Zg Session 137d

Aleith|DM: When your senses come back to you, you find yourself covered in a sheet, lying on your back. The additional spatial sense you have from the duplicant alerts you that you're not on ground level. You can hear jeering outside, in both Common and Giant.
Zane speaks both of those, and takes a few minutes to listen in as he figures out who is currently is and what he's got to work with.
Aleith|DM: The jeering seems to be directed at what sounds to be some prisoners heading towards the central square for public execution. Most of the taunting is about them being 'savages'.
[OOC] Zane: *who he currently is
Aleith|DM: Yourself. The duplicant makes you look exactly like yourself.
Zane: "… Shit." He looks around the room and begins bustling about, first things first a disguise and then some chemistry and finally some damned knives as last resort.
Aleith|DM: You're in a loft above a stable.
Aleith|DM: With your hat's abilities, the disguise isn't much of a worry, at least. You can still use that effect across the soul link.
[OOC] Zane: Oh thank god lol I was about to have to work with like 'rub dirt on the face to change the shadows of your features' like I was in SERE training or something lol
Aleith|DM: You can find a few things, sharp or blunt, that you can use easily enough as a weapon, at least.
Zane tucks the makeshift weapons away and slinks out of the stables looking like a beggar, steering clear of the crowds as best he can. Gotta find a restaurant. Specifically gotta find a restaurants trash. No Dragon Bile poison on-hand, but we can fake it with some rancid garlic oil and a few other choice additives.
Aleith|DM: The stable is on Monument Road, on the northern border of Seobriga.
Aleith|DM: You can see the line of prisoners in the distance being herded towards the central square down the road.
Aleith|DM: The crowd lining the street makes some remarks about today's executions should a good wone, because they're killing an executore dola liberta, some gnoll who refused to obey.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: should be a good one
Zane makes a small dose of his substitute toxin and keeps moving, heading into another alleyway as a beggar and emerging as a reasonable well-dressed local from the other end. Best hat. He makes his way towards the execution, listening to see if the Bruse will be in attendance.
Aleith|DM: It's easy to find out from the crowd that the Bruse oversees the executions personally.
Zane flows through the crowd like a ghost, unnoticeable and unremarkable as he heads to the square. if the Bruse personally oversees the executions, that makes this both easier and harder. All he has to do is coat the handle of whatever implement is used for the killing, and the Bruse will die simply from holding it.
Aleith|DM: The central square is mostly like it was back when it held daily protests instead. However, a lantern tower has been constructed above the teleport beacon you used to arrive here over a year ago. Ropes stretch out from its first story roof of the tower to the roofs of the buildings surrounding the square, and propaganda flags hang from them.
Aleith|DM: As you approach the square, you feel a psychic projection in our mind, granting you a view of the imminent execution.
Aleith|DM: Bruse Shantus walks down a long row of prisoners, flanked by a pair of king-bred tyrannosaurs draped in royal raiment, and accompanied by Brakken of Heffanita, who telepathically projects the ruler's proclamation.
Aleith|DM: The Bruse shouts, "Don't look away, citizens! These savages before us were given a chance to obey our laws, but they rejected us. Disobedience is an uncivil serpent, and we must strike off its head before it poisons us. Let all who would resist our unity smell the blood spilled today, and know we shall come for them soon!"
Aleith|DM: Brakken hands the Bruse a ceremonial greatsword, but as he hefts it, a prisoner at the center of the line stands, even though she has to awkwardly heave up two goblins who are manacled to her.
Aleith|DM: You arrive at the square now, close enough to see it both physicially and psychically, as the gnoll, Glaucia Evora, spits at the Bruse. "We were never a nation of obedience, tyrant! We were a nation of justice. On this killing field, you might cut us down, but our blood will water a new crop of revolution. Better a savage than a slave."
Zane moves through the crowd a little more quickly, weaving among his countrymen. He gets as close as he can and then literally fades from sight [Untraceable Step] as he now races to stop the execution of a former ally.
