Zg Session 92

Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 42:Bleak Killer B | 41:Bleak Killer D | 38:Chandrasekhar | 38:Phyllis | 38:Bleak Killer A | 37:Bleak Killer C | 36:Garrett | 31:Jillian | 29:Gerald | 26:Flayed Jaguar | 26:Professor Bugge | 23:CatherineRomana | 22:Ernst | 22:Aodhan | 22:Harkover |
Aleith|DM: Obscurati Squad E takes a knee as a group and fire a Rifle Fusillade at Gerald! [They were skipped last round]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 3 ( Total: 26 ) for -2 cover
Aleith|DM: And miss!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 42:Bleak Killer B | 41:Bleak Killer D | 38:Chandrasekhar | 38:Phyllis | 38:Bleak Killer A | 37:Bleak Killer C | 36:Garrett | 31:Jillian | 29:Gerald | 26:Flayed Jaguar | 26:Professor Bugge | 23:CatherineRomana | 22:Ernst | 22:Aodhan | 22:Harkover |
Aleith|DM: Round 11!
Aleith|DM: The cannons fire again!
Aleith|DM: Zane is caught in the blast as one of the cannons fire on the main entrance!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 8 ( Total: 23 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: But he manages to dodge and only take 50 damage!
[OOC] Zane: jesus D:
Aleith|DM: Bleak Gate Killer B charges at Phyllis!
[OOC] Zane: h-hey!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+26 and got 18 ( Total: 44 ) for Eclipse Claw
Aleith|DM: They have a higher init bonus than you
Aleith|DM: Hitting for another 20 damage!
[OOC] Phyllis: Did it have the movement to do so, it's slowed
[OOC] Zane: Oh well fuck those guys then
Aleith|DM: 1 move then 2 move for charge
Aleith|DM: He was only three squares away.
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 5 ( Total: 3 )
Aleith|DM: And then he falls unconcious.
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Phyllis grumbles and keeps plodding forward, ignoring her assailants.
Phyllis rolled d4 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for for this many hours
Zane bites down on a scream as shrapnel from the exploding wall puts a few new holes in him and creeps to the doorway, shifting the Arsenal into a perfectly-balanced throwing dagger. His head tilts as he listens for Romana to move. [Ready Action, gonna throw my knife when she gets into my line of sight]
Zane rolled d20+0 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for save
Chandrasekhar will kill that entire cannon, just you wait.
Aleith|DM: Bleak Killer D moves closer! [Double Move]
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 20 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: And is no longer slowed!
Aleith|DM: Bleak Gate Killer A claws at the King!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 9 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Phyllis!
Phyllis stares at Killer D, compelling his body to lock up and for him to stay there. [Mesmeric Hold]
Phyllis rolled d20+24 and got 13 ( Total: 37.0 ) for vs will, +4 for only targetting one creature, -5 for blind
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6+17 and got 1, 5 ( Total: 23.0 ) for Immobilized UEoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 11!
Phyllis steps forward and growls. That's close enough to a [Healing Word], right?
Phyllis rolled 3d6+25 and got 4, 2, 6 ( Total: 37.0 )
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for save
Chandrasekhar [Challenge]s Bugge and pulls him one square closer so he can keep an eye on him - doesn't attack him yet, because of that pesky fiel effect, but instead hits the jaguar with a [Virtuous Strike].
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+25 and got 6 ( Total: 31 ) for vs. AC 33
Phyllis: "Three more assailants behind me, tried to slow them down the best I could."
Ernst: "All of them should disappear once the lamp is off again, but unless the Professor is dealt with he's going to just flip it back on."
Aleith|DM: Misses!
Aleith|DM: Bleak Killer C snores.
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 14 ( Total: 12 )
Aleith|DM: But startles awake.
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Phyllis: "Oh, that's what's going on?"
Ernst: "Yeah. Some Ob asshole just walked up to the lamp and started it up again. The first one you turned off."
Garrett tell Jillian to help protect the king, and then slides under the jaguar at an opportune moment and stabs it from underneath before finishing the slide beside the Professor. [Tumbling Strike]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+28 and got 6 ( Total: 34 ) for CA
Ernst scratches his head. "Although come to think of it, if we're proceeding into the west wing, our enemies will just follow us and appear eventually again. It may be better to just deal with them now."
