Zg Session 101

Aleith|DM: Winter 70
Aleith|DM: After making a deal with one Titan to kill (or at least maim) another Titan, you've wrapped things up in Bole now that the three Titans causing problems there have been dealt with. You've just arrived by train back in Flint to deal with the last one, She Who Writhes, who's been attacking any ship within her domain - anything within 30 miles of Risur's coast.
Garrett‘ disembarks the train, and looks out over the horizon that holds the sea. He lets out a sigh through puffed cheeks.
Garrett: "This entire season."
Zane rubs a hand over his face and through the cropped mane of his hair, letting out a sigh in echo of Garrett.
Zane: "Not enough knives in the world."
Gerald` pats Garrett.
Garrett` nods. "Right! One more active one to go, and then at some point we rouse the rotty-bastard for a piece of his mind. Well… face."
Phyllis: "Assuming he even has a tongue."
Garrett: "He speaks -somehow-, if we have to get creative, we will."
Zane: "Mm."
Gerald: "I reckon she wouldn’t have asked for one if he didn't have one."
Phyllis: "You really need to read more tales of the fey."
Zane: "Worst case scenario I bring back the part of his brain that controls speech."
Garrett‘ walks down the station, headed towards… either the docks or HQ, whichever’s closer. "Let's figure out where Risur remains navally, as well as anti-drowning measures."
Garrett: "And any way we can stay drier, the better."
Aleith|DM: Chief Inspector Delft isn't exactly your boss now (it may not be official aside from Garrett, but the rest of your are kind of nebulous in the organization's structure now), but he can at least keep you informed.
Zane still answers to Delft as long as he has this here badge!
Zane even makes a point to change into a nice, pressed RHC uniform before heading into the city. Thank you, Hat of Hats.
Garrett‘ heads to HQ, then.
Garrett: "Chief Inspector," he begins, "-what’s been the latest noise with She Who Writhes, anything new?"
Delft: "She's been wrecking any ship that's in at least 30 feet of water within 30 miles of the shore. We've gotten reports via spark-gap from Shale and various coastal outposts about it, including some foreign merchant ships and a couple of Danoran steamships."
Zane: "Aw, the poor Danorans."
Delft chuckles. "Quite."
Gerald: "So what's the plan here then? Round up all the depth charges we got and drop 'em all on her?"
Delft: "Speaking of them, they did quite a number on Flint's navy. We don't have much left. Just the Coaltongue, the Impossible, the Roscommon, and a couple of Danoran steam frigates we've been able to repair after the titan smashed them."
Zane whistles.
Gerald: "Ah. Hm."
Zane: "I wonder… Maybe blowing her up isn't the answer, then."
Garrett‘ rubs his eyes. "Yeah, I was afraid of that." He nods to Zane. "They all seem… reasonably amicable to deals."
Zane taps his finger on his chin. "With our navy cut to splinters, she could be a useful ally in coastal defense."
Gerald: "Not necessarily to reasonable deals, though."
Delft: "There’s been some discussion but we don't have any good ideas yet. She's been seen to straight-up teleport, much like you guys found out a few weeks ago."
Phyllis: "The ocean is her domain, after all."
Zane: "I wonder if she'd be amenable to helping us for a reasonable cut of trade money."
Aleith|DM: While you discuss this, when one of you goes to wash up, a watery image of Beshela, Archfey of the Sea, rises up from the filled washbasin.
Beshela: "The fey titans contest with Risur, but none will cause more damage than my mistress, She Who Writhes. When you are ready to grapple with this menace of the seas, you may find me by placing a bouquet of white lilies on the water at your docks."
Zane looks at the sink like this woman has obviously lost her damned fool mind.
Aleith|DM: The image disappears after giving the message.
Gerald: "Was… that an order to surrender?"
Zane: "She's in for a world of dissapointment if so."
Garrett: "White lilies is more of a purity thing, innit?"
Phyllis: "And she said 'ready to grapple'. I don't think it's surrender."
Gerald‘ shrugs. "Hell if I know, I most definitely don’t get fey."
Zane: "Sometimes I suspect even the other fey don't get fey."
Garrett: "…so. Anti-drowning!"
Gerald: "We probably want someone to cast that water breathing spell on us again in either case."
Phyllis: "I can do so."
Garrett: "And if there's any way to swim better. Not sure a pair of flippers will do it, but…"
Garrett‘ runs a hand through his hair. "…we’ll make do somehow!"
