Zg Session 95

You've secured the bottom of the tower, and turned off the shield protecting both parts of the tower while saving Chief Inspector Delft from the ritual powering it.
Aleith|DM: During your rest, the messenger wind shows up with a message from the King. "Beshela showed up to warn us that whatever you did woke up She Who Writhes and wants to contest me for control of her domain. She's currently wrecking some of the Danoran fleet in the bay right now. Our forces are moving on the island while contending with the Danorans."
Phyllis: "Told you it was her."
Zane looks at the lack of stairs with a frown. Then grins. "Hey, guys. We unleashed the kraken!"
Garrett‘ claps his knee. "Ahh, the myriad allies of Risur."
Gerald: "Hahaha. No one tell her those aren’t our boats."
Chandrasekhar emits a slow disbelieving snort at Zane.
Aleith|DM: After taking a short breather, you're ready to head for the roof. Phyllis sets up an Arcane Gate through the hole at the top-sadly for the Governor, it lacks a trap door to cover it-and you're ready to go.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 38:Garrett | 35:Roland Stanfield | 33:Gerald | 33:Phyllis | 32:Ernst | 30:Zane | 30:Loremaster | 25:Holy Warrior | 20:Chandrasekhar | 20:Politician | 15:Technologist |
Gerald: "Anyway you good now Delft? We still got a couple reincarnations to kill."
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Phyllis slices a hole in the air with the Sword of Black Needles and gestures for the others to go through.
Gerald‘ lets off a [Word of Warning], giving evyerone +5 Init and CA against enemies this round.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 43:Garrett | 38:Gerald | 38:Phyllis | 37:Ernst | 35:Zane | 35:Roland Stanfield | 30:Loremaster | 25:Chandrasekhar | 25:Holy Warrior | 20:Politician | 15:Technologist |
Garrett` spins his daggers in his hands. "Time to shock and awe ’em." He moves through the portal, immediately zooms up the stairs, and with a quick step he's by Standfeld. [Move] [Tumbling Strike]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+32 and got 20 ( Total: 52 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Critical hit!
Garrett` rolled 5d6+61 and got 4, 5, 4, 2, 1 ( Total: 77 ) for now vuln 5 cold
Garrett` continues the assault! [Circling Predator]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+32 and got 9 ( Total: 41 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Stanfield staggers, but the wound doesn’t last-instead, one of the nearby incarnation takes both the hit and the vulnerability instead! [Living Memories]
Garrett: "You're going to make this difficult, aren't you."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Transferred to the Technologist Incarnation
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Garrett: ok I do NOT circlig predator him
Garrett‘ sighs and uses his [standard -> move] to go back down the stairs.
Gerald: "HEY STANFIELD! WANNA SEE A MAGIC TRICK?"
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald: "TOO BAD ALL I GOT IS GUNS!" Gerald runs thruogh the portal and past Garret, before spining around on the stairs and opening a huge salvo upon Stanfield. [Quarry] [AP] [Confounding Arrows] [Pounding Barrage]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 6 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 15 [Total: 50]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 91
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 13 ( Total: 48 )
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 18 [Total: 53]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 101
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 9 ( Total: 44 )
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 17 [Total: 52]
Garrett: "He’s got a redirection field, don't get too excited."
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 96
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 4 ( Total: 39 )
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 9 [Total: 44]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 83
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 12 ( Total: 47 )
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 14 [Total: 49]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 96
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 5 ( Total: 40 )
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 18 [Total: 53]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 93
Gerald` rolled 7d8+28 and got 8, 3, 3, 1, 6, 3, 6 ( Total: 58 ) for 1
Phyllis: "I think…"
Phyllis: "I think that’s why he's excited."
Gerald‘ rolled 4d8+28 and got 1, 6, 4, 1 ( Total: 40 ) for 2
Gerald` rolled 6d8+28 and got 2, 3, 1, 7, 4, 7 ( Total: 52 ) for 3, and Stun (SE)
Gerald` rolled 4d8+28 and got 3, 3, 2, 1 ( Total: 37 ) for 4
Gerald` rolled 4d8+28 and got 7, 3, 7, 7 ( Total: 52 ) for 5
Gerald` rolled 4d8+28 and got 1, 8, 3, 8 ( Total: 48 ) for 6, and Immobilize EoNT
d6: 2 [Total: 2]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 50
Aleith|DM: Make an Arcana check for the first hit as the Loremaster Incarnation chants a counterspell, trying to wrest control of your attack. [Learned Deflection]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 2 ( Total: 25 ) for Stanfield’s check
Gerald‘ rolled d20+13 and got 19 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: But nothing happens.
Aleith|DM: The policitican fades out and the glowing lines on Stanfield’s skin dim slightly. [KO!] The Technologist incarnation looks really hurt! [Bloodied!]
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis steps out of the gate. A star falls from the sky, and a giant flaming chunk of rock lands on the Holy Warrior Incarnation. Or so it seems. [Illusory Ambush]
Gerald: "Yeah that was great, I didn't even have to bother switching targets."
Phyllis rolled d20+27 and got 12 ( Total: 39.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6+29 and got 4, 4 ( Total: 37.0 ) for -6 tohit to first attack, -2 to subsequent UEoPNT
Phyllis [sustains] the gate, too.
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst steps out of the gate scowling. "Did you really have to run so far away? You literally could have shot him where Phyllis was standing." He doesn't seem that happy having to move around so much. He fires off a [Magic Weapon - Minor] at the Holy Warrior Incarnation followed by a [Siphon Fate at both the Holy Warrior and the Technologist.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 17 ( Total: 48.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 16 [Total: 47.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 5 [Total: 34.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 12 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 2 [Total: 31.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 15 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Total: 245.0, Avg: 11.17
Aleith|DM: 2 hits! 1 hit! 1 hit!
Gerald: "I'll admit, I PROBABLY should have shot through the floor and that crate he's standing next to, Ernst, but I feel like the universe may have objected slightly if I had so…"
Gerald: "Went for the clearer line of sight."
Ernst rolled 5d8+16 and got 4, 2, 2, 1, 8 ( Total: 33.0 )
Also rolled 1d8+16 and got 3 [Total: 19.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 1d8+16 and got 3 [Total: 19.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 71.0, Avg: 3.29
Aleith|DM: Well, it's not a crate so much as a control panel with 8 different knobs on it.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33! 19! Bloodied!] [KO!
[OOC] Gerald: yeah that exactly what I said, a control panel.
[OOC] Ernst: -1 AC to the Warrior. +5 to hit, +5 dmg brutal 1 to Gerald and Garrett. -2 to attack rolls/defenses for the warrior. +3 to all defenses and +6 to hit for Phyllis.
