Zg Session 09

Aleith|DM: The sun descends brilliantly, gleaming off the waters of Flint Harbor, though the light is dulled by a haze across the city. Buildings far below cast long shadows in the streets. The darkness grows, consumes the city, and for a moment the mountain top is the only thing still illuminated. Then the night claims it as well.
Aleith|DM: City lights smear out below you, but overhead the stars are brilliant and clear. Nevard says that he must study the stars for as long as possible, and that in the morning he will sleep.
Aleith|DM: Within an hour the air drops from the warmth of a tropical summer to a soul-chilling winter freeze. The wind fluctuates wildly, sometimes eerily still, then bursting with gusts that shake every tree on the mountaintop. Moans slide across the peak like waves, and when the wailing wind quiets, the party can hear suddenly-dry leaves cracking underfoot, and erratic bursts of malevolent laughter further down the slope.
Aleith|DM: Ernst, make an Endurance check.
Ernst rolled d20+3 and got 14 ( Total: 17.0 )
Aleith|DM: You're fine, the cold isn't that bad with the fire.
Aleith|DM: Garrett, you can hear voices all around, but the sound is muted, like a party down the street.
Aleith|DM: Everyone (Chandra, Ernst, Garrett, Gerald, Phyllis), make Stealth checks with a +2 bonus from the camoflauge Zane setup.
Ernst rolled d20+1 and got 20 ( Total: 21.0 )
Garrett‘ sinks into the foliage.
Ernst is really fucking good at hiding. The party didn’t even realize he was there when they climbed the mountain.
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+11 and got 3 ( Total: 14 )
Gerald` rolled d20+11 and got 7 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: Seems like it, Ernst.
Phyllis frowns, looking at the ring of blood with some trepidation, then scuttles in at the last second.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Phyllis rolled d20+3 and got 9 ( Total: 12.0 )
Aleith|DM: You start to see shadows moving in the trees, creeping upward toward the peak. Wispy white spirits circle and swoop lazily to the silent music, and though they do not seem to see you, slowly more and more float by the camp, as if attracted by a scent.
Aleith|DM: Then the actual monsters show up.
Aleith|DM: First something that looks like a semi-transparent legless man, its head just a bare skull, crawls hand over hand toward your camp. It’s hard to make out details in the dark, but it stops when it reaches the ring of blood, and then it turns to follow. Eager, maddened chuckling comes from the thing, like it's excited about an imminent meal.
Aleith|DM: Then a crowd of foot-high goblin-like spectres approach from the other direction, cavorting and jumping in wild circles like it’s a celebration. They suddenly stop when they spot the ring of paint, and they too start to follow it, gibbering to each other in a gutteral language.
Aleith|DM: In the following minutes they’re joined by horned vestiges of tiefling-like demons, a growling lion whose head is framed by a cluster of writhing snakes, bat-winged rats whose screeching rattles your heads, and more-–all of them barely visible, like they’re pressing up against a veil trying to reach into this world.
Aleith|DM: None of them cross the ring, but within an hour you are surrounded on all sides by crowds of monsters, all of them mindlessly tracing endless circles in search of something to devour.
Chandrasekhar watches the monsters with rapt interest and not a trace of fear.
Aleith|DM: And this is going to go on all night. Anything you guys want to do to prevent yourselves from going a bit crazy from the mind-eroding cacophony of wails on the wind?
Gerald: "This isn't so different from when the bars do last call, all things considered."
Ernst passes the time by tinkering with his robot. He seems to be a bit on edge honestly. (Also summoning my robot early since I have a literal entire night to do so.)
Phyllis: You know…
Garrett‘ is content to stay well hidden and watch the parade. Chews a bit of feyweed.
Phyllis: We could use a little bit of [Silence.] (Ritual.)
Aleith|DM: Nevard starts humming to himself as he begins looking at the stars in the sky.
Chandrasekhar has solved this problem by already being a bit crazy; there’s something a little wild-eyed about his interest in the monsters. Phyllis is probably used to this.
Aleith|DM: Yes. That will do quite nicely, actually.
Aleith|DM: …do you have ritual components?
[OOC] Phyllis: don't we handwave it as spending GP and going 'they were components the whole time' also can I borrow 25 GP
Ernst has 5 GP to his name.
Chandrasekhar: "Fae lifetimes in which to develop and further the concepts of harmony and visvaram, and yet we cannot match the… -power-, the hunger, in these animal wails." He's turned on Phyllis, breathlessly regaling her, absentmindedly handing her the components she'd asked him to pick up and keep on his person.
Garrett‘` has 40 on him, almost as if he had some aside so Phyllis could ask for them, OR WAS IT HER DOING ALL ALONG?
Gerald` is probably mostly playing solitare while keeping an eye out.
Aleith|DM: Well, as long as it gets covered, I’ll handwave it.
[OOC] Phyllis: let's say Chandra covered it and I owe him the 25
Aleith|DM: Anyway, good job, nobody loses a healing surge from psychic damage.
Phyllis takes a few minutes to further ward the area from sound, inscribing a few runes in the dirt behind her hiding spot. "It's not really something to aspire to."
Chandrasekhar: "…mm. I suppose I was getting a little carried away, wasn't I?"
Gerald: "Yup."
Aleith|DM: Occasionally unnatural drowsiness will slide across one of you, only to snap back away moments later. Or you might hear eerie horns playing in the night, despite the zone of Silence. Phyllis spots the party sitting on the opposite rise for a moment at one point, before the image disappears.
Aleith|DM: Then an apparition manifests in the center of the circle of blood: a velvet red curtain hovers in the air, looking completely solid, glowing as if hit by a spotlight that doesn’t exist. The curtain sways, and there seem to be figures on the other side.
Chandrasekhar tilts his head to the side.
Aleith|DM: Nilasa, slightly transparent, steps out from behind the curtain, putting a hushing finger to her lips, then points out into the night and says, "The man who killed me is coming. His face is scarred, so he hides behind many faces." Then she raises a featureless black mask to her face. When she puts it on she fades away, as does the curtain. The air is suddenly thick with the stench of burnt engine grease.
Gerald: "Garrett I think maybe you are smoking too much, I'm seeing things."
Aleith|DM: You've only just begun to see things.
Aleith|DM: The stars overhead seem to streak in lines as time stretches out, and then to the north, down by Parity Lake, a building catches fire with dreamlike swiftness. Suddenly you find yourselves standing between two factories, and two tongues of flame leap from one to the the next, like a pair of burning dragons. Screams erupt from the people trapped inside, the conflagration consumes the factories, and the charred buildings collapse to reveal tomorrow morning's sunrise. A blackened sign sits in the ash, saying 'Sechim's Alkahest & Etchings.'
Aleith|DM: Then the vision ends with a snap, and you're again standing on the black peak of Cauldron Hill.
Garrett: "So long as they're the same thing I'm seein', it's okay."
Aleith|DM: Nevard, still looking at the stars, gives a knowning hum. He points up at a red star. "Jiese, the plane of fire, is brighter tonight than usual. Its light reflects off the lake. You saw it, didn't you?"
Gerald: "Uh, the girl that jumped out the window being some kind of weird opera performer and then factories burning…?"
