Zg Session 52

Quital: "Yes, but it's a shame. It sounds like we're going to do this the hard way, and I'll have it all to myself." The doors to the north open, reavealing another short hallway and several golems, 3 man-sized and another 12 feet tall.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 36:Leone | 30:Greater Prototype | 29:Zane | 29:Prototype B | 25:Prototype A | 20:Gerald | 20:Phyllis | 17:Ernst | 16:Garrett | 14:Prototype C | 10:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar feels magnetic force trying to pin him in place. [Magnetic Magic]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 15 ( Total: 35 ) for vs Fort
Gerald: "Honestly breaking all your golems and then beating the shit out of you is probably WAY easier than everyone here being involved in a civil conversation."
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar is immobilized until the end of Quital's next turn!
Zane: "I can do both. I can SO do both!"
Aleith|DM: The larger golem advances, before swinging a fist at Chandrasekhar. "Aha! Here is a field application of Stowe's second law of motion. Behold," the golem declares. [Awesome Blow]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+20 and got 8 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: But he blocks the blow on his shield.
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Garrett: "Well, you were right."
Chandrasekhar smiles, stands firm. "Indeed it was."
Gerald: "Can't even punch a guy that can't move hard enough to hurt 'em. Nice."
Chandrasekhar: "Heh. You think it didn't -hurt-?" He's still smiling.
Gerald: "You make a different face when it actually manages to phase you."
Zane slides forward, blade flicking out at the golem experimentally. "Quital, are you familiar with the riddle of steel?" [Alert Stance, Shift, MBA]
Zane rolled d20+21 and got 18 ( Total: 39 ) for CA during first round
Zane rolled 1d10+10 and got 8 ( Total: 18.0 )
Also rolled 2d8 and got 2, 5 [Total: 7 (Low), Avg: 3.50]
Total: 25.0, Avg: 5.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 25!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 36:Leone | 30:Greater Prototype | 29:Zane | 29:Prototype B | 27:Gale | 25:Prototype A | 20:Gerald | 20:Phyllis | 20:Asrabey | 17:Ernst | 16:Garrett | 14:Prototype C | 10:Chandrasekhar |
Quital: "I'm not sure of which riddle you speak."
Prototype B steps forward, swinging at Asrabey. "I feel like we should have weapons of our own," says the golem. "Don’t you agree, brothers? Look at these foes we face! Leone, it was foolish not to arm us."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 14 ( Total: 33 )
Aleith|DM: And just misses
Ernst: "Impressive craftmanship."
Gerald: "Oh."
Gerald: "Oh, MAN. They talk! Ernst why can't Stocke talk?"
Garrett: "He's got the siren, inn'e?"
Gerald: "That's more like a dog barking than talking!"
Ernst: "I see through it, so technically it doesn't have a will of its own. At best I may be able to project my voice through it."
Gerald: "Oh."
Gale sends a blast of lightning into Prototype B, before it jumps to the Greater Prototype, and then to Prototype A. [Chain Lightning]
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+19(1) and got 15 ( Total: 34.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 3#d20+19(2) and got 3 [Total: 22.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+19(3) and got 14 [Total: 33.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 89.0, Avg: 10.67
Ernst: "If I were to fall, it'd just act on a set of pre-registered directives."
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+14 and got 5, 5, 4, 5 ( Total: 33.0 )
Aleith|DM: Dealing 33 lightning damage to the two smaller golems! Both are slowed UEoNT!
Zane: "It's simple. People think steel is power. Or, well, back in the ancient times they did. When your armor is bronze, a steel sword goes through it like nothing. So they thought steel was where power lie."
Aleith|DM: Prototype A moves forward, slowly. [Double Move]
Aleith|DM: Gerald? Phyllis?
Gerald: "Anyway lemme show you a cool trick."
Phyllis tilts her head at the golems. "You seem less automatons, less constructs, and more - "
Ernst: "I don't think anything is going to top that shrink ray. You should stop while you're at your prime."
Phyllis: "People."
Phyllis: "Given your origins, though, I shouldn't be surprised." She suspects they reek of witchoil.
Zane: "But the thing is… steel is just metal. It's the flesh behind it that makes steel dangerous."
Gerald‘ runs along the hallway until he’s up against the wall, fiddles around with the blaster for a few seconds, before lifting it up and taking very careful aim. [Quarry Protype B] Then unleashes a gigantic beam of light which pierces through it, the larger robot, and the small one behind it. [AP: Shrink Ray]
Garrett: "It's a beam! Ahaha!"
Aleith|DM: The whole complex reeks of witchoil. But yes, the smell is stronger here.
Gerald‘ rolled 3#d20+22(1) and got 19 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 3#d20+22(2) and got 13 [Total: 35]
Also rolled 3#d20+22(3) and got 19 [Total: 41]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 117
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled d8+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18 ) for 2d8 to B, +10 to B and Big both from Autofire, +5 to A from Autofire
Also rolled 2d8 and got 3, 2 [Total: 5]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 23
Grappa’s click-to-voice says, "Linus. Hunting. Haynes. Colin."
Gerald‘ then unloads another couple of blasts into the larger (but now signifigantly smaller) robot. [Two-Fanged Strike]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 2 ( Total: 21 )
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 20 [Total: 39]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 60
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 10 ( Total: 29 )
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 13 [Total: 32]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 61
Phyllis walks up and assaults the golems with [Color Spray]. "Do we need to reason with Quital, or with you?"
