Zg Session 136

Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 39:Chandrasekhar | 39:Garrett | 39:Gerald | 39:Phyllis | 37:City Defence D | 36:Reasoned Evasion | 35:Zane | 34:City Defence B | 34:City Defence C | 26:Harkover Lee | 25:City Defence A |
Aleith|DM: Round 4! More squads of soldiers have arrived on the scene!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for preroll
Stocke flies over to Gerald before dumping a THP shield on the both of them. [+71 THP] The eye moves some more. Stocke then shoots Squad A with a [Magic Weapon]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+37(1) and got 2 ( Total: 39.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+37(2) and got 4 [Total: 41.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 80.0, Avg: 3.00
[OOC] Ernst: … heroic I guess
Aleith|DM: Hit! KO!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ clicks his tongue, flies over a bit [Move], and pitches his dagger at Squad D! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+36 and got 14 ( Total: 50 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` [Second Wind]s and otherwise just hunkers down.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis uses an [Arcane Gate] to hop out of the Mansion she summoned, though the mansion’s still going to be there for a bit. She [Chain Lightnings], starting with C then going to B.
Phyllis rolled d20+32 and got 12 ( Total: 44.0 ) for vs ref
Phyllis rolled d20+32 and got 16 ( Total: 48.0 ) for vs ref
[OOC] Phyllis: they're minions, do i need to roll damage
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [KO!
Aleith|DM: Where's the third roll…?
Aleith|DM: -5 for total cover
Aleith|DM: A third lightning bolt arcs off to strike the building southeast of you!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: fuck sorry my mom was being yell
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: is… there… anything to attack even
Aleith|DM: They already took out the mooks I stuck in, at least…
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: can I delay until after the dragon's turn
Aleith|DM: Yes
Chandrasekhar bides his time, then.
Aleith|DM: There's the sound of wings from the building to the south, and then several flaming missiles appear in the air to strike unnerringly into Phyllis for 15 fire damage twice, Zane for 15 fire damage twice, and Chandrasekhar for 15 fire damage once! [Reasoned Evasion]
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Aleith|DM: The dragon appears to still be invisible
Zane rolled d20+25 and got 11 ( Total: 36 ) for Perception as a minor
Aleith|DM: The dragon's nearly on top of Phyllis, about 45 feet up in the air
Zane twists as the bolts come in, the Arsenal flickering into a shortbow as Zane returns fire almost instictively. [Masterstroke]
Zane rolled d20+35 and got 9 ( Total: 44 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: (by 4)
[OOC] Zane: god damn it lol
Zane points. "He's there."
Zane then snaps off another shot. [AP - RBA]
Zane rolled d20+35 and got 9 ( Total: 44 )
Phyllis looks up. "Oh, good."
Zane rolled 2d6 and got 3, 6 ( Total: 9 ) for precision!
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett: "!"
Garrett: "I heard a thunk!"
Zane rolled 15d8+41 and got 3, 8, 1, 7, 2, 1, 6, 2, 7, 6, 4, 1, 6, 1, 3 ( Total: 99.0 ) for and he's Dazed until the end of my next turn
Also rolled 7d10 and got 3, 7, 2, 3, 9, 1, 10 [Total: 35 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 134.0, Avg: 4.23
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 134!
Aleith|DM: Harkover grownls before sending all 5 bolts of fire into Zane, striking for 5 hits of 15 fire damage each! [Firebolt]
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: does that bloody you?
Aleith|DM: And then, he inhales again… [AP]
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: actually, hang on- can I [Demand Respect] that
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: is he within close burst 10?
Aleith|DM: The firebolts? No. They're an effect, not an attack
Aleith|DM: This, though…
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: eat sand :|
[OOC] Zane: that totally does not bloody me, thanks THP shield and fire resist
Aleith|DM: Inacht lets loose another blast of [Consuming Breath]
[OOC] Zane: you can totally Demand Respect this giant fucking fireball, Teak!
