Zg Session 42

Aleith|DM: Spring 8, Noon.
Aleith|DM: You're waiting at for the Beran Ambassador at the appointented dock. It's noon, and the Fuego Duradero just arrived and is pulling up to the dock. The impressive galleon is crewed mostly by orcs and half-orcs, with a handful of gnolls, lizardfolk, and other monstrous humanoids.
Aleith|DM: A brute of a lizardfolk is first off the boat. He asks with a hiss, "who'sss meeting the ambassssador?"
Gaethan looks up from his notebook and stashes it inside his vest. Right on time.
Kaea snaps her book shut. The ships here after all.
Serena: "Thats us!"
Gaethan: "Royal Homeland Constabulary, Flint Branch. I am Agent Gaethan. Welcome to Flint."
Cruusk: "I'm the bosun, Cruusk. Can I sssee sssome ID?"
Dima thumbs through a meticulously organized binder, presenting the requisite documentation. "Here y'are, lad."
Gaethan 's speech is well-practiced, constant in patter and tone.
Carlao has his ID ready to go, of course. Everything by the book.
Serena flips her wallet open, displaying her badge. A small razor falls out. "Oops! I knew I needed to tighten that…"
Josiah pulls his badge out of his cloak, holds it up towards the lizardman from the back of the group.
Gaethan fishes something out of his right vest pocket- his badge, flashes it, puts it back.
He barely looks at the ID after seeing 'RHC' embossed on the badge. He yells to one of the nearby sailors, "tell Brakken his escort's here!"
Serena picks the razorblade up and tucks it back into its springloader, mumbling.
Cruusk: "He should be down shortly, but you'll need wait while the mediator finishesss preparing his cargo for offloading."
Dima frowns deeply. What's the point of recording all of this documentation if it's just skimmed over? It needs poring, questioning, verifying.
Kaea nods. "Sure thing."
Gaethan wrinkles his brow, then reaches back into his vest, retrieving his notebook. Were they expecting cargo, too…?
Aleith|DM: The lizardman gets to work with the rest of the crew helping to offload the ship's cargo.
Serena smiles. "Okay." And just like that she's got a jewellers screwdriver in hand, half working on her wallet but mostly using it as a cover to watch the surrounding area.
Aleith|DM: Insight check?
Dima rolled d20+12 and got 10 ( Total: 22.0 )
Josiah goes to find some place high to perch while they wait.
Aleith|DM: You get the feeling someone's watching you. Perception?
Carlao seems a bit uncomfortable with how slapdash this all is, himself.
Gaethan re-pockets his notebook. "Understood."
Gaethan rolled 1d20+10 and got 15 ( Total: 25 ) for insight????
Dima grunts and gets shifty-eyed, nudging Carlao.
Aleith|DM: A few of the crew come down the gangplank to the docks, and the local dockers warily prep a crane. A goblin and a docker get into a brief argument—neither speaks the other's language—and eventually the docker throws up his hands and lets the goblin take the crane's controls. The ship's crew hook it up and raise a huge crate from the galleon’s hold.
Dima rolled d20+7 and got 14 ( Total: 21.0 ) for Perception
Aleith|DM: There's a couple of thugs lurking at the door of a dockside bar about a hundreed feet away. You feel they're paying a bit too much attention to the ship.
Aleith|DM: They notice you looking at them and head into the bar.
Dima: "Persons of interest at our six."
Serena: "Got it."
Carlao side-eyes Dima and then looks in the same direction, frowns.
Kaea gives Dima a nod.
Gaethan: "Oh… that won't do."
Aleith|DM: The crane's hoising a massive steel cage off the Fuego Duradero, but the weight is too much, and the cable snaps, dropping the cage on the stone-worked dock.
Aleith|DM: CRASH!!!
Kaea visibly winces before pursing her lips.
Josiah finishes pulling himself up onto stack of crates, and pulls out his musket to… "What?"
Serena whirls at the noise.
Aleith|DM: It breaks on impact, and something claws its way out of the wreckage: a massive dire bear.
Aleith|DM: The dockers nearby panic and start running.
Gaethan nods once. -That's- what was written down.
Josiah: "Yo, Carlo! They didn't have any, uh, giant killer bear paper work did they?"
Aleith|DM: The bear rears up defensively.
Serena: "Oh. … Man that's big."
Dima: "Josiah, see if you can't apprehend that goblin that was manning the controls."
Carlao JUMPS and swears, looking around for civilians- "I certainly don't remember seeing any!"
Josiah: "Well… I was gunna shot the bear, but I guess I can go after the goblin instead."
Aleith|DM: The dire bear soon settles down and ponderously approaches Carlao.
Dima: "Oh, I mean."
Dima: "Just don't let him get away."
Kaea chuckles. "Seems he likes you Carlao."
Aleith|DM: Cruusk drops the crate he was holding. The crew stops laughing at the dockers running in a panic.
Gaethan: "The bear is a gift, I believe…?"
Serena: "… A gift?!"
Aleith|DM: The goblin is already running and dives into the water, swimming away.
Serena: "Where can I get one?!?!"
Gaethan: "That, you'd need to ask the ambassador."
Serena: "Note to self."
Aleith|DM: Booming footsteps singal the arrival of a large minotaur, walking off the deck. He chuckles. "Feroz, come here!" he calls.
Carlao is staring levelly at the bear. He's stood his ground against worse things!
Josiah: "I can bearly contain my excitement… oh, he's goin' in the water. Hold on a tick." Shifting around a bit, starting to draw a bead on the fleeing goblin…
Dima rolls his eyes, and the rest of his head seems to follow the motion.
Aleith|DM: The bear turns around and heads back to the ambassador.
Brakken: "Please, leave the goblin be. It was a simple mistake. Feroz seems okay, and nobody else was harmed."
Josiah: …Making sure then shot is perf - again, really? - "You sure?"
Serena: "He's got a long way to go if he's gonna swim to Ber…"
Gaethan: "Hm." He turns to the ambassador.
Gaethan: "Royal Homeland Constabulary, Flint Branch. I am Agent Gaethan. Welcome to Flint."
Carlao squints.
Aleith|DM: The bear plods over to his side and Brakken scratches behind his ears.
Kaea: "I imagine they're going to realize it was a poor idea and head back any minute now."
Aleith|DM: Seems like he's climbing up the other side of the boat, actually.
Serena pouts. "That's way less exciting."
Dima levels a stare at Brakken, unimpressed. "Still. Serena, see if you can do some counter-espionage."
Dima: "We're being watched, and I don't like that timing."
Brakken: "I am Brakken of Heffanita, Ambassador to Risur from the Progressive Monarchy of Ber, and chosen mediator for the historic peace talks between Danor and Risur."
Josiah gives an exaggurated sigh before moving his finger away from the trigger. After a moment he turns his attention back to the group of thugs that was keeping an eye on the boat a few minutes ago.
Aleith|DM: They're gone.
Dima: They're in the bar now!
Dima: Or past there.
Dima: Either way.
Serena: "Hm. I am kinda thirsty."
Josiah: "Huh… guess the lookie-looes didn't care much for the sudden bear."
