Zg Session 128

Aleith|DM: You awake, scattered across the ground in a forest. Embers of blazing thistles drift by on a wind, briefly providing enough light to make out the surprisingly intact hull of your ship, lying without even a hushed whisper in this night-time wood. Your injuries are mysteriously healed, and the damage wrought by heavenly hailstones on your vessel has vanished, but as your gaze drifts upward through a crooked slit in the canopy, you see a starry abyss looking back, its nebulous teeth poised to crush your world, as they have crushed Av.
Aleith|DM: You're back in Risur. Your mission has failed. Your path to the Gyre has been cut off, and what little hope you had left has, like a candle reaching the end of its wick, guttered and turned to smoke.
Garrett‘ clears his throat, but hasn’t stood yet. "Sound off!" he calls out.
Aleith|DM: Then you hear a gasp of shock, and a deep-voiced laugh. Disoriented, you sit up and see, at the edge of the light, Benedict Pemberton and his gnoll lieutenant Pardo. Pemberton raises a glass in toast—distilled water, with a celery stick for flavor. He wears a black patch over his right eye.
Pemberton: "Constables," he says. Then he nudges Pardo. "I told you they'd come back. They can't help saving the day. It's pathological."
Gerald: "Cooper."
Garrett: "Not for lack of trying," he says, moving up to a sit.
Aleith|DM: As you look around, it appears that you have arrived a few dozen feet from the entrance of the ziggurat where the salamander Kuyler set fire to the Antwalk Thicket.
Aleith|DM: The once-stone building is still brass, and the fires have long-since died out, but the trees and undergrowth survived, and their greenery has grown back. Bizarrely, though, the whole scene is coated in an inch of snow and the temperature is freezing. The leaves are brittle and coated in ice.
Aleith|DM: A few dozen feet away, a section of the forest has been cleared to make way for a railroad, and it stretches away to the south. It appears a train was parked here, but the crash of your airship derailed it.
Zane takes a moment, processing everything that has happened. His eyes narrow to slits and his nostrils flare as he struggles to maintain his compsure. "Agent Bieito present and accounted for, Your Majesty."
Garrett: "…we've landed in a peculiar place."
Gerald‘ checks his guns before checking out the scenery.
Pemberton: "The new ruler of Risur built this railroad to help acces the plane of Jiese through the portal in the ziggurat, but ’local fauna' forced them to abandon that project, so they sealed the portal."
Gerald: "The what?"
Garrett: "Ah, fuck me, how long have we been gone?"
Pemberton: "That was several months ago, and the world has gotten dangerously cold since then, but I'm not sure if the two are related."
Zane sounds like death personified. "… Run that first part past me again."
Gerald: "…We got knocked out for a couple months and then coincidentally all woke up at once?"
Pemberton: "It's been almost a year since you departed to the Gyre, Constables."
Chandrasekhar scrambles to his feet, first, and -then- processes things, and… staggers. His trained voice betrays no sign of this, his face hidden, but still: he staggered. "Singh."
Zane closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, the struggle worsening. "And who, pray tell, is the new ruler of Risur?"
Ernst squints at Pemberton for a moment trying to gauge how serious he is.
Pemberton: "And you just suddenly appeared here, rather. I've been keeping an eye out for you since you disappeared, though the world believes you to be dead by-and-large."
Garrett: "If there's one interdimensional entity that would be most likely to screw with time, it'd be the Gyre."
Garrett: "And we just took a one-way trip through its teeth."
Garrett: "And this is going to be the one time I want 'Rock Rackus' as an answer."
Ernst glances at Garrett. "We did…?"
Garrett‘ shrugs at Ernst. "Either that or a really big meteor."
Phyllis: "If it was one way, how are we here, with the material plane intact?"
Phyllis: "But by all rights, that’s what should have happened."
Gerald: "What DID happen with Rock? I don't seem him here."
Ernst: "More importantly if we are here, how are we going to dealw ith Nico now?"
Garrett: "Even the tightest of gears have the smallest of slack?"
Ernst: "What has Nico been up to in the last year?"
Pemberton: "Once you left, and Av was destroyed, Aodhan ran things for a while, but…"
Pemberton: "Several weeks later, Nicodemus managed to convince the rest of the world to invade Risur again, and this time it happened in earnest.
Zane: "…"
Ernst chews at his lip.
Pemberton: "It began with soldiers captured from the invading armies in Risur, soldiers who were possessed by powerful Obscurati ghosts. They let themselves be taken to prisoner of war camps, where they overpowered the unexpecting guards, then triggered the formation of hiveminds."
Garrett‘ rubs at his temples.
Pemberton: "Somehow the possessing ghosts managed to stabilize the hiveminds so they were able to draw people in and make them obey, but the hivemind did not become insanely single-minded like previous manifestations had."
Ernst: "So what you’re saying is that Nico has the entire world including our country under his thumb right now and we're the last people standing?"
Pemberton: "The Risuri soldiers, outnumbered by the prisoners, weren't able to resist the combined psychic will, and they became loyal to the Obscurati. This continued like an avalanche rolling down a hill; the more people caught in the hivemind, the more easily it could pull others into itself."
Gerald: "Aha. No wonder you wanted us back.
Garrett: "We -really- need to kill that guy."
Pemberton: "It spread faster than a disease; it spread like an idea, and almost as soon as someone became aware of the risk, their minds were overwhelmed."
Gerald‘ starts digging around in his pockets, then nods to himself after making sure all his engraved bullets are still there.
Phyllis: "Kill or otherwise disarm. His nature is one that I suspect can’t be beaten by mundane means."
Phyllis: "He's died before, at least in body. But we have a way to kill ideas."
Phyllis: "If he spreads memetically…"
Garrett: "Yeah, it was mostly flippant, since so far, we've been unsuccessful in making it stick…"
Garrett‘ rolls forward onto his feet, and pushes up to a stand.
Ernst: "What are the odds of taking back Risur? We’re going to be limited without it."
Gerald: "We just need a more efficient weapon."
Phyllis leans in, with a conspiratorial whisper to her voice. "The Sacrament."
Zane: "Where is Aodhan now? And Inatch?"
Garrett‘ nods along with Phyllis. "It was a good idea before, and, well… a still great idea, but with the hivemind in effect for what sounds like the whole world…"
Pemberton: "Most of my duplicant spies were discovered and absorbed into these new hiveminds, but before that happened I learned of panic in numerous cities."
Garrett` exhales through his teeth, slowly shaking his head.
Pemberton: "People had only a vague idea what was happening, but knew that crowds were a threat, so many fled into the wilderness."
Pemberton: "My gnolls and I are fairly safe on my island, I hope."
Gerald: "No offense but if Pemberton of all people managed to avoid getting caught for a year there’s got to be a couple of clusters out there unconnected so…"
Garrett: "Is there any doubt that we'd see the end of, oh, 90% of sentience?"
Gerald: "Even if we take out the whole hivemind network it's not a complete wash."
Garrett: "That is a lot more death than I'm comfortable with. And I was okay with 'thousands.'"
Ernst: "I'd imagine Pemberton would be at the top of Nico's hitlist after we were gone, yeah."
Ernst: "It's no secret you're on that island why didn't he go after you?"
Gerald: "One could argue they're already dead for all practical intents and purposes."
Pemberton: "I'm not on Axis Island anymore."
Garrett: "Mmmmmmmmmm, you could, but we've seen that control from under a hivemind can be wrested away."
Garrett: "I don't think they're lost causes just yet."
Gerald‘ rolls a shrug, then glances from Garrett to Phyllis.
Ernst: "If we just roll up to Nico right now he’ll probably pull the 'I'm going to get the entire world to commit suicide if you come after me bullshit he did last time."