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane explodes out of the gate already running. He whirls to fling his three-pointed boomerang at the Stansfield to the north as he charges at the one to the southwest. [Two Targets, -1 combat die]
Zane rolled 1d20+29 and got 2 ( Total: 31.0 ) for the Arsenal is a bastard sword
Also rolled 1d20+30 and got 4 [Total: 34.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 65.0, Avg: 3.00
Aleith|DM: The pipes connectiong the various lantern towers are barely a consideration for you-although they're three feet off the ground, it's barely a thought to jump over or slide underneath them for you.
Aleith|DM: Roland Stanfield snarls as he steps forward, the lines on his face dimming and turning a bit red as the 2nd incarnation fades out. He seems to grow in size and majesty, as if you stand in the presence of a cruel king. [Dark Rites; Close Burst 3]
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+25(1) and got 17 ( Total: 42.0 ) for vs Fort, Ernst, Garrett, Gerald
Also rolled 3#d20+25(2) and got 20 [Total: 45.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+25(3) and got 1 [Total: 26.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 113.0, Avg: 12.67
[OOC] Ernst: Oh huh you needed 17+ to hit me too. Well fuck
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+20 and got 4, 1, 2 ( Total: 27.0 )
Aleith|DM: 27 force damage to Ernst, and 36 force damage to Garrett. Both are shoved back 2 squares!
Garrett: "Ow, rude."
Aleith|DM: He then conjures a miasma of darkness around Gerald. [AP -> Obscurati Charm]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 14 ( Total: 41 ) for vs Ref
Gerald‘ [Disruptive Shot]s the darkness away.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 8 ( Total: 43 )
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 3 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 81
Gerald` rolled d8r1+32 and got 3 ( Total: 35.0 ) for -10 to hit
Gerald` rolled 2d8r1 and got 5, 8 ( Total: 13 ) for double hit
Aleith|DM: The Holy Warrior takes another 48 damage, but the Charm fails to sink into your senses.
Gerald` rolled 1d8r1: (1, 5) [Total: 5 (High), Avg and got 5.00
53
Ernst fires an Energy conversion on Garrett while we’re doing shit since it's an encounter and I may as well burn the interrupt. (-9 damage from that hit, 14 THP after)
Gerald: "Like I said, Stanfield. Guns. Welcome to the future, you fucking traitor. Sadly your stay will only be a few seconds longer."
Aleith|DM: The Loremaster Incarnation takes a step back from Zane, chanting as burning light begins to glow around the half-orc. [Illuminating Revelation]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 14 ( Total: 41 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+20 and got 6, 4, 3 ( Total: 33.0 )
Aleith|DM: 33 radiant damage, and Zane gains vulnerable 10 all (save ends) as the light reveals arteries and organs even through your clothes!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Garrett: "…hey."
Garrett: "You know how useful that would be for medical training?"
Zane headtilts. "You mean the rest of you don't normally see people like this?"
Gerald: "Huh? Oh. UH. … No?"
Garrett: "Not everyone can be as amazing as us."
Chandrasekhar steps through the gate, then steps through reality twice, elegantly, charging the current Stanfield. "How dare you? After watching Her fall? After watching Risur for all these years?" [Divine Challenge]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+29 and got 5 ( Total: 34 ) for vs.AC 38
Aleith|DM: The Divine Challenge applies to the Holy Warrior Incarnation.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: I have +2 from CA but that's not enough… bah
[OOC] Zane: I feel your pain, bro :(
Aleith|DM: The Holy Warrior Incarnation steps forward before slashing twice at Ernst. Glowing gauntlets give him the strength to swing a pair of oversized swords. [Veteran Swordsmanship]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 20 ( Total: 41.0 ) for -8, -4
d20+25: 2 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 68.0, Avg: 11.00
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Divine Challenge proc
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: 18 damage + slow + weakened
Aleith|DM: Ernst takes 15 damage and is marked! The Holy Warrior takes [6!] damage from the Challenge!
Ernst: "Really glad we toned you down, now."
Aleith|DM: …and the other two incarnations are already dead.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 43:Garrett | 38:Gerald | 38:Phyllis | 37:Ernst | 35:Zane | 35:Roland Stanfield | 30:Loremaster | 25:Chandrasekhar | 25:Holy Warrior |
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
[OOC] Ernst: You have MW
Garrett‘ steps to the other side of the Holy Warrior and guts ’em. [Piercing Strike]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+32 and got 4 ( Total: 36 ) for vs Ref
[OOC] Gerald: ie +5 to hit, hachi
[OOC] Garrett: right o
[OOC] Ernst: +5 to hit, +5 dmg, brutal 1
Garrett` rolled 2d4r1+31 and got 4, 2 ( Total: 37.0 )
Also rolled 5d8 and got 2, 3, 4, 4, 2 [Total: 15 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 52.0, Avg: 3.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald: "I cooouuulllddd walk all the way over to get into optimal shotgun range on that last one… OR just shoot the guy in front of me and have it magiced over! This is great, Garrett, I don’t know what you're talking baout."
Gerald‘ fires off a [Biting Volley] into Stanfield.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 6 ( Total: 40 ) for vs Ref, crit 18+
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 13 [Total: 47]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 87
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 1 ( Total: 35 ) for vs Ref, crit 18+
Garrett: "Stanfeld should only have one eye right now, not two! Or be alive!"
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 15 [Total: 49]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 84
Garrett: "It was a really good hit…"
Aleith|DM: 2 hits! 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled 4d8+32 and got 4, 7, 5, 3 ( Total: 51 ) for quarry dice on second roll, i didn’t double tap
Also rolled 4d8+32 and got 1, 2, 1, 4 [Total: 40]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 91
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 91! Bloodied] to the Loremaster Incarnation!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis: "Ernst, if you could be ready to look at that control panel." In the meantime, she conjures a [Mage Hand] and stares both the Loremaster and Stanfield prime down. [Mesmeric Hold] (and a third target if i'm just being dumb and mot seeing them)
Phyllis rolled d20+35 and got 7 ( Total: 42.0 ) for vs will, CA against Stanfield, no CA against Loremaster, Ernstbuffs against both
d20+33: 5 [Total: 38.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 80.0, Avg: 6.00
Phyllis rolled 2d6+26 and got 5, 4 ( Total: 35.0 ) for Immobilized UEoPNT
Aleith|DM: The Loremaster takes [70!] damage!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Phyllis: The [Arcane Gate] winks out.
Ernst glances at the party in various directions before snapping his fingers. [Slick COncoctation] They all slide together. He then fires a [GMW] before moving out of Fireball formation.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 10 ( Total: 44.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 13 [Total: 47.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 91.0, Avg: 11.50
[OOC] Ernst: At the thing by Sam
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Ernst rolled 2d8+19 and got 5, 4 ( Total: 28.0 ) for +9 to hit, +5 dmg, brutal 1
Gerald: "Ahahaha… ah. It's like shooting into a barrel and hitting fish still in the river. This is great."
