Zg Session 32

AveryCoast: Winter 13, 500 AOV. After an interesting night wandering the streets of Orithea, the sole stronghold against the wild magicks of the Malice Lands, you're heading back to board the train again this morning, set to depart at 7:30 AM sharp for Trekhom, capital of Drakr, tonight.
Hilda flips through a lengthy tome during breakfast. It's been too long.
Jack‘ is there unusually early- an hour before departure, and heads right for the dining car.
Ananth: "Mmm. Let’s never go back there, shall we?"
ChefBatali is there, of course. Doesn't look like he beat Jack by much though. He hasn't even had time to hide all the knives around his station before getting the actual food set up.
Jeremy: "Steamboat all the way back might be faster…"
Jack‘ approaches the chefside bar. "Morning, Chef, I was wondering if you had a moment and any leftovers. Just want to mock-up a dish I had last night for later consumption during the ride."
ChefBatali: "Never too busy for a customer of discerning taste. Unfortunately all the leftovers get tossed, but if you can give me a description I might be able to make some magic."
Hilda: "Hoy, wait ’til we're out of the malice lands for any of that."
ChefBatali laughs. "Just an expression, I promise."
Stocke is just reading a book. Nothing to see here.
Jack: "Sure." He reaches for a sugar jar- presumably set aside for coffee when it's ready and brewed. "It's some fancy dish- kind of sweet, not quite a crepe, had some red drizzle on it." He picks up some sugar and sprinkles it across a folded newspaper that he produces from under his arm. "Maybe some fruit in it? It kind of seemed like a long pastry that had banana and strawberry just -bursting-
Jack: forth from inside. "
Jack‘ works his fingers about the paper some more… the sugar spells out ’BOONE.'
Jack: "Hopefully we've got the ingredients just on-hand before the next stop."
ChefBatali sees the article and the message and blanches slightly. "Hm. Doesn't ring a bell, but I'll work on it. Might be a recipe I haven't looked up in a while."
ChefBatali gets Jack the first cup of coffee from the pot.
Jack‘ unceremoniously wipes the sugar away with a finger and gives it a lick.
Ananth: "Sounds like… quite a recipe."
Jack: "To die for."
Jack` takes a seat, and has that coffee
ChefBatali: "I hope the next stop is a little more refined. I heard some vagrant was hassling a couple of our passengers at the market. By the time I was done ingredient shopping the excitement had passed."
Hilda: "A shame. If I weren’t in my study contemplating philosophy, I might have been able to do something about it."
ChefBatali: "Yeah, I felt bad. Those two ladies were just minding their own business."
ChefBatali rubs his wrist for a second and starts dicing peppers.
AveryCoast: Eventually, 7:30 rolls around and the train begins to depart. First-class passengers remain the same, and no new notable 2nd-class passengers board the train.
AveryCoast: Malia soon stops by your car after they depart, asking if you all want to participate in the safari again.
Jeremy: "Hmm…"
Jack: "I reckon so." He finishes off a cake donut and heads topside.
Jeremy: "Not like there's anything else to do."
ChefBatali: "I might pop up to watch, but I've never been much for guns."
Hilda: "I'll pass, this time. Spectating once was enough, and I have some reading to do."
Malia shrugs in Mr. Batali's direction. "Up to you if you want to take a peak. It's more for the guests, of course."
Ananth: "Mmm…" He should probably follow Jeremy, so.
ChefBatali: "Of course. I'll make sure my station is ready for the evening meal before I step away."
AveryCoast: Well, it's not even 8 yet, so I assume you're also ready for lunch, but sure.
ChefBatali is a breakfast-making machine, and knocks out his lunch mize in the process. He's pretty good at this!
AveryCoast: Aside from Phyllis, the same people are up there as before: Malia, several guards, Damata and his son Tarro, Bree, Boone, and Cardiff.
AveryCoast: Cardiff's briefcase is tied around his ankle again as he sets up his rifle.
ChefBatali is no kind of pickpocket so he's not gonna fuck with that briefcase. Mostly he wants to see who actually knows how to use guns.
Jeremy‘ doesn’t seem quiet as enthusiastic about the whole thing today. Though he is paying a little more attention to the creatures actually being shot at least.
AveryCoast: The train's going fairly slowly again as it heads generally East from Orithea
Jack: "Hmm, hmm~"
Jack: "What sort of weird besties show up today~"
[OOC] Jack: *beasties
[OOC] ChefBatali: "Why Jack I didnt think we were that close…"
Jack: "We have another cider tap, right…?"
AveryCoast: You sure do.
AveryCoast: Different brand that they picked up last night.
Jack‘ nods in approval and waits for some twisty-horned creature to come loping into view.
Jeremy: "Wouldn’t be much a hunt if the people with guns weren't drinking, now."
AveryCoast: Beasts of all sorts come out to check out the train as it roars past with irregularity.
AveryCoast: Most keep their distance, but every several minutes, one or more of them approach the train or even charge it, each different from the last.
ChefBatali shakes his head. "Part of me is curious about the meat, most of me thinks that is a terrible idea."
AveryCoast: Some of them seem to even be made of pure elemental energy, so yes, some of them would be a terrible idea.
Ananth: "Mmm. Preparing it would be…a unique challenge."
Hilda heads back to her own quarters for a bit, fighting the temptation to conjure up a Mage Hand in privacy.
Jack‘ takes aim at any big ones that start getting too fresh with the train. Hits more than misses, 70/30 split?
AveryCoast: Boone probably averages about the same, the best of the others.
AveryCoast: Bree’s probably closer to 60%, Cardiff probably half/half?
AveryCoast: Damata and his son are…below that.
Jeremy: "Some of this stuff out here is pretty crazy though. Guess magic being broken really does a number on the local fauna?"
Ananth: "The chaos has to go -somewhere-. Things are possible here that aren't possible anywhere else."
ChefBatali: "There's an entire wing of the Ber library devoted to the effects of the Malice Lands."
Damata: "The flora as well. We've probably passed through more ecosystems here than I've been to previously."
Jack: "It's made for a pretty striking trip, if I do say so."
Jeremy: "That's kind of interesting, I guess."
Boone: "Makes putting these things down harder too. A good shot to the head doesn't always take something down."
Jeremy: "Oh man do you reckon there's like, giant sentient killer plants or something too?"
ChefBatali hangs out for a little bit, checks a sip of the cider to make sure its acceptable, and heads back to his station. People gotta eat!
Bree grunts. "Probably haven't seen them only because they can't move to the train."
Jeremy: "Haha."
AveryCoast: It's a bit over an hour later, as you're passing through a fog-filled swampy region, when all of a sudden the train lurches and its brakes begin to screech.
AveryCoast: Chandra, Gerald, Garrett, make Acrobatics checks to avoid falling off.
