Zg Session 17

Your assignment this month is to help provide security for the Kaybeau Armament and Technology Exposition. While checking out the stage are on the northern side, strange monsters attacked, seemlingly summoned by a staff one of the expo attendees had purchased from a 'fence'. Simon Langfield had set up the appointment at a jewelry shop in the tent designated the 'Trinket Stand' near the centre.
Ernst is busy making sure that dumbass wizard is still breathing.
Garrett‘ makes his way into the jewelry tent.
Aleith|DM: The jewelry booth is near the back of the tent.
Aleith|DM: The lady attending the booth looks up as you approach and asks, "what can I help you with, sir?"
Garrett: "Yes, I’m looking for an anniversary gift for my wife Ethel."
Lady: "Ah, of course." She picks up an ornate box and places it on the counter. "I would recommend this. That would be 50 gold, please."
Garrett‘ hands over the gold.
Aleith|DM: And she hands over the box.
Garrett` takes the box, opens.
Aleith|DM: It contains a slip of paper, with ’Lanternwood Subrail Station, 5 PM' written on it.
Garrett‘ shuts it, heads back to the group.
Phyllis continues to mull over the implications of … certain details about the creatures.
Phyllis: "Not summoned, but unseen, unable to interact with anything, but always present. Unseen and unable to interact with anything, until - "
Garrett: "Power word? Delayed ritual? Phase of the moons?" :
Chandrasekhar: "Out of phase, you mean?"
Garrett: "I sort of meant that last one as a joke but no it’s probably real."
Gerald: "You okay? You're starting to sound like one of those people that stands on boxes and shouts about the end of the world."
Chandrasekhar: "This is just what she does when she encounters something that oughtn't be possible."
Phyllis gives Gerald a level stare. "Well, I do adhere to eschatology. Wouldn't be the first time I had."
Gerald: "Oh."
Gerald: "Okay."
Garrett: "You should have more coffee with Phyllis."
Garrett: "Anyway, we've got a date." He shows the group the box with the note.
Phyllis nods at Chandra. "I've given similar levels of thought to the Clergy where I'm from and what manner of magics they use in their demonstrations."
Phyllis: "Oh, Garrett, you shouldn't have."
Garrett: "That's just the kind of gentleman I am."
Gerald: "Oh good, a lead."
Garrett: "Plenty of nooks and crannys there to hide in to ambush whoever. Or get ambushed in return."
Phyllis thumbs through her ritual book. "Hm. Do I have something prepared for that…"
Garrett: "Figure anything out over here?"
Gerald: "Not really."
Ernst glances at the sun. What time is it right now anyways?
Aleith|DM: Just after 2PM. Probably gonna start raining within the hour.
Aleith|DM: It's pretty overcast now.
Garrett: "Wear your best overcoats and wide-brimmed hats."
Aleith|DM: The subrail line's all in the Central District, and Lanternwood's about a half hour walk away.
Phyllis snaps it shut and stows it away. "I don't seem to. Disappointing."
Gerald: "Mm'kay."
Phyllis: "… well, maybe one, but it's one of those finicky 'why did I bother' divinations."
Garrett‘ chuckles. "Gotta burn ’em sometime?"
Phyllis: "About as effective as flipping a coin."
Garrett: "Anyway, nab a funnel cake now if you still want one."
Aleith|DM: The fair's going to close shortly after it starts raining, anyhow.
Gerald: "Oh right!" Gerald dashes off to do just that. Almost forgot about it what with the weird monsters and dead people and all that.
Ernst is good on snacks. He starts moving whenever everyone else is ready.
Garrett: "Local police can settle the rest. How's our dying friends?"
Phyllis is ready to head to Lanternwood as soon as the rest are.
Garrett‘ can talk and move at the same time, yeah.
Ernst: "Alive and talking."
Phyllis: "That’s good to hear."
The afternoon rains have sent home the construction crews, and the guards have conveniently left the premises. Inside the wooden fence you can see the massive pit dug for the future train station; the gate hangs open. A few steel and stone columns rise to suggest the skeleton of a future building, with only a flapping tarp stretched between them as a makeshift roof to keep the pit from flooding.
Stacks of lumber, bricks, and girders provide plenty of hiding places, and the fence is feeble enough to offer numerous escape routes. But you spot someone on the far side of the pit, a woman with a high-collared coat and a huge coif of hair. Beside her towers a man, seven feet tall, draped in a black coat, his face concealed with a wide-brimmed hat.
Garrett: "I'd take one of those at least."
Aleith|DM: She fits the description that Simon gave you.
Garrett‘ looks about. They’re the only ones?
Aleith|DM: As far as you can tell.
Garrett‘ will slink up to the pair.
Gerald: "Nice hat."
Aleith|DM: Though there’s a bit of a metallic glint hidden beneath the hat.
Ernst watches the pair from a distance as he chews at his lip.
Ernst glances at Gerald. "I've always wanted a hat. I just don't think I could pull off the look."
Woman: "Here about the gift, then?"
Phyllis: "Something like that."
Garrett: "Sure am."
Garrett: "Let's have a look, then."
Gerald: "I mean, the most important part of pulling off a hat successfully is confidence."
Woman: "What are you in the market for?"
Gerald: "If you feel dumb, you look dumb!"