Aleith|DM: When you do go out to meet with Beshela, a few minutes after placing the bouquet, the archfey Beshela rises from the water atop the head of a giant octopus which emerges from the water. As the octopus rises, a half-dozen merfolk mounted on the backs of armored oversized seahorses appear, acting as the archfey’s escort. The archfey seems…contrite
Zane: "Well, fancy meeting you here. Again."
Beshela: "Greeting, constable. I wish to help you calm my mistress."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: *constables
Garrett‘ tilts his head and pauses, before nodding in greeting. "Oh?"
Beshela: "Congratulations on your coronation, Your Majesty."
Beshela: "If you can head out to sea and for the titan to rise, then trap her in shallow water, I can try communicating with her. If I can maintain physical contact with She Who Writhes for half a minute or so, I can perform a ritual to charm her. I could then explain the situation with the Obscurati and open up negotiations between the party and my mistress."
Zane: "Hard to trap her, she can teleport."
Beshela: "I suspect She Who Writhes would agree to aid the party for a year if Risur abandoned use of steam engines and made regular offerings of virile men and golden treasure."
Garrett` spreads his arms to the side. "Thank you, Archfey Beshela, and…"
Gerald` rubs at his face.
Zane: "What is it with fey titans needing to get laid?"
Beshela: "If you can’t come to terms with her, well, at least the titan would be in a vulnerable place so you could defeat her, driving her back to sleep."
Gerald: "They haven't realized they're no longer Gods."
Garrett: "(Hells, do you think the Father of Thunder would wake up for that?)"
Beshela: "I would regret having to betray my mistress in that way, but I recognize there's greater stakes to the world here."
Phyllis: "Do you think there's anything else she would take?"
Beshela: "Nay. That is my best guess. You would have to speak with the Titan herself to negotiate."
Beshela: "As for teleporting…it requires line of sight, yes? Maybe some weather control to churn up the seas and limit sight both above and below the waves…"
Garrett: "The largest smoke-smog screen ever."
Phyllis: "That can be arranged."
Zane nods. "That's all you, Ursinho."
Garrett: "Geography time, then. Closest gathering of shallows that would house her."
Garrett: "Or, well, within 30 miles out…"
Aleith|DM: An eladrin walks up from behind, carefully but quietly. Asrabey calls out, "The Ayres? I will volunteer to help defend Beshela while she attempts to commune with her mistress."
Zane: "Ah, Asrabey. Good timing. How is the wife?"
Garrett: "Asrabey!" He turns, smiling wide. "Good to see you healthy and hale."
Asrabey: "Well met, Your Majesty."
Garrett: "Your assistance is appreciated. Have you managed to cross into what now passes as the Dreaming?"
Asrabey: "No, I'm as trapped here as everyone else. I have disturbing news from a couple of the university professors that Av being moved is likely the cause of that…?"
Zane: "Seems likely. We want to go investigate further, but we've been busy putting out literal and metaphrical fires at home."
Asrabey: "Yes, I've heard about your work around Bole."
Zane: "Mm."
Garrett: "It has been an incredible set of adventures."
Garrett: "And now, we leave on one more, and even then our sleep must continue with one eye open."
Phyllis has been thumbing through a volume, lost in thought.
Garrett: "Shall we take our leave? Any more preparations?"
Zane looks over at Beshala. "Say, you should re-hire your mermaid."
Garrett: "We'll finish the water-breathing ritual, and then come aboard."
Garrett‘ calls for the Roscommon to come aside.
Zane: "We should probably take some gold to get on her good side. She likes treasure, right?"
Beshela: "She most certainly does."
Garrett: "The sparklier the better. Time to… peruse the royal coffers."
Aleith|DM: Okay. It takes a day to get some more mages to help with the weather/sea control rituals, and all of you head out to sea, Beshela and Asrabey mounted on aquatic animals. Once you reach the Ayres, Beshela, Phyllis, and the mages and druids begin casting weather and sea control rituals as you head deeper into the water.
Aleith|DM: She Who Writhes manifests as a creature akin to a giant squid, her body a hundred feet long and her tentacles stretching hundreds more.
Zane exhales slowly. "That… is a very large creature."
Gerald: "Yep."
Aleith|DM: It takes some effort to keep the titan off of the Roscommon while they cast the rituals, but when they do, Phyllis performs a ritual to conjure a hurricane, and Beshela’s ritual shapes the seas and pulls most of the water out from under her into a whirlpool around her, dropping her into a watery depression too shallow for her to teleport out of.
Garrett‘ crosses his arms. "Little wonder every ship is getting destroyed…"
Phyllis: "They don’t call her 'She Who Doggy-Paddles.'"
Zane: "Of course not. Then she'd be a gnoll…"
Garrett: "Hah!" He's got his sea legs fairly well, his lower body swaying with the ship, his upper fairly straight.
