Zg Session 65

Pemberton: "I was hoping I'd get to kill you after derailing my plans, anyway. Tinker, seal the exit and kill them all."
You hear a distant sound from the hallway your minecart came from as you all hop out and ready yourselves for the fight.
The heat from the lava causes everyone to take 1 fire damage. Tinker is protected by his steamsuit, but the suit itself takes 1 fire damage, much like all of you…
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 34:Ernst | 31:Garrett | 30:Chandrasekhar | 30:Gerald | 28:Zane | 23:Steamsuit | 18:Tinker | 14:Phyllis |
Ernst doubles moves to get to a safe location, before deploying Stocke.
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Gerald: "Woah, what did we ever do to you? Other than like make a lot of noise about fair labour conditions inside of factories, I guess…? But killing us just for that seems excessively petty!"
Zane‘ smiles. "Oh, well, in that case this works out great. One of us is definitely getting everything they want. Its like Yuletide, except with more lava."
Aleith|DM: Well, the duplicant head that was talking for him just hit the lava along with the rest of the minecart…
Garrett double moves.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Gerald!
Gerald` moves to take up position behind the nearby minecart, then [Takes Aim] while marking his [Quarry] with his rifle.
Aleith|DM: That’s a large switch by the way, and provides cover, but not superior cover
[OOC] Gerald: close enough
Chandrasekhar moves in and prays for [Virtue]!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane‘ hauls ass for those doors to the south. [Double Run]
A cluster of gun barrels on its shoulders open fire. Bullets scatter all around you. [Erratic Autocannons, firing twice from Activate Attack Patterns]
Gerald: "Ernst! Ernst! Can we build one of those when we get back? Oh man that’s cooool!"
Aleith|DM rolled d20+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16.0 ) for -5 to Ernst from Superior Cover, -2 to Zane for Vigilante Sprint(?)
Ernst: "There is a ritual that lets you deploy automatic turrets for a few hours that attack on sight… The damage isn't all that effective though."
d20+15: 4 [Total: 19.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 35.0, Avg: 4.00
Aleith|DM: Missing both!
Gerald: "Naw I mean, the … Man what would you even call that? Some kind of robotic exoskeleton? With mounted guns and junk!"
There's various devices and contraptions, some half-built, some built but very oddly designed, scattered around the floor of the area, by the way.
A nozzle on one of the arms of the steamsuit fires a glowing bolt at Zane! [Experimental Ray Gun]
Tinker: "Now don't explode this time."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 16 ( Total: 29 ) for vs Ref, -2 long range
Zane: "OK I won't!"
Aleith|DM: But Zane proves to be too nimble one the run!
Phyllis: "Gerald."
Phyllis: "What is that behind us."
From the steam above the turbine to the north drops down a large dragon. Her left foreleg and wing shine with steel and hiss with steam, and in her left eye socket glimmers a faceted ruby mounted on a masterfully complex system of gimbals and gyros.
Terakalir: "Leave my father and his inventions alone!" She breaths a blast of flame at both Gerald and Phyllis. [Breath Weapon]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+17(1) and got 1 ( Total: 18.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 2#d20+17(2) and got 11 [Total: 28.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 46.0, Avg: 6.00
Zane‘ ’s head snaps around so hard its a miracle he doesn't get whiplash.
Ernst: "… a steam dragon?"
Aleith|DM: She then smashes with her left, metallic claw at Gerald. [Left Claw]
Gerald: "I duno I'm looking down the barrel of my gun at the moment so I'll take you at your - oh hey there's something breathing fire on us. That's probably something that'll - …. Oh I see."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 11 ( Total: 30 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: AP
Chandrasekhar looks up at the dragon with a mixture of fear and admiration on his face. "What… how."
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+26 and got 2, 5, 3, 8 ( Total: 44.0 )
Gerald‘ glances over his shoulder, then pulls out his shotgun and blast the claw away at the last second. [Deflection Shot or w/e it’s called]
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+21(1) and got 16 ( Total: 37 )
Also rolled 2#d20+21(2) and got 11 [Total: 32]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 69
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Aleith|DM: The claw is diverted!
Gerald` rolled 3d8+14 and got 7, 7, 7 ( Total: 35 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 35!
Gerald: "Yeah okay point taken Phyllis, thanks for the heads up."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis: "The steam suit, I can’t do anything about." Phyllis' eyes snap wide open. "But YOU."
Phyllis: "You, I can do something about."
[OOC] Phyllis: sec counting a bunch of squares
[OOC] Zane: the ruler tool is good for that
[OOC] Phyllis: ………. oh
[OOC] Zane: I used to do that shit manually until I saw that button, don't feel alone haha
Phyllis conjures a [Mage Hand], backs up, and attacks it with an [Illusory Ambush]. One of its dismembered self, what its body would look like now without the metal.
Phyllis rolled d20+23 and got 20 ( Total: 43.0 )
Aleith|DM: Crit!
Phyllis rolled 4d6+21 and got 5, 2, 1, 5 ( Total: 34.0 ) for psychic, -2 to attacks UEoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 34!
Phyllis gives the dragon a 'come hither' gesture with one hand and a grin.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 34:Ernst | 31:Garrett | 30:Chandrasekhar | 30:Gerald | 28:Zane | 25:Instinctive Assault | 23:Steamsuit | 18:Tinker | 15:Terakalir | 14:Phyllis |
Everyone takes 1 fire damage.