Garrett: "Saw it, heard it, wish I hadn't, glad I did."
Phyllis: "I told you guys, back on the island. Astral interference from Jiese."
Phyllis points at Gerald.
Chandrasekhar blinks, repeatedly, switching into a breathing exercise against mohya by training, beginning to understand why a skyseer may have wanted to use this hill. "Yes."
Gerald: "I have a lot more experience with narcotics than I do weird planer energy hallucinations."
Aleith|DM: Nevard continues watching the sky for more signs as the hours pass by.
Ernst chews at his lip. "Those creatures aren't bothering any of you, though?"
Phyllis doesn't flinch from the experience, having been through more or less the same thing many times when inflicting Charm spells on herself to familiarize her with the effects.
Gerald: "Tuning them out, mostly."
Phyllis smirks at Ernst. "You want me to show you worse?"
Chandrasekhar: "Now, now. Be nice."
Garrett‘ wordlessly reaches a hand over to Ernst. There’s a pinch of feyweed between his fingers.
Phyllis looks out at the city. "Though. Sechim's factory. When is it safe to move from here?"
Gerald: "Morning, I'd guess."
Garrett: "Even though this stakeout is going swimmingly, probably want to get the local forces on the horn ahead of us."
Ernst glances at Phyllis. "I'm sure I'll see worse eventually. Everything seems to be going to shit lately."
Garrett: "When we dragass back down that is."
Nevard: "The spooks will have all left by morning. If the vision is accurate, the fire won't start until a bit before that. I want to see as much as possible, but we can leave well before dawn. Just need to distract the spooks before departing."
Phyllis: "Distract them with what? Other than tossing a glowstick very far away."
Ernst shrugs. "I can throw the robot at them."
Nevard: "Pretty much exactly that, actually. Light is a brilliant distraction for them, pardon the pun."
Phyllis: "Well…"
Phyllis: "Give me a signal and I can make it glow."
Phyllis: "And just tell it to keep running."
Aleith|DM: Slightly after midnight, a brilliant glow lights up the mountaintop, filling the other peak with bright light. All the monsters surrounding the ring of blood turn to look.
Aleith|DM: A humanoid figure holds the sunrod, its body inhumanly angular, its skin featureless and black like a silhouette. It sprints to the near edge of the other rise and then hurls the sunrod. The glowing beacon arcs and then hits right in the center of your camp. As one, the monsters surrounding the blood ring lock eyes on the party and attack.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Serpent-Lion | 19:Garrett | 19:Gerald | 19:Cackling Crawler | 18:Ernst | 16:Hag Wraith | 16:Vestige of Death | 15:Chandra | 12:Phyllis | 11:Nevard | 11:Spooks |
Ernst: "So uh."
Garrett‘ sighs.
Gerald: "Uh."
Phyllis: "Son of a bitch."
Ernst: "I’m guessing nobody took the vision seriously when they said that guy was coming?"
Gerald: "Yeah, weird fey hallucinations are always direct and upfront and honest and helpful."
Phyllis: "I thought she meant eventually."
Aleith|DM: The lion jumps over the line of blood and strikes at Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 1 ( Total: 10 ) for A Thousand Bites
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Garret, Gerald?
Garrett
[OOC] Garrett: so do those auras stack, aleith
Aleith|DM: the Spooks? I'm going to say no
Gerald‘ marks the Vestige of Death in front of him as his quarry, then unloads a Twin Fanged Strike on it.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 3 ( Total: 13 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 1 [Total: 11]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 24
Aleith|DM: Oh
Aleith|DM: Well
Aleith|DM: You can’t target it
Gerald: "…" Gerald rubs at his eyes, then reloads.
Aleith|DM: I should probably mention that
Aleith|DM: It flickered in and out of sight
Aleith|DM: So I'm just going to hide that for now
Aleith|DM: You can feel free to miss something else though!
[OOC] Gerald: i imagine that misses the lion anyway
Aleith|DM: Yes, sadly
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Aleith|DM: (It's a Lurker)
Garrett‘ slinks over to the Cackling Crawler and does a brazen [Opening Move] with his dagger!
Garrett` rolled 1d20+11 and got 14 ( Total: 25.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 2d4+6 and got 4, 1 ( Total: 11 )
Also rolled 2d6 and got 1, 1 [Total: 2]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 13
Garrett` redoubles his efforts! [AP]
Garrett` slyly strikes! [Sly Flourish]
Aleith|DM: I supposed if you’ve got the advantage, might as well make use of it
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+11 and got 7 ( Total: 18.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+9 and got 2 ( Total: 11 ) for slaying action allows a second use of sneak attack on AP expenditure to attack
Also rolled 2d6 and got 6, 6 [Total: 12]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 23
Garrett` also gains +5 AC/Ref UEoNT
Aleith|DM: …well then.
Aleith|DM: The Cackling Crawler retaliates by reaching for your legs.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 16 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: …which misses due to your bonus???
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst lazily activates his Repulsion armor. [+5 THP] He then slaps down his punishing eye on the Serpent Maned Lion. [Where’s my icon anyways] He takes a step to the side.
Aleith|DM: The hag wraith walks into the circle, stepping up to Phyllis and then reaching for her face.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 16 ( Total: 24 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: The wraith forces you into a horrid embrace and vomits worms through your unwilling lips. [Kiss of Worms]
Aleith|DM rolled d6+3 and got 4 ( Total: 7.0 )
Aleith|DM: Dealing 7 psychic damage, and Phyllis is dazed (save ends)!
Aleith|DM: The vestige of death reappears and floats up to Gerald, reaching out for him.
Aleith|DM: Purple fire flickers on the devil’s scaled hand as it brushes your cheek. The world darkens briefly as if a veil had been pulled across your soul. [Caress of Death]
Aleith|DM: Gerald takes 5 fire damage and gains one Shroud.
Aleith|DM: Gerald can now see the Vestige even when it is not its turn.
Aleith|DM: (But nobody else can)
Gerald: "Huuuh."
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar?
Chandrasekhar [Divine Challenge]s the Lion in front of him then draws his sword and [Virtuous Smite]s it on the nose.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 9 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+5 and got 1 ( Total: 6 ) for radiant, enemy inflicted with Vuln 3 Radiant until end of my next turn
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 6!
Aleith|DM: Take 3 poison damage from the aura
[OOC] Phyllis: also Eye's extra psychic damage?
Aleith|DM: …yes
[OOC] Ernst: +4
Aleith|DM: Ernst please put an attribute on that thing for that
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis covers her mouth, disgusted and horrified by the hag wraith. If there's one charm to get this thing away from her ASAP, it's [Charm of Misplaced Wrath].
Phyllis rolled d20+7 and got 20 ( Total: 27.0 ) for vs Will, it has an Effect even if it misses so hold up
Aleith|DM: …Crit!
[OOC] Phyllis: Why do I crit on something that doesn't directly do damage
Aleith|DM: And the Kiss of Worms is its only basic attack.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 10 ( Total: 18 ) for vs Will
Phyllis slides the wraith a few squares towards the lion and has it - yes, that.
