Zg Session 41

Aleith|DM: -Spring 8, 500 AOV
It's been just over a week since the new year's festival filled the skies over Flint with fireworks, metaphorically driving away the meagre cold weather that passes for winter in Risur. Flowers are already blooming across the city, and despite the perpetual cycle of worker protests and police crack-downs, despite the gang violence, and despite the fringe eschatologists on street corners claiming that this is the last spring the world will ever know, the people of Flint are optimistic for the future.
The city is abuzz with talk of the peace summit. This morning the king arrived by ship from the capital city of Slate and took residence in Hotel Aurum, the newly-finished tallest building in the city. The party’s presence has been requested in the afternoon, once the king and his retinue have settled in.
It's nearly lunchtime when one of the secretaries knocks and steps in. "Constables, there's an ela-"
She's interrupted as the eladrin in question barges in past her, his face triggering memories back to Axis Island last year. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I'm here on an urgent mission for the Unseen Court." It's Asrabey Varal, emissary for the Unseen Court.
Zane looks up from his desk, where is sharpening a small, curved sword. The blade hisses as he drags it against a leather strop. "Huh. I was just thinking about you the other day."
Gerald: "Oh hey it's that guy with the flaming sword I shot!"
Gerald‘ waves from behind his desk.
Asrabey: "No hard feelings, I take it?"
Gerald: "Nope!
He nods. "I brought lunch."
Zane: "Nah, professional disagreement. Nothing personal about it. Curious about something though, if you’ll pardon some shop talk."
Chandrasekhar glances up- raises eyebrows, stands and bows elegantly. "None whatsoever. What brings you here, brother?"
Garrett‘ smiles. "At least you know how to make an entrance."
Ernst glances up and then immediately goes back to his paperwork.
Phyllis: "Not going to try and kill any more royalty, are we?"
Aleith|DM: He brings out a bag and starts pulling out a few items from it. Seems to be some sandwiches, a bowl of fruit salad, and a couple of bottles of wine. "The second one is for your…Chief Inspector, was it? I know I’m asking for resources of his, but I hope some feywine won't go amiss."
Asrabey: "Not of yours, Constable Lenz, and I can't kill mine."
Zane: "Not of ours, or not of ours… yet?"
Asrabey: "The Court demands it be known that one of their ilk has taken an interest in this city and is acting on his own. I am here to tell you that the Court does not approve."
Phyllis gives Chandra a side-eye glance.
Zane: "Huh."
Asrabey: "His name is Ekossigan, herald of the four seasons, he who defends stags fromarrows, widdershins prophet and liege of changelings. Upon leaving the Court he penned this poem:"
Asrabey: "When spring returns to winter, / The cauldron births a spark."
Asrabey: "The steel betrays the vintner, / The silver spurns the arc."
Asrabey: "The fire-bride’s dissension: / Dismissed by green-adorned."
Asrabey: "The wheel-woven dead man / Shall wake the cauldron-born."
Chandrasekhar snorts.
Asrabey: "I ask your leave to search this city for the rebel. Moreover I invoke the Rite of Kelland’s Tribute. We offer one war unfought in exchange for one season slain. The fey shall not retaliate if you kill that which the Unseen Court's greatest warrior cannot harm."
Aleith|DM: As Chandrasekhar or Phyllis could tell you, Asrabey, as an agent of the Unseen Court, is forbidden from harming Ekossigan himself, so he is requesting you help him murder a rogue fey.
Gerald‘ kind of glances around at everyone else in the room, that having gone entirely over his head.
Chandrasekhar: "This is why they keep me around, brother."
Garrett: "Interesting."
Chandrasekhar: "I had a feeling, although I couldn’t be sure."
Zane: "And he just happens to have fled here. Now."
Chandrasekhar: "Was he the hand moving the Duchess, out of mild curiosity?"
Chandrasekhar: "Or is -everyone- taking an interest in our lovely city?"
Gerald: "It's a pretty good city, seriel killers aside!"
Garrett: "The Risur chamber of commerce leaves that bit out of the brochures."
Gerald‘ snatches up one of those sandwiches and chows down.
Phyllis: "What exactly has he done, or does he plan to do?"
Aleith|DM: There’s a few different types: some with meat caught by the Great Hunt, some vegetarian ones, and illusory-egg-salad ones.
Phyllis: "What does 'a war unfought' consist of?"
Chandrasekhar: "It was awfully convenient of them to name it Cauldron Hill, wasn't it?"
Zane: (those last ones are for Phyllis, obv)
Garrett: "They won't invade because we killed one of them, whereas normally, they would."
Asrabey: "Exactly."
Garrett: "Not quite a letter of marque, but close enough."
Zane: "So basically… your Court is putting a hit on this guy."
Zane: "And you want us to close it."
Gerald: "That's a pretty good comp, I wonder what he did to piss 'em off so much."
Asrabey: "We're unsure of his plans. I plan on speaking seeking out what answers I can tomorrow."
Chandrasekhar: "Do we know what his plans are, aside from the cryptic poem? I assume Those That Be had something more to go on."
Asrabey: "Will you help me? I know you probably have other business to attend to, but I will bring this to the King if you will not."
Garrett: "To be clear… you fellows don't want him back in your house in irons- forgive the slang- but outright dead?"
Asrabey: "I may want to speak with him before he dies, but he is not going back home."
Zane looks like he just bit into something sour, despite not eating anything at the moment. "Lets not bother the King with this if we can help it."
Asrabey: "He has turned his back on us, and we will do the same."
Chandrasekhar: "If I'm right about… several things, ending him is in our interests as well."
Zane ponders. And then reaches out to take one of the sandwiches with meat from the Great Hunt. "Alright."
Garrett: "Forgive me if I sideeye the wine though, given the line about the vintner."
Asrabey: "That's why I brought two bottles."
Chandrasekhar is absolutely chowing down on a sandwich, yes. "Hey, Phyllis."
Phyllis: "What?"
Garrett‘ chuckles.
Chandrasekhar: "Wheel-woven dead man’s who I think it is, right?"
Chandrasekhar MIGHT just be taunting Asrabey.
Asrabey: "Very well. One last thing." He pulls a bottle-with holes in the lid-out of his bag and hands it over to Phyllis. "This is for you, at the request of Chandrasekhar. With our thanks for rescuing Ms. Isobel Travers last season." Inside is a small glowing humanoid with gossamer wings.
Zane pops the cork out of one wine bottle and has a sniff, then a small sip. "… S'clean."
Chandrasekhar smiles. "Thank you. …she's doing well, then?"