Gerald‘ holds on to the railing, while watching the proceedings. "This is kind of nuts, though."
Zane: "More than a little bit." He barely seems to notice the rocking of the boat.
Aleith|DM: Beshela and Asrabey head out on their mounts to swim towards the titan. Anybody else going to borrow an oversized-seahorse to swim out there?
Garrett` grins. "But nothin’ we haven't beaten before!" He rushes forward to disembark from the Roscommon onto a seahorse!
Zane just swims it. He's disgustingly good at that sort of thing.
Aleith|DM: As you get close to her body, it becomes clear that most of the titan's body is a not a solid mass of flesh, but rather thousands upon thousands of smaller tentacles—some suckered like an octopus, some scaled like a shark, others leafy like kelp or covered in jagged golden rasps trawled up from ancient sunken treasure.
Aleith|DM: Her 'face' has two massive eyes but those are merely her most prominent. Dozens more eyes probe out from her body attached to pseudopods, granting her near perfect awareness of her surroundings.
Phyllis takes a seahorse, as well.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGipCwTA1RI
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 37:Ernst | 34:Phyllis | 29:Gerald | 28:Beshela | 27:Zane | 25:Asrabey | 23:Chandrasekhar | 21:She Who Writhes | 19:Garrett |
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20 and got 19 ( Total: 19 )
Ernst rolled 1d20 and got 15 ( Total: 15 )
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 12 ( Total: 12 )
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 37:Garrett | 34:Phyllis | 29:Gerald | 28:Beshela | 27:Zane | 25:Asrabey | 23:Chandrasekhar | 21:She Who Writhes |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst lays down Stocke, and then fires a Siphon Fate and a Magic Weapon at the titan.
[OOC] Ernst: Scrap magic weapon actually
Ernst places a Lightning Sigil on Gerald (+10 lightning damage) and then fires a Siphon Fate.
Ernst rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 13 ( Total: 42.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 14 [Total: 43.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 85.0, Avg: 13.50
[OOC] Ernst: Heroic
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Ernst rolled d8+19 and got 7 ( Total: 26.0 ) for Titan gets -2 to attack rolls and defenses. Gerald gets +2 to defenses and +5 to hit
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett` runs along this fairly firm tentacle and does a rolling leap- stabbing at She Who Writhes’ head! [Minor - Tumbling Strike]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+40 and got 7 ( Total: 47 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Aleith|DM: Also [26!]
Garrett` rolled 3d4r1+28: (1, 2), 4, (1, 4) [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg and got 3.33
Also rolled 5d8 and got 1, 5, 8, 7, 1 [Total: 22 (Low), Avg: 4.40]
Total: 60.0, Avg: 4.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 60!
Garrett: "Here we go!" [Circling Predator]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+40 and got 19 ( Total: 59 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d20+40 and got 3 ( Total: 43 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: 2 hits!
Garrett` rolled 2#1d4r1+33(1) and got 2 ( Total: 35.0 )
Also rolled 2#1d4r1+33(2) and got 4 [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 72.0, Avg: 3.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 72!
Garrett` speeds up! [AP] [Martial Mastery - Refreshes Circling Predator] [Circling Predator]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+40 and got 14 ( Total: 54 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 1d20+40 and got 5 ( Total: 45 ) for vs AC
Garrett` rolled 2#1d4r1+33(1): (1, 4) [Total: 37.0 (High), Avg and got 4.00
Also rolled 2#1d4r1+33(2) and got 2 [Total: 35.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 5d8 and got 2, 6, 8, 4, 3 [Total: 23 (High), Avg: 4.60]
Total: 95.0, Avg: 4.14
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 95!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Garrett: "SHE WHO WRITHES! COME TO SENSES, AND REMEMBER YOUR PACT WITH RISUR- OR I’LL DIG THE MEMORY FROM YOUR SKULL AND SHOW IT TO YA'!"
Aleith|DM: …she doesn't exactly have a skull.
[OOC] Garrett: Some metaphors don't translate very well.
Phyllis summons another spirit through other deals she's made. [Summon Succubus] (minor action). Two more images of Garrett - but with golden hair - swoop in to attack her. [Illusory Ambush, AP->Illusory Ambush]. The Succubus then attacks She Who Writhes on her own, and Phyllis is dazed UEoPNT. [Succubus attack - intrinsic nature]
Phyllis: Oh, well. [Refocus], first.
[OOC] Phyllis: sec
[OOC] Phyllis: phone rang RIGHT then
Phyllis rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 17 ( Total: 44.0 ) for The Illusory Ambushes
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 19 [Total: 46.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 90.0, Avg: 18.00
Aleith|DM: 2 hits!
