Zg Session 27

Xambria: "Oh, I got it! Sijhen doesn’t care about the train because it plans to leave, and bring an invasion back. It planned to get captured, and I’m not really in control. Oh, bloody—"
A sudden wave of extraplanar energy washes over you, pouring out of the stone walls to the south. You stagger at the sudden sense of dislocation, and as you struggle to regain your senses, every inanimate object around you not carried or worn turns impossibly translucent. You can see through stone, down to the sewer, out to the under-construction subrail tunnel, sideways to the band of black-clad murderers sneaking into the basement, up to the ground floor and all your equally confused coworkers.
And then the world turns transparent, nothing but contour lines and faded textures. The sight is too much for your mind to grasp, and vertigo drops you to your knees. But you do see one thing clearly. Xambria stands, jumps into the ceiling, digs fingers into invisible handholds, and pulls herself up through solid stone to the ground floor.
Your vertigo passes, and the world has started to darken back to translucence, and further still to solidity. But you can feel another wave coming, and for a moment, when everything was transparent, you saw monsters flying through the building above.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 26:Garrett | 25:Gerald | 21:Zane | 19:Phyllis | 11:Ernst | 10:Delft | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Gerald‘ puts a hand to a wall as he takes a few seconds to steady himself and get his baring back.
Garrett: "Oh, damn-"
Phyllis whirls on Delft, eyeing his reaction.
Gerald: "Yup. Today is definitely a shoot to kill kind of day."
Aleith|DM: He seems to be reeling from the disorientation, worse than the rest of you.
Zane sways and shakes his head, clearing the disorientation. "I think I really am going to kill someone tonight. Sorry, boss."
Delft: "No, this is an emergency. I’ll-validate it. Monsters can go to hell. Try to take at least some intruders alive, though."
Phyllis: That's good enough to sate her for now. She's had her suspicions, but they don't seem well-founded.
Gerald: "We'll see."
Garrett: "What a mess." With that, he hustles off. [Double Move]
Chandrasekhar: "Dear goddess."
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Chandrasekhar staggers to his feet. He really should have seen this coming, but why would Sijhen want to be -here-?
Gerald‘ runs up the stairs and stops in front of the door [Double Move], before taking a deep bretah and preparing to lay waste to a lot of mother fuckers. [Cobra Spiting Stance]
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Aleith|DM: Door’s closed, would take a minor to open it by the way.
Aleith|DM: I'll let someone do it during their move action if they have the movement to get past Gerald, however.
Zane runs up the stairs behind the others, rolling past Gerald with ease in the confined space to hit the door and roll into the hallway. [double move, minor]
Aleith|DM: Zane, turns out one of those Eyes you found back at the ziggurat is in front of you when you get out of the stairwell.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Zane: "Shit, we've got contact in the hall."
Phyllis moves up the stairs and places her [Mage Hand] just outside the door.
Gerald: "S'why I didn't open it yeah."
[OOC] Phyllis: Double Move, Minor
Aleith|DM: The eye of madness sneds a Horrid Hallucination towards Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 14 ( Total: 23 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+4 and got 5, 3 ( Total: 12.0 ) **
Aleith|DM: 12 damage as Zane staggers through a nightmare and slides 2 squares east!
Aleith|DM: 12 psychic*
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Aleith|DM: The lights in the hallway across the floor burst, throwing the east side into darkness
Phyllis: "That seems == familiar."
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: he's AFK - someone move his piece?
Aleith|DM: Ernst double-moves.
Aleith|DM: Delft staggers up the steps some. [Move, Full Defence]
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar?
Chandrasekhar runs towards the staircase and then displaces himself up the rest of it, which is honestly his favourite thing to do with that ability, then [Divine Challenge]s the eye.
Aleith|DM: There's a couple of staffers in the hallway, huddled in fear.
Ernst also activates his [Repulsion Armor] for good measure and +7 THP.
Chandrasekhar: "Try to evacuate as quickly and safely as you can! You may want to consider using the windows, though!"
Aleith|DM: Alright! Round 2! The walls turn translucent. You can see up to the 2nd level, and there seems to be another of those Worm Maws lurking in the hallway there.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 27:Eye of Madness B | 26:Garrett | 25:Gerald | 21:Zane | 19:Phyllis | 16:Eye of Madness A | 11:Ernst | 10:Delft | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Gerald‘ frowns as Chandrasekhar pops up in front of him. "I wish I could do that."
Ernst: "If only, right?"
Aleith|DM: Looks like there’s another of those eyes of madness in one of the guard rooms, and the two guards in there charge each other and take themselves out.
Chandrasekhar blinks a few times, disoriented, then notices _all of this other mohya_ fucking around and says something rude under his breath.
Garrett‘ thinks fairly hard at the Eye of Madness A. [Thoughtform CHA - vs Fort]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+6 and got 20 ( Total: 26 )
Aleith|DM: Eye of Madness B floats towards another staffer.
Aleith|DM: Garret crits!
Aleith|DM: it’s solid
Ernst chews at his lip. "Do you think I should be rushing Saxby's office with all of you guys or should I stop all our coworkers from dying on the floor? I don't want you to jump into more than you can chew and not have me around to patch you up."
Garrett‘ moves in for the carves. [Piercing Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+16 and got 7 ( Total: 23 ) for vs Ref
Phyllis: "You’re with us."
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Gerald: "I'm goin' up at least."
Garrett‘ rolled 1d4+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14 )
Also rolled 2d6 and got 1, 3 [Total: 4]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 18
Zane: "You lot clear the floor, I don’t want our associates lying around bleeding when those killers get here."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ fires off a [Twin Shot] first and foremost -
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 18 ( Total: 30 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 20 [Total: 32]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 62
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 1 ( Total: 13 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 6 [Total: 18]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 31
Aleith|DM: Hit/crit, miss!
Gerald` rolled d6+21 and got 2 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
[OOC] Phyllis: Just one d6? Don’t you have a +2 weapon by now?
[OOC] Gerald: oh right
Gerald‘ rolled d6 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Gerald` then moves down the hallway before taking a moment to center himself for the coming assault. [Oakskin]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 24!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane flicks a dagger at the Eye of Madness… [RBA]
Zane rolled d20+13 and got 9 ( Total: 22 )
Zane kills it. [Death Attack]
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Aleith|DM: yes, yes you do.
Zane moves down the hall and focuses on the other Eye. [Move, minor to Thoughtform]
Zane rolled d20+6 and got 17 ( Total: 23 ) for vs Fort
Aleith|DM: It’s solid!
Aleith|DM: You hear the doorway to the morgue open.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis can just barely reach the Eye at the far end of the hallway with an [Illusory Ambush]. (Though she does dismiss and resummon her [Mage Hand] before she starts moving.)
Phyllis rolled d20+11 and got 18 ( Total: 29.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: That's Single Target?
[OOC] Phyllis: Yep
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled d6+10 and got 5 ( Total: 15.0 ) for Psychic damage, -2 to attack rolls UEoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!
Aleith|DM: Zane, Gerald, you notice some movement in the darkness, although you can't really make it out more than humanoid shapes.
Zane: "Shit."
Phyllis: "Sunrods at the ready?"
Gerald: "Hmm."
Chandrasekhar brandishes his glowing-ass sword, as one does.
Aleith|DM: The gaslit lamps above Gerald and Zane explode with frigid energy. They each take 9 cold damage! The staffer goes down! [Shatter the Light]
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst drops down his robot on the stairs before nodding. "You're gonna make sure all our prisoners don't find a way to break out during this." He then moves towards [Eye of Madness B] as his robot goes downstairs. He fires a [Magic Weapon] at it.
Zane: "Fuck sake!"
