Zg Session 46

On the evening of the 10th of Spring, Brakken decides to take dignitaries from both Risur and Danor out for a night on the town, hoping that some fun will form bonds. Your team escorts the group from Hotel Aurum to a fancy club in North Shore, the Sunset Bench.
The outing consists of Brakken, Geoff Massarde (a Risur-allied tiefling engineer), and Captain Rosalyn Taylor (a representative from Danor's navy).
Brakken leaves Feroz at the consulate, saying, "In Ber, you never bring your bear to a bar."
Serena: "Some days you eat the bear, other days the bear eats everyone that just wants to have a drink and relax…"
Brakken laughs.
Serena: "I still want one."
Gaethan: "I thiiiiink you can get one commissioned as an officer…"
Josiah: "Maybe if you were a Druid… otherwise I think it's mostly just tracking dogs."
Carlao: "Really want to give her ideas?"
Gaethan grins. "I'm putting the over-under on dropping the idea at two sessions."
Gaethan: "Of meeting and trying to train it."
The Sunset Bench is on the ground floor of a five-level building with apartments for the wealthy above it. Every hall and room is gently lit by coloured glass sculptures that have light spells active within.
Beyond the foyer and its coat/sword check (RHC priveledges still apply, however, as you're working as bodyguards), the main room of the main club is circular, two hundred feet across, with a sunken central area and small private cubbies dotting the outer walls.
At the far end of the sunken area, spot lights illuminate the stage, behind which a curtain leads to the kitchens, dressing rooms, and storage. On the near side by the entrance, glass shelves loaded with various alcohols line the wall behind the bar.
Cpt. Taylor: "Wouldn't a bear get in the way of your work? I imagine a hound would fit better in an urban environment."
Serena: "Armor it, use it as a shock trooper."
Serena: "I mean, you weren't at the docks. This thing is *huge*."
Cpt. Taylor: "That sounds even worse. I can't imagine something like that on my ship. And you're trying to get that thing to fit through doors?"
Josiah: "It's never really about practicality with Serena."
Serena gives a mad, mad grin. "The doors would fit just fine. After."
Josiah: "She just gets ideas in her head of what would look cool, or be a fun story to tell… And then… well. Usually we hope she gets distracted before carrying them out."
Serena: "Hey TO BE FAIR usually they are awesome stories."
Josiah: "Maybe AFTER the fact!"
Serena: "That thing with the garden hose notwithstanding."
On stage tonight is the last night of a week-long tour staring Rock Rackus. A band backs him up up as he sings, narrates, and jokes about his many exploits across the world.
Josiah: "I thought we agreed to not bring that up again."
Aleith|DM: Brakken leads the group towards a table near the front of the stage, whereupon a group seems to be just leaving their table.
Dima just thumbs through a notepad, keep track of prior thoughts.
Brakken: "Looks like we've had some good timing."
Serena: "Yeah, well. Hang on."
[OOC] Gaethan: no dima that's my gimmick
Dima thumbs through Gaethan's notepad, then.
Serena looks under the table for bombs. Fuck bombs. B O M B S. … "I need a drink."
Gaethan can't recall where he put his notepad…
Gaethan oh dima has it
Aleith|DM: There's no bombs.
Josiah: "Huuh."
Serena: "OK no bombs. I still want a drink."
Dima hands it back to him with a gruff nod.
Josiah: "Hey, wasn't there some huge sting on Kell's holding going on this week or something?"
Gaethan nods back. Dima probably corrected a few things, he muses, which is probably a good idea.
Dima looks out for his bud.
Geoff: "Bombs? Why are you worried about bombs at a club?"
Serena: "Because I wasn't worried about bombs at a college."
Serena twitch.
Geoff: "…you were at that mess a couple days ago? My condolences."
Josiah‘ gestures towards a table near the back of the room, near the private rooms. "That’s his lawyer over there, right? And a couple of higher ranking officers?"
Gaethan: "I don't know, is it?"
Aleith|DM: That's the lawyer anyway. You're not sure who the man he's speaking with is.
Serena: "It… Hm. Hmmmm."
Josiah: "I'm pretty sure that's Quentin Augst, at least."
Serena: "Oh he is SO gonna owe me for this."
Josiah: "Recognize the faces of some of the goons, but not the guy they're meeting with."
Serena: "Hold the table for a minute."
Gaethan: "…what are you doing."
Josiah: "And word on the street is that Augst is in charge while Kell's on the lamb, yeah?" Josiah sighs, glancing over at at Brakken before giving a grin. "I'm not sure if you're a good luck charm or a bad one, Sir."
Dima places a firm hand on the table, taking Serena literally.
Serena: "Sending Bieito a runner. I'll be right back."
Gaethan also took that literally, grasping the edge.
Brakken: "I assure you, all I wanted to do was bring some of the delegates to enjoy this man's fabulous stories."
Serena slips away for a minute to dispatch a message to RHC HQ. Nothing dramatic.
Rock Rackus is currently singing a song about fighting off creatures from the dark side of the moon with the help of the RHC.
Aleith|DM: What's the message?
Josiah: "I can't wait until I hear how he spins this last trip here. Did you know we had him in custody twice in the last couple of months due to multiple framing attempts?"
Dima: "Let's hope it's good luck, then."
Gaethan takes Josiah at his word. "I managed to save Flint… without even leaving my cell."
Gaethan: "Something like that, maybe?"
[OOC] Serena: "Quentin Augst at Sunset Beach tonight, some sort of meeting. You're welcome. - Serena"
Josiah: "That's definitely how it starts, yeah."
Carlao is mostly listening to Rock Rackus, or at least it looks like that's what he's doing. (What he's actually doing is keeping a paranoid vigil on Brakken.)
Serena: "Somebody definitely has it in for him, yeah."
Josiah: "Well I mean… if even half of his stories have any basis in reality…"
Serena: "Thats why I can't be any more precise than 'somebody' yeah."
Brakken: "I imagine there's at least a kernel of truth to them."
Geoff: "I doubt it. I mean, meeting the rulers of the Unseen Court? Ha! What a lark."
Dima: "Truth is stranger than fiction."
Dima: "You only need to look at some case reports to know why that is."
Serena nods at Brakken. "All good lies have a kernel of truth."
Josiah: "I have it on good authority that the one about the fey queen was confirmed as true, actually."
Serena: "Really? He's meade of sterner stuff than he looks, then…"
Josiah: "Not quite as embellished has the story goes of course."