Gerald: "If anyone's got another plan that'll actually work…"
Pemberton: "Nic has place our good friend Inacht as the head of Risur under this new regime, Agent Bieito."
Zane: "…"
Zane: "I'm going to skin that fucking lizard while he is still alive."
Ernst: "Dragons."
Pemberton: "I'm afraid he's not in his right mind at the moment."
Gerald: "Huh?"
Pemberton: "Hiveminds…?"
Pemberton: "They're psychically controlling everyone."
Gerald: "Who's Inacht?"
Ernst: "Harkover Lee."
Zane: "Harkover Lee's real name."
Gerald: "Oh, his - okay."
Ernst: "Aodhans right hand man. The dragon."
Pemberton: "I believe he prefers the human name by this point. Probably."
Gerald: "Man, it WILL be a shame to have to kill Lee he was pretty good at his job."
Zane: "And that's just a damned shame, Gradiax."
Chandrasekhar looks up. (And glances, briefly, in Pardo's direction.) "…nothing has ended while we still draw breath. A new Dirge will have to be composed for this world." Beat, and, directed to Pardo: "What troubles you?"
Aleith|DM: A shining portal opens in the air within arm's length of all of you, and a horde of foes materialize. Four dozen
Aleith|DM: metal humanoids stand poised to attack, their limbs ending in weapons, and with them are five people.
Aleith|DM: Kaja Stewart, who once crafted weapons for the Ob, holds up empty hands, ready to conjure firearms. Two black-robed mages are shrouded in shadow, and they flank a third, nondescript figure holding a cigarette.
Aleith|DM: Lauryn Cyneburg, formerly Risur's minister of infiltration, pulls the portal shut with a snap of her fingers. "Hm," she says, glancing at how close they arrived. "My aim has improved."
Aleith|DM: In the center of the ambush party, the nondescript man says, "Of course you would show up a day before I solve this. I suppose you think you're swooping in to," he chuckles, "'save the world'?"
Gerald: "But it's ont nearly as good as mine."
Nicodemus: "Your former allies, who now see the wisdom of my new world order, told me your mission. You were going to use the Axis Seal yourself with your own new planes."
Garrett: "That's how it'll be written, yeah."
[OOC] Gerald: bet^
Phyllis: "I suppose you think the same of yourself."
Nicodemus: "Imitation is flattery, and I'm glad you wanted to follow my lead, but it was your noses stuck where things didn't need sticking that caused the situation we're in. I assure you we have 'saving the world' in hand, and this will all turn out tidy and safe if you don’t cause any more trouble. But maybe you've found something useful."
Aleith|DM: He sucks in a long drag from his cigarette, cracks a charming smile, and gestures for you to explain yourselves.
Ernst glances at Gerald to see if he's going to just shoot him or not.
Garrett: "Uh mostly we were trying to save the fey."
Phyllis: "Can you explain yourself? All I've wanted to know this entire time was what your plan was."
Phyllis: "How much of it is your design, and how much of it is the Voice of Rot's interference?"
Garrett: "Yeah, you two seem on the outs."
Phyllis: "Is it one of the planes? Or the presence of the Gyre itself?"
Phyllis: "Was it Baden?"
Gerald‘ shrugs at Ernst, then draws a pistol and shoots the ciggerate out of Nicodemus’ mouth.
Phyllis: "I have tried to ask this of you before, but - "
Zane shoots a pleading look first at Garrett and then at Chandra. His lips pull back to bare his teeth. He is quite obviously about to start murdering people and consequences be damned.
Gerald: "Oh, feel free to keep talking that was just bothering me."
Aleith|DM: Nicodemus tuts. "I thought you were going to be civillized about this but…"
Ernst casually takes the time to deploy stocke early just in case.
Phyllis: "… One more misstep and I will not be gentle."
Gerald: "Civilized?"
Gerald: "Are you FUCKING kidding me?"
Gerald: "You, of all people, think you have a right to complain about people not being civilized?"
Chandrasekhar: "We have given you every chance to be civilised, whilst you have betrayed your ideals and opened the door for entropy's grinding maw to end us all."
Chandrasekhar: "If you have something useful to say, say it."
Garrett: "Are you going to answer any of Phyllis or can you get ready to shuffle into a new body already."
Nicodemus: "King Woodson, can you keep your attack dog in check, please? People are trying to talk here."
Gerald: "You're a gods damned narcosistic, regarded mass murdered with no integrity."
[OOC] Gerald: deranged^
Phyllis: "Just … a moment, Gerald. The grown-ups are talking." [Steal Time]
Chandrasekhar has a hand on Zane's shoulder. There's no -force-, and yet.
Ernst: "Mildly curious. What'd you end up doing to Kasvarina?"
Garrett: "I only have so many hands," he says, sidling slightly next to Gerald, nodding to Chandrasekhar as he moves into The Zane Block.
Zane is almost vibrating with the need for violence under Chandrasekhar's hand. Nicodemus showed up at a really bad time for talkies.
Phyllis: Or at least, she plans to if he keeps going. If not, she turns back to Nicodemus. "We have a common foe."
Nicodemus: "Ms. Lenz, the Voice of Rot interfered at the last moment before we were going to close up the Axis Seal. The current planes in the sky were all the choice of our plan from compromises."
Nicodemus: "As for Kasvarina, she's well in hand."
Nicodemus: "Did you learn anything in your jaunt to the Gyre?"
[OOC] Phyllis: we don't, right?
Chandrasekhar narrows his eyes; his fingertips twitch against Zane's shoulder.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: nope
[OOC] Phyllis: don't remember anything at least
[OOC] Zane: we learned it fucking eats worlds!
Gerald‘ .oO( Why ARE we talking to him though? It has literally never done any good, and he has no interest in listening. He just liked to hear the sound of his own voice.)
Garrett` ’s eyes shift, truthfully.
Garrett: "Unless you mean our trip to the dreaming, and the subsequent crash that we sort of blacked out for…"
Phyllis: "Our - our what? We were on Av, then appeared here."
Garrett: "Well, we learned the end of the world, sucks."
Phyllis looks genuinely taken aback.
Nicodemus shrugs. "So much for that attempt, then."
Ernst: "I'd imagine the voice of rot isn't done with us quite yet at least. How do you plan to deal with it?"
Nicodemus: "We'll figure that after we fix the seal tomorrow. I'll ask you one last time. Work with me, rather than against me."
Garrett‘ . o O (Alright, open fire.)
Nicodemus: "I can assure you that our new plan for the Axis Seal will put an end to all the chaos that broke out since the Great Eclipse."
Gerald: "Go fuck yourself."
Zane explodes into motion.
Gerald` opens fire on Nicodemus’ portal master.
Phyllis does not, in fact, steal time from Gerald.
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
Ernst rolled d20 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
Phyllis: "The hiveminds from Gidim. Still present, but … under your subjugation?"
Phyllis: "As if it's your plan now."
Chandrasekhar: . O O(I'm reasonably certain Pardo sold us out, by the by.)
Ernst: . o O (I don't buy him being the only non-hive minded resident in the world for a second, no.)
Phyllis: "I had been holding onto the hope that your planar arrangement was compromised, and that you would have seen that as a flaw, not a happy little feature."
Garrett‘ . o O (Ugh. Well, I’m sure Pemberton will get over his death.)
