Zg Session 90

Aleith|DM: Garrett can sense multiple hostiles around you, including a giant animated dragon skeleton, another group and a lantern on the roof above room 11, and some more in the garden nearby.
Gerald: "They put a LOT of fucking armor around the lanterns this time. Guess someone remembered what happened on the train."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 38:Phyllis | 38:Chandrasekhar | 36:Garrett | 31:Ernst | 31:Gillian | 31:Wraith Horde G | 30:G.Council Detach. | 29:Gerald | 24:Ghost Council. B | 23:CatherineRomana | 22:Aodhan | 22:Harkover | 19:Ghost Council. A | 13:Wraith Horde H |
Ernst: "So, do we have an objective here or are we just staying put and protecting the king?"
Aleith|DM: Round 1! Zane!
Gerald: "Kill everything in sight. Prioritze taking out the lanterns if you can, they're either going to let them 'port in an army and/or are keeping us from magicing, so."
Harkover: "I agree on the lanterns. From the reports, we've got less than 5 minutes before they will transition us into the Bleak Gate."
Gerald: "It's not the first time they've used that tactic yeah."
Zane: "Hang on I have my orders!"
Zane lunges at Romana, the Arsenal flickering into the shape of a longsword.
Zane rolled d20+25 and got 9 ( Total: 34 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 3d8+12 and got 7, 7, 7 ( Total: 33.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33!
[OOC] Zane: LUCKY SEVENS WUT WUT
Aleith|DM: Phyllis! Chandrasekhar!
Phyllis: Phyllis' expression as she sees Catherine leading the charge here is initially one of fury, but soon changes to mirth. Amidst some snickers, she manages to emit "Oh, this is too -funny-," with her voice gaining an edge and her mouth turning into a wicked, manic grin as she leers at Catherine, brandishing her orb. [Color Spray].
Phyllis rolled 3#d20+24(1) and got 8 ( Total: 32.0 ) for Catherine, Councilor B, Detachment
Also rolled 3#d20+24(2) and got 7 [Total: 31.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+24(3) and got 14 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 101.0, Avg: 9.67
Aleith|DM: Miss, miss, hit!
[OOC] Phyllis: I can probably mage hand for CA whoops
[OOC] Aleith|DM: that would turn one of those misses into a hit, yes
[OOC] Gerald: you have CA vs everything this round from my ability
[OOC] Phyllis: OH
[OOC] Aleith|DM: oh right that's true
Aleith|DM: All hits!
Phyllis rolled d6+14 and got 2 ( Total: 16.0 ) for Radiant damage, Dazed UEoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 16!] [KO!] [31! Radiant attacks bypass insubstantial!
Phyllis: "You realize that your dear leader, Nicodemus, saw you and the rest of your faction as … unworthy of living, much less of allowing into the new world he would have created?"
Phyllis: "Shortly before things went south with McBannin and the other ghost."
Chandrasekhar prays for [Virtue], then teleports in front of Phyllis and drops a [Castigating Strike] on the Ghost Council Detachment!
Zane: "Man, I hate doing that assholes light work. But orders is orders."
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+25 and got 17 ( Total: 42 ) for vs AC 32
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+9 and got 4, 5, 4 ( Total: 22 ) for sanctions every enemy within 3 squares
Catherine: "I was able to convince Cula into letting me go to plan this assassination."
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: radiant damage btw
Phyllis: "This assassination, sure. But he keeps people close until they're no longer useful."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 11!
Phyllis: "Ask Kasvarina."
Gerald: "Seriously!"
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Gerald: "How are all you smart people so fucking dumb."
Garrett flicks a dagger at Romana! [Sly Flourish]
Phyllis rolled d20+26 and got 12 ( Total: 38.0 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled d4+27 and got 3 ( Total: 30.0 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 7, 5, 5 [Total: 17 (High), Avg: 5.67]
Total: 47.0, Avg: 5.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 47! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Phyllis: "Essentially. I find it laughable that you mock the common people as weak-willed and dependent, when you're in the same situation with your own master that sees you as disposable."
Ernst makes his way over to Gerald placing a hand on his gun as he peeks out the window. "Guess we should be dealing with the stuff outside too, huh?" [Lightning Sigil - +9 DMG, crit = daze, end effect at any time as free action to daze.] [Fleeting Dweomer - +6 Force damage, crits give ongoing 10 force damage (save ends)]
Phyllis: "The age of the fey titans may well be coming to an end."
Phyllis: "But your age of reason is merely a change of masters."
Gerald: "Ayup."
Phyllis levels her blade, pointing it straight in Catherine's direction. "What the people need isn't a leader, it's a liberator. Someone to free them from those who would otherwise exploit and manipulate them."
Phyllis: "You underestimate the character of man."
Dame Jillian stands guard beside the king, sending flowered vines to entangle Ghost Councilor A! [Green Smite]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 19 ( Total: 39 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: The ghost councilor dissipates! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Another horde of wraiths enters Garrett's termorsense, heading towards you.
