Zg Session 127

Aleith|DM: After interrogating some of the Pirates of Hunlow, you decided to crash their ritual/celebration tonight before they started sacrificing hundreds of slaves to their bloodthirsty god of pirates.
Ernst: "Quite the warm welcome."
Aleith|DM: Once Phyllis finished determining the traits of the plane were tied into the god on this plane, you clashed with the rest of the pirates' navy.
Garrett: "Good shot, Constable Bieito."
Aleith|DM: They outnumbered you 10-to-1, but the Coaltongue's engineering, improved cannons, and strong ironclad defences helped you whittle down their numbers to 3 - the flagship, Adversary's Favor, and two galleons.
Zane: "I kinda like this thing. I suspect its going to stop working when we kill Rot, and that's going to make me a little sad."
Aleith|DM: Especially after Zane shot a couple of them with the Cyclopean Revelation, instantly causing them to start sinking with large holes through them, and Phyllis used the Coaltongue's Brand to turn another ship into an giant torch.
Gerald: "Rot being dead will make you happy, though, so it balances out."
Aleith|DM: But the three remaining ships close quickly, and it's time for boarding action!
[OOC] Gerald: Word Of Warning; +5Init and We All Got CA
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 47:Garrett | 47:Gerald | 45:Ernst | 44:Captain Thrusty | 42:Phyllis | 40:Calily | 37:Crew ABCD | 36:Zane | 35:Admiral Taracle | 33:Priests CD | 32:Priests EFG | 31:Priests AB | 27:Chandrasekhar | 26:Crew IJKLM | 25:Crew EFGH |
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for Keeper's Prescience preroll
Aleith|DM: Garrett! Gerald!
Gerald‘ sweeps his eyes over the incoming crew, picking out a prime target. He nods slightly to Ernst after a moment. [Delay to 45]
Chandrasekhar: "I am enjoying it as well, Mr. Bieito." Chandrasekhar, silent as he’s been - mourning that which has been lost? in communion with those things that live on the flip side of established reality? - he hasn't lost his sense of understatement.
Garrett‘ nods to the opposing capital ship, and its deck rises up in mutiny against its sailors, captain, and admiral! [The City Comes Alive]
Garrett` rolled 4#1d20+33(1) and got 15 ( Total: 48 ) for vs Ref, hunlowG, CrewM, CAptain, Admiral
Also rolled 4#1d20+33(2) and got 7 [Total: 40]
Also rolled 4#1d20+33(3) and got 18 [Total: 51]
Also rolled 4#1d20+33(4) and got 16 [Total: 49]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 188
Aleith|DM: Hit, miss, hit, hit!
[OOC] Garrett: wait I"m an idiot. add +4 to hit to all of those.
Aleith|DM: All hits!
Garrett` rolled 2d6+36 and got 3, 6 ( Total: 45 ) for sneak damage to admiral, admiral is now vuln 5 cold
Also rolled 5d8 and got 3, 8, 7, 3, 4 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 70
All are Restrained (Save Ends)
Garrett: ACTUlly SCREW THAT I’m pushing the Crew M off the ship
Save or Drown
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
Aleith|DM: They fall into the sea! But they can swim, after all.
[OOC] Garrett: rest are restrained save ends.
[EoT]
Garrett: "Surrender now and we might give you the deaths you want."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [60!] [45!] [70!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Aleith|DM: oh Delayed
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst tosses down his first Simalcrum as it shapes into Stocke [Minor] and then a second which shapes into himself [Minor - Ring, Simalcrum Daily] Ernst quickly dumps a THP shield on Zane and Gerald. [+68 THP, +34 to Ernst] while his clone dumps a THP shield on Chandra and Phyllis. [+77 THP, +38 THP to Ernsts clone] Ernst then dumps a [Lightning Sigil Mv. - +11 lightning damage for encounter] on Gerald before finishing the salvo with
Ernst: finishing the salvo with a [Greater Magic Weapon] on the Unholy Boarding Crew.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+39(1) and got 7 ( Total: 46.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+39(2) and got 9 [Total: 48.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 94.0, Avg: 8.00
Ernst rolled 5d8+21 and got 7, 5, 4, 2, 2 ( Total: 41.0 ) for Gerald, Stock and Zane get +10 to hit, +6 dmg, Brutal 1
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 41!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald: "No takers? Alrighty then." Gerald rolls his head around his neck twice. [Master of the Hunt] [Oakskin] [Manitcore's Volley on Thursty To Start]
Gerald‘ rolled 3#d20(1) and got 16 ( Total: 16 ) for crit check
Also rolled 3#d20(2) and got 4 [Total: 4]
Also rolled 3#d20(3) and got 15 [Total: 15]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 35
Gerald` rolled 3#d20(1) and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for crit check
Also rolled 3#d20(2) and got 19 [Total: 19]
Also rolled 3#d20(3) and got 1 [Total: 1]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 32
Gerald` rolled 4d8+58 and got 5, 3, 1, 7 ( Total: 74 )
Also rolled 6d6+90 and got 2, 3, 1, 2, 2, 2 [Total: 102]
Also rolled 1d8+58 and got 3 [Total: 61]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 237
Gerald` loads in a fresh ammo clip, then pivots and unloads one hell of a barrage into the Admiral. [Five-Missile Dance]
Gerald` rolled 5#2d20(1) and got 6, 6 ( Total: 12 )
Also rolled 5#2d20(2) and got 8, 3 [Total: 11]
Also rolled 5#2d20(3) and got 5, 4 [Total: 9]
Also rolled 5#2d20(4) and got 17, 19 [Total: 36]
Also rolled 5#2d20(5) and got 14, 4 [Total: 18]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 86
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Gerald` rolled 4#5d8r2+68(1): 5, (2, 7), (2, 3), 8, (1, 2, 4) [Total: 95.0 (High), Avg and got 5.40
Also rolled 4#5d8r2+68(2) and got (1, 5), 7, 7, 4, 3 [Total: 94.0 (High), Avg: 5.20]
Also rolled 4#5d8r2+68(3) and got 3, 5, (1, 6), 8, 4 [Total: 94.0 (High), Avg: 5.20]
Also rolled 4#5d8r2+68(4) and got (1, 7), 7, 5, 3, 6 [Total: 96.0 (High), Avg: 5.60]
Also rolled 6d6r2+98 and got 5, 5, 3, 4, 3, 6 [Total: 124.0 (High), Avg: 4.33]
Total: 503.0, Avg: 5.12
[OOC] Gerald: Also Prone and Immobilized (SE)
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 503!