Aleith|DM rolled d6+3 and got 6 ( Total: 9.0 )
[OOC] Phyllis: With +2 to damage!
Aleith|DM: …wait that does 4 extra damage too, doesn't it
Aleith|DM: from teh eye
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!
Aleith|DM: and dazed (SE)
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for speaking of
Aleith|DM: Saved!
Phyllis makes a rude gesture towards the hag wraith, still livid.
Aleith|DM: Nevard takes a step back, then glances at the stars, offering Gerald a soft word of guidance. [Look Skyward]
Aleith|DM: Gerald, choose an attack power, roll a d20, and mark the result.
Aleith|DM: The next time you would make an attack roll for that power during this encounter, your first roll is that.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: You can still use powers that modify the roll when using the attack if you wish
Dicebot: Multiple Dice Error: Unable to parse nimble in nimble
Gerald‘ rolled d20 and got 12 ( Total: 12 ) for nimble strike I guess
Aleith|DM: Spectral goblins, swooping bats, tiny horned men, baying hounds, and disembodied heads scamper and dance in a slow, endless horde, ascending to the peak of Cauldron Hill.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Serpent-Lion | 19:Garrett | 19:Gerald | 19:Cackling Crawler | 18:Ernst | 16:Hag Wraith | 16:Vestige of Death | 15:Chandra | 12:Phyllis | 11:Nevard | 11:Spooks |
Aleith|DM: A couple more spooks appear.
Aleith|DM: There goes any plan of having the lion try to skirt around Chandra.
Aleith|DM: He and his mane bite at Chandra again! [A Thousand Bites]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 18 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM rolled d10 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
[OOC] Phyllis: Wait hold up the hag should be dazed SE too
Aleith|DM: okay, mark that
Aleith|DM: You should be doing that for your own powers anyway
Aleith|DM: I certainly don’t have them memorized
[OOC] Phyllis: It sounded like you did! I didn't realize you meant from Kiss of Worms haha
Aleith|DM: …though it will only be so long before your at-wills are.
Aleith|DM: 2 damage, and ongoing 5 poison (save ends) to Chandrasekhar!
Aleith|DM: (This means Chandra takes 5 poison damage at the start of his turn until he saves to end it)
Aleith|DM: Garrett? Gerald?
Gerald‘ gunna fire off a [Nimble Strike] at the vestiage, sliding back as part of the attakc before he shoots because that’s why he has the power. That was with the minor to from his agic shotgun! He then reloads and will take his standard after seeing damage.
Aleith|DM: I should mention that you still can't hit the vestige yet
Gerald: you should, yes.
Gerald: especially after saying I can see it!
Aleith|DM: you can see it…faintly.
Aleith|DM: you could always ready an action to shoot it when it appears, though
Gerald: i'll just kill the lion
Aleith|DM: Also a good choice
Gerald‘ rolled d20+12 and got 17 ( Total: 29 ) for second cos roll, first hit
[OOC] Phyllis: Don’t forget CA from d - oh like it mattered
Aleith|DM: …yeah.
Gerald‘ rolled d2d8+6 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for that was with CA anyway
d6: 4 [Total: 4]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 5
Gerald: er
[OOC] Ernst: Eye.
Gerald` rolled 2d8+6+4 and got 4, 3 ( Total: 13 )
[OOC] Gerald: 17 total
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 7 ( Total: 7 ) for save for lion
Gerald` will twin fang strike it now!
Aleith|DM: didn’t save anyway
Aleith|DM: oh dear
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Gerald‘ rolled 4#d20+12(1) and got 7 ( Total: 19 )
Also rolled 4#d20+12(2) and got 18 [Total: 30]
Also rolled 4#d20+12(3) and got 6 [Total: 18]
Also rolled 4#d20+12(4) and got 18 [Total: 30]
Aleith|DM: Hits!
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 97
Chandrasekhar: "Remind me never to get on your bad side."
Gerald` rolled 2d8+6+3 and got 6, 2 ( Total: 14 )
Also rolled 2d8+6+4 and got 2, 7 [Total: 15]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 29
Gerald: "Huh? Okay!"
Aleith|DM: It’s reeling, but still standing!
[OOC] Phyllis: Eye?
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: eeyyyeee
[OOC] Gerald: oh right seperate hits, doube eye proc. It's dead
Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: The lion collapses, its snakes all hissing one last breath before they fall limp.
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Chandrasekhar: "Nicely done!"
Garrett‘ edges back from the crawler [Shift - Move Action] and flings his shuriken at the Hag! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+12 and got 12 ( Total: 24 )
Garrett` rolled 1d6+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11 ) for and then eye damage
Also rolled 2d6 and got 6, 1 [Total: 7]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 18
Aleith|DM: is that +8 including the +4 from eye or not
[OOC] Garrett: it is not
Aleith|DM frowns.
[OOC] Garrett: +4 dex +3 cha +1 light blade bonus from having CA
Aleith|DM: Anyway, [11!]
Aleith|DM: It’s insubstantial
[OOC] Phyllis: sly flourish is dex + mod damage yeah <3
[OOC] Phyllis: er dex + cha
[OOC] Garrett: is that 11 with the +4 from eye
Aleith|DM: yesa
[OOC] Phyllis: 22 total, and all halved for insubstantial
Aleith|DM: Correct
Aleith|DM: The cackling crawler edges towards you and lunges for Garrett's legs again! [Clamber]
[OOC] Garrett: ok
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11 )
Aleith|DM: This is not being very effective.
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
[OOC] Phyllis: Looks like Garrett's got a LEG UP ON THE COMPETITION
Aleith|DM: oh my god
[OOC] Garrett: 5 psychic damage to everyone who read that
Ernst moves his robot towards the Hag Wraith and attacks it with [Magic Weapon]
Ernst rolled d20+9 and got 18 ( Total: 27.0 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled d8+9 and got 1 ( Total: 10.0 ) for Gerald gains +1 power bonus to attack rolls and +2 to all damage rolls until my next turn
Garrett: "You ready, Ernst? Watch your feet, this fella's comin' back with me."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 5!
Ernst nods to Garrett. "If you ever need to step back my repulsion armor will just knock it away."
[OOC] Ernst: EoT since no one is hurt bad enough to justify an infusion
Aleith|DM: The hag wraith reaches towards Chandrasekhar. [Kiss of Worms]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 2 ( Total: 10 ) for vs will
Aleith|DM: The vestige reappears, brushing Gerald's face again for 5 fire damage and another shroud.
Chandrasekhar kicks it back. Ugh.
Aleith|DM: It disappears again, but Gerald can see it a bit better. You can probably hit it for half damage now?
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar?
Gerald: "Hmm…"
Phyllis is still wiping her mouth from the 'kiss.' "Blech. Something up, Gerald?"
Gerald: "Oh, just this spooky g-g-g-g-g-ghost thing." He shrugs,
Chandrasekhar retaliates by placing a divine challenge down against the hag wraih! He follows it up with a [Virtuous Strike]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 14 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Aleith|DM: Vulnerable 5 radiant!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: is that 5 extra damage?
