Zg Session 94

Lya: "You're loyal and decent. I respect that. But a new age of reason is upon us. Your time is past."
Gerald: "Oh my fucking Gods you're even more boring than Nico, we're done not shooting each other."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 44:Ernst | 40:Zane | 37:Steam Walker A | 36:Garrett | 36:Phyllis | 34:Rush Munchausen | 32:Lya Jierre | 27:Chandrasekhar | 24:Draconic Golem | 23:Gerald | 23:Steam Walker B |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst fires off a [GMW] at the Golem before moving back and giving Gerald a [Lightning Sigil - +10 dmg for fight, can choose to expend on hit to daze]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 13 ( Total: 47.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 20 [Total: 54.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 101.0, Avg: 16.50
Ernst rolled 4d8+19 and got 2, 6, 4, 2 ( Total: 33.0 ) for +9 to hit, +5 dmg, brutal 1 to everyone.
Aleith|DM: Crit!
[OOC] Ernst: Oh uhh… max damage then
[OOC] Ernst: I don't get crit dice
Yamobot: Aleith|DM rolled 4*8+19 -> {51}
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 51!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Phyllis: "What if I told you I agreed?"
Phyllis: "We only differ in what the new age should be."
Gerald: "She's already proved time and time again that she's too fucking stupid to listen to reason and now it's time for her to clock out of the living realm."
Gerald: "We've given her chances. Multiple chances."
Zane: "You know, originally I wanted this to be a duel, Jierre vs Dyer students." The faint metallic clink. "But I don't think I have time for that right now. Sorry." And he rolls the grenade right under the dragon golem's feet toward Lya and Rush.
Zane rolled d20+0 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for save
Zane rolled 5#d20+38(1) and got 14 ( Total: 52.0 ) for Lya, Rush, Golem, Walker A/B
Also rolled 5#d20+38(2) and got 14 [Total: 52.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+38(3) and got 6 [Total: 44.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+38(4) and got 14 [Total: 52.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+38(5) and got 6 [Total: 44.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 244.0, Avg: 10.80
Aleith|DM: No 1s. All hits!
[OOC] Zane: hey Aleith guess what applies to all one-handed weapons… :D
[OOC] Aleith|DM: …wait wait. No seriously, game, why D:
Zane rolled 6d6r1+16 and got 6, 2, 5, 3, 2, 6 ( Total: 40.0 )
Also rolled 3d8r1 and got 6, (1, 7), 4 [Total: 17 (High), Avg: 5.67]
Total: 57.0, Avg: 4.56
Lya: "That difference is enough for now. Risur must fall in li-" *BOOM*
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 57! * 5!
Garrett: "That's a spicy meatball."
Zane jukes up and around the corner, blades weaving.
Chandrasekhar: "According to whom? The most powerful? Let us prove that here, then."
Aleith|DM rolled 2d20 and got 2, 19 ( Total: 21 )
Zane shifts the Arsenal into a wicked, sleek katar.
Aleith|DM: Normal weapons have trouble striking anything vulnerable, but the blast carries through cracks in Steam Walker B’s carapace, and you hear a yelp of pain from inside. [Speed reduced by 2]
Aleith|DM: A cover on Steam Walker A's other arm opens, revealing a massive, double-barreled shotgun that it aims at Zane. [Heavy Shotgun]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 11 ( Total: 37.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 10 [Total: 36.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 73.0, Avg: 10.50
Aleith|DM rolled 4d10+10 and got 6, 4, 3, 7 ( Total: 30.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting Zane for 30 damage! The steam walker refreshes the psychic Arcane Shield.
Aleith|DM: Garrett! Phyllis!
Zane bounces off the wall behind him with a bloody hand to his gut. "Nice. But it won't save you."
Phyllis: "And Gerald wants to snuff her out immediately, and I want to settle this with words, claiming the moral victory. I'll leave it at this: have a premature taste of your age of reason, having been reduced to a master's expendable tools." [Mass Charm]
Phyllis: Lya makes a basic melee attack roll against her bodyguard. The other 4 make MBAs against her.
Phyllis: There's no roll, this just happens.
Phyllis: And I don't even have to Make It So. (You know, the kind with the brackets.)
Aleith|DM rolled d20+28 and got 6 ( Total: 34 )
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+19,50% and got 2, 4, 3, 1 ( Total: 14.5 )
Aleith|DM: Rush manages to dodge, mostly, but it still grazes him for 14!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 2 ( Total: 29 )
Chandrasekhar gives Phyllis a long, searching look.
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+26(1) and got 3 ( Total: 29.0 ) for Golem, Steam Walkers
Also rolled 3#d20+26(2) and got 5 [Total: 31.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+26(3) and got 20 [Total: 46.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 106.0, Avg: 9.33
Aleith|DM rolled 2d12+20 and got 10, 6 ( Total: 36.0 )
Aleith|DM: Rush misses with his immovable rod, as does the draconic golem's [Witchoil Headbutt], but one of the Steam Walkers manages to catch her with it's [Chain Sword] for [36!]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: wait that was a crit
[OOC] Aleith|DM: +4 damage
Garrett‘ moves toward the draconic golem before disappearing in a flash [Move] [Minor - Tumbling Strike] and reappearing behind Lya!
Garrett` also turns off his Frost for now. [Free Action]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+39 and got 6 ( Total: 45 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 3d4r1+20: 3, 4, (1, 3) [Total: 30.0 (High), Avg and got 3.33
Also rolled 5d8 and got 5, 1, 4, 2, 4 [Total: 16 (Low), Avg: 3.20]
Total: 46.0, Avg: 3.25
Garrett` keeps up the pressure…. [Standard Action - Circling Predator]
[OOC] Garrett: +5 damage to that due to GMW whoops
Garrett` rolled 1d20+39 and got 18 ( Total: 57 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d20+39 and got 16 ( Total: 55 ) for vs AC
When you strike Lya, her eyes flare with fire, and you are immolated by the infernal
Aleith|DM: power of the tiefling. [Infernal Wrath of the Jierre Bloodline]
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+10 and got 2, 6 ( Total: 18.0 )
Aleith|DM: 18 fire damage and ongoing 20 fire damage (SE) to Garrett!
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+25 and got 3 ( Total: 28.0 ) for hit #1
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+25 and got 4 ( Total: 29.0 ) for hit #2
[No Action - Slip From The Grasp] [Make a save against an effect that can be saved against]
Garrett` rolled 1d20 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 28! 29! Bloodied!
Garrett` doesn’t stop! [AP]
[Martial Mastery - Refreshes Circling Predator]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+39 and got 2 ( Total: 41 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d20+39 and got 16 ( Total: 55 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+25 and got 4 ( Total: 29.0 ) for hit #1
Also rolled 5d8 and got 4, 8, 3, 3, 3 [Total: 21 (Low), Avg: 4.20]
Total: 50.0, Avg: 4.17
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+25 and got 4 ( Total: 29.0 ) for hit #2
[OOC] Garrett: ok EoT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 55! 29!
[OOC] Phyllis: remember to save again
Garrett` rolled 1d20 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
Rush flies up, dropping amongst the rest of you before unleashing a barrage of Rods and Kicks. [Close Burst 2]
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+27(1) and got 2 ( Total: 29.0 )
Also rolled 3#d20+27(2) and got 13 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+27(3) and got 17 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 113.0, Avg: 10.67
Aleith|DM rolled d12+16 and got 12 ( Total: 28.0 )
Aleith|DM: 28 damage to Gerald and Phyllis!
Gerald` archs his gun up and shoots at Rush’s foot before it can connect with himself.
Gerald‘ rolled 2d20 and got 11, 12 ( Total: 23 )
Gerald` rolled 4d8r1+35 and got 8, 4, 8, 3 ( Total: 58.0 ) for and I’m not hit
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 58! Bloodied!
[OOC] Phyllis: an i still? or is that just your own thing
Aleith|DM: It's only against one attack
one attack roll
[OOC] Gerald: sadly only effects one roll yeah :(
Gerald: "Last chance to defect, buddy."
Garrett: "Unless you really want to join the Ghost Council… in the double-afterlife."
Beside Lya floats a strange carbine built around a glass lantern. She glances at it, and flames of different colors burn within for a moment before it unleashes an arcane bolt of lightning at Phyllis. [Dancing Lantern Blaster]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+28 and got 13 ( Total: 41 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+15 and got 2, 4 ( Total: 21.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 21 lightning damage!
Ernst snaps his fingers, reducing that damage by 9 and giving Phyllis 14 THP after. [Energy Conversion]
Aleith|DM: She then follows up with an impossibly-sharp slash at Garrett that seems to leave a gash in the world itself. [Reality Wound]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+28 and got 9 ( Total: 37 )
Garrett‘ bobs and weaves!
