Zg Session 104

A squad of Danor's Porteur du Mort teleport nearby you on the sea wall, between a few of the bunkers that Pemberton's forces constructed. You hear some more shouts of surprise further down the sea wall as well.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 47:Zane | 44:Garrett | 42:Phyllis | 41:Chandrasekhar | 37:Ernst | 33:Murderer E | 32:Gerald | 29:Murderer D | 28:Sniper A | 24:Alchemist B | 23:Murderer C | 23:Sniper B | 22:Murderer F | 19:Alchemist A | 18:Murderer A | 15:Murderer B |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: While you are at maximum hit points, allies that can see you gain a +2 bonus to their Fortitude, Reflex, and Will defenses.
Zane lets loose a volley of shortbow shots to the southern group! [Combat Focus, 2 dice] [Shortbow RBAs]
Garrett‘ rolled 5#1d20+32(1) and got 15 ( Total: 47 ) for vs murderer A, B, C, sniper A, alchemist A
Also rolled 5#1d20+32(2) and got 13 [Total: 45]
Also rolled 5#1d20+32(3) and got 7 [Total: 39]
Also rolled 5#1d20+32(4) and got 5 [Total: 37]
Also rolled 5#1d20+32(5) and got 5 [Total: 37]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 205
Aleith|DM: All hits!
Garrett` rolled 2d8+19 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 26 ) for assassin’s strike the alchemist A anyway
Also rolled 6d10 and got 7, 10, 6, 1, 9, 8 [Total: 41]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 67
Garrett‘ rolled 3d8 and got 7, 1, 1 ( Total: 9 )
Aleith|DM: Flakes of stone fall off of each of the squad members. [Communal Stoneskin] [15!][15!][15!][15!][15!]
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett: "Okay, so I just need to hurt -one- of you really hard?"
Garrett` moves forward, and in a flash he’s gone- and reappears behind Alchemist A! [Move] [Minor- Tumbling Strike]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+33 and got 13 ( Total: 46 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 3d4r1+34 and got 3, 2, 2 ( Total: 41.0 ) for vuln 5 cold
Also rolled 5d8 and got 2, 7, 3, 8, 1 [Total: 21 (Low), Avg: 4.20]
Total: 62.0, Avg: 3.50
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 62! Bloodied!
Garrett` flashily cuts across Alchemist A’s chest! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett: !Roll 1d20+33 ; vs AC
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+33 and got 4 ( Total: 37 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 2d4r1+42: (1, 3), 3 [Total: 48.0 (Avg), Avg and got 3.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis gestures at the sky, twisting her finger until it stops and calls down a bolt of lightning. She points at the group directly north of them and lets fly! [Chain Lightning on Alchemist B]
Phyllis rolled d20+29 and got 16 ( Total: 45.0 ) for I have CA right
Phyllis: vs ref, also
Aleith|DM: You need Line of Sight though
Aleith|DM: The bunkers are all 10 feet high
[OOC] Phyllis: oh that’s what those are
Phyllis: New plan: [Arcane Gate] to the top of the bunker so she has the high ground (minor+move), then [Mass Charm] the northern group and have them all jump off. Failing that, they all punch the alchemist and the alchemist punches the sniper.
Aleith|DM rolled 5#d20(1) and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
Also rolled 5#d20(2) and got 10 [Total: 10 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Also rolled 5#d20(3) and got 11 [Total: 11 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Also rolled 5#d20(4) and got 15 [Total: 15 (High), Avg: 15.00]
Also rolled 5#d20(5) and got 10 [Total: 10 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 51, Avg: 10.20
Aleith|DM: Only the alchemist falls into the water, the rest falling prone at the edge.
Phyllis: F attacks E, E attacks the sniper, Sniper attacks E, and the last one just chills there I guess.
Phyllis: MBAas
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 15 ( Total: 42 ) for Alchemist vs self
Phyllis: (Or D attacks someone adjacent if appropriate)
Aleith|DM rolled 3d10 and got 10, 10, 4 ( Total: 24 ) for falling damage
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 24!] The alchemist's attack wears away his stoneskin!
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+27(1) and got 20 ( Total: 47.0 ) for -2 for prone, +2 for CA vs Prone, Murderers, Sniper
Also rolled 4#d20+27(2) and got 6 [Total: 33.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+27(3) and got 7 [Total: 34.0 (Low), Avg: 7.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+27(4) and got 13 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 154.0, Avg: 11.50
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!] to the sniper! [10!] to Murderer E!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: uuuuh should I go north and keep those assholes distracted while you mop up south or
[OOC] Ernst: I was going to send stocke up there to block them
[OOC] Ernst: Should be fine
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: cool
Chandrasekhar teleports into the crowd to the south, and then drops a [Call of Challenge] before invoking [Astral Thunder]!
