Zg Session 55

Early Afternoon, Summer 1st
You've just left the courthouse after preventing Brakken of Heffanita from being severely punished for his inborn telepathic talents, and although Executore Glaucia has asked no one to call the ambassador out on that fact, the cat's still out of the bag.
The Executore has offered to travel with you and Brakken to the Bruse's Summer Court to the north, but you still have something to check out: asking Melissa Amarie about her information regarding the Obscurati runaway, Tinker Oddcog.
Aleith|DM: You declined Glaucia's offer for her residence's location. How are you planning to find her?
Ernst looked glad to get out of that place, that's for sure. He stretches before mostly glancing at Zane.
Garrett: "Look up the newspaper, ask for an interview."
Garrett: "Easy enough, right?"
[OOC] Zane: thats the reporter, yes? We'll just go to the main office of the paper
Zane nods at Garrett. "Yeah, it'll be much less terrifying if our motley crew shows up in a public place with witnesses rather than going to her home."
Garrett: "I guess given our composition, we -are- slightly out of place."
Zane: "Little bit, yeah."
Aleith|DM: Sounds like you're in agreement there. With a bit of asking around, you're directed to the office of the Seobriga Journal, not too far from the central square.
Aleith|DM: The secretary at the front desk asks about your business
Zane: "Looking for Ms. Amarie, if she has a few minutes to spare."
Chandrasekhar: "Psh. We're in Ber, there is no 'out of place'. But I'll grant that if there were, we'd be it."
[OOC] Garrett: "We're a foreign royal investigation group looking for one of your reporters over something they wrote," stern brow and frown
Secretary: "Ah, Ms. Amarie? She's a freelancer, so she doesn't have an office here. Is there something you wished to speak with her about?"
[OOC] Zane: lawl
Zane: "Her piece on Oddcog. We share a common interest in him, it seems."
Phyllis: "… There's always Sending. Yes?"
Zane: "Patience, Phyllis. First we assure the nice lady we're on the up and up, and then hopefully she puts us in touch with her freelance writer."
Secretary: "Huh. Someone else was asking about her yesterday, and that was even before that article was published. I can direct you to her home if you like…?"
Ernst scratches his head at the comment.
Secretary: "We can send a runner ahead to let her know you're coming beforehand, if you prefer."
Zane: "Well, assuming she wouldn't be put off by sudden visitors. That would be lovely."
Secretary: "Well, she might ask for a favour in return, but I don't think she'll take the interest poorly."
Zane: "Perfect."
The secretary provides you directions to her residence, several blocks away.
Gerald‘ shrugs in Ernst’s direction.
Zane: "Thank you so much. Does your runner need a head start?"
Chandrasekhar frowns. That's a good sign they'll find a body and not a reporter, but hopefully not.
Secretary: "Not much." She calls someone over, gives them a short message, and the goblin runs off ahead of you.
Zane smiles and nods. "Thank you, we'll be on our way."
Zane nods at the others and heads out. "Well, balls. Hopefully she's still alright."
Garrett: "Even if she's dead, we can still ask her a few things…"
Aleith|DM: The journalist's residence is a large mansion: a hundred feet wide, twenty feet tall, with a spire rising another 60 feet above the large double-doors. It doesn't look out of place in the city though, since everything's built overly-large.
Garrett‘ clears his throat. "…just looking on the bright side."
Zane: "Mm."
Gerald: "Uh."
Garrett: "Fuck me, how much does the paper pay for an article around here?"
Gerald: "The fuck kind of freelance journalist lives in mansion? I dont’ think the pay is THAT good."
Chandrasekhar gives Garrett a Look, then ambles up and knocks? That's what you do, right? It's just a house, gosh.
Zane: "Remember, a lot of this was built by dragons. Stop thinking on your scale."
Aleith|DM: A male goliath answers the door. "Hi there. Can I help you folks?"
Garrett‘ looks at Zane, looks back at the mansion.
Garrett: "Okay."
Garrett: "Fuck me, how much do dragons pay for an article around here?"
Phyllis looks up at Zane. "What does a dragon need with doors?"
Zane: "We repurposed it, of course. After we killed them all."
Ernst: "Thinking of a change in career?" He smirks.
Chandrasekhar: "We’d like to speak to Ms. Amarie. Is she in?"
Zane looks at Garrett. "Nothing. Because we killed them all."
Goliath: "Oh, yeah. Some of the others're just debating about whether they want to join today's protest or not. Come on in."
Garrett‘ shakes his head.
Chandrasekhar looks /visibly/ relieved and follows the goliath in.