Hilda fights off the urge to play with fire in a land where it's a really bad idea, instead turning her mind to … unconventional forms of manipulation. Magic, to her, is a tool - one she's relied on too heavily. It can fade, it can die, and it can fail her. There must exist something beyond her immediate grasp. Something she's had her suspicions of for a while now. Funny that she
Hilda never paid it serious thought until she was forced to seek an alternative, however temporary that arrangement might be.
Jack‘ rolled 1d20+15 and got 2 ( Total: 17 )
AveryCoast: I didn’t even need to ask you to roll….
AveryCoast: Apparently. DC 14.
Jeremy‘ doesn’t need to roll either then lol.
Jack‘ doesn’t spill a drop.
AveryCoast: Teak?
[OOC] Hilda: "I DIDN'T DO IT"
Ananth‘ yelps!
Ananth` rolled 1d20+1 and got 12 ( Total: 13 )
[OOC] Jack: are you wearing your armor >_>
[OOC] Jack: shit he might be
[OOC] Ananth: armor but not shield but I guess maybe not armor??? idk
ChefBatali makes a very undignified noise and is fortunate he didnt open up his hand on some cutlery. Still, this is bad. Very very bad.
[OOC] Jack: not shield works!!
Hilda starts to experiment by flipping a coin - but then the train lurches. Of course.
AveryCoast: Teak did you make DC 14 or not?
[OOC] Ananth: Without armor or shield, yes
AveryCoast: okay sure
AveryCoast: The train screeches to a stop, and just as it does so, a deafening chorus of roars sounds from the fog.
AveryCoast: Ernst, you see a gargantuan shape emerge from the fog, several necks dozens of feet long tipped with mouths.
Jack: "I think we made it mad."
AveryCoast: It is, sadly enough, right in front of your car.
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 22:Bandit Captain | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 19:Phyllis | 18:Screaming Malice | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D | 10:Malice Spawn I-M |
Jeremy: "Suddenly real glad I’m up here with my gun and not down there without it now, ha."
AveryCoast: Gerald, Garrett, Zane, Chandra?
AveryCoast: There's 8 cars between you and the beast.
AveryCoast: about 90 squares distant.
ChefBatali: "Ladies, gentlemen, I'm afraid your next drinks will have to wait. Otherwise these might be your last drinks. Dining station is temporarily closed…" And with a rattle of knives Zane is bolting out of the car and onto the roof for cleaner running lines.
Jack: "Whoa!"
AveryCoast: You can probably climb up to the roof of car 18, left side, by the end of your turn.
AveryCoast: Malia and Tarro let loose screams as they see the beast.
Jeremy: "Hmm. That is way too far to run." Jeremy Takes Aim at the giant ass beast in the distance. (Exteme Range Available), before marking it as his [Quarry].
AveryCoast: Quarry doesn't have a range, right? Yeah sure it's the closest thing.
AveryCoast: The heads count as the same creature.
AveryCoast: But each gets separate conditions, just so you know.
Jack: "So glad I bought this thing!"
AveryCoast: Garrett, Chandra?
Jack‘ double-Runs down the car roofs to get close.r
Jeremy` doesn’t take his eye off the rifle or scope, but does open his mouth in the direction fo Damata and his son. "Ya'll might wanna get inside by the way, that thing bumps into the train and it's gunna be real hard to keep your footing."
AveryCoast: Several mounted figures ride in towards the front of the train. There's some movement at the front of the train.
Jack: "…monsters come in all shapes in the Malice Lands, it seems."
Jeremy: "Bandits?"
Jack: "Either that or they slept in at the last stop and just happened to catch up to the train."
Jeremy: "Haha, and here I was supposed to stay outa trouble by goin' on this trip!"
AveryCoast: Phyllis?
Hilda grabs her tome and orb and double-moves outside her quarters. Or at least, the closest place she can find roof access.
[OOC] Hilda: you might have to point out where that is on the map for me though
AveryCoast: In between cars.
[OOC] Hilda: How many squares to climb up?
AveryCoast: opening doors between cars takes a minor action but you can take it during your move action
AveryCoast: 2 squares
[OOC] Hilda: with a square to spare, even with dwarf speed
Ananth runs across the roof of the train, hopping to the next car.
AveryCoast: The various heads of the malice beast continues screeching, except one.
AveryCoast: It plows through the window on car 10. Passengers scream.
AveryCoast: Ernst!
Stocke pulls out his shotgun before firing a blast at the Malice Head. [Warweavers Tether - Black npc as target]
Stocke rolled 2#d20+14(1) and got 17 ( Total: 31.0 ) for AC
Also rolled 2#d20+14(2) and got 12 [Total: 26.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
AveryCoast: racist
Total: 57.0, Avg: 14.50
AveryCoast: Hits!
Stocke rolled 4d8+7 and got 5, 5, 3, 7 ( Total: 27.0 )
Stocke then phases beside the ally and drops Stocke down.
[OOC] AveryCoast: 27!
AveryCoast: Alright you guys are terrible. The Allied Passenger pulls out a cane-sword and stabs the head. [Short Sword]
AveryCoast rolled d20+10 and got 17 ( Total: 27 )
AveryCoast: Hitting for [6!] and marking it.
AveryCoast: The guards on the roof are dumbfounded. Cardiff detaches the briefcase from his ankle, looks like he's about to attach it to his wrist, then looks torn as he leaves it there.
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 22:Bandit Captain | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 19:Phyllis | 18:Screaming Malice | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D |
AveryCoast: Round 2!
AveryCoast: Gerald, Garrett, Zane, Chandra!
Jeremy‘ lets off a [Biting Volley]!
Hilda: "So who the hell’s keeping an eye on the crazed entrail killer over in the back in the midst of this chaos?"
Jeremy‘ rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 13 ( Total: 25 ) for vs ref
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 11 [Total: 23]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 48
Jack` keeps running! [Double Run]
AveryCoast: …is that with -4?
AveryCoast: Hits regardless
[OOC] Jeremy: yes actually
ChefBatali continues pounding feet over the roof of the cars. "Passengers please remain inside your cabins for your own safety!" [Double Run]
AveryCoast: wow your to-hit is higher than I remembered.
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in 2#1d10r2+11
AveryCoast: //It’s !sugar

AveryCoast: Highwind didn't do fancy things like that I don't think.
AveryCoast rolled 2#1d10r2+11(1): (2, 10) [Total: 21.0 (High), Avg and got 10.00
Also rolled 2#1d10r2+11(2) and got 7 [Total: 18.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
d8: 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 43.0, Avg: 7.00
AveryCoast: Targetting a head or the body?
Anath keeps running! [Double Run]
[OOC] AveryCoast: 43!
AveryCoast: That's…all four. Okay.
AveryCoast: The bandits dismount and start firing at the guards, while they return fire, though heavily outmatched.
AveryCoast: Phyllis?
Hilda double-moves, keeping her lead. However brief and rare of an occurrence that might be. (Given, you know, her stubby dwarf legs.)