Chandrasekhar rolled 4#d20+27(1) and got 14 ( Total: 41 ) for vs. fort 34
Also rolled 4#d20+27(2) and got 17 [Total: 44]
Also rolled 4#d20+27(3) and got 18 [Total: 45]
Also rolled 4#d20+27(4) and got 1 [Total: 28]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 158
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+12 and got 8, 8 ( Total: 28 ) for thunder damage, UEONT -3 attack penalty
Aleith|DM: 3 hits! Missed the sniper!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 28! * 3!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: -5 penalty
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: oshit that's more better now. rad.
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst drops down Stocke [Minor], a [Punishing Eye - Move w/ Timeless Locket +20 THP to self] as Stocke moves forward to the choke point in case the enemies from the north try to approach. Stocke sets a [Resistive Formula] on Chandra before activating it [+65 THP to Chandra, Garrett, +32 THP to Stocke] Finally he fires a GMW at Murderer A.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 5 ( Total: 40.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 20 [Total: 55.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 95.0, Avg: 12.50
Aleith|DM: 2 hits!
Ernst rolled 5d8+19 and got 7, 3, 6, 8, 5 ( Total: 48.0 ) for +9 to hit, +6 dmg, Brutal 1 for Gerald
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 1 crit actually
[OOC] Ernst: I forgot my eye fuck…
[OOC] Ernst: Oh sec…
[OOC] Ernst: 67] then
[OOC] Ernst: And I refresh GMW from critting
Ernst does not send it to the Astral Seed. [EoT]
Aleith|DM: Murderer E stands up and charges Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+28 and got 4 ( Total: 32 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Stocke blocks the assault siren blaring!
Gerald‘ marks Murderer’s A and B as [Quarry], then fires off a [Pounding Barrage] into A.
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+44(1) and got 15 ( Total: 59 )
Also rolled 2#d20+44(2) and got 15 [Total: 59]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 118
[OOC] Ernst: +8 eye, +6 GMW
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+44(1) and got 7 ( Total: 51 )
Also rolled 2#d20+44(2) and got 10 [Total: 54]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 105
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+44(1) and got 12 ( Total: 56 )
Also rolled 2#d20+44(2) and got 7 [Total: 51]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 107
Aleith|DM: All hits!
Gerald` rolled 12d8+102 and got 5, 5, 4, 7, 6, 8, 3, 7, 3, 1, 3, 3 ( Total: 157 ) for +24 to all four of them.
Aleith|DM: He dies after the first one.
[OOC] Gerald: er, into B not A
Aleith|DM: Oh, okay. He dies after the second >_>
Yamobot: Aleith|DM rolled 102/3 -> {34}
Aleith|DM: A and B are [KO!’d] C takes [64!] Sniper takes [24!]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: *68 for C
Aleith|DM: Murderer D charges into a bunker.
Aleith|DM: Sniper A takes a step back and shoots at Chandrasekhar with his Rifle!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+29 and got 11 ( Total: 40 )
Aleith|DM: 25 damage, and 20 cold/fire damage! [Chillflame Ammo]
Aleith|DM: Alchemist B swims towards the wall and starts climbing.
Aleith|DM: Murderer C slashes at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 3 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 15 ( Total: 42 ) for Reroll, Inspired by Grand Design
Aleith|DM: 25 damage!
Aleith|DM: Sniper B stands up and shoots at Stocke!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+29 and got 18 ( Total: 47 )
Aleith|DM: 25 damage, 20 acid damage, and ongoing 10 acid damage! [Acid Grinder Ammo]
Ernst shakes his head as Stockes siren grows even louder. [Reinforced Minion - Stocke dodges]
Chandrasekhar: "Tch."
Aleith|DM: Murderer F fires a pistol at Stocke before moving towards a bunker.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 1 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Ernst dodges that too.
[OOC] Ernst: *Stocke
Gnolls attack from the various bunkers, taking out the stoneskin on those still affected, and dealing 10 damage to the rest (aside from Alchemist B)
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 47:Zane | 44:Garrett | 42:Phyllis | 41:Chandrasekhar | 37:Ernst | 33:Murderer E | 32:Gerald | 29:Murderer D | 28:Sniper A | 24:Alchemist B | 23:Murderer C | 23:Sniper B | 22:Murderer F |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane ambles over southways and brings about his bastard sword to cleave the remaining rabble down there. [Combat Focus, Two Targets]
Garrett‘ rolled 2#1d20+31(1) and got 2 ( Total: 33 ) for murderer c, sniper a
Also rolled 2#1d20+31(2) and got 17 [Total: 48]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 81
Garrett` rolled 2d10+19 and got 6, 8 ( Total: 33 )
[OOC] Garrett: +3 more damage against the bloodied sniper - ki focus expertise
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
[OOC] Gerald: +3d8, attack finesse
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
[OOC] Garrett: oh my god that’s every round? fucking nice <3
[OOC] Gerald: yeah that's his striker dice
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 18 ( Total: 18 ) for [Keeper's Prescience]
Garrett‘ manuevers around a bunker and charges at Murderer F! [Charge]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+34 and got 20 ( Total: 54 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Crit!
