Zg Session 111

Aleith|DM: 10:30 AM, Winter 89
Aleith|DM: You've rested up after your escapades at the Cadagyr Estate at your room in the Trenches, and Ernst has just finished Resurrecting Lord Winslow Cadagyr.
Cadagyr: "…what just happened?"
Ernst: "Welcome back."
Gerald: "You looked at a brainpyre and exploded because the Ob ruined the world."
Zane: "We murdered a handful of agents that work for the forces that were manipulating your thoughts."
Cadagyr: "…so I didn't just imagine that."
Zane: "You should be so lucky."
Chandrasekhar: "Oh, good, you remember. Welcome back."
Garrett: "Dream's over, but the nightmare's still here."
Phyllis: "I mean."
Cadagyr: "Quite." He sighs and frowns deeply. "Those…monsters have had me under their sway for weeks no."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: *now
Phyllis: "If you want." She brandishes a ritual book.
Chandrasekhar: "Not just you, unfortunately."
Cadagyr: "What's that?"
Phyllis: "The law enforcement around here, as well, it seems."
Garrett: "It's a localized issue, but the problem is it's involving a lot of the locals."
Chandrasekhar: "Not to mention a lot of locales." He laughs, bitterly.
Ernst: "Figured it'd be better to get you back up ourselves and not hand you off to who knows what."
Cadagyr: "So, what exactly are you doing here, if you're not just 'sightseeing'?"
Zane leans on the windowsill and looks out at the sky. "Finding out why this place became a communication black hole, and fixing it."
Gerald: "Also saving the world by killing otherworldly invaders."
Zane: "That's part of 'fixing it'."
Garrett: "Contrary to biased reporting, Risur is not attempting to destroy the world."
Cadagyr: "And - ah, Risur, of course. That does explain where half of you come from."
Zane smiles slightly. "I'm from here. I just work there."
Lord Cadagyr nods. "You're the ones Ms. Amarie has been printing stories about in the papers, I see."
Gerald: "Yes."
Garrett: "Yes. I'm currently the king of Risur, Garrett Woodson."
Chandrasekhar: "Good stories, I hope."
Zane: "Mm, our reputation proceeds us."
Cadagyr: "Mostly. A pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty. I wish it could be under better circumstances, but I take it you're trying convince the Bruse to hold off on the war, then?"
Phyllis: "Even if that weren't at stake, we'd still be here."
Garrett: "That's partially why, yes."
Garrett: "The other is, well… it really doesn't do to let this kind of thing happen." "
Cadagyr: "I…appreciate the thought."
Cadagyr: "I'll definitely see about doing all I can to keep the troops and ships stationed here from leaving, then."
Chandrasekhar: "The world needs us, in this moment, for its repair. Everything else… is a convenient alongside."
Cadagyr: "…not that the Gidim will let them leave while they're still here, but afterwards."
Phyllis: "We don't particularly understand his motivation for participating in the war. At least I don't think."
Zane: "Appreciated. But the job's only quarter-done at best right now. Still have to clear out the bear pits to free the Executores, salt the clouds to get rid of the floating invaders, and… I know there's something else that I cant remember."
Phyllis: "A shipment of firegems is en route, which should give the factories some fuel for cloud cover."
Lord Cadagyr shakes his head. "The Executores aren't at the Jaulo. There's no prisoners there for now, just beasts. They were all taken to the Gidim's base."
Phyllis: "Causes the giant eyeball beings some irritation, it seems."
Zane: "I thought… Where the hell is the Gidim base then?"
Cadagyr: "Under Triunfo Vida."
Zane: "Aha."
Cadagyr: "There's an Ancient archaeological site in a cavern under the college."
Phyllis: "Oh."
Phyllis: "Oh, dear."
Garrett‘ runs a hand through his hair.
Phyllis: "Risur had a seal opened to Jiese, and we had a bit of a snakeman problem for a bit. I imagine something similar happened here."
Zane lets out a very disgruntled "Ahhhh."
Chandrasekhar: "Mmm."
Garrett: "That is going to be an interesting detail. Can you tell us -any- more details about it?"
Cadagyr: "Some of the students have been studying it over the years, but it’s mostly been a curiosity until now. There's a large open cavern directly underneath the foyer where they've situated themselves. And their…ship?"
Chandrasekhar: "'ship'?"
Cadagyr: "I haven't seen it, but they've mentioned it around me, they called it a 'leviathan'? I can only presume it's what caused the lights in the sky a week after the stars fell."
