Zg Session 03

Aleith|DM: As you guys step forward, a shadow seems to detach from the wall, striking at Chandrasekhar, as a figure steps forward from the tunnel and fires at Zane! [Surprise Round!]
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Shadow Stalker | 8:Nicolas | 8:Earth Elemental |
Aleith|DM: The Shadow Stalker swings at Chandrasekhar! [Shadow Stalk]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+4 and got 18 ( Total: 22 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled d8+4 and got 3 ( Total: 7.0 ) for Melds with Chandra's shadow (save ends)
Aleith|DM: 7 necrotic damage to Chandra!
Aleith|DM: While melded into Chandra's shadow, it has a +4 bonus to Defences, and a +5 attack bonus vs him.
Chandrasekhar: "What in the…"
Aleith|DM: The mine foreman shoots at Zane!
Ernst blinks. "I suppose you can still hold it there. There's no reason we can't blast it from behind."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 14 ( Total: 22 )
[OOC] Phyllis: That shadow meld doesn't happen to have the Charm keyword does it?
Aleith|DM rolled d4+7 and got 2 ( Total: 9.0 )
Aleith|DM: Only Necrotic
Aleith|DM: 9 damage to Zane!
Aleith|DM: ….enemy pistols don't have brutal 2
Aleith|DM: Sad
Aleith|DM: The earth elemental pics up a barrel from beside it.
Zane takes a bullet in the arm and grunts.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Shadow Stalker | 21:Gerald | 18:Chandra | 13:Zane | 10:Ernst | 8:Nicolas | 8:Earth Elemental | 6:Garrett | 6:Phyllis |
Gerald: "You okay?"
Aleith|DM: The shadow stalker swings at Chandra again! [Draining Touch]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+9 and got 13 ( Total: 22 ) for vs ref
Aleith|DM rolled d8+4 and got 8 ( Total: 12.0 )
Zane: "Be fine in a minute. Gotta see a man about the proper way to greet guests first."
Aleith|DM: another 12 necrotic to Chandra!
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Aleith|DM: The miner shouts, "you killed all my men, you dirt worshippers! That wasn't enough? Now you want me dead as well?!"
Zane: "We just got here, you idiot, we havent killed anybody yet!"
Garrett: "Not that there aren't a few candidates for it…"
Chandrasekhar: "Ngh…"
Gerald‘ runs foward past Zane as he draws his shot gun, quickly marking the Elemental as his [Quarry], then quickly fires off two shots in the blink of an eye. "Yeah I mean literally here as of three minutes ago, but I’m TOTALLY about to blow your elemental away." [Twin Strike]
Phyllis: " - Do you mean us, sir?"
Gerald‘ rolled 4#d20+9(1) and got 14 ( Total: 23 )
Also rolled 4#d20+9(2) and got 16 [Total: 25]
Also rolled 4#d20+9(3) and got 15 [Total: 24]
Also rolled 4#d20+9(4) and got 16 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 97
Aleith|DM: Hits all around!
Gerald` rolled 2d10+2 and got 6, 9 ( Total: 17 )
Also rolled 2d10+2 and got 2, 4 [Total: 8]
d6: 4 [Total: 4]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 29
Nicolas: "You Risuri scum!"
Aleith|DM: It’s bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Chandra?
Chandrasekhar: "…I suppose asking politely whom you are fighting for would not get us anywhere." He sounds disappointed.
Aleith|DM: You're pretty sure he's Danoran.
Gerald: "Hey now! I'm pretty sure only me and Garrett qualify as Risuri scum! You should be more polite!"
Aleith|DM: He's got that accent
Phyllis: "We didn't kill your men. We're here to apprehend the one that likely did."
Chandrasekhar sighs. "We are not here to fight you. If anything, our goals align." In the meantime, he's going to stab the shit out of this shadow thing… [Virtuous Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 3 ( Total: 12 ) for vs. ac
Aleith|DM: Miss! Make a saving throw
[OOC] Garrett: just 1d20
Chandrasekhar rolled 1d20 and got 18 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: Saved! The shadow unmelds from your shadow, losing its bonuses.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: shit can I still minor
Aleith|DM: yep
Aleith|DM: I kinda bumped ahead on you so feel free
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: but I can't move away from it and closer to the other shit because it'll AoO right?
Aleith|DM: No you can actually do that all you want and it'll unmeld after your turn finishes
Chandrasekhar pops the shadow with a Divine Challenge while moving a bit closer to the rest of the fight, then.
Aleith|DM: Chandra, there's a ladder there
[OOC] Garrett: you usually only make saving throws at the end of your turn which is what slightly messed up the order of operations
Aleith|DM: Gonna need an atheletics check for you
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Fuck it then I didn't see the ladder haha
Aleith|DM: okay, Shadow moves to the same spot
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Nicolas: "…what do you mean?"
Garrett: "We're here to clean up a mess. Don't make us clean up two."
Zane fires an arrow at the Earth Elemental and then heads for the rope to climb.
Zane rolled d20+9 and got 1 ( Total: 10 )
Aleith|DM: It hits the cliff below it
[OOC] Zane: aw yiss here we go
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
[OOC] Phyllis: The fabled Orcish Accuracy?!
Gerald: "We're here to take the other people back to the island! They're fugitives on the run!"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: we wouldn't know!
Ernst surveys the situation before nodding to himself. "Right, then." After taking two steps forward he sends a [Curative Admixture - MA] Chandrasekhars way for [Healing Surge Value+4 HP] and then blasts the Axis Shadow Stalker with a [Static Shock - vs Reflex].
Ernst rolled d20+4 and got 10 ( Total: 14.0 ) for vs Reflex
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled 1d8+4 and got 5 ( Total: 9.0 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 4!
Chandrasekhar: "The people who attacked here were not acting with any legitimate authority whatsoever." Pause, admixture- "-thank you."
[OOC] Ernst: -2 damage UEoNT
Aleith|DM: Nicolas reloads his gun.
Aleith|DM: The earth elemental drops the barrel on Zane.