Garrett` rolled 5d6+67 and got 4, 3, 2, 4, 3 ( Total: 83 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 83! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis: "Garrett, liege. You may want to duck." [Chain Lightning, primary target: Murderer F]
Phyllis rolled d20+27 and got 8 ( Total: 35.0 ) for vs Ref
Garrett` smoothly ducks!
Phyllis rolled 4d6+22 and got 6, 3, 2, 6 ( Total: 39.0 ) for Lightning damage
Phyllis: Secondary targets: Sniper B and Murderer D
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+22(1) and got 9 ( Total: 31.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 2#d20+22(2) and got 8 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 61.0, Avg: 8.50
Phyllis: Using the [18] from Keeper’s Prescience for the roll against the Sniper.
Phyllis rolled 3d6+22 and got 3, 2, 2 ( Total: 29.0 ) for half damage on a miss
Phyllis: Every other enemy in 20 squares:
Phyllis rolled 3#d20+27(1) and got 5 ( Total: 32.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 3#d20+27(2) and got 17 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+27(3) and got 6 [Total: 33.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 109.0, Avg: 9.33
Phyllis rolled d6+22 and got 3 ( Total: 25.0 ) for half damage on a miss
Phyllis steps through the other end of the Arcane Gate.
Aleith|DM rolled 5#d20+27(1) and got 2 ( Total: 29.0 )
Also rolled 5#d20+27(2) and got 3 [Total: 30.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+27(3) and got 20 [Total: 47.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+27(4) and got 5 [Total: 32.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+27(5) and got 1 [Total: 28.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 166.0, Avg: 6.20
Aleith|DM: How much is a crit?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: you hit the 3rd squad too
[OOC] Phyllis: Oh gosh uhhh
Phyllis rolled 5d6+28 and got 2, 5, 4, 6, 1 ( Total: 46.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO! * 2!] [29!] [14!] [25!] [46!] [12! * 4!
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Ernst: "I have to admit I'm almost jealous seeing that."
Ernst: "My tricks tend to be of the… single target variety."
Phyllis: "When we are dealing with affairs on the world stage, one must command and conquer legions."
Chandrasekhar moves forward, and then teleport-charges Murderer E and challenges it!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+31 and got 6 ( Total: 37 ) for vs. AC
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+12 and got 4, 7 ( Total: 23 ) for radiant, enemy inflicted with vuln 5 radiant
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 23! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst moves the eye forward twice and sets another THP on Chandra + Phyllis this time. [+65 THP each]
Ernst does not spend the minor.
Ernst does spend the minor giving Gerald [+8 Force damage] actually.
Aleith|DM: Murderer E slashes at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 10 ( Total: 37 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 25!
Aleith|DM: Sniper C takes a step back, then aims at Chandrasekhar back and shoots!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+29 and got 9 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 25 damage, 20 acid damage, and ongoing 10 acid damage (SE)! [Acid Grinder Ammo]
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ moves around the corner and [Quarry]s Murder E, before taking a [Tiwn Strike]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 8 ( Total: 39 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 12 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 82
Aleith|DM: I’d say something about 'superior cover' but you don't care…
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald‘ rolled 8d8+28 and got 3, 8, 5, 4, 3, 4, 8, 1 ( Total: 64 )
Gerald` then pops D with the other.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 13 ( Total: 44 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 7 [Total: 38]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 82
Gerald` rolled 5d8+28 and got 7, 6, 7, 1, 2 ( Total: 51 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: oh whoops
[OOC] Gerald: oh wait +8 from eye didn’t see it
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 51!
[OOC] Gerald: … and +8 from rapid fire which i also forgot
Aleith|DM:
Aleith|DM: Alchemist B manages to climb back up onto the wall
[OOC] Ernst: Did you have +8 from Dweomer
Aleith|DM: Sniper B reloads his rifle, then fires at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+29 and got 16 ( Total: 45 )
Aleith|DM: 25 damage, plus 5 lightning damage and Chandrasekhar is dazed UEoNT! [Electromagnetic Ammo]
Gerald‘ fires a [Deflective Shot] [-20 Damage]
Stocke shimmers. [Energy Conversion - Minus 9 damage, +14 THP]
Aleith|DM: No line of sight for Gerald anyway
[OOC] Gerald: what! … oh i guess that corner is still in the way
Aleith|DM: Murderer D moves out of the bunker and slashes at Garrett!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 20 ( Total: 47 )
Aleith|DM: 25 damage!
