Zg Session 11

Aleith|DM: It's just after 4PM on Summer 3rd, 500 AV. You've just caught a couple of gnomes and few guards for the apothecary next door. The male, Blander Waryeye, also known as the House Elf, a stage magician, has something to do with an exchange with some Crisillyiri smugglers with The Family.
Gerald: "Well that was sillier than expected."
Garrett‘ exhales. "You’re telling me. Gas trap in the hallway?"
Chandrasekhar: "Gnomes."
Gerald: "Badgers!"
Zane: "They were kinda cute."
Ernst: "Good thing I took the top route and cut them off. They may have actually ran off with all their little tricks otherwise."
Garrett: "That's why you're the next director of the RHC, Ernst."
Ernst: "I trust the more capable of the group can get what we need from them."
Zane: "You're working out well, yeah."
Ernst: "Interrogation isn't my strong suit. Or people in general, really."
Gerald‘ kicks at the gnome with his foot. "Are you even still conscious?"
Zane: "Interrogation is easy. Especially when they have already given us a couple of big boxes full of water."
Aleith|DM: Which gnome?
Gerald: The one we just cuffed! I can’t remember which one that is, though. They all look alike to me.
Aleith|DM: Blander, the magician? Or the one from the apothecary?
[OOC] Garrett: the magician
Garrett: "Get some gold rings on them, too."
Garrett: "Don't know what other tricks they have up their sleeves and we don't have time for a cavity search."
Zane: "Only gold ring I have makes it hard to talk."
Zane mage-cuffs them instead.
Aleith|DM: Probably a good idea, since the first thing Blander did to make his escape was teleport.
Blander: "Nghhhh. Did someone get the number on that carriage?"
Gerald: "It was a shotgun." Gerald waves the barrel in front of his face.
Zane: "Good news, it cane back for another lap."
Blander: "Oh. Well, that sounds more painful."
Phyllis: "Nah. You wouldn't be alive to feel it."
Aleith|DM: He winces. "And feels that way, too."
Blander: "Well, what do you want? The secrets to preserving goat milk for travel?"
Zane: "Oh man that sounds really handy."
Zane: "But no."
Zane: "We want to know about your deal with the Family."
Phyllis cracks her knuckles, and a Mage Hand floating in midair imitates her gesture. "Details on your deal with the Family. Or with the ones in the Cloudswood. Don't know which half you are."
Blander: "Oh. That. Right. I think the handful of shot to the face knocked some marbles loose."
Gerald: "I shot you in the leg!"
Blander: "Close enough!"
Gerald‘ blinks.
Garrett: "On a gnome that’s really close, yeah."
Phyllis: If she were feeling more comical today, she'd probably remark to Zane something about how it's easy and you just take some salt and an atomizer.
Garrett: "But enough of that."
Phyllis: But she's not feeling it today.
He shakes his head. "Okay, so what are you charging me with, exactly. I don't think running warrents the kind of response you brought down on me like a hammer. Or my wife, for that matter."
Gerald: "I am like,"
Aleith|DM: Speaking of, is she nearby?
Phyllis: "I was trying to say you weren't even in trouble."
Phyllis: "Then you started running."
Gerald: "A hundrand percent sure I told you I was gunna shoot you if you resisted arrest,"
Chandrasekhar: "This all -could- have been much easier, yes."
Gerald: "and then you threw flaming badgers at us."
Garrett: "Brandishing a lethal honey badger is an offence. And then you had three of them."
Phyllis: Penal code MB-344 appendix C.
Phyllis:
Blander: "You shot me! They love me! What else were they gonna do?"
Phyllis: Nope, still not feeling it.
Chandrasekhar: "It can still, in fact, be much easier, if we skip the… pleasantries."
Garrett: "Out with it, 'House Elf.'"
[OOC] Gerald: There's probably like, a stack of people cuffed and what not nearby yeah.
Aleith|DM: Okay
Garrett: "What's and where's it going down between the Crisillyiri and The Family."
Zane: "The non witty banter version of this conversation is 'I'm RHC and you're in cahhots with Gale, so I have the authority to torture you for information.' I'm just letting everybody else have theor fun before I get to work."
Phyllis glances at Garrett. "The Cloudswood. Family are from Crissilyri in the first place."
Aleith|DM: Dansica, the other gnome, speaks up just as Blander opens his mouth. "Can we cut a deal? Maybe reduce our sentence, cut down or reduce the sentence in exchange for the details of the…exchange?"
Phyllis nods at Dansica. "Glad you can see to reason."
Phyllis: "That's what we were trying to offer initially."
Phyllis: "Before the altercation."
Phyllis: "… At least I was."
Danisca: "And can you try to leave the security out of this? They were just doing what we paid them to do, they don't have anything to do with the deal."
Phyllis: "Sure."
Phyllis: "Since we had to chase you down, though, would you be willing to go a little extra and help out with a sting operation?"
Phyllis: "If we worked out things peacefully beforehand, we probably would have been fine with just information."
Aleith|DM: Danisca and Blander glance at each other, and after several seconds, they both nod.
Danisca: "Okay, that's fair enough."
Phyllis glances at the others.
Danisca: "Alright. My husband honestly hasn't been in on this as much as I have, although he was originally going to go with Nilasa with to the meetup, until…well… I heard about what happened to her."
Chandrasekhar nods to Phyllis.
Danisca: "Ever since the, uh, former Duchess made her stand last month, I've been selling alchemicals to Gale's people."
Danisca: "Including Nilasa, poor girl."
Ernst: "You are aware of what happened to her, right?"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 4 lines up
[OOC] Ernst: I' good at this
Danisca: "The meeting's happening tomorrow night. Blander and I were going to meet our side of things at a dock here on Pine Island, two hours after sunset."
Phyllis: "Understandable enough. I don't agree with her methods, but I sympathize with her motivations."
Zane: "Have the Family contacts seen Nilasa before?"
Danisca: "I don't know where the meet up with the Crisylliri is happening exactly, other than near an uninhabited rock in The Ayres islands."
Chandrasekhar: "Any idea why the Family in specific are involved?"
Danisca: "The man captaining the ship we're riding on is Deorn Feldman, but I don't think he's Family, per se, just working with them."
Danisca: "The wands in the deal are from Crisillyir. Some are for Gale and the Cloudwood, but I think the rest are for the Family."
Zane: "What do the wands do?"
Danisca: "A lot of different ones, I think."
Zane: "So were you meeting the captain here and riding out to the meeting?"
Danisca: "That's right."
Chandrasekhar: "I suppose meddling in the internal affairs of this country is just the thing to do this season."
Danisca: "Originally Nilasa and Blander were going to go to the meeting, while I would stay behind to let Gale know if there was any trouble, but…"
Zane: "Oh good. Then all we have to do is ride along."
Garrett: "We're better security than the help." He nods to the other tied up dudes.
Phyllis: "We're meeting with Gale next anyhow. At … least I presume that's who sent the message. And whose canary this is."
Chandrasekhar: "Yes."
Aleith|DM: The canary's perched up on the rafters right now, yes
Ernst stretches before nodding. "No objections, I hope?"
Gerald: "Man, it'd be pretty funny if it was from some *other* weird fey lady named Gale that just liked our style huh?"
Zane: "I would laugh."
Ernst: "I'm not sure funny is the right word."
Aleith|DM: That's pretty much all the info they have. What now? Dropping them off at HQ?
Phyllis: There are really three Gales, each one taking the mantle as necessary to keep up appearances. … nope, still not feeling the jokes.
Phyllis: "We'll hold you until we're ready for your assistance again."
Zane: You see the name is the important thing. Nobody would surrender to the dread pirate wesley…
[OOC] Gerald: Yeah probably
Phyllis: "After that, you're free to go."
