Zg Session 135

Aleith|DM: As you approach the HQ for Flint's branch of the RHC, you find that the sign has been replaced by one that simply reads 'Secret Police HQ'. As you take this in, a voice whispers furtively from a café - now abandoned - beside you: "(Constables. Your Majesty!)"
Garrett‘ shoots a glance to the too-loud person.
Zane turns, a vaguelmy less murderous look on his face.
Aleith|DM: It’s Delft, in the shadows of the café.
Zane: "Oh thank god, I might not have to kill you."
Garrett: "(Nice to see you again, after… what, a year?)"
Garrett‘ makes to hide behind an uncollapsed wall.
Delft: "(I would certainly hope not, Constable Bieito. Now get in here, quickly.)" He waves you inside.
Gerald: "Is it really a secret if it’s blatently advertised…"
Gerald‘ moves into the cafe while mumbling to himself.
Delft: "A few months short of a year, still, but close enough."
Chandrasekhar looks relieved - slightly - to see Delft.
Garrett: "We’re not entirely sure ourselves, but anyway- are you still showing up to work or is this just good timing?"
Zane heads into the cafe. "For what its worth, I was not particularly looking forward to it. Just expecting things to proceeed in the worst case possible."
Phyllis nods at Delft, having little to say right this moment. The events have sapped her entirely of pleasantries.
Delft: "They brought over Price-Hill to run the 'Not-so-secret Police' when I proved oddly resistant to the whole hivemind-control thing they've got running. I managed to make my escape during their confusion, but I've been mostly hiding out with Grimsley and some of the others that managed to stay out of the hiveminds capturing everyone over in Pine Island."
Delft: "The lantern towers don't have very good coverage over there."
Chandrasekhar: "Good place to hide."
Delft: "Yeah, there's a decent gap of coverage in the south-central area there from the gas they've been using the keep the masses quelled. So, how'd your mission to the Gyre go?"
Zane: "Grimsley is still alive as well? This isn't nearly as terrible as I was expecting."
Zane: "Not… great."
Garrett: "Complete failure, it's a real mess."
Garrett: "Killed a lot of devils and all, but…"
Delft: "Well, he didn't make a great mayor, to be honest, but he managed to get out when the Ob started moving in en masse."
Delft: "We've been rallying the dockers and others that managed to escape the submission."
Zane: "Better than the last mayor."
Delft glances skywards, through a mostly-intact pane of glass. "But it seems like there isn't much time left."
Phyllis: "Good. We've managed to figure out how to break it."
Zane: "Yeah, we're on a tight schedule."
Delft: "So, what's the plan?"
Phyllis: "This one's a doozy, so settle in."
Zane: "I'm going to kill a dragon. Mostly. Everybody else is handling the important parts."
Zane: "Actually to be fair Gerald is probably going to kill the dragon."
Delft can't help but laugh. "Probably."
Garrett: "No dragons are dying quite yet."
Gerald: "Oh are we killing him? I thought Phyllis was just going to break the link."
Garrett: "The general plan though is that we're raiding the RHC HQ for some magic items."
Garrett: "Nico's made a general threat to raze major cities across the world if we're spotted coming at him, and we're taking that pretty seriously."
Delft: "Well, Price-Hill's got one of those hiveminds centered around him, and they built one of those lantern towers over the western staircase."
Phyllis waves a hand at that line of conversation, certainly *thinking* 'you're all a bunch of idiots this is the dumbest conversation' but in reality rolling on ahead regardless. "So, in the immediate sense - we're going to sever the psychic link between the ghost council and their thralls in charge of the place, starting with Risur. We branch out to the other countries by means of
Phyllis remotely controlling automatons left in the areas by a certain benefactor. "
Garrett‘ jerks a thumb to Phyllis. "That’s the better, truncated version."
Delft: "You're right, that is kind of crazy, but makes a certain kind of sense."
Garrett: "Part of it involves an anti-Sending bubble just for Risur right before we assault the current non-king."
Delft shudders at the mention of duplicants though.
Garrett: "The next twenty four… well, no, it's less time than that now- twenty hours? Are going to be another flashpoint for existance."
Phyllis: "Once all that's settled and he doesn't have his thumb on the detonation switch of civilization, we're going to Axis Island to make sure Nicodemus isn't the one to realign the stars to his liking again. At the very least, we're going to make sure the seal gets put on so that we have a sun once again instead of the Gyre."
Delft: "That would certainly help, yeah."
Phyllis: "Otherwise, our plane is going to go the way of the rest of the stars the Gyre crunched up in its toothy gears."
