Zg Session 70

It's late afternoon as you stand at the top of the waterfall (D) crashing down into the ravine carved by the river running West between a few towers mostly-buried under a glacier.
To the east is a hand-carved tunnel wrapping around and downwards towards what seems to be a mine. You see a couple of dwarf captives under the watch of one of the frost giants come out of a tunnel (W) and deposit some ice chunks into the pool of water outside (V), where several other frost giants watch.
Across the ravine from you is an encampment with several more frost giants (E).
From the information Garrett was able to glean with his tentative connection to the long-dead-and-buried city, there are several more giants near the bottom of the rift between two of the towers (O), and 5 others scattered around patrolling the area (In G, H, J, L, and U).
Aleith|DM: What's your plan?
Zane‘ runs a hand through his cropped hair. "That… is a lot of targets."
Garrett: "Yeah… not that we couldn’t take them all in a straight fight, but…"
Aleith|DM: One of the giants you can see at V does seem to be bigger than the others and in charge as he's the one barking orders.
Zane: "No sense in doing it the hard way."
Garrett: "Not to mention they have…" he briefly zones out a bit, hand still on a worn tile. "…something like holes, like an anthill, connecting some of the places."
Gerald: "I don't think anyone brought explosive with us though."
Garrett: "So reinforcements are a thing that can happen really quickly."
Chandrasekhar: "Hmm."
Garrett‘ grins. "You gotta be flexible a bit."
Zane` rubs his chin. "How much can you do here, Garrett?"
Garrett: "I’m pretty sure I can loosen -some- measure of snow so long as there's some ruins buried inside of it."
Chandrasekhar: "Any way we could cause them to raise the alarm, get them in one place, and then Phyllis can…" He waves a hand, impatiently.
Ernst: "What exactly would get that many's attention?"
Garrett: "Maybe loosen it enough to get rid of or destroy the holes, but anything else…"
Garrett‘ glances at Ernst, and then makes a Stocke-like motion of raising his hands and very gently making a klaxon noise.
Ernst shakes his head. "I was afraid you’d say that. Do you believe that many would roll in over a robot with a siren? We can try, but if it doesn't work we'll have an even harder situation to deal with."
Chandrasekhar: "Mmm. Good point."
Zane: "That alcove makes a good trap point, if we can do something about the hole in the roof."
Zane: "Or the bottom of a tower."
Garrett: "If…" He sighs. "If we could go into this tower, B, head to the bottom, and use the Passwall ritual that Phyllis mentioned…"
Garrett: "We'd need to subdue at least one giant on the way, quickly and quietly."
Garrett: "Then head east, subduing another one, and we'd come up right over the alcove containing prisoners and, well, more frost giants."
Zane: "Hm. Quick and quiet I can do, in theory."
Garrett‘ smiles. "I wouldn’t make you do it alone, of course."
Garrett: "Anyway, we'd probably have to fight the set over by the prisoners. Collapsing the alcove would be a lot of collateral damage."
Ernst scratches his head. "My guns aren't exactly quiet."
Ernst: "What I'd do for a zone of silence."
Garrett: "No, see, I'd be the other one helping him."
Gerald: "I can actually do that… not that it really matters."
Ernst glances at Gerald. "Now that you mention it I do recall you doing something like that once. It doesn't come up much."
Garrett‘ lightly chuckles. "It isn’t exactly his MO, no."
Gerald: "Because everyone keeps telling me I'm not allowed to snipe people from a mile out, even though they DEFINITELY asked us to kill them."
Garrett: "But it's nice to have an know."
Garrett: "Though after we do that, the question is- after we deal with the lich, how do we get everyone back up and out."
Garrett: "It would probably be better, I suppose, if we used Passwall to come back -up- rather than down."
Garrett: "Granted… that's assuming us killing the lich doesn't take out some sort of load bearing glacier. What would be the odds of that?" he muses.
Ernst: "I'm not sure linked portals would be ideal either. We could draw a circle up here, but there's no guarantee we'd have ten minutes to make one down below."
Garrett: "Then again I guess if it's all gonna come crashing down, nobody would have any chance to really stop anyone else, so it'd just be a mad dash out."
Zane‘ taps his chin. "I can take down the one over here, virtually garanteed. The question then becomes ’how fast can you all get to me' since I'm not sure I want to duel the ones holding the captives on my lonesome."
Chandrasekhar: "You'll get your chance, Gerald. A ripe fruit falls into the hand of a patient man."
Garrett: "There's only the one marked at 'u', it'll just take us a few minutes."
Gerald: "Like, a fraction of a second?" Gerald taps at the rifle slung across his back.
Garrett: "I mean to get down."
Zane‘ chuckles. "Yeah, alright."
Garrett: "I have no doubt that between the two of you, that frost giant is as good as a corpse."
Zane` starts double-checking all the straps for his various weapon harnesses, so that nothing will rattle on landing. "This is a bit higher than the last time I tried something like this, but the math checks out. Should be fine."
Garrett` nods. "Happy landings."
Zane: "Well you know what they say, any landing you can walk away from…"
Zane` crouch-walks over to the ledge, measures the angles, and then leaps down onto that poor unsuspecting bastard.
Aleith|DM rolled 3d10 and got 4, 8, 9 ( Total: 21 ) for falling damage minus 30 feet
Chandrasekhar is… is definitely watching.
Aleith|DM: And safely ignored.
Gerald` takes a second to get a beed on the giant while Zane is measure angles, just in case he needs a follow up hit.
Aleith|DM: Attack roll vs the giant?
[OOC] Zane: can I garrote strangle it? :D?
Aleith|DM: you’re hidden, right???
[OOC] Zane: hahahaha yesssssss
Aleith|DM: I'm not even going to ask for a Stealth check with their Perception….