Aleith|DM: sadly no, because he's included in the blast
[OOC] Zane: oh well god damn it
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+37(1) and got 4 ( Total: 41.0 ) for vs Ref, Chandra, Phyllis, Zane, Stocke
Also rolled 4#d20+37(2) and got 4 [Total: 41.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+37(3) and got 16 [Total: 53.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+37(4) and got 14 [Total: 51.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 186.0, Avg: 9.50
Aleith|DM rolled 10d12 and got 3, 7, 2, 7, 12, 5, 5, 5, 9, 7 ( Total: 62 )
Aleith|DM: Zane takes 62 fire damage, and is deafened, weakened, and takes ongoing 30 fire damage (SE all)! Chandrasekhar, Phyllis, and Stocke all take 31 fire damage and are both deafened and weakened until the end of Harkover's next turn!
Aleith|DM: And then he reappears.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: +62!
Aleith|DM rolled d6 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
Zane gets absolutely blasted into the dirt and staggers back to his feet with a roar. [Bloodied, +15 THP]
Chandrasekhar uses [Hands of Retribution] first - 9 fire/radiant to the dragon.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 9!
Chandrasekhar then double-moves to [Discipline the Unruly].
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+35 and got 14 ( Total: 49 ) for vs AC 48
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+15 and got 4, 3, 8 ( Total: 30 ) for cut in half b/c weakness I think? divine, radiant. until the end of my next turn, anything within 5 squares of me that hits or misses an ally eats 4d6 radiant and blind
Chandrasekhar: "See the light."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 39:Garrett | 39:Gerald | 39:Phyllis | 36:Reasoned Evasion | 35:Zane | 26:Harkover Lee | 25:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Stocke flies forward before knocking that dragon out of the sky again with a [Prismatic Strike]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 17 ( Total: 52.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 10 [Total: 45.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 97.0, Avg: 13.50
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Ernst rolled d8+18 and got 8 ( Total: 26.0 ) for -3 to attack rolls, prone, cannot stand up ueont
d8+18: 7 [Total: 25.0 (High), Avg: 7.00]
d8+18: 1 [Total: 19.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 70.0, Avg: 5.33
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 21!
Aleith|DM: The dragon lands.
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 6 ( Total: 6 ) for preroll
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ glides toward the descended Inacht [Move] and then lets out an increasingly loud yell as he charges in for a stab! [Charge]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+39 and got 7 ( Total: 46 ) for vs AC
Garrett` curses!
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` leans out the window and fires off a [Twin Shot] before moving to a different spot.
Gerald` rolled 4d20 and got 16, 2, 10, 1 ( Total: 29 )
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
[OOC] Phyllis: gimme a sec, reading over options
Phyllis reconstitutes herself with a passage from her journals about the ideal self. [Healing Word] Then she follows up with an [Illusory Ambush] after laying her [Mage Hand] again.
Phyllis rolled 3d6+35 and got 2, 6, 3 ( Total: 46.0 ) for phyllis heals this much
Phyllis rolled d20+35 and got 5 ( Total: 40.0 ) for vs will
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: The dragon takes a swipe at Chandrasekhar! [Reasoned Evasion -> Sigil Claw]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+36 and got 12 ( Total: 48 )
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+10 and got 8, 2, 2, 8 ( Total: 30.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting Chandrasekhar for 30 and inflicting ongoing 10 acid damage (SE)!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Chandrasekhar: "Nnngh-"
Zane burns, and takes a moment to try and shake things off. [Second Wind] [Ring of Vigilant Defense Minor for +2 defense] [+4 defenses total]
Zane also shifts the Arsenal into a longsword to get that sweet Arsenal bonus to attacks, defenses, and saving throws. +5 defenses total!
Zane rolled d20+1 and got 10 ( Total: 11 ) for saving throw
[OOC] Zane: woohoo!