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst glances over his shoulder. "Oi. Chandra, Garrett. You want to deal with that Dragon or keep going that way?"
Phyllis: "Keep going that way."
Gerald: "I kind of feele like I might be able to take this thing on my own but that might just be the heat getting to me…"
Chandrasekhar: "Making a new friend, Phyllis?"
Phyllis: "Something of the sort."
Ernst nods before making his way towards the Steam Suit. He then snaps his fingers [Slick Concoctation] dragging Garrett and Chandra with him. Finally Stocke fires a GMW at the dragon.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+24(1) and got 18 ( Total: 42.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+24(2) and got 6 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 72.0, Avg: 12.00
Ernst rolled 4d8+11 and got 3, 5, 1, 3 ( Total: 23.0 ) for Have +5 to hit, +5 dmg, brutal 1 for whatever you're trying to do next Phyllis.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 23!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett books it up onto the platform. "[Something snappy and clever]"
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Gerald!
Gerald‘ rolls his head around on his neck a handful of times, refocusing his mind on inoring the heat. [Oakskin], preparing to murder the shit out this dragon, [Spiting-Cobra Stance], then makes some [Attacks On The Run] as he repositions.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 9 ( Total: 32 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 17 [Total: 40]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 72
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 9 ( Total: 32 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 5 [Total: 28]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 60
Aleith|DM: 2 hits! 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled 5d8+14 and got 2, 4, 8, 4, 6 ( Total: 38 ) for +6 twice for another 12
Also rolled 3d8+14 and got 3, 7, 1 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 63
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 75!
Chandrasekhar also runs his ass off trying to keep up with Garrett!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane` boots these doors open and tries to book it into the next room.
[OOC] Zane: and depending on the description I’ll do more after the move
Aleith|DM: The chamber is mostly empty, but appears to have been where a number of inventions were kept until recently.
Aleith|DM: Four inert duplicants sit here, posed as if they're having a conversation across a table.
Aleith|DM: …if that table were some kind of large, oblong baloon, at any rate.
Zane‘ throws his boomerang at the balloon just on general principles.
POP*
Zane` scoots on towards the conveyor belt.
The steamsuit backs up before unloading the autocannons at Chandrasekhar, Ernst, and Garrett.
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+17(1) and got 20 ( Total: 37.0 ) for long range againts Ernst
Also rolled 2#d20+17(2) and got 18 [Total: 35.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
d20+15: 4 [Total: 19.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 91.0, Avg: 14.00
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+12 and got 2, 2, 6 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 3d6+36 and got 3, 4, 3 [Total: 46.0 (Low), Avg: 3.33]
Total: 68.0, Avg: 3.33
Aleith|DM: Hitting Chandrasekhar for 46 and Garrett for 22!
Chandrasekhar: "-haugh!"
Two small covers pop open on the machine’s torso, and each shoots something—a metal sphere with four clamping teeth, the size of a large apple. One clamps onto the ground at your feet and begins to tick, slowly at first, but growing rapidly faster.
Aleith|DM: Tinker fires his blaster at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 12 ( Total: 29 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+12 and got 5, 6, 1 ( Total: 24.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 24, and entangling Chandrasekhar in sticky goo! [Restrained, move action for Str check DC 21 to free himself]
Aleith|DM: Tinker then motions towards the object blasting into the lava, and it reorientates itself before directing the beam at Gerald, Phyllis, and Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+17(1) and got 19 ( Total: 36.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 3#d20+17(2) and got 12 [Total: 29.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+17(3) and got 16 [Total: 33.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 98.0, Avg: 15.67
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+6 and got 5, 6, 4 ( Total: 21.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting each of them for 21 force damage!
[OOC] Phyllis: that hits 30 ref?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: except Phyllis. Miss!
[OOC] Phyllis: also gerald?
[OOC] Phyllis: oh
Aleith|DM: Ending your turn in the zone will deal 15 force damage!
[OOC] Phyllis: right higher rolls ignore me
Gerald` takes a shot at the mechanical dragon as it closes in.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+21(1) and got 9 ( Total: 30 )
Also rolled 2#d20+21(2) and got 11 [Total: 32]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 62
Aleith|DM: Terakalir flies up above Phyllis-
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 3d6+20 and got 5, 3, 1 ( Total: 29 )
She screeches as the skin around her prosthetic wing tears, and she fights to stay
Aleith|DM: aloft. Some failsafe triggers, and a jet of fire blasts out beneath her wing, rocketing
Aleith|DM: her across the battlefield. As she glides past you, she breathes a stream of flame onto
Aleith|DM: the ground. [29! Malfunction One]
Gerald: "The fuck."
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+17(1) and got 11 ( Total: 28.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 3#d20+17(2) and got 16 [Total: 33.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+17(3) and got 11 [Total: 28.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 89.0, Avg: 12.67
Aleith|DM rolled 3d12+10 and got 10, 7, 10 ( Total: 37.0 )
[OOC] Phyllis: -2 from Illusory Ambush, remember
Gerald` swirls his coat around to keep the worst of the flames off of him.
Aleith|DM: Ah, yes
Aleith|DM: Hitting Phyllis for 37 fire damage, and ongoing 10 fire (SE)!
Aleith|DM: 31 still hits your reflex this time
[OOC] Phyllis: :(
Stocke’s Siren goes off as it shoots magic at Phyllis. [Energy Conversion - -9 dmg from that attack, apply 13 THP after damage.]
