Zg Session 96

The new age has arrived. Stars no longer fill the night sky, and instead of being pitch black it a non-uniform slate grey. Instead of the sun, the the world is greeted only by a patch of the cloudy sky somewhat less dark. The haze there seems to churn ever so slowly, like two gears—immeasurably titanic to be visible at this cosmic distance—grinding between their teeth the heavens themselves.
People have started to panic, and riots are starting to break out across the city, some leading to fires. Garrett has gone out to quiet the crowds. Meanwhile, most of you are consulting with the King, Minister Lee, and Chief Inspector Delft at the RHC HQ.
Zane is with Garrett, a quiet presence watching his back. Just in case.
Aleith|DM: The King has asked for your input on who should be put in the position of Governor, now that the previous one has been shown as treasonous and executed for his crimes during his final life.
Phyllis: "I liked Grimsley, whoever suggested it initially."
Gerald: "I couldn't remember his name at the time but he IS basically the ideal canidate I was thinking of, so that's my vote."
Ernst shrugs halfheartedly in agreement. "No strong feelings."
Chandrasekhar mentions that the politician he's been associated with whose name I can't remember offhand spoke well of him.
Aleith|DM: Garrett, what's happening with you?
Garrett‘ is going to find a nice, visible high spot over a square with numerous runabouts and foot traffic. He booms his voice over the crowd, with the added benefit of also speaking into their minds at the same time to really make sure he gets their attention. o O "Countrymen! The stars fall, and you would aid them in destroying your homes, your city?! Hold fast, and listen!"
Garrett` continues without the mental prodding, now. Did it even happen? "Months ago, crazed cultists attempted to consume the city, it’s rails, its people into nothingness, in order to spark an early war. But the people of Flint were vigilant, its officers and guards stalwart, and took not the bait- for they saw it as the lies and false prophecy that it was!"
Garrett: "Even more recently- a three-hundred foot monstrocity STAGGERED its way down Cauldron Hill, across the thoroughfares you possess now! A colossal beast of witchoil and steel- and the people of Risur did not panic or flee their posts! On the docks I saw you- on the seas we fought together-! Driving the beast into the sea, with King Aodhan banishing it to another dimension!"
Garrett: "Tonight the stars fall and gears grind amongst the clouds! Would you panic now, or remember that as Flint natives, as the best and brightest of Risurians- that machines are what the hands of mortal created, that if the cosmos show us their innards, that we will break not to the crank- but that we will seize it, and stop any who would seek to destroy us!"
Garrett: "My comrades and I hunt the fiends that wreacked the skies. And we can, and will, protect you all! But we are only a few- if the nation seeks to survive, if you can call to me now and pledge your devotion to living, enduring, and adapting to be better-"
Garrett: "Then we can follow these cosmic sharlatans into hell with not a look back."
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+26 and got 18 ( Total: 44 )
Aleith|DM: Those listening to you stop rioting, and instead by-and-large start cheering you.
Aleith|DM: Many start cleaning up the area and helping put out the fires around, and quite a few run off to spread the word.
Garrett: "To the streets-" he says, with a sweeping palm. "Band with your fellows! They will understand the reason1"
[OOC] Garrett: *reason!
Zane: "I’d say that's a pretty strong opening day on your new job, Your Highness."
Garrett‘ exhales. He smirks and asides to Zane. "(Yeah, I think I can punch up the speech a bit more over the next…)" He stares out into the distance, over the city. "(-number of times I give this speech tonight.)"
Aleith|DM: It’s going to be a long day.
Zane nods and claps him on the shoulder. "I've got your back, Garrett. Lets get to it."
Garrett‘ claps his hand onto Zane’s and nods. With that, there's some sort of [wall crawlers guild] dance they can do the -fly- over these rooftops.
[OOC] Zane: TEAMWORK
Aleith|DM: Later in the day, a courier shows up at the HQ while you're discussing things, frantically asking for help. He introduces himself as Gully Foyle and mentions that he's been teleporting.
Gully: "A few times when I was in a rush and I tried to weave through a crowd, I found myself simply stepping to a spot I could see. I don't know if it's safe, but I can't stop doing it."
Zane: "Weird…"
Garrett: "Have you experienced symptoms like this before?
Gully: "It's only started today, sir."
Phyllis: "Well. Can you do it at will to show us? If we can see it, maybe we can ascertain the cause."
Phyllis: "No magical items, no arcane training prior to this, right? What's your history?"
Gully: "Where do you want me to try it? - No, ma'am. I'm just a courier."
Zane: "Hm. Could take him to the training course. I'll race him."
Gerald‘ tilts his head, then attempts to teleport to the other side of the room without calling on his primal skills.
Garrett: "It’d be easier to help him too if he were to end up belowground."
Aleith|DM: …it works, Gerald.
Gerald: "- THE FUCK?!"
Zane: "…"
Garrett: "Gerald, please, one patient at a time."
Gerald: "I was damn certain that wasn't going to work."
Gerald‘ attempts to teleport back into his chair.
Phyllis opens her mouth, then promptly closes it. Better to try for herself.
Aleith|DM: …you feel like you’ll need a bit of time before you can do it again.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis: It doesn't seem to work for you right away.
Gerald: "…I guess there's limitations in place…? Same as when I tap into primal energy to do it."
Chandrasekhar: "…hah!" He teleport-flits in an obnoxious circle around Gerald and then placidly high-fives him.
Aleith|DM: Well, yeah, your teleport cheats…
Gerald: "Holy shit that's anonying Chandra. You should do that more." After a second to figure out the timing he returns the high-five.
Phyllis: Okay. Regardless, was she able to observe enough to be able to tell what happened with [Arcana]? Determine how the new stellar arrangement would allow for this?
Aleith|DM: The timing is 'every five minutes', yes.
Garrett: "Give it 5 minutes and try again, I suppose."
Gerald: "Though actually this is easier to tap into than the primal energy is… hah."
Gerald: "That's so weird."
Aleith|DM: You figure it's got something to do with one of the new planes.
Phyllis: I mean… more than that. Is it Av's new placement, or is it Mojang's spot as the plane of life?
Gerald: "Okay I guess we should figure out how far we can move with this."
Garrett: "Also if you can teleport through glass, like through this window-" he says, gesturing to a window.