Phyllis: "… Not for lunch, I presume."
Zane: "That aint even a snack, much less a meal."
Asrabey: "Word is she's arrived at Elfaivar." To Phyllis, he just smiles slightly, shaking his head.
Gerald‘ leans over towards Garrett "(This doesn’t count as humanoid trafficking if I have no idea what the hell that is, right?)"
Chandrasekhar: "Good."
Ernst chuckles to himself.
Garrett: "(I don't reckon so. There might be something written about it in a trade treaty…?)"
Gerald: "What's with the probably-not-a-genie-in-a-bottle?"
Asrabey: "A muse spirit. A kind of familiar."
Gerald: "Huuh."
Gerald: "Oh."
Phyllis opens the bottle and lets her loose. "It's much appreciated. Do let me know how better I can uphold my pact."
Gerald: "Do we have like… a picture of the guy? That would be very helpful."
Chandrasekhar: "He's hard to miss."
Zane: "Other than the prophecy, what else have you got on the target? Friends, local contacts, any hobbies or interests?"
Chandrasekhar: "I suppose we can't just set up overly elaborate traps around Cauldron Hill and watch what happens."
Asrabey: "Ekossigan often appears as a slender male, draped in robes adorned with leaves, his face concealed by a wooden mask with empty eye sockets. His body itself is invisible like others in the Court."
Gerald: "I'm in favor of catchin' him before he gets on that stupid hill if we get a vote!"
Zane: "But its there, right? I won't be trying to get between the ribs and hit empty air?"
Phyllis: "Except on a full moon, if the stories about the Great Hunt are true."
He nods. "It's still there."
Zane grunts and keeps sharpening the shortsword.
Asrabey: "Ekossigan's nature changes with the seasons, and sometimes when an event really affects him, his change in mood will change the seasons, leading to freak snowstorms in summer or trees blossoming in the middle of winter."
Zane looks out the window. "… Yeah."
Asrabey: "As for Ekossigan’s combat abilities, he has shown little in the way of offence. He has great sway over true fey, though, so his minions may be a greater threat than he is."
Zane: "Do I need to leave you at home for this, Singh?"
Phyllis tilts her head at Chandra. "…I've never known him to be one that's easily swayed."
Asrabey: "Which reminds me…" He pulls out a small charm for Chandrasekhar: a ring with gear teeth on the inside, within wich a pair of other gears can spin. "This should help protect you from his influence.
Asrabey: "He's almost completely immune to divination as part of the Unseen Court. Like many fey, he can step from here to there without stepping in the space between, and around him arrows never hit what they're aimed at."
Chandrasekhar looks at it with active hostility and distaste, but nods, takes the ring, examines it gingerly. "…Thank you."
Zane scowls. "Noted."
Asrabey: "His skin is treebark, making him hard to harm." He then smiles-not a nice one-and the sword at his side gives off a few small flames. "But trees burn."
Zane: "I'm gonna hope that doesn't apply to bullets?"
Garrett: "I also take it no hard feelings about those under his charm, then."
Asrabey: "I can't say for sure about the bullets. The other fey…" He shrugs. "Do what you can."
Gerald: "Hrm."
Phyllis pauses, then looks incredibly dour. "I take it, much like other fey of his ilk, that he's not one to succumb to enchantments and illusions?"
Asrabey: "Many of them are hard to affect, but he may not stay affected for long."
Chandrasekhar: "Oh, come now. You've had practise."
Zane: "You're a wizard, just light him on fire for a change."
Asrabey: "If that is all, I request we meet up again here at dawn on the 10th. I should have more information by then. We can, as you say, compare notes?"
Garrett‘ looks between Chandrasekhar and Phyllis, smirks, grabs an egg sandwich.
Zane: "Yeah."
Phyllis looks at Zane with eyes that seem hollowed-out and grim, as if recalling some terrible memory. "Fire burns books." She isn’t taking the library's burning lightly, still.
Garrett: "Sounds like a plan."
Zane: "Burns lots of stuff. The use of a tool depends on the hand."
Gerald: "I like applying it to meat, personally."
Asrabey gives a short bow. "Farewell, constables."
Zane: "See you soon."
Garrett: "Be seeing you."
Phyllis: "But there is a … a permanence to it. Things that can't be undone. Illusions can always be dispelled and unmade again."
Chandrasekhar: "Walk in shade and peace, brother."
Zane leans back in his chair and puts his feet up on his desk. "Sometimes you just gotta commit, Phyllis."
Phyllis: "Hmph."
Aleith|DM: Lunch is put away except for whatever scraps you may have left by the time the secretary comes by again to let you know that the royal carriage is here to take you to Hotel Aurum.
Gerald‘ heads on out!
Garrett` boards.
Zane drops the short, curved blade into its sheathe on his waist as he stands up, tucking its longer counterpart through his belt. "OK." He straps a strange three-bladed throwing weapon into the small of his back. "Who wants to hear a good joke?"
Ernst: "Go for it."
Garrett: "Let’s have it."
Zane settles into the coach bench. "So two instructors, one from the Dyal Revolutionary Institute and one from the Jierrre Sciens d'Arms, meet at a crowded wayside inn. And being gentlemen of dire reputation, they decide to see who has the best skill with the sword. The patrons all clear away to give them space, and the Jierre instructor draws his blade."
Zane: "Like a flash of lighting he lashes out, and a passing fly falls to the ground, cut into /four/ pieces.
Zane: The crowd is amazed, they have never seen such a thing. The Jierre instructor sneers at the man from Seobriga, 'Lets see you top that, savage.' "
Zane: The other instructor nods, pauses, and his sword strike is so fast the naked eye can barely see it… and a passing fly zooms away in terror.
Zane: 'Hah! Is that the best you can do? Your swings are so clumsy and inaccurate you might as well be an ox,' the man from Danor boasts.
Zane: "'And you are so blind you might as well be a mole, you puffed-up, arrogant toad.' The instructor from Ber smiles. 'The fly lives… but it will never be a father.'"
Gerald: "Yow."
Chandrasekhar: "Pfffffffffffffft."
Aleith|DM: The royal carriage is quite large. The shutters are latched, and the driver, Hadsworth Hudgins helps you all inside. As he's getting ready to leave, he knocks on the side of the carriage. "Good one! Hadn't heard that one before."
Aleith|DM: The carriage starts moving, heading south down the broad thoroughfare.
Zane: "Thanks! Our future queen probably gonna make it illegal to tell."
Hadsworth: "Can't appreciate a good joke if she does."
Zane chuckles. "Yeah."