Aleith|DM: The dragon then lands. You’d expect her to slice you with her talons, but instead she deftly gestures to cast a
Aleith|DM: spell. A blinding spray of light flashes into Gerald's eyes. [Right Claw, part of Blinding Combo]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 15 ( Total: 32 ) for vs Fort
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+8 and got 8, 6 ( Total: 22.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 22 radiant damage and blinding (SE)!
Gerald: "Gah!"
Aleith|DM: And then she snaps at Gerald with her mouth. [Bite]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 18 ( Total: 37 ) for -2, +2 from CA
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+8 and got 7, 4 ( Total: 19.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 19 and grabbing a hold of Gerald! Ongoing 10 fire while grabbed (escape DC 23)!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
[OOC] Phyllis: uh hm. what happens if i slide something while it's grabbing something else
Aleith|DM: She lets go :(
[OOC] Phyllis: alright, gimme a sec, this is gonna be a slightly complicated turn
[OOC] Ernst: You have +5 to hit, +5 dmg, brutal 1
[OOC] Phyllis: noted
Phyllis step a bit closer to Oddcog, then glances over her shoulder at Terakallr. "Daughter, be a dear and move … closer to me, hm? On the other side of that pillar." [-1 AP, Fiat]
[OOC] Phyllis: Basically move west as much as possible
[OOC] Phyllis: if it's 6 move I'm guessing where the X is?
[OOC] Phyllis: idk how much move she has
Aleith|DM: she's got 8
[OOC] Phyllis: even better
Phyllis grows more stern, using her orb to influence the dragon's mind. "Step through the gate and defend us instead." [Charm of the Defender]
Phyllis rolled d20+26 and got 1 ( Total: 27.0 ) for counting GMW, pretty sure it misses on a 1 now thanks to Ernst
[OOC] Phyllis: ARE YOU KIDDING
Aleith|DM: Apparently not. Miss!
[OOC] Ernst: Gggggggggggggggg
[OOC] Phyllis: ON MISS: SLIDE TARGET STILL
Aleith|DM: Yep.
Aleith|DM: The gate is a tight fit but you make it work
Phyllis slides that dragon through the gate.
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for save vs ongoing
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 34:Ernst | 31:Garrett | 30:Chandrasekhar | 30:Gerald | 28:Zane | 25:Instinctive Assault | 23:Steamsuit | 18:Tinker | 15:Terakalir | 14:Phyllis |
Everyone takes 1 fire damage.
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Gerald: "Did it work???"
Phyllis: "… Kind of."
Phyllis mutters some epithet originating in Drakr.
Chandrasekhar: "Oh. Hello!"
Ernst moves closer to the dragon. He fires a [Resistive Formula] at Chandra and then activates it for [+39 THP -> Garrett/Chandra, +19 THP -> Ernst]
Ernst then fires a [Warweavers Tether] at the dragon using Chandra as his point of origin.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 10 ( Total: 30.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 9 [Total: 29.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 59.0, Avg: 9.50
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Ernst rolled 3d8+11 and got 3, 4, 5 ( Total: 23.0 )
Ernst pushes the dragon back some more.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 23!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Ernst gives Garrett +5 cold damage on all his attacks for the rest of the encounter too since I still had a minor to burn.
Zane‘ gets buffed and then uses the railing as a springboard to launch himself at Oddcogs steamsuit… [Vaulting Charge]
Zane` rolled 1d20+22 and got 14 ( Total: 36.0 ) for vs AC
[OOC] Aleith|DM: really Garrett but who’s counting
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Zane: time to GO HAM :D
Garrett then Low Slashes…
Zane‘ rolled 1d20+22 and got 20 ( Total: 42.0 ) for vs Reflex
Aleith|DM: damage….
Aleith|DM: CRIT!
[OOC] Zane: I was just gonna give you a whole bunch of damage at the end but OK
[OOC] Phyllis: vaulting charge applies cold vuln, and further attacks have CA?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: looks that way
[OOC] Zane: Yep, I totally forgot that shoulda been +24
[OOC] Phyllis: also important: maxing sneak attack dice from that crit
[OOC] Zane: Yup
Zane` rolled 3d4+17 and got 1, 2, 3 ( Total: 23.0 ) for Vaulting Charge damage
Aleith|DM: Tinker laughs from inside his steam-powered war machine as bullets and spells bounce off its metal skin. [23!]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: well more like a dagger in this case but…first attacks against it…
Zane` rolled 3d6+43 and got 2, 6, 5 ( Total: 56.0 ) for Low Slash damage
Aleith|DM: But the suit is slowed for its next turn! [Technological Quirks]
[OOC] Zane: 58, typoed +45
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 56!
[OOC] Phyllis: +5 more from cold vuln in the first place right?
[OOC] Zane: wait forgot vuln 5 cold, yeah. 63!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: not sure if that included both the +5 extra cold damage from Ernst either
[OOC] Phyllis: … 61
[OOC] Phyllis: it did, he was just missing one source of +5, not both
[OOC] Zane: first roll should have been +45, not 43
[OOC] Ernst: 58+5 = 63
[OOC] Phyllis: oh aha
[OOC] Zane: jesus christ Hachi how do you keep track of this lol
Aleith|DM: Anything else? AP?
[OOC] Ernst: I usually buff Gerald……
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: D&D *JAZZ HANDS*
[OOC] Zane: Gonna AP yeah
Garrett just keeps slashing. [AP -> Circling Predator]
Zane` rolled 1d20+24 and got 20 ( Total: 44.0 )
[OOC] Zane: fucking frost cheese man… lolol
[OOC] Phyllis: dear lord
Zane` rolled 3d6+26 and got 2, 3, 2 ( Total: 33.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33!