Serena: "Well of course, but still."
Dima raises an eyebrow and fails to stifle a smirk. "I see that bit of gossip made its rounds, has it? You'd think she'd be more tight-lipped."
Josiah: "Yeah."
Serena is keeping her eyes moving around the room as she's chatting, mindful of their two guests. "Aye." A pause. "Literally."
Aleith|DM: It seems to be a bit of a heated discussion, at least on Quentin's end.
Gaethan snickers but keeps his words to himself for now.
Dima glances around at some other patrons. What was it, red scarves? Would they be that blatant here?
Aleith|DM: Nah, but there's some obvious toughs near Quentin.
After half an hour, Rock takes a break to let his band get some drinks, and he makes a point to remind everyone that this is his more casual show, put on by "the greatest venue in the city, Sunset Bench!" He'll be headlining at "a lesser venue, the Navras Opera House, tomorrow night." After that, he hops off the stage to hobnob with the crowd.
Brakken nudges first Geoff, then Rosalyn. "Let's go meet this 'famous adventurer' and here what he has to say himself." He seems pretty eager.
Josiah: "Won't be boring, at least."
Geoff sighs, but gets up from his chair. Cpt. Taylor gives a mock salute and heads off with the tiefling and the minotaur to see the celebrity.
Serena blends into the crowd but stays close.
Aleith|DM: The argument between Augst and the other man gets even more heated, with Augst snapping at a waitress who comes by to offer them drinks, then yelling, "We're not running. That's just throwing money away! We need firepower, not a damn escape route! And because you couldn't just shut up and agree, now I've missed half the show!"
Gaethan pays extra attention to the crowd, trying to keep a wide view.
Josiah‘ glances over at Dima and Gaethan… decides he’ll be the obvious bodyguard with the diplomat.
Aleith|DM: The man looks like he's trying to calm Augst down, but then the laywer gestures to his nearby bodyguards and starts heading out.
Dima glances over at Carlao. "Seems a mark of ours is upset he didn't get to see the show. You're good with words, you want to see if Rock can change his mind and mollify him a little?"
Aleith|DM: Doesn't look like he's going to be here much longer
Serena fades deeper into the crowd and vanishes…
Aleith|DM: Stealth check?
Serena rolled d20+12 and got 9 ( Total: 21 ) for Stealth
Dima frowns, then edges his way into the crowd, pointing at the departing Augst. "Hey, Rock, did you say something in that last set to upset the crowd back there? Or are you just going to let them walk away?"
Aleith|DM: Yeah that's good enough. They don't spot you slipping through the crowd.
Rock looks up from signing someone's abs. "What? I've got plenty of loving fans right here!" he says, gesturing with the pen at the large crowd, including an ambassador and two peace-talk-delegates.
Aleith|DM: Alright. Anyone heading in Serena's direction?
Josiah‘ is better put to use at a distance if anything does happen anyway…
Dima shrugs, then follows Serena. Or at least where he thinks she went. Just to be around in case something goes south, acting when she does.
Aleith|DM: Alright. Attack roll for your surprise Garrote action, Serena?
Serena rolled d20+12 and got 16 ( Total: 28 ) for vs Reflex
Aleith|DM: Yep that’s a hit.
Serena rolled 2d4+16 and got 1, 4 ( Total: 21.0 ) for yeah I'm burning my poison on this just to take him out in one move.
Aleith|DM: whatever that's a 23
Aleith|DM: Yoink! Carlao distracts some of the guards for several seconds, which is long enough for you to pull him behind the counter before they notice. He's out cold! [KO!]
[OOC] Serena: Death Attack or something
Aleith|DM: Yeah sure that's probably something she'd have as an actual PC….
Carlao is quiet, but effective.
Serena hauls the lawyer over the counter and immediately ducks down and under, pulling him out of sight completely.
Dima: "Excuse me, do any of you have the time?"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 28:Liaison | 27:Pistoleer C | 25:Kaea | 25:Scoundrel E | 24:Scoundrel B | 24:Scoundrel C | 20:Scoundrel A | 17:Pistoleer B | 15:Gaethan | 15:Scoundrel D | 15:Pistoleer A | 14:Scoundrel F | 12:Dima | 12:Serena | 11:Carlao | 11:Josiah |
Aleith|DM: Oh right no Kaea. The thugs seem confused.
Aleith|DM: Gaethan?
Gaethan doesn't flinch.
Aleith|DM: There's a lot of confusion going around. The guards spread out, asking some patrons if they've seen the man they've been with, asking some of the staff, but….
Aleith|DM: Serena, another Stealth check?
Gaethan casually watches over the ambassadors, instead.
Aleith|DM: Either that or a Bluff check
Carlao acts casual.
Serena rolled d20+12 and got 17 ( Total: 29 ) for time to stay hidden
Aleith|DM: And the body, too. Good job.
Aleith|DM: They wander out, several minutes later, with much confusion and hurling of threats at each other for losing him.
Serena and the body are hiding underneath Brakkens big-ass coat. God Bless Minotaurs
Aleith|DM: Indeed.
Aleith|DM: Alright. Eventually, Rock Rackus comes back from his break hobnobbing with the crowd and continues his performance.
Aleith|DM: Several minutes after that, Zane shows up.
Josiah: "So… the guy they were meeting with is still here."
Aleith|DM: The man Augst was seen speaking with has left.
Gaethan: "Someone remembers his description, right?"
Aleith|DM: He seems to have disappeared during the confusion.
Serena literally puts up a periscope (where the hell does she keep all these gadgets) to watch for Zane, and then hands Augst over with the most unbearably smug face.
[OOC] Josiah: oh ignore me then, his pog never moved so I assumed he was just sitting there haha
[OOC] Aleith|DM: I was just typing that up when you said that, so fair enough.
Zane: "… I'm never gonna hear the end of this one, am I?"
Josiah: "Yeah, I got it."
Serena: "Nope. Happy hunting."
Serena: "Gimme back my garrote first."
Aleith|DM: Alright. The night at the bar wraps up after a few more hours, and much drinking was had. By the delegates, anyway. Hopefully not much drinking on the job….
Dima *is* a dwarf. How much can it actually affect his constitution?
Serena keeps ordering metheglin. Which turns out to be… water?
Gaethan doesn't partake in mind-altering substances, his mind is altered enough.