But first Jillian steps back before charging the Killer next to the king! [Delay for Garrett, Shift + Charge]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 13 ( Total: 36 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 15!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 7!
[OOC] Ernst: Eye?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: bumps it up another 4
Garrett instead slides under and stabs the Professor, hitting with the 34.
Aleith|DM rolled 3d4+22 and got 4, 3, 3 ( Total: 32.0 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 7, 1, 5 [Total: 13 (Low), Avg: 4.33]
Total: 45.0, Avg: 3.83
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 45! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: He Presses the Advantage!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+28 and got 8 ( Total: 36 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d4+27 and got 2, 1 ( Total: 30.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Garrett follows up with a Sly Flourish, tossing his dagger at the Jaguar as he hums to himself. [Majestic Word]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+28 and got 14 ( Total: 42 )
Aleith|DM rolled d4+25 and got 1 ( Total: 26.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 26!
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+33 and got 1, 1 ( Total: 35.0 )
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ starts up another [Twin Shot]
Gerald` rolled d20+26 and got 12 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Gerald` shatters the south-west lantern with the first hit, then fires in Ob Squad E with the second!
Gerald` rolled d20+26 and got 1 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Obscurati Squad C moves out of the garden and fires at Gerald! [Rifle Fusillade]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 3 ( Total: 26 ) for vs Cover
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Gerald: "If ya’ll wanna die next instead that's fine too!"
Aleith|DM: The lantern shatters!
Aleith|DM: The Flayed Dire Jaguar claws at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 7 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Catherine Romana starts backing away from the noise as the fight grows closer….
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Total Defence before moving
Zane flings his dagger as soon as he hears her foot scuff over the marble floor…
Zane rolled d20+20 and got 8 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: She startles as the dagger flies past her before she moves into the next room
Zane curses. Foiled again.
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Aodhan! Harkover!
Aodhan tosses a [Dagger] at the nearby assassin, before sidesteppign and swinging his sword.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 3 ( Total: 28 )
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 11 [Total: 36]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 64
Gerald` rolled 2d8+20 and got 5, 2 ( Total: 27 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 16!
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
[OOC] Gerald: oh wait actually that was slash -> shift -> dagger i was looking at harkor’s pog not aodhan wrt position, lol
[OOC] Aleith|DM: lol
Harkover lights the assassin up with five more flaming darts. [25 damage after insubstantial, thank you Punishing Eye]
Ernst takes a deep breath before snapping his fingers. Far far away, Stocke vanishes [Dismiss - Free Action] and then reassembles [Thx Aodhan for refreshing that encounter power - Minor] Stocke's Siren blares as it waddles down the hall pointing a double barrelled shotgun right at Romana. [Magic Weapon]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 18 ( Total: 44.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 10 [Total: 36.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 80.0, Avg: 14.00
Ernst rolled 3d8+13 and got 3, 6, 7 ( Total: 29.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hits!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Ernst moves closer so he's in range to do interrupts on Phyllis.
Aleith|DM: And this time she doesn't [Feign Death]
Zane: "Hah! Fucking Stocke. Good shooting, Ernst!"
Ernst: "Nah. That was all the RHC Mascot."
Aleith|DM: Ob Squad E advances, loading their rifles.
Aleith|DM: Bleak Lantern Golem E strides back into the aura! [Double Move]
Aleith|DM: Golem C fires its Tracer Cannon at Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 13 ( Total: 36 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: 40 damage, and Gerald is blinded (SE)!
Gerald‘ [disruptive shot]
Aleith|DM: Oh :(
Gerald` rolled d20+26 and got 4 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: hm can I ray of repirsal that
[OOC] Aleith|DM: there’s a wall in the way
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: probably not you're a billion miles away bah
Gerald: "HOLY FUCK why did they send in HEAVY ARTILLERY as a BREACHING UNIT?!"
Zane: "Because it does a number on the walls they want to breach."
Gerald: "And also my goddamn eyes!:
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 41:Bleak Killer D | 38:Chandrasekhar | 38:Phyllis | 38:Bleak Killer A | 37:Bleak Killer C | 31:Garrett | 31:Jillian | 29:Gerald | 26:Flayed Jaguar | 22:Ernst | 22:Aodhan | 22:Harkover |
Aleith|DM: Round 12!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane turns away now that he's heard Romana hit the floor. "*Your* eyes? You have NO IDEA how much I don't want to hear that shit right now…" And then he hurls himself forward, sliding to a stop just in front of the jaguar, bobbing and weaving as the Arsenal flows into the shape of a kukri. [move, charge] Why yes, his eyes are in fact closed. And covered in blood.
