Zg Session 04

You can see enemy forces gathering in the distance. You have limited time to prepare yourself, but a little ingenuity might negate the need for a fight.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Garrett | 19:Chandra | 19:Gerald | 15:Zane | 3:Phyllis | 1:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: You guys can all take your actions at the same time, this is mostly to separate rounds.
Ernst makes his way to the controls now that the gate is open and destroys them.
Phyllis: It's kind of silly to persuade or intimidate guards that aren't here yet, huh?
Aleith|DM: Sabotage successful!
Gerald‘ is doing what he said he was doing last round then, tipping over barrels, spreading firedust powder around, and creating a wall of flames between the bridge and the lighthouse!
Aleith|DM: Make a Thievery Check!
Gerald` rolled d20+4 and got 17 ( Total: 21 )
Aleith|DM: The enemy forces were not expecting anything like this to happen, so they’re still trying to react.
Zane starts hauling furniture out of the towers. "Garrett, gimme a hand with these." [Assemble Barricades in yellow]
Aleith|DM: Thievery check successful! Trap set in the Sea Wall area.
[OOC] Phyllis: that's code for "even if they aren't here yet, are diplomacy/intimidate still valid?"
Garrett‘ rolls his tongue around the inside of his mouth, glances around the area. Immediately begins to shift shit around. [Assemble Barricades in yellow]
Zane rolled d20+11 and got 5 ( Total: 16 )
Garrett` rolled 1d20+13 and got 8 ( Total: 21 )
[OOC] Garrett: oops that should only be +10. that being said that’s still 18
Aleith|DM: One failure, one pass! 3 barricades built
[OOC] Phyllis: aleeeiiith answer my question
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Aleith are Phyllis and I able to attempt diplomancy yet
Aleith|DM: No enemies in sight.
Aleith|DM: The enemy forces were not expecting anything like this to happen, so this is all preparation at the moment.
Aleith|DM: Since you didn't cause a racket getting to the sea wall.
[OOC] Phyllis: okay does the +2 DC per round not count for this first one then?
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: it's still a /turn/ though. unless the DC starts at 18 -next- turn
Aleith|DM: You haven't made any previous attempts?
Aleith|DM: Penalty doesn't start counting until then.
Aleith|DM: Anyway I threw a few blank pogs on the map to track things on in the different sections
Aleith|DM: Max HP is the max number of barricades.
Phyllis etches out a sigil on the floor, a little ways away from gunpowder. Nothing harmful, it'll just make the victim sleepy. [Arcana: Laying a trap]
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 11 ( Total: 20.0 )
Aleith|DM: On the Sea Wall?
Phyllis: Yup.
Chandrasekhar might as well put down his shield for a second then and help Zane and Garrett put up barricades until someone's in earshot. [lolthletics]
Aleith|DM: Okay, moving yours and Gerald's pogs there
Chandrasekhar rolled d20-2 and got 2 ( Total: 0.0 )
Aleith|DM: 1 Barricade set up!
Aleith|DM: That's…everyone. Okay.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Garrett | 19:Chandra | 19:Gerald | 15:Zane | 3:Phyllis | 1:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Round 2! There's some movement on the sea wall in the distance but they're not quite here yet.
Aleith|DM: The base as a whole seems to be mobilizing though
Garrett‘ tosses a couch onto the pile. [Barricade the outside]
Gerald` will set up another barrel hazard a bit further back if they’re not going to be arriving this round anyway.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+4 and got 8 ( Total: 12 )
Zane starts moving barricades closer to the sea wall. Mostly so he’ll be in striking range when the enemies get there. [More Barricades]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+10 and got 18 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: Sadly this one doesn’t come together properly.
Zane rolled d20+11 and got 13 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: 4 more barricades between you both
Chandrasekhar has something flashy in mind in case Phyllis can't talk 'em down, but it looks like they have some more time to prepare barricades. [Athletics]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20-2 and got 6 ( Total: 4.0 )
Aleith|DM: And 1 more.
Ernst isn't very good at this whole barricade thing but he starts to set some up in the lighthouse anyways.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: aleith are you handling barricade points or are we? wasn't sure if mine got added last round but I think iti did
Ernst rolled d20 and got 5 ( Total: 5 )
Aleith|DM: I am
Aleith|DM: 1 + 2 + 1 last round, 2 + 2 + 1 + another 1 now
Aleith|DM: wait that last one is inside, right
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: rad! just checkin'
Ernst is in the red zone
Aleith|DM: Gerald, did you try setting up that trap on the Wall (Blue) or in front (Yellow)?
Gerald: Blue, since it didn't seem like it would matter this round yet
Aleith|DM: Okay.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis etches more sigils in front of the lighthouse, working backwards so she's not at the front lines when things get nasty. More charms to kill motivation instead of inflicting bodily harm. She fights wars in the minds. [Arcana, Traps]
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 4 ( Total: 13.0 )
Aleith|DM: Failure.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Garrett | 19:Chandra | 19:Gerald | 15:Zane | 3:Phyllis | 1:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Round 3! A squad of 6 soldiers has appeared!
Aleith|DM: One of them is caught in the blast from a barrel, and another is knocked out! 2 KOs from traps!
Gerald‘ backs up a bit, then fires into the crowd with his shotgun and pistol! [expending my poop encounter for soldiers!]
Gerald: "Might just wanna turn back now, guys!"
Aleith|DM: 2 KOs, but they’re still going to act unlike the ones hit by traps.
Zane keeps chunking down walls.
Zane rolled d20+11 and got 12 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM: 2 more!
Zane smooth under pressure apparently
Garrett‘ adds planks and shit in there hell yeah. [barricade outside]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+10 and got 20 ( Total: 30 )
Ernst pokes his head out of the lighthouse before frowning. "Uh… just hollar if you need some patching up or something. They’re all out of my range." He tosses another barricade down. [Barricade Inside]
Aleith|DM: 2 more!
Ernst rolled d20+0 and got 15 ( Total: 15.0 )
Aleith|DM: 1 more inside.
Aleith|DM: The soldiers will be at the front end of the sea wall by the end of the round, so range 5 can still be used to hit them if need be.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: all the soldiers are already basically dead men walking at this point right? they just won't KO until they've moved
[OOC] Garrett: there's 2 more that are still alive*
Aleith|DM: Yes to both
Aleith|DM: 6 at start, 2 KO'd to traps, 2 attacked by Gerald, 2 otherwise unharmed.
Aleith|DM: Chandra, Phyllis?
Phyllis hounds one of them with phantom images, keeping them otherwise distracted. [Attack]
Aleith|DM: 1 more KO!
Chandrasekhar puts up one more barricade. Probably. [Athletics]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20-2 and got 20 ( Total: 18.0 )
[OOC] Zane: /me wa shock
Aleith|DM: 2 more!
Aleith|DM: The soldiers run forwards, and manage to destroy 4 of the barricades. 3 of them go down from attacks!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Garrett | 19:Chandra | 19:Gerald | 15:Zane | 3:Phyllis | 1:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Round 4!
Chandrasekhar might have just wanted to prove to Zane that he could, let's be honest.
Zane looks suitably impressed, yeah.
[OOC] Garrett: do any more show up
Aleith|DM: No more soldiers yet.
Gerald‘ sets a couple of the knocked over barricades back up.
Gerald` rolled d20+4 and got 19 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM: There’s some activity in the distance, but nothing immediately threatening.
Aleith|DM: 2 more barricade points!
Garrett‘ continues to shore up the defenses that were knocked down. [Barricade]
Ernst glances out the door before firing a blast off at the soldier. [Attack]
Zane likewise making with the walls.
Zane rolled d20+11 and got 7 ( Total: 18 )
Garrett` rolled 1d20+10 and got 12 ( Total: 22 )
Aleith|DM: And another 4 points.
Phyllis etches out more traps along the sea wall. [Arcana]
Chandrasekhar props up a few of the barricades. Maybe he can do two in a minute again!? [Athletics] "Reconsidering… the choice to wear such sturdy armour…"
Chandrasekhar rolled d20-2 and got 17 ( Total: 15.0 )
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 14 ( Total: 23.0 )
Zane: "Man, when I get us our own HQ, I would not want to be the poor dumb bastards that try to attack it."
Aleith|DM: 1 more barricade, 1 trap set!