Garrett` backflips out of the way! [Acrobatic Escape]
[OOC] Garrett: MurDer immobilized until start of its next turn
Aleith|DM: The murderer drops a zone of Total Darkness over you instead. [Dark Clouds]
Garrett: "Well if you’re going to be that way about it…"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 47:Zane | 44:Garrett | 42:Phyllis | 41:Chandrasekhar | 37:Ernst | 34:Sniper C | 32:Gerald | 30:Murderer G | 29:Murderer D | 28:Murderer H | 24:Alchemist B | 23:Sniper B | 17:Murderer I | 13:Alchemist C |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Aleith|DM: The gnolls deal some more damage as they fight back
Zane swings around into the little alley and charges right towards the murderer. [+2 charge speed] [Charge] [blind fight]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+32 and got 16 ( Total: 48 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 2d10+19 and got 6, 2 ( Total: 27 )
Also rolled 3d8 and got 6, 7, 2 [Total: 15]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 42
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` moves up, counting the enemies with each step. With a wave of his hand, the docks twist, grabbing at Alchemist C and Murderers G, H, and I! [The City Comes Alive]
Garrett` rolled 4#1d20+27(1) and got 9 ( Total: 36 ) for vs Reflex, alchemist C, murderers g, h, i
Also rolled 4#1d20+27(2) and got 5 [Total: 32]
Also rolled 4#1d20+27(3) and got 10 [Total: 37]
Also rolled 4#1d20+27(4) and got 2 [Total: 29]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 134
Garrett` clicks his tongue.
Garrett` rolled 2d6+20 and got 5, 5 ( Total: 30 ) for sliding H 3
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 30!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis double-moves northward, hopefully finishing off Sniper B with a [Quickened] (so it’s minor) [Illusory Ambush] once she's out of the clouds.
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for Keeper's Prescience too whoops
Phyllis rolled d20+28 and got 11 ( Total: 39.0 ) for vs will
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for save vs. Dazed at the beginning of my turn b/c superior will
Chandrasekhar proceeds to charge Alchemist B.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+31 and got 14 ( Total: 45 ) for vs. AC
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+12 and got 5, 4 ( Total: 21 ) for radiant, enemy inflicted with vuln 5 radiant, also divine challenge
Chandrasekhar rolled d20 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for and now save vs. ongoing damage
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 21! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
The eye moves forward as Stocke flies out over the water. Brandishing its Carbine it fires at Sniper C. [Magic Weapon]
Ernst rolled d20+32 and got 14 ( Total: 46.0 )
Ernst rolled 2d8+16 and got 1, 5 ( Total: 22.0 ) for Transposed
Stocke then follows up with its Shotgun using a [Siphon Fate] on C and H
Ernst rolled 4#d20+30(1) and got 16 ( Total: 46.0 )
Also rolled 4#d20+30(2) and got 12 [Total: 42.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+30(3) and got 20 [Total: 50.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+30(4) and got 14 [Total: 44.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 182.0, Avg: 15.50
Aleith|DM rolled 7d10 and got 2, 1, 10, 3, 1, 3, 4 ( Total: 24 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 22! 24 falling damage!
Aleith|DM: 2 Hits! Crit & Hit!
Ernst rolled 4d8+16 and got 5, 4, 8, 3 ( Total: 36.0 ) for -2 to attacks and defenses for both. [48] for the crit
Stocke then [AP's] and shoots C with a [Prismatic Strike]
Aleith|DM: Alchemist C and Murderer H?
[OOC] Ernst: Yup!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 36!] [KO!
Ernst rolled 2#d20+30(1) and got 15 ( Total: 45.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+30(2) and got 10 [Total: 40.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 85.0, Avg: 12.50
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Ernst rolled 4d8+16 and got 7, 4, 7, 2 ( Total: 36.0 ) for Fire/Force/Thunder Push 5, Cannot stand up, -3 to attack rolls, its dead
Also rolled 4d8+16 and got 7, 5, 8, 4 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Also rolled 4d8+16 and got 2, 8, 6, 6 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 5.50]
Total: 114.0, Avg: 5.50
Aleith|DM: That's Very Dead. [KO!
Ernst tosses a final THP shield on Chandra too why not since he's doing a dumb amount of actions this round. [Free Action - +65 THP to Chandra and Zane]
Aleith|DM: Sniper C swims towards the wall.
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald: "Uhh… you got that guy right, Chandra? Right."
Gerald: "Actually nevermind."
