Zg Session 105

Aleith|DM: As your newly-remodeled airship attempts to make its escape from Axis Island, the Danoran fleet fires multiple harpoons at your ship, magically reinforced sets of chain with a specialized drilling tip. Three of them manage to land solidly on the Coaltongue, latching on. The chains slowly begin to retract.
Aleith|DM: Ernst and Gerald dock their flier shortly after Pemberton leaps over the side of the airship and turns into his dragon form for the first time in a couple of centuries. Shortly after they step onto the ship, with Chandrasekhar and Garrett rushing forward, you loud thuds as well as shouts from men down below.
Aleith|DM: Zane and Phyllis, still in their flier, can see three different chains spread across the ship at differing angles and levels of the hull.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 39:Ernst | 38:Steam Walker B | 36:Chandrasekhar | 36:Steam Walker C | 34:Garrett | 33:Zane | 29:Steam Walker A | 28:Gerald |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst places down stocke before giving Gerald a [Lightning Sigil - +10 lightning damage] and firing a [Magic Weapon] into the Steamwalker.
Aleith|DM: You can't see it from the deck
Aleith|DM: gotta head down first
[OOC] Ernst: OH those are levels okay
[OOC] Ernst: The ladder is on the north side?
Garrett‘ frowns and looks over the side, thinking that any non-Risurian or Pemberton’s allies can just… -not- come here.
Aleith|DM: I highlighted the closer stairs down which are…on the bridge.
[OOC] Ernst: I don't see any stairs besides the ones at the north :D
Ernst doesn't summon Stocke then and just goes down the stairs and shoots it in the face with a [Prismatic Strike]
Aleith|DM: Okay
Ernst rolled 2#d20+30(1) and got 1 ( Total: 31.0 ) for FOR/REF/WIL
Also rolled 2#d20+30(2) and got 20 [Total: 50.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 81.0, Avg: 10.50
Aleith|DM: Miss and Crit!
[OOC] Garrett: the agony and ecstacy of weapons
[OOC] Ernst: 48] Thunder [48] Force [48] Fire. Prone, 5 pushback, cannot stand up, -3 to attack rolls.
Aleith|DM: The harpoon nearby has unfolded into a metallic flower that clamps onto the hull.
[OOC] Ernst: Refresh Prismatic Strike
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 43! 43! 43! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: You hear a shotgun from downstairs.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar follows Ernst downstairs and takes point!
Aleith|DM: There's a loud mechanical noise from the bottom level.
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Aleith|DM: Zane, you're in a flier!
Garrett: "Ugh, -none- of those noises are good ones. I wonder if I could will the ship to patch itself back together though."
Zane makes Phyllis fly down low so he can start blasting the bottom drill-chain loose.
Garrett‘ rushes downstairs and sets up next to Chandrasekhar!
Gerald: "Guess we’ll find out after we destroy the anchors."
Zane unleashes a burst at the chain!
Zane rolled d20+30 and got 12 ( Total: 42 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 4d12+19 and got 3, 2, 9, 7 ( Total: 40.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 40!
Aleith|DM: A cover on one of Steam Walker A's arms opens, revealing a massive, double-barrled shotgun. It fires it at Chandrasekhar! [Heavy Shotgun]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 17 ( Total: 42 ) for -3 prismatic, -2 prone
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 1 ( Total: 26 ) for -3 prismatic, -2 prone
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10+15 and got 4, 4 ( Total: 23.0 )
Aleith|DM: 23 damage to Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ runs over to the stairwell, skidding to a stop right above Ernst before marking the Anchor and Walker as [Quarry], takes a second to center himself [Oakskin], then fires off a [Twin Shot] into the Walker.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 7 ( Total: 38 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 14 [Total: 45]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 83
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 20 ( Total: 51 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 4 [Total: 35]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 86
[OOC] Ernst: +10 dmg from Lightning Sigil
Gerald` rolled 5d8+38 and got 1, 8, 1, 5, 5 ( Total: 58 )
Also rolled 5d6+78 and got 2, 3, 5, 5, 6 [Total: 99]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 157
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Garrett: "Good shots."
Aleith|DM: A squad of Obscurati Soldiers appear at the end of the anchor!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 39:Ernst | 38:Steam Walker B | 36:Chandrasekhar | 36:Steam Walker C | 34:Garrett | 33:Zane | 28:Gerald | 26:Boarding Squad A | 22:Boarding Squad B | 15:Boarding Squad C |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Garrett` clicks his tongue.
