Zg Session 68

You arrive in Trekhom on the train in the evening the next day.
Trekhom is low and flat, but exists more underground than above it. Factories and a truly vast railyard dominate the aboveground landscape, surrounded by squat buildings and dotted with a few towers that rise into the smoggy air. Most people live in tunnels, or in homes that extend two or three stories into the bedrock.
Aleith|DM: Autumn 19
Aleith|DM: You found out in Nalaam that after meeting some agents there on Spring 49, he left with some men and some money for Trekhom the next day.
Gerald‘ pulls a bandana up around his mouth and nose. "So, I’m not really a strange to soot and smog. But. This place needs better ventilation. Kind of ruins the cool underground aesthetic they otherwise got goin'."
Zane: "You know, even if I wasn't already foaming at the mouth for it, I'd beat Quital's ass to death just for this bullshit chase."
Phyllis: "When our informant shares a body with him, you are going to need to find different outlets for … whatever that is - than the physical."
Gerald: "On the bright side we're slowly catching up…? I think."
Phyllis: "Like the tingling sensation of a million illusory hooks pulling him apart."
Zane: "Nah, I'll just do it after we put Grappa in a new body. I've waited this long, whats a couple more months."
Ernst: "Months, huh?"
Chandrasekhar has been shivering and looking miserable ever since they got here. Everything about this place is awful.
Phyllis: "Let's track him down, then. Any thoughts on where he might have gone, or are we left to the devices of the local townsfolk again?"
Gerald‘ dabs some water from his cantine onto a cloth and passes it to Chandra. "It’ll help a bit."
Zane: "Yeah, if I tell myself it'll take months and we pull it off in a couple weeks it's like a bonus prize. Gotta take pleasure in the little things, Ernst."
Gerald: "Not a clue. In a place like this he seems like he'd be entirely in his element anywhere."
Zane: "Well I can start turning people upside down and shaking them until answers and/or drinking money falls out."
Aleith|DM: Alright. Streetwise checks while asking around the railyard about Leone.
Zane rolled d20+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11 ) for I cant believe they're actually letting Zane loose on an unspecting population.
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 2 ( Total: 25.0 ) for Seek Rumor, [Insightful Councilor] to reroll Arcana take higher once/milestone.
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 19 [Total: 42.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 67.0, Avg: 10.50
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+13 and got 19 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: Alright. Phyllis, you hear from the pulse of the railyard that some of the workers recall Leone purchasing two entire rail cars for himself, then bringing in workers to make alterations to them. You should probably ask some of the people in charge of the railyard about it. [Diplomacy or Intimidate]
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar, with Phyllis' information to help narrow your search, you find some engineers and railyard workers who recall that every week or two they've seen the same pair of train cars, which had special directions to transfer them between trains. They stood out because there were guards on them. The workers vaguely recall that the two cars never seem to be going the same place twice.
Phyllis heads over there, asking for details, with some charms to smooth down feathers and ward off suspicion, as per usual. [Diplomacy] [Suggestion]
Phyllis rolled d20+23 and got 5 ( Total: 28.0 ) for arcana->diplomacy
Aleith|DM: Phyllis, I'm going to guess that if the bureaucrats start a philisophical debate with you about whether behaviour is predestined - like trains on a track - you'd participate?
Phyllis: How could she resist? "No, no, then what point is there in being? Come, imagine for me if you will, a set of 100 coins …"
Aleith|DM: +5 for being an Escatologist. +5 for being willing to debate. [+10 total, check passed]
Aleith|DM: The railyard bureaucrats provide details on the two cars Leone purchased. They both resemble normal passenger cars, but with a more sturdy carriage to support more weight, and several windows on the left side covered over with steel.
Zane: "How often do they show up here?"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: every week or two
Zane: "So when where they here last?"
Phyllis: " … why build a set of ethics to follow if our destiny was already made? We hold the reins. To suggest otherwise is to defer that responsibility, to roll over and give up."
Aleith|DM: The guy engineer thinks a bit. "Four days ago, I think? I remember that being a busy day at the end."
Zane: "Shit. I don't want to camp here for a week and a half. We're sitting ducks."
Gerald: "It's probably the best option though."
Zane rubs his temples. "You know that makes you primary lookout."
Gerald: "How is that different from any other job…?"