Zane rolled d20+25 and got 9 ( Total: 34 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar might be staring at Zane.
Gerald: "Oh wah wah the guy that can at least rely on HIS SENSE OF HEARING to fight in a melee is crying about being VISUALLY DEFICIENT to the FUCKING SNIPER!!"
Killer B will be snoring for quite some time it seems.
Zane rolled 2d6+20 and got 5, 5 ( Total: 30.0 ) for Furious Assasult and Assassin Strike
Also rolled 2d8 and got 5, 8 [Total: 13 (High), Avg: 6.50]
Gerald: "I can't smell a targetr a mile out like some kind of flipping bloodhound!!!!:
Also rolled 4d10 and got 5, 10, 10, 6 [Total: 31 (High), Avg: 7.75]
Total: 74.0, Avg: 6.75
Zane: "Not my fault you over-specialized!"
Chandrasekhar laughs!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 74! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Killer D snarls as it's held in place.
Aleith|DM: Killer A steps towards the king before Clawing at him again.
Ernst: "Well, if you get your ass down here I can remove the blind. You're too far at the moment."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 3 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Phyllis!
Phyllis brandishes her orb in the direction of the still conscious killers behind her. [Mass Charm] "Run back and have a sparring match amongst yourselves."
Chandrasekhar keeps the jaguar's attention off of Zane! [Virtuous Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+25 and got 15 ( Total: 40 ) for vs. 33
Phyllis: The conscious killers make MBAs at each other.
Phyllis: No attack roll or anything, This Just Happens.
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+9 and got 3 ( Total: 12 ) for radiant, vuln 5 radiant UEONT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: wait +7 to that
Phyllis steps forward and conjures [Mage Hand] by the Jaguar, as well.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 15 ( Total: 38 ) for C vs D
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 3 ( Total: 30 ) for D vs C
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!] damage to D and ongoing 10 damage/blinded! [SE both
Aleith|DM: Bleak Killer C stands up and moves closer.
Aleith|DM: Garrett! Jillian!
Aleith|DM: Jillian takes a swing at Killer A!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+24 and got 4 ( Total: 28 ) for Flanking
Aleith|DM: Missing
Garrett‘ sidles up next to Chandrasekhar and stabs the jaguar! [Piercing Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+28 and got 16 ( Total: 44 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+22 and got 2 ( Total: 24 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 6, 3, 3 [Total: 12]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 36
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 36!
Garrett` lets out a huff of breath. [EoT]
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
[OOC] Garrett: oh plus punishing eye damage
Gerald` squints out at the yard, spends a few seconds remembering what the rest of the party has been doing, then groans and [Double Move]s across the roof before dropping down the hole Garrett made easier. Fuck those ranged attacks.
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for save
Aleith|DM: There’s a shot from the south shortly after Amielle Latimer floats down through the roof. Killer A drops. [12! KO!]
Ernst: "So uh… how come she can fly and I can't?"
Zane: "She's a ghost. You have all that pesky living flesh to haul around."
Aleith|DM: The dire jaguar attempts to claw Chandrasekhar again.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 2 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM: Missing again!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 10!] from the palace itself.
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Aodhan! Harkover!
Ernst fires a [Bond of Transference] at the Jaguar. He also moves (As does Stocke)
Ernst rolled d20+25 and got 19 ( Total: 44.0 ) for vs Fort
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+11 and got 7, 6 ( Total: 24.0 ) for Transfer Zanes blind and ongoing 10
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 30!
Ernst considers before tossing Phyllis 25 THP from that level 2 utility. Because he has a minor still….
Phyllis gives him a nod.
Zane: Harkover blasts the Jaguar for thirty points of fiery dart goodness and the kill, and then a much less impressive 4 damage to killer C. that insubstantial asshole.
Aodhan hurls a dagger at Killer C as well, before moving down to refresh Garrett and possible Chandra's powers.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+23 and got 20 ( Total: 43 )
Aleith|DM: Crit!
[OOC] Gerald: oh sure crit now
[OOC] Gerald: 10] :|
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [4! 5!
Garrett: "Ahhhhhhhh." He flips a dagger around in his right hand. "Now I can fight off another hundred of them."