As he leads you inside, you can see a couple dozen other people scattered around the residence, which is fairly open with a large courtyard in the middle.
Garrett: "Oh, subletting."
Gerald: "Ooh."
Chandrasekhar: "Haven’t any of you ever- well, no, I guess you haven't."
Gerald: "More communal apartments, that makes more sense. Okay."
Zane: "Waste not want not."
Garrett: "Last time I did that we lived in the Actual Woods, so I mean…"
The goliath walks towards several people in the midst of a discussion, including a couple of orcs, a female and a bespectacled male. The female one is saying she doesn't want to go join the protest, but the male one is saying she has a role to play in eliminating ignorance and spreading knowledge.
The goliath clears his throat, and says, "Melissa, there's some people here to speak with you."
The female orc looks up. "Ah, guests? I'm Melissa Amarie. What can I help you with?"
Zane smiles. "Your piece on Oddcog, actually."
Melissa: "You too? I'm starting to think I must be popular."
Garrett‘ nods along. "It was a solid article."
Zane laughs. "He’s definitely a figure of widespread interest, at least."
Melissa: "At least you showed up after the article was published."
Phyllis: "Who showed up before?"
Zane: "The secretary at the office mentioned we were second in line."
Melissa: "A tiefling accompanied by a half-orc and a half-elf. Lya, I think her name was."
Gerald: "FFFFfffuuuuck."
Chandrasekhar snorts.
Ernst chews at his lip. "Huh."
Melissa: "Found me at the winehouse last night, asking about the gnome."
Garrett‘ can’t help but have a grin grow across his face.
Zane: "Oh boy."
Chandrasekhar: "She certainly didn't waste any time."
Melissa: "Hey…you're those cops from Risur, right? The ones that helped stop that giant machine, right? The 'colossus'? Hmmm, wait, they call you 'constables', right?"
Zane: "Yes… but we'd rather that not get spread around."
Melissa: "I read up about you while digging into Oddcog's past."
Ernst: "That saves some time, I guess."
Melissa: "You're the son of one of the Executore's, right?"
Garrett: "All good things, I hope."
Melissa: "Zane…Biento?" She's talking a bit quieter, though.
Zane nods. "Mm. Myself."
Phyllis: "Don't stick your nose -too- deeply where it doesn't belong." She smiles coyly.
Zane: "Bieito, but close enough."
Chandrasekhar: "(Said Phyllis.)"
Phyllis swats Chandra on the leg.
Chandrasekhar grins.
Melissa: "Sorry, sorry. Too much info to keep track up. Hey, is there any chance I could get you to speak at next week's Civilized Progressive Rally? We'd appreciate the help."
Zane: "If I am still in town, certainly." A small smile. "I love my job, but I am still a sone of Ber."
Gerald: "Uh… you did research on us, right? Generally speaking I would probably describe us as, uh, Pro Violence which… seems… sort of at odds?"
Phyllis: "Not … uniformly so, Gerald."
Melissa: "You could talk about what you've seen and learned in Risur. That'd be great! You mind if we get some portraits set up of you around the city to promote it? We're looking to entice more soldiers into joining the movement, so if you could speak about something like that… We can even cover transportation costs if you're still somewhat around."
Chandrasekhar: "Ber didn't win its freedom from the dragons by -not- using violence."
Zane nods. "I would be happy to do this."
Zane laughs at Gerald. "We are very pro violence, as long as it is properly applied and morally correct."
Melissa: "Great!" She reaches out to grasp Zane's hand in both of her own. "I look forward to working with you!"
Gerald: "Oh, okay."
Garrett: "That's the only kind he knows," he says, nodding towards Gerald.
Melissa clears her throat. "Well, back to my end of things. You want to know more of the info I dug up on Oddcog, right?"
Phyllis: "So the demolitions exhibition at the Theater of Scoundrels…"
Zane shakes her hand. "The pleasure is all mine. To cut to the hard of things, yes. We would like to know what you know."
Zane bares his teeth at Phyllis. "Morally justified in the extreme."
Melissa: "First off, I heard that Tinker carries a metal orb with him everywhere he goes, though I couldn't find out what it was."
Melissa: "Oh, that explosion was your idea? A little severe, but it fits with your Executore background. Probably could mention that in there."
Zane shrugs. "I haven't had time to illustate the followup, where I place a monument to the fallen there."
Melissa: "From the people I interviewed, those who interacted with Oddcog found he was simply happy to be given tasks to solve, not that he was particularly wedded to the idea of working for Ber."