Brakken: "Some trouble?"
Dima: "They left when I caught them staring. Before the bear airdrop."
Brakken: "I appreciate the protection, in case of someone trying to harm me, none the less."
Dima: "Beardrop."
Josiah: "Ah, just some punks that were casing the boat. Seems like they took off though."
Serena: "Beardrop."
Gaethan: "I don't think they're interested in trying to steal a dire bear."
Cruusk nods. "We'll keep an extra eye out while we're here."
Serena: "Speaking of, where can I get one?"
Josiah: "Don't think the boss'd care much for a dire bear in the office, Serena."
Brakken: "I'm afraid you'll have to tame your own. Try your woodlands."
Serena: "I'd keep it under my desk! By which I mean it would lay down and I'd put a board on it.
Dima clears his throat.
Carlao snorts out a half-laugh.
Josiah: "Yeah…"
Serena: "Its the perfect office camoflage."
Brakken: "I warn you, we'll have to move around a lot. For starters, I want to make sure Feroz is stabled at the Beran consulate, and then I'd like to get a late lunch before going to meet the king. I already have a place picked out."
Josiah: "Don't think we got enough bear rugs for that, either!"
Gaethan nods, and nods… and nods.
Kaea: "Of course."
Serena: "That's good. Staying mobile makes you harder to target."
Gaethan sort of side-eyes his fellows that are closer to him.
Carlao raises an eyebrow at Gaethan.
Brakken puts a pack on his bear's back, filled with his things. "Let's start walking. I hear the consulate is in Stray River."
Gaethan nods once at Carlao.
Carlao nods in response and then sets off in front, leading the way.
Serena adjusts her cloak and tucks her thumbs in her belt, sticking close to the embassador as they walk.
Dima: "Josiah. Keep an eye out, yours are better than mine."
Aleith|DM: It's a lengthy walk from Bosum Strand, but the ambassador insists rather than taking the ferry. "I've spent my time as ambassador in Slate, not Flint. This city is altogether different. What do you think about it?"
Josiah: "Course! I got a much better vantage point."
Serena: "It's… messy."
Josiah head off ahead of the group.
Serena: "But never boring."
Gaethan: "It is a city that has done a lot of growing, and has much more to do."
Gaethan: "It has been… an exciting time."
Carlao: "It's a good place to live, sir."
Kaea: "Things have certainly been getting interesting lately to say the least."
Dima: "Hmmmm. It is a city on the turning point of a great change, in the liminal borders between eras."
Dima: "Describing it in any given moment is a challenge."
Dima: "Not until the dust and soot settle."
Brakken: "Interesting. Slate is much more stable, largely because most of the industrialization has been kept out."
Carlao chuckles. "The dust never finishes settling around here, Dima."
Aleith|DM: He fills much of the next couple of hours with small talk, sharing stories about his homeland, some anecdotes about his work as ambassador, and asks some more questions about Flint.
Dima: "Hence the challenge, Carlao."
Serena: "Wait wait wait back up. You guys… pick embassadors by who has the baddest bear in town?"
Serena: "… Bieito makes so much more sense suddenly."
Brakken smiles. "It's a great festival. Feroz helped me get the position for Risur after my stay at Orithea turned out well."
Josiah a bit further up the road, shouts back. "No WAY is that true!"
Brakken: "You should come see the next one!" he shouts back.
Serena: "I so am. Holy crap."
Dima grumbles. "Is anyone not concerned about the pair that were watching us?"
Josiah: "Oh yeah, you'd just LOVE seein' me show up in a suit for this solem, formal affair that is giant killer bears lucha doring for political control… only for it to actually just be the local circus! I'm onto you!" Josiah points to his eyes, then back at the ambasador with a grin.
Aleith|DM: Your route passes by a few landmarks, like Dawn Square, the site of Nevard's speech last summer; the Royal Shipyard where the king's ships are docked; the Hotel Aurum (Brakken waves off stopping in as he'll come back later); and eventually you arrive in Stray River.
Serena: "I am, Dima. But since they were gone before I could go ask them some polite questions, I just have to wait until they bring some friends."
Carlao: "We'll just have to be careful."
Aleith|DM: The Beran consulate is far less impressive than the Danoran consulate in the North Shore, but it spreads across more land. Rustic and relaxed, the consulate is rarely visited and sees only a handful of official guests every month. The grounds are patrolled by a half-dozen guards with fierce and loyal mastiffs.
Dima raises his eyebrows at the Ambassador in slight surprise at a revelation. "Brakken. Do you feel different in Slate than you do in Flint? … Do your moods shift when you travel?"
Aleith|DM: Two stories tall and constructed of simple brickwork, the main consulate building is dwarfed by the stables. The stables are home to various normally ferocious animals, including several wolves and the consular's pet worg, Blademaw. You've heard that every few months, the consulate lets in children from various schools on a tour, with the main sight-seeing attraction being the animals in the stables.
Brakken waves it off. "As I said, Slate is more stable. Flint is more colourful. Some of the neighbourhoods are more pleasing than others. This area here is quite nice."
Gaethan: "Here we are. Though I imagine that was obvious due to the flag."
Josiah sniffs at the air, makes a face. "Y'sure this is the consultant and not the most badass Zoo ever constructed inside city grounds…?"
Gaethan turns to look at Josiah, giving them a deadpan face.
Serena: "It might be both? D'you see those dogs? Sweet mercy."
Josiah: "I know, right?"
Dima continues staring, one eyebrow cocked, gears almost audibly turning in his head. "And you've changed temperaments each district we've walked through, almost reflecting them involuntarily."
The consular, a one-legged orc, hobbles over with his peg leg, giving a booming laugh. "I'll take that as a compliment. I'm Gerax, the consular."
Carlao: "Have you really never been here before?" He chuckles.
Gaethan shakes his head at his companions and turns to the orc. "Royal Homeland Constabulary, Flint Branch. I am Agent Gaethan. Wel- Hello, consular Gerax."
Josiah: "Never had much reason to." After a pause, Josiah turns to the orc and gives a poliet bow.
Brakken reaches out and gives him a firm handshake. "Brakken of Heffanita. A pleasure to meet you. And this are my fine constable escort team."
Serena bows politely. "Consular."
Carlao: "I trust everything's in order?"
Gerax: "I'll have to thank you all when the ambassador leaves, safely on his ship. You're welcome to join us for meals during his stay, of course."
Josiah: "Sweet! I love Bear food. … Ber food."
Kaea smirks at Josiash's comment before shaking her head.
Gerax laughs. "Of course."
Gaethan: "It's an honor. And a duty." He smiles.
Carlao nods. "It would be a pleasure."
Dima grunts, letting the others do the talking while he keeps an eye out.
Serena: "I'd love to if our duties allow."
Brakken: "You can join me for breakfast, then, and arrive a little early."
Aleith|DM: He heads off to the stables to get Feroz settled.
Serena: "Deal!"
Josiah: "Sounds good!"
Dima follows behind, keeping a few paces back.
Serena isn't even trying to hide gawking at all the animals.
Once he's finished getting the bear settled, he asks, "can you lead the way to Pardwight University? I'll be meeting Steffan Eberhardt there for that late lunch. He's Drakr's representative for the peace summit."
