Zg Session 83

Grandis Komanov draws a shard of bloody ice, proclaiming, "O glacier of blood, sate your hunger!" The bullet smashes into it, and it explodes into a cloud of deadly cold.
Phyllis: "Is this really the ending you want, Grandis?"
Grandis: "Of course."
Phyllis: "You've taken Heid's words and twisted them. Death is inevitable, so you've taken your purpose to be hurtling towards the end as soon as possible. The desert had no water, so you've invented a religion that worships thirst."
Grandis: "I invented nothing. It was all there to begin with. This world doesn't need to exist when I'm gone!"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 35:Kasvarina | 34:Zane | 34:Frost Greatsword | 31:Garrett | 29:Phyllis | 28:Ernst | 24:Grandis Komanov | 21:Chandrasekhar | 21:Gerald |
Gerald: actually fuck the rolls I'm popping word of warning regardless,
Gerald: i want the CA lol
Aleith|DM: Duly noted.
[OOC] Gerald: oh woop how did I get upscrolled in here
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Kasvarina | 39:Zane | 34:Phyllis | 34:Frost Greatsword | 33:Ernst | 26:Chandrasekhar | 26:Gerald | 24:Grandis Komanov |
[OOC] Gerald: now I DOUBLE want the init bonus to get ahead of her >_>
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for save
Aleith|DM: And then I realized that Kasvarina is stunned until the beginning of her next turn.
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Grandis draws herself up as tall as she can and becomes somehow more grave than before, a heavy presence drawing your focus toward her like snow tumbling down into a pit. You falter for a moment, wondering who she is and how you came to be here.
Aleith|DM: Make a saving throw
Zane‘ rolled d20+0 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for save
Zane` drops a hand to his belt and snatches up a pouch, hurling it at the blonde dwarf. It explodes into a cloud of sizzling dust on contact. [Ungol Dust]
Zane` rolled d20+23 and got 11 ( Total: 34 ) for vs Reflex
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane` rolled 3d10+12 and got 9, 4, 1 ( Total: 26.0 )
Also rolled 2d8 and got 1, 4 [Total: 5 (Low), Avg: 2.50]
Total: 31.0, Avg: 3.80
Ongoing 5 Acid
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 31!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 18 ( Total: 18 ) for save
Phyllis: "You can hear me, right? Not just the homunculus, but the real you?"
She looks like a person, but your poison eats away at part of her body, revealing cracked ice beneath. Eerily, a blood-coloured slush leaks from the wound.
Zane: "… Wow."
Phyllis: "Or … whatever’s going on there."
Zane: "Ursinho, dwarves are *weird*."
Grandis: "It's not direct control. But we share a telepathic bond."
Gerald: "…That's not how dwarves work."
Aleith|DM: The simulacrum smiles. It's not a nice smile.
Phyllis: May as well start assaulting her senses. [Illusory Ambush]
Phyllis: Or, well, [Mage Hand] first.
Phyllis rolled d20+25 and got 8 ( Total: 33.0 ) for vs will
Phyllis rolled d6+16 and got 6 ( Total: 22.0 ) for -6 tohit (-2 first attack, -4 UEoPNT)
Phyllis sustains the lock.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 22!
Phyllis: "Garrett, get to work on disassembling those statues, if you can."
Garrett gives a mock salute and heads over towards the statues to take a look at them.
Aleith|DM: Grandis conjures an immense shard of jagged ice. It begins striking against her enemies. [Dancing Greatsword]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 9 ( Total: 28 ) for -6 penalty, +2 CA, vs Kasvarina
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Chandrasekhar squints at the simulacrum…
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst rolled 1d100 and got 85 ( Total: 85 ) for saving throw
[OOC] Ernst: I need to roll d20's
Aleith|DM: saved!
[OOC] Zane: that is what !d20 is for yes
Ernst drops down Stocke, a Punishing Eye on then moves closer to the others.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Gerald!
Gerald‘ rolled d20 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 18 ( Total: 18 ) for fuck you amulet reroll
[OOC] Aleith|DM: lol, saved
Gerald` lets out a breath before flipping on every single possible switch on his. "Kas, Chan, heads up!" [Quarry] [AP] [Confounding Arrows] [Pounding Barrage]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 19 ( Total: 48 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 2 [Total: 31]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 79
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 6 ( Total: 35 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 18 [Total: 47]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 82
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 2 ( Total: 31 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 9 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 69
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 6 ( Total: 32 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 15 [Total: 41]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 73
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 10 ( Total: 36 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 3 [Total: 29]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 65
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 14 ( Total: 40 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 16 [Total: 42]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 82
Aleith|DM: 1 hit! 2 hits! 1 hit! 2 hits! 1 hit! 2 hits!
Chandrasekhar ducks. "WHAT THE-"
Gerald` rolled d8+16 and got 7 ( Total: 23 ) for Immobilize EoNT. Stunned (SE)
Also rolled 3d8+16 and got 1, 8, 3 [Total: 28]
d8+16: 5 [Total: 21]
Also rolled 3d8+16 and got 7, 5, 4 [Total: 32]
d8+16: 3 [Total: 19]
Also rolled 3d8+16 and got 1, 6, 5 [Total: 28]
Also rolled 6d8+36 and got 1, 3, 7, 4, 6, 2 [Total: 59]
d6: 1 [Total: 1]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 211
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 211!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Teak, roll a saving throw vs the stun effect
Gerald: "Youch OKAY that uh definitely got the barrel warmed up."
[OOC] Gerald: oh -
[OOC] Gerald: +36 from eye
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+4 and got 14 ( Total: 18 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: yikes
Chandrasekhar engages with the simulacrum [Divine Challenge] and then inflicts [Radiant Delirium]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+20 and got 14 ( Total: 34 )
Gerald` also activates [Oak Skin] as he’s sure he has her attention now.