Gerald: "Uhh we already have a HQ, Zane! We work there most days."
Chandrasekhar: "It would not be an enjoyable experience." Pause. "…no basements, right?"
Gerald: "But yeah."
Aleith|DM: The soldier removes one more point of barricade before falling to Ernst’s attack.
Zane: "Right, which sucks. We're getting our own clubhouse. And no, FUCK basements. Only morons put their HQs in basements."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Garrett | 19:Chandra | 19:Gerald | 15:Zane | 3:Phyllis | 1:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Round 5! There's movement on the wall in the distance, but you have a breather.
[OOC] Garrett: the outside has 17/20 barricade?
[OOC] Zane: goddamn right, soon to be 20/20 :D
Phyllis continues to etch more traps while they have a breather. [Arcana]
Garrett‘ puts a small flag on top of the barricade pile. [Barricade]
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 14 ( Total: 23.0 )
Garrett` rolled 1d20+10 and got 16 ( Total: 26 )
Aleith|DM: Trap set! 19/20 barricade!
Zane constructs giant table leg middle finger.
Zane rolled d20+11 and got 14 ( Total: 25 )
Gerald` hops down and tries to set up another trap, hau.
Ernst tosses another barricade inside. It’s not like he'll lay down 3 so he won't trap himself in. [Inside Barricade]
Gerald‘ rolled d20+4 and got 4 ( Total: 8 )
Ernst rolled d20+0 and got 17 ( Total: 17.0 )
Aleith|DM: Outside barricades full!
Ernst laid down 3.
Aleith|DM: Sadly no
Aleith|DM: DC 18
[OOC] Ernst: Oh thank god.
Aleith|DM: Only 1
Chandrasekhar chuckles, goes to help Ernst if they all have a minute. "Do you suppose they have been secretly hoping the cavalry would come in?"
Chandrasekhar rolled d20-2 and got 19 ( Total: 17.0 )
Aleith|DM: Another +1 inside.
Ernst: "… honestly with the controls wrecked I’d much rather just cut through two dozen infantry and get a head start on the next objective."
Ernst: "Staying here seems rather pointless."
Gerald: "Hmm…"
Chandrasekhar: "Really, this -is- the next objective. Let the navy in, then swim in their wake." He shrugs apologetically.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Garrett | 19:Chandra | 19:Gerald | 15:Zane | 3:Phyllis | 1:Ernst |
Ernst: "I was hoping to rectify your previous mistake after you let them escape right in front of you." He smiles.
Gerald: "We'd probably feel real silly if one of them climbed up and could still pull the crank even with it messed up, yeah.
Aleith|DM: Round 7! A larger squad of 12 soldiers is running for the tower!
Phyllis: "Maybe it'd be a possible course of action if we hadn't tripped an alarm."
Chandrasekhar grins at Ernst. "Now, see? Here they come."
Aleith|DM: Ernst: The sabotage would delay them, maybe by a couple minutes, but not permanently.
[OOC] Garrett: BUT WHUT ABOUT THE TRAPS
Gerald‘ hops back over the barricades, then fires a shot into a barrel of firedust. Boom. [Expending a daily to blow up 3 of them!!!!]
Aleith|DM: Oh right 2 of them fall asleep.
Phyllis channels the fear from those trapped or struck by Gerald into the rest of their numbers. "Please, you don’t want the same done to you." [Suggestion -> replace Diplomacy with Arcana]
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 2 ( Total: 11.0 )
Aleith|DM: Failed!
Aleith|DM: They growl back in defiance.
Phyllis: "I tried playing nice. You all saw me."
Garrett: "You tried."
Gerald: "Yup!"
Zane: "Yup I totally saw you."
Garrett‘ throws both his shruiken and dagger at the advancing horde! [Attack] [Encounter power, -2 enemy]
Ernst: "You likely aren’t the one filing the report anyways."
Chandrasekhar turns and heads back to the front lines, so to speak, and following up on Phyllis' action, bolsters their fear a little - he stomps on the ground, brandishing his dagger, and a light like the sun shines bright along the sea-wall. "Turn back and you may find mercy!" [Intimidate]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 2 ( Total: 11.0 )
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: ugh
Zane vaults on top of the barridades and fucking *roars*, "I HOPE YOU KISSED YOUR LOVED ONES GOOD NIGHT!" [Intimidation]
Zane rolled d20+10 and got 15 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: ….they stop in their tracks!
Phyllis peers up at Zane. … and her Mage Hand starts jotting down notes in the background.
Aleith|DM: Btw +2 to intimidate because others attacked.
Chandrasekhar liked pretty much every part of that, yeah.
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst makes his way into the yellow zone before firing off a spike wire at two soldiers on the sea wall. [Encounter Power]
Aleith|DM: 7 KO'd! Only 3 left, and they're not moving forward.
[OOC] Zane: Its the tusks. Bitches *love* the tusks.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Garrett | 19:Chandra | 19:Gerald | 15:Zane | 3:Phyllis | 1:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Round 7 (really, last round was 6)!
Aleith|DM: Perception checks all of you
[OOC] Zane: oh fuuuck
Zane rolled d20+0 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+6 and got 17 ( Total: 23 ) for /me percepts
Ernst rolled d20+7 and got 4 ( Total: 11.0 )
Gerald` rolled d20+8 and got 15 ( Total: 23 )
Zane too busy scaring the shit out of mooks.
Phyllis rolled d20+2 and got 3 ( Total: 5.0 )
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+2 and got 7 ( Total: 9.0 )
Aleith|DM: Garrett and Gerald manage to spot a couple of Fey Drakes trying to sneak inside!
Aleith|DM: But catch them before they get through the barricade!
Garrett: "Drakes!" He shoulderblocks one of their potential entryways!
Chandrasekhar: "Tch."
Aleith|DM: 5 foes up!
Gerald: "Oh hey more of the little - yeah!" Gerald them promptly shoots one in the face. [Attack]
Ernst moves a bit closer to the enemies and blasts a Fey Drake. [Attack]
Aleith|DM: 3 soldiers left!
Phyllis puts the rest of the soldiers to sleep. [Daily]
[OOC] Phyllis: NO WAIT NO
[OOC] Phyllis: Encounter
Aleith|DM: Okay! 2 KOs, 1 left!
Zane drops the last one where he stands with an arrow.
Ernst: "So… did they just grab these guys from farms or something? They aren’t putting up much of a fight. And as much as I'd like to say we're that good…"
Chandrasekhar went to go apologetically stab one of the Drakes in the everything but the problem was solved before he got there, so instead he puts up an inner barricade.
Garrett: "You can say things that are true, Ernst."
Chandrasekhar rolled d20-2 and got 10 ( Total: 8.0 )
Aleith|DM: 1 more!
Zane: "Some of us are that good. Its OK."
Garrett‘ attemps to lay some trappage on the sea wall! [Thievery]
Gerald: "Well I don’t know about you, but I went to a pretty prestigues war school!"
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+9 and got 12 ( Total: 21 )
Aleith|DM: Trap set!
Chandrasekhar: "They were selected by their devotion to the cause. It seems to have not been a very good heuristic for skill in battle."
Aleith|DM: The soldiers and drakes manage to take down 5 points of the barricade!
Garrett: "Not that I’ve anything against the mouthbreathers, but come on."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Garrett | 19:Chandra | 19:Gerald | 15:Zane | 3:Phyllis | 1:Ernst |
Phyllis: "A hastily put together force with … a geographical advantage, and little more. Poor equipment, poor training, and poor judgment."
Gerald‘ puts some barricades back up!
Aleith|DM: Round 8! A new squad of soldiers appear!
Aleith|DM: 1 is KO’d from the trap!
Aleith|DM: 6 soldiers, 5 left.
Gerald‘ DOESN’T DO THAT HE'S SHOOTING AAA pew pew pew
Aleith|DM: There's more coming in the distance!
Aleith|DM: 1 KO!
Zane snapfires into the oncoming horde. [Furious Assault. 2 KOs]
Ernst sighs before moving into the blue zone. "I need to get a crossbow or something." He fires off a static shock at a rebel. [Attack]
Chandrasekhar engages two of the soldiers in battle and knocks them out! [Valorous Smite - Encounter]
Aleith|DM: Only 1 left, don't need the encounter.