Aleith|DM: The ghost council detachment shuffles forward slowly, hunched, glaring wide-eyed at you as they unleash a long, eerie moan. [Oppressive Moan]
Chandrasekhar: "…and overestimate the character of any proposed leader. Your philosopher-king does not exist. Perfection will not come to be just because you wish it so."
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+23(1) and got 10 ( Total: 33.0 ) for vs Fort, Chanra, Phyllis, Zane
Also rolled 3#d20+23(2) and got 16 [Total: 39.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+23(3) and got 5 [Total: 28.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 100.0, Avg: 10.33
Zane aint scared of no ghost…
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+10 and got 5, 6 ( Total: 21.0 )
Aleith|DM: 21 thunder damage to Chandra and Phyllis, and they're knocked prone! Zane takes 10 thunder damage!
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+23(1) and got 11 ( Total: 34.0 ) for vs Will, Chandra, Phyllis, Zane
[OOC] Phyllis: Stand Your Ground]!
Also rolled 3#d20+23(2) and got 13 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+23(3) and got 13 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 106.0, Avg: 12.33
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 16 ( Total: 16 ) for save against prone
[OOC] Zane: Being a dwarf RULES
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+10 and got 5, 5 ( Total: 20.0 )
Aleith|DM: 20 psychic damage to Phyllis and Zane, and both are weakened (SE)!
[OOC] Zane: what the hell was that :O
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: it makes two attacks as part of that move
Gerald‘ lets off another [Twin Shot] at the outside lantern.
[OOC] Zane: Oh gross
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+28(1) and got 16 ( Total: 44 )
Also rolled 2#d20+28(2) and got 14 [Total: 42]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 86
[OOC] Aleith|DM: The weakening effect is a Fear effect for the record
Gerald` rolled 2#3d10r2+25(1) and got 9, 8, 7 ( Total: 49.0 )
Also rolled 2#3d10r2+25(2) and got 8, 7, 4 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 6.33]
Total: 93.0, Avg: 7.17
Aleith|DM: Hits! [93!]
Gerald: "Haugh, seriously?! Okay one more should do it."
Aleith|DM: The wraith horde by the lantern seems to be moving toward you now…
Aleith|DM: King Aodhan gets winged by a shot. [1!]
Aodhan: "…I think that came from the southwest…?"
Chandrasekhar: "Then we’ll kill everything to the southwest as well, my lord."
Aleith|DM: Catherine Romana's pet cat disappears, but a larger one manifests beside Zane. [Summon Puma]
Zane grunts. "They gotta get in line like everybody else."
Aleith|DM: And then tries to bite the constable.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 17 ( Total: 44 ) for CA
Aleith|DM: 14 damage, and Zane is slowed UEoNT!
Aleith|DM: Aodhan! Harkover!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: so Ice and Sam?
Harkover stays close to the king and flicks a handful ot fire darts at Catherine and the Puma! [The cat takes 4, she takes 16]
Aleith|DM: The puma disappears!
Aodhan runs down south, before pulling out a knife and flicking it towards the ghost. [Dagger Flick]. He then draws his sword, running between the ghosts and Ramona as he swings about whildly [Whirlwind or Rampage], running back towards Jilian, taking a swipe at the cat as he goes.
Gerald‘ rolled 3#d20+27(1) and got 19 ( Total: 46 )
Also rolled 3#d20+27(2) and got 7 [Total: 34]
Also rolled 3#d20+27(3) and got 6 [Total: 33]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 113
Gerald` rolled 2d8+20 and got 3, 5 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Hits!
[OOC] Gerald: 10] from the dagger. Aodhan then laughs as flame spirits engulf the ghost. [Ongoing 10 fire
Aleith|DM: The ghost council takes [7!] [2!] and ongoing 10 fire (SE!)
Aleith|DM: Catherine Romana takes [28!] and drops! [KO!]
Garrett` sneers.
Garrett` . o O (That’s a fake Catherine. There's another that popped up down the west hallway.)
Aleith|DM: Obscurati A takes aim at Gerald and Ernst and lets loose a Rifle Fusillade.
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 9 ( Total: 32.0 ) for Cover for both
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 11 [Total: 34.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 66.0, Avg: 10.00
Phyllis . o O ( Oh, GOOD. I had more to say to her. )
Phyllis: She actually sounds delighted at that.
Aleith|DM: 15 damage to Ernst!
Ernst clicks his tongue annoyed. "Surprised they can even hit me from over there."
Zane: "Rub some dirt in it, rook. We're on the clock."
Aleith|DM: The bleak lantern golem nearby also advances towards you, a cannon mounted at its right hip firing, the explosion lighting up the sky breifly. [Integrated 'Tracer' Cannon]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+21(1) and got 1 ( Total: 22.0 ) for vs Reflex, Cover for Ernst and Gerald
Also rolled 2#d20+21(2) and got 10 [Total: 31.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 53.0, Avg: 5.50
Aleith|DM: Both Ernst and Gerald take 20 damage and are blinded until the end of the golem's next turn!
Gerald‘ deflects most of that shot that hit Ernst for good measure. [-13]
Gerald: "Gross."
