Zg Session 14

Aleith|DM: You've found Dr. Wolfgang in an abandoned Church in the Nettles, managed to talk down his guards from Lorcan Kell, and recovered the documents he received from Nilasa Hume, only to be attacked by shadowy operatives smelling of witchoil. After subduing and cuffing them, you discovered the entrance has been blocked by a dozen metal bars embedded in front of the entrance.
Aleith|DM: Glancing between the bars, out on the plateau, there's a carriage, several men like the ones you just subdued, and…a man sitting on a metal folding chair, with a platter holding various slices of cheese, a glass of red wine in his hand. As he takes a sip of the wine, the metal tray is just…floating in the air beside him?
Aleith|DM: As you watch, he gives orders to a few of the men and they take off in two of the three carriages. Several men still remain, as does one carriage.
Phyllis: "Curious."
Zane: "Do us a favor and float that tray over here, would ya? I love cheese…"
Phyllis: "You don't think Kell's involved with this, too? Seems too high-scale for him."
Aleith|DM: You're calling out to him, then, Zane?
Gerald: "Did you bring enough for us?" Gerald gestures towards the platter.
Zane definitely is.
Gerald‘ also.
Phyllis isn’t, though!!
Man: "Ah, constables. I take it from the lack of noise plus the lack of the doctor in one of these carriages that the law has triumphed?"
Ernst simply stares at the man from a distance. He'll introduce himself soon enough.
Zane: "So far, so good. You have the advantage, mister…?"
Quital: "Quital. Quital the Steelshaper. I'd share some cheese with you, but bromago cheese happens to be my favourite."
Aleith|DM: He speaks with a Crysilliri accent.
Zane: "Ah well, that's a shame. Understandable though, it is pretty good stuff."
Gerald: "Rude, man."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis: The Quital family is known for their vineyards. In fact, it seems the wine bottle he's poured his glass from bears the design.
Zane: "So these beams were most definitely not here when we came in…"
Ernst: "So. Let's get to the point as I'm getting hungry looking at that. What do you want?"
Quital: "Those are my handiwork, yes."
Phyllis bristles. "I move away from that country only to have you and your people follow me."
Quital: "Simple. I want the doctor, the documents, and my men."
Gerald: "I mean,"
Zane: "And if I'm only willing to give you one of those?"
Gerald: "You're the one that trapped your men in here, mister?"
Gerald: "Seems like you could fix that one pretty easy."
Ernst nods gesturing to Gerald. "He's got a point you know."
Quital: "I wouldn't say they're trapped."
Gerald: "Second of all, you realize we're in Flint, not, like, whenever the hell you're from right?"
Quital: "You are, though."
Quital: "And if I don't get all of those, well. Then you all die."
Phyllis: "To what?"
Zane: "Mm. Thats unfortunate."
Ernst: "How exactly do you plan to accomplish that? The killing us part."
Quital: "You have one hour to decide before things start getting worse."
Gerald‘ shakes his head, giving a look to Zane.
Zane: "Great."
Aleith|DM: The men around the cliffside do all have pistols aimed at the entrance.
Zane turns and heads back down the tunnel.
Ernst: "Right. We mentioned in our report though that we were going here and we aren’t going to just stand in the entryway so you can shoot us."
Gerald: "You are really bad at making friends and asking for things,"
Quital: "We won't shoot you unless you try to leave."
Gerald: "Just so you know."
Quital shrugs. "I usually get what I want. And I'm giving you the chance to get out of here alive."
Phyllis steps back and pulls out a ritual scroll - she doesn't need chances handed to her, though she'd better take this one discreetly. Detect Secret Doors.
Zane grins at Gerald. "Yeah, but I am really good at other things."
Gerald‘ sighs, follows after Zane further into the cave.
Ernst glances at the others before grumbling in a hushed whisper. "(How do you want to go about this one anyways?)"
Zane: "(Easy. We fall back and use the other way out of here.)"
Aleith|DM: He’s given you an hour, you have some time to decide what to do.
Wolfgang: "(As far as I know, there isn't one. But you're welcome to look around.)"
Chandrasekhar: "(I wonder how long it'd take Gale to get a message to HQ.)"
Zane: "Well of course you wouldn't know, Kell can't have you running off all willy-nilly. But I will lose a great deal of respect for the man if he actually squirreled you away in a cave with no alternate escape route."
Gerald: "Not that he had much to begin with…"
Wolfgang: "His men didn't think there were any other entrances they needed to watch, but…they could easily be wrong."
Phyllis: "(I'll search the middle area. Someone else can check behind the corners I check.)"
Gerald: "Phyllis probably has a way out though? That seems like a thing magic would be good at, right?"
Phyllis: "(Just detection.)"
Gerald: "Oh."
Phyllis: "(And just for line of sight.)"
Aleith|DM: People looking for other entrances should roll Perception.
Ernst helps with the search. Not much else to do in the hour.
Gerald: "We should get one of those things which makes doorways appear of splits castles in half and stuff. That was pretty cool."
Ernst rolled d20+9 and got 15 ( Total: 24.0 )
Zane rolled d20+7 and got 20 ( Total: 27 )
Phyllis rolled d20+12 and got 3 ( Total: 15.0 ) for roll arcana first
Gerald‘ will take a look but is pretty sure Zane’s got it covered anyway so do you even want me to roll
Phyllis rolled d20+4+15 and got 14 ( Total: 33.0 ) for then perception using that as a bonus
Aleith|DM: At this point, no.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis: From your vantage point, the only secret doors you can see are the ones leading into the song galleys to either side of the ruined chapel.
Phyllis: "(Worth a shot. Hopefully someone else's eyes find something.)"
Aleith|DM: Ernst: It looks like the chimney behind the small well/oven on the left side could lead upwards.
Aleith|DM: Might have to knock some stones out though.
Ernst gestures to the others. "(Not going to be easy, but it's a path.)"
Aleith|DM: Zane: checking the privy reveals a door behind a tattered old curtain displaying a plesant pastoral scene.
Gerald: "The… oh! Man it wouldn't even be hard, have Zane crawl up and then drop a rope."
Phyllis: "(Do we have … choices?)"
Zane: "I could, yeah. Or there's the passage out from the bathroom."
Gerald: "Does it involve wading through shit?"
Aleith|DM: Well, the passageway looks like it heads out on the cliff nearby all of those men. Climbing up the chimney would put you up on the next level, completely out of sight.
Chandrasekhar: "(This certainly isn't what I'd choose if I were trying to hole some people up.)"
Zane shrugs. "Dunno, I just found the door. Looks like it comes out on the cliff though, so probably not?"
Gerald: "Oh. Yeah chimney sounds safer, probably."