Phyllis turns to Gully. "… sorry if this isn't actually helpful, but."
Gerald: "That too! And uh, figure out the best way to let the public know about this development. That's definitely not my department though."
Gerald: "Experimentation is fun, Phyllis!" And with that Gerald glances out the window and attempts to teleport onto a building roof a few streets down the road.
Zane: "Well, Gully… You're not pregnant."
Zane leans back in his chair.
Aleith|DM: You can teleport outside the window, but not onto the roof of that building.
Phyllis: "I'm not sure how declassified the information is, but this is in line with 'their' Panarchists plan."
Aleith|DM: Gully manages to teleport down to the street just fine through the window.
Phyllis turns to Garrett. "The one meant to put power in the hands of the individuals and do away with the need for government."
Zane: "Mm. Thought it sounded familiar."
Gerald: "I'M OKAY!" Shouting from a much closer room.
Gerald: "…Hmm…"
Garrett: "Yeah, like that was ever going to work out the way they thought."
Gerald‘ gunna try TELEPORTING PAST A WALL to a location he knows about within the office, rather than through the window, next.
Garrett: "Depending on if they need line of sight, that’ll put a whole new revolution on windows in architectural design."
Aleith|DM: Doesn't seem to work, Gerald.
Garrett: "Though really I suppose it's a lot like assassinations- don't but anyone you don't want killed in sunlight."
[OOC] Garrett: *put
Garrett: "And then the Ob fucked that up too."
Delft laughs. "I was about to say."
Gerald‘ does a lot of fucking around over the course of the next hour, testing the limits with clear lines of sight, obstructed lines of sight, glass and the like.
Zane shrugs. "Amateur hour. Real professionals will still get it done."
Aleith|DM: As long as you can see it, you can teleport to nearly any open space, it seems. Distance doesn’t seem to be a primary factor. You can teleport up to the roof of HQ, for example.
Phyllis: "Gerald. Try with your scope."
Gerald: "… Ahahaha."
Garrett: "Ahahahah oh this is going to be amazing."
Gerald: "Phyllis you're wonderful."
Aleith|DM: Teleporting through fences, or the bars of a cell don't seem to work, however. Nor onto the roof of a stranger's house.
Gerald‘ climbs up to the roof, pulls out the scope, and attempts some Seriously Long Distance Teleportation, after putting up a flag or banner of some kind to more easily find his way back.,
Garrett: "The laws of teleportation obey property rights?" He snorts.
Aleith|DM: Yeah, as long there’s a clear path for you to get there, it's not a problem, Gerald.
Aleith|DM: You…probably want to avoid Cauldron Hill, seeing as around noon, when the Gyre was overhead, with cracks audible even from the Governor's Island, trees were torn from the stone and carried into the sky.
Aleith|DM: Garrett got a lurching sense of a lot of spirit energy leaving the long-cursed mountain at the time.
Zane: "Huh. Teleporting obeys 'no trespassing' concepts now."
Chandrasekhar: "That's… fascinating."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: normal teleport powers don't actually care about that, just this 'jaunting'
Gerald: "Okay to teleporting across the city instantly was cool."
Gerald: "That noise? A lot less cool."
Phyllis: "Empowerment of the individual."
Aleith|DM: Also, Gerald, while you can teleport across, say, Parity Lake or Stanfield Canal…
Gerald: "I'm curious HOW much it obeys the concept of property though and should test that out a bit more…"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: <Delft> "We probably want to rename that sometime."
Phyllis: "Granted, what happens when one person owns everything?"
Aleith|DM: You can't seem to teleport across the bay or out to the Ayres.
[OOC] Garrett: "Do Not Enter Hill."
[OOC] Zane: "I Betrayed The Kingdom And Got Murdered For It Canal?"
Chandrasekhar: "…we probably want to get ahead of the game controlling the weather, now that I think again on the various proposals put forth and their benefits and drawbacks."
Garrett‘ thinks. "Delft, don’t let me- the king- into your office." He gives it a minute, and then tries to teleport into Delft's office.
Aleith|DM: It doesn't work.
Garrett: "Hah! Good show."
Garrett‘ then tries to regular walk into the office.
Phyllis: "There were similar barriers on longer … -duration- stays to other planes."
Phyllis: "I wonder if those are relaxed now."
Phyllis: "Get yourself a nice summer home on Jiese."
Aleith|DM: Yeah, entering the office is fine.
Aleith|DM: Even if he’s 'banned' you from it mentally.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: entering normally that is
Gerald: "Also fun: we can teleport over rivers and lakes, but not past the shore line into / over the sea."
Gerald: "I wonder if that's a safety feature?"
Garrett: "Some things still solved by locomotion, then."
Chandrasekhar: "Can we teleport -through- or -over- land owned by someone else?"
Gerald: "Oh man grab the shovels again I'm going to try and teleport into some soft dirt again."
Aleith|DM: It doesn't work
Zane: "OK for the record I am never going to support banning the rookies from our office. After all the trouble I went through to set up the snares…"
Garrett‘ rubs his face and then doesn’t call for backup.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar: With testing, no, it doesn't seem that way.
Gerald: "Hmm nope wouldn't let me. Seems like it has respect and safety features built in. That's nice of the stars."
Chandrasekhar: "So it's less that we can't travel over shoreline, but that the ocean doesn't belong to us."
Chandrasekhar: "Which stands to reason."
Phyllis: "Does any of this … help answer your questions, Gully?"
Gully: "Yeah. Yeah it does. Thanks."
Phyllis: "Personally, I don't see it as a good thing. It's a structure that places emphasis on the individual's power over the communal good."
Cyneberg: "Hey, you want my job? You've got a knack for teleporting."
Cyneberg: "What? I'm kidding."
Phyllis: "… in the old arrangement, how -did- your powers work?"
Phyllis: "It defied conventional knowledge, at least."
Cyneburg: "(But seriously, we should lock him up in a lightless cell so he can't share the secret. And maybe build a series ouf thin towers across the nation to quickly move forces around…)"
Gerald: "Hey Garrett get a head start on thinking how much you don't want Danor militaty personal or Ob agents free-teleporting across Risur while we're here."
Aodhan: "And I'll start thinking about that for now, yes."
Zane: "Hm. Actually… Can you make the barrier that specific?"