Gerald‘ opens mouth, closes mouth.
Aleith|DM: A few minutes later, you hear a few more taps on the side of the carriage, as Hadsworth says, "I think I see troub-" And then you hear a couple loud gunshots, followed closely by two more. There’s a thump to the left side, and then another thump hits the front of the carriage.
Ernst sighs.
Zane: "Well then."
Gerald: "…Still alive out there?"
Aleith|DM: The carriage starts moving faster, but you're not quite sure what's going on as the shutters are all still latched. A high-pitched whine of a drill fills the room.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 13:Zane | 12:Gerald | 10:Garrett | 9:Phyllis | 8:Chandrasekhar | 5:Ernst |
Ernst: "Seems we've been hijacked."
Gerald‘ pulls his shotgun out and aims it as the sound of the drill.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Phyllis | 20:Gerald | 19:Zane | 17:Garrett | 14:Ernst | 9:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Aleith|DM: The carriage feels like it’s mostly going straight, but there's an occasional bump as you're thrown about in your seats slightly.
Garrett‘ just tries to offhand sense spirits. -Are- they still alive out there?
Aleith|DM: Nope
Phyllis: Hadsworth could be, if she has anything to say about it. [Eschatologist]
Garrett: "To answer you Gerald, no, they aren’t."
Gerald: "Well, that sucks."
Aleith|DM: He's not on the driver's seat, at least.
Aleith|DM: Gerald? Zane?
[OOC] Phyllis: well that wasn't a standard
Aleith|DM: I know, but
Aleith|DM: there's a closed room right now
Gerald‘ pulls open the shutters -
Aleith|DM: There’s a couple of carriages filled with thugs behind you.
Phyllis readies a spell for when she's able to see outside and see an enemy. She's not much help in breaking something open, though.
Aleith|DM: They seem to be slowly gaining on you.
Ernst: "Kell, huh?"
Zane: "Oh my god, they killed Hadsworth! Those bastards!"
[OOC] Phyllis: Oh like that probably
Ernst: "How the hell did they even shoot him from that angle?"
Gerald‘ then fires a shot into a horse on two of the carriages. That’s going to make it hard to keep up.
Garrett: "They've got some serious balls. Time to give 'em the fly treatment."
Zane grins. "You bet."
Aleith|DM: There's a couple guys with muskets on the driver's seat of each carriage, one driving, the other aiming for another shot. There seems to be a couple riding in the carriage3s.
Ernst: "Aim for the drivers, yeah?"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Phyllis | 20:Gerald | 19:Zane | 17:Garrett | 14:Ernst | 9:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 24:Musketeer CD | 22:Phyllis | 22:Musketeer AB | 21:Rufus | 20:Gerald | 19:Zane | 19:Crow Swarm | 19:Technologist B | 19:Musketeer EF | 17:Garrett | 16:Technologist A | 14:Ernst | 13:Musketeer GH | 9:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Attack roll, Gerald?
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+14(1) and got 14 ( Total: 28 )
Also rolled 2#d20+14(2) and got 19 [Total: 33]
Also rolled 2#d20+14(1) and got 17 [Total: 31]
Phyllis conjures some [Grasping Shadows] between themselves and the carriages. [No attack because no one’s in the zone, but creates a zone. 5 damage and slowed upon entering it]
Also rolled 2#d20+14(2) and got 7 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 113
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Zane: "Gerald not the horses!"
Aleith|DM: (AC 13)
Gerald: "Yeah way too late for that."
Chandrasekhar: "So nice of them to come to us rather than making us go chasing after them."
Zane: "Yes that was a dismayed reaction not a battle suggestion."
Phyllis rolled d20+15 and got 3 ( Total: 18.0 ) for vs will against the horse that's in it
Gerald: "Can't really get a good shot on the fucking wheel spoke when we're moving like this though and about to be under fire ourselves."
Gerald: "Oh, okay."
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled d8+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18.0 )
Ernst scratches his head. "If those were stolen we're totally going to have to pay the owner reparation fees for this."
Aleith|DM: The right horse on the front carriage is [Bloodied! 18!]
Gerald‘ rolled 2d8+6 and got 8, 2 ( Total: 16 ) for one was my quarry if they have HP
d8+6: 2 [Total: 8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 24
Phyllis: And slowed UEoPNT!
Chandrasekhar: "And thus did the government in its wisdom grant us a contingency budget."
Aleith|DM: The musketeer driving that one seems to be having problems controlling the horses as they panic!
Phyllis: "So, uh."
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Phyllis: "Who’s driving?"
Ernst: "They don't even look that tough. Can't we just stop and blow them to pieces in thirty seconds and be on our way? Why the chase scene it just makes things harder to shoot."
Gerald: "If they didn't want their horses dead they shouldn't of let criminal elements steal them in order to ambush RHC officers!"
Aleith|DM: No one.
Zane: "I'm on it."
Aleith|DM: Your horses are mostly going straight, though they occasionally clip an obstacle.
Aleith|DM: Athletics check to climb out and onto the front seat, Zane
Zane rolled d20+14 and got 16 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM: You're good.
Aleith|DM: Takes a standard to control the horses.
Aleith|DM: They're currently sprinting right now (30 squares per round) but not quite at top speed since they're panicked.
Aleith|DM: (Which is 36/round)
Zane throws the door open and swings himself out with it, using the momentum to flip himself onto the drivers bench. He grabs the reins and does in fact start bringing things to a halt. "Pinche quey pendejos, who shoots a damned horse?!"
Phyllis: "Collateral damage, I swear."
Aleith|DM: Suddenly, a swarm of crows flies into the carriage after Zane opens the door. Dozens of scabrous crows, their eyes dull yellow and their beaks flecked with dried blood, surround and blind you as they claw at your flesh.
Gerald: "Wh -!"
Aleith|DM: They claw at Chandrasekhar.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 5 ( Total: 18 ) for Scrabbling Claws
Aleith|DM: Missing.
Gerald: "Voting for exploding everything, Ernst! Voting for exploding everything!"
Chandrasekhar: "What the shit-"
Aleith|DM: You're all blinded until the start of your next turn. (except Zane outside the carriage)
Ernst: "… if you insist, Gerald."
Aleith|DM: Musketeer E drives while F shoots at Ernst
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 7 ( Total: 18 ) for +2 from CA (Blind), -5 from Superior Cover
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Phyllis: "That's bothersome."
Phyllis: "Time to go wide."