Zane‘ rolled d20+23 and got 6 ( Total: 29 ) for vs Reflex
Aleith|DM: Hit! If barely.
Zane` looks like he overshoots, but his arms snap down at the last minute and the gold-lined silk cord buries itself in the giants throat. Zane uses the impact to twist in mid-air, ending with his knees pressed firmly against the giant’s back.
Garrett‘ begins to set up their climbing gear, which they have because that’s how they got up here in the first place.
Chandrasekhar grins. "Showoff."
Aleith|DM: Alright. How much damage?
Zane‘ rolled 3d4+14 and got 4, 4, 1 ( Total: 23.0 ) for damage + furious assault, assassinate, brute stance and attack finesse damage dice
Also rolled 4d10 and got 6, 4, 3, 7 [Total: 20 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 5d8 and got 1, 6, 1, 3, 2 [Total: 13 (Low), Avg: 2.60]
Total: 56.0, Avg: 3.50
Aleith|DM: ALMOST enough for Death Attack, but not quite. [56!] 24 HP left.
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Anyone else taking an [1] action during the surprise round?
Gerald` finishes it off with a double tap. Not like he’s got to save his shots for anything else just yet.
Garrett‘ speaks into the collar of his coat. "Take the shot."
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+24(1) and got 7 ( Total: 31 )
Also rolled 2#d20+24(2) and got 4 [Total: 28]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 59
[OOC] Gerald: vs ref
Aleith|DM: 1st hits!
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in 3d10r2+14
Gerald` rolled 3d10r2+14: (1, 9), (2, 9), 3 [Total: 35.0 (High), Avg and got 7.00
Also rolled 2d8 and got 2, 4 [Total: 6 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 41.0, Avg: 5.40
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: //The giant only gets a brief chance to struggle before the bullet’s impact silences it.

Chandrasekhar: "Does that satisfy you for a little while, Gerald?" He smiles.
Gerald: "Not really the same thing as explosing Lya's head from across the ocean…"
Chandrasekhar: "Granted."
Chandrasekhar: "Less likely to cause a major diplomatic incident, though."
Garrett: "I don't know, remember when we tried to diplomacize the frost giants…?"
Gerald: "Yeah." Gerald slings the gun back over his shoulder and starts sliding down.
Aleith|DM: Zane: The alcoves you can see to the right and the left of you have a few dwarves and humans in each of them.
Ernst glances at the slope before frowning. He takes his time getting down.
Aleith|DM: There's ice bars blocking the entrance of the alcoves, locking them inside.
Zane‘ smiles, waves, makes the obligatory shushing motion.
Aleith|DM: One of the dwarves looks familiar, actually… Blonde hair and beard, both close-trimmed… It’s…Kvarti?
Kvarti speaks up, quietly, though his voice carries over to you. "Constable. What are you doing here? Investigating the Ob?"
Gerald: "Ayup."
Zane‘ handwobbles. "Roundabout. Ish. Fancy meeting you here."
Garrett: "How’d you end up in this frozen hellhole?"
Chandrasekhar makes his way down the slope, carefully and patiently. (You have to be careful and patient when you've got this much armour on.)
Kvarti: "I was doing my own investigation here, trying to do something noble and investigating the people behind that colossus. Heard they were doing something in my old stomping grounds. Got caught."
Zane: "Aha. Well. Good news and bad news."
Kvarti: "What's the bad news?"
Zane: "We haven't killed them all yet."
Zane: "Good news is we're getting closer."
Kvarti: "Well, they've got a couple researchers somewhere by the towers doing something with all the rocks the giants have had us digging up here."
Zane: "Really? We missed them somehow on the way in. Duly noted."
Kvarti: "They're using some kind of oil in the lanterns that causes them to invigorate us. Makes the mining easier, but still not my preference. They probably make it from the rocks…?"
Kvarti: "What are you doing here?"
Aleith|DM: You did notices a few lanterns posted around the area close to the mine (V).
Zane: "The lich buried here has knowledge useful to us."
Gerald: "Weird."
Kvarti chuckles. "I've heard them mention the 'frozen wizard' down there. They seem scared of him. My rifle stock's actually carved from his thigh bone." He sighs. "They took Diplomatic away from me, of course."
Zane: "Well it doesn't work nearly as well if they leave you your magic gun when they lock you up."
Kvarti: "Right."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Whoops, it's called Reason, Diplomatic Rifle.
Zane: "So how do they get you out of the cave? the bars melt away when they need you to work?"
Kvarti: "They've got a couple of mages. They can shape ice it seems."
Zane: "So Garrett, springing the prisoners is apparently hour house."
[OOC] Zane: *your
Garrett: "I mean, I can identify weaknesses in the ice…" He pauses. "Oh, yeah, one sec."
Garrett‘ focuses on the ice and has it twist and grasp for the walls. [The City Comes Alive]
Kvarti: "Neat trick. Thanks. We should probably wait until you’ve got the other giants taken care of, right?"
Kvarti: "I can provide covering fire if you've got a spare rifle or something."
Garrett‘ hands off his carbine.
Kvarti: "Thanks."
Aleith|DM: So what’s the plan with the giants near the entrance to the mine? Going to surprise them, or try talking it out first?
[OOC] Garrett: pfft no we're surprising the SHIT out of them
[OOC] Zane: MURDAH
Aleith|DM: Alright. The giants are near the large pool in the middle of the area here. There's some deep drifts of snow (difficult terrain, triangle marks) and some small patches of ice (light blue highlights). What's your approach?
Gerald: "That's a whole lot of open area. I can I can shoot the fuck out of one of them and ya'll just … charge in?"
Ernst: "The terrain isn't ideal for chargin' quick, that's for sure."
Zane: "Let me get close to the one up north first."
Gerald: "Don't look at me I was trained for urban, forest and jungle combat. Not wide ass open snow fields."