Phyllis raises an eyebrow at Cyneburg.
Aodhan: "More like not that vague. I need to know who it is specifically. Which covers a great deal of politicians and military officers, plus everyone you met at the Ob's Convocation, but not their general agents."
Ernst scratches his head. "All I'm hearing from all this is that I need to get better casting without enemies in my face if they can just pop and gank me."
[OOC] Ernst: *with enemies in my face
Zane nods. "That's what I was curious about. You can forbid them by name, but not 'any Obscurati agent'."
Aodhan: "Not by the Rites, at least. I'm not sure about this new method of teleporting."
Gerald: "Ehh… probably not Ernst. It takes more focus than walking does, and has that cool down period before your… whatever's built back up again."
Phyllis: "Gerald. Give me your scope."
Gerald‘ hands it over. "You can just hold onto that honestly, I’ve got like five of them on me and only a practical use for one."
Phyllis peers up at the stars visible in the sky.
Zane: "Hm. OK, lets see how general this trespassing block can be. Delft, forbid half-orcs from entering your office." And after a few minutes, Zane tries to teleport in.
Chandrasekhar: "Ahahaha, oh Goddess. Be careful."
Aleith|DM: …that seems to work to stop you from entering.
Zane: "Interesting…"
Aleith|DM: Jiese, Perlocus, Ratios, and Ostea are currently visible.
Phyllis gives a wave and tries to visit Perlocus in this manner.
Zane: "Lets see if I get double jeopardy. Forbid orcs." And after a minute, he tries again.
Aleith|DM: You can teleport in fine.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: hmm wait no
[OOC] Aleith|DM: you count as an orc for all intents and purposes, generally, so no, you're still blocked
[OOC] Zane: word
Zane: "Hah! Can't escape the blood. OK then."
Phyllis: "Okay. Gerald. I'm … not used to this, but you - "
Phyllis points at a certain star in the sky.
Phyllis: "Can you make it all the way there?"
Zane: "Oh for gods' sake. Give me another scope first so I can come get you if this goes bad."
Gerald: "Hmm."
Gerald‘ tosses one to Zane and another to either Garret or Chandra, whoever wants it more.
Zane moves to the window, puts the scope to his eye, and focuses on where Gerald is going.
Gerald: "This is a horribly stupid idea when you guys haven’t worked you way back up to ressurection yet but HERE WE GO."
Aleith|DM: Nothing happens.
Gerald: "…Nope."
Phyllis: "Didn't think so."
Phyllis: "Either way."
Zane: "Small favors."
Phyllis: "… Don't we have more pressing business?"
Gerald: "huh?"
Gerald: "Oh."
Gerald: "Right the elder Jierre and Nico."
Phyllis: "She Who Writhes. Axis Island."
Phyllis gestures at the sky in general. "Fixing this MESS."
Zane shrugs. "My weapons still work, so I'm just babysitting until you weirdos figure out how to realign yourselfs to whatever new cosmic order is out there."
Gerald: "I really doubt that's going to be something that gets done anytime soon."
Chandrasekhar: "Journey of something something, something something a single teleport jaunt."
Aleith|DM: Word comes in that some of the fishing and shipping boats that tried to sail out to sea earlier in the day were sunk. Rumour has it they were sunk by She Who Writhes.
Aleith|DM: Thankfully the spark-gap transmitters allow you to get in contact with most of the country easily enough.
Gerald‘ sighs. "I guess we should go put the giant fish to the blade though…"
Gerald: "Really glad we decided to get those spark-gap transmitters made, though, even if at the time they just seemed like a cool experiment I could help Ernst and Tinkerer mess with. Super handy now."
Zane: "I’m OK with waiting a couple of days for that, to give Ernst, Phyllis, and Chandrasekhar a little time to adjust."
Phyllis: "Especially if…"
Phyllis: "Oh."
Phyllis: "I know who the sea belongs to."
Zane: "Mmhmm."
Phyllis: "And why we can't teleport across water."
Gerald: "…Oooh."
Chandrasekhar: "Mmhmm."
Phyllis nods to Garrett. "Territory dispute."
Aleith|DM: Later tonight, Delft reports the first outbreak of violence since the riots, though it's an odd one. A baker's guild meeting somehow led to two dozen bakers roaming the streets, marching in odd lockstep, breaking into businesses and taking various baking ingredients—flour, butter, sugar, and the like. When police tried to arrest them, the bakers fended them off with exceptional teamwork. The police were forced to withdraw, and they say the perpetrators returned to their guildhouse and have been baking all day.
Phyllis: "Four and twenty in number, baking all day, you say?"
Delft: "That's what the report said, yeah."
Gerald: "Oh man."
Gerald: "This is going to be the dumber case we've ever handled."
[OOC] Gerald: dumbest^
Chandrasekhar starts giggling.
Ernst scratches his head. "Well, I was getting hungry."
Phyllis: "I suppose we should contain the situation before more trouble rises. Or yeast."
Aleith|DM: The bakers are still working at the location the report mentioned, one of the larger bakeries in town. They seem to be mixing, kneading, and baking with great efficiency, handing things off to the next person without saying a word.
Zane: "Hm."
Gerald: "So uh…"
Gerald: "What's going on here, fellas?"
Bakers: "Baking."
Aleith|DM: All twenty-four of them speak in unison.
Gerald: "Wow that wasn't creepy. And the armed robbery and assault was because…?"
Garrett: "Baking… what, for whom?"
Garrett: "To what end do you need to knead!"
Ernst chews at his lip. "That's some hivemind shit right there if I ever saw some. They're all linked together or something?"
Bakers: "People need food to cope with everything. We're providing."
Phyllis: "Highly efficiently, at that."
Gerald: "Yeah okay."
Phyllis: "Which people? Where are you going to deliver these?"
Gerald: "One word responce in unison, sure. Entire sentences? That sounds like some shit Phyllis would do to a crowd."
Zane quietly sniffs. [Detect planar energies: Nem]
Gerald: "…Which is weird since no one should be able to do magic that potent at the moment…"
Aleith|DM: They all stop what they're doing and look up at you.
Phyllis: "No one that isn't accustomed to this new planar arrangement. That isn't necessarily 'no one.'"