Gerald: "Got more where that came from."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Gerald: "Enough for all three ships."
Zane: "Shit, man. if I wasn’t so pretty I'd wonder why I was even still in this squad."
Chandrasekhar: "He's good at what he does."
Ernst: "In all fairness, I could be dumping all my buffs on you one day."
Garrett: "If we want someone turned into a fine red mist quietly…"
[OOC] Phyllis: how much move is it to go back on the roof
Aleith|DM: In what manner?
Aleith|DM: It'd take 4 squares to climb up to it as climbing is half speed generally
Aleith|DM: it's +20
Phyllis [Arcane Gates] up there. Screw that noise.
Phyllis: Minor, move, and for Standard, now that Gerald got the admiral out of the way, [Legion's Hold]! Everything should be within 20 squares of her.
Phyllis: Just. Give me a sec to figure out the dice.
Aleith|DM: Literally Everyone
Phyllis rolled 6#d20+34(1) and got 20 ( Total: 54.0 ) for +2 from CA, first six priests
Also rolled 6#d20+34(2) and got 6 [Total: 40.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(3) and got 8 [Total: 42.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(4) and got 3 [Total: 37.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(5) and got 7 [Total: 41.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(6) and got 10 [Total: 44.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 258.0, Avg: 9.00
Phyllis rolled 6#d20+34(1) and got 2 ( Total: 36.0 ) for second priest, 5 crew
Also rolled 6#d20+34(2) and got 12 [Total: 46.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(3) and got 9 [Total: 43.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(4) and got 8 [Total: 42.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(5) and got 18 [Total: 52.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(6) and got 5 [Total: 39.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 258.0, Avg: 9.00
Phyllis rolled 6#d20+34(1) and got 11 ( Total: 45.0 ) for 6 more crew
Also rolled 6#d20+34(2) and got 1 [Total: 35.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(3) and got 1 [Total: 35.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(4) and got 11 [Total: 45.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(5) and got 5 [Total: 39.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(6) and got 8 [Total: 42.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 241.0, Avg: 6.17
Phyllis rolled 3#d20+34(1) and got 8 ( Total: 42.0 ) for 2 more crew, Admiral
Also rolled 3#d20+34(2) and got 1 [Total: 35.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+34(3) and got 11 [Total: 45.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 122.0, Avg: 6.67
Phyllis rolled 2d10+29 and got 3, 2 ( Total: 34.0 ) for full damage and dazed+immobilized (SE both) on a hit, immobilized (SE) and half damage on a miss
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [Miss!] [KO!] [Miss!] [Miss!] [KO!] [Miss!
[OOC] Phyllis: it only crit on a minion afaik, don't think i care
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 49!] [49!] [49!] [49!] [24!] [49!] [24!] [24!] [49!] [24!] [49!] [49!] [24!] [34!
Phyllis restores a use of that power. [AP-.Arcane Mastery] [end of turn]
Garrett: "Good shot, Constable Cooper." Pause. "Good… shot? Constable Lenz."
Aleith|DM: Calily snaps out a large paper fan and flies across it to one of the other ships, quickly folding it away as she lands. [Stance of the Paper Wind]
[OOC] Phyllis: so crew ABCDFIKL are dazed+immobilized and the others are just immobilized?
Aleith|DM: Yes
Phyllis: Also -2 to those saves, let's not forget her feat. (( Also the admiral is dazed+immobilized. ))
Aleith|DM: She then snaps out her staff upward, sweeping into one of the boarding crew, a crack like thunder sounding out as it swings, sending the other crew beside her reeling. [Empty Body Flurry][Staff Guides the Wind]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+35 and got 4 ( Total: 39 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 10!
Zane: "You know… if we drag them into our cosmic seal… I may vacation at that monastery a few weeks a year."
Chandrasekhar: "I imagine you'd have much to learn from one another."
Aleith|DM: Unholy Boarding Crew H calls upon the favour of their god as upsurging waves hurl them through the air behind Calily, before they swing their cutlasses at the monk! [Smiting Cutlasses]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+34 and got 8 ( Total: 42 )
Zane: "That is my general line of thought."
Aleith|DM: Crew K rip cracked skulls from bags on their hips and throw them. They begin to glow and converge on you, screaming and exploding on impact. You feel the agony of their tortured demises, and your body thrashes in shared suffering. [Skulls of the Tortured]
Aleith|DM rolled 6#d20+32(1) and got 19 ( Total: 51.0 ) for vs Ref, Chandra, Ernst, Gerald, Phyllis, Zane, Stocke
Also rolled 6#d20+32(2) and got 1 [Total: 33.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+32(3) and got 20 [Total: 52.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+32(4) and got 1 [Total: 33.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+32(5) and got 6 [Total: 38.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+32(6) and got 9 [Total: 41.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 248.0, Avg: 9.33
Gerald‘ disruptive shot
Gerald` rolled 2d20 and got 13, 17 ( Total: 30 )
Gerald` rolled 4d8+58 and got 3, 5, 2, 1 ( Total: 69 ) for -11 to hit
Aleith|DM: Hits!
[OOC] Gerald: oh wait brutal
Gerald` rolled 2d8r2+66 and got 5, 3 ( Total: 74.0 )
Aleith|DM: Which roll are you reducing?
[OOC] Gerald: doesn’t matter brutal killed it :D
Aleith|DM: …it did
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Crew A falls upon Garrett with a crashing wave provided by Hunlow! [Smiting Cutlasses]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+34 and got 10 ( Total: 44 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20-2(1) and got 8 ( Total: 6.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20-2(2) and got 11 [Total: 9.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 15.0, Avg: 9.50
Zane is never one to miss a cheap shot and leaps down from the pilot house to the deck, and then over the rail to rush the fallen Captain Tarackle as the Arsenal extends into trident. [Apply Carrion Crawler brain Juice, Stance of the Paper Wind, MBA]
Zane rolled 1d20+37 and got 1 ( Total: 38.0 )
[OOC] Zane: REROLL
Zane rolled 1d20+37 and got 9 ( Total: 46.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis, you get a free reroll because you bloodied the crew in the water!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: for use anytime in the next day
Phyllis adds it to the pile.