Garrett: "Staves, magical."
Aleith|DM: Bluff check?
Phyllis: "Or orbs, if you have any interesting ones."
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+10 and got 18 ( Total: 28.0 ) for I do want to see their magical staves it’s not a bluff!! but okay
Aleith|DM: She waves you to approach as the bodyguard pulls over a large chest and opens it to show the various wares stored inside.
Garrett‘ has a look.
Phyllis scans the assortment, seeking any pattern among the wares.
Aleith|DM: Inside the chest are a variety of firearms, including some gun-blade mixes, and several magic items-a couple of staves, a few swords, and an amulet.
Phyllis: Like the etchings on the staff from before.
Aleith|DM: One of the swords and the amulet have similar symbolism as the staff Simon had bought.
Garrett: "What’s the story on… this… and that'n." He points to a random gunblade, but then towards the semi-recognizable sword and amulet.
Phyllis: "Were these crafted recently? Do you know the maker?"
Woman: "Some of the guns are imported, but that pistol-dagger is one of the ones I made. It's got a distance enhancement on it. The other two are old, brought back by adventuring types I heard. The blade create an elemental zone and works better against unnatural creatures. The amulet's got elemental protections on it."
Aleith|DM: The amulet is made of stone with a pictogram of a tree surrrounded by the primal elements.
Aleith|DM: The sword is a macahuitl, wooden with saw-toothed obsidian blades along its edge.
Garrett: "They're pretty low key, aren't they." He crouches down and squints, trying to get a better look.
Chandrasekhar is sort of hanging back for now, but does glance at the weaponry from a distance.
Phyllis: "Oh, adventuring types. Are they a regular source of wares for you? I'd be curious to hear what lands they've travelled to."
Woman: "Look, do you want them or not? The pistol's eighteen hundred, the blade's twenty-six, and the amulet's thirty-four."
Garrett: "It's a fair question. One that you should be interested in answering, as some of your wares have caused quite the havoc at the tech expo." He stands.
Woman: "What? I don't know what you're talking about."
Phyllis: "You might not have been aware, it's true."
Gerald: "Oh, oh, live demonstration?"
Phyllis: "Shall I demonstrate, however?"
She puts her foot on the lid of the chest and slams it shut. "Alright, deal's off. I'd suggest leaving quickly."
Phyllis: "We're not accusing you, specifically, but we are concerned with the origin of … the sword and amulet and - " she rifles through her cloak - " this staff."
Chandrasekhar smiles faintly. "Suggestions, hm?"
Garrett: "You sold a staff to a man, and it summoned extradimensional beasts that completely tore up the candied apple vendor. And almost killed several people."
Woman: "Not my fault what people do with their toys."
Garrett: "So I 'suggest' you sing like a clockwork nightengale,"
Phyllis: "I have reason to suspect it has to do with the artifacts themselves."
Chandrasekhar: "Ah, -that- old argument."
Phyllis: "All the man did was cast a simple Magic Missile spell."
Chandrasekhar: "Where'd you get the weapons, really?" He watches her eyes.
Woman: "Alright. FIRE AT WILL!" What appeared to be piles of scrap metal stand up, muskets mounted onto mechanical legs. They start aiming at you as she pulls a couple of pistols with bayonets out of mid-air and the bodyguard pulls off its cloak, revealing it to be an iron golem.
Ernst scoffs. "Figures."
Phyllis shrugs and stows the staff away again, instead opting for her orb and tome.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Walking Turret A | 24:Walking Turret D | 23:Garrett | 23:Walking Turret E | 21:Phyllis | 16:Walking Turret B | 16:Walking Turret C | 12:Kaja Stewart | 10:Gerald | 9:Iron Bodyguard | 6:Chandra | 6:Ernst |
Chandrasekhar shakes his head and sort of cluck-clucks in the most obnoxiously condescending manner possible. "Guess we get the 'bring it in as evidence' discount, then. Okay."
Gerald: "Works for me."
Gerald: "I mean,"
Gerald: "It's not like anyone was expecting this to end reasonably."
Garrett: "I have hope, sometimes."
Chandrasekhar: "One lives in perpetual hope."
Aleith|DM: Two of the turrets duck out of cover, shooting as they come out, before ducking back behind cover again. [Strafe and Advance]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 8 ( Total: 19.0 ) for Garrett, Ernst
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 12 [Total: 23.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 42.0, Avg: 10.00
Aleith|DM rolled d10+7 and got 8 ( Total: 15.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting Ernst for 15!
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ rushes forth and puts the opening moves on the Iron Bodyguard! [Opening Move]
Aleith|DM: The golem looks similar to the one you fought in that warehouse, but smaller.
Garrett` rolled 1d20+15 and got 20 ( Total: 35 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Crit!
Garrett` rolled 2d6+28 and got 6, 6 ( Total: 40 )
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Garrett` keeps up the heat!!! [Free Action - Press the Advantage]
[OOC] Garrett: oh add another 1 to that, light blade advantage
Garrett` rolled 1d20+15 and got 17 ( Total: 32 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 2d4+9 and got 1, 2 ( Total: 12 ) for already dealt sneak this round
Garrett` isn’t done yet! [Move Action - Low Slash]
[OOC] Garrett: oh no wait I already moved. ACTUALLY WATCH THIS
Garrett‘ isn’t done get! [AP - Piercing Strike]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+15 and got 15 ( Total: 30 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+9 and got 4 ( Total: 13 ) for slaying action
Also rolled 2d6 and got 4, 4 [Total: 8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 21
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 12!] [21!
