Zg Session 28

Xambria has been knocked out, but barely had she hit the ground before the world around you finished shifting transparent again, and in the ground beneath you, a blue humanoid figure stands at the end of an unfinished subway tunnel running nearby your headquarters.
The figure, with four short tentacles hanging off his face, stands before a large golden seal against the tunnel wall, 8 lanterns glowing with harsh silver light arrayed in front of it in a circle.
Aleith|DM: As Garrett holds Xambria's body in his arms, the body begins to cool for but a moment before Phyllis wills the body's end to hold off just a little longer.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 26:Garrett | 25:Sijhen | 25:Gerald | 21:Zane | 19:Phyllis | 15:Saxby | 12:Serena | 11:Worm Maw | 11:Ernst | 11:Dima | 10:Delft | 10:Carlao | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald: "Oh, there you are you son of a bitch." Gerald's shotgun disappears as he pulls out an oft forgotten longsowrd, then rushes through the building and ground, charging into Sijhen.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+11 and got 7 ( Total: 18 )
Sijhen: "Not in the mood for talk, are we? SO BE IT!" And with that, he shoves the golden seal to the side.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: he readied an action in case someone attacked him for the record
Gerald: "Yeah that ship sailed a while ago."
Aleith|DM: Out of the seal comes a thirty-foot long armored slug, this Thing lashes at you with jagged, harpoon-like tentacles of solid gold. It is not one solid being, though. Arms and hands reach out from within its fanged maws, and sometimes you glimpse screaming alien faces staring out between the gaps of its plated carapace.
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Chandrasekhar: "What. Fresh mohya. Is *that*."
Zane: "Well."
Ernst: "I’m suddenly a lot less interested to visit the other world."
Zane: "First things first."
Gerald: "Got some kinda weird worm fetish, I see."
Phyllis rubs a hand against her forehead. "… hold on, were you actually ready to talk?"
Ernst: "If they were, they were almost certainly buying time."
Aleith|DM: He can't really hear you through the ground.
Zane hurls himself through the ground towards Sijhen, blades in hand. "First you, then that." [Chaaaaaaaaaarge!]
Ernst: "I can't say I'm a fan of those lanterns they have set up."
Zane rolled d20+14 and got 3 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Garrett: "…well that's a whole lot of uncomfortable."
Aleith|DM: The portal, once hidden behind the seal, seems to be moving slowly across a starscape.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 26:Garrett | 25:Sijhen | 25:Gerald | 21:Zane | 19:Phyllis | 15:Saxby | 12:Serena | 11:Worm Maw | 11:Ernst | 11:Dima | 10:Delft | 10:Carlao | 9:ThingFromBeyond | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Gerald: "So uh."
Phyllis drops herself down as well. (( you'll … probably have to pinpoint where I am relative to the horizontal? ))
Gerald: "Since when have we had trains running under HQ boss?"
Aleith|DM: Moved people above the tunnel on the basement map
Aleith|DM: Delft's still in the building cuffing the Ob agents.
Gerald‘ was talkin’ to Zane anyway.
Phyllis conjures her [Mage Hand] between the … thing and Sijhen. "How long did it take you to get this set up? You were barely out of our sight for less than a few minutes. Either way…" [Charm of the Defender on the Thing]
Phyllis rolled d20+13 and got 13 ( Total: 26.0 ) for CA from Mage Hand
Sijhen: "The wonders of preparation. This was all set to go off automatically at 9:30."
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane: "Beats me, Gerald. Looks like it's not done yet anyway."
Phyllis slides it south 1 and it's immobilized and attacks enemies that start adjacent to it with +2/+2 UEoPNT.
Gerald: "Seems like a security hazard."
Aleith|DM: There are, by the way, a few dead workers scattered around the edges of the tunnel, and a couple of train/car combinations a bit away on the track for carrying away dirt.
Aleith|DM: Ah right that power refreshed for you.
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Zane: "Yeah, absolutely. If we all survive this, I may be about to get fired. Saxby is way too high on my shit list to walk away clean tonight."
Phyllis: "By who? You? Saxby? Some clandestine group dressed in frilly robes? An Ancient seal that was uncovered just below the HQ?"
Ernst glances at Saxby before smiling. "I'm going to head on down, but don't worry. I left someone to keep you company." He snaps his fingers as Stocke folds up outside and then he activates it beside Saxby. He calls out the window to Garrett. "If the robots siren goes off Saxby is running by the way." He then teleports behind Gerald and Zane. "I do hope there is a path back to the surface down here after we wrap this up." A casual remark as he unloads his shotgun into Sijhen. [Magic Weapon]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+14(1) and got 20 ( Total: 34.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+14(2) and got 19 [Total: 33.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 67.0, Avg: 19.50
Aleith|DM: //The seal looks remarkably similar to that seal in the Apet Ziggurat by the way.

Aleith|DM: This one looks like it's actually made out of solid gold, however.
Ernst rolled 2d8+10 and got 4, 3 ( Total: 17.0 ) for -1 AC, +1 to hit and +3 dmg for Gerald and Zane
Garrett‘ looks up and back towards the 2nd floor window of RHC HQ and smirks.
Aleith|DM: Crit!
Aleith|DM: Distance weapons don’t have crit mods, right?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 26!
[OOC] Ernst: I cannot crit yeah
Aleith|DM: Still max damage
[OOC] Ernst: Rather no extra dice
Aleith|DM: The Thing from Beyond picks up the golden seal in its tentacles and flings the metal plate at you. [Hurl Seal]
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+9(1) and got 14 ( Total: 23.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 4#d20+9(2) and got 9 [Total: 18.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+9(3) and got 12 [Total: 21.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+9(4) and got 9 [Total: 18.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 80.0, Avg: 11.00
Aleith|DM rolled 3d8+18 and got 5, 4, 1 ( Total: 28.0 )
Aleith|DM: Which slams into Ernst and Phyllis for 28 damage, knocking them prone.
Ernst shoots it with a Shocking Feedback.
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for Dwarven [Stand Your Ground]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+14(1) and got 2 ( Total: 16.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+14(2) and got 18 [Total: 32.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 48.0, Avg: 10.00
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+10 and got 7, 1 ( Total: 18.0 ) for Ernst gains resist 5 Ueont
Phyllis doesn't save and is still knocked prone. :(
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Phyllis grunts, slams a fist into the ground, and, still kneeling, jerks her head up. Her eyes flash with a sickly green. "You'd race us to the end, so soon? So be it!"
Chandrasekhar charges Sijhen! [Charge Virtuous Strike + Divine Challenge]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+11 and got 6 ( Total: 17.0 ) for +1 from Charge, not… sure how much more pluses I get but here goes
Chandrasekhar gains +2 to all defenses, at least.