Ernst rolled 2#d20+13(1) and got 5 ( Total: 18.0 ) for Magic Weapon
Also rolled 2#d20+13(2) and got 5 [Total: 18.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 36.0, Avg: 5.00
Gerald: "Yup someone is definitely fucking getting a bullet in the head today."
[OOC] Ernst: … Heroic whatever
Aleith|DM: At least the eye is in the light, so you don't have a problem aiming at it.
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Ernst rolled d8+7 and got 3 ( Total: 10.0 ) for -1 AC on target
Phyllis glances up at the light. "Hm. Like in Kell's stronghold."
[OOC] Ernst: +1 to hit for Gerald, +3 dmg for Gerald
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 10!
Zane slides a sealed pouch around from the back of his belt to the front. "Yep."
Chandrasekhar: "I'm willing to put money down on this being Kell's operation."
Gerald: "Huh?"
Phyllis: "When we went to rescue von Recklinghausen."
Aleith|DM: Delft runs up the stairs, yelling, "alright men, snap out of it! We've got trouble afoot, so help your fellows out of the building and let us handle it!"
Gerald‘ squints at the ceiling. "Honestly don’t remember. Been a busy few months."
Phyllis: "I'm bitter. They kept doing the same thing to my conjurations."
Phyllis: "Mages hold grudges over counterspells."
Aleith|DM: Zane, you see someone charging you as they cross from dark area to another. "Lorcan Kell sends his regards. Do you like our new friends?"
Aleith|DM: He seems to stagger as he runs through the light though.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 18 ( Total: 29 ) for charging
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+7 and got 3, 8 ( Total: 18.0 )
Aleith|DM: 18 damage to Zane!
Gerald: "Are you fucking kidding me. KELL?"
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar?
Chandrasekhar: "Called that."
Phyllis: "Not a fan."
Aleith|DM: You hear someone shouting from the back, "Quiet! We have a strict no-gloating protocol."
Ernst interrupts the attack on Zane with an Energy Conversion. [Zane takes 8 less damage from that attack and gains 13 THP after it is resolved]
Zane snarls. "I do not have TIME for your SHIT right now!" [Bloodied, +5 THP]
Garrett: "Even signed it, huh…?"
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Zane are you still bloodied after Ernst's thing goes off
Zane: (yeah)
Chandrasekhar raises his glowing sword high, and a vestige of Srasama briefly glows in the hallway. [Hands of Retribution - 4 fire and radiant damage to the thing that hit Zane]
Aleith|DM: The Killer reels from the damage! [9! Vulnerable 5 radiant, slowed UEoNT]
Chandrasekhar then runs in behind Gerald and charges Killer D.
Zane: "My hero."
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 12 ( Total: 22 )
Gerald‘ presses himself back up against the wall as the Eladrin comes barrelling through.
Aleith|DM: Hit, despite the darkness!
Aleith|DM: wait no your sword glows
Aleith|DM: You see him perfectly fine
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+6+5 and got 1 ( Total: 7 ) for +2 to saving throws until start of my next turn, vuln radiant 3 which may not matter since it already is, +2 to all defenses untilt he sytart of my next turn
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: 12, sugarlips is drunk
[OOC] Ernst: You have to !sugar if you want to add more than one thing roll doesn’t support it
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: fml
Chandrasekhar also, [Divine Challenge]s it.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12!
Aleith|DM: Another one of them walks up and stabs the Eye of Madness.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 7 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: Or tries, anyway.
Chandrasekhar: "You idiots have -no- idea what you've gotten yourselves into, but I've gotta admit, I've been looking forward to the chance to take you out."
Phyllis: "You're not - in league with them?"
Phyllis gestures between the killer and the eye.
Ernst: "I think they're just here to fuck us up."
Garrett: "Everyone wants a piece of us today, I swear."
Ernst: "They aren't with Xambria."
Chandrasekhar: "Clusterfuck error in our favour. Don't question it."
Ernst: "I mean, if I saw my enemies HQ going to shit I'd certainly jump in head first."
Gerald: "Really low odds they just happened to plan an assault on HQ the same fucking day the walls turn invisible conincidentally."
Aleith|DM: Round 3! Everything's transparent. Everyone has thoughtform! …well, except that eye of madness, it's still solid…
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 27:Eye of Madness B | 26:Garrett | 26:Ob ShadowWalker | 25:Gerald | 22:Ob Killer F | 21:Zane | 20:Ob Killer A | 19:Phyllis | 18:Ob Killer C | 12:Ob Killer E | 11:Ernst | 11:Ob Nethermancer | 10:Delft | 10:Ob Killer D | 7:Chandrasekhar | 5:Ob Killer B |
Gerald: "Happening too fast."
Phyllis: "An assault? This wouldn't be the first time."
Aleith|DM: The eye of madness looks confused
Aleith|DM: The eye lets loose a Burst of Terror!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 14 ( Total: 23 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+4 and got 4, 5 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM: dealing 13 psychic damage to the Killer and inflicting it with Psychic Madness!
Aleith|DM: (Killer B that is)
Phyllis: "You were here to silence Kaja, too, weren't you?"
Phyllis: "You're the shadows the other prisoner witnessed."
Aleith|DM: Another one, this one a half-elf, walks forward. "That was my job."
Aleith|DM: He stabs the eye with a shortsword.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 9 ( Total: 22 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+7 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 14.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ dashes forward and thinks really hard at… Ob Killer D?! [Thoughtform CHA Minor - vs Ref]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+6 and got 1 ( Total: 7 ) for vs Ref
Phyllis: "Why are you here tonight, then? To try and silence Sijhen?"
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Garrett: "Tried." He tosses a dagger at Killer D! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+12 and got 18 ( Total: 30 )
Garrett` rolled 1d4+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 )
Killer D: "We got word that your boss talked to you, and now it’s time to end the lot of you!"
Ernst: "If they are, I have no idea why we're fighting."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12!
[OOC] Garrett: 13
Aleith|DM: err yes
Gerald: "I… Did that make sense to anyone else?"
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Ernst: "They want to kill us. That's the only part I care about."
Aleith|DM: The voice from the back sighs. "Just shut up and kill them all!"
Gerald: "Zane, want I should mow these guys down or priority on the brainpire?"
Chandrasekhar: "You can certainly have fun trying."
Phyllis: "I think whatever monitoring they have in place is … suspect. We haven't talked to Saxby. But the monster knows what Caius knew."
Phyllis: "The greater threat's upstairs. Wouldn't you agree?"
Garrett: "Let's try not to leave our flanks open?" :
Garrett: "Please off some of these idiots and let's work our way upstairs."
Gerald: "Don't needs stairs but alright." Quarry, twin shot.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 17 ( Total: 29 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 3 [Total: 15]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 44
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 8 ( Total: 20 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 19 [Total: 31]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 51
Aleith|DM: Hit, 2 hits!
Chandrasekhar: "Zane, stay close."
Gerald` rolled 1d8+5 and got 5 ( Total: 10 )
Also rolled 3d8+5 and got 7, 3, 3 [Total: 18]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 28
Zane growls in reply.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 28! Bloodied
Aleith|DM: The eye is insubstantial again.
Gerald` then pulls himself up Chandrasekhar’s back, then shoulders, and pulls himself up through the third floor.
Aleith|DM: But, I mean, so are you…?
Gerald: "Ya'll catch up."
Aleith|DM: Yeah sure I won't call for an Atheltics check like that.
Chandrasekhar: "That wasn't intensely weird at all."
Aleith|DM: The killers seem a bit taken aback by this.
Killer B: "…what?"
Aleith|DM: The shadow walker just raises an eyebrow.
Phyllis: "That isn't your doing?"
Chandrasekhar: "Told you this wasn't amateur hour, gentlemen."