Aleith|DM: And follows up with a series of probing slashes at Garrett. [Exceptional Duelist w/ Whirlwind Withdraw, AP]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+28 and got 11 ( Total: 39 )
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+19,50% and got 7, 5, 1, 6 ( Total: 19.0 )
Aleith|DM: She grazes him for 19 damage and moves to the side! [Shift 2]
Gerald: "Hahaha."
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Gerald: "Make it even easier, alright."
Phyllis shrugs. "I think Gerald’s right."
Garrett: "Thanks, now I don't have to dodge the push beam."
Chandrasekhar teleports into the middle of everything, ignoring Rush for the moment, challenges walkers, golem, and Lya [Call of Challenge], then emits a [Corona of Blinding Radiance]!
Chandrasekhar rolled 3#d20+26(1) and got 2 ( Total: 28 ) for vs. ref 28, 33, 33
Also rolled 3#d20+26(2) and got 2 [Total: 28]
Also rolled 3#d20+26(3) and got 2 [Total: 28]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 84
[OOC] Aleith|DM: +9 to hit, +5 to damage
[OOC] Zane: … wow Sugar. Wow.
Aleith|DM: All hits!
[OOC] Garrett: that is impressive
[OOC] Zane: +9 from GMW thankfully. But still. Wow.
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+11 and got 5, 7, 4 ( Total: 27 ) for radiant damage, target blind, save ends
Gerald: "…I don't even need to use this."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 32! * 3!
Zane: "But you will anyway."
Aleith|DM rolled 2d20 and got 8, 1 ( Total: 9 )
Gerald: "Fuck no now I'm going to save it for her inevitable, twice as stupid ghost."
Aleith|DM: Steam Walker A loses 2 speed! Walker B is dazed!
Garrett: "Ok but I don't want to be another 6 seconds in a world that still has a living Lya in it."
Garrett: "So, y'know, do what'cha gotta do to make that happen."
Gerald: "Almost done charging."
Aleith|DM: The draconic tears into Chandrasekhar! [Attack Routine x2 (AP), Witchoil Headbut + Pouncing Claw]
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+21(1) and got 5 ( Total: 26.0 ) for -5 blind
Also rolled 4#d20+21(2) and got 3 [Total: 24.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+21(3) and got 2 [Total: 23.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+21(4) and got 6 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 100.0, Avg: 4.00
Aleith|DM: And Chandra manages to parry, dodge, and block all of them.
Chandrasekhar laughs maniacally!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ marks Rush and the Steam Dragon as his [Quarry], [Shift]s behind Phyllis, "Anyway you’re going to want to duck," Then thrust his blaster out past her head, laying a [Pounding Barrage] into the Steam Dragon, before all the lights on the blaster go off, and with a horrible whirring noise, a beam of light slams through Rush, the Steam Dragon, Walker A, and Lya. [AP -> Pounding Barrage]
Gerald‘ rolled 6d20 and got 17, 4, 17, 6, 5, 3 ( Total: 52 )
Gerald` rolled 4#6d20(1) and got 13, 15, 18, 9, 15, 20 ( Total: 90 )
Also rolled 4#6d20(2) and got 7, 18, 12, 12, 15, 3 [Total: 67]
Also rolled 4#6d20(3) and got 18, 2, 4, 2, 4, 19 [Total: 49]
Also rolled 4#6d20(4) and got 15, 10, 8, 10, 14, 7 [Total: 64]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 270
Aleith|DM: 3 saving throws please
Gerald` rolled 3d20 and got 10, 4, 18 ( Total: 32 )
[OOC] Gerald: what for I’m not using rockets, that's the AP thing from my paragon class
Phyllis scoots back, her face devoid of surprise or emotion.
Aleith|DM: the second hit is against Garrett instead of Lya as she ducks and pulls Garrett in the way instead! [Perfected Counterswarm Stance]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: unless the first shot takes her out
Gerald‘ rolled 3#5d8+35(1) and got 6, 1, 1, 8, 2 ( Total: 53.0 ) for 24 to the walker from this as well…
Also rolled 3#5d8+35(2) and got 4, 4, 6, 2, 2 [Total: 53.0 (Low), Avg: 3.60]
Also rolled 3#5d8+35(3) and got 8, 8, 3, 3, 8 [Total: 65.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 3d8+24 and got 6, 8, 2 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg: 5.33]
Total: 211.0, Avg: 4.56
Gerald` rolled 3#5d8+43(1) and got 1, 2, 6, 1, 3 ( Total: 56 ) for second attack to all four,
Also rolled 3#5d8+43(2) and got 1, 5, 1, 2, 6 [Total: 58]
Also rolled 3#5d8+43(3) and got 8, 5, 4, 3, 4 [Total: 67]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 181
Gerald` rolled 3d8 and got 2, 8, 7 ( Total: 17 ) for second quarry to the dragon as well…
[OOC] Gerald: not that it really matters
[OOC] Gerald: not boring with figuring out one of those hits critting the dragon ((
Aleith|DM: Garrett takes 58 damage as Lya manages to dodge the 2nd laser but not the 3rd.
Gerald: "That was her not me you were totally clear of the line of fire!"
Aleith|DM: The golem and Steam Walker A both collapse. Lya falls the to ground with a couple of large smoking holes in her.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO! * 3!
Garrett: "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah fuck!"
[OOC] Gerald: pretty sure rush should be down too
Garrett` coughs up some blood but gives a thumbs up through the sparking wreckage, and also over Lya’s body.
Garrett: "'s good!- *cough cough*"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: wait Rush was in that too???
Zane: "'Constable Cooper negligently discharged his ewapon into the group of hostiles, one round striking Prince Woodson in the stomach…'"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: what was the line exactly
[OOC] Gerald: my bad forgot to shift my pop on the map
[OOC] Gerald: I shifted so I could get him in the beam though >_>
Garrett: "That's a muffin'in- at least a baker's dozen-"
Aleith|DM: And Rush goes down as well with 3 shots…
Gerald: "Man you SAW her throw him in front of that!"
Zane: "Yeah, I'm just busting your chops. Slightly jealous."
Aleith|DM: Steam Walker B slashes at Chandrasekhar with its Chain Sword!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 11 ( Total: 32 ) for blind
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 44:Ernst | 40:Zane | 36:Garrett | 36:Phyllis | 27:Chandrasekhar | 23:Gerald | 23:Steam Walker B |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst makes his way forward before firing a [Magic Weapon - Minor] and then a [Siphon Fate] at the Steamwalker and Lya.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 18 ( Total: 49.0 ) for Magic Weapon
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 12 [Total: 43.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 92.0, Avg: 15.00
Ernst rolled 4d8+16 and got 4, 3, 7, 6 ( Total: 36.0 ) for Zane gets +5 to hit, dmg and brutal 1, the enemy gets -1 AC
Ernst rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 13 ( Total: 42.0 ) for Siphon fate
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 13 [Total: 42.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 84.0, Avg: 13.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 36!] Hits!
Phyllis: "It's only proper that your death should be at the hands of who was once a common man with humble beginnings."
Ernst rolled 3d8+16 and got 2, 5, 4 ( Total: 27.0 ) for Enemy gets -2 to all attack rolls, Chandra gets +3 to all defenses and +6 to hit.
Ernst then tosses Garrett a heal for [Healing Surge + 17 real HP]
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Chandrasekhar: "If we must prove ourselves the most powerful in order for Risur to govern its own fate, then we will do so. Over, and over again."
Zane snaps the Arsenal into a deadly trident and sprints at the steam walker, ending in a long lunge that takes the spear-points just past Chandrasekhar's arm and deep into the mechanical suit. [Charge]
Zane rolled d20+36 and got 1 ( Total: 37 )
[OOC] Zane: HAH!
Phyllis: "Turns out the gods do have eyes for chattel."
Aleith|DM: You trip over a part fallen from the golem, causing you to miss.
Zane: "Gods damned dragons! Even mechanical ones!"
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Aleith|DM: 20 fire damage
Garrett‘ clicks his dagger back on [free action] and moves in to strike. [Clever Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+32 and got 14 ( Total: 46 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 4r1 in 2d4r1+26
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Garrett` rolled 2d4r1+26: (1, 3), (1, 2) [Total: 31.0 (Avg), Avg and got 2.50
Also rolled 5d8 and got 7, 6, 8, 2, 1 [Total: 24 (High), Avg: 4.80]
Total: 55.0, Avg: 4.14
Garrett` surges some health back.// "Drawn and quartered, ashes scattered at the crossroads."
Phyllis steps over and bends down to inspect the lantern she used.
Ernst patches up Garrett and Phyllis one more time to full. Zane can just surge that missing HP back.
Aleith|DM: As you take a quick breather, you find courtyard and interior buildings of the fortress seemingly abandoned, except for the central keep.
Zane does exactly that.
Aleith|DM: A second, smaller dome covers the roof of the keep. Translucent, it reveals several pillar-like structures of some sort, emitting beams of differently-colored light that generally converge on a taller structure that resembles a lighthouse. Every few moments the beams angle away from the lighthouse, change colors, then swing back. Each time they do, another star falls out of the night sky.