Zane: "Tiny gods, Gerald, that's amazing!"
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+8 and got 6, 3, 3 ( Total: 20 ) for radiant, Dazed UEONT, -2 penalty to AC (save ends)
Gerald: "I don't think I'm going to be able to get NEARLY as much power out of it again for a while but…. yeah, yeah it was."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!
The simulacrum reels from those shots, ice starting to crack in multiple places. [5 acid damage]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+5 and got 10 ( Total: 15 ) for save vs stun
Aleith|DM: The icy winds whip around the room, turning the surfaces all slippery, and freezing the well below. Everyone takes 15 cold damage!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Kasvarina | 39:Zane | 34:Phyllis | 34:Frost Greatsword | 33:Ernst | 26:Chandrasekhar | 26:Gerald | 24:Grandis Komanov |
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 20 ( Total: 20 )
Phyllis: "Do you fear being forgotten? That the world would march on without you?"
Aleith|DM: Kasvarina says a quick spell to protect her from the cold. [Arcane Defences]
Aleith|DM: She then strikes quickly her sword before casting Godfire on the icy dwarf. [Elfaivaran Warcasting]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 6 ( Total: 33.0 ) for vs AC, Ref
d20+25: 12 [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 70.0, Avg: 9.00
Phyllis: "That living on in the hearts and minds of those that hold you dear isn't enough solace for you?"
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+14 and got 6, 5 ( Total: 25.0 )
Also rolled 2d6+14 and got 5, 2 [Total: 21.0 (Avg), Avg: 3.50]
Total: 46.0, Avg: 4.50
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 25!] [21!
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Gerald: "I uh."
Gerald: "I don't think you turn into an ice golem with blood slush if it *is* enough for you."
Zane‘ draws his sword and runs another pouch along its edge, covering it with a thick green syrup as he lunges at Grandis. [Carrion Crawler Brain Juice, Charge]
Grandis: "This world was made for me! Why should it have to endure life without me?"
Gerald: "You kind of have to respect how over the top insane and self centered her view point is, though."
Phyllis: "No. I don’t."
Gerald: "Well not really, but it's impressive in a twisted way."
Zane‘ rolled d20+26 and got 6 ( Total: 32 ) for vs AC
Chandrasekhar: "…what sort of person truly believes that?"
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis: "A pitiful child, doomed to oblivion."
Chandrasekhar: "May your name be never remembered."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+5 and got 11 ( Total: 16 ) for save vs acid
Zane` rolled 2d10+60 and got 10, 10 ( Total: 80.0 ) for Furious Assault, Punishing Eye, Attack Finesse, Brute Stance dice for damage, Assassin Strike maximized [Ki Focus daily] and Slowed UEoNT
Also rolled 7d8 and got 4, 1, 2, 3, 7, 5, 1 [Total: 23 (Low), Avg: 3.29]
Total: 103.0, Avg: 4.78
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 103!
Phyllis: "No, no. It isn’t too late to turn around, to realize that you can play a part to herald in a brighter future, and be remembered fondly -"
Grandis: "This world is going to end, and it will be my hand that guides it towards that future!"
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
[OOC] Phyllis: Boooo
Gerald: "…That was really impressive for a single sword swing yourself, Zane!"
Chandrasekhar: "…goodness, Mr. Bieito."
Phyllis pauses, then tilts her head at Grandis. "… I'm sorry, who are you?" One would think she's being coy, given Chandra's earlier taunt, but no. It's really slipped from her.
Grandis' shard of ice strikes at Chandrasekhar. [Dancing Greatsword]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 3 ( Total: 22 ) for -4
Aleith|DM: Missing!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: whoops still misses even without the -4
Gerald‘ gives Phyllis a weird look out of the corner of his eye.
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst uses one of his rings and appears beside Gerald. [Minor] He then fires a [Siphon Fate] and a [GMW - AP]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: save vs stun
Ernst rolled d20 and got 12 ( Total: 12 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: you’re good
Ernst rolled d20+23 and got 7 ( Total: 30.0 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit due to -2 AC!
[OOC] Ernst: Err that's weapon based sec
Ernst rolled d20 and got 13 ( Total: 13 )
[OOC] Ernst: Both hit
Ernst rolled 3d8+12 and got 8, 3, 1 ( Total: 24.0 ) for Target gets -2 to all attack rolls and defenses. Zane gets +2 to all defenses, +6 to hit
Ernst rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 14 ( Total: 41.0 ) for GMW
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 20 [Total: 47.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 88.0, Avg: 17.00
Ernst rolled 4d8+15 and got 2, 5, 1, 4 ( Total: 27.0 ) for +8 to hit, +4 dmg, Brutal 1 for Gerald
[OOC] Ernst: Add 12 for eye
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 24!] [Crit! 47!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12!
Aleith|DM: Gerald! Chandrasekhar!
Gerald‘ rolled d20 and got 13 ( Total: 13 )
Gerald` fires off a [Biting Volley]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 10 ( Total: 41 ) for literally can’t miss
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 12 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 84
[OOC] Zane: Hey Teakwood, she's Slowed. World Serpents Grasp that shit
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 16 ( Total: 47 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 8 [Total: 39]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 86
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 3d8r1+20 and got 7, 5, 3 ( Total: 35.0 )
Also rolled 3d8r1+20 and got (1, 1, 2), 8, 7 [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg: 5.67]
Also rolled 2d8r1+12 and got 7, 6 [Total: 25.0 (High), Avg: 6.50]
Total: 97.0, Avg: 5.62
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 97!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: awww yiss
Gerald` then fires his hookshoot toward the ceiling where the chains connected to the demon is, and uses them to pull himself across the cap and past the statues. Because crazy people turned into ice golems probably explode on death.