Garrett: "I guess ships aren’t considered property?"
Gerald: "Ya'll are like one species removed from being literal fish in a barrel…"
Gerald: "I reckon the anchor being there's helped some."
Garrett: "That is the worst case of legalese loopholes ever."
Gerald: "Don't look at me I already said this new set of world laws was shit."
Ernst tosses a THP shield on Chandra/Garrett [+65 THP | +32 THP to Ernst] before flying down the stairs and into the next room.
Aleith|DM: It's true, all the gold lining on the Coaltongue would prevent this kind of boarding action in the old planescape.
Ernst then fires a [Siphon Fate] at the Steamwalker and the Boarding Squad, a [Magic Weapon - Minor] at the Squad and then AP's for a Prismatic Strike at Steamwalker B.
Ernst rolled 4#d20+30(1) and got 17 ( Total: 47.0 ) for Siphon Fate
Also rolled 4#d20+30(2) and got 20 [Total: 50.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+30(3) and got 17 [Total: 47.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+30(4) and got 17 [Total: 47.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 191.0, Avg: 17.75
Aleith|DM: Hit, crit! Hits!
[OOC] Ernst: 48-5 to the Walker
Ernst rolled 4d8+16 and got 7, 8, 2, 7 ( Total: 40.0 ) for Squad
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 43!] [KO!
Ernst: Both take -2 to attack rolls and defenses
Ernst rolled 2#d20+32(1) and got 7 ( Total: 39.0 ) for Magic Weapon on the walker
Also rolled 2#d20+32(2) and got 3 [Total: 35.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 74.0, Avg: 5.00
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+16 and got 2, 3 ( Total: 21.0 ) for -1 AC on top of that from magic Weapon
Ernst rolled 2#d20+30(1) and got 9 ( Total: 39.0 ) for Prismatic Strike
Also rolled 2#d20+30(2) and got 3 [Total: 33.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 72.0, Avg: 6.00
[OOC] Ernst: Heroic to make both hit
Aleith|DM: Okay. Hits!
Ernst rolled 4d8+16 and got 8, 3, 4, 1 ( Total: 32.0 ) for Push, Cannot stand, prone, -3 to attack rolls
Also rolled 4d8+16 and got 4, 3, 2, 2 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 2.75]
Also rolled 4d8+16 and got 4, 2, 2, 7 [Total: 31.0 (Low), Avg: 3.75]
Total: 90.0, Avg: 3.50
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 75! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Steam Walker B retaliates with its own Heavy Shotgun!
Ernst rolled 3d6 and got 4, 6, 3 ( Total: 13 ) for Extra AP damage I forgot
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 19 ( Total: 44.0 ) for -2 prone, -3 Prismatic
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 10 [Total: 35.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 79.0, Avg: 14.50
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10+15 and got 5, 5 ( Total: 25.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting Ernst for 25!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Ernst soaks that with the THP.
Chandrasekhar runs in and finishes off the boarding party. [Divine Challenge just in case, attack]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+30 and got 7 ( Total: 37 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: There's some more gunfire from the lowest deck.
Aleith|DM: Garrett! Zane!
Zane has Phyllis loop back for another shot at the anchor now that he's a bit more familiar with the guns operation. [Masterstroke]
Zane rolled d20+30 and got 18 ( Total: 48 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett‘ hustles down one level and then tumbles over to the downed golem, stabbing it! [Move] [Minor - Tumbling Strike]
Zane rolled 6d12+19 and got 8, 8, 7, 11, 2, 10 ( Total: 65.0 ) for Furious Assault, Brute stance damage dice
Also rolled 12d8 and got 6, 3, 5, 7, 6, 8, 6, 1, 2, 3, 7, 1 [Total: 55 (High), Avg: 4.58]
Total: 120.0, Avg: 5.61
Garrett` rolled 1d20+33 and got 6 ( Total: 39 ) for vs AC, steam walker B
Garrett` rolled 3d4r1+26 and got 2, 4, 4 ( Total: 36.0 ) for factored in weapon 5 resist
Also rolled 5d8 and got 8, 5, 6, 5, 7 [Total: 31 (High), Avg: 6.20]
Total: 67.0, Avg: 5.12
Garrett` goes for a piercing strike to finish it off! [Standard - Piercing Strike]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 120!] Anchor C explodes in a blast of fire!