Zane nods.
Melissa: "And I heard from someone at the court that Shantus is receiving a lot of complaints about the gnome from the soldiers at whatever facility he's hidden in."
Phyllis: "What are the nature of the complaints?"
Melissa: "Don't have much in the way of details, but it sounds like he's a bit hard to work with. One of those eccentric-types."
Garrett: "Interesting. Have they let him out at all?"
Phyllis: "We know someone else that disappeared the day of the colossus' appearance, yes?"
Melissa: "He's visited several other military facilities, but I'm not sure which one is the main one he's staying at."
Zane: "Well, perhaps we can find out from the Bruse."
Melissa: "Lya and her friends were dressed for state business by the way, so I think she was planning to head to the Summer Court to speak with Bruse Shantus about the gnome. Much like yourselves, I'm guessing."
Zane smiles. "Don't miss much, do you?"
Phyllis: "Yeah. Her presence … does not surprise us."
Zane: "She is not, let us say, working along the same lines we are."
Zane: "Is there anything else you can give us on Oddcog? Even the littlest detail could be important."
Melissa: "I think that's about it-" Suddenly, the courtyard around you plunges into darkness.
Aleith|DM: Surprise round! Garrett is not surprised!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 30:Skulk G | 30:Rush | 28:Ambush Mage | 25:Skulk H | 23:Skulk F | 22:Garrett | 22:Skulk C | 20:Skulk D | 20:Skulk E | 19:Skulk A | 16:Skulk B |
Garrett‘ alerts his friends with telepathy! . o O (We’re being ambushed!)
Gerald: "No shit."
[OOC] Garrett: aleith gave me a heads up before he called init
[OOC] Garrett: so I was trying to get it out beforehand
Chandrasekhar: "!"
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Gerald‘ sighs, mentally recalling the general sizes, shapes and positions of where people he SHOULDN’T shoot were.
Aleith|DM: Zane, of course, can see perfectly fine in this, now….
Aleith|DM: One standard action, Garrett
Aleith|DM: Not that you can see right now…
Garrett‘ waves a hand, and the concrete to his right reaches up with newly-formed grasping arms! [The City Comes Alive]
[OOC] Garrett: er, well, the west.
[OOC] Garrett: attempting to hit A B C and Rush
Aleith|DM: You can hit A and B, or B and C, along with Rush (area burst 2)
Garrett` rolled 3#1d20+20(1) and got 1 ( Total: 21 ) for vs Ref, B C Rush, have B and C gone yet do I get first strike
Also rolled 3#1d20+20(2) and got 5 [Total: 25]
Also rolled 3#1d20+20(3) and got 5 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 71
Aleith|DM: They haven’t because they're still on the roof
Aleith|DM: but you have enough range to still hit them
Aleith|DM: Misses!
[OOC] Garrett: +2 against B and C though that still misses rush
Aleith|DM: oh, just barely hits them then
Garrett‘ rolled 2d6+9 and got 2, 2 ( Total: 13 ) for slide 3 off the roof, roll a save aleith
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20(1) and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for B, C
Also rolled 2#d20(2) and got 14 [Total: 14 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 33, Avg: 16.50
Aleith|DM: Both fall prone on the roof.
Garrett` rolled 3d8 and got 1, 4, 5 ( Total: 10 ) for bonus sneak against B
Aleith|DM: oh wait that only hits one
Aleith|DM: because it was B, C, Rush
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 23!
[OOC] Garrett: ok sneak on C then
Aleith|DM: Skulk C stands up from prone while the other skulks slide down to the ground.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 30:Skulk G | 30:Rush | 28:Ambush Mage | 25:Skulk H | 23:Skulk F | 22:Garrett | 22:Phyllis | 22:Skulk C | 21:Chandrasekhar | 21:Zane | 20:Skulk D | 20:Skulk E | 19:Skulk A | 18:Ernst | 18:Gerald | 16:Skulk B |
Aleith|DM: Skulk G strikes at Phyllis with his shortsword!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 6 ( Total: 26 ) for CA
Aleith|DM: …barely missing.
Aleith|DM: The half-elf moves up and casually pokes a button on one of his two platinum rods, and it stretches out to a length of eight feet as he pokes it into Chandrasekhar! [Extensible Rod]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+21 and got 7 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: But the eladrin manages to dodge!
Aleith|DM: The ambush mage sweeps her orb, and insubstantial black tendrils reach up from the ground and snare Ernst. [Shadow Tentacles]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 15 ( Total: 33 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+10 and got 4, 5, 2 ( Total: 21.0 )
Ernst glances down at his feet. "… annoying."