Chandrasekhar hits her with a [Wrathful Smite]! "You will be forgotten, at the end of everything, so beloved to you. Begone."
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+24 and got 9 ( Total: 33 ) for vs. Reflex
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+9 and got 1, 4, 4 ( Total: 18 ) for -2 penalty to attack rolls UEONT
Aleith|DM: hit!
Aleith|DM: save vs stun?
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+4 and got 3 ( Total: 7 )
Aleith|DM: Sadly, you can’t remember what you're doing here.
Aleith|DM: Everyone takes 15 more cold damage.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: wait no
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Grandis acts
Aleith|DM: Grandis steps out of the melee, and with a sweep of her hand, invisible force crashes through you like a titanic hammer. The ground beneath your feet blackens and seems to fall away into a void. [Escatological Hammer]
Kasvarina attempts to stop it. [OA]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 3 ( Total: 30 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: but misses.
Gerald‘ unslings his rifle and takes a quick shot at Grandis as well. [Disruptive Shot]
Gerald` rolled d20+32 and got 15 ( Total: 47 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: oh well then
Gerald` rolled d10r2+16 and got 5 ( Total: 21.0 )
Phyllis also ’forgot' to sustain the Lock.
Aleith|DM: But the simulacrum explodes into pieces of blood-red ice. [KO!]
Gerald: "Whew."
Gerald: "Not sure what the hell she was doing but I didn't see it ending well."
Aleith|DM: One of the pemberbots starts to look around, but Garrett manages to break part of the statue's skin, finding tiny machines within the statue which give it a semblance of life. He finds the drive mechanism with his spirit medium senses, and quickly breaks it.
Aleith|DM: The other statues start to come to life shortly after, but before they can fully come under control, he does the same to those as well, knowing where to look now.
Aleith|DM: It's still pretty damn cold in here though.
Gerald: "…Oh huh I was *really* expecting her to explode."
Zane: "Well that was… was… what the hell *was* that?"
Gerald‘ flashes a thumbs up to Garrett before rolling a shrug in Zane’s direction and holstering his guns again.
Gerald: "Doomsday cultists a fucking weird, man."
Aleith|DM: Kasvarina holds a hand to her head, collapsing to her knees.
Phyllis regains her composure. "The dark side of eschatology. Vlendam would have some strong words for them, I'm sure."
Kasvarina: "I…can remember a bit of what happened after this."
Gerald: "This was a pretty random location to find one, though. Someone you knew?" Gerald tilts his head towards Ashima while pulling his cloak closed.
Kasvarina: "I remember leaving the vault-they took up the offer from Nic and I for knowledge of the sacrement in return for our release from the vault, but took us with them to Methia."
Kasvarina: "What happened there is still a blank, but soon thereafter the war ended, and the eladrin woman perished…"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: *women
Phyllis: "That ritual is the reason Ashima-Shimtu is locked in here, still - because she refuses to reveal it to the Clergy. It's the leverage she uses to remain alive - if she dies, it dies with her."
Phyllis: "The ritual that Grandis was after. She surely heard word of it from something related to the Clergy."
Ashima-Shimtu: "The prisoner of the Clergy remembers what horrors were wrought by her attempt to escape. She has accepted her punishment, and asks no others repeat her folly. She says this with no malice, only contrition."
Zane: "So we're going to Methia next."
Phyllis: "Right, my point was that that's what Grandis was after, herself."
Phyllis: "Not a direct relation. She was following a lead on rumors she'd heard."
Gerald: "Oh right."
Gerald: "…You still want us to leave you in here?" Another nod to the demon.
Phyllis: "Also … 'they,' Kasvarina?"
Phyllis: "Meaning the Clergy. They now have knowledge of the sacrament?"
Chandrasekhar bows to Ashima-Shimtu. "Being the keeper of such a secret as this is a heavy burden."
Ashimtu-Shima: "The prisoner will remain here still."
Zane: "… Wait. Kasvarina. You and Nicodemus… traded the knowledge of the ritual as passage to get off the island… to the Clergy?"
Gerald: "Your choice, I guess. … Wait, are we gunna show back up here a third time?" Gerald squints.
Kasvarina: "I seem to have been woefully naive despite my two centuries of experience back then…"
Kasvarina: "We tried to get them to summon their god of war, but that does not seem to have been what happened," she says sadly.
Zane‘ shakes his head. "No I’m just making sure I have my facts straight. Not casting aspersions on your choices. You did what you had to do to escape."
Phyllis: "Wisdom isn't strictly a function of age."
Phyllis: "See: Grandis."
Phyllis: "Or myself."
Zane: "What if… they used the ritual on an Eladrin prisoner?"
Kasvarina: "They…the ritual has to be used on a believer, she said? It would follow."
Zane‘ ponders. "Lets go. I need to see more before I formulate anything further."
Ashimtu-Shimtu: "Do the constables and the matriarch wish transport out of here again?"
Zane: "That would be great, thanks."
Gerald: "We should probably tell the people that let us in here that their babysitter was a lunatic and now dead, too?"
Phyllis: "If we encounter Grandis in person, I do have means at my disposal to remove her memory of the ritual, rendering her at least back to her previous level of threat."
Ashima-Shimtu: "Jump into the well and it will take you to your desired destination." With water, anyway. The well has unthawed by now.
Gerald: "Wait, in person? You mean she’s not actually dead and we're likely going to run into her, again? UUUUGGGGGHHHH."
Chandrasekhar: "Please look forward to it."
Gerald: "I'm getting really tired of killing idiots only for them to have not actually been in the body."
Gerald‘ stomps on the remains of one of the pembertonbots on his way to the well.
Aleith|DM: So where to? Your ship offshore? Sid Minos itself? Trekhom? Or somewhere else?
Chandrasekhar: "Don’t you want to fight an angry nihilist god at the end of the world?"