Aleith|DM: Turret E scampers out of cover and fires at Ernst!
Phyllis tilts her head at the golem. "I am now less inclined to believe your story about the adventurers. Or at least less inclined to think you aren’t aware of what these 'toys' do."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 11 ( Total: 22 )
Aleith|DM rolled d10+7 and got 10 ( Total: 17.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 17!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Gerald‘ is going to [Disruptive Shot] that last attack rela quick actually.
Phyllis tries to wrest control of the golem for a moment. [Charm of Misplaced Wrath]
Aleith|DM: Your range is 12?
Aleith|DM: The turret’s too far away at 16
[OOC] Gerald: with my rifle!! also I thought it was one of the three I could actually see but that's still within rifle range so
Phyllis: Well, first, [Mage Hand.] Then Charm.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+12 and got 20 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: Okay, fine, I guess.
Phyllis rolled d20+11 and got 3 ( Total: 14.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: …crit!
Aleith|DM: and miss
Phyllis: Still makes a basic attack on a miss!
Phyllis: Just no slide+stun.
Phyllis: Melee smash Kaja.
Dicebot: Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 6r2 in 3d6r2+17
Aleith|DM: Have to use Sugar
Gerald` rolled 3d6r2+17: (<span style="color: #800000;">1</span>, <span style="color: #800000;">2</span>, 3), (<span style="color: #800000;">1</span>, 5), 4 [Total: 29.0 (High), Avg and got 4.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 29!] The turret is bloodied!
Gerald: "Guess I haven’t lost my touch with long range after all."
Aleith|DM: The Golem staggers and swings an Iron Fist at Kaja, who looks surprised!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 3 ( Total: 13 )
[OOC] Phyllis: +2 to damage if it connects
Aleith|DM: But misses
Aleith|DM: Turret B and C duck out of cover, firing at Gerald and Phyllis before ducking back! [Strafe and Advance]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 8 ( Total: 19.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 18 [Total: 29.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 48.0, Avg: 13.00
Aleith|DM rolled d10+7 and got 6 ( Total: 13.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting Phyllis for 13!
Gerald: "Your robots kind of suck lady."
Aleith|DM: Kaja drops the pistols, disappearing as they leave her hand,
Kaja's pistols vanish, suddenly replaced by a musket.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: gdi that's a carbine
Aleith|DM rolled d20+12 and got 7 ( Total: 19 ) for vs Phyllis
[OOC] Phyllis: please be AC
Aleith|DM: The shot barely misses Phyllis. [Carbine with Shiver-Strike Bullets]
Aleith|DM: She kicks the chest again, which disappears. With grandiose flair, Kaja plants her foot on a cannon that has suddenly materialized in its place, its fuse already sparking with fire. [AP -> Summon Cannon]
Garrett: "Can I buy whatever weapon that is, instead? Dang."
Phyllis: "Your selection is curious. The best of old and new worlds."
Garrett: "Gerald, can you do that?"
Gerald: "Okay admittedly that's kind of cool."
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20(1) and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for +12 vs AC, Chandrasekhar, Ernst, Gerald, Phyllis
Also rolled 4#d20(2) and got 20 [Total: 20 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 4#d20(3) and got 9 [Total: 9 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Also rolled 4#d20(4) and got 4 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 50, Avg: 12.50
Gerald: "I mean if I had a cannon -"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: gdi forgot the mods, 29, crit, 21, 16
Chandrasekhar: "Gun that shoots cannons, better than a gun that shoots badgers."
Ernst is going to fire a Shocking Feedback on that one to try and stop that whole dying thing.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 15 ( Total: 27.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 18 [Total: 30.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 57.0, Avg: 16.50
Ernst rolled 3d8+8 and got 8, 3, 1 ( Total: 20.0 ) for Ernst gains resist 5
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+9 and got 5, 1, 6 ( Total: 21.0 )
Also rolled 3d6+27 and got 3, 1, 1 [Total: 32.0 (Low), Avg: 1.67]
Total: 53.0, Avg: 2.83
Aleith|DM: 21 damage to Chandrasekhar, 32 to Ernst!
Aleith|DM: and 10 damage to Gerald and Phyllis
Ernst goes to 0 HP instead of -5.
Aleith|DM: Ernst and Chandrasekhar are knocked prone and dazed the end of Kaja's next turn!
Gerald: "Hm."
Gerald‘ scratches behind his head.
Aleith|DM: The cannon then disappears as she takes off.
[OOC] Ernst: Why hasn’t she lost 20 HP
Aleith|DM: I was just looking for that
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!
Aleith|DM: The pistols are back in her hands.
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ dashes after her a bit, before throwing his rifle back over his shoulder and pulling th eshotgun out for a [Twin Strike], first shot at the Bodyguard…
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 7 ( Total: 19 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 17 [Total: 29]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 48
Gerald` blows it away then quickly fires the other shot into Kaja.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 3 ( Total: 13 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 8 [Total: 18]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 31
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] Misses!