Gerald‘ .oO( If not I got a bullet with his name on it too. )
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 47:Garrett | 43:Ernst | 35:Chandrasekhar | 35:Phyllis | 35:Elite Occultist A | 33:Elite Occultist B | 32:Lauryn Cyneburg | 31:Gerald | 30:Kaja Stewart | 29:Zane | 29:ConstructSquad B | 28:ConstructSquad D | 26:ConstructSquad C | 21:ConstructSquad A | 18:Pardo |
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
[OOC] Gerald: Word Of Waring, +5 Init And CA To Everyone
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 52:Garrett | 48:Ernst | 40:Chandrasekhar | 40:Phyllis | 36:Gerald | 35:Elite Occultist A | 34:Zane | 33:Elite Occultist B | 32:Lauryn Cyneburg | 30:Kaja Stewart | 29:ConstructSquad B | 28:ConstructSquad D | 26:ConstructSquad C | 21:ConstructSquad A | 18:Pardo |
Garrett` waits a second. [Delay to 47]
Ernst fires off a [GMW] at Occultist A.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+40(1) and got 5 ( Total: 45.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+40(2) and got 6 [Total: 46.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 91.0, Avg: 5.50
Ernst rolled 5d8+21 and got 8, 4, 4, 6, 7 ( Total: 50.0 ) for +11 to hit, +7 DMG, brutal 1 to everyone
Chandrasekhar stares Nicodemus down. [Patient Revenge] definitely fucking procs I’d imagine.
Nicodemus: "Well, yes. Your old friend Dr. von Recklinghausen didn't run into you in Ber, but he was able to use autopsies of the Gidim to figure out how to stabilze the hivemind effect."
Aleith|DM: It sure does, Chandrasekhar.
Ernst then sets off a tHP shield on Chandra and Garrett. [+79 THP]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 50!
Ernst then gives everyone +4 AC with [Iron Hide Infusion] before seperating from the group
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
Garrett: "You may have the minds of the Risurians, under extreme duress-" He slides out his daggers.
Garrett: "But the hearts still say that I'm the king." He takes a few steps forward and then kicks off with great speed, appearing on the other end of Lauryn! [Move] [Minor - Tumbling Strike]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+38 and got 10 ( Total: 48 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 3d4+36 and got 2, 4, 2 ( Total: 44 ) for now vuln 5 cold
Also rolled 5d8 and got 8, 8, 4, 1, 2 [Total: 23]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 67
[OOC] Ernst: Brutal 1
[OOC] Garrett: oh FUCK
[OOC] Ernst: +7 dmg
[OOC] Garrett: ok well the brutal 1 didn’t need to reroll but add another 7 to that aleith
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 74!
Garrett‘ rolled 1d8 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for brutal on sneak
Garrett` speeds up, shifting left and right, stabbing wildly! [Circling Predator on Lauryn]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+49 and got 17 ( Total: 66 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d20+49 and got 5 ( Total: 54 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+48 and got 4 ( Total: 52.0 )
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+48 and got 4 ( Total: 52.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 104!
Aleith|DM: Though you’ve seen Lauryn before, Garrett, there is somehow more to her now. As she moves you sense the presence of a dozen ships’ captains, the slithering steel path of a shadowed train, and the lurking eyes of the ghost council, demanding obedience. [Hivemind Presence]
Garrett: "…oh gods."
Aleith|DM: A barely visible coil of psychic might streaks from Lauryn and into Garrett's mind, drawing his thoughts to places scattered across the world. [Gestalt Strike]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 4 ( Total: 37 ) for vs Will
Garrett‘ . o O (It’s not impossible to win this war without causing the deaths of hundreds-of-thousands- "
Aleith|DM: But he resists the pull.
Garrett: "NNnnnnn- not so fast!"
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Garrett‘ . o O (The link to the hivemind can be broken.)
Garrett` . o O (It’s being mediated by the ghost councilors of the Ob.)
Garrett‘ . o O (They’re all connected, psychically.)
Gerald‘ .oO( Aha. We’ve killed ghost before.)
Phyllis: "Good to know."
Chandrasekhar: . o O (That is the first good news I've heard all day.)
Gerald‘ takes a moment to look in Nicodemus’ direction, then starts laughing out loud.
Phyllis . o O ( One need only sever the link. )
Garrett‘ . o O (Psychic assaults, as well as those of a higher calling, will go right to their minds.)
Chandrasekhar: . o O (A higher calling, you say.)
Garrett` . o O (Got it in one, Chandra.)
[OOC] Phyllis: all this ’immune to charm' stuff and now this curveball of news
Chandrasekhar: . o O (Perhaps this broken world does not require a dirge, then, but a call to return to the dance of the waking world.)
Phyllis eyes Pardo, then inflicts upon him images of where she sees this world headed. Cold, dark, and empty, with only the creatures of Gidim floating in the wreckage. This is what you wrought. Reap what you sow. [False Reality]
Phyllis rolled d20+44 and got 18 ( Total: 62.0 ) for vs Will. that +11 is handy, huh?
Aleith|DM: A moment ago, Pemberton’s gnoll minion was docile and unassuming, but suddenly his hackles raise, and you can feel his thoughts: desperate concern for a strip mine filled with gnoll slaves, self-loathing for his imminent betrayal, and a burning hatred for the ghost council, who demand his obedience.
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis: Helpless and stunned, save ends both. -2 to saves.
Phyllis assaults Occultist A with an [Illusory Ambush] (Quickened Spellcasting).
Phyllis rolled d20+44 and got 4 ( Total: 48.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6r1+39: 6, (1, 1, 6) [Total: 51.0 (High), Avg and got 6.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 51! Bloodied!
Phyllis startles for a moment, eyes flickering with some realization. . o O ( Zane. Go easy on him. Snap him out of it. The ghost council is driving his actions. )
Garrett: "Pemberton, you may want to…" He waves a hand to the side.
Phyllis rolled d20+43 and got 20 ( Total: 63.0 ) for oh right trick of knowledge, too
[OOC] Phyllis: weeeeLP
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Ernst: +11 to hit, +7 dmg, brutal 1
Chandrasekhar vworps into the middle of all of these assholes and summons [Astral Thunder] while setting down a [Call of Challenge]!
Chandrasekhar rolled 6#d20+43(1) and got 5 ( Total: 48 ) for vs. Fort
Also rolled 6#d20+43(2) and got 2 [Total: 45]
Also rolled 6#d20+43(3) and got 20 [Total: 63]
Also rolled 6#d20+43(4) and got 11 [Total: 54]
Also rolled 6#d20+43(5) and got 17 [Total: 60]
Also rolled 6#d20+43(6) and got 19 [Total: 62]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 332
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+22 and got 2, 2 ( Total: 26 ) for thunder, UEONT -6 attack penalty, vs. squad A, occultist A and B, Kaja, Nico, and Lauren.
Aleith|DM rolled 6d6+16+22 and got 2, 2, 5, 3, 2, 3 ( Total: 55.0 )
Chandrasekhar rolled 6d8+38 and got 4, 7, 1, 3, 4, 1 ( Total: 58 )
Chandrasekhar raises his hand and gives Nico the tiniest little wave goodbye as the echoes fade.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 26! * 4!] [58!] [41!
Aleith|DM: Nicodemus' body collapses, but as he does, a black crystal in his hand drops and shatters on the ground.
Aleith|DM: When it does, a giant monster-one you've seen before, back in the Malice Lands-appears.
Garrett‘ stares up at the abomination, and then shouts- "-gerALD!"
Gerald: "Ah, I remember the moral to this story. Nicodemus was the real monster, all along."
Gerald` loads a fresh ammo cartridge into his gun.
Chandrasekhar: "Rundi ke tathi pe biatne wala makhi."
Aleith|DM: A barely visible coil of psychic might streaks from Kaja and into Gerald’s mind, filling his thoughts with hallucinatory explosions, which he ducks to avoid. [Gestalt Strike]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 18 ( Total: 51 ) for vs Will
Gerald‘ narrows his eyes and fires his blaster into Kaja’s as she turns his way.
[OOC] Gerald: Disruptive Shot
Gerald‘ rolled 2d20 and got 20, 19 ( Total: 39 )
Aleith|DM: Crits!