[OOC] Gerald: yes
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+5+5 and got 1 ( Total: 6 ) for radiant, afflicted by vuln 3 radiant, which idk if that stacks but a paladin always lives in hope
[OOC] Ernst: +4 eye you're all bad
Aleith|DM: I think, sadly, it does stack
[OOC] Gerald: no stack, take the largest
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: sugar can't do math so I guess that's 11? plus 4
Aleith|DM: Hmmm you're right I don't think it stacks
Aleith|DM: anyway that's [7!] damage
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: god damn it Gerald‘
Aleith|DM: Sadly it does not lose insubtantial
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: wait I thought radiant cut through insubstantial??? or
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: doman you lied to me ; ;
Aleith|DM: Not always
Chandrasekhar rolled 1d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 ) for saving throw!
[OOC] Phyllis: i said ’often'
Aleith|DM: failed
Ernst shakes his head at Chandra. "No, no. You do it like this." [Brooch of No Regrets - Use this power when an ally fails a saving throw. They get to reroll with a +2 power bonus. +5 THP to myself for using an item power.]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20 and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for lol
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for save for wraith
[OOC] Ernst: More like d20+2 but you still passed
Aleith|DM: hey I can divide a d100 by 5 just fine :(
Aleith|DM: I guess you save
[OOC] Phyllis: fue gave him a reroll yeah
Aleith|DM: oh yes
Aleith|DM: yes he did
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis picks up the sunrod with a [Mage Hand, Minor] and [Moves] it around the pillar behind her. Then she inflicts visions of snakes jumping down her throat onto the hag. [Phantasmal Assault]
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 11 ( Total: 20.0 ) for vs Will, with CA
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled d8+8+4 and got 7 ( Total: 19.0 ) for grants CA until EoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 9!
Aleith|DM: Nevard offers Garrett a word of guidance. [Look Skyward]
Aleith|DM: Choose a power, make a roll, that's your next attack roll with it.
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for piercing strike
Garrett: "Ahh… that’s the beautiful future."
Aleith|DM: The spooks edge closer.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 19:Garrett | 19:Gerald | 19:Cackling Crawler | 18:Ernst | 16:Hag Wraith | 16:Vestige of Death | 15:Chandra | 12:Phyllis | 11:Nevard | 11:Spooks |
Aleith|DM: Garrett? Gerald?
Gerald‘ [Reloads], [Activates his cloaks power to get 5 Resistance EoNT], [Nimble Strike]s the Hag.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 2 ( Total: 12 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 1 [Total: 11]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 23
[OOC] Ernst: +1 to power rolls from magic weapon
[OOC] Gerald: it’s in there, yes.
Aleith|DM: Miss! Garrett?
Garrett‘ edges back again [Shift - Move Action] and chucks his shuriken at the Hag again. [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: Miss vs AC
[OOC] Garrett: yeah it’s AC
Aleith|DM: The crawler pulls itself towards Garret and Ernst, reaching for the rookie-
Ernst: "Want it beside you still, Garett or away from both?"
Garrett: "Eh, well… I'm about to stab it, but it's going nowhere fast."
Garrett: "You can do whatever."
Ernst nods before shoving it back a tile.
Aleith|DM: It…moves again and ends its turn.
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst: "Well if you're going to be like that…"
Ernst gestures as his eye moves into a better position.
Gerald: "Heeeey."
Gerald: "I was gunna use that." Frown.
Ernst adjusts that to an even BETTER position.
Ernst then has his robot hit the hag with another [Magic Weapon]
Ernst rolled d20+9 and got 19 ( Total: 28.0 ) for vs AC
Phyllis: "So, Nevard. Any chance you'll see anything else in the stars after this interruption?"
Ernst rolled d8+9 and got 4 ( Total: 13.0 ) for Gerald gains +1 Power bonus to attack rolls and +2 bonus to damage rolls
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 6!
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
Nevard: "No, I've seen enough now. Toss the sunrod over the cliff and the majority should leave us alone."
Phyllis: "That's basically the plan."
Aleith|DM: The wraith reaches for Chandrasekhar again.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 17 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM rolled d6+3 and got 1 ( Total: 4.0 )
Ernst: "Seeing as I didn't shift I won't be able to repel it again, Garrett. I hope you have a plan before it eats me."
Aleith|DM: 4 psychic damage, and Chandrasekhar is both dazed (save ends) and sickened by a pile of worms being forced down his throat.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for save
[OOC] Phyllis: what keywords does that particular attack have
Aleith|DM: Psychic, Charm
Chandrasekhar: "Hrrkhrhrhgh-"
[OOC] Phyllis: Hahahaha he gets +5 to charm saves so he probably won't be dazed long
Aleith|DM: pr. not
Aleith|DM: The vestige reappears, touching Gerald for another 5 fire damage.
Garrett: "Well…"
Gerald‘ doesn’t even feel it.
Aleith|DM: It materializes a bone-white scythe before disappearing…to everyone but Gerald. Gerald can see it perfectly fine. [Full damage to it]
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar?
Gerald: "Oooh, it's a grim reaper. Okay."
Chandrasekhar stabs at the hag wraith! [Virtuous Strike, maintains challenge]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 17 ( Total: 26.0 )
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+5+5 and got 4 ( Total: 14.0 ) for radiant
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+7 and got 3 ( Total: 10 ) for save
Aleith|DM: Hit! [KO!] The hag wraith disappears, leaving only wisps before those too fade away.
Aleith|DM: Saved, also
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis makes sure to give the sunrod a good shake with the Mage Hand before she chucks it off the cliff. [Move, then choosing not to sustain minor] Then she plagues the Crawler with visions of knives sticking up from the ground below it. [Phantasmal Assault]
Phyllis rolled d20+7 and got 11 ( Total: 18.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled d8+5+4 and got 2 ( Total: 11.0 ) for and grants CA and can't make OAs until EoPNT
Aleith|DM: The sunrod disappears off the cliff, and no longer lights up your camp
over the cliff
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 11!] Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Nevard steps away from the Cackling Crawler, then looks to Ernst before offering guidance. [Look Skyward]
Aleith|DM: Choose a power, make a roll, that's your next attack roll with it.
Aleith|DM: The spooks…start heading north.
Ernst: "Man. I don't even have anything I really NEED to hit with."
Ernst rolled d20 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for Spike Wire roll
Ernst: "But thanks for the heads up."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 19:Garrett | 19:Gerald | 19:Cackling Crawler | 18:Ernst | 16:Vestige of Death | 15:Chandra | 12:Phyllis | 11:Nevard | 11:Spooks |
Aleith|DM: Garrett? Gerald?
Gerald‘ [Reload]s, [Quarry]s the reaper, then continues moonwalking along the rock as he begins putting shot into the Vestige of Death. [Nimble Strike].
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+11(1) and got 8 ( Total: 19 )
Also rolled 2#d20+11(2) and got 7 [Total: 18]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 37
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Gerald` rolled d8+6 and got 1 ( Total: 7 )
d6: 1 [Total: 1]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 8
Garrett` remembers the vision, and goes right for the throat on the Crawler. [Piercing Strike]
[OOC] Gerald: +2 to that, so 10
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 10!
Aleith|DM: Crit?!
