Zg Session 62

Day 4 (Summer 5). You're at mile 132, 14 miles away from your goal. The Rio la Heffa is just ahead, and you'll need to build a bridge, which will take 5 miles-worth of materials (and pay out 5 miles' worth). You're currently sitting at 6 money (including your payment from Nalaam for 'services rendered to the state'), 1 material, and 2 morale.
Aleith|DM: What's the plan?
[OOC] Zane: getting 3 material, 10% chance of mishap. gonna build 2+1 miles today on the bridge.
Zane‘ rolled d20+0 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for 3 or higher
Aleith|DM: You’ve only got 1 material at the moment
[OOC] Zane: well then I guess we're only building 1 mile yay golems and the crew can take it easy. Still ordering 3 for tomorrow I guess
Aleith|DM: Yeah, but it won't show up until tomorrow evening. Tonight, 1 Money in payment and 1 Material arrives from yesterday's order.
Aleith|DM: Day 5. Bridge is 20% done. 4 Money, 1 Material, 2 Morale.
[OOC] Zane: putting another 20% on the bridge, crew can continue to relax yay golems. And tonight the other crews food gets poisoned
Aleith|DM: Just after noon, you get a sending from Surtan Liss: "Help! Bandits are attacking Aigotsura! Come as fast as you can!"
[OOC] Zane: Well shit. How fast is 'as fast as we can'?
[OOC] Zane: how many miles back?
Aleith|DM: 40 miles
Aleith|DM: It's a long ride
[OOC] Phyllis: Portals, potentially?
[OOC] Zane: fuck me running. Can w- yeah that
Aleith|DM: There isn't a teleportation pad in Aigotsura. The closest one is back in Reo Pedresco
Aleith|DM: Which is 88 miles of track away from the staging town
[OOC] Zane: Didn't I send Gerald back to the staging town specifically to keep people from fucking with us? I thought I did…
Aleith|DM: You said 'watch the camp' so I'm not sure if you meant the staging town or the railhead camp.
Aleith|DM: but if that's what you meant…….
Aleith|DM: Gerald, make a Perception check.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+15 and got 17 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: Well, Liss may have jumped the gun a bit as soon as you started firing on them, but that scope of yours let you start picking them off nearly as soon as they appeared on the horizon and picked them out for non-friendlies.
Gerald` can’t imagine that does much good for bandit motivation either. >_>
Aleith|DM: As you guys start packing up horses getting ready to ride out there, you get another sending from the entrepreneur saying that the bandits were chased off by Gerald's amazing shooting.
Zane: "Hell yes. Good job, Gerald."
Aleith|DM: One of Surtan's men relays to Gerald that your fellows said you did good.
Gerald: "Well yeah."
Aleith|DM: Who's heading out to go scare the other camp? Just Garrett?
[OOC] Zane: Garrett on scare duty, and me on poison duty
Aleith|DM: aha
Aleith|DM: Alright, Stealth checks for both of you
Zane‘ rolled d20+18 and got 1 ( Total: 19 )
[OOC] Zane: aw yea
Garrett` rolled 1d20+19 and got 11 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM: It’s a good thing both of you went separate approaches. Garret slips in quietly, but the guards hail Zane again as he approaches.
Zane: ".oO(Fuck. OK…)"
Zane‘ is just gonna double down on Garretts plan, making a bunch of noise about activity among the lizardmen and more rumors of Cheshimox’ curse.
[OOC] Zane: Bluff?
Aleith|DM: Alright. Garrett, make an Bluff check with a +2 bonus from Zane's help.
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+17 and got 11 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: (Assist DC is 16 right now and you can make that with your Intimidate check on a 1….)
[OOC] Zane: aw yea
Aleith|DM: Alright. Play this out for me, but they’re going to lose 2Morale from this.
Garrett‘ darts through, planting sticks with lizard skulls on them in shadowy, untraversed areas, making his way closer to the center of the camp, where his mental broadcast will reach the most people. Sets up a few skulls atop tents, quietly as possible, and lays low next to a laborer’s tent.
Quietly, at first.
Garrett‘ . o O (Cheshimox… Cheshimox… Cheshimox… )
Stirring in a low, sucking-air-through-one’s-teeth, sharpness…
Garrett‘ . o O (Cheshimox… Cheshimox… Cheshimox… )
Zane: "Oh god… Oh GOD!"
Zane: "I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU THEY WERE STIRRING!"
Garrett` aims for a large bonfire, focusing on it with his mind- [The City Comes Alive]
Zane: "RUN NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN!"
The guards and several of the workers start looking around for the source of the sound.
A dragons maw forms from the logs and fire and earth, springing up, grasping and gnashing at the air!
Louder and louder, his mind screams!