Gerald` climbs up to a roof of a building, getting a better look at their surroundings.
Zane: "What the hells…"
Phyllis: "The heavens, rather."
Gerald: "I wonder how badly their plan is going to fuck up without the giant metal man."
Gerald: "…Actually considering he was a key part of it we should… probably hurry. I can’t imagine anything good happening with him missing."
Garrett‘ works really hard on confirming that kill btw.
Phyllis: "It seems they decided on the form of their grand design."
Gerald: "Hm. How long it usually take for their people to come back as ghost anyway?"
Garrett` shrugs. "Depends on how much help they have."
Phyllis: "They normally don’t."
Ernst: "Someone needs to get to the body to do it, I think."
Gerald: "Okay. NOn sense in hanging around here or taking them with us then."
Phyllis: "Though I believe the trip for souls through the Bleak Gate to beyond is three days."
Phyllis: "… or am I conflating that with three miles again…"
Gerald: "Well one way to be sure then I suppose."
Gerald‘ takes some gasoline from his supplies, covers the bodies in a bit of it, then tosses a lit match onto them.
Ernst glances at the others. "We are still constables, … right?"
Garrett: "I know, right? We’re due several promotions."
Gerald: "I am fully covered within the rights of the law to burn the bodies of people that attempt to murder our soverign multiple times."
Zane: "Yeah. If anybody wants to make a formal complaint I'll take the lashes."
Phyllis stares at Garrett. "… you were just named the next heir to the throne."
Aleith|DM: A single figure approaches you from a nearby smithy. The human looks vaguely familiar, but it takes you a bit to place him as he has a soft glow around him. He wears plain grey clothes and a silver fishhook necklace. He holds his hands up in a peaceful gesture.
Phyllis: "How many more rungs higher are there?"
Zane: "Which means he was using the royal 'we'."
Garrett‘ grins at Phyllis. "See? I’ve got my career track set into motion. Most of you need to keep up!"
Gerald: "Hello."
Aleith|DM: He takes a few steps closer before you realize he looks like Governor Roland Stanfield but…human instead of a deva.
Phyllis: "I could just challenge you for the throne."
Garrett‘ gazes at the stars. "Such tactics are permitted against creatures with supernatural regeneration, or are believed to return with the aid of their remains. Considering Nico’s powers…"
Chandrasekhar tilts his head at the figure with the necklace.
Gerald: "Man!"
Gerald: "And here I thought finding you was going to be hard."
Garrett: "It's true, you could!"
Ernst: "Oh hey. It's the guy that pretended to be useless on the train hostage situation. What happened to you, you look terrible."
Gerald: "This is one of our easiest missions yet."
Zane: "Hold up, Gerald."
Zane sniffs slightly. "Hold… way up, I think."
Roland: "Technically speaking, I am the first of Roland's lives. The one who fought in the Second Victory and witnessed Srasama's fall. Evening, Constables."
Garrett: "Buuuuuuuut I don't think you would." He turns to Stanfeld, hands still grasping daggers.
Gerald: "I'd point out my gun isn't even raises yet but we both know that doesn't matter."
Phyllis: "Evening."
Zane: "Yeah, hence me saying something." He nods politely. "Stansfield the First. What brings you here?"
Roland: "You could call me the 'conscientious objector' to the Obscurati's plans of all of my lives."
Garrett: "Most people say that after seeing our results."
Roland: "The current governor has manifested a dozen past lives into physical form, but in a desire to be honest to himself, he allowed me to speak against him."
Garrett: "And the ones who don't…" He gestures to a pile of burnt remains.
Zane raises an eyebrow.
Roland: "Please, stop this newer self of mine. It was hubris of man that led to the Great Malice, and hubris will spell disaster for this great design as well."
Zane: "That is the plan, yeah."
Chandrasekhar: "…we're wasting our time."
Chandrasekhar: "…no, YOU'RE wasting our time."
Chandrasekhar inclines his head towards the antagonist. Even with the mask, you can tell he's staring, eyes narrowed.
Roland: "What? No! I want to help you stop his plan!"
Gerald: "Alright, lets talk as we walk then! We got a party to crash."
Gerald‘ tips his hat towards Roland and begins making his way to the fortress and lighthouse.
Chandrasekhar draws his sword and puts it to Roland’s neck in a single swift motion. Doesn't cut. Stops a hair short of that. He's showing off. "Don't trust a word out of his mouth."
The man freezes.
Gerald: "We can kill him and walk at the same too, I'm not really picky."
Phyllis continues on with Gerald. "I suppose there's tiger fur under that coat."
Chandrasekhar: "Never lie to the Unseen Court, my friend. Never lie to the living flame. Never lie to the one who keeps the memory of She whose death you witnessed. The flame burnt, burns, will burn again."
Aleith|DM: A couple of beads of sweat trickle down his face and neck.
Zane holds his left hand up so that Stansfield can watch the Arsenal flow into the shape of a wicked-looking karambit. "If Chandrasekhar doesn't kill you, I might. It's a bad day to try and interfere with me, Stansfield."
Chandrasekhar sniffs the air, like an animal. "Mr. Bieito, can you smell his fear?"
Zane: "I can almost taste it."
Roland: "…what are you going to do with me, then?"
Zane glides close and puts the inner edge of the Arsenal against Stansfields throat. "The penalty for treason is death. And with all his lives out running around, I think we can make it stick."
Phyllis: "Either do it or get on with moving to the keep."
Aleith|DM: He's not saying much, despite the threats.
Zane nods. "As you say, Ursinho." The cut is deep enough to grate across bone… if Stansfield wasn't so spineless.
Phyllis: "If you actually do mean well, somewhere in the deepest parts of your heart, you had literal centuries to act on it."
Phyllis: "Pardon our skepticism."
Zane shakes his head and walks on. "I was hoping. Maybe foolishly, I guess. I blame you, Ursinho."
Aleith|DM: The man fades out with the fatal blow.
Aleith|DM: The keep is a short walk away.
Chandrasekhar: "Alas."
Chandrasekhar keeps walking.
Phyllis: "I recently came to the conclusion that Nicodemus' influence is something that grows and creeps, and eventually takes over even the best of institutions and men."
Phyllis: "Even the Clergy. Even the governor. Even Saxby."
Chandrasekhar somehow manages to WALK smugly.
Aleith|DM: Unlike the main gate of the fortress, the way is far from open. The drawbridge in front of the forty-foot high keep is raised, and the only openings are three arrow slits just above the gate. A dry twenty-foot-deep moat surrounds it.
Zane thinks about that for a minute. "Good, then I don't have to leave them alive for you to try and convert anymore."
Gerald: "Considering what happened with Kasva before, after and after the influence was removed entirely? Yeah."
Gerald: "I don't think we can count of the others having their minds completely wiped like that, though."
Phyllis: "Have I mentioned that Lya tried to recruit me to the Obscurati before?"
Gerald: "Seperate from us, you mean?"
Phyllis: "I fear it's something that would eventually overtake me, too."
Gerald: "That's a scary thought."
Zane: "I suspected she might. You possess exactly the right kind of skillset."
[OOC] Zane: *might have
Chandrasekhar: "Mmm. Which is why you walk with us, and not with them."
Zane smiles slightly. "Unfortunately for them, your moral compass points strongly."
Phyllis: "I think my failure is inevitable, at some point, at least according to laws, reason, and logic."
Phyllis: "Fortunately, there seems to be a hint of unreality remaining in this land."
Phyllis commands the drawbridge to lower itself. [Pathos of the Inanimate]
Chandrasekhar: "Entropy takes each of us, in the end. And yet, we endure. Our peoples endure."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+24 and got 1 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: A couple of shots ring out from the arrow slits above the drawbridge as it begins lowering, but miss you.
Aleith|DM: A steel-reinfoced set of wooden double doors still bar your path, however.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 40:Gerald | 38:Zane | 33:Garrett | 27:Phyllis | 18:Chandrasekhar | 16:Risuri Squad A |
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Gerald!
Gerald: "Really?"
Ernst glances at Gerald. "What's the plan?"
Gerald‘ loads a rocket onto his blaster, then fires it into the door.
Aleith|DM: Roll to-hit, and damage if it’s not a 1
Gerald‘ rolled d20 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 14 ( Total: 14 )
Gerald` rolled 12d6+24 and got 4, 2, 4, 4, 3, 4, 6, 5, 3, 6, 1, 5 ( Total: 71 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 63!] The door’s damaged but still standing!
Zane yells, "KNOCK KNOCK!"