[OOC] Phyllis: CA!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: what is CA, is it enough to make me hit with that?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: +2, and no)
Zane: (combat advantage, which is a further +2)
[OOC] Phyllis: It's +2, and oh. :(
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Yeah I needed like, at least a roll above 10 to have a rat's chance in a room full of cats. D&D!
Aleith|DM: That's what it's balanced for, yes
Aleith|DM: The walls go back to merely being translucent. You all lose thoughtform.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 26:Garrett | 25:Sijhen | 25:Gerald | 21:Zane | 19:Phyllis | 15:Saxby | 12:Serena | 11:Worm Maw | 11:Ernst | 11:Dima | 10:Delft | 10:Carlao | 9:ThingFromBeyond | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Aleith|DM: You don't sense a soul in Xambria's body. Rather, it seems to be in the direction of Sijhen.
Aleith|DM: There's still some commotion coming from the windows on the upper floor, but some of the other staffers and guards are trailing out of the building.
[OOC] Garrett: Unfinished Business is close burst 10, can I target sijhen/xambria from this distance
Aleith|DM: You don't have line of effect to Sijhen, though Xambria's body is just in front of you….
Garrett: "Rot only asked for -one- soul, not two. So…"
Garrett: "…so it's gonna be weird and hopefully work."
Aleith|DM: What's the plan?
Garrett‘ packs a pinch of feyweed under his tongue and scrunches up his face. She’s not dead, but her body basically was, and her soul is right there, so…
Aleith|DM: Sounds about right.
Garrett: "Train now leaving the station." [Unfinished Business] [Target: Xambria's body]
Aleith|DM: And Sijhen lets loose a howl as Xambria's soul is ripped from his mental grasp and returned to her body.
Aleith|DM: She gasps and opens her eyes. "Oh gods and goddesses!"
Garrett‘ smiles wide and exhales sharply through his nose, bowing forward. He pins her with his hands.
Gerald` glances between Sijhen and Phyllis, raises eyebrow.
Garrett: "Don’t move, you're heavily wounded."
Chandrasekhar: "!"
Aleith|DM: She nods meekly.
Aleith|DM: Sijhen snarls and reaches for Zane. [Grasp the Mind]
Garrett: "A'int many- a'int -any- can say they've taken Zane and Singh's best and can still tell the tale past 24 hours."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 3 ( Total: 18 )
Phyllis: Not before the Thing hits Sijhen!
Aleith|DM: Ah true.
Phyllis: +2/+2 MBA
Aleith|DM: However, Zane fends off the semi-corporeal hand anyway.
Aleith|DM: Must be that ki focus.
Chandrasekhar moves in Phyllis' defense, meanwhile, as the outline of an image of Srasama shimmers faintly in the air. [Hands of Retribition - 4 fire and radiant damage]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 13 ( Total: 26 ) for [Harpoon Spine]
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+7 and got 6, 3 ( Total: 16.0 ) for Grabbed
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 8 ( Total: 23 ) for Acrobatics to Escape
Aleith|DM: JUST FAILED
Phyllis: "I think your grasp on the creature is … slipping."
Sijhen: "DAMN YOU AND DAMN THIS THING!"
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Chandrasekhar roars at Sijhen. "Eyes on me. I've been waiting for this fight for long enough." [Challenge Proc!]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 3!
Gerald‘ marks Sijhen as his [Quarry], shifts back a step, then unloads a [Twin-Fanged Strike] with his shotgun.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+14(1) and got 9 ( Total: 23 )
Also rolled 2#d20+14(2) and got 11 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 48
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+14(1) and got 5 ( Total: 19 )
Also rolled 2#d20+14(2) and got 18 [Total: 32]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 51
Aleith|DM: 2 hits, 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled 2d8+12 and got 7, 1 ( Total: 20 )
d8+12: 6 [Total: 18]
d8+3: 5 [Total: 8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 46
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 23!] Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Zane feints and drives his sword into Sijhen. [MBA]
Zane rolled d20+14 and got 11 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane does full damage. Surprise! [Ghost Strike Ki Focus - +2d6 damage on crit, ignore Insubstantial if target is granting CA.]
Zane rolled 1d10+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12.0 )
Also rolled 1d8 and got 1 [Total: 1 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 13.0, Avg: 2.50
Aleith|DM: Saxby’s gathering up some stuff from her desk.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Ernst chews at his lip. "Saxby seems to be gathering up any incriminating documents from her desk at the moment."
Phyllis stands, regains some of her composure [Dwarven Resilience - Second Wind], and assaults Sijhen with an [Illusory Ambush]. Hands, grasping from the ceiling, from the ground, everywhere as if the railway were a crypt -
Phyllis rolled d20+13 and got 3 ( Total: 16.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: He brushes off your psychic assault.
Aleith|DM: It's probably a little disorientating watching two places at once, Ernst, but Stocke relays Saxby putting several documents in her coat pockets as well as a bronze ring before she glances towards the hall where the fighting is still going on, then out the window…which she then proceeds to jump down from.
Ernst activates Stockes Siren.
Aleith|DM: She punts the robot on her way out.
[OOC] Ernst: Not that he really needed to Garrett is right there.
Aleith|DM: Well, kicks it a bit.
Aleith|DM: Just kinda whispering "shut up!" at it.
Garrett: "(Ugh, gonna make me run…)"
Ernst: "I hope Garrett is one the case. Saxby just ran off with a bronze ring and anything linking her to this incident."
[OOC] Ernst: *on
Zane: "She -what-."
Gerald: "That makes proving anything super easy, at least."
Zane: "Handle this."
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Chandrasekhar: "I said we should have put her in irons."
Gerald‘ turns back towards Sijhen.
Zane is already glaring blood and murder at the ceiling.
Aleith|DM: You can kinda barely see her through the ceiling, in fact.
Chandrasekhar: "Reasons are for people who aren’t trying to save the city from a brainpire."
Gerald: "Turns out we got business else where?"
Phyllis: "Before or after closing the seal here?"
Gerald: "We're gunna need to wrap this up real quick."
Chandrasekhar: "(Don't quote me on that, I never said it.)"
Gerald‘ makes a circling motion in the air with his gun in the alien’s direction.
Gerald: "So stop dodging, yeah?"
Ernst tosses Phyllis a heal. [+19]. He then takes a move action solely so Stocke can also take a move action and walk out the window and fall on Saxby.
Phyllis: "Well, that, and exposing the city to a mote of Apet."
Aleith|DM: Make an MBA against Saxby.
Aleith|DM: Improvised weapon, no proficiency bonus.
Ernst rolled d20 and got 7 ( Total: 7 ) for No idea what my mod is 8?
Aleith|DM: You miss, but she yelps as it lands beside her, Prone.
