Zg Session 79

Everything is colored in monochrome. You stand on the deck of a great seafaring vessel, except the area has been converted into the site of a grand party. Dozens of guests move about in amusement, sharing laughter and casual conversation alike. The familiar face of Stover Delft emerges from the crowd and he snags one of your arms.
Delft: "Do me a favor and go make sure the Duchess isn't 'sleeping through' the king's speech in order to embarrass her brother."
Suddenly, the back of the ship erupts in a great burst of gray and black flame. Eyes seethe with hunger as the fire coalesces into three misshapen, four-legged beasts clad in steel skin, all rushing down to consume those on the deck.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 38:Flame Demon C | 37:Flame Demon B | 36:Ernst | 35:Garrett | 30:Zane | 29:Flame Demon A | 28:Gerald | 24:Phyllis | 16:Chandrasekhar |
Gerald‘ opens his mouth, pauses, glances at Phyliis.
Gerald: "I remember this going down a lot differently, did you mess with our memories or is the fire bad at reading them…?"
Zane: "I suspect the temple is using the memories more like window dressing."
Garrett: "I remember getting stabbed, not…" He waves a hand down range. "Burned or however this is going to go."
Gerald: "Also incoming!" [Word of Warning]
Phyllis rolled d20+14 and got 20 ( Total: 34.0 ) for 10 or this, whichever’s higher
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 41:Ernst | 40:Garrett | 39:Phyllis | 38:Flame Demon C | 37:Flame Demon B | 35:Zane | 33:Gerald | 29:Flame Demon A | 21:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst steps forward before firing a [GMW] at Flame Demon C.
Ernst rolled d20+27 and got 12 ( Total: 39.0 )
Aleith|DM: hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+15 and got 6, 6 ( Total: 27.0 ) for +8 to hit, +4 dmg, brutal 1 to Zane, Gerald, Garrett and Stocke because I totally put him down first
Phyllis tilts her head at the trio. "Laragorn, Curlax, Moebius, if I'm not mistaken? Or is that just a coincidence - "
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 27!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Zane: "Bless you, bless you, and bless you. Do you need a handkerchief, ursinho?"
Garrett: "Hah!" He glides across the deck [Move Action] [Tumbling Strike], and stabs at Demon C as he hops up from the tumble!
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+27 and got 16 ( Total: 43 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Garrett: plus another 8 but loooool
Garrett` rolled 3d4r1+36: 3, 2, (1, 4) [Total: 45.0 (High), Avg and got 3.00
Also rolled 3d8 and got 6, 7, 1 [Total: 14 (High), Avg: 4.67]
Total: 59.0, Avg: 3.83
[Free Action - Frost Dagger]
Garrett` rolled 2d8+19 and got 6, 2 ( Total: 27 ) for slowed UEoNT
[OOC] Garrett: tumbling was a minor so
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 59! 27!
Garrett` slices and dices as he circles Demon C! [Circling Predator]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+35 and got 6 ( Total: 41 ) for vs aC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 4r1 in 1d4r1+36
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+36: (1, 2) [Total: 38.0 (Low), Avg and got 2.00
Aleith|DM: //Bloodied! [38!]

Garrett` rolled 1d20+35 and got 17 ( Total: 52 ) for vs aC attack 2
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+36 and got 2 ( Total: 38.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 38!
[Trigger: Bloodied ’im] [Free ACtion - Press the Advantage]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+35 and got 2 ( Total: 37 ) for vs AC PTA
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 4r1 in 2d4r1+36
Garrett` rolled 2d4r1+36 and got 3, 3 ( Total: 42.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 42!
Garrett: "Think you can finish ’im?"
Gerald: "Preetty sure Zane's got that yeah."
Garrett: "Talkin' to Phyllis!"
Garrett: "Then it's not over yet!" //[AP] [Sly Flourish]

Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+35 and got 9 ( Total: 44 ) for vs aC
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+41: (1, 3) [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg and got 3.00
Also rolled 3d8 and got 8, 6, 5 [Total: 19 (High), Avg: 6.33]
Total: 63.0, Avg: 5.50
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis turns her attention to the other two (A and B). "Dreams within dreams. What happens when you fall asleep in the land of the fey..?" [Glib Tongue] [Slumber of the Winter Court] [Both: Amulet of Elegy, Demon A: Orb of Mental Dominion + Orb of Imposition]
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 17 ( Total: 43.0 ) for vs Will, +2 from CA (Word of Warning), +2 from Glib Tongue - Dazed+Slowed on-hit, slowed on miss, both have different "first failed saving throw" riders
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 2 [Total: 28.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 71.0, Avg: 9.50
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Chandrasekhar: "(I believe the canonical legend about that concerns turtles, Phyllis.)"
Phyllis: Dazed + Slowed (save ends)! [Demon B: -6 to first save, -2 on all subsequent ones] [Demon A: -10 to first save, -2 on subsequent ones, roll twice take lower on all] [First Failed Saving Throw: Unconscious for 1d4 hours or until it takes damage]
Aleith|DM: Your attacks tear apart the steel shell holding in its fiery interior. It flails and screams as its body collapses, but the flames within start to flare uncontrollably, building toward an explosion.
Aleith|DM: Garrett, you’re now standing in a zone that does 20 fire and necrotic damage to any creature that starts its turn there or enters the zone.
Aleith|DM: Coaltongue Flame Demon B thrashes, before running up and smashing at Garrett! [Rampage]
Garrett‘ springs away from the approaching specter! [Immediate Interrupt - Acrobatic Escape]
[OOC] Phyllis: Can it move and attack? it’s dazed
Aleith|DM: that was one action.
[OOC] Phyllis: makin' sure <3
[OOC] Garrett: also now it's immobilized
Aleith|DM rolled d20-4 and got 17 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM: It throws off the Slumber spell!
Aleith|DM: But it's still stuck
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane‘ scrambles forward, bounding onto the metal catwalk in front of him, drawing his bow and firing at demon B.
Zane` rolled d20+33 and got 14 ( Total: 47 ) for RBA, CA, GMW
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane` rolled 9d8r1+26: 2, 4, 3, 7, (1, 6), (1, 6), 8, (1, 4), 4 [Total: 70.0 (High), Avg and got 4.89
Also rolled 4d10r1 and got 8, (1, 2), 5, 7 [Total: 22 (Avg), Avg: 5.50]
Total: 92.0, Avg: 5.08
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 92!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` fires his grappling hook at the roof near the center and uses it to swing closer, before dropping down onto the stairs and spinning up his blaster before unloading [AP] [Pounding Barrage] into B after making it as [Quarry]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 4 ( Total: 38 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 16 [Total: 50]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 88
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 8 ( Total: 42 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 9 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 85
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 6 ( Total: 40 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 11 [Total: 45]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 85
Aleith|DM: All hits!
