Zg Session 63

Summer 15
Liss Rail Construction finished their half of the Cantabrilla Railroad yesterday evening, and you received a sending from Vizier Karkava summoning you back to the summer court for the conclusion of the competition.
You arrive in the evening, and the Bruse throws a banquet for both teams, informing you that Tinker will be arriving within an hour to speak with the winning group.
Elite orc and lizardfolk court guards watch over the meal to make sure no one attempts anything violent.
Zane‘ is willing to let them take… well, any weapon they find, at any rate.
Aleith|DM: They don’t actually confiscate weapons…
Garrett‘ . o O (Watch the guards. Their souls stretch south. That Minister too… Kenna.)
Garrett` . o O (Their souls- well, the Minister’s at least, weren't like that before.)
Garrett‘ . o O (So they were gotten to one way or another.)
Zane` . o O (Dragon shit.)
Chandrasekhar catches Garrett’s eye, then: . o O ( The Minister of Dragons isn't eating. Seemed fine weeks ago. )
Chandrasekhar will sidle over towards Kenna and make idle conversation with her, if he gets the chance. See if she seems distracted or not present.
Aleith|DM: There's some idle talk over dinner, much of it focused on what you did to win both challenges.
Aleith|DM: Kenna seems to react fine to your conversation prompts, as cheerful as when you last spoke with her.
Garrett‘ doesn’t talk about his psychic powers, just mostly that he scouted the rail and watched over the workers.
Gerald‘ is mostly eating, a lot, but quietly and waiting for anything to start moving funny or an ally to give a signal.
Phyllis . o O ( What do you make of it? Any relation to the, uh, group we encountered the other day? )
Aleith|DM: The troubles with the Keepers of Cheshimox do get brought up, of course. Lya comments that it really brought down morale on the Griento side of things.
Garrett` . o O (Group?)
Zane` just commsierates that the Griento Railway bore the brunt of that terrible curse. Deailing with a few cultists was nothing compared to hostile land and tainted water…
Aleith|DM: Rush started chuckling when you mention the actual cultist attack before she elbows him.
Zane` just smiles at Rush, like the cat that ate the canary. "I heard even you were affected by the curse. All better now? No… lingering symptoms…?"
Phyllis . o O ( The actual Cheshimox cultists. )
Garrett` . o O ( Well the Cheshimox cultists were undead, so… )
Rush smirks. "I got better."
Phyllis . o O ( That is, do their souls stretch like marionette strings, and does someone distant have their claws in mind control? Or necromancy? )
Phyllis . o O ( Just spitballing. Just hunches. )
Zane: "Good, good. Dragon magic can be unpredictable."
Garrett` . o O ( Hard to say. They could have been influenced, or coeurced, or just plain converted, but their souls were still wholly contained. )
Zarkava: "It’s a good thing we deal with it so rarely now."
Garrett‘ . o O ( So no, not directly related, I guess I would say. )
Zane` . o O (Keep an eye out when Tinker gets here. I have a hunch, but I cant confirm it yet.)
Garrett` . o O ( Gods, Tinker. That’d be a hoot and a half, wouldn't it? )
Zane‘ . o O (Not Tinker, but… Well, lets just see.)
Phyllis . o O ( The inevitable Obscurati cock-up, much to the dismay of their patsy? )
Aleith|DM: Eventually, the banquet comes to a close, and Bruse Shantus stands up and asks everyone to head for the throne room where they will announce the votes.
Gerald` moses on down.
Shantus: "Now, I promise not to stake any further claim on Tinker Oddcog once he arrives, so the winning team will be free to do as they please."
Zane: "No shooting, Gerald."
Shantus: "I intend to tell him that there are two groups that wish to speak with him, so I leave it to the winners to be convincing enough that Tinker won’t want to hear the other side."
Shantus: "Though you could always just try and abduct him, I suppose." He laughs.
Zane: me chuckles. "That would be amusing. A kidnapping right in the middle of the throne room."
Zane‘ , o O (I am sorely tempted…)
Shantus: "I still won’t abide by any fighting at my court, however. I'll have Vizier Karkava prepare a teleportation ritual to the destination of the winners' choice. I cannot abide sore losers."
Gerald: "Alrighty."
Shantus: "Now, as we all know, the Risuri Constables managed to not only steer the Liss Rail Construction company to complete their half of the Cantabrilla line first, but also managed to convince Adalid de Guerra to support both myself and the Selestala Railroad." He coughs into his fist. "We've agreed try and be more civil with each other, as well."
Shantus: "Vizier Zarkava? Your vote?"
Zarkava: "My vote goes towards the Constables. They showed great restraint and forethought in dealing with both challenges, and Executora Evora spoke highly of them."
Shantus: "And Minster of Dragons Kenna?"
Kenna: "I vote for Danor. As much as I like the Constables-I heard about your speech last week, Mr. Bieito! Very nice!-Lya's promises of support were stronger in my opinion, and I think she'd be good to work with."
Garrett‘ . o O (Everyone try to act surprised.)
Garrett` clicks his tongue, folding his arms.
Shantus: "Now, it’s a forgone conclusion at this point, but I also cast my vote for the Risuri group. I agree with Zarkava's reasoning, and Mr. Bieito is a shining example of Ber working with them, as we could work with their nation on a whole."
A messenger announces that Tinker Oddcog has arrived.
Shantus: "Ms. Jierre, I'll have to ask your group to wait in the lobby for the moment, unless Tinker decides not to work with the Constables."
Lya: "Very well, your highness." She nods to Rush, a couple of mages, and her porter that accompanied her, and they head out of the throne room.
Aleith|DM: A jittery gnome is escorted to the throne room, several more guards escorting him and then waiting outside the throne room as he walks into the room.
Bruse Shantus makes brief introductions, and then sends Zarkava away to prepare a teleportation ritual for whoever convinces the gnome to go with them. He then offers you a bit of privacy by stepping away to the balcony, where he can look down at his labyrinth. Kenna Vigilante stands with him.
Zane: "Mister Oddcog. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."
Zane‘ . o O (Garrett, warn the bruse about Kenna please.)
Phyllis gives a nod in the most warm manner she can muster.
Garrett` . o O (Oh yeah? Guess which way Oddcog’s soul points.)
Tinker: "Yeah? Well, I'm glad that you showed up."
Zane‘ . o O (South?)
Garrett` . o O (Got it in one.)
Gerald: "Because we’ve now fallen into your perfectly crafted trap…?"
Tinker: "Because I was tired of being small and cowering." He starts strutting about the room…as best a 3' tall gnome can do, anyway.
Tinker: "Bruse Shantus! I have something to say to you!"
Chandrasekhar raises an eyebrow.
Aleith|DM: The Bruse wanders back over from the gallery. "That was quick. Is there something wrong…?"
Garrett: "(Like we a'int even here, jeez.)"
Zane‘ gets ready to save the Bruse.
Tinker: "I’m refusing to go."
Tinker: "I want everyone else to leave, and will give them to the count of…."
Gerald‘ sighs, pulls his shotgun out of the inside of his coat.
Tinker pulls out pocket watch. "Sixteen."
Phyllis: "You will do no such thing. Freeze and do nothing."
The gnome starts counting upwards from 0.
Tinker: "One."
Gerald: "Alright you little shitfuck. You’re under arrest on charge of war crimes against Risur, resist arrest and I will shot the shit out of you."
Zane: "And I'll let you."
Tinker: "Two."
Tinker: "Three."
Gerald: "Bruse, you may want to stand back. Things are about to get violent."
Shantus: "What?! Oddcog, you can't be serious."
Tinker: "Four. Five. Six."
[OOC] Zane: god damn it I dont have GT yet. Is there a save way out other than where Kenna is and where Lya and her team went?
Kenna stands in front of the Bruse, protectively. "Stay back, gnome!"
Gerald‘ shakes his head, then fires at Oddcog’s pocket watch.
Tinker: "Seven. Eight-"
Ernst frowns. "Call it a hunch, but I'm expecting an explosion shortly."
Phyllis levels a stare at Tinker. "Stand. Down." [Firat]
Aleith|DM: The pocketwatch goes flying. "How rude."
[OOC] Phyllis: Fiat] rather.
Garrett‘ sighs and puts his hands on the hilts of his daggers.
Zane` pushes Kenna out of the way. "Move, traitor." and hustles the Bruse back into the furthest corner. "Over my dead body will they take you."
[OOC] Phyllis: Arcane Gate to a safer place?
Gerald: " - ZANE COVER HIM INCOMING ARTILLERY!"
Zane: "Already on it!" [Warding stance]
Garrett: "Get down!"