Phyllis: "We can investigate, at least."
Cadagyr: "There's an entrance to the cavern through the college's foyer, but there might be other entrances to the cavern system if you ask around."
Chandrasekhar side-eyes Zane. "I imagine it can be blown to bits. Think that would solve our wandering Gidim problem?"
Zane: "Every time I have a problem to solve, I simply light it on fire. Then we BOTH have problems to solve."
Phyllis: "I didn't expect you to know the last words of the great archmage Bortles."
Zane: "Some tactics transcend the divide between warriors and scholars."
Garrett: "In any case, we're going in."
Phyllis: "Do we particularly care about finding another entrance?"
Gerald: "Gunna kill 'em all anyway so not really."
Garrett: "Even though you've woken up from their control, I can't say the same for the rest of the guard. That'll depend on your strength, Lord Cadagyr."
Cadagyr: "True. They were mostly listening to my orders, but the Gidim were still exerting their will over them."
Phyllis: "Your son's at the Red Peacock, also. Do you want an escort, or will you be fine on your own?"
Zane: "I'd like some sort of official paperwork that lets me navigate the sealed areas of the city, if its not too much of a problem. It'll keep me from having to neutralize a bunch of your guards."
Cadagyr: "Hmmm. My signature should hopefully be enough, as I'm currently lacking my seal, but let me do something up. I should be fine meeting up with my son, and we can work on trying to restore order. At the very least, you've driven the Gidim into a tizzy and killed some of their forces they had to work with. They don't have an unlimited number here…yet."
Garrett: "Also put out the word to get rid of all this odd cobweb stuff-" he gestures to the stuff they tore down from the bushes.
Aleith|DM: He does up some 'unofficial' gate passes allowing you through under his orders, with his signature. "I'll try to get the guards back under my orders."
Zane: "Thank you."
Garrett: "We believe in you! Now, believe in us."
Ernst: "Not going to lie, it's going to be a rough week for you."
Cadagyr: "I'm just thankful for the revival in the first place. I know you didn't have to do it. I'll dig into my coffers and repay you when I can."
Phyllis: "Eh."
Phyllis shrugs.
Phyllis: "If you want, but if you forget, don't worry about an invoice."
Zane: "Yeah… You'll probably…" He scratches the side of his nose. "How to put it. I'm going to absolutely ruin those fuckers in the clouds, but your people are going to be… under the weather for a bit afterward.
Cadagyr: "How badly are we talking about?"
Zane: "Epsom salts. Your sewers are going to get a workout."
Chandrasekhar: "Just pray you don't accientally start a health fad with it."
Zane laughs.
Cadagyr: "Alright."
Aleith|DM: He heads off to the Red Rooster Cafe to meet up with his son, Dieter.
Aleith|DM: What're you doing now?
Phyllis: "Zane, how are you … deploying?"
Zane: "I'm debating between having the airship do it or salting the industry forges."
Phyllis: "Both will take some time, yes? We have a day."
Phyllis: "Ish."
Zane: "Mm. I am leaning towards the forges, just to make the smoke horrible right out the gate. "
Garrett: "I agree, even if they will need to be cleaned afterwards. But after this, what won't need a good cleaning?"
Gerald: "Faster, too, I'd imagine."
Zane: "Yeah."
Zane: "Assuming the factories get lit. Hardly a garantee given what the Gidim can do."
Garrett: "The good thing is that they aren't completely swarming the -entire- city, just three regions of it…?"
Zane: "Mm. So, we'll see what happens."
Aleith|DM: You work on your preparations while waiting for the Coaltongue to return. The Risuri flagship arrives in the port via the water (even if it does have some unusual attachments thanks to Pemberton Industries…). Thanks to the Cadagyrs' efforts, the navy isn't shocked by the arrival of a Risuri warship, and there's workers on-hand this evening to off-load the shipment of firegems to some of the factories.
Aleith|DM: The factory owners are more-than-happy to get the factories started again, with volunteers to work this evening along with Zane's 'special mix' in the forges.
Phyllis: "Just… take care not to inhale it in."
Aleith|DM: The workers are wearing rags over their mouths and noses at Zane's insistence.
Zane just… silently apologizes in advance. And makes sure the workers are wearing respiratory protection. Even just a wet scarf over the mouth will do.
Aleith|DM: Once the factories are well at work, you head to the eastern district.