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 8r1 in 3#3d8r1+20
Gerald` rolled 3#3d8r1+20(1) and got 3, 3, 2 ( Total: 28.0 )
Also rolled 3#3d8r1+20(2) and got 4, 3, 2 [Total: 29.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 3#3d8r1+20(3) and got 3, 5, 6 [Total: 34.0 (High), Avg: 4.67]
Also rolled 2d8+18 and got 6, 4 [Total: 28.0 (Avg), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 1d6 and got 4 [Total: 4 (High), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 123.0, Avg: 3.75
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 123!
Gerald` fires a single shot from a follow up [Biting Volley] into B, then the other into A.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 5 ( Total: 39 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 10 [Total: 44]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 83
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 11 ( Total: 45 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 16 [Total: 50]
Aleith|DM: //Hits!

[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 95
Gerald` rolled 3d8r1+20 and got 5, 4, 3 ( Total: 32.0 )
Also rolled 1d8r1+20 and got 8 [Total: 28.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 60.0, Avg: 5.00
Aleith|DM: Flame Demon A floats closer…
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20-8(1) and got 12 ( Total: 4.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20-8(2) and got 1 [Total: -7.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: -3.0, Avg: 6.50
Aleith|DM: And falls unconcious
Phyllis rolled d4 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for for hours
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] Flame Demon B also explodes into flames…covering the same area as previously.
Aleith|DM: And [28!] to A.
Gerald: "Beautiful."
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Garrett: "That’s some good tactics."
Chandrasekhar: "So I suppose I've mentioned how little I ever want to ever be on any of your bad sides…"
Chandrasekhar: "Let alone all of you at once."
Gerald: "I wonder if we could get the third into the same spot too, but thta imght be showing off."
Phyllis: "It's drifted off for a few hours."
Gerald: "Oh."
Phyllis: "Scribble over it with paint if you want."
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: will hitting it wake it up, is this FFXI?
[OOC] Phyllis: it depends on the power - in this case, yes
[OOC] Phyllis: I vote we let one of our strikers Coup de Grace it with their hardest hitting power
[OOC] Phyllis: or, well, whoever hits hardest
Chandrasekhar rolls up to it and hits it with a divine challenge, at the very least. It can TRY to get away!
[OOC] Garrett: let's roll it into the sea
[OOC] Phyllis: … yeah actually
Garrett: "Ok, time for a buddy lift."
Gerald: "Yeah, it doesn't seem especially seaworthy…"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 41:Ernst | 40:Garrett | 39:Phyllis | 35:Zane | 33:Gerald | 29:Flame Demon A | 21:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst: "I'll leave you to that."
Ernst makes his way around the boat.
Garrett‘ nods. "See, that part definitely feels familiar."
Aleith|DM: The flames left from Demon C explodes! [Death Throes]
Gerald: "Haha."
Aleith|DM rolled 6#d20+20(1) and got 9 ( Total: 29.0 ) for vs Ref, Chandra, Ernst, Garrett, Gerald, Stocke, Demon A
Also rolled 6#d20+20(2) and got 5 [Total: 25.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+20(3) and got 1 [Total: 21.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+20(4) and got 14 [Total: 34.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+20(5) and got 12 [Total: 32.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+20(6) and got 9 [Total: 29.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 170.0, Avg: 8.33
Aleith|DM rolled 4d12+16 and got 1, 11, 8, 10 ( Total: 46.0 )
Gerald` shoots it with a [Disruptive Shot] to avoid getting burned, that’s a lot of damage.
Aleith|DM: Hitting Stocke and the demon for 46 fire and necrotic damage! The rest take 23 damage!
Gerald: "Guah."
Aleith|DM: The flame from Demon C shrinks to a much smaller form 3 inches in size.
Aleith|DM: Demon B's flames are still covering the area….
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Phyllis: "Well, at least that explains where those are from."
Phyllis: "Garrett, Chandra, feel free to keep close. I've got you covered."
Garrett: "How close?"
Phyllis: "You're good there."
Garrett‘ nods and slashes up the demon! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+27 and got 16 ( Total: 43 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+37 and got 4 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 5, 2, 8 [Total: 15]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 56
Garrett` cuts across it’s… uh… spirit tail! [Low Slash]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 56!
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+27 and got 7 ( Total: 34 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+32 and got 2 ( Total: 34 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 34!
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis steps up and covers herself, Garrett, and Chandra with elemental wards. [Flame’s Protection - Resist 10 cold and fire UEoPNT]. She follows up with [Mesmeric Hold] to keep it in place, then images of Chandra striking at it from three angles at once. [AP->Illusory Ambush]
Phyllis rolled d20+25 and got 17 ( Total: 42.0 ) for vs will, +4 for only being one target, I think -2 for being prone?
Phyllis rolled 2d6+16 and got 4, 1 ( Total: 21.0 ) for psychic damage and Immobilized UEoPNT
Phyllis rolled d20+21 and got 13 ( Total: 34.0 ) for -2 for targetting prone with ranged
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled d6+16 and got 2 ( Total: 18.0 ) for -6 tohit
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
[OOC] Phyllis: and 21!
Aleith|DM: Yes
Zane clambers on top of the wheelhouse and shoots another arrow at the flame demon. [RBA]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 1 ( Total: 22 )
Aleith|DM: Accurate.
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Aleith|DM: Oh wait.
Aleith|DM: Flame demon B also explodes now.
[OOC] Gerald: I don't get to act first? >:(
Aleith|DM: Nope
Aleith|DM rolled 6#d20+20(1) and got 15 ( Total: 35.0 ) for vs Ref, Chandra, Ernst, Garrett, Gerald, Stocke, Demon A
Also rolled 6#d20+20(2) and got 10 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+20(3) and got 7 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+20(4) and got 7 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+20(5) and got 11 [Total: 31.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+20(6) and got 18 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 188.0, Avg: 11.33
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 18 ( Total: 33.0 ) for Phyllis, superior cover
Aleith|DM rolled 4d12+16 and got 9, 2, 8, 1 ( Total: 36.0 )
Aleith|DM: 36 fire and necrotic damage to Stocke, the demon, and Phyllis! 18 fire/necrotic to Chandra, Ernst, Garrett, and Gerald!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: wait no 18 to Phyllis
[OOC] Phyllis: it's against ref, right?
[OOC] Phyllis: yeah i was gonna say
Gerald: "Uugh okay lets make this a little less painful."
Phyllis: " - oh."
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ fires his [Shrink Ray] at the remaining dragon. Make that explosion real small, like.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 16 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 1 [Total: 26]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 67
Aleith|DM: The flame from Demon B joins with C’s, and it's now a couple inches larger.
Phyllis: "My apologies, I thought that was going to be, um."