Gerald` will then mark her has his [Quarry], before [AP] sending a slug into her leg. [Hunter’s Bear Trap]
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 7 ( Total: 17 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 16 [Total: 26]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 43
Aleith|DM: Oh right
Aleith|DM: Ernst and Garrett take 5 damage from the bodyguard’s aura for that Shocking Feedback
5 necrotic
[OOC] Ernst: Resist all 5 so w/e
Aleith|DM: true
Gerald‘ rolled 3d8+7 and got 4, 5, 6 ( Total: 22 ) for Slowed and 5 Ongoing, save ends both.
Aleith|DM: Garret takes 5
[OOC] Garrett: >:(
Gerald: "Nope stop running you’re just going to make me angry.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 22!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Walking Turret A | 24:Walking Turret D | 23:Garrett | 23:Walking Turret E | 21:Phyllis | 16:Walking Turret B | 16:Walking Turret C | 12:Kaja Stewart | 10:Gerald | 6:Chandra | 6:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Ernst!
Chandrasekhar stubbornly ground-crawls over to Ernst, and manages to put a hand on his forehead, whispering an urgent prayer as a ray of sunlight inexplictly shines on Ernst. [Lay On Hands] [Resist 12 All]
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst stands up.
Ernst actually heals himself with a [Curative Admixture]
Aleith|DM: Round 2!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Walking Turret A | 24:Walking Turret D | 23:Garrett | 23:Walking Turret E | 21:Phyllis | 16:Walking Turret B | 16:Walking Turret C | 12:Kaja Stewart | 10:Gerald | 6:Chandra | 6:Ernst |
Aleith|DM rolled d6 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
Aleith|DM: Turret A move out of cover and fires at Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 13 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM rolled d10+7 and got 6 ( Total: 13.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 13!
Aleith|DM rolled d6 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
Aleith|DM: D does the same!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 3 ( Total: 14 )
Aleith|DM: But misses.
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Phyllis: "Garrett, are you worried more about the turrets or about our quarry here?"
Garrett: "Hopefully the turrets stop when she does!"
Aleith|DM: She laughs.
Garrett: "Also the turrets won't tell us what we need to know!"
Gerald: "She seems to be running while they aren't, to boot, so…"
Phyllis: "Well yes, just, if she were to stop running."
Garrett‘ runs down Kaja! [Charge]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+14 and got 8 ( Total: 22 ) for vs AC
Phyllis flashes a grin in her direction.
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+6 and got 2 ( Total: 8 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 8!] Bloodied!
Garrett: "Not sure what you’re getting at!"
Aleith|DM: Turret E continues sidestepping and also fires at Gerald.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 7 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis steps forward and with a [Glib Tongue], charms Kaja into standing stock-still. "Halt. Cooperate." [Tasha's Forcible Conscription]
Gerald‘ continues not getting shot.
Phyllis rolled d20+11 and got 13 ( Total: 24.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis: No damage, stunned UEoNT OR until the target is next attacked. This stun has aftereffects.
Phyllis: "… She’ll stay put for a time. Buys us time to deal with the turrets."
Gerald: "Well, okay."
Garrett: "Give me a hand?"
Phyllis: She would but it's out of range. [5]
[OOC] Phyllis: Also used all my actions so I can't even move or resummon it
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6 and got 1, 5 ( Total: 6 )
Aleith|DM: Turrets B and C move out of cover and fire at Phyllis!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 1 ( Total: 12.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 17 [Total: 28.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 40.0, Avg: 9.00
Aleith|DM rolled d10+7 and got 10 ( Total: 17.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 17!
Aleith|DM: Kaja is stunned!
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Aleith|DM rolled d20+2 and got 11 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM: Saved vs Hunter's Trap
Gerald‘ fires into the turrent next to her twice. [Two-Fanged Strike]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 4 ( Total: 14 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 11 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 35
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 20 ( Total: 30 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 9 [Total: 19]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 49
Aleith|DM: Hit, Crit/ht!
Gerald` rolled d8+7 and got 6 ( Total: 13 ) for and another +3 on top of that
Also rolled 2d6+23 and got 2, 4 [Total: 29]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 42
[OOC] Gerald: so 45. :3
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Gerald: "Aaanyway."
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar? Ernst?
Gerald: "Right, did we mention we were with the RHC and weren’t just some low level thugs…?"
Chandrasekhar: "That probably would have been a good thing to mention earlier on, to be fair, but then again, would it have really made a difference?"
Gerald: "It just occured to me now that it might've gotten lost in the conversation!"
Phyllis: "We could have saved five minutes."
Phyllis: "That's about it. Skipped the formalities."
Phyllis: "But I find that ambushing people with the spells of my nature is just impolite."
Phyllis: "Wouldn't you agree, Kaja?"
[OOC] Phyllis: Er. "Ma'am."
Aleith|DM: You're not sure, she's reeling.
Garrett: "Yeah… but they're jerks."
Phyllis: "Tut."
Aleith|DM: Your fault for stunning her.
Chandrasekhar clambers to his feet, pats Ernst on the shoulder and then balls-out charges Turret B.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 9 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis is being smug.
Phyllis isn't actually expecting a response, just … taunting.
