Zg Session 01

It is spring of the year 500 A.O.V. (After Our Victory). Seven years after the end of the Fourth Yerasol War, the shipyards in Flint have completed the first Risuri warship powered solely by steam engine, not sail. Your monarch, King Aodhan, has come to Flint to witness the official launch of this mighty vessel. Wooden-hulled but with a heart and skin of iron, the Royal Naval Ship Coaltongue will act as a deterrent against future aggression from Risur’s enemy across the sea, the nation of Danor.
The Royal Homeland Constabulary has been called upon to provide security, and you have spent the past several weeks working to make sure this event goes off without a hitch—canvassing the docks, performing background checks on the guest list, coordinating with the local police to set up a perimeter around the royal docks, and following various directives of your superiors.
Now, as a warm breeze off the sea mingles the scents of elaborate floral decorations with the pervasive coal soot that always hovers over Flint, you’re at the first of two checkpoints, working with Flint police to let in a crowd of local citizens who just want to line the streets and cheer their king.
Aleith|DM: There's about half an hour before the crowd is let through, and your job is to help screen them to make sure no malcontents get through to cause trouble.
Aleith|DM: This'll be a skill challenge, and you'll have to start by briefing the unit and the police assisting you.
Aleith|DM: You can't just question the whole crowd. You need a clear idea of what appearances or mannerisms might be clues that someone’s a threat.
[OOC] Zane: "OK so basically if someone walks like I do… Get out of their way and yell for us."
Garrett‘ skulks slightly off center, in the shade, doing his nails with a dagger. His eyes flit across the gaggle of citizens, sizing them up.
Ernst has spent most of the preparation time just surveying the crowd. Someone was definitely going to brief the police but based on his current posture it wasn’t going to be him.
Aleith|DM: You'll have to figure out how to pick out the most likely suspects: Dockers, angry because of how the city treats them; Primalists—i.e., believers in the old druidic faith—angry at all the new industry; Agents of the fey terrorist known as 'Gale,' who might try to sabotage the ship; War veterans, who might target the ship’s tiefling designer.
Aleith|DM: There's three rounds lasting 10 minutes, and each of you gets an action during the round to perform an appropriate skill check.
Chandrasekhar is normally at peace with the existence of 'malcontents' - it's such an ugly word - but now certainly wouldn't be the time or the place. He's spent time in amongst the crowd, talking to people, trying to judge the tone, and now he's back with the others.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: someone has to do the briefing so you know what to look for before we move onto the next step
Garrett‘ has been working the streets in the weeks leading up to this, sharing drinks and being low-key, because if there’s going to be a planned attack, it'll require some social currents being moved about. Who is making the most noise? [Streetwise]?
Aleith|DM: Streetwise is a good choice to figure out what to look for.
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+8 and got 10 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: - Dockers are usually burly working men with eclectic fashion.
Aleith|DM: - Primalists have particular hairstyles, wear sandals, and adorn themselves with druidic religious icons.
Aleith|DM: - Fey saboteurs are typically elves or half-elves with impeccable grooming from their rituals, though they often try to hide this by dressing in soot-stained clothes.
Aleith|DM: - War veterans will usually be either in the mid- to late-twenties, or late-fifties/early-sixties, usually in better fighting shape than common citizens.
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Garrett:14 Gerald:13 Zane:10 Chandra:8 Phyllis:4 Ernst:3
Aleith|DM: You have to look for possible threats out of hundreds of men, women, and scampering children. Work together and with the police to canvas the whole crowd.
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald` has mostly been keeping to high places, keeping an eye on things from ontop of the roofs of buildings, cargo crates, and other ships in the harbor. Mostly just keeping an eye out for anything that looks out of place, or blaringly obvious physical attributes described above. [Perception]
Aleith|DM: You can try looking for things yourself, or working with others to look over the crowd.
Aleith|DM: Roll it
Gerald` rolled d20+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14 )
Aleith|DM: Hmmm, not quite. Nobody leaps out at you. Zane?
Zane is going to wait for a little while, give the malefactors time to look around, get comfortable, and start setting up shop. [Bluff to blend in with the crowd as just another bystander]
Phyllis stands with the rest, making notes on parchment in order to tally their profiling tactics now and the actual result later. Anything to avoid making someone uncomfortable with prejudices that perform little better than chance.
Aleith|DM: Not applicable yet, you need to get number of possible suspects down.
Zane rolled d20+8 and got 13 ( Total: 21 )
Aleith|DM: I’ll let you keep the roll though
[OOC] Zane: Oh well in that case.
Zane hits the rooftops. Nobody thinks to hide from a birds-eye view.
[OOC] Zane: in a perfect world I could use Acrobatics for this, because my Perception/Insight is terrible haha
Aleith|DM: Uh, yes, yes it is. None of those are going to work well enough even with a 13, sadly.
Aleith|DM: Chandra?
Chandrasekhar takes the 'organise the police' route. He's spent enough time amongst enough of those 'malcontent' crowds to know and communicate the difference between a curious doubter and someone with blood on their mind. [Diplomacy]
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 6 ( Total: 15 )
Aleith|DM: Narrowed it down a little, but not not enough. Phyllis?
Phyllis steps in to interject and clarify a few matters alongside Chandra. Plus a little magical assistance to make sure they're all on the same page. [Diplomacy - expending Suggestion]
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 5 ( Total: 14.0 )
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst is seated down in a chair making adjustments to his robot. Or at least that's what it looks like. He's actually surveying all those no good elves in the crowd. And then those other threats. Because god knows his coworkers aren't going to spot anything with whatever 'antics' they've been doing on the roof thus far. [Perception]
Ernst rolled d20+7 and got 2 ( Total: 9.0 )
[OOC] Ernst: I deserved that.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Yup.
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Garrett:14 Gerald:13 Zane:10 Chandra:8 Phyllis:4 Ernst:3
Aleith|DM: A half-dozen messengers hand out lyric sheets of the royal anthem, to make sure people get the later verses correct.
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett: "Right, so if you see a big burly man wearing more than five colors…" [Diplomacy, coaching the police]
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20+8 and got 2 ( Total: 10 )
Aleith|DM: …Gerald?
Gerald` is keeping towards the rooftop prowling for the most part. Sort of heading towards locations with good vantage points to potentially sipe at the ship designer, captain, or the king from instead of aimlessly wandering now, however. [Perception]
Gerald` rolled d20+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12.0 )
Aleith|DM: Zane.
Zane slips back into the crowd, not seeing anything useful from above. Time to mingle with the hoi poloi! [Streetwise]
Zane rolled d20+3 and got 4 ( Total: 7 )
Chandrasekhar scans the crowd, then, once he’s satisfied Phyllis and he have given the police an idea of what to look for. They're here for their expertise, after all. [Insight]
[OOC] Zane: I missed you too sugar
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 16 ( Total: 25 )
Aleith|DM: You've managed to identify a few possibilities, but there's still some of the crowd to cover. Phyllis?