AveryCoast: That's okay, Chandra moves just as fast as you in his armour anyway.
Hilda: Also, with a puff of lavendar smoke, she transforms her appearance into Luc Jierre. [Disguise Self]
AveryCoast: ….okay then.
AveryCoast: The screaming malice head in car 10 splits…into 4 small Malice Spawn.
AveryCoast: Ernst?
AveryCoast: The beast shuffles down the train.
AveryCoast: Malia yells for the other guards to go help, and says she'll make sure the first class passengers are safe.
AveryCoast: She climbs down into the lounge car.
Stocke books it down the train towards the engine room.
AveryCoast: Bree and Boone share a glance, Bree nodding downwards.
AveryCoast: Cardiff starts grabbing some of the dropped rifles.
AveryCoast: The allied passenger stabs the nearby head.
AveryCoast rolled d20+10 and got 11 ( Total: 21 )
AveryCoast: but just misses.
AveryCoast: He then takes a step back.
AveryCoast: One of the guards at the front, and one of the bandits drop each.
AveryCoast: Round 3!
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 22:Bandit Captain | 21:Malice Spawn A-D | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 19:Phyllis | 18:Screaming Malice | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D |
AveryCoast: Yes there's a new init marker for the malice spawns.
AveryCoast: Gerald, Garrett, Zane, Chandra?
Jack‘ keeps running! [Double Run]
ChefBatali continues hauling ass. [Double Run]
Jeremy` concentrates a bit before filling the creature with lead. [AP] [Two-Fanged Strike] [Twin Strike]
Jeremy` rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 8 ( Total: 24 )
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 12 [Total: 28]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 52
Jeremy` rolled 2#d20+113(1) and got 17 ( Total: 130 )
Also rolled 2#d20+113(2) and got 17 [Total: 130]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 260
AveryCoast: Hits all around!
Ananth keeps running! [Double Run]
Jeremy` rolled 2#d10r2+11(1) and got 5 ( Total: 16.0 )
Also rolled 2#d10r2+11(2) and got 8 [Total: 19.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 2d10r2+12 and got 9, 5 [Total: 26.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
d8+4: 1 [Total: 5.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 66.0, Avg: 5.60
[OOC] AveryCoast: 66!] damage total!
AveryCoast: The bandits and guards continue trading shots.
AveryCoast: Phyllis?
Hilda: "You know. You guys have this, right? Especially Jeremy."
Jack: "I paid 300 gold to hunt big game."
Jack: "So… yeah!"
Jack: "But I think the dining car is closed…?"
Hilda: "I was curious about that pastry you described earlier. Do you think it’ll be alright if it's left alone?"
Jack‘ looks to ’Luc', looks to the giant hydra, looks back.
AveryCoast: Boone hops over to car 18.
AveryCoast: Bree climbs down inside car 18.
AveryCoast: Cardiff grabs the other couple of rifles on the roof.
Jack: "Dessert is kind of a secondary concern at the moment."
Hilda: "Still. I smell something amiss."
AveryCoast: The guards cautiously start making their way forward.
Jack: "I won't fault anyone if they want to see if they left the burner on."
ChefBatali looks back. "… Shit! Jierre!"
AveryCoast: Cardiff moves with them.
Jack: "So, yeah, do what you gotta do."
AveryCoast: Damata and his son head back down and towards their car
AveryCoast: Shouting warning to his family all the while
Hilda hops back down and heads back, briefly hopping in car 16.
AveryCoast: The malice spawn eat two of the passengers.
AveryCoast: The screaming malice swims some more. Now in front of Car 11, another head dives inside, crashing throw a window. The first head grows back.
AveryCoast: Ernst?
Stocke hops out of the train and keeps moving along.
AveryCoast: Another guard and another bandit fall.
AveryCoast: The passenger tries stabbing the spawn again.
AveryCoast rolled d20+10 and got 13 ( Total: 23 )
[OOC] AveryCoast: KO!
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 22:Bandit Captain | 21:Malice Spawn A-D | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 19:Phyllis | 18:Screaming Malice | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D |
Jeremy‘ lets off around round of [Twin Shot] because lol ranger is already out of tricks.
AveryCoast: Passengers start fleeing towards the back of the train from 2nd class.
AveryCoast: Round 4!
Jeremy` rolled 2#d10+12(1) and got 5 ( Total: 17 )
Also rolled 2#d10+12(2) and got 8 [Total: 20]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 37
AveryCoast: 1 hit!
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in d10r2+6
Jeremy` rolled d10r2+6 and got 5 ( Total: 11.0 )
d8: 8 [Total: 8 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 19.0, Avg: 6.50
[OOC] AveryCoast: 19!
AveryCoast: //Garrett, Zane, Chandra?

ChefBatali checks himself, skids across the roof of the train, and whirls in an about-face before heading back torwards the tail cars. "Handle this, I’ve got a bad feeling." as be blows past Jack.
Ananth‘ runs… towards the horrible monster??? maybe he’s not an ordinary country effete chanter after all.
Jack‘ keeps running past the retreating Chef without a word. [Double Run]
AveryCoast: Bandits and guards continue their shooting.
AveryCoast: Malice Spawn C goes after the Allied Passenger!
AveryCoast rolled d20+13 and got 11 ( Total: 24 )
AveryCoast: And he falls :(
AveryCoast: (8 dmg btw)
AveryCoast: One other passenger dies.
AveryCoast: Phyllis?
Hilda bursts through car 17 and into car 18 in a full-on [Run] and [Double Move]. Of course, she’s disguised as Luc at the moment. But he's still behind closed doors, so as far as the other passengers that see her know: They see a Luc Jierre, panting and out of breath. "Ottavia! Is she safe? Do you know?"
AveryCoast: Bree knocks heavily on the door to Luc and Ottavia's suite. "Are you alright in there?!"
AveryCoast: Inside you hear Luc reply, "we're fine!"
AveryCoast: She looks at 'Luc', then back at the door, then back again. "Who the hell are you?" she growls.
Rein|Phone: lol
Hilda looks at the door, flabbergasted. "Who the hell is -he-?" [Bluff]?
[OOC] AveryCoast: Shane….
AveryCoast: Boone takes up position on the roof between cars 17 and 18, a pistol in hand, watching both ways
[OOC] ChefBatali: Spirits!!
AveryCoast: Cardiff and the guards advance, while Damata and Tarro brush past the two of you in a hurry.
AveryCoast: Roll it, Phyllis.
Hilda rolled d20+14 and got 7 ( Total: 21.0 ) for +9 from stats and gear, +5 inherently from [Disguise Self], and enemies within 10 squares take -2 to their Insight checks
AveryCoast: Another malice head splits into four malice spawn.
AveryCoast: Bree looks very confused.
AveryCoast: The screaming malice continues moving down the train.
AveryCoast: Ernst?
Stocke continues to move along.
AveryCoast: A third bandit and guard fall.