Gerald` rolled 3d6+24 and got 3, 2, 2 ( Total: 31 )
Also rolled 3d8+12 and got 3, 2, 4 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 52
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 17 ( Total: 36.0 ) for Prototype A, Greater Prototype - with CA
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 10 [Total: 29.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 65.0, Avg: 13.50
Phyllis rolled d20+17 and got 1 ( Total: 18.0 ) for Prototype B, without CA - also vs will
Phyllis rolled d6+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14.0 ) for radiant damage, dazed UEoPNT
The Allied Unit steps up and slashes at Prototype B!
Phyllis rolled d20+14 and got 11 ( Total: 25.0 ) for AC
Gerald: "Anyway yeah sometimes it’s a beam! It's cool as hell."
The sword probably bounces off of the golem's pecs, or something.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 23!] [23! 52!] [23!] All three are bloodied!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!] [14!] [Miss!
[OOC] Phyllis: Color Spray] also Dazes UEoPNT, fwiw.
Phyllis: "I'm curious. What do you fight for Quital for?"
Phyllis: "What aligns you with him?"
Quital: "What sorcery is this?"
Garrett: "Gun magic."
Gerald: "I'm pretty sure color spray is just a normal wizard spell, not sorcery."
Asrabey swings his blazing sword in a massive arc. [Fire Sweep]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 10 ( Total: 35.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 12 [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 72.0, Avg: 11.00
Aleith|DM rolled d10+10 and got 6 ( Total: 16.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting the Greater Prototype and Golem B for 16 fire damage!
Aleith|DM: Prototype B moves into Asrabey's space (shift up to 2). [Fire Good! Lightning Bad!]
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst takes two steps forward [Mv] and snaps his fingers rearranging unit positioning on the field. [Slick Concoctation - Mi] Then he fires a [Greater Magic Weapon - St] at Prototype C.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 14 ( Total: 36.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 4 [Total: 26.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 62.0, Avg: 9.00
[OOC] Ernst: Heroic on the second
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Ernst rolled 4d8+10 and got 5, 3, 6, 2 ( Total: 26.0 ) for +5 to hit, +4 dmg, brutal 1 for Zane, Garrett, Phyllis, Gale, Gerald, Asrabey, Chandra
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 26!
[OOC] Ernst: That one allied unit SE of me too I guess is technically buffed.
Aleith|DM: Yep.
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ waves a hand, and the minds of his allies hear the wordless command- the metal beneath the feet of the constructs twists upward, pounding and grasping as the terrain contorts at an unseen will! [The City Comes Alive]
[OOC] Phyllis: they are all the same unit, of size large, except instead of needing a 2x2 square, its segments just need to be adjacent!!
[OOC] Phyllis: like a centipede
Garrett` rolled 3#1d20+27(1) and got 18 ( Total: 45 ) for vs Ref, Greater Prototype, Bourne A, B
Also rolled 3#1d20+27(2) and got 13 [Total: 40]
Also rolled 3#1d20+27(3) and got 11 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 123
Aleith|DM: Hits!
[OOC] Zane: a human centipede, as it were…
[OOC] Phyllis: sam no
Garrett` rolled 2d6+14 and got 4, 3 ( Total: 21 ) for inflicting vuln 5 cold on the greater, all are Restrained (save ends)
Garrett` rolled 3d8 and got 1, 7, 6 ( Total: 14 ) for sneak on greater
[OOC] Ernst: Brutal 1
Garrett` rolled 1d8 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
[OOC] Garrett: zvarri
Garrett` then moves forward and strikes at the extra small bot! [Low Slash]
[OOC] Garrett: the greater prototype
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 21!] [42!] [21!
Garrett` rolled 1d20+27 and got 3 ( Total: 30 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+25 and got 3 ( Total: 28 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 28!
[ACROBAT’S ESCAPE]
[OOC] Garrett: Immediate Reaction, Trigger: An enemy enters a square adjacent to you.
[OOC] Garrett: Effect: The target is immobilized until the start of its next turn. You then shift a number of squares up to DEX mod (5) to a square that is not adjacent to the target.
Aleith|DM: Well, so much for charging anyway.
Garrett‘ kicks off from the ground and does a sliding-backdash!
Aleith|DM: The last prototype moves up, but Garrett locks it in place and quickly retreats!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar slams his sword against thin air, and there’s a resounding rumble! [Call of Challenge] + [Astral Thunder]
Chandrasekhar rolled 4#d20+20(1) and got 12 ( Total: 32 ) for vs. Fort on all robits, UEONT -3 attack penalty on every hit, Challenged, also damage
Also rolled 4#d20+20(2) and got 15 [Total: 35]
Also rolled 4#d20+20(3) and got 19 [Total: 39]
Also rolled 4#d20+20(4) and got 20 [Total: 40]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 146
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+11 and got 4, 8 ( Total: 23 ) for thunder damage, -3 attack penalty to every robit
Aleith|DM: Hit, hit, hit, crit!
Phyllis looks on the golems with pity.