Zane rolled 6d8r1+47 and got 4, 6, 8, 5, 5, 6 ( Total: 81.0 ) for [2d8 base trident, 3d8 Attack Finesse, 1d8 Furious assault, 5d6 combat dice for damage]
Also rolled 5d6r1 and got (1, 1, 4), 5, 6, 3, 5 [Total: 23 (High), Avg: 4.60]
Total: 104.0, Avg: 5.18
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Crew D tosses Skulls of the Tortured onto your bridge!
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+30(1) and got 16 ( Total: 46.0 ) for vs Ref, -2 for cover, Chandrasekhar, Ernst, Gerald, Phyllis
Also rolled 4#d20+30(2) and got 4 [Total: 34.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+30(3) and got 7 [Total: 37.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+30(4) and got 6 [Total: 36.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 153.0, Avg: 8.25
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar takes 30 necrotic damage, and is weakened (SE)! Ernst, Gerald, and Phyllis take 15 necrotic damage!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 5 ( Total: 3 )
Aleith|DM: Crew B struggles!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 1 ( Total: -1 )
Chandrasekhar: "Tch…"
Aleith|DM: Priest of Hunlow E holds up his holy symbol—a severed hand with a hook driven through the palm—and rebukes Garrett! [Banishment]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+35 and got 14 ( Total: 49 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Divine energy tries to hurl you across the multiverse, but you hear a deafening grind as the air around you manifests the destructive power of the Gyre.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+40 and got 17 ( Total: 57 ) for vs Ref
Ernst snaps his fingers, Garrett and Stocke swapping positions. [Surprising Transposition - This attack hits Stocke instead]
Aleith|DM: Stocke takes 20 damage and is restrained (Escape DC 40)!
Garrett‘ blinks.
Ernst: "Figured I’d let the mascot take one for the team."
Garrett: "Oh!"
Garrett: "Okay, yeah, sure, I'll move."
Chandrasekhar: "That is not the proper use of that symbolism. Perhaps a lesson in applied theology is in order."
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 15 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 8 ( Total: 6 ) for Crew I
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 12 ( Total: 10 ) for Crew M
Aleith|DM: Crew M continues treading water
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 6 ( Total: 4 ) for Crew C
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 5 ( Total: 3 ) for Crew L
Aleith|DM: Several dozen pirates, held in place by Phyllis' will, roar "Yar!" in unison. Priest D grasps their voices, ties them together into a hook, and throws it towards your ships' bridge to crash over you. [Crew Artillery]
Gerald: "Huh?"
Garrett: "That's new."
Ernst: "Do… pirates normally do that?"
Aleith|DM rolled 6#d20+35(1) and got 9 ( Total: 44.0 ) for vs Ref, Chandra, Ernst, Ernst #2, Garrett, Gerald, Phyllis
Also rolled 6#d20+35(2) and got 16 [Total: 51.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(3) and got 4 [Total: 39.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(4) and got 1 [Total: 36.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(5) and got 19 [Total: 54.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+35(6) and got 10 [Total: 45.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 269.0, Avg: 9.83
Aleith|DM rolled 5d6+20 and got 4, 6, 6, 3, 2 ( Total: 41.0 )
[OOC] Phyllis: Shield
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar, Ernst, and Gerald take 41 thunder damage each!
Gerald: "Alright then."
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 1 ( Total: -1 ) for Crew J
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 16 ( Total: 14 ) for Crew E
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 13 ( Total: 11 ) for Priest D
Aleith|DM: Crew E attacks Calily with their scimitars!
Aleith|DM: …and missed due to the roll earlier.
Aleith|DM: Priest B calls down Banishment on Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+35 and got 11 ( Total: 46 ) for vs Will
Gerald: "Nnnnno."
Aleith|DM: But Gerald manages to resist the pull!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 19 ( Total: 17 ) for Priest B
Ernst: "I'm honestly surprised that works at all on Stocke given it's a machine."
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar: "Here, then. Meditate on the nature of a Goddess and her people. Meditate on the meaning of sacrifice: that which is set aside for a higher purpose. Reflect, if you will, on this lesson." [Vision of the Fall, Virtue]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+32 and got 3 ( Total: 35 ) for vs will on, uh, I think D is close enough?
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: hfruehgfeurhgue
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: do I have +6 to-hit somehow
Aleith|DM: They are. But they jeer as they resist the attempt!
Aleith|DM: Crew G throws some Skulls of the Tortured at Calily!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20 and got 16 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+32 and got 15 ( Total: 47 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Calily takes 30 necrotic damage and is Weakened (SE)!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 6 ( Total: 4 ) for Crew G
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 4 ( Total: 2 ) for Crew F
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 47:Garrett | 47:Gerald | 45:Ernst | 42:Phyllis | 40:Calily | 37:Crew ABCD | 36:Zane | 32:Priests E | 27:Chandrasekhar | 27:Priests D | 26:Crew IJKLM | 25:Priests B | 25:Crew EFGH |
Aleith|DM: Round 2! Garrett!
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for preroll that isn't from hunlow's charity stores
Garrett‘ kicks off the deck into a hover, and charges at Priest E! [Charge]
Phyllis: WELL THEN
Garrett` rolled 1d20+38 and got 3 ( Total: 41 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Miss!
[Sly Fortune’s Favor]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+38 and got 8 ( Total: 46 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst gestures to Gerald. "After you."
Ernst and his clone fly to different locations. Stocke tries to escape.
Ernst rolled d20 and got 16 ( Total: 16 )
Ernst sets a THP shield on himself and Garrett [+68 THP]. Ernsts clone does the same for him and the NPC. [+68 THP]
[OOC] Ernst: Stocke sets it actually on the first so he gets half
Ernsts clone then [AP]’s and fires a Prismatic Strike at Boarding Crew E.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+38(1) and got 6 ( Total: 44.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+38(2) and got 16 [Total: 54.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 98.0, Avg: 11.00
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Ernst rolled 4d8+18 and got 8, 1, 1, 4 ( Total: 32.0 ) for Prone, Push 6, -3 to attacks
Also rolled 4d8+18 and got 3, 1, 2, 1 [Total: 25.0 (Low), Avg: 1.75]
Also rolled 4d8+18 and got 4, 8, 8, 1 [Total: 39.0 (High), Avg: 5.25]
Total: 96.0, Avg: 3.50
Aleith|DM rolled d20+34 and got 7 ( Total: 41 ) for OA
[OOC] Ernst: I don't provoke OA's because of my feat
Aleith|DM: ….oh right
[OOC] Ernst: Anyways roll to avoid falling off
Aleith|DM: It's been a while since you've been close enough for it to matter.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 11 ( Total: 11 )
Aleith|DM: They fall prone!