AveryCoast: Round 5!
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 23:Malice Spawn E-H | 22:Bandit Captain | 21:Malice Spawn A-D | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 19:Phyllis | 18:Screaming Malice | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D |
AveryCoast: Gerald, Garrett, Zane, Chandra?
[OOC] Jeremy: Twin Shot
Jeremy‘ rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 15 ( Total: 27 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 6 [Total: 18]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 45
AveryCoast: 1 hit!
Jeremy` rolled d10r2+6 and got 4 ( Total: 10.0 )
d8: 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 13.0, Avg: 3.50
[OOC] AveryCoast: 13!
Hilda quietly stares at the door, then back to Bree. "I’ve gotten a funny feeling from some of the other passengers here. Haven't you? Have you had the feeling you're being watched?"
Jack‘ stands his ground and takes a shot at the head closest to him! [RBA]
Jack` rolled 1d20+11 and got 5 ( Total: 16 )
ChefBatali keeps sprinting towards the back of the train. Boone’s got a really good opportunity to take a shot, if he feels inclined. [Double Run]
Jack: "(Yeah, not sure this is gonna work.)" [Reload]
AveryCoast: Miss!
Ananth keeps advancing, probably gonna duck into the next car on his next turn. [double run]
AveryCoast: Boone's got his pistol vaguely aimed in your direction, though still pointing downwards. He's prepared though. [Readied Action]
Jack‘ -actually- uses his move action to shuffle forward and down.
AveryCoast: The bandits and the guard captain trade more shots.
AveryCoast: The screaming malice swims forward and shoves another head into Car 12. A head regenerates.
AveryCoast: 4 more passengers die.
Jeremy: "Boone! Why you just standin’ there?! Lost your nerve like that sissy cook?!"
Boone: "I don't answer to you, pisswad. Screw off!"
Jeremy: "Soon as I'm done killing the giant ass fucking monster trying to eat us all, I will get right on that!"
AveryCoast: Ernst?
Stocke moves along.
Stocke likely grumbles about trains being entirely too fucking long.
[OOC] Hilda: I don't get an action?
AveryCoast: Hilda?
AveryCoast: The guards and Cardiff move forward another half-car
AveryCoast: you're all really spaced out anyway.
Hilda jerks 'his' head at the door. "Well?" Orb-in-hand, they're ready to hit Bree with a [Sleep] if she acts with hostility. [Readied Action]
AveryCoast: Damata and Tarro head into their room and lock the door behind them.
AveryCoast: Bree moves towards you, reaching to grab your collar-just above your head, physically, I guess…?
AveryCoast: Sleep or let her grab 'you'?
Hilda: Close enough.
AveryCoast: It's her turn so it's not like she can OA you anyway.
Hilda rolled d20+13 and got 8 ( Total: 21.0 ) for vs Will
AveryCoast: Hit!
[OOC] Hilda: Orb of Imposition] [Orb of Mental Dominion] - -2 to saves, reroll and take lower. Slowed (save ends), First Failed Saving Throw: Unconscious (save ends)
Dicebot:// Modifier Error: Unable to parse -2 in 2#d20-2
Hilda: "Bad move, friend."
AveryCoast rolled 2#d20-2(1) and got 12 ( Total: 10.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20-2(2) and got 7 [Total: 5.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 15.0, Avg: 9.50
AveryCoast: //She falls unconcious.

AveryCoast: The guard captain takes out one more bandit before falling himself.
AveryCoast: Round 6!
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 23:Malice Spawn E-H | 22:Bandit Captain | 21:Malice Spawn A-D | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 18:Screaming Malice | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D | 11:Phyllis |
AveryCoast: Gerald, Garrett, Zane, Chandra!
AveryCoast: The conductor and engineer surrender.
Jeremy‘ continues to [Twin Shot] the Hydra, while reaching out with his foot and pulling the briefcase closer to himself and checking to see if it’s locked.
Jeremy‘ rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 6 ( Total: 18 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 15 [Total: 27]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 45
Jeremy` rolled d10r2+6 and got 6 ( Total: 12.0 )
d8: 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 15.0, Avg: 4.50
[OOC] Ananth: can I charge the big ass fucking hydra head that’s currently harshing some passengers' mellow in car 12 from where I am
AveryCoast: Yep.
AveryCoast: 1 hit again! [15!]
Ananth‘ does that, then! [Charge] [Divine Challenge]
Ananth` rolled d20+11 and got 13 ( Total: 24 ) for vs AC
Ananth` rolled d8+6 and got 4 ( Total: 10 ) for Radiant, inflicts vuln 3 radiant, +2 to saving throws and defenses until the start of my next turn
[OOC] AveryCoast: 10!
Jack` stands in front of the door to the next car, smoothes down his clothes, straightens his hair, sniffs, loosens up. With a word- "(-stabbers-)" his magic dagger appears in his right hand as a different one slides out of his other sleeve. He bursts into the next car and heads right for the head, stabbing it! [Clever Strike]
Jack` rolled 1d20+18 and got 15 ( Total: 33 ) for vs AC
Jack` rolled 1d4+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14 )
Also rolled 2d8 and got 2, 4 [Total: 6]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 20
AveryCoast: geez your to-hit is also high
[OOC] AveryCoast: 20!
AveryCoast: 2 more passengers die in car 11
AveryCoast: The bandit captain remounts his steed, then points in the vague direction of Stocke, saying something indiscernable at this distance.
AveryCoast: And another passenger dies in car 10
AveryCoast: The Screaming Malice heads slightly closer to Car 11 as another head bursts in the other window on the other side of Chandrasekhar.
AveryCoast: The first head’s mouth stretches open mere feet from your face, then roars. This close, the wispy shadows of the monster’s head appear full of hallucinatory detail and textures. You’re so entranced you only realize afterward that its shriek caused blood to burst from your ears.
AveryCoast rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 4 ( Total: 15 ) for vs Fort, Chandra, Garrett, CLose Burst 1, Shriek
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 5 [Total: 16]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 31
AveryCoast: You shrug it off.
AveryCoast: The passengers nearby don't.
AveryCoast: 4 more die.
Ananth‘ tilts his head to the side, briefly, noting the experience. -and then gritting his teeth, as the beast takes down more innocents.
AveryCoast: Ernst?
AveryCoast: And Phyllis.
Hilda looks down at Bree’s fallen form, pondering what the best course of action is now. She hadn't thought this far ahead. She could be after Luc or Ottavia, or the ambiguously lesbian duo in the other quarters. Bree and Bonne moved together, with coordination, and he seemed to stop on the closer end of the car, so … actually, let's rifle through her pockets first and see if there's
Hilda any hint as to what she and Boone were up to. [Whatever Action That Is]
Stocke activates his [Repulsion Armor] and keeps moving.
AveryCoast: Well, I mean, Boone's still on the roof, keeping a wary eye out.