Phyllis looks at the general demeanor of groups of passengers. Facial expressions, body language - are they reading their verses, or did they just toss the sheet in the garbage? More than just someone surly because their spouse made them come, a gaggle, a common thread - [Insight]
Phyllis rolled d20+9 and got 2 ( Total: 11.0 )
Ernst sighs before snapping his finger. His robot folds together into an emblem and attaches to his vest. He heads into the crowd proper this time to scout things out. [Perception]
Ernst rolled d20+7 and got 9 ( Total: 16.0 )
Aleith|DM: You've picked out about twenty people of interest, but you need to separate the innocent parade-goers from actual threats.
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Garrett:14 Gerald:13 Zane:10 Chandra:8 Phyllis:4 Ernst:3
Aleith|DM: The excitement builds as people press toward the ropes, and various unsynchronized groups start singing the anthem or other festive sounds.
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
Garrett‘ ducks sort of low as he swims through the crowd, and starts to cuff certain people as he rushes by. Like a bear catching trout from a stream. [Stealth]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+9 and got 17 ( Total: 26 )
Aleith|DM: You manage to grab a couple of dockers who look suspicious, and they start sweating.
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald` drops down from the cargo container he’d been purched upon after noticing a couple hand singles towards a crowd, then circles back around and goes to discreetly nab a few. [Stealth]
Gerald‘ rolled d20+9 and got 16 ( Total: 25.0 )
Aleith|DM: And you find a couple more! The rest seem…mostly fine?
Aleith|DM: But the dockers keep glancing over at the crowd.
Aleith|DM: Zane, Chandra, Phyllis, Ernst, what’re you doing?
Zane fades in with the dockers, woe is us the poor downtrodden unappreciated workers look at the dumb half-orc obviously he knows your pain…. [Bluff for the setup]
Zane rolled d20+8 and got 7 ( Total: 15 )
Ernst scratches at his head before giving the crowd one last go over. Did anyone react to all the cuffing going on? There has to be at least one shady elf here. [Perception]
Ernst rolled d20+7 and got 19 ( Total: 26.0 )
Aleith|DM: It doesn't seem like there's anyone else, Zane-
Phyllis taps Chandra on the shoulder and points over to Garrett's detainees.
Aleith|DM: Oh wait, Ernst spots someone else shady-looking. He's a bit bigger than most of the other dockers, and his fashion sense isn't as glaring, but he's constantly glancing around.
Aleith|DM: As soon as he pulls him over, the rest of the dockers seem to deflate.
Chandrasekhar works with Phyllis. They've done this before - not even an interrogation, just, say the right things, use the right terminology you picked up over the years, see what their eyes give away. [Insight]
Ernst nods to the group giving them the 'Found their leader' signal.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+9 and got 5 ( Total: 14 )
[OOC] Aleith|DM: Success
Docker A: "Hey, we haven't done nothing! You can't keep us here!"
Aleith|DM: The others shout in agreement, but the veteran (he looks like he was in the service before) just grunts.
Garrett: "Oh I wouldn't keep you, but you're gonna watch the festivities from here, for now."
Docker B: "But we wanna see the king!"
Ernst honestly looks disgusted just having to touch this large docker he found. "… someone question this 'thing' before it decides to do something else uncivilized other than grunting, please."
Gerald: "Hmm? I was pretty sure the RHC could do whatever it wanted. That's totally a thing, right?" A glance back at Chandrasekhar and Phyllis.
Phyllis: "We have to justify it later on."
Phyllis: "It's not like you get off consequence-free. The red tape just comes at the end."
Chandrasekhar: "What she means is, 'yes'." Loud enough for the leader to hear.
Phyllis leers at the trio from behind Chandra. "That said, if we do have a problem, you'll deal with us. Is knowing that we've got our eye on you enough to make you all behave?"
Zane just quietly stands behind Phyllis, arms crossed.
Aleith|DM: You give the police the heads up to make sure these five don't get through the checkpoint.
Garrett: "Balls to that, I want to see the king too. That's why these guys are gonna take 'em."
Aleith|DM: They nod, and as the crowd starts to push forward the police start letting people-aside from those dockers, of course.
Phyllis: "Or … that. I was hoping that knowledge of our supervision would act as a deterrent, but…"
Zane: "Better safe than sorry."
Garrett: "Less swords we have to worry about."
Gerald: "Mmhm!"
Chandrasekhar shrugs with one shoulder, and keeps a (smiling) eye on the rest of the crowd as they file in. Good positioning. Lots of people saw them escort the dockers away - maybe it'll give others pause.
Phyllis: "Things are tenuous with the Dockers as it is. I'm just hoping this incident isn't another arrow in their quiver of grievances."
Gerald‘ climbs back up onto a nearby rooftop to resume scanning the crowd.
Garrett: "I hope to hear the ballad of ’We Got Caught By The Spooks Because We Were Going To Kill The King' later in the pub."
Zane swings up beside Gerald. "Heh, I got an arrow for their grievances right here…"
Aleith|DM: After the roughly 700 people file through to the Fleet Square, another docker runs up. This one looks older, and grizzled, with a scar running over his left eye.
Chandrasekhar: "Things are always tenuous with the dockers. They will write a song, they will drink, they will sing the song, they will get paid, and so on."
Aleith|DM: The police aren't letting anyone else through, but he starts to question them about something loudly before noticing the others you found standing off to the side with a couple of police keeping an eye on them
Gerald‘ squints. "Huuh, wonder what that’s about."
Ernst happens to be nearby on the ground so he listens in.
Chandrasekhar glances up.
Garrett‘ is overlooking the square.
Aleith|DM: The older docker was starting to say something about some of his mates going to cause trouble before he spotted the others. Then he starts asking about trying to talk to the Governor.
Phyllis quietly steps over to follow the newcomer.
Zane shrugs. "The others are on it. … Man, this view. We shoulda sold tickets."
Gerald: "Woulda been a lot harder to canvas the area if there was other people up here, though."
Aleith|DM: The police just shake their heads, and his shoulders slump a little. He starts walking away when he spots Phyllis. "Ma’am, you wouldn't happen to be one of the Constables, would you?"
Zane: "Anybody suspicuous we just push 'em off. Piece of cake."
Chandrasekhar is Phyllis' tall, otherworldly, armoured shadow.
Phyllis salutes. "Yes sir. Something you need, sir?"
Gerald‘ looks like he’s strongly considering it, starts to nod, "Oh! No, I mean, them blocking line of sight and what not. But yeah, it's nice!"
Zane: "Ah yeah, true enough."
Grimsley: "I'm Thames Grimsley, ma'am. I was hoping…that you might be able to pass a message to Governor Stanfield for me."
Grimsley: "The dockers are all tired of the police harassing them…just because a few of the city's nobles don't like being made fun of…in their tavern songs. Some of them have even been…arrested, just because they refused to work sixteen hour shifts loading and unloading cargo."