Gerald` leaps back to the far side of the room while firing off a few rounds into Oddcog’s leg.
Tinker poke himself in the chest. A panel pops open, revealing him to be hollow and made of metal, and he reaches in, producing a comical black bomb. As he pulls it out, the fuse lights, and Tinker grins and giggles as it burns down to an imminent explosion.
Zane‘ tackles and bodyshields the Bruse. "Over my. Dead. Body."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Ernst | 31:Garrett | 31:Gerald | 27:Chandrasekhar | 27:Elite Guard A | 25:Kenna | 23:Elite Guard C | 21:Phyllis | 20:Elite Guard B | 19:Bruse Shantus | 18:Zane | 16:Tinker | 16:Elite Guard D | 12:Elite Guard E |
Gerald: "Gods DAMMIT the leg shot works a lot better on flesh, not metal."
Gerald: "Whatever, time to bust the gears."
Ernst stares at Tinker before shaking his head. "That uhh… I’m pretty sure that isn't even Tinker. Not sure it's worth being in the bomb radius."
Ernst: "It just looks like them and has a bomb."
Garrett: "How big do you figure that radius to be?"
Gerald: "…You mean that's just Stocke But Fancier?"
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst: "Given that they just pulled a bomb out of their chest? Yes."
Gerald: "I mean we HAVE worked with a metal man before so…"
Ernst: "Even if you do save the body he could probably stop communicating with it so…"
Phyllis: "Odds on Kenna being of the same construction, then?"
Gerald: "High?"
Garrett‘ . o O ( Isn’t it kind of interesting that the robot had a soul, then? )
[OOC] Ernst: Who are we shooting first?
[OOC] Garrett: beats me none of htese dudes have stats lol
Chandrasekhar wasn't expecting… any of that!
[OOC] Garrett: take down tinker so he doesn't AoE Raid damage us??
[OOC] Garrett: or at least so we can boot the bomb adam west style
Aleith|DM: Ernst, Garrett, Gerald!
Ernst drops down Stocke and then starts booking it away from the bomb. [Double Move >.>]
Aleith|DM: The door's shut
[OOC] Ernst: In that case I'm going behind a pillar
Gerald‘ glances around frantically for a few seconds…
Garrett` flicks his dagger at Tinker! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+22 and got 17 ( Total: 39 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit! The gnome(?) drops the bomb at his feet. But the fuse’s still burning down.
Gerald: "BRUSE, WEST BALCONY, NOW." Gerald then fucking *sprints* for one of th ewest window/ledges, smashes through it as part of his run, then fires his grappling hook at the edge of the balcony and leaps off it.
Garrett‘ then books it to behind a pillar!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Phyllis: How far outside can Phyllis see out of the west balcony?
Aleith|DM: A long ways away?
Aleith|DM: Past the edge of the Summer Court.
Phyllis: 20 squares or so?
Aleith|DM: Well, there’s the wall and bleachers around the maze over the balcony, mostly in sight
[OOC] Phyllis: Good enough. Anyway it's - still Chandra's turn.
Chandrasekhar runs across the room and hides behind a pillar!! [Move+Move, I -think- I can move there?]
Aleith|DM: Yeah
Aleith|DM: You can make it there with double move, no need to run either
Aleith|DM: One of the Elite Guards runs by Garret, heading out onto the balcony.
Aleith|DM: Kenna heads out and ducks behind the wall around the balcony, while another guard heads out to the east side.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis barks out a command for Tinker to "stay." [Mesmeric Hold]
Phyllis rolled d20+25 and got 9 ( Total: 34.0 ) for vs Will, +4 tohit because single-target
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6+15 and got 5, 1 ( Total: 21.0 ) for Psychic
Phyllis: And immobilized UEoPNT.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 11!] Tinker's giggle takes on a maniacal sound.
Aleith|DM: Another of the guards scrambles towards the doors.
Aleith|DM: Zane and the Bruse!
Phyllis: "As expected." She then opens an Arcane Gate next to her, opening the other half 20 squares northwestish. Then moves through it.
[OOC] Phyllis: I wasn't done yet!
[OOC] Phyllis: but i am now
Gerald‘ glances over his shoulder. "Oh sure, make it look EASY."
Phyllis: "I tell the physics of the universe to shut up and sit down, no longer bound by the physical constraints of this world."
Zane` bosily hoists the Bruse. "My deepest apologies for laying hands on a head of state!" And then he runs… oh hey that’s a lot simpler. He runs through Phyllis' gate, which is much less painful than diving off the balcony while carrying a minotaur. Phyllis is great.
Gerald: "I mean that's probably SAFER but I definitely looked cooler." Gerald glances up at the sky and squints.
Aleith|DM: You see something small falling quickly towards the roof of the throne room.
Zane: "You can arrest me for saving your life later. Minister Kenna is compromised, we're not sure how."
Aleith|DM: Tinker continues laughing as the bomb explodes at his feet.
Phyllis: "In similar ways to Oddcog, from what we understand."
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 9 ( Total: 28.0 ) for vs Ref, Stocke and Guard E
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 7 [Total: 26.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 54.0, Avg: 8.00
Aleith|DM rolled 5#d20+14(1) and got 11 ( Total: 25.0 ) for vs Ref, superior cover, Chandra, Garrett, Kenna, Guards A and B
Ernst chews at his lip before dismissing Stocke. [Free Action]
Also rolled 5#d20+14(2) and got 7 [Total: 21.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Zane: "And your Minister of Rebellion."
Also rolled 5#d20+14(3) and got 18 [Total: 32.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+14(4) and got 5 [Total: 19.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+14(5) and got 11 [Total: 25.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 122.0, Avg: 10.40
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 25!] to Garrett and Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 40!] to Guard E and Kenna, as well as dazed (SE)! [15!] to Guards A and B!
Aleith|DM: You can clearly see several cracks running through the 'skin' of Guard E! [Metal Shell]
Chandrasekhar: "…hrm."
Ernst whistles. "Amazing. They're all humanoid robots. I should swap notes with this guy."
Chandrasekhar brushes dust and rubble off.
Garrett: "Gah!"
Aleith|DM: The artillery shell crashes into the ceiling! Gas floods into the throne room (and the lobby) outside!
Walls crack, bits of the ceiling collapse, and eye-searing yellow smoke fills the air. This is Agony Gas, a chemical
Aleith|DM: weapon that sears mucous membranes and can cause debilitating pain and blindness.
Gerald: "… Holy fuck Zane, that's a alchemical warhead. Holy fuck."
Aleith|DM: The thick gas grants concealment to creatures more than 1 square away, and total concealment to those more than 2 squares away. Any living creature that needs to breathe feels its mucous membranes burn. Such creatures take ongoing 5 acid damage until they exit the area. Creatures that fall unconscious due to this damage are permanently blinded (treat as a Level 5 affliction).
Zane: "Oh wow…"
Aleith|DM: Guard E staggers forwards….
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for save
Chandrasekhar starts coughing, losing his careful composure. "Damn it…"
Garrett: "Chandra!"
Garrett: "The gate!"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Ernst | 31:Garrett | 31:Gerald | 27:Chandrasekhar | 27:Elite Guard A | 25:Kenna | 23:Elite Guard C | 21:Phyllis | 20:Elite Guard B | 19:Bruse Shantus | 18:Zane | 16:Elite Guard D | 12:Elite Guard E |
Chandrasekhar: "I hear you!"
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Garrett! Gerald! Chandrasekhar!
Gerald: "I feel like it's time the gloves come off with these fuckers if they're bringing out shit like that."
Phyllis: "Are you unharmed, Bruse?"
Tinker's body was obliterated by the blast.
Gerald‘ swings his rifle around and [Takes Aim] at Exterminator A before marking it as his [Quarry], since Kenna isn’t in sight….
Garrett‘ covers his mouth and [Double Moves] through the Arcane Gate, sputtering as he comes out the other end.
Phyllis: "I’ll keep this open until our comrades make it out. Zane, be ready to apprehend anyone else who tries to use it, uh, unauthorized."
Chandrasekhar teleports directly past the Exterminator closing in on him and then runs through the arcane gate!
Ernst … just double [Runs] through the Arcane Gate.
Zane‘ bares his teeth, and gestures like a stage magician. Look, its a karambit! I wonder where it came from.
Gerald: "…And that’s everyone." Gerald disengages his grappling hook and stows it. while backing up a few steps.
Ernst frowns. "Unfortunate that the contraption is destroyed. I was at least hoping to figure out a general direction and distance from where the signal was being sent from."
Zane: "Its OK, we have another option."
Gerald: "Seems like there's still a few kicking."
Gerald: "That guard's leg it completely metal."
