Zg Session 44

Aleith|DM: Spring 9, 4:30 PM
Aleith|DM: You're all back from your scouting and raid missions this afternoon, and your search warrant for Soknik Repairs over in the middle of Central has been approved and received.
Zane: "Gods blood, Singh. There were only four of them. You look like hell."
Gerald: "Oh, did you send him to actually fight people instead of just scouting?"
Zane: "I certainly wasn't going to send him to sneak around, now was I?"
Gerald‘ glances over at Chandra. "…Yeah, fair enough."
Zane smiles. "Also, since I don’t think I said so yet. Thank you. All of you. You did magnificently." He gives the rest of the team a small bow and doffs his hat.
Ernst: "It's going to be a busy month, that's for sure."
Gerald: "That's why they pay me the big… uh… however much they pay me."
Chandrasekhar looks like he might headbutt Zane in the chest, he's just givin' off that kind of vibe. His eyes are gone all fox-faced. "Have fun without me, friend?"
Phyllis finishes writing a letter and sealing it with wax. "If you ever need a favor -convincing- people, my services are -always- available."
Zane: "Not particularly. The building was incredibly old and rickety. We'd have all gone through the floor and worse if not for Ernst, and none of us in that." He raps his knuckles on Chandrasekhar's breastplate. "Also, if I'd sent you I'd have had corpses instead of prisoners."
Zane gives Singh a mock-haughty look. "If *I* don't get to murder slavers, nobody else gets to murder slavers either."
Chandrasekhar grins at Zane both /completely/ sincerely and with a feral, toothy cast. "You -are- one of the few people alive who can tell me what to do, after all."
Chandrasekhar: "That's fair enough, I suppose~."
Phyllis glances over at Chandra, wondering if that was an invitation or a challenge.
Gerald: "Anyway."
Zane laughs and gives the armored Eladrin a hug, clapping him on the back. "You know I wouldn't spoil your fun if it wasn't important, Singh. Think long game." Zane's grin is just plain bloodthirsty. "Soon we'll know who they were selling to."
Chandrasekhar grins and it goes /scary/ this time. "This is why we're friends, Bieito."
Garrett: "This flirting exchange is simply amazing, I tell you."
Zane: "Don't feel left out, Woodson. I'm waiting until there's a drug shipment to send *you* on the bust."
Zane is the best goddamn general.
Gerald: "It's funny because he's a dead beat." Gerald nods sagely.
Garrett: "What, like the one next Saturd- uh, hm, nevermind."
Zane: "Can't wait that long, sadly."
Chandrasekhar laughs!
Zane: "So! Warrant. Underground lair. Agent Lenz, after you."
Phyllis salutes. "Through the sewers, as Grappa showed us?"
Zane: "Unless there's a better way we know of."
Aleith|DM: The map from Kvarti starts from under Soknik Repairs, actually. Though there's probably sewer entrances nearby.
Phyllis: "- er. Kvarti, not Grappa."
Phyllis shuffles through paper. "Must have gotten my notes mixed up."
Phyllis: "Over half my mind is on paper and not in my head these days."
Zane: "I'll be honest, I wouldn't know the difference. Today was more exhausting than I thought it would be."
Phyllis: "From street sweeping to management. It's a lot to take in."
Phyllis: "Anyway. Shall we?"
Garrett: "Sounds like that other poor guy, whas'his name- Gaethan."
Gerald: "What are we looking for there again?"
Garrett‘ nods. "Yeah, lead on."
Aleith|DM: It’s a fairly short trip-only a twenty-minute walk, shorter if you take a carriage.
Aleith|DM: Soknik Repairs is one of several businesses within the nondescript building at the address. A wide glass window makes up the front of the repair shop.
Aleith|DM: Inside there is a single room storefront, with a bland rug, a few display cases, and a single door leading to the back. The cases are used to show off various technological gadgets like ornate cuckoo clocks and a pedal-cranked sewing machine.
Aleith|DM: Inside, you can see someone sitting bored behind the counter.
Ernst glances at them as he walks by with a hint of interest.
Phyllis sizes up the person behind the counter. Are they the only one here?
Aleith|DM: Looks like it. He seems like a bored human teenager. Judging by the book he's reading and that yawn just now.
Garrett‘ moves to go to the door leading to the back.
Aleith|DM: Oh, you’re heading inside?
[OOC] Garrett: yup
Aleith|DM: The clerk looks up. "Anything I can help you with? …Sir?"
Zane heads inside. "Knock knock. Who's there? RHC. RHC who? Just 'RHC' is fine. Lay down on the floor with your hands behind your head."
Gerald‘ slips in after Garrett, glancing around.
Garrett` ignores the kid, lets Zane handle it. Continues through.
Clerk: "Wait…what? What?!" He drops his book and starts panicing.
Gerald: "You’re cool, it's the evil terrorist doomsday cultists we're after." Gerald waves over his shoulder.
Aleith|DM: "Look, you got a, whatchamacallit, one of those permit things?"
Zane: "C'mon, kid. Easy instructions. Just calm down and hit the floor, hands on your noggin. Far as I can tell you're not who we're looking for."
Phyllis steps in to try and console the kid. "A warrant, yes, right here."
Chandrasekhar is glad Phyllis was on top of that, he's still feelin' fiesty.
Aleith|DM: The clerk slumps. "Oh. Alright." He lies down and complies with Zane's orders.
Zane: "Awesome, you're doing great."
Zane handcuffs the kid. "Strictly a formality. They aren't even mage cuffs. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you just work here, you aren't with the crazy doomsday cult in the basement?"
Aleith|DM: In the back, you find several workbenches and some paperwork on a couple desks and some small shelves.
Garrett‘ scans the area. "…hm."
Clerk: "I don’t know what you're talking about. I just work for some dwarves who sometimes head down the trap door under the rug up front here."
Aleith|DM: Insight check?
Chandrasekhar paces about, waits for the hair on the back of his neck to go up…
Gerald‘ yanks the rug out of the way.
Aleith|DM: It’s blank floor.
Zane rolled d20+5 and got 6 ( Total: 11 ) for lol
Aleith|DM: He keeps glancing towards the window, but nothing seems to be happening. And now he seems puzzled.
Gerald: "So uh."
Gerald: "No trap door."
Ernst follows his gaze towards the window.
Gerald: "Want I should make one?"
Zane: "Expecting company?"
Garrett: "It's a trap."
Chandrasekhar frowns, wary.