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Phyllis: "Only Jiese-aligned - "
Gerald‘ rolled 3d8+22 and got 8, 2, 8 ( Total: 40 ) for do you need me to c/o what shrink does.
Gerald` then backs up just to be safe.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 40!
Aleith|DM: The Coaltongue Flame Demon reorientates itself [Stand Up] and then swings at Chandrasekhar twice in a Rampage!
Aleith|DM: Its limbs resemble slagged engine parts seething with gray flame, and they hit with the force of a steam locomotive…toy-sized.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 10 ( Total: 26.0 )
d20+20: 10 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 56.0, Avg: 10.00
Aleith|DM: Missing twice!
Aleith|DM: It…repeats this. [AP!]
Chandrasekhar: "Adorable."
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 9 ( Total: 29.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 16 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 65.0, Avg: 12.50
Aleith|DM rolled 2d12+18,50% and got 5, 6 ( Total: 14.5 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 14 damage!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar takes a swing at it - [Ardent Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+24 and got 13 ( Total: 37 )
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+9 and got 2 ( Total: 11 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: The area around it bursts into flames as they start building towards another explosion!
Garrett` immediately heads for the other end of the ship.
Phyllis does as well.
Aleith|DM: After the last demon explodes, the flame moves to join the other larger one, becoming about hand-sized.
Gerald: "Okay Ernst."
Gerald: "I know it’s been a while since it's mattered…"
Gerald: "But I think you gotta heal people now."
Ernst can't help but laugh. "You don't say."
Gerald: "I preferred our version of events that featured signifigantly less explosions."
Chandrasekhar: "A different sort of party fireworks, to be sure."
Phyllis steps over to the flame, picking this one up and peering at it.
Aleith|DM: As with everything else, it's shaded in monochrome.
Aleith|DM: And as you pick it up, the vision comes to an end.
Ernst full heals himself, Zane and Phyllis and then gets to work on deducting surges to full heal the others. ((Just deducting 5 surges for the other heals))
Aleith|DM: You find yourselves standing in a relatively bare stone room with a washing basin and clean robes.
Gerald‘ uses one to clean off all the soot.
Gerald: "I wonder where the next one’s gunna send us."
Aleith|DM: You're covered in a fair amount of it, yes.
Phyllis: "You mean when."
Garrett‘ washes his face, plucks a few singed hairs.
Gerald: "Hope it’s the train. That was a fun job."
Garrett: "I'd rather skip the endpoint of that one."
Phyllis: "Shouldn't be. That covers near past, distant past."
Phyllis: "The other two are likely near future and far future."
Gerald: "Oh."
Gerald: "That's way harder to guess."
Phyllis: "If you're an eschatologist, they'd wager 'far future' is 'everything covered in ice, forever.'"
Chandrasekhar lets out a puff of breath. "If one of 'em's the end of the world, Lenz is gonna have a LOT of essays to write."
Phyllis nods at Chandra.
Garrett: "That sounds a lot like 'your dagger is going to be fairly useless soon,' Phyllis." He visibly slumps.
Phyllis pauses, then turns to Garrett. "For a moment, I thought you meant 'as useless as everything else because it's all turned to dust,' but no, you meant the enchantment on yours."
Garrett‘ nods. "Yeah, I figure there’ll still be something to kill at the end there."
Garrett: "Good odds? Even odds? In any case, 'near future!' That should be good. I wonder if it takes us into account."
Phyllis: "I'm betting another light out front is lit, as well."
Phyllis: "Probably something. 'At the end of the world, I rise.'"
Phyllis briefly steps into room 5 and outside to take a look.
Aleith|DM: One of the hands on the mural has a grey flame now, yes.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: glowing grey flame
Phyllis steps back in. "Alright. Someone else decide where to next. Before I do."
Aleith|DM: Room 9 is just emanating heat. Room 12 has fog flowing obscuring the doorway.
Gerald: "All the same to me if it's unknown anyway."
Chandrasekhar: "You're the expert on the future, aren't you?"
Phyllis gestures at room 12. "Well, when you put it like that."
Phyllis: "After you."
Gerald‘ heads on in.
Garrett` follows!
Aleith|DM: Fire again, blindingly bright. No, not fire, not quite. A magic portal sits within a platinum loop in front of you, and through it you see a vast golden dome reflecting the light of dawn, and around it the glint of the sun off silvery spears. You squint as your eyes adjust, and see above you a dark overcast sky, which has broken only enough to reveal the moon. Below you a city sprawls out to the horizon. You stand on a balcony jutting forth from a nauseatingly high tower. Beneath you, the city’s buildings are bone white. All you can hear is the scratchy flutter of the wind.
Garrett‘ perches on the balcony. Almost like a bat, but a man.
[OOC] Garrett: AM I GETTING URBAN BONUSES
Aleith|DM: Hmmm. Sure, why not.
Aleith|DM: The light in the portal flickers, turns black, and then the wind is joined by another moan from within the platinum loop.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 37:Tragedy A | 32:Garrett | 32:Chandrasekhar | 32:Tragedy C | 30:Gerald | 26:Zane | 25:Tragedy B | 23:Tragedy D | 18:Ernst | 17:Phyllis |
Gerald: "Does this look familiar to anyone?"
Chandrasekhar: "I like the future’s aesthetic, but…"
Garrett: "Not a bit!"
Zane: "Not familiar to me, no."
Phyllis rolled d20+14 and got 8 ( Total: 22.0 ) for Danger Sense
Aleith|DM: From the north portal flows a spirit with dim yellow flames clinging to its wraithlike form, and golden cinders burn in the pits of its skull-like sockets.
Aleith|DM: Other wailing faces drift across their robes then vanish, like a drowning horde struggling to break the surface for a last gasp of breath.
Gerald: "Chandra… this isn't a good aesthetic."
Aleith|DM: It floats next to Ernst, before a screaming mouth appears on the pallid palm that reaches for his face. Overwhelming grief causes his legs to buckle. [Flyby Attack, Mourning Touch]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 6 ( Total: 26 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Missing! It backs off a bit
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ tumbles over to Tragedy C and gives it a strike! [Tumbling Strike]
Chandrasekhar: "It’s better than, like… factories?"
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+27 and got 19 ( Total: 46 ) for vs AC
Garrett: !Roll 3d4+22 3d8 ; now vuln5 cold
Garrett` rolled 3d4+22 and got 3, 4, 3 ( Total: 32 ) for now vuln5 cold
Also rolled 3d8 and got 1, 1, 6 [Total: 8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 40
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 32!
Phyllis: "… why am I reminded of the Ancients? Various metals, the color scheme…"
Aleith|DM: Oh. Wait. [16!]
[OOC] Garrett: 20?