Zane` takes off during the distraction. Definitely a solid chance to try and hit the provision stores.
Aleith|DM: A couple of them jump, startled, startled when they notice some of the skulls.
Garrett` . o O ( CHESHIMOX! CHESHIMOX! CHESHIMOX! )
Aleith|DM: And several of them scream at the sight of the dragon’s maw!
Garrett‘ darts about the tent, cutting the support ropes, causing it to collapse, and darts behind the safety of another tent!
Aleith|DM: Guards run to investigate, but can’t find anything!
Garrett‘ pulls one of the half-skulls from his pack, placing it over his face, and attempts to find some isolated sap…
Aleith|DM: Oh dear.
Aleith|DM: There’s a fair bit of chaos going on in the camp now, but even in a couple hundered workers you can find some people off by themselves.
Garrett‘ spits and hisses at one poor soul, his tongue blackened (from some eaten blackberries), and the poor sod goes *whunk* on his ass as Garrett [Acrobat Escapes] away (causing the guy to be Immombilized for a bit), screeching ’CHESHIMOXXXXXX…….' as he vaults backwards into darkness.
Aleith|DM: The poor guys screams in terror.
Aleith|DM: Ernst, in the afternoon while those two are heading over to the other railway company, a couple of the workers come up to and tell you that today's train seems to be 'stuck, and can't move faster than an orc no matter how much they push the engine'.
Garrett‘ keeps to the shadows for now, circling about the camp, watching it progress. Before [The City Comes Alive] wears off, he has the skull twist, flicking its base about, sending the logs and cinders splaying.
Aleith|DM: By the way, Zane, roll for your chance of mishap with tomorrow’s materials
Garrett‘ does continue the Cheshimox mental chant going, because what’s worse than a song you can't get out of your head?
[OOC] Zane: I did! Rolled a 12
Aleith|DM: no, that was yesterday's order
[OOC] Zane: You're killing me, Smalls!!!
Zane‘ rolled d20+0 and got 10 ( Total: 10 )
Aleith|DM: You’re fine.
Ernst frowns. "I'd like to inspect the wheels and undercarriages of each car."
Aleith|DM: Alright. Perception?
Ernst rolled d20+13 and got 17 ( Total: 30.0 )
Aleith|DM: It takes a while to comb through the bottom of each of the cars, but you manage to find immovable rods placed in the undercarriage of three of the cars, which was causing the problems.
Ernst clicks his tongue. There were certainly better ways to go about with sabotage than this. "Problem solved, I suppose?"
Aleith|DM: It takes a bit to get them removed, but the train doesn't end up delayed more than an hour, all total, and won't impact things overall.
Aleith|DM: The train with your 1 Money and 3 Materials comes in an hour later that evening but it wasn't needed until the next day regardless.
Aleith|DM: Day 6. Bridge is 40% complete. You've got 2 Money, 3 Material, and 2 Morale still.
[OOC] Zane: Hm. I think today we push it. 2+1 miles, -1 morale. Finish the bridge and get back on the move
Aleith|DM: Alright.
Aleith|DM: Ordering how much? You should have 3 material arriving tonight.
[OOC] Zane: Just one, that'll give us 4, which is 2 days worth in case of catastrophe. going to try and pre-stock once we get closer to the next bridge, but for now, keeping it simple and low-risk
Aleith|DM: Alright. 1 Money and 3 Material arrives on the evening train.
Aleith|DM: Day 7. 13 miles to go. Currently at 2 Money, 3 Material, and 1 Morale.
[OOC] Zane: laying down 1+1 miles, saving that last piece of Morale for now
Aleith|DM: Ordering how much? 1 or 2?
[OOC] Zane: ordering 2, long as nobody botches the d20 we're good.
Aleith|DM: roll it?
Zane‘ rolled d20+0 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
Aleith|DM: You’re fine
[OOC] Zane: and for the poisoning
Zane‘ rolled d20+18 and got 19 ( Total: 37 )
Aleith|DM: That’s a much better stealth check.
Aleith|DM: What's your poison(s) of choice?
[OOC] Zane: gonna dilute the hell out of some bloodroot poison and greenblood oil. totally not fatal, just going to make them sick and listless, unable to concentrate, feeling like the vitality has just been sapped right out of them…
[OOC] Zane: THE CURSE OF CHESHIMOX ooooooOOOoooooo
Aleith|DM: Alright. Nobody catches you in the middle of the act, either, not even Rush (not that his Perception score is all that great), and he ends up drinking a bit of it too….
Aleith|DM: Intimidate check?
Zane‘ rolled d20+16 and got 9 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: Alright, they lose another 2 Morale……
[OOC] Zane: god damn. I really am gonan have to take out the track to get them out of here. Sorry Damata :(
Aleith|DM: Day 8. 11 miles left. You’ve got 3 money, 2 Material, and 1 Morale.