Aleith|DM: You see another killer head into the other guard room and take out a guard.
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Aleith|DM: You hear another voice in the darkness. "Wait, this isn't the normal thing when you guys come through the gate?"
Zane knifes Killer D in the throat. Where is he even getting these knives from? [MBA]
Aleith|DM: That long-suffering voice sighs again. Let's just call him the Nethermancer. "No, you idiot. Something else is in play."
Phyllis: "What gate?"
Zane rolled d20+13 and got 8 ( Total: 21 )
Zane kills him. [Death Attack]
Garrett: "You guys picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue."
Chandrasekhar has learned not to question where Zane gets all the knives from.
Zane: "You really. Really. REALLY. Picked the WORST POSSIBLE NIGHT for this."
Aleith|DM: Don't ask. Although the killers seem to have a Whole Lotta Knives, too. He clatters heavily to the ground as he drops and several knives fall out onto the floor.
Aleith|DM: Yes, that's the name of their melee basic attack.
Zane flicks one of the scattered knives up off the floor with the toe of his boot, catching it deftly. "Run. Or die."
Aleith|DM: Killer A heads into the morgue's corridor.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis: "I like that you're all nice and huddled up."
Chandrasekhar: "This is gonna be good."
[OOC] Phyllis: Lemme know how many attack rolls I actually need to make with that AoE.
Aleith|DM: 8
Aleith|DM: You hit all of the Ob agents
Aleith|DM: and the Eye
Phyllis places an illusion in the hallway, tailored to each person's innermost desire. Gold, secrets, … whatever lurks in the heart of the eye. [Visions of Avarice] "Apet, The Bleak Gate, our realm. It's a lively bunch tonight. The Dreaming can't make it, but it sends its regards." [AP->Sleep]
[OOC] Phyllis: Also, Glib Tongue], which just applies to Sleep.
Phyllis rolled 6d20+11 and got 19, 16, 14, 12, 12, 6 ( Total: 90.0 ) for Visions of Avarice part 1
Chandrasekhar who-has-two-thumbs gesture at himself.
Phyllis rolled 2d20+11 and got 18, 18 ( Total: 47.0 ) for Visions of Avarice part 2
[OOC] Phyllis: … guh whoops should have been 6# and 2#
Aleith|DM: honestly those rolls though
Zane: "You dont count, Singh. Too much iron."
Aleith|DM: Hits everyone
Aleith|DM: I'm just gonna unhide the other three now
Phyllis: Pulls them all 4 squares closer to the center of the zone! Also, Immobilizes (save ends).
Garrett: "Tag 'em and bag 'em."
Chandrasekhar: "Ugh, don't remind me."
Phyllis rolled 6#d20+13(1) and got 1 ( Total: 14.0 ) for +2 from Glib Tongue
Also rolled 6#d20+13(2) and got 17 [Total: 30.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+13(3) and got 12 [Total: 25.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+13(4) and got 10 [Total: 23.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+13(5) and got 10 [Total: 23.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+13(6) and got 7 [Total: 20.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 135.0, Avg: 9.50
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+13(1) and got 19 ( Total: 32.0 ) for Sleep Part 2
Also rolled 2#d20+13(2) and got 17 [Total: 30.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 62.0, Avg: 18.00
Aleith|DM: ….hits
Aleith|DM: You're not calling them so I was going Eye, Killers, Shadow Walker, Nethermancer btw
Zane: "Hey boss? How many of these will you clear? I've only got so many handcuffs…"
Delft: "Honestly, you probably want the one calling the shots, maybe 1 or 2 of the others."
Delft: "The rest can take a dirt nap."
Zane spins his borrowed knife. "It's Yule come early."
[OOC] Phyllis: Amulet of Elegy] gives them all -2. [Orb of Imposition] and [Orb of Mental Dominion] on the Nethermancer to also give it -4 total and roll twice, take the lower. Slowed (Save Ends), Sleep (Save Ends) on the first failed roll.
Chandrasekhar leers at Zane.
Aleith|DM: Rude.
Garrett: "Morgue'll actually be at capacity for once."
Aleith|DM: Killer C snarls, pulls out a knife, then throws it at Phyllis.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 19 ( Total: 27 ) for long range
Phyllis: "Pfft."
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+7 and got 1, 3 ( Total: 11.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting Phyllis for 11!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 15 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM: And he saves.
Phyllis: Against what? Slow or Immobilize?
Phyllis: He's under both.
Aleith|DM: that was the -2
Aleith|DM: so the slow
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 19 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: And the immobilize
Aleith|DM: Please start tagging the other 7 with both statii
Aleith|DM: just the symbols is fine
Aleith|DM: ……
Aleith|DM: ANd then he stabs the Shadow Walker [Paranoia]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 17 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+7 and got 1, 4 ( Total: 12 )
Aleith|DM: Stabbing him for 12!
Shadow Walker: "Shit! Kill that damn monster!"
Aleith|DM: Killer E throws a knife at the Eye
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 14 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+7 and got 6, 4 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: Killing it.
Dicebot:// Modifier Error: Unable to parse -2 in d20-2
Aleith|DM rolled d20 and got 18 ( Total: 18 ) for Immobilize, Sleep
d20-2: 9 [Total: 7.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 25.0, Avg: 13.50
Aleith|DM: //Knocked out!

Aleith|DM: The Worm Maw floats towards Gerald-
Gerald‘ slides back down the hallway a bit as he opens fire on the worm for daring to approach. [Fading Strike Is A Basic]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+13(1) and got 18 ( Total: 31 )
Also rolled 2#d20+13(2) and got 11 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 55
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 2d8+9 and got 4, 2 ( Total: 15 )
Aleith|DM: And you moved just far enough away that-it charges you with its next action. [Grasping Tentacle]\
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: But misses
Gerald` steps behind a wall briefly. "Nyagh,:
Phyllis: "The chaos and disorder that your kind sow - "
Phyllis readies her next spell with a flourish. " - will be brought to heel!"
Aleith|DM: The nethermancer sweeps his orb, and insubstantial black tendrils reach up from the ground and snare you. [Tendrils of Shadow]
Nethermancer: "Two can play at this game."
Chandrasekhar: "Yeaaaaah but one of you is way better at it, sorry."
Aleith|DM rolled 5#d20+12(1) and got 5 ( Total: 17.0 ) for vs Ref, Chandra, Ernst, Garrett, Phyllis, Zane
Also rolled 5#d20+12(2) and got 5 [Total: 17.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+12(3) and got 18 [Total: 30.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+12(4) and got 17 [Total: 29.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+12(5) and got 5 [Total: 17.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 110.0, Avg: 10.00
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+9 and got 2, 5 ( Total: 16.0 )
Phyllis: "A feeble last-ditch effort."
Aleith|DM: 16 necrotic/cold damage to Garrett and Phyllis, and both are restrained (save ends)!
Aleith|DM rolled d20 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for Immobilize, Sleep
d20-2: 16 [Total: 14.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 17.0, Avg: 9.50
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: either of you bleeding?
Aleith|DM: err that was -4 but doesn’t matter I guess
[OOC] Phyllis: Roll the -4 one twice.
[OOC] Phyllis: Take the lower.
Aleith|DM: ….
Aleith|DM rolled d20-4 and got 5 ( Total: 1 )
Aleith|DM: well
Aleith|DM: he's unconcious
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst tosses a [Curative Admixture] at Zane. [+23 HP] He then lines up a [Warweavers Tether] at the Worm Maw with Gerald as the point of origin.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+13(1) and got 6 ( Total: 19.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+13(2) and got 18 [Total: 31.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 50.0, Avg: 12.00
Ernst rolled 3d8+10 and got 8, 2, 2 ( Total: 22.0 ) for Push back the maw 3 squares
Gerald: "God dammit can EVERYONE BUT ME teleport? So unfair!"