Gerald: "Huh that's pretty solid." [Oakskin if we're gunna get plinked at out here anyway]
Ernst considers before just dropping Stocke down and firing a [Magic Weapon] at the door. He turns on the [Winged Boots] for good measure.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 5 ( Total: 36.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 19 [Total: 50.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 86.0, Avg: 12.00
Ernst rolled 4d8+19 and got 2, 5, 7, 5 ( Total: 38.0 ) for +5 to hit, +5 dmg, brutal 1 to everyone
Aleith|DM: The door's starting to look battered! [38! Bloodied]
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane throws a grenade. [Move action to aim, so no save required]
Zane rolled d20+34 and got 8 ( Total: 42 )
Zane rolled 6d6r1+21 and got 4, 3, 2, 2, 5, 6 ( Total: 43.0 )
Also rolled 3d8r1 and got 7, 8, (1, 8) [Total: 23 (High), Avg: 7.67]
Total: 66.0, Avg: 5.00
Aleith|DM: The door splinters apart!
Zane: "NOW YOU SAY 'WHO'S THERE'!"
Aleith|DM: A portcullis still stands in the way.
Gerald: "God, defense is so much easier on keep assaults."
Aleith|DM: But you can see behind it, and immediately you see a small squad of Risuri troops behind a barricade, another of Stanfield's (deva) incarnations beside him.
Gerald: "YOU'RE ALL FUCKING UNDER ARREST FOR HIGH TREASON, THROW DOWN YOUR FUCKING WEAPONS OR PREPARE TO GET SMOTE!"
Aleith|DM: Two more squads and a more mage-like incarnation stand on some of the keep's rooms a storey up.
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Soldiers: "That's funny coming from you. Your boss told us all that you'd sold out yourselves!"
Zane: "…"
Phyllis: "Didn't I call it?"
Phyllis: "His influence corrupts the best of men."
Gerald: "Oh, oh man."
Zane sounds legitimately sad. "Yeah, Ursinho. You called it."
Gerald: "Which boss?"
Gerald: "Delft?"
Gerald: "I hope it's not Delft, I don't want to kill him."
Phyllis: "That's who we mean, yes."
Gerald: "Uugh I liked Delft!"
Gerald: "When do you think they got to him?" Gerald turns back to the soldier, "Anyway we were just with the King as are now the only Dukes in the country so take THAT how you will…"
Ernst scratches his head. "I'm guessing something from Aodhan won't get them to stand down either."
Phyllis: "… there are still other dukes, we were the only dukes present when Danor shunted the castle into the Bleak Gate."
Gerald: "Oh it only tallies the votes of people present?"
Phyllis: "On the same plane, at least."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 40:Gerald | 38:Zane | 33:Garrett | 29:Sorcerer B | 28:Stover Delft | 27:Phyllis | 19:Swordsman A | 18:Chandrasekhar | 18:Swordsman D | 17:Conspirator | 16:Risuri Squad A | 15:Sorcerer A | 15:Staircase Mimic | 14:Swordsman B | 13:Swordsman C |
Gerald‘ rolled d20+37 and got 1 ( Total: 38 ) for Garrett’s sly flourishing the sword incarnation I guess
Aleith|DM: The two incarnations you can see begin speaking, and you can hear a couple of other voices joining in, muffled or not.
Stanfields: "I know you've recently dealt with Catherine Romana and Lya Jierre, so you might be tired of speeches, but we intelligentsia like to explain ourselves. Constables, I hope you've considered whether the cause you fight for is worthy."
Aleith|DM: You hear Delft's voice shout for the soldiers to 'kill those traitors!'
Zane: "OK guys, think about it like this. One group of people here today is ripping the stars out of the sky with weird magic-tech hybrid stuff. One group of people has been repeatedly documented for doing good work and protecting the kingdom from all sorts of threats, plus saving the life of the king. Twice now. *And* I burned down the Theatre of Scoundrels because Kell was working with these
Zane: assholes. So. You make your choice. I *will* kill you if you interfere with my squad performing its lawful duties, though. "
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Gerald: "DELFT I'M GOING TO SHOOT YOUR OTHER FUCKING FOOT OFF YOU PEICE OF SHIT!"
Chandrasekhar doesn't have anything to add to Zane's commentary there save for withering disappointment.
Phyllis adds her commands to the din, as well, compelling the portcullis to "Rise!" in complete and utter defiance of the laws of physics and common sense, taking refuge in dissolving the world into an absurd, incomprehensible pandemonium, taking an inked pen to the pages of history itself.
Phyllis: "Feel free to explain, if you'd like. But yes, I have given this plenty of consideration."
Ernst: "I'd rather see if we could save him after this. I imagine there's some way to break the influence that's going on here."
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Phyllis: Pathos of the Inanimate], if that wasn't clear.
Aleith|DM: Swordsman A takes up a defensive stance behind the barricade. [Total Defence]
Aleith|DM: Garrett can see a beam of lightning rising from the back room up to the ceiling. Someone seems to be tied to a table directly underneath it. Another deva incarnation stands nearby.
Aleith|DM: A few more incarnations and soldiers seem to be behind columns or in rooms as well.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: stupid tremorsense
Chandrasekhar prays for [Virtue], blinks out of existence, then blinks out of existence again and /slams/ into the swordsman incarnation somehow from atop the barricade! [Charge]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+30 and got 1 ( Total: 31 ) for vs AC
Chandrasekhar is very flashy but doesn't accomplish much!
Aleith|DM: The swordsman is startled but manages to parry it at the last second.
Aleith|DM: Risuri Elite Squad A fires at Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+24 and got 12 ( Total: 36 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Squads D and E fire at Chandrasekhar! [Carbine Fusillade]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+24(1) and got 8 ( Total: 32.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+24(2) and got 3 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 59.0, Avg: 5.50
Aleith|DM: Also missing.
Chandrasekhar: "Goddess, don't we train you better than this? In… many senses of the term?"
Aleith|DM: Garrett can sense Swordsman C and D moving but can't see them. [Invisible]
Gerald: "Not everyone makes top of the class!"
Aleith|DM: The druid in the squads respond by calling down lightning on Chandrasekhar. [Druid Support]
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+22(1) and got 16 ( Total: 38.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 3#d20+22(2) and got 6 [Total: 28.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+22(3) and got 5 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 93.0, Avg: 9.00
Aleith|DM: One hit for 12 lightning damage!
Aleith|DM: Swordsman B double-moves.
Aleith|DM: Sorceror A sends an Alkahest Orb crashing down beside Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 8 ( Total: 33 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Just missing!
Aleith|DM: Little known fact: Heward Sechim's alkahest was used to etch runes into the colossus' otherwise impenetrable skin.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 40:Gerald | 38:Zane | 33:Garrett | 29:Sorcerer B | 28:Stover Delft | 27:Phyllis | 19:Swordsman A | 18:Chandrasekhar | 18:Swordsman D | 17:Conspirator | 16:Risuri Squad A | 15:Sorcerer A | 14:Swordsman B | 13:Swordsman C |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Ernst gestures to Gerald.
Phyllis: "I don't know if I would describe what I have as a moral compass, Zane. Merely the knowledge that I am fallible instead of the conviction that I must be right."
Phyllis gestures to Stanfield's incarnations to demonstrate the latter.
Stanfields: "Consider Risur. It has been at near-constant war for the past five hundred years. It has been justified as self defense, but except from this latest conflict we were always the superior force. Ber's armies were savage and untrained. Danor lacked magic. In Elfaivar we removed unwanted survivors to claim our colonies."
Gerald‘ moves up into the building looking around, then ’ahah's as he spots Delft. "Duno what they did to you Boss man but you REALLY should have known better than to pick a fight against us." [Master Of The Hunt] [Pounding Barrage[
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 10 ( Total: 44 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 12 [Total: 46]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 90
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 4 ( Total: 38 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 5 [Total: 39]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 77
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 8 ( Total: 42 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 17 [Total: 51]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 93
Aleith|DM: All hits!
Gerald` rolled 3#5d8+32(1) and got 4, 1, 7, 5, 5 ( Total: 54 )
Also rolled 3#5d8+32(2) and got 6, 6, 1, 8, 3 [Total: 56]
Also rolled 3#5d8+32(3) and got 4, 7, 4, 7, 4 [Total: 58]
Also rolled 3d8+24 and got 6, 8, 8 [Total: 46]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 214
Aleith|DM: The second set of bullets takes him out! And as he falls, his features change to a dull grey.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Ernst: "… a fake?"
Gerald: "…That looks dopplegangery right?"
Gerald: "Thank Gods I knew he couldn’t be that dumb, and also, ahahaha Delft got replaced by a doppleganger."
Ernst: "If they're using a fake, they almost certainly have the real Delft imprisoned somewhere."
Chandrasekhar starts laughing in the middle of the battle until what Ernst says hits him at the same time.
Gerald: "Anyways I hope the rest of you stupid fucks aren't going to CONTINUE taking orders from a fake Delft, because I got a LOT more shots like that left."
Aleith|DM: The soldiers start looking a bit confused.
Ernst: "Well, if you don't shoot us I'm not shooting you. These incarnations on the other hand…"
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Chandrasekhar: "We are not Risur's enemies! Risur's enemies are masters of manipulation, illusion, and deceit!"