Phyllis rolled d20+27 and got 1 ( Total: 28.0 ) for The Succubus' attack
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Phyllis: Symbiosis: While the summoned succubus is present, each creature you hit with a basic or at-will attack takes a -4 penalty to attacks rolls made against you until the end of its next turn.
Phyllis rolled 2#2d6+29(1) and got 1, 6 ( Total: 36.0 ) for -6 to first attack, -2 to subsequent UEoPNT
Also rolled 2#2d6+29(2) and got 3, 1 [Total: 33.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 69.0, Avg: 2.75
[OOC] Phyllis: Psychic damage each hit.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 26! 23!
[OOC] Phyllis: -4 tohit Phyllis on top of the Illusory Ambush penalty
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Gerald‘ rolls his shoulder around, marking his [Quarry] and looking for weak points in the… gestal. [Master of the Hunt] He then fires off a few experimental shots. [Manticore’s Volley]
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 11 ( Total: 45 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 6 [Total: 40]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 85
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 16 ( Total: 50 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 9 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 93
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 20 ( Total: 54 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 3 [Total: 37]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 91
Aleith|DM: 1 hit! 2 hits! Crit and miss!
Gerald` rolled d8+45 and got 4 ( Total: 49 )
Also rolled 4d8+45 and got 2, 5, 2, 5 [Total: 59]
Also rolled 5d6+125 and got 1, 5, 6, 6, 5 [Total: 148]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 256
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 256! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: No, there’s no bloodied reaction.
Aleith|DM: Beshela begins communing with She Who Writhes.
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane nimbly steps along the writhing mass of tentacles, dropping a grenade into the mix and darting towards the eyestalks as the Arsenal extends into a bastard sword. [Advanced Grenade, Move, Minor to poison the Arsenal, AP-> Masterstroke]
Zane rolled 1d20+31 and got 4 ( Total: 35.0 )
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 6r2 in 6d6r2+16,50%
Zane rolled 6d6r2+16: (2, 1, 5), 3, 5, 4, (1, 3), 4 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg and got 4.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 20!
[OOC] Zane: so 20
Zane rolled 1d20+32 and got 1 ( Total: 33.0 )
Zane rolled 5d6 and got 1, 1, 6, 5, 5 ( Total: 18 )
[OOC] Zane: there motherfucker, take that accuracy bonus >:E
[OOC] Zane: fucking nevermind I'm an idiot. CARRY ON
Aleith|DM: //Asrabey readies an attack to ward off any tentacles attacking Beshela.

Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Chandrasekhar aims for an eye and sheds a [Corona of Blinding Radiance]!
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+27 and got 7 ( Total: 34 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Garrett` rolled 3d8+12,50% and got 6, 8, 7 ( Total: 16.5 ) for blind UEoNT
[Divine Challenge]
Aleith|DM: She Who Writhes goes suddenly still, and a low trill shakes the air. The pitch rises, and is met by dissonant vibrations from the water. Some unheard vibration twitches your eyes in their sockets, pulses the blood in your veins. Hallucinations of grasping hands press in from your peripheral vision. Voices of everyone you’ve ever known whisper for you to join them beneath the sea. Keening wails spiral above and below inaudibly deep rumbles, until your ears begin to bleed and you would gladly die so you no longer need to listen to this madness. [Deadly Ululation]
Aleith|DM rolled 5#d20+26(1) and got 19 ( Total: 45.0 ) for Chandra, Ernst, Garrett, Gerald, Zane
Also rolled 5#d20+26(2) and got 13 [Total: 39.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+26(3) and got 3 [Total: 29.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+26(4) and got 12 [Total: 38.0 (High), Avg: 12.00]
Also rolled 5#d20+26(5) and got 19 [Total: 45.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 196.0, Avg: 13.20
Aleith|DM rolled d20+22 and got 12 ( Total: 34.0 ) for Phyllis, Stocke, Succubus
Also rolled 2#d20+26(1) and got 3 [Total: 29.0 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Also rolled 2#d20+26(2) and got 2 [Total: 28.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 91.0, Avg: 5.67
Gerald‘ fires a [Disruptive Shot] into its beak, cancelling out the sonic waves in his direction.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+26 and got 3 ( Total: 29.0 ) for Asrabey
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+34(1) and got 14 ( Total: 48 )
Also rolled 2#d20+34(2) and got 17 [Total: 51]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 99
Gerald` rolled 4d8+45 and got 3, 6, 5, 6 ( Total: 65 ) for have some more damage and i’m good
Aleith|DM: Chandra, Phyllis, and Zane take 100 thunder damage and 50 psychic damage and are knocked prone!