Delft: "The icon for Apet should still be in the evidence storage. You might find the devices you're looking for in the Armory."
Zane: "Lantern tower in the western stairs. Prince-Hill in your old office or Saxbys?"
Delft: "Saxby's. It's bigger."
Delft: "It's even got some chairs in it now."
Zane: "And apparently a magnet for people that need their ass kicked."
Garrett‘ clicks his tongue. "Some tastes just don’t change, I guess."
Garrett: "Things are going to be moving fast once we breech, of course, so I hope you're some kind of ready."
Garrett: "…also you mentioned, gas?"
Phyllis: "Yeah, care to give us the low-down on what's out there now that wasn't there before?"
Delft: "I suppose so." He stands up to stretch a bit. "Yeah. The wayfarer lanterns are burning gas to keep the people docile."
Delft: "That dullish brown glow from them helps dull people's emotions."
Delft: "They've got just about all of the 'former' constables under their control in there, and some kinda construct squads too."
Garrett: "It -is- aesthetically dreary."
Phyllis: "Somehow, this isn't what I meant when I said ideas are social constructs."
Delft: "Even the gas streetlamps are burning using the gas, helping spread their control."
Zane: "Words do indeed have power, Phyllis…"
Chandrasekhar: "Tch…"
Phyllis: "Meteor dust from Ratios, I would guess."
Phyllis: "As far as what they're burning."
Delft: "I think that's what it was. They've refined a whole bunch of it. The main refinery running the pipelines across the city's based in the rebuilt Governor's mansion."
Garrett: "Well -that's- not staying around for long, but of course we don't have the time to tear it down today…"
Delft: "If you break Lee's control over the city, you could get them to shut it down, I'm sure."
Chandrasekhar: "One would hope."
Garrett: "(Gods willing we don't end up disappearing for another fuck-knows how long…)"
Ernst: "So what's the plan?"
Zane rubs his chin. "In through the back. Ground floor, secretaries pool. Garrett can spring the door to the general supplies and evidence locker."
Garrett: "If there's a hivemind centered on Price-Hill and they're in Saxby's office, hows about we breech there- it's only a second floor office, take it out ASAP."
Phyllis: "Get me line of sight and we can Arcane Gate in there. Gold doesn't block teleportation anymore - not without Urim in play."
Zane: "Do we want to pick that fight before the Sendings are blocked?"
Garrett: "…although I could just… phase through the evidence room wall."
Garrett: "Getting back out would be trickier though."
Garrett: "(I feel like I can only do that once, right now…"
Garrett: "…no, wait."
Garrett: "Let's just meet up at the evidence wall."
Garrett: "I'll just let us in."
Garrett: "We can get into the Armory there, and then evidence storage much the same way."
Zane: "I keep forgetting you can do that."
Garrett: "It's been a while since I've been back 'home.'"
Garrett: "And needed to do it at least."
Aleith|DM: You make your way around the back of the building. There is a patrol around the building occasionally, but not often enough to be a problem right now.
Garrett‘ waits until the patrol has slipped past, and then beckons the wall to move, 5 feet at a go, but it doesn’t take much…
Aleith|DM: No, not really. You make a entryway and slip inside.
Aleith|DM: Between Ernst and Phyllis, they can quickly point out what they figure you'll need for the device and the ritual.
Ernst: "… ever get the feeling this feels a bit too easy?"
Chandrasekhar: "Took us long enough to get here."
Garrett: "It's good to be king."
Aleith|DM: After that, it's not too long to slip into the evidence locker too, and Phyllis' knowledge of where Apet's Icon was kept stayed consistent.
Phyllis: "Here you are. You'll be back in our skies again, soon."
Garrett: "Sometimes, the seemingly most benign choices lead to something great, having been built upon and found favor with over the years."
Aleith|DM: Garrett's tremorsense let's him know when it's safe to exit.
Garrett‘ puts the wall back together and locks eyes with the summit of Cauldron Hill. He jaunts.
Zane follows Garrett.
Aleith|DM: Cauldron Hill hasn’t changed much since you left for Av. Pemberton meets you up top, having gathered some witchoil from it and beginning to setup his duplicant controls.
Pemberton: "Mission successful?"
Garrett: "Successful and hopeful."
Zane: "So far so good."
Pemberton: "Alright. Let's get it setup. What're you planning to do once this goes up?"
Garrett: "Ghost busting."
Aleith|DM: It only takes a few minutes for Pemberton to help Ernst setup the devices, and Phyllis finishes running through the ritual that Pemberton described several minutes later.