Gerald: "I GUESS that's a thing too."
Ernst then fires a [Magic Weapon] at Sijhen.
Garrett‘ turns around, trying to make eye contact.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+14(1) and got 9 ( Total: 23.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+14(2) and got 13 [Total: 27.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 50.0, Avg: 11.00
Ernst rolled 2d8+10 and got 5, 5 ( Total: 20.0 ) for -1 AC, Gerald/Phyllis/Zane get +3dmg and +1 to hit on anything
Aleith|DM: Is the -1 AC UEoNT? 2 hits if so, 1 hit if not.
[OOC] Ernst: Yes
Aleith|DM: Okay.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 10!
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
Aleith|DM: The Thing rolls its whole bulk sideways and simply flattens Chandrasekhar. [Crush]
Aleith|DM: Opportunity Attacks from Chandrasekhar and Zane!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 11 ( Total: 21.0 )
Aleith|DM: It’s no longer under Thoughtform UEoNT.
Aleith|DM: +2 from CA. Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+6 and got 8 ( Total: 14 ) for radiant, vuln 3 radiant
Zane rolled d20+16 and got 9 ( Total: 25 )
Zane rolled 1d10+8 and got 7 ( Total: 15.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!] [15!
Aleith|DM: Chandra is knocked prone and will take 10 damage if he ends his turn under the Thing. Remember that huge creatures can share the spaces of creatures Medium or smaller.
[OOC] Ernst: That was with the +3 right
[OOC] Zane: fuck no I am a retard haha
Chandrasekhar: "Nngh!"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 3!] more
Aleith|DM: The Thing then sends a Harpoon Spine at Gerald.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 14 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+7 and got 4, 5 ( Total: 16.0 )
Gerald‘ blasts through it with a [Disruptive Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 6 ( Total: 21 )
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 11 [Total: 26]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 47
Gerald` rolled d8+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 ) for -6 to hit, gerald’s OK
Aleith|DM: The tentacles clustered around the thing’s maw are tipped with jagged shards of gold. One reaches for you but is knocked away by your shot. 1 hit!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: sec
Chandrasekhar teleports out from under the giant worm [Fey Step], challenges the worm, and uses [Radiant Delirium] on Sijhen!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+7 and got 16 ( Total: 23.0 ) for vs. Reflex
Aleith|DM: You might want to be one step further from the worm because that provokes an OA on you
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Aleith|DM: I think you take -2 from prone but CA's +2 cancels it out
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+6 and got 6, 2, 3 ( Total: 17 ) for radiant, sijhen dazed until the end of my next turn, -2 penalty to AC
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 8!
Aleith|DM: Round 10! Your surroundings are relatively normal again. No more seeing through walls.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 26:Garrett | 25:Sijhen | 25:Gerald | 21:Zane | 19:Phyllis | 15:Saxby | 12:Serena | 11:Worm Maw | 11:Ernst | 11:Dima | 10:Delft | 10:Carlao | 9:ThingFromBeyond | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Phyllis: "What were you even trying to accomplish here? Perish, or go back to whence you came."
Sijhen: "That's what I'm trying to do, you damned cattle!"
Ernst: "Given that this -thing- came out I think he's trying to open a portal of sorts."
Garrett‘ picks himself up and rushes over to where Saxby and the downed Stocke are.
Sijhen: "If you’d just let me finish this, I'll be gone and out of your hair forever!"
Garrett: "Evening, boss."
Zane: "I vote perish. This hunt has gone on long enough/
Phyllis: "Finish. What."
Garrett: "I know, watching us jump out the window was tons of fun, but I'm sure the door still works."
Saxby: "Evening, Constable Cooper. Would you be a dear and escort me the hell away from this madhouse?"
Chandrasekhar: "…it's trying to escape home."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: -Cooper +Woodson
Stockes Siren is still going off as it wobbles its limbs flailing around on the grass.
Gerald: "Giant ass snake god said kill it,"
Aleith|DM: She shoots the robot a dirty look.
Gerald: "Not sure why anyone thinks this is up for debate."
Saxby: "I think it's broken."
Garrett: "Mmm, afterwards is the good ol' blankets-and-coffee for the survivors, and after the assault we're a little shorthanded. Stick around a bit, yeah?"
Phyllis: "Or to banish it."
Chandrasekhar: "Well. I think we're well within our rights to carry out the king's justice. Or did you forget about the innocent people it slaughtered in our jurisdiction?"
Phyllis: "And yet, one wonders what the consequences are for just letting it skip on home. Does the door stay open for things like this?"
Saxby: "I'll be back in the morning, you can take my statement then."
Phyllis: "I'm just being pedantic. I'm all for finishing it off."
Sijhen: "I don't know why but your entire planar system is messed up. This accursed map is the only thing letting me leave."
Phyllis: "Just trying to make sense of … all this."
Aleith|DM: And with that he-tries to get out of the Thing's grasp again.
Garrett‘ gives her a level stare. [Ready Action: Saxby draws a weapon or runs]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 3 ( Total: 18 ) for Acrobatics
Chandrasekhar: "Probably, to prevent entities like yourself from stopping by for a quick snack." He smiles, brightly and bloodily.
Aleith|DM: …he’s still stuck.
Aleith|DM: He reaches for Zane again. [AP -> Grasp the Mind]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 15 ( Total: 30 )
Garrett: "Delft, a hand?" he calls out.
[OOC] Phyllis: Challenge?
Garrett: "There's wounded."
Aleith|DM: Wrong monster
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: it wore off
[OOC] Phyllis: aha
Aleith|DM: Sijhen thrusts a semi-corporeal hand into Zane's cranium. Dominated (SE)! Aftereffect: 2d8+9 psychic damage when it wears off.
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Zane reels.
Gerald‘ shifts behind Ernst before directing a couple more slugs into Sijhen. [Biting Volley]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 7 ( Total: 22 ) for crit 18+
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 6 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 43
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 13 ( Total: 28 ) for crit 18+
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 2 [Total: 17]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 45
[OOC] Gerald: vs ref so…
Aleith|DM: Oh :(
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled d8+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
d8+12: 8 [Total: 20]
d8+3: 6 [Total: 9]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 45
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Err, make that [10!], only 1 hit.
Phyllis: "As soon as you leave that thing’s grasp - or sooner, perhaps - you're not long for this world. Or any."
[OOC] Gerald: 13 really since the seoncd one hit and the +3 on quarry shouldn't have been there but
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!] rather
Aleith|DM: Zane, please stab Ernst.
Zane does in fact do his best to fucking murder the best rookie. :(
Zane rolled d20+14 and got 9 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM: And you just barely hit.
[OOC] Phyllis: Why the 14?
[OOC] Zane: Wait am I still +1/+3?
