Zg Session 137b

Aleith|DM: Your senses momentarily blank out with the blindfold and earmuffs on, but when you came back to your senses as Pemberton pours the witchoil on the stones, you find yourselves lying down, backwards, on a wooden pallet, with a sheet lying over top of you.
Aleith|DM: As for how you know what lying on a wooden pallet feels like? That was a much earlier case…
[OOC] Aleith|DM: -backwards +on your backs
Garrett‘ sits up and moves the sheet from his face, and then instinctively looks down at his hands.
Aleith|DM: Well, they look like your hands, thanks to the soul link to the duplicant.
Garrett: "(Right. Thought this was gonna be weirder.)"
Aleith|DM: But you can see threads connecting your and Ernst’s bodies trailing off distantly to the east.
Aleith|DM: (Ernst, of course, cannot.)
Ernst slowly stands up before glancing around. "(You've got a plan, I assume?)"
Aleith|DM: You seem to be in a warehouse.
Garrett: "(Scope the area, find the highest value target, extrude their heart from them as fast and quiet as possible.)"
Ernst: "(Sounds more like your forte, honestly. I'll follow your lead, I guess.)"
Aleith|DM: From what Harkover knew, the person in charge in Cherage is one of the Obscurati's agents that was at the Convocation a couple years ago, Gardienne du Cherage. She should be at the rail enclave where you stopped before 3 years ago on your cross-continent railway trip.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: make that 1.5/2.5 years ago I guess
Garrett: "(Fortunately you're here with me- with the target being the rail enclave, I'd need you to stop any particularly explosive reactions.)"
Garrett: "(Or runaway trains. Or errant bombs. You get the idea.)"
Garrett‘ creeps over to a window and peers around, lying low.
Aleith|DM: The warehouse lies near the city’s harbour.
Ernst nods back, trailing after Garrett. "(I certainly hope I do not have to deal with another bomb ridden train.)"
Aleith|DM: Even out here, numerous people are lined up, heading slowly in the direction of the enclave.
Aleith|DM: Many of them look destitute or hopeless.
Aleith|DM: Lanterns are scattered around the city, shedding a dull brown light, much like in Flint.
Garrett: "(Ah, yeah, we'll also need to disable some lanterns, too.)"
Aleith|DM: Just street lamps, not wayfarer's lanterns.
Garrett: "(…should they be around. Gods know I hope there's other likeminded- in a sense- pockets of resistance willing to help take back control.)"
Garrett: "(Anyway, we're in luck, there's tons of people here. Act taciturn and mill in with the rest of them, we seem to be heading for the same place.)"
Ernst: "(Do you have an easy way to track the target…? Or is this going to be a shot in the dark.)"
Aleith|DM: You've got to move a lot faster than they are if you want to get to the enclave with enough time to stop them before they might get word from elsewhere, however.
Garrett: "(Mmmm…)" What's the area like leading -up- to the rail enclave. He remembers what happened last time he tried to jaunt directly to a critical destination.
Aleith|DM: There's scattered guards, but mostly the compound just seems to be filled with more disconsolate people. Security seems to be fairly light.
Garrett: "(I remember that Gardienne was a tiefling, and as much as they reference 'obscure,' the Obs don't quite hide their ranks that well.)"
Ernst: "(I imagine I would be more noticeable if I flew from roof to roof. So I will simply follow your lead.)"
Garrett: "(Then follow this- I'm jaunting between those two buildings over there, into the shadows. We'll ask a question and then move along from there.)"
Garrett‘ scans a bit towards the enclave, finding a less-populated and well shaded area to jaunt towards.
Aleith|DM: You find one at the entrance to a sidestreet close to the enclave’s entrance.
Aleith|DM: Jaunting there puts you much closer to the enclave. From there, you can see a lantern tower-the only one you've seen here so far-rising from the main train platform.
Garrett‘ jaunts, and then reflects a bit of lantern light off of a silver coin back towards Ernst, giving him a target to jaunt towards.
Ernst follows after Garrett before casually remarking. "(You do recall I can only do that once, right?)"
Garrett: "(Ehh, well, we shouldn’t need to do it again.)"
[OOC] Garrett: What's the enclave entrance like
Aleith|DM: There's a few guards standing around as people shuffle slowly inside. The walls surroudning the enclave are about 10 feet high.
Garrett: "(Up and over.)"
Ernst nods back letting Garrett scale the wall first. He then flies over it if he gets a signal that it is safe.
Garrett‘ subtly flies over and gives the area a once-over.
Aleith|DM: It’s clear.
Garrett‘ . o O (Head on up.) He descends as well, and starts moving deeper within.
Ernst glances around as he walks noting his surroundings.
Aleith|DM: As you get closer, you can see a bunch of people waiting on the train platform, apparently for the next train. Several guards stand near the rail tracks to make sure nobody jumps on to them.
Aleith|DM: Atop the lantern tower, you spot Gardienne du Cherage standing there, shouting towards the despondant masses.
Ernst: "(Is that our target?)"
Aleith|DM: As you’ve travelled through the city, you've spotted various slogans on posters adorning walls:
“Visit Your Local Library for Detailed Tracts on the Proper Way to Live.”
“You Need Only Ask! The New World Will Provide.”
“Create Progress! Aid Your Fellow Man.”
“Reject Your Greed. Your Community is More Important Than You.”
“Know Your Talents. How Can YOU Best Help?”