Garrett‘ continues about his business of laying traps. [Thievery]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+9 and got 6 ( Total: 15 )
Aleith|DM: Failed
Garrett: "Hm. This area’s a right mess."
Gerald: "Could you just send down your little metal golem machine dude for you…? I think you mentioned being able to control it into attacking form a distance before!"
Phyllis etches out another charm trap of her own in the sea wall. [Arcana]
Aleith|DM: He could, yes
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 9 ( Total: 18.0 )
Aleith|DM: Trap set!
Ernst: "I was going to send it down the seawall in a moment, yeah."
Aleith|DM: The soldiers manage to remove another 5 points barricade before falling.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Garrett | 19:Chandra | 19:Gerald | 15:Zane | 3:Phyllis | 1:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Round 9! A small company of soldiers appear on the wall, 20 strong!
[OOC] Gerald: no mas?
[OOC] Gerald: way more mas ok
[OOC] Zane: mucho mas. holy god damn haha
Gerald: "Alright that's a lot of guys." Gerald fires into the crowd, dropping two with an encouter expendure!
Garrett: "I think they're mad."
Zane: "Attacking us? Clearly mad. Probably a little angry, too."
Ernst drops his robot down 20 feet before it activates on the seawall. He then backs the fuck up before having it fire a shot into the crowd of enemies. [Attack]
Phyllis conjures up the only thing that can terrify a crowd that size: the cavalry coming early. The sounds of cannons past the sea wall, and the horn of a boat approaching faster than it should have … [Spook -> replace Intimidate with Arcana]
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 16 ( Total: 25.0 )
Aleith|DM: Oh right, 1 KO from a trap
Aleith|DM: The soldiers step back in fear! [Not advancing this round]
Aleith|DM: 1 KO from Ernst
[OOC] Garrett: so that's 16 left?
Aleith|DM: 18
[OOC] Zane: 16 dont forget Gerald
Chandrasekhar raises his sword in the air and it shines brightly! [Daily - Radiant Delirium] Hopefully that ought to knock a few of them out, although the -actual- navy will be here any minute now…
[OOC] Garrett: how do you get 18 from 2 gerald, 1 ernst, 1 trap
[OOC] Gerald: he missed my line obv
Aleith|DM: clearly
[OOC] Garrett: fair enough
Aleith|DM: since I was grabbing dinner
Zane keeps firing onto the crowd. [Assassin Strike, 2 KOs]
Aleith|DM: 3 more KOs!
Phyllis grins smugly. They fell for it, but in the nick of time. It's all she can do to not laugh.
Garrett‘ is determined to not let their fort fall. He hops onto the makeshift ramparts and showers the enemies with flying steel! [Daily, 3 KOs]
Garrett: "They’ll be able to climb over each other's bodies to get over the wall at this rate."
Zane: "Thats OK. I *also* have a shortsword and some daggers."
Gerald: "Hmm…"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Garrett | 19:Chandra | 19:Gerald | 15:Zane | 3:Phyllis | 1:Ernst |
Aleith|DM: Round 10! Only 6 soldiers left!
Gerald: "Oh, you could push them down the stairs so they're out of the way!" Gerald nods, before firing a shot into another soldier. [Attack]
Aleith|DM: You can see the navy approaching in the darkness!
Zane drops one. [Normal Attack, 1 KO]
Garrett‘ pop-pops another. [Normal Attack]
Ernst: "I suppose they should be applauded for… knocking over some furniture? They didn’t even attack us." He gestures as his robot pops a mook. [Attack]
Zane: "Well. We did have the higher ground."
Zane: "In a manner of speaking."
Chandrasekhar just attacks one. This is as good as over! [Attack]
Phyllis conjures an image of Zane just out of one's peripheral vision, spooking them so bad they hit a comrade. [Attack]
Aleith|DM: The rebels fall! They manage to take down some more of the barricade, but that's about it.
Aleith|DM: There's more forces massing on the wall, but allied ships sail into the harbor, and archers and mages on-deck attack any enemy forces that draw near before the rest head back to the walls.
Aleith|DM: Victory!
Aleith|DM: Within a few minutes, soldiers reach the lighthouse to reinforce it, and military doctors and druidic healers start to tend to (admittedly minor) wounds.
Gerald: "Okay, *now* we can go look for the scientist!"
Zane: "Silver gets you gold he's in the prison."
Ernst nods. "That was in the southeast, right?"
Phyllis: "Maybe we'll be lost in the chaos now. Hm."
Gerald: "I imagine they'll have most of the attention on the ships for a couple more minutes at least, which should be enough time to get over there."
Ernst: "Right. To the brig, then. What about the teleportation circle?"
Garrett: "I'd rather check that first.
Aleith|DM: The navy starts unrolling siege engines off the front ships
Garrett: "The cousin is really just a bonus."
Gerald: "Either way~"
Aleith|DM: Risuri warships sail into the harbor, firing cannons, arrows, and spells at the duchess’s forces who dare to break from cover. The duchess’s forces fall back to the walls of the Outer Fort while ships line up out the mouth of the harbor. Crews lash gangplanks from prow to stern so a thousand soldiers can march to the mainland.
Aleith|DM: You're off the Outer Wall now, so you'd have to either climb it, or try and pass through the wall again.
Aleith|DM: And much of the Duchess' armies are on the wall now.
Zane: "Dont suppose sneaking back through the wall again is an option?"
Aleith|DM: The sergeant at the lighthouse recommends meeting Captain Smith back at the Invincible.
Gerald‘ loads some fresh ammo into his guns, holsters them. Glances at Chandrasekhar, then Zane. Shrugs.
Ernst: "Given how focused they are on fighting I can’t imagine we have to be THAT stealthy."
Zane: "Hm. Technically we are supposed to be subordinate to the force commander now that the fleet has landed."
Chandrasekhar: "I can't imagine they'd -not- want suggestions as to where to search."
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: cannot* whoops
Zane: "Alright then. Lets go see Captain Smith and see what hsi marching orders are. And then possibly ignore them."
Gerald: "Also fine."
Gerald‘ begins heading for the ship.
Garrett: "Let’s head onto the ship anyway."
Aleith|DM: It's about half an hour before the Impossible pulls up beside the lighthouse.
Aleith|DM: Captain Smith follows a few soldiers off the ship to meet with you.
Smith: "Looks like you did well covering for our fallen comrades. Anything to report?"
Phyllis smirks at Zane.
Garrett: "There's now an inner, inner-fort." He halfhandedly waves to the area where their barricade is. "
Garrett: "Other than that, not too much trouble."
Garrett: "Don't know where the dutchess or her cousin is, sadly."
Smith chuckles. "Looks like you did well holding them off until we got here."
Chandrasekhar: "Nothing of note. Their soldiers were inexperienced. …also, there are some strange effects endemic to the isle itself, but nothing that should concern the mission. How goes the assault?"
Smith: "Off to a good start. The siege engines are rolling up now. Hopefully we should have the outer wall under control within the hour."
Gerald: "Oh, the weird swap thing, right. Yeah that totally happened."
Phyllis: "No leadership among them, either. Easy to cow them into submission if you show so much as a little backbone. Only real threat seems to be some strange magic here. I suspect planar influence."
Gerald: "Also the uh… single tree on fire?"
Phyllis: "Also planar influence. Different plane."
Smith: "Like what happened with the others? I take it you didn't have a cave collapse on you."
Ernst ends up tapping Chandra on the shoulder and borrows one of their healing surges to renew his infusion he spent on the rush into the lighthouse. He seems to be more focused on preparing for what's to come than the discussion at hand.
Phyllis nods at Smith. "We seem to have gotten lucky, is all."
Gerald: "Yeah it just happened when we were walking so nothing bad happened, but it was weird."
Garrett: "Oh, right. There's a Danorian miner lashed to a lantern-and-firesand barrel back at the mines we left."
Garrett: "Should probably check on him sometime today or tomorrow."
Smith: "I'll see if we can get a squad to check for him after we deal with the fortress."
Gerald: "And then some kind of flare went up from a tree in the woods? Didn't see anyone nearby it though, and it only burned the single tree. No idea what that was about."
Garrett: "Also a mass gravesite somewhere south of here I'd like to examine before we leave."
Garrett: "As it turns out, dead men do tell tales."
Zane: "Poor bastards."