Aleith|DM: err, yes
[OOC] Ernst: Yes I havne't acted
Aleith|DM: :D
[OOC] Phyllis: Also do you have CA?
Aleith|DM: He doesn't
[OOC] Zane: I do not, which is why its +14 and not +16 <_<)
Aleith|DM: The CA bonus is only for doing full damage to insubstantial creatures.
[OOC] Phyllis: oohhhh.
Aleith|DM: With his ki focus
Zane rolled 1d10+11 and got 2 ( Total: 13.0 )
Also rolled 1d8 and got 6 [Total: 6 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 19.0, Avg: 4.00
[OOC] Phyllis: no I thought he would be doing +12 otherwise, math in the wrong direction
Ernst uses an Energy Conversion on the stab. He reduces the damage by 8 and heals 13 THP after. "Y'know, I'm trying to focus on Saxby right now and the stabbings aren't really helping."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 19!] to Ernst
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Zane: "Sssorrreeeeee…"
[OOC] Ernst: Did Zane have to move towards me to MBA me btw
[OOC] Ernst: I have repulsion armor on
[OOC] Gerald: no he's adjacent
[OOC] Ernst: Sad.
[OOC] Phyllis: he couldn't have, he'd only have one action due to being dominated
[OOC] Gerald: Which is why you can buff him
Zane rolled d20+0 and got 18 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+9 and got 5, 7 ( Total: 21.0 )
Aleith|DM: You're no longer dominated, but you take 21 psychic damage from the mental feedback.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Zane literally tears the head out of his brain and drops to one knee with a snarl. [Half-orc Resilience, +5 TP] "Shit, Ernst."
Zane: "I'll buy you a beer."
Ernst: "Well, I mean if you're going to go that far I GUESS I can heal you now."
Zane: "Wouldn't argue with that plan, no."
Phyllis surrounds the Thing and Sijhen with a horde of illusory fey sprites. [Emerald Eye on Sijhen] [Winged Horde] Hopefully, he flinches and dodges into a few shards on that tentacle -
Phyllis rolled d20+15 and got 17 ( Total: 32.0 ) for Sijhen, Thing respectively, vs. Will
d20+13: 5 [Total: 18.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Racist!
Total: 50.0, Avg: 11.00
Aleith|DM: Hit, miss!
Zane: "Also fuck I wanted to be upstairs by the time everything went solid. Saxby couldn't outrun me and Garrett with a tailwind."
[OOC] Ernst: Did you remember the +1 to hit on magic weapon
[OOC] Ernst: It would make it a hit
[OOC] Phyllis: I did not!
Aleith|DM: Both hit!
Phyllis rolled d6+9 and got 1 ( Total: 10.0 ) for psychic damage
[OOC] Phyllis: That is including the +3 though
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] Sijhen screams, and then falls limp in the thing's Grasp. [10!] to the Thing!
Phyllis looks at the thing. Best to try and avoid its notice. [Thoughtform vs Will for invisible]
Chandrasekhar: "Can't go home again, brainpire."
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 3 ( Total: 12.0 ) for +7 and CA
Aleith|DM: Saxby starts walking away to the east, Garrett, hands in her pockets.
Garrett‘ goes for the subtle swipe. [Thievery]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+12 and got 19 ( Total: 31 )
Gerald: "That’s some kind of… literary joke… right Chan?"
Aleith|DM: You've got a few choices, a small sack, a few documents, or a ring.
Chandrasekhar: "I just… really like the term 'brainpire', Gerald."
Aleith|DM: The sack is clearly filled with coins.
Gerald: "Oh on I mean the other thing, brainpire is good."
Garrett‘ opts for the documents. The ring proves little…
Aleith|DM: The documents appear to be a few passports with Saxby’s picture, but different names.
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Aleith|DM: Delft climbs out the window. "Constable Woodson? What's up?"
Garrett: "How's the insides holding up?"
Ernst tosses a heal to Zane. [+23] He then sighs as his robot gets up while he shifts and fires a [magic weapon] at the worm.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+14(1) and got 19 ( Total: 33.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+14(2) and got 6 [Total: 20.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 53.0, Avg: 12.50
Delft: "Those black-clad men are cuffed now. Still some combat coming from upstairs, from the sounds of it."
Ernst rolled d8+10 and got 7 ( Total: 17.0 ) for -1 AC, Gerald gets +3dmg/+1tohit
Aleith|DM: Miss!
[OOC] Ernst: 33 was a miss?
Aleith|DM: oh wrong wroll
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 17!
Aleith|DM: The Thing grabs at Chandrasekhar! [Harpoon Spike]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 20 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM: The tentacles clustered around the thing's maw are tipped with jagged shards of gold. One snags your flesh and yanks you next to the monster's mouths. Chandrasekhar takes 19 damage and is pulled beside the Thing, and is grabbed!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Escape DC 24, 15 damage when you escape the grab]
Gerald: "Yow."
Chandrasekhar: "Hnnghh-"
Aleith|DM: It then attempts to devour Chandrasekhar [AP, Shredding Mouths]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 4 ( Total: 15 )
Aleith|DM: But Chandrasekhar fights it off.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar: "I'm- not- very- tasty!"
Zane: "Oh I dunno…"
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: is the Escape a minor?
[OOC] Phyllis: Move
Aleith|DM: Move action, and you can shift one square if you succeed at the Athletics or Acrobatics check.
Chandrasekhar stabs it at close range with a [Righteous Smite]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 14 ( Total: 24.0 ) for v. AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+6 and got 1, 2 ( Total: 9 ) for Phyllis, Gerald, Ernst, Zane and myself gain 7 T.HP
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 9!
Ernst has more than 7 THP :(
Aleith|DM: Round 11. Reality is still normal.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Gerald | 21:Zane | 19:Phyllis | 16:Garrett | 15:Saxby | 11:Ernst | 10:Delft | 9:ThingFromBeyond | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Chandrasekhar uses [Second Wind]!
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Nevermind uh
Aleith|DM: That's a Standard Action, Teakwood
[OOC] Phyllis: Lay on Hands instead?
Aleith|DM: You could Lay on Hands though I think…?
Chandrasekhar uses [Lay on Hands] and also tries to escape!
Gerald‘ uh, [Quarry] and then [Twin Shot]s? NOt much else to do when the wall is solid.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 10 ( Total: 25 )
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 9 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 49
Chandrasekhar rolled d20-1 and got 8 ( Total: 7.0 ) for Athletics I guess???
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 11 ( Total: 26 )
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 18 [Total: 33]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 59
[OOC] Ernst: +3 dmg
Aleith|DM: It’s insubstantial again
Gerald‘ rolled 2d8+8 and got 6, 8 ( Total: 22 )
Also rolled 2d8+8 and got 7, 3 [Total: 18]
Aleith|DM: But all hits
d8: 2 [Total: 2]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 42
Gerald` probably uh Thought at it first
Gerald` rolled d20+8 and got 19 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM: It’s Solid! [42 damage!]