Phyllis: "Hop right into the mansion and overturn Risur's seat of power, then remotely move onto the next."
Aleith|DM shakes some dust from the duplicant's hands. "We're all set here. Nothing's coming in or out magically. Time to make some noise?"
Garrett‘ trusts but verifies with Phyllis and Ernst before committing to a response.
Phyllis nods at Garrett in confirmation.
[OOC] Phyllis: y’know assuming all's well there
Garrett: "Let's fuck up some cogs."
Garrett‘ easily eyes the Governer’s mansion and makes another jaunt into the shadows.
Zane once again follows the King.
Phyllis does, as well.
Aleith|DM: It's not the shadows you end up in - instead, you end up in a brlightly-lit room surrounded by several soldiers. Shouts of alarm ring out as they bring rifles to bear on you!
Chandrasekhar just… laughs.
Aleith|DM: -not that they get off more than a couple of shots before you put them down. But Gerald can tell that you're in the Pine Island barracks, not the governer's mansion.
Zane: "Well that was entertaining."
Garrett‘ sighs. "Guess we’re making the rest of the travel on foot," he says, before realizing that he's mid-glide. "-or, well, overland."
Aleith|DM: Alarms ring out across the barracks.
Gerald: "So…"
Gerald: "Ya'll know who we are, right? Drop your weapons, and you won't get hurt."
Zane: "I'm glad we set the ritual up before stumbling into traps. Would have been really awkward otherwise."
Garrett: "The order has a reason."
Aleith|DM: More soldiers pour out from the surrounding buildings, weapons raised.
Ernst: "I'm surprised you still even try. That hasn't worked the entire time we've worked together, Gerald."
Phyllis: "How far away is our destination from here?"
Chandrasekhar: "People are supposed to be more amenable to argument."
Gerald: "There've been a couple people that saw reason."
Chandrasekhar: "And, we live in eternal hope."
Gerald: "I got more than enough bullets for everyone though if ya'll wanna do this the hard way though!"
Garrett: "By order of the king, lay down your weapons."
Phyllis: "What Gerald is trying to say, in equation terms: if you value your lives and well-being, you'll leave us be."
Garrett‘ makes the crown visible.
[OOC] Phyllis: Diplomacy, Suggestion], in other words.
Aleith|DM: A jaunty voice booms out from above you, the Beran accent tinged with restrained mockery.
Garrett` rolled 1d20+28 and got 7 ( Total: 35 ) for diplo
Harkover: "Greetings, my former monarch and honored heroes of Risur. I ask that you surrender. For the past three years that I have watched your rise, you have been nothing if not loyal to your nation, and now if you wish to save your citizens, you will do the bravest thing and let yourselves be defeated."
Harkover: "Your nation coerced me into becoming a docile pet, and when Nicodemus freed me he promised he would do the same to the people of Risur. Now they are my pets. If you persist in your arrogant belief that you have the right to direct the fate of these people, then your last directive shall be for them to perish in fire."
Aleith|DM: He cups his gold wizard’s orb in one hand, then gestures with his other hand at the glow of red lantern light, slowly spreading through the city from the direction of Central District.
Zane rolls his head on his shoulders and looks up with a smile. "Inacht, I just want you to know that I appreciate you coming to me, instead of making me come find you."
Gerald` rubs at his face/
Harkover: "I just gave the order for the city’s gas lines to be flooded with energy from Jiese – pure elemental fire. In a matter of minutes it will reach high enough concentrations that it will explode, obliterating this city and all its people. Even if with your royal prowess you do manage to avert this, we have alerted Nicodemus, and the capital cities of the other four great nations are each lighting their own funeral pyres. You cannot save them all."
Chandrasekhar: "He is not your former monarch. I suggest that you bow."
Harkover: "Cast down your crown. Forsake the throne. Or this great city will die."
Gerald: "You know if you lead with something like that, it's going to be *very hard* to convince Zane that you're mind controlled and *not* rip out your heart, right?"
Garrett: "Better idea."
Garrett: "We take you down,"
Garrett: "Stop everything,"
Garrett: "And save the world."
Phyllis reacts with a [Spatial Lock] around the red lantern.
Garrett: "You'll soon realize why they call us one step ahead."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 48:Garrett | 42:Phyllis | 41:Gerald | 40:Ernst | 39:Chandrasekhar | 35:Zane | 27:Defence Squad D | 26:Harkover Lee | 24:Defence Squad A | 22:Defence Squad B | 22:Defence Squad C |
Harkover: "Then perish."