Dicebot:// Multiple Rolls Error: Unable to parse 1d20+ in 1d20+#3
Garrett` rolled 1d20+33 and got 20 ( Total: 53 ) for vs Ref
Garrett` backflips into a moonsault stab!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+16(1) and got 4 ( Total: 20.0 ) for vs Ref, Steam Walker, Squad
Also rolled 2#d20+16(2) and got 12 [Total: 28.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Total: 48.0, Avg: 8.00
Aleith|DM: //The steam walker takes 15 fire damage and the squad dies!

Garrett` rolled 5d6+31 and got 5, 4, 3, 3, 4 ( Total: 50 ) for crit
[OOC] Garrett: also factored in weapon 5 resist and vuln 5 cold
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 67! KO!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Aleith|DM: You hear an explosion from the bottom level, worringly.
worryingly
Gerald: "Ernst, you and Garrett good down there or should I ignore this anchor for now???"
Ernst: "I’m going to proceed to the bottom level shortly to deal with the damage."
Garrett: "We're good, clean up!"
Gerald: "Okay!"
Ernst: "With all that gunfire I imagine I have some assholes to shoot up by the engine and a fire to put out."
Gerald‘ [Oakskin] [Master of the Hunt] [Manticore’s Volley] into the Anchor.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 19 ( Total: 50 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 16 [Total: 47]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 97
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 16 ( Total: 47 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 4 [Total: 35]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 82
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 12 ( Total: 43 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 19 [Total: 50]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 93
Aleith|DM: Crit/hit! 2 hits! Crit/hit!
Gerald` rolled 5d6+105 and got 4, 2, 3, 6, 2 ( Total: 122 )
Also rolled 4d8+46 and got 4, 4, 4, 2 [Total: 60]
Also rolled 5d6+78 and got 2, 4, 5, 3, 5 [Total: 97]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 279
Gerald: (and then 8x3 to the horde)
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 279! KO!] The anchor explodes in a blast of fire!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 16 ( Total: 32 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar takes 15 fire damage!
Gerald: "Whoops."
Ernst: "I gave them a shield, at least."
Aleith|DM: New boarding squads teleport in!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 39:Ernst | 36:Chandrasekhar | 36:Steam Walker C | 34:Garrett | 33:Zane | 28:Gerald | 26:Boarding Squad A | 22:Boarding Squad B | 15:Boarding Squad C |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Ernst: "Garrett, you’re good for this floor yeah?"
Garrett‘ nods. "Yeah, go check the engine!"
Garrett: "I’ll handle this lot."
Ernst drops down Stocke and they both fly down to the next level.
Ernst then has Stocke fire a Prismatic Strike at Steamwalker C.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+30(1) and got 15 ( Total: 45.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+30(2) and got 17 [Total: 47.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 92.0, Avg: 16.00
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Ernst rolled 4d8+16 and got 5, 1, 7, 5 ( Total: 34.0 ) for -3 to attack rolls, Prone, Cannot stand up
Also rolled 4d8+16 and got 5, 6, 1, 6 [Total: 34.0 (Avg), Avg: 4.50]
Also rolled 4d8+16 and got 3, 3, 3, 3 [Total: 28.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 96.0, Avg: 4.00
Push 5 can I push it out the anchor hole?
Chandrasekhar invokes [Vision of the Fall] on the Anchor out of sheer spite to the group of Obscurati in sight-line.
Aleith|DM: Nope, it's not a hole exactly
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+27 and got 14 ( Total: 41 ) for vs. Will 15….
Aleith|DM: it's barely a couple feet wide, the anchor folded out
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+12 and got 7, 2 ( Total: 21 ) for each ally I can see takes 5 fire/radiant
[OOC] Ernst: 29, 29, 23 then with reductions
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 81! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: The anchor explodes one last time!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 6 ( Total: 22 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Dealing 15 fire damage to Chandrasekhar, and taking out the Boarding Party!