Gerald‘ moves up, [Quarry]s, then [Twin Strike], one into Alchemist B, the other into Murderer G.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 8 ( Total: 39 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 6 [Total: 37]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 76
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+31(1) and got 7 ( Total: 38 )
Also rolled 2#d20+31(2) and got 3 [Total: 34]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 72
Gerald` rolled 8d8+36 and got 8, 6, 2, 5, 8, 1, 8, 1 ( Total: 75 )
Gerald` rolled 2d8+28 and got 7, 2 ( Total: 37 )
Phyllis peers in the distance. "Well, now I feel foolish for expending a gate just to get onto the roof."
Ernst: "Time to put those legs to work, I guess. I’ll just be hanging out back here until this wraps up. Stockes got this."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!] [37!
[OOC] Gerald: and 8 to the guy next to him as well
Aleith|DM: Murderers G and I move to flank Stocke. [Move + readied attack for flanking, move + attack]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 5 ( Total: 34.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 8 [Total: 37.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 71.0, Avg: 6.50
Aleith|DM: Both miss
Stocke blares its siren as the weapons tink off its armor.
Aleith|DM: The fourth squad manages to take over a bunker and huddle inside it, closeing the door.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 47:Zane | 44:Garrett | 42:Phyllis | 41:Chandrasekhar | 37:Ernst | 34:Sniper C | 32:Gerald | 30:Murderer G | 17:Murderer I |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane maneuvers around a bunker ad fires at Murderer G! [Shortbow]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+31 and got 1 ( Total: 32 )
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for Keeper’s Prescience
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett moves up and charges around the corner to stab Murderer I! [Charge]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+32 and got 11 ( Total: 43 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 2d4r1+27 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 34.0 )
Also rolled 5d8 and got 3, 4, 2, 1, 4 [Total: 14 (Low), Avg: 2.80]
Total: 48.0, Avg: 3.00
Phyllis: "That can’t be good. What's in those bunkers?"
Aleith|DM: Cannons.
Aleith|DM: though they point outwards
Ernst: "A safe haven from a swiftly forthcoming beatdown."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 48!] The tiefling's eyes flare with fire, and a spiral of smoke rises from a crack in the wall, grabs you, and holds on. Garrett takes 15 fire damage and is restrained (Escape DC 28)! [Grasping Infernal Wrath
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis starts hoofing it! A lot! Fortunately, when in dire situations where she needs a bit of breathing room, she knows [Time Stop] (minor). [Run x4 - 1 move, 3 standards]
Gerald: "…Okay then."
Garrett‘ blinks, looks behind himself, looks forward at Phyllis.
Ernst: "… you do know we can just teleport to somewhere within line of sight, right?"
Ernst: "With the planes now."
Gerald: "If you can open the door with your mage hand too that would be awesome!"
Phyllis is probably too winded to respond and give Ernst a glare.
Ernst: "Good on you, though. It’s good to get exercise." He smiles.
[OOC] Phyllis: end of turn since i got nothin' else other than an AP
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: can I do move + move + standard again, I forget
[OOC] Ernst: You're dazed if I recall
Aleith|DM: No, that ended
Aleith|DM: Standard, move, minor
[OOC] Phyllis: minors can't upgrade into moves, no
[OOC] Ernst: You can move and then charge that guy ahead of you I think tho
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: right okay
Chandrasekhar invokes the [Spirit of the Virtuous Charger] and barrelasses into Murderer G. [Charge]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+31 and got 15 ( Total: 46 ) for ac
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+20 and got 7, 6 ( Total: 33 ) for radiant, inflicts vuln radiant
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 33! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Enrst!
Aleith|DM: Only spelled right. Ernst!
Ernst steps out from his position from the back of the docks [Move] before teleporting across the docks in front of Phyllis. [Standard] He scratches his head. "Not sure I have a way to open this…"
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
Aleith|DM: Sniper C pops open a small hatch on the side of the bunker before shooting Phyllis with his rifle.
[OOC] Gerald: with a minor action and your hand…
Aleith|DM rolled d20+29 and got 11 ( Total: 40 )
[OOC] Ernst: Is the door not locked?
Aleith|DM: 25 damage, and 20 cold/fire damage!
[OOC] Ernst: Because I can totally open it if it wasn't.
Aleith|DM: It is.
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
[OOC] Phyllis: Vs what defense?
Aleith|DM: AC
[OOC] Ernst: Can I get a takeback on my minor or is it too late lol
[OOC] Phyllis: chandra still has full HP right
[OOC] Aleith|DM: What are you doing with it?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Nope
[OOC] Ernst: Slick Concoctation to move Phyllis and me on top of their bunker so they can't all pelt us
[OOC] Ernst: Until we act again…
Aleith|DM: Sure
[OOC] Phyllis: don't move me
[OOC] Ernst: Oh OK nvm then
[OOC] Aleith|DM: I was just going to shoot Garrett instead anyway…
Phyllis wards off the elemental portion of that damage! [Elemental Countermeasures]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: it's cold AND fire
Gerald‘ [Teleport]s to the top of the bunker near the people hold up, [Quarry]s the murders, then [AP] [Manticore’s Fury] the entire group with a massive beam of energy.