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+6 and got 7, 7 ( Total: 20 ) for +2 to all defenses, radiant damage, vuln 3 radiant until the end of my next turn, plus also [Divine Challenge]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst seems rather grumpy from his position on the ground. He wants to heal Phyllis. But he also wants to get by Gerald but he's currently prone. He aims his shotgun and fires a [Warweaver's Tether] at Turret B with Gerald as the tether. He then spends his move action to teleport beside Gerald, still prone. Spends an AP to shoot again with a [Magic Weapon] and then finally heals Phyllis for [+20 THP]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 2 ( Total: 14.0 ) for Warweavers Turret B
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 2 [Total: 14.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 28.0, Avg: 2.00
[OOC] Ernst: … Heroic
Ernst rolled 3d8+8 and got 1, 3, 3 ( Total: 15.0 ) for Turret B
Aleith|DM: 1 Hit!
Ernst slides the turret closer since why not.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+13(1) and got 19 ( Total: 32.0 ) for Magic Weapon
Also rolled 2#d20+13(2) and got 19 [Total: 32.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 64.0, Avg: 19.00
Aleith|DM: Push is not closer
[OOC] Ernst: Oh.
Aleith|DM: Push is farther
[OOC] Ernst: Not pushing then
Ernst rolled 2d8+8 and got 2, 7 ( Total: 17.0 ) for +3 to damage/attack roll
[OOC] Ernst: Err +3 to damage +1 to hit for Phyllis / Gerald
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!] [KO!
Aleith|DM: Round 3!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 24:Walking Turret D | 23:Garrett | 23:Walking Turret E | 21:Phyllis | 16:Walking Turret C | 12:Kaja Stewart | 10:Gerald | 6:Chandra | 6:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Turret D fires at Phyllis, then ducks behind cover!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 9 ( Total: 20 )
Aleith|DM rolled d10+7 and got 2 ( Total: 9.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 9 damage!
Aleith|DM rolled d6 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett: "Hang in there, Phyl! Phil? Phyle? Phil sounds more natural but…" [Minor - Majestic Word] [Recover HEaling Surge +3 HP]
Garrett‘ then lunges for the stunned Kaja. [Bloodbath]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+15 and got 6 ( Total: 21 ) for vs Fort
Garrett` rolled 1d4+9 and got 2 ( Total: 11 ) for also applies ongoing damage equal to sneak attack damage (Save ends)
Also rolled 2d6 and got 4, 5 [Total: 9]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 20
Phyllis makes one final motion with her orb as she compels Kaja once more. "Be a nice girl and comply, won’t you?"
Garrett‘ doesn’t let up! [Move -> Minor, Leg Sweep]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+13 and got 4 ( Total: 17 ) for vs Ref
Phyllis: Well, technically she gets her attack first.
[OOC] Garrett: I actually missed one
Phyllis: From Conscription ending.
[OOC] Garrett: ’s okay she's not dead
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!] She staggers, then stabs herself with the bayonet on one of her pistols!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 15 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM rolled d6+5 and got 5 ( Total: 10.0 )
Aleith|DM: Slashing herself for [10!]
Aleith|DM: And then Garrett misses as she staggers.
Gerald: "That looked like it hurt a little."
Aleith|DM: Turret E fires at Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 9 ( Total: 20 )
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis: "Ah, I see you're back with us. Good morning."
Kaja: "Just shut up!"
Chandrasekhar waves brightly.
Phyllis conjures the [Mage Hand] between herself and Kaja. "Those creatures. Just to be clear."
Phyllis: "They looked like this."
[OOC] Phyllis: Illusory Ambush
Phyllis rolled d20+11 and got 17 ( Total: 28.0 ) for vs will
Aleith|DM: Cruel. Hit.
Phyllis rolled d6+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11.0 ) for including the +3 from Magic Weapon
[OOC] Phyllis: -2 to-hit until EoPNT.
Gerald: "Yow."
Chandrasekhar just smiles faintly.
Garrett‘ was way too close to that effect. He shuffles a bit closer to the corner of his 5x5 square.
Aleith|DM: Turret C shoots at Gerald and ducks behind cover! [Strafe and Advance]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 10 ( Total: 21 )
Aleith|DM: Kaja falls unconcious. [Ongoing 9]
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald` spins around as Kaja drops, jumps down into the subway rails, then lets a [Twin Shot] off on the turrent after marking it as his Quarry.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 12 ( Total: 22 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 15 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 47
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 6 ( Total: 16 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 8 [Total: 18]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 34
Aleith|DM: Acrobatics ?
Gerald` rolled 2d8+6 and got 5, 3 ( Total: 14 )
Also rolled 2d6+8 and got 4, 5 [Total: 17]
d8: 1 [Total: 1]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 32
[OOC] Gerald: I need to roll acrobatics to hop down 4 spaces when I have 6 movement?
Aleith|DM: to avoid d10 falling damage and falling prone, yes
[OOC] Garrett: it’s not so much that you're hopping 4 as you're trying not to fall like a sack of potatos
Aleith|DM: and you won't have line of sight anyway
Aleith|DM: so this is a terrible idea all-in-all
[OOC] Gerald: i can honestly never remeber what the allowable range for that is and OK i'll move here and do 1 less damage b/c I'm losing one of my d8s from here
Aleith|DM: Which one are you even shooting?