Smith: "With Burton injured and the other infiltrators dead, you're technically the highest authority for non-military matters, so it's up to you to deal with the duchess once we find her."
Chandrasekhar: "Danor fought hard."
Smith: "She's probably holed up in the central keep, but the military should be able to surround her within a few hours."
Zane: "Oh… are we really?"
Smith: "The rest of us are in the navy. You're RHC."
Smith: "Well, navy or the army."
Zane: "Right then. Who has the mages cuffs?"
Garrett: "You just made his day."
Chandrasekhar: "Mmm."
Garrett: "And night, probably."
Gerald: "Oh, oh! Me, I do."
Smith: "Still a few hours until dawn, really. And we only have until dusk after that before Danor wants the island back."
Zane: "Wuld you mind terribly if I carried them, Gerald?"
Gerald: "You'll probably be closer than I will." Tosses them over.
Zane smiles like a fucking shark and tucks them into a black pouch.
Chandrasekhar: "Speaking of which. If you find a Danoran scientist…" …and he gives a description of the missing guy. "With any luck, he's being kept prisoner…"
Zane now has the cuffs soaking in [Bloodroot Poison].
[OOC] Zane: wait no thats the food one. Carrion Crawler Brain Juice
Smith: "Yeah, heard about that Minister's cousin. We'll let-"
Aleith|DM: Gunshots and screams of panic sound from one of the Risuri ships in harbor, hundreds of feet away from the lighthouse, but close to the wall. A few flashes of fire light up the night, and then a massive ball of flame engulfs the ship. Smoke billows upward as the rigging catches ablaze, and you can faintly make out a humanoid figure striding across the burning deck. He points a flaming sword and sweeps it in an arc toward the sea wall. All of the gas lamps shatter and go dark.
Smith starts in surprise as some of the nearby soldiers gather around you, and the others head towards the wall.
Ernst stands up before nodding to the others. "Right. I'm done preparing at least. I think that's our cue?"
Garrett: "I think the Duchess found us."
Zane: "Well then."
Phyllis: "And there's the leadership, I'd imagine."
Aleith|DM: The figure leaps thirty feet from the ship to the sea wall, and his cloak transforms into a cloud of smoke, making him practically invisible in the night.
Chandrasekhar stands, staring into the dark. "Who in the world is…"
Aleith|DM: The figure dashes towards the wall at a startling speed.
Zane: "Bronze gets you gold its that fey lord she's buddy buddy with."
Garrett‘ looks IN THE DARK :OOOO [Golden Icon of Nem]
Gerald` is already running towards the guy with the flaming sword while drawing his gun. "Less talking more doing!"
Chandrasekhar is hurrying, yes.
Aleith|DM: Smith waves you away as he heads back to his ship. "Go check that out! See what’s up with the ship if you can't catch up!"
Garrett‘ can run and look at the same time!
Zane has Low Light Vision, and is getting his hustle on.
Aleith|DM: As you get near…. History and/or Perception checks?
Gerald` rolled d20+8 and got 18 ( Total: 26 )
Phyllis follows along. Short, stubby dwarf legs. Gives her plenty of time to think, though. [History]
Aleith|DM: Which one was that, Gerald?
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 18 ( Total: 27.0 )
Aleith|DM: Okay both cleared
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+3 and got 18 ( Total: 21 ) for History
Zane did pretty good in his [History] classes.
Ernst rolled d20+9 and got 7 ( Total: 16.0 ) for History
[OOC] Gerald: perception, my history is _0 lol
Zane rolled d20+5 and got 5 ( Total: 10 )
Aleith|DM: You guys are good
Aleith|DM: no more rolls necessary
Aleith|DM: Chandra, you can tell the magic was clearly of fey origin, likely an eladrin, and probably a Vekeshi mystic, based on patterns of scorch marks and the way tongues of the still-active fire takes the shape of hands.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis: The attacker had a flaming sword and a flying shield. There was a fey warrior who matched that description at a battle two hundred years ago, in the First Yerasol War. His name was Asrabey, and he fought to rescue an eladrin woman who was captured by a Danoran general. He aided the Risuri forces indirectly, but was not technically an ally.
Aleith|DM: Gerald: The warrior’s flaming sword switched shapes between a short blade and some sort of long flaming flail or whip. There is just a little fresh blood on the sea wall, probably from the attacker.
Chandrasekhar narrows his eyes. This is personal, then.
Gerald: "Blood trail here. Also keep an eye on the blade, sometimes it’s a whip."
Aleith|DM: Putting together the information, you put together that Asrabey works for the Unseen Court.
Gerald‘ slows down just enough to be able to follow said trail.
Aleith|DM: And the Duchess has been Risur’s liaison for the Unseen Court for decades now….
Aleith|DM: It's a straight shot for the wall.
Aleith|DM: Looking over at the wall, you see bits of flame flash out as Asrabey forces his way through the army towards one of the seige towers.
Aleith|DM: He runs up the tower, and leaps to the wall, slaying some members of the Duchess's forces before disappearing over the side.
Gerald: "Hey, fey! Duno what your problem is but you're gunna need to stop killin' navy people right now!"
Gerald: "Uh."
Aleith|DM: He's way out of sight by now.
Chandrasekhar: "…whose side is he…?"
Gerald: "I mean, fighting the duchess' troops is okay though…? The heck?"
Chandrasekhar shakes his head. Fuckin' fey, amirite?
Ernst: "He's here doing his own thing. Just like last time." He scoffs.
Gerald: "I think this guy is working on some Real Bad intel, probably?'
Phyllis: "Curious. I'd have thought the Unseen Court would be on the same side as the Duchess."
Gerald: "…We can probably follow through the trail he's blazing open, though!"
Phyllis nods at Gerald.
Chandrasekhar: "It is possible. Or he is just carving a path through anything between him and his objective…" No sense standing around wondering, anyways.
Zane: "With any luck he'll be fighting the fey lord she's allied with. Also man I'm glad nobody took that bet."
Gerald‘ heads into the tower to follow after him, since they probably aren’t going to pull out ropes and hooks to get up to the wexact window he entered from and follow that way.
Phyllis follows behind Gerald. Seems sensible, yes.
Aleith|DM: The fighting has started on the walls, some of the soldiers taking advantage of the opening created by the fey as he forced his way through.
Aleith|DM: You aren't making your way as quickly as Asrabey did, but you manage to convince the commander at the tower to follow up after the next squad heads up.
Aleith|DM: You help push the invaders with a bit of difficulty [1 healing surge from each of you], but they get pushed back.
Aleith|DM: Securing the area, or heading down the wall?
Gerald‘ is heading down! They have an army to secure the area.
Aleith|DM: Perception check to pick up on Asrabey’s trail again.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+8 and got 8 ( Total: 16 )
Phyllis rolled d20+2 and got 20 ( Total: 22.0 )
Ernst rolled d20+7 and got 4 ( Total: 11.0 )
Gerald: "Maybr this way, or…"
Garrett` rolled 1d20+6 and got 16 ( Total: 22 )
Aleith|DM: You follow the trail, and it looks like it heads towards the building with the teleportation circle.
Gerald: "Hey, you got your wish to check this place out first Zane!"
Gerald: "Doesn’t take much to ruin a teleportation circle, right Phyllis? Just scratch up the stuff making the pattern?"
Zane: "And its not even my birthday."
Ernst: "… when is your birthday? Just for y'know. Reference."
Zane: "Gonna bake me a cake?"
Ernst: "So long as I'm not in it."
Phyllis: "Well, yes, but given the situation, do we want to tamper with it immediately, or use it to pursue our quarry if he's left?"
Zane: "Not enough meat on yoru bones to make a good meal anyway."
Chandrasekhar opens his mouth to say something and then just… even given the circumstances he has to laugh. "Hm. Can you determine where it leads?"
Gerald: "Hmm… point, although, I thought you needed some kind of key to use it anyway?"
Garrett: "We probably want to stop him no matter what, otherwise why mess with it."
Gerald: "Well, to keep people from escaping arrest!"
Garrett: "That is why we secure the area."
Gerald: "But we got other people to find!"
Zane: "And this way they wont be going anywhere."
Garrett: "And that's why we delegate."
Gerald: "If you say so."
Garrett: "We can't be everywhere at once."
Zane: "I'd never get anything done."