Gaethan: "Yes, of course."
Kaea: "Central isn't that far from here."
Aleith|DM: It's not a long walk-only about 15 minutes from the consulate at the edge of Stray River.
Gaethan privately consults a pocket-map before leaving.
Aleith|DM: Brakken asks around a bit and is eventually pointed to a Yerasol restaurant in the Onça Student Hall.
Carlao keeps trying to arrange things so that they can show off the rail system but, naw, Central's not that far away, walking it is.
Aleith|DM: There, you're greeted by an old, thin dwarf with sickly white skin, who supports himself on a skull-tipped ebony cane. "Brakken! You made it!"
Brakken: "Constables, meet Steffan Eberhardt. He's Drakr's eyes at the peace summit."
Serena looks at the skull, at the dwarf. "Bringing backup?"
Kaea nods to the dwarf.
Steffan shrugs in a 'what-are-you-gonna-do' way. "We Drakrans thought we knew how the world was going to end—these two countries fighting until everyone is dead. Now we have to change all our predictions."
Josiah: "'Lo!"
Brakken leans in towards Carlao and stage-whispers, "Drakr's just worried they'll have fewer customers for their guns and warships." He and Steffan both laugh.
Brakken: "Let's find a table. With a sturdy chair for me." He laughs again.
Gaethan: "Royal Homeland Constabulary, Flint Branch. I am Agent Gaethan. Hello…" Pause. "-Mr. Eberhardt."
Dima: "Ah, but did they ever think what comes after in its stead? What that destruction ushers forth in creation after its temporary victory?"
Gaethan: "Well… what if you also destroyed -time-, with it?"
Gaethan: "Then, you wouldn't worry about what comes after."
Steffan: "Eventually, sure. Though the rebuilding would be simply awful, I'm sure."
Josiah glances at Dima, then Gaethan, sighs.
Carlao glances at Brakken, very carefully trying not to cause a diplomatic incident by how not amused he is. Basically, the most obviously fake, uncomfortable smile you can imagine.
Serena: "I'm sure there will always be a market for guns. They're far too useful."
Kaea nods at Serena. "Can't argue that."
Carlao: "Let's… focus on butter, shall we?"
Serena: "OK." A pause. "Guns are butter than crossbows?"
Josiah: "I agree, guns are good."
Gaethan snort-laughs at Serena.
Serena grins.
Brakken orders a few large plates of spicy fried fish, goat, and platains, along with some fruit, for the table.
Gaethan picks at it after the ambassadors and consulars and whatever titles they have, he can't really remember them all.
Gaethan also keeps eyes at the windows.
Serena tries a little bit of everything to make sure its not poisoned.
Aleith|DM: A server comes by with your food, setting down the plates on the table. One of the trains passes by on the Orange Line outside.
Kaea seems to be watching her surroundings for the most part. She barely touches the food. Something something doesn't eat on the job.
Josiah tries a little bit of everything, to enjoy it.
Aleith|DM: As the server starts walking away, there's a loud BOOOOOM!!!! from outside. The windows shatter.
Carlao perks up a little once the food's served. Seems like it brings back memories. (Good ones, for a cha- WELL SO MUCH FOR THAT.)
Josiah: "Man, am I glad I got a head start on that banana."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: http://storagebin.wikidot.com/zg-pardwight
Serena reflexively tackles the embassador to cover him. … it probably doesn't work so well.
Dima bolts upright and stands between the ambadassador and the nearest window.
Aleith|DM: Bit of a size difference, yeah.
Aleith|DM: You're not that close to the windows anyway.
Kaea gets out of her seat and heads over to a window to see what's going on.
Aleith|DM: People are running around outside, but most of them heading towards the east, where just outside and across the interesection near you, the skybridge above the train seems to have collapsed onto the train.
Gaethan hits the deck and reflexively draws his longbow!
Josiah licks his fingers clean, before sliding out of his chair, drawing his gun, and following Kaea.
Serena brushes the minotaur off. "Uh, sorry. Habit." And she takes the opposite side from Dima.
Carlao definitely freaks out a little, but his training kicks in, and he moves to defend the ambassador!
Aleith|DM: Someone sticks out in the crowd-a clean-shaven dwarf with white hair, walking away from the disaster, newspaper under his arm as he fiddles with a pocketwatch.
Aleith|DM: He's walking in front of the window of the restaurant-and suddenly a gargoyle from the roof above crashes down into the street. Onto him.
Josiah: "White haired dwarf casually glancing at a pocket watch as an explosion goes off… looks like our gu - WHAT THE FUCK?!"
Aleith|DM: Crunch
Serena: "…"
Kaea glances at Josiah. "No witnesses. I'm going to check out the watch and see if it was a controlled detonation."
Serena: "I'm heading up."
Josiah: "I uh."
Serena: "Dima, Carlao, stay."
Gaethan: "…this sounds unusual, to say the least." He's hanging back, still by the VIPs.
Serena hauls ass for the nearest stairwell.
Josiah: "Knock yourself out."
Dima: "What was the term that flighty eladrin used?"
Brakken: "This is teribble." His eyes are quite wide. Which is something on someone his size.
Dima: "Mohya?"
Carlao looks like he's Seen some Shit. On the bright side, that means he's not any more phased than he already was, and sticks with the ambassador.
Aleith|DM: The dwarf seems to still be alive, growling in pain.
Carlao: "Everything will be fine, sir. Please try to stay calm."
Josiah pulls up his rifle, scaning the area and Kaea approaches what's left of the dwarf.
Aleith|DM: The roof is clear-no one atop it.
Kaea makes her way towards the intersection where the dwarf got crushed.
Serena: "Damn it…"
Aleith|DM: Seems like the statue got knocked loose by the explosion.
Aleith|DM: It's not a far walk-the dwarf was only a few feet away from you outside.
Kaea is going to try and get the statue off of him and then haul the dwarves ass back to Dima.
Dima: Oh, because we all look the same?
Josiah: "…Is he still alive?!"
[OOC] Kaea: Because you're the cleric :(
Serena heads back down to rejoin the others.
[OOC] Serena: and yes you're all short, hairy, and grumpy.
Aleith|DM: This dwarf doesn't even have a beard though! That's racist :(
Aleith|DM: You heave the statue off and bring him inside.
Kaea nods before calling out to Josiah. "Barely! He isn't looking too hot, though."
Aleith|DM: Steffan looks a bit shocked as he uses his magic to stabilize the man.
Aleith|DM: Religion check?
Josiah: "That was some bad luck right there, friend." Josiah nods towards the dwarf.
Dima rolled d20+9 and got 2 ( Total: 11.0 ) for Religion
Aleith|DM: As you look more closely at the dwarf, he's got dark patches around his nose and fingertips from frostbite.
Steffan: "My word! He's a member of one of those radical eschatologist groups!"
Serena: "…"
Kaea: "Is that a dwarf thing?"
Dima: "We're *not* all radical."
Josiah: "The ones that want to watch the world end, Kaea."
Dwarf: "I don't know what you're talking about."