Chandrasekhar: "Suppose I should do what I can to distract the leader and his magical friend."
Zane: "I had a couple semesters of this stuff. It doesnt really make it any easier."
[OOC] Zane: gonna sneak in and garrote that north dude as soon as Gerald starts shooting. he's a good distraction
[OOC] Zane: east edge rather
Aleith|DM: Okay let's start off with a Surprise Round!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Gerald | 24:Ernst | 19:Garrett | 19:Zane | 18:Chandrasekhar |
Ernst rolled d20 and got 19 ( Total: 19 )
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20 and got 20 ( Total: 20 )
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Ernst | 33:Garrett | 33:Gerald | 19:Zane | 18:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Garrett! Gerald!
Ernst just throws his shotgun forward as it hovers above the 40 foot drop.
Gerald` waiting to see if the thing nearby is still up after Garrett and Zane drop on it.
Garrett` circles about and stabs Guard D in the kidneys. [Sly Flourish]
[OOC] Garrett: …make that a Piercing Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+25 and got 4 ( Total: 29 ) for vs Ref
[OOC] Garrett: GOOD INSTINCTS
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+15 and got 1 ( Total: 16 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 1, 1, 1 [Total: 3]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 19
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 19!
Zane` drops off the ledge again, snagging the guard with his garrote like he did his friend earlier. [Garotte Strike]
Zane` rolled d20+21 and got 20 ( Total: 41 ) for vx Reflex
Aleith|DM: Critical!
Chandrasekhar: "Showoff!"
[OOC] Zane: I’LL TAKE IT LOL
Zane‘ rolled 3d10+40 and got 4, 4, 1 ( Total: 49.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 49!] [Death Attack] [KO!
Zane` wrenches its neck with a brutal popping noise.
Aleith|DM: Gerald? Chandrasekhar?
Gerald` zeros in on the big guy before letting it rip. [Quarry] [Biting Volley]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+24(1) and got 2 ( Total: 26 ) for vs ref
Also rolled 2#d20+24(2) and got 14 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 64
Gerald` rolled 3d10r2+14: (2, 3), 6, (2, 4) [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg and got 4.33
Also rolled 2d8 and got 8, 5 [Total: 13 (High), Avg: 6.50]
Total: 40.0, Avg: 5.20
Aleith|DM: No quarry, only [1] action during a Surprise Round unless you can make it a Free Action
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 27!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: sec, doing math
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: I think I can actually close with the biggun if I move+charge with Virtuous Charger up???
Aleith|DM: You get [1] action
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: DICKS
Chandrasekhar invokes the [Spirit of the Virtuous Charger] and bides his time.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Ernst | 33:Garrett | 26:Giant Mage | 24:Giant Guard C | 21:Giant Guard B | 19:Gerald | 19:Zane | 18:Chandrasekhar | 14:Giant Guard D | 13:Giant Khangitche | 10:Giant Guard A |
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Garrett!
Ernst fires off a [Greater Magic Weapon] with his Carbine at the Frost Giant leader.
Ernst rolled d20+24 and got 19 ( Total: 43.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+11 and got 2, 3 ( Total: 16.0 ) for +5 to hit, +4 dmg, Brutal 1 to Gerald and NPC
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 16!
Ernst then unloads into him two more times with his shotgun. [Minor x2]
Ernst rolled 4#d20+20(1) and got 20 ( Total: 40.0 ) for First two are for first attack
Also rolled 4#d20+20(2) and got 16 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+20(3) and got 10 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+20(4) and got 19 [Total: 39.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 145.0, Avg: 16.25
Aleith|DM: Crit hit! 1 hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+6 and got 3, 5 ( Total: 14.0 ) for [38 on crit since I don’t get bonus dice]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 38! 14!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett: "Rushin' 'im!" He moves in for some precise strikes! [Piercing Strike]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+25 and got 7 ( Total: 32 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+15 and got 1 ( Total: 16 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 2, 3, 2 [Total: 7]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 23
Garrett` cuts across the giant’s legs! [Minor - Low Slash]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+25 and got 1 ( Total: 26 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: You slip on the snow! Miss!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 23!
Gerald` takes a deep breath before unloading on the big guy. [AP] [Twin-Fanged Strike] [Twin Strike]
[OOC] Gerald: also quarry in there
[OOC] Aleith|DM: you delayed last round, your turn is later
[OOC] Gerald: nnnno we all acted on init 33?
Aleith|DM: You delayed until after Zane
Aleith|DM: who acts on 19
Aleith|DM: so now you act on 19!
[OOC] Gerald: god dammit zane!
[OOC] Zane: perfection takes time, bruh!
Aleith|DM: The frost mage moves east and sends a beam of blue magic lancing towards Garrett! [Freeze Blast]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 17 ( Total: 37 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+7 and got 7, 2, 5, 1 ( Total: 22.0 )
Aleith|DM: 22 cold damage and Garret is slowed (SE)!
Aleith|DM: Guards B and C move east!
Aleith|DM: Gerald and Zane!
Gerald` takes a deep breath before unloading on the big guy. [AP] [Twin-Fanged Strike] [Twin Strike] NOW.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 5 ( Total: 32 )
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 3 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 62
[OOC] Gerald: are you kidding me…
[OOC] Gerald: OH WAIT Those are both +4 more to hit n/m i’m good
Aleith|DM: Hits!
[OOC] Ernst: You have +5 from GMW
[OOC] Ernst: You piece of shit
[OOC] Gerald: I remember that, not my AP bonus though
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+28(1) and got 8 ( Total: 36 )
Also rolled 2#d20+28(2) and got 5 [Total: 33]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 69
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Garrett` growls as the cold wraps around him and finds a grip… and a steely gaze lashes it back out. [Icy Heart - all enemies within 2 are also Slowe UEoNT]
Gerald` rolled 12d10r2+44: 4, 10, 5, (2, 2, 4), 6, 4, 7, 5, 7, 8, 8, 7 [Total: 119.0 (High), Avg and got 6.25
Also rolled 2d8 and got 1, 3 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 123.0, Avg: 5.64
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 119! Bloodied!