Chandrasekhar: "If the trail led here, he's probably already used it to escape, has he not?"
Chandrasekhar: "It would explain why he was in such a hurry."
Aleith|DM: As you approach the building where the teleportation circle was rumoured to be, you see the bodies of several of the Duchess's rebels laying around the front, many scorched and some slashed. A few rebels who seem to have stumbled on the scene look up and give a shout of surprise upon seeing you-until the entrance of the building bursts outwards, taking out of a couple of them. The remaining soldier shoots at him but misses, then gets cut down for his trouble.
Aleith|DM: The entity sprints for the inner wall. The figure resembles a cloud of smoke with a faint humanoid outline inside illuminated by an orange glow.
Zane: "I'm not here to arrest him. He's bonus."
Garrett: "Hopefully he fumbles his keys."
Zane: "And he's helping with the Duchess' men, so."
Gerald: "No, no I mean -"
Gerald: "To keep the Duchess and her people from escaping!"
Chandrasekhar: "In which case, we should post guards, and-" -and then they get close enough to notice what's going on! "This is distracting us from finding the Duchess herself."
Aleith|DM: A couple of defenders on the wall start firing arrows, and you hear an audible curse of pain from the smoky entity. He ducks behind a bit of debris down the street, 80 ft. away from the wall, 120 ft. from the teleportation hub. He pulls out an orb that glows with white light, which pierces even his smoke shroud.
Aleith|DM: The whole street begins to shake. Iron nails shudder in their mountings, and a few rip violently free. On the street, cobblestones shatter upward and iron spikes burst out of the ground and float inches off the ground. Some of the Danorans in the brig cry out in shock as the space they’re occupying becomes a tangle of jungle. Up on the wall, the duchess’s defenders scream as the wall beneath them turns to mist and they plummet to their deaths on a lightly-wooded field.
Aleith|DM: In an area roughly two-hundred feet across, the landscape that was the fortress is comingled with a day-lit jungle landscape. Only in places with enough iron does the original landscape remain, while in a few pockets, typically along the edges, other landscapes flicker in and out—a fiery rockslide, a swamp with yellow frogs, a beige bank of clouds. You notice the edges are shrinking inward slowly, and you can guess the wildly powerful magic will only last a minute or two.
Aleith|DM: On the other side of the comingled terrain, you can make out the keep where you suspect the duchess is, and a huge tangle of brush around it. The smoky entity discards his orb and runs forward though the temporary gap in the inner wall. He casually lashes out a whip of flame to kill a defender who tries to get in his path, and then sprints onward toward the keep.
Aleith|DM: The light in the orb is slowly fading; the effect will end in a minute or two.
Gerald: "Uh."
Zane: "Well that looks entirely too convenient."
Gerald: "Well."
Gerald: "That takes care of deciding one way or the other!"
Zane: "Hold up."
Zane: "Do we have any idea how many men she's got in there?"
Gerald‘ blinks a few times, before spriniting after the - stops. "Wer’re going the same way though, and it's probably not gunna last long?"
Zane: "I'm not sure it's a good idea to rush in."
Garrett‘ keeps going regardless.
Ernst: "Honestly I think that guy is going to handle most of the men in the way."
Ernst: "That said, we don’t have long to follow."
Gerald: "There's a chance that guy's gunna kill her though, which is going to make it REALLY HARD to arrest her."
Zane shrugs. "I wont lose any sleep over it, really."
Chandrasekhar: "I get the impression that number will be dwindling rapidly, friend. And either way we would have to fight our way inside." He follows, nodding at Gerald's comment.
Garrett: "Who knows what this guy is thinking. I'd rather stay on him and at least try and keep an eye on the dutchess if they interact."
Gerald: "And the path is closing and… Garrett didn't, uh, stop? Probably shouldn't let him go alone."
Gerald‘ starts running again.
Zane: "Yeah. I suppose so."
Zane heads after the others.
Phyllis followed behind Garrett instead of arguing any further.
Ernst follows after Garrett.
Garrett: "At least then I wouldn’t have to ask the inevitable question of, 'hey dutchess, what killed you?'"
Chandrasekhar: "If she dies, we- well, most of us- cannot interrogate her. Cannot bring her to justice."
Ernst: "Let's be honest. How she meets her end isn't a primary concern. The interrogation however… that's pretty vital."
Zane looks at Chandrasekhar. "The penalty for high treason and attempted regicide is death."
Aleith|DM: As you run through the jungle running through the wall, there isn't much in the way of trouble, though it does seem lit by a source you can't see.
Phyllis: "Zane's right. She'll find justice either way. I'm mostly curious to see how the Unseen Court as a whole feels about the situation."
Chandrasekhar: "It is. And we are not executioners of the king's justice." Run run run. "I… too… am curious about that. I admit my motives, here."
Gerald: "Well, sure. But the King wanted us to capture her if possible, so…" He shrugs. "Gotta try and do the best job possible, right?"
Aleith|DM: Once you get past the wall, there's a hedge maze a few dozen feet from you.
Aleith|DM: After a moment to catch your breath, the fortress wall snap back into existence.
Zane grunts under his breath as he runs. "(Maybe you're not…)"
Aleith|DM: In the sudden darkness, a handful of the duchess’s soldiers on distant walls fire errant bowshots.
Chandrasekhar is, not for the first time, glad he and Zane are on the same side.
Aleith|DM: The tops of hedges in a line running from here to the keep are lit on fire.
Zane: "Hahaha, your associate is not fucking around even a little bit, Chandrasekhar."
Gerald: "Hah! I guess that's one way to try and discourage cheating."
Gerald: "Or no, he's burning them down. Nevermind."
Aleith|DM: Looks like he ran across the top of them, actually.
Gerald: "Man this would be way easier if we could fly."
Aleith|DM: The eladrin is already out of sight again.
Zane: "Well…"
Ernst: "Of course there's a hedge maze…"
Chandrasekhar nearly snarls. A hedge maze!? Really?!
Zane grips the [Golden Icon of Avilona]. Any air elementals nearby to give them a lift?
Garrett: "A hedge maze on fire. This would almost be fun, otherwise."
Aleith|DM: As you approach the maze from corner lit by Asrabey, that section of the flames goes out-as does the hedge in that area.
Zane: "… I'll take it."
Aleith|DM: Behind it stands a gnarled fey, who snarls as you approach. "Begone, foes of Ethelyn, before I smite you!"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 20:Zane | 19:Gerald | 18:Garrett | 13:Gillie Dhu | 7:Ernst | 4:Chandra | 3:Phyllis |
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Garrett: "Oh yeah?"
Phyllis: "You didn't do her allies much kindness either."
Garrett: "You're under arrest!"
Gerald‘ lets out a sigh.
Gerald: "I think he’s resisting arrest…?"
Garrett: "…hm, no, still doesn't fit me."
Gillie Dhu: "Your flaming friend may have gotten by me, but I shall not let you pass!"
Zane: "I take it back. *he clears hsi throat* Stand aside for lawfully appointed executors of the Kings orders, or be listed as a cohort on charges of high treason. Also I'll cut out your goddamn heart if you don't."
Phyllis: "Oh, nevermind then."
Gerald: "He's actually not with us? What Eladrin woman do you have locked up in there…?"
Zane rolled d20+10 and got 14 ( Total: 24 ) for Intimidate for the hell of it.
Aleith|DM: The fey squints at you. "Not…with you? Clearly you scallywags are in cohoots with him, doing the dirty work for those dirty Danorans!"
Aleith|DM: He hasn't made a move to attack yet aside from the threats.
Zane: "We're with Risur, actually."
Gerald: "…We're not even Danorans! We're RHP!"
Aleith|DM: "And so is the Duchess! But taking back the island is helping the Danorans!"
Gerald: "And he's one of those mystic assassin kidnappie rescuer… things."
Aleith|DM: The fey frowns. "There's no eladrin here but him."
Phyllis: "You seem so keen to see this world as 'us against them.'"
Zane: "We're here to arrest the Duchess because she's a treacherous bitch. Uh. yall can leave that out of the report."
Aleith|DM: He squints at Chandrasekhar. "And you."
Phyllis: "I pity you."
Gerald: "He's with the RHC too, he's even got a badge! Not the other guy though."
Gillie Dhu: "Then what's that flaming fey want?"
Phyllis: "Ask the Unseen Court later, I suppose."