Dima: "… nor all dwarves."
Carlao glowers at the dwarf. "…he certainly came close to the end right now, didn't he?"
Gaethan: "We can argue about that later- who are you?" he asks of the injured man.
Josiah: "Right, well, we DO know one of those loonies from work… and from what I recall… that trick where you do somethin' real stupid and don't die can only work once every coupla-o-minutes so… you might wanna start talkin' about what the play here is, pal." Josiah swings his gun around to the dwarf.
Takbar: "Takbar Rhozenko. I was just looking around when…that explosion…happened."
Serena gives the dwarf a steady look. "That's some pretty serious frostbite you got there. Kinda odd. Especially on a nice spring day…"
[OOC] Kaea: How far away was the statues original location compared to where the collapse was?
Carlao: "Oh, it just 'happened', did it?"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: You're in buliding 11 at the front near the railway. The skybridge that collapsed on the train is connecting building 8.
Aleith|DM: About 50, 60 feet?
Takbar: "Everything 'happens'."
Josiah moves back towards the now open window of the resturant, now taking a better look at the train and surrounding area.
Josiah: "This has got to be a diversion, right? The question is what they're trying to divert us away from though… Lot of stuff goin' on this week."
Dima grunts. "Everything that happens has some prior impetus."
Aleith|DM: The train's derailed, and a great black smoke cloud billows into the sky from the collapsed skybridge.
Gaethan: "When the police arrive, we should see you back to back to the consulate, Ambassador."
Dima: "Gears turning, interlocked, like clockwork."
Serena absently grabs one more of those plantains and chews while looking at the dwarf.
Dima: "I'm going to check the train."
Dima does so, ambling out.
Carlao: "Our mission is to protect the ambassador."
Aleith|DM: The dwarf, too, bites down on something in his mouth, though you're not sure what…? He laughs as his skin starts turning blue. "Zubov will destroy the little world you know!"
Josiah: "I'm thinking it might be okay to put the screws to 'em a bit, Sere. There's no way that was co - ah, dammit."
Aleith|DM: Takbar turns deathly cold, his blood transmuted to ice.
Serena pulls out a notebook and writes down 'Zubov'.
Josiah: "Dima! He did that thing where he turned himself into a dead dwarfcicle!"
Gaethan pulls out a notebook and writes down 'Zubov.'
Carlao …sighs.
Steffan: "…more radical than I thought."
Dima: "Steffan said as much. Try to keep up."
Dima: "Keep one step ahead."
Josiah: "…Gae! You can get answers out of dead people right?"
Gaethan: "It's a lot like talking to an alive person, yeah."
Josiah: "…Oh, so not good odds on him talking any more? Damn."
Josiah turns his attention back to the train and Dima, keeping an eye out for anything looking to jump him.
Gaethan: "We've got a number of hours, anyhow."
Dima: "Although there is one tactic we can use to keep him talking." [Healing Word]
Dima: "After destruction comes creation. After winter comes spring."
Aleith|DM: He's dead.
Kaea kneels down and examines that watch now that he's dead.
Aleith|DM: You find come up with his pocketwatch and a the newspaper after a brief search.
[OOC] Josiah: Ate a capsel of failed death saving throws :(
Aleith|DM: The pocket watch is set for 2:40. Checking your own watch, it's currently 2:28.
Kaea glances at the group. "What's your take on that?"
Aleith|DM: The paper is a small-run circulation, the Risuri Record, which is owned by Risuri citizens who are sympathetic to Drakr and the Heid Eschatol philosophy. The tabloid is renowned for dealing with trash scandals—with their current run discussing an entirely baseless affair between Danoran Minister of Outsiders Lya Jierre and her brother Luc Jierre. This one's dated for tomorrow.
Aleith|DM: The watch radiates minor transmutation magic.
Gaethan: "…my take is we should probably not be around this corpse and that watch."
Serena: "… Ew?"
Gaethan: "We need to get moving."
Kaea chews at her lip. "Wonder if something is going to happen in twelve minutes?"
Carlao: "Almost certainly. Let's be elsewhere."
Gaethan: "I'd bet everything on it."
Dima: "Or twenty-four hours, twelce minutes."
Aleith|DM: Checking the body a bit further, you come up with identification-Takbar Rhozenko, it matches-and some work orders for repairs.
Gaethan: "It's time to go." He moves for the door, peering around corners as he goes.
Serena: "Let me guess, repairs for the skybridge there."
Josiah: "Stay towards the center of the group, ambassador!"
Aleith|DM: The work orders are for repairs on the skybridge last night, and has an address for a 'Soknik Repairs' store.
Aleith|DM: A few police have arrived on-scene and are starting to help people from the rubble and the derailed train.
Gaethan: "There, they can handle it. Officers, please be careful."
Serena pulls out a notebook and writes down 'Soknik Repairs'.
Dima briefly checks in with them, seeing if they absolutely need help - but if not, he's sticking with the ambassador.
Gaethan: "Let's go… (someone else lead the way.)"
Kaea glances at the others. "I'm going to go check the printer. The papers dated for tomorrow, that means someone pressed it just a short while ago, no?"
Dima: "The publication that printed his newspaper is only a few blocks away, further down the rail."
Dima: "Potentially."
Brakken: "A possible lead, you think?"
Josiah: "You think it's really a good idea to take the ambassasor there with us, though?"
Kaea: "It's only a few minutes away."
Gaethan: "Yes, though my duty right now is to you, ambassador."
Carlao: "We should take the ambassador to safety. Our mission is paramount."
Serena: "That's clever. get specific repair materials tied to the watch, have the watch turn your support struts to rust just as the train goes by."
Aleith|DM: Arcana check?
Serena rolled d20+10 and got 6 ( Total: 16 )
Kaea rolled d20+15 and got 13 ( Total: 28.0 )
Serena: (She's actually trained in it haha)
Aleith|DM: Fiddling with the watch, Kaea, you're sure that the watch sent out a magical signal by fiddling with the device, and you can even use it to trace the signal to the bombs. They seem to be coming from the Flint Tribute building, in fact.
Aleith|DM: However, the crash from the gargoyle seems to have deactivated its ability to stop the detonation once triggered.
Dima adjusts his spectacles and stares at Serena. "As I said earlier. Like clockwork."
Josiah: "I mean, I can scout, but when we're actively expecting hostiles I'm much better suited for the back so… not it. Votin Carleo leads."
Aleith|DM: You're pretty the watch is going to have the bombs go of in…11 minutes now.
Aleith|DM: Wisdom checks?
Dima rolled d20+7 and got 7 ( Total: 14.0 )
Serena rolled d20+2 and got 1 ( Total: 3 )
Kaea: "… I doubt a proper bomb team is going to be able to arrive in 11 minutes. We also can't risk the safety of our escort. Can we evacuate the area?"
Dicebot:// Multiple Dice Error: Unable to parse : in :
Aleith|DM: //Speaking of the time…the Anderson Clock Tower's 7 minutes slow.

Gaethan rolled 1d20+5 and got 9 ( Total: 14 ) for ???
Josiah: "'Bomb team'? Yeah, I'm all for gettin' the hell out of here."