AveryCoast: The bandits move to revive their fallen fellows. [Band of Bandits]
AveryCoast: Looks like Bree's full name is Brianne Kaldeckis
AveryCoast: As shows on her passport. She's Danoran.
AveryCoast: Her ticket's good all the way to Vendricce.
AveryCoast: Round 7!
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 23:Malice Spawn E-H | 22:Bandit Captain | 21:Malice Spawn A-D | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 18:Screaming Malice | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D | 11:Phyllis |
Hilda dispels her disguise and knocks on Elanor's door first. "I don't mean to alarm you, but there's a gunman on the roof who I fear might be taking advantage of the situation."
Jeremy‘ attempts to open the brief case!
AveryCoast: It’s locked.
Jeremy‘ making a shrugging, ’take it or leave it' motion towards Zane before letting off another [Twin Shot]
Jeremy‘ rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 14 [Total: 26]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 42
AveryCoast: Boone raises an eyebrow in your direction, but otherwise ignores you.
AveryCoast: 1 hit!
Jeremy` rolled d10r2+6 and got 4 ( Total: 10.0 )
d8: 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 14.0, Avg: 4.00
[OOC] Hilda: Would he hear me from on the roof?
[OOC] AveryCoast: 14!
Jeremy: "This thing is eating a lot of bullets, it’s getting boring. Aren't you curious?" He offers to Boone.
AveryCoast: It's muffled, but kinda. Good point.
Boone: "Shut up! I'm just keeping an eye out in case it gets back here. Taking its sweet time, though."
Jeremy: "You aren't very friendly without a woman on your arm, are ya? You looked like you wanted to ask! Sheesh."
AveryCoast: Well, I mean, it might have been to you, it might have been to Hilda, you're not quite sure.
AveryCoast: Probably a good thing he didn't see you cast that Sleep spell though.
Jeremy‘ probably can’t hear hit from within the other car and assumed Boone was reacting to him at least, yeah.
Jack‘ shifts over one of the seats [shift]
Jack` stabs at the adjacent head! [Sly Flourish]
Jack` rolled 1d20+18 and got 3 ( Total: 21 ) for vs AC
AveryCoast: Hit!
Jack` rolled 1d4+14 and got 4 ( Total: 18 )
Also rolled 2d8 and got 7, 8 [Total: 15]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 33
[OOC] AveryCoast: 33!
AveryCoast: Zane, Chandra!
Hilda pokes her head out of the window so she doesn’t come out so muffled. "If you're looking for a signal from your accomplice, you're not getting one."
Boone: "…the fuck you talking about."
ChefBatali shrugs at Jeremy and slides off the edge of the train before ducking into the car and heading for Luc Jierre's door and knocking. "Mister Jierre, its the chef. I have a couple of jobs to do, so I need you to answer me a quick question to see which one is more important. Do you know the gentleman calling himself Boone or the lady calling herself Bree. If they are another part of your
ChefBatali security detail, I would like to go work on killing this monster. "
Luc: "Um…."
Hilda: "Chef."
AveryCoast: I'd say you'd hear muffled whispers but, uh. Sign language…?
AveryCoast: You can see some vague hand movements through the fogged glass.
AveryCoast: Chandrasekhar!
ChefBatali nods politely at Hilda. "Ma'am. I'm going to trust in your discretion as regards this conversation. I am a very busy man. Prince Jierre, I swear on my life I'm not here to hurt you, but a lot of people are dying up front so sign faster please."
Hilda jerks her head to Bree's fallen form on the floor. "She tried to strangle me. Did what I had to do."
Ananth‘ meditates on the principles of [Virtue] and then whirls his blade in a shining circle! [Valorous Smite]
Ananth` rolled d20+10 and got 8 ( Total: 18 ) for vs. AC targeting… the… weakened one? Why don’t they have HP bars.
AveryCoast: because they share one
[OOC] Ananth: Sugarlips you bitch.
AveryCoast: Miss!
[OOC] Jack: we're flanking!
[OOC] Jack: maybe! :D
AveryCoast: no you're not
[OOC] Jack: oh well then.
[OOC] Ananth: can I use divine challenge instead of virtue still >_> or is it minor->standard
AveryCoast: minor move standard are any order
AveryCoast: and challenge stays as long as you're adjacent and/or attack it
[OOC] Ananth: does challenging one head challenge them all or would I have to also challene the one next to me
[OOC] Jack: that should be like… +14?
AveryCoast: Teak you hit, it should be +14
[OOC] Ananth: oh. okay then
AveryCoast: The heads have separate conditions
AveryCoast: but the same HP pool
AveryCoast: not confusing at all, right?
Ananth‘ rolled 2d8+6 and got 5, 5 ( Total: 16 ) for anyways that damage, plus also, both of them are hit with Sanction
[OOC] AveryCoast: 16!
AveryCoast: 3 more passengers die.
AveryCoast: The bandits remount
AveryCoast: Both malice heads split into malice spawns
AveryCoast: Ernst? Phyllis?
Hilda: "Do you really need his permission for some reason, chef?"
ChefBatali: "Well, I’d feel really stupid if I ran off to fight a monster and didn't kill his potential attackers. Likewise pretty stupid if I killed another part of his security detail."
ChefBatali: "So some clarity is in order."
[OOC] Hilda: Oh coup de graces don't need to be melee, I just need to be adjacent.
Stocke strolls forward before pulling out his carbine. He takes aim and fires at the Bandit Leader. [Burning Weapons] Stocke follows up with a [Magic Weapon - AP]
Stocke rolled d20+15 and got 1 ( Total: 16.0 ) for Burning weapons
[OOC] Stocke: Plz
AveryCoast: I'm sad that's a weapon attack and not implement
Stocke rolled d20+15 and got 4 ( Total: 19.0 ) for Magic Weapon
AveryCoast: Miss!
[OOC] Stocke: … heroic
AveryCoast: okay, hit
Stocke rolled d8r2+11 and got 3 ( Total: 14.0 )
Hilda: "Alright. Well, if you don't mind, I'm just making sure this one doesn't wake up anytime soon. I only attacked her in self-defense." [Illusory Ambush Coup de Grace]
[OOC] AveryCoast: 14!
Hilda rolled d20+15 and got 16 ( Total: 31.0 ) for vs. Will
Hilda rolled 2d6+19 and got 5, 6 ( Total: 30.0 )
[OOC] Hilda: Is that over half her HP?
Stocke quick draws to his shotgun as a free action also now that I think about it.
AveryCoast: No
[OOC] Hilda: AP->Another Illusory Ambush
Hilda rolled d20+15 and got 12 ( Total: 27.0 ) for vs. Will
Hilda rolled 2d6+19 and got 3, 5 ( Total: 27.0 )
AveryCoast: okay now she's bloodied
AveryCoast: not one hit though so you don't outright knock her out or kill her.