Ernst: "(Kind of wondering how Wolfgang could have had a secret operation here and not known about TWO exits, but gonna drop that until we get out of here.)" He glances at him from a distance.
Phyllis: "(I mean, it was Kell's operation, really.)"
Zane: "(Pretty sure this was actually kells operation, yeah. Wolfgang was just hiding out.)"
Ernst: "(So who wants to climb up this thing and toss a rope down?)"
Zane: "Anyway, who wants to climb some rope? The corrent answer is 'all of you' because I have to go first."
Phyllis looks between Garrett and Zane.
Zane actually has some rope on-hand. Don't judge. Singh ESPECIALLY don't judge.
Chandrasekhar wasn't about to say something incriminating.
Zane looks up the chimney. "Yeah, I can do this."
[OOC] Zane: Do I want acrobatics or athletics?
Aleith|DM: After knocking some stones loose, it's not a bad climb-for you. [DC 20 Athletics, taking 10 is fine]
Aleith|DM: Probably a good idea to setup the rope though for the others.
Zane has an hour, this'll be OK. Once he gets to the top he's definitely setting up the rope. "OK, Singh last because we are all gonna have to work together to haul his shiny ass up…"
Chandrasekhar: "If you want me to try to get all of our friends' attention all the time -without- any armour, feel free to let me know."
Ernst heads up first since nobody seems to be volunteering.
Zane: "That sounds like a real funny way for you to die, and I'm not up for training another rookie."
Ernst: "Should I be offended?"
Zane: "Nah, you and Gerald are both doing real good."
Zane: "But I hate pushing my luck."
Aleith|DM: The climb leads up to the next level on the mountain, with more slums sprawled around the exit of the chimney.
Aleith|DM: Doesn't seem like any of Quital's men were watching it.
Gerald: "Haha guess they didn't know much about the cave either."
Zane makes sure to go back down and arrange Quital's men in suitably compromising positions before getting his ass back with the others. "Alright, we can go now."
Gerald‘ starts heading away from the cave, away from their new not-a-friend.
Ernst follows after Gerald. He seems to be smirking a bit at Zanes antics though.
Chandrasekhar might be smirking a bit too.
Chandrasekhar is -mostly- looking out for anyone who’d be watching them escape, though.
Zane shrugs. "An hour. Honestly. There's giving us a chance to think, and then theres garanteeing we will make you look like an idiot."
Ernst: "I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever in his shoes."
Aleith|DM: You manage to make it away clean. Heading back to HQ?
Gerald: "His first move was assaulting RHC on their home turff. I don't… I don't think we were really dealing with a criminal mastermind in the first place?"
Ernst: "Should we not be looping around to arrest them though for obstructing the peace or something? Pretty sure they broke at least one law there."
Gerald: "Anyway I guess back to HQ? Probably should let 'em know what's up. And get wolfgang safe and secure."
Zane: "Priorities, Ernst. lets get the good doctor seen to, and then… exactly, Gerald."
Chandrasekhar: "Yeah."
Chandrasekhar: "Believe me, I'd love to round them up, bring them in, and figure out who's paying their bills, but unfortunately…"
Zane: "Next time we see him, I'll make sure to ask." *tick tick tick go the beads on the garrote*
Phyllis: "I get the feeling we'd need more numbers to do that."
Ernst: "We have a name at least. I'll see what I can dig up on him so we aren't dealing with him blind."
Zane: "Cheer up, Phyllis. Thats twice in two days you've put a spoke in the Families wheel."
Chandrasekhar: "He has a point."
Gerald: "I like the other guy better."
Ernst nods in agreement with Gerald. "He fed us." He adds.
Gerald: "He at least understood how to say please when asking for things and offered food instead of eating in front of us like a jackass."
Zane: "Yep."
Chandrasekhar: "Advice: Don't expect hospitality from the Crisillyir, and if it's offered, at least assume as a baseline that it's poisoned."
Phyllis: "If you look up Quital, a good starting spot is vineyards."
Zane: "Thats why I wanted his cheese and not his wine, Singh."
Ernst nods to Phyllis. "I'll keep that in mind."
Chandrasekhar: "You -can- poison cheese. You just have to be more creative."
Aleith|DM: I'm assuming someone is probably looking over the documents…?
Aleith|DM: well, unless you're walking back instead of flagging down a carriage
Phyllis: "Does the same hold true for my hospitality, Chandra?" And if no one else is, she could be glancing through them.
Aleith|DM: After a cursory readthrough, it's possible to determine that all the smuggled items might be going to a single construction project, probably something like a large
Aleith|DM: warship.
Zane: "You do seem to have a fondness for laced chocolates…"
Aleith|DM: It'd probably take a few days of determined work, possibly with some help from some of the more financially-inclined RHC staff, to determine anything more though.
Aleith|DM: It's probably, what, almost 11 when you end up back at HQ? Still pretty early, all things considered.
Zane: "Now for paperwork, a light lunch, and arresting a noble. Its going to be a productive day."
Gerald‘ makes sure Wolfgang gets in touch with their people that can handled passports and the like, since they did promise him one of those, presumably while the other are clueing Delft in and suffling papers.
Aleith|DM: When you get back, one of other constables tells you the two dragonborn arsonists agreed to talk in exchange for getting deported to Ber.
Chandrasekhar: "Oh! Wonderful."
Ernst is going to spend most of his free time researching everything he can dig up on Quital to add it to a case report.
Phyllis: "Huh."
Zane: "What can I say, its a popular place"
Aleith|DM: They informed the constables of several letters they received with orders for various factories to be burned down, and someone went to pick them up already. They were delivered by a freelance carriage driver named Albert Eccleston, who a couple of the police tracked down.
Phyllis: "Lemme guess, before they say anything, they were hired by the mayor of Cauldron Hill?"
Phyllis: "If anything, he knew we’d be distracted."
Aleith|DM: Eccleston heard enough gossip to know that the man who gave him the letters took carriages to and from Cauldron Hill, and that various carriage drivers managed to figure out there was one guy wearing various disguises going on different missions.
Aleith|DM: So, it's not Macbannin directly, but his orders came from someone in his manor at least.
their orders
Phyllis claps the person that relayed this information on the shoulder. "Good work. Thanks."
Chandrasekhar: "Wonder if there's anything else incriminating he'd like to land at our feet."
Zane: "That is an excellent question."
Aleith|DM: With this, the documents from the factory, and the documents Nilasa 'acquired', Delft starts working on getting a warrant for Reed Macbannin.
Gerald: "Man."
Gerald: "Getting to arrest the mayor. This is exciting!"
Aleith|DM: Dr. von Recklinghuasen, after arranging things with one of the staffers about the passport, asks Zane for that sparring match.