Kaea rolled d20+2 and got 4 ( Total: 6.0 )
Dima: "Four minutes."
Carlao shouts to the police or, frankly, anyone who's listening: "EVACUATE THE AREA."
Dima: "Or - hm."
Aleith|DM: A couple of the police shout back that they're working on it.
Aleith|DM: A few more cops show up and start trying to get the onlookers to back away.
Aleith|DM: So. Heading for the Flint Tribune building?
Carlao is good at barking very loud orders; he's got the practise. "THIS IS NOT A DRILL. GET EVERYONE TO SAFETY." He then looks at the ambassador - is there anyone trusted within the police that could get the ambassador the hell out of dodge?
Dima: "Within the next few minutes."
Serena frowns. "Take the ambassador to safety. I'll get the bombs."
Gaethan begins to lead their way out of the district, keeping close to the ambassador, longbow drawn.
Aleith|DM: The watch leads to the crawlspaces between the floors. You find one of the bombs attached to a support column
Josiah: "Have fun with that, Sere."
Serena: "Its always a party in Serenaland."
Dima sticks close to the ambassador, ready with any - 'correcting' that needs doing in case of the worst.
Aleith|DM: Thievery check to disable it?
Serena pulls her tools out and starts working on the bomb.
Kaea follows after Serena. She figured out the watch after all. "If I had to take a guess there's likely multiple bombs in the crawlspace. You'd have to take down more than one support column to take this place out."
Serena rolled d20+12 and got 7 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: You manage to disable it.
Serena: "One down…"
Serena fiddles with the watch and takes off after the next one.
Aleith|DM: Over the next several minutes, you use the watch to track down another two bombs on this floor, and 3 more between the 2nd and 3rd floors. The signal dies off after the last one is disabled.
Josiah: "Yo, Gae. So. We're probably gunna wanna find a heavy building to hide out in before that thing goes off, just in case. Anything near by feel good to you?"
Aleith|DM: It's 2:37 when you wrap up.
Serena may be looking a bit wide around the eyes by the time she is finished with SIX BOMBS holy shit.
Aleith|DM: Quite a few, yes. Thankfully the rest were setup the same as the first one.
Dima: 2:30 according to the tower, right?
Aleith|DM: Yep.
Carlao points out a sturdy source of cover.
Gaethan: "Anywhere with the least windows and strongest arches."
Aleith|DM: Perception check?
Gaethan: "Shops are out."
Serena: "I. Want. A drink. Right. Goddamn. Now."
Gaethan rolled 1d20+5 and got 19 ( Total: 24 ) for wisdom, is it
Dima rolled d20+7 and got 6 ( Total: 13.0 )
Josiah rolled d20+15 and got 13 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: You see a flash of light from one of the shoulders beside the clock tower as you glance at the time. Like off of a piece of glass.
Kaea gives Serena a thumbs up. "Yeah. You earned it. Not yet, though. I can't imagine this was all they were planning. Whether they chose to act when their second bomb doesn't go off who knows, but I'd put money on the idea that there was a step three."
Serena droops. "Yeah."
Josiah: "…The hell was that?"
Serena perks. "Lets go stab someone."
Gaethan: "…that's a signal."
Dima: "Josiah."
Dima: "Don't you have a sniper scope?"
Dima: "You tell us."
Josiah: "Naw, just the silencer, but I'll squint up real tight and see if that helps."
Josiah does just that. His eye sight's pretty good, for a human.
Kaea frowns. "Possible enemy sniper? Is our escort secure?"
Aleith|DM: There's a few shapes atop the clock tower.
Josiah: "Hmm…"
Josiah: "Yup, that's people on top of the clock tower."
Carlao growls, under his breath. Best he can do is make sure the ambassador's out of sight of the clock tower and nobody's sneaking up on them.
Aleith|DM: A couple of them seem to be holding something long. Maybe a spyglass?
Serena rejoins the others. "OK if I can't get drunk I need to get in a fight. SIX BOMBS IN THAT BUILDING! SIX!!!"
Josiah: "My vote for perfect building to hide in is the one we're literally standing beside now as one of them is holding up something long now - GO!"
Dima: "Come with us, ambassador."
Aleith|DM: Brakken and Steffan allow themselves to be herded inside.
Carlao covers the ambassador with his shield and stays between him and the clocktower, inasmuch as he can.
Kaea: "Send some officers to the clock tower. Keep Brakken away from all windows."
Josiah: "Wait, shit - six? Nice, Sere!" Josiah's the second to last in ahead of Carlao, training his gun on the targets until they're all inside.
Aleith|DM: There's about a dozen officers at this point. They've managed to haul out several injured people and a few bodies.
Gaethan: "…dashing across the market is no good…. going past the fountain is a kill zone… going past the hospital is probably our best bet."
Gaethan: "Only problem is the Tribune is also that direction."
Aleith|DM: There's….another glint of light from atop the hospital, now that you're looking at it.
Josiah: "Nope, hospital's bad too."
Gaethan: "Yeah I just saw that."
Josiah cracks open a window, whistles. "Yo, officers! Either shoots or spoters! Clock tower, hospital roof too. Get on some people on that,woulda ya?"
Carlao: "Shiiit."
Gaethan: "If we can pin down those on the tower we can escape through the south."
Aleith|DM: A few stay behind to help with more survivors, but the other 8 split up, 4 heading out to check each building with a salute.
Kaea: "Who do you think they're after? The two bombs weren't in our locations so I'm not really convinced Brakken is the target here."
Brakken: "I certainly hope not."
Carlao: "Could just be trying to smoke us out into the open with chaos and buildings blowing up."
Josiah: "Bomb was a diversion to get Brakkan or the Drakr out in the open, I'd wager."
Josiah nods to Carlao.
Carlao nods to Josiah.
Aleith|DM: There's some sharp reports as gunfire starts coming from the rooftops. A couple of the police go down.
Josiah pokes his head up to take a look, grimaces. "…Guess the shooters were expecting company."
Kaea bites down on her lip. "It's really annoying knowing they're getting shot at out there and we have to stay here."
Aleith|DM: The rest make it into the buildings, but as the crowd starts to scatter from the gunshots, the snipers start shooting into the panicing crowd.
Gaethan: "I'm going in."
Josiah: "Dammit."
Gaethan: "Someone come as one backup, and as we keep them busy, the rest of you get out."
Dima grimaces and wanders out to see who he can tend to. "Likewise," he growls.
Dima nods at Gaethan.
Carlao: "I've got your back if you need me, Gaethan."
Aleith|DM: Alright. Who's going where? All heading to one building, or splitting up?
Josiah: "Wonder if I can even hit them from this far out…"
Serena: "Try the roof, Josiah. It was clear when I went up there, but the view is good."
Kaea: "Two to the hospital, two to the clock tower, two with Brakken?"
Dima is headed with Gaethan to the clock tower, it looks like.
Josiah: "Hopefully there's another gargoyle up there to hide behind! I'll see about covering you guys from the rooftop then."
Kaea: "There could be a 3rd snipers nest, but it isn't obvious yet."
Gaethan is headed for the clock tower, yes.