Grimsley: "The people are restless. They're…raring for a riot. I'm trying all I can to keep them calm, but…if the Governor can't take the pressure off them, I fear there'll be…blood on the streets."
Phyllis nods understandingly. "I was just expressing my concerns that we detained your friends here instead of letting them through with the knowledge they'll be watched closely."
Phyllis: "I don't know if I can promise anything, but if we get the opportunity, consider it done."
Grimsley frowns, but nods. "No, they'd probably have still caused trouble…if they were let through, I'm sad to say. It was probably for the best…at this moment."
Grimsley smiles at that last part though. "Thank you. It does my heart good to hear others concerned about their fellows."
Chandrasekhar nods, rather seriously. Some Constables might not be willing to relay such a message, but it seems Grimsley lucked out.
He bows, then gives a friendly wave as he wanders away.
Phyllis jots down Grimsley's name on parchment, making a note to contact him in the future if he needs more appropriate channels. She'll do it, but addressing a Constable is a roundabout way of communicating to a Governor.
Phyllis gives a thumbs-up as he leaves. "Take care out there."
The first of the noble carriages have begun to approach the royal shipyard, and already the crowd on the bridge is doing its job: cheering, throwing flowers, and performing folk songs and dances to show their support.
Before things get too busy, your direct superior—Assistant Chief Inspector Stover Delft—asked you to come to a last-minute meeting to give you your marching orders. You find him chewing a bit of tobacco and eyeing a halfling chef who is carrying a tray of chocolate confections toward the docked Coaltongue.
His attention turns to you, and he smiles. "Only the finest for our king, right?
Delft: "Now then," he says, "we're about to earn our pay. Lots of nobles about, so first, don’t make a scene, and definitely don’t talk to any of the nobility unless they address you first.
Delft: "Second, if something does go wrong, try to handle it yourselves, would you? I’m going to be busy applying my not-inconsiderable charms to very important people. The Constabulary doesn’t get by with just good will and pretty faces, you know.
Delft: "And third, you did good work, so I’ve got a surprise for you."
He grabs his cane and leads you to the gangplank of the Coaltongue. But he’s not pursuing the halfling chef. Rather, ahead of you waits Principal Minister Harkover Lee, the king’s chief advisor and personal bodyguard.
Zane cant help it. He totally sizes up Lee. And immediately decides he doesn't want any of that no sir.
Gerald‘ salutes! Then follows.
Garrett` frowns a little as he realizes they aren’t being led to the confectionary chef, but follows all the same.
Chandrasekhar salutes, listens, follows. (Snorts, almost imperceptibly.)
Ernst gives a quick nod to Lee when their eyes cross. He doesn't say anything.
The inspector waves tiredly to the Minister, before introducing you. "This is Principal Minister Harkover Lee. Minister Lee, these are the Constables helping out with security today."
Garrett‘ stands at-ease.
Delft: "Don’t let the old man scare you, he's harmless. As long as you don't try and go for the King, of course."
Gerald: "That would be kinda silly, he's the one that gave us our jobs!"
Zane nods politely. "Of course." There's at least four weapons under that coat from here, probably more. "A pleasure to meet you sir."
Chandrasekhar isn't sure what he thinks about a bodyguard being described as 'harmless', but… Delft.
Lee: "Likewise. I'm sure security is in order. However, I'd like the representatives of the RHC aboard this evening. The king is planning a major announcement after the banquet and fireworks, and I'd like you present to be extra eyes and ears, to gauge how the various people react."
Aleith|DM: He speaks with a slight Ber-tinged accent.
Gerald‘ nods enthusiastically.
Chandrasekhar raises an eyebrow. Now we’re talking.
Garrett: "Aboard aboard? I don't work well as a flotation device, if you're wondering."
Chandrasekhar: "What sort of reaction are we expecting, sir?"
Lee: "Plus, there are a few recalcitrant guests who might need corralling," he says, glancing in the direction of one of the checkpoints, where a guest and her handmaiden are disembarking from a horse-drawn carriage.
Ernst: "… you're expecting trouble at the announcement I take it?"
Gerald: "C'mon, they just finished the ship! It's not gunna sink if we did our job right, Garrett!"
Lee: "Not trouble, per say, but it is a major announcement, so some will agree with it, and some disagree."
Lee: "It's useful to confirm who is on which side."
Chandrasekhar nods.
Zane: "Keep your friends close…"
Garrett: "And your enemies on the other end of a knife."
Lee: "I must be off. There's more preparations to see to. If you have any further questions, please direct them to Inspector Delft." He nods to you before turning around and heading to the ship.
Garrett‘ nods in return, and turns back to the chief.
Zane doesn’t even beat around the bush, turning to Delft. "Why us? There's senior agents that would be better for this."
Phyllis: "It shouldn't come to that, I hope. Guests won't have prepared or organized any crimes, if they're otherwise fine before their reaction."
Delft: "They're busy with other assignments, and you've been doing a lot of work for this. It's a good opportunity to see how you all work as a team out in the field."
Phyllis: "And, um, take care." She's been mostly quiet, bashful around another mage that far surpasses her in skill.
Zane: "Nnf. Fine."
Delft: "Now, remember what I said. Don't bother me unless you have to," before heading to go mingle with the crowd on the docks.
Garrett: "Group o' six, can't go wrong with that. Great for darts, drinks, and disrupting subterfuge."
Gerald‘ tilts his head in Zane’s direction.
Ernst glances at Garrett before shaking his head. "If you're paying, sure."
Chandrasekhar: "…you will notice things I do not, I will notice things you do not." Although, he gave Zane an approving nod.
Garrett‘ glances at Ernst. "Well, maybe five drinks, since you may not be old enough yet, but you still gotta pay your share."
Gerald: "Uhh we should probably save the drinks until after the party, though!"
Chandrasekhar: "If he’s old enough to join the Constables…" He deadpans.
Chandrasekhar glances off in the direction of the recalcitrant guest. Is that where Delft went off to?
Garrett‘ shrugs. "Who knows what goes through Lady Saxby’s head when choosing recruits. I asked the same question of me'self."
Ernst rolls his eyes before heading after Delft. "All I'm hearing is that you're all about to outperform me when things go sour. Don't set the bar too high."
Aleith|DM: Delft headed onto the ship. You can probably do the same and mingle if you wish.
Zane: "You might suprise me…"
Garrett: "Anyway, I better get to my post. You know, that bit under the shade there."
Gerald: "Ahh, c'mon! Don't sell yourself so short!" A hard, friendly slap to Ernst's back.
Phyllis: "I didn't say anything. You made it this far."
Gerald: "I'm sure you're great, just like everyone else!"
Gerald‘ then darts ahead to go check out the ship! Runs only on a steam engine! How exciting!
Chandrasekhar was looking for that guest Delft mentioned, see if it was anyone he recognised.
Zane shadows the eladrin. Its dengerous to go alone, take someone with a garrote.
Phyllis tries to recall any other guests of import, though it may be a bit of a useless list until they’re there in person.