Gerald: "Oh yeah Stanfield is fucking dead, no question. That motherfucker's been a mole for a terrorist organization for centuries."
[OOC] Zane: "But Phyllis is with us though…"
Phyllis looks over at Chandra, raising a finger, then thinks better of it.
Zane: "Hush now, Ursinho."
Ernst makes his way forward gaining altitude as Stocke waddles behind him. He throws down a [Punishing Eye] revealing the invisible enemies and then Stocke fires a [GMW] at A.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 13 ( Total: 47.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 5 [Total: 39.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 86.0, Avg: 9.00
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
[OOC] Ernst: How 1
Aleith|DM: (39 misses due to Cover and Total Defence)
Aleith|DM: Which A
[OOC] Ernst: Does heroic make that hit
[OOC] Ernst: Swordsman
Aleith|DM: 2 hits due to your altitude
Ernst rolled 2d8+16 and got 4, 6 ( Total: 26.0 ) for +9 to hit, +5 dmg, Brutal 1 to Ernst, Gerald, Phyllis, Garrett | One hit because Stocke shot
[OOC] Ernst: Plus 8 from Eye
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane sprints through the shattered door and lifted gate, veering sharply to the side and somersaulting the makeshift debris before engaging Swordsman B. "Roland Stansfield you are guilty of conspiracy and high treason. Your sentence is death."
[OOC] Zane: move/charge
Zane rolled d20+31 and got 5 ( Total: 36 )
Zane rolled 2d10+16 and got 1, 7 ( Total: 24.0 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 7, 3, 4 [Total: 14 (High), Avg: 4.67]
Total: 38.0, Avg: 4.40
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 38!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Phyllis: "Small minded bloodhound…"
Zane: "We all have our parts to play."
Garrett‘ barrels through the boondoggle at the beginning and stabs Swordsman Incarnation A! [Move] [Tumbling Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+32 and got 6 ( Total: 38 ) for vs AC
Phyllis: "This matter goes beyond loyalty to king and country."
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 3d4+31 and got 3, 4, 1 ( Total: 39 ) for now vuln 5 cold
Also rolled 5d8 and got 5, 8, 4, 3, 2 [Total: 22]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 61
Zane looks *incredibly* offended. "But those things still have a place in it, and must be upheld."
Garrett` executes a Sly Flourish on the Incarnation A [Sly Flourish - Standard]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 61! Bloodied!
[OOC] Ernst: +8 eye, +5 GMW is either wasn’t encountered for
Garrett: !Roll 1d20+41 ; vs AC
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+41 and got 16 ( Total: 57 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 2d4+37 and got 3, 3 ( Total: 43 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 43!
Aleith|DM: Squad D and E reload their rifles, but start arguing not-quite-quietly amongst themselves.
Aleith|DM: Squad F seems to be talking quietly to each other.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
[OOC] Garrett: WAIT
[OOC] Garrett: +8 damage on both of those hits due to eye B)
[OOC] Garrett: It’s Dead
[OOC] Aleith|DM: already counted once
[OOC] Garrett: I didn't add the eye damage to either roll
[OOC] Aleith|DM: did you count GMW in the 1st and/or 2nd
[OOC] Garrett: yes
[OOC] Aleith|DM: both? or just the 2nd?
[OOC] Garrett: GMW for both, eye for neither
[OOC] Ernst: He had brutal 1
[OOC] Ernst: And got 1's so he had to reroll
[OOC] Garrett: oh yes and
Garrett‘ rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
[OOC] Garrett: that’s for on the tumbling strike that I forgot to brutal
[OOC] Aleith|DM: sorry still 4 HP left
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Shame you don't have Death Attack
Phyllis steps forward and attacks Sorceror Incarnation A with an [Illusory Ambush], an image of what she imagines or knows a rakshasa to look like, with sunken pure-white eyes and a horrendous moan.
Phyllis rolled d20+27 and got 5 ( Total: 32.0 )
Phyllis points at squad F. "Put down your weapons. The Delft you were following just now was an imposter." [AP: Fiat]
Aleith|DM: They drop their weapons as a group.
Phyllis nods. "The rest of you, follow suit. Or help us."
Aleith|DM: A couple of the soldiers in Squad B panic and try to hit Chandrasekhar and Garrett. [Close Quarters Combat]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+24(1) and got 12 ( Total: 36.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+24(2) and got 14 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 74.0, Avg: 13.00
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar is hit for 22 damage! And then some of the other soldiers drag them back and start yelling at them.
Aleith|DM: Squad C takes a cautious look outside room E.
Gerald‘ fires a [Defensive Volley] to knock the shots off course. [-19]
Chandrasekhar fights back, but to disarm and block only. The mask’s in the way of the look of forgiveness he shoots at the soldiers…
Gerald: "I imagine SOME of you have read reports of the shit we can do, right? None of that was exaggurated."
Aleith|DM: Swordsman Incarnation A continues reciting the speech as he stabs his rapier at Garrett…
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 5 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM: Missing.
Garrett: "Bein' fair, I'd be a little spooked too, if I were them," he says, casually dodging a rapier.
Aleith|DM: …even Memory of a Dozen Lifetimes wouldn't help here.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar steps through reality again, and then roars [Knight's Defiance], pulling the four Swordsman Incarnations close to him, and swinging wildly at them all with his blade! (Divine Sanction: save ends)
Chandrasekhar rolled 4#d20+29(1) and got 12 ( Total: 41 ) for vs AC 36
Also rolled 4#d20+29(2) and got 1 [Total: 30]
Also rolled 4#d20+29(3) and got 12 [Total: 41]
Also rolled 4#d20+29(4) and got 1 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 142
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: uhhhh I'm at +CoS right
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Is it +9? I'm not very good at D&D.
Aleith|DM: One hit! [Secondary Target: One primary target adjacent to you]
[OOC] Phyllis: sadly 1s automiss anyway
[OOC] Phyllis: for attacks, at least.
[OOC] Ernst: +9 to hit, +5 dmg, Brutal 1 to Ernst, Gerald, Phyllis, Garrett
[OOC] Phyllis: oh so I should have hit before
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: OH RIGHT i only hit one thing with the- right okay I can read
[OOC] Phyllis: can i roll that damage now with that in mind
Aleith|DM: Sure.
Aleith|DM: Sorceror A right? And which Swordsman, Chandra?
Chandrasekhar knocks out the one at 4 HP out of sheer spite.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Phyllis rolled 2d6+29 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 36.0 ) for psychic damage vs Sorceror A, -6 to first attack, -2 to subsequent UEoPNT
Aleith|DM: The incarnation fades out from sight as the sword spills blood, which too fades out.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: you can almost imagine it as a reddish-fadeout effect if you like…
[OOC] Garrett: enemy_fade_animation{mob}
[OOC] Phyllis: ugh also +5 more whoops i'm good at remembering buffs
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 41!
Aleith|DM: Swordsman B stabs at Chandrasekhar while the Conspirator moves over and throws one of his daggers at the fey! [Rapier/Deceptive Flourish]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 6 ( Total: 33.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 11 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 71.0, Avg: 8.50
Aleith|DM rolled 2d4+20 and got 2, 2 ( Total: 24.0 )
Aleith|DM: 24 damage and Chandrasekhar is knocked prone and slid between the other two Swordsmen!
Aleith|DM: Squad A reloads their rifles, studying the scene.
Aleith|DM: Sorcerer Incarnation A starts gathering arcane energy… [Aura 1 gained, enemies that enter or end their turn in the aura take 10 damage]
Zane points at Squad A. Doesn't even look at them. Just points. "Don't. Just… don't. Please."
Aleith|DM: Whoops that was Swordsman D, not B. B moves in and both he and Swordsman C attack the fallen Chandrasekhar! [Rapier]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 6 ( Total: 33.0 ) for CA
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 3 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 63.0, Avg: 4.50
Aleith|DM: Both missing!
Aleith|DM: The staircase detaches from the ceiling and swings at Garrett like an immense flail. [Slam]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+26 and got 7 ( Total: 33 )
Aleith|DM: But misses.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 40:Gerald | 38:Zane | 33:Garrett | 29:Sorcerer B | 27:Phyllis | 19:Swordsman A | 18:Chandrasekhar | 18:Swordsman D | 17:Conspirator | 16:Risuri Squad A | 15:Sorcerer A | 15:Staircase Mimic | 14:Swordsman B | 13:Swordsman C |
Gerald: "…Ahahahahahahahahahah."
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Gerald!
Gerald: "I really… hope… Delft saw that ahahahaha."
Ernst: "Gerald, you want to move forward, okay?"
Gerald: "Yeah we're advancin'"
Ernst: "You've been warned."
Phyllis: "Oh, how delightful."
Gerald‘ moves up and lets off a [Biting Volley] into Sword D.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+38(1) and got 10 ( Total: 48 )
Also rolled 2#d20+38(2) and got 10 [Total: 48]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 96
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+38(1) and got 3 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 2#d20+38(2) and got 2 [Total: 40]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 81
Stanfields: "Here in Flint, among the government who else but I expressed concern for the plight of the workers? People died to protest the injustice they suffered, but did the king ever speak out in their favor? No, he remained silent so that the industry necessary for his war machines would flourish."