[OOC] Zane: laying 1+1, ordering 2
Aleith|DM: Roll for mishap
Zane‘ rolled d20+0 and got 10 ( Total: 10 )
[OOC] Zane: and tonight the curse of Cheshimox landslides out a chunk of Damatas track
Aleith|DM: Tonight, your railhead reaches El Fuerte Toro: A military garrison, fort, and walled village. Your railway gets 2 morale.
[OOC] Zane: actually hm, how much can Garrett do with The City Comes Alive? it would be way more sinister if the track embankments and shit just rolled out from under their track >_>
Aleith|DM: That’s actually do-able….
[OOC] Zane: hahaha nice. BOOM there goes as much track as we can reasonably sabotage
Aleith|DM: It'd take him a day to ride out there though.
Garrett‘ rides out there, ready to roll back the track with some worldbending.
[OOC] Zane: s’fine, that lets us time it so that the train gets locked in at the railhead rather than at the supply depot.
[OOC] Zane: so it takes even more time for them to get new supplies
Aleith|DM: Both camps have alternating trains, which is why it takes a couple days for ordered Materials to arrive, yeah. They switch places each day basically…. which would trap them on either side, too…
[OOC] Phyllis: And Phyllis might be able to help with Pathos of the Inanimate, too?
[OOC] Phyllis: probably not to the same extent but
[OOC] Zane: hey if you have stuff to help, I'm all about it!
[OOC] Phyllis: apparently i'm stayin behind <3
[OOC] Zane: sounds legit!
Aleith|DM: Day 9. Mile 137. 9 miles left. You've got 3 Money, 2 Material, and now 3 Morale!
[OOC] Zane: Laying 1+1, ordering 3. saving morale until we really need to slam out that bridge
Aleith|DM: Mishap check.
Zane‘ rolled d20+0 and got 7 ( Total: 7 ) for 3 or better please
Aleith|DM: Alright. That evening, dark clouds appear on the horizon and the temperature begins to drop rapidly. The workers start whispering amongst themselves in fear.
Zane: "Hm. Gonna be some nasty weather…"
Zane: "Phyllis, I don’t suppose your little black book has anything that can break that up before we have to work in it?"
Gerald: "Bound to happen sooner or later."
Zane: "Mm. Better now than when we're working on a bridge, for sure."
Phyllis: "I did not account for this circumstance, no. Or at least nothing so direct as weather control." (( That's on my todo list but it's level 14 :( ))
Gerald: "Yeah."
Zane: "Ah well, nothing to be done then but throw money at it."
[OOC] Zane: time to spend a Money on getting the workers good foul weather gear
Phyllis: "Wonder if I can get a bit creative."
Aleith|DM: Soon after night falls, a cacophony of roars and howls comes from the north.
Gerald: "That's probably too close to be Garrett right?"
Zane: "Mmhmm."
Phyllis: "What exactly is the harm of bad weather when working? Fastidiousness to ward off filth and rain? (But that won't protect them from the cold and other elements.)"
Zane‘ takes a look to the north. God bless darkvision.
Phyllis: "Hell. If anything, we can try some fortune reading and divination. Ask the coins if what you’re planning has the potential for reward. That's your best bet."
Ernst: "So what are we dealing with?"
Gerald: "Generally unsteady and slippery grounds, too. Kind of a pain trying to work when your tools keep slipping out of your hand and your boots keep slipping in mud."
Zane: "I am going to laugh if it is what I think it is."
Aleith|DM: In the distance, you see a few dozen lizardfolk cresting a ridge, and 4 of them atop as rime-coated sled. A pair of barely-visible beats pull the sled, and a giant dragon's skull sits in the middle of the carriage. After they crest the hill, the ghouls charge while the sled seems to glide over the ground with ease.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 34:Priest A | 33:Terrormask A | 33:Terrormask B | 28:Phyllis | 25:Gerald | 24:Ghouls 1-10 | 21:Priest B | 19:Ernst | 19:Garrett | 18:Ghouls 21-30 | 17:Zane | 17:Priest C | 16:Priest D | 14:Ghouls 31-40 | 13:Chandrasekhar | 12:Ghouls 11-20 |
Zane‘ does in fact start laughing.
Gerald: "I don’t get it."
Ernst frowns. "That's. That's a lot of ghouls."
Chandrasekhar: "….ahahahahaha."
Chandrasekhar cracks a grin at Zane and just starts laughing, too.
Zane: "Well, Gerald. Remember we we used fake lizardmen of an undead dragon cult to scare the other team?"
Zane: "Behold, /real/ lizardmen of an undead dragon cult."
