Zg Session 76

It's a few hours later when Zane returns from scouting. Aside from the three temples he checked out, he saw about a dozen researchers camped in front of an intact archway on the western side of the ruined city.
Zane‘ is moving a little stiffly, is a little bloody around the edges, and otherwise definitely looks like he’s been in a fight. "Some researchers on the west side of things, near an unbroken archway."
Garrett: "You beat them all up alone? And didn't leave any for us?"
Phyllis: "… did the researchers mug you?"
Gerald‘ laughs.
Zane` snorts. "My unparalleled martial knowledge makes me a big hit at all those intellectual parties." He shakes his head. "No, I got jumped by a temple guardian or something. Looked like a woman made out of glowing plants."
Gerald: "Exciting."
Garrett` wrinkles his forehead. "I didn’t think you'd be jumped by someone who literally glows, but, well- these are mysterious ruins."
Zane: "Got a new toy out of it, at least." And he fishes a brightly glowing stone out of a pouch. "Damndest thing…" And it flickers through the shape of half a dozen weapons.
Phyllis: "Anything else to rep -"
Gerald: "That is really bright. Also… magical I guess? Probably a bit too complex to be mechanical, don't hear any gears clicking either."
Phyllis pauses and blinks rapidly several times before regaining some composure. "Are you. Aware. Of what that might be - "
Garrett: "Ahahahahaha, oh man." He slaps a knee and pushes up to a stand. "Do you have a can opener in there too?"
Zane: "Yeah, Gerald. Its magical."
Zane‘ shrugs at Phyllis. "Not really?"
Gerald: "Signifigantly less cool, but still neat."
Zane: "The blue plant lady asked me if I would stand against evil, and then challenged me to a duel. I won, I got this."
Phyllis: "… I will refrain from a lengthy explanation for now. Still. Given a foe who constantly changes form, you have something that can keep up."
Zane: "Huh." And he tucks it back into a pouch. "Not when I’m sneaking though."
Garrett: "Eh. We go loud often enough."
Zane‘ chuckles. "Yeah, which is why I’m keeping it close."
Phyllis: "Please do so. I have some historical texts to show you when we have a moment back home."
Zane: "That sounds intriguing."
Phyllis: "You have a weapon that, if I understand right, is star-stuff, plucked from the heavens itself."
Gerald: "Huh. … So what're we doing about the researchers?"
Garrett: "So, these researchers though. Ob? Trouble? Shy types playing hide-the-bookmark?"
Zane‘ shrugs. "I didn’t stick around to find out for sure."
Aleith|DM: About half Danoran, half Crisillyiri, mostly human, with a couple of tieflings and a dwarf.
Zane: "Ob seems likely, I can't imagine many other groups that would be partly Danoran and partly Crysillyiri."
Gerald: "Should we go, uh, disrupt them, then? Or better to say out of sight for now?"
Phyllis: "I wonder if we may be able to observe surreptitiously, for a while."
Aleith|DM: Alright. Group stealth check? And Perception checks too, if you want.
Zane: "They didn't notice me, but I'm a bad benchmark for most of the rest of you."
Gerald‘ rolled d20+20 and got 14 ( Total: 34 ) for percep
Garrett` rolled 1d20+23 and got 20 ( Total: 43 ) for stealth
Garrett` rolled 1d20+17 and got 15 ( Total: 32 ) for perception, I assume I’m not close to an 'urban area'
Aleith|DM: You're not, no
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 16 ( Total: 25.0 ) for stealth, perception
d20+11: 16 [Total: 27.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 52.0, Avg: 16.00
Zane‘ rolled 1d20+21 and got 11 ( Total: 32.0 )
Also rolled 1d20+15 and got 4 [Total: 19.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 51.0, Avg: 7.50
Aleith|DM: Phyllis needs hardly any coaching today on staying beneath the researchers’ notice…and of the artillery crews that appear to be setup a few hundred feet, two of them. A marine is on watch while two artillerists appear to have a mortar aimed near the camp. Gerald also manages to find a few snipers hiding about 60 feet south of the camp.
Aleith|DM: Meanwhile, the researchers seem to be discussing how to gain entrance to the 'enclave' situated past the archway-it seems to be between the material plane and the Dreaming, much link the other one in Bharat. One of them is toying with a Wanderer's Lanter, a few discarded empty vials of oil nearby. They don't seem to be having much luck. You can vaguely make out some figures standing a distance beyond the portal, as if seen through a veil.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: a few hundred feet out
Gerald‘ starts sketching out a map of the camp and points with guards in the dirt for the benefit of the rest of the party.