Aleith|DM: As for Augst, well…
Aleith|DM: He's pretty willing to roll over for what he knows as long as he can get a deal on a reduced sentence.
Zane will make that deal. "Aw man, I didn't even have to torture you."
Augst: "I'm not exactly the type to resist. Sorry if that hurts your evening's plans."
Aleith|DM: All in all, the info's worth 10 Task Force Tokens, as well as 2 Strikes.
[OOC] Dima: Woof.
[OOC] Serena: holy fucking shit lol
[OOC] Gaethan: Yeah+!
Aleith|DM: He knows a lot about Kell's operation.
Aleith|DM: According to him, he was practically running it.
Serena: "Its OK, this novel you are helping me write goes a long, long way toward me getting over it."
Aleith|DM: Has been for the past several years.
Aleith|DM: Additionally, Augst tells you what he knows about how they transfer materials to the Bleak Gate for the Ob.
Aleith|DM: There's five arcane sigils that they enscribe on the crates that they send over. The crates get sent down the Stanfield Canal.
Aleith|DM: After passing beneath several bridges, the crates disappear.
Aleith|DM: The Ob hasn't told them anything beyond 'put these on the crates and send them down the canal' but he's done some investigating on his own.
Aleith|DM: There's 5 bridges with rings of rusted metal worked into the stone on the underside, and they have sigils of their own enscribed on them matching the ones they put on the crates.
Aleith|DM: He sketches the sigils for you.
Dima is writing all of this down, of course. Someone's got to be the scribe…
Aleith|DM: However, he tried sending some tests through when the Ob weren't expecting shipments. The crates would disappear, but it popped up back in the water a few minutes later, bobbing in place. Augst's not sure if the Ob can turn their gates on and off, or if there's some extra process at the end that's required to make the transition permanent.
Zane: "I know a couple of pretty clever types. They can probably figure this out. … Are you sure I can't torture you even a little? Break a finger or two maybe? No? Nothin'?"
Aleith|DM: Alright, that went pretty well. You can all switch over now.
[OOC] Zane: B Team your stats are subpar but you still get shit done <3
Augst: "Yes, I'm sure. I know a good lawyer I can countersue you with for police brutality…"
Phyllis: "Oho, though my touch is a bit more gentle."
Phyllis: "You've been very cooperative. Good boy."
Zane considers. "Probably wouldn't be good for my record to have a brutality complaint hanging around. I suppose you can pass this time."
Gerald: "We should probably ask him what the meeting at the bar was about…?"
Aleith|DM: He was trying to get backup from the Ob due to your guys' crackdown.
Aleith|DM: The Ob wanted to pull him, Kell, and a few of their lieutenants out and give up the operation, but Augst wasn't going to go along with that. After all, there's money to be made if they could only drive you off….
Chandrasekhar pats Zane on the shoulder consolingly.
Zane looks sad. Then perks. "Speaking of. Where the hell *is* Kell?"
Phyllis: "The Theater of Scoundrels is looking more and more like a house of cards each day."
Ernst: "What's next on the agenda anyways?"
Augst shrugs. "He's left the Theatre and gone into hiding. He's got a few different safehouses, and I don't know where all of them are."
Aleith|DM: What's on your schedule tonight for dealing with an incoming shipment for the radicals?
Aleith|DM: You've got a dock they're probably landing at.
Garrett‘ is scouting the dock as we speak.
Aleith|DM: What time?
[OOC] Garrett: go time
Aleith|DM: That’s not an answer….
[OOC] Garrett: I wasn't really expecting the question
Aleith|DM: It's been asked, though.
Aleith|DM: Alright. You show up in the evening around dinnertime and the dock's quiet.
Aleith|DM: It's a bit after 10 when some dockers start wandering over to the dock.
[OOC] Phyllis: Just Garrett? Or more of us?
Zane brought people coffee. And sandwiches. And chocolate.
Ernst probably can chill on a roof with a rifle or something. He shouldn't be on the ground though he's bad at stealth.
Aleith|DM: I'm assuming that eventually you're all there.
Aleith|DM: Probably just missing Zane and Gerald at first, Gerald shows up a bit later, and then Zane around 10.
Zane: "(I swear to all the tiny gods, if I wasn't trying to be sneaky right now I'd be whistling. Also remind me I owe Serena something terribly expensive and probably sharp.)"
Gerald‘ glances at Ernst, glances down at the docks after turning up. "Man, I reeeeally need to get around to actually building those scopes now that I got the blue prints all sorted out."
Garrett: "(You shouldn’t date your coworkers, Zane.)"
Aleith|DM: Around 10:30, a few dwarves show up and start organizing the dockers.
Phyllis: "(Dima and I have a strictly professional relationship, sadly.)"
Chandrasekhar snorts.
Zane: "(Never touched her, man. Though after tonight I could damn near kiss her on the mouth.)"
Phyllis: "(Are those our marks? Let me know if you need some scrying or other, well, reconnaisance.)"
Gerald: "…Wait actually I did that a few weeks ago. It's even in my pouch! Here gemme a sec to attach it, Ernst. Made a whole bunch of 'em."
Garrett: "(Yeah, well, if she shows up with punture wounds below her lips- oh, hey, something's happening.)"
Ernst lets out a deep sigh. "(Party too hard on your last venture, did we?)"
Aleith|DM: Alright. Perception checks?
Zane: "(Hey man, some ladies appreciate a man with tusks…)"
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+13 and got 12 ( Total: 25 ) for perception
Zane rolled d20+10 and got 11 ( Total: 21 ) for haha Pereption
Gerald: "It was at some weird ass bar, and nothing was offered. KInda sucked."
Ernst rolled d20+12 and got 14 ( Total: 26.0 )
Gerald` rolled d20+14 and got 9 ( Total: 23 )
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+8 and got 14 ( Total: 22.0 )
Phyllis rolled d20+7 and got 13 ( Total: 20.0 )
Aleith|DM: It’s a bit after 11 when you see a ship start to pull close. And that's pretty much due to how close it's getting-the whole ship's dark, not a light to be seen. You could've sworn it wasn't even there until a couple hundred feet out when it just sort of faded into sight.
Gerald: "Wow that's some good camo."
Ernst: "We know what the cargo is?"
Gerald: "Something dangerous."
Phyllis: "Reagents for the bomb, I recall?"
Phyllis: "Shouldn't you know?"
Garrett: "(Yeah, definitely not blowing the hull out of this one…)"
Garrett: "(… though how are they going to get the cargo off?)"