Gerald` rolled 2#4d8r1+32(1) and got 7, 2, 3, 3 ( Total: 47.0 ) for then 18 more to Sword B, D and the Mimic.
Also rolled 2#4d8r1+32(2) and got 6, 5, 8, 6 [Total: 57.0 (High), Avg: 6.25]
Total: 104.0, Avg: 5.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 122! Bloodied! 18! 18!
Phyllis: "Garrett."
Phyllis: "I was dead serious about challenging you for the throne."
Phyllis: "And that’s why."
Gerald: "Oh my Gods you soldiers are seeing the GIGANTIC FUCKING MIMC, DELFT'S WORST NIGHTMARE right??? Aaah this would be even funnier if we weren't in the middle of a bloodbath."
Gerald: "But seriously no one with the moral high ground deploys massive mimics onto a battlefield, EVEN IF it's hysterical."
Chandrasekhar: "…and you truly think the Obscurati will -better- their lives? Truly? With the stars falling from the sky? A better world is possible, but not at their hands."
Gerald‘ coughs into his hand, attempting to hold back further giggles.
Garrett: "Mmm yes?"
Phyllis: "Y’know. What Stanfield said."
Stocke waddles forward as Ernst flies out of the building. He slides to a halt in the air before unslinging his Carbine and taking a shot at the Staircase Mimic and Incarnation C. [Siphon Fate]
Garrett: "Yeah, I still believe you!"
Ernst rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 18 ( Total: 47.0 ) for Mimic, Incarnation C
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 9 [Total: 38.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 85.0, Avg: 13.50
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Ernst rolled d8+16 and got 2 ( Total: 18.0 ) for -2 to attack rolls and defenses to both. Ernst swaps places with the Mimic. [Transposing Carbine]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: max altitude is 20 after the swap since it was 20 feet high
[OOC] Ernst: That's fine
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Stocke then unloads a [Magic Weapon] into the Mimic.
Aleith|DM: or that
Ernst rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 7 ( Total: 38.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 7 [Total: 38.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 76.0, Avg: 7.00
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Phyllis: "Or at least - ugh. I have my … misgivings about Aodhan."
Ernst rolled 4d8+16 and got 8, 5, 5, 2 ( Total: 36.0 ) for Gerald and Phyllis get +5 to hit, +5 dmg, Brutal 1. Mimic gets -1 AC. Gerald has already gone
Zane: "He isn't perfect, no. But he *is* our boss."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 36!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Chandrasekhar: "Nicodemus' error was to stand alone. Alone, we perish. Together, holding each other accountable, entwined with one another, we survive and flourish."
Phyllis: "Our duty is for the good of the country and its citizens. What is a king without them?"
Ernst: "I almost want to close the gate on the mimic."
Gerald: "It can probably sqeeze through, those things don't care much about their shape."
Gerald: "Anyway,"
Gerald: "Get a load of this asshole, critizing the war industry by starting another war to keep it going."
Aleith|DM: It is in fact in a more ooze-like shape
Gerald: "I swear to fuck it's like not a single one of you people in the Ob ever set foot in a classroom."
Zane vaults over the barrier again, back the way he came, circling around to leap up on the wooden wall. The Arsenal shifts into the shape of a shortbow and he unleashes a barrage of arrows on the incarnations surrounding Chandrasekhar. [Move, RBA. -2 dice to make it burst 1 around Singh.]
[OOC] Zane: Oh and Minor to apply Black Lotus poison
Aleith|DM: The squad beside you doesn't take the OA
Zane rolled 3#1d20+29(1) and got 12 ( Total: 41.0 )
Also rolled 3#1d20+29(2) and got 5 [Total: 34.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 3#1d20+29(3) and got 12 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 116.0, Avg: 9.67
Aleith|DM: 2 hits!
[OOC] Zane: hits B and D, misses C going in order lol
[OOC] Aleith|DM: yep
[OOC] Ernst: Wrong
[OOC] Ernst: I hit C with Siphon Fate it has -2 to all defenses
[OOC] Zane: oh then I guess it got popped too
Zane rolled 5d8+31 and got 5, 4, 5, 3, 2 ( Total: 50.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: -2 to attacks against allies adjacent to a Swordsman Incarnation, cancels out
[OOC] Zane: Death Attack] on D.
[OOC] Ernst: I see.
Aleith|DM: It didn't live through 50 damage anyway.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 50! KO!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett: "I do believe that you want to fight injustice and right wrongs, Phyllis- excuse me lads," he asides to the Risur Squad B as he sidles past them "-but it's as Chandra said." He strikes toward Swordsman B's legs! [Low Slash]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+32 and got 18 ( Total: 50 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+26 and got 4 ( Total: 30 ) for vuln 5 cold
Also rolled 5d8 and got 2, 3, 2, 2, 2 [Total: 11]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 41
Garrett: "More than anyone, I think you’ve realized your own sympathies to a different path, to change the world as it is to the infinite of what it could be." [Piercing Strike]
Zane: "Your country needs some Executores, honestly."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Garrett: "Could be. It's an amazingly lax system that relies upon so few individuals. If we six weren't tied up in the office, huh. We'd already run the place!"
Garrett: "But at the same time you've continued to walk along us, partially because, well- the Ob is just so heavy handed, right?"
Garrett: "A blunt object, thousands of words within a tome, and they would naught but swing the book to give knowledge."
Aleith|DM: Squad D smashes and stabs at Sorcerer Incarnation A. [CQC]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+24 and got 3 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM: But doesn't land a telling blow.
Garrett: "But even, I dare say- 'reasonable' conspirators plan, and they think, and they falter- and in the end they all fell to the scheme of Nico's anyway."
Aleith|DM: Sorcerer B leaves room H.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Garrett: "They are all, to the one, even to his blackened, twisted heart- people, of strengths, triumphs, weaknesses, and blindness."
Garrett: "For better or worse, the Ob has caused the world to change- and for tomorrow's world, I do hope we continue to stand askew and akimbo to each other…"
Garrett‘ gestures over his shoulder with a thumb, without lookin’.
Phyllis commands the drawbridge back up, leaving the mimic without a land route back inside. They can deal with it later. "Rise!" [Pathos of the Inanimate]
Garrett: "Covering each other like that, yeah!"
Garrett: "(Admittedly, I mean, I could have done that too, but."
Phyllis: "I've thought much the same. A more … communal sort of arrangement, without power in the hands of a cabal of secretive fellows and a farce of a rigged election?"
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM: The druid in Squad B calls down a lightning bolt on Swordsman C.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 2 ( Total: 24 ) for vs Ref
Ernst nods to Phyllis. "That works. Thanks."
Aleith|DM: But misses.
Phyllis: "Instead of placing the reins of history of a few great men, of famous inventors, of factory owners, of warmongerers - "
Stanfields: "So then we come to you, brave constables. How wonderfully strong you are. By our last census, about fifty thousand people work in the factories of Parity Lake. Their per capita annual income is about 700 silver. Right now you're casually wearing enchanted items that cost more than the entire district earns in a year. Of course, that’s ignoring the fabulous prosperity of the owners."
Gerald: "Stanfield, please."
Gerald: "We worked our ASSES off for this shit."
Ernst: "In our defense when we started our budget was significantly lower than this."
Garrett‘ grins. "Okay first of all, the gold value of these items is entirely a mechanical holdover from when crafting them required materials and experience-"
Gerald: "It wasn’t handed to us on a silver plater. Though like, yeah. Having grown up in a factory I can definitely agree that the way they manage money is absolutely fucking off."
Chandrasekhar gets to his feet, [Call of Challenge]ing Sorceror B, and then slamming sword into shield: [Astral Thunder]
Zane: "And you, of course, are living the destitute life of a priest…"
Chandrasekhar rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 18 ( Total: 44 ) for vs. Fort 32 and 34
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 4 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 74
Aleith|DM: Hit, miss!
Gerald: "Yeah for real how many years have you been in office not doing a goddamn thing?"
Gerald: "Five hundred, I think?"
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+10 and got 2, 1 ( Total: 13 ) for thunder, -3 attack UEONT
Gerald: "Hypocrits, the lot of you. Every single one."
Phyllis: "Lya was at least honest about it."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 21!
Gerald: "Yeah she was admittedly just an idiot. But all the others!"
Garrett: "Second- you'd think that the stars falling from the sky and large cityscapes being threatened with being plunged into an alternate dimension would be a good time to utilize such lofty equipment-"
Phyllis: "Her problem wasn't with the suffering of the people, but of the mindset and desperation it created. Rather than truly fix the suffering and redistribute that wealth, she would have been content to remove our capacity for it."