Zane‘ is going to [Hidden Grab] the first enemy through that portal.
Aleith|DM: Guard A and Kenna leap off the balcony to the ground below!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#2d10(1) and got 3, 6 ( Total: 9 )
Also rolled 2#2d10(2) and got 3, 2 [Total: 5 (Low), Avg: 2.50]
Total: 14, Avg: 3.50
Aleith|DM: And neither take damage! [Metal Shell]
Aleith|DM: Alright I’m gonna move you all too……..the top of the maze
Aleith|DM: :D
Garrett: dis
Garrett: FUKKEN
[OOC] Garrett: oh shit mt
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: spirits!
Gerald: "So…"
Gerald: "How long you been an angry killer robot, Kenna?"
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Aleith|DM: Her eyes just glow red.
Gerald: "I mean I know " since I was born " is the technically correct answer here…"
Gerald: "And I can respect that… but I was wondering more like how long since you replaced the real one."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for whoops forgot Kenna was daze
Aleith|DM: She's actually just off the balcony…
Phyllis conjures her [Mage Hand] near the pair and strikes the Duplicant [A] with an [Illusory Assault]!
Phyllis rolled d20+23 and got 17 ( Total: 40.0 ) for vs Will
Phyllis rolled d6+15 and got 2 ( Total: 17.0 ) for Psychic, -2 tohit with attacks UEoPNT.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 7!
[OOC] Phyllis: Arcane Gate] closes as she doesn't sustain it.
Aleith|DM: Exterminator B leaps down from the balcony to the bleachers.
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10 and got 4, 6 ( Total: 10 )
Aleith|DM: And lands fine. [0!]
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Zane‘ flicks the karambit back up his sleeve and lunges at Exterminator A, drawing his sword and shifting into [Brute Stance] before slicing into it. [Move, MBA]
Zane` rolled d20+21 and got 14 ( Total: 35 )
Zane` rolled 1d10+10 and got 10 ( Total: 20.0 )
Also rolled 2d8 and got 7, 8 [Total: 15 (High), Avg: 7.50]
Total: 35.0, Avg: 8.33
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 25!
Aleith|DM: The bruse takes a step back and turns off his aura.
Aleith|DM: Exterminator E leaps off the balcony!
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10 and got 1, 2 ( Total: 3 )
Aleith|DM: Taking no damage.
Aleith|DM: You hear a door opening in the distance.
Aleith|DM: From the direction of the throne room.
Gerald: "ALCHEMICAL WARHEAD, LYA? REALLY?"
Aleith|DM: There’s also some sounds of combat including a ridiculously loud grinding noise….Garrett distinctivly recognizes the sound, though it's more grating now.
Garrett: "…"
Garrett‘ snorts.
Garrett: "Well now… I didn’t see that one coming."
Lya: "IT WASN'T ME YOU DOLTS!"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Ernst | 31:Garrett | 31:Gerald | 27:Chandrasekhar | 27:Elite Guard A | 25:Kenna | 23:Elite Guard C | 21:Phyllis | 20:Elite Guard B | 19:Bruse Shantus | 18:Zane | 16:Elite Guard D | 12:Elite Guard E |
Aleith|DM: Ernst, Garrett, Gerald, Chandrasekhar!
Ernst: "I'm reasonably confident they would have been lynched too if they got here first. This guy is just that much of an asshole."
Gerald: "OH SURE IT WAS THE OTHER SECRET SOCIETY TRYING TO SUBJAGATE THE WORLD WITH FEAR AND FORCE!"
Garrett: "I wouldn't breathe that in if I were you!"
Garrett: "Kill your way to us and then talk!"
Aleith|DM: You do hear some coughing after that, actually.
Phyllis: "I keep trying to tell him that. Like I tried to explain earlier, the pattern of Obscurati plots is that they use a patsy - like you, Lya - and they are often caught unawares by whatever plot is really lurking in the background."
Ernst snaps his fingers and slides everyone but Garrett since he's out of range towards him. [Slick Concotation] He then lays down a Punishing Eye [Timeless Locker - Minor for standard] and then fires a GMW at Exterminator A.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+24(1) and got 8 ( Total: 32.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+24(2) and got 2 [Total: 26.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 58.0, Avg: 5.00
[OOC] Ernst: Hitting on a 2
[OOC] Ernst: Aww yeah GMW
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Chandrasekhar rolls his eyes. "Are we feeling sorry for her, now/
Ernst rolled 4d8+18 and got 7, 8, 5, 5 ( Total: 43.0 ) for +5 to hit for everyone but Garrett, +5 dmg, Brutal 1
Gerald‘ shakes his head before unloading a [Biting Vollet] into Exterminator A.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 2 ( Total: 29 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 6 [Total: 33]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 62
Aleith|DM: Hits!
[OOC] Ernst: Eye is +6
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in d10r2+25
Aleith|DM: //Oh, in that case…

Gerald` rolled d10r2+25: (1, 7) [Total: 32.0 (High), Avg and got 7.00
Also rolled 2d8 and got 3, 5 [Total: 8 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 40.0, Avg: 5.00
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in d10r2+25
[OOC] Gerald: gdi
Gerald` rolled d10r2+25 and got 10 ( Total: 35.0 )
[OOC] Phyllis: was it !katamari
Garrett` sidles closer to Ernst first [Move], and then waits as the GMW washes over him and Gerald takes a shot!
Aleith|DM: //Your shot smashes open the man’s chest, revealing a cracked metal shell with only machinery and dripping black oil inside. [25! Bloodied! When the duplicant is bloodied, it has Vulnerable 10 all, its defenses are reduced by 5, and it takes a –5 penalty to saving throws.]

[OOC] Gerald: you got both the 40 hit and the 35 hit right
Aleith|DM: Nope
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 50!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Gerald: "Oh."
Gerald: "Okay yeah once you crack open the shell the guts are easy as pie to wreck."
Chandrasekhar: "That's comforting."
Zane: "Noted."
Garrett‘ waits for the vanguard. [Hold action until after Chandrasekhar]
Gerald` then flicks his aim over to Kenna, seeing as how this thing is nearly dead.
[OOC] Gerald: so uhhh
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in 4d10r2
Gerald` rolled 4d10r2: 4, 9, 10, (2, 7) [Total: 30 (High), Avg and got 7.50
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: One sec
Aleith|DM: //Okay it falls to the ground as scrap parts. The guard’s visage fades and it looks more like a humanoid robot.

Gerald‘ [Quarry]s Kenna too in that case. >_>
Gerald: "More where that came from, robots!"
Chandrasekhar invokes the [Spirit of the Virtuous Charger], then runs full-tilt for Kenna. [Move+Charge+Ardent Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+22 and got 8 ( Total: 30 ) for vs. AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar strikes at her, pushes her over to the side [Commanding Vow] and gains combat advantage [Deadly Draw]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+15 and got 1 ( Total: 16 ) for Radiant damage
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 6!]You shatter the ’skin' on her arm, but beneath is a skeleton of enchanted steel bones. The dragonborn woman’s eyes unfocus, and for a moment she has the expression of someone fighting against a compulsion. But then her eyes glow red and she resumes her attack.
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Gerald: "The fuck."
Garrett‘ reaches out with a hand and his mind- the bleachers come to life, twisting and smashing, ripping up the foundation they were built on! They smash on and around Kenna and Exterminator E! [The City Comes Alive]
Gerald: "You saw that too right Chan?"
Chandrasekhar: "I sure did."
Garrett` rolled 2#1d20+27(1) and got 15 ( Total: 42 ) for vs Ref, Kenna Ex-E
Chandrasekhar: "Kenna, are you in there? I spoke with -you- just weeks ago."
Also rolled 2#1d20+27(2) and got 13 [Total: 40]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 82
Gerald: "What are we thinking, soul is literally trapped inside a machine?"
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Chandrasekhar: "That would seem the obvious interpretation."
Gerald: "Or maybe… i duno, most of their body has been replaced by machine but some parts are still flesh and organs?"
Zane: "I’ll tell you what I think after I've had a chance to examine the wreckage."
Garrett‘ rolled 2d6+27 and got 6, 1 ( Total: 34 ) for damage to kenna is Vuln 5 Cold and Restrained (save ends)
Garrett` rolled 2d6+21 and got 3, 6 ( Total: 30 ) for damage to Ex-E and Restrained (save ends)
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 24!] [18!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: You only roll damage once for area attacks, Kenna just takes 6 more
[OOC] Garrett: o
[OOC] Garrett: rerolling that 1
Garrett` rolled 1d6 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Garrett` rolled 1d6 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
[OOC] Garrett: bam 1 extra dmaage thanks to brutal
[OOC] Aleith|DM: okay
[OOC] Ernst: Too OP
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 1!] [1!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: I did +5 damage apparently
Kenna twitches from the latest hit, then looks around in confusion, like she’s just realizing what’s happening. [Bloodied!]