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst tosses his disposable simulacrum outside of the carriage. He then readies an action using it when all 7 targets on the first carriage approach Stocke. The robots siren blares and quickly increases in intensity as it prepares to explode in a [Gale-Force(d) Infusion]. (Waiting for Delay 0)
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10 and got 5, 2 ( Total: 7 )
Aleith|DM: Stocke takes 7 damage as he rolls out the carriage and falls prone
[OOC] Ernst: I summoned him there he doesn't assemble until he hits the ground
[OOC] Ernst: Much like I can drop him 30 feet fine
Aleith|DM: Hmmm. I guess that's some semantics but sure
Aleith|DM: he's gonna be a bit behind you when things slow down next round but go for it
[OOC] Ernst: That's fine he'll have served his purpose. I think you have things to act after me though
Aleith|DM: You either ready an action as a standard and end your turn there, or wait until init 0 and do that btw
Aleith|DM: Readied, I guess?
Aleith|DM: Garrett???
[OOC] Ernst: He then readies an action
Garrett‘ swings wildly at the crows! [Piercing Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+13 and got 14 ( Total: 27 ) for vs Ref, yes I accounted for blind
Aleith|DM: wow
Aleith|DM: You hit.
Garrett` rolled 1d4+11 and got 2 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM: resist 10 melee
[OOC] Garrett: what
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 3!
Aleith|DM: It’s on the pog!
Garrett‘ flips up to the driver’s seat. [take your OA, AC is now 32]
Aleith|DM: This murder is already dead, but it attacks you as it climbs out. [OA, Scrabbling Claws]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 18 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM: …+2 from CA
[OOC] Phyllis: resist … 10 necrotic?
Aleith|DM: oh wait it's half melee damage
Aleith|DM: you do 6 not 3
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+5 and got 5, 6 ( Total: 16.0 )
Aleith|DM: 16 damage!
Garrett‘ * [Shielding Girdle - Daily Item] - +4 Power Bonus to AC
[OOC] Ernst: +9 THP
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Musketeers G and H shoot at Ernst and Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 18 ( Total: 29.0 )
d20+14: 11 [Total: 25.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 54.0, Avg: 14.50
Phyllis tilts her head and gets an idea.
Aleith|DM: 8 damage to Ernst!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Gerald` pops the shot at Ernst out of the air, inexplicably. [Defensive Volley] [-10DMG]
Chandrasekhar [Challenge]s the crows, ALL of them, and then… swings at the air? At the lead crow? Is there even a lead crow? Does it have a crown on its head? with a [Righteous Smite].
Ernst glances over his shoulder. "New trick?"
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+12 and got 12 ( Total: 24 ) for -5 from blind ugh vs. AC
Aleith|DM: hit!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: is it vuln radiant
Aleith|DM: Yes
Aleith|DM: vuln 5
Gerald: "I duno about ’new' but it's way harder… finally got the hang of kinda sorta nailing stuff in the air though."
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+13 and got 4, 5 ( Total: 22 ) for everyone gains 8 T.HP
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 16!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: radiant damage
[OOC] Phyllis: rip minions?
Aleith|DM: …yes.
Aleith|DM: The other carriages crash into the buildings at the side of the street as your cart slows to a stop.
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst snaps his fingers as Stocke explodes in a burst of energy. [Gale Force Infusion]
Ernst rolled 6#d20+14(1) and got 15 ( Total: 29.0 ) for Tech A, Tech B, Rufus, Horse x1 on left, Horsex2 on right | vs Reflex
Also rolled 6#d20+14(2) and got 7 [Total: 21.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+14(3) and got 2 [Total: 16.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+14(4) and got 11 [Total: 25.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+14(5) and got 2 [Total: 16.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+14(6) and got 13 [Total: 27.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 134.0, Avg: 8.33
Garrett: "Good job, weekend drivers," he comments, while blind.
Aleith|DM: You recognize Rufus Hammerton as one of Kell's lieutenants by the way.
[OOC] Ernst: Horses are being pushed 2 outward, each of the actual humans are being pushed 2 inwards
[OOC] Phyllis: Did he harangue us in the past?
Aleith|DM: Nope, but you recognize him from your files and the work you've been doing the past couple of months
Ernst rolled d10+8 and got 1 ( Total: 9.0 ) for damage
Aleith|DM: Hit, hit, miss, hits!
Phyllis: "That was impeccably well-timed and well-placed."
Phyllis: "I'm impressed."
[OOC] Ernst: I have no idea what the carriages look like but the horses got pushed 2 off the track
[OOC] Ernst: I imagine they'd swerve and topple
Aleith|DM: they're already up against the walls of buildings
Gerald: "I dunno what just happened on account of TOO MANY BIRDS but that sounded painful."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 24:Musketeer C | 22:Phyllis | 22:Musketeer A | 21:Rufus | 20:Gerald | 19:Zane | 19:Crow Swarm | 19:Technologist B | 17:Garrett | 16:Technologist A | 9:Chandrasekhar | 0:Ernst |
Ernst rolled d20+14 and got 10 ( Total: 24.0 ) for Ghoul
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Ernst pushes that shit away too.
Gerald: "Oh they there go."
Gerald: "Good job team."
Ernst: "You did well Stocke. I'll build mark IV later."
Aleith|DM: Musketeer C stumbles out of the carriage, then shoots at Ernst.
Chandrasekhar: "Ernst, I appreciate you."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 13 ( Total: 24 )
Gerald‘ [Disruptive Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 10 ( Total: 26 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 4 [Total: 20]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 46
[OOC] Ernst: That didn’t even hit me but OK lol
Aleith|DM: It didn't, no
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
[OOC] Gerald: oh whoops i was looking at your fort not your AC n/m that lol
Aleith|DM: Sure
Aleith|DM: Musketeer A is…now blinded.
Aleith|DM: Good job.
Aleith|DM: He fires blindly at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+4 and got 14 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: It goes wide.
Aleith|DM: Rufus steps out of the carriage and tosses a vial of Alchemist's Fire at Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 3 ( Total: 12 ) for vs Ref, +2 CA, -5 Superior Cover
Aleith|DM: It misses him but shatters inside the carriage! Gerald, Chandrasekhar, Ernst, and Phyllis take 5 fire damage each!
Gerald: "…? Okay."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis? Gerald?
Phyllis follows the sound of fleeing crows with a [Winged Horde] of illusory sprites! [Crows, Musketeer A]
Phyllis also conjures a [Mage Hand] around there.