Aleith|DM: Did that include the +24 from another set of Sneak Attack due to AP?
Garrett then takes his actual move action and shifts 1. [Done]
[OOC] Phyllis: Slaying Action
Aleith|DM: that modifier’s too low to have, yeah. [+24 more!]
[OOC] Phyllis: doesn't seem like it did, so another 24.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Gerald!
[OOC] Zane: Oh shit I didnt even know he had that feat lol
Aleith|DM: Easy to miss but I've seen it from two characters now….
Gerald‘ moves up a little, then [Takes Aim] again, while blind. Because obviously.
[OOC] Phyllis: yeah there is no reason not to have it, haha
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for plz end
[OOC] Zane: that is a Really Good Feat goddamn
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for amulet reroll >:(
Aleith|DM: Wow. Poor Gerald.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar teleports across to get closer to the steamsuit, and [Call of Challenge]s Oddcog and the Steamsuit, before slamming his sword into his shield! [Astral Thunder]
Chandrasekhar rolled 2#d20+18(1) and got 6 ( Total: 24 ) for vs. Fort
Also rolled 2#d20+18(2) and got 18 [Total: 36]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 60
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+8 and got 8, 4 ( Total: 20 ) for thunder, UEONT -3 attack penalty to the steamsuit
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Actually shit wait that hits the dragon too
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+18 and got 14 ( Total: 32 ) for vs Fort
Aleith|DM: You already hit the dragon
Aleith|DM: Tinker has Total Cover from the Steamsuit
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Oh okay
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Miss!] [20!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane` leaps onto the conveyror belt and draws his bow, raising the arrow tip and firing entirely too close to Chandrasekhar for comfort as he lets fly at the steamsuit. [RBA]
Zane` rolled 1d20+20 and got 7 ( Total: 27.0 ) for vs AC
[OOC] Zane: sigh
[OOC] Zane: naturally, missed by 1 and I dont have CA or anything like that
The ticking increases from once per second to twice per second
Aleith|DM: The steamsuit grabs at Chandrasekhar with one fist! [Crushing Fist]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 20 ( Total: 39 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Grabbing Chandrasekhar and crushing his arm for 40 damage!
Aleith|DM: It then punches at Garrett!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 1 ( Total: 20 ) for marked
Gerald` fires off a [Defensive Volley] makeing Chandra take -13 damage from that.
Aleith|DM: Missing! And taking sanction damage!
Aleith|DM: The steamsuit then swings Chandra up…! [Smash and Fling]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 1 ( Total: 20 ) for vs Fort
[OOC] Aleith|DM: AP btw
Aleith|DM: And tries again!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 14 ( Total: 33 ) for vs Fort
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: 14 Radiant and slowed UEONT
Aleith|DM rolled 2d12+16 and got 2, 3 ( Total: 21.0 )
Aleith|DM: It slams Chandrasekhar into the ground for 12 damage and tosses him away!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: slide 3 and prone
[OOC] Phyllis: sanction damage bloodies the suit now, right?
Chandrasekhar: "Augh-"
Aleith|DM: It does! The faceplate cracks! Tinker now only has Superior Cover!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: +5 to defences, or -5 to attacks, whichever
Aleith|DM: But he’s targetable!
Aleith|DM: The gnome laughs as he fires the Experimental Ray Gun at Ernst!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 14 ( Total: 31 ) for vs Ref
Ernst: "Tsk."
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+12 and got 6, 3, 1 ( Total: 22.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 22 damage and Ernst takes ongoing 10 acid from the Caustic Beam!
Aleith|DM: When Ernst takes the ongoing damage, the tile under him will crumble at the end of his turn!
Ernst glances at his feet. "That's some effective acid. Suppose it's time for a change of tactics."
Aleith|DM: Terakalir lashes out at Garrett! [Blinding Combo]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 2 ( Total: 19 ) for vs Fort, Right Claw
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 9 ( Total: 26 ) for Bite
Aleith|DM: Also missing, and she takes 14 radiant from Divine Sanction!
Aleith|DM: She then leaps up and over the steamsuit, landing closer to Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis steps closer to the [Ticking Device] to see if she can command it to "Stop." [Pathos of the Inanimate]
Aleith|DM: I suppose that is sort of unattended…
Aleith|DM: It stops ticking.
[OOC] Phyllis: not sure what action tier that is, but it's tiny. minor? free?
[OOC] Phyllis: or i assume tiny
Phyllis: "Ernst, can you try and disarm the other one? ))
Phyllis: "Unless you're occupied."
Ernst chews at his lip before shaking his head. "I have something important I need to do, sadly. I'm running low on healing and this should greatly mitigate the damage we'll suffer in the near future."
Aleith|DM: It would take a standard action for Ernst or someone else…
Aleith|DM: Let's call this one a Minor action
Phyllis moves once more, backing behind the pillar to dodge its radius in case it blows next turn. [End turn]
Gerald: "Oh boy sounds like Ernst is about to do something dumb, someone give me the play by play I can't really see."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 34:Ernst | 31:Garrett | 30:Chandrasekhar | 30:Gerald | 28:Zane | 25:Instinctive Assault | 23:Steamsuit | 18:Tinker | 15:Terakalir | 14:Phyllis |
Everyone takes 1 fire damage.