Aleith|DM: Wraith Horde H moves closer.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 38:Phyllis | 38:Chandrasekhar | 36:Garrett | 31:Ernst | 31:Jillian | 31:Wraith Horde G | 30:G.Council Detach. | 30:Wraith Horde A | 29:Gerald | 23:CatherineRomana | 23:ObscuratiSquad A | 22:Aodhan | 22:Harkover | 16:Bleak Golem A | 13:Wraith Horde H |
Aleith|DM: Round 2! Zane!
Zane moves toward the ghost councillors, the Arsenal flickering into a long-bladed dagger. He drives the blade into a pouch on his belt before weaving and darting among the spectral forms. [Move, Minor to Black Lotus Extract the Arsenal, spending two combat dice to make my attack close burst 1]
Zane rolled d20+25 and got 4 ( Total: 29 )
[OOC] Zane: boo :(
Aleith|DM: Misses!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis repositions her Mage Hand and turns back to shout. "Even if it’s too bright, keep your aim true, Gerald! We have to get those lanterns out no matter what!" [Make It So]
[OOC] Phyllis: end of turn
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Zane you want a free saving throw?
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for save vs weakened
Phyllis: give it to zane, weakened is massively not as big a deal for me as it is him ))
Chandrasekhar stands up, maintains his engagement with the Ghost Council [Ardent Strike] and shouts words of encourageemnt at Zane! [Divine Mettle - Make a saving throw with +4 bonus]
Dicebot:// Multiple Dice Error: Unable to parse +25 in +25
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+25 and got 5 ( Total: 30 ) for vs.AC 32
[OOC] Phyllis: counting CA? Mage Hand is adjacent
[OOC] Gerald: Pyllis has the hand out so CA for +2
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: oh yay
Aleith|DM: //Hit!

[OOC] Zane: I could definitely use a free save
[OOC] Aleith|DM: make another at +4 then
Zane rolled d20+4 and got 17 ( Total: 21 )
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+9 and got 3 ( Total: 12 ) for radiant, divine sanction
[OOC] Zane: YEEEEAH
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 6!
[OOC] Phyllis: but it's radiant, doesn't that ignore the council's insubstantial?
[OOC] Phyllis: OH no, that's the melee ranged resist
Aleith|DM: Half damage from melee/ranged
[OOC] Phyllis: ignore me
[OOC] Aleith|DM: I was waiting for someone to ask anyway lol
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ gauges the ghost council detatchment [Free Action - Frost dagger turns to Regular Dagger] before flicking it at them! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+28 and got 12 ( Total: 40 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d4+20 and got 4 ( Total: 24 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 7, 6, 4 [Total: 17]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 41
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 10!
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst places a contraption on the windowsill and Stocke assembles in front of him. He then smiles at Gerald. "Can’t see shit at the moment, but I'm confident you've got this. Holler if you need a hand." He then makes his way towards Garrett and enhances his weapon with a [Vorpal Edge - Crit++] An infusion is tossed on Zane and immediately activated. [+45 THP to Phyllis and Zane, +22 THP to Ernst]
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
Gerald: "I wouldn't say no to a forcefield either."
Ernst does survey the outside with Stockes vision though.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: no new information than what you saw already
Aleith|DM: Dame Jillian moves forward, holding up a hand and sending a blast of Solar Turning at the Ghost Council Detachment.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 7 ( Total: 27 ) for Vs Will
Aleith|DM: The ghost council tries to spirit away with Chandrasekhar! [Carry Off]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 5 ( Total: 28 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+20 and got 3, 2 ( Total: 25.0 )
Aleith|DM: 25 necrotic damage, and Chandrasekhar is grabbed (escape DC 25) as the ghost council flies away! [OA from Zane]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: OA from Chandra too
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+25 and got 16 ( Total: 41 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+9 and got 3 ( Total: 12 ) for +2 to saving throws USONT not that it actually matters lol
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: radiant
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 6!
Zane rolled d20+25 and got 16 ( Total: 41 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 1d6+20 and got 5 ( Total: 25.0 ) for ignores insubstantial and poison resist :D
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12!
Aleith|DM: Wraith Horde A moves up and reaches for Gerald through the shattered windows!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+26 and got 13 ( Total: 39 ) for -2 for Cover, +2 for CA
Aleith|DM: 20 damage and Gerald is pulled closer to it, onto the window frame!
Gerald‘ [Disruptive Shot] auto-hits
Aleith|DM: Well, I guess it doesn’t hit then. 2nd roll for the shotgun?
Gerald‘ rolled d20+20 and got 12 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Gerald` rolled d8+32 and got 5 ( Total: 37 ) for and it misses, and then 6 more from auto fire… which is area….
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18! 21!
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald: "Ugh I should take care of this shit then get the lantern."
Gerald` marks the horde as his [Quarry](?????), shifts back, then lets off a [Twin Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 9 ( Total: 29 )
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 11 [Total: 31]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 60
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 19 ( Total: 39 )
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 13 [Total: 33]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 72
Gerald` rolled 5d8+32 and got 7, 2, 5, 7, 4 ( Total: 57 ) for +21 more
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 5d8?