Gerald: "Oh are these the real guys?"
Zane‘ gestures grandly.
Gerald: "Okay yeah that’s funny."
Zane: "Indeed. Shoot them please."
Gerald: "Can do!"
Aleith|DM: Alright. Priest A drives the sled closer.
Zane: "Singh. Ghouls?"
Chandrasekhar: "There are, in fact, ghouls."
Chandrasekhar: "Shortly there will not be."
Aleith|DM: And then reaches out a hand towards one of the labourers and clenches it into a fist. The labourer's skin freezes and cracks at the slightest movement. [Freeze Solid; immobilized, vuln 5 all, and takes 10 cold damage if they move or take a standard action UEoNT]
[OOC] Zane: fuckin' rude
Aleith|DM: You hear screams coming from some workers on the other side of the train.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Zane: "Balls. Can you all handle these? I'll go sweep the other side."
Gerald: "Oh they know how to flank, that's unexpected."
Gerald: "Yeah no problem, it's only like… eight of them?"
Zane: "Perfect."
Aleith|DM: Just to be clear, I didn't want to place 40 minion pogs on the off-chance that Chandrasekhar blew them all up so each 'Huge' pog is 10 ghouls…
[OOC] Gerald: that's gerald overestimating relevant targets, obviously
Phyllis steps ahead a bit, places her [Mage's Hand] a bit up front, then looks back at Chandra with a nod. "[Make it so]." [His next attack automatically hits!]
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: I fucking love you
Aleith|DM: Oh. Right. That.
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ dashes up ontop a stack of logs that are sitting there, then pulls out his shotgun at lets off a [Twin Fang Strike] at Priest D after marking it as his [Quarry]
Aleith|DM: Those are actually tents by the way
[OOC] Gerald: oh. uh. ran along side it then i guess
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 3 ( Total: 23 )
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 16 [Total: 36]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 59
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 17 ( Total: 37 )
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 6 [Total: 26]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 63
Aleith|DM: 1 hit, 2 hits!
Gerald` rolled d8+13 and got 3 ( Total: 16 )
d8+13: 3 [Total: 16]
Also rolled 2d8+4 and got 1, 7 [Total: 12]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 44
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 44!
Aleith|DM: Ghouls 1-10 dash closer! [Double Move]
Chandrasekhar: "Hello, friends!"
[OOC] Gerald: Auto Fire procs twice, dealing 5+5 damage to all the Priest, as well.
Aleith|DM: oh, right.
[OOC] Zane: "Can I interest you in the word of our Lady and Martyr? *explosions*"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 10! * 4!
Aleith|DM: Priest B readies an action.
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst moves forward, drops down Stocke and then has him fire off a [Magic Weapon] at Priest D.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 1 ( Total: 20.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 1 [Total: 20.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 40.0, Avg: 1.00
[OOC] Ernst: OK then
Aleith|DM: Misses! Wow.
Gerald: "See!"
Gerald: "Mud! Shit’s awful."
Gerald: "Lookit that little tincan slip around."
Ernst: "I need to install treads or something."
Phyllis: "Should I have prepared Fastidiousness for Stocke?"
Aleith|DM: Ghouls 21-30 move closer! [Double Move]
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Gerald: "I'd probably look into better stabilizers honestly, it'll be more useful in loose ground in general, and help with stairs."
Zane‘ whirls and leaps at the train car, scaling the side effortlessly and hustling across the roof. "Aha!" And terrormask A takes an arrow to the face. [Move, Brute Stance, RBA]
Zane` rolled d20+18 and got 15 ( Total: 33 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33!
Aleith|DM: oh wait, hit!
Zane` rolled 2d8+10 and got 6, 8 ( Total: 24.0 ) for damage, Attack Finesse
Aleith|DM: A three-foot high mask of tanned, stitched-together humanoid faces covers the head of this ghoulish lizardfolk. The faces twitch, their mouths gape in mute moans, and their hollow eyes stare outward, despairing.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 24!
Aleith|DM: Priests C and D hold out there hands, trying to encase Ernst and Gerald in ice! [Freeze Solid]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+18(1) and got 15 ( Total: 33.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 2#d20+18(2) and got 18 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 69.0, Avg: 16.50
Aleith|DM: Both Ernst and Gerald are frozen! [Until the end of the ghoul’s next turn, the target is immobilized, gains vulnerable 5 all, and whenever it takes a move or standard action it takes 10 cold damage.]
Gerald` [Disruptive Shot]s to save Ernst since he can’t save himself.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 6 ( Total: 25 )
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 16 [Total: 35]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 60
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 1d8+13 and got 4 ( Total: 17 ) for +5 to him and the others from autofire and Stocke isn’t hit.