Ernst: "They're a dime a dozen anyways."
Zane is happy to oblige, of course.
Gerald: "Well sure but I mean, often does that even happen? Hardly if ever, I'd guess!'
Aleith|DM: Learned the Martial Scientist technique, Surgical Precision.
Chandrasekhar: "Oh, is that the going rate these days?"
Ernst nods to the others before going off on his own to do some research until they need him again.
Aleith|DM: It's a few hours later when the paperwork's all ready to go. You can either head to Cauldron Hill now, or wait for the morning.
Phyllis: "Mind if I help you out there, Ernst? More eyes couldn't hurt, I imagine."
[OOC] Gerald: might as well head up, don't have anything else to do and the mafia'll never think to look for us at the mayor's place!! )
Ernst blinks before shaking his head. "Not going to complain if you want to help. I just assumed I got to do all these odd jobs being the rookie and all."
[OOC] Zane: fuck waiting that gives them more time to run!
Aleith|DM: hmmm right but you could take an extended rest first
Aleith|DM: and head out early evening
Aleith|DM: depends if you want to heal up completely or not
Phyllis: "'Got to' or 'had to'?"
Ernst: "Either works really. I don't mind."
Aleith|DM: When you arrive at the gate to Macbannin's manor, the guards there greet you. One of them runs off to get the Mayor while the others tell you he should be here in a few minutes.
Ernst glances at the others. "(We DO have a perimeter set up right?)"
Gerald: "(Do you think he thinks we're here to arrest him and not talk about something releated to the Seer…?)"
Aleith|DM: Several police came with you, some of them setting up a perimeter, and some of them went to talk to the army patrolling Cauldron Hill so they wouldn't be surprised.
Chandrasekhar: "(It's possible.)"
Ernst: "(I would suspect something was up at least.)"
Zane: "(We'll find out soon enough.)"
Phyllis: "(I'm prepared for this to go tits up. Seems par for the course.)"
Zane: "(Almost definitely, yeah.)"
Aleith|DM: After a few minutes, you can see Macbannin coming out of the front door of his manor as the guards open the gate and let you through. A couple gardeners stop what they're doing as you pass through, and there's a few of the staff cleaning the porch-though the cleaning's mostly stopped as you approach.
Macbannin: "Constables! What can I help you with this time?"
Ernst lets someone else deliver the bad news.
Gerald‘ really wants to say it himself, but that’s probably being left to Zane of Chandra.
Gerald: (Or Phyllis. Someone that isn't Gerald or Ernst :()
Chandrasekhar steps forward.
Phyllis lets Chandra field this one, yes.
Chandrasekhar: "Ward MacBannin. You are under arrest." Short and sweet. It's not like they don't have a warrant.
Macbannin: "So you found me out?" He shakes his fist melodramatically, "And when I was so close to finally unlocking this mountain's dark power!"
Then he grins. "Come on, be serious," he says, with the tone of someone who's done humoring small children's fantasies. He continues in the tone of someone who’s entreating others to be reasonable: "You haven't told anyone about this yet, have you? You seem like good people—and good officers, too, I'm sure—and I wouldn't want to see you get in trouble for," he chuckles, "jumping to wild conclusions. I appreciate your diligence… but I have nothing to hide!"
At this, he spreads his hands wide. "Here," he says, decisively. "I'll show you I'm not up to anything. Allow me to give you the guided tour! Take as long as you want to look for anything amiss. Do we want to start in the basement? That's where the villain's always getting up to his nefarious deeds of ill import, right? Or the attic? Isn't that where the villain is always stashing the evidence of dark goings-on? What's your pleasure?"
Zane: "Well… yes, we had to tell people about this to properly secure a warrant."
Phyllis: "I wonder what this place looks like in the Bleak Gate."
Zane: "Which means we had to provide evidence."
Ernst: "We don't really need to search your place. Just take you into custody."
Macbannin: "A warrant, even? My, aren't we prepared."
Zane: "Which unfortunately means… we aren't really jumping anywhere."
Ernst: "So if you'd stick out the hands for the handcuffs we can be on our way."
Macbannin: "On what charges, exactly?"
Chandrasekhar: "Conspiracy. Arson. Treason. Hold out your hands, ser."
Gerald: "I'm not even sure what they labeled the evil giant undead demon cats and the sludge golems, but luckily I didn't have to fill out that bit of paperwork."
Zane: "Magical malfeasance."
Gerald: "Probably something about smuggling too…? There was a lot of stuff."
Zane: "You've been very busy. As a consequence, so have we."
Macbannin: "I see… Well, in that case-"
Several seconds of deep rumbling precedes a deafening crack as a fissure cuts its way directly through Macbannin’s manor house. The rear half of the house heaves upward 10 feet, and the rest sways and crumples, threatening to collapse completely. The hiss of fluid under pressure comes from within the damaged structure, followed by the horrified screams of dozens of workers. A moment later the wretched stench of burnt oil wafts through the garden in a thin, visible fog, and flowers begin to wilt.
Macbannin's eyes widen with shock, but he recovers with amazing aplomb. Almost casually he shouts to the window where his butler is watching. "Creed, check the reservoir. Everybody else, kill these people for me."
Zane: "Well, adding 'resisting arrest' to the paperwork shouldn't take too long.
Gerald: "Hard way works too, I guess. No promises you get shot to wound instead of kill though, it's harder to aim it right the more you resist." Gerald says as his gun appears in his hands.
The gardeners right themselves after stumbling, and begin pulling out knives. The staff start pouring out of the house, grabbing random objects for improvised weapons.
Phyllis: "You can't be serious."
Ernst: "I thought he said he had a mountain, not a fissure." He glances at the others with a deadpan expression.
Zane raises his voice to carry. "Everybody gets one warning. Stand down, disarm, and surrender, or be counted an accessory."
Phyllis: "What the hell happened to 'nothing to hide'?"
Aleith|DM: Can I roll Init please?
Aleith|DM: give me a minute
[OOC] Gerald: Sure go for it
Gerald: "Well to be fair… he's not hiding it anymore?"
Chandrasekhar: "Have you considered 'he was lying'?" Cheerfully.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Garrett | 24:Reed Macbannin | 22:Scoundrel A | 20:Zane | 20:House Staff A-L | 19:Phyllis | 17:Gerald | 13:House Staff M-V | 10:Chandra | 10:Scoundrel B | 9:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Wait, Garret y/n
Phyllis: y
Phyllis: "I can dream."