Aleith|DM: The guest that the Minister glanced at, now that you take a better look, appears to be Duchess Ethelyn of Shale, the King's sister.
Aleith|DM: The sailors aren't letting anyone on the ship yet.
Phyllis: The governer mentioned before. Stanfield. Is he about?
Gerald‘ then promptly turns around, after being shoo’d away. He sighs and doubles back to the group.
Chandrasekhar does, indeed, recognise the Duchess! And he instantly comprehends why Delft chose the words he chose, with a slight chuckle.
Chandrasekhar: "Aha."
Zane: "Aha?"
Ernst seems to have walked off on his own. He's moving about the crowd. Perhaps he'd come across a familiar face or two.
Aleith|DM: Phyllis: You spot Captain Smith of the RNS Impossible talking with a black-bearded dwarf. They seem to be having a bit of a debate.
Aleith|DM: The Governor doesn't appear to be here yet.
Chandrasekhar: "The Duchess can be… challenging to get along with, for some people."
Aleith|DM: The person probably standing out the most would be a tiefling slightly off to the side, with a few industrialists and military officers hanging nearby asking him questions.
Gerald: "That's the captains hat!" Gerald loudly whispers in an excited tone towards Phyllis, apparently having found her before anyone else in the group.
Chandrasekhar: "I am… unsure whether I consider it a challenge or not, but, if so, it is an enjoyable one."
Phyllis scans them over. Either of them noble enough to avoid talking to, like Delft warned against? - lost in thought, she jumps almost a mile high when Gerald hisses in her ear.
Zane: "Oh goody." He lets the sarcasm drip from his lips and rub up against Chandra's ankles.
Phyllis: "Trying to listen. Hush."
Aleith|DM: Captain Smith isn't a noble, and neither the dwarf. There's also no tiefling nobility in Risur, so you're good there.
Chandrasekhar can't help smiling with amusement, then outright chuckling.
Garrett: "I'm not sure I get your aim Chandra, but you do you."
Gerald: "Oh, okay."
Gerald: "(We could totally go talk to 'em though!)"
Aleith|DM: It seems that the Duchess has noticed you looking at her, though, Chandrasekhar, as she and her handmaiden start heading toward you.
Chandrasekhar: "When you share enough with someone that you can sing the same song, yet disagree on the meaning of the words… ah." He straightens up, bows when appropriate. "My lady Ethelyn. How do the festivities find you?"
Phyllis shrugs in agreement and gives the Captain and the dwarf a nod in greeting as she approaches, trying to make sure it comes across as genuine interest instead of, uh, official capacity. "You two seem like you're talking about something interesting. Mind if I listen in?"
Ethelyn: "Oh, you must be one of the constables helping tonight. I'm Duchess Ethelyn and this is my handmaiden, Sokana." Her elven handmaiden, somewhat darkskinned like her, nods politely.
Gerald: "Man, how cool is it that you get to sail this thing!"
Zane nods politely in return.
Ethelyn: "It is my understanding that you have some sway over the arrangements of this event. If you could do an old lady a kindness, the air here is already leaving me winded, and the company is already giving me a headache. I know my brother’s party is going to run late, so I need a room I can nap in. I’d be very grateful if you’d arrange this for me once we board."
Garrett‘ stands flank and to the back of Chandrasekhar, at-ease, somewhat interested in how this is going to play out.
Chandrasekhar nods, graciously. "It would be my pleasure, my lady. I am unclear as to when they will allow anyone aboard, but I do not imagine that will be a problem." Could have been worse!
Ethelyn: "Thank you kindly. It should be after my brother arrives and christens the ship. I do hope he’ll arrive soon."
Aleith|DM: The captain and the dwarf turn to Phyllis. "Ah, Phyllis. Good to see you here. I was just discussing with my friend here about the finer points of Miller's philosophy. All conflicts could be avoided by sufficient understanding between opposing groups, no?" He turns to Gerald. "You're one of the newer Constables, right? Sorry, but I'm not captaining this ship. It's still the Impossible for me. Haven't seen any action yet, I couldn't possibly be assigned to the new flagship."
Chandrasekhar nods as well. The sooner this is over, the sooner he can stop worrying about public catastrophe.
Aleith|DM: The duchess starts wandering over to the crowd, the handmaiden giving another bow before following her.
Gerald: "Oooh, wrong hat. Uh. Sorry if I offended! Still, it's pretty cool, isn't it?"
Smith nods. "Easy mistake. Probably shouldn't have worn it, but it goes with the uniform."
Garrett: "Seemed reasonable enough to me. Then again we potentically had something she wanted."
[OOC] Garrett: *potentially
Aleith|DM: The dwarf scowls. "Standard Heid Eschatol theory states that any ordered system will inevitably be ruined by some random accident, so a single misunderstanding would doom Millerite theories of peace." The dwarf and the captain take another drag of their cigars as the captain thinks.
Phyllis: "The interminable argument avoidance, I think some scholars have termed the bargain as such."
Gerald: "(Oh, this is one of your coversations! Good luck!)" Another 'whisper' to Phyllis.
Zane: "Tryin not to be offended that she's using the RHC to book a room at the inn. Mostly succeeding."
Phyllis: "While true, is it still not an ideal to strive for?"
Phyllis: "Neglect doesn't lead to better endings."
Aleith|DM: The dwarf grunts. "A fair point."
Chandrasekhar chuckles. "Most people are, when it comes down to it. Just becomes a question of what you are willing to give." A slight shrug. "She is a good woman to have on your side, if that helps."
Aleith|DM: Smith nods to Phyllis. "Thank you. It's not often that you stick up for my side of things."
Zane grunts. "Nobles and politics. Makes me homesick."
Zane: "I'd give Garretts leg for a good bear fight."
Aleith|DM: All told, it looks like there's roughly one hundred guests now, and they've all arrived. About one quarter dignitaries, half their retinues, and the remaining quarter local staff.
Garrett: "She'll forget our faces in about ten seconds." Glances at Zane and down at himself. "Maybe faster."
Chandrasekhar laughs again, at that. "How long has it been? Ber is not my home, but I too grow homesick for your country now and then."
Chandrasekhar: "Mmm. Perhaps. But she will remember the Constabulary."
Phyllis chuckles at Smith. "I'd trust you to do the same, despite our disagreements."
Zane: "Only a couple years. But time does fly when I'm having fun."
Phyllis: "True victory here isn't winning the argument, but finding the flaws in our own defenses."
Aleith|DM: With great pomp and grandeur, trumpeters announce the arrival of the king’s carriage. Elite guards line the thoroughfare and open the door, and first the city governor Roland Stanfield, then King Aodhan himself emerge.
Garrett: "Right, guess I gotta stop gawkin'."
Ernst pops back into the crowd at the sound of trumpets. It was time to get to work.