AveryCoast rolled 2#d20(1) and got 12 ( Total: 12 )
Also rolled 2#d20(2) and got 8 [Total: 8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 20
AveryCoast: She's still asleep though.
AveryCoast: Round 8!
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 23:Malice Spawn E-H | 22:Bandit Captain | 22:Malice Spawn N-Q | 21:Malice Spawn A-D | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 18:Screaming Malice | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D | 11:Phyllis | 11:Bree | 10:Malice Spawn I-M |
AveryCoast: Gerald, Garret, Zane, Chandra!
Jeremy‘ keep on shootin’ hydra.
Jeremy‘ rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 6 ( Total: 18 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 12 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 42
Jeremy` rolled d10r2+6 and got 4 ( Total: 10.0 )
AveryCoast: 1 hit!
d8: 8 [Total: 8 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 18.0, Avg: 6.00
[OOC] AveryCoast: 18!
AveryCoast: Garret, Zane, Chandra!
AveryCoast: oh right
AveryCoast: all the spawn are affected with your sanction
AveryCoast: I’m gonna be nice and say that, Teak.
ChefBatali watches Hilda with a raised eyebrow. "I admire and respect your zeal."
AveryCoast: <_<
Ananth‘ slams his sword against something solid and shimmering that isn’t quite there, and a peal of thunder rings out!
Ananth‘ rolled d20+11 and got 20 ( Total: 31 ) for I think my to-hit is right now, vs. Fort [Astral Thunder]
[OOC] Ananth: er shit I probably have to roll for all of them lol
AveryCoast: You should yes
Ananth` rolled 7#d20+11(1) and got 10 ( Total: 21 ) for whoops
[OOC] Jack: idk I think that’s good…?
Also rolled 7#d20+11(2) and got 16 [Total: 27]
Also rolled 7#d20+11(3) and got 10 [Total: 21]
Also rolled 7#d20+11(4) and got 19 [Total: 30]
Also rolled 7#d20+11(5) and got 16 [Total: 27]
Also rolled 7#d20+11(6) and got 15 [Total: 26]
Also rolled 7#d20+11(7) and got 10 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 173
AveryCoast: That, uh.
AveryCoast: That'll do just fine.
AveryCoast: This was not the best of ideas
[OOC] Ananth: http://tarupanic.wikispaces.com/file/view/big+dick+dps.png/541728590/big%20dick%20dps.png
AveryCoast: The screaming malice rears its heads back and screams in pain! [136! Bloodied]
Yamobot: AveryCoast rolled 17*8 -> {136}
AveryCoast: Thanks Sugar
Ananth‘ then divine challenges the screaming malice itself since it’s technically in range.
[OOC] AveryCoast: Immune to Conditions
[OOC] Ananth: suck my entire dick, screaming malice
AveryCoast: Truly Gargantuan
Hilda: "She'll be fine. I'm more worried about the one up top."
Luc: "…yes. They're with us."
Luc: "Please keep it quiet. Today's tip will be…generous."
ChefBatali: "Well, once I know if he's on payroll, that'll be settled one way or an- Thank you, your highness. And I do apologize for the inconvenience. Now if you'll excuse me, theres a very scary monster I need to have words with."
AveryCoast: Throw some stuttering in there.
ChefBatali takes off like a shot. Again.
Jack‘ weaves around the seats and charges into the next car! [Move] [Charge]
Jack` rolled 1d20+17 and got 18 ( Total: 35 )
[OOC] AveryCoast: KO!] [17!
Jack: "Come get some, uglies! I’ll not die today!"
ChefBatali winds up back on top of the cars, headed towards the monster.
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 23:Malice Spawn E-H | 22:Bandit Captain | 21:Malice Spawn A-D | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 18:Screaming Malice | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D | 11:Phyllis | 11:Bree |
AveryCoast: The bandit captain rides up, sending a Chaos Blast at Ernst!
AveryCoast rolled d20+13 and got 2 ( Total: 15 ) for vs Ref
Stocke fires off a blast from his shotgun at the Malice Bandit Captain. "Wrong move. Do you really think you can interrupt my reading and get away with it? I'll be making a civilian arrest." [Shocking Feedback - Immediate Interrupt]
Hilda drops her implements out of horror at what she's done. " - oh hell. Um."
Stocke rolled 2#d20+17(1) and got 18 ( Total: 35.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+17(2) and got 8 [Total: 25.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 60.0, Avg: 13.00
Hilda: "I've made some very mistaken assumptions."
AveryCoast: Hits!
Stocke rolled 3d8+15 and got 1, 4, 3 ( Total: 23.0 )
[OOC] AveryCoast: 23, Bloodied!
[OOC] Stocke: Ernst gains resist all 5
AveryCoast: Ah right the rear half of the bandits stand nearby, keeping guard.
AveryCoast: The screaming malice starts…swimming away!
[OOC] AveryCoast: Double Move
Jeremy: "What."
AveryCoast: Ernst?
Stocke continues moving forward before firing another shot at the bandit leader. [Magic Weapon]
Jeremy: "I wanted to eat weird ass malice monster meat for dinner!"
Stocke rolled 2#d20+17(1) and got 5 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+17(2) and got 10 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
AveryCoast: Well, I mean, it's starting to look a little…wispy?
Total: 49.0, Avg: 7.50
AveryCoast: Hits!
Stocke rolled 2d8+15 and got 8, 2 ( Total: 25.0 )
[OOC] AveryCoast: 25!
Bandit Captain: "Gods be damned. Drop this fella, boys!" He coughs up some blood.
AveryCoast: Bandits A-D ride up and shoot at Ernst!
AveryCoast rolled 4#d20+15(1) and got 13 ( Total: 28 )
Also rolled 4#d20+15(2) and got 20 [Total: 35]
Also rolled 4#d20+15(3) and got 6 [Total: 21]
Also rolled 4#d20+15(4) and got 19 [Total: 34]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 118
Stocke snaps his fingers before a barrier appears around him. [Energy Conversion - Resist all 8 | Interrupt]
AveryCoast: well, take, uh
AveryCoast: 2 x 3 damage for 6…?
Stocke takes 6 damage off his 7 THP, then shimmers and gets 13 THP
AveryCoast: okay you take 2 + 8 + 8
AveryCoast: so 18 total
AveryCoast: Phyllis!
Hilda picks her orb up again. "(… okay, I'm just going to finish this up and we're going to pretend this never happened.)" [Illusory Ambush Coup de Grace in a vain effort to keep this incident silent oh gosh oh gosh]
Hilda rolled d20+15 and got 17 ( Total: 32.0 ) for vs will
Hilda rolled 2d6+19 and got 2, 2 ( Total: 23.0 )
AveryCoast rolled 2#d20(1) and got 18 ( Total: 18 )
Also rolled 2#d20(2) and got 1 [Total: 1 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 19, Avg: 9.50
AveryCoast: still asleep
AveryCoast: You're lucky
AveryCoast: Round 9!