Gerald: "Hi, you’re trying to kill the Bruse and us and we're breaking you instead."
Gerald: "If you got a compelling reason to leave you operational better spite it out quick."
Phyllis: " - Garrett. How's her soul look?"
Garrett‘ stares harder.
Aleith|DM: There’s a voice behind you all that growls out, "Steel endures. Flesh rots." And the Bruse's flesh begins to wither away. [Slay Living]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 8 ( Total: 27 ) for vs Fort
Aleith|DM: 50 necrotic damage, and he's both stunned and taking ongoing 20 necrotic damage! [Save ends both]
Gerald: "?!"
Aleith|DM: Pardo the gnoll steps out from a door leading to the bleachers.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 31:Ernst | 31:Gerald | 27:Chandrasekhar | 27:Garrett | 27:Pardo | 25:Kenna | 23:Elite Guard C | 21:Phyllis | 20:Elite Guard B | 19:Bruse Shantus | 18:Zane | 16:Elite Guard D | 12:Elite Guard E |
Gerald: "Who the fuck is THIS asshole?!"
Zane: "Pardo. You've saved me the trouble of coming to find you."
Ernst fires off an [Energy Conversion] on that. -9 dmg +13 thp
Kenna looks startled, looking around and holding her arms in front of her face. [Total Defence]
Kenna: "I don't know what's going on!"
Ernst glances at the party. "Want me to drag him over here?" He gestures towards Padro.
Gerald‘ shifts his target to Pardo, braces of potential incoming bombardment [Oak Skin] then lays into Padro, because he acted before Ernst and still had GMW bonuses.
Aleith|DM: It’s not a new round
[OOC] Gerald: o-oh
Zane: "Yes. I want him alive."
Gerald‘ doesn’t do that yet then.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Gerald: "Uuuhhh… I'll see what I can do."
Zane: "Kenna. Move and I will let my friends cut you to pieces on the way to answers."
Garrett: "Do we call that alive…?"
Chandrasekhar: "If that means he's far enough away from the Bruse…"
Phyllis shrugs at Garrett. "Figure it out. I'm assuming whatever connection she had was broken."
Aleith|DM: Kenna's 'soul' is still in the same shape as it was before.
Aleith|DM: Stretched thin and pointing off to the south.
Garrett‘ shakes his head.
Garrett` . o O (Still pointing south.)
Zane` . o O (Pardo as well, yes?)
Phyllis: "Either way." Empowered by [Glib Tongue], she turns to Pardo and sends him to [Sleep] (burning Horrid Whispers in the process).
Garrett` . o O (If anything changed with Kenna, it isn’t obvious to me. Keep your guard up.)
Phyllis rolled d20+22 and got 5 ( Total: 27.0 ) for you know the rules, and so do I
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Phyllis: Slowed (save ends) still!
Phyllis: Just no aftereffect.
Aleith|DM rolled d20-5 and got 5 ( Total: 0 ) for save for Kenna vs Restrain
Aleith|DM: Exterminator B fires a Musket at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 3 ( Total: 20 )
Aleith|DM: Missing! It advances.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for save for Bruse
Gerald‘ ear perks.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 7!] to the Bruse from ongoing.
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Gerald: "That was a musket, not a carbine. Guess they’re starting to equip the mooks with the good shit."
Zane‘ backsteps and turns to the Bruse. "I’ll not save you from a bomb just to let you die to black sorcery." [Heal to grant a save]
Zane‘ rolled d20+7 and got 5 ( Total: 12 )
[OOC] Zane: god fucking damn it bot
Aleith|DM: Terminator E strikes at Chandrasekhar! [Grasp]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 11 ( Total: 28 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled 2d4+15 and got 3, 3 ( Total: 21.0 )
Aleith|DM: It bats away Chandrasekhar’s weapon and grabs him by the throat. Its grip is like a vice. [21! Chandra is grabbed (Escape DC 29) While grabbed, Chandra can't speak!]
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 31:Ernst | 31:Gerald | 27:Chandrasekhar | 27:Garrett | 27:Pardo | 25:Kenna | 23:Exterminator C | 21:Phyllis | 20:Exterminator B | 19:Bruse Shantus | 18:Zane | 16:Exterminator D | 12:Exterminator E |
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Gerald!
Aleith|DM: Or rather Gerald first I guess……..
Gerald‘ shifts his target to Pardo, braces of potential incoming bombardment [Oak Skin] then lays into Padro, because he acted before Ernst and still had GMW bonuses. [Twin-Fanged Strike]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 5 ( Total: 32 )
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 14 [Total: 41]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 73
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 2#3d10r2+19(1): 6, (2, 9), 7 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg and got 7.33
Also rolled 2#3d10r2+19(2) and got 10, 10, 6 [Total: 45.0 (High), Avg: 8.67]
Total: 86.0, Avg: 8.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 31! 35!
Chandrasekhar: "-cckkk!"
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Gerald: "…He’s a bit sturdier than the others. This might take a few rounds."
Gerald‘ loads a new ammo cartridge into his rifle.
Ernst moves the eye further west, grants Gerald +5 Cold damage per hit [Fleeting Dweomer] and then fires a [Magic Weapon] at Exterminator E.
Ernst rolled d20+21 and got 8 ( Total: 29.0 )
Ernst rolled d8+11 and got 6 ( Total: 17.0 ) for +2 to hit +5 dmg for Garrett, Zane and NPC
Ernst then swaps places with the target. [Transpose] and AP’s using bond of transference on the same target.
Ernst rolled d20+18 and got 6 ( Total: 24.0 ) for vs fort
[OOC] Ernst: Heroice
Gerald: "…Ernst why in the world did you do that?"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 7!] Hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+9 and got 3, 6 ( Total: 18.0 ) for transfering all the effects of stun and ongoing 20 from NPC to that enemy
Zane: "To help save the Bruse."
Ernst: "I needed a target to transfer the hexes to. Unless you were volunteering?"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 8!
Zane: "I would have."
Gerald: "Oh. Right I sometimes lose track of all the weird little gadgets you have."
Zane: "But thank you."
Chandrasekhar coughs! "-thank you, Ernst."
Garrett: "Yeah, but we need your weapon arms and legs, Zane."
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
Aleith|DM: Ah right, Chandra is freed as well from the grip.
Ernst: "Also that guy was choking Chandra so you know."
Ernst: "Two birds with one stone."
The bruse sighs. "Thank you, constable."
Aleith|DM: Garrett! Chandrasekhar!
Garrett‘ shifts over one and skillfully stabs at the Exterminator E! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+24 and got 10 ( Total: 34 ) for vs AC
[OOC] Ernst: I am bad and did not add my 6 eye damage to E on the magic weapon hit.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 6!
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar prays for [Virtue] and then goes right ahead and [Charge]s Exterminator B! [Ardent Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+22 and got 6 ( Total: 28 ) for vs. AC
Garrett` rolled 1d4+29 and got 3 ( Total: 32.0 ) for vuln 5 cold now
Also rolled 3d8 and got 6, 7, 6 [Total: 19 (High), Avg: 6.33]
Total: 51.0, Avg: 5.50
Garrett` cuts across this sucker’s knees. [Low Slash]
Garrett: !Roll 1d20+26 ; vs ref actually
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+26 and got 6 ( Total: 32 ) for vs ref actually
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+15 and got 2 ( Total: 17 ) for divine sanction, pushing him around and granting CA until end of my next turn again, +2 to all defenses USONT
Garrett` rolled 1d4+44 and got 2 ( Total: 46.0 ) for this is including the all vuln 10 it should now have
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 41! Bloodied! 46! KO!
Zane: "Beautiful."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!
Aleith|DM: Pardo moves forward. Slowly.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 16 ( Total: 16 ) for save vs sleep, +2 -2?
[OOC] Phyllis: Yeah, spell focus is always-on
Aleith|DM: You didn’t mention any other abilities with it so I figured that was it.
Gerald: "So how much of this do you reckon is aimed at you, and how much at us Bruse? Because that little gnome let off a hell of an attack on you."
[OOC] Phyllis: yeah
[OOC] Phyllis: why waste stuff on a miss
Kenna continues assuming a Total Defence stance, still looking bewildered.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Ernst: "Speaking of Garrett, you said you couldn't sense their soul, correct?"
Aleith|DM: Exterminator C drops down off the balcony.