Aleith|DM: The Coaltongue stops lowering towards the sea! [Engines are straining against the anchors, equalizing altitude]
Aleith|DM: Steam Walker C retaliates with its Heavy Shotgun!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+25(1) and got 16 ( Total: 41.0 ) for prone, prismatic
Also rolled 2#d20+25(2) and got 5 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 71.0, Avg: 10.50
Aleith|DM rolled 2d10+15 and got 10, 7 ( Total: 32.0 )
Aleith|DM: 32 damage to Ernst!
Aleith|DM: Garrett! Zane!
Ernst activates [Energy Conversion] on that
Zane takes a third pass at the chain thanks to Phyllis' piloting.
Zane rolled d20+30 and got 12 ( Total: 42 )
Garrett‘ focuses on the floor of this deck, and it shoots up to batter the squad! [The City Comes Alive]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+29 and got 9 ( Total: 38 ) for vs Ref
[OOC] Aleith|DM: You can also hit the anchor with that
Zane rolled 4d12+19 and got 2, 5, 10, 4 ( Total: 40.0 )
Garrett` does that then.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: roll a not-1
Garrett` rolled 2d6+26 and got 2, 3 ( Total: 31 ) for add on 15 for the squad because AoE
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 40!] The anchor explodes again!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 20 ( Total: 36 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Steam Walker C takes 30 fire damage while the squad nearby is knocked out!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 5 ( Total: 5 ) for Garrett
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 31!] [KO!] from Garrett!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald` dashes down the stairs, then marks the anchor as his [Quarry] before letting off a refreshed [Manticore’s Volley]
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 3 ( Total: 34 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 5 [Total: 36]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 70
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 4 ( Total: 35 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 8 [Total: 39]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 74
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 3 ( Total: 34 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 4 [Total: 35]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 69
Aleith|DM: 2 hits! 2 hits! 2 hits!
Gerald` rolled 3#5d8+46(1) and got 6, 4, 5, 8, 4 ( Total: 73 )
Also rolled 3#5d8+46(2) and got 1, 6, 8, 4, 8 [Total: 73]
Also rolled 3#5d8+46(3) and got 5, 5, 3, 3, 2 [Total: 64]
Also rolled 5d8 and got 3, 2, 6, 5, 3 [Total: 19]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 229
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 229!] The anchor explodes, damaging the surrounding area, but Garrett is just out of range and Ernst is protected by the flooring!
Aleith|DM: 2 new boarding squads appear!
Garrett` acts like he planned to stay that far away.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 39:Ernst | 36:Chandrasekhar | 36:Steam Walker C | 34:Garrett | 33:Zane | 28:Gerald | 26:Boarding Squad A | 22:Boarding Squad B | 15:Boarding Squad C |
Aleith|DM: Ernst! Chandrasekhar!
Stocke moves in and fires a [Magic Weapon] at Walker C while Ernst walks off from the fight and assesses the fires.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+32(1) and got 7 ( Total: 39.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+32(2) and got 17 [Total: 49.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 88.0, Avg: 12.00
Chandrasekhar goes downstairs and engages the next boarding party! [Charge]
Ernst rolled 5d8+16 and got 3, 3, 1, 4, 6 ( Total: 33.0 )
[OOC] Ernst: -1 AC
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+31 and got 6 ( Total: 37 ) for I also challenged it obviously >_>
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33!
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Steam Walker C stands up. Its forearm extends a blad with grinding, serrated teeth. It swings with immense force and simply carves through anything between it and Stocke. [Chain Sword]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+30 and got 5 ( Total: 35 )
Stocke allows it no edge.
Aleith|DM: Missing. A dome on its head flashes, and a faintly-visible aura extends twenty feet from it. [Arcane Shield]
Aleith|DM: Garrett! Zane!
Zane directs Phyllis into a log, flat turn that strafes the side of his own ship, carefully unleashing two bursts of fire. [Attack, AP, Attack]
Zane rolled d20+30 and got 10 ( Total: 40 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled d20+30 and got 2 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 4d12+19 and got 2, 11, 2, 4 ( Total: 38.0 ) for Anchor 3
Also rolled 5d10 and got 3, 7, 3, 2, 5 [Total: 20 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 58.0, Avg: 4.33
Zane rolled 4d12+19 and got 10, 6, 11, 1 ( Total: 47.0 ) for Anchor 2
Anchor 2 dies. [Death Attack]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+16 and got 11 ( Total: 27 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: It explodes, killing the boarding squad and damaging Chandrasekhar for another 15 fire damage!