[OOC] Phyllis: light cover from the bushes I'm guessing? or does that not matter
[OOC] Phyllis: from garrett to a scoundrel
Garrett flings a dagger at scoundrel A! [Sly Flourish]
Phyllis rolled d20+15 and got 19 ( Total: 34.0 ) for CA from early initiative
Phyllis rolled d4+9 and got 3 ( Total: 12.0 )
Also rolled 2d6 and got 2, 1 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 1.50]
Total: 15.0, Avg: 2.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!
[OOC] Hachi-Roku: +another 1 because light blade expertise
Gerald: "So uh what's the deal with the earth splitting open and what not anyway, that doesn't… seem like it helped you any…?"
Ernst: "I assumed he was going for flaire."
Aleith|DM: Macbannin sighs as his house crumbles behind him. "I've been keeping this city safe from evil forces for decades. Now a couple of chumps with badges come and start messing with my staff and, I gotta say, it's kinda rubbing me the wrong way."
Chandrasekhar: "I'm sorry, I don't remember that as being part of the mayoral job description."
Hachi-Roku: "You picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue."
Zane: "Well, you will have plenty of time to plead your case with a suitably appointed legal representative. But uh, this isn't helping your odds, really."
Aleith|DM: He throws a curse at Chandrasekhar. [Tolling of the Bleak Bell]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11 ) for vs Will
Chandrasekhar: "That said I don't think the earthquake was part of his plan."
Aleith|DM: Who then ignores the distant hollow bell tolling.
Macbannin: "Quite right. This throws everything in jeopardy."
Gerald: "With that timing?"
Zane: "Breaking your own mansion does seem like a weird tactical decision."
Ernst: "I assumed he was destroying the evidence."
Aleith|DM: Scoundrel A retaliates by throwing a knife at Garrett in return.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 14 ( Total: 23 )
Zane: "Hm. Maybe."
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+6 and got 5, 3 ( Total: 14.0 )
Aleith|DM: hitting for 14!
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Phyllis: "If it's just a misunderstanding and you really are keeping the city safe, why resist?"
Gerald‘ fires a [Disruptive Shot] at the Scoundrel to save Garrett!!
Phyllis: "What process are we impeding?"
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 4 ( Total: 15 )
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 14 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 40
Aleith|DM: Roll twice more please
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 2 ( Total: 13 )
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 4 [Total: 15]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 28
Zane sidesteps, draws his bow, and fires at Macbannin. [RBA]
Aleith|DM: Whenever a creature makes an attack roll against one of Macbannin’s allies within the aura, the creature rolls twice and takes the worse result.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Abjuration Mastery
Aleith|DM: No hits.
[OOC] Phyllis: That doesn’t include Macbannin, does it?
Gerald: "Huuuh."
Aleith|DM: Sadly, no.
Zane rolled d20+10 and got 20 ( Total: 30 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Crit!
[OOC] Zane: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Zane rolled 1d6+59 and got 1 ( Total: 60 )
Chandrasekhar: "…"
Aleith|DM: Bloodied! Macbannin reels from the arrow jutting from his shoulder.
[OOC] Zane: maxed damage + furious assault + attack finesse + Assassin strike
Macbannin: "Damn it! I don't have time for this!"
Zane calmly shoots him again. [AP] "Nope, you don't."
Zane rolled d20+10 and got 12 ( Total: 22 ) for vs AC
Chandrasekhar: "You're the one who decided to resist arrest, friend. We could be at HQ clearing this up like reasonable people. Tsk."
Phyllis: "Stand down and show us, then!"
Aleith|DM: Well, down he goes. [Close Enough]
Garrett: "So!"
Gerald: "Look on the bright side."
Garrett: "The rest of you are about done now, right?"
Ernst glances at the other enemies. "So you saw how fast he dropped. Want to surrender?"
Garrett: "Toss the weapons."
Chandrasekhar quirks an eyebrow. "Are the rest of you being paid well enough to not want to vacate the premises before some untold horror lurches up out of the chasm?"
Gerald: "At least this way you're not getting shot by a shotgun!"
[OOC] Phyllis: Could I roll Diplomacy? or intimidate
Aleith|DM: Sure.
Aleith|DM: The staff is edging forwards at the moment, but-
[OOC] Phyllis: do i have to wait for my turn or is now good
Aleith|DM: Now is fine
Aleith|DM: Or Zane can Intimidate, either or.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis is just after some of the staff anyway
Phyllis: "Second warning. We can do this the easy way." Her magics tug at the desires in her listeners' hearts. [Diplomacy - Suggestion, Glib Tongue]
Phyllis rolled d20+17 and got 7 ( Total: 24.0 ) for arcana for 12, glib tongue for +5
Aleith|DM: The staff halt their advance, looking a bit worried.
Aleith|DM: The scoundrels look at each other.
Phyllis: "You just heard him. He didn't have time for this. We can either cooperate and prevent some greater disaster, or we could waste our goddamn time here."
Aleith|DM: They glance at Macbannin on the ground with a couple of arros sticking out of him.
Aleith|DM: Then they look at you.
Gerald: "I mean, I still got a lot of slugs to fire off too."
Phyllis: "Our friend here really isn't inclined to waste time, as you can see."
Gerald: "Considering they're magic and never run out."
Scoundrel A: "Alright, alright." They drop their knives.
Aleith|DM rolled 2d20 and got 8, 11 ( Total: 19 )
Phyllis: "Does anyone here know what the hell he was talking about or are we going to have to slap him awake and get him to cooperate, too?"
Gerald: "Uhh."
Gerald: "I'd assume the same stuff Gale was whining about."
Phyllis glances between the scoundrels and the staff. "Creed?"
Chandrasekhar: "At a guess there's an open reservoir of witchoil somewhere in the vicinity. Any of you louts know where it is?"
Aleith|DM: As this happens, an upheavel occurs, and a sinkhole drops down near the western porch. The column supporting part of the upstairs walkway collapses, dropping one of the staff to the ground.
Gerald‘ goes around cuffing people before the rest of the officer flood in. Which they proably did after the gun shot, I’d imagine.
Aleith|DM: The rest of them run inside.
Gerald: "Uh. Huh.."
Garrett: "That's the wrong way…"
Zane: "Escape teleporter inside, probably."
Aleith|DM: The scoundrels look at each other and shrug. "Dunno what he's doing."
Garrett: "Well yeah…"
Garrett: "But making us run just makes it worse."
Zane mage-cuffs the mayor and hands him off to the imcoming backup. "Well, lets go see, shall we."
Phyllis glances around. One of the staff should have run off back when Macbannin was giving orders. Which direction was that?
Aleith|DM: Creed ran further inside when ordered.
Aleith|DM: You're not sure where he went after that.
Phyllis: "Guess we're giving chase inside. Are we bringing the mayor in, too, or are we just trusting our own gut here?"