Gerald: "Well, they seem to have the Being Dead thing down to a T at least."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: yes 20 I can’t read
Garrett‘ carves up Tragedy C some more! [Circling Predator]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+27 and got 4 ( Total: 31 ) for vs AC
Garrett: !Roll 1d4+27
Garrett` rolled 1d4+27 and got 2 ( Total: 29 )
Garrett` rolled 1d20+27 and got 4 ( Total: 31 ) for vs AC
Garrett: !Roll 1d4+27
Garrett` rolled 1d4+27 and got 1 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Bloodied! [14! 14!]
Garrett: "Whoof. He a’int goin' down easy."
Gerald: "Don't worry I got this."
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Gerald: "Well, for values of this that go one at a time anyway."
Phyllis: "Is this even supposed to be the material plane?"
Chandrasekhar prays for [Virtue] and charges tragedy A!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+25 and got 4 ( Total: 29 ) for Ardent Strike vs. AC
Aleith|DM: The architecture is actually pretty…Clergy-like, Phyllis.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: bleh
Phyllis: Oh.
Gerald: "I'd assume so? I didn't have any plans to leave anytime soon."
Aleith|DM: Tragedy C reaches towards Garrett… [Mourning Touch]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 20 ( Total: 40 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 30 psychic damage, and Garrett falls prone and cannot take opportunity and immediate actions until the end of the tragedy's next turn!
Gerald‘ saves Garrett. [Disruptive Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 18 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 9 [Total: 32]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 73
Aleith|DM: A crit still hits even on a ’miss'…
Ernst rolled 1d100 and got 58 ( Total: 58 ) for d20+21 ; vs Fort
Phyllis: " - IS IT A LIGHTHOUSE"
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+18 and got 3, 6 ( Total: 27.0 )
Ernst swaps Garrett and A's positions before the attack.
[OOC] Ernst: Surprising Transposition
Aleith|DM: Oh. I suppose that works too.
Aleith|DM: Cancel Gerald's interrupt then?
Gerald‘ did not shootan if it wouldn’t of done anything anyway.
[OOC] Ernst: So 30 prone etc to the other enemy
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!] to Tragedy C then!
Gerald: "Hmm…"
Garrett‘ blinks and quickly looks around!
Garrett: "Whoa."
Ernst: "You’re welcome."
Gerald: "…Maybe? We usually keep fire in those, not a uh, bundle of spears."
Aleith|DM: You barely have time to catch your balance on the edge of the stairway leading down this tower…
Aleith|DM: Tragedy C moves out over the edge of the tower.
Gerald: "OH you mean the MAGIC lighthouses."
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald: "Yeah okay that probably stands to reason. Good thinking!"
Gerald‘ moves forward a bit to get closer to D, flips a switch on the blaster as he marks it as his [Quarry], then unloads a [Pounding Barrage] for force rounds into it.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 5 ( Total: 28 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 14 [Total: 37]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 65
Aleith|DM: Doesn’t really look like a lighthouse…
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 1 ( Total: 24 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 20 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 67
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 18 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 4 [Total: 27]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 68
Aleith|DM: Just a really tall tower.
Aleith|DM: 1 hit each!
Gerald` rolled d8+16 and got 3 ( Total: 19 ) for Full Damage, Baby.
Also rolled 1d8+16 and got 5 [Total: 21]
Also rolled 4d6+50 and got 3, 5, 6, 4 [Total: 68]
Also rolled 2d10+12 and got 1, 8 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 129
Gerald: "Ahahahaha!"
Garrett: "Smeared it!"
Aleith|DM: It disappears, turning into a small yellow flame that lands on the balcony in front of the portal.
Gerald: "So a while back I installed this ghost killer part and haven’t have a real change to test it out yet… that was cool."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 37:Tragedy A | 32:Garrett | 32:Chandrasekhar | 32:Tragedy C | 30:Gerald | 26:Zane | 25:Tragedy B | 22:Phyllis | 18:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Chandrasekhar: "Ghost… killer… part?"
Gerald: "Listen I can shoot laser beams that shrink things."
Gerald: "It is really that weird that I configured some settings inside so that it's ALSO especially good at shredding things that aren't entirely tangible?"
Garrett: "You busted that ghost pretty dang good!"
Zane‘ runs down beside Gerald and raises his left hand. Silvery-blue light takes the form of a bow and he draws the ethereal string to his ear before firing at Tragedy B. [RBA]
Chandrasekhar: "It just amuses me that you thought to pack that very specific heat. Not really surprised, though, no."
Zane` rolled d20+23 and got 9 ( Total: 32 )
Garrett: "We -have- had lotsa ghost problems before."
Gerald: "We were doing a lot of falling into weird shadow-ghost land without any warning at the time."
Chandrasekhar: "Between you and Mr. Bieito, I’d be surprised if there's anything living or dead-but-walking that we couldn't inexplicitly grudgemurder." He grins.
Zane: "I do what I can."
Aleith|DM: Oh, by the way, the area in the middle of the tower there has a roof over it, a gigantic amethyst set in the ceiling, the area held up by columns around the edges. On the ground below is a slightly-smaller yellow topaz set into the floor. Lying atop the topaz is a man, though you can't make out the features due to the shadows.
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane‘ rolled 9d8+10 and got 2, 1, 3, 8, 1, 4, 4, 1, 3 ( Total: 37.0 ) for Attack Finesse, Furious Assault, Brute stance dice
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!] Death Attack! [KO!
Aleith|DM: oh, B, not C
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
Phyllis: "Oh."
Phyllis: "’Miller's Pyre.'"
Phyllis: "Of course."
Garrett: "…oh, really?"
Phyllis: "In a more literal sense. Or at least, that's who I imagine is on the topaz…"
Aleith|DM: Tragedy B flies up and tries to touch Zane. [Flyby Attack]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 2 ( Total: 22 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis steps south a bit and conjures pairs of eyes to stare at the various Tragedies. [Glib Tongue][Mesmeric Hold]
Phyllis rolled 3#25(1) and got 2, 1 ( Total: 3 ) for vs Will
Also rolled 3#25(2) and got 5, 3 [Total: 8 (High), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 3#25(3) and got 5, 4 [Total: 9 (High), Avg: 4.50]
Total: 20, Avg: 3.33
[OOC] Phyllis: er.
Phyllis rolled 3#d20+25(1) and got 12 ( Total: 37.0 ) for +2 from Glib Tongue
Also rolled 3#d20+25(2) and got 8 [Total: 33.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+25(3) and got 16 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 111.0, Avg: 12.00
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Phyllis rolled 2d6+16 and got 1, 6 ( Total: 23.0 ) for Psychic damage (probably halved from insub?), Immobilized
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 11!] [11!] [11
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst fires a [Magic Weapon] at Tragedy B.
Ernst rolled d20+25 and got 7 ( Total: 32.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled d20+25 and got 1 ( Total: 26.0 ) for Other shotgun shot
Aleith|DM: And a miss.