Zane: "Just making sure. You seem about as wild over this smog as I am."
Gerald: "Yeah it's not great but I'm probably more use to it than anyone else other than Ernst."
Gerald: "Ernst you should build us up some like, I don't know, portable fans or vents or something if we're gunna be here a while."
Ernst: "I'll see what I have to work with."
Phyllis flips through her spellbook.
Zane nods. "Alright. I guess we're setting up shop until Leone comes back to town. Then we follow him and take him when he's outside of civilization."
Chandrasekhar: "I hope he hurries."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Fast Forward?
Zane: "You and me both."
[OOC] Zane: Assuming no Dwarf Smog Assassin Crew shows up, yeah
Aleith|DM: Three days later, one of the kobolds lets you know that El Extraño would like to meet with you at a needle factory in the city at night, after it closes. He's got information.
Gerald: "…Needle factory? Guess people wouldn't wanna… poke around… there."
Aleith|DM: Two kobolds, pistols on their belts, guide you inside.
Aleith|DM: You find El Extraño sitting near the heart of the factory, absent-mindedly grinding points on the tips of short pieces of steel wire, then punching holes to make the needles' eyes.
Zane bows politely. "El Extrano. Good to see you again."
El Extraño shrugs.
Zane: "What have you got for us?"
El Extraño: "Eh." He shrugs again.
Gerald: "Alright, we'll refrain from being impressed just yet."
Gerald‘ then gestures towards the kobald, then to the table questioningly.
Aleith|DM: He continues working.
Gerald` rolls a shrug before reaching toward to pick up a scrap of paper, then unfolds it.
Phyllis just stares for a few moments, then tries to sense if anything … untoward’s been cast on him.
Aleith|DM: Arcana?
Phyllis rolled d20+23 and got 1 ( Total: 24.0 )
Aleith|DM: He seems fine, if purposely ignoring you.
Phyllis: … it's been a few days, so [Insightful Councilor]?
Aleith|DM: If you want
Phyllis rolled d20+23 and got 17 ( Total: 40.0 )
Aleith|DM: Answer remains unchanged
Ernst glances at a folded piece of paper on the table. He doesn't rifle through other peoples shit though.
Aleith|DM: Gerald: http://i.imgur.com/lKSuB0r.jpg
Gerald‘ laughs, then passes it to Zane.
Zane reads. "Hm. Alright then. Guess we’re off to Mirsk."
Phyllis: "It is good to receive confirmation that he regularly visits, at least."
El Extraño nods and smiles, continuing to punch out needles.
Phyllis: "Even if the location is not news, the frequency is."
Zane watches the kobold leader for a minute and then tries his hand at needlework. "Anything else?"
El Extraño shrugs again.
Phyllis: "Do you see another strip of paper here?"
Zane: "I didnt even see the first one until Gerald picked it up."
Gerald: "Naw that was it."
Phyllis: "Clearly our informant isn't meeting us here in person."
Phyllis: "The correspondence left here is the only evidence we have they were even here."
Phyllis KNOWING WINK.
Zane: "Obviously we'll be taking that with us to cover tracks."
Gerald‘ shakes his head before giving a tip of his hat and heading out.
El Extraño laughs a bit as you leave.
Zane follows.
Phyllis: "Hmm. And the information about … not just reverse-portalling in is good."
Phyllis: "Aheh."
Zane: "That’s what we have our wagon for."
Aleith|DM: Trains are still faster than that…
Gerald: "Time for Jeremy to do some more sight seeing on the mainland, I think."
[OOC] Zane: stop spoiling my fun Aleith!!!!
Autumn 23rd
Aleith|DM: You arrive via train early in the afternoon. Checking the schedules, there's half an hour until the train from Balingrad is due to arrive.
Gerald: "So how you guys wanna do this. Try and get on the train legit, maybe with some illusions running? Or stow away?"
Zane: "Gerald find yourself a high point to perch on, I want to know where his cars get moved to. Phyllis and Ernst, assume he's got magical eyes and ears. Can you do anything about them? Once we know what train he's on, we need to be on it too before it leaves."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Here's the layout of the train station and the surrounding area http://i.imgur.com/gKZKcDW.jpg
Phyllis: "Possibly lay an ambush on the tracks, along the Balingrad-Mirsk line? Hallucinatory terrain seemed to be enough to stop the conductor on our last journey."