[OOC] Gerald: double hit + quarry, 1, 2, 2
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33 < 34
[OOC] Gerald: oh my bad. not that it matters.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 28! 21! KO!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: yeah it’s a bit less damage but not enough
Aleith|DM: Garrett senses Catherine retreat into the room with the giant animated skeleton
Aleith|DM: Obscurati Squad A moves closer, reloading their rifles as they move.
Aleith|DM: Aodhan!
Aodhan rushes up and slashes through the horde, after chucking a dagger, and then moves back to where he started.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 19 ( Total: 44 )
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 7 [Total: 32]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 76
[OOC] Gerald: 10] :|
[OOC] Aleith|DM: horde or detachment?
[OOC] Gerald: horde
Aleith|DM rolled d20+26 and got 9 ( Total: 35 ) for OA from the Horde
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+20 and got 6, 6 ( Total: 32.0 )
[OOC] Gerald: I can assure you, I stopped outside of threat range and then did bouncing movement from there
[OOC] Aleith|DM: moving out would still draw an OA
Aleith|DM: 32 necrotic damage and the king is grabbed! The horde still takes [5!] damage!
Aleith|DM: Harkover!
Harkover hurls a ball of flame past Aodhan into the room beyond where it explodes violently. [Consuming Fireball]
Zane rolled d20+23 and got 19 ( Total: 42 ) for vs Reflex
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 5d6+32 and got 1, 5, 1, 5, 4 ( Total: 48.0 ) for adding in the vulnerability
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 48! Bloodied!
He then moves beside Aodhan again.
Aleith|DM: Bleak Golem A stomps forward, reloading its hip cannon.
Aleith|DM: Horde H moves forward, attacking all in sight! [Engulfing Claws]
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+26(1) and got 20 ( Total: 46.0 ) for vs AC, Chandrasekhar, Phyllis, Zane, Jillian
Also rolled 4#d20+26(2) and got 18 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+26(3) and got 1 [Total: 27.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+26(4) and got 10 [Total: 36.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 153.0, Avg: 12.25
Aleith|DM: 20 damage to Chandra, Phyllis, and Jillian! They’re pulled closer!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 38:Phyllis | 38:Chandrasekhar | 36:Garrett | 31:Ernst | 31:Jillian | 31:Wraith Horde G | 30:G.Council Detach. | 29:Gerald | 23:CatherineRomana | 23:ObscuratiSquad A | 22:Aodhan | 22:Harkover | 16:Bleak Golem A | 13:Wraith Horde H |
Aleith|DM: Round 3! Zane!
Aleith|DM: Note that you grant Combat Advantage and take a -2 penalty to attack rolls for being adjacent to a Wraith Horde. And that they have threatening reach and the two spaces around them are difficult terrain.
Ernst scratches his head. "Given how high of an alert everyone was on before this, think it's safe to say all lanterns are outside?"
Zane whips his hand up and the Arsenal becomes a katana, just before he cleaves into the front ranks of the wraith horde. [MBA, 2 dice for close burst 1]
Phyllis: "Garrett can probably confirm with his senses."
[OOC] Zane: where did mage hand go? D:
Aleith|DM: Above Horde H
Garrett: "Give me a sec and there'll be a lantern inside."
[OOC] Phyllis: it's on top of it
[OOC] Zane: Oh OK cool
Zane rolled d20+25 and got 16 ( Total: 41 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 1d10+35 and got 1 ( Total: 36.0 ) for including vuln 15
Also rolled 2d8 and got 6, 5 [Total: 11 (High), Avg: 5.50]
Total: 47.0, Avg: 4.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 47! Bloodied!
Gerald: "Do you see the SIZE of these lanterns? Yeah, should all be outside."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis breathes deep, bracing herself for what may come. [Dwarven Resilience - Second Wind as a minor] Risky as it is, she assaults the Horde next to her with a [Winged Horde] of illusory fey creatures.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+26 and got 6 ( Total: 32 ) for OA
Phyllis rolled d20+27 and got 10 ( Total: 37.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Misses!
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled d6+11 and got 3 ( Total: 14.0 ) for Psychic, Area damage, target can't make OAs until UEoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
[OOC] Phyllis: Oh also +4 more from Runic Armor
[OOC] Phyllis: but not that that matters atm, but…
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: fuck a duck can someone take my turn for me this round
Phyllis moves north then follows up with another one at the Horde in the western room! [AP->Winged Horde]
Phyllis rolled d20+25 and got 9 ( Total: 34.0 ) for no CA this time
Aleith|DM: Still hits!
Phyllis rolled d6+15 and got 1 ( Total: 16.0 ) for Psychic, Area damage, target can't make OAs until UEoPNT
[OOC] Phyllis: and +15 more because Area oops
[OOC] Phyllis: … oh frick i'm still weakened
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for save vs weakened
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar shuffles up and burns the ghost council's corneas with a Corona of Blinding Radiance!