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+27 and got 4, 6, 5 ( Total: 42.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [KO!] [KO!] [42!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 36:Leone | 29:Zane | 27:Gale | 20:Gerald | 20:Phyllis | 20:Asrabey | 17:Ernst | 16:Garrett | 14:Prototype C | 10:Chandrasekhar |
Phyllis: "Quital."
Garrett: "You done goofed, Quital."
The last golem slides beside Zane.
Phyllis: "Now that we aren't facing the threat of your creations, I think we can talk."
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Phyllis: "Last chance."
Gerald: "Okay the talking thing was definitely cool. And like. For an office golem? Totally. But. Combat models? Miiight wanan focus on durability first."
Zane greets it by driving his bare hand into its chest. [MBA]
Zane rolled d20+19 and got 11 ( Total: 30 )
Prototype C: "All things considered, I do wish they'd given us some actual combat training."
Garrett: "Oh no, that feeling, it's adjacent to pity."
Gerald: "That too yeah."
[OOC] Ernst: You have +5 to hit, +4 dmg, brutal 1 btw
Zane rolled 3d8r1+14: (1, 6), 3, 5 [Total: 28.0 (High), Avg and got 4.67
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
There's a sigh from the air, and a feeling of the connection being cut off.
Zane pulls its mechanical heart out and crushes it. "The riddle of steel, Leone."
Phyllis: "Except is it really flesh, that poses the danger? Even flesh has impetus."
Gerald: "Speaking of impetus,"
Gerald: "The door, if you would?"
Zane shrugs, brushes the mechanical heart remans off his hands. "They had impetus."
Zane goes to help with the door.
Aleith|DM: Thievery?
Phyllis just tells it to "Open." [Pathos of the Inanimate]
Zane just gonna knock it down, thievery isn't really his gig…
Garrett: !Roll 1d20+16 ; ?I can also roll it if you were waiting for it
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+16 and got 2 ( Total: 18 ) for ?I can also roll it if you were waiting for it
[OOC] Garrett: +4 if it’s traps
Aleith|DM: It doesn't open for Garrett, but does unlock for Phyllis.
Ernst refreshes Garretts [Frost Weapon] during the downtime.
Garrett‘ gives Ernst a nod.
Aleith|DM: Opening the doors, you see a huge platform with some materials on it. A good hundred feet up is a large walkway with several people on it. And dominating the room, behind all of that, is a colossal…golem? On the right shoulder of the creation is Leone Quital, looking much the same as when you saw him last Summer.
Aleith|DM: One of the people on the walkway looks familiar, as well, though looking much better when you last saw her. Kaja Stewart gives a jaunty wave as you step into the room, taking in the top half of the colossus, which must be around 300 feet tall.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: http://i.imgur.com/ifgBglt.jpg
Zane: "Ms. Stewart. Nice to see you again."
Garrett: "I guess our track record of ’people dying in custody' isn't as bad as it seems."
Kaja: "They were nice enough to revive me. Even if they probably killed me in the first place. I was interested in working for them anyway." She shrugs.
Phyllis: "Even after they silenced you by killing you?"
Kaja: "A job's a job."
Gerald: "Told you it was gunna be a giant automaton."
Zane: "Mm. I do hope you havent made any long-term investments here. And yes you did, Gerald. We're very proud of you."
Garrett: "It's…" He whistles, impressed. "Pretty big!"
Garrett: "All autonomous, right?"
Garrett: "You don't drive it or anything?"
Quital: "Welcome to your doom, constables. Now that you've seen our grand project here, Borne, you can't be left alive to tell about it."
Gerald: "Although going off of the side of it's head it's waaaaay bigger than I expected."
Phyllis: "It's about what I expected."
Gerald‘ pulls out his rifle and starts aiming at Quital while he’s running his mouth.
Phyllis: "Like lantern to lighthouse."
Garrett: "You're gonna need a stronger shrink ray, Gerald."
Gerald: "Doesn't seem like it's active yet anyway."
Zane: "Sorry Quital I can't quite hear you all the way over there. C'mere and say that again…"
Chandrasekhar steps in, eyes narrowed. An impressive - horrifying - feat of achievement, he'll give them that much.
Quital: "Autonomous indeed. The grand work of the Steelshaper, the Mindmaker, and the Gearbuilder."
Grappa: "I wish I could have mentioned this sooner."
Zane: "Its OK, we're going to beat them savagely for resisting arrest regardless."
Chandrasekhar: "The newborn god of cold steel and spinning gears, wakening in the shadows of the city. Yes…" He lets out a quiet breath. "This is what drew me here."
Garrett: "You'd still be clickin' trying to tell us how big it is."
Ernst glances at Gerald. "So we're going to shoot Quital, right?"
Gerald: "Titan's know I am."
Zane: "That was what I was subtly hinting at, Ernst."
Ernst nods before pulling out his carbine and taking aim.
Garrett: "I may have to get a bit closer first, but sure.
Phyllis: "We'd be allowed to live if we stayed, yes?"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Gerald | 29:Nethermancer | 28:Garrett | 27:Chandrasekhar | 26:Zane | 25:Slayer A | 24:Slayer C | 24:Gale | 22:Ernst | 21:Kaja Stewart | 20:Slayer B | 18:Turrets CD | 17:Turrets AB | 15:Phyllis | 14:Slayer D | 0:Leone |
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Quital: "If you're willing to join, yes, but I fear you already missed your chance for that."