Clerk: "Okay! Okay! It's really in the backroom under one of the workbenches!
Clerk: "But I swear I don't know anything else, like about this cult you're talking about!"
Gerald: "PS now you get to go to the station and actually get charged. Just, fyi. The more of a pain in the ass you are the more we care about you getting the same punishment they get."
Garrett: "Cover the window, Gerald." He heads back to the back and starts tossing workbenches.
Gerald‘ moves to the window, squints out it. There’s a good sniper spot, there's another… Hm!
Phyllis retrieves her orb. "Please, if you cooperate with us, you can do a lot of good. You may not know they're cultists, but we do." [Suggestion?]
Zane: "On the other hand he totally just set us up to get popped by a sniper, so I'm actually a little cross…"
Gerald: "Well, if they had someone with a gun watchin' the shop they're either gone now or in an incredibly shitty position so mind boggling awful I wouldn't even think to look for them there."
Aleith|DM: You can't spot anyone, no.
Phyllis: "Someone with a gun? That sounds like our inside man that wanted to wash his hands of the whole thing."
Gerald: "Good call."
Zane: "Oh, that's convenient."
Chandrasekhar raises both eyebrows and grins. "Oh, Phyllis."
Phyllis: "Because the dwarves in question are insane cultists."
Aleith|DM: Garrett: You find the passage leading down under a footpedal table saw workbench.
Garrett‘ checks for traps because this is D&D.
Garrett` rolled 1d20+17 and got 11 ( Total: 28 ) for perception, +4 gadgeteer’s googles
Aleith|DM: You don't find any traps.
Garrett‘ pops open the hatch. "All in, crew."
Phyllis heads in.
Aleith|DM: Who’s setting up light sources?
Zane knocks the kid out when nobody is looking and then heads down with the rest of the squad.
Chandrasekhar heads down first, obviously.
Gerald: "Guess we gotta set the counter on the X many days since we entered an underground labryinth back to zero when we get back. I honestly was expecting that number to get a lot higher than it ever does working for the city…"
Phyllis has [Light], Chandra has a glowy sword iirc…
Chandrasekhar -is- a light source. [Sunblade]
Garrett‘ is feeling really revealed here!!
Chandrasekhar just brings the daytime down into the basement with him.
Aleith|DM: Oh right that’s bright or dim light up to 20 squares. Yeah, that's more than fine for the sewers.
Ernst trails behind in the back as his eyes adjust.
Aleith|DM: Anyway, so we're skipping the sewer-exploring for the most part as you have a bit of a map from Kvarti to guide you to the spot in the sewers he figured they'd probably set up shop down here.
Gerald: "Hahaha I thought I was exagurating but it hasn't even been two minutes and we've hit a three way split in the path. This is gunna be fun."
Garrett: "We should have brought a civil engineer."
Garrett: "Fortunately… I think we have something better?"
Aleith|DM: The tunnels seem to be pretty old, with graffiti denouncing the witches who once ruled atop Cauldron Hill scribbled onto the walls.
Aleith|DM: The tunnels are strewen with old wooden debris, as if furniture once filled the passages. The ground has dozens of cracks, sunken areas, and pools of stagnant water.
Aleith|DM: At the threshold of every turn or T-juncture, the hallway is framed by an arch of white stone.
Gerald: "Better… than a civil engineer…?"
Aleith|DM: You head east from the repair shop, straight through the first intersection, take a right at the next, a left through a door, then another left to a passage that slopes downwards to some lower tunnels.
Aleith|DM: After about five minutes, you're getting close.
Garrett‘ draws his daggers in anticipation.
Gerald: "Did we have an expected head count?"
Zane: "Dunno, I was busy. Phyllis?"
Phyllis: "No idea."
Chandrasekhar: "Mmm. Does it -really- matter? I guess it matters."
Phyllis: "But we’re the A-team.
Gerald‘ makes a vague, lilbit motion with his hand in Chandrasekhar’s direction.
Zane: "For the sake of being thorough. I'd hate to let one slip away."
Aleith|DM: You pass under another white arch after the latest intersection, heading north. As you walk along, you notice the ground here is clean; barely any dirt or dust. Not even a bit of graffiti. And then as Chandrasekhar heads towards another white arch, portcullises drop from the arch on either side.
Aleith|DM: The room’s temperature drops. The walls begin to gleam with reflected light as a sheen of ice coats it. But the ice is growing thicker. It’s already an inch thick. If it keeps going at this speed, you’ll be crushed.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 33:Zane | 28:Chandrasekhar | 19:Gerald | 18:Garrett | 18:Phyllis | 14:Ernst |
Ernst: "… huh."
Gerald: "Okay."
Gerald: "As far as death traps go? That's actually pretty cool."
Aleith|DM: Looking up at the top of the arches, Phyllis, you see several small runes in dwarven. They seem jumbled, and include the words: "Arc white the lost world in the heart beyond the serpent shall gyre the end in the coils of ice."
Chandrasekhar: "…okay, Phyllis, how do you stop dwarf mohya death traps."
Zane: "… Yeah, I got nothing."
Phyllis looks up, staring. "Um. Hm."
Zane gives a shot at breaking the ice and lifting a portcullis?
Aleith|DM: Which one?
Aleith|DM: Those are two different options.
Ernst: "What do the runes say?"
[OOC] Zane: Oh I figured the ice was over the portcullis too. Fuck that I'm lifting the gate.
Aleith|DM: Okay, Strength Check.
[OOC] Garrett: we're screwed
Phyllis: "They're nonsense, at least syntactically, but I … think they're interlaced sentences. Like one could pick out 'The lost world beyond the gyre shall end in the coils of ice' or - or something else."
Zane: "Garrett, a hand here?" [Kord's Force - When you have to make a Strength check, make an Athletics check instead. +4 from Wall Crawlers]
Gerald: "Exactly what you think it says. Something about a white arc from a lost world bringing an end via coils of ice."
Garrett‘ assists!
Zane rolled d20+18 and got 12 ( Total: 30 )
Ernst chews at his lip. "Can you press down on them or anything or is it just an inscription of words?"
Aleith|DM: You manage to lift it enough so that everyone can squeeze out, if barely.
Phyllis: "Wrong questions to be asking."
Phyllis shoves Ernst through.
Gerald` rolls out, sticks his arm back in long enough to shoot a slug at the runes to see what happens.
Aleith|DM: They bounce off…leaving scratch. The rune you hit glows.
leaving a scratch.