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+22 and got 4 ( Total: 26 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Miss! Half damage!
Garrett` rolled 3d8+24 and got 3, 5, 3 ( Total: 35 ) for added 15 vuln, radiant damage bypasses, blinded UEoNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 17!
[OOC] Garrett: also challenge/sanction I think
Aleith|DM: Challenge, yes
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for save vs ongoing fire
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett: "Time for lights out." He focuses on the palace around him, sensing the lantern on the roof. With a thought, the palace roof gives way, and begins to morph and writhe like a pulsing organ… [The City Marches To War]
[OOC] Garrett: open up the 4 spaces underneath the lantern
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10 and got 6, 2 ( Total: 8 )
Aleith|DM: The lantern falls to ground level, taking 8 damage!
Aleith|DM: Where are you placing the zone, exactly? It’ll hurt the monsters up there.
[OOC] Garrett: closer to ground level, I just wanted to open up the roof for now
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Area Burst 5 is still big enough to reach them ;-;
[OOC] Garrett: ok hang on
[OOC] Garrett: ok then 15 feet below ground level >_> I'm also going to use my move action to move it closer to me anyway
[OOC] Phyllis: might also be able to use some more line of sight space in the eastern passages
[OOC] Garrett: so technically they won't take damage
[OOC] Garrett: since they aren't starting turns in it
[OOC] Aleith|DM: okay
Garrett‘ then expends the rest of his mental effort this round to link up with Phyllis… . o O (This one? No.. wait, this one… and -that- one…)
Garrett` slides those walls marked with [X] into the ground!
Phyllis . o O ( That will do quite nicely. )
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Jillian!
Ernst activates his [Winged Boots - Minor] to save himself the trouble of turning them on when he actually needs them later. He then makes his way towards Gerald before firing off a [Magic Weapon] with his shotgun at the Wraith Horde (G). Stocke continues to run outside checking the perimeter.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 19 ( Total: 45.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 12 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 83.0, Avg: 15.50
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Ernst rolled 3d8+13 and got 3, 2, 2 ( Total: 20.0 ) for +4 to hit, +4 dmg, brutal 1 for Gerald
Gerald: "Awesome I should be able to shatter that thing outside with the extra kick, I think…"
Aleith|DM: Gillian advances on the Council, throwing up another Solar Turning!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 13 ( Total: 33 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Hit! [30 radiant!]
Ernst: "Based on what I see outside right now I’d reckon that we want to head towards the south entrance. There doesn't seem to be any lamps over here."
[OOC] Phyllis: And dazed until the end of her next turn
Aleith|DM: Ernst: Your boots' magic is surpressed.
[OOC] Ernst: What.
Aleith|DM: Yep.
Gerald: "Yeah I only saw the one in this direction."
[OOC] Ernst: Does that waste the daily or just the action?
Gerald: "Which I'll get to… shortly."
Aleith|DM: The daily.
Aleith|DM: The magic still activated but the effect is being surpressed.
Aleith|DM: Much like magical lighting and Chandrasekhar's invisibility…
Aleith|DM: The ghost council detachment reaches out to grasp at Chandrasekhar, spectral hands glowing with magic.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 15 ( Total: 38 ) for vs Reflex, Eldritch Grasp
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+20 and got 5, 1, 6 ( Total: 32.0 )
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar takes 32 lightning damage!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ gives an exsasperated sigh before laying into the golem outside with a [Qurry] [Pounding Barrage]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 10 ( Total: 39 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 2 [Total: 31]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 70
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 19 ( Total: 48 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 4 [Total: 33]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 81
Ernst: "Gerald… you know if you just shot the lantern the golem might disappear, right?"
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 8 ( Total: 37 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 3 [Total: 32]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 69
Gerald: "huh?" The second two shot swirve away from the golem and into the lantern, because he can do that.
Aleith|DM: 1 hit! 1 hit! 1 hit!
Aleith|DM: Oh. 2 hits for the middle one then.
Ernst: "I’m not sure on the radius of the larger ones, but when they shatter they'll return to the bleak gate if they aren't by another one. They functioned that way with the smaller models."
Gerald‘ rolled 3d8+38 and got 1, 5, 7 ( Total: 51 ) for quarry and auto fire for roll one, other two into lantern
Phyllis: "It’s why the Spatial Lock functioned so well."
Also rolled 3d8+32 and got 8, 1, 2 [Total: 43]
d8+32: 4 [Total: 36]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 130
Gerald: "Must've forgot I usually just blew them up."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 51!
[OOC] Gerald: shit I'm bad
Gerald‘ rolled d8 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Gerald` rolled d8 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
[OOC] Gerald: +8 more to the golem if it’s relevant
Aleith|DM: The lantern collapses!
Aleith|DM: …nothing seems to really change except you can't see the cannons and some of the distant undead anymore.
Ernst: "I want to say there's one more lantern on the northwest side based on what's disappearing right now."
Gerald: "Okay well."
Ernst: "I know northeast is clear from Stocke."