[OOC] Zane: yessss perfect
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane` lets the gunfire rock the giant leader back on his heels as he runs across the ice and slides to a stop, burying his sword in the giant’s guts.
Zane‘ rolled d20+23 and got 11 ( Total: 34 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane` spins sidways into a snowbank, splitting the wound open and throwing up snow as a distraction.
Aleith|DM: Randomly, [+16]…
Zane` rolled 1d10+69 and got 8 ( Total: 77.0 ) for Ki Focus Daily: Maximize assassin strike against bloodied target, encounter gain insubstantial and phasing on a KO (EoNT)
Also rolled 2d8 and got 2, 8 [Total: 10 (Avg), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 87.0, Avg: 6.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar: "Well, you’re -all- showoffs."
Garrett: "I'm havin' an off day!"
Chandrasekhar prays for [Virtue] and then rushes in, charging guard C. [Charge] [Ardent Strike]
Aleith|DM: The giants just recoil a bit in horror as their chief practically melts in several seconds.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+22 and got 7 ( Total: 29 ) for vs. AC 33
Zane: "I'm cold and sober and hate everything about this place including why we are here. So lets just get it over with."
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: I didn't even get to act with the khangicite.
Aleith|DM: Oh right. Kvarti shoots the mage. [15!]
[OOC] Zane: that means we're doin' it rite
Gerald: "I agree."
Aleith|DM: Guard A swings his cudgel at Chandrasekhar.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 1 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Ernst | 33:Garrett | 26:Giant Mage | 24:Giant Guard C | 21:Giant Guard B | 20:Kvarti | 19:Gerald | 19:Zane | 18:Chandrasekhar | 10:Giant Guard A |
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Garrett!
Ernst fires off a [Magic Weapon] at the Frost Giant Mage with his [Carbine]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+21(1) and got 1 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+21(2) and got 20 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 63.0, Avg: 10.50
[OOC] Ernst: err… it's a carbine
[OOC] Ernst: I missed
Ernst then unloads two more shots into it with his shotgun.
Ernst rolled 4#d20+21(1) and got 13 ( Total: 34.0 )
Also rolled 4#d20+21(2) and got 1 [Total: 22.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Aleith|DM: That wasted 20….
Also rolled 4#d20+21(3) and got 6 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Also rolled 4#d20+21(4) and got 1 [Total: 22.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 105.0, Avg: 5.25
Ernst rolled 2d8+6 and got 5, 2 ( Total: 13.0 )
Garrett‘ points at the Frost Mage and heads for him, before doing a quick flash-step and appearing behind the guy! He stabs! [Vaulting Charge]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+23 and got 5 ( Total: 28 ) for vs AC
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Garrett` still gains +6 AC UEoNT since it’s Effect: right?
Aleith|DM: Yeah.
Aleith|DM: The frost giant mage swings their Meteoric Iron Axe at Garrett!
Aleith|DM: …this was probably a bad decision.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 2 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: Yes, it in fact was.
Aleith|DM: Guard B moves north and swings its cudgel at Garrett!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 19 ( Total: 41 )
Aleith|DM rolled 3d10+9 and got 7, 3, 9 ( Total: 28.0 )
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for vs Slow
Aleith|DM: Surprisingly hitting for 28 and slowing UEoNT!
Gerald` disruptive shot
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+28(1) and got 6 ( Total: 34 )
Also rolled 2#d20+28(2) and got 15 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 77
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 1d8+14 and got 4 ( Total: 18 ) for had to shotgun that so there were technically more rolls but w/e. also +6 more from auto fire and -7 to hit garrett which may not matter?
[OOC] Garrett: well hang on it might
[OOC] Gerald: -8 actually
[OOC] Garrett: I have 37 AC so 41-8 misses me
Aleith|DM: -8???
Aleith|DM: geez that’s a lot
[OOC] Gerald: it's wis based lol
Aleith|DM: Yeah, that definitely causes it to miss
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 24!
[OOC] Garrett: dodge tanking
Aleith|DM: Guard C swings at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 9 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM rolled 3d10+9 and got 9, 4, 8 ( Total: 30.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 30! Slowed UEoNT!
Aleith|DM: Gerald! Zane!
Gerald‘ [Quarry]s the mage for real this time, then [Twin Shot]s.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 14 ( Total: 36 ) for also minor to change targets.
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 8 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 66
Gerald` rolled 3d10r2+8: (2, 7), 10, 5 [Total: 30.0 (High), Avg and got 7.33
Also rolled 2d8 and got 5, 8 [Total: 13 (High), Avg: 6.50]
Total: 43.0, Avg: 7.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 43!
Zane` charges north to back Garrett up, starting in on the Guard with another flurry of sword slashes.
Zane` rolled d20+21 and got 13 ( Total: 34 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane` rolled 1d10+11 and got 2 ( Total: 13.0 )
Also rolled 2d8 and got 5, 7 [Total: 12 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 25.0, Avg: 4.67
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 25! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar invokes [Astral Thunder] and issues a [Call of Challenge]!