Gerald: "Hhhugh this feels gross."
Aleith|DM: Ernst, actually, not Stocke, but close enough…
Ernst: "If you really need to get out of there I can always swoop you up."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 22! Bloodied!] [5! * 3!
Gerald: "Naw it did something to my body, moving anything other than my mouth's gunna hurt for a bit."
Aleith|DM: Ghouls 31-40 move closer. [Double Move]
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar rushes forward, then closes his eyes and opens them, pouring out the anguish of the memory of Srasama's fall; he shouts a profane expletive, a fractal of his faith, and flames flicker over the muddy field, light in the storm. [Vision of the Fall, autohit]
Aleith|DM: Who's the main target?
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: targeting ghouls 1-10, hitting all of the ghouls and all four priests, I think?
Aleith|DM: Priest B hisses an arcane word and redirect your attack to itself! [Absorb Spell]
Chandrasekhar: "(Behold Her visage, then.)"
Aleith|DM: Roll to check for crit
Aleith|DM: and then roll damage!
Aleith|DM: Vulnerable 10 radiant!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+16 and got 14 ( Total: 30 )
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+8 and got 7, 3 ( Total: 18 ) for fire and radiant damage, each ally of primary target I can see takes 5 fire+radiant damage
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 28!] [15! * 3!] [KO! * 40!
Gerald‘ squints.
Gerald: "I overestimated, there’s only four targets here Zane!"
Zane‘ laughs uproariously.
Aleith|DM: All of the ghouls shriek in pain as they’re consumed in righteous flames!
Zane: "Then I'd better hurry, or you'll all be done before me!"
Gerald: "Damn right!"
Aleith|DM: The workers nearby start running the hell away!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 34:Priest A | 33:Terrormask A | 33:Terrormask B | 28:Phyllis | 25:Gerald | 19:Ernst | 17:Zane | 17:Priest C | 16:Priest D | 14:Priest B | 13:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Priest A drives the sled closer, and has Cheshimox's skull unleash a blast of freezing cold in front of it out 60 feet! [Creatures entering the area or starting their turn there take 20 cold damage.]
Aleith|DM: One of the workers gets caught in the blast along with Ernst, Stocke, and Gerald!
Gerald: "Guuuah."
Aleith|DM: The two terrormasks' flesh fades away until only a ghostly outline remains, and they streak away. [Ghostly Flight]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+18(1) and got 10 ( Total: 28.0 ) for Stealth Checks
Also rolled 2#d20+18(2) and got 20 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 66.0, Avg: 15.00
Zane: "Shit, these ones are sneaky!"
Gerald: "Mine turned us into popcicles."
Phyllis: "Ernst may be able to assist when we can swing back there."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 13 ( Total: 34 ) for CA vs Zane
Aleith|DM: Zane, you can barely see a reptilian smile under B's mask, its tongue flicking excitedly as it pops up beside you. It draws a blade of ice from a satchel and plunges it up through the bottom of your ribs. The ice sticks in your wound and draws your blood into itself, turning to deep crimson as your heart slows toward death. [Sacrifice to Cheshimox]
Aleith|DM rolled 5d6+15 and got 6, 5, 4, 6, 4 ( Total: 40.0 )
Zane: "Ghhhk!"
Aleith|DM: 40 cold damage and ongoing 10 cold (save ends)!
[OOC] Zane: hello literally half my HP in one shot. jesus christ
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Augh D:
[OOC] Phyllis: oh no what's that wall. WHAT'S THAT WALL.
Aleith|DM: Priest C sweeps its spear in an arc, and a wall of icy spears 20 feet high erupts from the ground in front of Phyllis! [Wall of Ice]
Gerald: "Ahahahaha."
Aleith|DM: wait no
Gerald: "Holy shit why are these undead lizards better than most of the people the Ob send after uss, ahaha."
Aleith|DM: that doesn't actually happen yet
Aleith|DM: I skipped turns D:
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
[OOC] Phyllis: YEAH :E
Zane: "Dragons, my man."
Zane: "They didn't fuck around, neither do their servants."
Ernst: "I see that."
Gerald: "They're just lizard folk tho."
Chandrasekhar: "Don't underestimate the lizardfolk. You can't fight for -that- long and not learn how."
Phyllis moves the [Mage Hand] a little further north and follows up with [Mirage Arcana].
Phyllis rolled 4#d20+20(1) and got 15 ( Total: 35.0 ) for Priests A-D, vs Will
Also rolled 4#d20+20(2) and got 11 [Total: 31.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+20(3) and got 1 [Total: 21.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+20(4) and got 6 [Total: 26.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 113.0, Avg: 8.25
Aleith|DM: Hit, hit, miss, hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6+13 and got 1, 6 ( Total: 20.0 ) for Psychic damage! Creates a zone! Dazed, can't see creatures outside of the zone, and can't leave the zone willingly!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20! *3!