Zane: "Gerald, please. I'm not going to rip out his heart."
Zane holds the Arsenal in his left hand, folding it into a wicked karambit. "I'm going to cut it out."
Phyllis: "Garrett, can you tell if the Ghost Council yet influences him?"
[OOC] Garrett: can I
Aleith|DM: …well, he's floating in the air via the power of the ghost concilours controlling him, so, yes.
Garrett: "Yep."
Garrett: "He certainly is."
Gerald‘ glances between Zane’s hand, Phyllis, and Harkover. "You better hurry on breaking him free so he can take back some of those words."
[OOC] Phyllis: oh wait the lantern is … out there i guess
[OOC] Phyllis: nvm the spatial lock then
Garrett‘ sidles closer to Ernst and waits. [Delay to 40]
Phyllis: "Psychic and divine scalpels." She nods at Chandra.
Chandrasekhar nods back. "We can’t all have years of experience resisting mental assault, I suppose."
Phyllis waits until Ernst. [Delay to 40]
[OOC] Phyllis: 39? Whatever.
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ slowly pulls out his blaster and adjust a few settings while nodding to Ernst. "Looks like we’re all waiting on your signal." [Also Waiting]
Ernst: "I'll get us in position so Zane can go at it, then."
Zane: "I appreciate you Ernst. For more than your robot."
Ernst snaps his fingers, sliding the entire party forward. Mostly because he wants to be at 11 range for his Shotgun. [Slick Concoctation - Minor] He then places Stocke down. [Move]
Ernst then fires a [GMW] into Harkover Lee. [AP action coming after]
Garrett‘ frowns. "…the control on Harkover is exceptionally strong, though."
Ernst rolled 2#d20+40(1) and got 9 ( Total: 49.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+40(2) and got 17 [Total: 57.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 106.0, Avg: 13.00
Ernst rolled 5d8+21 and got 7, 6, 8, 3, 6 ( Total: 51.0 ) for +11 to hit, +7 damage, brutal 1 to everyone
Phyllis: "What does that mean, in particular?"
Stocke then blares his siren and fires a [Prismatic Strike] knocking Harkover Lee out of the sky and into the pavement from 40 feet high.
Garrett: "For those sent after us in the wilds, they were just pawns."
Ernst rolled 2#d20+45(1) and got 12 ( Total: 57.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+45(2) and got 9 [Total: 54.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 111.0, Avg: 10.50
Ernst rolled 4d8+21 and got 7, 4, 2, 5 ( Total: 39.0 ) for Prone, cannot stand up, -3 to attack rolls
Garrett: "Lee, being the puppet monarch and overall power lynchpin in Flint, is more important than that."
Also rolled 4d8+21 and got 4, 6, 2, 3 [Total: 36.0 (Low), Avg: 3.75]
Also rolled 4d8+21 and got 6, 6, 5, 6 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 5.75]
Total: 119.0, Avg: 4.67
Garrett: "Even if the council members controlling him were to die, it would not be long before more reasserted themselves."
Phyllis: "How long?"
Garrett: "…six seconds, maybe."
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 51!] [89!] He lands safely on the ground. [Fly speed >= 8
Aleith|DM: Garrett! Gerald! Phyllis!
Ernst shrugs. "Well, he’s on the ground now. Go at it."
Gerald‘ [Move]s closer, [Quarry]s Harkover and Squad A, then lets loose with a [Manticore’s Volley] into Lee.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+48(1) and got 6 ( Total: 54 )
Also rolled 2#d20+48(2) and got 7 [Total: 55]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 109
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+48(1) and got 7 ( Total: 55 )
Also rolled 2#d20+48(2) and got 18 [Total: 66]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 121
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+48(1) and got 1 ( Total: 49 )
Also rolled 2#d20+48(2) and got 8 [Total: 56]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 105
Aleith|DM: 2 hits! 2 hits! 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled 4d8r1+31 and got 2, 7, 5, 8 ( Total: 53.0 )
Also rolled 4d8r1+31 and got 7, 5, 6, 4 [Total: 53.0 (High), Avg: 5.50]
Also rolled 4d8r1+31 and got 2, 8, 5, 6 [Total: 52.0 (High), Avg: 5.25]
Also rolled 5d8r1+27 and got 5, 6, (1, 3), 7, 5 [Total: 53.0 (High), Avg: 5.20]
Total: 211.0, Avg: 5.35
Phyllis starts off with [Trick of Knowledge], then follows up with [Steal Time] to slow any response he can make. [more possibly to follow if that lands]
Phyllis rolled d20+43 and got 3 ( Total: 46.0 ) for Trick of Knowledge, Arcana roll
Phyllis: "How are we going to get him to belay the order, then?"