Bruse: "Then you shall be the first to splash blood upon the fields!" He raises the greatsword high-
Zane fades back into sight as he springs on the Bruses back. "WE DO NOT BOW TO TYRRANY IN BER!" His legs lock around the minotaurs neck as he grabs the horns and wrenches violently to the side and back, shattering bones and severing the spine with a terible crunching noise. [Masterstroke, Assassins Strike, Furious Assault]
Zane rolled 1d20+38 and got 3 ( Total: 41.0 ) for unarmed MBA with CA from stealth
[OOC] Zane: sigh
[OOC] Zane: Oh and +1 from charging
Aleith|DM: It hits!
Zane rolled 6d8+27 and got 2, 5, 3, 2, 8, 6 ( Total: 53.0 ) for 2d8 base, 3d8 attack finesse, 1d8 furious assault, 7d10 assassinate, 5d6 brute dice on a 1-handed weapon
Also rolled 7d10 and got 4, 8, 2, 8, 6, 3, 8 [Total: 39 (High), Avg: 5.57]
Also rolled 5d6 and got 1, 5, 1, 1, 1 [Total: 9 (Low), Avg: 1.80]
Total: 101.0, Avg: 4.11
Aleith|DM: From the rooftops nearby leaps a tall figure, one you vaguely recognize but was not dressed in a shimmering suit of armour the last time you spoke with him. Sor Daeron holds his crystalline right arm up in front of him, bracing to catch the greatsword and protect the gnoll. The sword swing is off-centre though, as the Bruse staggers from the sudden blow from behind him, and the aged eladrin easily manages to deflect the blade towards the ground. [101!]
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 34:Defence Squad C | 31:Defence Squad B | 30:Defence Squad D | 29:Bruse Shantus | 22:Tyrannosaur B | 22:Defence Squad A | 19:Sor Daeron | 18:Tyrannosaur A | 15:Galucia Evora |
Aleith|DM: Round 1! Zane!
Aleith|DM: Explosives go off across the square, a series of arcane pyrotechnics which cause the ground of the square to catch fire in the shape of a giant S hundreds of feet across. Then smaller pyrotechnics trigger in the side streets, scaring the crowd away and creating a path for the prisoners to escape.
Zane flicks a short wooden club out of his sleeve and pivots away from the greatsword, lashing out with a savage kick to the Bruse's knee [MBA, possible AP]
Zane rolled 1d20+36 and got 13 ( Total: 49.0 ) for Unarmed MBA
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 4d8+27 and got 4, 2, 7, 1 ( Total: 41.0 ) for AP incoming
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 41!
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Zane then whirls as the bruse is knocked low enough, his empty hand slapping over the minotaurs muzzle. [AP -> Insanity Mist and I think he's still flatfooted so he cant make an OA?)
Zane rolled 1d20+35 and got 12 ( Total: 47.0 ) for forgot I still had CA
Zane rolled 3d8+31 and got 4, 8, 3 ( Total: 46.0 )
Zane: "DEATH BEFORE SLAVERY!"
Zane doesnt actually use that Insanity Mist becuase his player is bad at this. So we'll Hidden Stab him instead.
Aleith|DM: Bruse Shantus smears his own blood across his face and goes mad, striking everything that comes near. [Bloody Frenzy: immune to dazed, stunned, and similar conditions that would deny him actions until the end of the encounter]
Aleith|DM: Same damage?
Zane rolled 2d8+27 and got 2, 4 ( Total: 33.0 ) for and the Bruse is Grabbed [Immobilized, grants CA, -2 to his first escape attempt]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33!
Zane: "Quickly friends, once he's gone this madness should stop!"
Aleith|DM: The City Defence Squads raise their weapons, scanning for targets, but the Bruse's Primitive Presence aura prevents them from firing into the melee.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Primitive Presence: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to creatures in the aura if the attacker is outside the target’s melee reach.
Aleith|DM: The minotaur ruler bares his teeth, lunges, and slams his horns into you in a savage frenzy. [Bite]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+35 and got 1 ( Total: 36 )
Aleith|DM: But he misses.
Aleith|DM: He tries to get free, as well.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 7 ( Total: 34 ) for Athletics
Aleith|DM: But doesn't succeed.