Ernst cracks his shoulder before smiling. "Yeah, yeah. That ice wasn’t travelling THAT fast anyways."
Gerald: "No it was pretty fast… uh… scratching the rune makes it glow?"
Gerald‘ pulls back.
Ernst: "If I had to take a guess though deactivating that trap would have involved making a phrase with the words given."
Ernst: "Thankfully we just lifted the gate."
Zane: "I don’t words too good."
Zane rubs his arms.
Chandrasekhar: "…that was impressive."
Garrett: "You been workin' out, Zane?"
Zane: "Little bit."
Zane: "Had to defend my thesis before I could get my doctorate. Now *that* was exhausting."
Phyllis pauses in her tracks.
Phyllis: "'Defending your thesis' is something more literal in your school, isn't it?"
Chandrasekhar chuckles.
Aleith|DM: To your left is a simple room with an assemblage of two dozen cots.
Gerald‘ cracks his knuckles, glances around.
Aleith|DM: Two doors head further into the area.
Aleith|DM: A few figures seem to be sleeping on some cots.
Gerald: "Who the fuck puts the sleeping quarters as the first goddamn room in a tunneled out housing section."
Gerald` walks in, starts slapping cuffs on the sleeping people.
Aleith|DM: Surprise! They’re skeletons!
Zane grins and tugs his shirt up, revealing a neat line of faded stitches along one rib. "Bastard hooked *over* my guard with a khopesh on the second day."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 32:Zane | 31:Gerald | 24:Chandrasekhar | 20:Garrett | 19:Radical A | 17:ArmyAntSwarm B | 16:Radical B | 15:Skeletons CD | 13:Phyllis | 13:Skeletons GH | 12:ArmyAntSwarm A | 11:Ernst | 11:Skeletons EF | 9:Skeletons KL | 7:Skeletons IJ | 6:Skeletons AB |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Gerald: "Swear to G- WOAH!"
Garrett: "Oh man. The old 'thought it was eschatologists but it was really skeletons' switcheroo!"
Gerald: "Ahahahahahahahahah holy shit they - ahahahaha - they're undeadaaaahahahahaha!"
Gerald: "That's SO GOOD, I kinda like these's guy's style."
Zane: "Skeletologists!"
Ernst: "That's… a lot of ants."
Zane leaps forward and punches Skeleton D in the spine.
Chandrasekhar: "I… they definitely put some thought into this welcoming party, didn't they?"
Aleith|DM: You don't actually see the ants yet….
[OOC] Ernst: Oh I saw a swarm in the init
Aleith|DM: Correct
Zane rolled d20+17 and got 1 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Zane: "It's so weird when there's no flesh to aim at."
Phyllis: "Aiming's for suckers."
Gerald‘ shifts back, still laughing pretty hard as he attempts to blow Skeleton A and B away. [Twin Shot]
Gerald: !2#d20+16
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 11 ( Total: 27 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 5 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 48
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 12 ( Total: 28 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 6 [Total: 22]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 50
Aleith|DM: 2 KOs!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar tromps over to Skeleton D, [Challenge]s C and stabs D with a [Virtuous Strike].
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+17 and got 12 ( Total: 29 )
Aleith|DM: Several trails of ants snake across the floor of the living chamber, Ernst, by the way, speaking of ants. Most of the floor is covered in sodium borate, however.
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` flimflams the remaining skeleton! [Clever Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+20 and got 12 ( Total: 32 ) for let’s make that Piercing Strike, vs Ref, CA for First Strike
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Gerald: "Skeletons! Woo." Still laughing.
Aleith|DM: The two doors slam open as the eschatologist radicals behind them open fire with their shotguns!
Phyllis: "Gerald."
Phyllis: "Don't look know, but there's a skeleton inside you."
[OOC] Phyllis: now*
Gerald: "Well yeah I knew about THAT one!"
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 17 ( Total: 29.0 ) for Garrett
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 18 [Total: 30.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 59.0, Avg: 17.50
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 15 ( Total: 27.0 ) for Zane
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 11 [Total: 23.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 50.0, Avg: 13.00
Gerald‘ shoots the guy attacking Garrett in the face as he takes aim. [Disrptive Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 3 ( Total: 19 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 1 [Total: 17]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 36
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM rolled d8+17 and got 3 ( Total: 20.0 )
Gerald: "O-okay I gotta - I gotta stop laughing how the hell did I miss with a shotgun." Gerald makes a Sad Face.
Aleith|DM: 20 damage to Garrett, and 17 to Zane!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 32:Zane | 31:Gerald | 24:Chandrasekhar | 20:Garrett | 19:Radical A | 17:ArmyAntSwarm B | 16:Radical B | 13:Phyllis | 13:Skeletons GH | 12:ArmyAntSwarm A | 11:Ernst | 11:Skeletons EF | 9:Skeletons KL | 7:Skeletons IJ |
Aleith|DM: A swarm of ants pours out of holes in the hallway to attack Ernst from behind! [Swarm of Mandibles]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 14 ( Total: 24 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+7 and got 3, 3, 2 ( Total: 15.0 ) for Slowed and Weakened AND ongoing 5 damage (SE all)
Aleith|DM: The ants climb through your clothes and devour you from every direction. The sensation is nauseating, the pain overwhelming. 15 damage!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: The swarm makes a basic attack as a free action against any enemy that starts its turn within the aura.
Phyllis slings her orb from front to back, blocking one hallway with shadowy hands grasping from beneath the floor and an illusory badger sniffing and causing chaos for the ants. [Grasping Shadows, AP->Illusory Ambush]
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 4 ( Total: 19.0 ) for vs Will, Radical, Skeleton H, Grasping Shadows
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 11 [Total: 26.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 45.0, Avg: 7.50
Phyllis: "That should barricade that hallway from the frail skeletons, at least."
Aleith|DM: Miss, hit!
Phyllis: Also, [Mage Hand] by the ants.
Phyllis rolled d20+17 and got 14 ( Total: 31.0 ) for vs Will, Illusory Ambush
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Phyllis: WAIT NO Winged Horde
[OOC] Phyllis: What’s the bonus for hitting a swarm with AoE again?