Phyllis rolled d20+44 and got 4 ( Total: 48.0 ) for Steal Time, vs will
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Phyllis: Stunned UEoPNT! Phyllis gets another standard action that she has to use before Lee recovers from stun.
Garrett: "Break control, and, if in his mind, he realizes what is happening,"
Garrett: "What he realizes that his word, controlled or not has done,"
Garrett: "…he should take that moment to revoke the order, stating that we have given up."
Garrett: "That would at least buy us some time."
Phyllis: "Hope he’s listening."
Phyllis: And finally, a pair of twin [Illusory Ambushes], one standard (borrowed from stolen time) and one minor [Quickened Spellcasting]. The mirages that strike him are a vision of Harkover Lee's draconic form, collared and leashed by a mechanical man, smoking tobacco that shares a name with his master.
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+43(1) and got 17 ( Total: 60.0 ) for vs Will
Also rolled 2#d20+43(2) and got 18 [Total: 61.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 121.0, Avg: 17.50
Phyllis rolled 2#2d6r1+31(1): 3, (1, 6) [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg and got 4.50
Also rolled 2#2d6r1+31(2) and got 6, 4 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 81.0, Avg: 4.75
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 211!] [81!
Phyllis: "What happens if he -can't- give the order?"
Phyllis eyes Zane at that.
Garrett: "Then we have to move very, very quickly, afterwards."
Zane: "I have faith in you, Ursinho."
Aleith|DM: Harkover curls into himself briefly before letting loose a roar, his body tearing apart, revelaing a a huge dragon with crimson scales and wings scarred with defensive runes. An entire congress of ghosts float behind the dragon's head, barely visible but fixated on compelling the loyalty of this fire-breathing titan.
Aleith|DM: He thrashes and bites at the ghosts that form a halo around his head, but he cannot seem to harm them. One ghost digs its incorporeal talons into his head and he stops resisting.
Garrett: "You see the resources they work to keep him loyal now."
Inacht: "Loyalty!" he roars. "For two centuries my loyalty to my ruler was absolute. Now Nicodemus rules, and yet you disobey! I shall bury you for defying my liege."
Aleith|DM: He chants, steps to the side, and tears an entire building free from the earth. It hurls across the compound at you, carried by streaks of golden magic.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Fight for Identity
Gerald: "Hmm."
Aleith|DM rolled 6#d20+37(1) and got 1 ( Total: 38.0 ) for vs Reflex
Also rolled 6#d20+37(2) and got 10 [Total: 47.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+37(3) and got 9 [Total: 46.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+37(4) and got 11 [Total: 48.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+37(5) and got 20 [Total: 57.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+37(6) and got 1 [Total: 38.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 274.0, Avg: 8.67
Aleith|DM rolled d20+37 and got 3 ( Total: 40 ) for for Stocke
[OOC] Ernst: +4 to everyones reflex
[OOC] Ernst: From slick concoctation
Gerald‘ rolls under the building as it goes flying past him.
[OOC] Garrett: :O
[OOC] Sir Faustin T Resoaix Bo> Aleith|DM rolled 6d6+30 -: 6d6=22 ]{52}
Aleith|DM: Phyllis takes 52 damage and is knocked prone and restrained [Escape DC 40]. While Restrained, she takes ongoing 5 damage!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` glides forward, and with a spectacular roll he finds himself on the other side of Inacht! [Move, Minor - Tumbling Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+47 and got 7 ( Total: 54 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 3d4r1+43: 3, (1, 3), (1, 4) [Total: 53.0 (High), Avg and got 3.33
Also rolled 5d8 and got 7, 5, 4, 6, 6 [Total: 28 (High), Avg: 5.60]
Total: 81.0, Avg: 4.75
Garrett` hops from flank to flank giving a flurry of cuts! [Circling Predator]
Garrett` rolled 2#1d20+47(1) and got 13 ( Total: 60 ) for vs AC
Also rolled 2#1d20+47(2) and got 18 [Total: 65]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 125
Garrett` rolled 3d4r1+48 and got 2, 4, 3 ( Total: 57.0 )
Garrett` rolled 3d4r1+48 and got 2, 4, 4 ( Total: 58.0 )
Garrett` takes a deep breath. [AP]
[Refreshes Circling Predator]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 81! 57! 58!
Garrett` removes his crown with one hand, tries to get a necklock with one arm, and tries to slam the crown onto Inacht’s head with the other! [???]