Zane: "Nope."
Gerald: "Man, I'm a human. I don't plan on being alive that long."
Phyllis: "What use does a nihilist have for a ritual that requires belief?"
Phyllis: "… at least I hope that's the ironic twist in this tale."
Gerald: "Anyway back to the ship so our babysitters don't think we pulled a fast one on 'em?"
Phyllis: "Yes."
Gerald: "Hate to accidently spark a war over something as dumb as a free teleport."
Gerald‘ nods, then hops into the well.
Aleith|DM: As you resurface, you’re a couple dozen feet away from the side of the Roscommon.
Phyllis picks up one of the bloody ice shards for proof. … probably with a [Mage Hand] for safety.
Gerald‘ pulls himout out, goes to get some try clothing, then find the Clergy personal to let them know the person they sent with them was a deranged eschatologist in disguise and that had to break her ice golem body when she suddenly attacked.
Phyllis then hops into the well.
Aleith|DM: They let you know a few hours later that evening that they found the body of the inquisitor they originally sent buried near the lighthouse on the island. Seems this deranged dwarf killed her and took her place.
Zane` dives into the well and then climbs up onto the deck of the ship, shaking dry like the worlds most heavily-armed attack dog.
Aleith|DM: It takes the Avery Coast Express a couple of days to get you to Trekhom.
Aleith|DM: Once you get there, between Phyllis and the Arc you find Obpeyeble Nipneka Mobicneten (Doomed Order of Thinkers), a nightly gathering of eladrin philosophers, all men, led by Bhalu Varal.
Aleith|DM: They’re in the middle of drinking and discussing philosophy and Drakran politics.
Phyllis spends those few days trying to figure out a good shibboleth to determine if this group is, uh, in the death cult side of things like Grandis, or if they're more … sane. Though that's a low bar to crawl over.
Aleith|DM: A bit less morbid than is usual for Drakr, as a matter of fact.
Aleith|DM: Not all of them subscribe to eschatology.
Zane: "Wait wait. Bhalu… Varal?"
Gerald: "Someone we know?"
Phyllis: What a -delightfully- refreshing change of pace.
Zane: "We know Asrabey Varal."
Gerald: "… Ooooh."
Kasvarina: "Yet another estranged husband of mine, I heard."
Gerald: "What's it like being married to so many people anyway?"
Zane: "Complicated."
Kasvarina: "Ask me when I remember everything. But that's probably a good fit."
Gerald: "Fair enough."
Kasvarina: "Should I just start the memory, or…?"
Zane: "We might want to warn them first?"
Phyllis: "We should at least - yes. That, and I'm interested in just listening for the sake of it."
Gerald: "From the sounds of things I bet the guys inside would find it amusing if it started unpromted, so up to you. Warn 'em if you think your man might've told you something in private though I guess."
Kasvarina nods and walks in. "Bhalu…?"
Aleith|DM: One of the eladrin jolts upright from his seat. "…Kasvarina? I thought we were done."
Kasvarina: "I…don't remember. That's the honest truth." At his confused expression, she pulls out the lost arc of Reida. "I'm using this to try to remember the person I used to be."
Gerald: "She lost a couple hundred years." Gerald tips his hat after walking in.
Kasvarina: "There seems to be a memory here, though I don't know what. Do you mind if we watch it? The memory will manifest in the surroundings."
Phyllis: "She's … essentially a new person."
Bhalu frowns. "That's certainly a story." He shrugs. "I didn't sleep with you here, so what's the harm?" He turns over to the guys. "Let's visit the past!"
Aleith|DM: A few of the others raise their glasses or mugs and cheer.
Aleith|DM: Kasvarina rolls her eyes before putting the Arc back on. "It'll take a minute…
Zane: "No no, he said he *didnt* sleep with you here…"
Aleith|DM: As the memory manifests, Kasvarina imperiously stalks into a room filled with pipe-smoking dwarves, where Bhalu lies passed out in the corner. She splashes him with water to wake him, then drags him outside to ask how being a drunken lout is contributing to the mission she sent him on. He is supposed to make allies in Trekhom and learn which philosopher parties might be a threat.
Phyllis stares at the jovial group, then shares that look with Kasvarina. A sympathizing look, that says 'yeah I can tell why you're not with him anymore'
Aleith|DM: Bhalu says that she sent him to kill too many people, and that the occasional bedding down with her isn’t worth the blood he was spilling. Blood is something for the body, anyway, and he thinks it’s time for the eladrin to just die. He’s vowed to devote his life to his mind, and to punish his body with the greatest beer the dwarves have crafted.
Aleith|DM: She says she’s staying to clean him up. He's too valuable. He shrugs, and challenges her to be more convincing than his friends inside. The memory-event fades, and Bhalu is flabbergasted.
Bhalu: "Oh, THAT memory. You divorced me shortly after that…"
Kasvarina: "I can't imagine why…"
Gerald‘ unsuccessfully holds back a laugh.
Zane: "You dont like beer."
Phyllis: "Probably for the best."
Bhalu: "Oh, that was drier that the desert in Crisillyr! You wound me, woman."
Bhalu: "I’m sorry I was such an ass back then. I'm probably not much better now, to be honest…"
Gerald: "Still, kind of an odd memory to pop up, considering most of the others. Was he that important to your plan back then?"
Phyllis: "But hey - bear in mind that at least her 'mission' back then was misguided, and at the behest of someone much more manipulative."
Kasvarina: "Maybe not in the grand scheme of things, but it does have personal significence…"
Phyllis: "It's good that you didn't get involved. We're trying to fix it."
Chandrasekhar: "Changed your mind about the Eladrin dying, at least?"
Bhalu: "I've sobered up a bit as well. They're doing their damndest to survive back home, I here. I wouldn't wish ill on them."