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10 and got 9, 10 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: I knew it was going to happen eventually. [9! Prone!]
Garrett‘ . o O (Nah, I can- it’s just stretched off to the south.)
Aleith|DM: It then stabs its musket bayonet at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 10 ( Total: 27 )
Garrett‘ . o O (So… remotely cotrolled? Remotely -forced-? Remotely charmed? I can’t tell if it's one or the other.)
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Ernst nods. "That'd be where he's projecting everything from, then. It's a start. Wonder why they're down there, though."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Garrett: "Well… would you want to hang out -here-?" He gestures to the destroyed and gassed throne room.
Gerald‘ . o O (Does he not know he can send back…?)
Phyllis slaps Pardo with [Mirage Arcana].
Ernst: "I more meant why the real Kenna was near him at all."
Phyllis: And [headband of Intellect] beforehand too
Garrett: "An excellent question."
Phyllis rolled d20+23 and got 4 ( Total: 27.0 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
[OOC] Phyllis: is there some buff i’m forgetting atm like GMW gdi
[OOC] Gerald: sadly no
[OOC] Ernst: Sadly I only hit Zane and Garrett with Magic weapon
[OOC] Phyllis: OH I can conjure mage hand nearby
[OOC] Phyllis: if i reorder
[OOC] Phyllis: and should have
[OOC] Phyllis: is that allowable
Aleith|DM: yes
Aleith|DM: slightly iffy but it's something you usually do
[OOC] Phyllis: 29 then with CA
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6+15 and got 3, 5 ( Total: 23.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!
Phyllis: Psychic damage, creates zone of difficult terrain, dazed, can't leave zone willingly, can't see outside of zone (save ends). [Orb of Imposition] [Orb of Mental Dominion] [Amulet of Elegy] and [Spell Focus] for -8 to save and reroll take lower.
Aleith|DM: The Bruse claps a hand on Zane's shoulder. "You're a good man, and an ally of your homeland." You feel a momentary surge of strength, but then you realize that he simply needs you to defend him. [Invoke the Rites of Rulership]
Zane loses a healing surge. Shantus gains 25 Temp. HP.
The Bruse takes up Total Defence.
Aleith|DM: Zane!
[OOC] Phyllis: also just to clarify - it's -8 reroll take lower for the first, it's -2 reroll take lower for subsequent ones.
[OOC] Ernst: +2 to hit +5 dmg Zane
Zane‘ nods. "My life is not yours for the taking, but my strength I will gladly lend you. Now, speaking of."
Gerald: "Uhh which one is that again Phyllis, fish in a barrel?"
Phyllis: "Yes. He’s all yours."
Gerald: "Nice."
Zane: "No. Not all."
Gerald: "The gnoll owe you money or something?"
Zane‘ rises with his bow and arrow, firing a shot at Pardo. "Or something."
Zane` rolled d20+20 and got 11 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett: "You all have him, right? I’m gonna go help Chandra and Ernst."
Zane‘ then draws and fires again in the blink of an eye. [AP]
Zane` rolled d20+20 and got 13 ( Total: 33 )
Gerald: "Yeah we’re good."
Zane‘ rolled 7d8+15 and got 7, 1, 4, 7, 7, 3, 8 ( Total: 52.0 ) for shortbow damage, 3 Brute d8, furious assault, attack finesse, assassin strike
Also rolled 4d10 and got 4, 10, 6, 4 [Total: 24 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 76.0, Avg: 5.55
Ernst rolled d8 and got 6 ( Total: 6 ) for brutal 1 from magic weapon
[OOC] Zane: 81 then
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 61 total!
[OOC] Zane: One click parrrrrt
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10 and got 7, 10 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: Exterminator D leaps off of the balcony, landing in a heap beside Ernst! [Double Move, 7!]
[OOC] Ernst: Zane still has a shot left
Aleith|DM: not that it changes the action
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 71! instead
Zane` rolled 1d8+15 and got 5 ( Total: 20.0 ) for second hit is just a tap really
Aleith|DM: Your mighty shots creates spiderweb cracks across the gnoll’s body, and its fur falls away, disappearing in flickers of illusion, revealing a glistening steel endoskeleton with glowing red eyes. [10! Bloodied!]
Zane` rolls his neck and shoulders. "There we go."
Garrett: "They really went all out on this assassination game, didn’t they."
Gerald: "Ayup."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 31:Ernst | 31:Gerald | 27:Chandrasekhar | 27:Garrett | 27:Pardo | 25:Kenna | 23:Exterminator C | 21:Phyllis | 20:Exterminator B | 19:Bruse Shantus | 18:Zane | 16:Exterminator D |
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Gerald!
Zane: "We've been show to be surprisingly difficult to kill, I'm glad they are paying attention."
Chandrasekhar: "It's almost refreshing to be taken seriously for once."
Gerald‘ [Quarry]s Padro since he’s exactly as close as Kenna now, then unloads into him. [AP] [Quad Shot]
[OOC] Ernst: I don't want to hit Kenna right?
Gerald‘ rolled 4#d20+24(1) and got 5 ( Total: 29 )
[OOC] Garrett: correct
Also rolled 4#d20+24(2) and got 1 [Total: 25]
Also rolled 4#d20+24(3) and got 2 [Total: 26]
Also rolled 4#d20+24(4) and got 6 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 110
[OOC] Zane: yeah we are leaving Kenna alone as long as she behaves
[OOC] Gerald: …right 1 always misses so the bonuses I forgot don’t matter
Gerald‘ rolled 3d10r2+23: (2, 2, 7), 9, (2, 3) [Total: 42.0 (High), Avg and got 6.33
Also rolled 2d8 and got 4, 7 [Total: 11 (High), Avg: 5.50]
Total: 53.0, Avg: 6.00
Gerald` rolled 2#3d10r2+23(1) and got 3, 9, 6 ( Total: 41.0 )
Also rolled 2#3d10r2+23(2) and got 10, 6, (2, 9) [Total: 48.0 (High), Avg: 8.33]
Total: 89.0, Avg: 7.17
Aleith|DM: Is that including the vuln 10?
[OOC] Gerald: ya
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 53!] [89!
Gerald: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME."
Ernst fires off a [Lightning Motes] at the 3 exterminators. Alphabetically.
Gerald: "That fucker fell over before the fourth shot connected and misses! This is bullshit!"
Ernst rolled 3#d20+18(1) and got 13 ( Total: 31.0 ) for vs reflex
Also rolled 3#d20+18(2) and got 6 [Total: 24.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+18(3) and got 1 [Total: 19.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 74.0, Avg: 6.67
Ernst rolled 2d6+10 and got 2, 2 ( Total: 14.0 ) for Dazed, ongoing lightning 5. Half damage and ongoing lightning 5 on miss.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 4!] [0!] [0!
Aleith|DM: Two new duplicants leap down from the balcony!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#2d10(1) and got 2, 9 ( Total: 11 )
Also rolled 2#2d10(2) and got 2, 8 [Total: 10 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 21, Avg: 5.25
Aleith|DM: Swarmer O takes [1!] and lands prone.
Ernst: "They really had it out for this guy. After you take out Pardo we should probably fall back."
Ernst: "There’s a good ten more coming."
Aleith|DM: Garrett! Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM: You can see several on the ledge up above streaming out from the throne room, yeah.
Gerald: "Fall back to… where exctly?"
Garrett: "Out. Away. Commendeer a carriage and haul ass."
Gerald: "Dips on not carrying hostages slash science specimen."
Zane: "We have our own carriage."
Gerald: 'Just leaving Lya to her own devices? "
Ernst: "There's around ten more duplicants between us and her. No guarantee she won't just walk off by the time we're done…"
Zane: "Heh heh. 'Devices'."
Gerald: "…Hehehe."
Garrett‘ smirks. "I didn’t think you'd have a problem with that, Gerald…"
Gerald: "Anyway yeah I don't give a shit I'm just double checking the game plan so no one whines about it later."
Zane: "I can't believe I'm saying this but… if they are trying to kill her, we probably want her alive."
Phyllis: "I'm allowed to be smug, yes?"
Gerald: "Absolutely."
Zane: "Yes, Ursinho."
Gerald: "LYA WE'RE ABOUT DONE BREAKING THE STUFF WE CARE ABOUT AND ARE GUNNA LEAVE WANNA MEET UP SOMEWHERE SO WE CAN MOCK YOU WHILE YOU HAND OVER INFORMATION NOW THAT YOU KNOW YOUR GROUP WAS ACTUALLY BAD AND BURNED YOU?"
Gerald: "PROMISE I WON'T SHOOT YOU."