Danisca: "Thank you."
Phyllis: "And for future reference, don't get involved with The Family."
Garrett‘ is really careful about how he guides the prisoners through the warehouse, because there’s still a lot of volatile stuff about
Zane: "It makes the RHC come looking for you."
Blander: "Sounds like a plan!"
Phyllis: "It makes me come looking for them."
Aleith|DM: Okay. You head back to your ship, sail across the harbour, then head back to HQ and drop off the Waryeyes. There's still plenty of time to grab dinner before your appointment.
Aleith|DM: At 7, the canary starts singing and circling around you again.
Gerald‘ likes that plan. Also resist the urge to blow the bird out of the air.
Zane feels like a Disney princess. Does not burst into song.
Aleith|DM: It seems like it wants you to follow it.
Garrett` gets antsy about being tailed, even by just a magical bird. Doesn’t think twice about how they sent a magical toy soldier to find the doctor earlier.
Gerald‘ will follow the bird then!
Phyllis: "Seems it’s about that time."
Phyllis follows behind.
Aleith|DM: The canary guides you to the Cloudwood, down wild trails and up lush hills, before finally stopping at the top of a three hundred-foot high waterfall with a clear view of the eastern horizon. Ernst and Gerald recognize the cascade as the Bridal Veil, a romantic icon of folk poetry and the site of several famous weddings.
Aleith|DM: The river that feeds the waterfall rolls over a eighty-foot wide cliff, spreading the cascade into a thin sheet that at dawn can illuminate the whole valley with the sun’s reflection. Wildflowers wreathe the cliffs and dot the few boulders that hang near the falls' edge. Hummingbirds flit about, and they seem to pay close attention to the party’s presence.
Gerald‘ glances around when they get to the top. Looks up towards the bird. "The uh. The rings we keep on us are just to prevent teleportation, not… not for proposals, jsut, for the record."
Garrett: "That’s why it's always a gold ring, you know."
Zane: "You cad, I thought we had something special."
Garrett: "It's worth something and it says, 'you can never get away from me, ever.'"
Phyllis snickers at Garrett.
Gerald: "That's kinda dark, Garrett."
Aleith|DM: Gale, dressed in a flowing, pale blue dress, with long black hair, emerges from the treeline on the opposite shore of the waterfall, and she holds out a hand. The canary that guided the party flies to her, and when it touches her hand it disappears.
Phyllis: "Please. I needed that laugh."
Aleith|DM: Gale then steps off a high rock and glides a few feet above the surface of the water, stepping on three boulders over the 80-ft. river as easily as if hopping a narrow stream. She lands on the shore by the party, nods to them, and says, "thank you for coming."
Phyllis nods gruffly at Gale. "And thanks for meeting us."
Garrett: "Evenin'."
Zane: "I hope this is good. No offense, but standing here not arresting you makes my tusks itch."
Gale nods. "I'm sure, and I appreciate that."
Gale: "I have a contact: a courier to the Unseen Court who lets me call him Ellik. He's an eerie creature, dwells in shadows, but is loyal to the court and has a fondness for this nation which treated his people well for so many years."
Gale: "Just over a month ago, when the last new moon was aligned with the planet Nem, Ellik arranged for me to walk with him into the Bleak Gate. I will spare you the details of that journey’s emotional toll, but during the few hours that night when I could see into the dark side of the world, I discovered something."
Gale: "There is activity in that mirror image of Flint. Not much. I never saw anyone other than my guide. Most of the buildings are hollow, like abandoned shells of dead sea creatures. But there are no echoes, and no wind blows, so you can hear footsteps from miles away. And in the distant gloom I saw torches and lanterns, lights that the denizens of that world would never need. Their path ran along the canal, to the still analogue of Parity Lake, and then up toward the Nettles. I did not have the time to get close, but I heard churning there, and saw smoke and steam drifting into the starless sky."
Chandrasekhar inclines his head, politely. More respectfully than you might expect, when it comes to an officer of the RHC and a known terrorist, but Chandra's the polite sort. And he listens.
Gale: "They are working, assembling something, hidden right where we can't see it, on the other side of our shadow. My Nilasa found a clue. I sent her on a mission, and she found the truth, and they killed her for it. I am furious at her murderers, but Nevard has made me realize that this conflict is larger than my selfish desire for revenge."
Gale: "Unfortunately, I can't return to the Bleak Gate, nor show you what I saw. The same alignment with Nem will not repeat for decades, and I have not yet found another way into that world. But I do have proof of my own."
Aleith|DM: She produces a tiny vellum book from her belt and offers it.
Gale: "This is a copy of a ritual that will detect various energies, though you have to have been exposed to what you’re seeking. It’s worthless to most people, but I have been to the Bleak Gate, and I believe that when you were with Nevard so did you, or at least you touched the veil."
Gale: "I've flown across this city, trying to find sources. In some place the stink of it bleeds through naturally, especially on Cauldron Hill, but I've followed trails. The night after Nilasa was murdered, I found a strong source at the consulate, and I tracked it across three districts before I lost it. And too often I’ve found it clinging to factories, or in the foyers of rich businessmen."
Gale: "There is a conspiracy afoot. The Danorans are involved, and industrialists in this city, and some third force in the Bleak Gate. They've already killed to protect their secrets. We need to find out what their goal is."
Phyllis offers her hand to take the book - if given it, she flips through the ritual, inspecting it.
Chandrasekhar raises an eyebrow, one corner of his mouth quirking up in a faint smile. "Ah." He reaches out, for the book, hands it to Phyllis.
Aleith|DM: It's a ritual for Detect Planar Energy
[OOC] Aleith|DM: See http://storagebin.wikispaces.com/ZG-Magic+Items at the bottom
Zane: "So wait."
Chandrasekhar: "Risur's egg has been stirring for some time now, hasn't it? One wonders what rough dragon might come slithering forth."
Gale: "I don't want to wait for it to 'slither out'."
Zane: "The Dano- no can we *not* dragons please thank you- rans, local industrialists, and some mysterious force from another dimension?"
Chandrasekhar: "See? You already get along."
Gale nods to Zane.
Zane: "You're serious."
Gale: "Of course."
Chandrasekhar: "If you trust me, and you trust any of my people's nose for the arcane… I'd take her seriously, myself."
Garrett: "IT'd be bad form to go through all this hassle and not be."
Chandrasekhar: "Besides, it does explain all the facts."
Phyllis: "We've been seeing their efforts. Maybe in isolation, so far."
Gerald: "Didn't we kind of know all of this already…?"
Gerald: "Well aside from people building stuff on the other side, I guess."
Chandrasekhar: "Not all of it. But enough of it that our stories match up rather nicely."
Chandrasekhar: "Can I ask you something, Gale?"
Gale: "What, sir?"
Zane rubs his face. "I can't believe I am not-arresting you for this. But OK. I dunno shit about magic, and Singh knows I'll garrote him if he's backing you just becuase you're Eladrin."
Gerald: "By which I mean, I'm still not entirely sure what she thinks she's bringing to the table." Gerald shrugs.
Phyllis: "If I trust her, Zane, would that cinch it?"
Chandrasekhar: "Why in the name of the Light that loves us and wishes us to live did you and our people not-" -he looks pained, shakes his head. "Nevermind, I know the answer to that is 'court politics' without even having to ask."
Gale: "…more than likely."
Zane handwobbles at Phyllis.
Phyllis lightly elbows zane in the - well, her elbow can probably just reach up to his pelvis.
Chandrasekhar: "I've clearly spent too long over on this side, but I find I like it here. You may want to give it a try. Consider who your- our- enemies are, and are not."
Zane: "OK so mysterious shadow man at the Embassy is in fact apparently from shadow-Flint an- hey whoa now."