Aleith|DM: Oh sure if you must change it
Aleith|DM: 5 damage
[OOC] Phyllis: it's what I -meant-, haha
[OOC] Phyllis: grappa, kvarti, winged horde, illusory ambush
Phyllis rolled d6+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18.0 )
Aleith|DM: Or, vulnerable 5 close/area attcks
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
[OOC] Zane: winged kvarti
[OOC] Phyllis: also some nonzero damage to the skeleton
Aleith|DM: Garrett, for a moment a wispy figure appears in front of you, the memory of a creature that died long ago in these tunnels. It beckons you, but as you draw near, its flesh fades away to reveal a grasping skeleton. [Join Us]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 15 ( Total: 25 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Garrett, you must spend its first action on its next turn to move as close to Long-Dead Skeleton G as possible.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Charm keyword
Aleith|DM: Army Ant Swarm A comes out of the walls by Phyllis, many of them biting at her!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 5 ( Total: 15 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Phyllis: "Oh hell. Ernst, get behind me if you can!"
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 13 ( Total: 23 ) for vs Ref, Swarm Attack
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Gerald: "Maaan!"
Gerald: "Who does your guys' traps?! I wanna make sure we don't accidently kill them, they're great." Gerald shouts towards one of the dwarf.
Radical B: "Zubov is telling us what to build!"
Gerald: "Zubov! Great, thanks."
Ernst drops Stocke beside him before firing off a [Gale Forced Infusion] on the ants and two skeletons.
Ernst rolled 4d20+14 and got 6, 8, 7, 15 ( Total: 50.0 ) for vs Reflex, Ants, Skeletons
Aleith|DM: There's a wall in between you and the skeletons
[OOC] Ernst: Err
[OOC] Ernst: Oh is there?
Aleith|DM: and that's 20 and 22 vs the ants?
Aleith|DM: Which hits both
Ernst rolled d10+13 and got 4 ( Total: 17.0 )
[OOC] Ernst: Half that
[OOC] Ernst: I'm weakened
Aleith|DM: Ah right
Aleith|DM: Is that including +5 from vulnerable?
[OOC] Ernst: Yeah.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 9!] [9! Bloodied!
Ernst rolled d20+0 and got 20 ( Total: 20.0 ) for Save
Aleith|DM: You manage to get rid of the ants swarming on you.
Ernst activates his repulsion armor.
[OOC] Ernst: OK done
Aleith|DM: Skeletons K and L charge Chandrasekhar and Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 13 ( Total: 25 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 13 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 50
Aleith|DM: +1 to that, hits Zane for 7 damage! Marked UEoNT!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 32:Zane | 31:Gerald | 24:Chandrasekhar | 20:Garrett | 19:Radical A | 17:ArmyAntSwarm B | 16:Radical B | 13:Phyllis | 13:Skeletons G | 12:ArmyAntSwarm A | 11:Ernst | 11:Skeletons EF | 9:Skeletons KL | 7:Skeletons IJ |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane shrugs and whips his odd, curved knife out in a slash… [MBA]
Zane rolled d20+17 and got 8 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Zane neatly splits its skull.
Aleith|DM: That mark didn't last very long.
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ lets out a breath, takes aim, and lets out a [Biting Volley] as Zane moves a skeleton out of the way of his real target, Radical B.
Gerald` rolled 4#d20+16(1) and got 2 ( Total: 18 ) for crit 18+
Also rolled 4#d20+16(2) and got 5 [Total: 21]
Also rolled 4#d20+16(3) and got 18 [Total: 34]
Also rolled 4#d20+16(4) and got 12 [Total: 28]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 101
[OOC] Gerald: sugar ur killin me
[OOC] Zane: u got an 18 tho
Aleith|DM: Miss! Crit!
Gerald` rolled 3d8+27 and got 2, 1, 7 ( Total: 37 ) for AND ANOTHER MISS WITH A SHOTGUN THO
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 37! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar?
Chandrasekhar teleports over to avoid the skeleton engaging in Shenanigans and then bangs his sword against some invisible obstacle in the air! [Fey Step] [Astral Thunder]
Chandrasekhar rolled 5#d20+13(1) and got 11 ( Total: 24 ) for v. Fort, against K, I, J, Radical B, Swarm A
Also rolled 5#d20+13(2) and got 6 [Total: 19]
Also rolled 5#d20+13(3) and got 17 [Total: 30]
Also rolled 5#d20+13(4) and got 5 [Total: 18]
Also rolled 5#d20+13(5) and got 13 [Total: 26]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 117
Aleith|DM: There’s a wall between you and two of the skeletons…
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Cool, I targeted K, nothing, Radical B, nothing, Swarm A.
Aleith|DM: Hit, miss, hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+7 and got 6, 3 ( Total: 16 ) for thunder, -3 attack penalty UEONT
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: plus whatever whatever swarm whatever since it's a swarm damage wohoo
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [21!
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Aleith|DM: Move beside the skeleton
[OOC] Garrett: can't move that far
[OOC] Garrett: slowed
Aleith|DM: True, after entering that zone…
Garrett‘ gets grasp’d at and then pops off his [Cloud of Steel] at the gathered enemies!
Aleith|DM: Well, you could run?
[OOC] Gerald: no running in the hallways tho, garrett Obeys The Rules :(
[OOC] Garrett: 'cannot benefit from bonuses to speed' while slowed
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Oh well then, good point
[OOC] Garrett: I had to look that up haha
[OOC] Garrett: anyway
Garrett‘ rolled 4#1d20+18(1) and got 7 ( Total: 25 ) for vs AC, Radical A, skeletons E, F, G
Also rolled 4#1d20+18(2) and got 9 [Total: 27]
Also rolled 4#1d20+18(3) and got 8 [Total: 26]
Also rolled 4#1d20+18(4) and got 15 [Total: 33]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 111
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+9 and got 3 ( Total: 12 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO! * 3] [12!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 32:Zane | 31:Gerald | 24:Chandrasekhar | 20:Garrett | 19:Radical A | 17:ArmyAntSwarm B | 16:Radical B | 13:Phyllis | 12:ArmyAntSwarm A | 11:Ernst | 7:Skeletons IJ |
Garrett` cuts at the Radical’s legs! [Low Slash]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+18 and got 20 ( Total: 38 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Crit!
Zane: (ho shit son
Garrett` rolled 3d6+15 and got 4, 6, 5 ( Total: 30 ) for it’s not that good
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 30!] Bloodied!
Garrett‘ slides the dwarf against the wall!
[OOC] Garrett: hell why not
[Press the Advantage]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+18 and got 14 ( Total: 32 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Ant Swarm B moves up to bite at Ernst again!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 5 ( Total: 15 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Missing!
[OOC] Ernst: Repulsion armor?
Aleith|DM: Hmmm right.
Ernst pushes them away.