Chandrasekhar chuckles. "That'd be gratifying, at the very least."
Phyllis: "And … nothing doing about the eyes and ears, I'm sorry. No such countermeasures yet."
Zane: "Damn. Alright, then."
Gerald: "Hmm. Gunna have to hustle to catch back up with ya'll if I'm following the spare car… but I'll manage I guess."
Gerald‘ disappears into the crowd and goes searching for High Places.
Zane: "Just look for Singh. He’s… conspicuous."
Chandrasekhar snorts.
Aleith|DM: Alright, shortly before the train is due to arrive, Gerald, you see stop near the railyard.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: *see it stop
Aleith|DM: Over the next 10 minutes, the train splits into three parts: the front four cars, what looks like freight cars in the middle, and the passenger cars to the rear.
Gerald‘ has a spare scope at the ready to keep an eye on it and the people crewing it.
Aleith|DM: A second locomotive attaches to the freight cars and pulls them off onto a spur. A third locomotive attaches to the passenger cars and pulls into station, stopping at the north platform. Then finally the front four cars pull into station, stopping at the south platform.
Gerald: "Man I’d think he was being a little overly paranoid but me and Zane *did* basically kill him twice over so I suppose it's warrented…"
Phyllis looks at them. Anything she recognizes from her visions? From the rail workers' description of the cars?
Aleith|DM: The cars that pull in last at the southern, farther platform look like they could be the ones the workers and bureaucrats were talking about.
Phyllis: "Zane. Thoughts on an approach?"
Gerald‘ hops down and goes to regroup and relay information.
Visitors typically enter the station from the north, then purchase tickets and wait in the lobby. Doors open out of the south wall onto a series of railroad platforms, each of them 300 feet long. Short underground tunnels lead to the further south platforms, so that passengers don’t have to jump across the tracks.
A steel-framed glass roof—resembling a half-cylinder laid on its side—covers the platforms, protecting them from the common heavy snowfalls. A catwalk is suspended above the incoming trains, to allow workers access for repairs and cleaning.
Beyond the platforms, dozens of tracks extend further south, running in parallel and occasionally interweaving or leading to wheelhouses where cars can be swapped out from the train as a whole. Tunnels crisscross beneath these tracks too, and every few hundred feet one can find mighty cranes that can lift heavy materials from car carriages.
Aleith|DM: The northern platform and station interior start crowding as people debark the train-it’s staying here overnight.
Zane thinks. "Locomotive, fire shards, Quital's cars. Not a lot of room to maneuver or hide for you lot. Could try and drop down from the catwalk, but that's risky for you and Singh in particular. Quick dash out of the south platform tunnel to leap onto cars, but if he's got guards like we heard that's not the best either."
Phyllis: "Arcane gate down the catwalk?"
Zane chuckles. "God you wizards and your magic. You take all the effort out of things."
Chandrasekhar: "What can I say? I like winning."
Phyllis: "We want results, not the virtue of effort alone."
Zane grins. "Pardon me for being a purist. But yeah, I think if you can magic gate us on top of the cars, we can probably deal with the guards before Leone knows we're there."
Zane: "Or if not it'll be harder form him to get rid of us once we're in motion. Except for you." He raps his knuckles on Singh's breastplate. "You I worry about."
Phyllis: "Just point me where and where."
Chandrasekhar chuckles. "Worry? About me?"
Zane: "Magnetism spells, and you're wearing approximately half a ton of steel."
Gerald: "Basically a can of smarmy vengeance, yeah."
Chandrasekhar: "Hm. Well. Let him try to stop me."
Aleith|DM: At the very least, nobody seems to be getting off the cars on the southern platform yet. You can barely see a couple people standing by the doors of the third car.
Phyllis: "Only gold can truly stop Chandra, I imagine."
Phyllis: "Or, well, a combination of things, which would involve gold."
Phyllis: "Anyhow."
Chandrasekhar: "Phyllis. Are you implying my loyalty can be bought?!"
Phyllis: "No, the nature of - nevermind."
Chandrasekhar grins!
Zane: "Loyalty can absolutely be bought."
Zane: "Though maybe not yours, Chandrasekhar."