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 23:Malice Spawn E-H | 22:Bandit Captain | 21:Malice Spawn A-D | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 18:Screaming Malice | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D | 11:Phyllis | 11:Bree |
AveryCoast: oh right uh
AveryCoast: the malice spawn start slithering away
AveryCoast: Gerald, Garrett, Zane, Chandra!
Jeremy‘ shifts his focus further down the train…. to the guy Ernst is dancing with. [Twin Shot]
Jeremy` rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 7 ( Total: 19 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 9 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 40
Jeremy` rolled d10r2+6 and got 4 ( Total: 10.0 )
Hilda: "(My mind’s going. I convinced myself of some … delusional story. The last time this happened, it was at the university with that … frog. I spoke to it for weeks, trying to find its secrets.)"
AveryCoast: Out of range
AveryCoast: 170 squares
ChefBatali [Double Run]s down the train. If the monter is leaving that just puts the bandits to settle up with and then back to business as usual.
[OOC] Jeremy: my max range is 400!
AveryCoast: You're taking the superior weapon training feat for muskets?
AveryCoast: 200 but yeah okay he drops
[OOC] Jeremy: i said that when you mentioned it yeah
AveryCoast: Making sure.
AveryCoast: I thought you were using a carbine this entire time lol
Stocke glances to his side before giving a thumbs up. He can see it in the scope. Probably.
AveryCoast: that's actually no-scope
AveryCoast: just iron sights, baby
[OOC] Stocke: Stop with the aimbot :(
[OOC] Hilda: we're all rangers now
Jack‘ hustles down the cars to check on the rest of the passengers.
AveryCoast: Chandra!
Stocke glances at the other bandits before smiling. "Leave your leader and start running and I’ll let you live."
[OOC] Ananth: uhhh can I even do anything at this juncture
AveryCoast: you can start using lay on hands to heal passengers I guess
AveryCoast: how many uses do you have?
[OOC] Jack: oh shit good point
AveryCoast: You can save that many people before they pass away
Jack‘ heads to the downed secret agent. "C’mon, there's at least one survivor, right?" [AP] [Majestic Word]
AveryCoast: Allied Passenger will actually wake up automatically after a short rest….
Ananth‘ does in fact do that! He can save THREE passengers, which is not as many passengers as he’d like to be able to save, but he's a vekeshi mystic, not a skyseer, so here we are.
[OOC] Jack: oh then I'll save a random woman or child
[OOC] Jack: b/c I'm sexist and/or ageist
AveryCoast: Or if you succeed at a DC 12 heal check as a standard action while adjacent
AveryCoast: Okay sure
[OOC] Hilda: Eschatologist] to save one, too.
AveryCoast: you're not exactly close but…sure why not
[OOC] ChefBatali: Been making coffee the whole time doot doot not even a stain on my chef coat
AveryCoast: The bandits mount up. Malice swims away.
AveryCoast: Ernst?
AveryCoast: The guards that were approaching cheer as the screaming malice swims away.
AveryCoast: Well, E-H mount up
Stocke has Stocke waddle up to the first cluster of bandits. He shimmers before exploding with a burst of energy. [Gale Force Infusion]
Stocke rolled 6#d20+14(1) and got 12 ( Total: 26.0 ) for vs reflex
Also rolled 6#d20+14(2) and got 5 [Total: 19.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+14(3) and got 2 [Total: 16.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+14(4) and got 15 [Total: 29.0 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+14(5) and got 10 [Total: 24.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+14(6) and got 7 [Total: 21.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 135.0, Avg: 8.50
AveryCoast: Misses 1! 5 [KOs!]
AveryCoast: The bandits snarl.
Stocke then moves forward and shouts at the engine room. "Can you start up the train again already? That barricade is clearly an illusion. Where would they have even gotten all those trees in a desert? I'm surprised it's still there with the leader down."
AveryCoast: The two bandits back up and shoot at Ernst.
AveryCoast rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 14 ( Total: 29.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 4 [Total: 19.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 48.0, Avg: 9.00
AveryCoast: One hit for 10!
AveryCoast: The two steeds (including the captains…he's on the ground now) go after the robot.
AveryCoast rolled 2#d20+13(1) and got 2 ( Total: 15 )
Also rolled 2#d20+13(2) and got 2 [Total: 15]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 30
AveryCoast: Missing!
Steeg: "…are you sure? Looks pretty real to me. You see those explosives?!"
Stocke: "Trust me. They're fake."
Stocke: "There isn't even any tire tracks around in the sand. How would they have transported that?"
Stocke: "They made the illusion to attack the train."
Steeg: "….alright." He starts the engine moving again. It looks like it's gonna take a while. +2 speed per turn.
AveryCoast: THe other bandits dismount…again…and fire at Ernst. The steeds charge at him.
AveryCoast rolled 4#d20+15(1) and got 7 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 4#d20+15(2) and got 5 [Total: 20.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+15(3) and got 17 [Total: 32.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+15(4) and got 2 [Total: 17.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 91.0, Avg: 7.75
AveryCoast: 10 damage from the bandits
AveryCoast rolled 4#d20+13(1) and got 3 ( Total: 16.0 )
Also rolled 4#d20+13(2) and got 13 [Total: 26.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+13(3) and got 18 [Total: 31.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+13(4) and got 5 [Total: 18.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 91.0, Avg: 9.75
AveryCoast: 2 * 8 for 16 from the steeds.
AveryCoast: Phyllis?
AveryCoast: Finishing the job?
[OOC] Jack: * Time to finish the job.
Hilda probably finishes knocking Bree out. [Illusory Ambush Coup de Grace] Then promptly starts marching down the cars to (very belatedly) actually assist, looking very shell-shocked at her own actions. A waste of time, effort, and life.
Hilda rolled d20+15 and got 18 ( Total: 33.0 ) for vs Will
Hilda rolled 2d6+19 and got 1, 2 ( Total: 22.0 ) for nonlethal KO
AveryCoast: Yeah she's [KO!]
AveryCoast: The train starts accelerating.
Jack: "Ho- we're moving!"
AveryCoast: Round…10?
Jeremy: "I wonder if that dumb shit ever got back on the train."
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 23:Malice Spawn E-H | 21:Malice Spawn A-D | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 18:Screaming Malice | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D | 11:Phyllis | 11:Bree |
Jack: "…does anyone still hear gunshots?"
Jeremy‘ takes a pot shot at Bandits E and F
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D | 11:Phyllis | 11:Bree |
Jeremy` rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 20 ( Total: 32 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 10 [Total: 22]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 54
AveryCoast: Let’s just remove the screaming malice
Jeremy‘ pew pew, with his automatic musket rifle.
[OOC] AveryCoast: KO! x 2
AveryCoast: Garrett, Zane?
AveryCoast: Chandra’s healing people
Jack‘ pops his head out to see what’s going on. "…oh hell." [Move] [Reload]
ChefBatali is headed back to the dining car, gotta get ready for the next meal…
ChefBatali will detour to grab that briefcase.