Aleith|DM: You haven't recovered your ability to cast that ritual yet, Zane.
Gerald: "Oh right they had set rooms set up…"
Bakers: "We haven't decided yet."
Garrett: "So you're saying you haven't thought this plan all the way through."
Gerald: "…Why would someone from the Ob take a bunch of bakers hostage and then make them… just… bake, as hard as possible."
Chandrasekhar: "Garrett, are you saying their plan is half-baked?"
Garrett‘ snorts.
Zane: "All of these baking jokes. You guys are really on a roll."
Phyllis: "Gerald, they might not have."
Ernst: "I suppose we should tell them to… beat it?"
Phyllis: "They could have come to this conclusion on their own. ’Logically.'"
Phyllis: The quotes are audible in her voice.
Garrett: "Puns aside, that's what I was trying to highlight-"
Aleith|DM: There's some large piles of various breads and baked goods on some of the counters, at least.
Garrett: "The group decided but executed without an endpoint."
Garrett: "What are your conditions for success, bakers!"
Bakers: "Would you hand them out for us?"
Gerald: "…Can I grab a load or…?"
Gerald‘ takes that as a yes.
Ernst takes a piece of food and starts to chew on it. "I almost say we should roll with it."
Phyllis: "Are you going to compensate the people you stole the ingredients from, though?"
Zane: "Too late I already made that joke."
Gerald: "Yeah, you should have said something about loafing around."
Gerald` shakes his head before biting into some bread.
Bakers: "Why?"
Garrett` turns to Phyllis. "Such that their strengthening of the individual only led to individuals forming even stronger groups."
Chandrasekhar: "Because the proper functioning of the flow of resources through the city relies on compensating people for their materials, the same as it always did."
Zane: "That’s how trade works. They have something you need, you compensate them in an appropriate amount, and the thing you need is now yours. You did not compensate, you simply took. The system breaks down."
Bakers: "If they want some of the food, they can have it."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: -food, +bread
Chandrasekhar: "If you want to keep being able to get ingredients from people, you still have to trade with them. You have to take the long view."
Garrett: "If anything, the supply chain manager's guild should have had a hand in this too."
Phyllis: "If your purpose is to help people cope, the effect of some baked goods hardly outweighs the distress of theft."
Gerald‘ scratches at the back of his head.
Gerald: "We didn’t shift over to being a communist society instead of a capitalist one when the stars fell, did we…?"
Phyllis: "By which I mean it doesn't outweigh it. At all."
Chandrasekhar: "I mean, where I come from, we do things a lot more communally than here. But it takes some getting used to, you can't just do that overnight without telling anyone."
Zane: "Nope, cash is still king. Metaphorically."
Chandrasekhar sounds disappointed honestly but, like, hey stopping theft is their job.
Aleith|DM: They shrug as one and go back to baking.
Zane: "Well, no sense in letting it sit around and go stale regardless. I'm gonna deliver some of this to the peoples that lost homes to the fires."
Chandrasekhar: "Wonder if this is going to be a theme."
Gerald: "…I guess in the short term we could probably take the money from their store's tills and compensate the people stolen from…"
Zane bundles up a bunch of bread and goes to deliver.
Gerald: "But that doesn't seem like a long term solution if they no longer seem to recognize theft as a concept."
Phyllis: "If they're good for it."
Chandrasekhar: "We have entire scrolls full of the logistics for stuff like this but it's never been my area of expertise."
Phyllis: "Or at least, as a bad thing. Which has some dire implications for … some recent mobility-related discoveries."
Gerald: "Yeah I got no real solution for this one, as bullets seem a big excessive of a response."
Phyllis: "Send them a bill for damages and theft?"
Ernst: "Seems fine to me. If they don't pay reperations we can follow up later."
Chandrasekhar picks up some loaves of bread, follows after Zane. Might make a detour to the people whose flour got burgled and hand some off to them, explain the situation, and get a bill of what was stolen for the state records. Delicious bread makes everything better…?
Gerald: "Well, more I mean. This is very definitely going to happen again as soon as they run out of materials."
Gerald: "Unless something changes."
Phyllis: "And in more contexts, too."
Gerald: "But if nothing is coming to mind for *you*, then I guess… we'll… circle back to this?" Gerald shrugs, looking a bit lost.
Chandrasekhar: "I'd suggest caches of raw materials open for public consumption with the proviso that anything made with those materials is also provided to the public?"
Chandrasekhar: "And then just… hope for the best?"
Ernst: "If anything I'd like to investigate why they're acting as one. If we can somehow cut that off at the source it'd fix what could very well be many other problems cropping up in town."
Gerald‘ nods.
Phyllis: "Should we do that now, then?"
Gerald: "Probably? I’m not even sure where we'd *start* though."
Gerald: "…Might just need to wait for more incident reports."
Phyllis: "Knock them out. Separate them. Question them individually."
Gerald: "Oh! Yes. Okay."
Phyllis: "And it prevents them from going out again tomorrow and grabbing more ingredients."
Phyllis: "Illicitly, I might add."
Phyllis points at Chandra. "These bakers are acting according to purpose and efficiency, not to actual need."
Phyllis: "They're machines with the visage of people now, reduced to their singular task."
Phyllis: "As much as I like your proposal, I don't think they would adhere to it. I think this requires action."
Chandrasekhar: "I'll defer to your judgement on this. At the very least, I'd like to know what's leading them to act in concert. It's… -fascinating-."
Phyllis: "As much as I'm loave - loathe -"
Chandrasekhar snorts.
Phyllis sighs. "Zane, if you will. Grab one."
Zane: "Right, then."
Aleith|DM: Well, they managed to drive the police off, but when you move to separate them, despite their eerie coordination the bakers aren't remotely a match for you. As you manage to pull them them away from the group, after getting them a bit away from the crowd they snap out of whatever it was. "Wait…constables? What's going on?"
Gerald: "That's a very good question, thanks for asking."
Garrett: "That's an excellent question."
Garrett: "Don't worry, you'll probably only be in holding for now."
Gerald: "Oh No, is it happening to us too…?"
Ernst: "What's your take Phyllis? I don't think this is something as simple as seperating all the bakers to fix the problem."
Phyllis: "You had a guild meeting, then acted as a weird machine-like hivemind, acting in concert for the singular purpose of making bread in the most expedient manner possible."