Chandrasekhar nods. "Nine years, next month. Perhaps I will return some day." The trumpets do their job…
Aleith|DM: The king offers a one-sided smile to the crowd and is greeted by his Principal Minister and his sister. Children, gathered in advance by royal aides, cheer and sing the traditional crown anthem as the group makes its way to the docks.
Phyllis: "I believe that's our cue. Take care, Smith."
Zane rolls his head on his neck. "Well, they're playing our song." And he fades into the crowd, shadowing the royal procession.
Aleith|DM: Smith and the dwarf nod to Phyllis and Gerald as they head off.
Aleith|DM: The king gives a short speech about the RNS Coaltongue being the first ship of it's kind built by Risur, for Risur. He then heads to some stairs on a pier heading up to a scaffolding beside the ship's bow.
Zane starts watching the crowd intently now. He's isolated, elevated… the perfect target.
Garrett‘ blends, and listens to the murmurs of the crowd.
Aodhan: "This ship will be formally known as the Royal Naval Ship Coaltongue, named after the mythic warlord said to breath smoke and fire!" He then takes a champagne bottle and smashes it across the bow.
Aleith|DM: At that moment, a steam whistle sounds, and black smoke begins to roil out of the ship’s stacks.
Aleith|DM: After some cheering, the crowd begins to board the ship.
Gerald‘ lets out a low whistle.
Zane slips onboard to get the duchess her requested room.
Chandrasekhar lets out about -half- of the breath he’d been holding in.
Ernst doesn't bother pushing his way on the ship. He'll let the crowd get through first.
Aleith|DM: Inspector Delft hangs back to let the rest of the crowd go first as he keeps watch, but urges any of you that wait to head on before he does.
Garrett‘ heads on with the flow of the crowd.
Aleith|DM: Zane, you manage to flag down a petty officer.
Elian: "Elian Aughtbrook. What can I do for you, officer?"
Phyllis doesn’t bother waiting. Try shoving a dwarf around, see what you get.
Gerald‘ slips in with the middle of the crowd, since, well, probably want someone there.
Zane: "Need to reserve a cabin for the Duchess of Shale, His majesty’s sister. Retinue is just her handmaiden."
Chandrasekhar followed Zane, lagging behind just a little to make sure they're dispersed through the crowd.
Aleith|DM: The officer pulls out a notebook, making a couple of notes. "Alright, there's a room at the aftdeck of the gundeck she can use. I'll find her and show her to it."
Garrett‘ stays with the above-deck crowd, keeping an eye on things.
Zane: "Appreciated, petty officer Aughtbrook."
Aleith|DM: The officer nods and heads towards the crowd to locate the duchess.
Ernst makes his way to the lower levels of the boat. There was more than enough coverage deck side and no doubt there would be at least one person who wandered all the way down that wasn’t supposed to be there.
Aleith|DM: Once everyone is aboard and enjoying light refreshments on the main deck, another whistle sounds and the Coaltongue sweeps toward the centre of the harbour, where eight traditional four-masted ships enter formation with it.
Aleith|DM: Against their white sails, the black clouds from the Coaltongue's smokestacks make for a dramatic image, though you do notice a few people glaring at the sight, including the duchess before the petty officer catches up to her.
Aleith|DM: Crowds along the shore can be seen cheering as the small fleet sets a course out of the harbour, toward open sea.
Chandrasekhar finally allows himself to, briefly, enjoy the moment.
[OOC] Aleith|DM: So the map of the ship is on the board, three lower decks below the main deck. Cross-section of the ship here: http://i.imgur.com/WpQN1Ea.jpg
Gerald‘ makes a mental note of anyone frowning as someone to keep an eye on after the King’s announcement later.
Aleith|DM: Having already looked at the plans while preparing for the launching, the layout of the ship is somewhat familiar, Ernst, and the walkaround lets you establish it more firmly in your mind.
Ernst eventually finds himself by the engine room. This sort of technology always did interest him.
Aleith|DM: The guests are staying at the main deck. Toward the front, there is an elaborate glass frame, shaped in a half-cylinder to resemble the boiler of a train-locomotive. From the documents you've read, this is the main trump card Risur has to play against Danoran warships: a magical capacitor.
Aleith|DM: Excess energy from the steam engine can be stored in the thin metallic etchings within the glass. Even at full power, the interior of the capacitor is perfectly safe to walk through, and many of the tables for the banquet up inside it.
Ernst looks the device over for any sort of tampering. There was two ways that someone could sabotage this event. An attack on someone important or an attack on the focus of the event.
Aleith|DM: The primary purpose of the capacitor is to power attack spells of the ship’s warmages, and to charge the Brand.
Aleith|DM: The Brand—so named because it burns an image into any surface it strikes—fires a massive blast of pyromantic energy from the ship’s figurehead, often enough to outright destroy a smaller vessel and cripple a larger one. Its range is limited to about a hundred feet, and after firing it takes hours to recharge the capacitor, but combined with the Coaltongue’s speed and maneuverability, the Brand should deter attacks by Danor’s navy
Phyllis: By their navy, perhaps. But not by a saboteur.
Aleith|DM: The next deck down is the gundeck, with twelve cannons to a side. Mage's quarters are at the fore, and the aft has observation rooms. The duchess is staying in a small room off to the side of the latter.
Phyllis goes to give the Mage's quarters a look before the announcement.
Aleith|DM: The berth deck below is mostly notable for the magazine at the fore, and the sickbay aft. A guard standing by the magazine points out the wards hanging in the three rooms filled with barrles of firedust-the wards provide protection from fire to protect the magazine from exploding from a stray shot.
Aleith|DM: A lowest deck contains the engine, some some supplies at the fore, and the large container of firegems-fuel for the engine.
Aleith|DM: A few engineers are keeping watch on the engines, and one of them greets you enthusatically as you ask about the engines.
Ernst nods a few times to the engineers but he seems more interested in making his own assertions than trusting theirs.
Aleith|DM: The engineer points out the two Relief valves on either side of the boiler, in case they need to let loose some steam. There's a couple of Sirens in case of emergency, too.
Gerald‘ is probably handing out on the berth death until it’s time for dinner and/or announcements. Seems like there's not too many eyes on the firegems here since the wards are set up to contain explosions from within.
Aleith|DM: About an hour later, near nine o'clock, the Coaltongue sits anchored just within sight of shore, surrounded by its eight-ship escort. The starry blanket of night hovers overheard, and a quarter moon peeks above the eastern horizon. The crew have set up an outdoor kitchen on the aft maindeck, and are using the interior of the capacitor as a banquet room. The ceiling occasionally flickers with silver arcs of magical energy, which the crowd delights in.
Aleith|DM: There's a guard standing in front of the magazine containing the firedust barrels, but not much aside from them, no.
Aleith|DM: A whistle from the bridge sets off motion as nearly the entire crew starts to line up around the outer deck, carrying horns, drums, and woodwinds.
Chandrasekhar thinks the capacitor-as-banquet-room is pretty excellently cheeky.