Aleith|DM: Zane!
[OOC] Ernst: WAIT
Ernst also used a minor on Zane with Ring of calling so he got GMW'd.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: rofl okay
[OOC] Zane: oh wow, sweet
[OOC] Ernst: +9 to hit, +5 dmg, Brutal 1 that's your start spot
Zane barely touches the steps, taking them in a few large bounds as he hurls himself up to the platform and drives a blow into Stansfields leg before whirling the Arsenal into the shape of a longsword and slicing at the traitorous mayor. [minor to apply Black Lotus Extract, Move, Arsenal property 'Whenever you spend a standard action to make a weapon attack, before or after the attack
Zane you can slide one adjacent creature 1 square.', MBA]
Zane rolled 1d20+41 and got 11 ( Total: 52.0 ) for MBA with CA and GMW
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 6d8+31 and got 4, 6, 3, 6, 6, 7 ( Total: 63.0 ) for damage, furious assault, 3 brute dice for damage, assassin strike
Also rolled 3d6 and got 5, 5, 5 [Total: 15 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 5d10 and got 8, 5, 1, 8, 1 [Total: 23 (Low), Avg: 4.60]
Total: 101.0, Avg: 5.00
[OOC] Ernst: Two 1's
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10r1 and got 9, 5 ( Total: 14 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 113! Bloodied!
[OOC] Zane: nevermind that slide, btw, I was Incorrect
Aleith|DM: Stanfield snarls as the now-dim lines on his skin flare blue as he hold out a hand to deter you, Zane. You brieflly share the memories of one of Stanfield's past lives- [Memory Leech]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 11 ( Total: 38 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+10 and got 2, 1 ( Total: 13.0 )
Aleith|DM: 23 damage, and as you watch he manifests a brief longsword of his own to carve you with. [Copied Melee Basic Attack]
Gerald‘ sends a bullet wizzing right past Zane’s ear to help focus his mind. [Defensive Volley] [-19 Damage]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+39 and got 17 ( Total: 56 ) for GMW bonus
Ernst snaps his fingers swapping Zane and Chandra's positions. [Surprising Transposition] Chandra's WIL score is too high for that first hit to even connect so he can't get the GMW bonus
Gerald‘ did not pop his reaction then! That’s the power of teamwork.
Aleith|DM rolled d6 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for Memory of a Dozen Lifetimes
Aleith|DM: He hisses as the Eladrin is suddenly in the way, and the attack doesn't take hold.
Aleith|DM: But he tries again. [AP]
Phyllis: " - Did that sound. Catlike?"
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 18 ( Total: 45 ) for vs Will, Zane
Phyllis: "to anyone else?"
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+20 and got 1, 6 ( Total: 27.0 )
Gerald: "Told you it was only gunna be a few more secondsm Stanfield."
Gerald‘ NOW takes [-19 damage] off the attack for Zane!
Aleith|DM: 27 psychic damage, and he manifests that longsword of force as he swings at Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+41 and got 1, 3 ( Total: 45.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting Zane for another 41 damage!
Zane is knocked backwards and falls on his back, palming a dagger… [Dramatic reversal, -5 damage]
Aleith|DM: He then steps back and gestures at the northern lantern, and a field of flames manifests around Chandrasekhar and Zane!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Take 15 fire damage!
Aleith|DM rolled d8r1 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
Aleith|DM: Take another 4 damage, Zane, you DID have Brutal 1 after all.
[OOC] Zane: yowza
Gerald: "Man he REALLY doesn’t like you Zane."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: The creature takes 15 fire damage if it enters or starts its turn in the zone.
Zane: "Nngh."
Chandrasekhar teleports in front of Stanfield, [Challenge]s him, and then strikes him with a [Wrathful Smite]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+29 and got 9 ( Total: 38 ) for v.Reflex
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+11 and got 5, 1, 8 ( Total: 25 ) for -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 25!
Chandrasekhar: "We'll kill as many of you as we have to, tear apart centuries of your work, to prove that our will, our future, is stronger than yours…"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 43:Garrett | 38:Gerald | 38:Phyllis | 37:Ernst | 35:Zane | 35:Roland Stanfield | 25:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
[OOC] Ernst: You have GMW! +9 to hit, +5 dmg, Brutal 1
Phyllis: "Stronger? That may be true, but I wouldn't use that as the defining characteristic…"
Garrett‘ heads 2/3rds of the way up the stairs, makes a face, and then has the ground beneath Stanfield pummel him! [The City Comes Alive]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+39 and got 12 ( Total: 51 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 2d6r1+28: 2, (1, 4) [Total: 34.0 (Low), Avg and got 3.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 34!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Chandrasekhar: "…it worked better in my own tongue. There are connotations that do not carry over. Tenacity. Vigilance. Growth."
Restrained [Save Ends]
Aleith|DM: To be fair, he would have understood it in Elven…
Phyllis: "Ah, yes. The Seedism credos."
Gerald` rolls his shoulders, then fires off a [Twin Shot] to wrap this up.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+38(1) and got 2 ( Total: 40 )
Also rolled 2#d20+38(2) and got 5 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 83
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+38(1) and got 13 ( Total: 51 )
Also rolled 2#d20+38(2) and got 9 [Total: 47]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 98
Aleith|DM: All hits!
Gerald` rolled 5d8r1+17 and got 2, 8, 8, 4, 5 ( Total: 44.0 )
Also rolled 5d8r1+17 and got 3, 4, 3, 8, 2 [Total: 37.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 3d8+15 and got 4, 7, 7 [Total: 33.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 114.0, Avg: 5.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: He coughs and clutches his back as he collapses. Blood pools around him, and his skin drains of color, but he looks skyward as his eyes darken with death.
Stanfield: "You might have saved Risur, but Nicodemus will complete the ritual on Axis Island."
Stanfield: "It was a grand folly. Not my folly, though. Yours. Death has not stopped me before, and I swear even if the whole nation resists, it will not stop me now."
Aleith|DM: He smiles and releases a dying breath. Everything is growing steadily brighter, lit from above, and you glimpse upward at a falling star.
Gerald: "It’s amazing how each member of the Ob is dumber than the last."
Phyllis: "You won't be missed."
Ernst tosses two infusions on Zane, one on himself and Garrett + Chandra can just surge that HP back. He makes his way to the terminal.
Chandrasekhar: "Convenient that we didn't even have to interrogate him for that information."
Aleith|DM: That falling star…?