Zane: (fux lmao)
Gerald` rolled 6d6+72 and got 1, 4, 1, 4, 2, 5 ( Total: 89 ) for -11 to hit, I’m good.
[OOC] Ernst: Brutal tho
Gerald‘ rolled 2d6r1-2 and got 2, 2 ( Total: 2.0 )
[OOC] Gerald: 91, and 9 to Ob B from auto fire
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 29!] [91!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald: "YOU AIN’T SHIT, MILLER! SUCK ON REAL PROGRESS!" The blaster begins to glow with energy, then starts to unload and uncountable number of shots. [Fly Up] [Master Of The Hunt] [AP] [LEts Start With Volley Of The Manticore]
Gerald‘ rolled 3#2d20(1) and got 9, 6 ( Total: 15 )
Also rolled 3#2d20(2) and got 7, 16 [Total: 23]
Also rolled 3#2d20(3) and got 16, 13 [Total: 29]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 67
Gerald` rolled 3#4d8r1+49(1): 5, 6, (1, 4), 8 [Total: 72.0 (High), Avg and got 5.75
Also rolled 3#4d8r1+49(2) and got 2, 6, (1, 4), (1, 1, 2) [Total: 63.0 (Low), Avg: 3.50]
Also rolled 3#4d8r1+49(3) and got 3, 3, 8, 8 [Total: 71.0 (High), Avg: 5.50]
Also rolled 2d8r1 and got 7, 8 [Total: 15 (High), Avg: 7.50]
Total: 221.0, Avg: 5.29
Gerald` [Five Missile Dance]
Gerald` rolled 5#2d20(1) and got 6, 4 ( Total: 10 )
Also rolled 5#2d20(2) and got 6, 13 [Total: 19]
Also rolled 5#2d20(3) and got 12, 10 [Total: 22]
Also rolled 5#2d20(4) and got 12, 18 [Total: 30]
Also rolled 5#2d20(5) and got 3, 7 [Total: 10]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 91
Gerald` rolled 5#5d8r1+49(1) and got 3, 2, 2, 5, 3 ( Total: 64.0 ) for Prone, Immobilize (SE)
Also rolled 5#5d8r1+49(2) and got (1, 6), 4, 5, 5, 7 [Total: 76.0 (High), Avg: 5.40]
Also rolled 5#5d8r1+49(3) and got 2, 5, 5, (1, 2), 3 [Total: 66.0 (Low), Avg: 3.40]
Also rolled 5#5d8r1+49(4) and got 5, 7, 5, 7, 7 [Total: 80.0 (High), Avg: 6.20]
Also rolled 5#5d8r1+49(5) and got 2, 2, 5, 2, 4 [Total: 64.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 350.0, Avg: 4.20
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 221! 350! Bloodied!
[OOC] Gerald: Quick Shotgun
Gerald` rolled 2d20 and got 1, 2 ( Total: 3 )
Gerald` rolled 1d8r1+51 and got 8 ( Total: 59.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 59!
[OOC] Gerald: actually I guess i prone on the 4th hit of five so my fith hit should have done +2 as well so add 2 more
Aleith|DM: Okay.
Gerald: "All yours Zane!"
Aleith|DM: Elite Occultist A’s obsidian orb smashes into Chandrasekhar! [Orb Conk]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+29 and got 9 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM: Missing the eladrin paladin.
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane may be wallowing in his primordial bloodlust, but he's not lost completely. The Arsenal gets coated in Carrion Crawler Brain Juice before he launches himself at Cyneburg, vaulting Chandrasekhar with a graceful somersault before his blade somehow is in two places at once, piercing the Minister of Infiltration and hydra simultaneously. [Minor to poison, Move, Masterstroke (lets me
Zane make an MBA), spending one combat die to make a second MBA. AP to follow hopefully]
Zane rolled 2#1d20+47(1) and got 18 ( Total: 65.0 ) for vs AC. Cyneburg then Hydra
Also rolled 2#1d20+47(2) and got 6 [Total: 53.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 118.0, Avg: 12.00
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Zane slays the hydra outright [Death Attack]
Aleith|DM: The Screaming Malice stops screaming as it and all five of its heads collapse to the ground like a deflated ballon. [KO!]
Garrett: "Thanks, you two."
Zane rolled 2d10+41 and got 4, 10 ( Total: 55.0 ) for to Cyneburg, part 1
Gerald‘ stares Kaja down as Zane finishes tearing things to shread in the wake of his blaster’s energy disperal.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+29 and got 20 ( Total: 49 ) for vs AC, OA from Kaja
Gerald: "So, that wasn't the scary thing."
Yamobot: Aleith|DM rolled 2*6+14 -> {26}
Aleith|DM: Hitting Zane for 26 with her pistol bayonet!
Gerald: "The scary thing is that that our good friend the artificier hasn't even started powering us up yet."
Zane doesn't even notice.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: you have GMW, I disagree
Gerald: "This is your one, singular chance to back down before you become a fine red mist, much like the abomination behind you."
Ernst: "I gave you one of my five things rather than everything at once."
Ernst: "But… yeah."
Aleith|DM: 55!]
Gerald: "Man don't fucking butt in with tiny editor comments when we're intimidating people!"
Zane then pivots on the ball of his feet and slams his hand over Cyneburgs mouth and nose. There is the sound of glass crunching and he hisses, "No escape. No mercy." [AP -> Insanity Mist]
Phyllis: "Zane. ZANE."
Aleith|DM: Gerald: Diplomacy check…?
Phyllis: "Garrett, just … explain the thing?"
Zane promises bloody retribution as faint wisps of smoke rise from his gloved hand.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+16 and got 1 ( Total: 17 ) for im mostly just here to shoot people b/c they never listen
Zane rolled 1d20+44 and got 19 ( Total: 63.0 )
Aleith|DM: You sure are unconvincing.
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett: "I did, but if I’m being honest…"
Garrett: "…I wonder if the dust will travel through the link…"
Garrett: "…and afflict the ghosts instead?"
Gerald: "This isn't even the first time Kaja's betrayed us, her getting a face full of death isn't anything to get worked up about."
Garrett: "He didn't hit Kaja with it though."
Gerald: "Oh." Gerald squints as the light from the blaster dies down.
Gerald: "Well whatever."
Garrett: "Yeah, we actually like Lauryn."
Gerald: "Can't make a few omlettes without driving a couple suckers under mind control insane."
Aleith|DM: Kaja reels from the effects of Chandrasekhar's Divine Sanction, two ghost councilors appearing behind her, snarling. [Weakened UEoNT]
Zane rolled 4d8+31 and got 8, 7, 2, 5 ( Total: 53.0 ) for damage, Furious Assault, Attack Finesse and ongoing 10 psychic
Also rolled 3d8 and got 1, 7, 4 [Total: 12 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 5d10 and got 9, 9, 1, 7, 5 [Total: 31 (High), Avg: 6.20]
Total: 96.0, Avg: 5.42
Garrett: "In comparison to 'let's ritual-kill Nico and then everyone under the hivemind control,' I'm willing to see where this goes," he says, voice dropping off near the end. "(For whatever it's worth.)"
Garrett‘ still has his guard up but he eyes Cyneburg with sympathy.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 96!
Phyllis: "I was -about- to say, you chastised me mere moments ago for ignoring the welfare of who he’s coerced into this mess."
Phyllis: "Just do enough to snap them out of it and severe the link."
Zane: "You whine like children. She'll be fine."
Garrett: "Straight bullshit, Zane."
Aleith|DM: Occultist B takes a step back, then sweeps his orb, and insubstantial black tendrils reach up from the ground to snare at Chandrasekhar! [Shadow Tentacles]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 8 ( Total: 35 ) for vs Ref
Garrett: "Look at me with a straight face and tell me anyone who you attack ever ends up 'fine.'"