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Phyllis: "If I can get close, I can assist with that. But the bomb makes that difficult."
[OOC] Phyllis: Also Arcane Gate wore off at the end of her turn
Ernst taps his heels together activating his [Winged Boots - Minor +13 THP]. He takes off into the air, 50 feet above the lava pit before pulling out his Carbine. "I admit it. Your inventions are superior to mine in almost every way. But we live in a cut throat world Oddcog. I can be on top again if I just destroy it." He fires a [Magic Weapon] at the Steam-Augmented Dragon.
Ernst rolled d20+22 and got 11 ( Total: 33.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled d8 and got 5 ( Total: 5 ) for Transpose
d6+11: 2 [Total: 13.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 18.0, Avg: 3.50
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
Ernst then activates his [Ring of Calling] and calls Zane into the fray.
[OOC] Ernst: AP
Ernst rolled d20 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for save
Aleith|DM: The dragon lets out more of a squak than a roar as she drops into the lava. Splash!
Gerald: "That was the … Carbine, not the shotgun so … something involving teleporting probably… OH huh the Ernst blob just got six times bigger and - yeah okay."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 80 fire damage!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: really 100 damage - 20 resist
Ernst: "If you can immobilize it down there that'd be peachy."
Ernst: "Thanks."
Gerald: "If you had said something BEFORE you dunked it I could of but can't exactly shoot through the ground, man."
Phyllis: "I'll see what I can do."
[OOC] Ernst: -1 AC on the dragon not that it matters.
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett hits it with [Clever Strike]!
Zane‘ rolled 1d20+24 and got 12 ( Total: 36.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane` rolled 1d4+22 and got 2 ( Total: 24.0 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 4, 1, 7 [Total: 12 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 36.0, Avg: 3.50
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 36!
Aleith|DM: Gerald! Chandrasekhar!
Gerald` fires off his other daily because it does damage on a miss and he’s blind.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+17 and got 2 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: You do, indeed, miss.
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in 5d10r2+14
Gerald` rolled 5d10r2+14: (2, 9), 6, 8, (2, 1, 9), 7 [Total: 53.0 (High), Avg and got 7.80
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 6 ( Total: 6 ) for save end this time
Aleith|DM: //that’s a lot of damage on a miss still… 26!

Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar gets up from the floor and then [Charge]s the steamsuit, then [Divine Challenge]s Oddcog! "COME OUT AND FIGHT!" [Commanding Vow][Deadly Draw]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+22 and got 11 ( Total: 33 ) for vs. AC Ardent Strike
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+9 and got 7 ( Total: 16 ) for steamsuit gets sanction, oddcog gets challenge, oddcog gets shifted 1 square south!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: does that work »
Aleith|DM: Oddcog doesn't fit through the crack in the glass :(
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 16!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane‘ balls his fist up… [MBA]
Zane` rolled 1d20+23 and got 18 ( Total: 41.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane` smashes it completely through the glass and rips the imitation gnome out. [I’m going to kill the steamsuit between my damage and Death Attack]
Aleith|DM: How much…?
[OOC] Ernst: (Sam did you remember +5 cold damage on every hit from Garrett btw if not you have less damage to do to rip Tinker out
Zane‘ rolled 4d8+10 and got 3, 4, 6, 4 ( Total: 27.0 ) for unarmed, furious assault, attack finesse, brute stance dice
Also rolled 3d6 and got 4, 6, 4 [Total: 14 (High), Avg: 4.67]
Total: 41.0, Avg: 4.43
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 41!
[OOC] Zane: Oh wait also +6 more damage becuase its bloodied.
[OOC] Phyllis: it seems like he did
Aleith|DM: Aha.
The machine’s structural integrity cannot hold up any longer, and it slumps to the ground. Hissing steam bursts into the air around it, and its articulated limbs twitch as the suit powers down. With a series of mechanical clunks, the torso hatch pops open, revealing Tinker for a moment. Then flames ignite and the seat launches into the air. Tinker chortles as glider wings pop out from the sides of his seat, and he rockets away. Only then do you hear the rapid ticking coming from the suit he has left behind—ticking that is getting faster.
Ernst: "…"
Aleith|DM: OAs from Garrett, Zane, and Chandrasekhar! (And Ernst I guess)
[OOC] Ernst: I haven’t even written down my MBA it's that bad.
Ernst rolled d20 and got 19 ( Total: 19 )
[OOC] Ernst: Nope.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+24 and got 1 ( Total: 25 ) for OA from Garrett
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+21 and got 5 ( Total: 26 ) for divine sanction
Zane‘ rolled 1d20+24 and got 3 ( Total: 27.0 ) for Garrett MBA
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: ugh
[OOC] Zane: Well OK then lol
[OOC] Ernst: Did we just miss everything?
Aleith|DM: yeah
Aleith|DM: He had +4 to defences anyway
Zane` rolled 1d20+21 and got 14 ( Total: 35.0 ) for Zane MBA
Aleith|DM: Or not!
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
[OOC] Zane: fuck y’all haters!
Zane‘ elbows that smug fuck in the face as he ejects.
Zane` rolled 1d8+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 2!
Aleith|DM: Tinker shoots his Experimental Ray Gun at both Garrett and Zane! [AP used]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 13 ( Total: 28.0 ) for vs Ref, marked
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 11 [Total: 26.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 54.0, Avg: 12.00
Aleith|DM: missing both, taking [4!] radiant damage and is slowed!