Gerald: "Not entirely sure why they have a mortor set up and aimed at the camp but I mean… it’s there."
Zane: "Hm."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 2 mortars
Gerald: "Much less two."
Garrett: "In case a small group of ne'er-do-wells stumbles upon the camp and… I don't know, the Ob don't seem to care about their own?"
Gerald: "Maybe. Wonder if they're expecting trouble in the enclave though? Which is funny considering they're supposed to be looking for an ally."
Zane: "Could be expecting something nasty to come through the gate. We could ask one of the marines…"
Phyllis: "Are they actually two separate groups?"
Garrett‘ nods. "Last time we met the Ob we were on speaking terms…" he dryly remarks.
Gerald: "That seems… unlikely? Can’t imagine Danor being opposed to the Ob, considering… you know… the people in charge of their government are *part* of the Ob."
Gerald: "And I can't think of anyone else that would drag a mortor out into the middle of no where."
Aleith|DM: They do seem to appear to be part of the same unit as the group that attacked you at sea, as much as a group of soldiers that aren't marked with any national affiliation can appear to be…
Garrett: "Anyway. Subdue the cannoners, snip the snipers, corral the researchers with a few careful blasts?"
Garrett: "Or, y'know. Mind control."
Zane: "I'm good with either way."
Gerald‘ glances at Phyllis.
Phyllis: "Mind control which group?"
Garrett: "Researchers, I’d gather- they're more likely to scatter and run and they probably know more things we're interested about."
Garrett: "Then again, it's not like they'd be hard to follow…?"
Phyllis: "If we're looking just to keep them from scattering, sleep may be best. But yes."
Garrett: "So I guess mind controlling the armed foes and showing the researchers just how unarmed they suddenly are may also work."
Aleith|DM: So what's the plan…?
Garrett: "Dealer's choice, really."
Phyllis: "They'd need to be in melee range if you want me to take that option."
Phyllis: "Subduing and commandeering the mortars for ourselves may work, though."
Garrett‘ nods. "Take out mortars, sleep researchers, assail snipers with mortars and regular arms."
Zane: "At the very least I’d like the mortars neutralized before we deal with the snipers."
Gerald: "Alright. We'll start from there and see how it goes. I'll turn on my sleep field so the team at the mortar can't hear us coming and shooting."
Phyllis: "A portal between the mortars may work, maximum range of 200 feet if I'm at the very epicenter, 100 feet if we're making a straight shot."
Garrett‘ cocks his head. "Sleep field?"
Garrett: "Got yourself some sort of pillow aura?"
Garrett: "Snooze radius?"
Garrett: "Nap acre?"
Gerald: "Huh? Oh, silence, I mean."
Garrett: "Oh that’s way harder to make area portmanteau names about, nevermind."
Garrett: "Anyway, good idea."
Zane: "Sounds good."
Aleith|DM: Alright, between the 4 of you and the silence field, you take down the marine and 2 artillerists at both mortars within about 10 minutes.
Gerald: "That was even easier than I thought it would be."
Zane: "We're pretty good at our job."
Aleith|DM: The mortars appear to be aimed just shy of the researchers' camp-30 feet directly north and south of the camp, respectively
Garrett: "…what if they're bait?" He shakes off the comment as fast as he makes it. "Well, we're doing this anyway."
Gerald‘ starts adjusting one, aiming them at the group of snipers since they’re all clumped up for some reason.
Aleith|DM: It takes you a couple rounds to re-aim it, but it's not too difficult after Battalion.
Aleith|DM: You're not sure how large the blast radius is, though
Gerald: "Doing this with myself as the spotter is pretty weird, by the by." He's been using his scope double check distances and angles. "Think I should be able to nail 'em all though."
Phyllis: "- no, that stands to reason."
Garrett: "Yeah, you're the only one with a scope. Unless Stock has some sort of zoom option."
[OOC] Garrett: stocke
Gerald: "He DOES, actually."
Gerald: "Anyway, whenever you ya'll are ready to round up the researchers I can open fire on the gunmen."
Phyllis looks up at the sky. What phase of the moon is it, or has it been if it's still too light out to see?
[OOC] Garrett: if it's a new moon we won't be able to talk to the demons
Aleith|DM: Just past the new moon.
Aleith|DM: And it's late afternoon by now.
Aleith|DM: So, Gerald's at a mortar. What're the rest of you up to?
Garrett‘ is sneaking up to the flank of the researchers.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: actually it’s 5 days after the full moon, I miscounted
Zane‘ will take the other flank, with a backup position of charging the sniper nest depending on the mortar.