[OOC] Gerald: huh that worked
Aleith|DM: The strike peels away a piece of the monster’s flesh, and a pile of twisted humanoid figures tumble out of the wound, pulsating with visible psychic energy.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: O_o
Aleith|DM: Each square adjacent to the Thing is covered by a pile of insane Gidim vestiges until the end of the encounter. These squares are difficult terrain, and any creature that enters or ends its turn in that space takes 5 psychic damage.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Threshold I
Ernst: "… huh."
Ernst: "Glad I took a step back."
Phyllis stares in disgusted recoil.
Gerald: "Hm."
Gerald: "Okay then."
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Ernst: "If you can get some distance though I wouldn't object to teleporting after you Gerald."
Gerald: "We'll see if the ground turns, uh, phased…? again."
Zane: "That… is vile." And he rams his blade into the creature. [MBA] "Singh! Turn your shoulders right, that'll get your wrist enough play for a vertical twist with the sword." [Minor, tentacle technique. Teak MBA. If he hits, +5 to the acrobatics/athletics check he is about to make to escape]
Zane rolled d20+16 and got 4 ( Total: 20 )
[OOC] Zane: I missed. Teak do the thing
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 11 ( Total: 21.0 )
Aleith|DM: Also a miss, but you can make another escape action for free.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+4 and got 13 ( Total: 17.0 )
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis steps out of the cave a little ways and emits sparks from her orb at the thing. [Color Spray]
Phyllis rolled d20+13 and got 8 ( Total: 21.0 ) for vs Will
[OOC] Phyllis: Does it still have vuln radiant?
Aleith|DM: No
Phyllis rolled d6+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14.0 ) for Dazed UEoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ follows Saxby, escorting. [Move] Trying for that ring though. [Thievery]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+12 and got 5 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: She slaps your hand away. "What on Lanjyr are you trying to do, constable?!"
Garrett` was reaching for a sunrod, which he brings up immediately with his other hand. [AP]
Aleith|DM: Okay?
[OOC] Garrett: IS IT BRIGHT AND DISTRACTING
Aleith|DM: That only takes a minor action if it’s your own by the way
Aleith|DM: not especially.
Aleith|DM: It's bright, but
[OOC] Garrett: okay then just the minor action
Aleith|DM: Okay. She makes a run for it.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Double Move north
Garrett‘ spends that AP on [Low Slash] then
Aleith|DM: Oh, well then.
Garrett` rolled 1d20+14 and got 7 ( Total: 21 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Misses.
Aleith|DM: Then she takes off. [OA?]
Garrett` clips her bag. [OA]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+14 and got 9 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM: Hit! [CA from running!]
[OOC] Garrett: can I sub damage for another attempt at stealing the ring
Aleith|DM: Sure.
Garrett` rolled 1d20+12 and got 18 ( Total: 30 ) for c’mon hands
Aleith|DM: Got it.
Garrett‘ is left holding a clenched fist as Saxby runs off…
Ernst inhales and then exhales irritated. "Saxby just booked it over Garretts low slash and is quickly running out of sight, Zane."
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Zane: "God -DAMN IT-!"
Aleith|DM: Delft runs around the corner. "Damn it!" He lines up a shot on her. "You’re under arrest for suspicion of treason, Saxby!"
Gerald: "Hrm."
Garrett: "(If you make this shot, I'll actually run.)"
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 9 ( Total: 24 )
Garrett: "(Sonofabitch.)"
Aleith|DM: It clips her, but she hits the ground.
Aleith|DM rolled 2d4+12 and got 4, 3 ( Total: 19.0 ) for Prone
Stocke continues to waddle after Saxby. Its siren is still going off as it waves its hands erratically pointing at her in front of Delft. He then… continues to waddle after her. [Double Move]
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
Ernst gets out of the dangerous corner.
Aleith|DM: The Thing advances on Gerald, Chandrasekhar hanging behind it. [Crush]
Gerald‘ [Spitting Cobra Stance]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+15(1) and got 11 ( Total: 26 )
Also rolled 2#d20+15(2) and got 16 [Total: 31]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 57
Gerald` rolled 2d8+12 and got 1, 5 ( Total: 18 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
Aleith|DM: You’re knocked prone.
Ernst: "I'm out of healing charges. Good luck with the worm it's taking all I've got right now to just tail Saxby."
Gerald: "I'll live."
Aleith|DM: The beast’s mouths whir like inward-facing saws as flashing lights glow within its gut. Then three blinding beams burst outward, accompanied by tormented psychic screams. [Prismatic Screams]
[OOC] Phyllis: It's dazed bro
Aleith|DM: ….
[OOC] Aleith|DM: AP
[OOC] Phyllis: It still had one?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Threshold I
[OOC] Ernst: You AP'd with it already???
Aleith|DM: Gains 1 AP too
[OOC] Phyllis: Sigh.
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+9(1) and got 16 ( Total: 25.0 ) for vs Fort, Ref, Will, against Ernst, Phyllis
Also rolled 2#d20+9(2) and got 2 [Total: 11.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 36.0, Avg: 9.00
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d8+6(1) and got 8 ( Total: 14.0 )
Also rolled 3#d8+6(2) and got 2 [Total: 8.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 3#d8+6(3) and got 2 [Total: 8.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 30.0, Avg: 4.00
[OOC] Ernst: God I wish I had my resist 8 interrupt still
Aleith|DM: 14 thunder, 8 radiant, and 8 psychic damage to Ernst, as he's knocked prone and deafened UEoNT, blinded and takes ongoing 5 fire damage (SE both), and dazed UEoNT.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar?
Gerald: "Duno about you though…"
Ernst is bloodied.
Aleith|DM: Oh look, another 4 radiant/fire damage from Chandrasekhar.
[OOC] Zane: goddamn that's rude haha
Aleith|DM: I really wanted to use it before Stage 3, it's true
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: GDI sorry my mom was yowling hang on
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: does someone want a free Save
[OOC] Ernst: Me
Aleith|DM: Oh I guess 7 radiant on top of that from Challenge
Chandrasekhar reaches towards Ernst from within the Maw. [Divine Mettle - make a saving throw with a +4 bonus] Then he stabs at the air, wildly, and there's a clap of thunder: [Astral Thunder]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+7 and got 12 ( Total: 19.0 ) for vs. Fort
Ernst rolled d20+4 and got 14 ( Total: 18.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit from CA!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Teak stand up
Aleith|DM: Saved!