Aleith|DM: The Triunfo sits at the highest tier of its hill, and a path weaves through various gardens around the campus walls. The flowers are all withered from the lack of sunlight, but the cloying scent of the cerebral mesh still creates an oddly floral tone. Several archways lead through this wall to the inner garden, though wooden barricades block off all of them.
Aleith|DM: The area is unnaturally creepy: eerie music and creaking trees coming from thin air, angry figures with bloody blades just barely visible at the edge of any sort of lantern or torch-light but never approaching, and false archways in the wall that shudder with morbid moans if anyone comes close, then fade away.
Gerald: "…Is it like passively manifesting Fear or something…?" Says, after reflexively drawing his shotgun at nothing for the fourth time.
Zane: "Entirely possible. Fear is a wonderful tool if used properly."
Aleith|DM: …you feel as if some of the illusions are sloppier than they should be.
Aleith|DM: The air is also starting to become thick with the smoke from the factories.
Zane pulls out a bunch of scarves, douses them with water from a canteen, and passes them to the others.
Phyllis: "Why do you think I've studied illusions so closely?"
Gerald: "Easier to get into the classes for it than it was something cool like conjuration or evocation…?" Gerald grumbles as he scarfs up.
Zane laughs and heads to a barricade, pulling on some gloves before starting to tear it down.
Gerald: "Huh, you know."
Gerald: "You can turn that godrock into any kind of weapon, right? You think a crowbar counts?"
Zane: "I can certaily beat someone to death with it."
Phyllis stares at Gerald for a few moments, contemplating. Her revenge for that remark won't come yet, but.
Gerald: "Would help with tearing this shit off."
Aleith|DM: The barricade comes down with a few minutes' work.
Aleith|DM: Inside the wall, a simple farming garden takes up a large swath of the campus, with limestone walkways and the occasional tasteful topiary. The college hall sits in the center of the campus, a two-story building with a pair of single-story wings. There are no lights on in the building.
Phyllis also commands them, if she can. Mind over matter.
Aleith|DM: The whisper of silken banners fluttering lightly in the breeze disturbs the stillness-as does a series of loud moaning coughs from the air above the campus.
Zane: "Choke on it, you bastards."
Zane makes his way through the garden carefully, alert for any ambushes.
Garrett‘ suppresses a snicker while silently gliding across the ground.
Ernst traisl behind the others. He doesn’t say much but he's smirking from Gerald and Phyllis's banter.
Aleith|DM: Orchestral string music is faintly audible coming from the second story window. Doors enter from multiple directions, but the most obvious approach is the front door, flanked by statues of bears playing cello and tuba.
Garrett: "(Yeah, going to avoid the sounds.)" He maneuvers into a nearby door, looking to get out of the open air.
Aleith|DM: Inside, doors lead to the north wing (for students), south wing (for classes), and back to the headmaster's salon. Stairs lead up to a second floor foyer outside the performance theater. The music gets louder the closer one gets to there.
Aleith|DM: In the foyer, a section of floor has had its wood removed, and is now covered with a tarp.
Gerald‘ glances at the statues, then at Zane.
Zane nods and mouths ’Yes, they can.'
Garrett: "(Pretty impressive, teaching statues to play instruments.)" He maneuvers to the tarp, and lifts up one edge of it with the tip of a non-magical dagger.
Aleith|DM rolled 6#d20+29(1) and got 3 ( Total: 32.0 ) for vs Will
Also rolled 6#d20+29(2) and got 14 [Total: 43.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+29(3) and got 3 [Total: 32.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+29(4) and got 10 [Total: 39.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+29(5) and got 15 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Also rolled 6#d20+29(6) and got 19 [Total: 48.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Zane: "(More musical talent than some students…)"
Total: 238.0, Avg: 10.67
Zane silently sprawls to the floor and freezes, eyes darting around.
Ernst visibly frowns.
Gerald‘ stops for a second, looks around frantically, then quickly maneuvers to position a statue between himself and a wall, then draws his gun.
Aleith|DM: Beneath the tarp descends a stone shaft with ornately-painted orc figures and fantastic acoustics, thirty feet wide. Forty feet down there appears to be a metallic floor, but it undulates like a muscle. With your tremorsense, you can sense a large, open cavern beneath that door, about 40 feet high.
Phyllis grips the sides of her head.
Garrett: "(Something… -massive- down there. And then there’s the thing below it…)" He turns, and briefly pauses when he sees his scrambled comrades.