Chandrasekhar: "Oh, Quital. True audacity requires patience. That's been your organisation's downfall all along."
Zane: "Its funny, I actually extended Lady Jierre an invitation to come talk to me about your group… She turned me down."
Asrabey dashes off to the right, shouting for Kasvarina as he attempts to go searching the complex for her.
Ernst: "Where's the asshole doing the lamp research anyways? I expected to run into him over here."
Gerald‘ wistles a jaunty tune under his breath as he slides a bullet with "Leone Quint" etched into it, then lets off a hail of guinfire directly at Quint. [Vendetta Twin Fanged Strike] [AP -> Biting Volley] [ Oak Skin] [Quarry Kaja]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 4 ( Total: 27 ) for miss -> hit -> crit
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 17 [Total: 40]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 67
Chandrasekhar salutes godspeed to Asrabey, glancing over the battlefield.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 17 ( Total: 37 ) for vs Ref, crit 18-20
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 2 [Total: 22]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 59
Zane watches Asrabey go. "Your people are so flighty."
Garrett: "Good luck, guy."
Ernst chews at his lip. "He going to be okay by himself?"
Gale: "I’ll stay and help. You look like you could use it."
Gale: "I'm sure that big lug can take care of himself."
Zane: "And its another mark in your favor."
Gerald‘ rolled 3d6r2+42 and got 6, 3, 3 ( Total: 54.0 )
Also rolled 3d6r2+42 and got 5, 5, 6 [Total: 58.0 (High), Avg: 5.33]
Also rolled 4d10r2+4 and got (2, 9), 6, 7, 6 [Total: 32.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 3d10r2+12 and got 8, (1, 6), 7 [Total: 33.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 177.0, Avg: 5.92
Chandrasekhar: "He has his light to follow, and we have ours."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 127!
Gerald` frowns.
Gerald: "SO CLOSE. If that last bullet had landed…! Ah well."
Chandrasekhar: "Gerald. Did you see that shield you obliterated?"
Gerald: "The what?"
Garrett: "That’s a 'no.'"
Chandrasekhar: "Well, he had a shield. He doesn't have it any more."
Gerald: "Oh."
Gerald: "Way the fuck zoomed in, didn't even see it."
Aleith|DM: A large sheet of metal with a huge hole in it bounces off the colossus' shoulder and falls into the depths.
Zane: "I'm impressed."
Black tendrils crackle within the nethermancer's obsidian orb, and your light source explodes with frigid energy. [Shatter the Light]
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar, Garrett, Phyllis, and Zane take 11 cold damage!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ beats feet to the west! [Double Move]
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar invokes the [Spirit of the Virtuous Charger] (+2 Speed) and then I guess follows Garrett?
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane takes one step forward and draws his bow, flexing it to the maximum possible extension before letting an arrow fly at Leone. [shift, RBA, literally maximum range]
Zane rolled d20+18 and got 15 ( Total: 33 ) for CA for first round cancels range penalty.
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 4d8+36 and got 5, 5, 5, 8 ( Total: 59.0 ) for damage, furious assault, attack finesse, maximized assassin strike from ki focus daily
[OOC] Zane: 3 of that damage is necrotic, if it matters…
Quital reaches out, desperate to save himself as he starts falling off the colossus, tearing away several sheets of metal holding the golem in place. Despite his efforts, Leone Quital falls off the colossus into the depths. [KO!]
Zane clears his throat. "You are all under arrest."
Phyllis: "Should have prepared Illusory Wall instead."
Aleith|DM: Slayers A and C shoot at Zane.
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 2 ( Total: 17.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 6 [Total: 21.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 38.0, Avg: 4.00
Aleith|DM: Both missing.
Garrett: "Don’t feel bad, Zane, it almost never works for Gerald, either."
Gerald: "Oh."
Zane: "Yeah, I'm not as sincere as he is I guess…"
Gerald: "I figured at this point they were just enemies of the state and kill on sight."
Ernst rubs his forehead. "In this case, yes. But we still can't shoot that envoy ship on sight."
Garrett: "Kaja -is- legally dead."
Aleith|DM: Gale flies forward, sending a Chain Lightning through the Nethermancer, Kaja, and Slayer B.
Garrett: "But I guess it's more like a paperwork error, now."
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+19(1) and got 2 ( Total: 21.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 3#d20+19(2) and got 6 [Total: 25.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+19(3) and got 16 [Total: 35.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 81.0, Avg: 8.00
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+14 and got 3, 3, 8, 3 ( Total: 31.0 )
Phyllis: "Good enough in my book."
Aleith|DM: Hitting Slayer B for 31!
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst follows up Gales attack with a [GMW] on Slayer B with his Carbine. He then drops down Stocke and buffs Gerald weapon with [5 extra Acid|Cold|Fire|Force|Lightning|Thunder[Pick one], when you crit target gains 10 ongoing of the damage type]
Ernst rolled d20+20 and got 15 ( Total: 35.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+10 and got 7, 8 ( Total: 25.0 ) for Stocke transposes on the shot
[OOC] Ernst: +5 to hit, +4 dmg for Ernst/Gerald
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 25!
Ernst sets off Stockes siren once it's on the walkway.