Gerald: "I feel like something stupid just happened but it’s hard to tell when I'm just seeing blobs."
Aleith|DM: His glider lands.
Zane: "It was pretty stupid, yeah. On the plus side I elbowed him in the face in the middle of it."
Chandrasekhar: "Something stupid definitely just happened."
Phyllis: "Tinker ejected from the suit. With a flying seat."
Chandrasekhar: "Also this steamsuit is about to blow up, I think."
Gerald: "Oh that's what that was."
Ernst: "… wonder why he's running towards the turbine? Think he's going to fall into it and self destruct the volcano?"
Aleith|DM: The dragon roars as she flies up out of the lava and charges at Phyllis! [Bite]
Gerald: "That'd be my plan if I was mindfucked by a dragon and in a disposable body."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 5 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Desperate, she says a quick spell before trying again! [AP -> Blinding Combo]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 12 ( Total: 29 ) for Fort
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+8 and got 2, 7 ( Total: 17.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting Phyllis for 17 radiant and blinding her (SE)!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 10 ( Total: 29 ) for bite
[OOC] Aleith|DM: +2 from CA anyway
[OOC] Aleith|DM: +2 from CA anyway
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+8 and got 8, 6 ( Total: 22.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting again for 22 damage and grabbing Phyllis in her mouth!
Stocke fires a shocking feedback at that.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 17 ( Total: 37.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 6 [Total: 26.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 63.0, Avg: 11.50
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+11 and got 8, 4 ( Total: 23.0 ) for Lightning damage, Phyllis gains Resist all 5 Ueont so -10 on those since 2 hits
Chandrasekhar: "Goddess' sake…"
Zane: "OK. The gnome is for you all. I am going to go kill a dragon now."
The dragon’s two metal limbs crack from the stress of combat, and searing steam pours out from the devices. She casts a desperate spell, and you peer into the steam, trying to spot her. Then she attacks. [23! Malfunction Two!]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: The dragon comes racing out of the steam at Gerald! Not that he can see right now….
Aleith|DM: Ending your turn in the steam will deal 10 fire damage, and it provides Concealment.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Gerald‘ fires into the giant ass approaching blob that is still in his direct line of sight after quickly pulling his shotgun free since it’d take too much time to aim the rifle.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 17 ( Total: 33 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 13 [Total: 29]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 62
Aleith|DM: 1 hit despite blind!
Gerald` rolled d8+14 and got 8 ( Total: 22 )
Aleith|DM: The dragon roars in pain! [22!}
[OOC] Gerald: +6 autofire
Phyllis wanders north, inhaling deep, envisioning what she looks like, healed, made whole, new once more. [Dwarven Resilience] [Healing Word]
Phyllis rolled 3d6+38 and got 6, 2, 4 ( Total: 50.0 ) for this much healing overall, -2 surges, +2 defenses, +3 dmg UEoNT
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for save
Phyllis opens her eyes at the dragon, staring back defiantly.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 34:Ernst | 31:Garrett | 30:Chandrasekhar | 30:Gerald | 28:Zane | 25:Instinctive Assault | 18:Tinker | 15:Terakalir | 14:Phyllis |
Everyone takes 1 fire damage.
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst heads up on to the walkway. [Move] Stocke shimmers healing Gerald/Phyllis for +34 THP and itself for +17 THP. It then fires a [Bond of Transference] at the dragon.
Ernst rolled d20+18 and got 16 ( Total: 34.0 ) for vs fort
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+9 and got 7, 6 ( Total: 22.0 ) for Force damage. Transfer all of geralds conditions to the dragon.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 22!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Gerald: "Thank you!"
Phyllis: "Well, that’s turned around rather nicely."
Stocke beep boops back at Gerald.
Aleith|DM: oh right on the steamsuit's non-existant turn the bomb on the ramp started ticking four times per second….
Garrett runs north and hits the doors to see if they are open.
Aleith|DM: Inside, you see both Pemberton and the body of Tinker.
Phyllis peers over the dragon. "You've got this, Gerald?"
Aleith|DM: Pemberton's soul seems to be tethered off to the west….
Gerald: "Uhhh maybe."
Aleith|DM: But Oddcog's is definately tethered to that body.
Garrett: "You gotta be kidding me…"
Gerald: "Having an intentional conflict over who to shoot that will be resolved in about three seconds, we'll see how that lands."
[OOC] Gerald: internal^
Pemberton: "Constable. I'd call it a pleasure, but let's not." He's holding a knife to Tinker's helpless throat.
Pemberton: "Now, I'll agree to let this round go to you folks, if you let my daughter go. She'll stop attacking if you will. Otherwise, Tinker dies."
Garrett: "Oddcog's in here. Zane." *He fingersnaps. "You're on deck."
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Gerald!
Chandrasekhar runs in after Garrett!
Gerald‘ shifts his aim to the Oddcog machine and unloads a clip into it. [AP] [Biting Volley] [Twin-Fanged Strike]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 5 ( Total: 31 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 4 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 61
Gerald` rolled 2#3d10r2+14(1): (2, 1, 2, 1, 5), 8, 5 [Total: 32.0 (High), Avg and got 6.00
Also rolled 2#3d10r2+14(2) and got 6, 9, 7 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 7.33]
Total: 68.0, Avg: 6.67
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 13 ( Total: 36 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 14 [Total: 37]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 73
Gerald` rolled 2#3d10r2+14(1) and got 3, 8, 4 ( Total: 29.0 ) for +5 more damage on top of this
Also rolled 2#3d10r2+14(2) and got 5, 8, 4 [Total: 31.0 (High), Avg: 5.67]
Chandrasekhar: "Hmm."