[OOC] Zane: and done I think
Aleith|DM: Harkover lashes out at Chandrasekhar! [Positioning Sorcery]
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+36(1) and got 11 ( Total: 47.0 )
Also rolled 3#d20+36(2) and got 8 [Total: 44.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+36(3) and got 17 [Total: 53.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 144.0, Avg: 12.00
Aleith|DM rolled 4d12+10 and got 3, 5, 6, 1 ( Total: 25.0 )
Aleith|DM: 25 damage and ongoing 10 fire damage to Chandrasekhar as he is grabbed in Inacht’s jaw! Chandrasekhar's sword, holy symbol, armour, and neck item all lose +1 to their enhancement bonus! [Dispelling Bite]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#4d8+10(1) and got 5, 5, 3, 3 ( Total: 26.0 )
Also rolled 2#4d8+10(2) and got 1, 8, 2, 6 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 4.25]
Total: 53.0, Avg: 4.12
Aleith|DM: Another 26 and 27 damage each, as well as ongoing 10 frost and ongoing 10 lightning as two more sigils bloom on the eladrin's body!
Aleith|DM: And then he blasts him point-blank with 5 firebolts [AP -> Firebolt]
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar takes another 5 blasts of 15 fire damage.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Zane: god damn that is a tough fucking Eladrin lol
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: uhhhhh I'm… not sure how much HP I even have left after all of that but I definitely bloody at some point so, uh, 9 more damage
[OOC] Zane: you take -5 from each of those attacks because your friends love you and put you in armor with Resist 5 all
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: yeah okay I'm still alive. I'm pretty sure. Good lord.
Chandrasekhar uses [Second Wind] -and- [Virtue], holy fuck of shit.
Chandrasekhar rolled 4d20 and got 17, 16, 18, 8 ( Total: 59 ) for good lord
Aleith|DM: The ongoing 10 Lightning stays.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 39:Garrett | 39:Gerald | 39:Phyllis | 36:Reasoned Evasion | 35:Zane | 26:Harkover Lee | 25:Chandrasekhar |
Aleith|DM: Round 6!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for preroll
Stocke flys into the center of the formations and uses an [Iron Hide Infusion] tp give itself, Chandra, Zane, Phyllis and Zane all +4AC UeoNT, then fires off a shot. [Siphon Fate]
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+37(1) and got 19 ( Total: 56 )
Also rolled 2#d20+37(2) and got 4 [Total: 41]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 97
Aleith|DM: Crit, miss!
Gerald` rolled 6d6+24 and got 6, 5, 6, 6, 5, 2 ( Total: 54 ) for -2 to Harkoveres attack rolls and defenses. Garrett has +3 to hit and +6 defenses.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 54!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` clutches a small red jewel, and a piercing red light briefly flashes from between his fingers. [Minor - Power Jewel: Refreshes Low Slash] He then cuts across Inacht’s haunches! [Minor - Low Slash]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+45 and got 19 ( Total: 64 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+42 and got 2 ( Total: 44 )
Also rolled 5d8 and got 7, 8, 7, 2, 4 [Total: 28]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 72
Garrett` roars as he circles his dagger around in an arc, aiming for the other haunch! [Piercing Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+45 and got 12 ( Total: 57 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+47 and got 3 ( Total: 50 )
Aleith|DM: Inacht collapses to the ground with a crash, shifting back into his human form.
Harkover: "Damn you, Nicodemus!" The ghost councilors bound to him stagger away.
Gerald: "Yeah pretty much."
Harkover looks up weakly at Garrett. "I’m sorry, Your Majesty. They overcame me, and eventually I couldn't resist them anymore."
Chandrasekhar allows himself to stagger, finally.
Garrett‘ nods his head and kneels. "They were pretty deep in there."
Phyllis: "Perfectly understandable, they seem to overcome everyone."
Gerald: "You can make it up to us by getting rid of this damn hex on me."
Phyllis: "You also have an order to call off."
Phyllis: "Before, you know. An entire country dies at your hands."
Gerald: "Yeah that too."
Aleith|DM: The shapeshifted dragon coughs up some blooded. "I need a moment to catch my breath." But he waves towards some of the soldiers coming forward warily.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: *coughs up some blood
Aleith|DM: He takes a couple of deep breaths before telling the soldiers to get to the spark-gap transmitter and send orders to the governor’s mansion to shut off the lantern pipelines.