Ernst: "So… turn off the lantern or deal with all the stuff chasing us down so they don’t surprise us in the west wing?"
Zane: "I like turning it off, assuming you can then snap the handle so it stays off."
Aleith|DM: Several forces advance.
Gerald: "Hmm."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 41:Bleak Killer D | 38:Chandrasekhar | 38:Phyllis | 37:Bleak Killer C | 31:Garrett | 31:Jillian | 29:Gerald | 26:Flayed Jaguar | 22:Ernst | 22:Aodhan | 22:Harkover |
Phyllis: "I mean, we're expecting it this time."
Aleith|DM: Round 13!
Ernst: "I'm reasonably confident that only those versed in Arcana can alter it easily. So long as there isn't another professor symphathizer we've never met before we should be okay."
Ernst: "Stocke had vision on the far east lamp for quite a while and nobody turned it back on."
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane spends a minute rubbing at his face before moving past Phyllis and taking up a defensive stance between the other enemies and his friends. [Move, Total Defense. 8 combat dice. Entering Alert Stance]
Zane rolled d20+0 and got 11 ( Total: 11 )
Zane gets his eyes mostly-clean and open. "There, finally!"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: what weapon?
Zane shifts the Arsenal into a bastard sword.
Aleith|DM: Bleak Killer D dashes forward, beside Zane. [Double Move]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
Zane slashes it in the face. [Warding Strike. 7 dice remaining]
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Phyllis!
Zane rolled d20+25 and got 19 ( Total: 44 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 1d10+20 and got 6 ( Total: 26.0 ) for poison damage, fuck your insubstantial :D
Also rolled 2d8 and got 3, 6 [Total: 9 (Avg), Avg: 4.50]
Total: 35.0, Avg: 5.00
Phyllis steps next to Zane and sends a scintillating shower of sparks along the hallway. [Color Spray]
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+24(1) and got 7 ( Total: 31.0 ) for C then D, vs Will
Also rolled 2#d20+24(2) and got 14 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 69.0, Avg: 10.50
Phyllis rolled d6+14 and got 6 ( Total: 20.0 ) for Radiant damage, Dazed UEoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 35! 20!] Bleak Killer D is no longer insubstantial or invisible!
Aleith|DM: Killer C turns invisible as soon as it steps onto Phyllis' shadow before Clawing at her!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 13 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM: 20 damage, as well as blinded and ongoing 10 damage (SE both)!
Aleith|DM: Garrett! Jillian!
Chandrasekhar runs up to Zane and gives him [healing surge] THP! [Lay on Hands]
Phyllis bristles with anger.
Zane: "Thanks, Singh."
Garrett‘ focuses on the palace, listening to the movements of the hordes… he pushes up two 15-foot columns in the way. [Move] [Minor]
Garrett` then starts heading west down the hallway. [Standard -> Move]
Aleith|DM: Jillian tosses a Green Smite at both concious Killers.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 13 ( Total: 33.0 ) for C, D
d20+22: 11 [Total: 33.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 66.0, Avg: 12.00
Aleith|DM: Both are restrained (DC22)! [5!] [5!]
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` fucks around with the lamp as he has nothing better to do with his standard, then moves back towards the hallway.
Gerald` rolled d20+10 and got 6 ( Total: 16 ) for arcana
Aleith|DM: Nothing happens.
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 18 ( Total: 18 ) for save
Aleith|DM: You’re pretty sure Amielle can't even see Bleak Killer D as she shoots it through the wall. [12! KO!]
Aleith|DM: You hear some glass shatter as Ob Squad C moves next to the palace.
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Aodhan! Harkover!
Aodhan refreshes Gerald before moving up and hurling a dagger at the assassin.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+25 and got 15 ( Total: 40 )
[OOC] Gerald: 10
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 5!] even with the invisibility!
Zane: Harkover steps back and blasts the assassin for 10. Insubstantial is the worst.
Ernst makes his way forward [Move] before snapping his fingers again. Gerald, Garrett and Ernst can slide 5. [Slick Concoctation - Minor] He then attempts to turn off the lamp.
Ernst rolled d20+26 and got 16 ( Total: 42.0 )
Aleith|DM: All of the enemy forces in sight wink out as the field around the lantern shrinks to just around it.
Stocke also moves forward.
Garrett` sliiiiiiiiides down the hall!