Gale: "If you can find out who exactly killed Nilasa, and why, I'll do my best to calm my people and stop the attacks on industrial targets."
Phyllis nods at Gale. "Pick out the individuals. Most of the factory owners are garbage - Heward Sechim's good people, though."
Phyllis: "I take it the arsonists aren't yours."
Gale: "Eventually, I hope I can be of service to the city, and perhaps earn an audience with Governor Stanfield to press for formal negotiations."
Gale: "Arsonists? No, of course not. They are suspicious, though."
Garrett: "Her people would be more like tornado-ists."
Chandrasekhar: "That would be preferable to… tactics you've previously employed, yes." Pause. "Which reminds me:"
Aleith|DM: She laughs.
Gerald‘ is sort of rapidly loading and unloading one of his guns, glances at Gale. "…If she can get the attacks on the factories to stop I don’t have any objections."
Phyllis: "They were probably trying to cause an incident and pin it on you."
Zane: "Or they'll huff, and puff, and blow your firesand refinery up…"
Phyllis: "Fits your M.O."
Gale: "Close enough to it, anyway."
Phyllis: "Except instead of actually furthering your cause, they were bullying perhaps the one person you would have gotten along with. Nilasa sure did."
Gerald: "Attack the factories doesn't hurt the owners nearly as much as the people that ain't got no where else to work, anyway."
[OOC] Gerald: attacking^
Gale: "Heward seemed nice, from what Nilasa told me. If only more of the owners could be like him."
Chandrasekhar walks towards Gale, slowly, making an odd mudra with his hand that she'd recognise, murmurs something in Elvish, pulls something out of a pocket and hands it to Gale.
Phyllis: "… yeah. Heward cares for the people working under him. You know what I mean."
Phyllis: "Just trying to say that she shouldn't … give copycast ideas."
[OOC] Phyllis: copycats
Zane: "Alright. Heel your dogs while we work on this. Its bad enough having to deal with a bunch of other external threats without you adding problems to the mix. In exchange you get a limited cease fire, and my word I'll come tell you myself if it gets called off."
Aleith|DM: She takes the object, glances at it, and puts it in a bag, before murmuring something back to Chandrasekhar.
Phyllis: "Anyhow."
Phyllis: "There's another matter still. One issue to take care of before we're on the same page."
Aleith|DM: She nods to Chandrasekhar, then hands 4 golden feathers and…something spherical, but invisible, to Chandrasekhar.
Chandrasekhar gives Gale a serious look, murmurs something in response, takes the objects and carefully stows them away, nods, steps back a few paces.
Gale: "Take this messenger wind. I will keep one feather, and the other four you can use to communicate with each other. As long as you're within 30 miles, you can reach me with this, or with any of the other feathers.
Garrett: "Gonna just… hide these from the office until it's over."
Chandrasekhar: "If anyone causes trouble, they can speak to me." Mostly that's for the rookies' benefit, really.
Gale: "Up to you. You could give one to your boss to communicate more easily with them, too."
Aleith|DM: Gale looks at Phyllis. "Yes…?"
Chandrasekhar is also glancing at Phyllis rather curiously.
Garrett‘ stares at Phyllis, to add to the dramaticism.
Gerald` gives Chandrasekhar a look, still loading and unload his gun rapidly.
Gale: "I know I likely can’t convince Risur to abandon technology altogether, but I want to do anything I can to protect some people and places from its effects."
Ernst glances at Gerald. He's staying silent for the time being until a call is made.
Phyllis: "Your deal with the Family. If you really care about Risur, you'll keep their influence out."
Garrett: "Better the devil you know, am I right?"
Phyllis: "They are the devil I know."
Phyllis: "Rather keep them away."
Zane: "Anything that puts Phyllis' back up like this can't be good news."
Garrett‘ was talking to Gale oops, trying to support Phyllis’ point, but this works too
Phyllis: Yup! She interjected anyway.
Chandrasekhar: "I can't understand what moon-addled idiot decided getting even remotely in the vicinity of Crisillyur's bed was a good plan, but I do intend to find out."
Gale: "I'll see what I can do about disengaging from them in the future."
Phyllis: "What's your purpose with the deal tomorrow? If we're in this together, I don't want to weaken your efforts."
Phyllis: "
Phyllis: "But I can't in good conscience just let it go on."
Gerald: "I don't think information recon really needs anything a combat wand would provide, anyway."
Chandrasekhar: "I'd like to hope it's no longer necessary with us in the picture. Desperation can lead to some strange things, after all."
Phyllis nods and holds up the book. "If we're really on the same page…"
Gale: "You know about that? Hmmmm."
Aleith|DM: She sighs. "I suppose I can talk to Morgan and call it off."
Zane: "There may be hope for you yet."
Garrett‘ nods. "It’s appreciated."
Chandrasekhar: "We're not all crazy, Zane. Just me."
Phyllis nods again. "Makes things easier on the Waryeyes, too."
Garrett: "It would have been a lot of paperwork and blood in the water."
Aleith|DM: She thinks for a bit. "This is probably burning some bridges, but… You'll just bust it up anyway, I'm sure."
Phyllis: "They - they're bridges worth being burned."
Gerald: "Oh yeah. That's the sort of thing they authorize lethal force for."
Gale: "Not just with The Family, I mean. Some locals too."
Zane: "Well look at it this way. Either you tell them its blown and let them duck out, which saves your contact, or yes we bust them and drop them in the deepest hole we can find."
Chandrasekhar: "If they were dealing with the Family… probably still bridges better off burnt."
Chandrasekhar: "If we show up to an empty dancefloor, well, that's their lucky day, isn't it?"
Gale: "Alright. The deal's being made with my money, so if we pull that, it's over. I can't promise it won't happen, but I won't be involved."
Chandrasekhar nods.
Gale: "One more thing, now that I think of it. Nevard is hosting a rally tomorrow at Noon, in Dawn Square. About his vision from last night. Can you talk to your boss and see if you can protect him? I'd feel better knowing you're keeping an eye on him."
Phyllis: "It's probably possible to ambush them as a sting operation with your side's assistance and blessing. You'd probably be able to save face."
Phyllis: "Feel like it's worth the effort?"
Phyllis: " - and yeah. Nevard's good people."
Gale: "Would I lose the gold?"
Gale: "Actually, it's probably best to call it off."
Phyllis: "Can't say either way."
Phyllis nods. "Glad we could come to an understanding."
Gale: "Unless you'd rather catch the Crysilliri in the act, it's a lot safer for everyone involved if it doesn't happen."
Gerald‘ pauses his reloading cycle for a moment to levle his gun at Gale for a moment, then shrugs as he sends the shells into the air while shrugging. He then resumes loading and unloading the gun.
Chandrasekhar sounds cold: "It’s tempting. …but, no."
Garrett‘ deliberately walks over to Gerald, and puts his hands on the guy’s wrists.
Gale glares at Gerald.
Chandrasekhar lets Garrett handle the rookie.
Aleith|DM: There's some sparks dancing around her hand as she does.
Ernst chuckles lightly at Gerald.
Gerald‘ rolls his eyes.
Phyllis: "You’ll, uh. Have to pardon some of the rookies."
Chandrasekhar flashes Gale a mudra of calm and safety. No need to have this go up in sparks, Gerald's got a good head on his shoulders, it'll be fine.
Aleith|DM: She flashes back a sign of acceptance.
Garrett: "Sit still. Stop fidgeting."
Garrett: "Something else that a dad would say."
Gerald: "The fidgeting is mostly to keep myself preoccupied so I don't do something stupid."
Zane: "Don't make me turn this meeting around."
Garrett: "Yeah, well, it didn't work."
Gale: "Alright, you'll find Nilasa, I'll stop my people from doing anything crazy and talk to the Family about calling off the deal."