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: A shadowy immage of Occultist A appears beside Pardo and helps free it from Phyllis' spell. [Shadowy Aid]
Zane looks at Garrett with bloodcrazed eyes. "Nicodemus is currently just fucking peachy thank you very much."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 11 ( Total: 11 )
Aleith|DM: False Reality ends. Aftereffect?
Phyllis rolled 4d10r1+36: (1, 8), 8, 9, 4 [Total: 65.0 (High), Avg and got 7.25
Aleith|DM: Pardo staggers as the ghost councilors possessing him appear breifly, growling! [65!]
Aleith|DM: A shadow of Occultist B does the same with Lauren Cyneburg. [Shadowy Aid]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+2 and got 7 ( Total: 9 )
Aleith|DM: But Zane's poison still lingers.
Phyllis: Let us remember that Nicodemus takes over the bodies of others, and that the poor sap that Chandra decked earlier may be some rando that didn't deserve such a fate. Fortunately, there is an [Eschatologist] in the party to exert some force over what should be their proper end.
Aleith|DM: Not to mention Ostea.
Phyllis: Stealing my thunder.
Aleith|DM: Lauren staggers as the poison courses through her system, infuriating the ghost councilors attached to her. [Weakened UEoZNT]
Aleith|DM: Pemberton just shakes his head, an angry snarl on his face. "Sorry, constables, I didn't expect this. I'll be right back after I take care of something." His duplicant turns inert and sags, returning back to it's original metallic configuration.
Aleith|DM: Lauren cocks her head for a moment as if calculating, and then the entire battlefield shifts. [Tactical Reposition]
Gerald: "Wonder what that was about."
Aleith|DM rolled 6#d20+29(1) and got 18 ( Total: 47.0 ) for vs Will, party
Also rolled 6#d20+29(2) and got 16 [Total: 45.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+29(3) and got 3 [Total: 32.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+29(4) and got 15 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Garrett: "Iiiiiiiiiif I had to guess, he may be about to slit Pardo's throat."
Also rolled 6#d20+29(5) and got 17 [Total: 46.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+29(6) and got 13 [Total: 42.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 256.0, Avg: 13.67
Garrett: "Would you be surprised to hear Pardo's a replicant, too?"
Zane: "Nope."
Gerald‘ actually [Disruptive Shot] Lauryn, turns out.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: which roll? Ernst?
Aleith|DM: That or Zane
[OOC] Gerald: Saving Ernst, Zane’s got more THP
Phyllis: "Before you do that, consider that his will is not his own. He is acting under coercion and duress."
[OOC] Gerald: 91]!
Aleith|DM: And the teleport fizzles out as Gerald's shot tears into her. [KO!]
Phyllis directs her words at Pemberton, that is.
Aleith|DM: As with Lauryn, this woman is filled with the power of a host of allies. Kaja flicks her pistols toward you, but you feel the cannons of an entire artillery barrage taking aim, guided by the hand of the ghost council, who demand her obedience.
Aleith|DM: …….
Aleith|DM rolled d20+29 and got 18 ( Total: 47 )
Aleith|DM: As Zane ends his turn, Kaja takes a shot at him. [Suppressive Fire]
Aleith|DM rolled 2d4+14,50% and got 1, 4 ( Total: 9.5 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 9
Aleith|DM: A mechanized shotgun appears beside her. It begins firing repeatedly, floating in air and suppressing the area around Gerald. [Auto-Shotgun]
Zane takes the graze across the back of his arm and snarls, "You're next, don't worry."
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 11 ( Total: 40.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 12 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 81.0, Avg: 11.50
Aleith|DM: It misses. But keeps floating there as it reloads.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: is she the one who already got sanction'd this turn
Aleith|DM: She sure is
Gerald: "Like I said, you're not as good a shot as I am…"
Aleith|DM: She then takes a step back and raises an arm.
[OOC] Zane: thats why shes Weakened. You Done Good, Teak
Aleith|DM: She then fires at Chandrasekhar twice. [Twin Strike]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 10 ( Total: 39.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 7 [Total: 36.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 75.0, Avg: 8.50
Aleith|DM: Missing twice.
Aleith|DM: But taking several steps back as she does.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: do I get to OA as she steps away
Aleith|DM: No, she shifted.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: nuts.
Aleith|DM: The right shoulders on Obscurati Construct Squad B mount a squat turret, which they aim at Garrett and Zane. [Turrett Fusillade]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 4 ( Total: 39.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 19 [Total: 54.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 93.0, Avg: 11.50
Aleith|DM: Hitting Zane for 40 damage!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: can I Demand Respect that
Aleith|DM: Yes.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+32+11 and got 8 ( Total: 40 ) for am I still swole? i assume so
Aleith|DM: yes so that should be 51 because Sugar doesn't work like that. Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d10+22 and got 8, 5 ( Total: 35 ) for divine, radiant, prone, blind UEONT
Aleith|DM: ….that's technically a close attack. [50!]
Aleith|DM: It still hits Zane though.
Aleith|DM: And then it stands up
Aleith|DM: Construct Squad D grabs grenades off of their hips and start tossing them around! [Concussive Grenades]
Aleith|DM rolled 6#d20+35(1) and got 12 ( Total: 47.0 ) for vs AC, Chandrasekhar, Ernst, Stocke, Gerald, Garrett, Zane
Also rolled 6#d20+35(2) and got 12 [Total: 47.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(3) and got 7 [Total: 42.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(4) and got 5 [Total: 40.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(5) and got 8 [Total: 43.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(6) and got 5 [Total: 40.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
[OOC] Ernst: Everyone has +4 AC
Total: 259.0, Avg: 8.17
[OOC] Ernst: So that does not hit me and Chandra
Aleith|DM: Or anyone at all
[OOC] Ernst: More those ones would have hit if I didn't Iron-hide
Aleith|DM: Yes
Aleith|DM: A barely visible coil of psychic might streaks from Pardo and into your mind, driving Ernst to furious anger. [Gestalt Strike]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 5 ( Total: 38 ) for vs Will
Ernst even with his god awful WILL score isn't getting hit by that.
Aleith|DM: But he shrugs it off.
Aleith|DM: COnstruct Squad C moves up closer. The constructs' left arms end in a spinning saw. They grab with their right arms and try to disembowel Gerald and smash up Stocke.
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 15 ( Total: 50.0 ) for Grindsaw Arms
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 9 [Total: 44.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 94.0, Avg: 12.00
Stocke shimmers and swaps places with Gerald. [Surprising Transposition] 50 misses Stocke, 44 misses Gerald.
Aleith|DM: Okay, since Gerald was in the air, make that a Turrett Fusillade instead.
Aleith|DM: so either Gerald takes 40 or Stock transposes.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: And Stocke wasn't targetted
[OOC] Ernst: Stocke will still transpose and the 50 misses
Aleith|DM: Okay.
Aleith|DM: Constrruct Squad A moves into the melee. OA from Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM: It then attacks with its Grindsaw Arms!
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+29(1) and got 6 ( Total: 35.0 ) for Chandrar, Garrett, Zane
Also rolled 3#d20+29(2) and got 2 [Total: 31.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+29(3) and got 8 [Total: 37.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 103.0, Avg: 5.33
Aleith|DM: Missing horribly.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+46 and got 10 ( Total: 56 ) for Teak’s afk so here's a roll
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Gerald‘ rolled 2d8r1+21 and got 7, 5 ( Total: 33.0 ) for Radiant, and it’s Vuln 8 Radiant EoNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33!