Aleith|DM: Tyrannosaur B moves in, [Kick]ing at Zane before [Bite]ing at Sor Daeron. [Primal Mauling]
Aleith|DM: !20 +33 ; vs Fort
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 20 ( Total: 53 ) for vs Fort
[OOC] Zane: god damn it Sugar lmao
Aleith|DM: 15 damage! Zane is knocked prone and restrained as long as the T-Rex is above or adjacent to him!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+35 and got 9 ( Total: 44 )
Aleith|DM: The bite glances off of Sor Daeron's armour, however. [Armour from the Age of Legends: +4 to defences if he did not attack on his last turn]
Aleith|DM: Sor Daeron flicks his scimitar, and a whip of electricity flies at Tyrannosaur B! [Lightning Lash]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+35 and got 4 ( Total: 39 ) for OA Bite from the T-Rex
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 13 ( Total: 46 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: 10 lightning damage, and the Tyrannosaur is knocked away from the melee!
Aleith|DM: He then slashes multiple times with his scimitar at the Bruse, each strike leaving an arc of lightning behind it. [Dervish Dance]
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+37(1) and got 7 ( Total: 44.0 )
Also rolled 3#d20+37(2) and got 16 [Total: 53.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+37(3) and got 4 [Total: 41.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 138.0, Avg: 9.00
Aleith|DM rolled 2#2d6+28(1) and got 5, 6 ( Total: 39.0 )
Also rolled 2#2d6+28(2) and got 3, 5 [Total: 36.0 (Avg), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 75.0, Avg: 4.75
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 55 damage and 20 lightning damage! KO!
Aleith|DM: Tyrannosaur A moves in and kicks at Sor Daeron, before biting at Zane! [Primal Mauling]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 18 ( Total: 51 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+37 and got 10 ( Total: 47 )
Aleith|DM: Sor Daeron takes 15 damage and is trapped under the T-Rex's foot. Zane takes 35 damage and is grabbed by the beast in its mouth!
[OOC] Zane: I can work with that
Aleith|DM: Glaucia takes a step back, the chains binding her glowing hot before snapping. She shouts, and a column of shining flame roars down to engulf the Tyrannosaur and the Bruse. [Pillar of Fire]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 15 ( Total: 46.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 11 [Total: 42.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 88.0, Avg: 13.00
Aleith|DM: The Bruse and the Tyrannosaur take 30 fire and radiant damage. A ghost councillor briefly flickers into view over the Bruse, snarling.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 34:Defence Squad C | 31:Defence Squad B | 30:Defence Squad D | 22:Tyrannosaur B | 22:Defence Squad A | 19:Sor Daeron | 18:Tyrannosaur A | 15:Glaucia Evora |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
Zane pulls a small hoof-paring knife out of his belt and jams it into the roof of the T-rexes mouth to [Escape, move] when it opens its jaws, and then vanishes as he falls to the ground [Jaunt] only to reappear with his boot on the Bruces neck. He snarls at the ghost councillor, "Now you know how it feels. Burn."
Zane rolled 1d20+32 and got 4 ( Total: 36.0 ) for Acrobatics
Zane rolled d20+35 and got 18 ( Total: 53 )
Aleith|DM: Hit! You've got him pinned!
Aleith|DM: City Defence Squads B and D move into position, raise their rifles, and unless a Musket Fusillade!
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+35(1) and got 18 ( Total: 53.0 ) for Zane, Sor Daeron, Glaucia
Also rolled 3#d20+35(2) and got 5 [Total: 40.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+35(3) and got 2 [Total: 37.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 130.0, Avg: 8.33
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+35(1) and got 1 ( Total: 36.0 ) for Zane, Sor Daeron, Glaucia
Also rolled 3#d20+35(2) and got 20 [Total: 55.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+35(3) and got 1 [Total: 36.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 127.0, Avg: 7.33
Aleith|DM: Zane and Sor Daeron each take 20 damage!