Ernst rolled d6 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for bonus ap damage I forgot
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Ernsts clone then fires a second Prismatic Strike at H.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+38(1) and got 12 ( Total: 50.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+38(2) and got 18 [Total: 56.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 106.0, Avg: 15.00
Ernst rolled 4d8+18 and got 2, 5, 2, 7 ( Total: 34.0 ) for Prone, Push 6, -3 to attacks
Also rolled 4d8+18 and got 1, 3, 5, 4 [Total: 31.0 (Low), Avg: 3.25]
Also rolled 4d8+18 and got 8, 8, 2, 3 [Total: 39.0 (High), Avg: 5.25]
Total: 104.0, Avg: 4.17
Aleith|DM: ….with what action?
[OOC] Ernst: I AP'd?
Aleith|DM: wasn't that the 1st Prismatic?
[OOC] Ernst: [18:54:47] <Ernst> * Ernsts clone then [AP]'s and fires a Prismatic Strike at Boarding Crew E.
[OOC] Ernst: No that was the first standard
[OOC] Ernst: I still have another standard and a minor left
Aleith|DM: What action did you spend to move your clone?
[OOC] Ernst: Does it not move with stocke and ernst? If not I'll just not move main ernst
Aleith|DM: Okay.
[OOC] Ernst: I was under the impression summoned creatures moved with you on move actions
Aleith|DM: Stocke only moves when you do because of your level 5 Technologist ability.
Ernst rolled d6 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for bonus AP damage
[OOC] Ernst: Roll to avoid falling.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 3 ( Total: 3 )
Aleith|DM: They slip off the ship
Ernsts clone then fires a [Magic Weapon - Minor] at E.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+36(1) and got 4 ( Total: 40.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+36(2) and got 7 [Total: 43.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 83.0, Avg: 5.50
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
[OOC] Ernst: Heroic
Aleith|DM: 2 hits!
Ernst rolled 5d8+21 and got 6, 8, 1, 4, 1 ( Total: 41.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
[OOC] Ernst: +5 to hit, +6 dmg, brutal 1 to the NPC
[OOC] Ernst: Eot
Gerald‘ moves on over to the north-east, before unloading into Crew D. [Quarry] [Manticore’s Volley]
Gerald‘ rolled 3#2d20(1) and got 7, 4 ( Total: 11 )
Also rolled 3#2d20(2) and got 4, 4 [Total: 8]
Also rolled 3#2d20(3) and got 19, 2 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 40
[OOC] Gerald: that’s gunna be well over 113
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: What's your attack bonus there…?
[OOC] Gerald: 45
Aleith|DM: You don't have GMW anymore
[OOC] Gerald: I was pretty sure PCs could act in w/e order they wanted when on the same init?
Aleith|DM: No it goes by init modifier
[OOC] Ernst: Highest init mod acts first.
Aleith|DM: This is D&D, not SEED
Aleith|DM: It's not that convenient
[OOC] Gerald: we've done that numerous times in the past at least lol
Aleith|DM: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aleith|DM: You can blame me using the init tracker on the table which sorts by init mods
[OOC] Gerald: i guess it's only 35 then and only crit once…?
[OOC] Gerald: oh wait dazed, hit and a crit, yeah still dead without rolls
Aleith|DM: And you need a 6 or higher to hit, so that'd be 1 hit, 2 misses, and 1 crit
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
[OOC] Phyllis: Legion's Hold] again! how many targets are alive
Aleith|DM: …..
Aleith|DM: 3 priests and 11 crew
Phyllis: Actually, first, now that she's in position, she can resort to her [Trick of Knowledge] -
Phyllis rolled d20+42 and got 1 ( Total: 43.0 ) for arcana
[OOC] Phyllis: +2 to all arcane attack powers UEoEncounter
Phyllis rolled d20+34 and got 20 ( Total: 54.0 ) for +2 more to-hit against targets that are dazed and thus grant her CA
Phyllis rolled 6#d20+34(1) and got 11 ( Total: 45.0 ) for i should roll against the others i guess huh. next 2 priests and 4 crew
Also rolled 6#d20+34(2) and got 20 [Total: 54.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(3) and got 2 [Total: 36.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(4) and got 11 [Total: 45.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(5) and got 8 [Total: 42.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(6) and got 11 [Total: 45.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Total: 267.0, Avg: 10.50
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [KO!] [KO!
Phyllis: Replace the 2 with the earlier 20 preroll -
Phyllis rolled 6#d20+34(1) and got 7 ( Total: 41.0 ) for 6 crew
Also rolled 6#d20+34(2) and got 2 [Total: 36.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(3) and got 7 [Total: 41.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(4) and got 16 [Total: 50.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(5) and got 12 [Total: 46.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+34(6) and got 9 [Total: 43.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 257.0, Avg: 8.83
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 20 ( Total: 54.0 ) for 1 last crew, and reroll the 2 from the last one with the hunlow reroll
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 8 [Total: 42.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 96.0, Avg: 14.00
Phyllis rolled 6d12+49 and got 9, 12, 6, 12, 10, 10 ( Total: 108.0 ) for crit damage
Phyllis rolled 2d10+29 and got 4, 5 ( Total: 38.0 ) for damage against everything else, same statuses
Phyllis sustains [Arcane Gate] and ends her turn.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO! *2!] [53! * 9!