Josiah going up to the hall's roof, and praying there's a good spot to pseudo hide so he's not just standing in the open.
Dima kneels down to tend to the fallen officers along the way, given the opportunity.
Carlao will stick with the ambassador. Nobody they're protecting is getting killed on his watch!
Serena: "Carlao, stick with the embassador, head up to the roof with Josiah. Embassador if you would stay in the stairwell to make Carlaos job easier that would just be wonderful."
Kaea glances at Serena. "Let's go to the hospital. You wanted to stab someone anyways."
Serena: "I'm going to make sure the hospital is full of the injured."
Kaea: "There's a few snipers on the roof over there."
Serena nods at Kaea and heads that way!
Serena: "not for long…"
[OOC] Dima: do I make a few heal rolls or do i not have that chance yet or ever, haha
Aleith|DM: There's only one injured officer on the way to the clock tower
Aleith|DM: Roll?
Dima rolled d20+12 and got 12 ( Total: 24.0 )
Aleith|DM: He's stabilized
Kaea: "If feasible, make sure to get the pill out of one of their mouths, Serena. I'm not in a position to get in range and they'll likely chomp down on them before being captured."
Serena: "I uh… Hm."
Aleith|DM: You meet up with the officers inside the hospital and the clock tower as you get ready to head out onto the roofs. Josiah, you can see the roofs on each end, and can have cover from their shots, though they will get the same from you. You can take a move action to move from one side of the wing you're in to other.
Serena: "That's really gonna hurt."
Kaea: "We only need one, at least?" She smiles.
Serena: "Easier."
Serena looks at the officers. "Stay behind me, I'll see what I can do to draw fire."
Josiah: "Fuck, why did they make the ramparts so high? Oh well."
Serena puts on a pair of leather gloves and heads for the stairwell.
Aleith|DM: As if synchronized, you all breach the rooftops at the same time…
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 23:Kaea | 21:Sniper A | 21:Radical C | 19:Gaethan | 18:Radical B | 17:Josiah | 17:Serena | 17:Sniper C | 16:Dima | 16:Sniper B | 12:Sniper D | 12:Radical A | 7:Carlao | 6:Radical D |
Aleith|DM: Kaea? Move action gets you up to the roof with 4 squares of movement left.
Aleith|DM: (Darker patch on the roof for the access)
Kaea heads up first, then!
Dima rolls his neck to each side and menacingly drops the head of his hammer into his other hand, like one does with a club or a paddle when disciplining unruly children.
Kaea fires off a magic missile at the Eschatologist closest to her! [15 damage]
Aleith|DM: The radical nearby gives a shout as you emerge. "It's the cops!"
Aleith|DM: Sniper A takes his shot at a bystander on the street. The radical beside him says, "target down."
Aleith|DM: Gaethan? Radical C hasn't noticed anything yet, probably because the door in front of Dima is still shut.
[OOC] Gaethan: so is there a wall between us…?)
Aleith|DM: Yep
Aleith|DM: You're inside the clock tower at the moment
Aleith|DM: The bottom of the clock face is to your left.
[OOC] Gaethan: so where are they, I don't really understand what I'm looking at
[OOC] Gaethan: they're in another part of the tower I think?
[OOC] Dima: out on the balcony?
Aleith|DM: Okay so the clock tower, in profile, goes like _| |_ and they're on the right shoulder
Aleith|DM: you're inside
[OOC] Gaethan: aight
Gaethan shuffles to the other side, signals to open the door, and then fires at Sniper C! [Aggressive Attack]
Aleith|DM: Sure.
Gaethan rolled 2#1d20+12(1) and got 15 ( Total: 27 ) for vs AC
Also rolled 2#1d20+12(2) and got 9 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 48
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gaethan rolled 2#1d8+5(1) and got 2 ( Total: 7 )
Also rolled 2#1d8+5(2) and got 8 [Total: 13]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 20
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!] Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: The radical outside the door snarls, "it's a raid!"
Aleith|DM: Radical B puts away his spyglass, pulls out a shotgun, and shoots at Kaea.
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 10 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 11 [Total: 23.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 45.0, Avg: 10.50
Aleith|DM rolled d8+17 and got 2 ( Total: 19.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 19!
Aleith|DM: Josiah?
Kaea clutches at her side. Maybe rushing up wasn't the greatest idea.
Josiah starts lining up a shot on Sniper B. [Snipe next round]
Aleith|DM: Serena!
Serena makes a grabbing motion at her wrist and pulls a leather cord out of her bracer, popping out of the doorway and flinging herself at Radical A. [Garrote]
Serena rolled d20+10 and got 13 ( Total: 23 ) for vs Reflex
Serena rolled 2d4+6 and got 3, 2 ( Total: 11.0 ) for grabbed, target can't speak, -2 attacks vs me.
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 11!
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Sniper C startles, swearing in Drakran as he wheels about and fires a shot at Dima through the doorway. [Rifled Musket]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 10 ( Total: 26 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 17
Aleith|DM: Dima?
Dima glances over at Radical C quickly, seeing if he's armed himself or if he's still fumbling around for his weapon.
[OOC] Dima: more pertinently, "will I provoke an OA"
Aleith|DM: He's got a shotgun in his hands
Aleith|DM: he can't take OAs
Aleith|DM: There's a warhammer at his belt, but it's still hanging there.
Dima returns the favor against Sniper C, gesturing at him and calling down the [Fire of Philosophy].
Dima rolled d20+10 and got 17 ( Total: 27.0 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Dima rolled 2d6+8 and got 1, 1 ( Total: 10.0 ) for radiant damage, and Gaethan gets 5 THP
Dima steps out the door when finished.
Dima doesn't step out, but further in. Ahem.
Aleith|DM: Snipers B and D fire at more bystanders in the crowd before pulling their eyes away from their sights and turning around to face the intruders.
Serena is absolutely using that radicals bosy as a shield. "Throw down your weapons and place yoru hands above your' head, you are under arrest."
Aleith|DM: Radical A drops his shotgun and pulls out his warhammer, trying to escape.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 19 ( Total: 25 ) for Athletics vs Fort
[OOC] Serena: son of a bitch>:E
Aleith|DM: I'm as surprised as you.
Aleith|DM: But he's not and swings his hammer at you.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 20 ( Total: 34 )
Aleith|DM: 12 damage and 5 cold damage, and you're marked by him!
Aleith|DM: (just -2 to attacks that aren't against him)
Aleith|DM: Radical D fires his shotgun at one of the officers.
Serena: "Augh! OK *fine*, try to be polite and this is what I get."
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 7 ( Total: 19.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 16 [Total: 28.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 47.0, Avg: 11.50
Aleith|DM: And down he goes.
Aleith|DM: Hmm I guess that's a warhammer instead
Aleith|DM: since the officers are going first
Dima: "Tsk tsk."
Aleith|DM: and attack each of the targets on the clocktower roof as they spread out
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+6(1) and got 16 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 4#d20+6(2) and got 17 [Total: 23.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+6(3) and got 14 [Total: 20.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+6(4) and got 4 [Total: 10.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 75.0, Avg: 12.75
Aleith|DM: Sniper C takes 4!