Zane looks the train cars over, nods at Geralds report. "He's packing more protection than I expected. Hmmmmm. Not a problem if we can disconnect the passenger cars from his two though."
Phyllis climbs up the far catwalk and waits for the others, getting ready to [Arcane Gate] at least a few of them to the top of the car's roof.
Aleith|DM: You can all get onto the roof of the train during the surprise round if you want.
[OOC] Zane: hell yeah
Aleith|DM: Stealth checks from Chandra, Ernst, and Phyllis though if you want to be quiet about it.
Aleith|DM: (Gerald and Zane are probably fine)
Ernst rolled d20+7 and got 14 ( Total: 21.0 )
Gerald‘ flips his blaster to beam pellets mode before heading through. It’s a little quieter than actual shot at least.
Phyllis rolled d20+8 and got 14 ( Total: 22.0 )
Ernst rolled d20 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+4 and got 7 ( Total: 11 )
Aleith|DM: Aaaand when Chandra steps out of the gate, just ahead of Zane, you hear some shouts from within.
clank*
Zane sighs. "I keep telling you to practice, but no."
Gerald: "On the bright side I don't need to worry about going loud now…" Gerald shrugs in Chandra's direction with a laugh.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 34:Gerald | 30:Marksman KL | 28:Marksman GH | 27:Phyllis | 23:Ernst | 23:Leone Quital | 22:Marksman AB | 22:Marksman IJ | 20:Chandrasekhar | 19:Marksman EF | 18:Zane | 17:Marksman CD |
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Chandrasekhar: "Just means they'll notice me first~.'
Gerald‘ takes a running jump over to the next car since there’s not an easy entry point here, then gets ready for CQC. [Spiting Cobra Stance] [Oakskin]
Aleith|DM: You hear the door to the train open below you, and one of the Marksmen guards climbs up onto the roof near you-=
[OOC] Aleith|DM: speaking of your stance
Gerald: "Ah, shoulda stayed down." Bang.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+21(1) and got 13 ( Total: 34 )
Also rolled 2#d20+21(2) and got 18 [Total: 39]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 73
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: The other marksmen sees this and shoots at you…from inside the train…? [Seeking Bullet]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 14 ( Total: 29 ) for -5 penalty for not seeing you
Aleith|DM: But it still misses!
Gerald` purses his lips together before side stepping.
Aleith|DM: You hear some mechanisms activating inside the train to your left.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis looks at Chandra and nods. "[Make It So]."
[OOC] Phyllis: hatches are on the left car, you said?
Aleith|DM: Yes.
Phyllis scoots left, but can’t go there just yet. And the Arcane Gate persists.
Aleith|DM: Alright. Ernst!
Ernst scratches his head. He can't really see any marksmen from here…? So he just readies a magic weapon and calls it a day.
Aleith|DM: Marksmen A and B fire at Phyllis and Ernst after opening the door in front of them! [Seeking Bullet]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 10 ( Total: 25.0 ) for -5 for total concealment
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 12 [Total: 27.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 52.0, Avg: 11.00
Aleith|DM: Missing!
[OOC] Ernst: Do I shoot him in the face before or after
Aleith|DM: You can't see them, they're shooting around corners
Zane: "Hey Gerald, they stole your magic bullets."
Aleith|DM: the bullets turn in mid-air
Gerald: "I actually don't have anything like that. Holy shit that is COOL."
Ernst: "They seem rather inaccurate, though."
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Gerald: "Still!"
Chandrasekhar casually strolls over to between the cars with his eyes closed. Jumps down. Opens his eyes, and they're burning bright gold. [Vision of the Fall] [Auto-Hit]
Aleith|DM: That IS a ranged attack, though, so A and K do get to try and Rifle Smash you first. [OAs]
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: I don't actually have a super good handle on where to stand and whom to target to kill the most but >_> whatever
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 11 ( Total: 31.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 17 [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 68.0, Avg: 14.00
Aleith|DM: They both hit for 10 damage each! 20 damage to Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM: And then they get blown up along with the others that you can see. [KO! * 7!]
Gerald: "Hey Phyllis do we have hunter's… uh… whatever that spell to track people down is called?"
Gerald: "Running at the moment?"
Aleith|DM: You can barely see Marksmen I and J get out of the far left room in the left car and start working some mechanisms in the hallway.