Garrett: "We -are- in a hurry, because…" He looks up.
Gerald‘ does a sweep along the wall just in case they hid some other stuff up here.
Aleith|DM: You shouldn’t have foretold it, Phyllis.
Aleith|DM: It hits the roof of the keep.
Aleith|DM rolled 6#d20+33(1) and got 7 ( Total: 40.0 ) for vs Reflex
Also rolled 6#d20+33(2) and got 17 [Total: 50.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+33(3) and got 15 [Total: 48.0 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+33(4) and got 13 [Total: 46.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+33(5) and got 2 [Total: 35.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+33(6) and got 13 [Total: 46.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 265.0, Avg: 11.17
Phyllis puts up a [Shield] if it'll at all help!
Aleith|DM: You're the only one it missed…
Aleith|DM: 100 damage to everyone but Phyllis, and 50 damage to her! You can't be reduced below 1 hit point.
Phyllis: I mean. Would you NOT put up a shield in her place?
Chandrasekhar: "-guah!"
Garrett‘ hits the deck and rolls a bit and rolls off the deck and- "Fuck-!!"
Zane gets blasted again and rolls across the roof with the explosion.
Gerald` lays on the ground for a minute after the roof collapses upon them, before pushing debris off of himself and laughing out loud. "Ahahah! They… fucking… aha-ow. They dropped a star on us and still couldn’t kill us!"
Garrett: "Okay but I would like to be hit by less of those, please and thank you-" he groans from a prone position.
Aleith|DM: As you pull yourselves free from the rubble, something feels…off about the very world around you.
Zane: "That was not… the triumphant moment of us vs them that I was hoping for."
Chandrasekhar: "Not… yet… Mr. Bieito."
Gerald‘ sits up, catches his breath again, then stands up and heads to the wall to look around while Ernst patches them back up… again.
Aleith|DM: Then rocks fall aside as a lean figure in black stands up from the rubble beside Chandrasekhar. Lean and lithe, skin pitch black, the figure has a feline face.
Garrett` pulls himself free from the rubble and looks around. At this cat man. And he surges himself???????
Ernst is gonna need at least 10 minutes for this one with the number of infusions it’ll take.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Gerald: "Wait what."
Garrett‘ does not surge himself then!
Garrett: "Oh dang."
Phyllis braces herself with [Dwarven Resilience], then speaks out: "Zane! Brush yourself off!" [Healing Word] "What do you do to evil, no matter its form?" [Make It So]
Phyllis rolled 3d6 and got 6, 2, 2 ( Total: 10 ) for Zane can spend a surge and heal the surge amount + this
[OOC] Aleith|DM: isn’t it 5d6 by now
Phyllis rolled 2d6 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 7 ) for the one thing i forgot to update in epic …
[OOC] Aleith|DM: much like Zane/Teak missed the jump of Divine Challenge damage by 3
Aleith|DM: What is Make It So doing exactly?
Aleith|DM: Oh right.
Aleith|DM: Your Healing Word fails.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 13 ( Total: 13 )
[OOC] Phyllis: Make It So]: Zane's next attack is guaranteed to hit.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
Aleith|DM: You mean a miss.
Aleith|DM: It's guaranteed to miss.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Mishap
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Phyllis: " - something's wrong."
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Well I mean that was Zane's default state so
[OOC] Garrett: so what changed
[OOC] Zane: Y O W L
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: i love you sam <3
Aleith|DM: The rahasha begins laughing.
rakasha
Ernst chews at his lip before dropping down Stocke and going downstairs…?
Aleith|DM: Stocke doesn't deploy properly.
Aleith|DM: And the stairs down don't actually exist anymore.
Aleith|DM: you're actually all on ground level now
Gerald: "Oh no."
Aleith|DM: The falling star basically destroyed the entire keep.
Phyllis: "What did you DO."
Gerald: "They got Stocke!"
Garrett: "Ah shit we're in trouble now."
Ernst considers his options before shooting him with his fucking shotgun. [RBA]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+21(1) and got 19 ( Total: 40.0 ) for THIS IS TEN LOWER TO HIT
Also rolled 2#d20+21(2) and got 14 [Total: 35.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 75.0, Avg: 16.50
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+6 and got 2, 8 ( Total: 16.0 )
Aleith|DM: But the rakasha just laughs as the shotgun pellets bounce off of his skin.
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Ernst: "Uh…?"
Chandrasekhar: "What mohya is this."
Gerald: "Zane stab that fucker with your catman stabbing weapon and if you miss hot potatoe that shit to someone else."
Garrett: "…Ernst. See if you can't mess with some of these controls."
Aleith|DM: The controls are gone. Completely.
[OOC] Garrett: wiat shit is the control deck - ok )
[OOC] Garrett: NM WHAT I SAID
Aleith|DM: It's all a bunch of rubble now.
Aleith|DM: Though the dry moat is still there around the keep…though partly filled in places.
Chandrasekhar: "Goddess…"
Zane emerges, bloody and tattered, from a pile of rubble. "Evil in all forms must be slain." He hurls himself at the raksasha, hand darting down to his belt before flinging a handful of poison at the creatures face, [insanity mist, automiss]. And then spins into a merciless, whirling strike, the Arsenal flowing into a wicked, three-headed flail. [AP -> Masterstroke. Arsenal Bonus obtained]
Zane rolled d20+32 and got 8 ( Total: 40 ) for charge, arsenal bonus
Aleith|DM: The heads of the flail connect, and when they do, the rakasha shrieks! Instead of bones smashing, he bursts, leaving behind a smoking crater and a clattering, bleached skeleton. [KO!]
Zane growls. Honest-to-god growls.
Garrett: "Haaaaaaaaaaaa… good goin'."
Gerald: "Oh that worked more efficently than I thought it would."
Phyllis: "It is the weapon's singular purpose."
Gerald‘ spends a shit ton of surges while picking up star shards.
Aleith|DM: Somehow, you get the feeling that death was final for the former deva.
Aleith|DM: Especially Garrett.
Garrett: "Really good goin’."
Gerald: "Okay so…"
Aleith|DM: Some of the soldiers begin pulling themselves from the rubble.
Gerald: "Arcana and Divine is shit out of luck, right? What about uh… Primal?"
Aleith|DM: Feel like trying one of your utilities?
Phyllis: "We actually didn't try arcane, but I would wager…"
Garrett‘ starts clearing away rubble, sensing the bodies move and shuffle, and heads over to help ’em out.
Gerald: "I can't imagine Arcane ont being the first thing fucked when magic goes haywire, yeah."
Zane goes to help Garrett.
Chandrasekhar grits his teeth. Mutters a prayer, under his breath. The world may be warped but She has not forsaken Her children, never, not in death nor in apocalypse.