Baker: "Wait…" He goes pale. "Oh my gods. We-we didn't mean for this to happen."
Phyllis: "That's okay, I don't think you did."
Garrett: "We understand, and really for the moment, we'd just like to interview each of you on what did happen."
Zane: "Yeah, that I can believe."
Gerald: "Yeah we think it's something star related. Still trying to peice it together… but it's good that you're back to normal now."
Baker: "We were just talking about what we could do to help people with everything that's going on…the invasion, the…sky! And all that…"
Phyllis glances over at Ernst. "It probably involves planar rearrangement, in the long-term."
Zane: "While we applaud your initiative, your methods leave a great deal to be desired."
Baker: "And then as we started brainstorming ideas, we all just sort of…started agreeing about everything. Soon, we were-oh no, those poor-we stole from them! And drove off the police!"
Phyllis: "I suspect this is Mojang's influence, but I'm not sure."
Aleith|DM: He puts his face in his hands and lets loose a sob.
Gerald‘ pats the baker on the shoulder.
Phyllis puts a hand on his shoulder, or - wherever she can reach. "Hey, hey, it’s okay."
Zane: "Tell you what. Pay back the value of the stolen goods, throw in some free bread, and cover whatever damages you inflicted, and we'll call it good."
Zane: "Given the complete realignment of the known world, I think handing out a mulligan is OK this time."
Phyllis: "You were obviously baking under the influence of something else."
Baker: "What about the rest of them?"
Garrett: "There's dough-overs enough for everyone."
Phyllis: "We'll separate the other yolks - folks - "
Phyllis clears her throat. " - and same goes for them."
Aleith|DM: The baker groans, then laughs. "Oh gods, you made all sorts of-I'm surprised we didn't groan in unison. Alright, I'll start talking to the owners and find out what we owe them so we can split the difference between us."
Chandrasekhar: "There you go."
Aleith|DM: Eventually, you get the bakers all separated-when they were down to several of them, the group mentality seemd to break-and help them sort out everything that happened today.
Phyllis: "Okay. Twenty three more of those to go."
Aleith|DM: Eventually, you finish for the night.
Aleith|DM: Everyone but Zane figured out access to their first tier of magical powers…
Aleith|DM: The next morning, Delft brings word that a larger protest is forming in Parity Lake, outside of a factory where the owner has instituted a lock-in, forcing workers to keep working until a replacement staff member comes to take their shifts.
Zane is the stupid Avenger :(
Gerald: "Wow,"
Gerald: "We need to do the exact opposite of that."
Ernst: "I know we have pretty shitty labour laws, but geeze."
Zane sighs.
Phyllis: "Yet in the lens of the bakers of last night, what is a worker's purpose but to work?"
Gerald: "With the amount of dockers the factory workers hang out with I'm surprised they didn't band together and lock the managers in and refuse to let them out until demands were met."
Gerald: "I'm definitely thinking Grimes is looking like a strong canidate for governor with shit like this going on."
Garrett: "I could ask, 'so are the workers being forced, or are they compelled?' But I think that's just inviting a velvet glove approach, here."
Phyllis: "Six one way, half a baker's dozen the other."
Garrett: "Logically, it could follow that it's somehow a repeat of the baking incident, but Owkcum's Steam-Powered Beard-Grinder says it could be simpler than that, so."
Zane: "Well, lets go find out."
Gerald: "Guess we should check it out."
Garrett: "Best thing to do, yep."
Zane is up and out the door.
Phyllis: "So, the factory owner's in the wrong here for sure, right? It's at least beyond reason."
Gerald: "It keeps happening!" Gerald makes spooky finger motions at Zane and Garrett as they leave.
Gerald: "Yeah definitely."
The mob has has grown to encompass almost five-hundred angered workers; including family, friends, and people who just want to shout against the injustices of the new world. The mob is led by Thames Grimsley, who is fed up with the governing system and is finally ready to let his mob loose and forcibly enter the factories to free imprisoned workers. He's busy shouting threats of how if the crowd finds the owners, he can’t be held responsible for any bloodshed.
A group of several dozen police officers form a loose blockade between the Isfeld Drilling Cortege and the growing mob. As you arrive, the mob is pushing against the police line, and the officers are shaken and firing off repeated warning shots into the sky. Thames Grimsley shouts at the officers to abandon their posts so no one will get hurt.
Garrett: "You told us, dawg."
Gerald: "Hey! Grimsley! Over here a second!" Gerald starts waving him over from outside the crowd.
Zane: "Right, then."
Aleith|DM: He doesn't seem to hear you over the roaring crowd.
Gerald: "Hmm…"
Gerald: "Garrett do your thing."
Aleith|DM: A stray rock strikes a police offer and as another officer moves to help him up, a second rock strikes.
Phyllis: "… Five hundred instead of twenty four."
Garrett‘ shouts over the crowd, and even the deaf can hear it: . o O "Halt, everyone! Stay your hands!"
Gerald: "Egh this is going to get dumb real quick."
Aleith|DM: The downed officer responds with a shot into the crowd, which strikes one of the worker’s wives in the gut.
Gerald‘ moves over to the officers to make sure no one does anything - fuck.
Gerald: "Gods DAMMIT."
Zane: "OK then."
Zane is immediately at the wounded woman’s side, administering first aid.
Phyllis moves to step in between the crowd, arcane powers or no. "Stop. Stop!" [Suggestion]
Garrett: "Super quick. Ernst, Phyllis, Chandra- control the crowd. Gerald, and Zane when you get a bit- let's jaunt inside and see if we can't break the control over the workers."
Aleith|DM: Make your check?
Phyllis rolled d20+38 and got 5 ( Total: 43.0 )
Aleith|DM: The crowd stops pushing so hard, and the officers don't respond with a volley of gunfire, but the mob instead begins to stamp their feet in unison and chant, "Let our people out! Let us out! Let us out!"
Chandrasekhar places himself vaguely between the crowd and the cops- it's not like he's going to be able to engage in reasoned argument with a mob, or with a huge crowd one on one, but he tries to be the voice of calm instead, to stop anyone else from getting hurt.
The air feels thick with intention.
Garrett‘ glances at the buildings- can he tell them apart in function, or are they just buildings.