Aleith|DM: Well, to be fair, half the manor's crumbled now.
Zane: "Not carrying him into a death trap that he might have a secret escape hatch out of."
Phyllis nods at Garrett and Ernst. The speaking dead, and another magic user. "I like our gut's odds, at least."
Ernst nods. "Shall we?"
Garrett: "That's why we have rope, so we can tie criminals to benches and trees."
Zane pulls his arrows out of Macbannin. "I'm ready." *drip drip drip*
Phyllis: "Wake him up and see what information we can get. … if he didn't wake up from that already."
Zane smiles wolfishly.
Reed does, in fact, wake up when the arrows are yanked out. "Argh!"
Gerald‘ fires a couple of shots into the air to get the attention of the officers outside. You know, in case they weren’t moving to secure the other prisoners already.
Zane: "So where were we…"
Aleith|DM: The other officers do start heading in now, yes.
Aleith|DM: Macbannin glares at you. "Alright. It's under the garden shed."
Zane: "Define 'it' please."
Chandrasekhar: "What. Is under- yes."
Macbannin: "We need to head there now. That earthquake is going to cause havoc with the witchoil reservoir."
Zane: "Why are you even storing witchoil in the first place?"
Phyllis: "Good to hear it. Which way?"
Garrett‘` nearly laughs in surprise.
Garrett`: "Witchoil reservoir! Really!"
Aleith|DM: He nods in the direction, but doesn’t say anything more about the why.
Chandrasekhar: "Ah yes of course. I keep one of those in my basement, too."
Gerald: "Admittedly, I don't wanna be here if it goes up in flames."
Gerald‘ starts heading over.
Garrett`` heads for the garden shed.
Zane gamely drags Macbannin along. "You know what happens if you run, yes?"
Macbannin: "I know what mage cuffs are, too," he states, rolling his eyes.
Aleith|DM: The earthquake takes about a minute to settle down, and several more sinkholes appear in the meantime.
Zane: "I used ’run' for a reason, man. You may be chock full of bad life choices at the moment, but I don't think you're a complete moron."
Aleith|DM: He leads you to a shed, and just inside is a staircase leading downwards that was hidden under the boards, a few of which seem to have been hastily tossed aside to uncover it.
Macbannin: "The lab's below."
Zane: "And Creed, presumably. As well as some other nasty suprises. Do we get details?"
Macbannin: "If the pressure in the reservoir isn't relieved, it will erupt, flow down the mountain, and kill everything in its path. Of course, only I know how to adjust the flow to avert that."
Gerald‘ glances between Zane and Macbannin, shrugs and climbs down first. "Of course."
Phyllis: "Hence we woke you up."
Zane: "Well then by all means lets get you down there."
Zane sounds entirely too chipper.
Ernst: "Going a bit above and beyond your mayorly duties here aren’t we?"
Garrett: "He gets to be a hero!"
Aleith|DM: The stairs lead downwards lead 20 feet to a foyer. Toppled blackboards here list experiments scheduled in the lab. There’s enough discarded paper and supplies to suggest a good dozen people managed to flee here in the past few minutes. The air stinks of burnt oil.
Aleith|DM: Two doors lead further in, and you can hear snarling from behind the southern one.
Phyllis: "What was the command word to get those cats to obey, again?"
Zane: "I think you have to be holding onto one by the collar."
Garrett: "Had to do with their collars, innit?"
Macbannin: "Good luck with that while they're trying to claw your face off."
Phyllis: "I volunteer Zane."
Zane checks the north door first anyway. "But my face is my most redeeming feature!"
Gerald: "I mean, and I'm just assuming things here, not being an evil mad scientist wizard guy here, but like,"
Gerald: "I'd think you'd have some way of controlling the things so they don't eat *your* face off?"
Macbannin: "Well…who can say?"
Garrett: "You can."
Macbannin: "But I'm not."
Gerald‘ grabs Macbannin out of Zane’s hold, opens the door, and shoves him through it at Garrett's words. "We'll see. HEY FIDO!"
Zane: "You're a quick study, Gerald. I like that."
Phyllis: "We took you along as a courtesy, really."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 26:Flayed Jaguar A | 22:Reed Macbannin | 15:Zane | 14:Ernst | 14:Garrett | 12:Gerald | 4:Chandra | 4:Phyllis |
Aleith|DM: Fresh blood streaks the floor amid dismembered bodies. A flayed jaguar looks up as you approach. There isn't a collar. The door on the left side is open to the next room, though the door blocks sight of it.
Zane laughs. "This may not quite be the scientific test we were looking for.."
Phyllis rolls her eyes. "Okay."
Garrett: "We're agents, not scientists!"
Zane: "On the other hand I am definitely willing to let you die by your own creations, Macbannin."
Aleith|DM: The jaguar runs forward, clawing at-Gerald!
Garrett: "Wait, no, Zane is. And Phyllis."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 8 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: But misses.
Gerald‘ swats the claw away with the barrel of his gun, shoves Macbannin into the jaguar.
Aleith|DM: Reed just crawls further in and stands up.
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Gerald: "Ugh why are you being so damn stubborn? Do you *want* the city half dead because you don’t want to cooperate? Do you think this one stupid little cat is going to kill us and you're going to somehow make some grand escape out of here?"
Chandrasekhar really shouldn't be encouraging this sort of behaviour with his silence but it's quite satisfying, to be honest.
Zane shrugs and slides forward, drawing his sword and dagger to fence with the big cat. "If someone else wants to drop Macbannin again, its totally OK…" [Bastard Sword MBA]
Zane rolled d20+11 and got 17 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 2d10+7 and got 10, 2 ( Total: 19 ) for Furious Assault
Also rolled 1d8 and got 8 [Total: 8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 27
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 27!
Aleith|DM: Ernst? Garrett?
Ernst makes his way to the other set of doors and opens them up.
Aleith|DM: Oil stains the floor, the mark of experiments that created the Bleak Golem and others like it. Spare machine components sit on shelves, and pipes on the north wall dribble witchoil through tiny fissures.
Aleith|DM: Another jaguar is inside.
[OOC] Garrett: technically has that jaguar acted yet
Aleith|DM: Yes
Aleith|DM: So has the third one.
Aleith|DM: They rolled high
Ernst considers before shrugging and tossing down his punishing eye. Only he doesn't see it in the list on gametable???
Aleith|DM: There's another door that leads further in, which is open, but you can't really see in there.