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane neatly slides through the narrow gap between the top of Singhs head and the doorframe, then whirls around the corner to throw his boomerang at Marksman I and J. [Spending one Combat Die to make a second RBA, 2 dice remaining]
Zane rolled 2#1d20+20(1) and got 18 ( Total: 38.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d20+20(2) and got 10 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 68.0, Avg: 14.00
Aleith|DM: 2 hits! 2 KOs!
Aleith|DM: Marksmen C and D climb out onto the roof and take shots at Ernst and Phyllis!
Aleith|DM: -but not before Ernst shoots one of them.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+21(1) and got 13 ( Total: 34.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+21(2) and got 5 [Total: 26.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 60.0, Avg: 9.00
Aleith|DM: 1 hit! [KO!]
Targets: D
[OOC] Ernst: +2 to hit, +5 dmg, brutal 1 to Phyllis
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 20 ( Total: 40 ) for vs Phyllis
Aleith|DM: 18 damage to Phyllis!
Aleith|DM: The hatches on the roof of car 4 open up, and two Advanced Bleak Golems (similar to the one you saw back in that warehouse in Summer 500 AOV…) appear through the hatches, raised up on platforms.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 34:Gerald | 27:Phyllis | 25:Bleak Golem A | 23:Leone Quital | 22:Marksman IJ | 20:Chandrasekhar | 18:Zane | 17:Ernst | 17:Marksman C | 15:Bleak Golem B |
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ flips the switch on his blaster to FULL POWER before firing a [AP] [Shrink Ray] through the both of them. "Hey now, we don’t want any collateral damage now!"
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 7 ( Total: 32 )
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 4 [Total: 29]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 61
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 1 ( Total: 26 )
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 6 [Total: 31]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 57
Gerald` Very Glad he APd into that and got hits from the bonus, lol.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Vs AC? 1 hit each
Gerald` rolled 1d8+14 and got 2 ( Total: 16 ) for +6 from auto fire
Gerald` then marks B as his [Quarry] and lets off a [Biting Volley]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 2 ( Total: 25 ) for what is prime target
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 1 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 49
[OOC] Aleith|DM: is that including the +6 or not
[OOC] Gerald: not included
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 22! 22!
Aleith|DM: Misses!
Gerald` MISSES VS REF, WITH TO HIT BONUSES AND PRIME TARGET.
Gerald` takes a step back.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Gerald: "Well."
Gerald: "At least the shrink ray hit."
[OOC] Phyllis: Ugh sec
Phyllis casts Illusory Ambush on Marskman C.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 17 ( Total: 38 ) for vs Will
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Bleak Golem A moves towards Gerald!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 7 ( Total: 29 )
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 2 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 53
Gerald` frowns slamming the barrel of his blaster against the roof. "Oh come on you were working fine this morning you peice of shit."
Aleith|DM: It punches at Gerald with a Witchoil Fist.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 4 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: but it misses as well!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 14 ( Total: 36 ) for OA with Fading Strike
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 3 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 61
Gerald` rolled 1d8+14 and got 3 ( Total: 17 ) for +6 autofire
Gerald` slides back onto the other train car.
Aleith|DM: OA from what? It was a melee attack.
[OOC] Gerald: er. right sorry too hot for thinking
Aleith|DM: Okay.
Aleith|DM: One of the steel plate flies off of the north side of the third car, and Leon flies out the window, the steel plate hovering in front of him like a shield. "Who all is this-YOU!" He pries a bunch of metal loose from nearby, swirling it into a maelstrom treatening to slice anyone who tries to pass through. [Shrapnel Vortex]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: *Leone
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+22(1) and got 9 ( Total: 31.0 ) for -2 from Cover for Zane
Also rolled 4#d20+22(2) and got 6 [Total: 28.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+22(3) and got 20 [Total: 42.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+22(4) and got 11 [Total: 33.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
d20+20: 15 [Total: 35.0 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Chandrasekhar: "You /weren’t/ expecting guests? How rude of us, then."
Total: 169.0, Avg: 12.20
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+25 and got 3, 1, 1 ( Total: 30.0 )
Aleith|DM: 30 damage to Chandrasekhar, Phyllis, and Zane! 43 to Gerald!
Gerald: "Hey did you like the bulle - ack!"