Chandrasekhar: "GET THE HELLS OUT OF MY WAY, ALL OF YOU." [Call of Challenge] [Astral Thunder] [Commanding Vow]
Garrett: "He's not crossing his fingers behind his back, I assure you!"
Rush: "YOU FUCKING IDIOT THIS WASN'T THE FUCKING OB!"
You can actually hear Lya sigh from here.
Chandrasekhar rolled 5#d20+18(1) and got 20 ( Total: 38 ) for vs. Fort
Also rolled 5#d20+18(2) and got 6 [Total: 24]
Also rolled 5#d20+18(3) and got 12 [Total: 30]
Also rolled 5#d20+18(4) and got 6 [Total: 24]
Also rolled 5#d20+18(5) and got 8 [Total: 26]
Gerald: "YEAH IT WAS THE OTHER SECRET ORGANIZATION TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING THREATS OF FORCE, WE COVERED THAT EARLIER."
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 142
Garrett: "Ahahaha, oh gods. If this wasn't the Obscurati, then…….."
Aleith|DM: Crit, miss, hit, miss, hit!
Ernst: "I'm reasonably confident Tinker is just far more competent than anyone we've met yet on the job."
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+14 and got 8, 3 ( Total: 25 ) for thunder + -3 attack penalty UEONT to everything that hits…
Shantus: "We'll help you track down Tinker and whatever forces were behind this attack."
Garrett‘ laughs again.
Gerald: "The thought of a single person controlling … what … over fourty High Quality Stockes at once is kind of horrifying, Ernst."
Chandrasekhar -forces- the duplicants away through sheer force of thunderclap will, and barges his way through.
Ernst: "As I said. We need to swap notes."
Zane: "Depends on your definition of person."
[OOC] Sir Faustin T Resoaix the Bot> Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+8+8+14 -: 3d6=15 ]{45}
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 35!] [15!] [15!
Chandrasekhar: "…so Tinker was trying to double-cross the Ob, is that it?"
Gerald: "ANYWAY POINT STANDS WANNA MEET UP SOMEWHERE AND COMPARES NOTES WITHOUT ANYONE TRYING TO KILL EACH OTHER OR JUST WING IT LATER ON DOWN THE LINE WHILE ALL SIDES ARE EVEN MORE TRIGGER HAPPY?"
Ernst chews at his lip. "(That said. I guarantee you that Lya will kill him on sight. The only reason this man is still alive is because he’s incredibly paranoid and skilled. He possesses information that could be detrimental to the obscurati. There's no way they aren't going to try and murder him.)"
Gerald: "I'M COOL WITH EITHER WAY."
Lya: "I'LL AGREE TO A TRUCE>"
Gerald: "OKAY WE'LL SEND YOU A LOCATION LATER, BYE!"
Ernst: "(So it comes down to whether we think it's more beneficial to find him together and stop her on site or try and beat her to the punch.)"
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Gerald: "And why we I obviously mean you," Gerald finger snaps in Phyllis' direction.
Chandrasekhar: "(Nothing's ever simple.)"
Garrett‘ ambles over to the side and flicks a dagger at Pordo. [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+24 and got 12 ( Total: 36 ) for vs AC
[OOC] Garrett: *pardo
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: The metal gnoll reverts to just a metal humanoid.
Gerald: "Chandra you think you can grab Kenna on the way out? Zane can probably get Padro, I’ll keep laying down cover fire."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 17 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: Kenna continues defending.
Ernst: "I'm curious how long the connection between Kenna and this vessel is going to last. But as long as it persists hoping to get some answers is a good idea."
Zane: "I Want to give Garrett a chance to try and talk to the connection, personally."
Aleith|DM: A few more duplicant swarmers drop down.
Gerald: "Don't remember who has the carriage tucked away for summoning but pop it out and lets split."
Aleith|DM rolled 3#2d10(1) and got 6, 8 ( Total: 14 )
Also rolled 3#2d10(2) and got 7, 6 [Total: 13 (High), Avg: 6.50]
Also rolled 3#2d10(3) and got 9, 6 [Total: 15 (High), Avg: 7.50]
Total: 42, Avg: 7.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 4!] [3!] [5!
Aleith|DM: But landing badly.
Aleith|DM: Exterminator C stands up and fires its musket at Ernst!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 1 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: Missing badly!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Ernst scoffs. "We're pulling out. Kindly refrain from embarassing yourself."
Phyllis double moves west.
Aleith|DM: Swarmers J and K fire at Ernst with muskets before jumping down to from the balcony.
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 14 ( Total: 33.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 12 [Total: 31.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 64.0, Avg: 13.00
Aleith|DM rolled 2#2d8+13(1) and got 3, 6 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 2#2d8+13(2) and got 1, 8 [Total: 22.0 (Avg), Avg: 4.50]
Total: 44.0, Avg: 4.50
Ernst fires back with a [Shocking Feedback]
Aleith|DM: Both hitting him for 22 damage each!
Ernst rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 8 ( Total: 28.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 18 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 66.0, Avg: 13.00
Ernst rolled 4d8+12 and got 7, 4, 4, 5 ( Total: 32.0 ) for Resist 5 all Ueont
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
[OOC] Ernst: Minus 5 then
Aleith|DM: Your sheet says 2d8 base
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#2d10(1) and got 10, 5 ( Total: 15 )
Also rolled 2#2d10(2) and got 4, 3 [Total: 7 (Low), Avg: 3.50]
Total: 22, Avg: 5.50
Aleith|DM: Swarmer J lands poorly! [5!]
Aleith|DM: Terminator B charges at Chandrasekhar! But Kenna strikes out with [Dragon Fist] as it runs by her! [OA]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 3 ( Total: 22 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 4 ( Total: 24 ) for charge +1
Aleith|DM: Both missing!
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Zane‘ does in fact hustle over to the wreckage of Pardo. "lets see if you’re any more useful in death than you were in life."
Chandrasekhar smiles at the duplicant of Kenna. "If you can hear me, hang in there. As long as it takes."
Aleith|DM: Not much you can tell other than witchoil was kept in a chest cavity but you can take it along for further study.
[OOC] Zane: that is the plan
Zane: "Witchoil guts."
Aleith|DM: Alright. You struggle a bit as you fighting retreat, especially once all of the duplicants start picking themselves up and firing muskets at you, but you manage to dismantle most of them before Lya and Rush descend on them from above and finish them off the last couple swarmers.
Gerald: "…Second model was a lot weaker I guess?"
Rush: "That sure was a shitshow."
Lya punches him in the shoulder. "Stop that. Alright, where should we head now?"
Gerald: "Oh hey you're not dead! Good job beating the odds." Gerald gives a friendly wave to Rush.
Rush: "I think you had the tough ones." He smirks.
Shantus: "Let's head back to the capital. I don't trust the other guards back at the base nearby.
Zane: "Get in the coach. We'll drive."
Gerald: "Ayup."
Garrett: "That'll be a start, yeah."
Lya: "We'll meet you there."
Gerald‘ gunna sit on top with his guns out and keep his eyes peeled.
Rush gives you a mock salute.
Zane: "I’m sorry did that sound like a request?"
Lya: "Oh, I thought you were talking to the Bruse."
Lya: "Very well."
Rush: "If you insist!"
Gerald: "Probably easier to just talk on the way anyway."
Aleith|DM: Kenna's hand goes to her head as she shakes it a bit.
Garrett: "It'd speed things up, yes."
Kenna: "Bruse, I think it was a few days ago but I remember being kidnapped during my run back from the military base that morning."
Kenna: "It feels like I'm in two places at once…."
Zane: "You are."
Kenna: "I can hear some gnolls getting closer, and other voices calling for help, some of the soldiers that were with me…"
Zane: "Shit."
Then Kenna's body falls down like a rag doll. Her appearance fades, leaving just an inert metal body.
Gerald: "…Huh."
Zane: "She's in gnoll country. Where is Glaucia?"
Ernst: "So not quite one person controlling twenty superior stockes."
Ernst: "Fascinating regardless."
Garrett‘ sighs through his nose.
Aleith|DM: Guard start showing up, some keeping back curious onlookers as you get your horseless carriage setup and start piling into it.
Garrett: "Alright, well-"
Gerald` crawls on top, tips his hat to the guards. "Situation is more or less under control, moving The Bruse to a save location."
Garrett: "Her soul’s no longer in that… thing."
Garrett: "When she went limp, her soul snapped way, way, way back to the south, like snipping a tense wire."
Ernst: "Just to confirm, each of those men we fought, they had the souls of the soldiers that were with her, right?"
Shantus: "I recognized many of them. They looked just like them. Much like Kenna."
Gerald: "Wait. Does that mean he made all those bodies in less than a week? That's… insane."
