Zg Session 116

Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 50:Ernst | 47:Gerald | 34:Phyllis | 34:Zane | 34:Grandis Komanov | 30:Chandrasekhar | 28:Garrett | 25:Tzertze |
Aleith|DM: Round 5!
Stocke fires a [Magic Weapon] at the Wardrummer as Ernst makes his way above Grandis.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 16 ( Total: 50.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 10 [Total: 44.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 94.0, Avg: 13.00
Ernst rolled 5d8+20 and got 4, 7, 1, 2, 4 ( Total: 38.0 ) for -1 AC, Phyllis gets +5 to hit, +6 dmg, Brutal 1
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 38!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald: "So, we got a plan for when she comes back right?" Gerald asks, while casually marking his Quarry and shooting it with a twin shot.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+33(1) and got 5 ( Total: 38 )
Also rolled 2#d20+33(2) and got 1 [Total: 34]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 72
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+33(1) and got 1 ( Total: 34 )
Also rolled 2#d20+33(2) and got 2 [Total: 35]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 69
Zane: "Kill her."
Aleith|DM: Misses!
Garrett: "Stay a bit spread out, which we’re already doing sort of."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis! Zane!
Garrett: "Just be ready for the boom!"
Ernst: "I was probably going to go into my astral seed once the Wardrummers dealt with. I could use a pep up."
Gerald: "Well yes clearly, it's the gigantic train cannon appearing out of nowhere that I'm worried about."
Gerald: "Hmm."
Zane: "With the giants gone we have the ability to heal and catch our breath at least."
Phyllis hits the last giant with an [Illusory Ambush]!
Phyllis rolled d20+34 and got 17 ( Total: 51.0 ) for vs will, yes with buff
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6r1+35 and got 3, 3 ( Total: 41.0 ) for psychic
[OOC] Phyllis: -6 tohit etc etc)
Phyllis steps through her Arcane Gate again and persists it.
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Phyllis: "Spread out, at least."
Zane suits actions to words now that he has a minute to refocus, taking a deep breath and letting some of the battle stress fade away. [Second Wind, Arsenal becomes a shortspear]
Garrett‘ shifts his eyes left and right as Ernst and Phyllis move through the portal and hold position right next to each other.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: to be fair, Ernst is 60 feet straight up in the air
Ernst is 60 feet in the air the cannon can’t even hit that high unless they aim up.
Garrett‘ nods knowingly once he does those mental calculations!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 1 ( Total: 28 ) for +10 bonus to Komanov’s Int Check
Phyllis: "She'll be in there a bit longer."
Komanov is still trapped in the demiplane!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Phyllis: "Our dear friend isn't the brightest at finding her way to the cheese at the end."
Chandrasekhar maintains Discipline the Unruly and swings an Ardent Strike at the last Vsadni!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+31 and got 3 ( Total: 34 )
Zane: "She expect the cheese to come to her."
Chandrasekhar calls down a Divine Challenge on Tzertze.
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ calls out to the remaining army. "Focus your fire on that remaining titan, will ya?"
Phyllis: "I can prepare it such that she misses if she targets a lone person. Either that, or I guarantee that Zane can seal her away, but we have additional backups for that."
Garrett` circle strafes and readies himself. [Total Defense]
Aleith|DM: Tzertze swings his Paired Gargantuan Picks wildly at Chandrasekhar, like he enjoys the fight too much to want to kill him too fast.
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+32(1) and got 2 ( Total: 34.0 ) for vs AC
Also rolled 2#d20+32(2) and got 6 [Total: 38.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 72.0, Avg: 4.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: whoops -6 and -2 to that, so both miss
[OOC] Phyllis: Also wait was it still dominated
[OOC] Phyllis: no that wore off )
Aleith|DM: The dwarves finish it off with their shotguns. [33! KO!]
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 50:Ernst | 47:Gerald | 38:Zane | 34:Phyllis | 34:Grandis Komanov | 30:Chandrasekhar | 28:Garrett | 25:Tzertze |
Aleith|DM: Round 6! Ernst!