Aleith|DM: The area becomes a zone until the end of Leone's next turn. Any creature that enters the zone or end its turn there takes 20 damage.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Except Leone
[OOC] Phyllis: which one is targetting Phyllis, the 28?
Aleith|DM: 33
Aleith|DM: alphabetical
Aleith|DM: 28 misses Ernst
[OOC] Phyllis: and what defense, AC?
Aleith|DM: Yes
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: can I ray of reprisal that and if so does it effect every damage or just one person's?
[OOC] Phyllis: attackers win ties right :(
Aleith|DM: yes, just one
Aleith|DM: yes
Aleith|DM: And just for that, with a glance he rips a one-ton steel wheel off the one of the passenger cars to the north and hurls it at Gerald like a missle. [AP -> Makeshift Artillery]
Gerald: "I'll take that as a " yes you enjoyed the bullet "! Yow."
Ernst fires an [Energy Conversion] at Gerald. [-9 dmg +13 thp after]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 16 ( Total: 38 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled 5d6+20 and got 6, 6, 4, 1, 5 ( Total: 42.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 42
Chandrasekhar [Ray of Reprisal]s that second hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+18 and got 3 ( Total: 21 ) for v. Fort
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d6+8 and got 4, 6, 5 ( Total: 23 ) for half damage, radiant, ally takes half damage from that attack
Gerald: "Chandra! Chandra! I think I have a fan!" Gerald pauses, then spits some blood out of his mouth.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 11!
Aleith|DM: The metal sheild takes the attack for him.
Chandrasekhar makes a rude gesture at Quital and then teleports into the middle of the golems. [Virtue] [Castigating Strike] targeting A
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+21 and got 8 ( Total: 29 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 11 ( Total: 11 ) for save ends for shrink ray
Chandrasekhar misses
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane reverses suddenly and darts backinto the train car underneath Leone, only to slide through a window and pull himself up with a murderous smile. "You thought you could hide, Quital? From us?"
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst tosses a [Resistive Formula] on Gerald before activating it immediately. [+36 THP to Gerald and Phyllis, +18 THP to Ernst] He then hops off the train before pulling out his Carbine and firing at Bleak Golem A.
Ernst rolled d20+21 and got 9 ( Total: 30.0 ) for Magic Weapon
Quital: "Hide? From you? Bah! You're just brutish enforcers of a hundred generations of dim-witted superstition!"
[OOC] Ernst: Heroic…
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled d8+11 and got 2 ( Total: 13.0 ) for [Transpose]
Zane almost purrs. "You haven't even seen brutish yet, Leone…"
Gerald: "I gotta ask -"
Ernst then spends an AP and fires a GMW at the other Golem.
Phyllis: "To cut off the trunk of the past is foolishness."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!
Ernst rolled 2#d20+24(1) and got 10 ( Total: 34.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+24(2) and got 20 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 78.0, Avg: 15.00
Aleith|DM: Hit! Crit!
Gerald: "Did we actually manage to kill you and they just had the materials for ressurection on hand or did you actually survive that salvo?"
Ernst rolled 2d8+16 and got 8, 4 ( Total: 28.0 )
[OOC] Ernst: +5 to hit, +5 dmg, brutal 1 for Gerald/Chandra
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 28
Ernst then tosses Stocke down since he has a minor why not.
Aleith|DM: Bleak Golem B strikes at Chandrasekhar! [Witchoil Fist]
Phyllis: "Does it matter at this juncture?"
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 19 ( Total: 39 )
Gerald: "I'm curious!"
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+4,50% and got 5, 4, 2, 3 ( Total: 9.0 )
Gerald: "It takes a lot of effort to make those bullets and they have extremely limited functionality."
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 9 damage, and affecting Chandrasekhar with Bleak Aura! [Ongoing 5 necrotic damage, and when taking the damage each creature within 3 squares takes 2 necrotic damage]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Save Ends
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 10 ( Total: 10 )
Aleith|DM: It regrows to normal size.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 34:Gerald | 27:Phyllis | 25:Bleak Golem A | 23:Leone Quital | 20:Chandrasekhar | 18:Zane | 17:Ernst | 15:Bleak Golem B |
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ takes a step back before unleashing a [Twi-Fang Strike] on Golem B.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 19 ( Total: 45 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 18 [Total: 44]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 89
Quital: "Barely, you small-minded gremlins," he growls. "I was tring to create something that would change the world, but of course you’d be afraid of a bold creation that would show the uselessness of your existence!"