Garrett‘ sticks to a wall of the banquet room, observing. Thinking about how he’s gonna have to splurge a bit once off-duty on a filling dinner. Though aside, to Chandrasekhar:
Garrett: "I don't know about ship design… but would you put such a piece of equipment right up on deck like that?"
Gerald‘ takes that has his cue to assemble for eaves dropping, and heads up deck.
Aleith|DM: The king and his Principal Minister move for the front end of the capacitor/banquet hall, and Garrett, standing nearby, hears the king complaining about indigestion.
Aodhan: "One of the local archfey is upset I parked my ship here," he guesses, laughing it off. "One of the burdens of kingship; the fey can really let me know when they’ve got an opinion. I always get burps that taste like fish when I sail these days."
Garrett` tries really hard to suppress a grin.
Aleith|DM: Stover Delft detaches himself from a trio of military veterans arguing about small-unit tactics and comes to Chandrasekhar. "I don’t see the Duchess around. Do you want to see if she's done with her nap? She shouldn't miss the king's speech."
Chandrasekhar was about to answer Garrett- and does kind of shake his head, although maybe there was a reason- but then Delft shows up. "Certainly, sir." And he heads… in that direction!
Zane fades out of the crowd in-step behind Chandra. He's really good at that for being a half-orc.
Garrett‘ stays put up on deck.
Garrett` actually scratch that he also follows behind Chandra. You got your own posse, bro.
Gerald` *is* gunna stick topside, though.
Phyllis stays up top, keeping an eye on the crowd, judging reactions.
Chandrasekhar appreciates the assistance.
Phyllis: Strike that. Heading down.
Ernst is still in the engine room.
Aleith|DM: One of the other engineers suggests Ernst head up to see the banquet and enjoy the music. Not much is happening down here.
Ernst gives him a flat stare. "I’m down here for a reason. I'm sure you know what that is."
Aleith|DM: As Chandra and company head to the quarters, the handmaiden asks why you're here- "My lady is still sleeping. Can I help you with something?"
Zane lets the eladrin answer. Probably the wiser option compared to 'Speech time, wake her ass up.'
Garrett‘ lets the eladrin answer. Probably the wiser option compared to ’the lady's man-tauge is here.'
Chandrasekhar: "The King's speech will be starting soon; her presence has been specifically requested. I'm sorry to bother you and the lady Duchess."
Sokana: "I'm sure it won't be much of a trifle if she misses it. She was very tired today."
Zane silently counts 'one'. "She should be there to show her support for her brother."
Sokana: "I insist. Please, let her get her rest."
Chandrasekhar looks apologetic. Fairly sincerely apologetic! Nobles don't like being woken up from naps. "Ser Delft seemed to imply that there would be an announcement of particular import to her interests."
Sokana: "I'm sure she'll hear about it later."
Zane silently counts 'two', and then 'three'. And sighs quietly.
Garrett: "Mm. She must sleep like the dead."
Phyllis ambles up, slightly behind, having noticed her teammates go downstairs. She didn't have knowledge of the arrangements, but if there's a group here…
Chandrasekhar gives Sokana a Level Stare.
Ernst squints at the engineer. ; Perception
Phyllis: "Constables. Is there a problem here?"
Ernst rolled d20+7 and got 6 ( Total: 13.0 )
Chandrasekhar: "I'm sorry to cause you any trouble; I know how nobles can be. But I think it would be best if you complied with Ser Delft's wishes."
[OOC] Ernst: Uhh Heroic Effort that.
Aleith|DM: No, you're fine
Zane: "Not sure yet. Maybe about to be."
Aleith|DM: Ernst, you only see two engineers, weren't there three?
Aleith|DM: Zane, as you glance out the window (rimmed in gold thread, by the way), you notice something odd. It looks like-well, there's a large, dark spot in the water.
Ernst sighs to himself before taking a look around the engine room. He really should have taken a familiar to long distance messages to his squad. "Where'd your friend go?"
Zane: "… Almost definitely about to be." And he points out the window at the spot in the water.
Chandrasekhar: "!"
Aleith|DM: You can see something riding on that spot and….is that the duchess swimming towards it?
Aleith|DM: Perception!
Garrett: "Now it's a matter of security. One side, miss." And he pushes past her to open the door.
Aleith|DM: It's locked
[OOC] Zane: haaahaha
Garrett‘ picks the lock obviously.
Aleith|DM: Too late!
Zane rolled 1d20 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
[OOC] Zane: aw YISS
Chandrasekhar sighs.
Aleith|DM: Perception?
Aleith|DM: all of you
Aleith|DM: aside from Ernst who already made his
Phyllis rolled d20+2 and got 3 ( Total: 5.0 )
Garrett` rolled 1d20+6 and got 9 ( Total: 15 ) for percept
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+2 and got 9 ( Total: 11 )
Gerald` rolled d20+8 and got 1 ( Total: 9 ) for i can see the ocean from here :D
Phyllis: "Let us through before this gets ugly." [Intimidate?]
Zane rolled d20+0 and got 16 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM: Zane notices a couple of halflings in the room-the chefs! Carrying knives! (apparently there was another one)
Aleith|DM rolled 6d20 and got 8, 17, 6, 14, 15, 3 ( Total: 63 )
Also rolled 5d20 and got 4, 4, 19, 3, 8 [Total: 38 (Low), Avg: 7.60]
Total: 101, Avg: 9.18
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Garrett:14 Gerald:13 Zane:10 Chandra:8 Phyllis:4 Ernst:3
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Gerald:20 Sokana:19 Ernst:17 Phyllis:15 Garrett:10 Halfling B:8 Chandra:7 Zane:7 Saboteur A:4 Saboteur B:4 Halfling A:3
Aleith|DM: The band starts playing the national anthem!
Aleith|DM: Gerald! All you hear is music. Loud music.
Gerald` doesn’t have anything better to do than keep looking around for anything out of place, it seems like!
Aleith|DM: The 'elf's' eyes flare blue as a whirlwind gale pulls you off the ground, and then the handmaiden vanishes into the vortex. [Otherwind Stride]
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+6(1) and got 9 ( Total: 15.0 ) for vs Fort, Chandra and Garrett
Also rolled 2#d20+6(2) and got 6 [Total: 12.0 (Low), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 27.0, Avg: 7.50
Aleith|DM rolled 3d6+3 and got 3, 4, 3 ( Total: 13.0 ) for immobilized Until End of Sokana's Next Turn
Aleith|DM: 13 damage to both!
Aleith|DM: She reappears in the hallway, then moves towards the stairs!
Aleith|DM: Ernst! There's an engineer trying to sneak up behind you, but…that didn't go so well. The other one seems to be heading for the other engineer. Both of them are wielding large wrenches
Phyllis: "What's our priority here? Clean up the small fries first, or make sure she doesn't get away?"
Garrett: "She's heading somewhere more important!"
Garrett: "Keep on her!"
Chandrasekhar: "She's in on the plan. We need to bring her in alive."