Garrett` rolled 1d6+26 and got 3 ( Total: 29 ) for 4 weapon 4 dex 1 enh 1 light blade CA 4 eye 12 sneak attack
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst moves his eye closer to the final target. After that he readies a Static Shock on the Vestige of Death.
Aleith|DM: The vestige appears! Then moves closer to Gerald-Ernst’s robot?
Aleith|DM: Or just Ernst
Aleith|DM: whichever
Ernst blasts it with a static shock.
Ernst rolled d20+6 and got 15 ( Total: 21.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled d8+5 and got 8 ( Total: 13.0 ) for -2 damage dealt now
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!] Bloodied! The vestige of death still swings its scythe at Gerald, though.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 10 ( Total: 20 ) for vs Reflex
Aleith|DM rolled 5d12-2 and got 5, 10, 4, 6, 6 ( Total: 29.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 29 damage!
Aleith|DM: It then disappears again…except to Gerald.
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar?
[OOC] Phyllis: We're probably gonna refresh an AP after this fight so probably good to use one before it ends
Gerald: "Uhhh… ow."
Aleith|DM: No, this is one encounter
Aleith|DM: so no, you won't
[OOC] Garrett: uhhh but what about the encounter on the hill with kell's dudes and the forest bandits
[OOC] Phyllis: And the wagon bandit thing earlier wasn't?
Aleith|DM: oh
Aleith|DM: right
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Is there even anything I can do?
Aleith|DM: yes you will
Aleith|DM: MY BAD
Aleith|DM: you can move next to where the Vestige was and ready an action to strike it
[OOC] Garrett: move into melee with the thing and say "ok when it shows up I beat the fuck out of it"
Aleith|DM: Basically.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: can I divine challenge it? >_>
[OOC] Garrett: it's completely untargetable
Aleith|DM: Not at the moment, sadly
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: suck my elfdick
Chandrasekhar moves in on it and prepares a [Virtuous Strike] for when it's not hiding its HP bar.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis braces herself [Dwarven Resilience, Minor] and similarly readies a [Phantasmal Assault] aimed at the Vestige when it shows itself again.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 19:Garrett | 19:Gerald | 18:Ernst | 16:Vestige of Death | 15:Chandra | 12:Phyllis | 11:Nevard | 11:Spooks |
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Aleith|DM: The spooks continue ignoring you
Gerald‘ [reload] [nimble] [it is a mystery]
Gerald` rolled 2#2d10+9(1) and got 3, 3 ( Total: 15 )
Also rolled 2#2d10+9(2) and got 4, 4 [Total: 17]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 32
[OOC] Gerald: errr
Garrett` shuffles up and gets ready to fuck up this specter. [hold action]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+9(1) and got 3 ( Total: 12 )
Also rolled 2#d20+9(2) and got 10 [Total: 19]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 31
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Gerald` rolled d8+6 and got 8 ( Total: 14 )
d6: 2 [Total: 2]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 16
Aleith|DM: Yeah, it’s dead.
[OOC] Garrett: but did gerald ko it tho
Aleith|DM: Yes
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
[OOC] Phyllis: UNDEAD JOKES
Gerald: "Okay I got it."
Garrett‘ gives the remaining spirits a wide berth.
Gerald` reloads, collapses.
[OOC] Phyllis: so, +1 AP?
Aleith|DM: Yep. Milestone.
Ernst gets to work right away. He sends two Curative Admixtures Geralds way healing him for a total of [+22 HP] He then uses the next five minutes to jack two of Chandras healing surges and refresh the daily item power on his repulsion armor.
Garrett: "Nevard, you’re gonna have to help us carry Gerald on down the hill."
Garrett: "Oh wait he's got the pink back, nevermind."
Nevard: "I believe I've seen enough, and need to rest to understand what all I saw means."
Gerald: "That was pretty unpleasent though!"
Nevard: "Thank you for protecting me."
Phyllis: "Sure. Meanwhile there's at least one thing of, um, immediate import."
Chandrasekhar nods, stretching out a bit, cleaning wisp goo off his sword, etc.
Nevard: "The vision of the fire dragon at the factory? I'd like you to see if you can help my nephew, yes. That would be greatly appreciated."
Garrett: "Well, you know. Some of the fire might get on the rest of the city."
Phyllis: "Precisely."
Gerald: "Woah woah woah. Dragon?"
Ernst: "Were you nodding off during that part of the vision?"
Gerald: "All I saw was fire! Also aren't dragons, like extinct?"
Ernst: "I'd say it's more accurate to say no one has seen one in X amount of years and reported it."
Nevard: "The flames looked like dragons, though how symbolic that is remains to be seen."
Garrett: "There weren't dragons, he's just being dramatic."
Gerald: "Oh, okay."
Garrett: "There certaintly aren't any dragons and if there are we'd never see them in our lifetimes ever for sure."
Phyllis: "Metaphorical dragons."
Chandrasekhar: "So, the upshot of this is that we're absolutely going to need to deal with a dragon in the future. Better get Zane to crack the history books on how to deal with them."
Phyllis: "In any case." She looks to the others. "Should we … return the amulets and all? Or are we beelining to the factory?"
Garrett: "Chandra I just gave this whole spiel."
Garrett: "Factory, first."
Ernst glances at Phyllis. "Amulets? I got here a bit late."
Garrett: "Mayor's probably not even awake enough to register that we returned 'em."
Gerald‘ grumbles, starts making his way back down.
Chandrasekhar deadpans at Garrett`: "Oh! Sarcasm." Anyways, time to hightail it to the factory.
Phyllis: "Agreed, then. And, uh. Pretty sure we handed you one when you arrived. Was supposed to protect from the evil around here."
Ernst: "Oh, that? I’m sure they can wait until morning."
Phyllis: "Yup."
[OOC] Phyllis: To the Factory! press x button etc. etc.
Garrett‘ nods. "You coming with, Nevard, or can you get back once we put you on flat land?"
Aleith|DM: The sunrod is more-or-less where you wanted to go, but it doesn’t take you long to skirt around the spooks. With the light distracting them, the hour-long climb back down is uneventful.
Phyllis has [Light] as a handy cantrip to distract their attention more-or-less anyway.
Aleith|DM: True.
Aleith|DM: Bringing Nevard with you, or dropping him off somewhere, or…?
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: we asked him!
[OOC] Garrett: I asked him what he wanted lol
Aleith|DM: Oh, I missed that, yes
Aleith|DM: When you get to the bottom, Nevard wishes you luck with the factory and heads off. He knows some people in the Nettles he can stay with, and will sleep on the visions. He thanks you again for your help and says he'll get in touch with Gale about setting up a meeting.
Aleith|DM: It's just after 2AM when you get to Heward Sechim's factory. The small protests outside the two neighbouring factories have dispersed this late. A pair of sleepy guards still stand outside Sechim's Alkahest & Etchings.
Aleith|DM: Seems to be torchlight coming from the alley between Heward's factory and the one on the right.
Gerald: "Things seem okay…?"
Garrett‘ subtly checks out that torchlight, peering around the corner.
Ernst: "Didn’t say when it was happening at least."