Gerald: "Did you get it…? Of course you didn't…"
Phyllis: "Horrors beyond comprehension. Even mine."
Zane crab-walks into the shadows and vanishes, moving up the wall like a spider until he is crouched on the second-floor foyer. [Braces of Brachiation]
Aleith|DM: The walls and floor outside the upstairs theater are so thick with cerebral mesh it's easily visible, and it vibrates like strung catgut. The pungent scent of summer flowers exudes from the doorway.
Chandrasekhar: "…eugh…"
Garrett: "…oh, hells."
Zane: "…"
Ernst scrunches up his face.
Garrett: "Uh." He rubs his eyes, and then down to his chin.
Garrett: "Let's… let's burn that stuff."
Gerald: "Yes definitely."
Gerald‘ tosses Garrett a match book.
Chandrasekhar: "Then we’ll have a problem AND they'll have a problem."
Chandrasekhar nods, solemnly.
Garrett‘ backs away from the tarp and moves to scramble up the walls, cutting and flicking a lit match on to the webbing.
Garrett: "We might actually want to check out the music, in teh end."
Zane smiles tightly, his hand creeping slowly to one of the black pouches on his belt as he looks around the doorframe into the music hall.
Garrett: "I can… barely make out movement below that isn’t giant pulsating muscle."
Garrett: "And I don't think the brainfarts are actually good at playing instruments."
Aleith|DM: Within, tall windows on the far side of the room let in the dim glow of distant city light, faintly silhouetting the orchestra. Two aisles descend past sparsely-filled seats, leading to a stage where three dozen musicians play strings, a harpsichord, and percussion, but no wind instruments. Weeping comes from the audience, which consist of dozens of disembodied heads spliced into cerebral mesh, still attached to beating hearts and heaving lungs.
Aleith|DM: These are the bards of the Triunfo Vida who were not smart enough to leave, and their bodies are on stage, hollowed out with exposed rib cages, headless, playing from muscle memory. Only the conductor is still fully intact—the maestro Eusebio Telderon, his body wholly intact but his mind somewhere else.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+29 and got 18 ( Total: 47 ) for vs Will
Gerald: "The… fuck…"
Zane falls to one knee, weeping. Something is obviously wrong. He actually made noise.
Chandrasekhar pauses, utterly still. He will remember this, their last performance. It is the least that he can do.
Aleith|DM rolled 5#d20+29(1) and got 1 ( Total: 30.0 ) for vs Will
Also rolled 5#d20+29(2) and got 3 [Total: 32.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+29(3) and got 12 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+29(4) and got 14 [Total: 43.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Garrett: "…"
Also rolled 5#d20+29(5) and got 2 [Total: 31.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 177.0, Avg: 6.40
Garrett: "No more encores, my dear conductor."
Garrett: "No…"
Garrett: "…no more."
Garrett: "Please, stop."
Garrett‘ hunches forward, hands on knees.
Zane motions for the others to stay clear with a shaky hand. And then pulls that black pouch from his belt.
Aleith|DM: A psychic image of the conductor appears before you. "Ah, welcome to our performance of ’The Contest Between Harmony and Invention'."
Gerald: "Oh thank the Gods this emotion is easier to cope with." Gerald rubs at his face, voice shaking, before lighting up a ciggarette and taking a long drag with his eyes closed.
In a whisper he says, "each movement of the concerto is intended to evoke a different emotion, and our patrons positively drink up the reactions of the audience."
Zane: "This… this is all I can give you. A grand finale." And he flings the pouch into the heart of the rooms webbing. [Insanity Mist]
Phyllis: "does that mean invention wins"
Aleith|DM: The disembodied heads start screaming, though not even remotely in unison, and some sob incoherently.
Aleith|DM: The bodies continue playing.
Gerald: "Can we switch to something more palletable like anger?"
Zane: "Fuck, guessed wrong."
Eusebio: "There's only a couple more movements for this performance. We should be finished in several moments. Anger is fairly early on in the performance if you'd like to stay for teh three hundred and seventy-fourth encore."
Chandrasekhar: "I think… this will be the last performance." His voice is quiet.
Gerald: "Yeeeah no." Another long drag, eyes still closed.
Phyllis raises a hand, seeking to usurp the conductor's position. "Let me interject with a neverending coda." [Revoke Agency]
Aleith|DM: The conductor's body stops moving, and the performance peters out as the 'performers' take a few bars to realize the interruption.
Aleith|DM: The sudden silence feels heavy, but also liberating. [Emotion effects end]
Phyllis: "Any requests?"