Aleith|DM: wait no 17
Aleith|DM: Pardo runs up to Phyllis, snarling, "steel endures. My lord shall endure my betrayal, even if you and I must die." [Slay Living]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 14 ( Total: 47 ) for vs Fort
Aleith|DM: 20 necrotic damage, and Phyllis is both stuned and takes ongoing 15 necrotic damage [Save Ends Both].
Aleith|DM: He then falls upon Phyllis, snapping his yellow canins at her throat. [AP -> Devour Anima]
[OOC] Phyllis: Hm. Does Chandra give me fort due to them being at max HP? Also remember that I've got Trick of Knowledge behind me.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+35 and got 19 ( Total: 54 ) for vs Will
[OOC] Gerald: +2… I think…?
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: +2 yeah
[OOC] Phyllis: so Slay Living misses, at least
Aleith|DM: both of those miss due to both of those
[OOC] Ernst: ? Your Pog says 45 fort.
[OOC] Ernst: Wouldn't 47 hit?
[OOC] Phyllis: Read Trick of Knowledge.
Aleith|DM: +2 from Chandra and +2 from Trick make it 49…
[OOC] Ernst: !!!
[OOC] Phyllis: It's good to be Phyllis.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 52:Garrett | 48:Ernst | 40:Chandrasekhar | 40:Phyllis | 36:Gerald | 35:Elite Occultist A | 34:Zane | 33:Elite Occultist B | 30:Kaja Stewart | 29:ConstructSquad B | 28:ConstructSquad D | 26:ConstructSquad C | 21:ConstructSquad A | 18:Pardo |
Aleith|DM: Round 2!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Aleith|DM: I forgot to delay Garrett
[OOC] Garrett: yeah np
Ernst scowls at Pardo. "Yeah, no. You're going in a timeout." He then fires a [Prismatic Strike] at him.
Phyllis slips and evades Pardo, not striking back just yet, but waiting for a good opportunity to sever the link -
Ernst rolled 2#d20+46(1) and got 18 ( Total: 64.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+46(2) and got 14 [Total: 60.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 124.0, Avg: 16.00
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Ernst changes that to a reposition and firing at Kaja.
Ernst rolled 4d8+21 and got 6, 1, 6, 7 ( Total: 41.0 ) for Thunder, Force, Fire. Prone, -3 to all attacks, cannot stand up
Also rolled 4d8+21 and got 7, 2, 7, 1 [Total: 38.0 (Low), Avg: 4.25]
Also rolled 4d8+21 and got 8, 7, 6, 1 [Total: 43.0 (High), Avg: 5.50]
Total: 122.0, Avg: 4.92
[OOC] Ernst: +21 since I am bad and don't remember my own buffs
Ernst rolled 3d8 and got 8, 5, 8 ( Total: 21 ) for brutal
Aleith|DM: …and anotherr +18?
[OOC] Ernst: Yes
Ernst then snaps his fingers as his astral seed opens up. Solid stone appears on all sides of Kaja leaving her prone and no where to go but Zane. [Shape Reality - Minor]
Aleith|DM: …she does not follow up your turn with Suppressive Fire.
Aleith|DM: Including left and right of Zane?
[OOC] Ernst: Up to Zane
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
[OOC] Zane: yep, he put 'em on the map)
[OOC] Aleith|DM: that was me
Stocke then fires a Magic Weapon at B. [Ring minor]
[OOC] Zane: Oh. Well either way I am good with her being boxed in
Ernst rolled 2#d20+48(1) and got 8 ( Total: 56.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+48(2) and got 9 [Total: 57.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 113.0, Avg: 8.50
Ernst rolled 5d8+25 and got 8, 3, 5, 7, 8 ( Total: 56.0 ) for -1 AC, Garrett gets +5 to hit, +7 dmg, brutal 1
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
Aleith|DM: Squad B?
[OOC] Ernst: Yes
Aleith|DM: …Squad A does not OA. [28!]
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ shifts a step back and then nods- the ground underneath Squad A and B rumbles, and pillars of earth strike the squads! [The City Comes Alive]
Garrett` rolled 2#1d20+38(1) and got 15 ( Total: 53 ) for vs Ref, you can take two OAs against me
Also rolled 2#1d20+38(2) and got 3 [Total: 41]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 94
Aleith|DM rolled d20+35 and got 3 ( Total: 38 ) for I’ll take 1
[OOC] Garrett: +5 to hit so that 2nd one hits as well
Aleith|DM: …okay.
[OOC] Garrett: I forgot b/c I'm not used to getting MW haha
Aleith|DM: The OA misses
Garrett‘ rolled 2d6r1+43: (1, 1, 1, 4), 2 [Total: 49.0 (Low), Avg and got 3.00
Garrett` rolled 5d8r1: 5, 3, (1, 8), (1, 5), 8 [Total: 29 (High), Avg and got 5.80
Aleith|DM: did you include +15
[OOC] Garrett: I got +7 from MW…
Aleith|DM: vuln 15
[OOC] Garrett: OH weakness? no I didn’t
Aleith|DM: Oh well I guess it doesn't matter anyway. [KO!] [KO!]
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for before I forget, [Keeper's Prescience] preroll.
[EoT]
Aleith|DM: Kaja fires on Garrett, even from the ground. [Suppressive Fire]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+30 and got 12 ( Total: 42 )
Aleith|DM: MIssing.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis steps away from Pardo, rushing for distance out of the aura. This needs to be at full strength -
I am bad and forgot to free action the THP since I changed my action last minute and erased that. Gerald and Phyllis got [+71 THP]
[OOC] Phyllis: Move action. OA and whatnot.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: OK
Aleith|DM: He bats at Phyllis with his jagged nails! [Talon Frenzy OA]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 13 ( Total: 48.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 12 [Total: 47.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 95.0, Avg: 12.50
Aleith|DM rolled 2#3d6+10(1) and got 5, 6, 6 ( Total: 27.0 )
Also rolled 2#3d6+10(2) and got 1, 4, 2 [Total: 17.0 (Low), Avg: 2.33]
Total: 44.0, Avg: 4.00
Aleith|DM: You're knocked prone as both attacks hit for a total of 44 damage!
Phyllis rolled d20+5 and got 4 ( Total: 9.0 ) for no i don't, i'm a dwarf
[OOC] Phyllis: USING THAT 9 INSTEAD
Aleith|DM: …fair.
[OOC] Zane: Somewhere Sideiron weeps
[OOC] Phyllis: from keeper's prescience. and the +5 is from Trick of Knowledge.
Aleith|DM: Yes
Phyllis returns fire with [Mage Hand] and [Illusory Ambush]!
Phyllis rolled d20+37 and got 6 ( Total: 43.0 ) for vs Will, CA, Trick of Knowledge.
Phyllis: Unfortunately, she is out of options for the next few seconds.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Phyllis: "Chandra! Invoke the light, if you can!"
Chandra turns to Pardo, and raises his sword to the sky- with a cut, the [Vision of the Fall] invokes upon Pardo!
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+32 and got 2 ( Total: 34 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Miss.
Aleith|DM: Kaja’s Gestalt Strike lashes out at Zane.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+28 and got 1 ( Total: 29 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Nope.
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Zane responds by brutally stomping on her throat. [OA]
Zane rolled 1d20+36 and got 10 ( Total: 46.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Gerald‘ moves closer to the center of the battlefield, marking Ob B as his [Quarry], before firing off a [Twin Strike] into Ob A then Ob B.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+36(1) and got 2 ( Total: 38 )
Also rolled 2#d20+36(2) and got 17 [Total: 53]
Also rolled 2#d20+37(1) and got 13 [Total: 50]
Also rolled 2#d20+37(2) and got 17 [Total: 54]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 195
Zane rolled 2d8+41 and got 6, 3 ( Total: 50.0 ) for guess who can Brute Stance dice on an OA
Also rolled 3d8 and got 8, 2, 5 [Total: 15 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Aleith|DM: 1 hit! 2 stances!