Aleith|DM: Charges don’t let them do anything still :(
Aleith|DM: Radical B bites down on something in his mouth and drops. [Suicide Pill]
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 17 ( Total: 27 ) for Vs Ref, Swarm Attack
Zane: "My reputation preceeds me, I see."
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+7 and got 3, 5, 5 ( Total: 20.0 )
Garrett: "You get to cuff one of 'em, Gerald."
Aleith|DM: 20 damage to Phyllis! Slowed, Weakened, Ongoing 5 damage (SE all)!
Gerald: "Huuuh."
Ernst is going to give Phyllis resist 8 against that (12 damage) and 13 THP after the attack. [Energy Conversion]
Gerald‘ basically makes the attack not do much damage in general. [Defensive Volley] [Attack does -10 Damage]
Phyllis braces herself and blasts the swarm around her point-blank with a [Color Spray].
Phyllis rolled d20+17 and got 19 ( Total: 36.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled d6*.5+15*.5 and got 2 ( Total: 8.5 ) for dazed UEoPNT
Phyllis then scoots away while the ants are distracted!
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 6 ( Total: 6 ) for save
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 8!
Aleith|DM: And…it can’t charge anyone right now….
Aleith|DM: The ants swarm closer to Phyllis…and Zane and Chandra.
Aleith|DM: Skeletons I and J charge Zane and Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+13(1) and got 6 ( Total: 19 )
Also rolled 2#d20+13(2) and got 11 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 43
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 32:Zane | 31:Gerald | 24:Chandrasekhar | 20:Garrett | 17:ArmyAntSwarm B | 13:Phyllis | 12:ArmyAntSwarm A | 11:Ernst | 7:Skeletons IJ |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
[OOC] Ernst: What about me
Aleith|DM: oh yes
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst takes a step forward before turning the floor into a [Slick Concoction] sliding himself, Stocke, Chandra, Zane and Phyllis away from the ants. He then fully heals Garrett. [+26]
[OOC] Ernst: +4 Reflex for everyone
Gerald: "…Bye?"
Phyllis barely avoids stumbling into a wall.
Zane yelps in surprise.
Ernst: "Trust me, they are nasty pieces of shit."
Ernst: "You'll thank me later."
Chandrasekhar: "Aiee-"
Phyllis: "I'm well awa - ow! - aware."
Garrett: "Nice of you guys to…. 'drop' in!"
Aleith|DM: okay the skeletons charge at Ernst and Gerald instead, but still miss.
Aleith|DM: Now it's Zane's turn!
Phyllis slaps an ant that was still biting her. … looks like there are still a few lingering.
[OOC] Phyllis: oh right grasping shadows ended too
Zane deftly slips between Chandra and Phyllis, then flicks his sword between Ernest and Chandra. [MBA]
Zane rolled d20+17 and got 7 ( Total: 24 )
Zane kills it dead. Again.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald: "Zane, I really wanted to see you choke out an ant with an arrow from a hallway away, I'm very sad right now. Especially since the skeleton you killed wasn't even the one harassing me!
Gerald‘ shifts to the side, standing on top of Stocke, marking Swarm A as his [Quarry] and lets off the first part of a [Twin Shot] at it -
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 18 ( Total: 34 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 3 [Total: 19]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 53
Zane: "The and may live, but it will never be a father…?"
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Gerald` rolled 2d8+6 and got 2, 6 ( Total: 14 )
Chandrasekhar snickers.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 7!
Gerald: "Dammit."
Gerald` then again.
Stockes siren starts to go off.
Garrett: "Hah."
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 7 ( Total: 23 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 8 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 47
Gerald: "Okay think I got all those ones…"
Ernst: "You do realize you’re shooting ants, right?"
Gerald: "With spread shot, yeah."
Zane: "Buckshot and the concussive wave."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Gerald‘ nods to Zane.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar: "Gerald shot something from the far end of a train once. Ibelieve in him."
Chandrasekhar moves past J and then slices at it. [Virtuous Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+17 and got 7 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett` moves up and holds action until the ants move.
Aleith|DM: What’s the trigger?
[OOC] Garrett: until the ants move
Garrett‘ also adjusts because he was technically slowed UEoNT, so.
Aleith|DM: The ants swarm up in front of Chandrasekhar-
Garrett` flings his dagger at the ants! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+18 and got 9 ( Total: 27 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+17 and got 1 ( Total: 18 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 9!
Aleith|DM: The ants bite at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 19 ( Total: 29 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+7 and got 1, 6, 5 ( Total: 19.0 )
Ernst finishes the ant off with a [Shocking Feedback]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 5 ( Total: 21.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 3 [Total: 19.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 40.0, Avg: 4.00
[OOC] Ernst: … Heroic
Aleith|DM: vs AC?
Aleith|DM: 1 hit without heroic, 2 with
[OOC] Ernst: It’s one HP and heroic is encounter nvm
[OOC] Ernst: Doesn't matter either way
Aleith|DM: It's 10 HP
[OOC] Ernst: Oh!
[OOC] Ernst: Yeah, heroic
Ernst rolled 3d8+9 and got 7, 6, 1 ( Total: 23.0 ) for Half that
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 11!] KO!
[OOC] Ernst: Chandra gains Resist 5
Aleith|DM: The electricity finishes off the ants. You have one unconcious dwarf, one dwarf who's turning blue as his blood transmutes to ice, and two rooms to search.
Garrett: "Oh, right."
Ernst spends his other infusion on himself before taking a deep breath and hitting the floor. He starts rolling around covering his clothes in ant poison since the floor was covered in powder. "Fuck. Those. Things."
Aleith|DM: The left room apears to be some kind of workshop. Workbenches have been arranged along the walls of this room filled with small mechanical pieces, weapon scopes of different shapes and sizes, and several casks of firedust.
Aleith|DM: Inside the right chamber are several haphazardly arranged tables and chairs. The tables are littered with newsletters, notes, pictures, and maps. Several charts and maps of Flint are also affixed to the walls, and are clearly part of some large plan.
Zane goes to the unconscious dwarf and pulls the poison tooth. "Y'know Ernst, it's also toxic to humans."
Ernst: "The dwarves had it all over there boots. It should be fine."
[OOC] Ernst: their
Garrett: "Just so long as he doesn't use it as an anti-toxin…"
Gerald‘ hops down off Stocke, gives the contraption a pat so it turns the siren *off*.
Zane: "I’m just saying, avoid letting it get on your skin."