Chandrasekhar rolled 2#d20+18(1) and got 2 ( Total: 20 ) for vs. Fort 30
Also rolled 2#d20+18(2) and got 8 [Total: 26]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 46
Aleith|DM: Guard A swings at Chandrasekhar again!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 12 ( Total: 34 )
Aleith|DM rolled 3d10+9 and got 8, 3, 2 ( Total: 22.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 22!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Ernst | 33:Garrett | 26:Giant Mage | 24:Giant Guard C | 21:Giant Guard B | 20:Kvarti | 19:Gerald | 19:Zane | 18:Chandrasekhar | 10:Giant Guard A |
Ernst repeats his last action, firing a [Magic Weapon] at the Frost Giant Mage with his Carbine followed by two blasts from his shotgun. [Standard, Minor, Minor]
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Garrett!
Ernst rolled 5#d20+21(1) and got 12 ( Total: 33.0 ) for Carbine, shotgun x2
Also rolled 5#d20+21(2) and got 16 [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+21(3) and got 9 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+21(4) and got 12 [Total: 33.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+21(5) and got 20 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 174.0, Avg: 13.80
Aleith|DM: Hit! 1 hit! 2 hits!
[OOC] Ernst: 2 hits actually.
[OOC] Ernst: Magic weapon applies -1 AC
Aleith|DM: oh right mage AC is 31 base
Ernst rolled d8+11 and got 3 ( Total: 14.0 )
Also rolled 4d8+6 and got 5, 7, 7, 6 [Total: 31.0 (High), Avg: 6.25]
Also rolled 4d8+6 and got 7, 4, 1, 2 [Total: 20.0 (Low), Avg: 3.50]
Total: 65.0, Avg: 4.67
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 65!
[OOC] Ernst: +2 to hit, +4 dmg, brutal 1 for Gerald and NPC
[OOC] Ernst: -1 AC for Giant
Aleith|DM: Sadly Kvarti doesn’t roll….
Aleith|DM: oh right I skipped him last round…?
[OOC] Garrett: I was about to say haha
Aleith|DM: He hit the mage for [15!] too!
Aleith|DM: sadly it's still not dead.
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ attempts to finish off this mage! [Piercing Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+23 and got 16 ( Total: 39 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
[OOC] Garrett: does the giant guard have reach
Aleith|DM: Melee 2
Aleith|DM: but not threatening reach
Garrett` scurries around the guard to give Zane an opening.
Aleith|DM: Guard C swings at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 16 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM rolled 3d10+9 and got 7, 3, 9 ( Total: 28.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting again for 28 and slowing until EoNT!
Gerald` [Defensive Volley] [-11 damage to Chandra]
Aleith|DM: Guard B swings at Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 20 ( Total: 42 )
Aleith|DM: Critting for 39! Slowed UEoNT!
Aleith|DM: Kvarti shoots Guard C for [15!]
Aleith|DM: Gerald! Zane!
Gerald` pulls out of his sniping stances, dashes to the edge of the cliff, then pulls out his shotgun and firings a [Shrink Ray] ar Guard C after making it his [Quarry]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 10 ( Total: 32 )
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 1 [Total: 23]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 55
[OOC] Gerald: wow missed with a 10, feels bad
Aleith|DM: was that including +1 from MW?
Aleith|DM: or +2 actually?
Zane` grunts and staggers, turning that bone-shattering impact into momentum for a spin. His blade dips down and then whips up to slash Guard B as his left hand snatches the three-pointed boomerang off his harness and flings it south at Guard C. [Spending a Martial Die for Two Targets]
[OOC] Gerald: oh right, i am good at forgetting fue’s buffs lol
[OOC] Ernst: +4 dmg
Gerald‘ rolled 3d8+14 and got 3, 1, 4 ( Total: 22 ) for shrunk
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 22!
[OOC] Ernst: before you forget that too.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: +10 from MW and autofire?
[OOC] Gerald: +10 from the damage buff and autofire, and 6 to guard A
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 10! Bloodied!] [6!
Zane` rolled 1d20+23 and got 19 ( Total: 42.0 ) for MBA RBA
Also rolled 1d20+18 and got 12 [Total: 30.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 72.0, Avg: 15.50
Aleith|DM: Hit, miss!
[OOC] Zane: Death Attack
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: no OA for the RBA since it died.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Zane` catches the boomerang on the return after it zips past the giant, close enough to slice hair.
Chandrasekhar just slams into Guard A with a [Castigating Strike]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+21 and got 17 ( Total: 38 ) for vs. AC 33
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+9 and got 5, 8, 7 ( Total: 29 ) for both giants subject to divine sanction UEONT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 29!
Aleith|DM: Guard A moves to flank Chandrasekhar before swinging his cudgel!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+24 and got 2 ( Total: 26 )
Aleith|DM: MIssing!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Ernst | 33:Garrett | 26:Giant Mage | 24:Giant Guard C | 20:Kvarti | 19:Gerald | 19:Zane | 18:Chandrasekhar | 10:Giant Guard A |
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Garrett!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: whoops forgot to take off the mage
Ernst fires off another barrage, first firing a [Magic Weapon] at Frost Giant Guard A with his Carbine followed by two blasts from his shotgun. [Standard, Minor, Minor]
Ernst rolled 5#d20+21(1) and got 18 ( Total: 39.0 ) for Carbine, shotgun x2
Also rolled 5#d20+21(2) and got 2 [Total: 23.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+21(3) and got 9 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+21(4) and got 19 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+21(5) and got 7 [Total: 28.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 160.0, Avg: 11.00
Aleith|DM: Hit! Misses! 1 Hit!
[OOC] Ernst: Fights almost over so I’ll go ahead and heroic that to 2 hits on the latter
Aleith|DM: Sure.
Garrett‘ hoofs it across the battlefield. [Double Move]
Ernst rolled d8+11 and got 5 ( Total: 16.0 ) for -1 AC
Also rolled 4d8+6 and got 4, 1, 1, 1 [Total: 13.0 (Low), Avg: 1.75]
Total: 29.0, Avg: 2.40
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 29! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Guard C swings at Chandrasekhar before taking a step back! [Ramhorn Cudgel, Shift]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+24 and got 6 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Kvarti shoots Giant C! [15!]