Aleith|DM: Everyone else takes 50 thunder and 25 psychic damage!
Zane is out cold instantly. -9 HP
Ernst fires a Energy Conversion on Zane (-9 damage, +14 THP)
Phyllis has means to counter the thunder damage!
[OOC] Phyllis: Elemental Countermeasures
Phyllis rolled d20+38 and got 9 ( Total: 47.0 ) for Arcana check
[OOC] Phyllis: -23
Zane survives thanks to Ernst.
[Chandra burns She Who Writhes for 6 fire+radiant damage!]
Phyllis - wait probably can't use immediates while dazed
Aleith|DM: …no you can't.
Chandra also fires off a [Ray of Reprisal] to save Phyllis!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 65!
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+27 and got 19 ( Total: 46 ) for vs Fort
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 3d6+12 and got 5, 3, 5 ( Total: 25 ) for radiant I think, phyllis takes half damage from the attack
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 25!
Aleith|DM: The titan then writhes furiously. [AP -> Writhing Defence]
[OOC] Phyllis: Book of Kelland gives me Resist All 10, so is that 40 and 15?
Aleith|DM: …yes.
Aleith|DM: Three tentacles strike out Chandrasekhar, Phyllis, and Beshela!
Aleith|DM: -Asrabey blocks the one attacking Beshela
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 5 ( Total: 30.0 )
d20+21: 19 [Total: 40.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Total: 70.0, Avg: 12.00
Aleith|DM rolled d12+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14.0 )
Aleith|DM: 14 (4?) damage to Phyllis and she’s grabbed (Escape DC 33)!
[OOC] Phyllis: 4!
Aleith|DM: She Who Writhes [Bite]s Garrett!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+27 and got 2 ( Total: 29 )
Garrett: "Later, you!"
Aleith|DM: And then one of her massive tentacles, huge enough to crush a warship, swings toward Ernst, Gerald, and Phyllis. [Titanic Tentacle]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+27(1) and got 11 ( Total: 38.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+27(2) and got 19 [Total: 46.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
d20+23: 18 [Total: 41.0 (High), Avg: 18.00]
Total: 125.0, Avg: 16.00
Ernst easily dodges that.
Aleith|DM: Chandra, Garrett, and Zane can OA
Garrett‘ stabs! [OA]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+40 and got 7 ( Total: 47 ) for vs AC
Zane also. [OA]
Zane rolled d20+30 and got 14 ( Total: 44 )
Aleith|DM: hits!
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 4r1 in 2d4r1+33
Garrett` rolled 2d4r1+33: (1, 2), 4 [Total: 39.0 (Avg), Avg and got 3.00
Garrett` rolled 1d20+30 and got 16 ( Total: 46 ) for vs AC, chandra
Aleith|DM rolled 4d12+40 and got 4, 10, 9, 5 ( Total: 68.0 )
Garrett` rolled 2d8+12 and got 3, 6 ( Total: 21 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 39! 21!
Zane rolled 3d10+35 and got 3, 1, 2 ( Total: 41.0 ) for Furious Assault, Attack Finesse, Assassinate (Cold damage from ring), 12 Brute Stance damage dice.
Also rolled 3d8 and got 7, 6, 2 [Total: 15 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 6d10+5 and got 10, 9, 2, 7, 7, 6 [Total: 46.0 (High), Avg: 6.83]
Aleith|DM: //68 damage to Phyllis and Gerald!

Also rolled 12d6 and got 1, 4, 3, 2, 4, 3, 1, 1, 4, 6, 5, 3 [Total: 37 (Low), Avg: 3.08]
Total: 139.0, Avg: 4.12
Aleith|DM: and Gerald is tossed into the water.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 139!
Aleith|DM: Zane, you feel fingers caress your skin, arms clutch your body and hold them tight to an invisible lover. Your skin dews with eager sweat as some strange compulsion pulls you toward the titan’s mouth. [Carnal Impulse]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+25 and got 5 ( Total: 30 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: But you resist.
[OOC] Garrett: he’s not me, yeah
Zane: "Whoa whoa whoa, Do I look like Garrett to you?!"
[OOC] Phyllis: Don't eat the tide pods, Zane.
Garrett‘ opens -his- mouth to protest, but then shuts it and shrugs while combatting tentacles.