Aleith|DM: 21 necrotic damage, and Ernst is weakened and immobilized! [Save ends both]
Aleith|DM: Shulks H and F go for Gerald and Garrett!
Gerald: "Hm?"
Garrett` kicks off from the ground and tumbles away! [Immediate Interrupt - Acrobat’s Escape]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 5 ( Total: 25.0 )
Aleith|DM: Missing Gerald!
Gerald: "Alright guys."
Aleith|DM: Skulk F throws out a hand and a thread of shadow pierces Garrett! [Shadow Snare]
Gerald: "Let me give you a real quick lesson about battlefield tactics."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 11 ( Total: 29 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+10 and got 5, 8 ( Total: 23.0 )
Gerald: "If you can't see in darkness? Maybe don't start an ambush by creating a field of darkness you yourself need to walk into."
Chandrasekhar snickers.
Ernst: "Not sure if we should be giving them tips, Gerald."
Aleith|DM: 23 damage to Garrett, and he's pulled 2 squares closer!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Gerald: "This is fucking embarassing." Gerald points his shotgun in the direciton of that attack flying at Garrent and deflects part of it with a slug. [Defensive Volley] [-10 DMG]
Zane: "Addendum: Some of us *can* see in darkness."
Gerald: "Right I'm sassing them, not you."
Gerald: "You're almost certainly going to hurt someone when you swing."
Zane: "Right I'm saying 'they chose even more poorly than you thought'."
Gerald: "Ah, right."
Garrett‘ waits a second. "Chandra, can you…" He makes a flicking motion with his hand, remembers it’s dark, sighs, and goes "-turn on a light?" [Hold Action Until Chandra's Turn]
Chandrasekhar: "I certainly can."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis does so, just so -she- can see. [Light - on herself] Upon making out the skulks to the right of her, she exclaims, "Oh. Hello." and emits an even brighter and more scintillating [Color Spray] at the group. (( Also shift left one before that ))
Phyllis rolled 4#d20+18(1) and got 14 ( Total: 32.0 ) for vs Will
Also rolled 4#d20+18(2) and got 20 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+18(3) and got 4 [Total: 22.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+18(4) and got 8 [Total: 26.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 118.0, Avg: 11.50
Aleith|DM: Hit, crit, miss, hit!
Phyllis rolled d6+10 and got 5 ( Total: 15.0 ) for noncrit, dazed UEoPNT
Phyllis rolled 3d6+16 and got 4, 1, 3 ( Total: 24.0 ) for crit
Gerald: "Zane I assume you got the only asshole that looks like a threat under control and I'm helping Phyllis thin out the crowd?"
[OOC] Phyllis: also, radiant damage if it matters
Zane: "Mmhmm."
Aleith|DM: Not particularly.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!] [24!] [Miss!] [15!
Phyllis also now sheds light within a 4-square radius.
Aleith|DM: Point of Order, F is not dazed.
[OOC] Phyllis: correct yes, my bad! just kinda autopiloted
Aleith|DM: Skulk C slides down the rope and sends a [Shadow Snare] towards Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 16 ( Total: 36 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+10 and got 5, 1 ( Total: 16.0 )
Aleith|DM: You hear a mechanical action as spikes extend into your flesh. [16!] He yanks back to drag you towards him.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar steps behind Munchausen, raises his sword high in the air, invoking the light of the Goddess. (Or, just, the fancy shiny enchantment on his sword. And to get more into -that- would involve a 3 AM rambling conversation with Phyllis about philosophy.) [Shift][Activate Sunblade][Castigating Strike v. Rush]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+19 and got 18 ( Total: 37 ) for v AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Aleith|DM: Everything in the field is now Dimly Lit [-2 to attack rolls for those without Low-Light Vision or Darkvision]
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+8 and got 8, 3, 3 ( Total: 22 ) for divine sanction on Rush, A, B, and C
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 22!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ moves up behind Rush and aims for a rabbit blow. [Knockout]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+22 and got 8 ( Total: 30 ) for vs Fort
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 2d4+18 and got 2, 4 ( Total: 24 ) for vuln 5 cold
Also rolled 3d8 and got 6, 7, 2 [Total: 15]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 39
Garrett: "Zane, all yours." [Unconsious, save or damage ends]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 39!] Your attack hits him solidly, but he seems to be too busy cursing at you to notice. [Liberating Vulgarity - He ignores that condition until the end of his next turn.
Garrett: "…or not. How resilient."