Aleith|DM: Gerald! Zane!
Gerald` [Twin Shot], one at a time!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+21(1) and got 20 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 2#d20+21(2) and got 17 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 79
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+21(1) and got 8 ( Total: 29 )
Also rolled 2#d20+21(2) and got 9 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 59
Aleith|DM: misses!
[OOC] Gerald: OK C’s ded
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane‘ moves south and sheathes his weapons, drawing his bow and firing at the last giant. [RBA]
Zane` rolled 1d20+20 and got 20 ( Total: 40.0 )
Zane` kills it so dead y’all
Aleith|DM: Crit! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: There's 16 prisoners huddling at the entrance to the mine, a mix of dwarves and humans.
Ernst makes his way down the ramp and patches up Zane and Chandra.
Garrett‘ sheathes his daggers. "Hey there. We’ll be springing everyone outta here in just a bit."
Garrett: "But we're about to head further in so I'd stay put if I were you- there's still guards above."
Aleith|DM: The frost plate that the khangicite was wearing seems to melt away, leaving behind a chunk of ice that radiates magic: +4 frost giant plate
Gerald: "…That's not normal, right?"
Garrett: "Maybe it is… for magic!"
Zane‘ nudges it with his foot. "Huh."
Aleith|DM: Heading down towards the lich, then?
Zane: "What in the world did they have you throwing ice into this pool for, anyway?"
Kvarti: "Melting chunks of ice to get at the chunks of rocks inside. Meteorites I think? I heard the researchers talking a bit about it while they were looking over things before.
Zane: "… Chunks of the meteor that Triogenes used to lay waste to this place. Aha…"
Gerald: "Eh?"
Zane: "Something Phyllis said earlier. Don’t worry about it."
Gerald: "Done."
Zane: "Alright. Lich first or prisoners first?"
Kvarti: "I can ride herd on the prisoners for a bit if you want."
Gerald: "I mean, you keep telling them not to move until we kill all the hostiles in the area anyway…"
Zane: "Alright. Lich first then. Kvarti mind the children."
Garrett: "Extract only when ready."
Kvarti nods.
Zane‘ rechecks all his weapons and heads into the mine. He doesn’t look happy, that's for sure.
Aleith|DM: Well, you don't head into the mine (W), but south and around the corner, towards (X).
Garrett: "Let's get this over with and such. This is gonna be the most fucked up negotiation…"
Aleith|DM: The lich's towering body (easily 18 feet tall) is visible through more than a foot of ice. Part of one leg is, in fact, missing.
Gerald: "Guy was pretty big, huh?"
Zane: "I was wondering how bigh a thighbone would be to make a rifle stock out of. Now I know."
Aleith|DM: Water runs down from the pool up above nearby, but a large hole in front of the lich causes it to drain in there instead of closer to the lich.
Zane: "So am I getting Grappa out or can one of us talk to this thing?"
Gerald: "I feel like I remember Ernst screaming at someone in Abyssmal once…"
Ernst: "First, it's Abyssal. Secondly, I read some inscriptions."
Ernst: "I wasn't screaming anything."
Gerald: "Well that too probably but I was thinking about that time they lost all that paper work we spent fourteen straight hours filing."
Ernst scowls. "If I could get Stockes duration increased somehow I could just have him sign the paperwork. I can read it from his point of view while I do more important things."
Garrett: "I think we're losing focus here."
Zane‘ spins a dagger in his hand and taps on the ice.
The lich’s eyes light up with a white glow. A muffled voice seems to come from all directions as the glacier around it shudders. "What have you come for?"
Zane: "You have knowledge we need."
Lich: "Such as?"
Zane: "A ritual for moving souls between bodies."
Lich: "I can teach you that. But you must break the ice trapping me and set me free. I promise not to harm you if you do."
Lich: "But if you do not, I will curse you and turn your blood to ice."
Gerald: "Both compelling options."
Zane‘ pulls a ball of spiderweb out of his pocket and starts unfolding it. "And we need the original soul removed from another body, so that the hitchiker can take over." Why yes you *can* hear his teeth grinding during that entire speech.
Lich: "That is easily done. Just press the victim against the ice here, and place a crystal on the back of their head, and name the person whose soul is to be removed. A glass sphere is best, but a piece of ice will work."
Chandrasekhar: "I’m curious. Who else have you made a deal like this with, in the time you've been down here? And what did they have to offer you?"
Garrett: "And is the ice special in some way…?"
Lich: "No. Visitors have been…rare. It has only been recently that I was uncovered."
The lich seems to snarl. "Some damned dwarf stole my thigh. And these other giants are scared to even come close to me."
Zane: "He made a beautiful gun out of it, for what its worth."
Aleith|DM: You sense that he'd frown if he could. "He should be dead."
Gerald: "Dwarves are too dumb to die, a lot of the time."
Gerald‘ kneels down and finds a good chunk of ice to carve a cube out of.
Chandrasekhar: "Hm. That’s interesting. Where'd /you/ learn the ritual?"
Zane‘ finishes unwrapping Leone’s sleeping body. "An amazingly useful trait." He stands there, his hands clenching and unclenching as he looks between the body and the ice.
Chandrasekhar steps closer to Zane, gestures. He's not… going to let Zane do the honours. Friends don't let friends personally violate their moral precepts.
Lich: "From my demon masters."
Zane‘ nods gratefully and steps back.
Lich: "It was useful in our work."
Gerald: "No doubt."
Chandrasekhar: "Mmmm. Thank you." He smiles, curiously, hoists the meat over his shoulder, puts it, appropriately, on ice. However the ritual goes.