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+17(1) and got 5 ( Total: 22.0 ) for vs Will
Also rolled 2#d20+17(2) and got 16 [Total: 33.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 55.0, Avg: 10.50
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Phyllis rolled d6+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16.0 ) for Vuln 5 for Area already included
Gerald‘ hops out and unloads into Rufus. [Quarry] [Two-Fanged Strike]
[OOC] Phyllis: Also the crow can’t make OAs UEoPNT
Gerald‘ rolled 4#d20+17(1) and got 7 ( Total: 24 ) for I GET MY PRIME BONUS FOR ONCE
Also rolled 4#d20+17(2) and got 8 [Total: 25]
Also rolled 4#d20+17(3) and got 7 [Total: 24]
Also rolled 4#d20+17(4) and got 14 [Total: 31]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 104
Gerald` rolled 3d8+11 and got 1, 2, 4 ( Total: 18 )
Also rolled 2d8+15 and got 5, 2 [Total: 22]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 40
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [16!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 40!] Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: oh wait not bloodied yet
Aleith|DM: He has more HP than I thought. Slightly.
Gerald: "I’d suggest dropping your weapon and surrending but I'm pretty okay with shooting you more."
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Ernst: "To be honest, after what we went through last season this was kind of an insult."
Zane pops up over the roof of the carriage with that weird three-pointed blade in his hand, and flings it at Rufus. [RBA]
Zane rolled d20+15 and got 12 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 2d6+7 and got 4, 2 ( Total: 13.0 ) for damage, furious assault, attack finesse
Also rolled 1d8 and got 7 [Total: 7 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 20.0, Avg: 4.33
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!] Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: I'm not sure he's gonna have time to surrender
Aleith|DM: The ghoulish crow swarm flies closer to Chandrasekhar and claws at him!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 10 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Ernst blasts that thing with a [Shocking Feedback]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 8 ( Total: 24.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 4 [Total: 20.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 44.0, Avg: 6.00
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+9 and got 6, 1 ( Total: 16.0 ) for Lightning damage
[OOC] Ernst: Chandra gains resist 5 Ueont
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 8!
Aleith|DM: The drill you guys heard by the way
Aleith|DM: released some sort of gas at the end of last round
Aleith|DM: I forgot
Aleith|DM: But it doesn't matter because it dispersed
Aleith|DM: since the doors were opened…..
Aleith|DM: Technologist B starts running.
Rufus: "…you lousy piece of scum!"
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Gerald: "I mean…"
Gerald: "Does it really surprise you that he's a lousy piece of scum… considering he works for you…?"
Chandrasekhar: "Daaamn."
Rufus: "And fuck you too!"
Garrett‘ heads up to Rufus and gives him a cut across the knees. [Minor - Low Slash]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+18 and got 13 ( Total: 31 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+11 and got 2 ( Total: 13 ) for slide 1, slowed UEoNT
Gerald: "I’m just sayin' you basically opperate a hive of villianry and scum, this shouldn't be something you're just now realizing!"
[OOC] Garrett: add 2 to that, gauntlets of blood
Garrett‘ continues the assault! [Sly Flourish]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!
Garrett` rolled 1d20+18 and got 17 ( Total: 35 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Garrett: 15 damage)
Garrett` rolled 1d4+17 and got 4 ( Total: 21 )
Chandrasekhar: "Well, yes, but I imagine they expect -loyal- villainry and scum."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: He’d probably say something, but he's down for the count, now.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 24:Musketeer C | 20:Gerald | 20:Phyllis | 19:Zane | 19:Crow Swarm | 19:Technologist B | 17:Garrett | 16:Technologist A | 9:Chandrasekhar | 0:Ernst |
Ernst: "Get rid of those bats and let's go."
Aleith|DM: Technologist A also makes a run for it!
Aleith|DM: Chandra?
Ernst: "Crows? I don't even."
Gerald: "Pretty sure it's crows. … Was crows."
Phyllis: "Still crows!" She swats one away from her.
Gerald: "They look kinda deadish but -"
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: fuck
Aleith|DM: YOu're blind again
Aleith|DM: but the crows are, like, right there
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: What the ass is still alive, the crows?
[OOC] Ernst: Yeah
Chandrasekhar punch crow with sword real good, then.
Aleith|DM: Sure.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM: The swarm flies around your blade as you swing it blindly!
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Chandrasekhar hit the wrong crow :(
[OOC] Ernst: Is it a standard to pick someone up I can't remember
Aleith|DM: Someone? Probably.
Ernst shoots the crow ending the fight. [Magic Weapon]
Aleith|DM: Minor for a small item
Ernst rolled 2#d20+17(1) and got 14 ( Total: 31.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+17(2) and got 9 [Total: 26.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 57.0, Avg: 11.50
[OOC] Phyllis: Well I mean
Ernst rolled d8+9 and got 5 ( Total: 14.0 ) for +2 to hit +3 dmg for Stocke/Gerald/Chandra
[OOC] Phyllis: There's still two schlubs running away, but
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 24:Musketeer C | 20:Gerald | 20:Phyllis | 19:Zane | 19:Technologist B | 17:Garrett | 16:Technologist A | 9:Chandrasekhar | 0:Ernst |
Gerald: "Hmm."
[OOC] Phyllis: also a minion
Aleith|DM: Musketeer C takes a step back and shoots at Garrett!
Ernst: "Alright. Grab the asshole bleeding on the ground and let's go."
Gerald: "Hey you guys are running away out of terror and are gunna tell Kell how completely and utterly you got fucked up righ -"
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 19 ( Total: 33 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 8!
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ actual [disruptive shot] right here
[OOC] Garrett: doesn’t even break my THP
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+18(1) and got 10 ( Total: 28 )
Also rolled 2#d20+18(2) and got 6 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 52
Aleith|DM: Okay sure, [KO!]
Garrett` glares as the minion dares scratch him.
[OOC] Gerald: that’s ok it's the principle of the matter
Garrett: "Now you're gonna make me run."
Aleith|DM: Gerald, Phyllis, Zane?
Phyllis: "Should we not apprehend the others, too?"
Gerald: "- Anyway I was saying - you guys a re fleeinng in terror and are going to tell Kell how badly you guys got shit beat in under a minute, RIGHT?!" Gerald levels his gun in the direction of one of the Technologist.
Aleith|DM: He looks back, eyes wide, and nods frantically as he nearly trips.
Zane calmly changes to his shortbow and puts an arrow in the ass of technologist A. [RBA]
Aleith|DM: You should really look where you're going.
Gerald: "Okay then get the hell out of here." Gerald shrugs, glancing over at Phyllis. "Don't have a carriage anymore. Rather start walkin' now before we get too late for His Highness, and we already got enough luggage to carry as is."
Gerald‘ kicks Rufus lightly with a boot.