Garrett‘ moves up to cover Ernst, sort of. [Opening Move]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+13 and got 16 ( Total: 29 )
Garrett` rolled 2d4+6 and got 4, 1 ( Total: 11 ) for +5 AC/Ref UEoNT
[OOC] Ernst: +4 from Eye if that isn’t there
[OOC] Garrett: it isn't there so
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ marks the jaguar as his [Prey], [Shift]s back a step, then fires a [Two-Fanged Strike] into it.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 20 ( Total: 31 )
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 13 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 55
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 15 ( Total: 26 )
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 1 [Total: 12]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 38
Gerald` rolled d6+27 and got 5 ( Total: 32 )
Also rolled 2d8+3 and got 2, 4 [Total: 9]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 41
Gerald: "Just as a reminder, the RHC is excessively competent and there is absolutely no way you’re getting away so like… just, you know, cooperate? Especially if you really do give a shit about the city as you claim and have been being a dick for the good of its people?"
Phyllis: "Maybe he just wants a 'thank you.'"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 41!] KO!
Gerald: "I'll thank him if he stops irritating me!"
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar! Phyllis!
Chandrasekhar rushes Jaguar C! [Charge + Virtuous Strike]
Aleith|DM: Inside the next room seems to be some kind of large…engine? It's barely visible though.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 17 ( Total: 26 ) for vs. AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+5 and got 8, 2 ( Total: 15 ) for radiant damage
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: plus w/e from the eye
[OOC] Zane: 19 damage!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 19!] Bloodied!
Chandrasekhar also, marks the Jaguar and shifts one square away!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis follows behind Reed and just gives him a nod. [Readied Action: if a hostile comes into sight, she'll hit them with Illusory Ambush]
Phyllis: "Sorry if the others are a little rough."
Phyllis: "Could use any explanation you've got, though."
Gerald: "Yeah it's not like he's put half the city in jepordy or anything. Multiple times."
Phyllis: "Do you know how the Bleak Gate works, Gerald?"
Macbannin: "Engine's off. We'd have light if that goes on. Plus, we need it on to adjust the flow of the reservoir in the control room downstairs."
Gerald: "Just sayin'." He shrugs.
Phyllis: "Unsavory as it is, he's the best chance we have at salvaging this incident from hurting anyone else."
Phyllis: "How do you turn it on?"
Aleith|DM: At initiative 0, the lift in the north end of the foyer starts descending from the ceiling 5 feet. 4 men are on it, including Cillian Creed, the butler.
Aleith|DM: He sees you and suddenly he's turned all black, like the man from the church.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 27:Flayed Jaguar C | 26:Flayed Jaguar A | 25:Cillian Creed | 22:Reed Macbannin | 18:Flayed Jaguar B | 16:Scoundrel B | 15:Zane | 14:Ernst | 14:Garrett | 12:Gerald | 7:Scoundrel C | 6:Scoundrel A | 4:Chandra | 4:Phyllis |
Phyllis: Hostiles? In line of sight?
Aleith|DM: Yes
Aleith|DM: You can see out the door, it's wide open and not blocking your view.
Phyllis: So my readied action goes off on 0, then?
Aleith|DM: Yes
Aleith|DM: Adjusting init
Gerald: "Are you fucking kidding me."
Gerald: "WE'RE TRYING TO SAVE THE TOWN, DON'T YOU EVEN FUCKING DARE."
Aleith|DM: Macbannin just shrugs. "I'm just going to stand here as long as these cuffs are on me, I swear."
Chandrasekhar: "I'm beginning to think our dear Mayor doesn't actually have Risur's best interests in mind."
Phyllis assaults Creed with an [Illusory Ambush]!
Gerald: "Tell your gods damned butler to stand down!"
Macbannin: "I'll let him take his chances.
Phyllis rolled d20+8 and got 17 ( Total: 25.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled d6+5 and got 1 ( Total: 6.0 ) for and takes a -2 to attack rolls UEoPNT
Zane: "Singh. Can I *please* start killing people now?"
Gerald: "I need to start taking grenades out of the armory."
Chandrasekhar: "You can certainly *hurt* them, my friend."
Zane: "Thats *not* what I asked!"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 6!
Gerald: "All I'm saying if that if anyone winds up dead we were kind of in a hurry."
[OOC] Gerald: is that if^
Zane: "I get the feeling they dont take us seriously, you know…"
Ernst turns around before sighing. "Really? Really?"
Aleith|DM: Jaguar C stalks forward and claws at Chandrasekhar.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 2 ( Total: 10 )
Aleith|DM: Jaguar A is…dead.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 27:Flayed Jaguar C | 25:Cillian Creed | 22:Reed Macbannin | 18:Flayed Jaguar B | 16:Scoundrel B | 15:Zane | 14:Ernst | 14:Garrett | 12:Gerald | 7:Scoundrel C | 6:Scoundrel A | 4:Chandra | 0:Phyllis |
Phyllis: "Ernst. If you get a moment, take a look at the engine. Figure out if we actually need Reed."
Phyllis: "You're mechanically savvy."
Aleith|DM: Cillian rolls off the platform.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 5 ( Total: 16 ) for Acrobatics
Ernst: "There could be monsters in there. I'd prefer not to go in alone."
Phyllis: "Monsters would preclude it from 'being a moment.'"
Aleith|DM: Wait no. He pulls out a polished chrome pistol, shoots at Ernst, rolls off, then slashes him with shadowy claws. [Blinding Skirmish]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 5 ( Total: 15 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 17 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+4 and got 7, 7 ( Total: 18.0 ) for Ongoing 5 necrotic and blinded (save ends both)
Aleith|DM: 18 necrotic damage to Ernst!
Aleith|DM: Jaguar B dashes in and claws at Garrett!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 20 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 19 damage!
Gerald‘ disruptive shot against the shot shot to Ernst since apparently that attack roll wasn’t actually that high.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 18 ( Total: 29 )
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 12 [Total: 23]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 52
Gerald` rolled 2d8+7 and got 6, 4 ( Total: 17 ) for And the attack misses Ernst!
Ernst nods to Gerald. "Thanks."
Aleith|DM: Scoundrel B throws a knife at Gerald.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 18 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+6 and got 6, 8 ( Total: 20.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 20
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane steps forward to fence with Creed. "You probably should let us fix this, before everything goes incredibly pear-shaped." [Bastard Sword MBA]
Zane rolled d20+11 and got 8 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 1d10+7 and got 7 ( Total: 14.0 ) for Fire damage
Also rolled 1d8 and got 7 [Total: 7 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 21.0, Avg: 7.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 10!] Creed snarls, "my boss’ll take care of it, thank you."
Gerald: "He will as soon as you stop fucking fighting us!:
Zane: "You hope so. He definitely left you in the wind for us to deal with, so…"
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ dances his dagger about in his hand and zeroes in for a [Clever Strike] on Jaguar C!