Aleith|DM: Diplomacy check.
Gerald: "Other guy is just here blowing everyone up while making a beeline for this location… so I can only assume you either have some innocent eladrin lady trapped in there or… whatever else people do to piss those guys off, I duno."
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 6 ( Total: 15.0 ) for [Suggestion]
Aleith|DM: He doesn't seem convinced.
Gerald: "But I mean, you can either sit down and put some cuffs on and just wait for the rest of the army catch up… or, well, there's six of us, so the only other option is get beaten like a rug and *then* arrested, so."
Aleith|DM: The fey frowns at that.
Gerald: "Up to you really, but I think Zane," He gestures towards the half-orc, "is losing his patience either way."
Aleith|DM: Anybody else trying a Diplomacy check?
Chandrasekhar glances up at the fey and shrugs apologetically. "I am not sure what his motivations are. I have never met him. But I continue to suggest that harmony between the children of iron and of steam is in -everyone's- best interests, and we act towards that harmony."
Chandrasekhar: Additionally, my friends and I -will- have to force our way past if you do not stand aside. I would… obviously rather that not have to happen. " [Diplomacy]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 13 ( Total: 22 )
Gillie Dhu: "…and if I let you pass? What happens to the Duchess?"
Phyllis: "The king doesn't want to harm his sister."
Zane: "We arrest her, and take her back to be executed for high treason."
Gerald: "Well. The King asked us to arrest her, so he can personally ask her what all this is about."
Gerald: "The other eladrin? Hell if anyone here knows."
Phyllis stares up at Zane. "… In the general case of the law, sure. But I think our king is taking this as personal as a family matter."
Chandrasekhar: "She will be taken back to Risur to answer for her visvasaghata." 'Treason-against-clan', roughly.
Aleith|DM: The fey puts his cudgel on his shoulder. "Alright, you got me. I'll lead you to the tower. The king's army'll probably just tear everything up anyway."
Zane shrugs at Phyllis. "He shouldn't."
Garrett‘ pockets the dagger he was readying.
Gerald` nods towards the fey.
Aleith|DM: He starts leading you through the hedge maze, putting out the hedge fires as he heads towards the tower, then leading you around the fence and opening a hole in the maze to let you through to the tower entrance.
Phyllis: "And I agree with you. But I think it’s best not to interfere with his wishes in this case."
Zane: "I would never."
Phyllis: "Didn't say you would."
Aleith|DM: The tower is 60 feet tall. Judging by the arrow slits, it looks like it consists of 3 floors.
Phyllis: "I was speaking of the law in general."
Aleith|DM: The front door is ajar and burning.
Gerald: "Thanks, We'll make sure we bring her back in safely. I don't think his head start was *that* big, and she should be able to take care of herself for a few minutes at least."
Zane: "Mm. We are very much in agreement with what the law says should be done."
Gerald: "I'd probably set the weapon down before the navy shows up so they don't shoot first and ask questions later, yeah?"
Gerald‘ slips inside.
Aleith|DM: The bodies of dozens of soldiers lie about slashed and charred.
Zane heads inside after Gerald.
Gerald: "Looks like the hike up the stairs will be uneventful!"
Chandrasekhar: "Goddess. Phyllis… keep your ears perked." Just in case they’re too late.
Aleith|DM: Heading up, you find the second level much the same. Some burning furniture, more bodies.
Aleith|DM: It's on the third level that you find something different.
Aleith|DM: This floor is 40 feet high, much taller than the previous two floors.
Aleith|DM: A double-door leads into an observatory, with a telescope mounted atop a raised platform.
Aleith|DM: At the foot of the platform, you find Asrabey circling the Duchess, limping slightly. He’s covered in small cuts and bruises, and is managing to stay standing despite a handful of arrow and bullet wounds across his legs and arms. His wooden, lionfaced shield bears fresh blood on its fangs, and his flaming sword flares whenever he wants to emphasize a word or sentence. The smoke shroud does not hang around him.
Gerald: "Everyone freeze! Madam Duchess, you're under arrest! And you! Stop killing people!"
Ernst: "Yup. Definitely here to kill her."
Duchess: "Asrabey, don’t do anything you’ll regret."
Asrabey: "Save your pleading breath for prayer."
Duchess: "If you have come for the reason I suspect, you should pray with me as well. You are a murderer, Asrabey. Did I so displease the Court that you
Aleith|DM: needed to slaughter a hundred to reach me? "
Asrabey: "To forestall war, yes! Your people must not think we are the ally of a kingslayer. And worse," he sneers at the tiefling, "one who consorts with devils."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: pasting more if you don't want to interrupt here
Garrett‘ holds up a hand for people to wait.
Tiefling: "Um, perhaps reason is bit much to expect at this time, but can we talk about this?"
Aleith|DM: The eladrin flicks his sword, which extends out to a flaming whip and cracks the tiefling across his face, then snaps back to a longsword.
Asrabey: “You are lucky your cursed flesh will not burn. But I have other ways to make you suffer. " To the duchess he says, " Prepare yourself, and you may die with dignity. "
Duchess: "Wait! My brother won’t execute his own blood, and so long as I live I can still oppose him. There are more important matters than-"
Asrabey: "You struck the first blow. Aodhan was a soldier, as I am, and forgiveness does not come easily to our kind. He’ll never listen to you, not in the short years he has left. Already you are vilified. You promised your land would pull away from these fiends, would return to the old ways, yet you have fallen in with them yourself."
Garrett: "Alright that’s enough."
Phyllis cocks an eyebrow. Seems that's where the scientist is.
Garrett: "If there's any executing about it'll be in Risur."
Gerald: "Everyone freeze! Madam Duchess, you're under arrest! And you! Stop killing people!"
Aleith|DM: The eladrin looks up and snarls. "More people in my way."
Chandrasekhar: "Ah. Is that what this is about."
Phyllis: "She's right. The king's orders were to bring her in alive."
Gerald: "Good grief, you're in OUR way buddy! This is RHC jurisdiction! She tried to murder our King, the King's guard gets to haul her in! Who the hell are you?"
Chandrasekhar is really going to have to have a Long Talk with some of the Court that he thinks might be sympathetic to the alliance, because damn.
Phyllis: "I mean, not that we're letting her off the hook, mind…" She gives a cheshire cat's grin to the Duchess.
Asrabey: "Asrabey Varal, here on the orders of the Unseen Court to do away with her."
Garrett: "If you wait a few days Risur can handle it."
Garrett: "Just saying."
Aleith|DM: The tiefling picks himself back up. "Wait a minute, Varal? Are you kin to a Kasvarina Varal?"
Gerald: "Okay well. I'm PRETTY SURE the RHC has more juristiction in this matter than the Unseen Court so like… just sheeth the blade, yeah?"
Aleith|DM: The eladrin looks at the tiefling. "How do you know Kasvarina?"
Tiefling: "Um, what-? She- She was here, months ago! She was on the arm of a Crisillyiri man. In the company of my cousin. They took a tour of the mines. They left a few days later. I … I think she was the one who crafted the portal ring."
Zane: "Etehlyn of Shale, you are under arrest in the kings name, on charges of high treason and regicide. As much as I am tempted to let this gentleman cut your heart out and eat it, he'll have to get in line." He looks at Asrabey. "And you. Your aid in apprehending this wanted criminal is greatly appreciated and I will make sure to praise your name for the assistance in every report I will
Zane: doubtless have to write about this clusterf- uh. amazinzing confluence of events. "
Duchess: "Asrabey, I’m trying to tell you, Nathan's an ally. He’s seen things, and we’re trying to find out what it all means. I think Danor means to destroy both our nations. My brother wouldn’t listen, even the Court ignored me, but you have to believe me."
Phyllis: "This isn't your fight. Let her brother explain herself. If she's been driven to such desperate actions - "
Aleith|DM: Asrabey points his sword at the Duchess. "No, I think you're going to back off. I'm going to take both of them with me and leave, and you'll give me a ship to let me off back on Risur."
Chandrasekhar: "He is right, jyesta. This is not your fight, or the Court's."
Garrett: "You're really pushing here, guy."
Zane: "Not going to happen."
Asrabey: "Then make me."
Gerald‘ blinks at the eladrin, slowly.