[OOC] Phyllis: also right that wasn't counting the +15 for close attacks
[OOC] Aleith|DM: wait 3 and 8
[OOC] Phyllis: The 2s? Replaced with the 20 from Keeper's Prescience
Aleith|DM: Everything Hit
Aleith|DM: After your swap and reroll anyway
Aleith|DM: Calily sweeps a bit to the side, robes fluttering as the wind intensifies around her, dealing 10 thunder damage to Boarding Crew F as a flick of her wrist sends three origami cranes swooping towards Crew G. Right before they collide they fold themselves into dagger-like projectiles.As they slice past, you see each is scribed with calligraphy. [Wing and Prayer]
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+40(1) and got 15 ( Total: 55.0 )
Also rolled 3#d20+40(2) and got 14 [Total: 54.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+40(3) and got 17 [Total: 57.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 166.0, Avg: 15.33
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d8r1+11(1): (1, 1, 1, 3) [Total: 14.0 (Low), Avg and got 3.00
Also rolled 3#d8r1+11(2) and got 5 [Total: 16.0 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 3#d8r1+11(3) and got 2 [Total: 13.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 43.0, Avg: 3.33
Aleith|DM: 43 damage, and Calily heals 15 damage! (5 for each hit)
Aleith|DM: …21 damage rather
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 10 ( Total: 10 )
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane changes the Arsenal to a shortbow and snaps off a shot at crew L, then at crew J. [RBA AP -> RBA]
Zane rolled 2#1d20+36(1) and got 16 ( Total: 52.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d20+36(2) and got 9 [Total: 45.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 97.0, Avg: 12.50
Zane rolled 2d8+41 and got 4, 2 ( Total: 47.0 ) for crew L, Death Attack finishes the job
Zane rolled 5d8+41 and got 3, 6, 4, 7, 5 ( Total: 66.0 ) for crew J, Death Attack might pick up the spare here too
Aleith|DM: Close, but not quite
[OOC] Zane: damn, not quite
Aleith|DM: Crew I throws Skulls of the Tortured at Garrett!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+32 and got 2 ( Total: 34 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 19 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: Crew M continues treading water
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 11 ( Total: 9 )
Garrett‘ kicksteps around the skulls!
[OOC] Phyllis: geeeeeeeeeet dunked on
Aleith|DM: Crew C throws Skulls of the Tortured at Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+32 and got 7 ( Total: 39 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 1 ( Total: -1 )
Aleith|DM: Crew J throws Skulls of the Tortured at Garrett!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+32 and got 12 ( Total: 44 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Still missing!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 15 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM: Oh wait
Aleith|DM: 15 necrotic to Garrett twice and Gerald once
Chandrasekhar teleport-charges Crew I to protect his king!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+36 and got 17 ( Total: 53 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+15 and got 6, 6 ( Total: 27 ) for radiant, +2 to saving throws and defences USONT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 27!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Teleport, Divine Challenge, then Charge, rather?
Chandrasekhar nods to Garrett. "I suppose some lessons are best taught with the sword."
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: er yes that’s what I meant lawl
Aleith|DM: The spectral gears continue grinding away at Stocke
Aleith|DM rolled d20+40 and got 9 ( Total: 49 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Another 20 damage and still restrained!
Garrett‘ nods in return.
Garrett: "There’s just so many."
Garrett: "Like we're fighting larger and larger groups, not just… tougher ones."
Phyllis: "I'm not having too much of an issue with that aspect."
Aleith|DM: Crews F and G are out of reach
Gerald: "On the upside it's not like killing them is hard."
Aleith|DM rolled 2d20 and got 16, 4 ( Total: 20 )
Zane: "I am."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 47:Garrett | 45:Ernst | 45:Gerald | 42:Phyllis | 40:Calily | 37:Crew C | 36:Zane | 27:Chandrasekhar | 26:Crew IJM | 25:Crew FG |
Aleith|DM: Round 3! Garrett!
Garrett‘ slides over to Boarding Group J and stylishly stabs his way through their ranks! [Move] [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+37 and got 9 ( Total: 46 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 2d4+42 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 49 )
Also rolled 5d8 and got 4, 3, 3, 8, 5 [Total: 23]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 72
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+40 and got 6 ( Total: 46 ) for vs Ref, Stocke
Aleith|DM: Stocke does not take more damage. Ernst!
Ernst flies on top of the roof before helping his clone out with a [Prismatic Strike] on G, followed by a [Magic Weapon - Minor] on F.
Ernst rolled 1d100 and got 42 ( Total: 42 ) for Stockes roll a 20 check
Ernst rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 8 ( Total: 42.0 ) for Prismatic
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 3 [Total: 37.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 79.0, Avg: 5.50
[OOC] Ernst: … heroic the 42!
Ernst rolled d8+18 and got 8 ( Total: 26.0 ) for prone, push 6, all attacks -3
d8+18: 4 [Total: 22.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
d8+18: 3 [Total: 21.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 69.0, Avg: 5.00
Ernst rolled 2#d20+36(1) and got 20 ( Total: 56.0 ) for Magic Weapon
Also rolled 2#d20+36(2) and got 8 [Total: 44.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 100.0, Avg: 14.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Crit, hit!
[OOC] Ernst: 58 - Refresh Prismatic
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` [Quarry]s and then [Twin Shot]s Crew C
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+37(1) and got 5 ( Total: 42 )
Also rolled 2#d20+37(2) and got 13 [Total: 50]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 92
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+37(1) and got 9 ( Total: 46 )
Also rolled 2#d20+37(2) and got 12 [Total: 49]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 95
Aleith|DM: 1 hit! 2 hits!
[OOC] Gerald: ded
Aleith|DM: True. [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
[OOC] Ernst: Oh right Phyllis gets +5 to hit, +6 dmg, brutal 1
Phyllis steps through the gate and wanders further north to get a better vantage point on crew I, then attacks with [Winged Horde], followed by Quickened Spellcasting [Minor->Illusory Ambush]
Phyllis rolled d20+39 and got 13 ( Total: 52.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6r1+30+15: (1, 5), 3 [Total: 53.0 (Avg), Avg and got 4.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Phyllis doesn’t illusory ambush, apparently. She … might be able to hit the other one with [Chain Lightning]?
Aleith|DM: That's…I'm going to say that's an auto-hit due to them being in the water.
Aleith|DM: at least for secondary attack damage.
Phyllis rolled d20+38 and got 11 ( Total: 49.0 )
Phyllis rolled 4d6r1+25: 5, 3, 3, (1, 3) [Total: 39.0 (Avg), Avg and got 3.50
[OOC] Aleith|DM: you might not have an angle to hit them with the primary attack, but can angle it for a secondary attack to reach them…
[OOC] Phyllis: +6 more forgot the bonus
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
[OOC] Phyllis: minus two dice then
Aleith|DM: You've routed the Pirates of Hunlow, crippled their clergy, and sunk their fleet!
Aleith|DM: Zane: On Admiral Taracle, you find a pair of…dwarven battleaxes?