Zane smiles. "He’s all mine anyway."
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane puts a hand on Melissas shoulder, pressing her down. "Duck, please." And then his other hand whips forward, hurling a small pellet torward Rush. [Ungol Dust]
Aleith|DM: She obliges, giving a yelp.
Zane rolled d20+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 ) for vs Reflex
[OOC] Zane: sigh
[OOC] Zane: its good to be back
Ernst: "You know, you were kind of asking for that after making the night vision comment."
Aleith|DM: Half damage on miss!
Zane: "I know where you sleep, Ernst."
Zane rolled 3d8+10,50% and got 4, 1, 4 ( Total: 9.5 )
[OOC] Zane: and ongoing 5 acid!
[OOC] Zane: I think
[OOC] Zane: yes, ongoing 5 even on a miss
Aleith|DM: Yep. [9!]
Aleith|DM: The half-elf is still swearing when he disappears from your midst. [Bloodied!]
Zane: "Hmph."
Aleith|DM: And the sound cuts off when he disappears.
Aleith|DM: Skulk A moves forward, striking at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 6 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: Dealing 24 damage!
Aleith|DM: Skulks D and E charge Zane and Phyllis!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 14 ( Total: 33.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 19 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 71.0, Avg: 16.50
Aleith|DM rolled 2#3d6+10(1) and got 4, 4, 1 ( Total: 19.0 )
Also rolled 2#3d6+10(2) and got 2, 4, 4 [Total: 20.0 (Low), Avg: 3.33]
Total: 39.0, Avg: 3.17
Aleith|DM: Hitting Zane for 19 and Phyllis for 20 damage each!
Aleith|DM: Ernst? Gerald?
Ernst fires an [Energy Conversion] Phyllis's way. [Reduce the damage by 9, gain 15 THP after.]
Gerald: "Hah."
Phyllis: "I forget that's always an option."
Gerald: "Ernst they think they have me cornered. That's funny."
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Did… it not have to roll to-hit for me
Aleith|DM: whoops
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+10 and got 6, 1, 6 ( Total: 23.0 )
[OOC] Garrett: hits on a 24?????????
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: did it actually hit me with a 24?
Aleith|DM: …..
Aleith|DM: wait no
[OOC] Phyllis: also what, hit on a 24?
Gerald: "After you buddy."
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: yeahh I thought not.
[OOC] Phyllis: ahaha yeah
Ernst places Stocke down [Minor], tosses a [Punishing Eye] on the field [Standard] and then enchants Geralds weapon. [Fleeting Dweomer - Do an extra 5 [Pick an element] damage until end of encounter. If you crit target gets ongoing 10 (save ends) as well.] Finally he tosses a [Resistive Formula - Free action] down on Zane before immediately expending it. [Zane and Garrett gain 36 THP, Ernst gains 18 THP]
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: who sucks at mechanics NOW motherfuckers.
Ernst rolled d20 and got 16 ( Total: 16 ) for Save
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ [Shift]s to the side a bit, marks Skulk E as his [Quarry] then grins, because [The Man With Two Guns Is God]. Shotgun blaster at E first -
Gerald` rolled d20+19 and got 9 ( Total: 28 )
Gerald` rolled d20+19 and got 11 ( Total: 30 )
Gerald` rolled 4d8+13 and got 2, 8, 2, 4 ( Total: 29 )
Aleith|DM: Hits!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 29!
[OOC] Gerald: +10 Force Damage to Skulk E, D and G from Auto Fire
[OOC] Ernst: Eye damage and dweomor damage
Aleith|DM: is either of that included?
[OOC] Gerald: Deweo is, eye isn’t forgot that so 5 more
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: dear god
Gerald: - Then swings his rifle around his body while taking a rifle shot at Sklulk D.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+20 and got 18 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM: Make that [44! KO!] [15!] [10!]
Gerald` rolled 2d10+18 and got 1, 3 ( Total: 22 ) for can’t make OA attacks until the end of my next turn.
Gerald‘ rolled d10 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
[OOC] Gerald: 26 not 22 forgot brutal command
Aleith|DM: is that including autofire
[OOC] Gerald: no autofire since that one wasn’t a blaster attack :(
Aleith|DM: ah right
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 28!] ((22+6 = 28))
Aleith|DM: Skulk B slashes at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 19 ( Total: 37 )
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+10 and got 2, 6, 6 ( Total: 24.0 )
Aleith|DM: This one actually hits for 24 damage!