Garrett‘ looks back over his shoulder. "Anything else," he says to Phyllis, Chandra.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: *Nilasa’s murderer
Chandrasekhar: "I think this is probably our cue to part ways, yes."
Gerald‘ opens his mouth to say something, thinks better of it.
Gerald: "Yeah pretty much." Is all he says instead.
Zane: "Sounds agreeable."
Phyllis: "And help play bodyguard to Nevard. But agreed."
Gerald: "The attacks stopping are the important thing here." Probably mostly saying that for himself.
Aleith|DM: She nods. "Farewell, then." She leaps off the cliff, and down the waterfull, before soaring away down at river level.
Chandrasekhar isn’t going to disagree with Gerald on that one, really. It -is- their actual job, after all. Chasing mystical bullshit is just a side project until kaiju start happening.
Gerald: "What a thrice damned hypocrit."
Gerald: "Oh well."
Ernst was pretty sure their actual job was to track down and apprehend Gale but hey who's keeping track.
Zane walks over to Gerald, claps a hand on his shoulder. "Believe me, that's the only reason she gets to leave on her own. If she hadn't agreed to stop the attacks, it would have gone down here and now."
Chandrasekhar pats Gerald on the shoulder. "You did good. Thank you. Remember, you make peace with your enemies, not your friends."
Gerald‘ nods. "Yeah."
Phyllis was pretty sure their actual job was to keep peace in Risur above all else but hey who’s keeping track.
Gerald: "Anyway."
Chandrasekhar: "Phyllis."
Phyllis: "She still has a little more to go to make amends. But this is progress."
Phyllis: "What?"
Garrett: "Regardless, let's still be ready for a scrap."
Chandrasekhar: "…thank you."
Garrett: "If they don't show that's fine, if they do, then they're pretty dumb."
Gerald: "What was up with make believe birthday exchange anyway?"
Phyllis: "Nevard's rally is at noon tomorrow. When's the deal?"
Zane grins at Garret and flashes his iron-studded garotte, letting the metal tick through his hands like a string of prayer beads.
Garrett: "At least Nevard's little demonstration was known to us beforehand- we can at least keep track of his followers and make sure they don't do anything crazy too."
Phyllis waves Chandra off. It's just how she operates.
Chandrasekhar: "Something that'll come in handy later."
Garrett: "Two hours after sunset is the now-possibly aborted deal."
Garrett: "So we should likely have enough time to make both events."
Garrett: "What a busy dance card."
Phyllis: "Tomorrow, right? Right."
Garrett: "Right."
Ernst: "Tomorrow, yeah."
Zane: "Plenty of time to sleep.
Phyllis: "Danorans, industrialists - " she looks the book over, " - shadow plane. Hm."
Garrett: "Yeah, it's going to be a wild year."
Zane: "Shadow plane."
Aleith|DM: Okay, so that's probably all for today? How much about your meeting with Gale are you putting in your report, if at all?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: today in gametime
[OOC] Aleith|DM: not the session
[OOC] Phyllis: How much are other people comfortable with saying?
[OOC] Garrett: does anyone ever read these, anyway… )
Aleith|DM: Deflt does!
[OOC] Ernst: Ernst is reporting everything since he isn't happy with the outcome but he's rolling with it anyways >.>
Gerald‘ is putting it in there, figured boss man will probably want to know. Emphasizes that cooperation hinges on Gale stopping her lunatics from bombing the city, and that the group decided that took precidence of arrest a head willing to negotiation and putting an unknown loking for revenge in command.
[OOC] Gerald: -of arresting +over arresting
Zane is giving Delft the full rundown unless there’s a reason not to. Along with a note to the effect of 'if she doesnt keep her word I'm going to go strangle her myself OK? OK.'
Garrett‘ writes all that mess and added ’hope we have a lot of mage cuffs in the future, also demon dungeons.'
Aleith|DM: The next morning, Zane, you have a message on your desk from Ouranos Klim.
Zane: "Oh boy…"
Zane opens and reads.
Aleith|DM: The note says that people are reporting an intense uneasy feeling in a several-block area, not far from Dawn Square, and the air smells like burnt engine grease. The oddity just started last night.
Zane: "… Shit. I don't believe in coincidince."
Aleith|DM: Delft talks to you about your report the next morning, and by talk, I mean there's a lot of shouting. He calms down after a bit, but he's less than thrilled. Ultimately, he trusts your judgment, but the higher-ups aren't going to like it.
Zane: "Alright, squad. Heads up, we've got bad shit popping up near where Nevard's holding his speech."
Aleith|DM: He does ask you to be security for Nevard's rally, though.
Gerald‘ is pretty sure half the group looks about as enthused as Delft, honestly.
[OOC] Garrett: "hey we get results. I’m sorry you can't see that sitting behind a desk. Also aleith kept threatening us with 'module 5'."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: lol
Chandrasekhar will take responsibility for this one, really.
Phyllis interjects, alongside Chandra.
Garrett‘ is real undine about this, but he’s like 'yeah I wasn't feeling it either…'
Aleith|DM: He nods. "If both of you say so, then we'll see how it goes."
[OOC] Garrett: w/r/t arresting them
Zane nods at Delft. "Look, I'll be honest. I dont give a shit about her vision. She might be full of it, it might be real. All I know is she agreed to halt her attacks. Which is more important to me in the short term than locking her in a cell. We bag her, her cronies go apeshit, god knows how much of the city burns."
Delft: "Also a good point."
Zane: "This is just breathing room. She'll get hers, like I promised the rooks."
Delft: "While you were out yesterday, we got a note for you from Doctor Camp in North Shore."
Zane: "Yeah?"
Phyllis: "Go on."
Aleith|DM: He hands you a letter. "The doctor says he got this from Wolfgang."
Garrett: "Hope he's seeing the light."
Aleith|DM: The letter asks Camp to try to arrange safe passage out of the city for him, and alludes that he has made deals with criminals in order to avoid a monster that he thinks is chasing him. Wolfgang directs Camp to contact Lynn Kindleton at Pardwight University, who will know how to get in touch with him.
Zane: "Beautiful. The reverse-golem is hunting the good doctor."
Delft: "Zane, you said there was something happening near the Square?"
Phyllis: "Ah. The payoff of the plan to avoid funding the criminal element."
Garrett: "Good, fuck Kell."
Zane: "Yeah, got word of 'intense feelings of unease and the smell of burning oil' in a few-block area near there. Ring any bells for anybody else?"
Gerald: "That gunk we found in the alley near the embassy?"
Garrett: "Jeez, that's a familiar feeling. The latter, at least."
Zane: "That's my thoughts, yeah."
Chandrasekhar: "Mmm. Good as certain."
Phyllis: "Industrialists and shadow."
Zane: "I want to hit it before the rally, if we can."
Delft: "That certainly sounds like it bears investigating. You'll be in the area for Nevard's rally anyway."
Delft: "The rally's not for a couple of hours, so if you can track it down before then, you should have time."
Zane: "Too much potential for collateral if we do it during."
Phyllis: "We should go, then."
Chandrasekhar: "Better that than be surprised when all hell breaks loose during the rally."
Garrett: "Gonna be time to break out that ritual?"
Zane is already headed for the door.
Phyllis: "Shouldn't take more than a few minutes, Garrett."
Delft nods, and wishes you luck.
Gerald‘ rolls out of his seat and follows after Zane.
Phyllis taps Ernst on the shoulder.
Garrett` nods and hops out of his seat.
Ernst glances to his side. "What did you need help with?"
Phyllis offers the book from Gale. "Would you like to do the honors this time?"
Aleith|DM: When you get near Dawn Square, which is in Bosum Strand, by the way, Garrett hears dozens of screaming voices echoing through the streets, which at least points you in the general direction from the Square.