Phyllis is prepping a spell to contain the snipers. Not yet, but [Mirage Arcana] should prevent their ranged capacity.
Gerald` opens fire once everyone’s in position!
Aleith|DM: Where's the target?
[OOC] Phyllis: is gerald actually firing the mortar or is he firing on the snipers normally
Gerald: Right in the center of the sniper line, trying to take them all out in one blast.
Aleith|DM: Alright, roll a saving throw to make sure it lands on target.
Gerald: Or well if that's the size of the blast radius…
Aleith|DM: You didn't know the size of it…
Gerald‘ rolled d20 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for might veer off anyway
Aleith|DM: It does, in fact, veer off
[OOC] Zane: lawl
Aleith|DM rolled d6 and got 5 ( Total: 5 ) for d6 is number of squares off target, d8 is direction, north clockwise to northwest
d8: 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 9, Avg: 4.50
Aleith|DM: And it startles the snipers, but misses!
Gerald: "…Wow the barrel on this thing is WAY shittier than I thought."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 35:Zane | 33:Gerald | 31:Phyllis | 26:Garrett | 19:Sniper D | 14:Ob Researcher | 14:Sniper C | 8:Sniper A | 7:Sniper B |
Phyllis follows up with her spell!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Aleith|DM: Also Zane and Garrett can take one standard (or move) action
Gerald` picks up his rifle - no way in hell he’s getting that thing reloaded and recalibrated before Zane and Phyllis take them out anyway.
Gerald‘ [Taking Aim]
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 3 ( Total: 25.0 ) for vs will
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 10 [Total: 32.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 57.0, Avg: 6.50
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6+16 and got 1, 4 ( Total: 21.0 ) for psychic damage, and dazed + can’t leave zone willingly + can't see out of it
[OOC] Phyllis: save ends
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 21!
Aleith|DM: Zane! Garrett!
Zane‘ puts an arrow into sniper A.
Aleith|DM: Only one of the researchers appears to react to the sudden mortar blast…
Zane` rolled d20+20 and got 18 ( Total: 38 ) for long range
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane` rolled 4d8+12 and got 8, 5, 7, 1 ( Total: 33.0 ) for Furious assault, Attack Finesse
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33!
[OOC] Zane: Close Enough
Garrett` has roots and vines spring up from the center of the researchers, immobilizing them! [The City Comes Alive]
Aleith|DM: 1 attack roll
Aleith|DM: The roots and vines seem to go right through the rest of them.
Garrett` rolled 1d20+26 and got 2 ( Total: 28 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Garrett: "Interesting."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 35:Zane | 33:Gerald | 31:Phyllis | 26:Garrett | 19:Sniper D | 14:Ob Researcher | 14:Sniper C | 8:Sniper A | 7:Sniper B |
Aleith|DM: Alright. You still all go before they have a chance to reacti
Aleith|DM: Zane! Gerald!
Zane` moves closer and fires again.
Zane` rolled d20+22 and got 6 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` [Takes Aim] at a Sniper since he’s definitely out of conventional range.
Zane‘ rolled 3d8+12 and got 1, 6, 8 ( Total: 27.0 )
[OOC] Zane: Death Attack
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis follows up with an [Illusory Ambush] on Sniper C!
Phyllis rolled d20+24 and got 11 ( Total: 35.0 ) for vs will, CA from being in mirage arcana zone
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled d6+16 and got 5 ( Total: 21.0 ) for -6 tohit - -2 UEoPNT, -4 to next attack
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 21!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` swifly dashes out of his hiding spot, tumbles into and across the foot depression, skids to a stop on the other side of the moving researcher, and strikes! [Move] [Tumbling Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+26 and got 3 ( Total: 29 ) for vs AC
Garrett` isn’t done! He continues to strike at the researcher! [Circling Predator]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+26 and got 17 ( Total: 43 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+20 and got 1 ( Total: 21 ) for there’s a secondary hit after this, now vuln 5 cold
Also rolled 3d8 and got 2, 5, 2 [Total: 9]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 30
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+26 and got 7 ( Total: 33 ) for vs AC
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 30!] Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+25 and got 4 ( Total: 29 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 29! Bloodied!
[Trigger: Bloodied an enemy] [Free Action - Press the Advantage]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+26 and got 9 ( Total: 35 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 2d4+25 and got 1, 1 ( Total: 27 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 27!
Aleith|DM: Sniper D looks around in confusion.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
Aleith|DM: And continues being dazed and confused.
Aleith|DM: The obscurati researcher staggers, before summoning a small creature and sending it through the archway just east of him.