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+6 and got 4, 7 ( Total: 17 ) for thunder, -2 attack penalty until the end of my next turn
Chandrasekhar stands… up? While getting tentacle time'd? Hentai physics sure is complicated.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Do I need to roll for that
Aleith|DM: Nope.
[OOC] Zane: roll to preserve your virt- wait nvm
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: the only virtue i have is an Encounter Minor ^_~
Aleith|DM: Round 12. The walls are translucent.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Gerald | 21:Zane | 19:Phyllis | 16:Garrett | 15:Saxby | 11:Ernst | 10:Delft | 9:ThingFromBeyond | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
[OOC] Garrett: chandrasekhar robbing from the cradle
Aleith|DM: 10 damage if you're still under the Thing at the end of your turn.
Zane: (gahahaha)
Gerald: "Nnnngh okay." Gerald sort of waves his gun in the air and fires it into the worm's, uh … most face like thing. [The Man With Two Guns Is God And Cares Not For Your Opportunity Attacks, Not At All]
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 9 ( Total: 21 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 19 [Total: 31]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 52
Gerald` rolled 2d8+5 and got 1, 8 ( Total: 14 )
Gerald` then crawls out from under it.
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!
[OOC] Gerald: sec
Gerald` then things aggressively at it. There Is No Gunman.
Gerald` rolled d20+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Not hard enough. It turns solid again.
Aleith|DM: wait no it crushed you
Aleith|DM: It’s still solid UEoNT
Aleith|DM: Zane!
[OOC] Gerald: I was trying to make myself invisible to it anyway :D
Aleith|DM: Yes, but it was you who made it solid last round, sooo….
Aleith|DM: I almost cut your damage in half
Zane: "Well if you're just going to come to me in the first place…"
Aleith|DM: and there isn't even a vestige in your square now.
[OOC] Gerald: ALSO it can't take OAs UEoNT but idk if thta matters
Aleith|DM: It's dazed anyway
Aleith|DM: but yeah that will go away after Phyllis' turn
Aleith|DM: hopefully >_>
[OOC] Phyllis: it'll last longer :D
Zane whips the bastard dsowrd out in a vicious slice and then flicks his wrist to carve it on the backhand as he rolls behind it. [MBA, AP, MBA, Move since it cant OA right now]
Zane rolled 2#1d20+15(1) and got 7 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d20+15(2) and got 12 [Total: 27.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 49.0, Avg: 9.50
[OOC] Zane: should be two hits thanks to Fues -1 AC?
Zane: (I think?)
Aleith|DM: He didn't shoot it this turn :(
[OOC] Zane: Ah well then
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Zane rolled 1d10+8 and got 9 ( Total: 17.0 )
Also rolled 1d8 and got 1 [Total: 1 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 18.0, Avg: 5.00
Phyllis: "…Hm."
Phyllis: "Do you think that thing can squeeze back into where it came from?"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!] It shrieks, and then the light in its mouths goes out. For a moment it appears that it might be dying, but then a humanoid torso tears free of the armored carapace just behind the mouths. The monster’s master has fused with the creature itself. [Join with the Master, Threshold II
Aleith|DM: Sijhen's body disappears.
Aleith|DM: All negative conditions end.
Aleith|DM: But it's still solid, at least?
Zane: "Oh man, we get to kill you twice? Yule coming early again."
Gerald: "I uh."
Gerald: "Huh."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Gerald: "That's going to be fun to note in the report."
Chandrasekhar: "-oh for Srasama's sake. Doesn't anything from your happily-forgotten asscrack of the manifold realities die when it's killed?"
[OOC] Phyllis: Ice do you need more "prevents OA" kind of stuff or are you good
[OOC] Gerald: I'm good until the end of my turn so should stay fine
[OOC] Phyllis: 'all negative conditions end'
Aleith|DM: ^
[OOC] Gerald: oh right. uhh. I think I'm OK here anyway, it was mostly my back being to a wall ebefore that was the deal breaker
[OOC] Phyllis: mkay
Phyllis strikes it with more illusions. [Illusory Ambush] Sijhen's previous victims, all grasping for the base of its skull -
Phyllis rolled d20+13 and got 8 ( Total: 21.0 ) for vs will
Phyllis rolled d6+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12.0 ) for -2 to attack rolls UEoPNT
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Gerald | 21:Zane | 19:Phyllis | 16:Garrett | 15:Saxby | 11:Ernst | 10:Delft | 9:ThingFromBeyond | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Gerald‘ stands up, thinking stealthy thoughts at the monster.
Garrett` chases after the downed Saxby, gonna give her the leap treatment he gave Xambria! [Run Double Move]
Gerald` rolled d20+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12 ) for vs will
[OOC] Gerald: oh shit wrong g
Aleith|DM: Sorry, yeah, was putting init back down.
Aleith|DM: You can charge with a run, you just take -5 to attack rolls.
[OOC] Garrett: can I use athletics to grab
Aleith|DM: It’s a Strength Attack vs. Reflex to Grab. http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/glossary.aspx?id=329
[OOC] Garrett: fuck that then I'm gonna wait until she runs some more
Aleith|DM: She stands up, dusts herself off, then slashes you with her longsword.
Aleith|DM: She also looks a bit better. [Regeneration 10, Royal Power]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 4 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: But misses you.
Garrett: "And here… we… go."
Aleith|DM: Delft moves closer and shoots her again.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 17 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM: And oh look, she's prone again.
Aleith|DM rolled 2d4+12 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 19.0 )
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Stocke waddles closer to Saxby. Ernst gets up.
Aleith|DM: Ah yes, dazed. EoT?
[OOC] Ernst: All I can do yeah
Aleith|DM: The Thing moves towards Gerald. [Crush]
Gerald‘ pew pew
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 8 ( Total: 20 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 9 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 41
Aleith|DM: Misses.
Aleith|DM: The Thing stabs a Harpoon Spine at Zane.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 3 ( Total: 14 )
Aleith|DM: And then again at Ernst. [AP]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 16 ( Total: 25 ) for whoops -2 attacks
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+7 and got 3, 6 ( Total: 16.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 16 and pulling Ernst beside it.
Aleith|DM: He’s also Dominated (SE).
Gerald: "Hm."
Aleith|DM: but unconcious, I guess.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar?
Chandrasekhar [Challenge]s it and then hits it with an [Enfeebling Strike]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 14 ( Total: 24.0 ) for vs. AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+6 and got 5 ( Total: 11 ) for -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn!
Aleith|DM: why does that stack
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: *hip thrust*
Aleith|DM: Reality is transparent! Round 13!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Gerald | 21:Zane | 19:Phyllis | 16:Garrett | 15:Saxby | 11:Ernst | 10:Delft | 9:ThingFromBeyond | 7:Chandrasekhar |
[OOC] Garrett: ahahahhahahahahaha
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ attempts to think himself out of mind.