Also rolled 11d6 and got 4, 6, 4, 4, 4, 2, 1, 4, 3, 1, 3 [Total: 36 (Low), Avg: 3.27]
Total: 101.0, Avg: 3.75
Aleith|DM: errr 2 hits
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 101!
Gerald` rolled 7d8+32 and got 4, 4, 5, 5, 3, 7, 8 ( Total: 68 ) for Full Damage. Ob A’s dead as hell it only has 3 HP no point rolling
Also rolled 1d10 and got 2 [Total: 2]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 70
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [KO!
Gerald: "Alright that's two more annoyances down."
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane flourishes and the Arsenal turns into a rapier. He plunges it down into Kajas heart without a word. [MBA]
Zane rolled 1d20+38 and got 13 ( Total: 51.0 )
Zane rolled 2d8+41 and got 7, 4 ( Total: 52.0 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 2, 1, 5 [Total: 8 (Low), Avg: 2.67]
Total: 60.0, Avg: 3.80
Zane [Death Attack]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: She still stabilizes though. Barely.
Aleith|DM: Construct Squad D fires a Turret Fusillade at Chandrasekhar and Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 7 ( Total: 42.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 13 [Total: 48.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 90.0, Avg: 10.00
Aleith|DM: Hitting Zane for 40!
Zane spins and slices the bullet out of the air!
Aleith|DM: It's Area Burst 1…
[OOC] Zane: "Trigger: A creature hits you or an adjacent creature with a ranged weapon."
Aleith|DM: and it was area weapon
[OOC] Zane: its a ranged attack!
Aleith|DM: No it wasn't!
[OOC] Zane: What
Aleith|DM: Area Burst 1
Aleith|DM: is not Ranged
[OOC] Zane: No I mean 'he is using a ranged weapon' the ability doesnt specify ranged single target just 'a ranged weapon'
Aleith|DM: It means a Ranged Attack with the Weapon Keyword
Aleith|DM: Like Kaja's guns
[OOC] Zane: I think you are denying me my encounter power and I dont like it!
Aleith|DM: Pardo's Gestalt Strike lashes out at Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 8 ( Total: 41 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Which misses due to Chandrasekhar's champion-ess…
Aleith|DM: Construct Squad C tosses Concussive Grenades!
Aleith|DM rolled 5#d20+35(1) and got 13 ( Total: 48.0 )
Also rolled 5#d20+35(2) and got 5 [Total: 40.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+35(3) and got 8 [Total: 43.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+35(4) and got 10 [Total: 45.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+35(5) and got 6 [Total: 41.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 217.0, Avg: 8.40
Aleith|DM: Hitting Chandra and Phyllis for 25 damage!
[OOC] Phyllis: 45 < 46, Trick of Knowledge + Chandra's defenses
Aleith|DM: VS AC
Aleith|DM: you need to Shield
Aleith|DM: Champion's Countenance does not boost AC
[OOC] Phyllis: yes. I have 46.
[OOC] Phyllis: oh
[OOC] Phyllis: ….. i'm good, i'll just eat the thp
Aleith|DM: Pardo runs up to you, snapping his yellow canines at Phyllis' throat! [Devour Anima]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 13 ( Total: 46 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Missing again.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 48:Ernst | 48:Garrett | 40:Chandrasekhar | 40:Phyllis | 36:Gerald | 34:Zane | 28:ConstructSquad D | 26:ConstructSquad C | 18:Pardo |
Aleith|DM: Round 3! Ernst!
Gerald: "…Do you want me to do something about that, Phyllis?"
Phyllis: "Psychic or divine attacks only."
Gerald: "Hm, okay. Have fun then."
Stocke flies forward a bit before firing a [Siphon Fate] into Pardo and Squad C.
Ernst rolled 4#d20+40(1) and got 11 ( Total: 51.0 )
Also rolled 4#d20+40(2) and got 20 [Total: 60.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+40(3) and got 16 [Total: 56.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+40(4) and got 1 [Total: 41.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 208.0, Avg: 12.00
Refresh GMW
Aleith|DM: Hit, crit! 1 hit!
[OOC] Ernst: 57 Psychic damage to Perdo.
Ernst rolled 4d8+18 and got 6, 6, 3, 1 ( Total: 34.0 ) for Other guy
Ernst: Phyllis gets +6 to hit and +3 to all defenses. The hit enemies get -2 to all attack rolls and defenses.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 47!] 17!
Stocke then shimmers. [Slick Concoctation - Phyllis, Gerald, Chandra, Zane and Garrett all can slide 5 and get +4 reflex ueont]
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
Aleith|DM: …oh right, Pardo was supposed to take 50 damage (not affected by Metal Shell) at the end of last round as well.
Aleith|DM: Claw marks appear at his throat.
[OOC] Zane: sink the choke in deeper Gradiax, you fucking slacker!!
Phyllis: " - garRET how fast can you relay a message to Pemberton?"
Aleith|DM: The ghost councilors possessing Pardo shriek before fading out, and Pardo slumps. [Hivemind Presence ends]
Garrett: "Unless I can somehow make Pardo's soul here give signlanguage instructions to his body…?"
Garrett: "Well, no, let me try-"
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
[OOC] Garrett: can I do the diplomacy check that would have been done on Lauryn now that he's not ghosted
[OOC] Garrett: but, y'know, on pardo
Aleith|DM: Sure. Minor action.
Garrett: "Pardo! Shake the cobwebs from your mind! Realize the Obscurati are still within! Expel them, or, well…" [Diplomacy]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+28 and got 4 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: He just snarls in response. "No! The world will die without their help…!"
Gerald: "Don’t your people generally believe it's better to die free than live a slave?"
Garrett‘ clicks his tongue in annoyance as he turns to fight Squad D! [Move->Minor] [Low Slash]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+38 and got 4 ( Total: 42 ) for vs Ref
Garrett` rolled 1d4+36 and got 1 ( Total: 37 ) for half that because it’s melee/ranged
Also rolled 5d8 and got 7, 8, 6, 8, 4 [Total: 33] -_
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 70
Garrett‘ slyly strikes! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+38 and got 1 ( Total: 39 ) for vs AC
Garrett` misses!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 35!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis: "I know it seems that way, but that’s the fear he preys on. We can save this world without yielding our liberties to him."
[OOC] Phyllis: Suggestion] [Diplomacy
Phyllis rolled d20+43 and got 5 ( Total: 48.0 )
Aleith|DM: Pardo shakes his head blearily, before looking about him in a panic. "Oh no! What have I done?!"
Garrett: "It's not too late. Wake up."
Phyllis: "It wasn't you, you were controlled! As were they!"
Phyllis: "And I hope to high hell that Pemberton can hear me through there - "
Garrett: "Or rather, get back to your body."
Aleith|DM: He chokes a bit as he struggles to get out, "Master! Massster! Stop! They can't control me any more-"
Aleith|DM: The duplicant connection cuts out.
Aleith|DM: The duplicant reverts to its inert metal state.
Phyllis nods, then hits the construct squad with her own swarm of illusory puckish sprites. [Winged Horde]
Phyllis rolled d20+35 and got 16 ( Total: 51.0 ) for vs will
Garrett: "Now!"
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett: "How the fuck do we do that with everyone at the same time."
Phyllis rolled 2d6+39 and got 5, 2 ( Total: 46.0 ) for accounting for the +15 from area
Phyllis: Can't OA for a turn!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 46! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar: "Divert the stream at the source."
Zane points his bloody sword at the inert gnoll construct. "The gnoll has exhausted my patience for the last time. He had better pray that Gradiax spares his life and hides him from me."