Total: 60.0, Avg: 5.33
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 58!] [55!] The duplicant’s shell cracks! Bloodied!
Phyllis: Something changes in Phyllis' body language. "We've been informed you'll leave us alone if we leave you. Yes?"
Chandrasekhar: "Given any thought to our earlier proposals?"
Aleith|DM: The dragon snarls, but nods. "I'll listen to my father."
Chandrasekhar: "If you try to conquer Ber by force, you'll die, sooner rather than later, by our hand or another's. Or, you could keep walking the slow path a few more steps."
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Gerald: "IT'S FUNNY 'CAUSE HE THOUGHT WE WEREN'T A THREAD BECAUSE HE'S TALLER THAN US BUT NOW WE GOT HIM SHITTING HIMSELF."
[OOC] Gerald: threat^
Chandrasekhar: "I'm sure you've heard the chant of Vekesh. It's got something to offer even someone like you."
Zane‘ looks past Garrett and Chandrasekhar at the Pemberton duplicate. It sounds like he has to bite each word out of the air. "Constables… Stand down."
Pemberton: "Alright. Tinker, turn off that bomb before it blows up the constables."
Phyllis turns to walk over and just command it to stop.
Chandrasekhar almost, almost, visibly relaxes. (Zane probably notices. Phyllis would, if she were closer.)
Tinker: "Aye aye, captain!" He waves his hand towards the suit and the bomb and they both stop ticking abruptly.
Gerald: "Still keepin’ a bead on the metal body, bossman, but noted."
Ernst: "I suppose this is an acceptable outcome."
Aleith|DM: The steam cloud, not the dragon you see, starts stomping away to the south. Slowly.
Aleith|DM: The dragon you were shooting at disappears shortly afterwards.
Gerald: "(You might wanna get out of the line of sig - yeah exactly."
Gerald‘ thumbs up in the direction of the moving cloud without looking away from Oddcog’s duplicant.
Aleith|DM: Oddcog's duplicant shuts down as Pemberton's duplicant takes the knife away from Oddcog's throat after Terakalir starts moving down the tunnel.
Pemberton: "Foiled again. This time by the law instead of metaphysics."
Pemberton: "Enjoy your victory, constables."
Gerald: "I always do!"
Zane‘ looks coldly furious. "Be seeing you."
Tinker slowly opens his eyes and looks around. "Whew! It’s been a while since I've been in this body."
Pemberton's duplicant shuts down, becoming inert metal again.
Phyllis makes her way up the railing.
Chandrasekhar: "…well. Nice to finally meet face to face."
Gerald: "Are you still mindfucked, Oddcog?"
Gerald‘ doesn’t actually wait for a response before putting a bullet between Pemberton's duplicant's head as he strolls up into the room.
Tinker: "Nope! Well, probably. As long as you don't try to take away my precious we'll be good." He clutches a small globe shaped out of many gears to his chest.
Zane‘ looks at Oddcog with undisguised murder on his face. "I just knowingly let TWO dragons stay free to threaten my homeland. You had BETTER be worth it, or losing your precious will be the least of your worries."
Aleith|DM: Ernst: There’s a large variety of schematics strewn about the room, pinned to many surfaces or stacked on tables.
Ernst definitely is more interested in those than the conversation.
Gerald: "Make you a deal - you don't try and kill us, I won't take your toy. And then another deal - you come with us, and I don't shoot you for all the shit that happened the last couple… well months really."
Tinker: "Can I make more things?"
Chandrasekhar: "As long as you're making them for us and they only explode when we want them to."
Zane‘ turns and walks away without a word.
Gerald: "Under supervision, but yeah I imagine you will still be makin’ things."
Phyllis: "It was the right decision, Zane."
Phyllis goes to follow him, but without another word more.
Aleith|DM: The schematics include things like those spark-gap lights, and how to generate the lightning that caused them…some kind of transmitter, maybe? Explosives of various sorts. Various theories about magical effects on technology.
Chandrasekhar glances at Phyllis, nods ever-so-slightly- oh, good.
Chandrasekhar is sure he knows, and even so.
Aleith|DM: The designs are very scattered and not exactly organized, but you could've eventually made sense of them, even without Tinker's help in the worst-case scenario…
Gerald: "So that's a 'yes' on both counts?"
Tinker: "Sure!"
Ernst scrunches up his face. "Sometimes I wonder what I could be doing if I wasn't in the field so much. I don't have much time to draft things like this."
Gerald: "Great. Two three not it on babysitting him on the way back home.
Gerald‘ then goes to push the other duplicant into the lava, for peace of mind.
Ernst: "I can babysit him, I guess."
Tinker: "So, you wanted to know about Borne, right?"
Chandrasekhar: "Whatever you can tell us."
Tinker: "First off, I can track Borne. I think it’s somewhere nearby Seobriga at the moment…?"
Gerald: "That's handy."
Tinker: "As for the designs…"
Tinker: "Its specifications called for it to be able to lift a flat object a hundred feet in diameter, weighing 11,839 standard tons, and hold it up with one side angled on the ground."
Tinker: "It needed to be able to withstand truly extreme energy, equivalent to standing in a volcano, as well as resist kinetic injuries."
Tinker: "It needed to stabilize its own magical energies, without having to rely on power from other planes."