[OOC] Phyllis: yes, the trigger is that I just take one of those five elements
[OOC] Phyllis: like, at least one, is my reading
Gerald‘ ROCKETS THEN with the move I didn’t spend
Gerald‘ rolled 6d20 and got 11, 3, 5, 2, 17, 10 ( Total: 48 ) for J
Gerald` rolled 6d20 and got 14, 19, 2, 3, 7, 19 ( Total: 64 ) for K
[OOC] Gerald: wait gdi only 3 rolls not 6
Gerald` rolled 3d20 and got 12, 3, 14 ( Total: 29 ) for L
Gerald` rolled 3d20 and got 2, 16, 1 ( Total: 19 ) for Alchemist
Gerald` rolled 3d20 and got 20, 12, 16 ( Total: 48 ) for Sniper
Gerald: J three hits, K one hit one crit, L three hits, Alchemist one hit, Sniper two hits one crit.
Gerald` rolled 3d6+28 and got 6, 2, 5 ( Total: 41 ) for Per Hit
Gerald` rolled 5d6+46 and got 4, 5, 6, 1, 3 ( Total: 65 ) for Crit
Gerald` rolled 3d8 and got 8, 1, 4 ( Total: 13 ) for Quarry for K
Ernst: "If you showed me this last year, I definitely wouldn’t have believed we were police officers."
Gerald: "This is war now, buddy."
Gerald: "And they fucked with the wrong nation."
Chandrasekhar: "One does what one must in the world's defense, my friend."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO! * 4!] The alchemist takes [82!] After the first hit, the three tieflings each use Grasping Infernal Wrath to deal 15 fire damage to you! [Effect, no attack roll, technically doesn't 'hit' as an attack
Aleith|DM: The bunker smokes and the walls look heavily cracked.
Garrett: "It's been an escalating war."
Phyllis just boggles. She had plans to unlock the bunker and leave it something closer to … intact.
Aleith|DM: The achemist crawls over to the hatch and tosses a metal dodecahedron at Gerald, its vertices flashing red with firegems.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 17 ( Total: 17 )
Gerald‘ [Disruptive Shot]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+32(1) and got 1 ( Total: 33 )
Also rolled 2#d20+32(2) and got 12 [Total: 44]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 77
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 4 ( Total: 31 ) for vs AC
Gerald` rolled d8+36 and got 8 ( Total: 44 )
Aleith|DM: The grenade drops at his feet and goes off in a burst of acid as he keels over from the shotgun. [KO!]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Alchemical Grenade
Aleith|DM: The bunker is filled with acid gas.
Aleith|DM: Murderer G slashes at Chandrasekhar, while I slashes at Garrett!
Gerald: "Okay I’m done here Garrett!"
Garrett: "Good job!"
Ernst scratches his head before offering a shrug to Phyllis.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 10 ( Total: 37.0 )
d20+29: 16 [Total: 45.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Total: 82.0, Avg: 13.00
Aleith|DM: 25 damage to Chandrasekhar and 35 damage to Garrett!
Garrett‘ parries the strike. [Swift Parry] [+6 to defenses against the attack]
Aleith|DM: Sniper C swims along the base of the wall.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 47:Zane | 44:Garrett | 42:Phyllis | 41:Chandrasekhar | 37:Ernst | 34:Sniper C | 32:Gerald | 30:Murderer G | 17:Murderer I |
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane snipes the sniper C.
Garrett` rolled 1d20+31 and got 1 ( Total: 32 )
[OOC] Garrett: v. funny zanebot
Aleith|DM: It splashes in the water beside him.
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` flips his dagger about and shivs Murderer I in the chest. [Piercing Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+33 and got 6 ( Total: 39 ) for vs Ref
Garrett` rolled 2d4r1+36: 4, (1, 3) [Total: 43.0 (High), Avg and got 3.50
Also rolled 5d8 and got 8, 6, 7, 3, 1 [Total: 25 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 68.0, Avg: 4.57
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Phyllis looks around for other spots the Danorans are attacking.
Garrett` then casually moves behind Murderer G. [Move]
Aleith|DM: The last Revelation Murderer takes the opportunity!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 15 ( Total: 42 )
Aleith|DM: But misses as Garrett cheekily sidesteps.
Garrett` also [Slips from the Grasp] of the shadowy tendrils.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis steps around the bunker and attacks G with an [Illusory Ambush]! Gnolls spewing forth from the bunkers, like ants swarming from a damaged hill.
Phyllis rolled d20+28 and got 6 ( Total: 34.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled 2d6+39 and got 6, 2 ( Total: 47.0 )
[OOC] Phyllis: 29
[OOC] Aleith|DM: isn’t that only ranged 10?