Aleith|DM: Bystanders in the courtyard, including Melissa, start heading for the door to the south!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 30:Skulk G | 30:Rush | 28:Ambush Mage | 23:Skulk F | 22:Phyllis | 22:Skulk C | 21:Chandrasekhar | 21:Garrett | 21:Zane | 20:Skulk D | 20:Skulk E | 19:Skulk A | 18:Ernst | 18:Gerald | 16:Skulk B |
Aleith|DM: Skulk G sends a Shadow Snare at Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 3 ( Total: 21 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+2 and got 1 ( Total: 3 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+2 and got 4 ( Total: 6 )
Aleith|DM: The Ambush Mage sends [Shadow Tentacles] to attack Phyllis!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 6 ( Total: 22 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Skulk F slashes at Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 1 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis shifts one northwest, conjures her [Mage Hand] between F and H, and glares at D, F, and G with an emerald, hypnotic glow to her eyes. [Mesmeric Hold]
Phyllis rolled 3#d20+20(1) and got 6 ( Total: 26.0 ) for vs Will, CA in various forms
Also rolled 3#d20+20(2) and got 2 [Total: 22.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+20(3) and got 16 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 84.0, Avg: 8.00
Phyllis rolled 2d6+13 and got 3, 3 ( Total: 19.0 ) for psychic damage, immobilized UEoPNT
[OOC] Phyllis: +Eye to whatever is actually in the field and was hit
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [Miss!] [19!
Aleith|DM: Skulk C stabs at Chandrasekhar
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 12 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+10 and got 6, 4, 1 ( Total: 21.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 21!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Garrett! Zane!
Zane: "I got north."
Garrett: "I'll tend to the garden, then."
Chandrasekhar re-applies the challenge with [Call of Challenge] and slams his sword against his shield! [Astral Thunder]
Chandrasekhar rolled 3#d20+16(1) and got 1 ( Total: 17 ) for vs. Fort
Also rolled 3#d20+16(2) and got 19 [Total: 35]
Also rolled 3#d20+16(3) and got 11 [Total: 27]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 79
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+7 and got 3, 5 ( Total: 15 ) for -3 attack penalty UEONT
Aleith|DM: Miss, hit, hit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15! * 2!
Aleith|DM: C is bloodied!
Zane sidesteps and smoothly draws his bow, bending the arms to full extension before firing. [Brute Stance, RBA]
Zane rolled d20+18 and got 15 ( Total: 33 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 7d8+10 and got 4, 2, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8 ( Total: 41.0 ) for [damage, furious assault, Attack Finesse, Brute Stance damage dice, Assassin Strike]
Also rolled 4d10 and got 3, 8, 2, 6 [Total: 19 (Low), Avg: 4.75]
Total: 60.0, Avg: 4.55
Aleith|DM: Which target?
[OOC] Zane: Oh! the Ambush Mage
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 60! Bloodied!
Garrett‘ slips behind Skulk C and slices at their knees. [Move] [Minor - Low Slash]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+22 and got 19 ( Total: 41 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+18 and got 3 ( Total: 21 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 8, 2, 2 [Total: 12]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 33
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Garrett` then steps faster than light, which is kind of easy in this darkness, behind Skulk B, and stabs it in the back! [Vaulting charge]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+22 and got 8 ( Total: 30 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 3d4+18 and got 2, 2, 2 ( Total: 24 ) for +6 AC UEoNT
[OOC] Ernst: +5 Eye damage?
[OOC] Garrett: ah yeah it is in the eye, +5
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 29! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Skulk A slashes at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 3 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Gerald!
Ernst has stocke waddle into opportunity attack range before it fires a [GMW] at the Ambush Mage.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 20 ( Total: 42.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 7 [Total: 29.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 71.0, Avg: 13.50
Aleith|DM: Skulk H moves in and slashes at Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 6 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Gerald` [Disruptive Shot] since no other enemies haven’t acted yet anyway.
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 20 ( Total: 39 )
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 11 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 69
Aleith|DM: hit, crit!
[OOC] Ernst: Ongoing 10 force damage (save ends)
Aleith|DM: wait one of Ernst’s was a crit too
[OOC] Ernst: I just do max damage with my shotgun I don't get bonus dice.
Aleith|DM: Which is…?
[OOC] Ernst: I was letting him resolve first since it happened first.
Aleith|DM: ah
[OOC] Ernst: 34 DMG] +5 to hit, +4 dmg, Brutal 1 to Zane, Ernst, Phyllis, Gerald
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 34!] to the Ambush Mage!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+18(1) and got 5 ( Total: 23.0 ) for OAs to Stocke from F and H
Also rolled 2#d20+18(2) and got 4 [Total: 22.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 45.0, Avg: 4.50
Aleith|DM: both missing anyway…….