Garrett: "Kill the entire ghost council?! Chandra, I like your thinking."
Chandrasekhar rushes in, engages squad D. "They have forfeited their place in the waking world." [Charge, challenge]
Gerald: "I know how to kill normal ghost just fine."
Gerald: "So I like this plan."
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+36 and got 11 ( Total: 47 ) for am I still swole?
[OOC] Phyllis: not by GMW, just naturally
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+15 and got 7, 1 ( Total: 23 ) for half of this, probably, inflicts vuln 8 radiant, radiant, I get +2 to all defenses USONT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 11!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ [Quarry]s Squad C, then fires a [Pounding Barrage] into it.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+37(1) and got 4 ( Total: 41 )
Also rolled 2#d20+37(2) and got 6 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 84
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+37(1) and got 18 ( Total: 55 )
Also rolled 2#d20+37(2) and got 5 [Total: 42]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 97
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+37(1) and got 13 ( Total: 50 )
Also rolled 2#d20+37(2) and got 2 [Total: 39]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 89
Aleith|DM: 2 misses! 1 hit! 1 hit!
Gerald` rolled 2#d8+41(1) and got 3 ( Total: 44 )
Also rolled 2#d8+41(2) and got 3 [Total: 44]
Also rolled 3d8 and got 8, 1, 3 [Total: 12]
d6: 5 [Total: 5]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 105
Aleith|DM: It does in fact take both hits to kill it. [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane shifts the Arsenal into a bow and sends a flurry of arrows at the remaining construct.
Zane rolled 1d20+36 and got 12 ( Total: 48.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Aleith|DM: There’s a howl in the distance.
Zane rolled 5d8+35,50% and got 6, 3, 5, 6, 8 ( Total: 31.5 )
Zane [Death Attack]
Gerald: "And…"
Gerald: "I believe that's All Clear."
Aleith|DM: A bitter laugh comes from the near-corpse beside Zane. A shadowy figure appears above the body.
Gerald: "Oh nope."
Nicodemus: "It's not worth throwing more resources against you in open battle. You're a terror to behold, true, but you will fail because you lack leverage. I do not. If you can set your pride aside for one day, I will have this fixed and we can stop this worthless violence."
Nicodemus: "But continue to move against me and I promise you, every city on this world will burn. In a thousand years, no one will remember their names even if millions die. They will only know that I secured a perfect world. My conscience can abide a scorched earth. Can yours?"
Aleith|DM: As he speaks, a darkness seeps into his features, until finally he is nothing but a shadow and an echoing voice, and then he's gone.
Garrett‘ puts his hands on his hips. "I really don’t get what he's on about anymore."
Ernst: "I told you he'd pull the 'I'm going to fuck everyone if I can't have the ball' argument."
Gerald: "You've had like three chances and an entire year besides, get over yourself. You are never going to be the solution, Miller. You're just a sad footnote about some bad shit that happened in history because you NEVER, EVER could fix anything."
Zane smiles. Its not a pleasant smile. "He says that like the Gyre isn't going to eat this world anyway." He looks at the railroad tracks, gets his bearings, and starts jogging. He's got an appointment in Risur, and someone is going to wind up late.
Phyllis: "He's gone. Save your breath. But it's worth thinking about our stance against it anyway."
Gerald: "Zane hold up, we still got an airship with Pemberton. No point in running the entire way."
Zane: "Oh, I thought it was broken. Even better."
Ernst scratches his head. "Even if it has taken damage, I'm sure him and I could get it up and running faster than running."
Gerald: "He may be a dumbass but he's still a half decent engineer."
Ernst: "I totally want to start making airships for commercial use after all this is done by the way. Assuming we can still fly."
Ernst: "Huge business opportunity."
Garrett: "We'd need to alter the planes from their normal configuration to do that, right?"
Phyllis: "We 'lack leverage.' Wonder what he means by that."
Zane: "We cant threaten to burn the world if he doesn't stop."
Garrett: "He's just referring to the Ob holding the world hostage, basically."
Ernst: "Well, right now they aren't in their normal configuration anyways."
Phyllis: "We wouldn't be able to use Avilona, no. But right now we have Baden in its place."
Garrett‘ gives a wave. "There you have it."
Ernst: "Not that any of that matters if we can’t stop Nico."
Ernst: "One step at a time, I suppose."
Phyllis: "So someone with more medical knowledge may be able to answer, if we were gone for a year, wouldn't we have needed to … eat? Or drink? To stay alive in the interim."
Phyllis: "Yet I - " She checks, but she feels right as rain, right?
Garrett: "Wild guess, but I think we were either in a suspended state- like one would be in the Absurdist Web- or, uh."
Garrett: "Time travel?"
Ernst: "I'd need time for a proper examination, but it almost feels like we were in stasis? I certainly don't remember anything."
Ernst nods at Garrett.
Ernst: "I'm more concerned as to WHY we were, though."
Garrett: "I guess it doesn't explain how the ship is, despite being tilted, in… reasonably good shape I'd say, for surviving a grinding and a crash."
Garrett: "Something we can ask Pemberton, I suppose."
Gerald: "mmhm."
Garrett: "At this point I only wonder how many surviving, non-hiveminded allies we have."
Ernst: "Did he ever answer where Aodhan was?"
Ernst: "I think he ignored that question."
Garrett: "If he did, I didn't hear 'em."
Phyllis: "I think he slipped a vulnerability in there."
Phyllis: "Refresh my memory, Ernst. What of Kasvarina?"
Gerald: "'In good hands' ie, nothing good."
Ernst: "Nicodemus said that she is alive and well. Given that she was captured last we heard that tells me she's under his control again."
Phyllis: "And yet, I think that may be the loose thread for us to pull on."
Phyllis: "Like we saw with Pardo today, let us hope the seeds we planted in the past come to sprout now."
Ernst nods. "If anyone in this world can get through to the guy at all, it's her."
Gerald: "Uh…"
Ernst: "Have you come up with a way to actually deal with Nico, though?"
Gerald: "Yeah, no, I think… know everything we know… about the things he's done… and continues to do…"
Gerald: "There's no Miller left, Kasv's probably won't be able to say anything he'd still care ab out."
Gerald: "Oh."
Gerald: "Actually I just had a thought."
Gerald: "Shove him in Zane's dead sack, throw that into the gyre."
Phyllis looks over the wreckage of the construct army. "… If he plans to perform the Axis Seal Ritual again, I suppose that means he's …"
Ernst: "A fool-heardy move if you ask me. Rot could easily be poised to sabotage this one as well. For all we know he could destroy our world this time."
[OOC] Ernst: *hearty
Ernst: "Trying to perform the ritual at all when that threat exists is incredibly stupid."
Chandrasekhar: "One must assume, even if it is not strictly accurate, that he is guided in his endeavours by the Voice of Rot."
Chandrasekhar: "Entropy is a force, like water, that carves the living to its ends and end."
Phyllis: "I wonder if he's constructed another Borne, is what I mean, at least. That's how they operated the seal the first time."
Ernst chews at his lip. "It's possible. I do wish I asked him how he intends to not have Rot sabotage his ritual this time though. He fucked up royally the first time and got blindsided and I'm not sure our world can take another."
Chandrasekhar: "My point precisely. It cannot. While the Voice of Rot has a presence in the world…"
Ernst sighs. "I suppose I could always just go live in my astral seed."
Gerald: "He."
Gerald: "He still thinks WE did that, and not Rot."
Gerald: "After having a year and a half to look into it."
Gerald: "It's mind boggling and kind of funny how fucking bad Nico is at this whole thing."
Chandrasekhar: "Because he has not been observing. Because he is Rot's catspaw, whether he knows it or not."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License