Zane: "(Bug *gods* can you imagine? Would make that one ship look like a damned firecracker…)"
Zane snickers quietly.
Ernst: "(I wouldn't recommend it if it does stock the bomb materials unless you want to lose the port and some nearby dockers.)"
Zane: "(Well obviously not *now*, I woulda done it in the harbor.)"
Aleith|DM: The boat pulls up, and the dockers start heading over to the boat to start unloading it.
Phyllis: "(Frayed chronosomia, if … if I remember right, and if I'm correct in mapping those notes to this shipment.)"
Garrett: "(We should get the dockers out of there now, then.)"
Ernst: "(Suppose we'll find out shortly. I can't imagine that bomb is the only trick they have up their sleeve regardless.)"
Gerald‘ starts lining up a shot with his scoped rifle, on that important looking fellow in the cloak as soon as he steps off the boat.
Aleith|DM: A couple of dockers start getting a crane ready to go.
Garrett: "(Take it whenever you’re ready.)"
Zane nods at Gerald.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Phyllis | 24:Gerald | 20:Garrett | 18:Chandrasekhar | 18:Zane | 17:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Surprise round! One standard action each.
Gerald‘ exhale completely, pauses a tick to make sure he’s still got the robed man properly lines up… then quickly pulls the trigger twice on him. [Biting Volley]
Phyllis: As it draws closer to night, some of the dwarves grow tired, exhaustion finding them easily now. [Sleep] [Orb of Imposition] [Orb of Mental Dominion] [Amulet of Elegy]
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 19 ( Total: 35 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 7 [Total: 23]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 58
Aleith|DM: There’s three dwarves in there…roll for the prophet?
Phyllis rolled 3#d20+15(1) and got 14 ( Total: 29.0 ) for vs Will, Prophet A, Eschatologist A, Eschatologist B
Also rolled 3#d20+15(2) and got 13 [Total: 28.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+15(3) and got 13 [Total: 28.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 85.0, Avg: 13.33
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in d10r2
Aleith|DM: //oh That was for Gerald never mind

Gerald‘ rolled 1d10r2: (2, 1, 10) [Total: 10 (High), Avg and got 10.00
Also rolled 3d6+31 and got 1, 3, 3 [Total: 38.0 (Low), Avg: 2.33]
Also rolled 2d10r2+11 and got 6, 6 [Total: 23.0 (Avg), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 71.0, Avg: 4.83
Phyllis: Slow (Save Ends), Unconscious on first failed saving throw. -3 to all, -5 to Prophet, Prophet rolls twice takes lower.
Aleith|DM: Gerald’s target is [KO'd!]
Aleith|DM: All three dwarves are slowed!
Garrett‘ will climb down I suppose haha. [athletics]
Garrett` rolled 1d10+14 and got 9 ( Total: 23 )
Garrett: erm
Garrett` rolled 1d20+143 and got 3 ( Total: 146 )
[OOC] Garrett: goddamnit
Garrett` rolled 1d20+14 and got 4 ( Total: 18 )
Zane mutters "(Jesus, Gerald…)" and sends an arrow into Prophet A. [Shortbow RBA]
Zane rolled d20+16 and got 15 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 2d8+7 and got 7, 3 ( Total: 17.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 17!] I think this is a case where the aura doesn’t affect himself since
Aleith|DM: 'affects allies' and not 'allies and himself'
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Phyllis: That's why he gets the -5 reroll twice for Sleep, yes.
Aleith|DM: Garret makes it down.
Gerald: "…Old habit die hard, huh Garrett?"
Garrett: "(Wha-)"
Garrett: "(Oh, shit.)"
Gerald: "The carbine!"
Garrett: "(Yeah, ahah.)"
Chandrasekhar invokes the [Spirit of the Virtuous Charger]!
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst had the Escatologist Radical (C) lined up with Stockes carbine. They fire off a simple [Magic Weapon] at them.
Ernst rolled d20+17 and got 19 ( Total: 36.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled d8+9 and got 4 ( Total: 13.0 ) for +2 to hit +3 damage for Gerald/Ernst, -1 AC for the enemy. Activating Transposing Carbine as a free action to swap the enemy and Stockes position.
Aleith|DM: The radical barks off a curse as he winds up on the rooftop between you and Gerald.
Aleith|DM: It's in dwarven, though, so only Phyllis really understands it.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Phyllis | 25:Radical C | 24:Gerald | 20:Garrett | 19:Radical D | 18:Chandrasekhar | 18:Zane | 17:Ernst | 15:Radical B | 13:Prophet A | 8:Prophet B | 6:Radical A |
Ernst then activates Stockes siren for good measure.
Aleith|DM: Gunman J starts looking for the source of the gunshots.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Gerald: "…Ernst."
Gerald: "First of all, that is a cool as hell enchantment."
Gerald: "Second of all, that was dumb as hell."
Ernst: "Figured you could use the company." He smiles.
Aleith|DM: The hatch on the rear of the ship opens up. There's some commotion down below.
Phyllis decides to make things easier for Ernst and Gerald. "Heads up!" A swarm of small illusory sprites flit around Radical C! [Winged Horde]
Phyllis rolled d20+17 and got 9 ( Total: 26.0 ) for vs Will, also a [Mage Hand]
Phyllis rolled d6+7 and got 5 ( Total: 12.0 ) for and can't make OAs UEoPNT
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Radical C goes sooner than I thought for that.
Aleith|DM: He takes out his hammer and swings at Ernst!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 12 ( Total: 26 )
Gerald: "Interruptingfirearmsayswhat." [Disruptiv Strike as there's suddenly a shotgun in his hand.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 14 ( Total: 30 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 7 [Total: 23]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 53
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
[OOC] Ernst: +2 to hit
[OOC] Ernst: Magic weapon
[OOC] Phyllis: Also CA
Gerald` rolled 2d8+14 and got 8, 4 ( Total: 26 ) for both hit anyway, -7 to attack, misses ernst
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: So much for that radical.