Aleith|DM: The summon creatures goes flying 4 squares back west as black smoke billows out of the archway.
Aleith|DM: And the summon disappears in a *poof*.
Aleith|DM: A lion strides through the smoke, and nine other lion heads float around it.
Garrett: "You bastard."
Garrett: "What did you do with the other nine bodies?!"
Gerald: "…The fuck." .oO(What did you DO Garrett???)
Aleith|DM: Sniper C runs out of the Mirage, and fires at Zane. [Adaptive Ammo]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 13 ( Total: 34 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: -6 to that
[OOC] Phyllis: is that - - yeah haha
Aleith|DM: It zips past Zane
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 35:Zane | 33:Gerald | 31:Phyllis | 26:Garrett | 24:10-Headed Lion | 19:Sniper D | 14:Ob Researcher | 14:Sniper C | 8:Sniper A | 7:Sniper B |
Aleith|DM: Zane! Gerald!
Gerald` lets off a [Biting Bolley] at the Lion!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+18(1) and got 15 ( Total: 33 ) for vs ref
Also rolled 2#d20+18(2) and got 4 [Total: 22]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 55
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in 3d10r2+16
Gerald` rolled 3d10r2+16 and got 6, 6, 10 ( Total: 38.0 )
Aleith|DM: //Battle Order: | 35:Zane | 33:Gerald | 32:Ernst | 31:Phyllis | 30:Chandrasekhar | 26:Garrett | 24:10-Headed Lion | 19:Sniper D | 14:Ob Researcher | 14:Sniper C |

Zane` snaps off shots at the remaining snipers. [-1 combat die for a second attack. 4 dice remaining]
Zane` rolled 1d20+22 and got 16 ( Total: 38.0 ) for C then D
Also rolled 1d20+20 and got 3 [Total: 23.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 61.0, Avg: 9.50
Aleith|DM: Head 7 dies! [KO!]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 3, rather, not 7
Zane` rolled 3d8+12 and got 2, 3, 1 ( Total: 18.0 )
Aleith|DM: The lion seems blinded…
[OOC] Zane: Death Attack
Aleith|DM: 1 hit! [KO!]
Garrett: "Huh… that’ll simplify things a bit."
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Aleith|DM: And Phyllis
Phyllis calls out to Chandra: "[Make it so!] You know what to do!"
Ernst fires at Lion Head 4 and the Body, draining their fate! [Siphon Fate]
[OOC] Phyllis: Next attack of Chandra's automatically hits.
Garrett‘ rolled 2#1d20+24(1) and got 8 ( Total: 32 ) for vs AC
Also rolled 2#1d20+24(2) and got 14 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 70
Garrett` rolled 1d8+12 and got 5 ( Total: 17 ) for Targets take -2 to all attacks and defenses UEoNT
Aleith|DM: Miss, hit! [17!]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: he probably heroic efforts that…
[OOC] Garrett: shrug
[OOC] Garrett: sure
Aleith|DM: also he has a shotgun actually
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+24(1) and got 6 ( Total: 30 )
Also rolled 2#d20+24(2) and got 19 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 73
Aleith|DM: eh that still misses the head so the first one is Heroic’d
[OOC] Garrett: o right 2x hits
Aleith|DM rolled 3d8+12 and got 3, 8, 5 ( Total: 28.0 ) for vs body
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 17!] to Head 4, [28!] to the body!
Aleith|DM: Chandra!
Chandra channels the radiant delirium of [Vision of the Fall] onto the Lion Body!
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for crit chance
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 2d8+9 and got 4, 2 ( Total: 15 ) for erry enemy takes 5 radiant
[OOC] Garrett: well 5 radiant+fire
Aleith|DM: 6 radiant actually, his CHA went up…
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!] [6! * 11!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` cuts across the researcher’s legs! [Low Slash]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+26 and got 13 ( Total: 39 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Garrett: "Well, this is gonna be a bad idea, but here we go." He rushes the lion! [Move] [Piercing Strike]
Aleith|DM: Head 10 bites you as you move away… [OA]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 8 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM: Missing
Garrett` rolled 1d20+26 and got 12 ( Total: 38 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+20 and got 1 ( Total: 21 ) for vuln 5 cold
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 21!
Garrett` [AP] [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+26 and got 1 ( Total: 27 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Head 1 floats beside Head 4 and licks it. [Healing Tongue, restored to full HP]
Aleith|DM: The body vanishes, reappearing connected to Head 2. It then claws at Garrett…
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 8 ( Total: 29 ) for -2 marked
Aleith|DM: Missing! It takes [15!] from Divine Challenge!