Aleith|DM: It’s not enough to pinpoint the location, but narrows down the search, at least.
Chandrasekhar: "Fun's already started?"
Ernst frowns. "Given those screams I'm not sure we have time."
[OOC] Phyllis: I - okay can one of us cast the ritual before leaving or shortly after we get there, we sorta timeskipped
[OOC] Phyllis: also 'garrett hears' doesn't necessarily mean everyone else does
[OOC] Phyllis: for reasons
Aleith|DM: After you get there is fine.
Garrett: "Ugh. I'm not nearly high enough for this." His face drains of color.
[OOC] Ernst: Either way we did time skip so assuming we cast the ritual before it becomes relevent
Aleith|DM: Yep
[OOC] Phyllis: BOTH OF US THEN
Zane looks at Garrett. "Bad?"
Garrett‘ begins to cold sweat. "Go ahead and cast the ritual whenever and brace yourselves, because it’s strong."
Aleith|DM: The ritual allows you to follow a pretty strong trail from near Dawn Square.
Aleith|DM: Along the way, you notice odd slicks of oil in the streets which burn to the touch.
Gerald‘ hands Garrett a ciggarette, which he just… seems to always have on hand dispite you never having seen him smoke.
Ernst: "How bad do you think the situation is?"
Aleith|DM: The trail leads to a gated warehouse.
Garrett: "I know you don’t put a lot of stock into the visions and such, but- thanks" he says, accepting the cigarette from Gerald. "-but this feeling is dark as fuck, built on a lot of bodies. Souls? Damned if I even know what they use to power some of this."
Garrett: "I figured it was bad if even non-talkers were feeling it, but hah-"
Garrett: "Guess I should have really expected the worst."
Zane: "Hey. You, I know and trust."
Chandrasekhar looks at Garrett, concerned. "…hang in there."
Gerald: "Well, as long they guns still hurt 'em we should be okay."
Garrett: "I'll deal. Like swimmin' in a cold river, the shock will pass."
Garrett‘ grins. "Yeah, bullets should still work."
Garrett: "That kinda thing doesn’t often change."
Gerald‘ nods seriously!
Aleith|DM: Okay, so the warehouse has a large entrance at the front, wide double-doors.
Aleith|DM: A couple of windows are set in the wall a couple stories up, front and back.
[OOC] Zane: any visible security?
Gerald: "I reckon stealth isn’t terrible important for this…?"
Aleith|DM: The back has a couple of large piles of barrels and crates, though you can see a door peeking through each of the piles
Aleith|DM: No security outside.
Phyllis: "Can you pinpoint anything, Ernst?"
Zane: "I suppose it would be hypocritical in the extreme for me to recommend we bar the doors and burn it down, huh."
Ernst shakes his head. "Seems barren to me."
Garrett: "Fire should still work, too…"
Zane adjusts his cloak with one hand, and brushes the other down its front. "Alright. Hang back a minute."
Gerald: "We probably what to know what we're dealing with in case they have more anyway, Zane."
Zane: "That's what I'm gonna try and find out, yeah."
Zane: "I dont actually want to burn down a warehouse in the middle of this place."
Garrett: "We're officers, not firemen, anyway."
Garrett‘ backs up.
Gerald: "Oh, okay."
Zane uses the convenient piles of stuff as concealment to approach the warehouse. Thank you, [Silent Stalker] Utility power.
Ernst hangs back observing his surroundings for the time being.
Aleith|DM: You approach the warehouse.
Aleith|DM: Checking in the windows, you see various piles of barrels and crates scattered throughout the warehouse.
Aleith|DM: Catwalks run about 20 feet above the ground, the windows just above them.
Aleith|DM: In the middle of the room stands some kind of large metal figure, smoke piping out of a pipe running from the back of it.
Aleith|DM: On the catwalk you see a figure watching people down below, idly playing with a knife.
Aleith|DM: Near the back, you see several people near a rusted iron ring in the floor, gathering up papers and tools.
Aleith|DM: If you had to type them, they practically scream ’scientist'.
Aleith|DM: What's the plan?
Zane books it back to the others. "OK. big-ass metal golem thing on the ground floor, one tough on the catwalks twenty feet up, bunch of scientists in the back. Lots of debris piles."
Gerald: "You get the guy up top, every one else gets the golem?"
Phyllis: "Catwalks, you say?"
Zane nods. "Twenty feet up, five feet wide. run the length of the place, cross it every forty, fiftey feet or so."
Phyllis: "… mmm that trick isn't too reliable. Gerald's plan sounds good."
Chandrasekhar nods.
Garrett‘ sideways grin at Phyllis ’base jumping' Lenz.
Zane nods. "Gerald back me up from the floor, in case I get my ass beat. Give me a couple minutes to get in position at a window."
Aleith|DM: Are you guys going in the front or the back?
Gerald: "Sure."
Garrett‘ nods, gives Chandrasekhar a half-nudge. "Let’s give 'em the pincer."
Phyllis: "Ummm."
Ernst: "Hm?"
[OOC] Zane: is that a cage around the double doors? )
Chandrasekhar nods to Garrett.
Phyllis: "I think we should stick together, honestly."
Aleith|DM: There's a chain fence around the front door, actually
Aleith|DM: On the inside, which is where the padlock is.
Aleith|DM: The door itself doesn't seem locked.
Zane nods. "Phyllis is right. And you want to go in through the back. The front doors are fenced internally."
Aleith|DM: The scientists are inside another chain fence.
Gerald: "Works for me." And he starts moving around to get into position.
Aleith|DM: Feel free to setup your pogs, then.
Garrett: "Oh yeah, I just mean he gets teh front, I get the back, no homo, and we kill the thing."
Aleith|DM: You can be pretty quiet taking down the junk piled in front
in back
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: someone put my pog where the pog pogs my mom's being obnox
Chandrasekhar snorts.
in front of the back doors
Phyllis: "Ah, after, not our initial formation. Sounds good."
Aleith|DM: Zane, you can place your pog just inside the window on the catwalk, everyone else just outside a door or two.
[OOC] Zane: where are the windows, btw
Aleith|DM: Where the catwalks meet the wall
[OOC] Zane: thusly
Aleith|DM: Zane, stealth check?
Zane rolled d20+10 and got 10 ( Total: 20 ) for also Silent Stalker if relevant
Aleith|DM: Okay. You can easily get next to the knife-fighter, hidden, before the surprise round starts.
Aleith|DM: Anybody else want to sneak inside one of the doors, or just go in guns blazing?
[OOC] Zane: yuss
[OOC] Garrett: ehhhh I'm good
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 23:Zane | 19:Ernst | 15:Garrett | 13:Phyllis | 10:Chandra | 10:Gerald |
Aleith|DM: Alright, Surprise Round! One action each! Zane?
Aleith|DM: As a note, the warehouse is all Dimly Lit, except inside the chain fence the scientists are in, which is Brightly Lit.
Phyllis: Nothing to a Dwarf.
Zane pops up out of seemingly nowhere to Sentry Removal the knife fighter. [Garrote Strangle]
Zane rolled d20+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14 ) for vs Reflex
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane *really* cranks that shit. [Assassin Strike]
[OOC] Zane: +and Furious Assault
Zane rolled 3d4+5 and got 2, 4, 2 ( Total: 13.0 ) for and he is grabbed & silenced. -2 on attacks against me.
Also rolled 2d10 and got 2, 2 [Total: 4 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 17.0, Avg: 2.40
Aleith|DM: 17! He's grabbed and silenced!
Aleith|DM: Ernst? Garrett?
Ernst moves into the warehouse before glancing around.
[OOC] Zane: oh wait also attack finesse!
Zane rolled 1d8 and got 6 ( Total: 6 )
Aleith|DM: 6 more!