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` then tucks it back away as he shifts his scope over to Radical D and fires off two more shots. [Two-Fanged Strike]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+18(1) and got 13 ( Total: 31 )
Also rolled 2#d20+18(2) and got 19 [Total: 37]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 68
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled d10r2+14: (1, 7) [Total: 21.0 (High), Avg and got 7.00
d10r2+18: 9 [Total: 27.0 (High), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 48.0, Avg: 8.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Gunmans A and F fire at Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 15 ( Total: 30.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 7 [Total: 22.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 52.0, Avg: 11.00
Aleith|DM: 10 damage to Stocke!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` dances around to one side and then careens into Eschatologist Prophet A! [Charge]
[OOC] Garrett: move, charge
Garrett` rolled 1d20+21 and got 2 ( Total: 23 ) for vs AC, First Strike, charge
Garrett` rolled 1d4+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
Also rolled 2d8 and got 6, 6 [Total: 12]
Aleith|DM: Hit due to abysmally low AC….
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 28
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 28! Bloodied!
[OOC] Garrett: can I free action press the advantage
[OOC] Garrett: I mean normally it’s free anyway, but charge
Aleith|DM: yes
Aleith|DM: Free actions are still allowed
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+20 and got 9 ( Total: 29 ) for vs AC, also it’s prone? lol
Garrett‘ rolled 2d4+13 and got 3, 1 ( Total: 17 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Gunman D shoots at Garrett!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 19 ( Total: 36 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 10 damage!
Aleith|DM: Zane? Chandrasekhar?
Chandrasekhar charges in, feet -flying-, running faster than usual, and collides with Radical A! [Charge Virtuous Strike] + [Call of Challenge]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+18 and got 3 ( Total: 21 ) for vs.AC
Aleith|DM: Miss!
[OOC] Zane: Even with him being asleep?
Aleith|DM: He’s not asleep yet
[OOC] Zane: Aha
Zane hops down off the roof. "RHC. Those of you still alive and in the area are all under arrest." [Safewing Amulet, Nimble Drop] And then pops off an arrow at gunman B. [RBA]
Zane rolled d20+16 and got 12 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Phyllis peers down. "'No one needs Featherfall,' they said, Tenser's Rope is all the rage now,' they said…"
Aleith|DM: Gunman H moves off the boat and fires at Garrett!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+7 and got 18 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: 10 damage!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst has Stocke use a [Slick Concoction - Minor Action] to slide 5 squares right past the enemy on the steps. He then fires a Magic Weapon at Gunman F [Standard] and then waddles down the hatch. [Move]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+17(1) and got 18 ( Total: 35.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+17(2) and got 17 [Total: 34.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 69.0, Avg: 17.50
Aleith|DM: Well, uh
Aleith|DM: when you look down the hatch
Aleith|DM: there's a minotaur in a cage who's top just got popped off…?
Aleith|DM: You probably don't want to fall down there.
Ernst: "Just a heads up Phyllis, this isn't the bomb shipment. They have some strong monsters in cages down here."
Gerald: "Huh…"
Aleith|DM: And this is no friendly ambassador from Ber.
[OOC] Ernst: I killed F
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Phyllis: "I did say it was a guess."
Aleith|DM: Is Stocke falling down onto the Minotaur or staying up top?
[OOC] Ernst: Will falling on it do fall damage to it?
Aleith|DM: It's not a very far fall
[OOC] Ernst: I'll fall down and get a better visual on everything.
Aleith|DM rolled d10 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
Aleith|DM: Stocke takes 8 damage falling and is knocked prone.
Aleith|DM: There's 5 more cages and each one has a different beast. Looks like there's several dwarves down here moving the crates around.
Ernst: "They have five more beasts but they're still in their cages. We have to make sure these things don't leave the docks if they're released."
Gerald: "Salute."
[OOC] Ernst: EoT obv
Aleith|DM: Radical B swings his hammer at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 13 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM: Missing due to bonuses!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-3 and got 20 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: And shakes off the slow.
Aleith|DM: Gunmans G, I, K, E…
Aleith|DM: oh wait I and K are down below….
Aleith|DM: never mind they're above
Aleith|DM: E shoots at Garrett
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 9 ( Total: 26 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: G, I, and K all shoot at Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+17(1) and got 4 ( Total: 21.0 )
Also rolled 3#d20+17(2) and got 11 [Total: 28.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+17(3) and got 20 [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 86.0, Avg: 11.67
Aleith|DM: Hitting twice for 10 each!
Ernst interrupts one of those with a [Shocking Feedback]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 6 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 17 [Total: 33.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 55.0, Avg: 11.50
[OOC] Ernst: Stocke does rather
Aleith|DM: Hits! [KO!]
[OOC] Ernst: Resist 5 for the hits
Aleith|DM: Okay you only take 5
Aleith|DM: err, 10?
Aleith|DM: total
[OOC] Ernst: 10 yeah
Aleith|DM: Is it UEoNT?
[OOC] Ernst: Yeah
Aleith|DM: kk
Aleith|DM: 1 is KO'd!
Aleith|DM: The minotaur (with wild red hair glowing like flames) claws at Stocke with both hands! [Claws]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 6 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 20 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 58.0, Avg: 13.00
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+5 and got 5, 4 ( Total: 14.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 14 and grabbing the little robot!
Aleith|DM: It then climbs out of the cage, dragging the robot with it, onto the docks.
Aleith|DM: Gunman C shoots at Garrett!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 15 ( Total: 32 )
Gerald: "Uhh…"
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 10!
Gerald: "Zane, that's NOT the Ambassador, right?"
Aleith|DM: The last radical then swings his hammer at Chandrasekhar!
Ernst: "All part of the plan to get the Minotaur in range for you to shoot the shit out of it Gerald."
Ernst: "It was down below before."
Aleith|DM: The minotaur's actually radiating dim light from his fire-red fur…
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 17 ( Total: 31 )
Zane: "… As undeniably awesome as that would be, no. Shoot it dead."
Aleith|DM: Hitting the eladrin for 12 physical and 5 cold damage, marking him!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-3 and got 11 ( Total: 8 )
Aleith|DM: Before falling unconcious, snoring….
Gerald: "…"
Gerald: "The fuck."
Garrett: "…yeah, I'll take that."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Phyllis | 24:Gerald | 20:Garrett | 18:Chandrasekhar | 18:Zane | 17:Ernst | 15:Radical B | 10:Savage Minotaur | 6:Radical A |
Gerald: "Should… I still take some shots at it if it's asleep…?"
Aleith|DM: Gunman J shoots at Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 6 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Phyllis: "It's a deep enough sleep. Go for it."
Gerald: "Oh, okay."
[OOC] Phyllis: Knockout Blow: Breaks on damage! Sleep sleep: A-okay!