Aleith|DM: Oh right, Phyllis, Zane, and Chandrasekhar are deafened (SE) as well.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 40:Ernst | 37:Garrett | 34:Phyllis | 29:Gerald | 28:Beshela | 27:Zane | 25:Asrabey | 23:Chandrasekhar | 21:She Who Writhes |
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst sighs before firing off an infusion at Gerald [Free Action - +51 HP]. He then activates his ring of calling, warping gerald beside him. [Minor] He then places a [Fleeting Dweomer] on him for +8 cold damage. (It’s Vuln cold) Finally he fires of a Positive Energy Infusion -> GMW [AP]
Ernst rolled 2#d20+29(1) and got 12 ( Total: 41.0 ) for PEI
Also rolled 2#d20+29(2) and got 4 [Total: 33.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 74.0, Avg: 8.00
[OOC] Ernst: Hmm. Positive Energy Infusion… missed?
[OOC] Aleith|DM: versus AC? Yeah
Ernst rolled 2#d20+35(1) and got 9 ( Total: 44.0 ) for GMW
Also rolled 2#d20+35(2) and got 2 [Total: 37.0 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Total: 81.0, Avg: 5.50
Aleith|DM: 1 hit!
Ernst rolled 2d8+19 and got 3, 7 ( Total: 29.0 ) for Gerald gets +9 to hit, +5 dmg, Brutal 1
[OOC] Ernst: So that's +9 to hit, +5 base damage, +10 lightning damage, +8 cold damage (vuln 5) and Brutal 1
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ ’s wounds close as he calls out to Phyllis- "Rise, we've got one more push!" [Minor - Majestic Word]
Gerald‘ groans.
Ernst rolled 2d6 and got 5, 2 ( Total: 7 ) for bonus AP damage I never remember
Garrett` rolled 4d6+6 and got 4, 6, 6, 5 ( Total: 27 ) for restore surge HP plus this
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 36!
Gerald: "Alright time for some calimari."
Ernst: "You are far too calm for almost getting murdered."
Garrett` unleashes a flurry of stabs! [Feinting Flurry]
Garrett: !Roll 1d20+40 ; vs Will
Garrett` rolled 1d20+40 and got 11 ( Total: 51 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis jerks up with a start. She’s still being held by She Who Writhes, presumably. " - aaaaaaAAAAAAAA"
Gerald: "Why in the world would I waste energy panicing that I could be channeling into a still, vengeful fury and heighting my senses to the max so I can obliterate this motherfucker?"
Ernst gestures to Phyllis. "Like that."
Garrett: !Roll 5d4r1+33 5d8 ; The target takes a penalty to all defenses from your attacks equal to CHA mod (+6) UEoNT
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 4r1 in 5d4r1+33
Aleith|DM: //Yep, that's why you didn't get slid

Garrett‘ rolled 5d4r1+33: 4, (1, 1, 3), 3, 2, 4 [Total: 49.0 (High), Avg and got 3.20
Also rolled 5d8 and got 8, 2, 2, 6, 4 [Total: 22 (Low), Avg: 4.40]
Total: 71.0, Avg: 3.80
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 71!
Garrett` slashes across a tentacle! [Move->Minor Low Slash]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+40 and got 12 ( Total: 52 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4r1+33 and got 4 ( Total: 37.0 ) for slowed ueont
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis: "END IT, GERALD" [Make It So]
Phyllis is dazed so that’s all she can really do. Scream.
[OOC] Phyllis: Gerald
Aleith|DM: Gerald!
Phyllis: 's next attack autohits!]
Gerald‘ sits up as he finishing flipping a few switches, glances up for a half second.
Gerald: "You’re gunna wanna jump, Zane."
Zane: "Nnngh."
Gerald‘ then unleashes a massive beam of energy that rips the titan apart. [AP Confounding Arrows] -> [Manitcore’s Volley]
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+38(1) and got 13 ( Total: 51 )
Also rolled 2#d20+38(2) and got 13 [Total: 51]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 102
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+38(1) and got 1 ( Total: 39 )
Also rolled 2#d20+38(2) and got 5 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 82
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+38(1) and got 11 ( Total: 49 )
Also rolled 2#d20+38(2) and got 8 [Total: 46]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 95
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+38(1) and got 9 ( Total: 47 )
Also rolled 2#d20+38(2) and got 20 [Total: 58]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 105
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+38(1) and got 9 ( Total: 47 )
Also rolled 2#d20+38(2) and got 4 [Total: 42]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 89
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+38(1) and got 7 ( Total: 45 )
Also rolled 2#d20+38(2) and got 5 [Total: 43]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 88
Aleith|DM: 2 hits! 1 hit! 2 hits! Hit and Crit! 1 hit! 1 hit!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Zane doesnt so much ’jump' as 'get blasted off and land with a vague modicum of grace'.