Ernst calls out to the other engineer. "These two are trying to take us out. Watch out!" He takes a few steps towards the furnace to not get cornered (Move action), summons his robot (minor action) and then has it fire off a static shock at Engineer Sabotoeur B.
Ernst rolled d20+4 and got 15 ( Total: 19.0 ) for vs reflex
Zane: "Phyliss you're the mystic, Chandra you cover her. Me and Garrett got the small fry. We'll catch up."
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Ernst rolled d8+4 and got 2 ( Total: 6.0 ) for All attacks it makes until my next turn do -2 damage
Phyllis: "At best I can keep up the flank with the small fries. She'll outrun me at this rate."
Phyllis: "So, you go on, and I'll make sure they can't pursue."
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Zane grunts.
Garrett: "Well I'm not going anywhere for a while."
Phyllis: Which one of those squares is a door out, and which ones are just windows?
Aleith|DM: all three are doors, windows aren't shown
Aleith|DM: the one to the bed is locked, and the other two are open
Aleith|DM: halfling trying to hide behind the one that's not the halway
Phyllis shifts a square into the hallway and compels the 'elf' to come back.
Phyllis: "You. Stay." [Charm of Misplaced Wrath]
Phyllis rolled d20+5 and got 4 ( Total: 9.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Phyllis: Does she have LoS to either halfling?
Aleith|DM: sadly no
Aleith|DM: Walls blocking both
Phyllis: Miss effect doesn't do anything then.
Aleith|DM: Garrett?
[OOC] Garrett: for purposes of this init tracker, which halfing of A or B is Ilton
Aleith|DM: oh right
Aleith|DM: A
[OOC] Zane: Today on Zeitgeist, Cutthroat Kitchen with Ilton Brown
Garrett‘ unpockets a shuriken [Minor] and hurls it at Ilton! [Standard, RBA]
Garrett` rolled 1d20+10 and got 11 ( Total: 21 ) for 8 normal, +2 CA for having not acted yet
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Garrett` rolled 1d6+4 and got 5 ( Total: 9 ) for sneak damage too
Also rolled 2d6 and got 3, 3 [Total: 6]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 15
Aleith|DM: The halfling starts with surprise, since he was expecting to shank you first!
Garrett` hisses and sucks in some of the pain. [Action point] [Second Wind]
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Gerald:20 Sokana:19 Ernst:17 Phyllis:15 Garrett:10 Halfling B:8 Chandra:7 Zane:7 Saboteur A:4 Saboteur B:4 Halfling A:3
Gerald` just kind of wandering around, waiting for any trouble to show up. And then he’ll shoot it if it does! :D [Readied action]
Aleith|DM: Nebin sneaks behind Zane and stabs him in the foot! [Foot Poke]
Aleith|DM rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 )
Aleith|DM: oh right
Aleith|DM: um
Aleith|DM: that's a 1 though
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Chandra?
Aleith|DM: Also Zane
Zane ignores the pint-sized menace with the knife, heading out the door and firing an arrow at Sokana. [Move, Shortbow RBA]
Aleith|DM: OA!
Chandrasekhar flickers -out- and then -in- again, standing closer to 'Sokana'. [Fey Step]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 9 ( Total: 15 )
Aleith|DM: After the teleport, you're no longer immobilized!
Zane rolled d20+7 and got 11 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM rolled d6+2 and got 4 ( Total: 6.0 ) for 2nd is poison + weakened (save ends)
Also rolled 3d6 and got 6, 3, 6 [Total: 15 (High), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 21.0, Avg: 4.75
Aleith|DM: 21 damage to Zane! Weakened!
[OOC] Zane: Whoa what
Aleith|DM: From the OA
Aleith|DM: the halfling got when you moved past him!
[OOC] Zane: OA against my Fort? uggghhh I hate monsters
[OOC] Phyllis: This is why I shifted.
Aleith|DM: wait no
Aleith|DM: I
Aleith|DM: right you actually have AC
Chandrasekhar also uses a healing surge apparently? [Second Wind]
Aleith|DM: it missed, I lied
[OOC] Zane: hell yes OK haha
Aleith|DM: And you hit Sokana
Zane rolled 3d8+4 and got 4, 8, 7 ( Total: 23.0 ) for [Shortbow, Attack Finesse, Furious Assault]
Chandrasekhar also runs closer to her, since being made of magic is magical.
Aleith|DM: 23! Sokana staggers, then doesn't look pleased when Chandrasekhar runs up to her.
Chandrasekhar runs ALL THE WAY UP TO HER in fact and then brings forth the justice of Srasama. [Divine Challenge]
Aleith|DM: Saboteur A moves up to the poor, not-involved-Engineer, and smashes him over the head, then picks up a shovel.
Ernst groans. "I EVEN CALLED OUT TO YOU. IT WAS A WRENCH HOW ARE YOU OUT COLD ALREADY?"
Aleith|DM: He doesn't respond as he starts bleeding onto the floor.
Aleith|DM: The other saboteur rounds on Ernst, raising his wrench and swinging at him.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 6 ( Total: 12 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: The remaining halfling moves to flank Garrett before stabbing him in the foot! [Foot Poke]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 19 ( Total: 27 )
Aleith|DM rolled d6+2 and got 3 ( Total: 5.0 )
Also rolled 3d6 and got 5, 1, 6 [Total: 12 (High), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 17.0, Avg: 3.75
Aleith|DM: 17 damage, and weakened (save ends)!
Aleith|DM: also knocked prone
Garrett‘ is dying, so yeah, prone.
Aleith|DM: wait, well
Aleith|DM: it was part of the attack
Zane growls. "Alright, she’s on you Chandra."
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Gerald:20 Sokana:19 Ernst:17 Phyllis:15 Garrett:10 Halfling B:8 Chandra:7 Zane:7 Saboteur A:4 Saboteur B:4 Halfling A:3
Aleith|DM: Gerald! The national anthemn sure is catchy, huh?
Phyllis looks down at Garrett. "… you're not dying. Not on my watch."
Gerald: It sure is! Especially the crew below desk singingly badly long with it! :D! Gunna get wandering around, looking for trouble!! [Readied Action]
Aleith|DM: Sokana growls as she flicks her hand and 3 fire sprites appear around Chandra! [Conjure Fire Sprites]
Aleith|DM: She then takes a cautious step back, before heading to the stairs and jumping down to the lower level.
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst takes a step back before calling down a giant floating eye. It just sits there making all enemies in the engine room visible. [Punishing Eye]
Aleith|DM: Ah, that is a Standard. Phyllis?
Phyllis steps further into the hallway, giving chase, and compels the fire sprites to disperse. Chandra may get a little bit more distance, if he's lucky, too. [Beguiling Strands]
Phyllis rolled 4#d20+5(1) and got 5 ( Total: 10.0 ) for Chandra then sprites
Also rolled 4#d20+5(2) and got 16 [Total: 21.0 (High), Avg: 16.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+5(3) and got 8 [Total: 13.0 (Low), Avg: 8.00]
Also rolled 4#d20+5(4) and got 17 [Total: 22.0 (High), Avg: 17.00]
Total: 66.0, Avg: 11.50
[OOC] Phyllis: vs Will
Aleith|DM: Chandra's not an enemy anyway
Aleith|DM: but that hits all three!