Zane: "Huh."
Aleith|DM: They glow along their axeheads like sunbeams.
Ernst: "Well, that about wraps up that. Hope that helped?"
Gerald‘ leans over the ship, looking down at the water as he addresses it. "So… we good here?"
Zane shrugs, slaps the weapon belt around his waist. More for the collection.
Aleith|DM: You get a sense of fury from the ocean.
Garrett: "Once we repatriate the slaves… wherever counts for that around here."
Phyllis: "I assume we find the - yes."
Gerald: "I don’t know what you're so mad about you wanted people dead and I gave you a *lot* of dead people."
Gerald: "Chin up!"
Ernst nods. "I'll remain up top, if you encounter any wounded just bring them my way."
Calily: "They keep the slaves mostly on Drozani to the north, from what I know."
Ernst groans. "So there's more of them?"
Zane: "Not for long."
Gerald: "Not for long."
Aleith|DM: Unfortunately (fortunately?), your bond with the plane of Hunlow has not improved. It would still take a month to make an icon for here.
Gerald‘ nods to Zane.
Ernst chuckles at the two.
Zane grins at Gerald.
Phyllis: NOT PLANNING ON IT ANYWAY.
Aleith|DM: While you wait for the levitationals to finish recharging, Gerald can get some results from the Vortex Array.
Ernst gets some much needed rest while that’s going on. ((I assume I can get my dailies back?))
Phyllis goes to rest in the hold while waiting for the ship to recharge. Probably during travel.
Garrett: "Shore leave is -not- authorized, nobody think about taking a swim, and boil the water before you drink it."
Aleith|DM: Drozani to the north reads of Air and Death energy. To the northeast, Etheax scans as Fire and Time. And across the distant void, you can get a reading on Ascetia: Life and Time energies.
Aleith|DM: You can take an extended rest while you wait for the levitationals to recharge, yes.
Ernst: "Just so we're on the same page here, our intention is to attune the monastery to the air idol and then fly to our old planes which should be incredibly easy to attune to given our familiarity to them?"
Garrett: "Mostly, yeah."
Ernst: "Or did we have something else in mind?"
Phyllis: "May as well while we're here, and we should look through other motes for suitable planes to put in the seal."
Garrett: "The problem is that creating icons itself is a lengthy undertaking, in either time or understanding."
Gerald: "Are we not just putting it back how it was for some reason…?"
Phyllis: "Caeloon seems like a nice addition, and I'm sure we can find something else interesting among this area."
Gerald: "Fucking with it in the first place is what lead to this shit storm."
Garrett: "Right, so we can't really mess it up much more than it is."
Garrett: "Rot's interference didn't help things, either."
Gerald: "I'm saying, remember when we were at that meeting and everyone was like 'oh, protection from outside forced, what good is that?'?"
Gerald: "And then, oops, otherworldly invaders ate the fucking world the second it was gone?"
Gerald: "All that stuff was there for very specific reasons, and we might not still know all of them."
Phyllis: "I'm curious if the Obscurati's plan would have turned out fine if the Voice of Rot hadn't interfered, yes. And I agree with that, but there are only three planes necessary for that and that leaves us with five others to put in."
Aleith|DM: You can actually sail across Hunlow to reach the base of Drozani, where a small rocky island forms a shore with the sea.
Gerald: "That we know of."
Aleith|DM: From there, a majestic pink marble staircase rises two hundred feet over the void, up to a pillow of clouds upon which sits a desolate city of rose wood and marble. Two fallen angels of Hunlow guard the staircase, but they go down easily from your own attacks.
Phyllis: "I thought Zane spoke with the ancients and they told him they basically slapped together whatever worked?"
Ernst: "Apet, Urim and Nem are more or less required to make sure this doesn't happen again, no?"
Chandrasekhar: "Eternal vigilance is the only thing that will ensure this never happens again."
Ernst: "Removing Jiese would set us back centuries on technology, it says a lot when even the Obsurati left that one in."
Gerald: "Right, there's been a whole hell of a lot of society since then."
Gerald: "And everything works how it does for very specific reasons."
Phyllis: "Avilona and Mavisha, I'm not as sure about."
Chandrasekhar: "That said, I'd err on the side of caution, but… one does not simply look away from a chance to repair the world. What purpose is served by Avilona, for example?"
Gerald: "I don't think we're personally well informed enough to really be messing with that balance, even mroe so since I'm not sure we'll get more than one chance."
Ernst: "I'm perfectly fine with starting an airship industry when we get back if you want to get rid of that for the monastery plane."
Gerald: "Well, between teleportation and lack of flight, it's hard to move large armies quickly."
Phyllis: "Are you forgetting that Avilona has the traits it does specifically because Kasvarina and other members of the Obscurati messed around in it?"
[OOC] Gerald: teleportation limitations
Chandrasekhar: "Jiese…" He laughs. "There are those among my people who would fight you on whether its presence is a blight or a blessing, but you'll hear no arguments from me."
Phyllis: "That wasn't the Ancients' design, that was someonen's accident."
Gerald: "I'm probably forgetting all sorts of things related to planer alignment, and that is kind of my point!"
Chandrasekhar: "I believe that constant vigilance, and information, and a Lanjyr united in peace and knowledge of the nature of the world is the only way to ensure this never happens again."
Gerald‘ sighs, shooting the last of the guards down after they dock.
Aleith|DM: Within the city, you find thousdans of slaves, who have been kept in line because nothing seems to grow here and food was regularly shipped in.
Ernst: "My main concern is time. If I’m not mistaken we won't have time to attune to our old plane with the voice of rot waiting for us there. So we should probably find a decent enough replacement just in case…?"
Chandrasekhar: "And so I look to the stars for guidance as to how to make a better world possible."
Aleith|DM: The slaves typically busy themselves crafting clothes or weapons for the pirates.
Gerald: "Hmm."
Gerald: "Not sure we have enough space to move all these people."
Garrett: "I wish we had blown up a few less ships, yes."
Zane picks his teeth with a dagger. "I think we should put it all back the way it was except for Air. I like the monastery making people more resilient more than I care about flight being limited."
Gerald‘ glances around, then shouts towards to slaves. "WHO DO I NEED TO KILL SO YOU ALL CAN RULE OVER YOURSELVES AND WHERE CAN I FIND THEM?"