Ernst: "Passion knows not sleep."
Gerald: "That was a lot of robots."
Zane: "Not like Quital has a body to pay attention to anymore. Just spend all day bending things into robot shape."
Zane: "Besides, you dont need perfect bodies, just functional bodies and a little illusion."
Gerald: "…oh riiiight."
Gerald: "Man I am SUPER pissed he's not for real dead. That shot on him was fucking beautiful."
Zane: "Yes, they were."
Phyllis: "Thoughtform, but applied to the physical realm."
Phyllis: "Intriguing if true."
Phyllis: "Like those … 'entities' that we saw in the temple of Apet."
Zane: "Consider, the reports all had Tinker in the company of a floating metal orb."
Zane: "'Flesh rots, steel endures.'"
Ernst: "Outside of a direction we still don't have much to go on. How do we plan to search for Tinker from here?"
Shantus: "Pardo said that before striking me, correct?"
Gerald‘ sighs, settling in with his rifle at the ready.
Zane: "The Cult of the Steel Lord has been a problem in the gnoll lands for years. Glaucia lost her entire clan to it. She’ll narrow our search considerably."
Zane: "Yes."
Zane: "And we've heard it before."
Shantus: "Their island is far to the south."
Garrett: "They can't have perfectly absconded with dozens of people and not been noticed." He nods toward Zane. "And we've got our leads already."
Gerald: "So."
Shantus: "I'll have Zarkava try some divinations to investigate. If you would assist, Ms. Lenz…?"
The bruse gets one of the guards to relay this to the vizier.
Phyllis: "Of course."
Aleith|DM: Alright. Let's fast forward a bit to set the stage, so to speak…
Gerald: "Wait why would he be working with Oddcog anyway? Wasn't he dedicated to the Ob cause?"
Gerald: "I mean, he WAS down there building the giant robot godmonster."
Gerald: "Any insight, Lya?"
Lya: "What are you talking about?"
Zane: "Quital."
Lya: "Who?"
Phyllis: "The steelshaper?"
Lya: "Sorry, if he wasn't in my cell, I don't know what he was up to."
Zane: "He was building your damned collosus, woman."
Gerald: "So…"
Lya: "Wasn't my business."
Gerald: "If you don't know what any other cell was up to…"
Phyllis: "'Faith in the process?'"
Gerald: "How are you so sure the Ob didn't just burn you?"
Lya: "OpSec. I'm sure you've heard of it."
Zane‘ closes his eyes and starts quietly counting in Giant.
Gerald: "Zane yells about it a lot and I ignore it a lot."
Lya: "Very."
Lya: "Alright. You want proof?"
Ernst: "Regardless, I am reasonably confident Tinker was planning to ditch even before the colossus broke loose. It happening just presented the opportunity for him to take flight to Ber."
Gerald: "I love proof."
Garrett: "I believe this is as dumb as it sounds, yes."
Garrett: "No proof needed, but do go on."
Lya: "Alright. You’re going to have to trust me for this. Rush?"
Rush sighs dramatically. "Isn't this what the porter is for?"
Gerald‘ leans over, poking his head in through the window.
Lya: "We had to leave him behind, sadly. And I doubt the constables would appreciate this."
Lya reaches very slowly into her jacket, and withdraws a syringe with a silvery liquid in it. Carefully, she finds a vein on Rush’s arm and injects it into him.
Rush's face relaxes, and then takes on a slightly different countenance before speaking. "Lya…and the constables…? I trust there's a reason for this?" Rush seems to have switched to a Crisylliri accent.
Zane: "And that is…?"
Garrett‘ ’s eyes widen.
Zane: "I'm gonna be mad if we just shot my pet theory all to hell."
Garrett: "What did you inject him with?"
Lya sighs. "Yes. Tinker tried to blow up the Bruse, but was in a mechanical body of some sort."
Gerald: "There was a party at the Bruse's with killer robots and alchemical artillery shells."
Gerald: "Decided I'd hold off on killing Lya to figure out what the fuck exactly happened."
Rush: "We call it needlewire. It's a special way to communicate with me in emergencies."
Gerald: "Who're you anyway?"
Garrett: "He's got another soul in him."
Garrett: "Or, well… they're sharing."
Lya: "They've agreed to a truce to at least find what happened to Tinker."
Zane: "That you, Quital?"
Rush brushes off his sleeves a bit. "This body is a bit more bulky than I like. Do any of you have a cigarette?" He laughs. "No. You can call me Nicodemus."
Chandrasekhar: "…well, that's certainly interesting."
Zane: "Oh, that is both better and worse."
Phyllis: "Uh."
Garrett: "Oh."
Chandrasekhar: "…ah."
Gerald: "Garrett's usually got some fey pepper, I got some nicodemus."
Garrett: "Hah!"
Gerald: "…Hehehe."
Gerald‘ shuffles around a bit then tosses a ciggerate down towards Rush.
Zane: "OK, so lets chat."
Nicodemus: "Lya. Work with the constables for now. This is concerning." He motions a hand towards Gerald. "Mr. Cooper, was it…? Thank you."
Chandrasekhar: "Well, it’s certainly an honour." His eyes narrow, ever-so-slightly, in interest, in something veiled.
Gerald: "Oh man are you actually high up on the food chain if they use you as a sending relay?"
Nicodemus: "And a light, if you would please?" Lya cups her hands around the end and a spark of tiefling hellfire ignites it. He takes a drag on it, and exhales out the window.
Garrett: "He was there in Vendricce."
Nicodemus: "Ahhhhh. That I was. I made a note to learn what I could about you after that incident. Your foot appears to have been reattached. A new one, or stiched back on, Mr. Woodson?"
Garrett: "New, but it still has a scar. Best of both worlds."
Lya: "Ah. I would have guessed a prosthetic from Mr. Gohins, but I suppose that works like before rather than something new."
Gerald: "Still. I mean, I don't want this to be like when we're grilling Lya and have him just keep going " wait, what are you talking about??? " is all."
Ernst scratches his head. "I regenerated it."
Phyllis: "I am … reasonably certain there is starseer prophecy about you."
Zane: "It's an unexpected pleasure getting to chat without having to stab Lya in the neck first. … OK its unexpected to get to chat et cetera et cetera."
Zane: "So tell me why your people were building a massive city-crushing golem in my back yard."
Phyllis: "Among other things. I should go down the list sometime."
Zane: "Lya spun us some pretty bullshit, but it was, at its core, still bullshit. I want to see if you can do better."
Nicodemus: "I'm afraid I won't say. I'm not going to say I can't and play semantics games with you. But I'd rather not reveal my master plan to you just yet. And I can leave whenever I want. I'd just prefer to finish this cigarette first." He takes another drag on it. "Anything you wish to ask that's pertinent to the situation? I haven't had any reports about these mechanical people you're talking about, I'll say."
Zane: "Tell me about Quital. What could he do when he was alive."
Zane: "Be detailed, please."
Nicodemus: "I doubt he's involved. Didn't you kill him under Cauldron Hill?"
Phyllis: "What was your objective in finding Oddcog, then? If it wasn't related to the colossus, were you just acting on orders?"
Zane: "I'm not sure we did anymore."
Chandrasekhar: "Oddcog knows too much."
Lya: "The source of the…souls?…powering the machines were coming from the south. In the direction of the island the…Cult of the Steel Lord?…is said to make their home."
Gerald: "Well more specifically, I'm pretty sure we DID kill him, but we're less sure he STAYED dead now."
Phyllis: "What island would that be? Axis Island? Or something different?"
Nicodemus: "Ah. I can see how the confusion may have stemmed, then. I can't say I've heard about them, but I doubt Quital was involved. The colossus did take up most of his attention."
Phyllis: "Can't be too sure after Kaja, yes."
Gerald: "It would have been a more recent thing, last couple of weeks sort of deal."
Shantus: "Isla dola Focas. Not this 'Axis Island'."
Phyllis: "Okay. But same place geographically, names aside?"
Gerald: "Naw."
Gerald: "Axis island is northwest, not south west."
Nicodemus: "Please brush up on your Geography like Mr. Cooper here. Thank you for that observation."
Chandrasekhar: "Island's got a misleading name if it's -not- the spindle on which everything turns. I'm sure we'll go back there eventually, Phyllis."
Chandrasekhar: "In any event."
Gerald: "Okay so."
Nicodemus: "As for Mr. Quital, he had great control over metal through magnetism magics. With him around, they could lift some of the plates for Borne's body without the crane."
Ernst glances out the carriage window. He seems to be thinking about something.
Gerald: "What was the sales pitch you used to get him to sign up out of curiosity?"