Aleith|DM: By that, I mean Head 2 does….
Garrett: "I think I figured out why the mortars were here!
Aleith|DM: Fire pours outward from the lion in all directions, rolling across the ground like a wave. The flames are quickly growing in intensity. [Roiling Flame]
Aleith|DM: Ernst, Chandra, and Garrett take 10 fire damage!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: AP
Aleith|DM: Lion Head 4 locks eyes with Ernst. [Petrifying Gaze]
Aleith|DM: Ernst can choose to become blinded until the end of the encounter, with supernatural fear forcing him to keey his eyes shut, or it can make an attack roll against Ernst…
Ernst shuts his eyes!
Aleith|DM: Head 5 bites Ernst
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 6 ( Total: 31 ) for CA from blind
Aleith|DM rolled d12+6 and got 2 ( Total: 8.0 )
Aleith|DM: Ernst is grabbed and takes 8 damage!
Aleith|DM: Head 6 licks its lips at Garrett. [Paralyzing Hunger]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 16 ( Total: 37 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Garret is stunned UEoNT
Aleith|DM: Head 9 bites him!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 5 ( Total: 30 ) for CA
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Garrett` rolled 1d20 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for saving throw
Aleith|DM: Light lances out from head 8’s gaping mouth at Garrett! [Gaping Beam
Gerald‘ fires off a [Disruptive Shot] on that stunning lick.
Gerald` rolled d20+18 and got 1 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 6 ( Total: 29 ) for vs Will
[OOC] Aleith|DM: ref but
Aleith|DM: miss!
Aleith|DM: Black Ichor coats the fangs of head 7 as it bites at Chandra! [Venom Fangs]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 8 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM: MIssing!
Aleith|DM: Head 10 bares its fangs at Chandra! [Snarling Hurl]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 6 ( Total: 27 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Sniper D is still confused…
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Aleith|DM: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 35:Zane | 33:Gerald | 32:Ernst | 31:Phyllis | 30:Chandrasekhar | 26:Garrett | 24:10-Headed Lion | 19:Sniper D | 14:Ob Researcher | 14:Sniper C |
Aleith|DM: Zane! Gerald!
Zane` finlizes that last sniper hopefully
Zane` rolled 1d20+20 and got 2 ( Total: 22.0 )
Aleith|DM: Nope.
Zane` heads north. that fucker is fated to live.
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` lets out a breath, adjust his position slightly, then opens a hail of gunshots upon the Lion. [AP] [Confounding Arrows] [OPounding Barrage]
Gerald` rolled 3#d20+22(1) and got 18 ( Total: 40 ) for ac
Also rolled 3#d20+22(2) and got 10 [Total: 32]
Also rolled 3#d20+22(3) and got 16 [Total: 38]
Also rolled 3#d20+19(1) and got 16 [Total: 35]
Also rolled 3#d20+19(2) and got 8 [Total: 27]
Also rolled 3#d20+19(3) and got 19 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 210
Aleith|DM: Damage hits the head until it dies…which is probably the first hit…
Aleith|DM: 3 hits! Hit, miss, hit!
Gerald` rolled 5#3d10r2+16(1): (2, 7), (1, 6), 7 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg and got 6.67
Also rolled 5#3d10r2+16(2) and got 5, 4, (1, 7) [Total: 32.0 (Low), Avg: 5.33]
Also rolled 5#3d10r2+16(3) and got (1, 3), (2, 6), 6 [Total: 31.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 5#3d10r2+16(4) and got 9, (2, 9), 10 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 9.33]
Also rolled 5#3d10r2+16(5) and got 7, 7, (2, 7) [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 180.0, Avg: 6.67
Gerald` rolled 2d10r2: (2, 4), 5 [Total: 9 (Low), Avg and got 4.50
Also rolled 1d6 and got 6 [Total: 6 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 15, Avg: 5.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [159!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Aleith|DM: Also Phyllis
Ernst tosses out his [Slick Concoction] to slide out of the head’s grapple and up the wall, before dropping Stocke down next to him and summoning his flying shotgun.
Aleith|DM: And Chandrasekhar!
Chandra [Fey Step]s out of the fire.
Phyllis stares down heads 6, 8, and 9. [Mage Hand, Mesmeric Hold]
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+24(1) and got 12 ( Total: 36.0 ) for CA on 6 and 9, none on 8
Also rolled 2#d20+24(2) and got 10 [Total: 34.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
d20+22: 19 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 111.0, Avg: 13.67
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Phyllis rolled 2d6+16 and got 2, 1 ( Total: 19.0 ) for psychic damage, immobilized UEoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 19! * 3!