Ernst: "This thing seems to have some hefty damage resistance on it. Bothersome."
Chandrasekhar: "-We- are. I suggest you stand down."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+3 and got 13 ( Total: 16 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled d10+4 and got 8 ( Total: 12.0 ) for Ongoing 5 fire (save ends)
Aleith|DM: dealing 12 damage, and ongoing 5 (save ends) as it explodes from some firedust!
Gerald: "…"
Aleith|DM: Gerald notes he was almost in the blast radius
Aleith|DM: Garrett? Phyllis?
Gerald: "Bombs, really? Aren't you worried about destroying this place?"
Chandrasekhar: "Hardly counts as a bomb. They probably use those in the mines."
Nicolas: "It's built sturdy."
Phyllis: "You don't want to do this. We aren't the target of your enmity." [Diplomacy; minor, right?]
Gerald: "Man it's in a tube, it explodes, it's a bomb."
Aleith|DM: Minor, yes
Phyllis rolled d20 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for [Suggestion (Free Action)] to use Arcana in place of Diplomacy
[OOC] Phyllis: +9 whoops but uh
Aleith|DM: 11 isn't quite enough, no
Phyllis diverts the failed magics into a different sort of suggestion spell, aimed at the Elemental. [Charm of Misplaced Wrath]
Phyllis rolled d20+6 and got 5 ( Total: 11.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Miss! Garrett?
[OOC] Phyllis: HEY EFFECT
Aleith|DM: oh
Aleith|DM: I don't know your attacks yet <_<
[OOC] Phyllis: The hit is just for the slide.
[OOC] Phyllis: They're conveniently already next to each other!
Phyllis: The Elemental makes a melee basic attack against Nicolas, and if it hits, +2 to the damage roll.
Aleith|DM: oh geez that is barely 10 squares
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 2 ( Total: 8 )
[OOC] Phyllis: oh, hit is for slide and daze. You'd think I'd remember the daze.
Aleith|DM: The elemental swings at Nicolas, and he seems very suprised by this.
[OOC] Zane: You've been dazed and confused for so long its not true…
Nicolas: "What?!"
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Shadow Stalker | 21:Gerald | 18:Chandra | 13:Zane | 10:Ernst | 8:Nicolas | 8:Earth Elemental | 6:Garrett | 6:Phyllis |
Aleith|DM: The shadow stalker strikes at Chandrasekhar again! [Draining Touch]
[OOC] Garrett: I HAVEN'T GONE YET YOU TURD
Aleith|DM: …….
Aleith|DM: 6 people is too many
Aleith|DM: go
[OOC] Garrett: :D
Gerald: "Wizard did it."
Phyllis: "It knows I'm right."
Garrett‘ shimmies over a bit [Move] and hurls a magical dagger at the Earth Elemental! [Standard RBA - Magic Dagger]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+10 and got 14 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d4+5 and got 2 ( Total: 7 )
Garrett` catches the dagger on the return because that’s how it works, and he whistles at Zane.
Aleith|DM: It crumbles into dust and rocks!
Garrett: "One more push, against the wall with him!"
[Minor, Majestic Word]
[OOC] Garrett: healing surge + 3
[OOC] Garrett: you also slide 1
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 22:Shadow Stalker | 21:Gerald | 18:Chandra | 13:Zane | 10:Ernst | 8:Nicolas | 8:Earth Elemental | 6:Garrett | 6:Phyllis |
Aleith|DM: The shadow stalker strikes at Chandrasekhar again! [Draining Touch]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+4 and got 17 ( Total: 21 ) for vs Ref
Aleith|DM rolled d8+4 and got 6 ( Total: 10.0 )
Aleith|DM: Another 10 necrotic damage!
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Chandrasekhar grits his teeth.
Aleith|DM: Make that 8 damage
Chandrasekhar appreciates Ernst.
Gerald: "Okay so I'm gunna have to shoot you now since you just tried to kill my buddy,"
Gerald: "And it's gunna hurt so bad you're gunna pass out, but I promise it won't kill ya!"
Phyllis: "Is this really how you want things to end? A twist of ironic tragedy?"
Gerald‘ quickly [Reload]s and he marks Nicholas as his [Quarry], then unleashed a [Twin Fanged Strike]
Gerald` rolled 4#d20+8(1) and got 13 ( Total: 21 )
Also rolled 4#d20+8(2) and got 17 [Total: 25]
Also rolled 4#d20+8(3) and got 18 [Total: 26]
Also rolled 4#d20+8(4) and got 17 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 97
Aleith|DM: …hits!
Gerald` rolled 2d10+6 and got 2, 5 ( Total: 13 )
Also rolled 2d10+6 and got 1, 10 [Total: 17]
d6+3: 2 [Total: 5]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 35
Aleith|DM: He doesn’t get a chance to respond to Phyllis as he hits the ground. [KO!]
Ernst glances at Phyllis. "Honestly I'd be more worried about this -thing- in front of us that's beating the shit out of the Eladrin."
Aleith|DM: Chandra?
Phyllis: "I can multitask."
Chandrasekhar whirls around - hopefully they can solve that problem themselves in short order! [Virtuous Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 20 ( Total: 29 ) for vs. AC
Aleith|DM: Crit!
[OOC] Zane: SMOTE
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: crit is… max dice ya?
[OOC] Zane: welcome to max dice yeah
Chandrasekhar deals a satisfying [13] radiant damage; +2 to saving throws UEONT; enemy is… dead w/ a crit so it doesn't matter lol
Aleith|DM: I'd mention that it loses insubstantial (save ends) but the thing is just gone as radiant damage ignores insubstantial. [KO!]
[OOC] Phyllis: Plus some possible extra not-maxed dice if you've got a magic weapon?
Phyllis: "Plus he's got it covered."
Gerald: "Alright Zane, don't forget to stop drop and roll!"
Aleith|DM: yes, I think it's +1d6 for generic magic weapon, but it's unnecessary at the moment.