Gerald: "When we get shot in the face by another one of those cannon blasts,"
Gerald: "Just remember this exchange happened!"
Phyllis: "Either that, or the up close assault forces have personal devices. The lantern might be in support for the army at large."
Aleith|DM: Well, rough estimate, but the area that winked out was about 200 feet out from the lantern…
Aleith|DM: Ob Squad A sends another Rifle Fusillade through the windows…
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+25(1) and got 2 ( Total: 27.0 ) for Ernst, Aodhan, Harkover
Also rolled 3#d20+25(2) and got 10 [Total: 35.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+25(3) and got 9 [Total: 34.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 96.0, Avg: 7.00
Aleith|DM: They all miss!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: +2 defences saves the day
[OOC] Zane: Dame Jillin is best waifu
Aleith|DM: Aodhan! Harkover!
[OOC] Zane: I got the council
Harkover flicks four flaming darts at the council and then one out the window at the fusilier team.
Aleith|DM: The squad is bloodied!
Aleith|DM: The ghost council screams as they fade away! [KO!]
Aodhan has been strongly advised not to bump rush the dragon behind two walls, and so opts to move to the window and throw a dagger at the golem since that's all he can do.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+25 and got 10 ( Total: 35 )
[OOC] Zane: hit the squad!
[OOC] Gerald: isn’t there a 15 damage threshold for attacks to matter
[OOC] Aleith|DM: not when bloodied already
[OOC] Gerald: dagger only does 10 before being halved…..
[OOC] Zane: its only got 1 HP left, you'd kill it
[OOC] Gerald: oh then at the assholes if that rule is different when bloodied
Aleith|DM: The obscurati squad drops, the few remaining running for it! [KO!]
[OOC] Gerald: … though that wouldn't hit anyway since 4/8 range lawl
Aleith|DM: Oh. Whoops.
Phyllis: "Hurry back. Tell your leader - you'll need more men!"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 10!] to the golem then!
Aleith|DM: The golem responds by firing its cannon into the room! [Integrated Cannon]
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+23(1) and got 9 ( Total: 32.0 ) for vs Ref, Ernst, Gerald, Aodhan, Harkover
Also rolled 4#d20+23(2) and got 18 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+23(3) and got 17 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+23(4) and got 10 [Total: 33.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 146.0, Avg: 13.50
Ernst shoots the Golem in the face. [Shocking Feedback]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 12 ( Total: 37.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 17 [Total: 42.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 79.0, Avg: 14.50
Aleith|DM: 2 hits!
Harkover saved by Dame Jillian yet again. God she's awesome.
Ernst rolled 4d8+18 and got 2, 7, 6, 3 ( Total: 36.0 ) for Someone gets resist 5 Ueont
Aleith|DM: 40 damage to Gerald and Aodhan [Blinded (SE)]! 20 damage and blinded UEoNT for Ernst and Harkover!
[OOC] Gerald: lets give that -5 to aodhan then
Gerald: "GOD FUCK SHIT DAMN I BLAME YOU FOR EVERYTHING ERNST!"
Ernst: "I'll patch you up in a minute. I got hit too, it isn't pleasant."
Phyllis: "There's one in the south. The radius extends that far."
Zane: "On it."
Zane: "… In a minute."
[OOC] Ernst: 36?
Phyllis: "I'm on it faster."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 36!
Ernst: "By the time you can see again you might want to turn around though. We have a dragon coming I think."
Garrett‘ turns to face the dragon who so casually sauntered up. "…fuck me, he’s even creepier to look at."
Aleith|DM: The skeletal dragon tyrant wings over, having trashed the entrance way and many of the guards, biting at Chandrasekhar.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 4 ( Total: 29 )
Aleith|DM: But misses!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 38:Phyllis | 38:Chandrasekhar | 36:Garrett | 31:Ernst | 31:Jillian | 30:G.Council Detach. | 30:Wraith Horde F | 29:Gerald | 23:CatherineRomana | 23:ObscuratiSquad A | 23:ObscuratiSquad F | 23:Dragon Tyrant | 22:Aodhan | 22:Harkover | 16:Bleak Golem A |
Aleith|DM: Round 4! Zane!
Zane rolled d20+16 and got 20 ( Total: 36 ) for History
Aleith|DM: You remember seeing a plaque by the dragon skeleton as you passed it before, listing it as Venkio, a copper-scaled dragon tryant who would melt those who disobeyed him in vats of acid.
Zane: "… Venkio. You should have stayed dead!" He lunges forward with a roar, the Arsenal flicking into a two-bladed sword as he spins into a sweeping chop.
Zane rolled d20+25 and got 6 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
[OOC] Zane: forgot my +1 from charging and from Arsenal bonus, still missed by 1 lol
Aleith|DM: The skeletal dragon claws at Zane. [Instinctive Tyranny]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 13 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+10 and got 6, 3, 7, 8 ( Total: 34.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 34!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: is that a reaction? O_O
Aleith|DM: Not exactly.