Ernst touches down to 25 feet above the ground before retreating into his astral seed to restore an encounter power. >.> Gerald/Zane/Phyllis can come too if they want.
Gerald` could always use another use of manticore’s volley, and fades intoit as well.
Phyllis is good, so never you mind her.
Zane is also fine, he hasn't used his encounter power yet.
Phyllis moves south a bit, conjures [Mage Hand], and readies an action for the moment that Grandis reappears.
Aleith|DM: Gerald! You're in Ernst's dimensional seed.
Gerald‘ second winds!
Phyllis: That is, since she has to specify which one, [Make It So].
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane takes a Full Defense as the Arsenal shifts into a wickedly curved shortsword. Komanov isn’t going to know what hit her.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+32 and got 12 ( Total: 44 )
Aleith|DM: Grandis reappears in her space at the end of her turn.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Komanov: "You're an infuriating woman," she snarls at Phyllis.
Phyllis: "You haven't seen anything yet."
Phyllis: "Observe as we cheat death itself." [Make It So] - Komanov misses her next attack roll!
Zane was just waiting for the opportunity, hurling himself through the snow at Komanov. [Readied Charge because I'm bad at how my stuff works]
Zane rolled d20+33 and got 13 ( Total: 46 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 5d6+38 and got 6, 5, 6, 2, 4 ( Total: 61.0 ) for damage, poison, cashing in 3 combat dice in Brute Stance
Also rolled 3d8 and got 6, 8, 8 [Total: 22 (High), Avg: 7.33]
Total: 83.0, Avg: 5.62
Phyllis: "You act as if the story revolves around you, as if you're the protagonist with the writers' pen backing her up."
Phyllis smiles even more widely, her eyes flashing with knowledge of her foe's certain failure. "But you'd be wrong. That pen belongs to me."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 83!
Aleith|DM: Grandis Komanov looks up and cries out, "My lord, I fear not the end!" The storm overhead writhes, seemingly in the shape of a titanic white serpent. [Herald of the World's End]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Aura changes to Blessings of Fervor: Komanov and her allies in the aura gain +2 to speed, attack rolls, and defenses. Enemies who enter or end their turn in the area take 10 necrotic damage.
Aleith|DM: And then she grabs the Cyclopean Revelation and fires it at Phyllis in frustration.
Aleith|DM: …missing.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis can dive to the side or fall prone and take half damage.
Phyllis dives! As she rises, she cackles, her voice filled with mockery and cruelty.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for forgot his save last round
Chandra invokes the [Spirit of the Virtuous Charger], sustains [Discipline the Unruly] and teleports across the battlefield, telecharging at Komanov! [Charge]
Garrett: !Roll 1d20+34 ; vs AC, virtuous strike
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+34 and got 18 ( Total: 52 ) for vs AC, virtuous strike
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett: !Roll 2d8+28
Garrett` rolled 2d8+28 and got 1, 2 ( Total: 31 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 31!
[Divine Challenge]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: isn’t that too many actions?
[OOC] Garrett: beats me, I thought DC was a rider
[OOC] Garrett: if not then disregard DC
[OOC] Aleith|DM: not for that attack, he gets +2 to saves and defences instead
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ shimmies forward a bit, biding his time, and he flicks a dagger at Komanov! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett: !Roll 1d20+35 ; vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d20+35 and got 1 ( Total: 36 ) for vs AC
Garrett` clicks his tongue. [EoT]
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane drops a hand to his belt and flicks a handful of powder at Komanov’s face. [Insanity Mist]
Zane rolled d20+31 and got 15 ( Total: 46 )
Zane rolled 3d10+24 and got 6, 4, 4 ( Total: 38.0 ) for Poison damage and ongoing 10 Psychic (15 on first failed save)
Also rolled 3d8 and got 1, 4, 5 [Total: 10 (Low), Avg: 3.33]
Total: 48.0, Avg: 4.00
Aleith|DM rolled d20+33 and got 19 ( Total: 52 ) for vs AC, OA
Aleith|DM rolled 4d8+20 and got 6, 2, 7, 7 ( Total: 42.0 )
Aleith|DM: She hits you for 42 damage and ongoing 15 cold (SE), but in return takes [56!]
