Zg Session 137a

Aleith|DM: As Pemberton pours the witchoil on the stone place upon your chest, you perceptions-already blinded and deafened-switch, and you feel like something's draped across your body, although you still can't see.
Gerald‘ waits patiently for the process to complete.
Aleith|DM: …it’s completed.
Gerald‘ opens his eyes??
Aleith|DM: It’s still dark.
Aleith|DM: There's something covering you.
Gerald‘ tosses what is presumably a tarp aside and takes stock of his surroundings.
Aleith|DM: It’s a sheet, actually, but close enough.
Aleith|DM: Your low-light vision means that you can at least make out that you're in a closet, standing up. Another sheet drapes over another presumeably-inactive duplicant, and two scopod rifles are leaning against the wall. However, the entrance of the closet has been bricked over, and it's only through holes in there that small amounts of light are coming in.
Gerald‘ nods to himself, then squints out through the holes
Aleith|DM: You appear to be inside some kind of formal building, judging by the decorations outside.
Gerald` picks up the other diplicant and sits it up, before mounting one of the rifles on it’s shoulder and pointing it out one of the holes. He then picks up the other rifle, finds the hole that allows for the best coverage of the room, then hunkers in for some good old fashioned waiting.
Gerald‘ actually doesn’t do that and instead attempts to kick the bricks loose to free himself from the hidden cache.
Aleith|DM: While it might be difficult for yourself, it's not that hard for the duplicant body to kick some bricks loose and get out.
Aleith|DM: With a better look around, you recognize the building from some of your breifing on Drakr in the past-the parliamentary building itself.
Aleith|DM: Harkover mentioned that there was going to be a parade starting from this very building today.
Aleith|DM: The person currently in charge in Drakr is Hastenchrieft Willimarkanova, who you vaguely remember was one of the Obscurati agents at that convocation you were at a year and a bit ago.
Gerald‘ takes a couple of minutes to take apart the out duplicant - they’re not going to be using it, and Pemberton probably doesn't want whole ones just laying around when they go to look for an assassin. He pockets its core, before grabbing both rifles, the sheet that was covering all the stuff, then heads for the roof.
Aleith|DM: Once you get to the roof, you see that the parade has long departed. There isn't much of a crowd outside the building anymore, but off in the distance you can make out a crowd in the industrial sector-roughly triangular in shape, with a spire at each corner of the triangle, and a fourth one in the middle with a wanderer's lantern atop it.
Gerald‘ fastens the sheet over his shoulders like a cloak, then begins to move towards the closest spire.
Aleith|DM: It’s quite a trek
Gerald‘ is glad for his ability to jaunt quickly and often!
Aleith|DM: Where are you jaunting to? Most of the buildings there are one or two stories, other than the spires which are over 150 feet tall.
Gerald` goes to the top of the spire that’s the furtherst out in the direction that the parade is moving, to give himself the most time and space.
Aleith|DM: You jaunt over to the West Spire, then.
Aleith|DM: Looking around, you quickly spot the parade from there-it's hard to miss, as the parade consists of thousands of soldiers, military constructs, and wheeled artillery cannons.
Aleith|DM: Near the tail end of the parade is an open-top wagon drawn by an Obscurati lantern walker – a four-legged crab-like construct the size of a horse – and atop the wagon are seated both Willimarkanova and Vlendam Heid beside her.
Aleith|DM: Looking through the scope, you can make out Willimarkanova as well as Heid, though his expression looks forced, even as he waves for the crowd and smiles at them.
Aleith|DM: …you feel a bit exposed out on the open. You feel like there's another sniper out there, keeping overwatch. Best to get under some cover. Stealth check?
Gerald‘ had the sheet and constant shadows for a reason, yeah!
Gerald` rolled d20+30 and got 1 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM: Looking at the middle tower, you spot Kvarti Gorbatiy, the Drakran gunsmith and sniper, keeping watch. And he spots you at the same time. There’s also an Obscurati Construct Squad on the same level as him, about where you are, but with the giant lantern in the middle of the deck.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+26 and got 14 ( Total: 40 )
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Gerald | 36:Ob Construct Sqd | 25:Kvarti Gorbatiy |
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` flips Kvarti off before pivoting his rifle back towards Williamarkanova and opening fire. [Pounding Barrage]
Gerald` rolled 3#d20+39(1) and got 18 ( Total: 57 )
Also rolled 3#d20+39(2) and got 8 [Total: 47]
Also rolled 3#d20+39(3) and got 1 [Total: 40]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 144
Gerald` backspace
Gerald` narrows his eyes as his eye locks with Kvarti, then quickly loads up a rocket and fires it into him, the construct squad, and that big ol lantern. [Manticore’s Volley]
Gerald‘ rolled 3#d20+39(1) and got 10 ( Total: 49 )
Also rolled 3#d20+39(2) and got 9 [Total: 48]
Also rolled 3#d20+39(3) and got 16 [Total: 55]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 152
Gerald` rolled 3#d20+39(1) and got 5 ( Total: 44 )
Also rolled 3#d20+39(2) and got 7 [Total: 46]
Also rolled 3#d20+39(3) and got 6 [Total: 45]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 135
[OOC] Gerald: Also Kvarit was Quarry, obviously
Aleith|DM: Doesn’t quarry have a range limit?