[OOC] Gerald: D
Aleith|DM: No line of sight
Aleith|DM: That's a 10' high barrier between you and it
[OOC] Garrett: they're using cover like we're playing halo or some shit
Aleith|DM: Yep
[OOC] Gerald: i'm pretty sure it's been shooting at us and I ignore cover so I mean
Aleith|DM: Total Cover is not something you ignore
[OOC] Ernst: It shot at us and then moved behind the barrier after its action
[OOC] Phyllis: With an attack that I'm pretty sure lets it move and attack and move again
Aleith|DM: ^
[OOC] Gerald: but if you insist then I hit C I guess and I'm not sure why you asked me in the first place
[OOC] Ernst: That is also behind a barrier???
Aleith|DM: because you still don't have line of sight to that
Aleith|DM: Shoot E with your rifle and call it a day
[OOC] Gerald: yeah sure lets go with that
Aleith|DM: Okay, 2 hits
Dicebot: Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r2 in 2#d10r2+7
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d10r2+7(1) and got 6 ( Total: 13.0 )
Also rolled 2#d10r2+7(2) and got (<span style="color: #800000;">2</span>, 4) [Total: 11.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 24.0, Avg: 5.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Ernst!
Ernst stands up, tosses Phyllis another [+15 HP] and then starts to move closer to the turrets.
[OOC] Phyllis: Also is this THP the kind I can spend to heal someone else instead or
Chandrasekhar teleports, then charges Turret C!
[OOC] Ernst: You can transfer that THP with a minor
[OOC] Ernst: To anyone within 5 squares of you
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 8 ( Total: 18 )
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+6 and got 2, 3 ( Total: 11 ) for +2 to all defenses, radiant damage, vuln 3 radiant until the end of my next turn, plus also [Divine Challenge]
[OOC] Ernst: Any amount you choose, even.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 11!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 24:Walking Turret D | 23:Garrett | 21:Phyllis | 16:Walking Turret C | 10:Gerald | 6:Chandra | 6:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Turret D walks out, then shoots at Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 16 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM rolled d10+7 and got 5 ( Total: 12.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 12!
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Gerald: "Gah. One of ’em finally got me!:
Garrett‘ doublemoves across the battlefield.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis steps forward, gives Gerald and Ernst 10 THP each (removing her own), and fires an [Illusory Ambush] at the automaton.
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 13 ( Total: 22.0 ) for vs Will
Phyllis: D that is
Phyllis rolled d6+5 and got 3 ( Total: 8.0 ) for -2 to-hit UEoPNT
Aleith|DM: D!?
D?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 8!
Aleith|DM: The mechanical creature is just a pair of steel chicken legs with a musket mounted on top. Turret C throws its barreled ’head' at Chandrasekhar, certain to collapse if it misses.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 10 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: It falls prone.
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Phyllis turns her head to the wall that clattering sound came from, unable to actually see the turret collapse. "What in the …"
Gerald‘ runs up against the wall, throwing the rifle back over his shoulder as he double tabs turret D. [Twin Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 11 ( Total: 21 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 13 [Total: 23]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 44
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 2 ( Total: 12 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 5 [Total: 15]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 27
Aleith|DM: 2 hits, 2 misses!
Gerald` rolled 3d8+3 and got 3, 6, 2 ( Total: 14 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Ernst!
Ernst teleports on top of the barrier and blasts Walking Turret D with a [Burning Weapons]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+14(1) and got 2 ( Total: 16.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+14(2) and got 9 [Total: 23.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 39.0, Avg: 5.50
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Ernst rolled 2d8+11 and got 2, 7 ( Total: 20.0 )
Aleith|DM: It’s not the most stable of perches, but you manage.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!] Bloodied!
[OOC] Ernst: +4 dmg for Gerald and me next action
Aleith|DM: Chandra!
Chandrasekhar just hits it with a virtuous strike!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 16 ( Total: 26 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+6 and got 6 ( Total: 12 ) for radiant, to which it's vulnerable
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!] Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 24:Walking Turret D | 23:Garrett | 21:Phyllis | 16:Walking Turret C | 10:Gerald | 6:Chandra | 6:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Turret D shoots at Ernst, then sidesteps behind the barrier.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 1 ( Total: 10 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ runs up behind Turret C and gives it what for. [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+15 and got 19 ( Total: 34 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 )
Also rolled 2d6 and got 3, 5 [Total: 8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 21
[OOC] Phyllis: Let’s Flanking
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis steps forward, places her [Mage Hand] near the corner, and just waits. [Readied Action: Illusory Ambush if the turret pops around the corner again.]
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ is going to pull himself up onto the top of that wall, and then rain death from above.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 8 ( Total: 18 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 5 [Total: 15]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 33
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 2 ( Total: 12 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 20 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 42
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Gerald: "…Clear!"
Chandrasekhar: "I really hope that chest of weapons didn’t vanish into the aether or something, Zane's gonna be pissed."
Aleith|DM: It certainly disappeared somewhere.
Gerald: "I bet the dealers knows where it went."
Garrett‘ heads back around to cuff Kaja.
Garrett: "Well, we’ve got time, now."
Garrett: "Someone give the turrets a lookover and see if they've got any further identifying marks or what have you." Frisks the prisoner.