Garrett: "That was about as nice as Zane was going to put it and now it’s going to be physical."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Asrabey Varal | 20:Zane | 19:Gerald | 18:Garrett | 7:Ernst | 4:Chandra | 3:Phyllis |
Gerald: "Why… exactly… are you being so difficult?" Gerald unslings his shotgun. "Honest question, I'm kind of curious now, cause your demands are getting mroe and more outragous."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 32:Skirmisher's Action | 22:Asrabey Varal | 20:Zane | 19:Gerald | 18:Garrett | 7:Ernst | 4:Chandra | 3:Phyllis |
Aleith|DM: Actually let me reroll that, two actions in a row is kinda overdoing it
[OOC] Zane: fucking hell o_o
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 25:Gerald | 24:Zane | 22:Garrett | 21:Skirmisher's Action | 11:Asrabey Varal | 7:Ernst | 3:Chandra | 3:Phyllis |
Aleith|DM: Wait that doesn't look right
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 21:Skirmisher's Action | 20:Zane | 19:Gerald | 18:Garrett | 11:Asrabey Varal | 7:Ernst | 4:Chandra | 3:Phyllis |
Aleith|DM: There we go.
Chandrasekhar: "Direct emissaries of the Court… it is in the nature, I am afraid."
Gerald: "To just make demands without giving answers, while interfering with the business of other nations?"
Aleith|DM: Asrabey dashes forwards, striking with his sword at Chandra!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+7 and got 11 ( Total: 18 ) for Vekeshi Blade
Gerald‘ pauses, realizes the RHC technically does that sometimes to. Doesn’t mention this realization out loud.
Aleith|DM: The flaming sword bounces off his armour, however!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Phyllis retrieves her orb from her robes and holds it floating above one of her palms. "It didn't have to end like this."
Zane darts forward and delivers a swift cut, which turns out to be a feint as he kicks Asrabeys legs out from under him. [Quick Lunge]
[OOC] Garrett: BUT IN THE END IT HAS TO BE THIS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Chandrasekhar shrugs apologetically at Gerald. "If it helps I will bet money on us having to interfere with other nations' business ourselves in the near future." He blocks the blade - he knows the style!
Zane rolled d20+9 and got 3 ( Total: 12 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
[OOC] Phyllis: "Rules of Nature (As Written)"
Aleith|DM: Oh right, I should mention, Concealment means that melee and ranged attacks against Asrabey take a -2 penalty.
Aleith|DM: He's shrouded in smoke again.
[OOC] Garrett: can my darkvision see through it
Aleith|DM: Nope.
[OOC] Garrett: can my shadow magic influence dispel it :D
Aleith|DM: nope
Gerald‘ marks the eladrin as his [Quarry], opened fire with a [Twin Fang Whatever], [Reloads], then fires twice more into him again. [AP->Twin Strike]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+6(1) and got 15 ( Total: 21 )
Also rolled 2#d20+6(2) and got 18 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 45
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 2d8+6 and got 4, 8 ( Total: 18 )
d6+3: 5 [Total: 8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 26
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+6(1) and got 6 ( Total: 12 )
Also rolled 2#d20+6(2) and got 11 [Total: 17]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 29
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+6(1) and got 5 ( Total: 11 )
Also rolled 2#d20+6(2) and got 1 [Total: 7]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 18
Gerald` rolled d8+2 and got 5 ( Total: 7 )
Aleith|DM: 33 damage total!
[OOC] Gerald: 26 then 7 dmg
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
[OOC] Garrett: since he’s flat-footed can he make OAs
Gerald: "Anyway, stand down!"
[OOC] Phyllis: it's not a surprise round, it's just your class feature right?
Aleith|DM: It's not a suprise round, so he can.
Garrett‘ proceeds to not give a fuck and bounds around the guy. [Move] [take your OA]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+7 and got 16 ( Total: 23 )
[OOC] Garrett: +3 AC due to artful- lol
Aleith|DM rolled d10+4 and got 10 ( Total: 14.0 )
Aleith|DM: 14 fire damage!
Garrett` redoubles his efforts and doubles down on the defenses! [Opening Move]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+10 and got 8 ( Total: 18 ) for -2 concealment, +2 CA
Aleith|DM: Hit!
[OOC] Phyllis: +3 right? something light blade
[OOC] Phyllis: or is that a feat instead of class feature
[OOC] Phyllis: oh damage bonus
Garrett` rolled 2d4+6 and got 2, 2 ( Total: 10 ) for +1 CA light blade bonus, sneak, +5 AC/REFLEX UEoNT
Also rolled 2d6 and got 5, 6 [Total: 11]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 21
Garrett` gets hype [Action Point] and Second Winds.
Garrett` gets another +2 to defenses.
Aleith|DM: Though grievously wounded, Asrabey seems to grow stronger the closer he comes to death. He tears off his tattered cloak of smoke, defiant and unwilling to hide anymore. Wispy fires flicker across his body, taking the shape of a furious deity with six arms.
Aleith|DM: Chandra, Zane, and Garret are pushed backwards!
Aleith|DM: Asrabey loses Concealment.
[OOC] Garrett: resist
[OOC] Garrett: or rather I’m insubstantial, does it affect me
Aleith|DM: Yes
Gerald: "Huh."
Zane: "Oof."
Gerald: "Well, I mean. It's definitely cool."
[OOC] Phyllis: hah, if you were insubstantial you probably should have been taking half damage, right?
Gerald: "But I still have a gun."
[OOC] Garrett: only upon taking the action point
[OOC] Phyllis: aha
Chandrasekhar meets his gaze as he's thrown backwards.
Aleith|DM: Asrabey throws his shield at Zane, then steps towards the party and swings his blazing sword in a massive arc. [Lion Shield, Fire Sweep]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+5 and got 7 ( Total: 12 ) for vs ref
Aleith|DM: Zane manages to stop the shield from biting him! The eladrin recalls the shield as a free action.
Aleith|DM rolled 4#d20+7(1) and got 4 ( Total: 11.0 ) for vs AC, Chandra, Ernst, Gerald, Phyllis, close burst 2
Also rolled 4#d20+7(2) and got 19 [Total: 26.0 (High), Avg: 19.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+7(3) and got 16 [Total: 23.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+7(4) and got 5 [Total: 12.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 72.0, Avg: 11.00
Aleith|DM rolled d10+4 and got 9 ( Total: 13.0 )
Aleith|DM: 13 fire damage to Ernst and Gerald!
Gerald: "Ow."
Phyllis: "Note to self, prepare elemental wards in the future."
Aleith|DM: He then snaps his blade into a whip form and slashes at Phyllis! [AP -> Vekeshi Blade]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+7 and got 15 ( Total: 22 )
Aleith|DM rolled d10+4 and got 6 ( Total: 10.0 )
Aleith|DM: 10 fire damage to Phyllis!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 21:Skirmisher's Action | 20:Zane | 19:Gerald | 18:Garrett | 11:Asrabey Varal | 7:Ernst | 4:Chandra | 3:Phyllis |
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst tosses a [Curative Admixture] on Gerald (+10 HP) and then places a punishing eye down on the field. [Asrabey no longer benefits from any kind of concealment, each hit does an extra 4 psychic damage.] Finally he rounds that corner for safety.
Aleith|DM: Chandra?
[OOC] Phyllis: Dooooeeees he have threatening reach 2?
Aleith|DM: nope
Gerald: "Alright so spread out, obviously!"
[OOC] Garrett: "Gotta get in them guts, Gerald."
Chandrasekhar closes with Asrabey and engages - drawing his ceremonial dagger and laying down a [Divine Challenge] before striking him with a [Enfeebling Strike]!
Dicebot: Multiple Dice Error: Unable to parse + in +
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 7 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+5 and got 4 ( Total: 9 ) for Asrabey takes -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn
Aleith|DM: …and that stacks with the mark, doesn't it?
[OOC] Gerald: yup
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: get dunked
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 13!
Phyllis conjures an image of Garrett, part of the great wall-climbing duo, dropping from the ceiling onto Asrabey. [Phantasmal Assault]
Phyllis rolled d20+6 and got 3 ( Total: 9.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 21:Skirmisher's Action | 20:Zane | 19:Gerald | 18:Garrett | 11:Asrabey Varal | 7:Ernst | 4:Chandra | 3:Phyllis |
Phyllis uses [Second Wind] as a minor.