Phyllis: "Means we're in time." She points at the fire. "Vision had something about neighboring factories."
Phyllis: "Yeah, just knew it would be charred by sunrise."
Aleith|DM: Around the corner, you see 4 people unloading stuff from a wagon, with a dragonborn nearby, directing them.
Gerald: "I'm gunna go climb up on the roof and take a nap if nothing's happening."
Phyllis: "(Garrett, want to get in for a look?)"
Garrett‘ slowly turns to look at Phyllis. "(What, alone?)"
Phyllis shrugs. "(Any idea what’s in the wagon, at least?)"
Gerald‘ climbs up onto the roof after hearing no objections.
Aleith|DM: Gerald, on the roof (there’s a handy ladder at the mouth of the alley) there's another dragonborn.
Garrett: "(No, don't you go to sleep.)"
Gerald‘ pauses.
Aleith|DM: Looks like large, heavy bags.
Aleith|DM: That they’re unloading.
Aleith|DM: Some sort of sand inside them? They're flexible.
Garrett‘ will walk around the corner but he’s being flanked by Chandra.
Garrett‘ wait no
Garrett` can I sneak closer
Aleith|DM: Stealth?
Garrett` rolled 1d20+11 and got 5 ( Total: 16 )
Gerald` sloooowly raises his shotgun, trains it on the dragonborn’s head. "Ahem. RHC. Slowly put the bags down and raise your hands in the air."
Aleith|DM: The dragonborn on the roof yells, "cops!"
Phyllis: "I was going to say that it's possible they're legit, but that shout from the roof negates that notion."
Aleith|DM: And the dragonborn in the alley, noticed you, Garrett, and was about to say something, when he reaches for his greatsword.
Gerald: "Ugh why does no one even listen to me!"
Gerald: "Now I'm going to have to shoot you! And it's going to hurt! And then I'm going to have to file a lot of paper work and you're going to need a lot of stitches!"
Chandrasekhar smiles.
Phyllis looks up at the roof and jerks a thumb up at them, then glances at his comrades down below. "Seriously, you can't even think of a cover story like that?"
Ernst: "Please. I file most of the paperwork anyways. That's why I was late to the mountain."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 21:Gerald | 21:Arsonist D | 19:Phyllis | 19:Valando | 17:Arsonist A | 14:Chandra | 10:Arsonist B | 9:Ernst | 9:Eberardo | 8:Garrett | 7:Arsonist C |
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Phyllis: "No 'Wait we're just working the night shift' claims?"
Garrett: "That's how redhanded we caught 'em."
Chandrasekhar: "At least they could give up on a lost cause?"
Gerald‘ unloads a round into the Dragonborn’s leg. [Hunter Bear Trap], but after marking it as [Quarry] of course,
Aleith|DM: The one on the ground looks apologetic. "Well, Valando wasn't supposed to be seen."
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+10(1) and got 19 ( Total: 29 )
Also rolled 2#d20+10(2) and got 11 [Total: 21]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 50
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 2d8+6 and got 6, 6 ( Total: 18 ) for Slow/5DoT save ends both
d6: 6 [Total: 6]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 24
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 24!
Gerald` then takes a deep breath and *focuses on not dying while soloing another asshole*. [Oak Skin]
Aleith|DM: Arsonist D drops the bag he was holding and draws his short sword.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis starts off by charming the one on the roof to join his friends below. Doesn’t seem bright-witted. [Charm of Misplaced Wrath]
Phyllis rolled d20+7-2 and got 8 ( Total: 13.0 ) for vs Will, CA
Aleith|DM: You say that, but his will save is his highest stat
Phyllis: Still slides 4 and makes a basic attack!
Phyllis: OFF THE ROOF YOU GO
Aleith|DM rolled d20+2 and got 1 ( Total: 3 )
Aleith|DM: …yes
Aleith|DM: yes he does
Gerald: "…I uh."
Aleith|DM rolled 4d10 and got 1, 2, 10, 10 ( Total: 23 )
Gerald: "Guess I'm not taking you on one on one…?"
Aleith|DM: 23 falling damage!
Garrett: "Bitch, bitch, bitch."
Gerald: "I WARNED YOU ABOUT RESISTING ARREST THOUGH!"
Phyllis follows that up! [AP]
Aleith|DM: he…makes a basic attack too, doesn't he
[OOC] Phyllis: Although - yes.
Gerald: "Hey I'm not complaining Garrett!"
Aleith|DM: he's prone though so -2 to hit
[OOC] Phyllis: Against his other dragonborn friend.
Aleith|DM: or …
Chandrasekhar: "Hm."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 18 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: As the dragonborn falls, his quarterstaff is held at the wrong angle and strikes his brother across the head!
Phyllis: "Anyhow. It's a little late for you if you're not supposed to be on the night shift." [Sleep]
Aleith|DM rolled d8+6+2 and got 1 ( Total: 9.0 )
Aleith|DM: For [9!]
[OOC] Phyllis: Centered on Valando, hits all but the top two minions
Aleith|DM: 4 rolls!
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 13 ( Total: 22.0 ) for vs Will - [Glib Tongue, Minor] for +2 to-hit.
Phyllis rolled 3#d20+9(1) and got 20 ( Total: 29.0 ) for and three more
Also rolled 3#d20+9(2) and got 1 [Total: 10.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+9(3) and got 8 [Total: 17.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 56.0, Avg: 9.67
Aleith|DM: First two for the dragonborn?
[OOC] Phyllis: Yup.
Aleith|DM: Arsonist A is fine, but the other three are affected!
Aleith|DM: Sadly your crit doesn't do damage
Aleith|DM: again
[OOC] Phyllis: Also lemme figure out orb of imposition shenanigans
Phyllis expends her [Amulet of Elegy]'s power to give them all -1 to save, and another -2 from [Orb of Imposition] to Eberardo, and another -2 to Eberardo from [Orb of Ultimate Imposition]'s daily power.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: +5 THP due to Ernst
[OOC] Phyllis: so -1 to all and -5 total to Eberardo
Aleith|DM: So, that's what, Slow (SE, but gets worse if failed)?
[OOC] Phyllis: Yup.
Garrett: "That's rude. Hah!"
Gerald‘ rolled d8 and got 5 ( Total: 5 ) for aleith i forgot a d8 earlier my power is 2[W] :(
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: gosh
Aleith|DM: Valando picks himself up, then sends an Arson Bolt at the rest of the party!
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+9(1) and got 9 ( Total: 18.0 ) for vs Ref
Also rolled 4#d20+9(2) and got 5 [Total: 14.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+9(3) and got 19 [Total: 28.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+9(4) and got 20 [Total: 29.0 (High), Avg: 20.00]
Total: 89.0, Avg: 13.25
Aleith|DM rolled d8+6 and got 1 ( Total: 7.0 )
Aleith|DM: 7 fire damage to Chandrasekhar and Garrett, 14 fire damage to Phyllis!
Aleith|DM: The burst becomes a zone of flames for the rest of combat, dealing 5 damage if you start your turn in there or enter it.