Phyllis nods. "Please don't delve into the depths of such nihilism. We just saw what that can do to a person a few days ago."
Zane: "Tragic side effects include getting shot a hell of a lot."
Aleith|DM: He walks up to Kasvarina, and extends his hand. "If you're trying to turn over a new leaf, then I'm willing to forgive and forget. If you need anything, just let me know. As long as it doesn't involve more killing, anyway." He glances towards the rest of you. "That goes for you, too. I know quite a few people around the city."
Chandrasekhar nods. "Good. That is all any of us can truly ask. Survive, and thrive, and discuss wisdom with your friends." "
Phyllis: "And likewise. We know a few others elsewhere."
Kasvarina sighs, but shakes his hand. "Alright. I still don't really remember everything yet, but I'm sure it can't have been all bad."
Phyllis: "Wonder if Vlendam would be interested in lecturing for you all?"
Bhalu laughs. "We've been to see him several times. He's a lot of fun to discuss things with."
Bhalu: "One of the joys of living in the capital."
Bhalu: "You know him too?"
Phyllis chuckles. "I see. I had the misfortune to be born elsewhere, but I've encountered him in my travels."
Bhalu: "I'll let him know you were in town next time I see him."
Phyllis: "Komanov, too."
Phyllis: "She just got a lot more dangerous."
Aleith|DM: His eyebrows raise. "That the nihilist you were talking about? I'll be sure to let him know."
Bhalu: "It's worse when their as vain and crazy as that one is."
Zane: "She's definitely both in spades."
Aleith|DM: Several of the eladrin shout out "aye!" and rap their mugs together.
Phyllis nods. "Exponentially moreso than before. Like … 0 A.V. dangerous."
Bhalu: "That's…certainly distressing. Thanks for the heads up. Do you want to stick around for a bit? The night's barely started."
Phyllis: "So live a life that proves her wrong. I hope to cut her off at the feet by convincing her that her worldview is incorrect."
Phyllis glances at the others. "… potentially, but we have several other destinations to reach."
Aleith|DM: The train isn't leaving again until the morning.
Aleith|DM: And it's still faster than your ship…
Phyllis: "But given the serious nature of the last few weeks, a night of levity couldn't hurt." She looks at Kasvarina.
Zane‘ shrugs. "I’m good with it."
Aleith|DM: Kasvarina rolls her eyes at Bhalu again, but nods. "I wouldn't mind a bit of talk tonight."
Bhalu: "Alright! This beer won't drink itself!"
Aleith|DM: And there was much discussion to be had, much of it growing less coherent as the night drags on….
Aleith|DM: The next evening, the train pulls into Orithea, in the middle of the Malice Lands, and the start of your journey towards the Eastern Piscene Mountains, where Pala used to reside.
Gerald: "Wonder if we'll run into that guy Zane set free while we're here."
Zane: "He was an OK guy, all things said and done. He just wanted to protect people from monsters."
Gerald: "Yeah."
Phyllis: "Will the Arc still function in the Malice Lands?"
Gerald: "Only one way to find out!"
Kasvarina: "I guess we're about to find out."
Zane: "You know, there's a fascinating forging process that lets weapons and armor retain a basic enchantment in these lands."
Gerald: "Oh the uh… yeah! I think I remember reading about that in class once."
Kasvarina: "That's certainly innovative."
Gerald: "Something to do with wrought iron or some such?"
Zane: "Yeah."
Aleith|DM: It takes you three days, but you start to get to the rough location Nicodemus and Rock Rackus indicated the ruins of Pala were.
Aleith|DM: Late in the afternoon of the third day, you come across a ranch, near a large forest
Aleith|DM: They seem to be raising large birds of some sort…
Gerald: "The hell are those?"
[OOC] Zane: fuck time for the chocobo breeding minigame so we can go get knights of the round…
Zane: "Axebeaks. The name prettymuch tells you everything."
[OOC] Phyllis: not before a five hour lecture on the effect of how legends and myths shape a culture from vlendam heid
Phyllis: "Really hope they don't take notice of us."
Aleith|DM: One of the ranch hands notices you nearby. "What're you folks doing way out here?" he calls out.
Zane: "Archaeology."
Zane: "Any good ruins in the area?"
Ranch Hand: "There's some really old buildings in the forest. But some monster hides in them ruins-called the Wriggling Dead-and every time it's been spotted, people get devoured."
Aleith|DM: A few more people come up at the commotion. "Welcome to Clavel Ranch. You're not here for the axebeaks, are you?"
Chandrasekhar: "Sounds delightful."
Zane: "Nah, looking for ruins. That Wiggling Dead sounds like a promising spot."
Clavel: "Shame. I'm Leonard Clavel, I run the place here. Want one of my men to show you around nearby?"
Gerald‘ glances back toward Kasva and makes arc motions questioningly.
Kasvarina: "A guide could be useful, as long as he makes sure not to get, well, devoured. We’d hate to lose you a worker."
Aleith|DM: Leonard laughs, and claps a nearby, well-built worker beside him. "Nah, Angus here can run pretty fast. He'll let us know if the worst happens to you lot. Let us know if you want to buy some axebeaks for the ride back."
Aleith|DM: The man in question walks forward. "Angus Perasmus. Nice to meet you."
Chandrasekhar: "It's good to have a guide. Thank you."
Angus: "Not a problem. You wanted to check out the forest?"
Zane: "The ruins in them, specifically."
Angus: "Alright. I'll see if we can find them."
Gerald: "The way you guys keep wording it… do they like, move or something?"
Angus: "People tend not to look for them much after they hear about the monster in the woods."
Zane: "I suspect we'll be OK."
Gerald: "Aha."
He looks at you with an appraising eye. "I think might be right."