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Garrett‘ swiftly darts into the screaming soul warehouse. He picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
Chandrasekhar is gonna share some of the good shit with Garrett later.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis, Chandra, Gerald?
Chandrasekhar moves up alongside Garrett.
Gerald: "Hahah this is a terrible idea." Gerald says, as he fires two shots into the knife man Zane is currently choking out. [Twin Shot]
Phyllis also moves beside Chandra.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+6(1) and got 1 ( Total: 7 ) for -2 light -2 distance lol
Also rolled 2#d20+6(2) and got 1 [Total: 7]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 14
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+6(1) and got 17 ( Total: 23 ) for -2 light -2 distance lol
Also rolled 2#d20+6(2) and got 3 [Total: 9]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 32
Aleith|DM: You also get -2 from cover, but
Aleith|DM: You manage to wing him. 1 hit!
Gerald` ignores cover!
Gerald` rolled d8+2 and got 7 ( Total: 9 )
Aleith|DM: 9 damage!
Aleith|DM: hmmm right
Aleith|DM: I keep forgetting that
Aleith|DM: Anyway, the scientists freak out, and one of them yells out, "attack the intruders!"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 23:Zane | 19:Ernst | 16:Bleak Golem | 15:Garrett | 13:Phyllis | 13:Knife-fighter | 10:Chandra | 10:Gerald |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Garrett: "Okay, looks like y’all are willing enough in this."
Aleith|DM: Although, I mean, I guess you Sustain and it doesn't matter the damage, he's knocked out!
Garrett: "So you get the slammer instead of just jail!"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Close Enough
Aleith|DM: The technicians start scrambling, grabbing up documents like there's no tomorrow-though some are freaking out and dropping things instead of picking them up.
Gerald: "BY THE WAY,"
Zane finishes choking this dude out and drops him on the catwalk [Death-I-Mean-Unconscious Attack], then moves along the catwalk.
Gerald: "YOU'RE ALL UNDER ARREST AND THE GOLEM IS ABOUT TO BE DISMANTLED,"
Gerald: "PLEASE STOP RESISTING OR YOU WILL BE SHOT AND STABBED, A LOT."
Garrett: "Don't make me run. It'll only make it worse."
Ernst: "I'm a bit concerned that they think one golem can actually save them. Can't you just dismantle it now and save yourselves a harsher sentence?"
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Gerald: "To be fair I guess it looks kind of tough."
Gerald: "And they probably don't have a lot of experience getting shit beat by the RHC…"
Garrett: "He's a big'un, that's for sure."
Gerald: "You know, maybe that's why everyone resists arrest."
Ernst moves forward towards the crates. He then tosses his robot token over the fence and his it point the shotgun at the scientists so they don't get any funny ideas. Finally he slaps down a punishing eye on the golem. ((Someone place my icon thanks))
Garrett: "If people knew how good we were, they'd surrender more?"
Chandrasekhar: "I was wondering how long it'd take you to figure that one out."
[OOC] Ernst: *has it
Gerald: "We should like, dedicate a holiday to beating the shit out of criminals so they know what they're in for and stop resisting."
Garrett: "We call that holiday 'every day.'"
Zane: "Yes, you should."
Gerald: "No no, like."
Garrett: "Well. Every day that we aren't stuck doing paperwork."
Gerald: "A youth program?"
Aleith|DM: The scientists ignore you.
Gerald: "Drill it into 'em while they're young."
Phyllis: "What's youth got to do with it?"
Gerald: "They grow up to do crime!"
Aleith|DM: The golem moves closer to Zane before picking up a crate and throwing it at him. [Hurl Object]
Gerald: "Woooah!"
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 20 ( Total: 26 ) for vs Ref
[OOC] Phyllis: Wow rude
Zane: "Ooof."
Aleith|DM: Zane takes 16 damage and is knocked prone! The catwalk around him is littered with debris, and is difficult terrain! (The space the crate was in is now empty)
Chandrasekhar: "That's not great."
Gerald: "Oh my god I'm sorry that probably hurt like hell but, *dang*, did you see that arc…? That was such a perfect throw, I'm real impressed."
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Zane: "You aint wrong on either count, rook."
Aleith|DM: The golem flickers with white light, and a technician that was standing on the rusted ring disappears.
Aleith|DM: 7 technicians left.
Gerald: "Uhh… did anyone else see that?"
Gerald: "Or not see that as the case may be."
Chandrasekhar: "What in the world…"
Zane: "Ernst, can your bot damage the ring?"
Ernst: "Almost certainly."
Garrett‘ double moves across the way.
Zane: "Do it."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
[OOC] Phyllis: LoS through the fence? - though it probably counts as cover
Aleith|DM: It counts as cover for projectiles and ray-like attacks.
Aleith|DM: but you can see the technicians scrambling
Ernst: "For real though I suggest you step away from that ring. I’m going to blow it up with my robot in a second and if you're still trying to use it that may prove dangerous to you."
Aleith|DM: One of them holds up a document in front of you, and lights it on fire.
Aleith|DM: Then gives you the finger.
Phyllis conjures images of the Cauldron Hill spirits to psychically strike the golem. [Phantasmal Assault]
Phyllis rolled d20+7 and got 14 ( Total: 21.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst: "Am I allowed to shoot one of these guys in the leg or something? They're really pissing me off."
Zane: "Absolutely."
Gerald: "I told them if they resisted they were gunna get shot."
Phyllis rolled d8+5+4 and got 7 ( Total: 16.0 ) for all psychic, Eye is the +4, grants CA to everyone and can't make OAs UEoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 16!
Aleith|DM: Chandra? Gerald?
Phyllis moves closer and conjures a [Mage Hand] to return the gesture at a technician while she's at it.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: wait can I turn my action into another move and move 10 squares, is that a thing I can do
Aleith|DM: Yes
[OOC] Phyllis: yup or you could charge and that's move 7 and attack?
Aleith|DM: That's what Garrett did, double move
Gerald‘ moves into the room finally, marking the Golem as his {Quarry] before letting off [Twin-Fanged Strike] at the golem.
[OOC] Phyllis: well, move then charge so 5 (move) + (7 + attack) (charge
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+9(1) and got 4 ( Total: 13 ) for CA cancels out low light
Also rolled 2#d20+9(2) and got 1 [Total: 10]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 23
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+9(1) and got 19 ( Total: 28 ) for dice plz
Also rolled 2#d20+9(2) and got 2 [Total: 11]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 39
Gerald` rolled d8+6 and got 6 ( Total: 12 )
d6: 4 [Total: 4]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 16
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 16!] again!
Aleith|DM: Chandra!
Chandrasekhar teleporta right in past the fence [Fey Step] and then [Charge]s the golem [Virtuous Strike + A Bunch Of Bonuses] then uses an AP and [Divine Challenge]s it before raising his sword up in the air and releasing a burst of light! [Radiant Delirium]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 17 ( Total: 26 )
[OOC] Phyllis: Also CA for +2
Aleith|DM: Man I’d say something about 'use Radiant Delerium before charging since it'd get an OA' but it can't even :(
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+11 and got 1, 1 ( Total: 13 ) for +5 +2 +4, +2 to saving throws TSOCNT, golem vuln radiant 3 TEOCNT, +2 all defences TSOCNT, all allies in 10 squares get +1 to attack rolls and +4 to damage bonus TSOCNT
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+5 and got 18 ( Total: 23 ) for vs. Reflex
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+7 and got 6, 2, 3 ( Total: 18 ) for +4 +3, target dazed TEOCNT, -2 AC penalty save ends
Gerald‘ lets out a low whistle.
Gerald: "Someone put his big kid sword in the sheath today."