Phyllis follows up with [AP->Charm of the Defender] on C.
Aleith|DM: Rude.
Phyllis rolled d20+19 and got 2 ( Total: 21.0 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Phyllis: Slide target 3 squares.
Aleith|DM: off the sled it goes…?
Phyllis: 2 spaces north.
Aleith|DM: It's not down more than 5 feet so there's no save or prone.
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Aleith|DM: wait no
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Aleith|DM: remembered init wrong
Aleith|DM: 25 cold damage from the skull's icy blast!
Gerald: "OK well if I'm dying anyway might as well go all the way, heal me up in a secon Ernst."
Gerald‘ cast [Oak Skin] to make this hurt a little less first, then [Step of Morning Mist]s outside of all the ice, before unloading a [Biting Volley]. First attack on D…
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 3 ( Total: 23 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 1 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 44
[OOC] Gerald: wow lol
Aleith|DM: Well, you teleport outside the ice doing that, so you only take another 15 for the move action….
Aleith|DM: Misses!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 13 ( Total: 33 ) for vs Ref second shot
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 18 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 71
[OOC] Gerald: and crit into quarry, obliterated
Aleith|DM: Oh, yep, that’s gonna kill it for sure. [KO!]
[OOC] Gerald: OH WAIT
[OOC] Gerald: HOLD UP
Aleith|DM: I just removed the pog D:
[OOC] Gerald: That first attack hit, I forgot Daze!
Aleith|DM: +20 without CA???
[OOC] Phyllis: AND anything in the zone has CA
[OOC] Gerald: prime target
Aleith|DM: You guys are terrifying
[OOC] Gerald: so the initial attack + 5 to everything from auto fire killed D…
Aleith|DM: okay so that definitely died and the Crit hits something else…?
[OOC] Gerald: which means I crit B since next lowest HP woulda been my next target
Aleith|DM: B is bloodied!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 5!] [5!] [KO!
Gerald‘ rolled 3d6+37 and got 4, 1, 6 ( Total: 48 ) for +5 to all three as well
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 53!] [5!] [5!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Gerald` also has +5 defenses until next round on top of his 4 DR now.
Gerald` still more’n half dead though. :D
[OOC] Ernst: 20 damage right?
Aleith|DM: yep
Ernst drops a [Resistive Formula] on Stocke and immediately activates it. [+36 THP to Stocke and Gerald, +18 THP to Ernst] He then repositions before dropping a [Punishing Eye] on Zane.
Aleith|DM: Now Zane!
Zane‘ twists to face the now-visible Terrormask B, his left hand snapping up at its face and unleashing a cloud of Ungol Dust before he draw-cuts it across the guts with his katana as he steps back. [Minor: Ki Focus Daily (next attack vs lowest defense), Ungol Dust, AP, MBA, Shift]
Zane` rolled d20+18 and got 20 ( Total: 38 ) for vs Will
[OOC] Zane: OH SHIT SON
Aleith|DM: Crit!
[OOC] Zane: ALL ABOARD THE PAIN TRAIN
Aleith|DM: This sounds like a terrible idea for the Terrormask, yes
Zane` rolled 3d10+82 and got 5, 6, 7 ( Total: 100.0 ) for [Crit dice, maximized brute dice (3d8), Furious Assault (1d8), Attack FInesse (2d8) and poison dice (3d8+10)]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 100! Death Attack = KO!
Zane` burns a line of poison acid dust across the lizards torso and throat that drops it like a hot rock.
Aleith|DM: Priest C stalks up to Gerald before stabbing at him with its [Bone Spear].
[OOC] Zane: AP into shift and then Total Defense, +3 Combat Dice
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 20 ( Total: 36 )
Aleith|DM: Critting for 28 damage!
Aleith|DM: Gerald unfreezes!
Aleith|DM: Priest B reels in place!
Gerald` fires a shot off that messes with its aim at leats a bit. [Defensive Volley] [-10]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 11 ( Total: 11 ) for save
Aleith|DM: But recovers its senses!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Zane` rolled d20+0 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for save vs cold damage
Chandrasekhar teleports across the scary looking ice field [Fey Step], prays for [Virtue], and demands the attention of Priest C! [Castigating Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+19 and got 14 ( Total: 33 ) for vs. AC
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+8 and got 1, 8, 8 ( Total: 25 ) for each enemy within 3 squares is subject to divine sanction UEONT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 25!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 34:Priest A | 33:Terrormask A | 28:Phyllis | 25:Gerald | 19:Ernst | 17:Zane | 17:Priest C | 14:Priest B | 13:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Priest A isn’t sure where to direct the sled too and stares around in consternation!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for save
Aleith|DM: A blade of ice plunges towards Gerald's back. [Sacrifice to Cheshimox]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 15 ( Total: 36 ) for CA
Aleith|DM rolled 5d6+15 and got 5, 1, 2, 1, 2 ( Total: 26.0 )
Aleith|DM: 26 cold damage and ongoing 10 cold!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Gerald: "Oh sure the ONE TIME I'm first to the front lines we fight things that actually know how to land a hit."