Zane: "I can't!"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 22!
Ernst: "I'm still down here bro. I was going to teleport later since you're tethered to me."
Ernst: "Going to toss a heal in a few again and then come up."
Gerald: "Also uh this should go without saying but EVERYONE OUT OF THE BUILDING!" a pointed look to the staffer beside him.
Ernst remains on ground level this round. Even without insubstantial he can get up there now.
Phyllis: "I haven't bothered to do so yet, Gerald."
Phyllis shrugs. "I've had more important tricks to learn."
Aleith|DM: Delft knocks on the door beside him after moving up, yelling at the guard in there to get out of the building. He then lines up a shot on the Shadow Walker.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 12 ( Total: 25 )
Gerald: "ALSO YOU ASSHOLES WITH REAL COMBAT TRAINING, THERE'S A GIANT EVIL WORM I WANT YOU TO KILL!" Gerald shouts, towards Dima, Carlao and Serena.
Aleith|DM: Oh right, Chandrasekhar, your light goes out by the way
Aleith|DM: Tendril of Shadows: All light sources in the burst are suppressed, and light from outside the zone cannot make the zone brighter than “dimly lit.” Enemies treat the area as difficult terrain. Any enemy that ends its turn in the zone is attacked by the zone’s secondary attack.
Aleith|DM: They come out of their confusion, looking through the wall and staring at you for a bit.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM: The three constables look at each other and then nod. Carlao throws you a thumbs up and then starts grabbing his stuff off of his desk.
Gerald: "Don't worry about the distance to much, just swing as feels natural and you'll more or less cover whatever ground you think you're seeing."
Gerald: "Shit's annoying but you'll deal."
Chandrasekhar: "Ugh…"
Aleith|DM rolled 2d4+12 and got 2, 1 ( Total: 15.0 ) for Forgot to roll damage for Delft
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!] to the shadow walker, and he's knocked prone from Delft's pistol shot!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Disorientating Strike
Chandrasekhar runs in and charges Killer B. [Charge: Virtuous Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 3 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM: Miss.
Aleith|DM: The Killer barely manages to swerve out of the way, held fast with Phyllis' spell.
Chandrasekhar snarls a [Call of Challenge] then for anything left awake.
Aleith|DM: Killer B retaliates with a knife stab!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 14 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: Did your +2 defences end already?
Chandrasekhar re-applied them by charging again. B)
Aleith|DM: He also misses!
Aleith|DM: A couple of staffers start heading for the exit, while a couple of Flying Things fly into the 2nd floor!
Aleith|DM: Round 4! The walls turn back to merely translucent. Thoughtform falls off of everyone by the monsters.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 27:Ob ShadowWalker | 26:Garrett | 25:Gerald | 24:Flying Thing B | 22:Ob Killer F | 21:Zane | 20:Ob Killer A | 19:Phyllis | 19:Flying Thing A | 18:Ob Killer C | 12:Ob Killer E | 11:Ernst | 11:Worm Maw | 10:Delft | 7:Chandrasekhar | 5:Ob Killer B |
Aleith|DM: The shadow walker snarls and stabs his sword at Chandrasekhar
[OOC] Phyllis: Did killer B roll for their saves?
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 17 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM: Hmmm no
Aleith|DM rolled d20 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
d20-2: 16 [Total: 14.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 19.0, Avg: 10.50
Aleith|DM: Immobilized but not asleep for Killer B
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+7 and got 6, 3 ( Total: 16.0 )
Aleith|DM: Chandra is stabbed for 16 damage!
Aleith|DM rolled d20 and got 12 ( Total: 12 )
d20-2: 14 [Total: 12.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 24.0, Avg: 13.00
Aleith|DM: And he's fine.
Aleith|DM: but still prone.
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ attempts to throw his magic dagger at Killer B! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+8 and got 12 ( Total: 20 )
Garrett: "Still got it."
Garrett` rolled 1d4+12 and got 3 ( Total: 15 )
Garrett` rolled 1d20 and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for save vs Immobilize
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!
[OOC] Garrett: vs restrained that is
Aleith|DM rolled d20+12 and got 17 ( Total: 29 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Garret, you take 9 necrotic/cold damage and are restrained UEoNT.
Aleith|DM: As the tendrils of shadow wrap around you again.
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
[OOC] Phyllis: Can … can they make a secondary attack while unconscious?
Aleith|DM: The zone is making secondary attacks
Aleith|DM: lasts until end of encounter
[OOC] Garrett: it’s a secondary effect of the aoe
Gerald‘ moves up the hallway a bit and Thinks very loudly at the Flying Thing A.
Gerald` rolled d20+6 and got 18 ( Total: 24 ) for vs Fort
[OOC] Garrett: we’re literally stuck until this thing stops making successful reflex attacks
[OOC] Phyllis: :(
Gerald‘ then fills it full of lead as it becomes solid. [Two-Fanged Strike]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 18 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 46
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 11 ( Total: 23 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 9 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 44
Aleith|DM: 1 hit, 2 hits!@
Gerald` rolled d8+9 and got 6 ( Total: 15 )
Also rolled 2d8+12 and got 1, 3 [Total: 16]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 31
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 31!
[OOC] Garrett: I don’t know, does killing the caster end the effect too…?
Aleith|DM: Sadly not since it's a zone.
Ernst: How high is the distance from the floor to the ceiling btw
[OOC] Ernst: Fuck OOC
Aleith|DM: 10 feet
Aleith|DM: Flying Thing B swoops in and strikes at Gerald with its trunk! [Trunk and Beak]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 3 ( Total: 14 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Gerald‘ fires a shot as it moves in!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 14 ( Total: 26 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 17 [Total: 29]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 55
Gerald` rolled 2d8+9 and got 6, 7 ( Total: 22 )
Aleith|DM: Hits! [11]!
Gerald: "Whoops wrong one, whatever."
Aleith|DM: Killer F throws a knife around the corner at Chandrasekhar.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 7 ( Total: 15 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM rolled d20 and got 12 ( Total: 12 )
d20-2: 13 [Total: 11.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 23.0, Avg: 12.50
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Chandrasekhar bares his teeth. It’s not a smile.
Gerald: "Oh by the way,"
Gerald: "If you guys think really loudly at the insubstantial crap it sometimes goes solid."
Zane hurls himself down the hallway towards the killers, drawing his sword and cutting into Killer B. [Charge!]
Zane: (I always forget if charge is +to hit or +damage)
Aleith|DM: +1 to hit
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Wait fuck it -is-? I thought it was just +damage dice
Zane rolled d20+14 and got 11 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 2d10+8 and got 3, 9 ( Total: 20.0 ) for Furious Assault, Attack Finesse
Also rolled 1d8 and got 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 24.0, Avg: 5.33
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 24! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Killer A throws a knife at Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 10 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: wait that was a terrible idea
Aleith|DM: ZAP
Chandrasekhar: "Heh heh heh."
Aleith|DM: How much again?
Aleith|DM rolled d20 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
d20-2: 14 [Total: 12.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 16.0, Avg: 9.00
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: 7 radiant by default
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12!] Slowed UEoNT!
Aleith|DM: Flying Thing A sends a Ray of Dark and Light at Gerald!
Zane snorts. "I see kell hired this lot for their brains as well as their throwing arms…"
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 5 ( Total: 14 ) for vs ref
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis sustains the zone, not that … anyone needs pulling into it any further. [So We Can Actually Skip The Attack From the Sustain Minor]
Aleith|DM: sure
Phyllis tilts her head at Killer C, considering.