Chandra then brings down [Astral Thunder] on heads 6, 8, and 9!
Garrett‘ rolled 2#1d20+21(1) and got 1 ( Total: 22 ) for vs Fort, CA on 6 and 8, no CA on 9
Also rolled 2#1d20+21(2) and got 11 [Total: 32]
Also rolled 1d20+19 and got 4 [Total: 23]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 77
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Garrett` rolled 2d8+8 and got 2, 8 ( Total: 18 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Garrett is stunned!
[Call of Challenge] [Each target is subject to your divine sanction until the end of your next turn.] [Close Burst 3]
[OOC] Garrett: it’s a minor
Aleith|DM: Yes
Aleith|DM: The roiling flames increase in intensity! Garrett takes 20 fire damage!
Aleith|DM: The lion is stunned!
Aleith|DM: Head 1 licks head 9, healing it to full! [Healing Tongue]
Aleith|DM: Lion head 5 bites at Ernst
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 2 ( Total: 27 ) for CA
Aleith|DM: missing
Aleith|DM: Head 4 locks eyes with Chandrasekhar. [Petrifying Gaze]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: blinded UEoEnc or risk the attack
[OOC] Garrett: risk the attack
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 19 ( Total: 40 ) for vs Fort
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar is petrified.
Gerald‘ .oO(That can’t be good.)
Aleith|DM: Head 6 licks its lips at Garrett again.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 11 ( Total: 32 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Still stunned
Aleith|DM: Head 9 bites at Garrett.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 13 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM rolled d12+6 and got 4 ( Total: 10.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 10 and grabbing him!
Aleith|DM: …and taking 15 from Sanction.
Aleith|DM: Zap!
Aleith|DM: Actually so does 6….
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Head 7 bites at Phyllis! [Venom Fangs]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 17 ( Total: 40 )
Aleith|DM rolled d12+6 and got 11 ( Total: 17.0 )
Aleith|DM: 17 damage and ongoing 10 poison (SE)!
Aleith|DM: Head 10 snarls at Zane! [Snarling Hurl]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 15 ( Total: 38 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: -2 vs will
Aleith|DM: Zane goes flying back 6 squares and is knocked prone!
Aleith|DM: Sniper D is still stuck…
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 16 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM: But stares around in shock!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 35:Zane | 33:Gerald | 32:Ernst | 31:Phyllis | 30:Chandrasekhar | 26:Garrett | 24:10-Headed Lion | 19:Sniper D |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane‘ rolls to his feet and fires off two more arrows, aiming at lion heads 7 and 10.
Zane` rolled 2#1d20+20(1) and got 9 ( Total: 29.0 ) for both long range
Also rolled 2#1d20+20(2) and got 17 [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 66.0, Avg: 13.00
Aleith|DM: Miss, hit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+5 and got 6 ( Total: 11 ) for save for lion…
Gerald` lets off a [Twin Shot] at the Lion.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 5 ( Total: 25 )
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 6 [Total: 26]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 51
Aleith|DM: Misses!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Stocke fires off a Great Magic Weapon at Head 5!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 11 ( Total: 37 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 3 [Total: 29]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 66
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled 2d8+15 and got 2, 7 ( Total: 24 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 24!
The Flying shotgun blasts it point blank as well!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+30(1) and got 7 ( Total: 37 )
Also rolled 2#d20+30(2) and got 6 [Total: 36]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 73
It then swivvels and blasts the head 9
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+30(1) and got 16 ( Total: 46 )
Also rolled 2#d20+30(2) and got 12 [Total: 42]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 88
Gerald` rolled 4d8r1+14 and got 4, 8, 5, 7 ( Total: 38.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [KO!
Aleith|DM: Garrett is no longer grabbed.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Ernst also chucks out a potion of THP for Garrett, Chandra and takes a bit for himself. [Surge+13]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Garrett and Chandra get 39 temp HP, Ernst gets 19
Phyllis shifts a bit on the tree and hits Lion Head 7 with [Illusory Ambush]! Then gives Garret a [Healing Word].
Phyllis rolled d20+22 and got 4 ( Total: 26.0 ) for vs Will
Phyllis rolled 3d6 and got 1, 2, 2 ( Total: 5 ) for + whatever Garrett’s surge value si
Aleith|DM: MIss!