Aleith|DM: There's a burst of light from the ghost council hovering around his head that knocks the crown away.
Garrett: "Argh-" !
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Gerald: "The hell -"
Chandrasekhar teleports closer to Inacht, and then turns: "Look now on the truth of your master, Nicodemus." And then invokes [Vision of the Fall] on Squad A, because its will is lower, and [Call of Challenge]s against Inacht himself!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+32 and got 15 ( Total: 47 ) for vs. Will 40
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[9] fire+radiant to Inacht and everything else
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO! * 4!] [9!] The ghost councilors above Inacht's head are briefly visible as they snarl at Chandrasekhar and Phyllis!
Chandrasekhar: "You, as well. Behold what comes of following that man."
Aleith|DM: Inacht wings away from the king and then claws at Chandrasekhar. [Reasoned Evasion; OA from Garrett]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+39 and got 19 ( Total: 58 )
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+10 and got 6, 2, 3, 8 ( Total: 29.0 )
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+51 and got 16 ( Total: 67 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 2d4r1+44 and got 4, 2 ( Total: 50.0 )
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar takes 29 damage as the dragon’s talons tear through his defences. He then realizes that Inacht places a glowing purple glyph on his skin where he was struck. [Ongoing 10 lightning damage (save ends)]
Aleith|DM: Zane!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 50!
Chandrasekhar engages with the dragon. Better eyes on him than on the King or any of his friends, after all!
Zane slides through the rubble of the building. "For two hundred years you served Risur as an obedient dog. But now you have become rabid." He rips a pouch from his belt and hurls it up at the dragon. "You had best pray my friends cure you before I do." [Move, Insanity Mist]
Zane rolled 1d20+44 and got 8 ( Total: 52.0 ) for vs Refles
[OOC] Garrett: plus 11
[OOC] Aleith|DM: he included that
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Zane: that is plus eleven.
[OOC] Garrett: …………………….. i'm high i don't know why i thought it wasn't
Zane rolled 5d8r1+38 and got 4, 3, 3, 3, 6 ( Total: 57.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 57!
[OOC] Zane: Oh and ongoing 10 psychic I AM HELPING
[OOC] Garrett: zane is pursuing two rabbits and is going to catch at least one god pound it)
[OOC] Zane: thats how I garantee I get to eat
Aleith|DM: He snarls, swipes, and drives you into position for a devastating breath attack. [Positioning Sorcery]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+39 and got 1 ( Total: 40 ) for Dispelling Bite on Chandrasekhar
Aleith|DM rolled d20+37 and got 18 ( Total: 55 ) for Sigil Claw on Gerald
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 24!] from Sanction
Aleith|DM rolled d20+37 and got 10 ( Total: 47 ) for Sigil Claw on Zane
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+10,50% and got 4, 1, 8, 8 ( Total: 15.5 ) for Gerald's
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+10 and got 8, 4, 2, 6 ( Total: 30.0 ) for Zane's
Aleith|DM: Gerald takes 15 damage and ongoing 10 acid damage! Zane takes 30 damage and ongoing 10 frost damage!
Gerald‘ disruptive shot vs the attack on Zane since Zane is taking more damage
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+47(1) and got 6 ( Total: 53 )
Also rolled 2#d20+47(2) and got 14 [Total: 61]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 114
Gerald` rolled 4d8r1+40: 8, (1, 8), (1, 7), 2 [Total: 65.0 (High), Avg and got 6.25
[OOC] Gerald: and zane dodges
Aleith|DM: Blood curls down his face from his eyes, but he smiles and glances at what remains of the cursed Cauldron Hill. His next words are a whisper, but you can hear them perfectly in a sudden stillness. [65!]
Inacht: "May the witches who once contested the king of Risur now take their vengeance with my aid." [Final Arrogance]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+37 and got 18 ( Total: 55 ) for vs Will, Gerald
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: is the attack on zane eligible for punishment damage or is it… part of the attack on me?
Aleith|DM: You can only deal sanction damage once per round
Aleith|DM: Gerald is stunned (save ends). Until the end of the encounter, he takes a -10 penalty to attack rolls and defenses and cannot use any powers higher than 3rd level.
Gerald collapses, feeling as weak and powerless as he did years ago when he first stood atop Cauldron Hill. The great red dragon laughs and circles like a cat taunting his prey.
Inacht: "I have deprived you of your power," he taunts, "and when I swing around I mean to deprive you of your life."
[OOC] Zane: oh my god he killed Ice!