Nicodemus: "As for the Gearbuilder…" He thinks for a minute, glancing at Lya.
Lya frowns in return.
Phyllis: "(I mean, technically if you go south -enough-…)" She's just stewing for a bit.
Nicodemus: "Now, when you do find where Oddcog is hiding….would you care for a race to the gnome with Ms. Jierre here to see who gets to him first? Or would you rather she leave now? I will admit that she has orders to kill him."
Gerald: "'what'd you do to make Oddcog hate you so much that he'd bust out the heavy duty war-grade alchemical warheads and a small army of soul-jacked killer robots for your welcome wagon' is a good question too…"
Phyllis: "'Order a cell of Obscurati agents' to kill him, for one."
Lya sighs.
Gerald: "Presumably that wouldn't have happened if he didn't leave in the first place!"
Zane: "Up to you, really. If she tries to kill him, she's a dead woman. If she stays out of our way, she lives another day. How useful do you think she is?"
Chandrasekhar: "I thought we'd gotten all the races and games out of our system already, to be honest. I can't imagine you'd just /let us have him/, though."
Gerald: "Right?"
Chandrasekhar: "So what's the catch?"
Phyllis: "I like the way you're thinking, Zane."
Nicodemus: "Mr. Bieito basically has the right of it. If she can find Oddcog first, she'll kill him and make her escape; but if you find him first, or at the same time, it will likely involve a fight for all involved. If she leaves now…I can put her to use elsewhere, and Mr. Oddcog will likely get away."
Phyllis: "No offense, Lya."
Lya doesn't look too happy at this.
Gerald: "I literally have a bullet with her name on it for what it's worth."
Chandrasekhar: "Not that I'm not awaiting our inevitable confrontation with a smile and a light heart, but it does seem easier for everyone if you concede this round."
Lya: "That does sound like something you'd do after Vendrice…"
Chandrasekhar: "Curious why you're so alright with the idea of him falling into our hands, given your attempt on his life."
Ernst: "Just to confirm without asking for further details, you want to kill him because he possesses information that could undermine your operations should the RHC find out, correct? We've already established we're at odds when we come into contact with him."
Zane‘ shrugs. "He doesn’t thikn we'll catch him."
Chandrasekhar: "Ah."
Garrett: "Or that we'll kill him."
Nicodemus: "At this point it's obvious I'd have to send my best after you to stop you, and you've already taken out one of her bodyguards, so her help is lessened. I don't have as much hope in their odds of stopping you at this point, sadly. As for Mr. Oddcog, I'm sure he can tell you a lot, as much as he can around his geas, considering he helped build Borne."
Chandrasekhar: "Ahhh, there's a geas. That's convenient for you."
Ernst: "Lya is under one of those as well, of course."
Nicodemus: "Of course there is. I know you spoke with the Mindmaker."
Chandrasekhar: "Just hand him over, then, for Goddess' sake."
Nicodemus: "He's not mine to give. Whatever is happening on Isla dola…something is not in my plans."
Zane: "That must be delightfully refreshing."
Phyllis: "The infrastructure breaking at Bannon's manor wasn't in your plans, either, I assume."
Chandrasekhar actually laughs. "That felt good, didn't it."
He smiles. It's not a nice smile.
Phyllis: "Nor was Sijhen and … his? designs."
Zane: "Amazing."
Gerald: "OK for real though what did you do to him that made him split rather than stick with the, uh, team with the city-crushing mechanical behemoth?"
Garrett: "Yeah, I mean…"
Phyllis: "Nor was the colussus' activation. Quital seemed surprised."
Garrett: "You don't make a 300-foot golem and then get cold feet."
Nicodemus: "You constables certainly have a way of throwing a wrench into the works."
Phyllis: "Us?"
Chandrasekhar: "If I had to guess, 'told him his actual goals'."
Phyllis: "Those happened of their own accord. We stopped those incidents from spiralling out of control."
Nicodemus: "You're always involved, one way or another."
Gerald: "I'm real good at shooting people!"
Chandrasekhar: "Anyways, a word of advice."
Phyllis: "Same to you."
Chandrasekhar: "Plan less. A thousand gears in a delicately-calibrated machine have not nearly the strength of a river coursing through its riverbed, or of the green fuse growing sunward."
Phyllis: "Either that or someone above you does have a master plan."
Phyllis: "And is much better at it?"
Zane: "Actually, is there someone above you in the food chain? A simple yes or no would be fine, I don't expect a name."
Chandrasekhar shakes his head, imperceptibly, watching Nicodemus.
Nicodemus takes one last drag on the cigarette before tossing the stub out the window. "It was a pleasure talking to you, constables. Lya, desolate."
Lya gives a jaunty wave as she says, "desolate." They both disappear in a puff of black smoke and the scent of burnt engine oil.
Phyllis: "Of … course."
Chandrasekhar: "There's nothing you won't shatter, is there-" -he smiles, crookedly.
Gerald: "How come YOU can prepare teleports that fast, Phyllis?"
[OOC] Gerald: can't^
Garrett: "Ha. Damn."
Phyllis: "Gerald, dear."
Phyllis: "Look into this orb for me?"
Gerald: "I mean, uh, dang. They got away."
Gerald‘ ’s head is most definitely not still in the carriage.
Ernst: "… technically not a teleport." He mutters under his breath before calling Stocke and doing some adjustments on it.
Zane: "He bugged out pretty fast on that question, huh."
Garrett: "Yeah. I'm expecting a 'yes,' to be honest."
Chandrasekhar: "Phyllis, old friend. I have a question."
Phyllis: "Yes?"
Garrett: "Don't be surprised when that boss is extraplanar."
Chandrasekhar: "If, hypothetically, someone were capable of doing… the sort of things that you do." He smiles.
Chandrasekhar: "Would you be able to tell?"
Phyllis: "I should hope so." (( Via Arcana checks, right, aleith? )0
Chandrasekhar: "Or would we just have to lock them in a room and tell them they couldn't leave until they'd flipped a hundred coins and they all land heads."
Chandrasekhar: "That would be -very- boring."
Garrett: "No, it'd be great."
Garrett: "You get some of the newer rookies in on it and place bets."
Aleith|DM: You'd have to see what kinda of abilities he actually has, not just talk with him, at least.
Chandrasekhar: "A compelling argument."
Phyllis: "Not on the surface, but after seeing them in action, at least. Or maybe not seeing it, just - "
Chandrasekhar: "Anyways, no. He's in charge."
Phyllis: "There needs to remain some evidence."
Chandrasekhar: "He wishes he weren't, but he is."
Garrett: "Huh, you think?"
Gerald: "You think?"
Chandrasekhar: "I do think."
Garrett‘ exhales.
Garrett: "Good."
Gerald: "He seems more like second in command right hand man material to me."
Ernst: "I agree."
Gerald: "You know, the guy not-in-charge even though he’s basically running the show day to day."
Shantus: "So that's the man Ms. Jierre was really working for instead of Danor? These 'Obscurati' you mentioned?"
Gerald: "Yup!"
Garrett: "Yeah, sorry for only catching you up now on it."
Zane: "Mm."
Chandrasekhar: "Have tea with Governor Stanfield, sometime."
Gerald: "OK but you need to set up the date."
Shantus: "I'd ask about the colossus but he owned up to having it built…"
Chandrasekhar: "Or- well, the alternatives would take a journey to the Court or the deep forests back home."
Aleith|DM: Alright, so, to fast forward things now that you're finished debating with the Obscurati…
Aleith|DM: Ernst and Garrett determine the basic nature of the duplicants: a metal endoskeleton with a metallic shell that takes on the shape of whomever it’s bonded to, linked to a small vial of witchoil in its chest that holds a piece of the bonded person’s soul.
Chandrasekhar: "Look into his eyes. Eventually, you wind up being able to tell an old soul when you see one."
Ernst: "Real talk. I need to find where they're procuring that metal for manufacturing. It's sturdy and I need it for stocke."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis and Zarkava use divination magic to trace the attack for certain back to Isla dolas Focas. They find that the gnolls there have a fleet—sizeable enough to defend their shores, if not enough to truly threaten the Beran navy—so reaching the island will be difficult.
Aleith|DM: Shantus declares war on the Cult of the Steel God and all who reside on Isla dolas Focas for their attack on the Bruse and his guests.
Aleith|DM: Within a week a fleet will be readied to assault the island, with a mission to conquer that land, annex it, and seize whatever facility constructed these duplicants before more can be made.
Aleith|DM: Your mission will be to move on the volcano where divinations reveal the factory producing the duplicants is situated. If Oddcog is likely to be anywhere, it's there.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License