[OOC] Phyllis: Dwarven Resilience] [Charm of the Defender] "You. Help us out."
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 10 ( Total: 19.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Hit :(
[OOC] Phyllis: I could Slide it, but I won't] [Immobilized UEoPNT] [Also, When Someone Starts Its Turn Adjacent To Them, They Make An MBA With +2/+2
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for save vs Restrained
Aleith|DM: Saved!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+12 and got 16 ( Total: 28 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: 9 necrotic/cold, restrained UEoNT
Aleith|DM: Killer C throws a knife at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14 )
Aleith|DM: Missing.
Chandrasekhar: "Nice try."
Aleith|DM: He snarls, and gives you the finger.
Chandrasekhar smiles brightly.
Aleith|DM: Serena steps out of the room, performing a Lunging Strike on Flying Thing A before stepping back into the room.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+12 and got 7 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: Barely missing.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
Aleith|DM: Killer E snores.
Aleith|DM: The worm maw moves up and-
Aleith|DM rolled d20+19 and got 17 ( Total: 36 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Grabs the RHC Staffer.
Aleith|DM: RIP
Gerald‘ winces.
Aleith|DM rolled d20 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
Also rolled 2d20 and got 2, 9 [Total: 11 (Low), Avg: 5.50]
Total: 19, Avg: 6.33
Aleith|DM: The nethermancer snores.
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst tosses Garrett a [Restorative Infusion - +30 THP. You may spend a minor to transfer any amount of this THP to an ally within 5 squares.] and then tosses down a [Punishing Eye] near the ceiling of the first floor above the Obscurati. The eye should also be in range of Flying Thing A. Stocke moves around in the basement some more. Finally he teleports beside Gerald before smiling. "Miss me?"
[OOC] Phyllis: It snores, but … does Killer C help us out?
Aleith|DM: Oh right
[OOC] Phyllis: Same with E.
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 9 ( Total: 19.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 4 [Total: 14.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 33.0, Avg: 6.50
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+9 and got 7, 6 ( Total: 22.0 )
Aleith|DM: 22 to Killer E!
Gerald: "Only if you’re about to start blasting things."
[OOC] Phyllis: +2/2 to-hit and damage, +2 more from CA.
Aleith|DM: I did yeah
[OOC] Phyllis: … Wow.
Ernst: "Had to do that downstairs I'm afraid."
Aleith|DM: He's also marked
Ernst: "Let me ready another shot."
[OOC] Phyllis: Aha
Aleith|DM: I don't think that Punishing Eye normally goes through walls
Aleith|DM: but
Aleith|DM: The area is very weird right now
Aleith|DM: so sure let's go with it.
Aleith|DM: Dima shifts a bit, then tries this 'thinking' thing at Flying Thing B.
[OOC] Ernst: It's gone through walls in module 1 when I put it down against that guy that charged me in the side hallway and nearly killed me.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+7 and got 9 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM: …it's against Fort to remove THoughtform, right? It's solid!
[OOC] Gerald: yup
Dima: "Creation and destruction are always at war," he gestures at Flying Thing B. "But destruction usually wins." [Fire of Philosophy]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 9 ( Total: 19 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+8 and got 1, 2 ( Total: 11.0 )
Aleith|DM: 11 radiant damage, and Gerald gains 5 THP.
[OOC] Ernst: +4 psychic
Aleith|DM: Ah, yes.
Gerald: "Wh? Oh huh neat."
Aleith|DM: Delft takes a shot at the Killer B.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+12 and got 5 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: These guys have really low AC
[OOC] Ernst: +9 psychic
[OOC] Phyllis: broot broot broot
Aleith|DM rolled 2d4+12+9 and got 4, 4 ( Total: 29.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Delft: "Alright, you can take out the rest of Kell's men. The other two-at least one of them alive, please."
Garrett: "On it."
Phyllis: "The one with the orb seems like they'd know the score."
Aleith|DM: Carlao steps out of the room, swinging his longsword at Flying Thing B
Aleith|DM rolled d20+12 and got 2 ( Total: 14 )
Aleith|DM: But misses.
Zane points at the shadow walker and the nethermancer. "Those two."
Delft: "Exactly."
Zane: "Got it, boss."
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: sec
Chandrasekhar does a [Valorous Smite] on the Shadow Walker to keep divine challenge up on everything.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 9 ( Total: 19 )
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: 8g fuckign
Chandrasekhar does nothing, apparently.
Aleith|DM: Round 5! The walls are back to normal solidity.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 27:Ob ShadowWalker | 26:Garrett | 25:Gerald | 24:Flying Thing B | 22:Ob Killer F | 21:Zane | 20:Ob Killer A | 19:Phyllis | 19:Flying Thing A | 18:Ob Killer C | 12:Ob Killer E | 11:Ernst | 11:Worm Maw | 10:Delft | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: The shadow walker picks himself up, then -
Aleith|DM: wait
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 19 ( Total: 33 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+9 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 16.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!] "Damnit, the monster's already dead! STOP THAT!"
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: He strikes at Chandrasekhar! [Shadow Kidnap]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 8 ( Total: 19 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: But misses. The shadowy veil covering him reaches for the eladrin, but he swats it away.
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Phyllis: "Compulsion charms only prey on the desires that already exist in your heart. If there's enough of a foothold…"
Phyllis shrugs.
Garrett‘ wriggles! [Move - Escape Action]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+13 and got 7 ( Total: 20 ) for vs 21
Aleith|DM: You’re still held fast
Garrett‘ tosses a dagger at the Shadow Walker. [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+8 and got 11 ( Total: 19 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: The tendril of shadows dissapates.
Aleith|DM: You’re no longer restrained.
Aleith|DM: I have been rules-lawyered
Zane: (lolz)
Aleith|DM: You can move if you wish
Aleith|DM: Also, Gerald!
Garrett‘ goes "!!" and scrambles forward!
Gerald: "Uuugh okay screw these things. I got very specific assholes to kill." Gerald fires his shotgun directly into B’s face, while swinging his rifle around to tak a shot at A. [The Man With Two Guns Is God And Avoids Provoking OAs]
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 1 ( Total: 13 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 16 [Total: 28]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 41
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+13(1) and got 15 ( Total: 28 )
Also rolled 2#d20+13(2) and got 17 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 58
Aleith|DM: I think you only get one roll with the rifle, but 1 hit apiece
Gerald` rolled d8+5 and got 4 ( Total: 9.0 ) for [They Can’t Make OAs until the end of my next turn]
d10r1+5: 2 [Total: 7.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 16.0, Avg: 3.00
[OOC] Gerald: yeah habit haha)
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 9!] [7!
[OOC] Ernst: Eye
Aleith|DM: hmmm right
Aleith|DM: Both are Bloodied!
Gerald‘ then grumpily stalks down the hallway past the flyers, and marks Xambria as his [Quarry]. "YOU’RE NEXT YOU EXTRA DIMENSIONAL PEICE OF SHIT!" Gerald gestures threateningly with his shotgun.
Aleith|DM: Gerald, you see Saxby handing Sijhen a map of some kind.
Aleith|DM: Xambria looks over her shoulder, then gives a little wave and disappears.
Gerald‘ looks positively *livid*.
Aleith|DM: Saxby swears as she was starting to pull out her gun.
Gerald: "What did you just give you you gods damned hag?!"
Ernst: "The room is solid and the eye is blocking the exit, Gerald. Unless she goes through a solid wall again she can’t leave that room invisible."
Gerald: "Windows, Ernst."
Gerald: "Teleporting in general."
Ernst: "Shoot the first window that opens. I haven't seen them teleport yet."
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: which direction is it
Aleith|DM: Flying Thing B moves to flank, and strikes at Carlao!