Aleith|DM: His inhalation is like the rising grandeur of a symphony nearing crescendo. The roar of flames deafens you. [AP -> Consuming Breath]
Ernst isn’t having any of that shit. He snaps his fingers and Gerald and Stocke swap places for [Final Arrogance] [Surprising Transposition]
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Did… I ever deal sanction damage to him this round in the first place, I'm confused
[OOC] Garrett: you did
[OOC] Aleith|DM: with the attack against Gerald
[OOC] Aleith|DM: the first one
[OOC] Aleith|DM: which I halved the damage for
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: o
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: OH i see
Aleith|DM rolled 5#d20+37(1) and got 15 ( Total: 52.0 ) for vs Reflex, Ernst, Gerald, Phyllis, Zane, Stocke
Also rolled 5#d20+37(2) and got 20 [Total: 57.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+37(3) and got 4 [Total: 41.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+37(4) and got 17 [Total: 54.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+37(5) and got 5 [Total: 42.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 246.0, Avg: 12.20
[OOC] Ernst: Still +4 reflex to all
Aleith|DM: Sadly, yes
Aleith|DM rolled 10d12 and got 11, 9, 7, 10, 7, 10, 11, 9, 8, 10 ( Total: 92 )
Aleith|DM: Gerald takes 120 damage! Zane takes 92 damage! Both are deafened, weakened, and take ongoing 30 fire damage (Save Ends All).
Aleith|DM: Ernst, Phyllis, and Stocke each take 46 damage and are both deafened and weakened until the end of Inacht's next turn!
Aleith|DM: And Inacht heals 120 damage.
[OOC] Zane: even with my +6 versus a bunch of elemental keywords?
Aleith|DM: Oh. You take only 46 then, right. It IS fire keyword
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 39:Chandrasekhar | 39:Garrett | 39:Gerald | 39:Phyllis | 36:Reasoned Evade | 35:Zane | 27:Defence Squad D | 26:Harkover Lee | 24:Defence Squad A | 22:Defence Squad B | 22:Defence Squad C |
Aleith|DM: Round 2! Ernst!
Ernst starts off with a dose of THP for himself, Phyllis and Stocke. [+73/+73/+36]
Ernst then lays down some [Spring Coiled Traps] before firing a [Prismatic Strike] into Lee.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+45(1) and got 5 ( Total: 50.0 ) for Prismatic
Also rolled 2#d20+45(2) and got 19 [Total: 64.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 114.0, Avg: 12.00
Aleith|DM: Harkover eats your Prismatic Shot. [Eat Hex]
[OOC] Ernst: Refresh Prismatic
[OOC] Aleith|DM: No Effect.
Chandrasekhar motions towards the dragon, and a hand of golden light materialises out of thin air and slaps him. [Hands of Retribution - 9 fire/radiant]
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Ernst stares at Harkover Lee before frowning. "Someone uhh…. mind pushing him into one of those bombs?"
Ernst rolled d20 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for save
Garrett‘ glides over to Inacht, and flurries at him once more [Move] [Circling Predator]
Garrett` rolled 2#1d20+42(1) and got 20 ( Total: 62 ) for vs AC
Also rolled 2#1d20+42(2) and got 10 [Total: 52]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 114
Garrett` rolled 6d6+89 and got 2, 5, 2, 4, 1, 1 ( Total: 104 ) for so dats the crit
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 104!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+41 and got 1 ( Total: 42 ) for regular hit
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 42!
Garrett` hisses as he swings low at Inacht’s haunches! [Minor - Low Slash]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+42 and got 3 ( Total: 45 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Gerald takes 10 acid damage, 30 damage, and is stunned!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Gerald` makes saves against stun at the start of the turn actually, hence my question!
Gerald` rolled d20+2 and got 2 ( Total: 4 ) for See if it even matters.
[OOC] Gerald: It Does Not
Phyllis activates her [Bracers of Mental Might] to try and escape. [Escape - move action, Athletics]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+2(1) and got 1 ( Total: 3 ) for 30, 10
Also rolled 2#d20+2(2) and got 18 [Total: 20]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 23
Gerald` rolled 1d20+2 and got 10 ( Total: 12 ) for also real stun check
Phyllis rolled d20+23 and got 15 ( Total: 38.0 ) for it’s now or never
Aleith|DM: It's never.
Phyllis still has a standard. But she's not getting up from the building.
Phyllis - wait. I have a preroll.
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 10 ( Total: 10 )
Phyllis nevermind
Phyllis attacks with [Mesmeric Hold]. The immobilize may not land, but the psychic damage is what she's really after.