Chandrasekhar proceeds to help Garrett clear the rubble and rescue whom he can.
Ernst surges himself since he doesn't have many options right now.
Aleith|DM: A bright golden glow rises on the western horizon, then fades a few moments later.
Gerald: "Can either one of you two still do your talking to buildings and making them do stuff… things? That's probably help with digging people out."
Garrett‘ gives Gerald a few mental pings- (Over to your left, 10 feet…) and psychically attempts to guide rescue efforts.
Phyllis: "And given that, I would also figure that something happened to Vona. Which is right in line with that prophecy."
Phyllis commands some rubble to get out of the way. [Pathos of the Inanimate]
Aleith|DM: You’re halfway through the recover efforts when the reinforcements start arriving twenty minutes later. Many of them stare at the levelled keep for several seconds before getting to work.
Aleith|DM: One of them gives a healing potion to one of the more injured soldiers. The soldier swallows, coughs, then writhes.
Aleith|DM: He can't seem to breath.
Zane moves immediately to provide first aid of a completely non-magical variety
Zane rolled d20+12 and got 17 ( Total: 29 )
Phyllis: "'Then the sky was dark, and when the sun should have risen, instead a pale glowing cloud floated in the dark.'"
Gerald‘ frowns to himself, attempts to teleport to see what happens.
Aleith|DM: The sky is indeed devoid of all but 4 stars, 3 of them clustered together.
Aleith|DM: The sky isn’t pitch black though, rather closer to a slate grey.
Aleith|DM: You can barely make out a large dark disk floating across the sky where the moon was.
Phyllis: Well, that kinda fits 'pale glowing'.
Aleith|DM: It's still a few hours from dawn.
Aleith|DM: Zane: It's not quite enough, you might need a bit of help from someone.
Garrett: "(shit-) No magic! No potions!" he calls out.
Aleith|DM: But it seems like the potion caused new flesh to seal his throat.
Ernst rolled d20 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
[OOC] Ernst: +20? I can't remember
[OOC] Aleith|DM: as long as it's +16 or more that's good for assisting.
Aleith|DM: It takes some minor surgery, but both of you manage to stop the soldier from suffocating.
Aleith|DM: Some of the soldiers report that the Danoran fleet-what remains of it-has begun fleeing.
Aleith|DM: It seems She Who Writhes managed to sink about 1/3 of their fleet before they retreated.
Aleith|DM: Though they didn't start pulling out until the meteor hit the keep.
Phyllis: "So … there are two problems. One at Axis Island, another at sea."
Gerald: "I don't think we're dealing with the sea problem if three of you suddenly aren't going to be doing much in a fight…"
Garrett: "I mean, we have cannons for a reason…"
Phyllis: "We don't know how far out this extends, either. It could just be local."
Ernst scratches his head. "I'd imagine any communications or teleportation is shot too. At least in this region."
Ernst: "What's the plan?"
Garrett: "The other option is to let King Aodhan duel her, but considering the ongoing circumstances…"
Garrett: "We should probably find out how Flint is doing overall first."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
Gerald: "Communications should be okay actually, that's what we developed the spark-gap transmitters for, after all."
Aleith|DM: Gerald: You end up teleporting 25 feet underground.
Gerald‘ .oO(GARRETT PRIMAL POWERS DON’T WORK EITHER HELP.)
[OOC] Zane: hahaha holy shit lol
Garrett: "-oh fuck everyone dig, Gerald's trapped underground."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis: the black disk where Av used to be is now, from what you can tell, Mojang. The planet of Craft and Artifice the Arboretum proposal would replace the Moon with.
Ernst stares at where Gerald was. "… well, shit. Anyone have a shovel?"
Garrett: "Shovels- broken boards, tables, chairs, anything! Everyone!"
Chandrasekhar starts digging. You don't need a shovel, you just need a big enough piece of ruined keep.
Ernst: "I'd make a joke about knowing raise dead, but shit isn't going to work so…" He just goes to get something to help dig.
Zane likewise starts digging.
Aleith|DM: Not that long after you get Gerald unearthed, and a bit over an hour after the star fell, the entire world rumbles with a deafening sound like an explosion from the west.
Gerald: "Boy am I glad I decided to check that NOW and not in the middle of a fight."
Phyllis tries making a pair of makeshift telescope lenses with her crystal orb and one of her ritual focuses. Or just her ritual focuses.
Ernst: "Given how loud that is from over here, I'm amazed we aren't deaf given we were at ground zero of another explosion."
Gerald‘ glances at Phyllis, then shakes his head and hands her a scope.
Garrett` gives Gerald a few pats.
Phyllis: " - thank you."
Garrett: "Okay well yes I am also glad you did this while we had a few dozen hands available to help too, haha."
Ernst: "I’d imagine you'd suffocate while we were fighting if you did, so… probably a good idea, yeah."
Gerald: "Arcana, divine and primal, right out, then."
Phyllis: "Stiiiiill just assuming for Arcane."
Gerald: "Stocke didn't activate."
Phyllis: "Aha."
Ernst: "Is anyone at all worried that the explosion was on Axis Island, though?"
Ernst: "That couldn't have been planned."
Phyllis peers up at the trinary star cluster (?) with the scope.
Garrett: "You sure about that?"
Ernst: "One hundred percent."
Chandrasekhar: "It could have been."
Garrett: "The Ob has had some -really- dumb plans."
Chandrasekhar: "Either way, we should… Goddess. If there's anything we CAN do at this point, we ought to be there."
Garrett: "If and when we get there, yeah I'm not expecting it to look the same- but I highly doubt that things are going to start falling in our favor."
Ernst: "Nico was planning on completing the ritual there. If someone dropped a meteor on THEM, I can only begin to speculate what happened."
Phyllis: "Prince. It's your kingdom's territory at stake. Do we actually care about She Who Writhes at this particular point in time?"
Aleith|DM: Taking a look through the telescope, it seems Apet and its ring have been replaced by a dense pocket of air, with a ring of fire around it, and a barely visible moon orbiting around the planet.
Gerald: "About half of us can still fight at normal powers still at least. You any good with swordwork without your Goddess' back, Chandra? I got spare guns and parts if not."
Garrett: "In a territorial sense, yes- the last thing we need now is for there to be some sort of dispute over Risurian passage across the seas when that's exactly where we need to go."
Ernst: "Unless I've missed something obvious…? An explosion happening at ground zero of Ob master plan venue is not something anyone expected…?"
Zane: "I do. You can make all the speeches you want about greater causes… But we have a duty to Risur, Phyllis. Thats what this badge we carry is *about*."
Phyllis: "That's what I asked."
Garrett: "One way or another we need to deal with her."