Aleith|DM: About twenty minutes later, you reach the edge of the woods and head deeper in. Kasvarina glances at Angus, but pulls out the Arc and puts it on before shaking her head. "It's still no good. I can tell it's nearby, but I can't tell what direction it's in, or even if we're closer."
Gerald: "Guess the malice is working with the homing."
Chandrasekhar: "Hmph…"
Gerald: "Oh well, won't be the first time we've had to aimless wander through a forest looking for magic."
Zane: "Well, we'll just have to keep looking."
Phyllis: "We could also resort to other methods to triangulate the site."
Gerald: "How so?"
Aleith|DM: A few minutes later, deeper into the forest, you run into a huge monster, with the body and abdomen of a spider, but tentacles for legs and a toothy, eyeless snake-like appendage for a head.
Angus: "…that'd be the Wriggling Dread."
Gerald: "Oh."
Chandrasekhar: "Oh! Good name for it."
Zane: "Wow, that is… gross."
Gerald: "I was expecting zombies. This is much, much more gross."
Chandrasekhar: "Zombies would be 'Wiggling Dead', I think. This has an extra consonant."
Angus: "Two, even," he says drolly.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Ernst | 31:Chandrasekhar | 29:Zane | 28:Gerald | 28:Phyllis | 22:Kasvarina | 16:Wriggling Dread |
Gerald: "Common's a weird language."
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Phyllis rolled d20+14 and got 16 ( Total: 30.0 ) for take higher
Ernst repositions to the center of the group before firing a [Greater Magic Weapon] at the creature.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 20 ( Total: 47 )
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 3 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 77
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: crit rather
Gerald` rolled 4d6+28 and got 4, 2, 2, 6 ( Total: 42 ) for Zane, Gerald and Kasva get +8 to hit, +4 damage and brutal 1 until next turn.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 28!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: also Stocke does as well because of course he would have placed him first
[OOC] Gerald: of course
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar invokes the [Spirit of the Virtuous Charger] and then goes tearing across the battlefield. [Charge+Ardent Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+25 and got 11 ( Total: 36 ) for vs. AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+15 and got 5 ( Total: 20 ) for divine sanction, +2 to all defenses USONT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis stands with her arms behind her back, commanding Zane: "[Make It So.]" (Automatically hits next turn!)
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane` hurls himself forward, half-orc blood singing as he [Charge]s across the flat ground, poisoned blade in hand. [Carrion Crawler Brain Juice, move, chaaaaarge]
Zane` rolled d20+27 and got 13 ( Total: 40 ) for vs AC
Chandrasekhar: "Hello, Mr. Bieito. Fancy seeing you here."
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane` stabs, twists, and withdraws in the blink of an eye. "Heard there was a swinging party. Food, booze, chicks…"
Zane` rolled 1d10+16 and got 8 ( Total: 24.0 ) for damage, and Slowed UEoNT
Also rolled 2d8 and got 5, 5 [Total: 10 (Avg), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 34.0, Avg: 6.00
Aleith|DM: You feel a Disruptive Presence nearby it. [Creatures and objects in the aura do not benefit from immunities and resistances.]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 34!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` [Runs] forward, before marking his [Quarry] and then flipping the blaster settings to max. "OK Take Two, Chandra!" [AP] [Confounding Arrows] [Pounding Barrage]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+30(1) and got 18 ( Total: 48 )
Also rolled 2#d20+30(2) and got 14 [Total: 44]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 92
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+30(1) and got 7 ( Total: 37 )
Also rolled 2#d20+30(2) and got 8 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 75
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+30(1) and got 6 ( Total: 36 )
Also rolled 2#d20+30(2) and got 10 [Total: 40]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 76
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 11 ( Total: 38 )
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 9 [Total: 36]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 74
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 1 ( Total: 28 )
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 4 [Total: 31]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 59
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 7 ( Total: 34 )
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 6 [Total: 33]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 67
Phyllis also [Refocuses], exhanging power with her spellbook. [Replacing Slumber of the Winter Court -> Summon Succubus]
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 11 ( Total: 11 ) for mishap on a 1
Aleith|DM: 2 hits! 2 hits! 2 hits! 2 hits! Misses! 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled 3d8r1+20 and got 4, 8, 3 ( Total: 35.0 ) for OK I GOT IT THIS TIME
Also rolled 3d8r1+20 and got 8, 7, 7 [Total: 42.0 (High), Avg: 7.33]
Also rolled 3d8r1+20 and got 4, 7, 7 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 3d8r1+20 and got 2, 8, 6 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 5.33]
Also rolled 1d8r1+20 and got (1, 3) [Total: 23.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 4d8r1+24 and got (1, 2), 4, 5, 7 [Total: 42.0 (Avg), Avg: 4.50]
Total: 216.0, Avg: 5.41
Chandrasekhar: "AAAAAA"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 216!] It sweeps its head and sprays a revolting cascade of partially-digested creatures. [Vomitous Expulsion
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+23(1) and got 7 ( Total: 30.0 ) for vs Ref, Chandra, Gerald, Zane
Also rolled 3#d20+23(2) and got 17 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+23(3) and got 8 [Total: 31.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 101.0, Avg: 10.67
Gerald: "WHAT"
Aleith|DM rolled 4d6+20 and got 4, 4, 3, 6 ( Total: 37.0 )
Aleith|DM: 37 damage and ongoing 20 acid damage (save ends) to Chandrasekhar and Gerald! All conditions on the Wriggling Dread end. It counts as bloodied!
Ernst does whatever he does for Shocking Feedback.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 20 ( Total: 43 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 7 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 73
Aleith|DM: Crit, miss!