Aleith|DM: Still in the same general area, Chandra.
Aleith|DM: Above you and a bit south-southeast
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: ok, so I don't notice it teleport away or change position noticeably, noted
[OOC] Phyllis: Yeah, I think it just had invisibility, judging from how it entered the museum.
Aleith|DM: Moved slightly, but wobbly…? It's kinda weird.
[OOC] Phyllis: Thought Fue was talking about the creatures before wrt invis/insub
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 10 ( Total: 23 )
[OOC] Gerald: always good to know though!
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+7 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 14.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!
Aleith|DM: Killer F throws a knife at Zane!
[OOC] Phyllis: And I still have Hunter's Blessing, since that lasts a full 24 hours. But I think walls get in the way of that?
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 17 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM: Yeah, you can't see her right now
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+7 and got 3, 5 ( Total: 15.0 )
Aleith|DM: 15 damage to Zane!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane slips between Chandra and the Shadow Walker, and calmly kicks the nethermancer while he's down. [MBA, Coup de Grace]
Zane rolled d20+15 and got 19 ( Total: 34 )
Aleith|DM: Well, that was nearly a crit in-and-of-itself
Zane: "Its not that I dont admire your work, Phyllis." *stomp* "But I dont want him waking up at an awkaward point."
Phyllis: "I'd be insulted if you just let him be, really."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+12 and got 11 ( Total: 23 )
Zane: "I just hate it when you pout, you know." He looks at the shadow walker. "If you so much as breathe wrong after this I will cut your throat from one side of your spine to the other. I dont *need* a second prisoner, but I'll take one for the kudos."
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+9+4 and got 8, 3 ( Total: 24.0 )
Aleith|DM: Killer C slashes into Killer A!
Aleith|DM: Killer A snarls and throws a knife at Zane.!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
Aleith|DM: But he's still stuck in place, and misses.
Zane catches it and tucks it into his belt. "I see we have our next contestant."
Aleith|DM: Flying Thing A also strikes at Carlao
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 8 ( Total: 21 )
Aleith|DM: Missing
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis sustains the zone. [Though Eye's in play now, so … even though no movement happens, it's phrased as 'an attack hits.']
Aleith|DM: …..
Aleith|DM: you're right.
Phyllis rolled 6#d20+11(1) and got 9 ( Total: 20.0 )
Also rolled 6#d20+11(2) and got 16 [Total: 27.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+11(3) and got 6 [Total: 17.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+11(4) and got 18 [Total: 29.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+11(5) and got 7 [Total: 18.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+11(6) and got 5 [Total: 16.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 127.0, Avg: 10.17
Aleith|DM: Vs will?
[OOC] Phyllis: Yup.
[OOC] Phyllis: Well, 5. Forgot the Nethermancer was down.
Aleith|DM: Hits! [4!] to all!
[OOC] Phyllis: … and probably doesn't take up space anymore.
Aleith|DM: Nope
Phyllis pulls E and F in then!
Phyllis also follows up with an [Illusory Ambush]. More eyes fly in!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 13 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM: On who?
Phyllis rolled 5#d20+11(1) and got 1 ( Total: 12.0 ) for Vs Will, can't make OAs UEoPNT
Also rolled 5#d20+11(2) and got 10 [Total: 21.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+11(3) and got 20 [Total: 31.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+11(4) and got 15 [Total: 26.0 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+11(5) and got 2 [Total: 13.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
[OOC] Phyllis: Er Winged Horde
Total: 103.0, Avg: 9.60
Aleith|DM: Oh okay
[OOC] Phyllis: I meant AoE-ville)
Aleith|DM: Misses the Shadow Walker!
Aleith|DM: Crits Killer C!
Phyllis rolled d6+6+4 and got 2 ( Total: 12.0 ) for Psychic damage, +5 for those that are vuln
[OOC] Phyllis: oh that's radiant not psychic
Aleith|DM: None are vulnerable to psychic, yeah
Phyllis rolled 2d6+12 and got 2, 2 ( Total: 16.0 ) for for the crit
[OOC] Phyllis: +4 to that crit too, didn't include Eye there
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12!][20!][12!][12!
Aleith|DM: E is bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Killer C shakes his head as he regains his senses, and slashes at Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 9 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: Saxby snarls as she looks around the room. "Where did that damn thing go?!"
Gerald: "Turned itself invisible. What did *you* give it?"
Saxby: "Some star map."
Gerald: "*Why*?"
Saxby: "She threatened me!"
Gerald‘ gives a flat, level stare at Saxby.
[OOC] Ernst: "She had half your HP!")
Gerald: "When the fuck have you ever been intimidated by ANYONE?"
Aleith|DM: Serena thinks at Flying Thing B.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 6 ( Total: 12 ) for vs Fort
Aleith|DM: Nope.
Aleith|DM: She stabs at Flying Thing A
Aleith|DM rolled d20+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: Damn it, woman.
Aleith|DM: Killer E stabs at Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 20 ( Total: 30 )
Yamobot: Aleith|DM rolled 8+8+7 -> {23}
Aleith|DM: For 23 damage!
Aleith|DM: The worm maw reaches for Ernst. [Grasping Tentacle]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 11 ( Total: 20 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: …just short.
Ernst: "Oh, bugger off. I’m busy!"
Aleith|DM: It tries again. [AP]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 1 ( Total: 10 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM:
Ernst: "Seriously!"
Ernst gives it a stare. "I'm trying to see through a robot and maintain my eye at the same time."
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst flips it the finger with an irritated expression before teleporting beside Gerald.
Ernst then waves a hand as his eye moves closer into the room.
Ernst has it go up to this level too.
Aleith|DM: I don't think it can go through walls, sorry.
Aleith|DM: Wait a few more rounds.
Ernst has it hug the ceiling then. Close enough.
Aleith|DM: Xambria's by the the eastern windows
Ernst: "Found her, Gerald."
Ernst: "Saxby if you want to redeem yourself I suggest you start shooting her."
Gerald‘ pumps his shotgun as the automatic ammo feeder kicks in.
Ernst: "Otherwise you’ll have to deal with Zane."
[OOC] Ernst: EoT if that wasn't clear.
Aleith|DM: Dima thinks at Flying Thing A again.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+7 and got 7 ( Total: 14 )
Aleith|DM: Misses, but he calls down Fire of Philosophy on it.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Delft shoots at the Shadow Walker.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 12 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d4+12 and got 2, 2 ( Total: 16.0 )
Phyllis: "Zane. Mind if I use your shoulders to get up to the ceiling in a few moments? You and Garrett are the best at climbing, if I recall."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!] and knocked prone again!
Zane: "If the world gets all morally flexible again, go ahead."
Aleith|DM: Carlao tries thinking at Flying Thing A
Aleith|DM rolled d20+5 and got 10 ( Total: 15 )
Aleith|DM: Then slashes at it.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+12 and got 18 ( Total: 30 )
Phyllis: "I'm assuming so until proven otherwise."
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+6 and got 3, 5 ( Total: 14.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 7!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar surrounds himself with a [Majestic Halo] and strikes at the Shadow Walker.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 5 ( Total: 15 )
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+11 and got 1, 4, 4 ( Total: 20 ) for half damage
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!] and slowed UEoNT!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Until the end of the encoutner anything that starts its turn next to me gets sanction
Aleith|DM: Oh dear
Aleith|DM: Round 6! Reality is still normal-adjacent.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 27:Ob ShadowWalker | 26:Garrett | 26:Xambria | 25:Gerald | 24:Flying Thing B | 22:Ob Killer F | 21:Zane | 20:Ob Killer A | 19:Phyllis | 19:Flying Thing A | 18:Ob Killer C | 12:Ob Killer E | 11:Ernst | 11:Worm Maw | 10:Delft | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: The shadow walker picks himself up, and stabs at Chandrasekhar.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 11 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+7 and got 3, 1 ( Total: 11.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 11!