Garrett` rolled 1d20+15 and got 14 ( Total: 29 ) for CA due to the adjacent chandra
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+7 and got 2 ( Total: 9 )
Also rolled 2d6 and got 3, 5 [Total: 8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 17
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 17!
Garrett` then clips the Jaguar’s leg! [Low Slash] (minor)
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+13 and got 18 ( Total: 31 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+6 and got 1 ( Total: 7 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 7!
Garrett` then goes in again with another Clever Strike! [AP]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+15 and got 19 ( Total: 34 )
Garrett` rolled 1d4+7 and got 1 ( Total: 8 ) for slaying action, 2x the sneak!
Also rolled 2d6 and got 4, 2 [Total: 6]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 14
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Ernst sends a Curative Admixture Garretts way healing him for [+13 HP] (MiA). He then fires off Restorative Infusion at Gerald (MiA) [20 THP. As a minor you can transfer any number of your THP to another ally within 5 squares] He then considers before readjusting the eyes position. (Mv)
Aleith|DM: Gerald!~
Gerald` ’s gun glows a bit as it's magic actives and he [Nimble Strike]s Scoundral B as a minor, which includes a shift before had so he doesn't get butlered -
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 9 ( Total: 20 )
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 14 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 45
Gerald` rolled 2d8+11 and got 7, 2 ( Total: 20 )
Gerald` [Reload]s and fires off a [Twin Strike] into him as well.
Aleith|DM: Hits! [20!]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 11 ( Total: 22 )
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 12 [Total: 23]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 45
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 11 ( Total: 22 )
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 11 [Total: 22]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 44
Gerald` rolled 2d8+7 and got 5, 6 ( Total: 18 )
Also rolled 2d8+7 and got 2, 8 [Total: 17]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 35
[OOC] Ernst: Eye
Gerald` then pulls out his other gun and fires another [Twin Shot] off. [AP]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 19 ( Total: 30 ) for first at the same guy
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 1 [Total: 12]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 42
[OOC] Gerald: been counting it yes
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 19 ( Total: 30 ) for second at A since the first target is KOd regardless of roll
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 19 [Total: 30]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 60
Gerald` rolled 2d8+7 and got 7, 8 ( Total: 22 )
Aleith|DM: B is [KO’d!] A is hit for [22!]
Gerald: "Guns!"
Aleith|DM: Scoundrels A and C throw knives at Zane and Ernst!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+9(1) and got 13 ( Total: 22.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+9(2) and got 1 [Total: 10.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 32.0, Avg: 7.00
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+6 and got 5, 4 ( Total: 15.0 )
Aleith|DM: 15 damage to Zane!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar takes a step towards Jaguar D, shouts, and plunges his sword into it! [Valorous Smite]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 11 ( Total: 20 ) for vs. AC
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: do I win ties I forget
[OOC] Gerald: you do!
[OOC] Garrett: yes
[OOC] Gerald: tie goes to attacker
[OOC] Zane: attacker wins ties
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+5 and got 3, 7 ( Total: 15 ) for each enemy within 3 squares subject to divine sanction
Aleith|DM: All but Scoundrel A
[OOC] Ernst: Eye
Chandrasekhar then swings his sword again as it glows with sunlight! [AP]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 17 ( Total: 26 ) for vs. AC Righteous Smite
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+5 and got 7, 4 ( Total: 16 ) for me and every ally in 5 squaresgains 7 T.HP
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: plus eye
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 19!] [20!] Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis scoots north a bit and hits the crowd with a [Color Spray].
Phyllis: Well, first, a [Mage Hand] shows up in the middle of them.
Phyllis rolled 3#d20+10(1) and got 2 ( Total: 12.0 ) for vs Will, CA
Also rolled 3#d20+10(2) and got 6 [Total: 16.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+10(3) and got 20 [Total: 30.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 58.0, Avg: 9.33
[OOC] Phyllis: forgot to call order guh
Aleith|DM: Creed, scoundrels
Aleith|DM: Is my init order
Aleith|DM: Miss, hit, hit!
[OOC] Zane: noooo creed needs to eat that crit ;_;
Aleith|DM: oh right that's a crit
Phyllis rolled d6+5 and got 5 ( Total: 10.0 ) for hit, radiant damage and dazed UEoPNT
Phyllis rolled d6+11 and got 2 ( Total: 13.0 ) for crit
[OOC] Ernst: Eye
[OOC] Phyllis: PLUS EYE GOSH
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!] Bloodied! [17!
Aleith|DM: The elevator descends 5 more feet to 10 feet.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Cillian Creed | 22:Reed Macbannin | 18:Flayed Jaguar B | 16:Scoundrel B | 15:Zane | 14:Ernst | 14:Garrett | 12:Gerald | 7:Scoundrel C | 6:Scoundrel A | 4:Chandra | 0:Phyllis |
[OOC] Phyllis: AP!
Aleith|DM: Okay
Phyllis shoves the crowd away with [Beguiling Strands!]
Phyllis rolled 3#d20+10(1) and got 18 ( Total: 28.0 ) for again vs will, creed then scoundrels
Also rolled 3#d20+10(2) and got 3 [Total: 13.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+10(3) and got 15 [Total: 25.0 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Total: 66.0, Avg: 12.00
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Phyllis: 4 + 4 (eye) damage, and pushes one scoundrel off the lift and Creed under it.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+2 and got 18 ( Total: 20 )
Phyllis: Unless they save or something.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 17 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: They fall prone instead
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 4!] [8!] [8!
Aleith|DM: Creed stands up, loads his pistol [Minor], then slashes at Phyllis before shooting at Gerald.
[OOC] Zane: izzat an OA from me on the pistol?
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 18 ( Total: 26 )
Aleith|DM: wait
Aleith|DM: no
Aleith|DM: Sanction
Vweooorp zoom flash! [Proc]
Aleith|DM: noooooo
[OOC] Zane: *dunking motion*
Aleith|DM: Light burns away the man’s matte black skin, revealing for a moment raw muscle and sinew and weeping rivulets of blood before his cloak of shadowy flesh reforms.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 16 ( Total: 24 )
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: for… 7 radiant I believe, plus eye maybe?
Zane: "Oh yes…."
Aleith|DM rolled 2d8+4 and got 4, 2 ( Total: 10.0 )
[OOC] Ernst: No to hit roll so no bonus eye damage
[OOC] Phyllis: I think eye's just from attacks, not this
Aleith|DM: 10 necrotic and ongoing 5 necrotic + blind (SE both) to Phyllis!
Zane also stabs the shit out of him now for using a pistol in melee :D [OA]
Aleith|DM: Now people can OA him yes
Zane rolled d20+11 and got 17 ( Total: 28 )
Zane rolled 1d10+11 and got 10 ( Total: 21.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 21!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 2 ( Total: 10 )
Ernst lowers his shotgun disappointed that he can't blast the shit out of this guy since he missed.