[OOC] Gerald: ernst stop stealing my crits
[OOC] Aleith|DM: lol
[OOC] Zane: god damn it I need one of those crits :(
[OOC] Gerald: 20] damage and anyone hit by that attack has Resist 5 All until next turn.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for save
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for save take two
Aleith|DM: Kasvarina moves forward, ducking behind a tree, before whispering a few words. Long-Forgotten Flight magic springs into effect as she floats a bit, but also affecting Zane, Phyllis, and Gerald. [You gain a fly speed 12 (hover) for the next hour]
Zane: "What the- Holy shit!"
Aleith|DM: She sends a spear of Godfire lancing through the Wriggling Dread.
Gerald: "Not entirely sure how that’s helpful in this scenario but I'll take it, this is cool."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 16 ( Total: 49 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6r1+12 and got 2, 6 ( Total: 20.0 )
Aleith|DM: Dealing 20 fire damage!
Aleith|DM: It thrashes about with its tentacles. [Flailing Tentacles]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 6 ( Total: 31.0 ) for Chandra, Zane
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 15 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Total: 71.0, Avg: 10.50
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+19 and got 5, 3 ( Total: 27.0 )
Aleith|DM: 27 damage to Zane and he is grabbed! [Escape DC 25]
Aleith|DM: It's snakelike head has no eyes, just massive rows of teeth as it bites at Chandrasekhar.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 7 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: But misses.
Gerald‘ [Defensive Volley] [-13 damage for Zane]
Aleith|DM: It then hurls Zane at Gerald like a missile.
Gerald: "Oh man, this is some twisted kinda mouse eating rat shit going on right now with you Za - WAAAAH!"
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 11 ( Total: 34 ) for vs Ref, AP spent on this
Zane: "Ack!"
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+17 and got 3, 4, 8, 8 ( Total: 40.0 )
Aleith|DM: 40 damage to Gerald, and he’s knocked prone! Zane takes 20 damage and is knocked prone as well!
Gerald: "Is this what it feels like to be on the opposite end of our fights…? Ow."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Ernst | 31:Chandrasekhar | 30:Phyllis | 29:Zane | 28:Gerald | 22:Kasvarina | 16:Wriggling Dread |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Chandrasekhar: "Hahahaha, it's not nearly that bad."
Chandrasekhar: "This thing IS a little scary though. Not as scary as -you-, Gerald."
Stocke waddles forward then fires off a [Bond of Transference] at the creature.
Zane: "Yeah, I suspect."
Gerald‘ rolled d20+29 and got 11 ( Total: 40 ) for vs Fort
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Gerald` rolled 2d8r1+14 and got 6, 5 ( Total: 25.0 ) for Chandra is no longer eating a DoT, and the monster is instead! only EoNT though.
Stocke then uses the heal on Gerald and Zane, as I believe it’s double target.
Aleith|DM: It is
[OOC] Gerald: which is… surge +11
[OOC] Aleith|DM: only his temp HP one is double target rather
[OOC] Gerald: oh okay
[OOC] Gerald: surge +13 THP then
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 25!] from Bond of Transference
Chandrasekhar prays for [Virtue] and then slams the thing with a [Castigating Strike]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+24 and got 12 ( Total: 36 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+9 and got 5, 8, 3 ( Total: 25 ) for divine sanction
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 25!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis utters a [Healing Word] at Gerald. He can heal [surge+3d6]. Then, seeing as how it's the Malice Lands, she casts [Summon Succubus], the need finally having arisen.
Phyllis rolled 3d6 and got 4, 3, 3 ( Total: 10 ) for add surge to this, Gerald!
[OOC] Phyllis: and spend it obviously
Phyllis: And the Succubus acts of her own accord, attacking the Wriggling Dead. (Phyllis is dazed until the end of her next turn.)
Phyllis rolled d20+22 and got 14 ( Total: 36.0 ) for vs will
Phyllis rolled d10+13 and got 2 ( Total: 15.0 ) for one of the few untyped damage attacks in her arsenal
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!
Gerald: "Huh I didn't know she could do that."
[OOC] Phyllis: would be dominated! except it's charm
[OOC] Aleith|DM: alas
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane‘ rights himself and zips right back into the fight, blade slashing at the tentacled horror. [stand up, charge]
Zane` rolled d20+25 and got 2 ( Total: 27 ) for vs Will [Ki Focus Daily]
[OOC] Zane: NOT A ONE thank god
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` doesn’t even both standing back up and just unloads into the monster. [Biting Volley]
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 8 ( Total: 31 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 10 [Total: 33]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 64
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 13 ( Total: 36 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 4 [Total: 27]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 63
Gerald` rolled d8+16 and got 7 ( Total: 23 ) for thank god that’s vs ref
d8+16: 4 [Total: 20]
Also rolled 2d8+12 and got 3, 3 [Total: 18]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 61
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 61!] It issues forth another disgusting cascade! [Vomitous Expulsion
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for oh right mishap chance from summoning
Aleith|DM rolled 5#d20+23(1) and got 9 ( Total: 32.0 ) for vs Ref, Chandra, Gerald, Zane, Kasvarina, Succubus
Also rolled 5#d20+23(2) and got 19 [Total: 42.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+23(3) and got 14 [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+23(4) and got 7 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+23(5) and got 12 [Total: 35.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 176.0, Avg: 12.20
Aleith|DM rolled 4d6+20 and got 5, 6, 5, 3 ( Total: 39.0 )
Aleith|DM: 39 damage and ongoing 20 acid (SE) to Chandrasekhar, Gerald, Zane, and the Succubus!
Chandrasekhar: "Now would be a good time to murder this."
Ernst does that other reaction where Gerald gets DR and THP from the attack…
Zane: "Blech. working on it."
Gerald‘ fires a [Disruptive Shot] to Save The Succubus
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 2 ( Total: 25 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 7 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 55
Gerald` could miss too, I guess.