Phyllis: "That wasn't a greater cause sort of question, that was me actually not sure what his priorities were and asking what our orders were."
Aleith|DM: The new plane of Space has been replaced by Fourmyle, with an Empowerment trait, and was the plane of Space in both of the Collossus and Panarchist proposals.
Zane: "Mm, my apologies then."
Garrett‘ grins. "You should really have more faith in me."
Aleith|DM: The ring of fire is Illocus, which was part of the binary planet system Miller’s Pyre was planning, with the expression trait.
Aleith|DM: And you're pretty sure that 'ghost' moon is one of the possible planets that were talked about for enabling flight, Baden.
Chandrasekhar: "Fewer tricks, but it doesn't take Her guidance to swing a blade…"
Garrett‘ turns to the remaining Risurian soldiers. "Anyway, for those who were stationed here- we need locations of any spark-gap transmitter on the island, working or broken or decommissioned or anything."
Aleith|DM: You’re not exactly sure how they got a third plane in that cluster, though.
Aleith|DM: There's one not too far away in the fortress.
Garrett‘ heads to the fortress! "Delft, you can manage this crew, right…?"
Phyllis tucks the scope away. "Their design for the heavens seems to be a syncretism of their previous proposals."
Gerald: "A what?"
Ernst: "Were we going to dive head first into things by the way…? I feel like given the state of things I may be more useful trying to figure out how magic works now."
Phyllis: "A combination."
Garrett: "That’s a 5-gold word for sure."
Gerald: "Aha."
Ernst: "I can't do much of anything on the field at the moment."
Garrett: "Can you discern the effects?"
Gerald: "Actually yeah we should probably check if magic still works OUTSIDE of the radius of the starfall, Phyllis is right it might just be a localized effect."
Garrett: "Sure you can- with machines as something still relatively reliable, you can get them up and working far faster than the most of us."
Chandrasekhar: "First question to answer, are things still scrambled far away from a meteor impact."
Garrett: "Headin' to the fortress, sending out a few transmissions, let's talk and walk.'
Phyllis: "The short version: I think we'll be able to acclimate, even here, given time."
Ernst: "Even if it doesn't, I'm not sure it flat out doesn't work? With the planes altered we may just have to… relearn how to do everything?"
Phyllis nods at Ernst.
Ernst: "But that still will take a bit of time and until I can do that I'm going to be dead weight."
Gerald: "That's why I created shotguns with ammo clips."
Phyllis: "Items should be fine. I suspect that Mojang's influence."
Zane puls a dagger from… somewhere, whirls, and throws it into a wooden post. "OK, that still works. I'm good."
Aleith|DM: The last star you can see seems to have replaced Mashiva. The replacement planet is Ostea, a bloody planet of Water. The Panarchists were going to use it originally as the plane of life.
Phyllis pulls out the scope again and peers up, seeing what else she can dsicern.
Phyllis: "And as for the explosion and it potentially happening on Axis Island - they made Borne expressly to haul seals around. The scale, at least, matches."
Chandrasekhar: "Tch…"
Ernst: "It definitely happened on Axis Island. And I don't think it's something either Stanfield or Nico were expecting giving Stanfields dying speech."
[OOC] Ernst: *given
Zane: "Yeah, well. He was out of luck anyway."
Phyllis: "Apet, Mavisha, Av, Jiese - gone and replaced. I think."
Chandrasekhar: "Goddess, I'd hate to be a Skyseer."
Phyllis looks where Urim is supposed to be.
Gerald: "The last prominate one already killed himself yeah…"
Zane: "Yeah, you'd look funny in a robe instead of all that armor."
Aleith|DM: You're not sure, but you don't think it's visible at night during this time of year.
Aleith|DM: Nor Jiese or Avilona.
Phyllis: Well, there's another way to test that theory. "Anyone have a basic gold ring? Nothing fancy."
Garrett‘ thinks really hard about flying, just lifting up off the ground and flying. [Flight]
Aleith|DM: …nothing happens.
Ernst tries to activate his winged boots…?
Aleith|DM: Are they daily…?
Phyllis: "Maybe mage cuffs, but I’d rather not resort to that."
[OOC] Ernst: I got another item refresh.
[OOC] Ernst: From that fight so…
Gerald‘ pulls one out of a pocket and tosses it to Phyllis.
[OOC] Ernst: Yes they’re daily
Aleith|DM: Okay. You concentrate extra hard on the item refresh and they work. Normally, even.
Phyllis hands it to Chandra. "Wear this. Try to teleport."
Chandrasekhar: "…you want to have to spend another hour digging someone out of the ground?"
Ernst floats up a few feet in the air before scrunching up his face. "Yeah. This is going to take a bit of experimentation."
Garrett‘ stops for a second, slightly focusing on whether or not Chandrasekhar is going to end up in the ground.
Ernst: "At the very least flight seems to still work."
Garrett: "See if you can stay up there longer than five minutes."
Phyllis: "You’re more … naturally gifted at it than Gerald or myself."
Chandrasekhar: "…mmm. Keep the shovels handy."
Chandrasekhar jams the ring on and tries teleporting. Carefully.
Aleith|DM: It works fine.
poof* You're over there.
Gerald: "Hmm."
Chandrasekhar: "That answers several questions at once. Fascinating."
Gerald: "Your garotte just got a lot less cool all the sudden, Zane."
Aleith|DM: Any particular message you want to send to the mainland?
Aleith|DM: With the spark-gap transmitter.
Ernst touches down on the ground before shaking his head. "Just as a heads up, I'll need to tinker with any magic items you have. They aren't going to function normally but it's an easy fix."
Phyllis: "And that likely means Urim is out, too. Probably all of the old guard."
[OOC] Garrett: Mostly just status updates from anyone who picks up, location of the king, military status, any remaining hostiles
Zane: "Thats OK. The gold was really just a bonus. It'll still work fine for its traditional task."
Aleith|DM: The King and Harkover are at RHC headquarters for now, coordinating with the cleanup now that Danor seems to be all pulling out.
Garrett: "I'd lament this but honestly our track record with confining the Ob in cells is…"
Ernst: "Also to go on record Garrett, flight is permanent now."
Gerald: "D'ya think I'm going to need to fiddle with the blaster, Ernst?"
Garrett‘ snorts. "Gods, that’s amazing."
Aleith|DM: Might be best to take a good look at it.
Garrett: "Also slightly terrifying at everything we'll have to consider going forward, but that's tomorrow."
Gerald‘ starts fucking with it as they walk.
Zane: "Wait what, Ernst? You mean people can just… fly?"
Ernst shrugs. "If you got anyone else to fiddle with things I’d imagine it'd take multiple hours per magic item, but I should be able to fix things up in a minute tops."