Eusebio: "Hey! We weren't finished!"
Phyllis looks over at Chandar.
Gerald: "Uugh that was disgusting. Who the hell would ever want to feel emotions that intensely?"
Garrett: "Show's over!"
Garrett: "Go back to your dorms and write a two-thousand word essay on it!"
Eusebio: "Sir? Are you joking? They can't possibly do that."
Garrett: "Look the fuck around, man!"
Garrett: "They shouldn't be doing what they are -now-!"
Phyllis: "Welcome to the Eladrin musical tradition, where they play the first two verses and skip the third."
Eusebio: "Well, that's what I mean. It's physically impossible for them."
Gerald: "Why are we arguing with a … whatever this is. Kill it and lets move on."
Aleith|DM: He's…not right in the head, either.
Aleith|DM: Well, he's literally not in his head at the moment, to be fair.
Zane: "I'm trying to figure out how to do it quietly, instead of just flinging grenades."
Phyllis: "Garrett, can you … "
Garrett: "Who's arguing! Open fire! Clear all this out!"
Chandrasekhar bows, formally. An Eladrin tradition, after performances, you see. If he weeps, his tears also are invisible.
Gerald: "Oh."
Garrett: "This webbing is feeding the Gidim!"
Aleith|DM: Never mind the droplets on the floor.
Gerald‘ fires a round into each head in turn.
Aleith|DM: The wailing stops shortly thereafter.
Zane: "Done, then." The paired chimes of grenade pins hitting the floor, and then Zane hurls a pair of small metal objects onto the stage.
Aleith|DM: The stage and it’s macabre performers go up in flames, force, and sound. The cerebral mesh in the area soon catches fire.
Zane: "Deja vu."
Aleith|DM: …you may want to make tracks for that tarp and its tunnel.
[OOC] Garrett: "I just been in this place before."
[OOC] Zane: hahahaha
[OOC] Aleith|DM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgMKoQxyWtk
[OOC] Phyllis: Arcane Gate] and all that.
Garrett: "Back to the tarp. There was some wind force covering the top of the hole."
[OOC] Zane: Oh good its the best version
Aleith|DM: Don't think you need to be that fast.
Garrett: "I wonder if it's gone now…"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: the bottom of the shaft, rather, not the top
[OOC] Garrett: woop apologies
Gerald: "Well, now that stupid emotions aren't making me and Zane act like idiots we can probably do something about it, if it is."
[OOC] Garrett: still let's chek it out
Eusebio: "How dare you! I was even planning to offer you a tour down to our patrons." His image is flickering.
Zane: "We'll take care of it. You just… rest now."
Eusebio: "Good luck with that lock." He gives a petulant 'hmph' and fades from sight.
Ernst: "Well. That was a thing."
Chandrasekhar lets out a quiet sigh.
Garrett: "This place isn't ever going to be the same."
Phyllis: "What lock?"
Gerald: "Duno but we can handle a lock."
Zane: "Whatever it is surely has to be less terrible than…" He gestures behind him.
Zane heads down to the tarp and pulls it back.
Garrett‘ heads for the tarp, and dramatically pulls it back!
Aleith|DM: Beneath the tarp descends a stone shaft with ornately-painted orc figures and fantastic acoustics, thirty feet wide. Forty feet down there appears to be a metallic floor, but it undulates like a muscle.
Gerald` flicks his ciggerate down the shaft.
Aleith|DM: -ZAP-
Aleith|DM: There’s a brief flicker of electricity as the cigarette butt lands on the metal.
Gerald: "Huh."
Zane pauses.
Gerald: "You see any way to make it… not do that, Ernst?"
Phyllis peers at it, attempting to sense its nature. [Arcana?]
Ernst takes a loot at it.
Aleith|DM: That metal is not of this world.
Zane looks at the remaining cerebal mesh. Down into the tunnel. Back at the mesh.
Garrett‘ nods at Zane.
Aleith|DM: Thievery check?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Ernst
[OOC] Ernst: Thievery? God OK
Ernst rolled d20+18 and got 16 ( Total: 34.0 )
Aleith|DM: You could set up a grounding cable or pole, at least, which should siphon off most of the electricity into the wall.
Ernst: "Give me a minute and I’ll make it so you don't get fried."
Gerald: "Great."
Ernst proceeds to do just that.
Phyllis: "I may be able to [Knock] it open."
Gerald: "…The floor?"