Zane is really glad gerald isnt around to see this as he bobs, weaves, and literally snatches a few bullets out of the air to evade the attack. [Bullet Slice]
Aleith|DM: A masked figure in a dashing hat swings in on one of the ropes that lead from the outer buildings to the tower, landing by the other prisoners, beginning to fight off some of the soldiers while tossing out weapons to the prisoners so that they can make a break for it.
Aleith|DM: The Bruse struggles weakly under your foot, mostly-unconcious, before the ghost councillor attached to him wails as he fades from sight. [30 fire/radiant!]
Aleith|DM: Some of the crowd starts to exclaim about what's going on in disbelief, shock, or horror.
Aleith|DM: Tyrannosaur B moves in before reaching down and biting on the trapped eladrin's crystalline limb. The might beast begins to pull on the arm…. [Rend and Tear]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+37 and got 4 ( Total: 41 )
Zane yells to be heard, "Glaucia, the Bruse. Please. The Obscurati are gone."
Aleith|DM: The bite clamps down and breaks through the arm…and it turns to sand around the teeth.
Aleith|DM: Sor Daeron then reforms the arm quickly, struggling to pull himself out from the other dinosaur. [Wound from the Holy War]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
Aleith|DM: He then flicks his scimitar at T-Rex A. [Lightning Lash]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+37(1) and got 15 ( Total: 52.0 ) for OAs
Also rolled 2#d20+37(2) and got 2 [Total: 39.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 91.0, Avg: 8.50
Aleith|DM: 35 damage as T-Rex A bites him!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+31 and got 16 ( Total: 47 ) for Vs Ref
Aleith|DM: But he manages to shove the dinosaur away! [10!]
Aleith|DM: He attempts to escape the new grab…
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 10 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: But fails. His scimitar flashes out again!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+35 and got 15 ( Total: 50 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+28 and got 3, 2 ( Total: 33.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 33!
Aleith|DM: Tyrannosaur A charges at Glaucia!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+36 and got 18 ( Total: 54 )
Aleith|DM: Snatching her up in its jaws! [35!]
Aleith|DM: Glaucia barks a sacred word and purges the area of her magic. [Dispelling Word]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 6 ( Total: 21 ) for Escape
Aleith|DM: And then strikes her still-red-hot chains against the Tyrannosaur. [Fight with her own Chains]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 20 ( Total: 53 )
Aleith|DM: 10 damage. The next time the Tyrannosaur attacks, it takes 25 fire/radiant damage!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 34:Defence Squad C | 31:Defence Squad B | 30:Defence Squad D | 22:Tyrannosaur B | 22:Defence Squad A | 19:Sor Daeron | 18:Tyrannosaur A | 15:Glaucia Evora |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Aleith|DM: The city defence squards are starting to have problems as some of the now-armed prisoners and the other citizens are beginning to rebel against them, tying them up!
Zane watches the T-rex and Sor Daeron battle back and forth before lashing out with that hook-paring knife. The slash comes just as the lizard sticks its head out, scoring deeply into the flesh of its exposed throat. [MBA!]
Zane rolled 1d20+36 and got 1 ( Total: 37.0 )
[OOC] Zane: sugar pls
Aleith|DM: Tyrannosaur B kicks at Zane while biting down on Sor Daeron some more! [Primal Mauling]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 18 ( Total: 51 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: 15 damage, prone and restrained!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+37 and got 6 ( Total: 43 )
Aleith|DM: But the teeth don't get a purchase on the armour this time.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Aleith|DM: Sor Daeron tries to escape!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+18 and got 1 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: And then lashes out with a lightning slash!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+35 and got 14 ( Total: 49 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d6+28 and got 1, 5 ( Total: 34.0 )
Aleith|DM: He blasts it with point-blank magic! [Lightning Lash]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+37 and got 10 ( Total: 47 ) for OA
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 18 ( Total: 51 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: The tyrannosaur reflexively bites down on him, but then goes flying and collapses! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: The other dinosaur moves over and tries to stomp on Sor Daeron while chomping on Glaucia! [Primal Mauling]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+37 and got 6 ( Total: 43 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+35 and got 10 ( Total: 45 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: It steps on him for 15, but the backlash from Glaucia's chains deals 35 damage to it! But Glaucia also takes 35 damage.