Ernst: "Guess it's time to rummage through documents?"
Garrett: "Should we leave the investigation until after we've secured the greater area? Someone must have heard us."
Zane leans against the wall where he can see the doorway. "They can come investigate if they like…"
Gerald: "Given the alarm… probably shoot first, interrogate later yeah."
Gerald: "I'll watch the door."
Aleith|DM: There doesn't seem to be anyone else coming.
Ernst makes his way over to the documents and looks them over.
Phyllis flips through documents and maps and anything to see if she can try and make some sense of them. [Would Insight apply here?]
Zane ponders. Then starts putting the skeletons back in beds.
Aleith|DM: Okay, combing through the documents in the meeting room, you find several things.
Zane puts the dead dwarf in place of one of the skeletons. "Who's funny now…"
Gerald: "Heheheh."
Aleith|DM: The maps on the wall seem to be city maps, each of them from a different decade, and each of them traced with the routes of the modern subrail lines. Dungeoneering check?
Ernst rolled d20+13 and got 15 ( Total: 28.0 )
Aleith|DM: The maps depict several hidden tunnels leading into the newly constructed subrail station.
Aleith|DM: (Sharon M. Baker Station)
Aleith|DM: The dwarves are also awaiting a large shipment by boat from the Drakr border city of Ysfeld.
Aleith|DM: Arcana or Nature?
Ernst rolled d20+15 and got 15 ( Total: 30.0 )
Aleith|DM: Based off the departing location of the shipment, there should be nothing of note in the area, but those familiar with local fauna realize that the site is a hotbed of malice beasts, the misshapen monsters that live in the magically unstable region known as the Malice Lands.
Aleith|DM: There's also an envelope, its seal broken, addressed to Brigitte Coulson at the Flint Tribune.
Phyllis picks that up and starts reading through it.
Aleith|DM: If there was a letter inside, it's gone now. It may have already been delivered.
Phyllis: Unless it's just … an envelopeo and - that.
Aleith|DM: That seems to be it for the meeting room.
Aleith|DM: Searching the workshop, a sweep of the construction area reveals that the radicals were in the process of constructing something far larger than their previous firedust explosives.
Gerald: "I guess they really wanted us to see all the traps they set up, absolutely no sign of them after the guy shots and sirens, still."
Ernst: "Seems that way."
Zane: "Might be the rest of them are out working."
Aleith|DM: Aracana check to try and make sense of the magical elements of the devices.
Ernst rolled d20+15 and got 19 ( Total: 34.0 )
Gerald: "Also… that… is all your Ernst, have fun."
Aleith|DM: You even…get a +5 bonus to that as a Technologist so
[OOC] Ernst: 39
Aleith|DM: definitely hit the DC there.
Zane: "Man, Serena would be like a kid in a candy store down here."
Aleith|DM: You find some notes in the workshop detailing the components used and various portions of it
[OOC] Aleith|DM: http://imgur.com/a/3GywH and will be posted to Case Notes soon
Aleith|DM: Looks like it uses 8 different reagents, and you can deduce that the newly constructed “super bomb” would not be as easily triggered as the previous firedust casks. Instead, such a device would need to be triggered on site and require some kind of countdown to activate all the necessary alchemical and magical reactions.
Aleith|DM: Based on the amount of materials that seem to have been present here and some of the formulae scribbled on stray papers, a character can determine that once the elements were combined it would take exactly twenty-six minutes and 18 seconds for it to explode. The force would be enough to level a couple city blocks. It’s clear that whatever was being constructed here has already been completed, and these parts are leftovers or prototype test bits that were not cleaned up.
Ernst frowns. "I think I understand what they're doing here."
Garrett: "That's good, and your frown says 'bad'."
Zane: "Gonna blow up the train station?"
Ernst: "They were interested in the railways since they were going to send a bomb in via them and it will detonate 26 minutes later. Do we have a map of the rail lines?"
Gerald: "Uhh I think I saw one back in that stack."
Ernst: "Given the time we should be able to pinpoint some likely ending points."
Aleith|DM: By the way, the subrail routes: http://i.imgur.com/u1ssJzQ.jpg
Aleith|DM: There's enough maps with the rail lines drawn out in the other room to check.
[OOC] Ernst: Do we have any information available on transit time between routes?
Aleith|DM: Average speed? A train could move 3 stations.
Aleith|DM: If there was no other traffic or stops, maybe 6 stations.
Ernst: "Based on the time going from Sharon M. Baker to Hotel Aurum or vice versa seems to be the best fit."
[OOC] Ernst: The trains go both ways right?
Phyllis: "'Stores in Pardwight.' Hm."
Gerald: "The hell would they wanna blow up Baker Station for?"
Garrett: "Pretty sure the hotel would be the target."
Zane: "Hm."
Ernst: "What's in it for them?"
Phyllis: "Light the fuse at the docks where the shipment comes in, and it's delivered to the hotel."
Gerald: "So… use the secret tunnels to sneak into Baker, set up the bomb and send it rolling, then it blows up the hotel the peace summit is happening at?"
Zane: "Another world war."
Zane: "Millions of dead."
Phyllis: "Moving the doomsday clock to midnight."
Ernst: "Oh, shit. Yeah, the peace summit is taking place there. Brain fart on my part."
Ernst: "We know the likely route then."
Zane: "Mm."
Chandrasekhar pauses, stares. "…well. That's certainly audacious…"
Ernst: "Even if we're wrong, it definitely warrants investigation."
Gerald: "Do we know how to defuse it…?"
Ernst: "I can defuse it."
Garrett: "I have full faith in Ernst."
Garrett: "Because if I didn't, we'd be fucked."
Gerald: "Alright then. Lets resume shooting dwarves."
Zane: "But not Phyllis. She's on our side."
Zane: "For now…"
Gerald: "Of course."
Phyllis: "Always, Zane."
Zane grins and hipchecks the dwarf. "Yeah."
Chandrasekhar chuckles.
Phyllis stumbles a bit -
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for save not to fall prone
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Stable Footing
Phyllis: - and steadies herself.
Zane: "Alright, well, I gotta see a dead guy about getting eaten by cats, but that's my evening."
Gerald: "Oh, I wanted to check that out too. Sounded bizzare as all get out."
Aleith|DM: Alright. It takes a couple of hours to case the area and check out all of your leads, but the sun's only starting to set as you head over towards the Cloudwood and the local precinct/mayor's office (they're in the same building).
Garrett: "Afternoon, officers," he offers as they enter the precint/office.