Aleith|DM: Zane still takes 5 damage from the fire before his turn though
Ernst pats Chandrasekhar on the back before nodding. "Well done." [Healing Surge+4]
[OOC] Garrett: what
[OOC] Garrett: shenanigans
Chandrasekhar: "Lucky hit." He murmurs a prayer under his breath as he sheathes his sword, fingertips touching his gold dagger.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: did you need to do a thing involving yoinking my surges or…
[OOC] Ernst: If we can rest for 5 minutes yes.
Aleith|DM: There doesn't appear to be anything else around at the moment.
Garrett‘ clambers up the rope and secures the foreman with some extra rope.
Gerald` climbs up and makes sure there’s no one else around the entrance. And then make sure more firedust barrels don't accidently fall over..
Zane takes a minute to pat himself out from being on fire. "Good thing I wasn't wearing my uniform."
Aleith|DM: The entrance is a good mile away
Aleith|DM: but the tunnel entrance looks clear.
Ernst makes his way over to the group. "… we're going to need to rest for about ten minutes or so if you want me to patch up Zane as well."
Chandrasekhar: "We've still got time. I'd rather we be prepared for what's up ahead."
Garrett: "I think we can spare that, let's just not be in the open about it."
Aleith|DM: Doing anything with the miner in the meantime?
Garrett‘ clambers up the rope and secures the foreman with some extra rope.
[OOC] Garrett: I’m tying his ass up
Phyllis: Well … he'll live.
Ernst tosses two heals Zanes way. [Healing Surge +4 x2] and then nods.
Garrett‘ thinks a second, and ties him to a firesand barrel.
Aleith|DM: The barrels turn out to be filled with lantern oil, but are rigged with firesand to explode on impact.
Garrett` nods. "That’ll keep him still when he comes to and realizes what's up."
Aleith|DM: As you search the miner, you find to golden icons, much like the one on that pillar, attached to a necklace.
two
Garrett‘ wordlessly flips the necklace to Phyllis.
Chandrasekhar: "Good call."
Phyllis inspects these. Different constellations?
Aleith|DM: Yep.
Aleith|DM: One is for Nem, the other for Urim.
Aleith|DM: Examining them, they seem to have a couple of abilities of you’re holding them.
Aleith|DM: Golden Icon of Nem - Level 4 Rare, Wondrous Item
Aleith|DM: Property: When you use an action point, you may become insubstantial until the end of your next turn. This effect ends if you attack.
Aleith|DM: Property: A person holding the icon or wearing it as a necklace gains darkvision, and can influence shadow magic. Most notably, shadow creatures are drawn to it, and they defend the bearer and obey his or her orders.
Aleith|DM: Golden Icon of Urim Level 3 Rare
Aleith|DM: Wondrous Item
Aleith|DM: Property: When you use an action point, you can create a wall of stone 2 squares
Aleith|DM: high, which fills 3 contiguous squares within 5 squares of you. The wall lasts until
Aleith|DM: the end of your next turn.
Aleith|DM: Property: A person holding the icon or wearing it as a necklace gains Resist All 5 while not bloodied, and can influence earth magic. Most notably, earth elementals are drawn to it, and they defend the bearer and obey his or her orders.
Aleith|DM: Pretend that one is editted better.
[OOC] Zane: we'll fix it in logs!
Aleith|DM: Doing anything with the Avilona icon?
Phyllis holds a finger up, conjuring a [Mage Hand] to go and grab the icon back on the pillar and bring it back to her. "These apparently do have magic in them, useful only if you're holding them."
Aleith|DM: Aha.
Aleith|DM: Golden Icon of Avilona - Level 2 Rare, Wondrous Item
Aleith|DM: Property: When you use an action point, once before the end of your next turn you can fly your speed as a move action.
Aleith|DM: Property: A person holding the icon or wearing it as a necklace gains a jump speed equal to his or her walk speed, and can influence air magic. Most notably, air elementals are drawn to it, and they defend the bearer and obey his or her orders.
Phyllis: "Icons of wind, earth, and shadow, respectively. Increased mobility, durability, and obscurity."
Ernst glances at the others. "I should be good to go now. I have no interest in these trinkets."
Chandrasekhar: "Durability, you say."
Garrett‘ subtly palms the Golden Icon of Nem.
Phyllis has her ethereal hand deliver the Icon of Urim to Chandra and personally hands the Icon of Nem back to Garrett.
Garrett` very obviously obtains the Icon from Phyllis, for all the gods to see.
Chandrasekhar takes the Icon of Urim. Srasama won’t mind.
Aleith|DM: It's a planet, not a god, anyway.
Garrett‘ also dons the icon of Nem, to be really obvious that he’s doing that too. Can never be too specific.
Zane takes the Icon of Avilona.
Gerald‘ gunna walk out of the cave when they’re done with all that!!!
Aleith|DM: One of you can take the Avilona icon or not. A couple of new elementals appear as you make your way out of the mine following the thankfully-easy-to-read signs pointing the way out. You can have the elementals follow you, or tell them to buzz off, up to you.
Garrett‘ waves off the shadow elementals. "Go on, we don’t need an entourage."
Phyllis nods at Zane. "Curious to see how one would incorporate -that- into the martial sciences."
Aleith|DM: When you get to the entrance, there's a mass grave not far outside.
Aleith|DM: The treeline starts nearby as well, a path heading through it towards the road. Many of the trees at the front look damaged, various slashes and bullet holes in them.
Chandrasekhar sighs softly.
Zane: "Poor bastards."
Ernst: "We were planning on taking the cliff, right? Or the road?"
Chandrasekhar: "She is certainly trying her level best to doom the peace treaty."
Gerald: "Wonder why she's so against peaceful coexistance anyway."
Ernst glances at the others. Seems he's deferring to someone who isn't completely new at this.
Aleith|DM: Heading over the mountains would require some climbing, but should avoid any obvious patrols. Heading down the road will take you to a village, then let you walk around the hills to get to the fortress.
Garrett: "The cliff, ideally. Don't want to stray close to the village on the way."
Chandrasekhar: "We should avoid any other… misunderstandings, yes."