Aleith|DM: Glaucia struggles to get free.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+15 and got 17 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: But strikes with her chains again.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 11 ( Total: 44 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 10!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Zane | 34:Defence Squad C | 31:Defence Squad B | 30:Defence Squad D | 22:Tyrannosaur B | 22:Defence Squad A | 19:Sor Daeron | 18:Tyrannosaur A | 15:Glaucia Evora |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane steps beside Sor Daeron and strikes out at the last T-Rex. [MBA]
Zane rolled 1d20+36 and got 4 ( Total: 40.0 )
[OOC] Zane: *throws hands in the air* IM TAKING A NAP WAKE ME UP WHEN THE PNCS HAVE WON
Aleith|DM: Sor Daeron stands up and slashes at the dinosaur.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+35 and got 19 ( Total: 54 )
Aleith|DM: And kills it.
Zane nods at Daeron. Glaucia gets a genuine smile. "I am glad I made it in time."
Aleith|DM: The crowd continues to shout, wrestle, and attack the soldiers, though some of them are starting to throw down their weapons as well.
Glaucia: "Not a moment too late, constable. Thank you for your assistance once again."
Aleith|DM: The crowd starts turning to all you for guidance.
Aleith|DM: The masked man walks over as Sor Daeron starts gesturing towards him for their concerns.
Damata: "Damata Griento, freedom fighter, at your service, Mr. Bieito. Or should I say Mr. Batali?" He winks. "Good to see you again."
Zane starts laughing. "Damata Griento! I would never have suspected! it is good to see you alive and well, my friend."
[OOC] Zane: brb
Sor Daeron: "I was fighting back against the Ob in the early days after Risur fell when I found myself taking shelter in the man's home. He decided to help me fight back against the Obscurati."
Aleith|DM: Damata turns towards the crowd, boldy calls for the crowd to march on the nearby prison camp and free the rest of the 'savages'.
Aleith|DM: The crowd cheers, but before they depart, Glaucia Evora grabs the half-orc and threatens that if he tries to turn this revolution to his personal gain, she will beat him until he wouldn’t need a mask to conceal his face anymore.
Zane smiles. "it is good to be home."
Aleith|DM: As the crowd marches with Damata at its head, Glaucia and Sor turn their attention back towards Zane.
Glaucia: "Your parents are still in the camp. I'm sure they will get them out of there."
Glaucia: "Is there anything else we can do to help you?"
Zane is gently realigning the Bruse's partially-shattered spine. "Thank the gods. Glaucia, if you would be so kind? The Obscurati ghost ruling him is gone, he should be returned to his usual former, slightly moronic self."
Glaucia: "Alright. And if he isn't, I'll slap some sense into him." She begins to start working some healing magic on him.
Zane: "Good, that means I can go back to Risur without worrying."
Sor Daeron: "You have a plan to stop them?"
Zane smiles, bloodthirsty and savage. "Cut off the heads of the hydra, free the world, kill Nicodemus. Hunt the remants of his organization until I die."
Zane: "At least I'll never be bored."
Sor Daeron: "Nicodemus…the man…ghost? Who smelled like smoky leaf, right? Kill the man for turning me against Kasvarina all those years ago."
Zane: "The same. I'll put your reason on the list."
Glaucia: "Best of luck to you. We're all counting on you. If you need our support, let us know."
Zane looks at Glaucia, nods. "Give my parents my love, apologize to them for me that I could not stay longer. We are all pressed for time, quite literally."
Glaucia nods. "I will."
Zane embraces the gnoll and runs back to the stable, returning the duplicant to its original resting place before disconnecting.
Pemberton helps you out of the duplicant setup. "All done?"
Zane: "Just barely." He looks at the duplicant. "You're not off my list, but you have earned a head start."
Pemberton frowns. "I was hoping for a bit more than that, but I will keep that in mind if we pull this off. Everyone else is finished, so we can get ready to head for Axis Island."
Zane: "Inacht has spent three hundred years earning his pardon. You have been working on it for a few months. We shall see what happens."
Pemberton: "I suppose that's fair enough."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License