Ernst: "Middle and east wings are clear. How many VIPs do you reckon are in west?"
Zane: "Only one way to find out. That’s where the panic room is anyway, apparently."
Phyllis: "Not out loud. Opsec."
Gerald: "Wasn't me!"
Zane shrugs. "I'm pretty sure I can trust the king, his bodyguard, and the green knight. And if someone in the vault has been mysteriously shot through a solid wall, I'll kill the ghost lady for it."
Aleith|DM: With all but one lantern mostly taken care of, you head west to look for any remaining lanterns. You run into some more wraith hordes along the way, but as you're dealing with the second one, Asrabey Varal shows up to help take it down. Turns out he was at the palace, and was resting in the Archdruid's room when the commotion started. Harkover and the King forgot to mention him, what with an assassination attempt to deal with.
Zane: "…"
Aleith|DM: You find one more lantern outside the Marble Hall, and take down the defenders and then shut down the lantern.
Gerald: "Man, we just can't help but run into one another, no matter where in the world we are!"
Asrabey: "Both of our duties tie us to Risur."
Gerald‘ loads a rocket onto his blaster, firing it into the crowd surrounding the last lantern while waving at Asrabey.
Zane is carrying Romanas corpse. Well, probably more ’dragging it by the heel' but he's not letting it out of his sight just in case.
Aleith|DM: As you take down the last lantern, Minister of Infiltration Lauryn Cyneburg teleports in and helps you take down the defenders briefly, gets a quick status report, and says she'll be back with the army 'just in case'.
Gerald: "So who feels like casting that spell that lets us locate people, like our good friend Lyra?"
Aleith|DM: The army shows up 5 minutes later, though by then you're debriefing.
Ernst: "I was kind of hoping we could be sipping on some coffee when the army arrives but if you insist Phyllis or I can probably work up a ritual."
Gerald: "Fuck that I want to shoot her before she even gets here, I finally got the all clear for it!"
Aleith|DM: The guests in the palace vault include former-Duchess Ethelyn as well as Nathan Jierre.
Phyllis: "Long distance scrying or short distance magical perception?"
Zane has already found some rope and has Romana hanging from the roof by the time the army gets there. Along with a little placard that says 'CONSPIRATOR' and 'TRAITOR' in big bloody letters.
Gerald: "Whatever's faster and most likely to - Oh wait hold up."
Gerald‘ tilts his head toward Nathan, before leveling his blaster at him. "Where’s your sister and why are you here?"
Phyllis puts a hand on Gerald's shoulder. "House arrest. Are you daft?"
Nathan: "…I'm under house arrest?"
Ernst raises a hand to his forehead.
Nathan: "And I don't know where my cousin is."
Zane: "You know how Gerald is, guys. This can't be surprising."
Ernst: "We had everything setup to look badass in front of the army and then he comes out with that when they get here."
Zane is eyeing Nathan and the former Duchess like a wolf looking at little lost lambs. There's more rope…
Gerald: "Man I'm just saying, the rest of their family is in on it."
Gerald: "Magic then!"
Aleith|DM: Aodhan orders the guards and the soldiers that setup into defensive positions. Well, the (few) remaining guards mostly get to rest right now. He also sends for as many healers as possible.
Phyllis nods at the Duchess. "Your suspicions on the island were right. But now we actually have the … what's the word."
Phyllis: "Due cause to go to war with Danor."
Phyllis: "Han shot first."
Garrett‘ glances over at Phyllis.
Garrett: "She’s right."
Aodhan: "Yes, Flint was being invaded by their navy shortly before the attack started…"
Gerald: "I'm goin' up to the roof to see if I can spot the people in charge through the spyglass, let me know if your spell finds them first."
Zane: "Guess we better get our asses moving, then. All my stuff is in Flint."
Zane looks at the king. "Are those, uh, peerages valid still?"
Gerald: "… FUCK right gods dammit bleak gate stupid shit MAGIC IS THE WORST!"
Zane: "When you made us dukes, I mean."
Gerald: "FIGHT ON A SINGLE PLANE OF EXISTANCE YOU COWARDS!"
Aodhan: "I need to call a short session with the lords of Risur. Both for that and to confirm Mr. Woodson as my successor."
Phyllis: "Ah. So even if we could see them, we … would have no way of attacking them on this plane. Right, Gerald?"
Aodhan: "Harkover, make sure the Impossible is ready for departure in the next couple of hours. We'll need to move quickly."