Ernst: "To be honest, I'm quite pleased that most of their team has been shooting the robot with their siren blaring and not… Garrett."
[OOC] Zane: fucking wizards :(
Aleith|DM: There's some more shuffling of cages, and a…large quadraped with a couple of long appendages hops out onto the roof of the boat!
Zane: "… Oh boy."
Aleith|DM: It…lashes out at the nearby gunman.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 19 ( Total: 35 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Garrett: "Dibs to do what, hit it?"
Chandrasekhar: "What in the world…"
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Ernst: "I'd appreciate if you shoot the minotaur currently holding my robot first, but…"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Phyllis | 25:Displacer Beast | 24:Gerald | 20:Garrett | 18:Chandrasekhar | 18:Zane | 17:Ernst | 15:Radical B | 10:Savage Minotaur | 6:Radical A |
Gerald: "Man, this is the EXACT reason you built stocke with easy to replace parts, I'm not killin either of them in a single salvo so I'm gettin' a heard start on the fucking displacer. Which is way scarier."
Phyllis looks for a ladder. There?
Aleith|DM: Yeah, sure.
Phyllis climbs down. Ground floor, how much move left?
Aleith|DM: You can drop the last 5 feet without penalty. No movement
Ernst: "Technically I can dismiss him right now. I'm just seeing how long he lasts for my own amusement."
no movement left
Phyllis plop.
[OOC] Phyllis: though sec
Aleith|DM: Unless you want to use your standard for something
Phyllis just gets closer. [Standard->Move] [Mage Hand]
Garrett‘ shouts: "Dockers, in the water, unless you want to get shoved off by that thing!"
Aleith|DM: AH yes, uh
Aleith|DM: they’re running.
Phyllis: "RHC here, taking care of the situation."
Phyllis waves them right and left.
Aleith|DM: The ones on the dock jump into the water
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ flicks over towards the displacer beast, exhales, then empties a clip into it. [AP] [Twin Shot]x2
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+18(1) and got 20 ( Total: 38 )
Also rolled 2#d20+18(2) and got 6 [Total: 24]
Also rolled 2#d20+21(1) and got 17 [Total: 38]
Also rolled 2#d20+21(2) and got 6 [Total: 27]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 127
Aleith|DM: Okay so there’s a funny thing about displacer beasts
Aleith|DM: but you ignored it with your first shot :( :( :(
Aleith|DM: Displacement (illusion): When a melee or a ranged attack hits the displacer beast, if the player rolled an odd number on the attack roll, the attack misses. If the player rolled an even number on the attack roll, the attack hits as normal, and the beast loses this trait until the start of its next turn.
Aleith|DM: Sadly a crit is definitely even
Aleith|DM: and this trait is not in play until its next turn…..
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald‘ rolled 3d6+16 and got 3, 2, 1 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 2d10r2+6 and got (1, 5), (1, 2, 9) [Total: 20.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 2d10r2+12 and got (1, 4), 3 [Total: 19.0 (Low), Avg: 3.50]
Total: 61.0, Avg: 3.86
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 61!
Aleith|DM: Rude
Gerald` rolled 4d10r2: 4, (2, 5), 9, 9 [Total: 27 (High), Avg and got 6.75
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 27 more! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Gunman A shoots at Garrett again!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 18 ( Total: 35 )
Aleith|DM: 10 damage!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Gerald` knocks the bullet out of the sky, somehow. [Defensive Shot] [-10 Damage]
Zane: "… I am so glad we poached him from wherever the hell he was going before Phyllis got ahold of his paperwork."
Phyllis: "What."
Zane: "Nothing."
Phyllis: "Oh, their mercenary?"
Zane: "No, Gerald."
Garrett` turns to the sleeping Radical A and gives it a not-so-pleasant stab. [Opening Move]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+20 and got 2 ( Total: 22 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: He’s helpless. Hit!
Garrett‘ rolled 3d6+36 and got 4, 5, 6 ( Total: 51 ) for +6 ac/ref UEoNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Garrett` moves down the dock a bit and then sends a flurry of shadowy daggers up onto the bow. [Move][AP][Cloud of Steel]
Garrett` rolled 4#1d20+19(1) and got 16 ( Total: 35 ) for vs AC, -2 for cover, +3 Action Surge, A, C, D, E
Also rolled 4#1d20+19(2) and got 17 [Total: 36]
Also rolled 4#1d20+19(3) and got 19 [Total: 38]
Also rolled 4#1d20+19(4) and got 4 [Total: 23]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 132
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO! * 4!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar teleports out of the way of the remaining radical onto the dock, prays for [Virtue], and then runs down the dock shouting, charging the minotaur! [Virtuous Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+18 and got 10 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+13 and got 8 ( Total: 21 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 21!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane puts an arrow in the now-open Radicals chest. [Shortbow RBA]
Zane rolled d20+16 and got 2 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Gunman H shoots at Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 8 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: -2 to that because firing against prone anyway…
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst has Stocke give itself [+1 AC - Resistive Formula] before he shifts beside Gerald and fires his Carbine at the remaining Radical. [Magic Weapon]
Ernst rolled d20+17 and got 12 ( Total: 29.0 )
Ernst rolled d8+9 and got 6 ( Total: 15.0 ) for +3 dmg +2 to hit for Gerald
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 27:Gunman J | 25:Phyllis | 25:Displacer Beast | 24:Gerald | 20:Garrett | 18:Chandrasekhar | 18:Zane | 17:Ernst | 17:Gunman H | 15:Radical B | 14:Gunman K | 10:Savage Minotaur |
Aleith|DM: Radical B moves to swing his warhammer at Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 13 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 12 physical and 5 cold damage, marking him!
Aleith|DM: Gunman K fires at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 15 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 10!
Gerald: "Hey Zane you want me to get that offa you?"
Aleith|DM: The minotaur impales Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 2 ( Total: 16 ) for vs Fort
Zane: "Oof. That would be lovely thanks."
Aleith|DM: …missing with its horns.
Gerald: "H’kay."
Aleith|DM: The dockers on the streets flee the scene, while the ones in the water start swimming
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 27:Gunman J | 25:Phyllis | 25:Displacer Beast | 24:Gerald | 20:Garrett | 18:Chandrasekhar | 18:Zane | 17:Ernst | 17:Gunman H | 15:Radical B | 14:Gunman K | 10:Savage Minotaur |
Aleith|DM: Gunman J pulls out another firearm and fires at Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 15 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: hitting for 10
Ernst burns the resistive formula as a free action [+28 THP]
Aleith|DM: ….right.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Aleith|DM: Oh wait
Ernst: If I was level 11 btw Aleith
Aleith|DM: There's more cage-shuffling
[OOC] Ernst: Fuck
Aleith|DM: and a manticore flies out of the hold.