Zane nods. "I like it."
Gerald‘ nods, starts heading cliffside.
Ernst nods before making his way north. "Right, then. Not my strong suit but given circumstances I’m sure I can make an exception."
Aleith|DM: Alright, making your way through the mountains, for the overall journey, I'm going to ask for an Athletics or a Nature check from each of you.
Chandrasekhar: "And, Gerald, I am not sure. I know she does not approve of the path Risur is taking, but war -or- peace will send Risur further down that road, so…"
Chandrasekhar rolled 1d20+2 and got 9 ( Total: 11 ) for Nature
Ernst rolled d20+2 and got 7 ( Total: 9.0 ) for Nature
Zane fetches some rope from the mine to help the less nimble among the group.
Garrett‘ gives Zane The Nod and tag-teams up with climbing ventures. [Wall Crawlers]
Zane rolled d20+13 and got 2 ( Total: 15 ) for Athletics, tag teaming with Garrett
[OOC] Zane: fucks sake, sugar
Garrett` rolled 1d20+13 and got 6 ( Total: 19 )
Phyllis rolled d20+7 and got 20 ( Total: 27.0 ) for Nature
Gerald` rolled d20+4 and got 11 ( Total: 15 ) for athletics
Aleith|DM: It was DC 12, and 4/6 made it (required at least half), so no mishaps arise from mountaineering.
Aleith|DM: There are other mishaps though.
Aleith|DM: At one point, while you’re walking along, a fierce gout of flame bursts up from a tree a ways off. Maybe one hundred feet away? It rises fifty feet into the air, but quickly dies down.
Gerald: "That doesn't seem normal."
Chandrasekhar: "More elemental activity, if I had to guess."
Garrett: "That's the kind of thing I'd expect around the workshops of Flint."
Garrett‘ kind of nods at Chandrasekhar’s explanation, like he buys that really easily.
Zane uses his best 'bored cop' voice. "Natural gas leak. Nothing more to see here."
Ernst: "I'm really hoping we aren't spotted heading to the outer rim of the fort. Having them be blatantly aware of us before the wall phasing is only going to be a headache."
Aleith|DM: Continuing along, or taking a slight detour to take a closer look?
Ernst sees no reason to stop. Their instructions are rather clear.
Gerald: "Check it out, or?"
Chandrasekhar can't help it and snickers at Zane. "No need to spend any extra time out in the open."
Ernst: "… if we must."
Zane: "I'll catch up if you all want to go on."
Phyllis: "We've been rewarded so far for not following instructions to the letter."
Zane is headed that way.
Ernst nods to Phyllis. "Emphasis on so far."
Gerald: "Sounds like at least half a 'yes'." Nods, then slips off towards the flame pillar. Quietly.
Phyllis nods and follows behinds Zane.
Garrett: "It's not that far. Let's make sure something isn't following us."
Aleith|DM: The fire quickly burnt out and didn't spread, so aside from that one tree, only a few surrounding trees are a bit scorched. There's no sign of the fire's source.
Zane: "Mm. Not spreading, which was my main concern."
Gerald‘ pauses, glances around for a few seconds, then creeps forward and experimentally pokes the tree with his sword.
Chandrasekhar will follow the others, if they’ve decided to go that way. Takes a deep breath. "Does trouble have a smell?"
Aleith|DM: It's charred, and you scrape off some carbon, but otherwise nothing happens.
Garrett: "I'd appreciate if this island didn't go up while all of us were on it."
Phyllis: "Ozone."
Ernst: "… source of the fire?"
Gerald: "Don't see one."
Garrett: "Well… keep an eye out for other gold medallions?"
Garrett: "One'a them may control fire. Or set you on fire, whichever."
Phyllis: "Planar influence from Jiese, perhaps. No icon in sight, though."
Ernst does a quick survey of the area with his eyes. "Hrm. A solid guess."
Gerald‘ resheathes his sword with a shrug and resumes heading towards the fort. "Might’ve been someone making signal or something? But they're long gone already, so."
Ernst: "For all we know we could have unwittingly set off a signal flare for the fort by trying to cross the mountain. Won't find out until we get there, I suppose."
Zane nods and gets back on the hustle.
Aleith|DM: About 15 minutes later, heading through a wooded valley, you hear metallic grinding and the thump of heavy footsteps coming from deeper into the woods, headed vaguely in your direction.
Aleith|DM: Garrett, you hear the echoes of voices from that direction, too many to make out.
Gerald‘ motions for Chandrasekhar to stop, then presses up against a nearby tree.
Garrett` also presses against a tree.
Zane climbs up into the lower branches of a tree for better concealment.
Garrett: "(There’s a… whew.)"
Garrett: "(There's a lotta newlydead, about.)"
Zane: "(… Bollocks. You gonna be alright?)
Garrett: "(Yeah, yeah yeah I'm solid. Just don't let 'em get my tobacco pouch in my nose.)"
Garrett‘ winks, conspiritorially.
Zane: "(Heh.)"
Aleith|DM: Waiting around to have a look, then? Or skriting around it?
Garrett: "(Let’s move aside and see if we can't hide this one out. Don't want to get noticed moving through the brush.)"
[OOC] Garrett: uhh I think count that as a vote for 'skirting around it,' really
Ernst: "Getting discovered here will only make our life more difficult later. It'd probably be best to avoid them, no?"
Zane nods and drops out of the tree, landing in a crouch and heading off at an angle from the noise.
Chandrasekhar will follow the advice of the experts here.
Aleith|DM: As you quietly make your way around it and continue heading towards the forest, the direction of the sound doesn't seem to shift. The sounds trail off as you increase the distance.
Phyllis: "(The miner's men, perhaps?)"
Garrett: "(Danor men, more like.)"
Garrett: "(The dead ones, at least.)"
Phyllis: "Not mutually exclusive possibilities. The miner was Danoran."
Garrett: "(I reckon the miners were the ones in the mass grave.)"
Chandrasekhar nods.