Gerald` pauses for a second, then tosses his rifle to Ernst, and his shotgun to Garrett. "Just in case." before walking up and pressing the fresh icecube to the back of Leona head.
Aleith|DM: Speak the man’s full name.
[OOC] Zane: "A man has no name…"
Gerald‘ actually knows this one, because of the bullet! "…Leone Quintal."
When you say Leone’s name the entire glacier shakes, and the ice around you turns black. Cracks fissure the walls and Leone screams, flails, tries to shove you all away with his steelshaping even to the point of searing the flesh beneath his manacles. Then he goes limp, and the glacier becomes still and blue again, but the ice cube has turned black.
Zane‘ shudders and wipes the palms of his hands on his coat reflexively.
The man groans, before standing up straight and bonking his head a few times. He turns around and smiles at you. "Thank you for that."
Gerald: "Holy shit."
Gerald` holds the ice cube up to the light in the sky, squinting at it.
Chandrasekhar is far too strong; he worries for a moment that he’d damage the meat before it's of use, but luckily… "And welcome back."
Grappa: "So. Kn├╝tpara, huh?"
Chandrasekhar: "Not the vacation spot I'd choose."
Garrett: "Can't say I'm familir with it."
Aleith|DM: He glances over his shoulder. "And you must be the lich. Good day to you." He turns back to you. "Do you have the ritual yet?"
Gerald: "So is he like, still in the cube?"
Zane: "Not yet, no."
Lich: "That man's soul is trapped in the ice."
Gerald: "And if it breaks he's gone…?"
Garrett: "Don't put it in a mixed drink."
Grappa: "Huh. Creepy. Well, if you do that, he should pass on to the afterlife."
Garrett: "Don't destroy it."
Gerald: "Aha. Well it's just gunna melt when we leav - aw are you sure?"
Garrett: "Considering the nature of what we're going to do, it'd be best if his soul is somewhere we can keep track of, at least until it's over."
Gerald: "Oh good point."
Chandrasekhar: "Somehow I doubt he'd go where we'd expect him to."
Gerald‘ opens up a random hatch on Stocke and tosses the ice cube inside, then retrieves his guns.
Grappa: "Alright." He places his hand on the ice. "Can you teach me how to use your mortal possession ritual?"
Lich: "It is done. Anyone else who wishes to learn should place their hand on the ice."
Garrett` stares at Grappa, questioningly.
Phyllis does so and learns the ritual.
Gerald: "Eh sure what the hell." Hand to ice
Chandrasekhar places his hand on the ice. He’ll probably never /use/ it, but he's… curious, nonetheless. Forbidden knowledge is much too tempting.
Garrett‘ places his hand on the ice.
Aleith|DM: Sadly, you need the Ritual Caster feat to use it….
Zane` turns away.
Ernst shrugs and places his hand on the ice. May as well since they are here.
Lich: "Very well. Now that my part of the bargain is done, free me."
Zane: "Yeah."
Zane` looks at the others. "You all got it?"
Garrett: "Good here, in a sense of the word.
Chandrasekhar nods, ever so slightly.
Ernst: "They fulfilled their end of the deal."
Lich: "And I will start my grand plan to march into the frozen wastes, awaken the Lost Riders, and we will sweep across the land carving out a new domain for me to rule over!" The glacier starts booming with (muffled) maniacal laughter.
Garrett: "Oh man, you just went full evil."
Gerald: "I…"
Gerald: "Seriously dude what was the point of letting that slip before we were out of earshot?"
Chandrasekhar arches one eyebrow at the Lich, and looks like he’s almost trying not to laugh. "Goddess, you've been /waiting/ for that. Practising it in your head for centuries, haven't you."
Aleith|DM: Seriously. Lich who served the Demonocracy. What do you expect?
Ernst: "Well, I mean… we can cross that bridge when we come to it. A deals a deal."
Zane: "Fine then."
Gerald: "We just fucking had you kick a soul out of body, what makes you think we wouldn't go back on a deal…?"
Chandrasekhar: "I'm almost impressed. Takes real strength to wear your heart on your sleeve like that."
Zane‘ adjusts the flow of water so that it starts hitting the ice to melt it. "I am a man of my word."
Lich: "Ah. Thank you. Breaking the ice would be much faster, however."
Ernst: "We’ll see you in a year or two when you bring your army to our lands, yeah?"
Gerald‘ scracthes at his head.
Gerald: "Can we just save all of us some time and kill him now…?"
Zane` shrugs. "If I let you out while I’m here, I'm obligated to destroy you. You know that, right? I'm trying to keep to the letter and spirit of the deal. You get your freedom and we get our ritual. If you bust out now…"
Garrett: "Man, but,"
Garrett: "He gave the whole speech and everything."
Garrett: "As enforcers of justice,"
Chandrasekhar eyes Zane, curiously.
Lich: "This is not what I meant when you were to free me. Just because I already waited a thousand years for this chance…"
Zane: "Alright, on your head then. Just remember, this is what you wanted."
Chandrasekhar laughs. "Gerald, look what you have to look forward to if you don't learn patience."
Garrett: "We have to stop him while we can!"
Zane‘ walks off, grabs a mining sledge, and comes back to lay into the ice with mighty swings.
Gerald: "I’m just saying I don't want to be dealing with planer phasing brain vampire assassins AND undead hordes at the same time down the line."
Garrett‘ aids in attacking the cracks of the ice, wedging it open more and more!!
Chandrasekhar: "What if we could set them against each other? Vampires versus zombies. You could write books about it, you could retire early."
Gerald: "Hmm."
Gerald: "That would be a lot more appealing if I wasn’t human, since you'd probably need a few decade before it really sold without peoplle going 'woah too soon!'."
Aleith|DM: Once the ice breaks sufficiently, the Lich laughs triumphantly.