Phyllis: "Uh."
Phyllis: "Wherever the lock is."
Phyllis: "Nevermind."
Gerald: "Oh. Yeah I'm not worried about the lock at all between you, Garrett, Zane and myself."
Phyllis: "Yeah, though if we need to do it from a distance…"
Gerald: "Just the electric trap that is the ground down there."
Ernst nods. "Electrical current on the other hand… Should be about good now."
Zane will head down to look at things.
Aleith|DM: Once you approach within 5 feet of the metallic flooring, you receive a psychic impression of it being a door in need of a key.
Zane rubs his head. "There's some sort of key to open it."
Gerald: "Want I should shoot a rocket at it?"
Phyllis: "Why bother?"
Phyllis heads down as well, preparing for a use of the Knock ritual.
Ernst floats down last.
Garrett‘ shimmies down.
Aleith|DM: Are you all just…hanging off the wall?
[OOC] Garrett: no we… set up ropes and pitons
Zane: I have a climbing speed, I can sit here for days. [Bracers of brachiation]
Gerald` just kind of waiting at the top. If he needs to shoot anything it’s not like he needs to be down there to do it.
Phyllis just stands above the pit. She doesn't need to touch it for what she's doing.
Aleith|DM: Your ritual doesn't sense a lock.
Phyllis: "…"
Phyllis: "Oh. It doesn't need a key, it needs a KEY."
Garrett: "A subtle, but important, difference."
Zane: "B Flat Major."
Garrett: "…oh wait is that a musical thi-"
Zane shrugs.
Phyllis: "Thank you, Zane."
Zane: "Well. I'm not much of a musician."
Phyllis: "Chandra, would you do us the honors?"
Chandrasekhar clears his throat, steps forward: the thing he sings is an elegy, but rather than mourning what has fallen, it celebrates the ruins left behind. It is short, and to the point, a passage from Vekesh, the melody composed on the fly. It will suffice.
Aleith|DM: You're going to have to touch the flooring while doing that.
Chandrasekhar can teleport. It ain't a thing.
Aleith|DM: Intelligence check to make a psychic connection.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: ½ level + int mod
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+14 and got 5 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: You fail to make the connection.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+29 and got 10 ( Total: 39 ) for vs Ref
Garrett: "Hmm…"
Aleith|DM rolled 4d10+80,50% and got 3, 1, 2, 5 ( Total: 45.5 )
Aleith|DM: You take 45 lightning damage.
Garrett: "I… -sort of- understand it?"
Aleith|DM: ZAP
Gerald: "Uh."
Gerald: "…You okay?"
Ernst: "That sounded painful at least."
Chandrasekhar: "…never recieved -quite- a shocking reaction to a song before, but I'll survive."
Phyllis: "Hm."
Chandrasekhar: "It… resisted my mind."
Garrett: "I'll give it a shot."
Gerald: "This sounds really dumb."
Garrett‘ slides down a rope to the bottom, clears his mind, except for a single note. He reaches out with his mind, and a hand.
Aleith|DM: Bluff check?
Garrett` rolled 1d20+22 and got 16 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM: The aperature opens…dumping you into a pit of acid 40 feet below you.
Phyllis provides another [Arcane Gate] if she can. Uh.
Gerald` rubs at his face.
Aleith|DM: Dexterity check?
Zane tries to catch garrett before he falls.
Garrett` rolled 1d20+21 and got 5 ( Total: 26 ) for that’s half level plus dex mod, anything else
Aleith|DM: Okay, you stagger slightly on the rope, but are otherwise fine.
Aleith|DM: Below you, the overwhelming scent of flowers clashes horribly with the underlying odor of rot and blood within this circular chamber. Spherical niches along the floors, walls, and ceiling hold ragged bits of flesh. Grotesque remnants of humanoid bodies fused to the walls, and an inch-deep layer of unknown effluvia swirls in slow eddies along the floor.
Garrett‘ suppresses a yelp, and so it comes out like a strangled snort.
Aleith|DM: …there’s several Gidim Shock Troopers and some Gidim Infiltrators in the chamber, around a large pit of acid directly beneath the shaft.
Gerald: "So how much of this is Ber Bullshit and how much is Gidim Shenanagins?"
Zane: "I think this is prettymuch all them."
Chandrasekhar: "I… certainly don't remember anything like…" For once, even his voice wavers.
Zane exhales slowly. "Time to get to work." And prepares to drop off the wall into the belly of the beast.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License