Garrett: "Unless there’s already a shipyard here too, in which we just seize the means of production, and take whatever isn't nailed down and pry up whatever is."
Zane: "There's few enough dragons left that I'm not worried about keeping them grounded at this point."
Aleith|DM: Seeing as you already killed a majority of the Pirates of Hunlow…
Aleith|DM: You already found them.
Gerald‘ gunna kill off the last few who were still here though so the former slaves can live in peace!!!
Aleith|DM: Easily done.
Aleith|DM: There is a group of Caeloon monks here, mostly children and grandchildren of the monks who were captured a few decades ago.
Aleith|DM: Arcana and Insight to determine the traits of this plane, by the way, Phyllis.
Phyllis: "Air, time, water. Those are the ones we’re considering changing. I agree with Zane about Caeloon. I have … concerns over using Reida for Time again, since I believe it governs over the ages of the world. If it's in place and we get it wrong, we may be locked in with that until the vintner spurns the arc again, like it did just before the Obscurati ritual. Mavisha may be fine, but I'd like
Phyllis: to search for another replacement to see what's around. "
Phyllis rolled d20+42 and got 16 ( Total: 58.0 ) for Arcana
[OOC] Phyllis: can someone else insight? I think Chandra did last time
[OOC] Zane: with my whopping +17, there has to be a better option lol
Ernst: "I'd like to have a completed idol before we engage with the voice of rot."
Ernst: "So I'm okay with an alternative for time."
Chandrasekhar: "Let's keep our eyes open."
[OOC] Phyllis: Teak can you roll insight
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: OH PANTS
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+38 and got 8 ( Total: 46 )
Phyllis confers with Chandra about the plane, putting her knowledge and his intuition together.
Aleith|DM: Planar Trait: Slowly the birth rate dwindles to zero.
Aleith|DM: Life is not meant to exist here.
Chandrasekhar: "Well, we can skip that one."
Phyllis: "That explains the slave trade."
Garrett‘ shudders. "The entire place is… damned. Not the expression- the literal opposite of hallowed."
Chandrasekhar: "You are not wrong."
Phyllis: "In any case, let’s try and get these people back."
Garrett: "Yes… lets."
Aleith|DM: Calily helps you gather up the monks and bring them aboard the Coaltongue.
Aleith|DM: Using the Vortex Array here, you can find that far to the north, Gardboral scans of Air and Life. Iratha Ket reads of Death and Life. And Obliatas to the northwest reads of…all energies.
Aleith|DM: Obliatas seems to be the small sun that's throwing something akin to a day cycle across much of the gyre, and is…orbiting Iratha Ket…?
Chandrasekhar: "…fascinating."
Aleith|DM: It takes you most of a day to return back to Caeloon, but you land at the monastery again. This time, Calily asks you to land at the edge of the clearing, well back from the monastery.
Garrett‘ nods and gives the order.
Aleith|DM: As she leads the former slaves back to the monastery, she asks you to remain with the ship for a few moments first, and she will come and get you once they are ready.
Zane stays perched on the railing of the ship, watching the monks.
Aleith|DM: A few moments after the monks enter the monastery, there is a loud crackling of paper for the next several moments as the small outer ruins unfold into the majestic, well-tended full monastery, filling much of the clearing.
Zane: "Man, this place just gets better and better."
Garrett` slaps the railing. "I knew it!"
Garrett: "There was -something- weird with that place!!"
Aleith|DM: Only three dozen monks remained in the whole sprawled structure, but they come out now, alongside the rescued monks, bow, and then follow Calily’s lead in a brief martial kata to showcase their fighting technique.
Calily: "Thank you very much for your help in rescuing our people!"
Zane: "Definitely at least a month of vacation."
Phyllis: "Retirement."
Gerald: "No problem."
Chandrasekhar: "(Goddess.)" After a moment, and with an invisible smile: "It was an honor. There are other former slaves imprisoned on that plane…"
Aleith|DM: You feel as if the bond with Caeloon has heightened to the point where you can quickly make a planar icon.
Calily: "My fellow monks and I pledge our assistance in the fight against the Golden Legion!"
Phyllis: " - You handle talks on figuring that mess out and busting them loose. I've got an icon to make."
Zane hops down off the rail. "Do any of you know where the captain got these axes from?"
Garrett‘ moves to speak, and stops himself, taken by an emotion. It passes through his face- into a big smile.
Zane gestures at the looted dwarven axes on his hips.
Garrett: "Hell. We’ll be glad to have your help."
Calily: "Hmmm. That's probably from Dunkelweiss, to the northwest."
Zane: "They do good work."
Calily: "The guardians of the tomb there have been looking for those since the pirates stole them from their king's tomb."
Zane: "Good thing I was planning on giving them back, then."
Aleith|DM: What do you want to make the icon of Caeloon, the Paper Wind, from?
Phyllis: Another coin, etched with a symbol of a sheet of paper.
Aleith|DM: The other monks show serene approval, then return to the monastery. It folds down to the size of an origami bird, which Calily carries with her.
Phyllis autopasses both the Arcana and Nature checks.
Aleith|DM: Yes. I don't even need to ask for those, just determining traits without making an icon first…
Aleith|DM: Calily is still quite curious about that lighthouse on Ascetia, since it's been operating since before their plane arrived here….
Aleith|DM: For your maiden flight under the boon of Caeloon's planar energy, you spend the next few hours flying over the void, passing over the jungles of Thrag on the way.
Aleith|DM: …it almost sounds like the plane of Thrag itself is shouting due to the cacophy of noise coming from it. Calily warns that it's a dangerous place.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: -shouting +screaming
Ernst has had enough exposure to lighthouses for one lifetime. He wouldn't be surprised at this point if the Ob was somehow responsible for the one here as well.
Aleith|DM: A flashing beacon strobes twice every minute, visible from up to a hundred miles (three hexes) away. As one approaches to within ten miles, a lighthouse appears, rising up from the edge of a tangled jungle which extends all the way to the precipice of the floating world.
Aleith|DM: The lighthouse is unostentatious but solid, constructed of hand-carved limestone bricks thrusting a hundred feet above the jungle canopy. A small barn and a few satellite buildings surround it in a fifty foot clearing, and a walkway of logs leads from the lighthouse’s door to the very edge of the world. As if its resident expects visitors, a basket of small tart jungle fruit sits next to a bench a few feet from where the sidewalk ends.