Garrett` hustles downstairs! [Move] [Move]
Aleith|DM: The Coaltongue suddenly surges upward, snapping the third chain!
Aleith|DM: The anchor’s still there, but it's otherwise just a decoration now.
Garrett‘ keeps his sea (air?) legs as he hops down the stairs and around into the lower deck.
Garrett: "How’s it look?"
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ husles on down, [Quarries] the two targets, then completely overkills the Walker with a [Pounding Barrage]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 9 ( Total: 40 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 12 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 83
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 11 ( Total: 42 )
Aleith|DM: No line of sight
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 7 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 80
Aleith|DM: Yeah, that position works.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 12 ( Total: 38 )
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 6 [Total: 32]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 70
Aleith|DM: 1 hit! 1 hit! 1 hit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: wait the middle misses by 1
Gerald` rolled 4d8+46 and got 8, 4, 5, 7 ( Total: 70 )
d8+46: 3 [Total: 49]
d6: 2 [Total: 2]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 121
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: The last boarding squad fires at Gerald with a Rifle Fusillade!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+29 and got 19 ( Total: 48 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 17 damage!
Aleith|DM: and then is easily taken down the next round.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 5 ( Total: 31 ) for i guess the -5 to hit probably applies to disruptive…?
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 12 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 69
Aleith|DM: Yeah it does
Aleith|DM: but you just barely hit
Ernst tends to the injured crew and tries to best patch up the area as he’s been doing since the last round or so.
Gerald‘ rolled d8+38 and got 1 ( Total: 39 ) for +8 from Autofire which I think is aoe so
Aleith|DM: The shot bloodies it, but the autofire finishes it off! [KO!]
Gerald: "That was slightly less exciting than expected, though I can’t help but feel like we do a lot of running up and down stairs and stairwell shots anytime we take this ship on a mission…"
Gerald‘ stashes his shotgun away, while drawing his rifle and going up to the hole the Danorians were breaching from. "Gunna go figure out if I can spot Jierre from up here."
Aleith|DM: The Coaltongue starts to head away from the island…
Aleith|DM: It seems that after your previous strafing runs, Sovereign Jierre headed into the bridge, and you can’t get an angle on him from up here.
Garrett: "Feel free to fire at will."
Gerald: "Coward."
Gerald: "He went inside."
Garrett‘ surveys the rest of the navy’s status, as well as Pemberton.
Aleith|DM: Pemberton's been strafing the ships that were chaining yours, stopping some of the soldiers from ascending the chains.
Aleith|DM: It prevented them from training most of their cannons on your ship as well, since they had to deal with a dragon.
Gerald‘ sighs after a moment, then aligns his sights on the giant lantern before taking a couple shots. He’s pretty sure the reinforcement on it isn't going to let a few rifle rounds shatter it, but no sense in not trying.
Aleith|DM: Pemberton continues with a few last strafing runs as your ship ascends.
Aleith|DM: Gerald's shots don't seem to do much damage to it, sadly. The glass cracks a bit, but not much.
Zane has a yelled conversation with Phyllis and she throws the plane into a steep dive towards Han's ship. At the last second she pulls up and blows by the bridge… just in time for Zane to fling his entire bandolier of grenades at one of the windows. She then exercises her unstoppable will on the giant lantern cannon, forbidding it with a [Spatial Lock] before pulling up and heading
Zane back towards the fleeing Coaltongue.
Aleith|DM: When you pull out, Pemberton follows. The bridge explodes in a shower of flames, half of the roof collapsing. The lantern cannon aims towards you as you fly away-but nothing happens.
Gerald: "Oooh, that was good."
Zane sticks his hand out of the plane, giving the flaming bridge a single extended middle finger.
Aleith|DM: Gradiax wings over to the ship as Phyllis and Zane dock their 'dragon flier', landing on the deck before shifting back to his human form.
Aleith|DM: He's brusied, battered, and bleeding in a few spots, but streches a bit. "Wow, that's some kinks I haven't had for a while. What a rush!"
Ernst: "That was far less troublesome than I was anticipating. You seem worse off than any of us."
Pemberton: "I'll admit I'm a bit out of shape compared to you lot."
Pemberton: "Nice work with the chains. And especially that parting shot!"