Aleith|DM: oh right 5 from ongoing damage
Aleith|DM rolled d20+2 and got 7 ( Total: 9 ) for vs Hunter’s Trap
Aleith|DM rolled d20-3 and got 5 ( Total: 2 ) for vs Sleep
Aleith|DM: Aaaand he falls over, asleep.
Aleith|DM: Arsonist A charges Phyllis!
[OOC] Phyllis: Should be +1 still since his … brother? friend? has the -5
[OOC] Phyllis: but still a 9 and fails
Aleith|DM: Oh, right
Aleith|DM: well, yes
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 12 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 6! Phyllis can't save vs ongoing fire as long as they are adjacent to the Arsonist.
Aleith|DM: Chandra?
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 21:Gerald | 21:Arsonist D | 19:Phyllis | 19:Valando | 17:Arsonist A | 14:Chandra | 10:Arsonist B | 9:Ernst | 9:Eberardo | 8:Garrett | 7:Arsonist C |
Aleith|DM: Take 5 damage from the zone as your turn starts
Chandrasekhar phases through the battlefield to stand next to Eberardo [Fey Step], activates his [Dwarven Armor] for healing, applies a [Divine Challenge] and then stabs him in the face [Virtuous Strike]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 9 ( Total: 18.0 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: But marked!
Aleith|DM: Arsonist B charges Chandra!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+11 and got 19 ( Total: 30 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 6!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-1 and got 17 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM: And throws off Sleep.
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst eats his fire damage before taking a few steps to the side before tossing a Curative Admixture on Chandra. [+13 HP]. He then glances at Phyllis before tossing them a Restorative Infusion [Utility - Target gains 20 THP. As a minor action they can transfer any number of these THP to an ally.]
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
Aleith|DM: Eberardo slices at Chandra with his greatsword!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+10 and got 17 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM rolled 2d12+6 and got 9, 12 ( Total: 27.0 )
Gerald: "Woah! You okay, buddy?"
Aleith|DM: Hitting for 27!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-3 and got 13 ( Total: 10 ) for save vs Sleep
[OOC] Phyllis: NO
Aleith|DM: He shrugs off Sleep!
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Chandrasekhar: "N- not really…" That one looks like it -hurt-.
Garrett‘ stabs at the Arsonist A! [Sly flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+11 and got 14 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: Hit! The arsonist drops! [KO!]
Garrett: "Keep it up, Chand!" [Majestic Word - heal for Healing Surge + 3]
[OOC] Phyllis: also his Virtuous Recovery feat gives him +2 resistance to all I think? since this is the first healing he’s actually spent a surge on
Garrett‘ then strikes at Eberardo! [AP Opening Move]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+11 and got 8 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Garrett` still +5 AC/Ref UEoNT
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Oh was that me spending the surge? then yes
Aleith|DM: Arsonist C moves up.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 21:Gerald | 21:Arsonist D | 19:Phyllis | 19:Valando | 17:Arsonist A | 14:Chandra | 10:Arsonist B | 9:Ernst | 9:Eberardo | 8:Garrett | 7:Arsonist C |
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald` [Twin Shot]s down at Arsonist D and A.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+7(1) and got 20 ( Total: 27 )
Also rolled 2#d20+7(2) and got 1 [Total: 8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 35
Aleith|DM: Move closer to the edge
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+7(1) and got 3 ( Total: 10 )
Also rolled 2#d20+7(2) and got 6 [Total: 13]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 23
Aleith|DM: Hit, miss!
Aleith|DM: Also I’m assuming the second was B
[OOC] Gerald: I don't care aout cover! I'm also bigger than an ant and can clearly see them from here! :E
Aleith|DM: no you can't
Aleith|DM: You're 40 feet up with a building between you and them, and there's an edge around the roof too
Aleith|DM: Low barrier, whatever you want to call it.
[OOC] Phyllis: can you just move up or do we need to get out the trigonometry textbooks
Aleith|DM: I'll do it, you know I will
[OOC] Gerald: that's actually a somewhat complex question with reloading
Gerald‘ [AP]s a [Nimble Shot] at arsonist C before letting off the twin shot, with two [Reload]s in there somewhere.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+7(1) and got 15 ( Total: 22 )
Also rolled 2#d20+7(2) and got 9 [Total: 16]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 38
[OOC] Gerald: ok D/C dead, guns were loaded at time of shooting, carry on
Aleith|DM: okay
Aleith|DM: 2 KOs!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 21:Gerald | 19:Phyllis | 19:Valando | 14:Chandra | 10:Arsonist B | 9:Ernst | 9:Eberardo | 8:Garrett |
Aleith|DM: Take 5 fire damage for starting in the zone
Gerald: "Okay, herd thinned out a bit."
Phyllis moves up, braces herself a bit [Dwarven Resilience], and conjures [Beguiling Strands] at the rest of the crowd. (( It IFFs. ))
Phyllis rolled 3#d20+7(1) and got 20 ( Total: 27.0 )
Also rolled 3#d20+7(2) and got 16 [Total: 23.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+7(3) and got 5 [Total: 12.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 62.0, Avg: 13.67
Aleith|DM: Hit, hit, miss!
[OOC] Phyllis: 4] to Eberardo and the Arsonist!
Phyllis: Let sleeping dragonborn lie.
Aleith|DM: …please put your targets in your action before rolling
Aleith|DM: or in the d20 rolls
Aleith|DM: or I’m gonna assume Eb, Val, Minion next time
[OOC] Phyllis: oh! it seemed like we were just sorta assigning them after
Aleith|DM: Nope.
Aleith|DM: Just like for Seed
[OOC] Phyllis: fair 'nuff
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 4!] [KO!
Aleith|DM: Valando dozes
Aleith|DM: Is that -1 for all rolls, or just the first?
[OOC] Phyllis: Just the first
Aleith|DM rolled d20+2 and got 4 ( Total: 6 )
Aleith|DM: still asleep
Aleith|DM: Chandrasekhar!
Phyllis also gives Chandra [7] of that THP.
[OOC] Phyllis: DISREGARD THAT THP
Chandrasekhar gets a [Second Wind], which also gives +2 to all defenses and resist all +2 until the start of my next turn, then prays for [Virtue], then uses an AP and [Enfeebling Strike]s Eberardo.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 2 ( Total: 11.0 )
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: motherfuck
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst has no intention of stepping into that fire again so he does things as best he can. He sends a Curative Admixture Chandras way for [+13 HP] and then tosses his token on the ground around the corner having his robot assemble. It blasts Eberardo with a Static Shock.
Ernst rolled d20+6 and got 5 ( Total: 11.0 ) for vs Reflex
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Eberardo grabs at Chandrasekhar! [Dragon Fangs]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 12 ( Total: 20 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM: Actually before that, [Dragonborn Breath] as a minor
Aleith|DM: Flames burst from the dragonborn’s mouth, and they cling and crawl across you like living things.
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+8(1) and got 15 ( Total: 23.0 ) for vs Ref, Cha, Gar, Phy
Also rolled 3#d20+8(2) and got 8 [Total: 16.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+8(3) and got 14 [Total: 22.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 61.0, Avg: 12.33
Aleith|DM rolled d6+6 and got 2 ( Total: 8.0 )
Aleith|DM: 8 Fire damage to Chandrasekhar and Phyllis as well as ongoing 5 fire (SE)!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: that hits even with the +2 defenses?