Ernst rolled d8+12 and got 2 ( Total: 14.0 ) for - 1 AC to the enemy, +4 to hit, +4 damage, brutal 1 to Phyllis
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 7!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 37:Tragedy A | 32:Garrett | 32:Chandrasekhar | 32:Tragedy C | 30:Gerald | 26:Zane | 25:Tragedy B | 22:Phyllis | 18:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Tragedy A stands up and strugges against the Mesmeric Hold.
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Aleith|DM: And Chandrasekhar!
Garrett‘ advances forward a bit and pitches his dagger at Tragedy C! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+25 and got 12 ( Total: 37 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d4+25 and got 3 ( Total: 28 ) for now vuln 5 cold but…
Aleith|DM: Bloodied! [14!]
[OOC] Garrett: C
Aleith|DM: Whoops. [14!] still.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: shit sorry hang on
Chandrasekhar tries the same trick on Tragedy A, hopefully with more success this time!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+25 and got 20 ( Total: 45 ) for Ardent Strike vs. AC
[OOC] Zane: great success
Aleith|DM: Critical!
Chandrasekhar rolled 4d6+17 and got 4, 6, 1, 1 ( Total: 29 ) for divine sanction, +2 all defenses USONT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!
Aleith|DM: Tragedy C also struggles in place.
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` takes a couple steps back, before marking B as his [Quarry[ then starts up a [Biting Volley]…
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 4 ( Total: 27 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 8 [Total: 31]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 58
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled 3d8+16 and got 2, 6, 6 ( Total: 30 ) for full damage
Also rolled 1d10+6 and got 1 [Total: 7]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 37
Aleith|DM: Bloodied! [37!]
Gerald: "All yours Zane -" Gerald then spins around and fires the other shot at A
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 17 ( Total: 40 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 2 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 65
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled d8+16 and got 8 ( Total: 24 )
d10+6: 5 [Total: 11]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 35
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 35! KO!] It turns into a small yellow flame.
Aleith|DM: The many mouths that mar the wraith’s skin wail constantly, and the madness of a long-ago tragedy grips Zane. [Tragic Aura]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 7 ( Total: 27 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: He shrugs it off though. [Immune to the aura]
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane` responds by driving his sword into the creature before [AP] spinning and flinging a knife at the last one.
Zane` rolled 1d20+24 and got 6 ( Total: 30.0 )
Also rolled 1d20+23 and got 12 [Total: 35.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 65.0, Avg: 9.00
Aleith|DM: 2x [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Tragedy B’s yellow flame drops to the ground in front of Zane.
Aleith|DM: The flame from Tragedy C starts dropping towards the ground far below you….
Garrett: "Mage hand, mage hand!"
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Gerald: "Huh
Phyllis attempts to catch it with [Mage Hand], yes.
Aleith|DM: And you barely manage it before it would have gotten out of your range.
Phyllis reels it back in. "Get the rest and gather them, like before."
Zane‘ collects the two near him and heads up. "Dont want to see who is dead over there?"
Aleith|DM: The shadows do seem to recede slightly as you bring a couple flames closer to it…
Phyllis: "Go ahead if you wish."
Zane` does in fact head over.
Aleith|DM: But you still can’t make out his face with only two of them.
Zane: "Bring the rest of them."
Gerald: "Not that this is really a great indicator of the future other than as a general place indicator, it fucked up the details ont he past."
Garrett‘ brings a flame over! "
Zane: "Well yeah. But like, if its someone I know I should be a little nicer to them just in case."
Gerald: "Fair enough."
Chandrasekhar: "Potentials, possibilities. It’s information we didn't already have."
Phyllis: "I've already stated my theory."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis, bringing that flame over as well?
Phyllis does so, keeping it held away while peering at the man's face and bringing it closer and closer with [Mage Hand], lest the vision end before the shadows fully disperse.
Aleith|DM: The yellow flames push away the shadows covering the muscular figure wearing tattered clothes, revealingthe visage of Andrei von Recklinghausen, AKA Mister Mapple.
Zane: "Ah, well."
Gerald: "Oh no, not secret agent hobo!"
Gerald: "I though Nico liked that body."
Garrett: "I mean… this vision a'int wrong."
Garrett: "He's on the list."
Aleith|DM: When the flames are brought close enough together, the vision fades out.
Aleith|DM: As the room fades back into view, you see six bloodied and burnt corpses strewn about the room-your own.
Phyllis looks at the body, then turns her gaze to Chandra.
Aleith|DM: A moment later they vanish. Another fog-shrouded door stands in the corner.
Gerald: "Man."
Gerald: "That's how you KNOW the vision's wrong."
Garrett: "Fuck this vision! It's so inaccurate!"
Gerald: "Right? If a fire dragon couldn't burn us to death I can't imagine anything else that could."
Zane: "Mm."
Chandrasekhar seems… remarkably unshaken by that brief image.
Phyllis: "Fate is what we make of it. Visions only show one ending, not the best one."
Garrett: "Now we're all on alert to avoid fires, yeah."
Garrett‘ heads for the door.
Phyllis: "I think it was a bit more allegorical."
Phyllis: "Funny that it should show us Mapple’s Pyre, or Nicodemus' Pyre, and not Miller's Pyre."
Zane: "No sense in worrying about it now, regardless."
Zane‘ follows Garrett.
Zane: "I suspect that he was dead and Nicodemus had moved on, like discarding a tool."
Aleith|DM: The fog parts to reveal:
"Constables." Rock Rackus speaks with awkward solemnity. "Is that an asteroid I do spy?"
Through a gap in the forest canopy, you watch a white conflagration barrel through the sky, tumbling end over end as it streaks past you. The air roars with its passage. It disappears from view, but a moment later light flashes through the darkened forest from where it landed. The ground leaps beneath you, and only then do you hear the ear-shattering explosion of the impact.
"Son of a bitch!" Rackus abandons all attempts at civility. "There’s more of 'em! Follow me!"
Aleith|DM: Rock Rackus runs off into the forest, leading you and a mass of other people on a dash through the woods.
Gerald: "…The fuck?"
Garrett: "… oh man. This -is- a dark timeline."
Aleith|DM: Another object falls from the sky, smashing into the ground a bit away and shaking the earth.
Aleith|DM: You feel like you recognize some of the faces of those around you, but the darkness and blinding impact flashes make it impossible for you to make out just who.
Garrett‘ runs along after Rock!
Zane: "… I cannot imagine a future in which I actally feel like following this man is the smart choice."
Garrett: "That’s why we do it now- no consequences!"
Aleith|DM: Cracks begin to form in the ground—truly gaping, bizarre rifts that reveal that the ground is a massive hollow shell of crystal. Soil and trees tumble into the chasms, where they incandesce from the white-hot fire of the asteroids that have shattered the surface and ignited the interior.