Aleith|DM: She Who Writhes sags in exhaustion and coughs blood into the sea. She gurgles out that she yields, and asks to be allowed to return to her slumber.
Gerald‘ rolled 4#4d8+63(1) and got 4, 1, 4, 3 ( Total: 75 ) for for funzies
Also rolled 4#4d8+63(2) and got 7, 1, 3, 7 [Total: 81]
Also rolled 4#4d8+63(3) and got 3, 3, 6, 7 [Total: 82]
Also rolled 4#4d8+63(4) and got 2, 5, 3, 4 [Total: 77]
Also rolled 8d8+63 and got 8, 7, 3, 3, 5, 6, 8, 5 [Total: 108]
Aleith|DM: Asrabey looks around warily, as Beshela stands up.
Also rolled 5d6+135 and got 4, 6, 5, 2, 1 [Total: 153]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 576
Gerald` then lands on the water as the various squids are blasted asunder. "That’s why I wasn't freaking out."
Garrett: "Whoa whoa whoa, we're not just saying goodbye with a hand-tentacle shake and a 'best wishes' just yet."
Phyllis slides out of the titan's grip and brings herself upright again, panting while she comes down from that precarious situation.
Zane just stands sorta slumped over, bleeding from his eyes and ears, and unable to make a full list of how many of his bones got cracked from that gods-awful noise.
Aleith|DM: The tendrils that make up the face of She Who Writhes part, revealing the interior and the titan's feminine avatar.
Aleith|DM: The figure glows with bioluminescence, while around her writhe the mindless but still-alive bodies of hundreds of previous victims, they expressions rapt with physical ecstasy.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Even this female figure is just a ruse, like the tempting orb of an anglerfish. Up close she is nothing more than dozens of wriggling tentacles, slick with bloody mucous.
She Who Writhes: "WE ARE TIRED."
Garrett‘ walks closer but keeps a sane distance. To him. It’s like 20 feet maybe.
Garrett: "Yeah I can see that."
Phyllis: "Then why did you wake again?"
Garrett: "And we're incredibly busy. So we'll make this real quick- the destruction of the many Risurian ships, while pleasurable to you, is a problem for us. However, we are interested in creating an alliance in this new age of reason."
Phyllis: "We still need some sort of naval defense, but our fleet's wiped out, in other words."
Garrett: "And we're not proposing you sink every ship our way- we do enjoy trade."
She Who Writhes: "I WOKE WHEN THE VOICE OF ROT SENT YOU BACK HERE."
She Who Writhes: "BUT NOW, KING, YOU HAVE BESTED ME."
Phyllis: "We gathered. Is that only 'when' or also 'why?'"
She Who Writhes: "EVERYTHING THAT CHANGED THE NEXT NIGHT WOULD HAVE WOKEN ME REGARDLESS."
Aleith|DM: The voice nominally comes from the glowing avatar, but whispers ove the voice come from all around you.
Gerald: "That is… really annoying."
Phyllis: "While that may be, our return is what originally woke you? Actions by the Voice of Rot?"
Phyllis: "I understand you and him have your … tensions."
She Who Writhes: "YES."
Beshela: "Mistress, the Obscurati are the ones that changed the world. They strive to rule over all of it-."
She Who Writhes: "I CANNOT HELP. I NEED TO SLUMBER ONCE MORE."
Phyllis: "Can't, or won't? Is there not anything we can offer you?"
Garrett: "'Need' is interesting." He walks a little closer. "Most the titans have grumbled about wanting it, but 'need'."
Aleith|DM: The figure writhes more slowly. "YOU HAVE SOUNDLY DEFEATED ME."
Phyllis: "Yes, as we did to the Father of Thunder, but he still had time to cut a deal before bed."
Phyllis: "He had nothing of value to offer, though. You do."
Phyllis: "We came here to seek an audience, not merely to beat you back."
Aleith|DM: Her entire body seems to unravel into millions of smaller tentacles, which dissolve into the sea.
[OOC] Garrett: "admittedly the stabbing and shooting and slashing and whatnot might have given you the wrong impression"
Gerald: "I can help you get into a real, deep sleep if you don't want to speak with our King after you broke your pact with our nation and because destroying our navy."
Phyllis sighs. "Alright then."
Garrett‘ snorts.
Gerald` glances over at Garrett with a questioning look.
Zane grunts. "Typical."
Garrett: "I think we kicked her ass too hard." He glances over at Beshela.
Aleith|DM: The archfey sighs. "Probably."
Garrett: "Well, if we didn’t, we'd probably be fish food."
Garrett: "Let's round up these… survivors best we can."