[OOC] Phyllis: ughhh i thought it was 20
[OOC] Phyllis: sec lemme see if i can move somewhere else
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for keeper's prescience
Aleith|DM: You're good from there. [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Someone picks off that sniper in the next round or two before he gets very far, I'm sure.
Phyllis uses an AP to regain the use of [Time Stop], while she's at it.
Aleith|DM: Victory! [Milestone, +1 AP]
Phyllis: Yeah, that's why.
Gerald: "Hmm."
Aleith|DM: The Danoran navy is slowly getting closer, but they don't have a 'beachhead' now.
Aleith|DM: Half of the navy begins approaching at full steam.
Ernst patches up Chandra and Gerald before shaking his head. "Looks like a fun time."
Garrett: "Time to put these cannons to work, yeah?"
Aleith|DM: As you begin patching them up, the ships at the fore begin shelling the bunkers with their forward turrets.
Aleith|DM: The gnolls remaining in the bunkers start returning fire.
Aleith|DM: It's going to be very messy.
Gerald: "Looks like they got it under control…"
Gerald‘ teleports back to their new airship, out of the direct line of fire. "
Phyllis: "How’s our getaway coming along?"
Pemberton: "Still need to finish things up. 25 minutes, give or take a few. The rest can be done in the air."
Chandrasekhar: "Hm."
Ernst: "I'd offer to speed that up, but I think they might need me out here."
Chandrasekhar: "The question is, where can we be of use, yes."
Phyllis: "As a boarding party, perhaps?"
Phyllis: "Or we pilot the … those aerial contraptions."
Pemberton: "Any thoughts about heading out in the dragon fliers? Otherwise I'll get some gnolls to harry the fleet and have them meet up with the ship when we take off."
Gerald‘ looks at Ernst, nodding at Pemberton’s words.
Phyllis: "Yes, those." Her expression sours at the name.
Garrett‘ chuckles.
Ernst: "I shouldn’t have any issue using them at least. Can you guys adapt quickly?"
Garrett: "This is going to be incredible or a huge disaster. Or an incredibly huge disaster."
Ernst: "I mean worst case scenario I already fly on my own."
Gerald: "You fly I shoot."
Chandrasekhar: "Let's give the dockers something to sing about, shall we?"
Phyllis: "That covers you two, but the other four of us?"
Gerald: "Uhhh…"
Aleith|DM: Zane and Garret can take one or two as well, with other people or gnolls or Risuri soldiers helping
Gerald: "You fly, Zane shoots, since worst comes to worst you can just command the thing to wrk how you want it to…"
Gerald: "Then leave Chandra and Garrett here to defend the boat."
Pemberton: "Alright, I'll get my best two gnolls in the third flier, then."
Garrett: "Try not to crash into the ocean! At least crash into their ships!"
Phyllis: "Thanks, Garrett."
Chandrasekhar: "I'll be watching." He's grinning and you can hear it.
Phyllis eyes one of the fliers with some trepidation, but … Gerald's right. She can probably swing this.
Garrett‘ wheels about and starts heading down towards the docks, barking out a sailor’s shanty after a number of paces, pausing every now and then to bark a boisterous order.
Aleith|DM: As the dragon fliers take off, the rest of the Danoran fleet starts heading towards the sea gate.
Aleith|DM: There's over a dozen battleships, a few dozen frigates, and at least 50 more smaller steamships.
Aleith|DM: The flagship, La Lux du Raison, stands out for its central turret, which seems to have a giant Wayfarer's Lantern built into it.
Aleith|DM: You make strafing runs over several of the ship. The cannons DO have the ability to track upwards, and some of them fire at you, but all of them miss widely.
Phyllis: "What plane could they possibly be channeling from the lantern?"
Aleith|DM: Some of the soldiers' firearms do manage to hit the fliers, though only making small holes, dents, or glancing off the mithral 'scale' decorations.
Phyllis: Except probably louder and shouting over the propellors.
Aleith|DM: As you get closer to the deadline for the repairs, the bombardment of the eastern sea wall has mostly finished in the Danoran's favour, despite your efforts to pin them down. Five ships pull up beside the wall, while others form lines behind them, connected with bridges. Which you make them pay dearly for, while escort ships on the flanks attempt to shoot you down.
Gerald‘ has a couple rockets ready for that giant Wayfarer’s Lantern. >:E
[OOC] Phyllis: Make It So.
Aleith|DM: The casing cracks slightly, but it seems to have been heavily reinforced. [1 Strike]
Phyllis could probably try to get close enough for a [Spatial Lock], but … that seems risky.