Gerald` crawls up onto Chandra’s shoulders near the entrance to the factory, trying to get the attention of the crowd. "ALRIGHT! No one do anytihng stupid, and the RHC, That's Up, will handle it!"
Aleith|DM: Looking inside the windows of the drilling factory, Garret and Gerald, you spot something huge moving inside. The windows flicker with turqouise light.
Phyllis: "That's our plan, at least. We'll do this without violence."
Garrett‘ nudges Gerald, nods toward the window.
Zane: "I need hot water and clean cloth, immediately. She’s not going to die, but we can't leave the bullet in there. Somebody get a doctor."
Aleith|DM: Heal check?
Gerald‘ then jaunts on through the window.
Zane points at people at random while he makes his demands. Gotta break up the mob…
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar: Diplomacy?
Garrett: "Let’s hop to it." He jaunts!
Zane rolled d20+12 and got 20 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: It's owned by someone else. You can't get inside.
Garrett: "Old fashioned way, then." He's going to scale the walls, then.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+32 and got 6 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM: You managed to stop the bleeding and manage a workable bandage. They'll need surgery later to remove the bullet, but they should be good for now.
Gerald‘ follows Garrett up, sighing.
Zane leaves the lady with the crowd and follows his squad into the building. With a stop along the way to shake that damned police officer like a baby. "YOU. Do. Not. Shoot. Unarmed. Civilians. You. Moron."
Phyllis: "Rocks don’t count. Have some better trigger discipline."
Garrett‘ turns to the crowd and screams: "Move! MOVE!! MOVE FROM THE DOOR OR YOU’LL DIE!"
Aleith|DM: As you start berating them, the wall factory wall at the front crumbles in a flash of blue light.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+24 and got 12 ( Total: 36.0 ) for vs Ref
d20+22: 4 [Total: 26.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 62.0, Avg: 8.00
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar is hit by the crashing wall and takes 25 damage!
Aleith|DM: The clearing dust reveals a monstrosity, a translucent blue mass of brain matter with eight tentacles that end in crude, fleshy hammers and sickles. Eyes twitch along the surface of the orb, and where they look, people’s flesh dissolves into ash.
Ernst: "That's… not quite what I was expecting."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 44:Ernst | 40:Zane | 39:Phyllis | 34:Chandrasekhar | 34:Gerald | 31:Garrett | 28:Labour Hivemind |
Chandrasekhar: "Mooootheeeerfucker."
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Phyllis tries to conjure up whatever illusions she can to block its sight. (Or at least, when it's her turn.)
Ernst tosses down Stocke and then fires two [Magic Weapon]s at the Hivemind, one from Stocke and the next from Ernst.
Gerald: "Are you fucking KIDDING ME!"
Gerald: "ONE DAY WITHOUT THE PROTECTIVE BARRIER!"
Chandrasekhar: "That certainly didn't take long."
Garrett: "This is not my favorite planar alignment, let me tell you."
Gerald: "ONE. FUCKING. DAY! AND ALREADY THE FLYING PSYCHIC BRAINS ARE COMING IN TO MURDER US ALL?"
Ernst rolled 4#d20+31(1) and got 11 ( Total: 42.0 )
Also rolled 4#d20+31(2) and got 14 [Total: 45.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+31(3) and got 19 [Total: 50.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+31(4) and got 15 [Total: 46.0 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Total: 183.0, Avg: 14.75
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald: "I AM KILLING THE FUCK OUT OF YOU, YOU STUPID LOOKING PEICE OF SHIT!"
Phyllis: "Why don't you incite a riot about it, Gerald?"
Zane: "Sweet tiny gods."
Ernst rolled 5d8+19 and got 2, 5, 4, 4, 3 ( Total: 37.0 ) for Stocke
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
[OOC] Ernst: 64 from Ernsts crit
Gerald: "RRRAAGH!"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 32!
Gerald: "Fuck."
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Ernst: +5 to hit, +5 dmg, brutal 1 for Zane, Ernst and Phyllis
Ernst also explodes a THP shield on Chandra and Zane. [+56 THP. +28 THP for Ernst]
Gerald: "CIVILIANS RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN WE'LL TAKE CARE OF THIS GIANT FUCKING ASSHOLE."
Aleith|DM: The mob doesn't seem to even notice the thing.
Phyllis: "Gerald."
Phyllis: "I think it's theirs."
Zane doesn't waste any time, one hand flinging a handful of grey dust at the floating monster while the Arsenal flows into the shape of a trident. [Insanity Mist, minor to apply Black Lotus Extract to the arsenal]
Gerald: "It came from inside though?!"
Phyllis: "There are workers inside, too."
Zane rolled d20+32 and got 15 ( Total: 47 )
Phyllis: "Or were."
Aleith|DM: Yeah. Garrett senses less workers in there than there should be….
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 3d10+24 and got 5, 3, 5 ( Total: 37.0 ) for ignores insubstantial, ongoing 10 psychic. first failed save becomes 15 psychic.
Also rolled 3d8 and got 1, 1, 2 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 1.33]
Total: 41.0, Avg: 2.83
Zane rolled 2d8 and got 5, 8 ( Total: 13 ) for rerolling 1s
Aleith|DM: Is that psychic damage in general?
Aleith|DM: Or just untyped?
Aleith|DM: oh right poison
Aleith|DM: okay that's why it ignores it
[OOC] Zane: the initial attack is Poison damage, the ongoing is psi
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 52!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis coolly reaches out with her own mind, with surgical precision aided by her headstone. Just like the creatures from the shrine of Apet. [Thoughtform, targetting Fortitude - minor]
Aleith|DM: +9 bonus to your Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma check for epic tier
[OOC] Aleith|DM: so 9 + 11 + ability mod
Phyllis rolled d20+31 and got 1 ( Total: 32.0 ) for 11 from half level, 7 from INT, 4 from Ioun Stone of Intellect, 9 apparently
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Phyllis attacks it with a horde of illusions - workers that see the damage they're causing. [Illusory Ambush]
Phyllis rolled d20+32 and got 12 ( Total: 44.0 ) for MW
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6r1+34: 5, (1, 4) [Total: 43.0 (High), Avg and got 4.50
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 43!
[OOC] Phyllis: huh. Psychic ignores insub in this case?