Zane: "(Makes sense. He did say something about his men being murdered.)"
Aleith|DM: You're getting close to the fortress (it's been in sight since you crested the mountain), when you're all suddenly gripped by vertigo. The surroundings briefly flicker, revealing a wooded marsh filled with croaking yellow frogs, where a blue sun sets in a purple sky. A few of you stumble, suddenly stepping into puddles, when things are back to normal.
Aleith|DM: The end of Phyllis' robes and both Gerald's and Zane's boots are damp, though.
Zane: "… The cave-in."
Chandrasekhar: "(Poor bastard hard to bury his men. Small wonder… augh!)"
Phyllis: " - that's no illusion, is it?"
Zane looks at his boots. "I don't think so…"
Chandrasekhar: "-that should not be possible."
Garrett‘ takes a few deep breaths to ground himself.
Garrett: "Keep an eye out for falling trees?"
Aleith|DM: The trees seem fine.
Garrett: "Since it was rocks that did in the last crew."
Zane nods.
Phyllis: "I suspect this phenomenon was also the source of the fire."
Phyllis: "A brief flicker of another plane."
Chandrasekhar recites a litany to himself, under his breath. A reality-check, really. "I wonder what she knows about this island that I do not."
Gerald: "Uh… it COULD be, but, we might’ve slipped into the uh… what's it called… that place wiht all the fey? I've heard that's a thing that can happen!"
Chandrasekhar shakes his head. "I would have known."
Gerald: "Oh. Well."
Gerald‘ sort of kicks in a yellow frog’s direction. "Then it can't be anything but an illusion, right?"
Zane: "They did say this place was weird."
Garrett: "Don't lick any toads."
Garrett: "Doesn't even have to be a fey toad, it's a bad idea in general."
Gerald: "I'm pretty sure we all make enough for real narcotics anyway!"
Aleith|DM: You get to the fortress without any other complications after that.
Zane: "These dont look like any sort of dart frog, yellow or not."
[OOC] Aleith|DM: http://i.imgur.com/SW2Cwrk.jpg
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 1. is the Sea Wall you need to open, the tower to the right of it is the one with the panel to open it. 2. is the Inner Keep. The most likely place for the Duchess. 3. is your entry point for Passwall.
Aleith|DM: The outer wall is forty feet high-sloped and angled to reduce damage from cannons, star-patterned to give defenders wider firing arcs with muskets.
Ernst doesn't seem too sure about this. "They're certain this is the best point of entry? It seems a bit… far from everything all things considered."
Aleith|DM: You were told there was various things put into the walls to help protect them: enchanted iron rings to weaken the impact of cannons with outwards magnetic force, rings of gold thread to block teleportation into it, and pockets of opaline to act as a magic sink.
Aleith|DM: The point on the southern wall Lya told you about is a weak spot in the opaline, however.
Zane: "Hidden from both roads, and this is the only spot where the ritual will actually work, due to some slipshod construction."
Garrett: "We've got a better chance sneaking around on the inside between the various buildings than skulking about outside the wall, where they'll be more vigilant about watching."
Garrett‘ waves a hand. "And all that magic mess, yeah."
Chandrasekhar: "They will not expect to see us on the inside, yes."
Ernst: "Do we have any reports on the state of the fort at the moment?"
Ernst starts to get set up for the ritual, whatever casting time that is.
Aleith|DM: Sadly, no. You’re first on the scene.
Aleith|DM: 5 minutes with the scroll.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/display.aspx?page=ritual&id=53
Aleith|DM: Make an Arcana check.
Ernst rolled d20+9 and got 12 ( Total: 21.0 )
Aleith|DM: You're good. The passage is open for 1 minute, plenty of time to get through.
Garrett: "Look out for 'Nathan the Scientist,' but other than that, we're the worms in the pie."
Ernst: "Move along. If this thing closes on us it hurts more than a dogpile of constables can do."
Gerald: "The… oh right, her brother. Cousin? Whatever it was."
Gerald‘ slips on through!!
Garrett` passes through the wall, as per the ritual.
Phyllis gets on moving.
Chandrasekhar doesn’t waste any time.
Aleith|DM: Alright, everyone, time to make a Stealth check.
Gerald‘ rolled d20+9 and got 4 ( Total: 13 ) for nin nin
Garrett` rolled 1d20+9 and got 5 ( Total: 14 )
Phyllis rolled d20+0 and got 9 ( Total: 9.0 )
Ernst rolled d20+0 and got 5 ( Total: 5.0 ) for I am no zane
Aleith|DM: Okay that’s more than half (DC 8) you're good.
Aleith|DM: You mange to avoid any patrolling guards; there's not that many patrolling inside the fortress, most are on the walls, both inner and outer, or in the barracks, it looks like.
Zane keeps an eye out, helping Garrett lead the others through twisting alleys in a route towards the tower.
Aleith|DM: Looking around, and catching some random conversations, it seems that there's a makeshift brig (5.) in the southeast, and a teleportation circle in a building (4.) on the west side which they used to get in when they invaded that let them take the fortress by surprise.
Aleith|DM: There's about a dozen guards in front of both of those buildings.
Garrett‘ mock slaps his forehead. "(Teleportation circle, of course.)"
Aleith|DM: The wall to the inner keep is roughly sixty feet high, and looks more impassable than the outer wall.
Aleith|DM: Doing any serious snooping around, or heading to the sea wall?
Gerald: "(Sea gate first, right?)"
Ernst: "(My memory is admittedly a bit foggy here. I’m assuming we want to deal with the problem that can move first?)"
Ernst: "(The Sea gate will still be there after.)"
Aleith|DM: The navy is waiting for you to open it so they can invade.
Garrett: "(Taking the fortress back is more important, we sort of have a diplomatic situation going on.)"
Ernst chews at his lip. "(I'm not fond of the fact that we got played for fools, but true enough.)"
Garrett: "(She'll get hers.)"
Phyllis nods in agreement with Ernst.
Zane: "(First the gate. Then fall back and neutralize the teleportation circle so they cant use it to escape. I suspect our hostage is in the brig.)"