Kasvarina flies up behind it and stabs it before hitting it with a lance of Godfire.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+29 and got 3 ( Total: 32.0 ) for vs AC, Ref
d20+27: 5 [Total: 32.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 64.0, Avg: 4.00
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+8 and got 3, 2 ( Total: 13.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!
Aleith|DM: It thrashes about with its tentacles. [Flailing Tentacles]
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+25(1) and got 2 ( Total: 27.0 ) for Chandra, Zane, Kasvarina
Also rolled 3#d20+25(2) and got 20 [Total: 45.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+25(3) and got 16 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 113.0, Avg: 12.67
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+19 and got 7, 7 ( Total: 33.0 )
Aleith|DM: 33 damage to Zane and Kasvarina!
Aleith|DM: Both are grabbed!
Aleith|DM: It tries to bite Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 13 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM rolled 4d12+9 and got 3, 4, 7, 10 ( Total: 33.0 )
Aleith|DM: Dealing 33 damage and swallowing him!
Gerald` [Disruptive Shot]s to save the orc!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 7 ( Total: 30 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 19 [Total: 42]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 72
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled d8+16 and got 8 ( Total: 24 ) for -8 to hit
Aleith|DM: It’s disrupted! [24]
Aleith|DM: It hurls Kasvarina at Gerald in retaliation!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Zane and Chandrasekhar can Opportunity Attack
[OOC] Gerald: +6 auto fire
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 9 ( Total: 32.0 ) for vs Ref
Zane‘ rolled d20+24 and got 4 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Kasvarina takes 20 damage and falls prone, but Gerald manages to dodge.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Ernst | 31:Chandrasekhar | 30:Phyllis | 29:Zane | 28:Gerald | 22:Kasvarina | 16:Wriggling Dread |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Gerald: "You can really feel the malice in the air here…!"
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+23 and got 2 ( Total: 25 )
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: +24
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: not that it matters, RIP
Chandrasekhar: "They didn’t name them the Cupcake Lands, Gerald."
Zane: "I'd move here if they did…"
Stocke gives Zane and Chandra Surge+13 HP, and then Ernst lets off a [Siphon Fate] attack.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 2 ( Total: 25 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 10 [Total: 33]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 58
Aleith|DM: That’s vs AC isn't it?
[OOC] Gerald: yes :(
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: does anyone need to make a saving throw btw
[OOC] Gerald: yes
Aleith|DM: half the party actually
[OOC] Gerald: i am wearing a 20 DoT, as is zane and kas IIRC
[OOC] Zane: aye but with any luck it'll be dead soon
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar, Zane, and Gerald have ongoing 20 acid
[OOC] Zane: ongoing 14 thank you very much. superior fortitude is the shit >_>
[OOC] Aleith|DM: :o
Chandrasekhar roars. "Gerald! Hang in there!" [Divine Mettle - make a saving throw with a +4 bonus] [Ardent Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+24 and got 17 ( Total: 41 )
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+9 and got 3 ( Total: 12 )
Chandrasekhar rolled d20 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for vs. ongoing
Gerald‘ rolled d20+4 and got 19 ( Total: 23 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12!
Gerald: "Thanks!"
each ally that can see you within 5 squares of you gains a bonus to saving throws equal to your Charisma modifier until the start of your next turn
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: so, Zane gets a +6 saving throw bonus
[OOC] Zane: yea boi
[OOC] Zane: i’mma roll a 3 but I appreciate you
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: <3
Aleith|DM: Also Zane and Gerald!
[OOC] Phyllis: yeah go ahead, i'm … trying to figure out something
Zane‘ twists to get free of the tentacle and then drives his sword into the creatures underbelly. [Escape, MBA]
Zane` rolled d20+18 and got 11 ( Total: 29 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: also means we can hopefully wrap this up sooner
Zane` rolled d20+24 and got 5 ( Total: 29 )
Aleith|DM: Escaped! Miss!
Zane` APs to fucking kill this thing already jesus christ
Zane` rolled d20+24 and got 14 ( Total: 38 )
Phyllis takes a [Full Defense] and [AP->Fiat] commands the Wriggling Dead to chase its own tail or tail-like appendage. (( Move action, run it in circles, enough to provoke OAs from Zane and Chandra ))
Zane` rolled 2d10+50 and got 5, 7 ( Total: 62.0 ) for furious assault, poison, attack finesse, brute dice, maximized assassin strike vs bloody [ki focus daily], bonus damage vs bloodied from feat and ki focus
Also rolled 2d8 and got 4, 6 [Total: 10 (Avg), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 5d8 and got 1, 1, 3, 2, 2 [Total: 9 (Low), Avg: 1.80]
Total: 81.0, Avg: 3.44
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 81!
Aleith|DM: OAs from Chandrasekhar and Zane!
Zane: Death Attack
Gerald` finishes it off with a [Twin Strike] probably!
Zane: ¬_¬
Aleith|DM: Oh.
Aleith|DM: Right.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 13 ( Total: 36 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 14 [Total: 37]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 73
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 15 ( Total: 38 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 17 [Total: 40]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 78
[OOC] Gerald: oh right death attack
Aleith|DM: Okay it’s extra dead now
Chandrasekhar: "-ahahaha what in the world happened there."
Angus walks up from behind. "That was rather impressive. A bit touch-and-go there, but well-handled."
Gerald‘ spend a couple of seconds flying around in circles before the spell fades away. "Uugh that was decidedly Un Fun. The monster I mean, flying is cool."
Zane` carefully wipes his sword clean and sheathes it. "Is there a river nearby? I want a bath right now like you wouldn’t believe."
Angus: "I believe there's one over in this direction…"
Zane: "Magnificent."
Gerald: "I agree. … Man has it seriously not been five minutes yet?" Gerald tumbles through the air, towards the river.
Zane` just got puked on by that thing, it is totally bath time.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License