[OOC] Zane: I thought I stopped the carriage at the end of the turn? nevermind that then!
Aleith|DM: It did stop, yes.
Phyllis: "Fair point. Do you need any assitance with the heavier items?" Tenser’s Disc, if necessary.
Aleith|DM: You still have a carriage and two injured horses.
Phyllis: Or that!
Gerald‘ thought most of the horses got wrecked by the damage fields and robot but hey if there’s still two good ones…
Aleith|DM: no, the Guild's horses are also injured.
Phyllis: "Ernst, how - how familiar are you with, um."
Phyllis: "Can you fill in for a vet?"
Zane goes to tend the horses. "Baaaaah. Pinche pendejo hijo de malo putas…"
Ernst: "… not my expertise, but I should be able to."
Zane rolled d20+5 and got 17 ( Total: 22 )
Gerald: "I understood two of those words! I'm learning."
Aleith|DM: They're a sturdy pair. Some basic treatment and they'll be fine until someone professional can look at them at the hotel.
Ernst just spends his two healing infusions for the encounter on the horses. Not like the party was injured >.>
Phyllis: How's Hadsworth doing?
Aleith|DM: As you're packing up, a couple of police carriages pull up. "What's the trouble-err, constables?"
Aleith|DM: You don't see him-oh. That's probably his body a few hundred feet back on the street.
Garrett‘ jerks a thumb to Rufus. "Joyriding."
Chandrasekhar: "Kell’s gang decided it would be nice to pay us a visit. They were, uh, incorrect."
Gerald: "Kell thought two carriages of thugs was going to last more than a minute for some reason. Can you take 'em? We got an appointment with the King."
Police: "Do you need an escort? We can call a few guys down here to document this."
Phyllis goes down the street a bit to see if he somehow managed to survive that tumble. What a terrible way to go if he didn't…
Aleith|DM: Seems like he's barely hanging on. The bullet wound's frozen over.
Ernst: "We should be fine. Just bring all these guys back to the station."
Aleith|DM: A couple of the police salute you. "Will do. Be careful out there."
Phyllis waves Ernst over. Distantly, he probably hears a muffled "oy!"
Ernst makes his way over to Phyllis. "To be frank, I'm amazed you spotted him that far out."
Ernst rolled d20+12 and got 18 ( Total: 30.0 ) for Heal
Phyllis: "He had to have gone somewhere."
Aleith|DM: He looks like he'll be able to hold out for the police to get someone to look after him longterm.
Aleith|DM: Thanks to a bit of work from you and Phyllis.
Aleith|DM: Heading on to the Hotel then?
[OOC] Gerald: yup
Phyllis: Yup.
Garrett‘ climbs up to the driver’s seat. "Gerald, mind riding shotgun?"
Gerald: "Huh?"
Gerald: "Oh, I get it!"
Chandrasekhar: "I get it."
Gerald‘ climbs up.
Aleith|DM: The rest of your trip is uneventful.
Aleith|DM: Construction began only a year ago on the extravagant Hotel Aurum. Conceived by a genius halfling, the hotel is actually two separate buildings connected skywalks at the third, seventh, and eleventh floors. The distinction was meant to allow segregation of different classes, with one building being made for the “everyman” while the other side would cater to nobles.
Aleith|DM: Early in the construction, the hotel was chosen as the site for the peace talks, and the interiors were furnished to the exact specifications of the Danoran and Risuri delegations, with each side taking ownership of a separate side of the two-building hotel. The Risuri delegation resides in the less opulent “west building,” while the Danorans have been given occupancy of the “east building.” In order to better preserve the nature of the peace talks, the Danoran east building has been designated as a temporary consulate, and counts as Danoran sovereign soil for purposes of the peace talks.
Aleith|DM: Police watch the streets in a one-block perimeter around the building. The nearest subrail stop, Darvill Station is just outside the perimeter, but the station has a constant security presence as well.
Aleith|DM: The entrances of both towers of the hotel are guarded by agents of their respective nations, with Danoran musketeers and pikemen guarding the east, while Risuri soldiers stand watch with sword and wand at the west.
Aleith|DM: Mages preparing defenses for the peace summit noticed an oddity: just as a ring of gold will block teleportation, the hotel’s very name seems to have the same function. It is impossible to teleport into or out of the building, or between the two towers, though teleportation within a single building works normally.
Aleith|DM: Delft meets you at the Risuri entrance as the guards wave you inside. "…did something happen? You look a bit roughed up."
Gerald: "…That is a really weird factoid, Phyllis." Because obviously she was the one that mentioned it.
Zane: "Speedbump."
Garrett: "Kell hit squad- you know, the usual."
Delft: "What?!"
Gerald` counts on his hands.
Zane jerks his head at Garrett. "Shot the coachman, shot the damn horses."
Phyllis is still grinning widely at a sign displaying the hotel’s name. "Indeed, Gerald."
Gerald: "Eight grunts, four trained gunmen… and… uh, I think that was Rufus Hammersomething?"
Phyllis: "I wonder what else one could infer from this 'weird factoid'?"
Garrett: "Rufus is taking a nap inside a police cell right now, yeah."
Chandrasekhar: "Didn't end well for Kell's gang. Curious as to how they knew exactly where we'd be."
Delft: "How did they even know-" He frowns. "Hammerton? We're going to have to talk to him later. I'll send someone over."
Ernst: "Was their goal just to make us late? There's no way they'd send that many people and actually expect to win."
Chandrasekhar nods to Delft. He gets it!
Gerald: "Oh right and the undead crow swarm, that was super random." Gerald makes a shrugging motion towards Phyllis
Delft: "Alright. We'll cover it later." He waves you over to the lift-it's a pretty new thing, and a bit better-designed then the one you saw in Macbannin's lab.
Aleith|DM: There's even an operator in a dapper uniform.
Phyllis: "They're in league with our shadowy friends, yes?"
Phyllis: "And we no longer have wards against scrying spells."
Chandrasekhar: "So it would seem."
Delft: "Seems to be. We'll be discussing them with His Majesty. Try to be on your best behaviour." He grins. "I'm sure you'll make a damned fine impression though. Dust yourselves off a bit while we ascend."
Garrett: "He loves us, regardless of how much he doesn't know it."
Gerald‘ takes off his rifle and jacket, slams the jacket against the wall of the elevator a few times, then puts both back on.
Garrett` straightens his clothes, wipes the blood off the daggers.
Delft: "The Coaltongue was enough for that, honestly."
Ernst: "Yeah. That boat I totally saved."