Tinker: "The last refit we did was to make a small hollow in Borne's chest, about big enough to hold a pumpkin, which had a pipe that could feed in some sort of liquid fuel."
Phyllis looks up at Zane, then at the room with Oddcog, then back up at him and gives him a nod.
Tinker: "It also needed to be able to function underwater for extended periods, at pressures seen only deep under the ocean."
Ernst: "I recall seeing that pipe. It was hot enough to burn someone alive, no?"
Chandrasekhar: "…hm."
Tinker: "I worked with experts in several fields to integrate the necessary components. I was particularly fascinated working with the mindmaker because he insisted the colossus be capable of nuanced facial expressions so that it could interact and express itself."
Gerald: "Huh…"
Tinker: "I even mimicked elements of human systems to grant the colossus physical feedback of its emotions, the idea being to help it form attachments to normal people and feel loyalty, rather than mere obedience."
Phyllis: "Who employed you? Other than Pemberton."
Zane‘ looks at Phyllis. "You should stay with the others. This is all important stuff. If I’m in the same room with him right now though…" He shakes his head. "I'll be waiting elsewhere."
Phyllis nods at Zane.
Tinker: "The steelshaper! He was in charge of things there."
Gerald: "Oh!"
Gerald: "You were there right, when we found it?"
Chandrasekhar: "…can you speak to its intended purpose? Barring that, have you any suspicions? Why loyalty over mere obedience?"
Tinker: "I mean, I can't say his name, for obvious reasons, but I'm sure you know who I mean."
Gerald: "Did we actually kill him or?"
Tinker: "Oh! No. You didn't. But that's okay, because the mindmaker's hitching a ride in his mind!"
Gerald: "Dammit."
Phyllis: "That explains where he went, at least."
Chandrasekhar: "…anyone else hitching a ride?"
Gerald: "The mindmaker is the guy that's always smoking, right?"
Phyllis: "No, he was the other simulacrum we encountered."
Gerald: "…Simulac…what?"
Tinker: "I got a sending from him a while ago. He's not got much control, but he'll let us know what he can find out! But he said not to sending him back because he's not sure if he or the steelshaper will get it."
Phyllis: "… the other golem?"
Gerald: "Huh?"
Phyllis: "If you mean Nicodemus, no."
Gerald: "Yeah that's who I ment, just wanting to get confirmed yes/nos on a few things that we might've been assuming but weren't for sure set in stone."
Gerald: "Since he knows more about them than we do."
Tinker: "Sorry, don't think I met that guy."
Phyllis: "Anyway. Why do both Pemberton and … a certain organization he disavows involvement with … why do both of the lay claim to Borne's creation?"
Tinker: "Pemberton said that? I think he just wants it, but he didn't help build it. Well, we might've got some parts from his industries, but his concerns were over here mostly."
Gerald: "That actually make sense enough to me, he runs production factories, they like to work in cells, no reason for them to not contract out to someone they know can keep a secret."
Gerald‘ nods.
Phyllis: "Who assigned you those specifications you worked with? The Steelshaper, I presume?"
Tinker nods. "Yep! It sure was interesting making sure everything was up to snuff!"
Chandrasekhar: "…if you had a golem with capabilities like Borne’s, what would /you/ do with it?"
Phyllis grimaces. "I do not know what its exact purpose may be, but I have some idea of where it may travel."
Gerald: "…Anyway uh as fun as it is standing around in the middle of a volcano… my mind over matter mantra is starting to fade away and I'm feeling the heat again. We should… probably relocate to the boat, had some soldiers to return home anyway? And it'd be easier for Oddcog to start writing… things down that way."
Tinker: "Sure!" He starts gathering up various schematics and inventions that were scattered on the floor. "Shame we let that mine cart roll over the edge."
Chandrasekhar: "Good point."
Gerald: "…Dammit!"
Phyllis: "Oh. Allow me."
Phyllis gestures at the miscellany around the room, commanding it to trail behind them as they go. "Up. Up. Up." It's presumably a bit easier without the pressure of combat. [Pathos]
Gerald: "Wait what do I care about a mine cart we have a portable autocarriage."
Phyllis: Or failing that, there's always [Tenser's Floating Disc].
Aleith|DM: True. Tinker smiles and claps with glee.
Gerald‘ heads back to the tunnel.
Phyllis looks over at Chanddra. "Given those specifications, I fear they wish to use Borne to traverse among the planes. Possibly to interact with something similar to the seals we encountered, but much larger in design."
Chandrasekhar nods at Phyllis, frowning…
Gerald: "Yeah that comment about the big ass disk and then the planer energy definitely sounded like opening up a gate like with that golden thing at the temple."
Phyllis: "And structure to withstand the likes of Jiese and Mavisha, at least."
After a few weeks, the Beran military manages to take Karst, followed shortly by the rest of the island. They soon make it a policy to for settlers to claim land from the gnolls along the southern coast…
Aleith|DM: When you get back to your ship, it’s your choice if you want to stop at Seobriga first (probably at least for supplies) before heading back to Risur and reporting in. Tinker soon gets put to work on designing things for Risur, with Ernst having the unenviable position of double-checking his work….
Phyllis: "You mentioned Borne's self-reported whereabouts were around Seobriga?"
Tinker: "Yeah. He's heading east along the peninsula it seems."
Phyllis: "Would there be any point to monitoring?"
Tinker shrugs.
Phyllis looks at the others. "I do not think it could hurt to check, at least."
You gain 15th level. Stipend increases by 48,000 gp.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License