[OOC] Dima: oh COME ON
Aleith|DM: -5
Aleith|DM: let's go f
Aleith|DM: five
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
[OOC] Dima: ahahah
[OOC] Serena: * Zane shows up just to [Close ENough] that shit >:E
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 23:Kaea | 21:Sniper A | 21:Radical C | 19:Gaethan | 18:Radical B | 17:Josiah | 17:Serena | 17:Sniper C | 16:Dima | 16:Sniper B | 12:Sniper D | 12:Radical A | 7:Allied Officers | 6:Radical D |
Aleith|DM: Kaea!
Aleith|DM: wait
Aleith|DM: other officers
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+6(1) and got 6 ( Total: 12.0 )
Also rolled 3#d20+6(2) and got 17 [Total: 23.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+6(3) and got 5 [Total: 11.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 46.0, Avg: 9.33
Aleith|DM: Sniper A is hit for 4!
Aleith|DM: Now it's Kaea!
Dima: "Your ilk believe the world will fall quietly back into death and slumber, slipping from warmth into the cold… but what if your predictions are wrong, and it awakes, and roars in triumph, and it ends in a glorious, celebratory blaze?!"
Kaea moves forward and blasts all three of the opponents with a [Burning Hands]
Kaea rolled d20+10 and got 18 ( Total: 28.0 ) for vs reflex
[OOC] Kaea: Top to bottom
Kaea rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 4 ( Total: 14.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 20 [Total: 30.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 44.0, Avg: 12.00
Kaea rolled 2d6+4 and got 4, 2 ( Total: 10.0 )
Sniper D: "Quietly? Ha!"
Aleith|DM: Hit, miss, crit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 10!] [16!
Dima: "Yet the end result in your view is a chill void, eternally still after the hubbub, yes?"
Aleith|DM: Sniper A takes up his warhammer and strikes at the officer in front of him! [Wary Warhammer]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 11 ( Total: 25 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: He shifts 1 space back.
Aleith|DM: Radical C picks up his warhammer and swings at the officer in front of the door.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 4 ( Total: 18 ) for Fervent Warhammer
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Gaethan!
Gaethan focuses his will onto the fallen Sniper C, and wills the man's spirit to rise up and snipe at Sniper D! [Unfinished Business]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 3 ( Total: 19 )
[OOC] Gaethan: +2 to attack roll
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Aleith|DM: bonus to damage? Otherwise 17
[OOC] Gaethan: no just +2 to hit
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 17!
Aleith|DM: Radical B also takes out his warhammer and swings at the officer in front of him.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 13 ( Total: 27 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: He then steps in front of Kaea.
Kaea: "Tsk."
Aleith|DM: Josiah?
Aleith|DM: Serena?
Josiah exhales slowly, holds his breath, then pulls the trigger on Sniper B.
Josiah rolled d20+12 and got 15 ( Total: 27 ) for -2/+2
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Josiah grins slightly as the bullet rips through the other sniper's head without much noise on his head, before loading another bullet into the chamber and taking aim at Sniper A. [Minor Reload, Sniping]
Serena: "OK then." And she feints to the side before slashing at radical A with her hidden blade. [Lunging Strike]
Serena rolled d20+12 and got 12 ( Total: 24 ) for vs AC
[OOC] Serena: ugghhhh so close
Aleith|DM: Dima?
Dima angles himself a bit further north and strikes with lightning and the [Fire of Philosophy] at Sniper D.
Dima rolled d20+10 and got 17 ( Total: 27.0 ) for vs ref
Dima rolled 2d6+8 and got 2, 3 ( Total: 13.0 )
Dima: Radiant!
Dima: The officer he can see gets 5 THP..?
Aleith|DM: Sure.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!
Aleith|DM: Sniper D bites down and dies, blood turning to ice.. [Suicide Pill]
Aleith|DM: Radical A swings his warhammer at Serena!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 17 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 12 damage plus 5 cold!
Aleith|DM: Marked UEoNT again!
Aleith|DM: Officer D swings his billy club at Radical A!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 12 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: And another two swing at the remaining radicals on the tower!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+6(1) and got 17 ( Total: 23.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+6(2) and got 1 [Total: 7.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 30.0, Avg: 9.00
Aleith|DM: Let's…flank D and the first hits
Aleith|DM: for 4!
Kaea: "How you hanging up, Serena?"
Dima: "It's just cleanup now."
Aleith|DM: Radical D retaliates with a warhammer to that officer's face.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 16 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM: Smashing it in. [KO!]
Serena: "Been better. Been worse."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 23:Kaea | 21:Sniper A | 21:Radical C | 19:Gaethan | 18:Radical B | 17:Josiah | 17:Serena | 16:Dima | 12:Sniper D | 12:Radical A | 7:Allied Officers | 6:Radical D |
Aleith|DM: Kaea?
Dima: "You can surrender now, or you can opt to use those pills in your teeth."
Kaea teleports away from Radical B [Fey Step] before blasting A with the full brunt of a [Magic Missile - 15]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!
Aleith|DM: Sniper A reloads his rifle.
Aleith|DM: Radical C walks over and smashes in Sniper C's face before biting his pill. [Coup de Grace, Suicide Pill]
Aleith|DM: Gaethan?
Gaethan: "Get out of there, officer!" He backs up and fires twice at the remaining Radical! [Aggressive Attack]
Gaethan rolled 2#1d20+12(1) and got 14 ( Total: 26 ) for vs AC
Also rolled 2#1d20+12(2) and got 16 [Total: 28]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 54
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gaethan rolled 2#1d8+5(1) and got 5 ( Total: 10 )
Also rolled 2#1d8+5(2) and got 8 [Total: 13]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 23
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 23!] Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Radical B moves to flank Serena and swings his warhammer!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 9 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 12 damage plus 5 cold!
Dima: "Gaethan."
Gaethan: "Yo!"
Aleith|DM: Josiah? Serena?
Josiah exhale, fire.
Josiah rolled d10+10 and got 9 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Serena feints like she's going to use the blade again and then snaps Radical A's neck with the [Garrote].
Serena rolled d20+10 and got 13 ( Total: 23 ) for vs Reflex
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Josiah grumbles, pops in another bullet and lines the shot back up. [Snipe]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Dima: "What purpose could they have to be so cavalier with their lives?"
Aleith|DM: Dima!
Kaea scratches her head. "Guess taking one alive became an afterthought after they blasted the shit out of us, huh?"
Gaethan hisses through his teeth. "Martyrdom. The idea that somehow their minds could be read or forced out of them."
Serena moves to keep an eye on the other soldiers. "Well…"
Dima steps up close and strikes with a flaming hammer. [Fire of Philosophy]
Dima rolled d20+10 and got 10 ( Total: 20.0 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Dima rolled 2d6+8 and got 1, 6 ( Total: 15.0 )
Dima glances at the officer to his side. "Knock him out."
Dima: "Nonlethal."
Aleith|DM: The officer tries!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 17 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM: But misses :(
[OOC] Dima: Oh, can he see Serena from here?
Aleith|DM: Dima?