Aleith|DM: Kaja fires off two pistol shots at Zane! [Twin Strike]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+20(1) and got 6 ( Total: 26.0 ) for -2 for range
Also rolled 2#d20+20(2) and got 7 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 53.0, Avg: 6.50
Gerald: "Ernst is there a moron standing right on my five, now?"
Ernst: "You know it."
Zane actually has to side-step that second shot.
Gerald: "Ernst you are a silly guy with a weird sense of humor."
Aleith|DM: Kaja then ducks behind some construction materials on the walkway.
Ernst: "I had to let Stocke get in on the fun."
Slayer B slashes at Ernst with her shortsword. [Shadow Kidnap]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 13 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+15 and got 2, 3, 6 ( Total: 26.0 )
Aleith|DM: Dealing 26 necrotic damage!
Aleith|DM: Your shadow and hers stretches out across the battlefield, and then you both reappear away from your allies.
Ernst [Shocking Feedbacks] that.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 4 ( Total: 30.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 18 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 74.0, Avg: 11.00
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Ernst rolled 4d8+14 and got 7, 8, 2, 4 ( Total: 35.0 )
Ernst calls out. "Problem solved, Gerald. Carry on!"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Gerald: "OK!"
Aleith|DM: The turrets duck out and fire at Chandrasekhar, Ernst, Zane, and Asrabey! [Strafe and Advance]
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+21(1) and got 19 ( Total: 40.0 )
Also rolled 4#d20+21(2) and got 19 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+21(3) and got 3 [Total: 24.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+21(4) and got 19 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 144.0, Avg: 15.00
Aleith|DM: Dealing 12 damage to Chandra, Ernst, and Asrabey!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis pulls back into the pages of her spellbook, exchanging Horrid Whispers for [Slee[
Phyllis: p]
Phyllis -first- commands Obscurati Slayer D to join their companions. Move to the left five or so squares. Something to that effect.
Phyllis: I'm just … going to do that if you don't mind. [AP: Fiat]
Aleith|DM: Sure.
Phyllis: Then: [Glib Tongue] [Sleep].
Phyllis rolled 4#d20+19(1) and got 11 ( Total: 30.0 ) for vs Will, Kaja, Nethermancer, Slayers C and D
Also rolled 4#d20+19(2) and got 4 [Total: 23.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+19(3) and got 5 [Total: 24.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+19(4) and got 11 [Total: 30.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 107.0, Avg: 7.75
Aleith|DM: Hit, miss, hit, hit!
Phyllis: Slowed (Save Ends) all, regardless of hit/miss. Unconscious (Save Ends) as aftereffect on those hit. -6 to first save for Kaja, reroll twice take lower for Kaja, -3 to first save for the rest
Aleith|DM: Slayer D moves back towards the edge of the walkway and fires at Phyllis!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 20 ( Total: 35 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10+16 and got 8, 7 ( Total: 31.0 )
Aleith|DM: Critting for 31!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-3 and got 1 ( Total: -2 )
Aleith|DM: And then falls asleep.
Phyllis: "Fair's fair."
A deafening rumble fills the chamber as a massive engine turns over. Black smoke begins to pour out of vents along the colossus’s back, equivalent to a small factory worth of smokestacks. The distinct smell of witchoil burning within the golem’s chest fills the air.
Borne takes its first step and tears its arm free from magical bindings. This causes a massive tremor to shake the room, knocking anyone inside prone unless they make a save.
The allied unit wanders up closer!
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for > SAVE
Ernst rolled 1d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 ) for save
Aleith|DM rolled d20+2 and got 7 ( Total: 9.0 ) for Kaja, Slayers
Also rolled 3#d20(1) and got 6 [Total: 6 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 3#d20(2) and got 15 [Total: 15 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Also rolled 3#d20(3) and got 8 [Total: 8 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
[OOC] Ernst: Err… still a pass that’s an 11.
Total: 38.0, Avg: 9.00
Aleith|DM rolled 4d20 and got 16, 18, 11, 5 ( Total: 50 ) for Turrets
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 15 ( Total: 15 )
Gerald‘ rolled d20 and got 14 ( Total: 14 )
Ernst rolled d20 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for stocke
Aleith|DM rolled d20+2 and got 4 ( Total: 6 ) for Asrabey
Gerald: "Hmm."
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for the allied unit’s save too i guess
Gerald: "I had been figuring Quintel hadn't actually turned it on yet… Guess he did!"
Kaja: "Well, shit! This can't be good!"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Gerald | 29:Nethermancer | 28:Garrett | 27:Chandrasekhar | 26:Zane | 25:Slayer A | 24:Slayer C | 24:Gale | 22:Ernst | 21:Kaja Stewart | 18:Turrets CD | 17:Turrets AB | 15:Phyllis | 14:Slayer D | 0:Borne |
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald: "Ah, Kaja. Always three steps behind."
Phyllis: "The golem that your boss built is working as intended. And that 'can't be good.'"
Garrett: "Good luck up there. If you jump and ask nicely, we might catch you."
Gerald‘ shifts his aim over to the necromancer, makes him his quarry, then unloads. [Twin Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 1 ( Total: 27 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 11 [Total: 37]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 64
Chandrasekhar rolled d20 and got 5 ( Total: 5 ) for save vs… idk?