Aleith|DM: Vs Reflex
[OOC] Garrett: reflex
Aleith|DM: You still have resist 2 vs it
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: oh I can read
Aleith|DM: The dragonborn pulls Chandrasekhar to his face and clamps his fangs into your shoulder. Fire flickers in the wound and sears through your veins as he tosses you to the ground.
Aleith|DM rolled d12+6 and got 1 ( Total: 7.0 )
Aleith|DM: And another 7 damage as he bites you from Dragon Fangs, knocking you prone beside him.
Aleith|DM: Eberardo then takes a step forward and strikes with his greatsword at Phyllis! [Move, AP -> Arsonist's Greatsword]
Aleith|DM: yes, he takes x mark damage from Divine Challenge
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 5 ( Total: 13 ) for -2 from mark
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Chandrasekhar writhes, grapples with the dragonborn but only just winds up on the ground! [7 radiant damage from challenge]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 7!
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ slides past Chandra and turns to the sleeping Dragonborn, giving it a strike where it’s really vulnerable! [Sly Flourish]
Aleith|DM: In a surprisingly elegant move, the dragonborn pivots to track your movement and smacks you with the flat of his blade. [Dragon Tail Style]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 16 ( Total: 24 ) for Marked
Aleith|DM rolled 2d12+6 and got 2, 1 ( Total: 9.0 )
Aleith|DM: 9 damage, and you're pushed 1 square and knocked prone
[OOC] Garrett: what defense
[OOC] Phyllis: Is that +5 AC/Ref still in play
Aleith|DM: ….
Aleith|DM: crap
Aleith|DM: AC
Garrett‘ evades that-
Garrett` rolled 1d6+25 and got 6 ( Total: 31 )
Aleith|DM: Critting for 31!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 21:Gerald | 19:Phyllis | 19:Valando | 14:Chandra | 9:Ernst | 9:Eberardo | 8:Garrett |
Aleith|DM: Eberardo snarls at Garrett.
Gerald` gunns twin shot this up a notch, real slow like.
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald: !2#d20+7 ; at unconscious dude
Garrett: "You can give up and we can get him some help."
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+7(1) and got 2 ( Total: 9 )
Also rolled 2#d20+7(2) and got 20 [Total: 27]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 36
Aleith|DM: miss, crit?!
Aleith|DM: I think he’s done
[OOC] Gerald: He's Out Lol
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+7(1) and got 4 ( Total: 11 )
Also rolled 2#d20+7(2) and got 10 [Total: 17]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 28
Gerald` [Reload]s, marks last dragonborn as {Quarry]
Gerald: "I told him it was gunna hurt!"
Aleith|DM: The other dragonborn manages to dodge the other shotgun blast.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Gerald: "He didn’t listen!"
Gerald: "Put down your damn sword or your next!"
Eberardo: "Try and stop me!" he growls out.
Gerald: "Well,"
Garrett: "Hard way, okay."
Ernst mutters under his breath. "… has that ever worked?"
Gerald: "I mean we took out five of you guys without you taking out even one of ours…"
Chandrasekhar: "I suppose everyone thinks there's a first time for everything."
Phyllis shifts back one - he marked Garrett, not her, right? - and conjures images of more raining bulletfire from the other factory's roof. [Phantasmal Assault]
Gerald: "But I guess if you gotta go down swingin' might as wheel just keep windmillin' it around." Gerald rolls a shrug.
Phyllis rolled d20+7 and got 14 ( Total: 21.0 ) for vs Will
Phyllis rolled d8+5 and got 1 ( Total: 6.0 ) for Grants CA to everyone and can't make OAs UEoPNT
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 6!
Aleith|DM: Valando is…really unconcious now.
Aleith|DM: Chandra?
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for save vs ongoing
Chandrasekhar stands up, then hits with an [Enfeebling Strike]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 9 ( Total: 18.0 )
[OOC] Phyllis: +2 from CA?
Aleith|DM: Sadly AC 20
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: s- sure
Aleith|DM: err 21
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: of course
Aleith|DM: Save vs fire
Chandrasekhar rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 )
Aleith|DM: saved
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst taps at his armor before calmly walking through the flames. [Repulsion Armor minor -> 5 THP -> 5 damage] He ends up beside Phyllis. "… just in case they get up and actually try to hit you again. In an alley of this size I can just punt them backwards." He gestures firing a spike wire at Eberardo.
Ernst rolled d20+6 and got 18 ( Total: 24.0 ) for vs Fort
Ernst rolled d8+5 and got 1 ( Total: 6.0 ) for 3 extra damage per hit taken
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 6!
Ernst: (UeoNT)
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ circles around the dragonborn and then tries to shank him between the armor!! [Piercing Strike]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+13 and got 5 ( Total: 18 ) for reflex
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+9 and got 1 ( Total: 10 ) for 4 dex 1 enh 1 light blade ca 3 ernst wire
Also rolled 2d6 and got 3, 2 [Total: 5]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 15
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 15!
Aleith|DM: The dragonborn sighs and drops his blade, putting up his hands. "Alright, alright. I give."
Gerald: "Good!"
Gerald` gunna. Carefully move all this firesand towards the edge of the building before carefully bringing it back down to the ground. While the other people slap on some cuffs. Even though that’s his favorite part.
Aleith|DM: THe firesand is actually still at the wagon
Aleith|DM: The dragonborn up top was setting up a pulley though to hoist it up.
Phyllis: "Glad you can see reason when you're beaten."
[OOC] Gerald: oh. well then I just dismantle the pulley before heading dwn then!
Aleith|DM: Sure!
Garrett: "Good man."
Garrett‘ cuff ’em!!
Aleith|DM: He's cuffed. "Just don't hurt my brother no more, man."
Gerald: "No more reason to!" A big ol friendly smile.
Chandrasekhar: "Maybe don't try to blow up factories?"
Gerald: "What's the deal with that anyway?"
Phyllis: "Astral interference from Jiese, clearly."
Eberardo: "Client confidentiality."
Phyllis shrugs matter-of-factly.
Garrett: "(Someone hold 'em, I'll go find a patrol or something.)"
Gerald: "Oh, okay."
Eberardo: "Ain't saying nothin'"
Eberardo: "I want a lawyer."
Gerald‘ imagines Chandrasekhar is on top of that.
Gerald: "Sure okay!"
Phyllis: "Weren’t there guards posted near the front, Garrett?"
Garrett‘ goes to get some district officers and a paddywagon.
[OOC] Garrett: I don’t know, maybe
Gerald‘ starts loading passed out people onto the wagon with the firesand. It’s all evidence and gunna get brought it!! Makes sure they're cuffed and secured.
Aleith|DM: Okay. You get some officers involved, they'll bring the dragonborn and the arsonists over to RHC HQ, and…you all go to get some sleep? Write some reports in the morning when you get in.
[OOC] Gerald: yes
Aleith|DM: You all level up to level 3, and in the morning you get another stipend of 1,479 gold pieces each to continue your investigation.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License