[OOC] Gerald: you fucking bot
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 11 ( Total: 37 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 20 [Total: 46]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 83
Aleith|DM: Crit!
Chandrasekhar stares at Quital in disgust.
Gerald` rolled 3d8+14 and got 3, 3, 6 ( Total: 26 ) for +11 more from autofire and part of the move
Also rolled 3d6+59 and got 2, 5, 3 [Total: 69]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 95
Aleith|DM: The shield takes 39 damage before being torn apart. [56!]
Leone flinches.
[OOC] Gerald: golem on leone
[OOC] Gerald: not^
Aleith|DM: oh whoops
Aleith|DM: right
Phyllis: "Any creation that sufficiently disrupts the status quo, that rends the world’s balance asunder, that throws it off its axis - "
Gerald: "That…"
Aleith|DM: Oh that kills it outright
Phyllis: "Such is foolishness."
Gerald: "That didn't answer my question at all Quital!" Gerald offhandedly evaporates the golem behind him.
Phyllis: "He never does…"
Aleith|DM: Sigils etched along the golem’s seams flare red, then go black. The golem’s abdomen explodes outward with a cloud of searing, smoking oil. [Witchoil Breach]
Chandrasekhar: "Mmm. Not… necessarily. But entirely in the service of one man's ego? Then yes, that is utter foolishness."
Aleith|DM rolled 5#d20+18(1) and got 1 ( Total: 19.0 ) for vs Fort, Chandra, Ernst, Gerald, Phyllis, Stocke
Also rolled 5#d20+18(2) and got 18 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+18(3) and got 4 [Total: 22.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+18(4) and got 18 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+18(5) and got 6 [Total: 24.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 137.0, Avg: 9.40
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+14 and got 2, 8, 6, 4 ( Total: 34.0 )
Gerald: "Woah fuck why are these things running on witchoil that's so stupid!"
Aleith|DM: 34 necrotic damage to Ernst and Phyllis, who are thrown backwards and dazed UEoNT! And affected by Bleak Aura (but at ongoing 10 and 5 necrotic to nearby creatures)
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis strains to move east - [Move] - then follows up with a desperation attempt to send Quital to an early … nap.
[OOC] Phyllis: Slumber of the Winter Court] with [Orb of Mental Imposition] [Orb of Mental Dominion] [Amulet of Elegy
Aleith|DM: As you step past him he rips another steel plate off of a window and smashes it into you. [OA -> Shield refreshed]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 5 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM: But misses.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: wait he has one it stays at 39
Phyllis rolled d20+20 and got 2 ( Total: 22.0 ) for vs Will, there are effects on a miss!
Phyllis: Slowed (save ends), first failed saving throw: Unconscious (save ends) (yes, even on a miss)
Aleith|DM: Oh. Dear.
Phyllis: -8 roll twice take lower for the first one, -2 roll twice take lower for all subsequent ones.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Phyllis did you take the 10 ongoing damage? Ernst and Leone (well, his shield) take 5 necrotic as well
[OOC] Phyllis: there's ong - ffff
Aleith|DM: And make a save
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 17 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: And you shake off the witchoil.
Aleith|DM: Leone reaches towards Gerald. [Yank]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 12 ( Total: 34 ) for vs Fort
Aleith|DM: And yanks your blaster out of your hands to land at his feet.
Gerald: "Okay."
Gerald: "Faie warning:"
Gerald: "That's not back in my hands in thirty seconds? It's going to explode."
Gerald: "So you can either give it back, quickly, or…"
Phyllis: "You're a fool more concerned with the realm of the material."
Phyllis: "Blind to the concerns of that which birthed it."
Leone’s makeshift shield screeches as he telekinetically twists it and causes it to extrude spikes. Then he smashes it into Ernst and grinds him into the ground. [Shield Bash]
Phyllis: "Blind to thought that gives things their form."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 7 ( Total: 29 )
Ernst: "That's just rude."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: +2 from CA
Aleith|DM rolled 2d12+12 and got 7, 7 ( Total: 26.0 )
[OOC] Ernst: Can I immediate interrupt dazed?