Jeremy‘ casually slides it back towards the half-orc with his foot, whilst getting better footing to continue shooting bandits dead.
AveryCoast: Bandits A and C fire at ’Stocke', Steeds claw at Stocke
AveryCoast rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 14 ( Total: 29 )
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 5 [Total: 20]
Also rolled 2#d20+13(1) and got 6 [Total: 19]
Also rolled 2#d20+13(2) and got 11 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 92
AveryCoast: 10 damage to Ernst!
AveryCoast: Ernst!
Stocke shifts before rolling under the moving train. He heals himself. "Ow ow ow."
The robot fires at a bandit.
AveryCoast: Phyllis?
Stocke rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 9 ( Total: 24.0 )
AveryCoast: oh dear
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 4 [Total: 19.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 43.0, Avg: 6.50
[OOC] Stocke: One of them dies
AveryCoast: you can't do that, you take two move actions to do that
AveryCoast: no standard
[OOC] Stocke: Oh right.
AveryCoast: you can move your robit though
[OOC] Stocke: I forgot I don't have the shift for free thing yet.
AveryCoast: shift away, dive under the train
Hilda continues moving. … though actually it'd probably be best if she just remain in her quarters.
The robot moves closer to the bandit leader.
AveryCoast: The bandits start cursing and grabs getting their fallen buddies back onto some of the steeds, doubling up if they need to
AveryCoast: the malice steeds paw at the ground as the train starts picking up speed by them.
AveryCoast: Round 11!
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D | 11:Phyllis | 11:Bree |
Jeremy‘ squints. "Hey Boone, does it look like the bandits are hightailin’ it to you?"
Boone: "I can't tell diddly shit from back here."
Jeremy: "Fair enough."
Jack‘ is gonna aim down his carbine at the bandits until they get within 30 squares. [Readied action] He hangs onto something.
Jeremy: "Well then lets barricade check!"
Jeremy` pivots his gun towards the front of the train, aims for the highest concentration of stuff that looks like it might go boom, then fires! :D!
Jeremy` actually is jsut out of range for that I guess and instead opts for swinging his rifle onto his back and bracing for fucking impact.
AveryCoast: Fair enough.
AveryCoast: Garrett, Zane?
Jack` is gonna aim down his carbine at the bandits until they get within 30 squares. [Readied action] He hangs onto something.
AveryCoast: Chandra heals another passenger
AveryCoast: Right
AveryCoast: Zane!
ChefBatali slips back into the cook nook and wedges a blade into the rim of the briefcase. When they hit the barrier and the entire train loses its shit, its going to tragically break open this lock. Oops…
AveryCoast: Thievery check?
ChefBatali rolled 1d20+9 and got 4 ( Total: 13.0 )
AveryCoast: Ernst?
Hilda probably scrambles around for a flagon of ale. Or something. (Either way, this is probably wrapping up before she can reach the end of the train. is … is that a safe assumption)
AveryCoast: The bandits move up and put their leader back on his steed
AveryCoast: Yes
Stocke moves over to the bandit leader and latches on to him. His siren starts going off. Ernst readies a move action.
AveryCoast: trigger?
Stocke: Car 10 moves over me.
AveryCoast: Bandits H and G fire at Stocke.
AveryCoast: THe robit
AveryCoast rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 16 ( Total: 31 )
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 11 [Total: 26]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 57
AveryCoast: Hitting for 20!
AveryCoast: The train continues accellerating, hits the barrier and…it disappears.
AveryCoast: There’s a very audible sigh of relief from the conductor and the engineer.
AveryCoast: Round 12!
AveryCoast: Battle Order: | 31:Gerald | 27:Garrett | 24:Zane | 24:Chandrasekhar | 20:Malice Bandit E-H | 16:Ernst | 12:Malice Bandit A-D | 11:Phyllis | 11:Bree |
AveryCoast: Gerald, Garrett, Zane, Chandra?
AveryCoast: Zane, the lock didn't pop, no sudden jolt :(
Jack‘ still holdin’ action
Jeremy‘ pokes his head up. "Huh. No boom. Guess we’re in the clear now…?"
ChefBatali frowns. So much for using the train as an alibi. Guess its time to just pick it the old fashioned way.
ChefBatali rolled 1d20+9 and got 9 ( Total: 18.0 )
Jeremy‘ just gunna hang out and survey the area just in case, until they get a good distance out.
AveryCoast: Alright, you pop it open and inside there’s a bunch of documents.
AveryCoast: Bandits G and H shoot the robot again.
AveryCoast rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 12 ( Total: 27.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 6 [Total: 21.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 48.0, Avg: 9.00
AveryCoast: 10 damage
ChefBatali scans them quickly. Fuck where's Hilda she can copy all this crap… He sets the coffee to boil and heads over to find the dwarf.
AveryCoast: Danoran military documents……?
[OOC] ChefBatali: definitely getting them copied by Hilda ASAP
AveryCoast: Ernst?
Stocke dismisses his robot. He continues to focus on the train cars.
AveryCoast: Alright.
AveryCoast: The train eventually speeds up, the bandits take off with what they can, Garrett taking a couple potshots at them as they race off into the distance.
AveryCoast: Stocke manages to use his tether to teleport back into car 10 as the Allied Passenger gets into range.
Stocke phases into the train when the car with the allied target comes into view. He was his tether target after all. [Prepped move action]
AveryCoast: The rest of the trip back to Trekhom is somber as the conductor Xorin makes his way through the train, checking on people and asking if they saw anything that might be useful for the formal investigation.
AveryCoast: Cardiff asks around to see if anyone has seen his briefcase, visibly worried.
Jack‘ slowly makes his way back to the 1st class dining car, and sits in a big chair with a slump, unloaded rifle at his side. (Between cars, he subtly stowed his dagger.)
Jeremy` will let him know that he stopped it from going off the edge of the train a few times, but thinks it feel into the dining cart near the end.
Stocke eventually makes his way to the engine room to talk to the conducter and engineer.
Ananth` somehow went right back to being a sort of weird eladrin chanter in the middle of all of this, he made sure to be seen scooting around healing people, that’s for sure.
AveryCoast: Overall there's very few wounded, but several dead passengers and a few dead guards.
Jeremy‘ gunna get his drink on after coming back inside when he’s sure nothing else is attacking the train, and wait for the cook to return and make some dinner.
ChefBatali definitely hands the case over to Cardiff. "It uh, took a bit of a tumble getting here. I saved what I could but a few papers got blown away before I could get them."
ChefBatali flawless delivery of the literal truth.
AveryCoast: He looks suspcious, but thanks you graciously. Between him and Luc, today's tips are pretty impressive.
ChefBatali is just a stupid half-orc anyway, he probably couldn't even read whatever that shit was!
Hilda does some copying, of course, before that.
AveryCoast: Of course.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License