Chandrasekhar: "Oh Goddess why."
Gerald: "Woah, don't see many of THOSE that are capable of flight."
Phyllis walks past Zane and Radical B, blasting the latter with a drive-by [Illusory Ambush].
Ernst: "Shoot that down, fast."
Phyllis rolled d20+17 and got 7 ( Total: 24.0 ) for Will
Aleith|DM: The manticore launches a tail spike at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 11 ( Total: 26 )
Aleith|DM: Missing…
Phyllis rolled d6+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18.0 ) for -2 tohit UEoNT
Gerald: "This is what we in the biz call a target rich enviroment, Ernst."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 27:Gunman J | 27:Manticore | 25:Phyllis | 25:Displacer Beast | 24:Gerald | 20:Garrett | 18:Chandrasekhar | 18:Zane | 17:Ernst | 17:Gunman H | 15:Radical B | 14:Gunman K | 10:Savage Minotaur |
Ernst: "… is that actually a saying?"
Ernst: "What business…?"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
Gerald: "The business of shooting people from long distances."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: BLoodied!
Gerald: "…War college thing, don't worry about it."
Zane: "Yes, 'target rich environment' is a legitimate term."
Aleith|DM: The displacer beast hops off the boat onto the dock and scampers up to Garrett!
[OOC] Garrett: come at me
Aleith|DM: The beast bites at Garrett!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 9 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: Missing by a long shot :(
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald: "Mmm…"
Gerald: "Actually you got that Zane, savin' Garrett." [Twin Shot]
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+19(1) and got 2 ( Total: 21 )
Also rolled 2#d20+19(2) and got 13 [Total: 32]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 53
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in 2d10r2+9
Gerald` rolled 2d10r2+9 and got 5, 9 ( Total: 23.0 )
Gerald: "…Or I would be if that first head had been real…? Whatever. Fucking displacers."
Zane: "Also works."
Aleith|DM: //Neither of those shots hit….

Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` does a fanciful strike at the displacer beast! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+18 and got 2 ( Total: 20 )
Aleith|DM: The beast pushes you back one square! [Brutal Tactics]
Garrett: "Well fine, fuck you." [Move -> shift 1] He whistles sharply, invigorating himself! [Majestic Word]
[OOC] Garrett: no wait
[OOC] Garrett: majestic word first since it slides me 1
[OOC] Garrett: and then I [move]
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane smashes his elbow into Radical Bs throat… [MBA, possible AP]
Zane rolled d20+17 and got 17 ( Total: 34 )
Zane rolled 2d8+9 and got 3, 8 ( Total: 20.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Zane then whips out his sword and [Charge]s the displacer beast with a roar. [Swift Charge: +2 Speed when charging]
Zane rolled d20+17 and got 11 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Miss! Seems like the displacer beast wasn’t where you thought it was.
Zane laughs. "I love this thing."
Chandrasekhar brings his sword up and light shines off it -just right-… [Radiant Delirium] [Divine Challenge]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+13 and got 18 ( Total: 31 ) for vs. Ref
Gerald: "I would like it if it was one of the trained ones and not trying to murder us, that thing where they blink and weren't actually there sucks."
Garrett: "That was one heck of a word salad."
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+8 and got 4, 6, 1 ( Total: 19 ) for Radiant, target dazed UEONT, -2 penalty to AC (save ends)
Aleith|DM: Hit! [19!] But before you hit it, it swings as you leave yourself open to cast that! [OA on ranged attack]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 14 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+5 and got 5, 5 ( Total: 15.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 15!
Aleith|DM: And now it's dazed and can't OA…
Aleith|DM: Gunman H shoots at Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+17 and got 20 ( Total: 37 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 15!
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Phyllis rolls up her sleeves, ready to start some more serious spellslinging now that she's actually in the fray.
Ernst takes a [Standard] to aim at the Manticore. Stocke then gives Chandra +1 AC [You can terminate this at any point you wish for [+30 THP]. [EoT]
Aleith|DM: Gunman K shoots at Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 19 ( Total: 34 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 10!
Aleith|DM: The minotaur claws at Chandrasekhar twice!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 10 ( Total: 26.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 19 [Total: 35.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 61.0, Avg: 14.50
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+5 and got 1, 5 ( Total: 11.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting Chandrasekhar for 11 and grabbing him!
Gerald: "Be with you in a second buddy!"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 27:Gunman J | 27:Manticore | 25:Phyllis | 25:Displacer Beast | 24:Gerald | 20:Garrett | 18:Chandrasekhar | 18:Zane | 17:Ernst | 17:Gunman H | 14:Gunman K | 10:Savage Minotaur |
Gerald: "…Okay I got a plan."
Aleith|DM: Gunman J shoots at Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 6 ( Total: 21 )
Ernst: "… is that Manticore coming for us?"
Ernst: "We haven't even shot it yet."
Aleith|DM: There's some more shuffling of cages down below, but it doesn't look like anything's coming out at the moment.
Gerald: "Maybe? I imagine the dockers are more appetizing snacks."
Aleith|DM: The manticore striker flies closer and sends a tail spike at Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 5 ( Total: 20 )
Gerald: "Or just cricling around to flank."
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Zane chops it out of the air with a flick of his blade.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 27:Gunman J | 27:Manticore | 26:Displacer Beast | 25:Phyllis | 24:Gerald | 20:Garrett | 18:Chandrasekhar | 18:Zane | 18:Gunman H | 17:Ernst | 14:Gunman K | 10:Savage Minotaur |
Aleith|DM: The displacer beast bites at Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 7 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM: Also parried!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
[OOC] Phyllis: The dockers have surely kept swimming, right?
Aleith|DM: yes
Aleith|DM: I moved them more
Aleith|DM: already
Aleith|DM: swimming is half speed…
[OOC] Phyllis: hm. zane do you mind possibly getting hit
Aleith|DM: the thing is flying
Aleith|DM: you can raise the bottom of the 'cube' above people's heads
[OOC] Zane: Nope, do your thing.