Aleith|DM: Yep.
Aleith|DM: One of the tendrils reaches out towards Phyllis in retaliation. [Industrious Routine -> Tentacle Seize]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 5 ( Total: 21 )
Aleith|DM: But misses.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Phyllis has means that can't be seized.
Chandrasekhar tags it with an [Ardent Strike]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+30 and got 1 ( Total: 31 )
Chandrasekhar snarls and issues a [Divine Challenge] instead.
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Phyllis also conjured a [Mage Hand] because why not.
Gerald‘ hops over to the next building to clear some space, marks his quarry, then fires off a [Manticore’s Volley].
Aleith|DM: Why not inded.
Gerald‘ rolled 3#d20+31(1) and got 1 ( Total: 32 ) for i appreciate CA
Also rolled 3#d20+31(2) and got 15 [Total: 46]
Also rolled 3#d20+31(3) and got 8 [Total: 39]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 117
Gerald` rolled 3#d20+31(1) and got 15 ( Total: 46 ) for right shotgun
Also rolled 3#d20+31(2) and got 6 [Total: 37]
Also rolled 3#d20+31(3) and got 5 [Total: 36]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 119
Aleith|DM: 1 hit, 2 hits, 2 hits!
Gerald` rolled d8+20 and got 8 ( Total: 28 ) for ignore insubstantial
Also rolled 4d8+20 and got 4, 8, 8, 7 [Total: 47]
Also rolled 4d8+20 and got 4, 2, 3, 7 [Total: 36]
Also rolled 5d8+24 and got 5, 1, 6, 6, 2 [Total: 44]
d10: 6 [Total: 6]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 161
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 161!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` focuses on the creature. [Thoughtform - targeting Fort]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+28 and got 20 ( Total: 48 ) for vs fort
Aleith|DM: It becomes substantial!
Garrett: "Show yourself, beast!" He tumbles from the roof! [Move>Minor - Tumbling Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+32 and got 10 ( Total: 42 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 3d4+28 and got 2, 4, 1 ( Total: 35 ) for now vuln 5 cold
Also rolled 5d8 and got 5, 1, 4, 4, 7 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 56
Gerald: "Grrrah. Seriously! One fucking day! I told Nico that shit was there for a reason! Ugh. The only small upside to this is I’m really good at killing these things."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 56! Bloodied!
[Trigger: Bloodied] [Free Action - Press The Advantage]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+32 and got 2 ( Total: 34 ) for vs AC
[Sly Fortune’s Favor]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20 and got 19 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: Mis-hit!
Garrett` rolled 2d4r1+33: 2, (1, 2) [Total: 37.0 (Low), Avg and got 2.00
Garrett` has only landed, though, and he cuts a path of carnage! [Standard -> Circling Predator]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+32 and got 3 ( Total: 35 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d20+32 and got 8 ( Total: 40 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+33 and got 3 ( Total: 36.0 )
Also rolled 1d4r1+33 and got 3 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 72.0, Avg: 3.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 37! 72!
Aleith|DM: The hivemind makes a saving throw. [Industrious Routine -> Move converted to saving throw]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+5 and got 11 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM: Saves vs ongoing Psychic
Garrett` isn’t finished. [AP] [Martial Might -> Refreshes Circling Predator] [Circling Predator]
Aleith|DM: …okay.
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+32 and got 11 ( Total: 43 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d20+32 and got 7 ( Total: 39 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+33: (1, 4) [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg and got 4.00
Also rolled 1d4r1+33 and got 3 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 5d8 and got 3, 8, 1, 7, 7 [Total: 26 (High), Avg: 5.20]
Total: 99.0, Avg: 4.71
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 99!
Aleith|DM: Two massive limbs, each thirty feet long, swing an industrial piston hammer down on Chandrasekhar, then slice at him with a massive sickle. [Hammer and Sickle]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 15 ( Total: 38 )
Gerald` disruptive shot.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 10 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 12 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 84
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 4d8+20 and got 1, 8, 5, 8 ( Total: 42 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 42!
Aleith|DM: It saves versus the -2 attack penalty.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+5 and got 17 ( Total: 22 )
Aleith|DM: Oh wait no first it tries that again with an [AP]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 14 ( Total: 37 )
Aleith|DM rolled 3d12+10 and got 12, 3, 2 ( Total: 27.0 )
Aleith|DM: 27 damage to Chandrasekhar, who’s knocked prone and takes ongoing 10 damage (SE)!
Aleith|DM: Okay it saved vs the penalty…
Aleith|DM: And then tries to Tentacle Seize Chandrasekhar.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 1 ( Total: 26 )
Aleith|DM: Another Hammer and Sickle…
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 8 ( Total: 35 ) for CA
Aleith|DM: And another Tentacle Seize…
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 18 ( Total: 45 ) for CA
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+20 and got 2, 6, 1 ( Total: 29.0 )
Aleith|DM: 29 damage, and Chandrasekhar is grabbed! [Escape DC 27]
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 44:Ernst | 40:Zane | 39:Phyllis | 35:Tentacle Seize | 34:Chandrasekhar | 34:Gerald | 31:Garrett | 30:Move | 28:Labour Hivemind | 25:Psychic Bolt | 20:Tentacle Seize | 15:Move | 10:Hammer & Sickle | 5:Tentacle Seize |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
[OOC] Phyllis: Can't he just … teleport?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: does it know that…?
[OOC] Zane: Obviously not, but Doman was pointing it out for Teak!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: =3
Ernst just shoots it one more time. [Magic Weapon]
[OOC] Phyllis: as an apex being of the new rational world,
Ernst rolled 2#d20+36(1) and got 7 ( Total: 43.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+36(2) and got 19 [Total: 55.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 98.0, Avg: 13.00
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: losing it laughing irl doman
Aleith|DM: Hits!
[OOC] Ernst: 64
Aleith|DM: The Hivemind dissolves, releasing several dozen of the once-trapped workers as well as releasing a psionic boom.
Aleith|DM: Everyone in the crowd staggers.
Gerald: "Goddamn psychic flying brains!"
Phyllis addresses the crowd: "Are we all okay?"
Aleith|DM: Thames Grimsley reels from the shock.
Garrett‘ sheathes his daggers. "Priority one, let’s secure the area."