Phyllis slices the air, creating an [Arcane Gate] for her to step through, through the passages that Garrett created - and she shortly moves to the lantern to turn it off. [Arcana - standard left but I don't know what action this takes]
Aleith|DM: Standard action anyway.
Phyllis rolled d20+30 and got 3 ( Total: 33.0 ) for Arcana
Aleith|DM: The light from the lantern shrinks to a 5-foot radius.
Aleith|DM: You figure you could turn it off with another action.
Phyllis doesn't have one! [Gate, move, standard, no AP]
Aleith|DM: Obscurati Squad A disappears from sight!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM: Oh wait Catherine Romana also disappears from sight.
Zane: "Damn it! Urgh. Sorry, my lord. I'll kill her next time!"
Aleith|DM: Phyllis can see another lantern and set of defenders by the Titan Shrine (25)
Phyllis shouts back. "There's one more! Southwest!"
Gerald‘ rubs at his face.
Chandrasekhar teleports behind the dragon, applies [Divine Challenge], and hits it with a [Wrathful Smite]! "Face ME and return to the grave!"
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+25 and got 5 ( Total: 30 ) for vs. Reflex 31
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: do I have a bonus on that
Aleith|DM: +2 for flanking
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: God yes.
[OOC] Phyllis: You also have Insightful Riposte as a power, right?
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+9 and got 4, 3, 2 ( Total: 18 ) for -2 penalty to attacks until the end o my next turn
[OOC] Phyllis: not relevant here but there’s that
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: also, Chandrasekhar immediately gets Spike Flailed
[OOC] Garrett: lmao
[OOC] Aleith|DM: haha
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: ALSO THAT'S RADIANT DAMAGE
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: SO +10 RIGHT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 29!
Aleith|DM: The dragon turns on you and sends a ghostly chain flying at you. [Instinctive Tyranny, Shackles of Tyranny]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: OA from Chandrasekhar and Zane!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+25 and got 12 ( Total: 37 ) for vs.AC 34
Zane rolled d20+25 and got 12 ( Total: 37 )
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 18 ( Total: 43 ) for vs Will
Zane rolled 3d8+20 and got 3, 2, 8 ( Total: 33.0 )
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14 ) for +2 to saving throws USONT
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar is dominated until the end of the dragon's next turn!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Property: If an effect would dominate you, you are instead dazed for the duration.
Aleith|DM: Ah true.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33!] [14!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ heads toward the dragon in the corridor, slicing at its bony legs! [Minor, Low Slash]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+28 and got 7 ( Total: 35 ) for vs ref
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: STAND ON THE PAWS
Garrett` ALSO uses a free action while moving to turn on the frost!!
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+22 and got 3 ( Total: 25 ) for adding some vuln 5 cold
Also rolled 3d8 and got 3, 6, 1 [Total: 10]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 35
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 35!
[OOC] Garrett: also slowed UEoNT
Garrett` then dances back and forth, slashing all the way! [Circling Predator]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+28 and got 12 ( Total: 40 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+27 and got 2 ( Total: 29 )
Garrett` rolled 1d20+28 and got 18 ( Total: 46 ) for vs AC
[OOC] Garrett: crit
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Awww yeah world serpent’s grasp time
Aleith|DM: …yeah.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 29!
Garrett‘ rolled 4d6+31 and got 5, 2, 5, 2 ( Total: 45 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 45!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst tosses a shield on Gerald before expending it immediately. [+43 THP to Gerald and the King. +21 THP to Ernst.] He then moves towards the dragon and fires a shotgun blast at both the Golem and the Dragon Tyrant. [Siphon Fate] (Stocke Moves)
Ernst rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 11 ( Total: 36.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 5 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 66.0, Avg: 8.00
Ernst rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 7 ( Total: 32.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 16 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 73.0, Avg: 11.50
[OOC] Ernst: Golem and then Tyrant as listed
[OOC] Aleith|DM: taking into -5 for blind?
Aleith|DM: 1 hit on the dragon!
Ernst rolled 3d8+16 and got 4, 8, 5 ( Total: 33.0 )
d8+13: 1 [Total: 14.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 47.0, Avg: 4.50
[OOC] Ernst: Err +13 on the first I’m bad
Ernst: Gerald gets +3 to all defenses, +6 to hit. Dragon and Golem suffer -2 to all defenses and to hit rolls.
Aleith|DM: Golem wasn't hit. Dragon takes [14!]
[OOC] Ernst: Well Heroic effort then
[OOC] Aleith|DM: not enough
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 36 - 5 + 4 still misses AC 36
[OOC] Ernst: Hmm. I don't get my bonus from magic weapon last round
[OOC] Ernst: Since it only hits me if Stocke uses it so OK
[OOC] Ernst: +2/+6 for Gerald then since I missed a target.
Aleith|DM: Jillian moves closer to the king and uses Green Smite on the golem!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 5 ( Total: 25 ) for ref
Aleith|DM: Missing.
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10 and got 4, 4 ( Total: 8 )
Aleith|DM: Wraith Horde F takes 8 damage as it drops down the hole on top of Phyllis!