Gerald: "Here's hoping Jierre didn't have any protective spells up and running for that." Gerald nods to Zane after coming back up to the deck.
Brakken: "Off to Nic's symposium, then?" "
Zane shrugs. "Ursinho has the cannon on lockdown for five minutes, I figure even if I didnt kill Jierre it's gonna be a real pain in the ass to fix all that damage."
Ernst: "Unless you had another idea."
Zane: "… Shit, I forgot thats where we were going. I used all my grenades on the ship. Damn it!"
Gerald: "Calling it a net gain anyway."
Garrett: "Hah."
Garrett: "Yeah, the symposium is next major foreign operation. It's in a few weeks, right?"
Brakken: "Roughly. Probably a week or two at most."
Garrett: "Hopefully enough time to repair the Coaltongue and… figure out how best to ward off the oncoming world war."
Ernst: "The damage is minimal at best given our response."
Ernst: "So no worries there."
Garrett: "I'm sure we could just completely close borders but it could be dangerous to do that for long, without an examination of Risur's foreign trade."
Aleith|DM: Between Ernst, the crew, and Pemberton and the gnolls you brought with, the Coaltongue's in fairly good shape. Not perfect, but fairly good.
Zane has to resist the overpowering urge to push Pardo overboard.
Aleith|DM: Brakken can also test his psychic bond with you, so you know what you're working with before the conference starts.
Aleith|DM: Sadly, Pardo's still in a duplicant body.
Aleith|DM: It's the two dragons that are here in the flesh.
Zane doesnt bother for that exact reason, yes.
Zane: "Hey Gradiax, I have a question." Speaking of the two dragons though…
Pemberton: "Yes, Mr. Bieito?"
Zane: "Last time I checked, it took two dragons to make an egg. So who is the other half of your daughter?"
Pemberton: "Alas, my better half died shortly after magical flight did. Poor Terakalir never got to know her mother."
Zane: "Huh. She looks a lot younger than that."
Pemberton: "My loyal gnolls tended to a clutch of eggs while I was absent, and I dared to hatch one of them 8 years ago when I returned to make contact with them. I'm not sure if it was the long length of time, or if Terakalir would always have been born like that, but the rest of the eggs have likely been found by the good Bruse now."
Zane: "Ah, that makes more sense."
Gerald: "…They kept for that long as… eggs…?"
Gerald: "Dragons are weird."
Pemberton shrugs. "And most humans break easily."
Gerald: "I mean, even birds and lizard don't…" Gerald trails off with a shrug, after deciding he probably doesn't actually want a lesson on dragon biology and reproductino.
Pemberton: "I'll admit that it took me a couple years to improve safety standards in my first couple of factories."
Zane looks pretty deep in thought. "Mm."
Gerald: "Hah, you and everyone else."
Pemberton: "Good point."
Aleith|DM: Anyway, testing the bond with Brakken, you discover the following points:
Aleith|DM: - All members of the bond (including Brakken) can communicate telepathically with each other.
Aleith|DM: - By concentrating (a minor action) any member of the bond can shift their senses of hearing and sight between Brakken's perspective and their own. The bond persists even if a character resumes his own senses, and he can go back into Brakken's later if he desires.
Aleith|DM: - While viewing the world through Brakken's eyes, the PCs can attempt to speak through the minotaur. Unless Brakken or another linked member resists the words being spoken this happens automatically. If Brakken or another linked member attempts to resist, have them make opposed Charisma checks to see who wins.
Aleith|DM: - While viewing the world through Brakken's eyes, the PCs can attempt to take control of the minotaur's movements and actions. Brakken prefers to be asked and then follows directions, and normally will resist this (as above). But he will let a PC do it if his life is in danger. A character controlling him in this way can use all her own personal skill and prowess.
Aleith|DM: - Brakken can attempt to eject a PC from the mental bond as a standard action. He must succeed three consecutive opposed Charisma checks to do so.
Aleith|DM: All of the mental bond's abilities work within a maximum range of 10 miles. While normally not an issue, this prevents the party from sitting in Risur while Brakken travels to Cherage.
Aleith|DM: After any preparations you need to make, you fly high into Danoran airspace and land in a seculded valley that is within Brakken's range of the Forward Symposium, being held in the Congressional Hall of Danor. El Extra├▒o's people can help you with any supplies you need from Cherage. Several days later, the Symposium is set to start…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License