Chandrasekhar: "It's a vision, you're supposed to follow the strangest thing you s- good Goddess."
Aleith|DM: After a minute of running, Rock shouts, "we're almost there!"
Phyllis: "Like the stardust we found in the cavern of ice giants."
Phyllis: "Like in the Nevard's prophecy. Stars, literally falling."
Aleith|DM: Through the woods ahead, the white fires of five torches illuminate what looks like a massive docked sailing ship.
Gerald: "This is *bad* batch of feypepper smoke, holy shit."
Aleith|DM: Other fires—these quite larger than torches—become visible off to your right, like another group is running toward the same ship they are.
Aleith|DM: Suddenly, another rift opens up in front of your group, slicing an unknowable distance in either direction. Some poor fools in the faceless crowd trip and fall to their deaths.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: it's 30 feet - six squares - wide
Garrett‘ continues running and takes a huge leap!
Gerald: "I know how me and Chandra are getting over but what about the rest of y-"
Aleith|DM: The several figures appear near you in a flash of light
Zane` vaults it with [Ghost of the Rooftops] and anchors himself for the rope he throws back across the chasm.
Aleith|DM: off to your right.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 35:Zane | 33:Legionnaire D | 32:Legionnaire C | 29:Phyllis | 27:LegionCommander | 23:Ernst | 22:Garrett | 22:Chandrasekhar | 21:Legionnaire A | 20:Legionnaire B | 18:Gerald | 16:Legionnaire E |
Chandrasekhar: "Not so fast, friends~."
Gerald: "I guess we kill these first…?"
Garrett: "Guess so-!"
Garrett` rolled 1d20 and got 20 ( Total: 20 )
Phyllis rolled d20+14 and got 13 ( Total: 27.0 ) for 29 or this, whichever’s higher
Phyllis: "Wonder where these are from. Gidim?"
Aleith|DM: Hundreds of feet of gold chains wrap across the wiry men like armor. Hooks in the links dig into their flesh.
Gerald: "As good a guess as an…y….ahahahahahah."
Chandrasekhar narrows his eyes.
Aleith|DM: The leader is a four-armed demonic monstrosity as it appears to have been flayed, then wrapped in golden, hooked chains.
Aleith|DM: Zane! You made it across!
Gerald: "Is that supposed to like, anchor them here or something? That's amazing."
Zane‘ runs to the south along the edge of the chasm, firing arrows at the legion commander. [RBA]
Zane` rolled 1d20+23 and got 1 ( Total: 24.0 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Despite being literally wrapped in gold, Legionnaires D and C disappear, reappearing beside Phyllis and Chandrasekhar. [Teleport]
Aleith|DM: They then stab at each of them with a gleaming and polished lance of gold, while keeping their golden shields up for defence.
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 11 ( Total: 33.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 17 [Total: 39.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 72.0, Avg: 14.00
[OOC] Phyllis: what defense, which one is mine
Aleith|DM rolled 2#2d10+10(1) and got 10, 3 ( Total: 23.0 )
Also rolled 2#2d10+10(2) and got 8, 5 [Total: 23.0 (High), Avg: 6.50]
Total: 46.0, Avg: 6.50
[OOC] Aleith|DM: AC, Phyllis then Chandrasekhar
Phyllis raises her [Shield] to fend off the lance!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar takes 23 damage!@
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 1 ( Total: 23 ) for vs reflex, secondary attack
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 35:Zane | 35:Garrett | 33:Legionnaire D | 32:Legionnaire C | 29:Phyllis | 27:LegionCommander | 23:Ernst | 22:Chandrasekhar | 21:Legionnaire A | 20:Legionnaire B | 18:Gerald | 16:Legionnaire E |
Aleith|DM: Oh right. Garrett!
Garrett` tumbles forward and strikes at the Commander! [Tumbling Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+27 and got 18 ( Total: 45 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 3d4+22 and got 4, 4, 4 ( Total: 34 ) for now vuln 5 cold, minor action
Also rolled 3d8 and got 7, 4, 8 [Total: 19]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 53
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 53!
Garrett` cuts as he dances over to the Commander’s left! [Circling Predator]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+27 and got 6 ( Total: 33 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d4+27 and got 4 ( Total: 31 )
Garrett` rolled 1d20+27 and got 16 ( Total: 43 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d4+27 and got 4 ( Total: 31 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 31! 31!
Garrett` speeds up! [AP] [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+27 and got 6 ( Total: 33 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d4+32 and got 2 ( Total: 34 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 5, 8, 2 [Total: 15]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 49
Aleith|DM: Bloodied! [49!]
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis sets an illusion in the center of the pack to draw them together [Visions of Avarice], then casts [Mass Charm] to slide them into the pit as they squabble with each other!
Phyllis sets up [Mage Hand] beforehand. Also, Mass Charm is with an AP, obviously.
Aleith|DM: Okay.
Phyllis rolled 6#d20+22(1) and got 20 ( Total: 42.0 ) for Commander, A-E
Also rolled 6#d20+22(2) and got 14 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+22(3) and got 18 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+22(4) and got 17 [Total: 39.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+22(5) and got 3 [Total: 25.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+22(6) and got 11 [Total: 33.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 215.0, Avg: 13.83
Aleith|DM: Hits everything but legionnaire D!
Aleith|DM: Did…you take a step back first before casting this?
Phyllis: I still have Shield up buuuut I probably should [Shift] one, yes.
[OOC] Phyllis: Actually I can’t … slide immobilized things can I
Aleith|DM: You can
Aleith|DM: just not restrained things
Phyllis: Immobilized (save ends) to all but D!
Phyllis tries to scoot C, E, and the commander off. Whichever ones don't fall off make a Melee Basic Attack against the Commander with +2 tohit and +2 damage.
[OOC] Phyllis: And have the commander hit B if he doesn't fall off either
Aleith|DM rolled d20+2 and got 1 ( Total: 3.0 ) for Commander, legionnaires
Also rolled 2#d20(1) and got 16 [Total: 16 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 2#d20(2) and got 18 [Total: 18 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 37.0, Avg: 11.67
Aleith|DM: The commander goes over the edge.
Aleith|DM: The other two fall prone at the edge.
[OOC] Phyllis: Okay I guess the legionnaires slapfight each other instead. A<->C and B<->E
Garrett: "See ya, buddy."
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 6 ( Total: 32.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 11 [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Also rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 17 [Total: 39.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 8 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 138.0, Avg: 10.50
Aleith|DM rolled 2#2d10+10(1) and got 6, 3 ( Total: 19.0 )
Also rolled 2#2d10+10(2) and got 1, 4 [Total: 15.0 (Low), Avg: 2.50]
Total: 34.0, Avg: 3.50
Aleith|DM: B hits E for 21, and C hits A for 17!