“Is Your Neighbor a Threat to Order? Be Brave! Report Him.”
“This is the Best of All Possible Worlds.”
Garrett: "(She's the one.)"
Garrett: "(Damn nice of her to be on the lantern tower, too.)"
Ernst: "(… can I just have stocke shoot her with the rifle and transpose her over to us six hundred feet away? Stocke may cause a bit of a commotion but we'll be far enough away to not really care.)"
Garrett: "(Sure, if you can hit her.)"
Garrett‘ shifts, as do his eyebrows. "(…Ashima-Shimtu’s here, too?)"
Garrett: "(Y'know it'd probably be a huge help that, even after we explode Gardienne, if Stocke could also disable the tower while up there.)"
Ernst glances to his side. "(I can easily do that. But if we swap Gardienne and Stocke, will anyone else pose a problem?)"
Aleith|DM: You don't see any other guards at the top of the lantern tower, but you aren't sure about inside. The other guards you can see are down on the ground level outside.
Garrett: "(Just anyone else guarding the inside of the tower, if you need to go there.)"
Ernst: "(What will you be doing in the meanwhile?)"
Garrett: "(Killing Gardienne, if for some reason it takes me longer than six seconds.)"
Garrett: "(Sensing out any hivemind… trying to not get the attention of hiveminded A-S, up there? Worse comes to worse, I'd probably be fine…?)"
Aleith|DM: You don't have a Stocke-copy handy unfortunately, but you figured you can craft something make-shift from some non-critical duplicant parts in a few minutes from Garrett's and your duplicant bodies.
Ernst: "(I'll be with you still regardless. I can operate Stocke and myself at the same time as you are quite aware.)"
Garrett‘ nods. "(Gardienne is also haunted by Obs ghosts and the hivemind, so… good thing you can take out the tower at the same time!)"
Garrett: "(So long as her and the hivemind burst and the lantern gets turned off for ’good enough,' our mission would be mostly complete.)"
Ernst spends the next few minutes assembling Stocke. He then nods to Garrett. "(Give me the signal, then. I should have a clear shot at them.)"
Garrett‘ draws his daggers. "(Swap at will.)"
Aleith|DM: Garrett can easily find you a place to snipe from that’s far enough away and also out-of-sight.
Aleith|DM: You line up the shot-
Ernst rolled d20+37 and got 9 ( Total: 46.0 ) for I guess I don't auto hit this
Aleith|DM: You don't, no. But that hits.
Ernst rolled 2d8+21 and got 8, 7 ( Total: 36.0 ) for Garrett gets +5 to hit, +7 dmg, brutal 1. Target gets -1 AC. Stocke swaps on to the tower.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 34:Garrett |
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 36!
Aleith|DM: Garrett! You get one standard action in a surprise round!
Garrett‘ immediately spins about and stabs a dagger at where Stocke just was- [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+43 and got 4 ( Total: 47 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 2d4r1+50: (1, 2), 3 [Total: 55.0 (Avg), Avg and got 2.50
Also rolled 5d8 and got 2, 1, 7, 2, 1 [Total: 13 (Low), Avg: 2.60]
Total: 68.0, Avg: 2.57
Aleith|DM: Gardienne drops to the ground almost instantly. [68! KO!]
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 42:Bookpin Squad A | 40:Ernst | 35:Ashima-Shimtu | 34:Garrett | 29:Bookpin Squad B |
Aleith|DM: The guards on the train platform look around trying to figure out what happened at that gunshot.
Ernst surveys the tower. Where could he turn off everything?
Aleith|DM: Ernst, Stocke sees a control component on the side of the platform he’s on.
Aleith|DM: You can probably turn it off from there.
Ernst will do so, then. Provided it is his turn. And then sabotage it so it cannot be turned back on.
Aleith|DM: It is, yes.
Aleith|DM: You can set it to vent all the gas harmlessly into the air, and then sabotage it so it won't be easily fixed.
Aleith|DM: The hivemind already starts breaking up. Many of the people on the platform are starting to wonder what they're doing here.
Garrett‘ hisses to himself. "(C’mon… c'mon… don't actually buy into the Obs here, A-S.)"
Ernst: "(Do you think they'll be an issue?)"
Garrett‘ studies her for a bit longer. What’s her reaction, now that everything changed in an instant?
Aleith|DM: Ashima-Shimtu looks curious, but doesn't seem like she was actually caught in the hivemind before anyway.
Aleith|DM: She continues chatting with the old tiefling woman sitting beside her on the edge of the roof.
Garrett‘ snorts.
Garrett: "(We’re good.)"
Ernst: "(Quick and easy, then. Nice working with you.)"
Garrett: "(At least, let's spend no more time here.)" He grins.
Garrett: "(See you back in the flesh.)"
Ernst nods before returning home.
Garrett‘ lies down, cross armed, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he’s gone-
Aleith|DM: Pemberton helps you take off your duplicant gear. "How'd it go?"
Ernst: "Mission complete. I gutted your duplicants parts however to create a makeshift similcrum of my own."
Garrett: "The way they'll tell it-" he grunts lightly as he sits up- "-it'll be as if one day, Danor just woke up and threw off their own shackles."
Pemberton shrugs. "Apparently they work well enough. If I get a chance, I'll look into it later."
Pemberton: "Good work."
Ernst: "Were we the first ones back, then?"
Pemberton: "You were pretty quick, yeah."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License