Gerald: "I’ll try not to swear!" Dead serious.
Chandrasekhar -always- looks impressive.
Phyllis takes the lift's duration to cast Fastidiousness on herself, just to be sure.
Garrett: "You swear not to swear?"
Gerald: "Hee."
Zane adjusts his cloak with one hand and brushes the other down over its front. //Garrote, check. Throwing daggers, check. Bag of ungol dust, check.//
Aleith|DM: An aide meets you at the lift and leads you and Delft over to a conference room off the main court chamber, which has been furnished with a large meeting table, several charis, and a map of the city on an easel. Officiates tend to King Aodhan, but when he sees you, he dismisses everyone else except for Delft and Principal Minister Harkover Lee.
Aleith|DM: The king comes up and shakes each of your hands. "It's good to see you again, constables. I heard about your trouble on the way over, and what happened to Hadsworth, your driver."
Phyllis: "I only pray he's alright. He shouldn't suffer just because we were targetted."
Zane: "He should be fine. Otherwise someones getting strung up by the guts. Good to see you again, Your Majesty."
Gerald‘ gives a firm handshake, probably surprised at how much of a grip the King still has though.
Aleith|DM: It’s pretty firm for a man his age.
Aodhan: "That's good to here. I'm still thankful about the Coaltongue. You probably saved the lives of everyone aboard stopping that sabotage. And I've heard you've been pretty busy since then."
Chandrasekhar shakes the king's hand, looking into his eyes. (He always makes eye contact; most people get weirded out.)
Aleith|DM: He maintains eye contact during the handshake.
Garrett‘ talks to Gerald mentally. o O (Shit, I hope he hasn’t heard -too- much…)
Chandrasekhar is impressed.
Phyllis: A strand of hair curls out in the stress that 'pretty busy since then' calls to mind; Fastidiousness straightens the strand out again.
Zane: "Oh, well, we don't get paid to loaf around. It was nice getting to go home for a little bit, though."
Garrett: "All in a life's work, your majesty." \
Gerald‘ . o O (I forget, do we have any dirt on that other guy or can I just start running my mouth now that the room’s clear?)
Garrett‘ . o O (Not sure, play it cool.)
Aodhan: "I wish I could give this more time, but I’ve got a hundred other things to do before tomorrow, so let us get on to business."
Aodhan: "I’m not trying to make you feel important by saying this, but I’m about to give you probably the most important mission I’ve had to send anyone on in my whole reign. The woman I’m supposed to be marrying might be trying to destroy my kingdom, and apparently there are people who want to make sure we don’t find out what she’s up to. We have five days until she gets here."
Aodhan: "Harkover?"
Ernst simply nods. He hasn’t said much of anything.
Minister Lee gestures at Inspector Delft. Delft hands the party a small folder of documents.
Garrett: "You don't say."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: It's a briefing. It's all pretty much stuff you know. I'll posted it up afterwards.
Chandrasekhar allows one eyebrow to carefully, gracefully rise.
Zane: "I'll be damned." And he flicks a gold coin at Singh.
Gerald: "Oh. Yeah we knew about that. Delft told me I couldn't shoot her when she was trying to disembark from her boat."
Phyllis: "What, pray tell, is the mission you have in mind?"
Ernst: "If we do well in the next five days that may change."
Chandrasekhar grabs the coin out of the air and smiles.
Minister Lee says, "Despite a variety of encounters with the Obscurati, we only have a sense of their actions, not their goal, nor the organization or extent of the group. We don’t know who they are, but we do know where they are."
Lee: "The Ob maintain some manner of industrial complex in the Bleak Gate, in a location analogous to Cauldron Hill in this world. They have the ability to pass between the two worlds with relative ease. We do not have the same ability."
Lee: "When you have time, review the material in these folders." Minister Lee grimaces at Inspector Delft. "Please ignore Inspector Delft's 'wit'—the official titles he’s given to certain entries. Their inclusion will make sense in a moment." Inspector Delft smiles in reply.
Phyllis: "More than two, given what we've experienced."
Zane: "We've been ignoring Delft's wit for years, Minister. It's a reflex at this point."
Garrett: "Sometimes, a pseudonym is neccessary…"
Chandrasekhar is looking forward to this.
Lee: "The key points are:" He ticks off a finger, "the Obscurati, also known the Ob, are operating secrectly and have caused harm to Risur, so we have to asume they're hostile."
Lee: "Lorcan Kell's guild worked with them to attack the RHC headquarters."
Lee: "The Ob have shown the ability to slip into the Bleak Gate via rusted ring gates."
Lee: "And at least one powerful individual working with the Ob is unaccounted for-the Steelshaper you encountered at the Nettles church."
Phyllis: "Among other means than just the gates."
Lee: "That Wayfarer's Lantern, yes? A remarkable invention."
Garrett‘ nods, grimly.
Gerald: "Oh, he was with Ob? That makes things makes sense in retrospect."
Phyllis nods. "I’d like to keep more planes than just the Bleak Gate in mind, at least. Though we lack evidence about similar industrial scale actions elsewhere, but they only recently gained access to such planes…"
Phyllis: "I - yes, how many times to I have to mention this to you?"
Phyllis: "The robes, the light-shattering forms of attack?"
Gerald: "Uh…"
King Aodhan starts speaking again. "Certain aspects of my office can’t be discussed. But being king means that you’re ‘connected’ to every man and woman in this country. Their approval grants power. There are rules, old old rules, there to prevent folks like me from abusing the power the people grant them."
Aodhan: "Being king also means you’re ‘connected’ to the land. I feel whenever someone enters or leaves the country. If I focus, I can even forbid entry or cast someone out."
Aodhan: "This conspiracy, they’re in the Bleak Gate. If they were in the Dreaming, this would be easy. I could head up an army and march into the Dreaming at the drop of a hat. It wouldn’t make the Unseen Court happy, but I could do it. But the Bleak Gate is harder. I’ve never been there in my entire life, and they say kings have no power there, because no one rules the dead."
Aodhan: "So here’s what I need from you. This group has a way into the Bleak Gate, and I want you to find it, use it, and drag those bastards into the light of day. And I need you to do it before my fiancée gets here."
Gerald: "…Probably about six now? He's pretty forgettable."
Garrett‘ . o O (So much for using them as an excuse to stall the peace talks.) To the PCs.
Chandrasekhar grins coldly. "We’ve been looking forward to this, sir."
Phyllis: "Quite so."
Gerald: "Hmm."
Delft: "Our best lead at this point is Lorcan Kell. His thugs attacked us using one of those ring gates in Autumn, and I hear they were using some high-tech equipment when they attacked you? They're clearly taking orders from the Ob."