Phyllis done with turn finally sorry
Aleith|DM: Zane, you can see the Commander stop falling suddenly about 150 feet down, and then float back up slightly before teleporting back up 80 more feet before grabbing onto the wall with the massive pincers on its upper arms. [Reverse Gravity, Teleport, AP-> Teleport]
Zane: "Big guy isn't done yet… I'll work on it."
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Gerald: "Hahaha."
Garrett: "Aw man. Alright."
Gerald: "I guess the vision was prepared for that bullshit."
Garrett: "I was timing out the 'splat' too!"
Phyllis: "Can't blame me for trying."
Garrett: "It was a very good try."
Zane: "You both get As for effort."
[OOC] Phyllis: Also the Commander is still technically Immobilized. I guess Teleport circumvents that but
[OOC] Aleith|DM: oh right. Well, it's 115 feet down then >_>
[OOC] Ernst: Do I have LoS with any of them
Aleith|DM: All but the commander
[OOC] Aleith|DM: wait no it's still 35 feet
Ernst moves forward before tossing a [Punishing Eye - Timeless Locket] at the enemies. Then he fires a GMW at Legionaire A and finally Siphon Fates B+E.
Ernst rolled 1d100 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for 2#d20+27 ; GMW
[OOC] Ernst: Err
Ernst rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 17 ( Total: 44.0 ) for GMW
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 19 [Total: 46.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 90.0, Avg: 18.00
Aleith|DM rolled d20+2 and got 7 ( Total: 9 )
Ernst rolled 2d8+20 and got 6, 8 ( Total: 34.0 ) for +8 to hit, +4 dmg, brutal 1 for Gerald
Ernst rolled 4#d20+23(1) and got 15 ( Total: 38.0 ) for Siphon Fate first two B, Second two E
Also rolled 4#d20+23(2) and got 7 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+23(3) and got 16 [Total: 39.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+23(4) and got 20 [Total: 43.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 150.0, Avg: 14.50
[OOC] Ernst: Heroic so both hit
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 34!
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Ernst rolled 6d8+17 and got 4, 8, 8, 2, 1, 5 ( Total: 45.0 ) for Both get -2 to attack rolls and all defenses
Also rolled 4d8+17 and got 4, 2, 5, 3 [Total: 31.0 (Low), Avg: 3.50]
Total: 76.0, Avg: 4.20
Ernst: Garrett gets +3 to all defenses and +6 to hit
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 31!] [45!
Aleith|DM: E is bloodied!
Aleith|DM: …slightly different due to a couple recalculations, but…
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar moves in, and issues a [Call of Challenge] followed by a clap of [Astral Thunder]!
Chandrasekhar rolled 6#d20+20(1) and got 14 ( Total: 34 ) for vs. Fort
Also rolled 6#d20+20(2) and got 1 [Total: 21]
Also rolled 6#d20+20(3) and got 15 [Total: 35]
Also rolled 6#d20+20(4) and got 9 [Total: 29]
Also rolled 6#d20+20(5) and got 4 [Total: 24]
Also rolled 6#d20+20(6) and got 5 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 168
Aleith|DM: Hits Legionnaires A, C, and D!
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+8 and got 8, 8 ( Total: 24 ) for -3 attack penalty UEONT for the things it hit
Aleith|DM: A is bloodied! [24! * 3!]
Aleith|DM: Legionaires A and B stab at Chandrasekhar with their Golden Lances!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: they also both heal 2 HP each from regen
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 4 ( Total: 26.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 13 [Total: 35.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 61.0, Avg: 8.50
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10+10 and got 1, 5 ( Total: 16.0 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 8 ( Total: 30.0 ) for vs Ref, secondary attack
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar is hit for 16 damage, before being pulled closer to the Legionnaire as chains from its armour spiral down the weapons length to ensnare you. Grabbed by Legionnaire B and taking ongoing 15 damage! [Escape DC 23]
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20(1) and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for saves
Also rolled 2#d20(2) and got 5 [Total: 5 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 9, Avg: 4.50
Gerald‘ moves up to the edge as his blaster begins to hum loudly. {AP][Pound Barrage] before unleashing a couple dozen beams that slam through the ranks of the Legionnaire.
Gerald` rolled 6#d20+35(1) and got 1 ( Total: 36 ) for A, three attacks with two rolls
Also rolled 6#d20+35(2) and got 13 [Total: 48]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(3) and got 10 [Total: 45]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(4) and got 1 [Total: 36]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(5) and got 8 [Total: 43]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(6) and got 7 [Total: 42]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 250
Gerald` rolled 6#d20+35(1) and got 14 ( Total: 49 ) for B, three attacks with two rolls
Also rolled 6#d20+35(2) and got 14 [Total: 49]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(3) and got 5 [Total: 40]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(4) and got 1 [Total: 36]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(5) and got 8 [Total: 43]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(6) and got 13 [Total: 48]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 265
Gerald` rolled 6#d20+35(1) and got 17 ( Total: 52 ) for C, three attacks with two rolls
Also rolled 6#d20+35(2) and got 18 [Total: 53]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(3) and got 4 [Total: 39]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(4) and got 3 [Total: 38]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(5) and got 13 [Total: 48]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(6) and got 1 [Total: 36]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 266
Gerald` rolled 6#d20+35(1) and got 11 ( Total: 46 ) for E, three attacks with two rolls
Also rolled 6#d20+35(2) and got 11 [Total: 46]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(3) and got 13 [Total: 48]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(4) and got 10 [Total: 45]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(5) and got 4 [Total: 39]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(6) and got 1 [Total: 36]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 260
Aleith|DM: 5 hits on each!
Gerald` rolled 1d8r1+26 and got 6 ( Total: 32.0 ) for one hit or two hits
Also rolled 3d8r1+26 and got 8, 6, 4 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 76.0, Avg: 6.00
Gerald` rolled 2d8 and got 5, 1 ( Total: 6 ) for extra quarry damage on C
Yamobot: Aleith|DM rolled 32+44+44 -> {120}
Aleith|DM: They all die.
Gerald: And then 48 auto fire damage to C and E, and 72 auto fire to the two middle ones….
Chandrasekhar: "Holy fuck of shit, Gerald."
Aleith|DM: So what’s your other standard action?
Gerald: Oh wait sorry that's a little lower on autofire but irrelvant,
Gerald: it IS 72 damage in autofire to the commander though
Aleith|DM: The commander is not adjacent even slightly
Aleith|DM: being 7 squares straight down.
Aleith|DM: But nice try.
Gerald: He's ledge grabbing, that's totally adjacent!!
Gerald: oh
Aleith|DM: 'Climbing: -35 feet'
Gerald: i could of sworn you said he got up enough to ledge grab but OK
Gerald: anyway biting vollet
Aleith|DM: D or Commander?