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Aleith|DM rolled 4d6 and got 1, 3, 6, 3 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM: She takes 13 radiant damage and is blinded UEoCNT!
Aleith|DM: …18, rather, Virtuous Strike also inflicts vulnerable 5 radiant.
Phyllis: /me braces herself [Dwarven Resilience], sustains her Hand, then conjures another [Illusory Ambush]. Maze walls closing in.
Phyllis rolled d20+31 and got 18 ( Total: 49.0 ) for vs will
Phyllis rolled 2d6+29 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 36.0 ) for psychic, -6/-2 etc.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 36!
Aleith|DM rolled d6 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Aleith|DM: Grandis snarls and slashes at both Chandrasekhar and Zane! [AP, Frost Greatsword x2]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 15 ( Total: 37.0 )
d20+26: 1 [Total: 27.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 64.0, Avg: 8.00
Phyllis: "You are not yet past the precipice of total defeat."
Aleith|DM rolled 4d6+5 and got 1, 6, 1, 1 ( Total: 14.0 ) for gdi this triggers again
Aleith|DM: Another [14!] radiant damage
Aleith|DM: …and 10 damage from The City Marches to War
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandra [ardently strikes]!
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+33 and got 7 ( Total: 40 ) for vs AC
[Challenge]
[Sustain]
[Eot]
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` darts toward Komanov, leaps straight up, and comes down with a staggering blow to the head! [Knockout]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+35 and got 6 ( Total: 41 ) for vs Fort
[Sly Fortune’s Favor]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+35 and got 16 ( Total: 51 ) for vs Fort
Garrett: "Good night."
Aleith|DM: Damage?
[OOC] Ernst: 8 damage from eye. It hit.
Garrett` rolled 2d4+41 and got 2, 4 ( Total: 47 ) for she is now Unconsious (save ends)
Also rolled 5d8 and got 3, 5, 3, 6, 7 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 71
Phyllis: "Welcome … to the End of Time."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 71!] She falls unconcious at your feet.
Garrett` nods once. "Should we still tell the army to back up?"
Gerald: "Hmm…"
Gerald: "Probably?"
Gerald` shrugs.
Zane smiles viciously. "Just in case, but I think we’re alright now…"
Phyllis: Battlefield Elocution is probably still up. "For your safety, please keep back and let us finish this."
Garrett‘ calls out to the army! "BUT DO KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED!"
Garrett: "THIS IS AN ONCE-IN-AN-ERA MOMENT!"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 50:Ernst | 47:Gerald | 34:Phyllis | 34:Zane | 34:Grandis Komanov | 30:Chandrasekhar | 28:Garrett |
Aleith|DM: Round 7! Ernst!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+5 and got 18 ( Total: 23 ) for forgot about that ongoing psychic
Ernst reappears from his [Astral Seed] before he activates an [Iron Hide Infusion - +4 AC to all] and a [Slick Concoctation - Chandra, Garrett and Phyllis can slide 5 reposition themselves if they so desire.]
Ernst then fires a [GMW] into Stocke.
Ernst rolled 2d8+17 and got 5, 7 ( Total: 29.0 ) for Zane gets +10 to hit, +6 dmg, brutal 1
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` pulls out a ciggerate from his pocket, lights it up, then places a foot down on Komanov. "Alright Zane, can’t miss like this." [Assist Attack, +2 to Zane]
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane shifts the Arsenal into a dagger. "One would think…" And slams it down into Komanov's heart. [Coup de Grace]
Zane rolled d20+46 and got 6 ( Total: 52 )
Aleith|DM: Critical hit!