Aleith|DM: nope
Aleith|DM: 26 damage and he throws Ernst prone and back a couple squares.
Gerald‘ unslings his rifle from his back and knocks the plate out of the air. [Disruptive Shot]
Gerald` rolled d20+27 and got 13 ( Total: 40 )
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in 1d10r2+19
Gerald` rolled 1d10r2+19 and got 10 ( Total: 29.0 )
Ernst: "Many thanks."
Aleith|DM: //Okay, make that 8 damage and pushed 1 square instead. [still damages on a miss]

[OOC] Aleith|DM: 29! to the shield
[OOC] Phyllis: Save for Slumber?
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20-6(1) and got 8 ( Total: 2.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20-6(2) and got 11 [Total: 5.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 7.0, Avg: 9.50
Aleith|DM: And he falls asleep (SE)!
Phyllis: "Zane."
Aleith|DM: Bleak Golem A moves beside the train. A hinge on the golem’s wrist swivels its hand away, revealing a nozzle that blasts you with withering oil. [Witchoil Thrower]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 20 ( Total: 36.0 ) for vs Reflex, -2 for cover from the train
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 11 [Total: 27.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 63.0, Avg: 15.50
Zane: "He’s not going to wake up."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis takes 20 necrotic damage, and is affected by the bleak aura again!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar runs out of the car he's in, and [Spirit of the Virtuous Charger] [Charge]s the remaining golem!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+22 and got 15 ( Total: 37 ) for vs AC
Gerald and Stocke take 5 necrotic damage from Chandrasekhar's bleak aura.
Aleith|DM: err make that 2
Aleith|DM: it was half damage :(
Phyllis: "I hope that's figurative. We still want him alive."
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+15 and got 7 ( Total: 22 ) for divine sanction
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar take 5 necrotic
Chandrasekhar rolled d20 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for to save, I think?
Aleith|DM: Yeah you're good for that now
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 22!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane: "Singh hold your breath for a second!"
Chandrasekhar wriggles an eyebrow from outside the train car. Phrasing!
Zane flicks his right hand at the golem, hurling a small purple vial that explodes into a swirling toxic mist, then darts over to Leone and folds him up into a ball of spiderweb.
Zane rolled 1d20+18 and got 10 ( Total: 28.0 ) for Insanity Mist. vs Reflex
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 7d10+11 and got 3, 8, 8, 10, 2, 7, 2 ( Total: 51.0 ) for assassin strike, furious assault, attack finesse
Also rolled 3d8 and got 8, 7, 3 [Total: 18 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 69.0, Avg: 5.80
[OOC] Zane: Death Attack
[OOC] Phyllis: Not coup de graceing?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] It explodes outwards with witchoil! [Witchoil Breach
[OOC] Zane: Nope I am stuffing Leone into the statis spiderweb instead
[OOC] Zane: I was hoping the fact that I oneshot it would stop that ;_;
[OOC] Phyllis: oh o…kay
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 20 ( Total: 38 ) for vs Fort, Chandra
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar is hit for 46 necrotic damage, dazed, and still affected by bleak aura!
Aleith|DM: Aaaaand it's gonna take you more than a standard action to stuff his entire body in there.
Aleith|DM: But the others can help you keep him unconcious until you do.
Chandrasekhar: "Hnnngh- good Goddess-"
Ernst heals up the party now that they aren't dying horribly. Phyllis first.
[OOC] Phyllis: any bonuses to surge-spending? or what
Aleith|DM: Security starts making their way towards you. You probably want to skedaddle.
[OOC] Ernst: Only +10 since it's not THP
Gerald: "That was exciting."
Gerald‘ peak over the train car.
Gerald: "Nothing to see here folks! Just detaining a dangerous terrorist! Everything’s good now though!"
Zane: "Time to go. I'll choke him out and let grappa talk when we get some place far away from any metal."
Phyllis: "Mage handcuffs."
Zane: "On my belt, yes."
Phyllis: "But yes, following your lead."
[OOC] Phyllis: is 'skedaddling' trivial or
Aleith|DM: And you make your way away from the station, an Obscurati officer with a mental passenger in Zane's pocket.
Phyllis: As Providence would allow, it just so happens that their temporary hideaway, when they come across it, is free of metal just as Zane asked. [Inexplicable Narration]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License