Aleith|DM: The Conspirator Incarnation throws a dagger at Ernst. [Deceptive Flourish]
Garrett: "Thirdly- the actual -gold value- of items, if we continue to use the absurdity of the concept, is impossible to actually spend, let alone trade."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 13 ( Total: 40 )
Garrett‘ waves his Frost Dagger +5. "There’s not enough muffins in twenty universes worth one of these!"
Aleith|DM rolled 2d4+20 and got 1, 2 ( Total: 23.0 )
Ernst shoots it back in the face with a [Shocking Feedback]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 20 ( Total: 49.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 8 [Total: 37.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 86.0, Avg: 14.00
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 23 damage and knocking Ernst to the ground! [You land safely but are at ground level]
Aleith|DM: Crit and hit!
[OOC] Ernst: 51
Gerald: "Yeah we had Ernst run the numbers on how many uh, 'baked goods' once we could buy with our gear stippends. That was an amusing way to pass an evening."
Garrett: "It's an absurdity dreamed up and try to blind others with in the hopes that they're bad at really conceptualizing scale-"
Ernst gains resist all 5.
Garrett: "-to which, you wouldn't be wrong, but you're missing the bigger point!"
Aleith|DM: Squad A fires at the Mimic…
Aleith|DM rolled d20+24 and got 11 ( Total: 35 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 22!
Phyllis: "Is he even listening..?"
Aleith|DM: The mimic growls at the edge of the moat.
Aleith|DM: Not really.
Garrett‘ snorts. "Nah, probably not."
Aleith|DM: Sorceror A fires a ray at Zane! [Arcane Excavation]
Aleith|DM: …but Squad B tries to CQC them first. [OA]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+24 and got 14 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Aleith|DM rolled d10 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
Aleith|DM: 22 damage, then 2 more damage as the sorcerer gets slid off the building and crashes to the ground.
Aleith|DM: Sorcerer A starts taking ongoing 5 damage! [Old Injury]
Zane smiles at that and throws them a salute. "Fuckin’ aye, boys, that was beautiful!"
Aleith|DM: …the sorcerer still fires the ray at Zane, though.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 20 ( Total: 43 ) for vs Ref, -2 from prone
Aleith|DM: 60 damage, and Zane takes ongoing 20 damage (SE)!
Zane too busy laughing and saluting to dodge. oops.
Aleith|DM: All parts of the barricade around Zane disintegrate.
Aleith|DM: In the early days, Stanfield would disintegrate the interior of Cauldron Hill to make room for the colossus construction facility.
Zane hits the pavement. "Ow?!"
Ernst: "I'll fix you up in a second."
Gerald‘ winces a little.
Aleith|DM: Sorcerer A then picks himself up and tosses an Alkahest Orb at Gerald, Zane, and Squad B.
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+25(1) and got 3 ( Total: 28.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 3#d20+25(2) and got 11 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+25(3) and got 14 [Total: 39.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 103.0, Avg: 9.33
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+15 and got 6, 6, 2 ( Total: 29.0 )
Aleith|DM: 29 acid damage and ongoing 15 (SE) to Squad B!
Gerald` SAVES THE MOOKS [Disruptive Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 2 ( Total: 36 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 10 [Total: 44]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 80
Aleith|DM: hits!
Gerald` rolled 4d8+32 and got 1, 1, 3, 3 ( Total: 40 ) for -10 to hit now
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 40! Bloodied!
[OOC] Ernst: You have brutal 1 from magic weapon
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 40:Gerald | 38:Zane | 33:Garrett | 29:Sorcerer B | 27:Phyllis | 18:Chandrasekhar | 17:Conspirator | 16:Risuri Squad A | 15:Sorcerer A | 15:Staircase Mimic | 13:Swordsman C |
Gerald` rolled 2d8 and got 3, 6 ( Total: 9 )
[OOC] Gerald: 7 more then
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
[OOC] Ernst: I’m not MWing this turn so I'da ct now while you have +5/+5 Brutal 1
Gerald‘ marks the sorcer has his quarry and lets off a [Twin Shot]
Stanfields: "You were present during Aodhan’s announcement that he intended to seek peace with Danor, a speech given from the deck of the most powerful weapon in the world. The hypocrisy was astounding, but what unsettled me most was that he seemed blind to it."
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 5 ( Total: 39 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 17 [Total: 51]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 90
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 5d8+32 and got 3, 8, 2, 7, 3 ( Total: 55 )
Gerald` then swings the second shot into Sorcerer B
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 7 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 16 [Total: 50]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 91
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 4 ( Total: 38 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 9 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 81
[OOC] Gerald: er
Gerald` rolled 5d8+32 and got 7, 6, 2, 3, 6 ( Total: 56 )
Zane starts laughing.
Garrett: "Is he talking about the same day where he was nearly assassinated?"
Gerald: "Yes."
Ernst makes his way into the room to the south now that he has his feet on the ground. Stocke repositions.
Zane: "No no no hold up. ’The most powerful weapon in the world.' Lets go back to that part."
Gerald: "He conviently is leaving out the one he built in secret, yes."
Zane: "Thank you, yes."
Gerald: "As hypocrits are wont to do."
Stocke then fires a [Bond of Transference] at Incarnation C.
Aleith|DM: One of them stops to say. "Borne wasn't functional yet."
Garrett: "Oh, well, -technically-, bluh bluh bluh."
Ernst rolled d20+27 and got 20 ( Total: 47.0 ) for vs Fort
Phyllis: "But in construction, yes?"
Phyllis: "And who introduced industry to Risur anyway, years before?"
Phyllis: "What vector was that?"
Garrett: "I think he was waiting for that line, anyone else get that impression?"
Garrett: "Like he practiced it."
Phyllis: "Again, the original sin here originates with Nicodemus!"
Gerald: "We also had to thwart MULTIPLE assassination attempts FROM THAT VERY SAME SHIP which kind of proved that it was still just a lil bit warrented until the treated was signed,"
Ernst rolled 2d8+13 and got 5, 8 ( Total: 26.0 ) for Zane transfers ongoing 20 to Incarnation C. Zane heals +51 HP [Infusion]
Gerald: "Which, if you may have forgotten,"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 56! Bloodied! 34!
Gerald: "it's the people he wanted to SIGN THE TREATY WITH that started hostilities."
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Phyllis: "As much as I'm normally willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, I refuse to be gaslit."
Ernst calls out. "Uhhh… Phyllis? The real Delft is here bound to a table and all of the tables around him are filled to the brim with ritual parts. There's 4 traps that need to be deactivated simulataneously or he'll die. Which means we need someone versed in Arcana, Heal, Nature and Religion. Also if one of us mess up it also blows up the room."
Gerald: "Ahahahaha."
Garrett: "What… kind of bomb is that?!"
Phyllis: "Oh, simultaneously, you say?"
Gerald: "Don't worry Delft we still love you now that you haven't betrayed us!"
Aleith|DM: Lightning streams from his chest to the ceiling in the room. He seems in incredible pain.
Gerald: "Give us a minute."
Garrett: "(Oh I guess we should crack less jokes, huh.)"
Garrett: "(Wow that looks like it hurts.)"
Ernst: "Simultaneously, yeah."
Gerald: "No way he understands the need to joke in extreme situations."
Garrett: "Well, Delft, this is how you know that we really do care about you."
Zane: "Well. That's… OK then. I guess 'kill Stansfield first' so we have the hands free to save Delft."
Ernst: "This thing also seems to be powering the keeps shields, so when we deal with it both of them should go down."
Garrett: "Yeah, secure the area, then extract hostages. SOP."
Zane fires two arrows in rapid succession, one at the swordsman near Chandrasekhar, the other at the Sorcerer hanging back by the building. [Two Targets, -1 combat die]
Zane rolled 2#1d20+29(1) and got 17 ( Total: 46.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d20+29(2) and got 1 [Total: 30.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 76.0, Avg: 9.00
[OOC] Zane: the swordsman is dead. I missed the sorcerer. Sugar plz
Aleith|DM: KO! Miss!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ dashes over to the Sorcerer B and gives him the business. [Circling Predator]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+32 and got 18 ( Total: 50 ) for vs AC, attack 1
Garrett` rolled 1d20+32 and got 17 ( Total: 49 ) for vs AC, attack 2
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+26 and got 4 ( Total: 30.0 ) for applies vuln 5 cold
Also rolled 5d8 and got 7, 7, 2, 3, 2 [Total: 21 (Low), Avg: 4.20]
Total: 51.0, Avg: 4.17
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+31 and got 2 ( Total: 33.0 ) for takes advantage of vuln 5 cold
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 84! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM: wait I skipped multiple turns
Aleith|DM: The sorcerer sidesteps and swips at Garrett with his Empowered Staff.
Aleith|DM: And eats Divine Sanction damage.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 9 ( Total: 36 )
Aleith|DM: But misses!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 21! from Sanction
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: he’s slowed!
Phyllis attacks the Conspirator Incarnation with [Illusory Ambush], crushing his body in ethereal loudly grinding gears.