Phyllis: "Ernst. Zane. Uh."
Phyllis: "Tend to him, possibly?"
Stocke makes robot hands before moving in to do some basic first aid on Harkover.
Aleith|DM: After a moment, he snaps his fingers towards Gerald, and the curse is removed.
Aleith|DM: The curse on Chandrasekhar's equipment is likewise dispelled.
Gerald‘ finally climbs out of the building.
Garrett` soars up, ascertaining the red glow.
Aleith|DM: It takes several minutes, but afterwards, the streetlights start turning off, starting with those closest to the mansion.
Gerald: "Well as fun as that was lets never do it again." Gerald nods to Harkover, before glancing around. "Anyway, we should be good with this phase of the plans so now it’s robot time I think..?"
Garrett: "…yeah."
Harkover: "Aside from Flint, Nicodemus had plans for four other cities' destruction as a detterrent."
Harkover: "Alais Primos, Cherage, Seobriga, and Trekhom."
Gerald: "So did we."
Phyllis: "Yeah, about that."
Garrett‘ descends and speaks to the party. "Once you’ve got your breath, head back to the spot, and execute the next phase."
Garrett: "I'll join you shortly."
Harkover: "Unfortunately, one of the operatives' sending was going out shortly after I confronted you, so he should know shortly and tell them to execute it."
Gerald: "We also had plans for that."
Phyllis: "You wouldn't be aware that your messages to the other cities got caught and fizzled out, would you?"
Phyllis winks at Harkover.
Chandrasekhar: "Phyllis has been looking forward to that."
Gerald‘ nods to Garrett and begeins flying into position.
Harkover frowns, curious. "Well, it’d be a bit odd if we didn't get a reply, but…"
Zane: "That moron told us about his stupid Sending contingency, so we shut it down before we came to find you."
Phyllis: "Flint's in a little incommunicado bubble that Sendings can't get out of, basically."
Harkover: "Well, that's pretty forward-thinking. You shouldn't have to worry about it if you really can stop them quickly. Word will get out from here eventually-there's too many Obscurati around for it not to-but it sounds like they'd have to leave the city before they could send a warning."
Garrett: "We're on a short timetable even despite that."
Aleith|DM: The other soldiers around seem to have started coming out of the hivemind, and they start hailing you all as heroes.
Phyllis: "We still plan on neutralizing those contingencies entirely, yes. Won't do to have him hold anyone hostage to get his way."
Garrett: "I'll join you all once I make sure Delft and whatever pockets of resistance were around help secure the city."
Aleith|DM: You don't have to worry about spending any healing surges to recover from this encounter, as they're more than glad to give you supplies.
Garrett: "They'll have to do the heavy lifting for now, but I'm aiming for a snowball effect."
Phyllis: "But, yeah, we're going to completely catch them flatfooted."
Garrett: "That, plus the dispelling of many of the hiveminds… while we're not likely to 100% stop any Ob agents from leaving, we're not gonna make it easy."
Harkover: "That's good to hear. So, you managed to get back here just in time, it seems?"
Zane walks up to Harkover and looks him in the eyes silently. Weighs what he sees. And then walks off.
Garrett‘ sighs with regret.
Garrett: "Not fast enough, but so long as the world doesn’t completely fall apart, we still, still, still have ways to turn it around."
Harkover frowns. "So your trip to the Gyre didn't work?"
Phyllis: "I don't think going into the Gyre was our aim."
Garrett: "We disappeared for months and aren't carrying elven refugees, total failure."
Harkover: "That is sad news. But at least we can stop the Obscurati and close the seal back up. We can always figure something out after the world is prevented from dying."
Garrett‘ rubs his face. "And somehow deal with Nico. But at least we have… some idea on how to do that."
Harkover: "So, how are you planning to stop Nic’s destruction of the cities?"
Phyllis: "Help from another dragon and his duplicants already in place. We play puppeteer from within here."
Harkover: "From what I know, the central targets should be at: the Cathedral of Triegenes in Alais Primos; the Cherage rail enclave; Seobriga's central square; and a parade route that starts at Trekhom's parliament building."