Lich: "Very well. I shall offer you a place in my future domain once I've had my rev-" And his jaw falls off. Confused, he manages to push himself free of the ice and take a single step, at which point his leg snaps in two. He faceplants, then shatters into thousands of icy shards. The various pieces fall down the pit and are washed away.
Garrett: "See?"
Gerald: "…"
Garrett: "You should have asked for the rest of your body to be turned into guns…"
Gerald: "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."
Grappa: "That was…easier than expected."
Zane‘ quietly puts the vial of ungol dust away. "I did warn him…"
Gerald: "I didn’t - aahahahaha - i didn't! ahahahaha - even get a - ahahahahahaha - chance to shoot - ahahaha oh my godddddddddddd…!"
Zane‘ walks out of the cavern.
Kvarti: "Done your business?"
Garrett: "Your laughing is louder than your gunfire, you’ll alert the rest of the guards."
Gerald‘ probably spends a good ten more minutes laughing, even still.
Zane: "Yeah. No replacement parts for your gun though. The lich is re-deceased."
Garrett` heads on out to Kvarti.
Kvarti: "Shame, but I think I’ll survive."
Gerald: "He fell into a thousand peices! ahahahaha."
Chandrasekhar is silent for a… a while, just…
Kvarti: "We fighting our way out, or do you have another plan? We could see what those researchers are up to."
Garrett: "No, no no, we're taking the quick way out."
Garrett: "Just be ready to run through all at once."
Chandrasekhar: "Let's not bet against 'load-bearing lich'."
Zane: "If we can learn more about this, we should."
Gerald‘ turns to Chandra. Mimes pulling himself out of something, then falls over and makes an explosion noise when he hits the ground.
Zane: "I would like the chance to do something here that doesn’t make me want to get drunk and hang myself, please."
Phyllis works on getting the Linked Portal up and running.
Zane‘ uses the time to go steal a bunch of research notes and a lanter.
Zane` and possibly one of the researchers.
Aleith|DM: Well, you are able to sneak past the giants with ease…
Aleith|DM: Alright, Zane. You move quickly but quietly through the ravine.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 12 ( Total: 27 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: When you get to the bottom of the ravine you feel the urge to treat everyone as a trusted friend as you get near a lantern shining nearby, but quickly shake it off.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: so while the lanterns in V invigorate, the ones in S seem to pacify you."
Aleith|DM: You make a quick circuit of the towers. The top floor of the NE tower find you a steelbound book on techniques of dragon breeding and rearing.
Zane` is unable to burn it on the spot but not from lack of trying.
Aleith|DM: The bottom floor of the south tower appears to be where they keep a haphazard collection of treasures looted from the ancient city. Mostly it’s just shiny brass, but a few (large) treasures are buried within, like a 10-ft. diameter solid gold chandelier or a mahogany headboard decorated with rubies. You also find Reason, Kvarti's rifle in there.
Aleith|DM: Sneaking past the guard in area L, you head into the alcove to north of there and spot a couple of middle-aged human scientists working away in the area.
Aleith|DM: This chamber has been subdivided with wooden poles and animalhide curtains, splitting it into lodging, laboratory, and living room. The room somehow seems to be kept at 'room temperature' without melting the ice walls.
Zane‘ can only carry one unconscious research nerd. The other one just gets tucked into bed to enjoy his unexpected nap.
Aleith|DM: There seems to be some random things scattered around, like an ’insect collection' board where the pins all hold giantendemic body lice and a log book next to a chess board. The open pages seem to show a bunch of lines marking dates and a single move per person, with all the moves just going back
Aleith|DM: and forth between two positions to no advantage.
Aleith|DM: Their laboratory has extensive notes on nearly 50 planes from which different meteors originated, and the effects they had on the prisoners.
Zane‘ looks for correspondence on those chess moves. To see where their opponent is playing from.
Aleith|DM: Just between the two researchers, it seems.
Zane: "… These people are insane."
Aleith|DM: And are J, to the southwest, has a snowman built inside it and a bunch of rocks on the wall spell out ’METEOR STORAGE'. A sled here is loaded with four dozen clay jars. Each one seems filled with bits of meteors, labelled with different planes.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: that's basically the highlights
Aleith|DM: There's a guard standing by the cart too…
[OOC] Zane: and just the one guard on this place?
Aleith|DM: Yeah.
Zane‘ drops that guy like 3rd period gym class and starts hauling loot. 1x sled of rocks, 1x bunch of notes, 1x unconscious research nerd.
Aleith|DM: That web is probably getting a bit full, but hey, that’s what the space is for, right?
[OOC] Zane: I'm not keeping Leone in the web anymore, its OK. Also worst comes to worst I just metal gear this guard and haul shit the old fashioned way
Aleith|DM: Dragging the sled out, down 40 feet, and past the waterfall would probably be problematic… But yeah I can see carrying the researcher anyhow
Aleith|DM: ANYWAY you get back with barely time to spare (good timing) as Phyllis opens the portal to the Roscommon.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: She did the ritual slowly towards the end, dragging out the cast time, you were actually a bit late…
Aleith|DM: The prisoners, Kvarti, and the lot of you rush through the portal before it closes.
Gerald: "OK I got the giggles out of my system and it looks like you got all their stuff out of their camp. Good to go?"
Zane‘ passes Kvarti his gun back. "Don’t worry, I'l make sure it's worth it when I call in the debt marker."
Kvarti: "Thank you very much. I'll keep that in mind."
Aleith|DM: And after working things out with Kvarti and the prisoners, you take the train back to Mirsk to wait for the officers Leone was supposed to be waiting for to arrive… between Autumn 72nd and 74th. You've got a lot of time to kill.
Chandrasekhar makes sure Zane gets drunk but does not actually hang himself.
Aleith|DM: You reach level 16. You get a further stipend of 80,000 gp.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License