Aleith|DM: The rest of the planar mote consists of short mountains that feed streams that thread through the jungle. A barely visible foot-path from the lighthouse leads into that verdant tangle.
Zane: "Interesting… I can go take a look."
Ernst: "May as well. Maybe there's something here that can get us back."
Chandrasekhar breaths in, sharply.
Phyllis: "Why do I half-expect Miller to be there?"
Garrett: "Fuck, if only."
Chandrasekhar: "…it's beautiful. Feels almost like home."
Ernst chuckles at Phyllis. "May as well just walk up and shout Nico I'm home at that point."
Zane: "Alright, if I'm not back in an hour, something has probably killed me."
Chandrasekhar: "I'll come with you."
Garrett: "Don't die."
Phyllis: "Let me go with you."
Zane: "I really operate better alone, Ursinho."
Zane: "You can take the light house though."
Phyllis: "Were you not?"
Ernst: "I at least want to see if there's anything in here resembling the old lanterns. I might be able to jury rig something up to go home."
Phyllis: "That was my intent anyway."
Gerald‘ starts chewing on one of the fruit while the others figure out what they’re doing.
Zane: "Nah, I was going to take the jungle."
Aleith|DM: Calily steps off the airship to the path 'at the edge of the world' before walking over to the lighthouse. "Come on!"
Chandrasekhar: "Ahh. Watch out for tigers, friend."
Aleith|DM: While Zane disappears into the jungle, you approach the lighthouse. As you near it, a man steps out of the lighthouse to greet you. "Ah, visitors. Welcome."
Garrett` hops off, en route to the lighthouse. He plays a game of how long he can keep Zane in his prehiprial vision- whoops he’s gone already.
Aleith|DM: …both his voice and appearance match that of Nicodemus after you forced him to leave the body of 'Mister Mapple'.
Ernst: "…"
Gerald: "Oh."
Gerald: "Now we don't have to hunt you down, great."
Garrett‘ ’s head tilts all the way to the side.
Garrett: "Well, I mean…"
Garrett: "This would be really disappointing if it was him, I think.
Chandrasekhar: "…it seems you don't know us, but I'm afraid we've met."
Miller: "Despite how I look, I'm not your enemy. I’m his reflection, and five hundred years ago I broke off from him. I'll help you, if you'll let me, because when I look at my reflection now I don't like what I see."
Garrett‘ hand gestures. "He’s a ghost. Sort of. Yeah."
Ernst: "Oh, when calamity struck? Huh."
Gerald‘ groans. Loudly.
Chandrasekhar inclines his head, nods. He’s… smiling, although you can't see it behind the mask. "In that case, it's a pleasure to meet you. I… had ceased hoping that the day would come when I might."
Ernst: "Guess you're still keeping that bullet, buddy." He grins at Gerald.
Gerald: "This is dumb."
Miller: "The first thing to know is that I'm arrogant. Five centuries ago I thought I could broker a peace agreement between Elfaivar and the Clergy during a holy war. They threw us into a prison – my accomplice was an eladrin woman, Kasvarina. She didn’t deserve what happened to her because of me."
Ernst: "You mean the same Kasvarina that Nico has wrapped around his thumb for his world domination plans right now?"
Ernst: "Actually back up a moment. How do you even know what he's doing can you see our world?"
Chandrasekhar nods sadly to Ernst.
Phyllis: "Does he right now, though? We haven't seen her in quite some time."
Miller: "That prison was supposed to be punishment and torture. And there were horrors there, definitely. But the most dangerous thing locked away in there was my own pride. I found a ritual, a way to end the war, a way to summon a god. My plan was to trick the Clergy into summoning its own god of war, which the eladrin would kill."
Miller: "The ritual warned that all the followers of the god would suffer the same fate as the one they worshipped. If my plan had worked it would have killed thousands of people. People who worshipped the same way I did. I didn’t care. I had been thwarted once, and I needed to succeed."
Gerald: "Had, past tense. She's probably dead now that her head is clear again and unwilling to go with his bullshit anymore."
Miller: "I was blind to the fact that I was a puppet. The Clergy had used Kasvarina and me to get the ritual – there was a demon, she wouldn’t tell them; it’s complicated. The hierarchs I hated so much summoned an eladrin goddess, killed her. When I figured it out I tried to escape, and I was caught in the middle of the backlash, right as I was straddling two sides of a portal. In the same moment that every eladrin woman died, I was torn in two.
Miller: "So here I am, a ghost in a place of ghosts. You can imagine the denial and rage, but eventually I realized there was no point to that. Not too far from here I built a memorial to the goddess they killed, and to all the people who died because of me. This lighthouse, also, was my attempt at penance. I thought if people came here, I could offer shelter or guidance. I suppose I’ve been waiting for you."
Miller: "I can't see what the other me is doing, but ghosts have been showing up for months, and I've heard stories. Stories of what that other me is doing."
Miller: "'The other me.' Hell, this will get confusing. Look, it’s been centuries since I thought of myself as Nicodemus anyway. It was only a moniker. A 'nick' name, which my fellow monks thought was so damned clever. There’s this herb from the Yerasol Islands called leaf of Nicodemus. You burn it, inhale the smoke. I remember loving the sensation. It was soothing. I dreamed of cultivating it and sharing it with more people around the world. But, well, there was a holy war. More pressing matters."
Miller: "Anyway, this place is basically my grave, so I might as well be buried with my real name. I'm William Miller, and I have some good news, and some bad news. Two sides of a mirror, if you don't mind me belaboring the point."
Miller: "You see, there's a way to get back to your world. At the center of the Gyre, if you dive into the teeth and let yourself be ground up and annihilated, your soul, or consciousness, or in any case all the useful things you've learned here—and I've got an inkling why you're here—all of that will go back to…Well, here’s the bad news."
Chandrasekhar: "…I should like to visit that memorial."
Miller: "You've been reflected too. Av, the moon. It's a plane of mirrors, and the realm you pass through when you're stepping through a portal. Its power tore me in two five hundred years ago. And when Av shattered a few days ago, the same thing happened to you. One version of you is back home, and the other version is here. Nothing you do here can change what happens there, and nothing the other yous there can do will make a difference in saving your world, not unless you fling yourself into the Gyre. If you want the other version of you to succeed, you're all going to have to die."
Aleith|DM: You level up to 30.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License