Gerald: "Yeah I just realized why exactly that was working."
Harkover sends a couple of soldiers off with orders.
Garrett: "(Oh, man, that's still going through, huh.)"
Chandrasekhar: "Heh."
Chandrasekhar pats Garrett on the shoulder.
Aleith|DM: The lords are hurriedly called together, and half an hour later you stand before many of the nobles in the nation.
Zane: "Hey, think I can get an estate? Out in the, uh, the marshes? That would be… useful."
Aleith|DM: He begins with the announcement of your joining the peerage as dukes and a duchess as a reward for ample service to Risur as a whole and for helping save his life tonight.
Aleith|DM: After that, he names Garrett Woodson as his successor for the crown, then asks each of you to speak on behalf of Garrett.
Zane: "Agent Woodson is a good man to have at your back, on and off the battlefield. If he watches out for his country half as well as he watches out for this squad, we're in good hands."
Gerald: "Garrett's a pretty cool guy, he stopped a civil war from errupting between nobles in The Dreaming from errupting by pulling a bard everyone thought was dead out of a hat and mediating."
Chandrasekhar waxes eloquent about his companion - it's short but intense and weird, but he's a fey and what did they expect - circling around the fact that no one person could /understand/ Risur and its cities and land as intimately and intuitively as could Garrett, that he is inspired by the spirit of civilisation itself in its noblest forms… (He cuts himself off before he gets TOO weird though.)
Phyllis clears her throat. "For as long as I've known Garrett, he has had a natural gift for speechcraft and diplomacy. He seems to innately know what lies in the hearts of whoever he speaks to. He has talents that, as accomplished of a wizard that I am, an envious of. I anticipate he will similarly know how to resonate with the heart of our nation as a whole."
Aleith|DM: After your testimonies, the nobles vote mostly in favour, and Garrett Woodson is appointed as Aodhan's successor. Aodhan will keep his crown for now, but just in case…
Aleith|DM: After the session is convened half an hour later, the R.N.S. Impossible is ready to go down the Great Delve River to bring you to Flint.
Aleith|DM: For your assistance, the King awards you each 400,000 gp worth of treasure from the palace vault as well.
Garrett‘ bows to the assembled lords. "I accept this title and duty in the name of Risur, from now until forever, may the day break the dawn, long live the king."
Phyllis: "How acutely are you aware of the threat that’s actually facing us, Aodhan?"
Aodhan: "We had a couple more reports from Flint since the first one. The fleet in Flint had already sailed west to meet the Danoran fleet due to 'intelligence' from Governor Stanfield before my warning could be passed along this morning after Agent Bieito's arrived here. The Danoran fleet seemed to be undamaged when it arrived and began beseiging the city. They've taken over the docks."
Aodhan: "Aside from that, we don't know too much. You said Stanfield is going to be doing some kind of ritual in the city?"
Phyllis: "Hm. I don't mean strictly military."
Zane: "Stanfield." He sneers. "We'll see how much ritual he'll be doing after I've removed his hands."
Chandrasekhar: "Might want to take his tongue, too, just to be safe."
Harkover: "The King and I will be going with you to the city to see what's happening in Flint. Viscount Prince-Hill will manage things in the capital for the moment."
Zane: "And his eyes. And probably his feet, at the ankles. Reincarnation only saves him if I let him die."
Garrett‘ smiles and glances to the side. "More like we’re still going with you, but- I get it."
Harkover shrugs. "It is basically your city."
Phyllis: "I mean, um. Things on the planar scale. Not just that of nations."
Phyllis: "But yes, that is the more pressing conflict."
Aodhan: "From your report on the Obscurati's convocation, this ritual is part of their grand plan as best we can figure."
Phyllis: "I'll have a more detailed report when we catch more of a break, at least."
Phyllis: "If we do."
Phyllis: "… though we should probably raise that skyseer and inform him of my theory as to why they can't see the future anymore."
Aodhan: "It's fine. He may not wish to come back."
Phyllis glances at Garrett, then shrugs.
Phyllis: "In the meantime, now that we can break the Obscurati's scrying defenses, I think it would be prudent if I divined what Stanfield is up to now."
Aleith|DM: As the Impossible sets out from Flint, you feel a change in the air. Winds gust, and you feel like the world is shuddering beneath you.
Aleith|DM: You reach level 22.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License