Aleith|DM: And then attacks her.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+26 and got 15 ( Total: 41 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 20!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ groans loudly while blinding firing at the golem. [Twin Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 17 ( Total: 43 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 3 [Total: 29]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 72
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled 3d8+25 and got 3, 6, 2 ( Total: 36 )
Gerald` swings the second shot towards the dragon since he only needed one for the golem!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 15 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 13 [Total: 39]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 80
Gerald` rolled 3d8+31 and got 8, 5, 6 ( Total: 50 ) for right autofire
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [50!
Aleith|DM: Saving throw for Blind?
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 11 ( Total: 11 ) for fuck you, magic item
Aleith|DM: saved!
Gerald: "Okay I can see again."
Aleith|DM: Obscurati Squad F takes aim at Phyllis but doesn’t fire…yet.
Aleith|DM: The dragon tyrant bites at Chandrasekhar!
Garrett: "Welcome back!"
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 4 ( Total: 29 )
Chandrasekhar is not scared of dragon noms.
Aleith|DM: And then breathes a blast of acid at Garrett and Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 7 ( Total: 30.0 ) for vs Ref, AP
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 6 [Total: 29.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 59.0, Avg: 6.50
Aleith|DM rolled 3d12+40,50% and got 5, 4, 10 ( Total: 29.5 )
Aleith|DM: Dealing 29 acid damage to each!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: does that proc sanction?
Aleith|DM: It procs Divine Challenge
Aleith|DM: The walls in front of it melt, and it flies through the gap, past Garrett and Zane! [OAs from both]
[16! Bworrrrp. Slowed UEONT.]
[OOC] Garrett: also the durgon takes 10 damage for startig in the zone
Aleith|DM: oh right
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+28 and got 14 ( Total: 42 )
Garrett` rolled 1d4+27 and got 2 ( Total: 29 )
[OOC] Garrett: and yeah the dragon is also slowed from low slash
Aleith|DM: Okay
Aleith|DM: I’m changing the order then.
Aleith|DM: Because it hit Threshold I due to the zone's damage
[OOC] Garrett: fuck I shouldn'ta said nothin'
Zane rolled d20+25 and got 16 ( Total: 41 )
Aleith|DM: It uses the breath weapon on you two anyway, flies past you as the action specifies 'fly 14 squares', and then turns around and misses its bite on Garrett.
Zane prones that bitch on OA since its slowed from Chan!
Aleith|DM:
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: *AERIAL CHAOS DUNK*
Aleith|DM: okay it didn't get away.
Aleith|DM: but that was still a no-action thing so it stands up instead, bites at Chandra and misses, then claws at Garrett with its AP.
Chandrasekhar just gives Zane a Look.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 12 ( Total: 37 )
[OOC] Ernst: Is that with your -2 to attack
Aleith|DM: Nope :(
[OOC] Ernst: Ty
Zane may or may not have just flicked the Arsenal into a gaff hook on the end of a pole and hooked the dragon by its neck to slam it to the floor.
Garrett: "Thaaaaaaanks!"
[OOC] Ernst: Best regards for the blind :)
[OOC] Aleith|DM: rofl
Aleith|DM: The dragon attempts to dominate Ernst.
Zane snarls, "Stay down, worm."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 7 ( Total: 32 ) for vs Will
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: does that also proc punishment
[OOC] Aleith|DM: whoops forgot the -2 but 30 still hits your Will
Aleith|DM: Sadly it's once per round
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: damn
Zane rolled 1d8+20 and got 7 ( Total: 27.0 ) for OA damage
Aleith|DM: Ernst is dominated UEoNT!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 29! 27!
Aleith|DM: Aodhan! Harkover!
Harkover sees the dragon putting Ernst in a brain lock and speaks. One word that rings like a bell. "No." [Hex Eater. Ernst is not Dominated, Harkover recharges Consuming Fireball]
Aleith|DM: …okay then.
Aodhan nods to Hackover before moving forward and hurling a dagger at the dragon.
Gerald` rolled d20+20 and got 13 ( Total: 33 ) for blind :(
[OOC] Ernst: -2 to AC that hits!!!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 10!
[OOC] Gerald: 10
Aodhan then takes a [Total Defense], fuck charging in blind.
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for save?
Aleith|DM: Saved.
Aleith|DM: Harkover!
Harkover moves down beside the king and hurls five flaming darts into the dragon skeleton. [20 damage]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!
Aleith|DM: The dragon claws at Chandrasekhar! [Instinctive Tyranny]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 15 ( Total: 40 )
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+10 and got 1, 4, 7, 2 ( Total: 24.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 24!
Aleith|DM: Harkover and Ernst are no longer blinded.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 38:Phyllis | 38:Chandrasekhar | 36:Garrett | 31:Ernst | 31:Jillian | 30:Wraith Horde F | 29:Gerald | 23:CatherineRomana | 23:ObscuratiSquad A | 23:ObscuratiSquad F | 23:Dragon Tyrant | 22:Aodhan | 22:Harkover |
Aleith|DM: Round 5!

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License