Gerald‘ rolled 3d6+47 and got 6, 1, 5 ( Total: 59 ) for then 5 more to H and F
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [5!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 7 ( Total: 25 ) for OA from F on the interrupt
Aleith|DM: Missed anyway.
Aleith|DM: Gerald’s actual turn!
Gerald‘ then takes his Actual Turn, which consists of marking Sklulk F as his [Quarry], [Shift]ing back slightly, then letting off a [Biting Volley] again the Ambush Mage and Skulk F.
[OOC] Ernst: You have eye(+5), GMW (+5/+4) and Dweomor (+5) btw
Gerald` rolled 2d20+19 and got 13, 18 ( Total: 50 ) for vs Ref Mage
[OOC] Gerald: opps thta parsed badely but crit so w/e
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 10 ( Total: 29 ) for vs Ref Skulk
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 18 [Total: 37]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 66
[OOC] Gerald: That uh… does more than enough damage to completely obliterate both targets, Skulker G takes 5 autofire damage.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [5!
Aleith|DM: Skulk B shifts, then stabs at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 2 ( Total: 17 )
Ernst finishes him off with a [Shocking Feedback]
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 30:Skulk G | 28:Ambush Mage | 22:Phyllis | 21:Chandrasekhar | 21:Garrett | 21:Zane | 19:Skulk A | 18:Ernst | 18:Gerald | 16:Skulk B |
[OOC] Ernst: Oh wait.
[OOC] Ernst: Nvm I forgot you said I didn’t get a reaction
Aleith|DM: you do when it's not your turn…
Ernst rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 13 ( Total: 32.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 1 [Total: 20.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 52.0, Avg: 7.00
[OOC] Ernst: It's dead then
Aleith|DM: It has to hit and deal damage for the trigger
Aleith|DM: Skulk G moves around and stabs at Ernst!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 16 ( Total: 34 )
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+10 and got 1, 6, 4 ( Total: 21.0 )
Ernst uses that roll to shocking feedback that guy instead, then.
Aleith|DM: Can't for attacks against yourself. 21 damage!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Aleith|DM: I guess you can from Stocke…. [KO!]
Gerald‘ glances over to the side.
Gerald: "Oh you aren’t done yet Garrett?"
Garrett: "Neither are you?"
Gerald: "My side's totally down!"
Garrett: "You had Stocke helping, that so doesn't count."
Gerald: "Point."
Phyllis re-conjures her [Mage Hand] near the remaining two and hits the worse-looking skulk with an illusion of some sort. Like a portal opening up and a comet hitting them square in the face. [Illusory Ambush]
Phyllis rolled d20+20 and got 12 ( Total: 32.0 ) for vs Will
Phyllis rolled d6+13+5 and got 3 ( Total: 21.0 ) for psychic + eye
[OOC] Ernst: GMW
[OOC] Phyllis: overkill at his point
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Garrett! Zane!
[OOC] Phyllis: "It's time for an all out attack!"
Garrett‘ smoothly slinks into an attack. [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+22 and got 10 ( Total: 32 )
Garrett` rolled 1d4+22 and got 3 ( Total: 25 ) for vuln 5 cold
Also rolled 3d8 and got 1, 8, 4 [Total: 13]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 38
Chandrasekhar [Valorous Smite]s the remaining skulker, dismissively.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+19 and got 16 ( Total: 35 ) for v. AC
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+8 and got 8, 2 ( Total: 18 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
Zane pops the last Skulk with an arrow! [RBA]
Zane rolled d20+18 and got 18 ( Total: 36 )
Zane rolled 3d8+10 and got 2, 5, 7 ( Total: 24.0 )
[OOC] Zane: Close Enough
Aleith|DM: Hmmm right that did increase to 20. [KO!]
Gerald: "Well, good to know the random thugs aren’t any smarter outside of Risur."
Zane: "New city, same bosses."
Garrett: "Well I mean, they sure weren't random."
Chandrasekhar: "Hit a bit harder, though." He dusts himself off a bit. "Now, were they here for us or her, I wonder."
Melissa calls out, "are they all, err, dealth with?"
Gerald‘ spins his blaster around on his finger before holstering it.
Zane: "Us. She was the bait."
Phyllis extinguishes her light. "For now, yes."
Gerald: "Yeah, it’s all good now!"
Phyllis glances around. "As far as we can tell."