Gerald` rolled d20+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12 )
Aleith|DM: Miss
Gerald` just rolls out from under it then [Shift], before rolling a bit further while shooting it somehow. [Nimble Strike]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 11 ( Total: 23 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 18 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 53
Gerald` rolled 2d8+9 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM: hits!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 16!
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Zane: "OK officially working on a schedule here…" And he continues to carve the worm as he starts circling toward Garrett.
Zane rolled 1d20+15 and got 17 ( Total: 32.0 )
Zane rolled 1d10+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11.0 )
Also rolled 1d8 and got 5 [Total: 5 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 16.0, Avg: 4.00
Gerald: "This thing is a bit more resiliant than I thought it would be, yeah."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 16!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis assaults it with more illusions. Thoughtform before it was cool. [Illusory Ambush]
Phyllis rolled d20+13 and got 17 ( Total: 30.0 ) for vs Will
Phyllis rolled d6+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11.0 ) for -2 to attack
Aleith|DM: ah right 5 psychic damage to Chandrasekhar at end of his turn from a Gidim vestige, almost forgot about that.
Chandrasekhar is going to have heck of nightmares. :(
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 11!
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett` cuts at the downed Saxby, raising his defenses! [Opening Move]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+16 and got 18 ( Total: 34 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 2d4+10 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 17 ) for +5 AC/Ref UEoNT
Also rolled 2d6 and got 5, 6 [Total: 11]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 28
Garrett` then shifts 1. [Move]
Aleith|DM: Saxby stands up, and slashes at you again.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 18 ( Total: 33 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+9 and got 4, 1 ( Total: 14.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting you for 14
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst lays on the ground dying. I think I make a save? Stocke books it away from Garrett flailing his hands as he runs south.
Ernst rolled d20 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
Aleith|DM: 1 step closer to death.
Aleith|DM: Delft draws a sword out of his cane, and charges Saxby.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 5 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: Missing.
Garrett` notices the fleeing Stocke. "Aw, hell."
Aleith|DM: All movement is relative, Phyllis. Though it appears not to move, you are suddenly closer to it. [Immobile Predator]
Aleith|DM: You’re teleported behind it.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: does that trigger challenge?
Gerald: "Man."
Aleith|DM: Nope, just an Effect.
Gerald: "That is some Grade A Bullshit, right there."
Aleith|DM: It then tries to stab you with a Harpoon Spike, which DOES trigger Challenge. [7!]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+5 and got 2 ( Total: 7 ) for seriously, -6?
[OOC] Phyllis: Phyllis, Chandra, and … who else?
Aleith|DM: Marked
[OOC] Phyllis: Aha
Aleith|DM: It's thoughtform resumes, but you're still insubstantial for at least a little bit.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Phyllis: Must have hit a phantom.
Chandrasekhar hits it with another [Enfeebling Strike] to keep the effect up, and meditates on [Virtue].
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 16 ( Total: 26.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+6 and got 6 ( Total: 12 ) for -2 to attack neener neener, maintains challenge
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12!
Aleith|DM: The walls turn translucent. Round 14!
Aleith|DM: 5 psychic damage to Chandrasekhar
Gerald: "Hmm. Missed our chance to get out huh?"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Gerald | 21:Zane | 19:Phyllis | 16:Garrett | 15:Saxby | 11:Ernst | 10:Delft | 9:ThingFromBeyond | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Gerald‘?
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: I have Resist All 2 until the start of my next turn
[OOC] Gerald: phasing is gone right
Aleith|DM: Correct.
Gerald` picks himself up, then finishes the worm off.
Aleith|DM: The portal still seems to be panning across a starscape.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+14(1) and got 14 ( Total: 28 )
Also rolled 2#d20+14(2) and got 20 [Total: 34]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 62
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
[OOC] Gerald: yeah not even bothering with the other attack
Aleith|DM: It lets loose a horrid screech…and then collapses into many pieces.
Aleith|DM: The vestiges collapses.
Gerald: "So uh… you got the portal right Phyllis?" :D?
Chandrasekhar falls to the ground in an undignified pile, gets up cautiously. Can he still sense Sijhen’s presence anywhere?
Aleith|DM: Well, his body's in the mess from the Thing from Beyond.
Phyllis nods, moving to pick up the seal. "And Chandra can attend to Ernst."
Aleith|DM: The star map seems to be on the ground in front of the seal.
Aleith|DM: Hahahahaha.
Aleith|DM: That seal weighs about a ton.
Aleith|DM: Gonna need more than your 8 Strength to move it.
Chandrasekhar scoots over to Ernst and uses [Lay On Hands].
Aleith|DM: Ernst wakes up.
[OOC] Phyllis: WELL 19 INT serving as a STR Substitude for a round
[OOC] Phyllis: but noted
Aleith|DM: Garrett, between you and Delft, for the next few rounds you tackle her, wrestle her to the ground, and cuff her.
Phyllis … sees what she can do, magically speaking, at least, to get this thing closed off again.
Garrett: "Not out of this yet." His words give him power! [Minor - Majestic Word (self)] He then plays a very intimate game of Twister.
Ernst swears under his breath before trying to focus his sights on Stocke. "… Saxby is still on the ground. She's surrounded by Delft and Garrett."
Gerald: "Whew!"
Aleith|DM: Okay, the lot of you manage to get the golden seal back in front of the seal, but that doesn't seem to close it off by itself. You can still see strobes of light streaking out from around the edges.
Gerald: "Sounds like everything worked out."
Gerald: "Well."
Gerald: "Well work out? I trust Phyllis."
Aleith|DM: The lanterns are still glowing a stark silver.
Ernst has stocke go stand on Saxby before directing his attention to the portal. "… Phyllis any ideas on how to stop this thing?"
Chandrasekhar helps grapple the seal back in place, takes a step back. "Phyllis, got any weird mohya [Trick For Sealing The Manifold Reality] by any chance?"
Ernst: "I kind of want to say that destroying the lanterns is a bad idea, but outside of that I don't have much input."
Zane: "OK you magic douers handle this I'm gonna go have a word with my supervisor."
Phyllis: Would an [Arcana] check provide some insight?
Zane vanishes upward.
Aleith|DM: Try it.
Phyllis rolled d20+14 and got 15 ( Total: 29.0 )
Gerald: "I'll stay with 'em just in case something else pops out."
Aleith|DM: You take a look around at the lanterns, think about it for a few seconds and then…adjust the energies of one of them to close off the seal. One of them starts glowing golden.
Aleith|DM: You think it might be easier if you know could see what Sijhen was trying to aim for…maybe that map on the ground?
Phyllis: "The lanterns do seem to be the key, though."