Officer: "Evening…err, Constables."
Gerald: "We're just here to question the dead kid, no corrupt mayors under arrest this time!" Winning Smile.
Garrett: "We're here to inquired about the poor, strangled boy case."
Zane: "Wot 'e said."
Officer: "Aren't you the ones involved in that task force…? What's that boy got to do with it?"
Zane: "Hopefully nothing."
Garrett: "We get paid overtime."
Gerald: "Lookin' into it for a friend on the side."
Officer: "I'll have to ask the Sergeant…"
Aleith|DM: He heads into a hallway and comes back a few minutes later with the sergeant in tow.
Langlois: "I'm Sergeant Langlois. You constables are asking about that child found in the woods, right? Aren't you busy enough with that task force of yours, stealing my men from me right when I need them most?"
Zane: "Point of order, we only borrowed them. You got 'em all back."
Garrett: "Sure are. Thank you and your men for your continued cooperation."
Gerald: "That's why we're helpin' out when we got a couple spare moments instead of sleepin'!"
Gerald: "Garrett can talk to dead people though, which I'm guessin' most of you all can't do anyway."
Langlois: "You're going to have to get approval from the mayor first."
Gerald‘ scratches at the back of his head.
Gerald: "…Why?"
Langlois: "Because we can take care of a mysterious death ourselves."
Chandrasekhar coughs.
Garrett` runs his tongue over his lips, does this odd smile-with-squinting-eyes thing, and turns over to face the mayor’s wing of the building.
Chandrasekhar: "You do… realise… what the acronym 'RHC' stands for, yes?" Winning smile, cold eyes. "I trust we'll be meeting with the mayor immediately."
Gerald: "You uh… do… realize we're RHC and kind of have jurisdiction over the entire country… right…? We just wanna figure out what happened to this kid, why… is this an issue at all?"
Ernst seems to have gone back to the RHC HQ already. Something about him wanting to be one hundred percent sure he knows how to defuse a bomb like the one in the papers and doing a test run or two.
Garrett‘ just starts walking that-a-way towards the Mayor’s office.
Langlois: "He's right across the building."
Chandrasekhar sneers at him and spins on his heel, follows Garrett.
Gerald‘ rolls his eyes, plops himself down into a chair and stares at Langlois while Garrett goes to talk to the mayor.
Phyllis probably … isn’t here, and on her way to follow that lead about Brigitte Coulson instead.
Aleith|DM: The mayor's secretary looks up when you enter. "You're here awfully late. I don't think you have an appointment."
Phyllis unless it makes more sense for her to be here, in which case, nevermind!
Garrett: "The phrase 'pencil us in' comes to mind."
Zane looks at the inspector. "OK, here's the thing. We're not here on official business. We're not trying to steal your case. It may be related to a side matter of ours. So if you really want to generate paperwork on this I will gladly get into the mayors day and make things more complex than they really need to be, otherwise its ten minutes with the body and an hour at the crime scene
Zane and we're out of your hair. Hell I'll even feed you whatever evidence I find if you make this easy on me. "
Secretary: "And who's 'us'?"
Chandrasekhar: "The RHC." Badge flash.
Garrett: "RHC, Garrett Woodson. We've come to thank the mayor and sergeant for their continued efforts to help rid Flint of the ongoing gang menace, and look forward to their continued support."
Langlois: "Talk to the mayor. You're already risking my men on this crackdown of yours and I don't need you butting in when we're shortstaffed and up to our ears in strange happenings."
Gerald: "It's okay Zane."
Garrett: "At the same time, we've a request to make about an ongoing case in the Cloudswood, and I'm afraid time is of the essence."
Secretary: "That's all fine and dandy, but he's not available until the 11th…"
Garrett: "Magical reasons."
Aleith|DM: Diplomacy check?
Garrett: "Well, y'see, we'd simply talk to the sergeant, though he insists that we obtain the mayor's approval."
Gerald: "If they wanna deal with an invisible uh… shit, what the proper term for the eladrin mafia again?"
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+14 and got 14 ( Total: 28 ) for diplo
The secretary gets up. "Alright, if you’re saying it's that urgent… I'll go check with him right now."
Aleith|DM: She comes back and says you can go in and see him.
Garrett: "Thank you very much."
Garrett‘ nods to whoever’s beside him and advances through.
Zane: "Well, OK Gerald. We'll let the others try and go through the mayor, and if that doesn't work… I'll think of something I'm sure."
Aleith|DM: Inside is Mayor Doyle Idylls.
Idylls: "Constables. How…nice to see you. What can I help you with?"
Gerald: "Well I mean, he's complaining about strange happen stances, we're looking into this because of an invisible member of the eladrin council going rogue…" Gerald makes vague gesture, shrugs, then leans back in his chair.
Garrett: "A pleasure, as always. We're here to ask your permission, Mayor Idylls, to share notes on a very recent case, of a strangled boy found in a river
[OOC] Garrett: ."
Garrett: "Notes, and a chance to inspect the body."
Zane: "You'd think, as much as he's bitching about being short handed, he'd be glad to get rid of the case. Maybe we're just doing it all wrong. Remind me to give some casework to the B-Team."
The mayor sighs. "Don't you have enough on your plates with that task force of yours? Why would you care about that poor boy?"
Gerald: "I love doing less paperwork."
Zane: "I know, that's why I send half your stuff to Phyllis."
Gerald: "You're the best, boss."
Zane: "Damn right."
Garrett: "With the peace talks mere days away, we have been given a lot to clear on our plate, this is true. Though as much as we work, we can still yet do more. The boy's death is surprising and interesting, and while we're this close to the peace talks, the King insists on extra vigilance into new affairs."
Garrett: "Off the record… there are far too many incidents of serial killers within Flint over the past few years."
Garrett: "If there be much strange with this boy's death, we're to investigate it now, to head it off before it worsens, for the image of us all."
Idylls: "Alright. I'll sign off on it. Try not to risk too many of the officers in my district, though. My people are already complaining about the lack of officers after that boy was found dead."
Garrett‘ gives a salute. "Thank you, Mayor Idylls."
The mayor writes out a quick note approving your assistance with the case.
Aleith|DM: And yes, when you hand it to Langlois, he frowns, but nods. "Alright. My men will show you to the morgue and the crime scene.
Garrett` sly thumbs up to the crew when Langlois’ back is turned.
Gerald‘ thumbs up. Still keeping an eye on Langlois though, that was bizzarely hostile.