Gerald: "(Sounds good.)"
Aleith|DM: You get into the harbour, and onto the sea wall, without much of a problem.
Ernst: "(I can't imagine a key position such as this wouldn't be guarded. Wonder where they are…?)"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: http://i.imgur.com/s1SimqD.jpg yes there's art of it for some reason
Gerald‘ starts looking for cranks to get this thing open. "(Tower, maybe…?"
Aleith|DM: There’s patrols, but you manage to evade them (no additional Stealth checks required since you didn't explore much).
Aleith|DM: The controls are said to be inside the base of the lighthouse, 300 feet down the wall from you.
Gerald‘ had a hunch, and is headed that way!
Zane reaches out and grips Geralds shoulder.
Aleith|DM: There’s lamps posted on poles along the length of the wall, but there's enough space between them for some darkness (they light up a 5 square radius).
Gerald: "?"
Zane: "(Please tell me you have something quieter than your guns?)"
Aleith|DM: Several guards are posted near the lighthouse, as you get closer, and a few are inspecting a boat docked nearby. There seems to be a figure standing at a window half way up the lighthouse as well, watching the wall.
Gerald: "(Uh, longsword? Inside the lighthouse it shouldn't matter though.)"
Garrett: "(Looks like we'll have to throw down against a few anyway.)" He nods to the area ahead.
Zane: "(It will matter outside. Here.)" He hands over his shortbow and quiver.
Gerald‘ nods, sliding the quivver over his back. "(Not as good with these things, but yeah.)"
Zane nods. "(Always have a quiet tool for backup, man. Remember that.)" And he slips a garrote out from under his collar, heading for the shadows.
Aleith|DM: Alright, how are you guys approaching this?
Garrett` readies a shuriken and his dagger.
[OOC] Garrett: I take it our only avenue up is the lower ramp there?
[OOC] Garrett: or can we start at the +40 landing
Aleith|DM: Either or
[OOC] Garrett: I recommend the +40.
Aleith|DM: There’s switchbacks at a few places along the sea wall
[OOC] Garrett: we can blow past the minions and someone can operate the controls and we can bottleneck
[OOC] Garrett: the soldier at +20 can get his ass sandwiched
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Where's the controls?
[OOC] Garrett: in fact if we can do some stealth shit to KO the minions along the +40 that'd be even better
[OOC] Garrett: upper left area, where I put the robot
[OOC] Garrett: just for reference
[OOC] Zane: that is why I grabbed the garrote
[OOC] Aleith|DM: A lamp post, door, and windows provides cover. You can still target the Wizard if he's in range, but he gets a +2 bonus to defences.
Aleith|DM: The defenders have no idea you guys are there, so when you initiate combat, you will have a surprise round. Which entails: one action for each of you on the first turn, and all the soldiers grant you CA during that round.
Aleith|DM: Alright, so Zane is making the first move. Stealth check?
Zane needs to get closer to that first guard… [Stealth]
Zane rolled d20+9 and got 7 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM: The guards don't see you. Attack roll for the garrote attack?
Zane rolled d20+9 and got 2 ( Total: 11 ) for vs Ref
[OOC] Phyllis: +CA?
Aleith|DM: Sadly 13 still misses.
[OOC] Zane: Damn it Sugar, seriously?
Aleith|DM: Surprise round starts!
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 24:Garrett | 17:Chandra | 17:Ernst | 15:Phyllis | 13:Gerald | 5:Zane |
[OOC] Zane: I SPEND A LUCK or something _-_
Aleith|DM: Sadly you don't have Heroic Effort or Elven Accuracy…
Aleith|DM: Garrett! The guard gives a startled yelp as Sam just barely misses getting the garrote around his neck.
Garrett‘ rears back and hurls his Distance Shuriken at Rebel Patrolman A! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+11 and got 14 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: Hit! The patrolman drops. The Investigator nearby starts looking around, confused.
Aleith|DM: Chandra?
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: can I just… charge D? I think it’s the only thing I -can- do actually
Chandrasekhar charges D. (Doesn't run in screaming, though, that'd be silly.) [Virtuous Strike]
Aleith|DM: +1 to attack from Charging, +2 from Combat Advantage
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+12 and got 19 ( Total: 31 ) for vs. AC
Aleith|DM: which wasn't really necessary, it seems. Hit! [KO!]
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst moves down towards the tower! [MA]
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis follows behind Ernst. [Move]
Aleith|DM: Gerald? Zane?
Gerald‘ quickly fires off two arrows, one at Patrolman G and one at Patrolman H. [Twin Strike]
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+7(1) and got 14 ( Total: 21 )
Also rolled 2#d20+7(2) and got 7 [Total: 14]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 35
Aleith|DM: H isn’t in LoS for you
Aleith|DM: He's behind the wall, but G you can see through the open door.
[OOC] Gerald: oh. uh. F then I guess.
Aleith|DM: Both hit!
Aleith|DM: Both go down!
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Zane palms a dagger and flicks it at Patrolman B!
Zane rolled d20+11 and got 20 ( Total: 31 ) for RBA
Aleith|DM: He's down!
Zane caught that fucker right dead behind the ear. With the pommel.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 24:Garrett | 20:Rebel Patrolmen | 17:Chandra | 17:Ernst | 15:Phyllis | 13:Gerald | 11:Rebel Soldier | 10:Investigator | 5:Zane | 2:Rebel Wizard |
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Aleith|DM: The rebels seem to have noticed you by now.
Aleith|DM: The investigator calls out, "sound the alarm! Intruders!"
Garrett‘ hustles forward [Move] and gives the Rebel Inspector something to think about, like a sudden shuriken. [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+11 and got 5 ( Total: 16 ) for vs AC, First Strike as he still hasn’t acted
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett‘ rolled 1d4+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12 )
Also rolled 2d6 and got 5, 3 [Total: 8]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 20
Gerald: "Being right on the sea wall is probably enough noise to cover the sound of a shotgun from the land guard houses now that they know we’re here, yeah?