Ernst nods. "I refrained from using my area attack during the fight since I didn't want to damage them."
Phyllis kneels down to pick it up. "The star map that Xambria asserted that existed, in her altercation with Caius, I presume."
Gerald: "Probably."
Chandrasekhar: "He did mention it was only with the use of the star map that he could open the way back home."
Aleith|DM: It indeed appears to be a star map, though the configuration of the stars looks considerably different from the night sky today.
Chandrasekhar: "And that our stars were strange."
Phyllis: Is it still possible to tell which one is which, though?
Aleith|DM: Between Ernst and Phyllis, with the Star Map to help you (+5 to Arcana checks for this), about half a minute later you manage to shift them all to gold. The portal closes, and the gold seal kinda teeters.
Aleith|DM: Although now you have to walk out of the tunnel the long way.
Gerald: "Hmm."
Gerald: "All clear?"
Ernst breathes a sigh of relief. "I'm glad we sorted that out. Not that I didn't almost die already, but…"
Aleith|DM: The phasing pattern appears to have stopped as well.
Aleith|DM: The cleanup is going to take more than a few days.
Chandrasekhar: "Hopefully… things will calm down for a moment or two, now?"
Aleith|DM: Seems to have.
Gerald: "Dibs on not taking first shift on Saxby Hitsquad Watch."
Aleith|DM: The constables upstairs finished off the worm maw upstairs.
Aleith|DM: Though Carlao looks considerably beat up, much like Ernst.
Aleith|DM: The bronze ring on Saxby, by the way, was inscribed with 'Opportunity Begets Glory' on the inside, Garrett.
[OOC] Ernst: Asshole had a cleric right there
[OOC] Ernst: Didn't even get healed.
Gerald‘ flashes Carlao a thumbs up.
Aleith|DM: He did during the rounds I rolled afterwards :P
Garrett` took that to heart, clearly.
Zane kneels down to whisper to Saxby. "You are a traitor, a coward, and an oathbreaker. You know what I am, how I was trained. If you run, I will find you. When I find you I will cut your throat so deep they’ll think I was trying to carve my name on your spine. Do. Not. Test. Me."
Phyllis takes the few moments of respite they have to inhale and just let the adrenaline wear off.
Aleith|DM: A couple of days later, in a ceremony attended by dozens of reporters, most of Flint’s nobles, and more than a few concerned criminals, Lord Viscount Inspector Nigel Price-Hill charges Stover Delft with the office of Chief Inspector.
Aleith|DM: The Lord Viscount commends Delft in his opening remarks, and Flint’s Governor Roland Stanfield briefly congratulates you for their actions. Then it is time for Delft to speak. His words have been written for him, and they’re only noteworthy for how little is actually said. The official story is that a monster got free from an Ancient ruin, came to Flint, and killed people in an attempt to recover old relics.
Aleith|DM: No one says anything about any creatures from other worlds, or of Saxby’s betrayal, and certainly nothing about any secret conspiracies.
Phyllis: Curious.
Aleith|DM: However, before the ceremony, Delft pulls you each aside one-by-one, to let you know that he's going to everything you need to get to the bottom of this 'Obscurati' conspiracy. He warns you not to share anything you know with anyone aside from him, no matter how trustworthy they might seem.
Zane: "Sir, that's how we have been playing this from the get go."
Phyllis: "Sure. Where's Saxby being held?"
Gerald: "I wanted to ask the pseudo Immortal guy about them though…"
Garrett: "One step ahead there. I let you take all the credit for the takedown." He grinned, and quietly left, at that time.
Aleith|DM: He nods, asking you all to meet him aboard your ship the next day. "If we're lucky, the conspiracy doesn't know how much we've learned. They're probably overconfidant in their ability to keep secrets, but we have a time and a place where they'll be gathered: the 20th of Winter, in Vendricce. It's time to plan your next move."
Ernst: "Where did you send Saxby?"
Gerald: "We most of the people from the OB we ran into wound up dead anyway…" Gerald shrugs.
Gerald: "Though like, man, do you figure the Governer might know anything about this stuff? He's been alive for a long time, and I assume probably knows more about they Titans than we do, might have some idea of what the OB's deal is…?"
Aleith|DM: The interrogation with Saxby didn't reveal a whole lot, by the way. She thought she was just covering things up for Macbannin, and didn't know anything about a conspiracy. Just thought she was trading political favours with the man.
Zane: "Reminds me, I'll need a few days to go back to the swamp."
Aleith|DM: She got the ring from Macbannin, however.
Delft: "What about the Titans, specifically?"
Gerald: "Well I mean when he popped up out of the swamp it seemed like he knew what, uh, Sijhen was, and pretty specifically told us to go murder his ass asap."
Aleith|DM: Saxby was basically just planning to run for it and get the hell out of dodge when you arrested her.
Gerald: "So stands to reason they might know a bit about the seals, why they were made, why someone might wanna pop one open, that sort of thing?"
Delft shrugs. "Probably could tell it wasn't from this world. We don't really know much about the Titans. They don't care much about the affairs of mortals as long as we keep them appeased."
Gerald: "This is feeling like the sort of event that might make 'em frown and thus more willing to talk,"
Gerald: "Though admittedly I've only ever seen the one for like five minutes."
Phyllis: "Well, killing Sijhen should get the Voice of Rot off of breathing down our necks, at least."
Garrett: "I'm not all too eager to go back to the ziggurat and find out, myself…"
Zane: "That's why I'm going back to the swamp. To make sure it knows."
Garrett: "Right on, go for it."
Phyllis: "Zane."
Phyllis: "Zane."
Zane: "Yes?"
Phyllis: "Us robed types have a certain long-distance method of communication."
Phyllis: "It'll take five minutes, not a several days' trip to desolate trap-filled ruins."
Zane: "No offense, because gods know you are terrifying when angry, but I'm doing it face to face as a sign of respect."
Zane: "Rather than just mailing it a letter."
Chandrasekhar: "It is a ritual, and must be observed."
Garrett: "No, the ritual is what Phyllis was talking about."
Phyllis: "Right, a sending is a ritual."
Phyllis: "Thank you, Garrett."
Delft: "We can discuss this tomorrow. It can help throw people of your trail, at least. Keep them distracted from what you're really doing, Zane."
Chandrasekhar shakes his head and sighs.
Phyllis: "But fair enough."
Zane nods. "I was going to make a pretty big prodiction out of it, relatively. Returning things back to the dig, et cetera et cetera."
Phyllis: "Somehow I don't think Granny Allswell would appreciate a similar kind of message."
Delft: "Stock up for your trip, because it'll be hard to get supplies to you while you're on the train. We're allotting 9,600 gold pieces to each of you for preparations."
Aleith|DM: You level up to 8.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License