Aleith|DM: When you check the body, the report says he was found naked, covered with patterns of green paint. The fingers have been gnawed at by cats, and the throat was crushed.
Zane: "That’s just weird. Cats. Usually rats get to the body first."
Gerald: "Pattern mean anything to you, Chan?"
Chandrasekhar asides to Garrett: "(Nice job. Didn't want to open my mouth; I campaigned against the rat bastard in his last election.)"
Garrett‘ smiles. "(I’m sure he's doubly happy you're here, then.)"
Chandrasekhar looks over the body, frowning.
Aleith|DM: Arcana check?
Garrett: "Hm."
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+8 and got 8 ( Total: 16 )
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+14 and got 4 ( Total: 18 ) for Secrets of the City
Aleith|DM: The paint identifies as old fey ritual markings from the time when men regularly fought the fey, nearly two thousand years ago. You’re going to have to research what it was for, however.
Aleith|DM: Heal check with the body as well?
Garrett‘ reads over the rest of the report. Any identification of the boy, or reports of him missing?
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12 )
Gerald` rolled d20+9 and got 15 ( Total: 24 )
Chandrasekhar: "Hmm. Old, old markings. Someone’s got a long memory. Longer than mine. Back from when we were at each others' throats. I'll do some research…"
Aleith|DM: The child wasn't strangled, but hung by a rope.
Gerald: "Hmm."
Aleith|DM: He also hs dozens of thin lacerations across his body, like you’d get running through trees and brush naked, as well as numerous small fractures.
Gerald: "Wasn't strangle, was hung after a fair bit of runnin' naked through the woods… I'd assume trying to escape whatever weird ass ritual was goin' on, but didn't."
Zane: "A lasso would do it. Good for catching runners."
Chandrasekhar: "Wonder what he saw that he oughtn't've seen."
Zane: "And you can string 'em up right on the spot."
Garrett: "Well, we can find out."
Garrett: "Ready your questions." He puts a pinch of feyweed under his tongue.
[Speak with Spirit]
Aleith|DM: Alright, the spirit of the boy comes out to talk.
Gerald: "I guess start with the obvious of why he was targetted, probably?"
Garrett: "Hello, young'n."
Boy: "Hi."
Garrett: "(Probably… what he remembers leading up to his death, and work from there?)"
Gerald‘ nods.
Garrett: "Can you tell me what happened leading up to your death?"
Garrett` rolled 1d20+14 and got 20 ( Total: 34 ) for diplo
Boy: "A scary man came to see us along with a bunch of creepy things and took over the place. He said I was too old and then hung me from the tree."
Gerald: "Yow."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: after painting this stuff on me.
Garrett: "(That’s definitely weird, and a ritual, -and- from what Chandra said…)"
Garrett: "(Wonder who 'us' is though.)"
Garrett: "(Mostly because… that implies there could be multiple victims, and the rest haven't been found.)"
Gerald: "…Probably a good question, considering he probably can't tell us too much about them, so we might as learn about where it all happened, and to who. Easy to chase down those leads."
Garrett: "You said the scary man came to see 'us' - who is us?"
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+14 and got 10 ( Total: 24 ) for diplo
Boy: "The other kids and me, plus the teachers, at the orphanage."
Garrett: "(Yeah, that’s a bad'n.)"
Gerald‘ winces a little, glancing back at Chandra. "No wonder they didn’t like this guy, eh?"
Gerald: "Hmm. I don't think I've heard anyone mention an orphanage before so that's… definitely new."
Garrett: "(I haven't asked what this guy looks like, though. Remember that our guy is invisible, but also is draped in robes adorned with leaves, and his face is concealed by a wooden mask.)"
Garrett: "(So… third question?)"
Chandrasekhar narrows his eyes and snarls.
Garrett: "(Just for additional confirmation?)"
Gerald: "No bright ideas here at least, since I can't imagine it'll be too hard to figure out which orphanage is now empty."
Garrett: "(Yeah, let me just get a confirmation on it, then.)"
Gerald‘ nods.
Garrett: "Can you tell me what the scary man looked like- what they were wearing, anything?"
Boy: "He was wearing a mask, but I couldn’t see anything behind it. There was lots of leaves on his outfit."
Garrett: "Thank you, my boy. Rest now."
Aleith|DM: The boy's spirit fades again.
Gerald: "Man."
Chandrasekhar: "(Walk in the shade, mera dost.)"
Aleith|DM: Nobody knows who the boy was-there's no reports of him missing yet.
Gerald: "Can you imagine how much more effecient the force would be if *everyone* in the police could do that?"
Garrett: "Hah…"
Aleith|DM: The officers report that there's been some vandalism today on some of the public offices in the district.
Aleith|DM: You hear various officers complaining about about oddities: rotten bird eggs keep falling on the sidewalk, gophers chew through his basement, and every book in the building mysteriously lost its last page.
Aleith|DM: They also provide you with detailed maps of the forest, which is a nightmare to patrol. Usually they set up guard posts along key trails to try to protect the district borders, and leave the deep woods alone.
Chandrasekhar: "Heh."
Aleith|DM: The crime scene doesn't turn up much other than the fact that the body was dropped off there, and wasn't killed there.
Gerald‘ sends a feather to Phyllis to have her get a head start looking into any orphanages that are suddenly empty while they move to the crime scene
Aleith|DM: That sounds like something you’d have to have people check out. There's a number of them in the city.
[OOC] Gerald: Zane's super investigation any good at figuring out a trail the body came in on?
Aleith|DM: Nope.
Phyllis makes a note to also look into that while she's already … out and about.
Gerald: "Well that was a wash. Time to start checkin' out orphanages then I guess. … After dinner."
Aleith|DM: It's already well after dinner by this point.
Gerald‘ mentioned it for a reason, yeah :(
Garrett: "Late-night noodle vendor, then."
Aleith|DM: Speaking of which, Phyllis, you manage to track down Brigitte Coulson working late at the Flint Tribune. She says the letter she got was an invitation to send a reporter to the opening ceremony of the Sharon M. Baker Station on the morning of the 12th.
Aleith|DM: You don’t really have time tonight to look into orphanages.
Phyllis mentally adds that to the growing pile of 'evidence that helps confirm what we already came to conclusions about' with regards to the Eschatologists' plan. Always good to get reaffirmation you're on the right trail.
Aleith|DM: You check out a couple of orphanages that the district office had on file but the ones you look into seem to be operating normally before you head home.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License