Zane: "Or is it your boots just not wearing off?"
Ernst: "Before the planes prevented people from flying for more than 5 minutes. That limitation no longer exists in this world."
Aleith|DM: His boots still deactivate after 5 minutes.
Phyllis: "The latter. I wonder if interplanar travel is similarly no longer limited."
Phyllis: "Given that may have been a property of Apet…"
Gerald: "Yeah I think I know my gun a lil better than you do, but I am definitely on board with you fixing my amulet and junk, yes."
Phyllis: "… which is no longer in this system."
Zane: "Oh. OK then."
Ernst: "That said, my boots are designed to only function for a short time but it should be possible to make boots that flat out fly forever now."
Ernst: "I'm going to work on that when I have some time." (Speed 8 flying property boots here I come)
Gerald: "Hahah."
Gerald: "Nico made us a better world by taking away our protection from an army of brainpyres."
Gerald: "I feel so much safer now."
Aleith|DM: You also feel something at the back of your mind urging you to act a bit more rationally…but you can easily shake it off. The soldiers around you seem to be a bit more trusting.
Phyllis: "Chandra. What of the Dreaming? Of the Bleak Gate?"
Gerald‘ always acts rationally anyway!
Garrett` rubs his face. "Well. We should get back to HQ, give them an update, and then we’re likely taking either the Roscommon or Coaltongue out towards Axis Island, likely also dealing with She Who Writhes along the way. We might have a bit for everyone to coordinate with other tech and magic specialists, to test our new limits before heading out."
Chandrasekhar half-turns to face Phyllis and- even with the mask on, his shoulders are slumped. "Nothing I know for certain. But with Av no longer the moon…?"
Zane: "I'll be honest, if we have to deal with She Who Writhes, I want the biggest guns possible. I love the Roscommon, but she's not built for fighting a fey titan."
Gerald: "Agreed."
Garrett: "It'd be nice if the Coaltongue still works as she was."
Garrett: "But we'll have to see to it first."
Garrett: "I also agree, haha."
Aleith|DM: As you make your way to RHC HQ, Ernst fixes all of your magic items during the submarine and subsequent carriage ride.
Aleith|DM: When the sun should rise, instead the world is greeted only by a patch of the cloudy sky somewhat less dark.
Aleith|DM: The haze seems to churn ever so slowly, like two gears—immeasurably titanic to be visible at this cosmic distance—grinding between their teeth the heavens themselves.
Aleith|DM: The new age of reason has dawned.
Phyllis: "I'm going to keep in mind how to … fix all this." She waves a hand at 'this.' The sky. Whatever.
Gerald: "So uh…"
Zane: "I wonder if this means Nicodemus… can't hop bodies anymore."
Gerald: "I like the night life as much as anyone else except maybe Garrett…"
Gerald: "But isn't the sun kind of important…?"
Zane: "Yeah."
Garrett: "It's beautiful, if nothing else. And to lose such a beauty ushers in a new age of… something."
Aleith|DM: Well, it does cast about the same amount of light as the full moon… But that does mean it's constantly dim lighting everywhere.
Phyllis: "Is Nicodemus subject to the rules of the planes? He seemed more similar to Sijhen, that extraplanar interloper."
Gerald: "I mean, we killed the brainpyre too."
Gerald: "So."
Chandrasekhar cannot, categorically cannot, look at the sky without shuddering.
Aleith|DM: You and Delft meet up with the King and Harkover at RHC HQ shortly afterwards.
Phyllis: "Either way, yes. The sun being replaced with … this - " what's it called, anyway? The pale cloud shaped like gears? " - is why our abilities are off-kilter, mine in particular."
Aleith|DM: You could call it the Gyre.
Aodhan: "I'm glad to see you're all safe. I heard that one of the falling stars hit the keep?"
Gerald: "Yeah not gunna lie, that kind of hurt."
Zane runs a hand over his head. "Well, I only barely dabbled in magic. So I'm OK with being the van until we get things straightened out." He gives Phyllis' shoulder a squeeze.
Chandrasekhar: "I'd say we're none the worse for wear, but…"
Garrett: "You should see the other guy. And the keep. Because they're both gone now."
Gerald: "Stanfield's dead for good though."
Gerald: "Lya too."
Harkover: "That's good to hear. They were significant members of the Obscurati."
Gerald: "Which I guess means the wedding is offically off. Heh."
Phyllis: "Lya, we don't know. She could still come back as a ghost. Stanfield's reincarnation cycle is broken, at least."
Chandrasekhar: "Something's happened at Axis Island. It's either gone horribly right or horribly wrong for Nicodemus. Stanfield's entire act here was a distraction."
Harkover: "I doubt it was a distraction, per se, but not their main intent."
Zane: "Either way, we'll have to go deal with it."
Aodhan: "And whatever happened, we've got quite the mess on our hands. Even my Principal Minister's magic have failed him."
Gerald: "They uh…"
Gerald: "Did the ritual with the swapping out planets and stuff."
Phyllis: "If we retain control of Risur, we deny them a strategic foothold. If we stopped them at Axis Island this time, they'd likely be able to attack us on both fronts."
Gerald: "Not sure HOW they did it without borne but it's hard to argue with the results…"
Aleith|DM: A soldier runs in. "Your majesty! We've had reports of people rioting in the streets about the missing sun. Several fires have started around the city, sir!"
Garrett‘ rubs his eyes, than puts his face in his hands, and you hear him say, "How’s the city?" But you get the idea he's not talking to any of you.
Ernst rubs his forehead.
Garrett: "Ah, perfect, my answer."
Phyllis nods at Gerald. "All nine stars that we knew are gone and replaced with other stars."
Chandrasekhar: "…people will be quicker to trust. Quicker to see reason. We can use that to our advantage."
Garrett‘ turns to leave. "Keep doing the info-exchanging thing, I’ll be in the neighborhood." He turns to the soldier. "Take me to where the most have gathered."
Zane nods at the others and falls in behind Garrett, one pace behind and to the right.
Phyllis: "Thus changing the properties of the material plane. For instance, now that I assume Urim is gone, gold no longer blocks teleportation."
Phyllis looks at Delft. "We … may want to look into alternate modes of imprisonment."
Delft: "Great. That's juuuuust great. Eladrin and mages are even more slippery now."
Delft: "At least we should be able to get the mage cuffs working again soon, it sounds like."
Phyllis: "The sun's absence is likely why Harkover's abilities failed, as have my own. At least for the time being. A few days' experimentation, and we can figure it out again."
Aleith|DM: A voice speaks from across the hall. "I don't think you'll have to worry about Eladrin, actually…"
Aleith|DM: Gale, Asrabey, and a halfling walk into the HQ.