Phyllis: "And get some constructs to neutralize the threat."
Garrett: "And we do it pretty much simultaniously, as like I said, we're on a timetable."
Harkover: "Alright. I wish you luck on that. Do you want to make a speech to the people before you take of that?"
Phyllis gestures at Garrett.
Garrett: "Of course."
Harkover gestures to Phyllis. Between the two of them, they can get an exaggerated Battlefield Elocution working to let you speak to the entire city.
Phyllis oh right that's a thing
Garrett: "People of Risur," he begins, lungs full of air. "-this is King Garrett Woodson. The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
Garrett: "For some of you, you awaken from what feels like the foggiest haze, an enveloping miasmic dull."
Garrett: "Your body aches from work that you cannot recall, your mind struggles to piece together the specifics."
Garrett: "Others yet have struggled to survive and persist outside the world of hivemind and the Obscurati, submerged and shadowed from the worst conspircy."
Garrett: "Both sides at ends."
Garrett: "It is a changed world that we, Risurians once adapted to when the Gyre first held the sky, and now all of Risur has changed, machinations in place not previously known."
Garrett: "As I asked you then, and as I plead with you now-"
Garrett: "Recognize the man across from you not as the cog that worked to crush you, or the outsider that you needed to obliterate."
Garrett: "The city is different but I know its citizens are, at their hearts, the same clever, warm, never-say-die people that bounced back from oblivion once before,"
Garrett: "And now stand to do so again."
Garrett: "The Obscurati work to shatter the planes one more, and we will pursue its leader into the depths of the abyss one more time- no,"
Garrett: "The last time."
Garrett: "Pray if you wish. Cheer if it brings you hope. Build if you ache to do something, anything-"
Garrett: "-persevere, no matter the outcome."
Garrett‘ pauses.
Garrett: "…but we’re going to win, god pound it."
Garrett: "Thank you, everyone!"
Garrett‘ makes a throat-slitting gesture to Harkover and Phyllis.
Aleith|DM: As you speak, cheers break out across the city. In the clouds overhead, the ones Gale was conjuring each morning on the orders of the Obscurati to keep the Gyre hidden from sight to raise morale, a gap begins to break in the clouds above Cauldron Hill.
Aleith|DM: The gap widens into a shape that resembles the spread wings of a raven, revealing the sparkling glow of the Gyre overhead.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: https://i.imgur.com/eq6zxjG.jpg
Aleith|DM: Afterwards, the Coaltongue lands nearby shortly, allowing to board it and head across the city to meet Pemberton.
Garrett: "Fuck me, that’s huge…this thing's off, right?"
Aleith|DM: By this point, he's managed to collect enough witchoil from Cauldron Hill and get a duplicant setup ready for you to take control of.
Gerald‘ shrugs at Garrett.
Garrett` jaunts back up to Cauldron Hill.
Phyllis shrugs at Garrett. "You can speak in a radius or normally at-will."
Phyllis: Shrugged and spoke, past tense, before he jaunted off. Y’know. Like if her player typed in time.
Aleith|DM: Once you inform Pemberton of where Harkover warned you about (as you expected, really), he says he's only got a couple of duplicant in each spot, and you should really move on them all simultaneously, as per the plan.
Gerald‘ is pretty confident he can shoot one regular person by himself just fine.
Garrett: "No time like the present."
Zane is going to feel bad about killing the Bruse, but with any luck it can be fixed…
Aleith|DM: He hands each of you a steel skullcap etched with draconic iconography, to which is attached a blindfold and muffling ear covers.
Aleith|DM: Once you’ve all arranged yourselves, a flat stone shard marked with a series of seventeen numbers in draconic is placed on each of your chests, and then a drop of witchoil into a divot on the stone.
Gerald: "Wow that looks dumb but I guess it's faster and easier than doing the thing Zaner did last time."
Garrett: "Magic."
Aleith|DM: Once the witchoil enters the stone, you feel yourself suddenly somewhere else-not so much moving physically, but the sensations around you are different, and your senses are a but muffled-

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License