Garrett: "Uhh… damn." The screams in his head aren’t so loud after that'n.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!] [18!] Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Umn
Aleith|DM: No
Aleith|DM: Exactly the opposite
Aleith|DM: The cracked steel flesh of the golem seeps oil and flickers with light the color of blood. The howl of a hundred trapped souls pour from the breached armor, and a geyser of black oil sprays from its latest wound. [Witchoil Leak]
Zane: "That sounded like Singh taking off the kid gloves."
Chandrasekhar: "My goddess. What have they done here?"
Gerald: "Yup. Thing is leaking pretty fiercly now."
Gerald: "It is uh. Weird as helll."
Ernst stares at the leakage right in front of him. "Guess I dodged a bullet with that one."
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar is affected by bleak aura! Ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends), and when he takes the damage, any creature within 3 squares of him takes 5 necrotic damage as well!
Aleith|DM: The golem ends all negative conditions, and gains an action point!
Aleith|DM: It gains a Howl of Souls aura 3! Any creature that ends its turn within the aura is dazed until the end of its next turn.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar is dazed UEoNT, make a save against bleak aura.
Phyllis tilts her head at the abomination.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20 and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for buh?
Aleith|DM: Saved!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 23:Zane | 19:Ernst | 16:Bleak Golem | 15:Garrett | 13:Phyllis | 10:Chandra | 10:Gerald |
Aleith|DM: A couple more technicians start burning documents, while another moves to stand in the iron ring.
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Chandrasekhar laughs, his sword still shining, his eyes burning with hot sunlight. "I do not fear you."
Aleith|DM: It does not respond.
Aleith|DM: One of the techs, however, shouts, "well, you should!"
Chandrasekhar: "Your fear of your own creation means nothing to me."
Gerald: "I duno it looks pretty well on its way to being scrap and all its done was, admittedly, one beautiful crate toss."
Zane crawls through the barrel wreckage. "Ah man here we go. Get 'im, Singh." And puts an arrow through the hand of someone looking like they feel burny towards the documents. "If you dont stop destroying evidence I absolutely will kill you where you stand."
Aleith|DM: The technician yelps in pain and just kinda curls up where he is.
Zane: "Just putting that out there."
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst has his robot waddle closer to the iron ring. Then using his knowledge as a [Technologist] he fires a static shock into a spot that he knows would overload the system with electric damage. Also that poor tech that was standing there is going to get hit too. He said to stay away from the ring to be fair. [Static Shock / Mv Action]
Aleith|DM: The tech collapses, but the ring seems unaffected.
Aleith|DM: The golem flashes with white light again, and that tech disappears as well.
Aleith|DM: Doesn't seem like the ring is powered by electricity.
Ernst glances up at Zane. "Well. Seems the only way we're following up on this one is if we literally follow them into the unknown before that portal closes."
Gerald‘ tilts his head at the lack of explosion.
Aleith|DM: The golem slams his fist into Chandrasekhar! [Witchoil Fist]
Zane makes a very disgruntled noise.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 1 ( Total: 9 )
Chandrasekhar blocks it with his shield like the badass he is????
Ernst: "So like. If you want to leap off the catwalk and into a teleporter that likely leads into a trap you’re the man. But it'd probably take me a bit to climb that fence."
Phyllis: "Portal? It seems like the golem's consuming them to me."
Aleith|DM: It shoves him backwards, then swings at him again! [Clear the Way, AP -> Witchoil Fist]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 7 ( Total: 15 )
Ernst: "That's…"
Chandrasekhar: "That…" He grimaces. "Would be my gue- rrhh!" (( +2 defenses :D :D ? ))
[OOC] Phyllis: his lowest defense is 16 hahaha
Ernst: "Hrm. What would happen if it tried to absorb something without a soul?"
[OOC] Zane: Captain Risur over there with his Vibranium Shield. damn son
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ waits a bit for Phyllis’ cue. [Hold action until her init]
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Gerald: "Well I mean,"
Gerald: "I'm not really an expert at weird metal golems *or* necromancy,"
Gerald: "But I'm guess it doesn't get hungry for not-souls and doesn't nom them in the first place."
Garrett: "Well if the weird metal golem absorbed a smaller weird metal golem…"
Garrett: "There's a chance it could become a double golem."
Garrett: "
Phyllis walks past the boxes and sends another psychic assault towards the golem. [Phantasmal Assault]
Phyllis rolled d20+7 and got 3 ( Total: 10.0 ) for vs Will
Phyllis tries again! [AP]
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Phyllis rolled d20+7 and got 20 ( Total: 27.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Crit!
Phyllis rolled d6+13+4+4 and got 6 ( Total: 27.0 ) for Crit die, maximized, Eye, Chandra damage buff
[OOC] Phyllis: Grants CA, can't make OAs UEoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 27!
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ is ready to go, now! He hustles up beside Chandra and executes some defensive strikes. [Opening Move]
Gerald: "Hey Phyllis can we get a light by the way? Human eyes."
Garrett` rolled 1d20+15 and got 19 ( Total: 34 ) for vs AC
Phyllis: "Would if it’s in range."
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis: "I've only got these stubby legs."
Aleith|DM: You can cast Light on a crate
Gerald: "Just kinda nearby would be fine, honestly."
Phyllis casts [Light] on a Crate then!!!
Gerald: "Thanks!"
Garrett‘ rolled 2d4+15 and got 4, 3 ( Total: 22 ) for +6 dex/enh +4 eye +1 light blade +4 chandra bonus
Also rolled 2d6 and got 5, 1 [Total: 6]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 28
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 28!
Garrett` fires up and strikes again! [AP -> Sly flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+15 and got 16 ( Total: 31 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Can you seriously stop doing a Threshold each round?
Garrett` rolled 1d4+18 and got 3 ( Total: 21 ) for +3 CHA, Slaying Action to deal SA again
Also rolled 2d6 and got 4, 1 [Total: 5]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 26
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: OH SHIT PHASE PUSH #tk2016
[OOC] Ernst: HOLY!?!?!? HOLY!?!?!?!?!?!?
[OOC] Garrett: +5 AC/Ref UEoNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 26!] The crimson runes on the golem flicker and die. No longer able to hold in the roiling black oil, the golem’s torso shatters, and the horrible fluid explodes outward. The golem teeters, falls, but catches itself on one mangled forelimb. Scraps of metal that were once its fist scrape the ground like claws, and it begins to lope toward you with sudden agility. [Witchoil Breach
Aleith|DM: Chandra, Ernst, Garrett, and Zane are shoved back one square and affected with bleak aura. All negative conditions end, and it gains another action point. And rerolls init. Then swings at Garrett as a non-action.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 23:Zane | 19:Ernst | 16:Hollow Stalker | 13:Garrett | 13:Phyllis | 10:Chandra | 10:Gerald | 6:Bleak Golem |
Aleith|DM: Garrett, save vs Bleak Aura
Garrett` rolled 1d20 and got 12 ( Total: 12 )
Aleith|DM: Saved!
Aleith|DM: Chandra, Gerald?
[OOC] Zane: oh god its another enemy. APPEARS IN ROUND 3 D:
Aleith|DM: It’s an extra turn :D
Aleith|DM: It's probably not getting it though :(
Gerald‘ [Reload]s, [Re-Quarries] then [Twin Shot]s!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 10 ( Total: 20 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 8 [Total: 18]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 38
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 11 ( Total: 21 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 19 [Total: 29]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 50
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 2d8+6 and got 4, 7 ( Total: 17 )
d6: 1 [Total: 1]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 18
Gerald` rolled 2d8+6 and got 5, 6 ( Total: 17 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 17!] [17!
Aleith|DM: Chandra?
Gerald: "All yours Chandra!"