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+32(1) and got 5 ( Total: 37 ) for command, garrett needs something easy to stab
Also rolled 2#d20+32(2) and got 15 [Total: 47]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 84
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+32(1) and got 4 ( Total: 36 )
Also rolled 2#d20+32(2) and got 12 [Total: 44]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 80
Gerald` rolled 3d8+20 and got 5, 3, 8 ( Total: 36 )
Also rolled 3d8+20 and got 4, 5, 5 [Total: 34]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 70
Gerald: +12 from autofire.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 82!
Gerald` shakes his whole body out and then his arm the stock was against in particular once the barrage finally stops. "Whew!"
Aleith|DM: Legionnaire E no longer had a turn…
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 35:Zane | 35:Garrett | 33:Legionnaire D | 29:Phyllis | 27:LegionCommander | 23:Ernst | 22:Chandrasekhar | 18:Gerald |
Aleith|DM: Zane! Garrett!
Zane` carefully draws down on the commander with his regular bow… [RBA]
Zane` rolled 1d20+23 and got 5 ( Total: 28.0 )
[OOC] Zane: hold that thought I can make that hit
[OOC] Zane: Ki Focus Daily: Minor Action. Your next attack this turn is made against the target’s lowest defense.
Aleith|DM: Aha
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane` rolled 9d8+12 and got 4, 6, 8, 4, 1, 7, 8, 6, 3 ( Total: 59.0 ) for Furious Assault, Attack Finesse, Brute Dice
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] The gold-wrapped glabrezu falls…until it hits the reverse gravity field 80 feet down were it hangs in place.
Zane: "OK now he’s done."
Gerald: "…Alright that thing hitting nothing and just stopping was REALLY WEIRD to look at."
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ hops over and slashes across Legionaire D’s legs. [Low Slash]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+27 and got 7 ( Total: 34 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+22 and got 3 ( Total: 25 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 6, 2, 3 [Total: 11]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 36
Garrett` follows up with a fancy stab! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+27 and got 3 ( Total: 30 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Miss!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 36!
Aleith|DM: Legionnaire D stabs Garrett!
Aleith|DM: And eats Divine Sanction damage.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 7 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!] from Sanction!
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis blast D with [Illusory Ambush].
Phyllis rolled d20+23 and got 2 ( Total: 25.0 )
Phyllis or not!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst shoots with [Magic Weapon]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 19 ( Total: 44.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 18 [Total: 43.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 87.0, Avg: 18.50
Ernst rolled 3d8+12 and got 7, 7, 4 ( Total: 30.0 ) for remaining enemy
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 30!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar takes a step closer to the Commander, and [Ardent Strike]…
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+24 and got 20 ( Total: 44 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Crit!
Aleith|DM: The last legionnaire is slain! [KO!]
Chandrasekhar rolled 4d6+17 and got 3, 1, 1, 4 ( Total: 26 ) for and pushes it off the edge, JUST OUT OF SPITE,
Gerald: "Clear?"
Zane: "Looks clear."
Meteorites continue crashing down every so often relatively nearby. The earth shakes again.
Garrett: "Of course, even in this future, Rock didn’t help for shit."
Gerald‘ takes a running jump off the chasm, before firing his hookshot into a tree on the other side and pulling himself over.
Zane` anchors himself and throws a rope across the chasm. "Par for the course."
Gerald: "He was herding paniced animals! Can’t really ask for more help than that."
Garrett‘ moonwalks across Zane’s rope.
Aleith|DM: Once you're across the chasm, the torches and the airship aren't that much farther.
Chandrasekhar leaps partway over the chasm, then Fey Steps the rest of the way, just to be special.
Gerald‘ imagines getting Phyllis and Ernst both safely across was an Aventure in its own right, but hustles towards the ship once that’s done with.
Aleith|DM: The white lights on the torches are warm to the touch, but don't burn your hands again when you pick them up. On the other hand, the ship you see behind them you is strangely unfamiliar in design.
[OOC] Zane: SPELLJAMMER
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: YEAH BOIII
Gerald: "Never seen an airship like that before. Definitely not dwarven…"
Gerald: "Someone's personal craft maybe…?"
Garrett: "Psh who ever heard of a ship -flying-…?"
Aleith|DM: It's a little on the large side for a 'personal' craft…
Chandrasekhar: "Nevermind what I said about the other future's aesthetic."
Gerald: "I've seen a few but they're not exactly cost effective to opperate yet so they don't really use them."
Gerald: "Mostly for dick waving, really."
Garrett: "Sell that idea to some dockers."
Zane‘ heads up onto the ship.
Gerald: "Dockers don’t make enough money to waste on something like that…"
Gerald: "Fuuuck though I wish we should share this vision quest."
Garrett: "Get paid in drinks and favors! Works every time." He heads up a gangplank.
Garrett: "(Besides we actually have a staggeringly high budget, when you think about it.)"
Gerald: "Walk up to the Ob and be all like 'WAS THE GIFT OF FLIGHT REALLY WORTH METEOR ATTACKS'."
Garrett: "(Even when you -don't- think about it.)"
Aleith|DM: Somehow, the closer you get to the ship, the less distinct it gets…
Zane: "I guess we don't get to marvel at the ship, lets just put the flames together and be done."
Gerald: "Aww. Alright."
Garrett: "Yeah, yeah…"
Aleith|DM: When you bring the flames together, the vision ends and you find yourselves in a cramped, bare room. The floor is worn smooth.
Zane: "No bodies this time. I'll take it."
Aleith|DM: The fresco in the front room has faded away into a fire-filled doorway. You can't see what's on the other side.
Zane: "Well, I guess that's the next step."
Chandrasekhar walks through all dramatic like.
Garrett: "Not a frost-lined door, huh?"
Garrett: "Well, we'll see…"
Zane: "They are on to your ways."
Aleith|DM: When you step through, you emerge unharmed on the other side atop the temple, right in front of the cross-legged statue of Ingatan, giant flames alight on each of the four hands. The lost arc of Reida floats within arm's reach.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: https://i.imgur.com/w318wKK.jpg
Zane: "Is it supposed to be missing a piece?"
Gerald: "I think that's the circlet or whatever we were looking for."
Gerald: "Oh, the gap."
Gerald: "No idea. I don't think anyone here's ever seen it before…?"
Garrett: "Don't see why not, to be honest."
Zane‘ shrugs. "Just curious."
Garrett: "Sorry, just… after everything else today, a missing inch-and-a-half of metal isn’t that weird."
Garrett` steals the lost arc.
Zane: "Yeah."
Phyllis: "I thought it was described to us as such already."
Phyllis: "Not surprising."
Aleith|DM: The giant flames on the hands are snuffed out.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License