Chandrasekhar: "Ernst go give the turrets a lookover!"
Ernst rubs at his side. "Yeah, yeah."
Gerald: "Most smiths leave some kind of personal mark, but I duno how helpful thta'll be since it not like anyone keeps track of it."
Gerald‘ helps Ernst root around in the robot parts though, just in case.
Aleith|DM: Literally just muskets on legs. Nothing really there. The lady doesn’t seem to have much on her, either, aside from some small cash. Not even bullets.
Garrett: "Wacky."
Phyllis mutters to herself. "An extradimensional bag of holding? Or …"
Chandrasekhar: "I mean, I'm sure you can be persuasive when we ask for details later."
Gerald: "All kinds of enchantments really, I mean," Gerald stows his shotgun, then pulls it back out of no where.
Aleith|DM: Kinda seems something like that, yeah.
Garrett: "Let's settle up back at HQ, then."
Garrett: "Question her when she comes to, and I want to talk to the dead guy before he spirit-wanders off."
Gerald‘ salutes.
Aleith|DM: You take her back to HQ and situate her in one of the mage-cells on the west side in the basement.
Phyllis takes some time at HQ to inspect the staff in closer detail. Not directly use it, but see what circumstances created it and gain insight into its history, since the dealer wasn’t exactly being cooperative with those details.
Aleith|DM: Roll arcana
Phyllis rolled d20+12 and got 7 ( Total: 19.0 )
Ernst rolled d20+11 and got 10 ( Total: 21.0 ) for Ernst had nothing better to do but help
[OOC] Phyllis: Would that put the result at 21?
Aleith|DM: Not 100% sure but assisting would be +2 to the check so let's go with that
Aleith|DM: what 3 images do you want to see?
Phyllis: Where the staff was created. Who gave it to Kaja. How Kaja's source obtained it.
You see a smithy inside a stone building, filled with goldworking tools and gold.
You see Kaja taking it, the blade, and the amulet along with some other magic items from a lavish room, though part of it is has collapsed.
Phyllis tilts her head at that one. Macbannin's mansion, possibly? Or somewhere else?
Aleith|DM: Maybe? You didn't see this particular room, but some of the decor looks like it could fit with what you did see.
You see three tusked humanoids standing upright in alcoves in a wall, mummified. Each has one of the items.
Phyllis: Fascinating. Meanwhile, Garrett's got a date with a dead guy.
Aleith|DM: The morgue's in the back on the first floor. The body's there. Report next to it positively identifies that the 24-caret bullet was what killed him. A ballistics report attached to it matches it with Rock's gun.
Garrett‘ tucks a pinch of feyweed under his tongue and approches the body. Looks up at the space where the spirit usually materializes… "How’s it fare, fair-goer."
Aleith|DM: Looks like Mr. August McFarland was an attendee at the expo.
Aleith|DM: Is that your first question?
[OOC] Garrett: no that's just a greeting
Aleith|DM: The spirit nods.
Garrett: "What do you remember about the minutes leading up to your death?"
Aleith|DM: Arcana/Diplomacy/Insight
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12 ) for diplo
Aleith|DM: Good enough.
August: "I was browsing Mr. Nock’s wares before It happened-a gun that shoots multple times? Crazy! And then when things went to hell I was taking cover behind the wall in the tent."
Garrett: "Do you have any enemies?"
August: "What? No. I didn't even see who shot me."
August: "Bullet went straight through the tent wall. Not a great place to hide in hindsight."
Garrett: "Unearth any amazing secrets lately?"
August: "Man, did I ever. You ever been to Missy's Delights? This one girl there, Carey, can do amazing things with her tongue… Hmmm. Well, say hi to her for me sometime, will you?"
Garrett: "I'll uh, send your regards."
Garrett: "She'll be glad I came."
Aleith|DM: In other news, your prisoner wakes up after a bit.
Phyllis relays the images she divined to the others, then goes about to check if the bullet is still available to inspect as evidence. Moreso now that the ballistics report is apparently done. (Though technically we can probably just offload this not-in-the-middle-of-the-session)
Phyllis rolled d20+12 and got 16 ( Total: 28.0 ) for to PMs I guess!
Aleith|DM: There's a bit of paperwork involved, but sure, you can sign the bullet out for a couple of hours to do a ritual.
[OOC] Phyllis: The person holding the gun the bullet was in the moment before it was fired. Rock's intended target. Where it was in the midpoint of its trajectory to the person it hit.
Rock Rackus aiming it, Gun Alley in the background. The tentacle holding the dwarf kid. A few feet after passing through the tentacle-dropping the kid-and heading towards the tent Nock's store is in.
Kaja: "Ugh…" She looks around a bit. "Well, damn."
Gerald‘ is camped out in front of the cell, looking bored.
Gerald: "Yeah as it turns out one black market weapon dealer isn’t really much of a match for a squad of RHC."
Chandrasekhar: "We're RHC, by the way. In case that got lost in the shuffle."
Kaja: "Cannon didn't have enough 'umph' I guess…" she mutters to herself.
Phyllis: "Tell that to the kid."
Gerald: "Yeah not quite. Where's the chest?"
Aleith|DM: She rolls her eyes. "What-" She stops. Looks at the cage. "In storage. This is gonna zap me if I get it out."