Zane: "That one ran from me, but its OK, I killed his friend."
Phyllis steps up and blasts the priests inside the zone with [Color Spray]!
[OOC] Phyllis: Or wait. Hmm.
Phyllis: Not that. [Glib Tongue]. [Mesmeric Hold]. An arcane command to halt the enemies in their tracks. (( This way I can hit ALL THREE. ))
Aleith|DM: Fair
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 3 ( Total: 25.0 ) for CA, Glib Tongue, vs Will - Priest A, Priest B
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 5 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 52.0, Avg: 4.00
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 5 ( Total: 25.0 ) for Glib Tongue, vs Will - Terrormask
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 1 [Total: 21.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 46.0, Avg: 3.00
[OOC] Phyllis: er 1d20
Aleith|DM: Miss, hit, hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6+13 and got 5, 6 ( Total: 24.0 ) for Psychic Damage, Immobilized UEoPNT!
Phyllis: Miss: Slowed UEoPNT.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [24!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ glance to one side, glances to the other.
Gerald` thinks it’s a good thing that [The Man With Two Guns Is God] and he lets off a point blank shot with both ihs rifle and shotgun into the Priest and Terror Mask], after marking the Terror Mask as his [Quarry].
Gerald‘ rolled d20+20 and got 2 ( Total: 22 ) for vs Priest
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 2 ( Total: 22 ) for vs Terror Mask
[OOC] Phyllis: are you counting CA
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 14 [Total: 34]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 56
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
[OOC] Gerald: no
[OOC] Gerald: not that it matters
[OOC] Phyllis: it’s inside Miraga Arcana so you should
Aleith|DM: Neither of them are…?
[OOC] Zane: wrong priest
[OOC] Phyllis: o-oh
[OOC] Phyllis: OH wrong priest
Gerald‘ rolled 3d8+8 and got 6, 8, 8 ( Total: 30 ) for Terror Mask can’t make OAs…
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 30! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Gerald‘ then shifts back away from the Priest…
[OOC] Gerald: not done yet >_>
Aleith|DM: Oh, well then.
Gerald` before [AP} letting off [Attacks On The Run], repositing as he does so to send the beam from his blaster through the terror mask and Priest A.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 7 ( Total: 27 )
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 6 [Total: 26]
Also rolled 2#d20+21(1) and got 7 [Total: 28]
Also rolled 2#d20+21(2) and got 9 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 111
[OOC] Gerald: … +4 to all those
Aleith|DM: I was expecting it to hit all 3 actually….
[OOC] Gerald: oh, yes, you’re right.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 4 ( Total: 27 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 17 [Total: 40]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 67
Aleith|DM: 6 hits!
Gerald` rolled 5d8+13 and got 4, 8, 6, 5, 5 ( Total: 41 ) for to all three
Also rolled 5d8+13 and got 8, 8, 5, 7, 8 [Total: 49]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 90
Gerald: "Fuckers. I’M NEVER CORNERED!"
[OOC] Zane: "Nobody puts squad baby in the corner!"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO! * 3!
Aleith|DM: Alright. You fended off the attack from the Keepers of Cheshimox. The workers cheer!
Chandrasekhar: "Damn."
Ernst glances to his side before patching up Zane and Gerald. Not that they won't have a chance to rest after this. (Too lazy to work out surges.)
Gerald: "That kinda hurt though I'm definitely takin' a nap."
Chandrasekhar: "You're all okay? That was… heh. Actually a challenge. Over fast, though. Suppose they expected that army of ghouls to last a bit longer." He smirks a little.
Phyllis: "… I was expecting that to take a few more shots than it did."
Zane‘ doesn’t say anything, absently stomps the ice knife with all his blood in it before climbing down off the train. He picks up a spike-driving hammer from nearby one of the tents and gets to work on destroying that skull.
Phyllis: "Dear goodness, Gerald."
Gerald‘ spins his shotgun around on his finger. "The blaster… is kind of great? Yeah."
Aleith|DM: This six-foot skull freezes the skin off anyone who touches it. Bone hinges hold its jaw on, and a bone crank can force its maw open, unleashing a blast of frost.
Ernst: "I’m not sure if they finally decided to take us seriously for once."