[OOC] Gerald: it does not
[OOC] Gerald: and he's definitely my closest enemy, considering the target is 800+ squares away
Aleith|DM: Wow. Well, there's a city defence squad at the base of your spire that is closer….but you can quarry two targets, can't you?
Aleith|DM: wait the 2nd one has to be within 5 squares of that
Aleith|DM: Hmmm you know what? You probably can't even see that one so no line of effect invalidates that…? Sure I'll allow quarry
[OOC] Gerald: yeah. I'd probably argue they're just background noise and irrelevant but you're call this is a lot of weird scenarios at once haha
Aleith|DM: 2 hits! 3 hits! 3 hits!
Gerald‘ rolled 3d6+24 and got 1, 6, 4 ( Total: 35 ) for the 2d8’s for targets hit twice, the 3d8's the quarry. +15 on each of those hits to the squad, too.
Also rolled 3d6+24 and got 5, 3, 1 [Total: 33]
Also rolled 3d6+24 and got 1, 1, 6 [Total: 32]
Also rolled 2d8 and got 8, 8 [Total: 16]
Also rolled 3d8 and got 6, 6, 8 [Total: 20]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 136
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+23(1) and got 17 ( Total: 40.0 ) for vs Ref, Kvarti, Squad
Also rolled 2#d20+23(2) and got 14 [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 77.0, Avg: 15.50
Aleith|DM rolled 6d6+30,50% and got 2, 1, 2, 5, 3, 5 ( Total: 24.0 ) for half fire damage to Kvarti
Sir Faustin T Resoaix Bo: Aleith|DM rolled 17+33+32+16+20+24 -> {142}
Aleith|DM: The top of the spire bursts into a firey explosion as the rocket detonates up there! Kvarti is hurled off the edge! [142!] [KO!]
Aleith|DM: As he hurls off the edge, he suddenly disappears, only to reappear right beside you from the shadows! [Shadow Teleport]
Gerald: "Heyo."
Aleith|DM: He then flips out a revolver and unloads the whole cylinder into you. [Desperation Pistol]
Aleith|DM rolled 6#d20+33(1) and got 16 ( Total: 49.0 )
Also rolled 6#d20+33(2) and got 9 [Total: 42.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+33(3) and got 10 [Total: 43.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+33(4) and got 10 [Total: 43.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+33(5) and got 18 [Total: 51.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+33(6) and got 2 [Total: 35.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 263.0, Avg: 10.83
Gerald‘ [Disruptive Strike]
Aleith|DM:
Gerald` rolled d20+37 and got 16 ( Total: 53 )
Aleith|DM: yes, valid
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Gerald` rolled 1d10r1+24 and got 4 ( Total: 28.0 )
Aleith|DM: Only two attacks would hit you it seems
Aleith|DM: So you can disrupt one of them
Aleith|DM rolled d4+8 and got 1 ( Total: 9.0 )
Aleith|DM: And…the bullet pings off of your metallic skin. [1!]
Gerald` smiles as one of the bullets bounces off.
Gerald: "You loyal enough to the Ob to die for this? One chance to run."
Aleith|DM: He seems to have a hivemind affecting him, now that you can see him up close.
Gerald: "…Guess that’s a yes."
Kvarti: "Can't let you take out the supreme leader."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Gerald | 25:Kvarti Gorbatiy |
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ shifts back and then drops him with a [Twin Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+37(1) and got 13 ( Total: 50 )
Also rolled 2#d20+37(2) and got 2 [Total: 39]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 89
Aleith|DM: The parade has stopped, the members and the watching populace turning to stare in fascination and horror as the top of the lantern tower explodes, parts of it raining down on the street below it.
Aleith|DM: 1 hit! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Kvarti drops.
Gerald: "Alright, goodbye stealth time for speed." He doesn’t waste any time before pivoting back towards Hastenshrieft and starting to ling up a shot.
Aleith|DM: Willimarkanova dives behind cover on her wagon.
Aleith|DM: Not that cover does much to stop you.
Aleith|DM: The lantern walker detaches from the wagon and moves to provide screening.