Gerald: "It's okay. Chandra is a licensed medical professional."
Aleith|DM: She sighs.
Chandrasekhar: "It's true." Armcross.
Gerald: "Hey you're the one that wanted to do this the hard way."
Phyllis inspects her fingernails. "You can willingly cooperate or I can make you."
Aleith|DM: She waves you off. "Fine, fine. You want it in here or outside?"
Gerald: "Here's good."
Gerald‘ taps at the ground in front of his feet without getting up.
Aleith|DM: She gets up off the cot and holds her hands up before moving towards the edge the cell.
Chandrasekhar glances up, actually curious and not just intimidating and shiny.
Aleith|DM: She slowly puts her hands through the bars, then makes a small gesture and the chest appears. She’s zapped a bit. [10 damage, 25 -> 15 HP]
Kaja: "It's not locked or anything." She backs away, rubbing at her wrists.
Gerald: "Thank you very much! Do you want something to drink? We got bad coffee for days, and like, water probably."
Gerald‘ scootches forward to pop the chest open.
Chandrasekhar moves to open the chest, maybe after one of the Roguish Sorts has given it a once-over. If there’s a trap, he's probably best equipped to deal with the consequences.
Kaja: "Just some water, thanks. Not sure I could suffer through your coffee."
Aleith|DM: Seems like it's fine. Nothing happens when you open it. Firearms, swords, a couple staves, and amulet are still inside.
Gerald‘ gets up to go grab a glass while Chandra sorts everything out.
Chandrasekhar motions Phyllis over. "Looks familiar. Those primal symbols, again."
Phyllis nods at Chandra. "Some divination I performed on the staff showed all three of them together with some mummies. Orcs, I believe, given the tusks."
Chandrasekhar: "So. Grave robbing?"
Aleith|DM: She shrugs. "Some archeological dig is all I know."
Phyllis: "On the original owner’s part. I suspect our friend here looted the mansion of the graverobber after part of it collapsed."
Phyllis: "The golem's construction seemed familiar, too. Did you know Macbannin?"
Chandrasekhar glances at her skeptically. "Just darted in, pinched what you could, still hadn't been able to unload 'em this much later?"
Chandrasekhar: "You're not a very good salesperson."
Gerald‘ returns with a mug of water, hands it to her through the cell bars. "Also, who the hell are you anyway? I’m Gerald."
Aleith|DM: She shrugs again. "The people I sell things too are generally more interested in my guns than ancient relics."
Phyllis: "Guns are her specialty."
Chandrasekhar: "Fair enough, I suppose."
Phyllis nods in agreement with Kaja, at least.
Kaja: "Kaja Stewart. I used to work for Macbannin before you lot ran into him. Those artifacts you're so interested in were some things he was studying for a tiefling. I swiped the lot and ran when the place started coming down around me."
Chandrasekhar: "Probably wise. Who was he working with?"
Kaja: "Dunno. The mayor wasn't thrilled when he showed up, something about it 'compromising protocol'. The guy was wearing some nice clothing though, Danoran cut. Short brown hair, horns about a hand long pointed backwards. I'd mention the red eyes, but you could probably guess that."
Kaja: "As for the golem, I was one of the researchers working with the witchoil. Wasn't that hard to build one myself."
Chandrasekhar: "I suppose clueless gobshites breaking opsec are a universal. What can you tell us about the witchoil project?"
Chandrasekhar: "By which I mean, what do you -know-."
Aleith|DM: She buffs her nails a bit. "I'm an expert in theoretical planar physics. Helped Macbannin devise the way to refine witchoil from the veil between here and the Bleak Gate. Been mostly working on the pocket dimensions with my guns and such lately, though."
Chandrasekhar nudges Phyllis' arm.
Gerald: "Neat."
Chandrasekhar: "Any idea what he was planning on doing with the witchoil?"
Phyllis glances back at Chandra. "Which is strange, considering the creatures that showed up at the expo. Their corpses remained upon their defeat, which suggests that those monstrosities were native."
Kaja: "It was obviously getting pumped somewhere, but I don't know where or why."
Chandrasekhar: "Tch. Who else was working on the project?"
Aleith|DM: She gives you same names and descriptions of some of the other researchers. A few of them match people you caught before they could get away from the manor.
Chandrasekhar: "But only Macbannin knew what was to be done with the witchoil. Blast."
Kaja: "Seems that way. Kept things close to his chest."
Chandrasekhar leans against a wall.
Phyllis: "Were you aware of any phenomena where people involved with your work would suddenly grow suicidal? Were the amulets to ward against that?"
Kaja: "Suicidal? You mean what happened with Macbannin? No idea. The amulets-rusted ones, right?-were just to get through the rusted rings, portals to get through to the Bleak Gate. I wish I knew how he managed that."
Chandrasekhar: "…that shouldn't be possible."
Kaja: "I know, right?"
Phyllis: "Macbannin and a few reports of others. And we've heard of at least one other that managed successful travel, albeit with a different method."
Chandrasekhar: "Wonder if it was something he dug up."
Chandrasekhar: "…well, anyways."
Chandrasekhar: "I think we're probably done for the moment." And he'll make sure there's guards he personally trusts, posted around her cell.
Gerald: "Thanks for cooperating! It makes a difference."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License