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ barrels in and cuts at the Shadow Walker. [Clever Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+16 and got 20 ( Total: 36 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Crit!
Garrett: "Night-night."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Feel free to make an intimidate check as a minor action if you want.
[OOC] Phyllis: Oh please do.
Garrett: "Even in the darkness, you had to have seen that. Survival is only a guarantee if you surrender now."
Garrett` rolled 1d20+6 and got 14 ( Total: 20 )
Garrett: "Otherwise…" He wipes the blood from his dagger on his bracer, and gives a half-nod towards Zane.
Aleith|DM: The killers all put up there hands, dropping some knives.
Killer F: "Alright, ya got us."
Aleith|DM: Everyone Regains Encounter Powers.
Zane cracks his neck. "Smartest thing you people have done all night."
Phyllis: "Glad you see reason."
Aleith|DM: I know you’re in the middle of combat kinda-sorta with other things, but
[OOC] Zane: hey milestone, too :D
Aleith|DM: Nope
Aleith|DM: Need to Short Rest for that
[OOC] Zane: ah well
Aleith|DM: This is one long encounter basically
Phyllis lets her orb emit a few sparks of color. "Still had a few tricks up my sleeve. Shame you didn't get to see them."
Aleith|DM rolled d6 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
Aleith|DM: Xambria opens the window and jumps outside.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 12 ( Total: 27 ) for Acrobatics
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10-13 and got 5, 1 ( Total: -7.0 )
Aleith|DM: No damage.
Gerald: "SON OF A FUCKING BITCH, SHE JUMPED!"
Chandrasekhar: "Xambria just jumped out the window."
Zane: "Oh boy."
Chandrasekhar points in A Direction.
Gerald: "THRICE DAMNED INVISIBLE GHOST PEICE OF SHIT!"
Phyllis: "Fantastic."
Zane: "You got this? You got this."
Chandrasekhar south, even!
Chandrasekhar: "On a level with us, thataway."
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Garrett: "Right-!"
Gerald‘ runs into the room and to the window, scanning the area immediately around HQ. Looking for any tell tell signs - trails of cruched grass, broken glass, anything that looks even *slightly* off. (( It’s… I can attack something I know the general direciton of at a -5, right? ))
Aleith|DM: Perception?
Gerald‘ rolled d20+11 and got 7 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: You think she went around the corner to the south.
Gerald` fires off a Twin Shot using his intuition.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+7(1) and got 2 ( Total: 9 )
Also rolled 2#d20+7(2) and got 2 [Total: 9]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 18
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+7(1) and got 16 ( Total: 23 )
Also rolled 2#d20+7(2) and got 15 [Total: 22]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 45
Aleith|DM: All of the pellets land in the ground.
Gerald: "Shit. Shit!!!"
Ernst: "Think she bolted?"
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Gerald: "Why would she stick around if she got what she wanted?! Gods dammit!"
Aleith|DM: Flying Thing B shifts, strikes at Carlao.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 10 ( Total: 21 )
Aleith|DM: Misses.
Zane kicks open a door and goes through a window without a care in the world, heading outside to the corner of the building.
Zane rolled d20+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11 ) for Perception?
Aleith|DM: You’re not sure where she went.
Gerald: "I think she went south!"
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Aleith|DM: Flying Thing A shifts, strikes at Carlao.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+13 and got 12 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+7 and got 2, 5 ( Total: 14.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 14
Zane: "… Hija te malo puta. Singh, I need you." "
Phyllis follows suit behind Zane, sweeping the area to pinpoint where she might have gone. [Run, Double Move] [And … Perception.]
Chandrasekhar quirks the corners of his mouth up but manages to just reply with: "On my way, Bietto!"
Phyllis rolled d20+14 and got 4 ( Total: 18.0 ) for Hunter's Blessing replaces Perception with Arcana just for Sijhen.
Aleith|DM: You're not sure where she went.
Aleith|DM: Saxby sighs, leaning back against her desk.
Ernst: "What part of shoot her wasn't clear?"
Saxby: "I damn well can't see her now, can I?!"
Phyllis: "She can't get far."
Ernst: "She was visible before she jumped and I said I was going to give everyone a chance you should have readied a shot!"
Aleith|DM: To be fair you said that after her turn.
Gerald: "Three reasons not unload on you right now Saxby. We know you're caught up in this shit somehow, and we just saw you give an invader from another fucking plane a star map."
Aleith|DM: Serena thinks at Flying Thing A
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 2 ( Total: 8 )
Aleith|DM: She moves to flank, and stabs it. [Lunging Stab]
Phyllis: "Singh gives us a general direction. We'll eventually catch a sign of her."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+14 and got 17 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+6 and got 1, 4 ( Total: 11.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 9!
[OOC] Ernst: Eye
Aleith|DM: That's why it's 9]
[OOC] Ernst: OK
Saxby: "She threatened to kill me if I didn't! As for the other thing, I have no idea what you're talking about. Stand down now, young man, or you'll find out just how little influence you have here!"
Aleith|DM: The worm maw tries to grab Carlao
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 4 ( Total: 15 )
Ernst can't help but chuckle at the statement.
Ernst: "Yeah, Gerald. We're just rookies what do we know, right?" He grins.
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst adjusts the eyes position before sighing.
Gerald: "Oh yeah, because when people threaten you in your own fucking office you make a habit of backing down?! ESPECIALLY WHEN THE ENTIRE BUILDING TURNS SEE THROUGH You knew shit was going down you goddamn peice of shit! And fuck the obscurati!"
Gerald: "Don't give me that shit."
Ernst: "If she tried to circle around the building she should be in that radius still."
Saxby: "Don't you DARE take that tone of voice with me. I have ruined people's careers for less you little snot-nosed shit!"
Aleith|DM: She's not visible, Ernst.
Gerald: "I'll take whatever tone I want you goddamn crook! This isn't something you're going to be able to sweep under the rug!"
Ernst grumbles under his breath as Stocke moves along. [EoT]
Aleith|DM: Not helping the other constables at all with these monsters?
Ernst: I double moved the eye it only has 3 move per move action
Aleith|DM: o/
Aleith|DM: o7
Zane: (we just dealt with an entire goddamn army downstairs, these assholes can handle some trash mobs!)
Aleith|DM: Delft moves to start cuffing the Ob killers
Aleith|DM: They are
Aleith|DM: You can assume they'll take care of them
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar?
Chandrasekhar hauls ass to catch up with Zane and Phyllis, points in… A Direction! And squints in that direction, too. "I KNOW you're there! Stand and fight, damn you!"
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+5 and got 7 ( Total: 12 )
Chandrasekhar points southwest.
Aleith|DM: But the general direction is all you know
Chandrasekhar: "Damnit, where's she going…?"
Aleith|DM: Round 7! The ground turns translucent!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 26:Garrett | 26:Xambria | 25:Gerald | 24:Flying Thing B | 21:Zane | 20:Ob Killer A | 19:Phyllis | 19:Flying Thing A | 11:Ernst | 11:Worm Maw | 10:Delft | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ is the latest to parkour his way out of a window. [Run, Double Move] [Perception]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+9 and got 18 ( Total: 27 )
Garrett: "C’mon…where are you…"
Aleith|DM: She's…there!
Garrett: "-!" He signals with a point.
Garrett: "Go, go, I'll back you up." [Wall-Crawler's Guild]
Phyllis: "Distance?"
Garrett: "About-"
Aleith|DM: 20 feet southwest of you
Ernst: "Garrett open the god damn window!"