Aleith|DM: But not even superior cover does much to stop you, does it?
Aleith|DM: Make your shot.
Gerald‘ is a trained profession. [Ignores All Cover] [Pounding Barrage]
Gerald` rolled 3#d20+34(1) and got 16 ( Total: 50 ) for sadly i cannot ignore Extreme Range
Also rolled 3#d20+34(2) and got 15 [Total: 49]
Also rolled 3#d20+34(3) and got 16 [Total: 50]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 149
Aleith|DM: all three hit!
Gerald` rolled 3#4d10r1+24(1) and got 4, 3, 7, 2 ( Total: 40.0 ) for And Immobilized.
Also rolled 3#4d10r1+24(2) and got 2, 2, 4, 6 [Total: 38.0 (Low), Avg: 3.50]
Also rolled 3#4d10r1+24(3) and got 7, 2, 5, 9 [Total: 47.0 (High), Avg: 5.75]
Also rolled 3d8 and got 3, 1, 7 [Total: 11 (Low), Avg: 3.67]
d6: 4 [Total: 4 (High), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 140.0, Avg: 4.25
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 140! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: She struggles against the pieces of the wagon impaling her here-and-there, pinning her in place, but she can’t get away before your next set of shots-
Aleith|DM: She seems to shout something
Gerald‘ wishes he had more triple hit attacks before letting loose a [Twin Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 9 ( Total: 43 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 11 [Total: 45]
Aleith|DM: Heid has already abandoned the wagon by this point.
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 88
Aleith|DM: They both miss
Aleith|DM: Willimarkanova struggles free from the wagon. But you’ve still got another shot at her-
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 3 ( Total: 37 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 8 [Total: 42]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 79
Gerald: "Uuugh."
[OOC] Gerald: Hmm
Aleith|DM: Soldiers start gathering around her, but even still, she can’t hide from your sightline out in the open-
Gerald‘ exhales slow and continues to shoot. Luckily for him he’s got an insanely higher rate of fire than anyone else with a sniper rifle.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 13 ( Total: 47 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 10 [Total: 44]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 91
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled 4d10r2+15: (2, 2, 5), 3, 3, (2, 4) [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg and got 3.75
Also rolled 3d8 and got 7, 6, 2 [Total: 15 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 45.0, Avg: 4.29
Aleith|DM: You wing her with another shot. She stumbles, then starts racing for a nearby building. The crowd nearby has already scattered-
Gerald: "Aaand done." One last salvo.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 1 ( Total: 35 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 4 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 73
[OOC] Gerald: Undeniable Victory] [Hits
Aleith|DM: She goes down, with a sucking chest wound.
Aleith|DM: …however, you notice that some of the other spires in the distance begin glowing red instead of the muted brown they were glowing before.
Aleith|DM: Looks like she already gave the signal to have the city burned to the ground.
Aleith|DM: The industrial district is safe, since you destroyed that tower already, but the other ones are in danger of wiping out the rest of the city.
Gerald` rolls back to the center of the spire to restabilize himself. "God this is such a waste of time I hope Phyllis is happy." Then starts drawing a bead on the reaminaing spire lanterns so he can try and break them before they do any real damage.
Aleith|DM: There’s a couple that are close enough that they're in range, and it only takes a few shots before you blow them up as well…
Gerald‘ *bang* *bang*
[OOC] Phyllis: I AM
Aleith|DM: Taking a look around, there’s a non-lantern spire you can jaunt to in a couple minutes that'll give you range to the remaining three towers.
Gerald‘ hunkers down until he feels himself capable of jaunting again, since that’s almost definitely going to be faster than flying anyway, then teleports over to take out the last three towers.
Aleith|DM: You hear soldiers rushing up the stairs just before you disappear, but they're too late to even try and stop you.
Aleith|DM: You manage to take out the other towers pretty quickly after that.
Gerald: "Phew. Okay. Clear?" He narrows his eyes and scans the rest of the city, while starting to open the duplicant's chest.
Aleith|DM: Seems like it's okay. You can probably cut the connection now.
Aleith|DM: Some people are starting to come out of the hivemind now, and are already starting to make trouble for the Ob agents here.
Gerald‘ tosses the other core inside the chest cavity, along with a grenade, then Wakes Up.
Pemberton: "You didn’t really have to destroy the duplicants, you know." He shakes his head sadly. "But good job."
Gerald: "On the off chance that the Ob doesn't disband when we kill Nicodemus, I don't want them having your tech."
Pemberton: "Fair enough. But they've already found some of my duplicants in the past."
Gerald: "Hm. Somethings to hunt down after we're done, I guess."
Pemberton: "Yeah. Good work."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License