Aleith|DM: Ow. Bloodied!
Garrett‘ takes another shot at him! [Action Point]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+11 and got 17 ( Total: 28 )
Garrett` rolled 1d4+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11 )
[OOC] Garrett: that’s actually 1d6 both times but at this point it doesn't matter
Aleith|DM: Oh… Didn't even see that, but he's [KO'd]!
Aleith|DM: as I was starting to move the Patrolmen >_>
Aleith|DM: how are there only 3 left I started with 8
Aleith|DM: Darned surprise rounds.
[OOC] Garrett: we are navy SEALs.
[OOC] Phyllis: Not even. Welcome to minions.
Aleith|DM: The remaining patrolmen move forward, firing off crossbows at the front ranks! [Crossbow Skirmish, lets them move 3 squares before shooting on top of their move actions]
Aleith|DM rolled 3#d20+8(1) and got 20 ( Total: 28.0 ) for Chandra, Ernst, Zane (+2 cover for him from the barrels)
Also rolled 3#d20+8(2) and got 17 [Total: 25.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+8(3) and got 9 [Total: 17.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 70.0, Avg: 15.33
Aleith|DM: Chandra and Ernst take 4 damage each!
Aleith|DM: minion damage is flat, and low :(
Zane: "Shoulda brought more daggers."
[OOC] Garrett: does resist all 5 means he takes 0 or 1 damage from that
[OOC] Phyllis: And less than 5.
Aleith|DM: uh
Aleith|DM: 0
[OOC] Garrett: congrats teak you are now fire emblem
Aleith|DM: Right. That icon.
Aleith|DM: Chandra!
Chandrasekhar scoots around a couple barrels, then charges Patrolman E [Virtuous Strike] while issuing a [Divine Challenge] to the rebel wizard!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+10 and got 14 ( Total: 24 ) for +1 from Charge I think?
Aleith|DM: The patrolman goes down!
Aleith|DM: You can't mark the wizard and have it stick if you don't A) attack the wizard this turn or B) end your turn adjacent to him.
Aleith|DM: well, the mark ends at the end of your turn if you don't do that
[OOC] Gerald: it's the thought that counts!!
Aleith|DM: and if it ends because of that, you can't use DC next round
Aleith|DM: so you may want to skip using it this round
[OOC] Phyllis: i think he's giving you the chance to retract that DC unt - yeah
Aleith|DM: Otherwise, Ernst?
Ernst sprints down the walkway. Upon reaching Chandrasekhar he swerves around and keeps going. [Double Move]
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: erugherugherugherugherugherugheruh jesus right okay
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 24:Garrett | 20:Rebel Patrolmen | 17:Chandra | 17:Ernst | 15:Phyllis | 13:Gerald | 11:Rebel Soldier | 10:Investigator | 5:Zane | 2:Rebel Wizard |
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis double moves forward since everything's out of range.
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ moves forward a bit, then fires of a [Twin-Fanged Strike] at the wizard.
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+7(1) and got 9 ( Total: 16 )
Also rolled 2#d20+7(2) and got 12 [Total: 19]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 35
Aleith|DM: 1 hit due to cover
Gerald` rolled d8+4 and got 2 ( Total: 6 )
d8+4+3: 2 [Total: 6]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 12
Aleith|DM: 6!
Aleith|DM: The soldier runs up the ramp. [Double Move]
Aleith|DM: The Investigator…is unconcious. Dead? One of the two.
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Zane flicks his dagger up at the lamp to extinguish it [Standard] and catches it on the way down [minor], advances up the walkway [Move], and [AP] flicks it down at patrolman C!
Zane rolled d20+9 and got 20 ( Total: 29 )
Zane is a mook-dropping machine apparently.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Garrett: "Smooth."
Zane: "Yeah. But now I gotta go get it."
Aleith|DM: The wizard rings an alarm beside him, then gestures and a [Personal Thundercloud] pops into existance above Ernst!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+5 and got 11 ( Total: 16 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM rolled d10+3 and got 4 ( Total: 7.0 )
Zane: "Unless you got a spare?"
Garrett: "Got a few regulars in a pocket, yeah."
Zane: "Nice."
Aleith|DM: A tiny cloud appears above you, crackling with lightning as it chases you.
Aleith|DM: 7 thunder damage, and ongoing 2 lightning damage (save ends)! Ernst takes a -4 penalty to the save, but gains a +1 bonus for each square he moves on his turn before making the save.
Aleith|DM: When taking the ongoing damage, any adjacent allies take 2 lightning damage as well.
Ernst: "Heh. Jokes on you asshole, I’m running for the crank!"
Gerald: "Uhh."
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 24:Garrett | 20:Rebel Patrolmen | 17:Chandra | 17:Ernst | 15:Phyllis | 13:Gerald | 11:Rebel Soldier | 5:Zane | 2:Rebel Wizard |
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ shuffles up and pitches his shuriken at the Rebel Soldier, readying his dagger in his other hand. [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+9 and got 20 ( Total: 29 )
Aleith|DM: Crit!
[OOC] Garrett: 14 damage (1d6+8)
Aleith|DM: Also magic +d6?
Garrett` rolled 1d6 and got 5 ( Total: 5 ) for oh yeah
Aleith|DM: 19 damage!
Aleith|DM: The remaining patrolman shoots at Ernst again!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 16 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: 4 damage!
Aleith|DM: He then readies his sword.
Aleith|DM: Chandra?
Chandrasekhar goes for the rebel soldier! [move] [Virtuous Strike]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 17 ( Total: 26 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+5 and got 6 ( Total: 11 ) for radiant damage, enemy inflicted w/ vuln 3 radiant
Aleith|DM: He’s still up, but…
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: [AP]
[OOC] Garrett: oh shiiiiiiiiiiit
Chandrasekhar knocks him out. Or tries to.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 4 ( Total: 13 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: DC?
Chandrasekhar challenges him!
Aleith|DM: Ernst!
Ernst isn't too pleased by this thundercloud. He continues to sprint towards the crank. [Double Move] Then does the save.