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: is the save vs. bleak whatever technically before the start of my turn btw
Aleith|DM: only if you have a feat to do that
Aleith|DM: Otherwise, at the end
Aleith|DM: Take 5 necrotic now, as does Garrett
[OOC] Garrett: saves are always at teh end of your turn unless otherwise noted
[OOC] Gerald: Wait
[OOC] Gerald: Actually it’s dead, +4 to damage from chandra x2 lol
[OOC] Garrett: lol
[OOC] Garrett: get dunked
Chandrasekhar is all set to take a few steps back and charge it again but it seems that won't even be necessary?
Aleith|DM: Did you also include the damage from the eye?
[OOC] Gerald: I did the eye but not the power bonus
Aleith|DM: Ah.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: The remains of the golem collapse to the ground, and the rusted ring stops leaking darkness.
Aleith|DM: Most of the technicians stop what they're doing and put their hands up.
Gerald‘ shoulders the shotgun while drawing two others and pointing them at two different technicians. "Okay now I care about you guys, stop doing things."
Gerald: "Great!"
Aleith|DM: One continues burning-
Aleith|DM: Okay he stops burning documents.
Zane doesnt have to shoot that one on general principles. Excellent.
Garrett` moves to start making arrests!
Ernst hops the fence and starts to examine the documents.
Phyllis makes a menacing ’I'll backhand you' gesture with the Mage Hand still floating near them.
Aleith|DM: You find various documents scattered around the workspace. Most of them still seem intact
Gerald: "So are you guys all working for the evil Daronians or the weird shadow plane cult by the by?"
Aleith|DM: Seems they were doing some sort of ritual to transform jaguars into monsters by replacing their blood with witchoil.
Aleith|DM: A checklist has the key steps: sedate cats, extract blood, remove heart, implant witchoil, attach collar and amulet, perform ritual; if error, shatter witchoil vessel; if successful, attach chest plate.
Chandrasekhar: "Witchoil. Assuming that's the awful black stuff."
Garrett‘ does not drink the mysterious substance.
Zane: "Probably right."
Phyllis: Is it something new to the group, or is it something someone could have come across in studies?
Aleith|DM: It doesn’t take a lot of coercion for the techs to tell you what witchoil is: a viscous black fluid that bubbles up from tears leading to the Bleak Gate.
Aleith|DM: It smells like burnt engine grease.
Chandrasekhar: "And the Bleak Gate is…?"
Aleith|DM: The shadow plane
Aleith|DM: There's a couple vials of it still in the lab, and Garrett can hear the howl of a dead voice from each one.
Gerald: "Sounds like they're with the weird shadow plane cult!"
Garrett: "If you're curious on how much of this you get to a soul-" He holds up a vial.
Garrett: "'bout that much."
Tech: "What? No! We're just working on a project for the military, to weaponize witchoil and create monsters with it!"
Gerald: "Which military?"
Tech: "Risur's!" Another tech nudges into him.
Gerald‘ glances between Chandrasekhar and Zane.
Gerald: "Risur’s…?"
Gerald: "You do realize we're RHC right…?"
Zane looks like *somebody somewhere* is about to be choked, he's just not sure who.
Tech: "Yeah…"
Chandrasekhar gives the technician a level stare.
Garrett: "Left hand don't know what the right hand's doin'."
Zane: "Well then."
Gerald: "'Cause like, this doesn't seem like the sort of project the King would sign off performing in the middle of Flint, y'know? So, I guess what I'm asking… is who's heading up the project?"
Garrett: "Anything else you want to say before you're put behind bars and maybe not executed by whoever your bosses are?"
Aleith|DM: Another tech says, "the project was overseen by Reed Macb-" when the second tech kicks him.
Tech #2: "Shut up!"
Gerald‘ fire a shot just to the side of the second tech’s head. "Hey hey, play nice."
Phyllis: "Ah."
Phyllis: "The mayor that so kindly pointed us to Cauldron Hill."
Aleith|DM: He just cowers. His pants are a bit wet now.
Phyllis: "Shadow plane energy central."
Chandrasekhar: "Oh, my."
Zane: "Well then."
Aleith|DM: Sorting through some of the other documents, you come across a note by some collars that states that anyone who holds the collar and says 'Obey' can then give that cat commands.
Aleith|DM: The steps for the ritual are also written out, and mention to 'take the same precautions you would at the manor reservoir.'
Garrett: "Risur's going to look a lot different by the time we're done with it."
Gerald: "So… anything else anyone feels like adding before we haul you in? Keep in mind you're in our custody, not the custody of the mayor's people."
Gerald: "Also that he probably won't be the mayor much longer anyway."
Tech #2: "Look, we ain't saying anything more, and you can't even hold us."
Ernst: "That sounds like a challenge."
Aleith|DM: The remaining techs all start fading out.
Garrett‘ turns, looks at the wreck of the golem. Turns back to the tech-
Gerald: "Point of order we can do whatever the hell we - huh?"
Garrett` lunges for one of them, trying to slap on some mage cuffs!
Phyllis: " - Cuffs!"
Zane also lunges and cuffs a tech.
Aleith|DM: The mage cuffs go on, but the tech continues fading out.
Aleith|DM: They disappear, and the cuffs clatter to the ground.
Gerald` dives for one, pulling a cheap gold ring out of his pocket and sliding it on a finger.
Zane: "… Son of a bitch."
Garrett: "That’s… new."
Aleith|DM: The golem's completely inert.
Phyllis: "What the hell."
Ernst: "… huh."
Ernst flips through the bundles of documents he collected hoping to explain what the hell just happened.
Zane: "Wonder if the witchoil acts like a gate."
Aleith|DM: Nothing in the documents about this, nor about the ring or the golem.
Aleith|DM: It's all about the jaguars.
Zane got nothin' other than that. And "Delft is going to shit rings when he sees this."
Gerald: "Guess the golem wasn't eating them after all…?"
Phyllis: "I don't think we'll figure out that answer for a bit."
Garrett‘ runs a hand through his hair and sighs.
Gerald: "Hrrm."
Garrett: "Hopefully some of the chums back at the office labs can figure things out. We’ve got a rally to attend."
Aleith|DM: A couple of other constables show up, along with several cops, to sort through the evidence. You should probably head over to the rally now.
Gerald: "Kinda makes you wonder though, if he's really the one that set all this up… why'd he let us take a skyseer up to the top of the mountain? This seems like exactly the sort of thing a skyseerer would get visions about."
Garrett: "Well…"
Garrett: "Here's a thought-"
Garrett: "Think the burning of Heward's was set up so that a vision would walk all over that first, and not…" He waves around the warehouse. "This?"
Garrett: "A smokescreen?"
Phyllis: "It's possible."
Gerald: "Hmm. Maybe."
Chandrasekhar: "…"
Garrett‘ shrugs. "Then again I a’int psychic, just otherwise headtouched."
Chandrasekhar: "…what the hells?"
Zane shrugs. "Not my area of expertise, but possible."
Phyllis: "Foresight rituals like that are still … limited."
Gerald: "Actually that's not a bad thought, even if a criminial orginzation was trying to crush Heward, it doesn't make sense that they'd wanna take out half the city and the entire district, too."
Gerald‘ mules over his thoughts as they head for the rally.
Zane unobtrusively slides the garrote back under his collar where it belongs and heads towards the rally.
Garrett` sheathes and heads out.
Phyllis: "They’d do all that to hide a secret, though?"
Chandrasekhar: "A secret like this?"
Chandrasekhar: "…yes."
[OOC] Garrett: btw aleith how's the psychic status of this area now anyway- still getting dozens of screams and such?
Aleith|DM: It's a lot quieter, though there's still a bit of unrest.
Aleith|DM: More of a whisper at this point.
Gerald: "I duno. Maybe not, since it could have very well taken out the lab too. There is a lot of stuff going on at once, I guess."
Zane: "I'm… We're going to be very busy, yeah."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License