Zane slams the knife directly into her heart and the body vanishes before she has time to even scream. [Shadow Coffin]
Aleith|DM: And Grandis Komanov leaves the world not with a bang, but without even a whimper, her soul trapped instead of being consumed by her fey titan overlord. [KO!]
Garrett‘ ’s shoulders slump perceptibly. "…okay, I may have built it up a bit more than it ended up being."
Gerald: "That was sort of the hope."
Garrett: "Oh, yeah, absolutely."
Garrett: "Honestly I didn't know what Zane's technique was going to look like when it was all said and done."
Garrett: "It's for the best."
Garrett: "(Dockers will make something up, I'm sure.)"
Zane smiles. "Simple and subtle, as is my wont. Burning down buildings not withstanding."
Gerald: "So…"
Gerald: "Over under on Rot showing up?"
Garrett: "Right now? Hope not."
Zane points at the cloud overhead. "At least part of him is in there watching. Feeding."
Aleith|DM: The rest of the dwarves cheer, Komanov's loyalists having been taken care of by them.
Phyllis peers up, pondering how to rid the sky of that blot.
Aleith|DM: It's already beginning to slowly fade.
Gerald: "Hope he sees this." Gerald flips nothing in particular off.
Phyllis joins Gerald, but with the Mage Hand.
Gerald‘ blinks, glancing over at Phyllis, "Huh, she really ruffled your feathers didn’t she?"
Garrett‘ looks about for Heid once the adrenaline starts wearing off.
Phyllis: "It’s a bit more complicated than that, but roughly, yes."
Zane smiles and brushes his hands off. "Well. That ended much better than I had feared."
Aleith|DM: Vlendam Heid comes from the crowd, having been pulled off by some of the crowd before the meteor swarm destroyed the sled. "Well, thank you, Your Majesty, constables, for coming to deal with Drakr's doom."
Phyllis: "We only exit from the stage, but the curtain never falls."
Phyllis: "There's always more show."
Heid: "Your debate was quite inspiring, I must say."
Garrett: "Good to see you're still in enough of a big piece to speak with us while among the living."
Heid: "Unlike the rest of Bhad Ryzhavdut, she wanted to keep me as a trophy. Alive and mostly well," he says, rubbing at his wrists.
Phyllis spreads her arms wide. "You were a good teacher. Indirectly."
Phyllis: "Even if I have a few disagreements in a few spots."
Phyllis: "Nothing so divergent as … well."
Heid: "We'll have to have a discussion about it at a future date. I hear the invasion's about to knock on your doorstep, though I'll head to Trekhom to see if I can talk some sense into our errant leadership."
Zane: "People knockin' but they can't come in."
Garrett‘ glances over the remaining army then back to Heid.
Garrett: "Yeah, I think you’ll have a bit of support on that one."
Garrett: "Forgive us for not pleading our case directly."
Garrett: "But the world is a new and exciting place for all the definitions of exciting that include war."
Heid: "I can't be sure they wouldn't shoot your ship out of the sky, whether I vouched for you or not, with their current state."
Phyllis: "We've a date in Crysillyr next."
Phyllis: "We must absolutely do something about the stars disappearing from the sky."
Heid: "I wish you the best of luck, then. There were some troubling rumours about discord and upheaval in their church arriving before Komanov's army showed up."
Garrett: "Mm, well… woe for me to chance upon another nation's disarray, but Crysillyr already had boats in the water headed for Risur."
Garrett: "But we've already done a lot to forestall that… and I rather like the night sky."
Chandrasekhar: "Crisillyir hasn't spent a moment -out- of profound ideological disarray for centuries."
Chandrasekhar: "But we'll do what we can." His voice is a little cold.
Garrett` chuckles. "Relatively speaking."
Aleith|DM: As you board your ship, the army starts to disperse. The flight to Alais Primos takes you about a day and a half…
Aleith|DM: You level up to 27.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License