Zane: "Apologies for bringing this disturbance to your house."
Melissa comes back out to take a look while some of the others start tying up those downed.
Ernst gets to healing everyone back up to full. Chandra first, the others if we have another 5 minutes after that.
Melissa: "Well, that half-elf was certainly familiar-looking. He was one of the two with Lya last night. That birthmark on his face is pretty distinguishable."
Garrett: "Suffice to say, they're bad news."
Zane: "Mm, we're not on the best of terms with his boss."
Melissa: "I wouldn't have thought that last night, but I'm starting to get that idea."
Chandrasekhar: "Ah, good to know. Not surprised, we've seen similar tactics before."
Gerald: "Wait."
Gerald: "That Lya thought that moron as a couple of bit rate goons was going to be enough to take us down? She's gotten a lot dumber since we last met."
[OOC] Gerald: and a couple^
Garrett: "Either they succeeded or just helped slow us down, either way, they know we're coming."
Gerald: "But now we know they know!"
Phyllis: "It seems like you have the pieces. You're clever enough to put some things together after this, I'm sure."
Zane: "One of these days I would like to get ahead of them and be the one leaving the ambush. Just for variety sake."
Melissa: "Alright. I might have another article or two to write after the one I'm working about for the Bruse…"
Zane: "Oh? What are you writing for the Bruse?"
Phyllis: "Uh. Maybe rethink that, if you're writing what I think you're writing about."
Phyllis: "Or at least - be careful."
Melissa: "Tinker Oddcog is just my first piece in a larger article I'm working on to reveal the cronyism of Bruse Shantus."
Gerald: "The what."
Phyllis: "Ah. Carry on, then."
Melissa: "The appointment of his friends into positions of authority over those more qualified."
Gerald: "Oh."
Zane sighs. "Don't… be too harsh on him, hm? He was given some rather inmpressive shoes to fill, I can't entirely blame him for putting people he trusts into areas close to him."
Chandrasekhar: "Goddess preserve the free press, then."
Zane: "Mind you, that doesn't mean you should pull all the punches. Just… some of them."
Phyllis: "Precision strikes, not scorched earth?"
Phyllis: "Who are you and what have you done with the real Zane?"
Melissa: "Well, if you say so…. I'll be in touch about that speaking opportunity."
Zane: "Tsk. Phyllis. I am the very model of precision strikes. Who else to you know that could blow up an entire theatre and its outbuildings without damaging a single piece of non-thieves guild property?"
Chandrasekhar twitches the corner of his mouth up. Goddess help him, he's *trying* not to smile.
Phyllis: "Sorry. It's … really easy to get the impression otherwise."
Zane grins. "Yeah, I know."
Melissa: "You're certainly a colourful bunch. Would you mind if I covered your stay here in Ber? I'm sure it'll make for an amazing article."
Zane: "We'll tell you… as much as we can, hm? Some things we would prefer not to be published, considering our job."
Ernst: "Can we publish it after our investigation is concluded?"
Gerald: "I figure we can make sure the more need to know bits stay need to know if we say yes, right? So sure."
Melissa: "Of course, of course. I'll probably head down to the Summer Court tomorrow after I clear things up around here."
Zane: "I have no objections, then."
Phyllis: "I might have even prepared a memory-erasing spell just in case one of us lets slip anything we shouldn't."
Phyllis level stares at Gerald.
Chandrasekhar: "I'm looking forward to it~."
Gerald: "What?"
Melissa laughs. "I'll try not to be the one to prompt the usage, then."
Gerald: "You can't do that hear Phyllis, it's super illegal."
Garrett: "I'd prefer to be left out, but…"
Zane polishes the ring on his left hand. "If nothing else, it'll be more positive press for Dyers."
Aleith|DM: Alright. Anything else? Or meeting up with Glaucia and Brakken to head out?
Zane: "And sorry about the mess."
Zane rolls out like Optimus Prime.
Phyllis: "It's just a joke, Gerald! I would never violate the law here, even if it were necessary in the larger scheme of things." She says it's a joke, but her face turns deadpan midsentence.
Gerald‘ follows after Zane.
Phyllis follows as well. I think we’re hittin' [x]
Melissa: "We'll get the police to take them under arrest. Assault and battery, trespassing, I'm sure we can get them to stick."
Phyllis: "Missing one, at least. The one with the tattooed face. Did you catch his name?"
Melissa: "Rush, I think. Didn't get a last name. The other guy with her was Merton."
Phyllis adds up a few things together in her head. "That's … enough for a method available to me, at least."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License