Garrett: "Get them trated and some rest, orange juice helps a lot."
Beshela: "That's fair. You're even more competent than I expected, though you did best the Voice of Rot even before becoming king, Your Majesty."
Garrett: "Aw, that was definitely a team effort there. We've got another meeting with Rot beforelong as it is. To which…"
Aleith|DM: Spots of the sea begin to glow red wherever blood touched the waves. Which is quite a bit of it.
Garrett: "Have either of you heard any word of Rot within this plane?"
Aleith|DM: Both Asrabey and Beshela shake their heads.
Aleith|DM: The glowing blood drifts and begins to coalesce in a single spot.
Gerald: "uhh…"
Gerald: "Phyllis?"
Gerald‘ gestures at the spectical.
Phyllis: "The new plane of water has an aspect of blood. I wasn’t entirely sure what it meant, though."
Phyllis inspects what she can. Arcana?
Aleith|DM: From the pool of blood emerges a form of pure crimson, feminine but with jagged edges. As the figure rises, a dozen scab-colored chains strike out from the pool, trailing from hooks in her arms and back and legs as she approaches.
Ashima-Shimtu: "Long did the seneschal of the Demonocracy wait in her prison, roiled with bitterness and hungry for her revenge. As she bled into the sacred well, Ashima-Shimtu found she could see through the seas and glimpse the tide of history. But centuries tempered her anger, and a foreign power—empathy—began to stir within her."
Ashima-Shimtu: "In this new age, her bonds are weakened, and the red waters of a world named Ostea grant her the power to do more than simply watch. Yet Ashima-Shimtu seeks not to use these powers for herself. She remains a prisoner, and places the decision to free her in the hands of foreigners. She wishes to show good will, however, and so offers tidings that may be of interest."
Zane: "Well well."
Ashima-Shimtu: "First, a glimpse. Philosophers and politicians of several nations travel west, but toward what end Ashima-Shimtu cannot see."
Ashima-Shimtu: "Second, a warning. When Ashima-Shimtu gazed upon the western shore of the land of beastmen and fallen dragons, something gazed back. She had not seen its like in this world."
Ashima-Shimtu: "Third and final, an opportunity. The island at the axis of the world, much contested these past decades, fell to invasion shortly after the heavens rained and the sun departed. A fleet of gnolls under the banner of a steel dragon conquered the island, and may have prevented the one called Nicodemus from completing his grand design. Retaliation was attempted by the navy whose flag bears scroll and sword, but the kraken queen drove them back."
Ashima-Shimtu: "Now the titan's dominion has passed, and the seas reopen. Soon the axis may shift again, and whatever secrets lie there will once again be obscured. Ashima-Shimtu entreats her heroic jurors to reach the island while they still can. Her own liberation on another mysterious island can wait."
Garrett: "And wait she shall. No rest for the weary, no liberation for the thankful."
Aleith|DM: Beshela and Asrabey stare at the blood-version of demoness with not a bit of horror.
Phyllis: "Pemberton being the dragon, I imagine."
Zane: "Gradiax."
Phyllis nods at Zane.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: not a just a little bit
Zane bows politely to Ashima-Shimtu. "Your gift of knowledge is appreciated."
Gerald: "Ahh…"
Gerald: "I guess Pemberton enjoyed Nicodemus' party even less than we did. That's… funny."
Garrett: "Thank you for your words. The world will continue to shift, I do hope you enjoy it."
Zane straightens up with an audible grinding of bones. "I wonder if I get to kill him this time."
Gerald: "Also she's cool, Asrabey."
Asrabey: "…if you say so."
[OOC] Zane: not if the dice have anything to say about it, heyoooo
Gerald‘ finally powers down his blaster.
Gerald: "Who, the dragon? Yeah I reckon he’s ran out of tricks if he's opted to sitting on Nico's horde, so he shouldn't have anywhere else to run when we get there."
Zane: "One can only hope."
Aleith|DM: Ashima-Shimtu's blood simulacrum vanishes as the edges of her body dry to scabrous powder and blow away.
Gerald: "For real though every time we run into that lady she's all, 'but it's cool you don't have to free me'. Do you think… she *likes* being on those hooks or something…?"
Zane: "That or she feels like she SHOULD be there."
Phyllis: "Her alternative is being tossed into magma, like the rest of the demonocracy."
Gerald: "Eh just stay outa Danor and avoid the Clergy… which any sane person should be doing anyway…"
Garrett: "It's okay, we don't really need more things on our plate at this juncture anyway."
Garrett: "After the rescue here and a respite in town, we'll be heading to Axis Island."
Aleith|DM: You level up to 24.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License