Aleith|DM rolled d6 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
Garrett: "Twenty feet, southwest, you've got one go at this!"
Aleith|DM: No you don't, she's gone.
Garrett: "…damn, no."
Garrett: "She's gone."
Phyllis: From that spot? Or …
Aleith|DM: Yeah. She moved.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Gone where?
Garrett: "She moved but…"
Chandrasekhar: "She went south!"
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ growls as he jumps over Saxby’s desk, sliding to a stop in front of the window as he unslings his rifle, then fires off a twin shot pot shot in the general direction people are shouting. Maybe he'll get lucky.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+8(1) and got 2 ( Total: 10 )
Also rolled 2#d20+8(2) and got 19 [Total: 27]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 37
Aleith|DM: Miss
Ernst: "She moved after he shouted, Gerald. She’s gone."
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Gerald: "Obviously! If I thought she was still that close I would have used the shotgun. Fuck."
[OOC] Phyllis: You're not double-counting the -5, right?
Garrett‘ huffs. "…wait are there still monsters inside?"
Ernst: "Vectors uh… don’t really work that way? Hoping for a one in a million?"
Aleith|DM: Nope, and he has to target the exact square.
Zane looks where Garret was pointing, then south, figuring the most likely avenue of escape… "Yeah. Upstairs. Saxbys pet squad is on it."
Aleith|DM: There's sounds of battle coming from upstairs, yeah.
Gerald: "Didn't really have any better options, I can't fucking see invisible things."
Aleith|DM: You can kinda see it murkily through the building.
Aleith|DM: They seem to be okay.
Ernst is kind of an asshole. He's been standing right beside this fight for 4 rounds now and hasn't helped.
Aleith|DM: He sure is
Zane: (Hm. perception for any kind of visual clue where to aim?)
Aleith|DM: Yep.
Zane rolled d20+8 and got 20 ( Total: 28 ) for Perception
Aleith|DM: You're basically rolling against-
Aleith|DM: her stealth check…?
Chandrasekhar: "Foxes have teeth and claws, rabbits run real fast… we can keep chasing as long as we want to, that's our thing, right, Bietto?"
Aleith|DM: She's 40 feet south of Garrett.
Aleith|DM: You're pretty sure, anyway.
Zane bares his teeth. "You know what foxes dont have?" He dips an arrow into that black pouch and fires. [RBA, Bloodroot Poison]
Zane rolled d20+12 and got 20 ( Total: 32 )
[OOC] Ernst: Dat 20
Aleith|DM: CRIT
[OOC] Phyllis: Holy hell.
[OOC] Zane: OK so. uh. give me a second
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Go ahead and put all that shit back on your desk.
Zane rolled 2d6+58 and got 5, 3 ( Total: 66.0 ) for damage and dazed (save ends)
Zane: "Fuck rabbits."
Chandrasekhar: "I…"
Aleith|DM: Blood splatters to the floor at her feet. Bloodied!
Gerald: "Oh."
Phyllis: "Wow."
Gerald: "Wow I way the fuck over shot that."
Garrett: "Blood in the water~."
Gerald: "Thanks, Zane!"
Zane silently thumbs up at the window.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis: "Are you going to listen to reason?" [Intimidate]
Phyllis rolled d20+14 and got 11 ( Total: 25.0 ) for [Spook]: Replace with Arcana
Aleith|DM: No response.
Chandrasekhar: "I don't think brainpires listen to reason." He's… not happy about this, lascivious stare a moment ago at Zane's handiwork notwithstanding.
Phyllis shrugs and conjures illusions to assault her instead. The details are … best left to the imagination. [Illusory Ambush]
[OOC] Zane: *suddenly thousands of Zanes*
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Unlimited Zane Works
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Golly.
Phyllis rolled d20+8 and got 14 ( Total: 22.0 ) for vs Will, CA from daze, -5 from total concealment
Aleith|DM: Just hits!
Phyllis rolled d6+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14.0 ) for -2 to attacks UEoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Phyllis: "Don't make me break out worse stuff than that."
Ernst teleports beside Gerald before aiming his shotgun. He doesn't say much besides "Move." He may set the grass on fire because this is also [Burning Weapons]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+13(1) and got 3 ( Total: 16.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+13(2) and got 9 [Total: 22.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 38.0, Avg: 6.00
Aleith|DM: Miss
Ernst frowns.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar?
[OOC] Phyllis: Got anything AoE? It should ignore the -5 penalty that way.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Uhhh Radiant Delirium is ranged, but not AoE… Astral Thunder is close burst 3
[OOC] Zane: dats AoE!
[OOC] Gerald: close burst counts
[OOC] Phyllis: Astral Thunder will do
Chandrasekhar rushes close enough and then strikes at the very air with his blade, and a crack of deafening thunder ripples out! [Astral Thunder]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+7 and got 20 ( Total: 27 ) for vs. Fort**
Aleith|DM: Crit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] You hear her hit the ground.
Garrett: "Y'all are -on- right now!"
Aleith|DM: She's still invisible for a few seconds though I guess?
Chandrasekhar bows his head, and whispers a prayer for her soul. She deserved better than to be corrupted by this visitor.
Ernst: "Gerald do me a favor and jump out the window -before- the tether wears off. I don't want to walk around."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 26:Garrett | 26:Xambria | 25:Gerald | 24:Flying Thing B | 21:Zane | 20:Ob Killer A | 19:Phyllis | 19:Flying Thing A | 11:Ernst | 11:Worm Maw | 10:Delft | 7:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Round 8.
Phyllis: "Don't bother, we got her."
Aleith|DM: Things are transparent again.
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Gerald‘ squints.
Gerald: "Yeah Chandra’s hit did it."
Ernst: "The host is down, sure."
Phyllis waves back up at Gerald and Ernst, giving them a thumbs-up.
Chandrasekhar: "Keep your guard up, everyone."
Zane: "You're the one right next to it, Singh."
Ernst: "If Phyllis has any way to detect Sijhin though I'd suggest doing it."
Ernst: "I don't think this is over."
Chandrasekhar: "I've got both eyes on it, still…"
Gerald: "Chan! Grab the map!"
Gerald: "If it can still move it'll go for the map!"
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Can I run in and do that
Garrett‘ dashes forward into a rolling tackle on the spot where she should be. Latching on!! [Charge] [But I’m going for a grab]
Aleith|DM: No, you used up youre move and standard already.
Aleith|DM: Okay, you grab her.
Aleith|DM: You can't see her, but you can feel her blood running out between your fingers.
Garrett‘ applies a goddamn sleeper too, I know what a neck feels like
Garrett: "She’s bleedin' out but give it a sec…"
Zane: "She damn well better be."
Aleith|DM: She goes limp in her hands, her pulse rate dropping. Her heart's stopped.
Garrett: "(Sorry dear.)"
Aleith|DM: Down below you, you can make out a subrail tunnel below you.
Aleith|DM: It's unfinished, but there's a strange humanoid standing in the midst of 8 lanterns, in front of a large, golden seal.
Phyllis: Seeing how the parasite has separated from the host, Phyllis wills it so that Xambria will stabilize.
[OOC] Phyllis: Eschatologist
Aleith|DM: Alright.
Aleith|DM: She reappears, by the way.
Aleith|DM: She's unconcious, but stable.
Garrett‘ releases his grip.
Aleith|DM: But there seems to -
Garrett: "(Thanks, Phyll.)" He lies there for a sec.
Aleith|DM: Wait, she’s still not breathing.
Garrett: "(Yeah, I hoped too.)"
[OOC] Gerald: NOTE THAT IT'S GERALDS TURN LOG. Also note that you are charging this motherfucking through a building, Ice. Hooray Phasing.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License