Aleith|DM: He then moves aside as part of his Blinding Skirmish.
Aleith|DM: And then slashes at Gerald. The claws lash out from across the room. [AP -> Eclipse Claw, Melee 3]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 20 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 20 damage!
Aleith|DM: And ongoing 5 necrotic + blind (SE)
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: do I proc again for that
Ernst fires a blast at the bastard for that one. [Shocking Feedback]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 5 ( Total: 17.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 15 [Total: 27.0 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Total: 44.0, Avg: 10.00
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar shouts in anger and an image of Srasama appears!
Ernst rolled 3d8+11 and got 4, 1, 2 ( Total: 18.0 ) for Gerald gains resist 5
[4 fire and radiant damage]
Gerald: "Wha -"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!] [4!] Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: The shadow man growls in pain, and as his blood strikes the ground your own shadow comes alive and thrashes in shared agony. [Torrent of Shadows]
Aleith|DM rolled 6#d20+8(1) and got 8 ( Total: 16.0 ) for vs Will
Also rolled 6#d20+8(2) and got 18 [Total: 26.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+8(3) and got 5 [Total: 13.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+8(4) and got 4 [Total: 12.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+8(5) and got 10 [Total: 18.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+8(6) and got 17 [Total: 25.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 110.0, Avg: 10.33
Aleith|DM: Ernst, Phyllis, and Zane are Immobilized (SE)!
Aleith|DM: Creed gains Phasing UEoNT
Ernst: "That's… suboptimal. I was going to move to Gerald next."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Cillian Creed | 22:Reed Macbannin | 18:Flayed Jaguar B | 16:Scoundrel B | 15:Zane | 14:Ernst | 14:Garrett | 12:Gerald | 7:Scoundrel C | 6:Scoundrel A | 4:Chandra | 0:Phyllis |
Gerald: "That sure was a lot of things hapening all at once."
Aleith|DM: Jaguar B slashes at Chandra!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12 )
Gerald: "I think? I stopped seeing at some point."
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane shrugs, whips out his bow, and pops Creed with a shot, possibly two.
Zane rolled d20+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Zane definitely [AP] to try that again haha
Zane rolled d20+10 and got 14 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Aleith|DM: Macbannin moves a bit further away from the commotion. [Shift]
Zane rolled 2d8+9 and got 7, 7 ( Total: 23.0 )
Also rolled 2d10 and got 7, 2 [Total: 9 (Low), Avg: 4.50]
Total: 32.0, Avg: 5.75
[OOC] Zane: Death Attack
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: He drops, reverting to his appearance as Macbannin's butler.
Gerald: "Did you get him?"
Gerald: "I heard a thud."
Ernst: "He's on the floor at least. Not moving."
Aleith|DM: With grossly disfiguring wounds, though.
Gerald: "Am I clear to be sassy to our prisoner?"
Gerald: "Cool."
Aleith|DM: Ernst? Garrett?
Gerald: "He took his chances, and lost. Can we stop being dumb now?"
Garrett‘ grasps a red jewel into his hand! Light shines out from between his fingers! [Item Daily, Minor Action - Power Jewel] [Refreshed Low Sweep]
Garrett` then flits about and stabs at Jaguar B while it’s giving Chandra a sidelong glance! [Clever Strike]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+15 and got 17 ( Total: 32 ) for CA
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+10 and got 3 ( Total: 13 ) for this is including the eye
Also rolled 2d6 and got 4, 2 [Total: 6]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 19
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 19!
Garrett` then whacks the same Jaguar across the legs! [Low Sweep] (minor)
Garrett` rolled 1d20+13 and got 2 ( Total: 15 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Miss!
[OOC] Garrett: I tried~
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst lazily aims a shotgun over his shoulder and finishes off the chimera. [Burning Weapon]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+12(1) and got 1 ( Total: 13.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+12(2) and got 5 [Total: 17.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 30.0, Avg: 3.00
[OOC] Ernst: Heroic Effort
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: or not
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Ernst rolled d8+10 and got 6 ( Total: 16.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: That wasn’t that lazy apparently.
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Ernst then casually reloads two of his shotguns. [Garrett Zane and Phyllis do +4 damage UeoNT]
[OOC] Phyllis: is it weapon damage only
[OOC] Ernst: Oh and Chandra
[OOC] Ernst: Yeah
Aleith|DM: With Weapon or Fire attacks
Gerald: "I'll take that as a 'keep shooting your minions for no reason', then."
[OOC] Phyllis: Ha Ha Ha what weapon or fire attacks :(
[OOC] Ernst: :(
Aleith|DM: You're a wizard??? Pick up some Evocation spells.
Gerald‘ [Reload], [Twin Strike], and turns on his cloak damage to keep the Resist 5 going for another round.
[OOC] Zane: I’ll take Phyllis' bonus since I have both weapon and fire :D
Phyllis: No!
Macbannin shrugs. "That's what I pay them for."
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+6(1) and got 7 ( Total: 13 )
Also rolled 2#d20+6(2) and got 5 [Total: 11]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 24
Gerald` rolled d20 and got 6 ( Total: 6 ) for save
Aleith|DM: Sadly, the shot goes wide
Chandrasekhar: "What can you possibly hope to gain at this point from this resistance?"
Gerald: "He’s going for the " biggest asshole in flint " award."
Aleith|DM: The scoundrels….
Garrett: "To be fair he's got some really stiff competition."
Ernst: "I think I'm going to drop out of that competition. I just can't keep up with these guys."
Zane: "Guys, didn't we go through this upstairs?"
Zane points at their dead boss. Again.
Aleith|DM: A and C put up their empty hands. "Alright, we give."
Garrett: "It keeps happening."
Aleith|DM: To be fair, they're different scoundrels.
Phyllis: "I'm glad you can see to reason."
Garrett‘ collars Reed and marches him to the engine room.
Gerald` rubs the gunk out of his eyes or … shadow or whatever. That sure was weird! Magic, man.
Zane: "Better. Lie down on the platform and put your hands behind your head. We’re not going to kill you we're too goddamn busy."
Aleith|DM: C drops prone. A already is.
Phyllis: "Ernst, follow them."
Aleith|DM: The lift takes several more seconds to lower to ground level, and it's easy to flip the switch to stop it.
Ernst: "One moment." He fiddles with his amulet and takes a few seconds to shake off the immobilize.
Gerald` cuffs all the scoundrals, then scurries on after Garrett and the others.
Chandrasekhar tromps on along with everyone, shaking his head. What -idiocy- is even happening here?
Ernst takes a look at that engine now.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License