Aleith|DM: Asrabey strikes his sword at Gerald!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+3 and got 11 ( Total: 14 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Gerald: "Stupid swordwhips!"
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: BZORT
Aleith|DM: 7 Radiant!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: does that take extra damage because of the eye? :D
Aleith|DM: ….
Aleith|DM: gdi
Aleith|DM: Okay, maybe I won't ignore the mark now >_>
[OOC] Ernst: Sadly the eye only inflicts bonus damage when something 'hits' so I don't think that does but it does do damage when shit is slept.
Aleith|DM: hmmm right
Aleith|DM: The mark is an Effect and doesn't make an attack roll
Zane shifts over and pulls the manacles from his pouch, slapping them neatly around Ethelyns wrists. Then he stands up and flicks a dagger into Asrabey's back before pulling another. [Shift, probably standard to cuff someone?, [AP] Attack, minor to draw another dagger]
Aleith|DM: Yeah, I'd call that a standard.
Zane rolled d20+9 and got 11 ( Total: 20 )
Aleith|DM: hit!
Aleith|DM: The Duchess looks resigned, but just scoffs a bit, not resisting.
Zane rolled 1d4+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11.0 )
Also rolled 1d8 and got 3 [Total: 3 (Low), Avg: 3.00]
Total: 14.0, Avg: 2.00
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 14!
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
[OOC] Garrett: +4 psychic
Gerald‘ [reloads] his gun, lets off a [Fading Strike] as he moves back towards the edge of the room, then [reload]s again.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+8(1) and got 13 ( Total: 21 )
[OOC] Zane: I remembered
Also rolled 2#d20+8(2) and got 18 [Total: 26]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 47
Gerald` rolled 2d8+6 and got 5, 4 ( Total: 15 )
Aleith|DM: Hits!
d6+4: 2 [Total: 6]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 21
[OOC] Zane: 4 base, 1 magic, 1 blodied, 4 psy
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 21!
Gerald: "Please stop resisting arrest now! You look like you need medical attention."
Aleith|DM: Asrabey’s shield cracks. He sneers, blood on his lips, and swipes his blade at the ground, conjuring a snaky line of fire. The flames quickly grow, threatening to burn you if you don’t move. Only then do you notice that the eladrin has teleported away. His shield clatters to the ground where he last stood.
Aleith|DM: Divine Challenge and the -2 penalty end
Ernst glances to his side before frowning.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 19 ( Total: 28 )
Aleith|DM: No I’m ignoring that part rerolling init is stupid
[OOC] Zane: Hey does that mean he just lost the Shield Protection? :D?
Aleith|DM: yes
Aleith|DM: he did
[OOC] Zane: GET HIM, DORF!
Aleith|DM: The flames seem harmless at the moment.
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Ernst: "Man. I haven't even hit you. Why are you getting in my face?"
Aleith|DM: But not for long.
Phyllis: "It's kind of punchable."
Gerald: "Probably because he knows we're right and you've been quiet?"
Asrabel: "You're a healer of some kind."
Gerald: "So he can justify hurting you to himself?"
Gerald: "Because he's a coward?"
[OOC] Phyllis: I would if people wouldn't be in the burst 5 haha
[OOC] Phyllis: er burst 2
Garrett‘ understands fire, and rushes out of there towards his target! Being careful to not provoke an OA, that is. He then strikes a few times with his daggers, trying to move Asrabel into a better position! [Duelist’s Flurry]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: p.s. if he hits you into Bloodied lemme know I have a reaction that can go off
Aleith|DM: Asrabey strikes at both Ernst and Garrett! [Vekeshis Blade, AP -> VB]
Ernst: "Sadly I think this asshole is going to slice me into pieces before I can react."
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+7(1) and got 4 ( Total: 11.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+7(2) and got 14 [Total: 21.0 (High), Avg: 14.00]
Total: 32.0, Avg: 9.00
Aleith|DM rolled d10+4 and got 7 ( Total: 11.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hitting Garrett for 11 fire damage!
[OOC] Garrett: he hit me into bloodied, teak
Ernst ducks. "Correction. Tried to slice me into pieces."
Aleith|DM: You take half that because of insubstantial, of course.
Aleith|DM: wait no that ended
[OOC] Garrett: insubstantial ends when I attacked
Aleith|DM: full damage :D
Chandrasekhar raises his hands and roars out an invocation! The faint burning outline of Srasama hovers behind him! [Hands of Retribution]
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: 4 fire and radiant damage
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 4!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst: "Hrm. I’m… not really sure how to approach this."
Garrett: "Tonic'd be nice."
Ernst tosses Garrett a [+9 HP] heal, shifts 1 and he then moves his eye into range. Finally he books it. [AP]
Aleith|DM: by the way
Aleith|DM: you can't move diagonally around corners
Aleith|DM: You have to take 2 squares to move around it
Aleith|DM: So Ernst is in front of the door.
Aleith|DM: Chandra? take 10 fire damage as the wall ignites.
[OOC] Zane: Way to trap that tiefling, rookie!
[OOC] Garrett: he hasn't even gotten a turn since the fire was set though?
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: sucks to have low init I guess? :D
Aleith|DM: The fire flared up at the start of Asrabey's turn
Aleith|DM: which was after Garrett's but nobody else's
[OOC] Zane: asrabey sux
Aleith|DM: Chandra cheats and only takes 5 though
[OOC] Garrett: I… see
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: is it my turn or
[OOC] Garrett: yes
Aleith|DM: yes
Aleith|DM: That's why I called you, the fire damage happened at the start of your turn
[OOC] Garrett: people take ongoing damge stuff at the beginnings of their turn 'n stuff
Aleith|DM: Also zone damage is usually start or end of turn depending on the move
ability
Chandrasekhar rushes in by Gerald and Garrett then teleports next to Asrabey - hey look, I can do that too! - Challenges him and then [AP] plonks down another [Enfeebling Strike]!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 11 ( Total: 20.0 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+9 and got 8 ( Total: 17 ) for +4 from eye?
Aleith|DM: ….Ernst moved it back in range, so yes.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 17!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: -2 to attack rolls :E
Phyllis conjures up an image of Gerald firing at Asrabey's direction [Phantasmal Assault], then follows it up with a charm compelling Gerald to take advantage of the moment and fire again. [AP->Charm of Misplaced Wrath, closing eyes and automissing and just using the Effect]
Phyllis rolled d20+6 and got 5 ( Total: 11.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Phyllis: Gerald, take a ranged basic attack with +2 to the damage roll.
Gerald‘ rolled 2d20+8 and got 12, 18 ( Total: 38 )
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 2d8+6+4 and got 3, 1 ( Total: 10 )
Aleith|DM: Is that including the +2?
[OOC] Gerald: no :(
Aleith|DM: 12!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 21:Skirmisher’s Action | 20:Zane | 19:Gerald | 18:Garrett | 11:Asrabey Varal | 7:Ernst | 4:Chandra | 3:Phyllis |
Gerald: "That was weird."
Aleith|DM: Asrabey slashes at Chandra!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+5 and got 9 ( Total: 14 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Zane?
[OOC] Zane: Well. shit. that's a wall of fire between me and every exit.
Aleith|DM: It's 10 damage to go through
[OOC] Zane: I'm not taking the duchess through that, it'll kill her!
Aleith|DM: Then don't!
Aleith|DM: The fire looks like it's dying down a bit
[OOC] Garrett: then… don't?
Zane: "Dont make me chase you down again, my lady."
Zane dives through the flames and rolls to a kneeling position near Gerald, firing his shortbow at Asrabey. [RBA]
Ethelyn: "Do I look like I'm going anywhere, constable?"
Zane rolled d20+9 and got 7 ( Total: 16 )
Phyllis: "Mage's cuffs, barely enough strength to walk. It's a wonder she's still conscious."
Aleith|DM: She's not standing.
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis: Right exactly.
Zane rolled 3d8+10 and got 2, 7, 7 ( Total: 26 ) for RBA, Attack Finesse, Furious Assault, Assassin Strike, Bloodied, Eye bonus
Also rolled 1d10 and got 10 [Total: 10]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 36
Aleith|DM: The fey drops!
Gerald: "Cuff 'em!"
Aleith|DM: The battle outside is still raging, but inside the tower, it looks like the fighting has come to a stop.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License