Zane rolled d20+0 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for save, belatedly
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar and Zane are knocked on their asses! [Prone]
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in 3d10r2+7
Gerald` rolled 3d10r2+7: (1, 7), 6, 5 [Total: 25.0 (High), Avg and got 6.00
Also rolled 2d8+11 and got 3, 6 [Total: 20.0 (Avg), Avg: 4.50]
Total: 45.0, Avg: 5.40
[OOC] Ernst: You have +9 just from my buffs how the fuck do you have +7
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for nethermancer prone
[OOC] Gerald: put all the misc damage on the quarry roll
[OOC] Ernst: Aha
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 45!
Aleith|DM: //The nethermancer casts [Shatter the Light] again, dealing 11 cold damage to Phyllis, Zane, and Gale!

[OOC] Gerald: no attack roll on that?
Aleith|DM: Nope. Effect.
Aleith|DM: It also surpresses light sources in the area
Aleith|DM: But the room itself has enough lighting to mostly ignore that
Aleith|DM rolled d20-3 and got 10 ( Total: 7 )
Aleith|DM: And then falls asleep
Aleith|DM: Garrett? Chandrasekhar?
Chandrasekhar clambers to his feet and charges the turret!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+20 and got 6 ( Total: 26 ) for Virtuous Strike
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12 ) for I don’t still have magic weapon, right?
Garrett‘ pincer attacks the turret with his own charge!
Garrett` rolled 1d20+23 and got 20 ( Total: 43 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Crit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12!
Garrett` rolled 3d6+47 and got 5, 2, 3 ( Total: 57 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Chandrasekhar highfives Garrett over the smouldering wreckage.
Garrett` highfives!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane moves next to Phyllis. [Defensive Stance]
Slayer C reloads
Aleith|DM rolled d20-3 and got 16 ( Total: 13 )
[OOC] Zane: Guard. When an enemy hits you or an adjacent ally with an attack, as an immediate interrupt you may spend any number of dice, roll them, and add them to you or your ally’s defenses against that attack. If you are wielding a shield, you may an extra +2 to the result of these rolled dice.
Aleith|DM: Slayer A drops her gun, draws her sword, stands up, and charges Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 11 ( Total: 27 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Hit, +2 from CA
[OOC] Ernst: +1 defenses from the sigil
[OOC] Ernst: damn
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+9 and got 1, 6 ( Total: 16.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 16!
Kaja shouts out. "Officers! I’m gonna come peacefully! Just get me away from this monstrosity!" Stocke can see her disappear her pistols.
Ernst: "She seriously just threw her guns to the ground."
Ernst: "I…"
Gale sends out a Chain Lightning at Slayers A and C, and the Nethermancer!
Gerald: "I mean."
Phyllis: "Make your compatriots see reason and maybe I'll listen."
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 12 ( Total: 31.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 5 [Total: 24.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 55.0, Avg: 8.50
Garrett: "This is really up to you right now, Kaja."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 18 ( Total: 37.0 ) for vs Ref
Gerald: "She can summon them again pretty effortlessly just like I can. But."
Ernst sighs. "Should I push her off anyways? She already died for this cause once."
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+14 and got 3, 1, 2, 6 ( Total: 26.0 )
Garrett: "What do you want us to do, go up there and rappel you down?"
Kaja: "I'm gonna rappel down myself! And then probably kiss pavement thanks to your mage, but hey, them's the breaks."
Garrett: "Aw, she won't let you die."
Garrett: "(Maybe.)" he mumbles.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 26!] [26!] [26!
Ernst scratches his head. "So… that's a yes on saving her?"
Zane: "I put an arrow through Quitals eye from a hundred paces, I'm willing to arrest someone now."
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Garrett: "If you can do it, be the hero, Ernst."
Garrett: "We'll tell the story up big, you swinging across on a crane hook, explosions going off, the lot."
Garrett: "This is probably convincing you otherwise but I can't help it, it's the docker in me. Or the docker I was in, really."
Zane: "We don't judge."
Ernst tosses a [Resistive Formula - Free action] on Zane, immediately activating it. [+35 THP to Phyllis, Zane. +17 THP to Ernst.] He then has Stocke shift as he moves towards the crates and blast Slayer A. [Warweavers Tether]
Chandrasekhar chuckles.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 19 ( Total: 42.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 18 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 83.0, Avg: 18.50
Ernst rolled 5d8+14 and got 2, 1, 1, 1, 2 ( Total: 21.0 ) for also attempting to push off the edge
[OOC] Ernst: Brutal 1 reroll those
Ernst rolled 3d8 and got 4, 2, 4 ( Total: 10 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 28!
[OOC] Ernst: Make a save for falling!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
[OOC] Ernst: Lands on the turret!
Aleith|DM: Push or slide?
[OOC] Ernst: Oh push does that matter
Aleith|DM: Yeah, can't push something sideways
[OOC] Ernst: I can push him SW?
Aleith|DM: Yep.
Ernst then glances at Kaja before sighing. He activates his [Ring of Calling] and she appears by his side as she's considered an ally atm so if she's willing she can teleport.
Aleith|DM: Each square something is pushed has to be one further from you.