Aleith|DM: The crowd seems dazed and confused, by and large.
Gerald: "I don't SEE anything else from up here but…"
Garrett: "And two…" He shakes his head. "Figure out some sort of protection against these creatures. Even if only for Flint, for now."
Zane heads into the warehouse to check on everybody else. And possibly to beat the owner like an old rug.
Gerald: "So, add the thought form note to the innate teleporting memo."
Chandrasekhar: "I don't suppose 'no evil tentacle brains allowed' works?"
Garrett: "I don't think they're playing by many rules."
Garrett: "Other than their continued vulnerability to strong enough wills."
Aleith|DM: Those police that were crushed by the wall? Many of them are seriously hurt, but only several who's heads were crushed outright are actually dead. The rest are still hanging on, despite injuries that would have killed most.
Chandrasekhar will find that fascinating once he is done triaging and trying to provide assistance where and when he can and shouting for medics.
Phyllis: "Fourmyle's Empowerment aspect and Ratios' sense of logic…"
Ernst does his best in aiding the crowd. A lucky few even get some infusions before he has to resort to traditional healing.
Gerald‘ comes down off from the wall to help stabilize these poor bastards.
Aleith|DM: They’re all stabilized
Phyllis heads in after Zane.
Garrett‘ only makes injuries and doesn’t reverse them so he'll bring his attention to the gathered crowd, trying to discern the mood.
Aleith|DM: The workers seem to be mostly okay, and those that are injured seem like they'll recover.
Aleith|DM: The owner, Jaya Isfeld, is cowering in their office.
Zane: "So. Lets talk about what happened here today."
Aleith|DM: They're at a loss for what happened. They barely even respond, Garrett.
Aleith|DM: Thames isn't handling it any better.
Aleith|DM: They probably need some rest.
Gerald: "So uh… Grimsley." Gerald finds him, helpinh him back to his feet. "How confident are you in… you know… not accidently mindmelding with an evil psychic murder brain and attemting to kill a bunch of people? 'Cause stuff like that is making you look like a bad canadate for Governer."
Grimsley: "…huh?"
Phyllis just puts a hand on Gerald's shoulder.
Garrett‘ takes this time to keep them calm. "Everyone will be coming home soon, please give us some time to help the injured." He’ll keep it up until some medics or more officers arrive.
Gerald: "Man the flying psychic murder brains are going to be a reoccuring feature from now on, they need to learn about them."
Zane grabs Isfeld by the front of their shirt and hauls them up. And up. And up. Good business owners get to stand on the floor. Bad business owners get lifted clean off their feet and pinned to the wall by upset half-orcs. "Tell me why you refused to let your workers leave."
Aleith|DM: The man gibbers. Even with a planar penchant to think rationally, that isn't stopping you from putting the fear of the gods into him. "I just wanted them to continue working instead of crying about the missing sun!"
Gerald: "Anyway we were very strongly considering you for the newly vacant position of Governer, given we had to kill the last one, but you're gunna need a strong will power to resist psychic flying murder brain influences if you want the job."
Grimsley: "O…kay?"
Phyllis: "Gerald. Give him time to recover."
Gerald: "…Man you don't even remember it do you? Yeah, we'll circle back to this."
Phyllis: "An incident like this would cause anyone to quail."
Chandrasekhar: "…Phyllis. Do you think resistance to mental trickery and shenanigans could be taught at anything like scale?"
Zane leans forward, putting a little more pressure on the hapless owners chest. "The missing sun is kind of a big deal. People should be allowed to cry about it. They should also be allowed to leave when their shift is over, and spend time with their loved ones. Especially in trying times such as this, the bonds of family provide amazing comfort. I trust you understand this now, yes?"
Isfeld: "…yes, constable."
Phyllis: "We won't know until we try. It's impossible to have achieved this on day two, though."
Zane: "Good. Do not make me come back here again. Ever. And give your workers a day off with pay, for being an insensitive ass."
Zane drops the poor idiot and stalks out.
Aleith|DM: The rest of the day is relatively quiet, though you hear word of some more of these telepathic gestalts forming. After some investigation, you start to spread the word about how to recognize a gestalt forming and the steps to prevent it from completing.
Aleith|DM: Nevertheless, police tend to break up groups larger then a dozen as a precaution.
Aleith|DM: Word comes in late during the day about a couple of different things: although there are already some refugees fleeing to Flint after the events a couple of nights ago, the largest share seems be to coming in on the train from Bole.
Aleith|DM: And with good reason: spark-gap communications mention huge storms happening in the weftlands west of Bole, forest fires happening to the east, and a dozen men dressed like miners found floating dead in the Slywater River, a tributary of the Great Delve River.
Phyllis: "Those … sound like fey titans, also."
Zane: "Oh good. I've been meaning to talk to Ash Wolf at some point anyway."
Chandrasekhar sighs dramatically.
Aleith|DM: A number of the refugees seem to have been gathering at the THinking Man's Tavern in the Bosum Strand.
Gerald: "I need more funds for my murder kit if fighting those things is going to be regular occurance now, too, Phyllis."
Garrett‘ cracks his knuckles.
Phyllis: "The Father of Thunder, Ash Wolf, and Granny Allswell, respectively."
Zane: "Granny Allswell last. Her henchgoblins are going to play merry hell with Gerald and Ernst, I want the rest of you as close to operational as possible."
Garrett: "Alright. We’ll just have to assert things in a radiating manner."
Chandrasekhar: "Tch. How does it benefit them to try and make a break for it -now-?"
Phyllis: "Benefit who? The titans?"
Gerald: "They're assholes, and old, and strange changes are happening."
Gerald: "They're just lashing out and need to be kicked in the fucking teeth."
Phyllis: "And their home isn't actually accessible anymore, so. That probably has something to do with it."
Garrett: "Well, hey."
Chandrasekhar: "Tch. We'll give them a show of force, then. Good to see the Voice of Rot already knows whom he'd be threatening."
Garrett: "They might be amicable to a logical sitdown over an ale."
Phyllis: "They probably don't see anything to gain, but I can't imagine this adheres to Risur's pact with them."
Gerald: "I don't think they make never ending kegs that big…"
Garrett: "Or, ahaha… beard-grinder yadda yadda."
Chandrasekhar: "New world, new rules, I suppose."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License