Aleith|DM: Chandra is petrified…
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Phyllis rolled d20+5 and got 16 ( Total: 21.0 ) for save vs poison, extra for being a dwarf
Aleith|DM: No longer poisoned
Garrett‘ hightails it out of the fire and moves to strike Head 7! [Piercing Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+26 and got 12 ( Total: 38 ) for vs Ref
[OOC] Phyllis: he also has to spend a surge but
Garrett` rolled 1d4+20 and got 1 ( Total: 21 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 6, 5, 7 [Total: 18]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 39
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: The flames flash! The lion takes [20!] fire damage. (After resist 20…) The entire area is filled with low-lying smoke until the start of the lion’s next turn…
Aleith|DM: The lion teleports to join with Head #4 and then stares at Garrett… [Petrifying Gaze]
Aleith|DM: Garrett: blinded or risk it?
Garrett‘ blinded!
Aleith|DM: It then moves up and bites at your blinded self!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 1 ( Total: 26 ) for CA, [AP]
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Head 1 bites at Ernst
Aleith|DM rolled d20+23 and got 19 ( Total: 42 )
Aleith|DM rolled d12+6 and got 3 ( Total: 9.0 )
Aleith|DM: Ernst takes 9 damage (to temp HP….) and is grabbed!
Aleith|DM: Sniper D legs it… [Double Run]
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 35:Zane | 33:Gerald | 32:Ernst | 31:Phyllis | 30:Chandrasekhar | 26:Garrett | 24:10-Headed Lion | 19:Sniper D |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane` ducks back into the brush for some sort of camoflage and tries to put an arrow into the last head.
Zane` rolled 2#1d20+22(1) and got 4 ( Total: 26.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d20+22(2) and got 10 [Total: 32.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 58.0, Avg: 7.00
[OOC] Zane: wait only one roll, moot point though
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` can finally mark the Lion as his [Quarry] before letting off a [Twin Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+18(1) and got 5 ( Total: 23 )
Also rolled 2#d20+18(2) and got 1 [Total: 19]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 42
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Shotgun blast to Head 1!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 17 ( Total: 39 )
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 16 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 77
Gerald` rolled 4d8+10 and got 3, 7, 3, 1 ( Total: 24 )
And again!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 3 ( Total: 25 )
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 19 [Total: 41]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 66
Stocke then [Magic Weapon]s the Lion.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: did you include the GMW boost in that…
[OOC] Aleith|DM: for damage
[OOC] Gerald: oh it UIS EoNT
[OOC] Gerald: no I didn’t :D
Aleith|DM: Head dies after the first shot!
Aleith|DM: Roll for the 2nd shotgun shot!
Gerald‘ rolled 2d8+14 and got 1, 2 ( Total: 17 ) for to lion from second shot then
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 17!] to the head!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+30(1) and got 9 ( Total: 39 )
Also rolled 2#d20+30(2) and got 13 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 82
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 4d8+14 and got 1, 5, 5, 2 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM: The last head dies!
Aleith|DM: The lion is blinded!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis! Garrett!
Phyllis: "Now that things are a little more under control…" A portal opens, and a meteor falls through. Or so the lion -hears-, at least. [Illusory Ambush]
Phyllis rolled d20+24 and got 18 ( Total: 42.0 ) for after moving Mage Hand, has CA
Phyllis rolled d6+16 and got 2 ( Total: 18.0 ) for -6 tohit
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
Garrett: "I can’t see ya' but I can feel the heat!" He strikes, blindingly! [Piercing Strike]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+23 and got 1 ( Total: 24 ) for vs Ref, -5 blind +2 CA
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: The smoke dissipates…
Aleith|DM: The lion bites Garrett!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+12 and got 12 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: Missing….
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 35:Zane | 33:Gerald | 32:Ernst | 31:Phyllis | 30:Chandrasekhar | 26:Garrett | 24:10-Headed Lion |
Aleith|DM: Zane, Gerald, Ernst!
Gerald` makes some [Atttacks On The Run] from a stationary position.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 12 ( Total: 32 )
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 4 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 56
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled 3d10r2+16: (1, 3), 5, 10 [Total: 34.0 (High), Avg and got 6.00
Also rolled 2d8 and got 3, 1 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 3d10r2*1/2+8 and got (2, 3), 6, 5 [Total: 15.0 (Low), Avg: 4.67]
Total: 53.0, Avg: 4.50
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 53!
Zane` takes a minute to watch the lion body thrash around. [Full Defense]
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Phyllis! Garrett!