Phyllis rolled d20+39 and got 13 ( Total: 52.0 ) for also using [Mage Hand] beforehand to get CA, vs will
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Aleith|DM: Remember, you're weakened.
Phyllis rolled 2d6*0.5+29*0.5 and got 1, 6 ( Total: 18.0 ) for psychic damage! would immobilize but he's immune to charm
[OOC] Phyllis: end of turn
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 18!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar teleports behind the dragon, [Divine Challenge]ing him this time and emitting a [Corona of Blinding Radiance]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+43 and got 10 ( Total: 53 ) for vs ref 46
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+15 and got 8, 4, 2 ( Total: 29 ) for radiant, blind, save ends
Aleith|DM: 42 is a miss! [7! Blind UEoNT!]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: wait 14
Aleith|DM: Chandra, save vs ongoing lightning damage
Aleith|DM: Inacht flies up and away from the group. [Reasoned Evasion; OAs from Garrett and Chandrasekhar
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+42 and got 14 ( Total: 56 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Flaming missiles fly from the orb in the crook of his right claw as he reaches the apex of his flight. [Firebolt]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+35 and got 13 ( Total: 48 )
Garrett` rolled 2d4+37 and got 2, 3 ( Total: 42 )
Aleith|DM: Five bolts of fire flash out to unerringly strike their targets, dealing 15 fire damage each to Chandrasekhar, Ernst, Garrett, Phyllis, and Zane. [No Attack Roll]
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+15 and got 5, 2 ( Total: 22 ) for radiant, and he’s vuln 8 radiant ueont
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 64!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20 and got 18 ( Total: 18 )
Zane moves over to Gerald and helps him get his shit together. (Make a save, +2)
Zane then vanishes.
[OOC] Zane: Untraceable Step
Aleith|DM: Harkover, too, disappears. [Greater Invisibility]
Zane shifts the Arsenal into a bow and waits. [Alert Stance]
Aleith|DM:
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 39:Chandrasekhar | 39:Garrett | 39:Gerald | 39:Phyllis | 36:Reasoned Evade | 35:Zane | 27:Defence Squad D | 26:Harkover Lee | 24:Defence Squad A | 22:Defence Squad B | 22:Defence Squad C |
Aleith|DM: Round 3! Ernst?
Chandrasekhar growls.
[OOC] Ernst: He's not targettable?
Aleith|DM: He's invisible.
Aleith|DM: you're welcome to target a random square
Ernst places down dat good ole level 1 daily to start.
[OOC] Garrett: higher
[OOC] Garrett: and like 50' up
Aleith|DM: You have summoned a psychic eye.
Ernst moves it with a move action, then.
Aleith|DM: Very good.
Aleith|DM: Garrett, Gerald, Phyllis, Chandrasekhar?
Ernst then says fuck it and just goes into his astral seed. [EoT]
Gerald‘ rolls his head around his shoulders, then fires his grappling hook at the top of the closest building, and uses it to swing himself towords the one behind it and throw himself through one of its windows, before rolling to a stop and applying some quick [First Aid] to himself.
Gerald` rolled d20+4 and got 2 ( Total: 6 )
Aleith|DM: The Grappling Hook is a 12th-level power.
[OOC] Gerald: eeegh no using amulet fuck that
Gerald` is signifigantly less cool and just jumps through the window of the closest building then I GUESS
Gerald` rolled d20+4 and got 11 ( Total: 15 )
Aleith|DM: Garrett doesn’t meet any resistance.
Chandrasekhar uses [Second Wind] and [Virtue] and stands his ground.
[OOC] Phyllis: resistance against what?
Aleith|DM: His movement.
Garrett‘ takes a second move action, doesn’t change altitude.
[OOC] Phyllis: oh
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for preroll i guess also
Garrett: "…" He's vigilant, but… [EoT]
Phyllis braces herself [Dwarven Resilience - minor for Second Wind], then stares at the ground for a moment. Reconfiguring some of her arcane reserves, she opens the portal to Mordenkainen's Mansion below her and falls through to escape the rubble. [AP->Arcane Mastery->regain Time Stop, minor->Refocus to swap Time Stop for Mansion in spellbook, standard->mansion]
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Zane shimmers back into view with his eyes closed, head cocked to the side, bow barely drawn. [Holding Masterstroke until the dragon comes within range to attack]
Zane shifts to Brute stance.
[OOC] Zane: done
Aleith|DM: A few more squads of soldiers appear on the scene, but Harkover doesn't make another move yet….

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License