Aleith|DM: Sovereign Jierre shouts back, "you're relics of the past age. You belong in a museum!" He makes a gesture like he's cracking a whip, and the whole army around him returns fire on your flier, Gerald. [Thundercrack]
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+25(1) and got 10 ( Total: 35.0 ) for vs 15 def of biplane
Also rolled 4#d20+25(2) and got 9 [Total: 34.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+25(3) and got 9 [Total: 34.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+25(4) and got 18 [Total: 43.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 146.0, Avg: 11.50
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+25(1) and got 18 ( Total: 43.0 ) for vs 15 def of biplane
Also rolled 4#d20+25(2) and got 13 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+25(3) and got 11 [Total: 36.0 (High), Avg: 11.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+25(4) and got 10 [Total: 35.0 (Low), Avg: 10.00]
Total: 152.0, Avg: 13.00
Aleith|DM rolled 8d10+40 and got 8, 6, 8, 2, 10, 8, 5, 10 ( Total: 97.0 )
Aleith|DM: Dealing 97 damage to the dragon flier.
Gerald: "Hahah."
Gerald: "HEY."
Garrett‘ heads for the eastern sea wall, rallying the troops. "WE’LL SHOVE THE ARMY TO THE DEPTHS AND WATCH THE WATERS RISE WITH THEIR BLOOD! BLAST FORTH!"
Gerald: "I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW…"
Aleith|DM: Meanwhile, the lantern cannon releases a blinding flash of light as it approaches the sea gate. It strikes the gate and vaporizes a twenty-foot wide span. The beam travels far enough to also singe parts of the docks on the other end of the sea wall harbour.
Gerald: "THAT YOUR KIDS DIED LIKE LITTLE BITCHES, JIERRE!"
Gerald‘ continues firing his rockets into the lantern, then switched to the plane’s gattling guns once those are gone.
Aleith|DM: You're blinded (save ends)
Aleith|DM: Everyone is, really.
Aleith|DM: You hear cheers from many of the soldiers after the blast.
Aleith|DM: Once you get your vision back, you can see that the air above the navy is beginning to roil.
Aleith|DM: Roil with psychic energies.
Phyllis: "GESTALT!"
Aleith|DM: You make some more strafing runs on the flagship, doing not a small amount of damage while the lantern cannon begins to recharge.
Aleith|DM: On the wall, soldiers begin to flood it, while scouting teams head into the fortress. Chandrasekhar and Garret fend off one of them.
Aleith|DM: Shortly after this, Pemberton shouts that their ready, and has the gnolls evacuate inland after they get as many as they can on the Coaltongue.
Aleith|DM: Han Jierre, too, has noticed the nascent hivemind.
Aleith|DM: The lantern cannon rotates upwards instead of towards the fortress.
Chandrasekhar: "How inauspicious. Or… perhaps not."
Phyllis decides to get back to the Coaltongue. Being anywhere near that seems like a bad proposition.
Aleith|DM: As the incoporeal mass seems ready to burst into proper reality, La Lux du Raison fires a single shot from the Lantern into the air, dissipating it in seconds.
Aleith|DM: As the last shot was two minutes ago, Pemberton takes the opportunity to get the Coaltongue in the air and make a run for it.
Aleith|DM: As the airship ascends into the sky, Pemberton moves to the back of the ship staring out at the assembled Danoran fleet. The destruction below causes smoke plumes to rise, and the shouting and yells become an inaudible sound as the ship continues to rise.
Aleith|DM: However, after you ascend a couple hundreed feet into the air, several Danoran escort craft fire specialty bolts up at the airship, looking something like overly-large harpoons attached to chains.
Aleith|DM: You have a feeling these were prepared for Pemberton's dragon form, not the first airship of the age, but they're making do.
Phyllis takes her dragon flier around to fire at the chain links.
Aleith|DM: Three of the harpoons manage to impact the hull, ripping into the ship and chaining it in place. The chains slowly begin to retract. It's slow (5 feet per round), but steady.
Aleith|DM: Benedict Pemberton turns away from his scrutinizing of the Danoran fleet, his arms lowered and his thumbs locked through his belt.
Pemberton: "Well now, this is one hum dinger we have here. By the looks of things, our friends down there came with toys to use against me. I so hate to disappoint them, and more, I'd hate to lose this fine ship I spent so much time on. I do believe it's time to join the rodeo."
Aleith|DM: Turning his back to the party, he strips off his gentleman's coat and his pants, then hands them to Pardo to fold. "I'll leave it to you fine folk to get this new-fangled ship unstuck. I'll deal with these ruffians below."
Aleith|DM: With that, Pemberton leaps from the side of the ship, assuming his steely draconic form while falling.
Ernst: "Well then."
Gerald: "Seeing as how you're the only one that can hear me Ernst… I will say, that was Kind Of Cool."
Aleith|DM: You hear loud thuds as well as shouts from men down below.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License