[OOC] Phyllis: i … i know but i can also clip the displacer beast
Aleith|DM: oh
Aleith|DM: Hit Zane >_>
[OOC] Zane: hahaha
Phyllis sends a [Color Spray] from her orb, dazzling those caught in it!
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 5 ( Total: 20.0 ) for vs Will, Zane Displacer
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 20 [Total: 35.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 55.0, Avg: 12.50
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+17(1) and got 5 ( Total: 22.0 ) for vs Will, Manticore with CA
Also rolled 2#d20+17(2) and got 12 [Total: 29.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 51.0, Avg: 8.50
[OOC] Phyllis: Whoops ignore the second
Aleith|DM: Miss, crit, hit!
Phyllis rolled 3d6+16 and got 2, 5, 1 ( Total: 24.0 ) for crit against DISPLACER whoops
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 24!
Phyllis rolled d6+10 and got 3 ( Total: 13.0 ) for damage against Manticore
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!
[OOC] Phyllis: Also dazed
[OOC] Phyllis: Also radiant damage, displacer also takes psychic from crit
Phyllis: "Sit the [dwarven word from earlier] down!"
Aleith|DM: Okay!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald: "Anyway, don't mind me just borrowing your gun a moment Ernst." Geralds hand shoots out to the side, grabbing Ernst's distance shotgun before swinging it around towards the Displacer Beast. [Quarry] [Twin Shot]
Gerald‘ rolled 4#d20+16(1) and got 19 ( Total: 35 )
Also rolled 4#d20+16(2) and got 18 [Total: 34]
Also rolled 4#d20+16(3) and got 18 [Total: 34]
Also rolled 4#d20+16(4) and got 15 [Total: 31]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 134
Gerald` rolled 2d8+6 and got 6, 6 ( Total: 18 )
d8+6: 2 [Total: 8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 26
Aleith|DM: hmmm
Aleith|DM: That first roll on the twin shot misses then the 2nd check dispels
Aleith|DM: so one hit on the first, 2 on the 2nd
Aleith|DM: Oh right long range anyway no extra dice
[OOC] Gerald: at range anyway so it didn’t matter
[OOC] Gerald: extra d8 was quarry
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 26! KO!
Gerald: "Bam."
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Ernst: "You'd be surprised how often the utility of that comes up where the extra distance makes all the difference."
Gerald: "It's definitely handy yeah."
Garrett‘ moves down the dock some and flings his dagger up at the Manticore! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+18 and got 20 ( Total: 38 ) for vs AC, +2 CA, -2 long range
Garrett` rolled 3d6+40 and got 5, 1, 3 ( Total: 49 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 49! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Zane!
Zane rushes down the pier to help his eladrin buddy. "Alright then!" [Charge]!
Zane rolled d20+18 and got 13 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 6d10+9 and got 9, 7, 8, 6, 4, 4 ( Total: 47.0 ) for assassin strike, furious assault, attack finesse
Also rolled 1d8 and got 6 [Total: 6 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 53.0, Avg: 6.29
Chandrasekhar wriggles around in the minotaur’s grasp, slamming his sword against -something- invisible in the air! [Astral Thunder]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+13 and got 4 ( Total: 17.0 ) for v. Fort
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 53! Bloodied
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Chandrasekhar keeps up the challenge on it, at least. ;~;
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst aims a [Magic Weapon] and then a [Warweavers Tether - Gerald is the point of origin of the scope attack] at the Manticore.
Ernst rolled d20+17 and got 20 ( Total: 37.0 )
d20+17: 4 [Total: 21.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 58.0, Avg: 12.00
[OOC] Ernst: Heroic the 2nd
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Aleith|DM: Err, crit even
Aleith|DM: Crit, Hit, rather
Ernst: OK I get +9 base, 2d8 d10 from scope and it's a crit and I have brutal 2
Ernst: Roll that for me as I have no idea
Aleith|DM rolled d10+2d6+35 and got 1 ( Total: 3 )
[OOC] Yamobot> Aleith|DM rolled d10+2d6+35 -: 1d10=10 2d6=6 ]{51}
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Ernst rolled 3d8+12 and got 1, 6, 2 ( Total: 21.0 ) for Warweavers on the other thing then
Aleith|DM: Yes. [21!]
Aleith|DM: Alright. There's some more shots at Stocke, the Minotaur tries to impale Chandra, but all-in-all you sweep in and take care of the rest.
Aleith|DM: It's a bit rough but you take down the minotaur and the last of the dwarven crew.
Gerald: "Scopes were a fukkin' great idea, man."
Gerald‘ hands Ernst back his shotgun.
Zane: "Well. That’s not the explosives I was expecting. But I'm damn glad we stopped this here."
Ernst takes his shotgun before sighing. "You have no idea how disorienting it is to be looking through a scope and Stocke at the same time."
Chandrasekhar: "Robots are going to put me out of a job, Ernst." He grins.
Aleith|DM: And prevent them from releasing the other three monsters-a spiky bulette, a mishapen troll, and a basilisk with blinders on it.
Garrett: "Fuck me, wouldn't have a been a good night had any else of these gotten out."
Garrett: "Flint's turning into a zoo, I tell you."
Aleith|DM: The dwarves you capture mostly just had orders to let them lose on the city and cause chaos.
Gerald: "What a bunch of assholes."
Gerald: "Would of made for a great distraction though, I'll admit."
Ernst: "The bad news is that we still have no idea where the bomb is outside of when they're actually in a position to start it ticking at the station. The wrong station if they see us, but still."
Garrett: "Time is not on our side, no."
Phyllis: "Should we look at the boat and figure out … how?" She waves her hands at it, referring to the, uh. Obscured nature of it.
Garrett: "Oh absolutely, this thing's going in lockup."
Aleith|DM: Looks like there was some kind of shrouding device on it.
Aleith|DM: Abyssal Shroud * Installed: When this magic is activated, gloom falls upon the ship in a 100-ft. radius. The engineer can activate the shroud as his naval action. A shrouded ship rolls twice for Command checks and shipboard weapon attack rolls, and takes the worse result. Other ships targeting it likewise roll twice on attacks and take the worse. At short range, the shroud does not affect attack rolls.
Aleith|DM: it also made it a perception DC 30 check to spot it
Phyllis: "Still good we caught this. Hmph."
Aleith|DM: On the morning of the 11th, you receive a message from the Cloudwood Police Station telling you that there's an orphanage several miles into the Cloudwood that's still receiving annual support payments, but no one's been out there for a while to check on it…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License