Phyllis rolled d20+27 and got 18 ( Total: 45.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6+29 and got 2, 2 ( Total: 33.0 )
[OOC] Phyllis: unless some buff is still in play. it's been a while
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33! Bloodied!
[OOC] Phyllis: i don't think so though
Phyllis: -6 tohit first attack, -2 subsequent UEoPNT!
[OOC] Ernst: I did bond of transference last turn so no buffs besides Eye on field
Aleith|DM: Squad E fires a Carbine Fuslilade at the Conspirator while the squad's druid aims a lightning bolt at him!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+24 and got 6 ( Total: 30.0 ) for vs AC, Ref
d20+22: 2 [Total: 24.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 54.0, Avg: 4.00
Aleith|DM: Both missing.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar teleports to Sorc B and… probably just stabs him real good??? [Charge]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+30 and got 18 ( Total: 48 )
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+11 and got 8, 6 ( Total: 25 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Move + Charge since you can't see through the pillar but yes
Aleith|DM: Hit! [25!]
Aleith|DM: The conspirator moves closer and throws a dagger at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 10 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Squad A continues alternating soldiers to fire at the mimic.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 40:Gerald | 38:Zane | 33:Garrett | 29:Sorcerer B | 27:Phyllis | 18:Chandrasekhar | 17:Conspirator | 16:Risuri Squad A | 15:Staircase Mimic |
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Stanfields: "This nation is a source of greater misery than any other in five centuries, and you are the hand that wields the scourge. Set it down, constables, before the world changes and discovers what villains you truly are."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+24 and got 1 ( Total: 25 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: whoops they missed the mimic
Gerald‘ pulls himself up onto the nearby platform with his grappling hook, then opens fires on the conspirator, who is now his quarry.
Chandrasekhar bellows: "There is light in this world, Roland Stanfield, and it is us!"
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 4 ( Total: 33 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 13 [Total: 42]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 75
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 12 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 4 [Total: 33]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 74
Aleith|DM: 1 hit each!
Gerald` rolled d8+19 and got 6 ( Total: 25 )
d8+19: 8 [Total: 27]
Also rolled 3d8+16 and got 3, 7, 3 [Total: 29]
Zane: "Stansfield. You work for a conspiracy that has singlehandedly been responsible for murder, treachery, and manipulation on a global scale for centuries. You keep trying to cast us as the villains, but thats only because we keep exposing your schemes and shoving them back down your throats."
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 81
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Stocke unloads a [Magic Weapon] into the remaining Sorceror. Ernst then moves out of Delfts room and unloads a [Magic Weapon - AP] on the Conspirator since he never used his AP…
Ernst rolled 4#d20+31(1) and got 1 ( Total: 32.0 )
Also rolled 4#d20+31(2) and got 7 [Total: 38.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+31(3) and got 9 [Total: 40.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+31(4) and got 3 [Total: 34.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 144.0, Avg: 5.00
Aleith|DM: 1 hit! 2 hits!
Gerald: "Holy shit."
Ernst rolled 2d8+16 and got 2, 4 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 4d8+16 and got 2, 5, 8, 7 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 5.50]
Total: 60.0, Avg: 4.67
Ernst rolled 2d6 and got 3, 2 ( Total: 5 ) for Ap bonus damage
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Gerald: "How long do you think he’s been writing this speech?"
Garrett: "How long were we out of town, for?"
Garrett: "Three weeks?"
Gerald: "Do you think he's made we've ignored half of it and turned the Soldiers away from his bullshit in the process and has no audience for it?"
Aleith|DM: The last incarnation fades out.
Ernst: "Delft looks to be having a hell of a time, so I'm going to go deal with that now."
Phyllis: "Likewise."
Gerald: "What's the best plan of attack for disabling that shit? 'Four at the same time' kind of seems like it'd be hard to shove entirely onto you or Phyllis."
Phyllis: "Well."
Phyllis: "I can handle… three."
Garrett‘ holds up three fingers in one hand, one finger in another, looks worried at Gerald.
Gerald: "I… okay. Magic, sure. You and Ernst got it then?"
Ernst: "Just in case we don’t stay out of the room. The entire thing is blowing up if I fuck up."
Gerald: "Delft I just want you to know I turned your doppleganger into a red smear before it could do anything, just in case!"
Aleith|DM: He just continues screaming in pain
Gerald‘ then starts to search the area for more Stanfields while the mages get to work.
Phyllis stares at Gerald for a second, but decides hopping to a table is a better use of her time.
Zane: "Alright soldiers, that fucking blob is still outside. Find some windows and start firing."
Phyllis: "So, Ernst."
Phyllis: "You’ve got my back if I, uh."
Ernst snaps his fingers, giving Phyllis a 45 THP shield.
Aleith|DM: Another squad of soldiers climbs up the ladder to reinforce Squad A.
Phyllis: "… prevention is good, but you've got the cure too, just in case?"
Ernst: "Yeah."
Aleith|DM: Okay. Arcana, Heal, Nature, and Religion checks?
Phyllis: "Give me the signal. Time to do the impossible."
Ernst steps out of the room. "On Stockes Siren."
Phyllis moves from table to table as soon as the siren hits, addressing the first and moving to the next before invoking [Time Stop] to do another. Drawing from her depth of [Arcane Mastery], she casts [Time Stop] a second time to move and disarm the second and third tables.
Phyllis rolled d20+38 and got 20 ( Total: 58.0 ) for Arcana
Phyllis rolled d20+33 and got 5 ( Total: 38.0 ) for Religion
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 11 ( Total: 37.0 ) for Nature (Insightful Councillor roll twice take higher)
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 1 [Total: 27.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 64.0, Avg: 6.00
Ernst rolled d20+20 and got 8 ( Total: 28.0 ) for Time for RNG to fuck me
Aleith|DM: The ritual stops…
Aleith|DM: …successfully.
Ernst: "Jesus. That was more stressful than the train bomb. That was a lot more up my alley and only my life was at stake since we evacuated."
Aleith|DM: Delft groans. "That was awful. Thanks, constables. I didn't think you'd be back in time."
Phyllis: "Fuck time." She says, after having violated several principles of mathematics and speeding ordinances.
Gerald: "Yeah we just charged in as soon as possible and have been mowing down everything in our path."
Garrett‘ goes over and gives Phyllis and Stocke a big ol’ hug
Ernst: "Kings safe, by the way."
Chandrasekhar is just sort of staring and spluttering at Phyllis. "How did you- even /you/- I don't-" -she can probably count on one hand the times she's seen him speechless.
Delft: "That's good to hear."
Zane likewise hugs Phyllis. Stocke gets a pat. And Delft gets a hug. "I doubted you. I have never been more glad to be wrong in my life, sir."
Delft: "…Constable Cooper. Did you think that was me when you shot that terrible monster?"
Phyllis: "No way to really judge until the end."
Gerald: "Uh."
Phyllis also gives Chandra a wink. "It's good being Lonely Tails."
Phyllis: "I need to show you those stories sometime."
Gerald: "No. Was kind of hoping, but wasn't entirely sure."
Gerald: "You being dumb enough to defect seemed awfully out of character, at least."
Ernst: "… was kind of hoping?"
Gerald: "I like Delft! I didn't want to have to turn his insides into his outsides on account of trechery!:
Garrett: "A fine red mist."
Delft: "…well, I'll take that for what it is. I guess you've still got a Governor to stop?"
Gerald: "There's probably still a few of them lurking around yeah."
Garrett: "Five on the roof altogether."
Phyllis: "So, why would the governor invite you?" She's still not convinced.
Delft: "It was a regular meeting to discuss things. I wasn't suspecting duplicity."
Delft: "City issues, defences since Danor was ramping things up, the usual."
Delft: "And then I got here and he sucker-punched me."
Gerald: "Man."
Gerald: "You saw that huge ass mimic right?"
Delft: "…what mimic?" His voice is suddenly a lot quieter.
Gerald: "It's dead now!"
Phyllis: "Yeah, just … I question his decision to do that. Why have that wrinkle?"
Gerald: "There was a real big'un though."
Garrett: "…actually it might still be crawling around outside."
Garrett: "If the elite guard hasn't potshotted it to death yet."
Aleith|DM: The soldiers are still shooting at it.
Aleith|DM: Though one of the reports that it seems to be on its last legs.
Garrett: "Okay yeah don't look outside, chief."
Delft: "…alright."
Phyllis shakes her head. "Whatever. You'll understand my paranoia, I hope. Don't make me regret saving you."
Phyllis grins. "You just saw what I'm capable of."
Chandrasekhar pats Phyllis on the shoulder.
Delft: "I've read the reports, at least."
Gerald: "Anyway you sit here and catch your breath, we'll go kill the ex-governer, and then we'll regroup."
Delft: "Believe me, Ms. Lenz, I don't want them to succeed any less than you do. Good luck up there."
Aleith|DM: After catching your breath, you ready yourselves to head up to the roof…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License