Aleith|DM: Anyway, the slayer falls off to their doom, screaming as she plummets! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Kaja looks around, surprised, then pulls out a switch and turns off her turrets remotely.
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20-4(1) and got 6 ( Total: 2.0 ) for save vs Sleep
Also rolled 2#d20-4(2) and got 14 [Total: 10.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 12.0, Avg: 10.00
Aleith|DM: And then falls unconcious.
Gerald: "I mean, you knew we were good at our job."
Garrett: "Good job."
Gerald: "Oh sure fall asleep when I'm talking to you."
Aleith|DM: Blame Phyllis.
Phyllis: "Can't be helped."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Aleith|DM: Asrabey tears off a vent cover and disappears inside it.
Garrett: "Actually, damn, we sort of do need her awake, so she-" He pauses, Asrabey leaves, and after another pause, he continues "-could tell us the best way to stop this thing."
Chandrasekhar: "…now, then."
Ernst: "I'll shake her awake in a moment."
Chandrasekhar: "Our engolemmed friend. Can you speak freely now?"
Phyllis breathes in deep, recovering the wounds she sustained so far. [Dwarven Resilience - Second Wind as minor!] Then she wanders up to cast an illusion on the Nethermancer. A large, black hand, grasping from behind him, squeezing him - [Illusory Ambush]
Phyllis rolled d20+18 and got 13 ( Total: 31.0 ) for vs Will
Grappa: "Geas isn't gone."
Chandrasekhar: "Figures."
Garrett: "Could stop up the vents…? But do we have any way of doing that…"
Phyllis rolled d6+16 and got 2 ( Total: 18.0 ) for including +3 damage from Runic Armor from Second Winding
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
Gerald: "Did we ever figure out who put the geas on him or was that just wishful thinking?"
Zane: "Guessing 'not Quital'…"
Phyllis: "… Garrett. Can you find out?"
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
Ernst chews on his lip. "I'd stay away from that walkway. I'd imagine it's going to make its exit quite soon and this building is likely going to collapse in the process. To be honest I'd recommend fighting this outdoors in general. There's too many things that could fall on us here."
Borne moves again, this time crashing through the main support bridge in front of him. The bridge heaves and anyone on it must make a save or be thrown 10 feet, perhaps off the side.
Garrett‘ chews his lip. "For -me- to ask that, he’d have to be a bit more dead than he is now."
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20(1) and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for Slayers, Nethermancer
Also rolled 3#d20(2) and got 12 [Total: 12 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 3#d20(3) and got 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 17, Avg: 5.67
Ernst rolled d20 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for Stocke the true hero
Garrett: "Unless,"
Aleith|DM: Slayer D continues sleeping, but the Nethermancer and Slayer C fall off the side, to their deaths.
Aleith|DM: Aaaand that's all the combantants pretty much.
Garrett: "Unless I knew exactly where the geas was placed- like the actual physical location."
Aleith|DM: So what now?
Garrett: "And if I could get there I could… work something out?"
Gerald: "Okay."
Gerald: "I gotta try this because what kind of life would any of us be leading if I didn't, really."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Gerald | 28:Garrett | 27:Chandrasekhar | 26:Zane | 24:Gale | 22:Ernst | 15:Phyllis | 14:Slayer D | 0:Borne |
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ swings his rifle back over his shoulder and gets juuuust close enough to fire a [Shrink Ray] at Borne.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+18(1) and got 4 ( Total: 22 )
Also rolled 2#d20+18(2) and got 7 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 47
Aleith|DM: The ray has no effect.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis and Ernst can tell that there’s been considerable magical reinforcement etched into the Colossus' exterior.
Gerald: "Boo."
Zane: "You get an A for effort at least."
Gerald: "Man."
Ernst: "We going to evacuate before it rips this place to shreds, or…?"
Gerald: "You know what we should have done?"
Gerald: "Brought that bomb the doomsday cult made and had it eat it."
Zane: "… Damn."
Garrett: "…shit, that -would- have been a good idea."
Ernst: "The bomb was already activated on the train. It's useless now. If I had a few more days I could have recreated it, though."
Phyllis: "We didn't have days."
Gerald‘ kneels down and slaps at Kaja a few times until she wakes up.
Gerald: "Fair enough."
Zane scoops the unconscious Kaja over his shoulder. "Everybody out!"
The colossus looks up and grabs the walls overhead. Its fingers tear through stone and steel, and it heaves itself up the construction shaft. Again creatures must make a save or be knocked prone from the tremors.
Zane rolled d20+0 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
Garrett` rolled 1d20 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 17 ( Total: 17 )
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 10 ( Total: 10 )
Zane will get up and then head for the doors then.
Garrett: "Oof-! Yeah, time to go!" [Minor Action - Acrobat Boots: Stand up] [Run] [Double Run]
Ernst is taking this as his get the fuck out of here cue. He already voiced his opinion on what will happen to the interior of the building shortly.
Ernst rolled d20 and got 13 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM: Alright, it’s an inconvenience, but the lot of you run for cover.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20 and got 18 ( Total: 18 )
Gerald‘ fires a couple of parting shots over his shoulder as he dashes out with the others.
Aleith|DM: You can see the colossus strike the ceiling, roar, and then punch several more times into the stone above it.
Phyllis ends up slapping Kaja awake herself
Aleith|DM: Debris starts falling into the room after you vacate it.