Delft: "Our first step, then, is to capture and interrogate Lorcan Kell and use that information to get into the Bleak Gate."
Chandrasekhar: "Conveniently, they've given us a grudge just now."
Gerald: "Not that I don't believe in our, uh, team's ability to get shit done. But. We have some kind of plan for you to get out of the wedding if it takes a little longer than five days, right..?"
Garrett‘ can’t help but let a small grin crawl across his face.
Zane runs a hand over his head, pointlessly brushing back his short-cropped hair. "On the one hand, the fact that you already know takes a load off my mind. On the other hand… actually no, this is about what I was expecting anyway, job-wise. I'm good. Lorcan Kell is a dea- uh, done deal."
Delft breaks into a broad grin. " It took a while to press this through all the bureaucracy to get this arranged, but I'm proud to announce we've formed a task force to take down Kell's guild."
Garrett: "Then we'll be more than glad to spearhead the effort."
Delft: "You'll have 50 police officers at your disposal, and you might be able to get some other officers to help out or convince some to work overtime."
Phyllis: "Have we considered the, um. The vacuum this might leave for the Family afterwards?"
Zane: "I might have a solution for that. Uh. To be discussed later."
Lee: "We have. It's not optimal, but we need Kell's guild gone. We'll have to sort out the reprecussions that will cause. At the very least, small gang warfare throughout half the city for weeks, if not months. Likely large-scale."
Phyllis inhales slowly, eyebrows furrowed, obviously not pleased at that prospect.
Chandrasekhar: "Keep the industrial workers happy, listen to some of their demands and do what you can, and they'll keep the city from boiling over."
Delft: "We've got Sergeant Deb Macon waiting in a nearby office. She'll be helping you coordinate your forces and deploy them over the next few days. We'll spend some time kicking around a plan just down the hall, then come back and brief the king on the details later. We'll start the task force in the morning. With luck, we'll find Kell before he knows what hit him."
Lee: "Taking Kell alive is the optimal endpoint. If you have no choice but to kill him, Constable Woodson can ask him a few things, but if need be I can arrange for a powerful cleric from Crisillyir to be teleport in to pull up the dead thug's soul and question it."
Garrett: "Overtime for all. I'll keep cleanin' the streets no matter what comes up."
Phyllis: "Put to sleep and bound." There's a dangerous glint to her eye.
Lee: "A less likely option is to contact Hana 'Gale' Soliogn. She's officially a terrorist, but you've had contact with her in the past, and she claims to have been guided to the Bleak Gate by a fey named Ellik in your report. It said she claimed the trip required unique circumstances, but it's possible Gale or Ellik could help out."
Chandrasekhar: "Hmm. Interesting."
Garrett‘ chuckles a little. "Yeah, I bet he wouldn’t be happy to see me again. I just hope he's not in -too- deep with the Ob, as they… tend to find ways to die under captivity."
Zane nods. "Gale seems like a good starting point."
Phyllis: "I was actually going to suggest her. I recalled that detail."
Gerald: "Uuugh I don't want to ask Gale for help instead of shoot her again."
Phyllis: "Are we looking for any entry into the Gate, or the exact method that the Ob was using?"
Lee: "It'd be good to know their exact method, but if we can arrange transport and raid their facility another way, that's fine."
Phyllis: "… Did we enter the gate on Cauldron Hill? What exactly happened that night?"
Chandrasekhar: "…out of curiosity, do we have any idea -what- they're constructing?"
Gerald: "I wanna say, Stocke, but bigger."
Gerald: "And more guns."
Zane: "Skinned-alive panthers, golems that run on souls… probably some other stuff that didnt leave as much of an impression."
Aodhan shakes his head. "I wish we did. The materials that you found indicate something large, but we can't tell just from the materials if it's some new weapon, a vehicle, or what exactly."
Ernst scratches his cheek. "Bigger, huh…? We talking collossus sized or?"
Gerald: "At least as tall as a building."
Lee: "If it's a ship, it could be at least as large as the Coaltongue."
Chandrasekhar: "Mmm. At least."
Phyllis: "Given the pipes we saw in Bannin's manor? Massive scale transport of planar-attuned oil to fuel a lighthouse-scaled version of the Wayfarer's Lantern."
Phyllis: "That's my guess, at least."
Lee: "A distinct possibility."
Delft taps his chin. "Now that I think about it, Constable Carlao found that wrecked automaton that seemed suspicious…"
Phyllis: "Kill everyone except the chosen few in their new world order by sending them all to Nem or something."
Gerald‘ nods to Delft.
Aodhan: "Lee, get someone to look at that machine."
Lee: "I’ll get Mr. Rollins to check on it."
Phyllis: "Axis Island had … some things of note. I seem to recall some kind of golem that we left alone at the time."
Phyllis: "Didn't seem pertinent to our mission about Ethys, then."
Aodhan: "Unfortunately, that's officially Danoran territory. Anything we send over there might be seen as an act of war at the moment. Especially after what happened with my sister."
Phyllis: "Consider it a note if we ever get the opportunity in the future and still need leads on this possibility."
Gerald: "I'll try and keep acts of war to a minimum!"
Chandrasekhar: "We're trying to avoid the sort of situation that would give us leave to set foot there, yes."
Garrett: "I'm more of a city guy, myself, so."
Aodhan: "Worst case scenario, there's a new moon at midnight on the 14th. I should be able to open a brief portal to the Bleak Gate. It'll only be a few hours after we've started talking to the Jierres, however. But if you can't find another way in, I still want you to go after the Obscurati, so I'll send you through."
Chandrasekhar: "We won't let it come to that, sir."
Phyllis: "Curious. I thought the new moon is what Gale's method involved, but we should at least find out."
Phyllis: "But noted."
Aodhan: "Alright. Any last questions? I still have some menial elements of the peace summit to deal with." He sighs. "Otherwise, we can talk later once you've figured out what you're doing with the task force."
Chandrasekhar: "Stay safe, sir."
Aodhan: "You as well. Just remember, you have my full backing on this mission."
Garrett: "That should be good for now. Thank you for all your support, your majesty."
Gerald‘ salutes.
Phyllis likewise salutes. "Sir."
Zane salutes. "Your Majesty."
Delft leads you from the room after saluting the King and nodding to the Minister.
Aleith|DM: After he leads you into the room and introduces Seargent Macon, he excuses himself, saying he has to check on another set of constables who should be meeting the Ambassador from Ber, who will be the peace summit’s mediator…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License