Aleith|DM: No, you're about 200 feet apart
[OOC] Dima: didn't I just go
Aleith|DM: No I meant in response to your question
Aleith|DM: The other one on the hospital roof steps back and fires his pistol at the radical!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 6 ( Total: 12 )
[OOC] Dima: also … what if i was north, is it too late to go "oh I should have been flanking"
Aleith|DM: oh then
Aleith|DM: sure
Aleith|DM: he knocks him out.
Aleith|DM: since I keep having them do 5 damage instead of their normal 4…….
Aleith|DM: poor level 1 minions
Dima kneels down and gets to removing that irksome pill before the radical's tongue can loosen it or a tooth can bite down on it…
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 23:Kaea | 21:Sniper A | 18:Radical B | 17:Josiah | 17:Serena | 7:Allied Officer |
Aleith|DM: Kaea!
Kaea moves back further on the roof and blasts Radical B with a magic missile. [15]
Aleith|DM: Sniper A shoots at Kaea!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 12 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 17!
Aleith|DM: Radical B swings at the remaining officer!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 1 ( Total: 15 )
Kaea mutters a curse under her breath about fucking Josiah not being able to land a shot when it mattered.
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Josiah!
Aleith|DM: Serena!
Josiah … bang!
Josiah rolled d20+10 and got 17 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Josiah: "Finally!" Quickly gabs another bullet into the chamber, then starts lining up a shot on the last dwarf.
Serena slaps a vial into the bracer on her wrist and pulls her [Garrote] again, now covered with a slick, greenish ooze. She leaps at radical B!
Serena rolled d20+10 and got 19 ( Total: 29 ) for vs Reflex
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Serena rolled 2d6+16 and got 5, 5 ( Total: 26.0 ) for damage, poison, assassinate
Also rolled 2d10 and got 1, 10 [Total: 11 (Avg), Avg: 5.50]
Total: 37.0, Avg: 5.25
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: The radical eschatologists are all down.
[OOC] Gaethan: no phyllis is still out there
Serena lets her garrote snap back into its wrist bracer and starts fishing in the radicals mouth to get his poison tooth.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Haha.
Josiah: "Nice." Josiah takes a moment, before glancing over in the other direction… ah, they look clear there too. "I think the situation's under control now, Carlao!"
Gaethan gives the sniper perch a wave.
Serena: "You happy, Kaea?"
Kaea clutches at her side before giving a thumbs up to Serena. "As happy as I could be getting shot at three times. How was the warhammer?"
Serena: "Crunchy."
Serena: "And cold."
Serena: "Like getting shitbeat by a block of ice, really."
Brakken: "Well, that was…terrifying. Good job, constables."
Across another roof, Dima's hammer burns.
Steffan: "Nice firearm there. Hardly a sound, and good range."
Josiah: "Definitely not my favorite way to wrap up a luncheon, Sir."
Kaea: "Well. Lucky for us we're on top of a hospital. I'm going to go grab some gauze and such from downstairs before I bleed out."
Serena: "I'll take a double on the rocks, and some bandages too."
Josiah: "Ah, yeah. Little gadget Serena helped me build a while back, we call it a 'silencer'."
Serena starts dragging the dwarf by his collar as she heads into the building.
Gaethan shoulders the fallen radical in the clock tower after rifling through their mouth.
Aleith|DM: It's messy, but you find and remove it. Dima can heal up the bleeding.
Carlao pokes his head up a staircase finally. "Ambassador's still safe. Everything… calm up there now?"
Josiah: "Looks like they're dragging bodies inside, so yeah all clear."
Dima does s.
Dima: so.
Josiah: "Gunna stay up here and keep and eye out for any lingering threat though, entirely possible they had a back up ground solution if the guns didn't work out."
Aleith|DM: Alright. You guys wrap things up with the police, a number of them pouring in now to handle damage control, and pass your arrested dwarf radical over to them for interrogation.
Aleith|DM: Afterwards, the short walk to the Hotel Aurum sees you safely within the doors.
Aleith|DM: Along with Ambassador Brakken and Observer Steffan.
Aleith|DM: Over the course of the evening, the police let you know that the dwarf gave up the location of their base, aparently 'under Soknik Repairs' which matches the address on that work order you found.
Aleith|DM: He also gladly boasts that his leader Grundun Zubov has already thought of a counter to anything the police could do to stop them.
Aleith|DM: The explosion on the skybridge seems to have been setup slightly differently from the bombs in the Flint Tribune building. The trigger was a wire on the tracks, that when the train ran across it, set off a bunch of firedust casks that had been hidden during the previous night's 'repair' work in the stone pillars.
Aleith|DM: The dwarves in the sniper nests, and Takbar, all had a white powder on their shoes, which examinations reveal as sodium borate, along with several other compounds used as an insecticide.
Aleith|DM: The next morning, Phyllis receives a letter from Vlendam Heid…


I, Vlendam Heid, son of Anisim Heid, son of Modya Bohm, dictate this letter to professional typist Kimsta Vicked, who uses only the finest Zhugo-brand mecha-typographs. It was delivered by Trekhom-based Mori Couriers.

May you have the wisdom and calm to face your coming end.

I send this in hopes it can help you prepare for whatever end may befall you. While I accept not all who are exposed to my writings and speeches shall interpret them as I would desire, it does not surprise me that some radicals claim the name of this movement I inspired and pervert it to ends inimical to my intentions, and to what I believe any good citizen of this world, man or dwarf, would support.

There is, in the frigid north of Drakr, a dwarf woman named Grandis Komanov whom I cannot in good faith call a philosopher. Rather she is, if I may use a pejorative term, a spiritual leader. One of Komanov’s adherents came to me this evening and in a most vulgar fashion bragged of what one of his peers would be doing in your city of Flint. I believe he thought I would show him approval, but his intentions—and moreover his enthusiasm for the methods—repulsed me.

Komanov has taken the volumes of writing I have produced, condensed them to a simple aphorism “Prepare for the end,” and then encouraged an interpretation that more closely resembles “Make things end.” You may not be familiar with my nation’s old history of monsters in the frozen wastes, but we are always putting up with zealots who derive worldly power by preying on the beliefs of those seeking spiritual power from these long-perished entities. Komanov continues this tradition, but appears much more invested in the fiction she has produced.

In short, my visitor this night claims a group of Komanov’s followers—who alas have several days’ head start on this letter—head now to Flint with the intention of disrupting your peace summit and causing a great tide of mayhem and death. They think peace between your two nations will forestall a doomsday they greatly desire.

I feigned interest in my visitor’s claims, and elicited two pieces of information you might value. First, the leader of this group is Grundun Zubov who is not known to me. Second, they have hired a crack marksman for reasons I can only guess, one Kvarti Gorbatiy. His name kindled some recognition, and I pored through old correspondence to find a letter he had written me a few months past. Unless his demeanor has greatly changed in the intervening time, I suspect his involvement is mercenary and not philosophically aligned with Komanov’s radicalism.

While I assume you will pursue actions to obviate any disaster they intend, I entreat you first to prepare yourself that your best efforts may fail and that you might perish in undertaking your duty. Nevertheless, I wish you success.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License