Phyllis continues putting the Lion through further sensory hell. [Illusory Ambush]
Phyllis rolled d20+24 and got 12 ( Total: 36.0 ) for CA
Phyllis rolled d6+16 and got 2 ( Total: 18.0 ) for -6 tohit
A Boy And His Shotgun Do Like Three Attacks
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+24(1) and got 15 ( Total: 39 )
Also rolled 2#d20+24(2) and got 1 [Total: 25]
Also rolled 4#d20+26(1) and got 14 [Total: 40]
Also rolled 4#d20+26(2) and got 7 [Total: 33]
Also rolled 4#d20+26(3) and got 18 [Total: 44]
Also rolled 4#d20+26(4) and got 12 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 219
Aleith|DM: 1 hit, 2 hits, 2 hits!
Gerald` rolled 1d8+15 and got 6 ( Total: 21 )
Also rolled 4d8+10 and got 3, 8, 8, 7 [Total: 36]
Also rolled 4d8+10 and got 6, 2, 3, 1 [Total: 22]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 79
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 79!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` blindly strikes! [Piercing Strike]
[OOC] Gerald: oh wait +8 damage too herp
Garrett: !Roll 1d20+23 ; vs Ref
Garrett` rolled 1d20+23 and got 4 ( Total: 27 ) for vs Ref
[OOC] Gerald: and the lion has -1AC until stocke misses I guess?? ((
Aleith|DM: yeah
Aleith|DM: The lion swipes a claw at Garrett again!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 15 ( Total: 29 ) for -6 penalty, -5 blind, +2 CA from blinded
Aleith|DM: MIssing again….
Aleith|DM: The lion goes down after a dozen or so more seconds….
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Gerald: "HOLY SHIT THAT THING COULD SOAK BULLETS LIKE IT WAS LAVA OR SOMETHING WHAT THE HELL!"
Zane: "Fey magic bullshit, probably. Also hey remember that lion headed shield that Asrabey had?"
Garrett: "Nothin’ about that was okay."
Gerald: "Hahah."
Zane: "What're the odds that we're chasing him and his amnesiac wife and happen to meet a monster with actual flying lion heads and he's *not* behind that gate."
Garrett: "That bet 'd fetch you a pretty copper.
Gerald: "So uh Chandra still looks kind of… like he's not moving at all?"
Garrett: "Uh. Yeah." He knocks on him.
Aleith|DM: His texture looks pretty stoney too…
Aleith|DM: Through the archway, you can faintly see figures through it as if through a veil. A large organized group in a military formation stands behind two people who appear to be arguing, one leaning very aggressively into the face of the other.
Phyllis: "Ernst, you may want to…"
Ernst: "Hrm. Watch my back, this will likely take a bit."
Phyllis nods. "Mine too. I have a mind to ask Gale something."
Ernst rolled d20-3 and got 19 ( Total: 16.0 ) for lol
Aleith|DM: Chandra takes half his HP in damage but is otherwise back to normal after 1 hour…
[OOC] Phyllis: Sending], that is.
Aleith|DM: You probably interrupt your own casting a few minutes after starting it, as the other figure relents, pulls out some sort of small object, and steps to the archway, which shimmers. The 'veil' is removed, and you can see into the enclave through the archway.
Phyllis: That works, too.
Gerald: "Uh. Hi?"
Zane: "Oh, are you actually coming out to us? That is novel and unexpected."
Aleith|DM: Asrabey steps out of the archway. "Greetings. Welcome to Sentosa."
Zane: "Called it."
Aleith|DM: Behind him follows the other figure, a female eladrin. "Be welcome, friends of Asrabey." She seems wary.
Ernst: "Long time no see."
Garrett: "Yeah, hi."
Garrett: "Excuse our appearances. It's been a long journey."
Phyllis: "Kasvarina, I presume?"
Asrabey: "I see the guardian gave you a bit of trouble. I tried to get them to open it sooner, but they wouldn't listen right away."
Gerald: "Sorry about the Lion…? It didn't seem open to negotiations."
Faedravan: "No, but Kasvarina waits within. I am Faedravan."
Garrett: "Oh, they were probably having fun watching. Not that I could blame them, I guess…?"
Garrett: "(Wasn't my best showing though.)"
Faedravan: "It will reform tomorrow."
Gerald: "Oh. … That's cool, we should get one of those for HQ."
Garrett‘ blanches a bit. "Yeah…"
Faedravan: "I’d ask you to enter quickly, but if you can help keep watch for any others that would try to enter until your comrade is restored, that will do as well."
Garrett: "That was the idea. I mean, he wouldn't miss this for all the planes."
Gerald: "Either way, they're not going to have any other people over here any time soon."
Aleith|DM: Once Chandrasekhar is restored, they follow you through the gateway, though as you enter you feel a swing of vertigo and stumble, as if the gateway doesn't precisely line up between the two worlds…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License