[OOC] Garrett: the beginning to a great joke, I hope
Gerald: "Just build thicker cells walls." Gerald nods to Delft, before giving a wave to Asrabey.
Phyllis nods. "Items seem fine and more quick to get back into working order. I can … write a report."
Phyllis: "But you get the gist. A lot's different now."
[OOC] Zane: two eladrin walk into a bar. the halfling didnt even need to duck.
Gerald: "Why, what happened?
Aleith|DM: Gale speaks up again. "We checked, and it doesn't seem possible to travel to the Dreaming now. Consequently, our ability to teleport doesn't seem to work either."
Phyllis: "Which dovetails nicely into why items seem fine - Av seems to be replaced with Mojang, a star of craft and artifice."
Aleith|DM: She introduces the halfling. "This is Fippery Leafbrowner. You may have heard of him, Mr. Woodson, since he's also in your field as a spirit medium. Or is it Duke Woodson now?"
Garrett‘ half-smiles. "Phyllis has been fond of ’prince,' but either way…"
Phyllis: "Heir apparent, at least."
Gale: "Prince?" She raises an eyebrow. "I only heard about the dukedoms from Asrabey." She glances at him sideways.
Chandrasekhar lets out a slow, soft breath. "…I don't know where moons go when they vanish, but we'll find it. Somehow."
Gerald: "He wasn't around for that part I don't think."
Asrabey shrugs. "I found it more interesting for what happened to all six of them than to just the one."
Zane peels away from Garrett to give Chandrasekhar a hug. "We'll get you home, brother."
Gale: "Anyway, come, Fippery has something 'interesting' to show you. There's a dead soldier nearby…"
Gerald‘ opens his mouth, decides it’s not the time, closes mouth and follows the halfling instead.
Aleith|DM: After leading you to the nearby body, Gale hands Fippery a handful of coins, and while he calls out elaborately for the spirit of the departed, she produces a mirror.
Garrett‘ does a quick inhalation of annoyed breath but he brushes it off quickly. "I suppose I should know if the dead are also walking among us now."
Aleith|DM: In the reflection, the spirits of the dead are reflected. Also, she and Asrabey (and Chandrasekhar) can slightly affect the spirit’s reflection by moving their arms through the air where it would be if it were visible.
Asrabey: "I feel cut off from the Dreaming, but connected to somewhere else now…"
Chandrasekhar hugs Zane back. (He's more shaken than he's letting himself show. But he will survive this, his people will survive this. No matter -what- Nicodemus takes from them, they will survive…)
Chandrasekhar: "…what in the world?"
Chandrasekhar: "…or, I suppose, what outside of it?"
Garrett: "That's… interesting."
Chandrasekhar: "…I'll have to meditate on this. The implications…"
Garrett‘ shakes his head. "Thank you for bringing this to my attention."
Gerald: "Weird."
Garrett: "For now, though, I must see to Flint’s survival."
Zane nudges Garrett. "We should probab- yeah. That."
Gerald: "That seems way less useful generally, but on the other hand, haha Nico made it easier for you to kill him looks like… so there's that, I guess, Chandra."
Phyllis: "There's probably another star that doesn't show in the sky this time of year. Or some property of the ones I saw -"
Aleith|DM: Asrabey excuses himself as well. "I'm only useful in battle. I'll return when my sword is needed again."
Aleith|DM: Another star has risen on the horizon, Phyllis.
Phyllis: Oh?
Aleith|DM: Care to take a look?
Phyllis: Do you need to ask?
Aleith|DM: Checking a skyseer schedule you had on your desk, the plane of Fire would have risen now…and pointing the scope at it, you see the same one as before. Jiese.
Aleith|DM: However, you also notice that Nem should also be visible now, near where the sun was-and now where the Gyre is. Looking carefully for it, you spot…Av?
Aleith|DM: It's going to be a few hours before the planets of Air and Earth wheel into view.
Aleith|DM: Fippery starts to follow Asrabey, but the eladrin turns to glower at him and the halfling runs off.
Phyllis exhales and stows the scope again, then stares at the ceiling, eyes boggling. "Well. Av is still around."
Phyllis: "Just … where Nem used to be."
Phyllis waves a hand. "Which may explain the whole mirror thing with you two."
Chandrasekhar: "I… what? Why would- what are the implications of- hmm."
Phyllis: "Anyway, let's go fix this mess."
Gale: "Let me know if there's anything you want me to help with, constables. And Your Majesty, of course. We all need to band together now."
Chandrasekhar goes quiet and thoughtful, suddenly.
Gerald: "Keep an eye on cauldrenhill for us, there's always stupid ass shit happening there, and who the fuck knows what this realignment will do to it."
Aleith|DM: …there's stormclouds gathering above it.
Aleith|DM: And just the hill.
Gerald: "Yeah, exactly like that. Dumb shit happening already."
Gale: "Alright. I'll go take a look."
Phyllis: "Well, it had a strong connection to the Bleak Gate. Except WHO KNOW where that's at now?!"
Aodhan: "Alright, constables. We've got another problem. Now that Flint's governor has been executed for treason…do you have any suggestions for a replacement?"
Gerald: "Hmm."
Gerald: "I want to say Rock but I think that's definitely the star falling on my head talking and not sensible."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: he was also in the Dreaming last you knew…
Phyllis: "May I put my own name in for consideration, or am I needed elsewhere in a more immediate sense?"
Zane: "Heward Sechim or Thames Grimsley, if you want locals I don't expect to need to murder."
Gerald: "Uh, I don't know. If there anyone we know that isn't a fucking idiot or an asshole that seems like they'd do a good job? This might be a good time to get the dockers more on board with things if we pick someone they're keen on…"
Gerald: "Phyllis you are going to be WAY too busy exterminating the Ob with us to run a city."
Phyllis: "Not Heward, I'm sorry. I fear he was part of the conspiracy, as admirable as he was."
Phyllis: "And that's what I figured, Gerald. But I'll second Grimsley, at least."
Aodhan: "I was thinking of Captain Dale, myself. With a probable war on the horizon, I figure he's a safe choice."
Aodhan: "You can take a few days to decide. With me here, at least people have someone to report to for now."
Aleith|DM: A couple of hours later, Phyllis spots the last two planets on the horizon.
Aleith|DM: Urim seems to have been replaced by Ratios, a plane with a Logic aspect. It looks like bland and static rock.
Aleith|DM: The plane of Air now has a heavy Speech aspect as Perlocus.
Aleith|DM: You level up to 23.
Aleith|DM: Funds from Risur start pouring in to fund the war effort, and your stipend each increaces by 800,000 gp.
Aleith|DM: Your Prestige with Risur and Flint both increase by 1.
Aleith|DM: End of The Grand Design.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License