Chandrasekhar: "Oh… oh, dear. ASRABEY IF YOU CAN HEAR US, GET THE HELLS OUT."
Aleith|DM: The hallway seems to be safe for the moment, at least.
Zane … turns to watch. Not every day you get to see the birth of a baby god.
Garrett: "Anyone remember the exact properties of witchoil?"
Zane: "Makes a shitty poison. I don’t use it."
Gerald: "Something something one soul per ounce something something." Gerald shrugs before bobbing his head towards Ernst and Phyliss
Phyllis: "Bleak gate attuned. Essence of dead souls, snatched away from their proper passage to wherever they go. Useful as a substitute for ritual components, in place of residuum."
Phyllis: And, well, Arcana.
Garrett: "Uh… does it react with anything?"
[OOC] Phyllis: also aleith have we gone through the requisite things to actually Get Kaja Up And Running or
Borne manages to tear a tunnel free to the surface and heaves itself up through the hole. Large chunks of the ceiling crash down into the construction room.
Aleith|DM: Yeah she's up. She doesn't care if you cuff her or not.
Gerald: "I'm kinda out of idea beyond 'shoot it' with regards to shit we can do right now."
Gerald: "Was sort of hoping killing Quintel before he could do anything would have been enough."
Aleith|DM: Oddly enough, you can see starlight through the hole in the ceiling, and not the blank sky of the Bleak Gate…?
Gerald: "…That's probably not good, is it?"
Zane: "… Oh shit."
Phyllis: "… where are we?"
Ernst: "Isn't this on… Cauldron hill?"
Zane: "If I had to guess? Goddamn Cauldron Hill."
Phyllis rolled d20+20 and got 7 ( Total: 27.0 ) for arcana knowledge roll to remember the exact properties of witchoil
Aleith|DM: You pretty much remembered them.
[OOC] Phyllis: fair 'nuff
Garrett‘ stares at the sky, and then listens to the steel around them, and the city, not too far… [The City Whispers]
Gerald: "Ohhhhh…"
Gerald: "OOOOOOOH."
Ernst: "I’m sure Flint is going to notice that thing coming towards them shortly. But I would suggest we beat it to the city regardless."
Gerald: "Okay I get it, that's what the bad awful double ungood thing under Cauldron Hill was."
Ernst: "We have Kells carriage, no?"
Aleith|DM: Well….you're kind of…in both right now, Garrett. There's the emptiness of the Bleak Gate analogue around you, but also the liveliness of Flint itself.
Chandrasekhar: "Oh, Goddess."
Chandrasekhar: "It's always -been- weak here, hasn't it?"
Garrett: "A liminal space…"
Aleith|DM: The colossus appears to be standing at the top of the hill, looking out around it.
Gerald: "That's kind of funny up until it murders someone."
Zane: "I don't suppose it can talk…?"
Aleith|DM: You hear a voice from above call out as several ropes are tossed down the sides.
Captain Dale: "Constables! This is a bit unexpected!"
Zane cups his hands over his muth and bellows "Hey! Borne!"
Ernst mutters under his breath. "(Understatement of the century.)"
Garrett: "'ello, Captain! Ready the cells, we've got a big one."
Gerald‘ glances up with his rifle, shoots Borne in the head to go along with Zane’s shout. Maybe one of those two things will get its attention.
Captain Dale: "We don't build 'em large enough for a boy this big!"
Garrett‘ leaps to grab a rope and scrambles up it.
Phyllis: "Zane. Do you figure we have enough time for me to prepare a, um."
Ernst: "Taking it out in the water before it reaches the city is probably the only reasonable option. If we can even hurt it?"
Aleith|DM: The colossus looks around as the shot spatters off the side of its head, then roars and starts walking down the mountain.
Gerald` probably climbed up first before doing that, yes.
Zane gets Ms Stward secured to a rope and hauls ass up his own rope.
Gerald: "I don’t think they got the talking mechanics working right on this one!"
Phyllis: "A spell like the one we used near the water shrine?"
Zane: "Mmmmmaybe?"
Chandrasekhar: "The King will…"
Chandrasekhar: "This is his jurisdiction, now, don't you think..?"
Phyllis: "Quite so."
Zane: "Need to call for some help on this one, probably."
Gerald‘ folds his arms over his chest.
Gerald: "I guess."
Garrett: "Well, I mean… tripping the guy probably won’t make things -better-."
Chandrasekhar: "I don't normally like to use the phrase 'bigger than us', but…"
Ernst: "I hope nobody is on that hill still. They're going to get trampled."
Zane: "Size matters."
Gerald: "Man. This is going to ruin my perfect closing rate!"
Aleith|DM: Most people moved off of Cauldron Hill itself when Nevard made his prophecy, yes.
Phyllis just stares at the colossus, wracking her brain on how to combat such a thing.
Gerald‘ grumbles as he helps Ernst set up their mechanical carriage thing so they can get moving in a hurry.
[OOC] Zane: ARMORED SWAT CARRIAGE FUCK YEAH
Phyllis looks over at Grappa. "What do you know?"
Aleith|DM: Grappa’s….gone? You're not sure what happened to him, but he seems to have disappeared in the chaos.
Phyllis doesn't ask that then. WELP

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License