Zane‘ speaks quietly in Draconic before the hammer descends.
Aleith|DM: The hammer ices up but the skull shatters into many pieces.
Zane` drops the hammer into the shard pile. "I need a drink."
Gerald: "Woah how the hell were they riding that thing if it froze the hammer as the hammer was smashing it."
Ernst: "Mysteries of the world."
Aleith|DM: The skull was mounted on some of the dragon’s bones.
Aleith|DM: The sled has several demonic phrases written on it, some similar to the one engraved on Kvarti's rifle, 'Cry out / for at the end of time / I rise'
Aleith|DM: Garrett, what's your plan?
Garrett‘ ’s plan is to sneak up in the tall grass, reach out with his mind, and twist the track ends straight up and around each other, not unlike tying off a loaf of bread in a plastic bag. In the future. There probably aren't plastic bags in steampunk.
Garrett‘ isn’t going to try to overturn any trains though.
Aleith|DM: Not yet, no. But something like a pretzel, sure.
Aleith|DM: That'll cause a day or two worth of delays until they can sort out that section.
Garrett‘ rides back to camp when his work is done.
Zane` does however keep one fang that he breaks out of the skull.
Aleith|DM: Alright. Works slows down on the Griento half due to low morale, especially when news of the attack from the Keepers of Cheshimox reaches their camp. Damata takes it as an excuse to start focusing on the Selestala Railroad, and not only does your team reach the -4 mile marker first, for that 10 money bonus, but you finish your railway several days ahead of your competition.
Garrett: "Anything interesting happen while I was gone?"
Zane: "Nah."
Zane` just chuckles.
Aleith|DM: You do hear stories of an army of ghoulish lizardfolk from the workers, Garret, getting torn apart in less than a minute by your coworkers. Business as usual.
Garrett: "Oh, ahah, yes, I get it." He winks.
Garrett: "(Was that one of yours, Phyllis? If only I could have seen it.)"
Gerald: "It was real. It kind of hurt."
Garrett: "But what is… ’reality'…"
Phyllis: "What, indeed."
Zane: "Nah I was messing with you. We actually did get jumped by some lizardfolk cultists with the skull of the dragon."
Gerald: "You can only say that 'cause you didn't get speared."
Aleith|DM: Do you guys stick around to see the connection of the railroad, or just head back to the Summer Court to see the Bruse about winning these competitions?
Phyllis: "But no, it was very much real."
Garrett‘ takes in these three testimonies, and glances at Chandrasekhar and Ernst.
Chandrasekhar: "It actually happened. Complete with an army of ghouls. That one didn’t last long." And you can't fake a smile -that- smug, so…
Ernst: "Regardless of what I say you aren't going to believe me, so…"
Garrett‘ rocks back and forth on his heels… and then snorts. Snickers.
Garrett` tries and fails to stifle a giggle.
Zane: "Right?!"
Garrett: "Oh… ohoho.. what are the odds…?"
Phyllis: "I’ll go and stand in a circle of fire that the courts here have and confess to the very same."
Garrett‘ converts to outright laughter.
Zane` passes Garrett a drink. "Here’s to being entirely too good at our job."
Garrett: "Couldn't have happened better if it was authored." He clinks drinks, toasts, and drinks.
Chandrasekhar grins. "Right? Zane and I needed -several- moments before the fight got serious."
Phyllis: "'If it was authored.' Heh."
Phyllis: "It just might have been. I have a few thoughts on that."
Chandrasekhar: "Oh?"
Garrett: "Oh yeah?"
Phyllis waves a hand. "I can pontificate later."
Phyllis: "We've a railroad to see finished and a victory to claim."
Garrett‘ nods. "I’m up for both those things. Fizzy drinks and then more fizzy drinks at the victory party in the palace."
Chandrasekhar: "Such a tease."
Chandrasekhar: "I suppose I've chanted about the virtue of patience too often to -not- fold my legs and sit in the audience for once, though."
Back on Day 7 (Summer 8), during the morning Melissa Amarie arranges for Zane to come give his speech to the people of the Panopoly during their weekly Civilized Progressive Rallies. While you're there, people cheer you on after they've read a few articles Melissa's already written about you: regarding your performance in the Adulthood Test, arranging the deal with Adalil de Guerra, and your work with Liss Rail Construction.
Aleith|DM: After 4 more days you manage to complete your half of the railway, and Phyllis receives a sending the next day from vizier Karkava summoning you all back to the summer court for the conclusion of the competition.
Phyllis: "On our way."
Phyllis: Another Linked Portal will probably do?
Aleith|DM: Yep.
Aleith|DM: It's a several hour ride again from the capital to the court, but you've got enough time to get there by evening again

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License