Ernst rolled d20+8 and got 9 ( Total: 17.0 ) for 12 spaces, -4
Aleith|DM: You outran the cloud, and it dissipates.
Ernst then applies a [Curative Admixture] on himself.
Aleith|DM: Technically that would happen before the save, since that's at the end of your turn, but
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 9 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: Suddenly, an invisible beast drops onto Ernst's shoulder, but he shakes it off! [Poison Fangs, miss!]
Ernst: "Are you fucking kidding me?"
Aleith|DM: A small lizard appears beside him!
Garrett: "Uh, what?"
Ernst: "Why do they have fey drakes stationed at a fortress?"
Gerald: "Oh man, we should TOTALLY get invisible guard dogs for HQ."
Chandrasekhar: "Huh."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Zane: "But then how would we know when they are wagging their tails…"
Garrett: "How do you know we don't already have invisible guard dogs…?"
Phyllis conjures up shadowy images of sneaks and rogues, climbing up the walls and jumping into the wizard's tower to strike him. [Phantasmal Assault] Then, she moves forward, compelling the Fey Drake to find a different meal. [Move, AP->Charm of Misplaced Wrath]
Gerald‘ : O
Phyllis rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 ) for d20+6 ; vs Will, Phantasmal Assault vs. Wizard
Phyllis …
Aleith|DM: That hits?
[OOC] Garrett: it hits
Aleith|DM: that’s a 14 or 15 or something
Phyllis rolled d20+6 and got 11 ( Total: 17.0 ) for vs Will, Charm of Misplaced Wrath vs. Fey Drake
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Phyllis rolled d8+5 and got 8 ( Total: 13.0 ) for damage against Wizard, also Wizard grants CA to everyone UEoPNT
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Phyllis slides the Drake over 4 squares, it makes a melee basic attack against Rebel Patrolman H, and the Drake is Dazed UEoPNT
Aleith|DM rolled d20+4 and got 7 ( Total: 11 ) for vs fort
Aleith|DM: It tries to trip the patrolman, but misses!
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Tail Trip
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ moves up again, then fires off another two arrows with [Twin Strike], one at the Wizard, the other at the last Patrolman.
Gerald` rolled d20+7 and got 19 ( Total: 26 ) for CA cancels out partial cover
d20+7: 3 [Total: 10]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 36
Aleith|DM: Hit, miss!
Gerald` rolled d8 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
Aleith|DM: The wizard goes down!
Aleith|DM: The drake hisses angrily!
[OOC] Gerald: AP might as well
Aleith|DM: The soldier strikes at Chandra with his glaive! [Get Him]
Aleith|DM: Orrrr okay
Gerald` fires off another two arrows! we’ll see where the second goes, first is at the patrolman
Gerald‘ rolled d20+7 and got 9 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM: Hit! KO!
Gerald` fires the second at the drake!
Gerald` rolled d20+9 and got 17 ( Total: 26 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Gerald` rolled d8 and got 8 ( Total: 8 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 8!
Gerald: "Okay, I think I’m done with the bow now!"
Aleith|DM: Okay, NOW the soldier attacks Chandra.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 13 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM: And Chandra blocks with his shield!
Aleith|DM: Zane?
Zane closes in on the soldier to take him down. [Shortsword MBA]
Zane rolled d20+9 and got 20 ( Total: 29 )
Aleith|DM: Crit! He's down. [KO!]
Zane clearly needs to just stop fucking with that garrote and go all blades all the time.
Aleith|DM: Battle Order: | 24:Garrett | 17:Chandra | 17:Ernst | 17:Fey Drake | 15:Phyllis | 13:Gerald | 5:Zane |
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Zane slams the hilt of his sword behind the guards ear and lets him crumple.
Garrett‘ hustles forward and chucks his shuriken at the drake! [Sly Flourish]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+9 and got 11 ( Total: 20 )
Garrett` rolled 1d6+8 and got 1 ( Total: 9 )
[OOC] Phyllis: Dazed, so CA applies!
[OOC] Garrett: oh it does?
[OOC] Phyllis: YUP
[OOC] Garrett: wasn’t sure what all dazed did. fukken lol
Garrett‘ rolled 2d6 and got 5, 3 ( Total: 8 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: KO!
Gerald` tosses Zane back his bow and quivver.
Ernst makes his way into that room and turns the crank. Afterwards he heads to the top of the lighthouse to start the ritual. He wasn’t going to fire off a flare in the open and if more idiots came along the rest would have a fortified position.
Garrett: "Nice hustle, everyone."
Zane nods. "Very neatly done."
Phyllis conjures a [Mage Hand] to scramble around the wizard's perch and possibly shut off the alarm.
Zane takes his shortbow and quiver back from Gerald then goes to get his daggers.
Aleith|DM: Alright, it sounds like there's a bit of confusion at that alarm in the base, but it doesn't seem like anyone's immediately coming to check it out. The alarm is easily shut off.
Chandrasekhar: "Phew."
Phyllis hustles forward. "You want to have the honors of setting off the fireworks, Ernst, or want me to?"
Aleith|DM: However, once the Pyrotechnics go off, there's noise coming from the base. You probably have a couple of minutes before someone comes to investigate.
Ernst smiles at Phyllis. "I got it covered."
Chandrasekhar keeps watch and stands guard. No sense letting the gate get closed again before the navy shows up!
Gerald‘ checks to see what exactly is in there barrels.
Aleith|DM: Firedust.
Phyllis: "We wanted to double back, right?"
Gerald` starts making a line of barrels covering the entire width of the walkway, then knocks one barrel over so the firedust is nice and loose.
Gerald: "Alarm’s ringing, we need to keep the gate open, I think we're hunkering down until the ships are in?"
Ernst makes his way back down the tower before glancing at the others. "What's the plan, then?"
Garrett: "We survive."
Phyllis: "… Sounds like the best we can do."
[OOC] Garrett: title card pls
Aleith|DM: [End Session 3 of The Island at the Axis of the World]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License