Aleith|DM: Poof! they disappear in a cloud of embers.
[OOC] Phyllis: OH I thought it was creature, not enemy
Aleith|DM: Garrett! dying save? :D
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20 and got 12 ( Total: 12 )
Aleith|DM: well, you’re still fine-ish
Aleith|DM: Nebin runs up to Zane and stabs at him! [Charge!]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 11 ( Total: 19 )
Aleith|DM rolled d6+2 and got 1 ( Total: 3.0 )
Aleith|DM: Dealing 3 damage.
Aleith|DM: Chandra?
Zane: "Oh. Hello. That was *amazingly* dumb."
Aleith|DM: The halfling sweats.
Aleith|DM: Oh right Garrett, save vs weakened?
[OOC] Garrett: use the 12 for that too
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20 and got 9 ( Total: 9 )
Aleith|DM: I should look up dying saving throws
Aleith|DM: >_>
Aleith|DM: but I think you lose 1 hp for that?
[OOC] Garrett: I don’t
[OOC] Gerald: He saved vs dying, jsut not vs weaken!
Aleith|DM: Oh, was 'use the 12 for that too' sarcastic?
[OOC] Gerald: yes
Chandrasekhar takes off like a rocket as soon as Phyllis helpfully dusts the fire sprites- they've done this before- careening down the stairs and coming to a halt next to the other Eladrin, ceremonial dagger glowing like the sun in his hand. "'AND AFTER A THOUSAND SUMMERS, THE ROCKS WILL BE SHATTERED, AND THE KUZU WILL REMAIN!'" [Radiant Delirium]
Chandrasekhar rolled 1d20+5 and got 3 ( Total: 8 ) for vs. Reflex, I think I did this right?
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Half damage and dazed UEoNT?
Gerald: "Rocks shattered…? I don't remember that part of the anthemn. Huh!"
Chandrasekhar rolled 3d8+4 and got 6, 7, 4 ( Total: 21 ) for half of this as radiant damage, dazed UEoNT
Aleith|DM: Okay, you used a ranged attack beside her. OA before that hits.
Aleith|DM: She strikes you with her amber rod as you charge up to her! [Amber Rod]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+8 and got 10 ( Total: 18 )
Aleith|DM: It misses, however!
Aleith|DM: you daze her!
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Gerald:20 Sokana:19 Ernst:17 Phyllis:15 Garrett:10 Halfling B:8 Chandra:7 Zane:7 Saboteur A:4 Saboteur B:4 Halfling A:3
Aleith|DM: Zane!
Chandrasekhar: "…what in the world do you hope to accomplish, like this? You'll just turn people against the truth."
Zane grins at Nebin, and suddenly he's no longer holding a short//bow// intead its a short//sword//. Ta-da! Then he springs to the side and whips his shortsword in a vicious cut around the doorframe at Ilton! [Quick Swap (free), Shift 1 (move), Quick Lunge (Shift 1, attack Ilton, shift back to starting position).
Zane rolled d20+8 and got 8 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 1d4 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for [Damage and Attack Finesse and Assassin Strike]
Also rolled 1d8 and got 2 [Total: 2 (Low), Avg: 2.00]
Also rolled 1d10 and got 6 [Total: 6 (High), Avg: 6.00]
Total: 10, Avg: 3.33
Aleith|DM: you…didn't use that yet, right
Aleith|DM: wait you hit Ilton
Aleith|DM: he drops!
Zane: "Suprise! Your friend had to die first. Now, surrender and I wont use your guts to bind my friends wounds."
Phyllis: "You're out of poison, too, I'd wager. And you have both a half-orc and a dwarf staring you down."
Phyllis: "So even if you did…"
Zane: "What no I'm n- oh //him// right yes. Of course."
Aleith|DM: The saboteurs move up and both swing at Ernst!
Aleith|DM rolled 2#d20+6(1) and got 8 ( Total: 14.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+6(2) and got 13 [Total: 19.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Total: 33.0, Avg: 10.50
[OOC] Ernst: Heroic whatever on the 19 I can do that right.
Aleith|DM: nope
[OOC] Ernst: :(
Aleith|DM: Only your own attacks
Aleith|DM: It's not luck
Aleith|DM rolled d12+3 and got 1 ( Total: 4.0 )
Ernst: "Rude."
Aleith|DM: 4 damage!
Aleith|DM: The halfling glances between the dwarf and the half-orc…
Aleith|DM: …and then stabs at Zane.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 4 ( Total: 10 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Gerald:20 Sokana:19 Ernst:17 Phyllis:15 Garrett:10 Halfling B:8 Chandra:7 Zane:7 Saboteur A:4 Saboteur B:4 Halfling A:3
Aleith|DM: Gerald! Perception?
Gerald‘ begins walking towards the stairs. "Hey guys, what’s taking so long! You left forever ago!"
Phyllis: "Suit yourself."
Gerald‘ rolled d20+8 and got 20 ( Total: 28.0 )
[OOC] Gerald: fuck you aleith :(
Phyllis: "Gerald, get downstairs."
Zane: "Oh my god you are //precious//. Phyllis can I keep this ones ear? Pleeeease?"
[OOC] Garrett: he cricially shots through the floor
Aleith|DM: You’re…pretty sure you hear some noise downstairs, including Chandra yelling at the top of his lungs.
Gerald: "Oh."
Gerald‘ rolls over the side of the stairs. And again. And again. And lands behind Chandrasekhar.
Gerald: "So uh."
Gerald: "Fire at will right?"
Aleith|DM: The eladrin glares at you with blazing blue eyes.
Aleith|DM: The female one.
Aleith|DM: Can you make an acrobatics check too, Gerald?
Zane sees the new-guy-shaped blur out the corner of his eyes. "GO GET ’EM, ROOK!"
Chandrasekhar: "Good of you to join us, my friend. …we need to bring her in alive, but otherwise…"
Gerald‘ rolled d20+9 and got 3 ( Total: 12 ) for i mean they aren’t even big stairs
Ernst calls up from the basement. "Yes. Fire at will. And quickly I've been fighting a 2v1 this entire time and one of these assholes finally hit me."
Aleith|DM: Okay you fall prone.
Gerald‘ doesn’t care, he has a gun! :D
Aleith|DM: But aside from that, you're fine!
[OOC] Gerald: Hunter's Quarry] Gerald slips a shotgun off his back, aims carefully between Chandrasekhar's legs, then fires into the handmaiden's legs! [Hunter's Bear Trap}
Gerald‘ rolled 2d20+8 and got 6, 9 ( Total: 23.0 )
[OOC] Gerald: err
[OOC] Gerald: 14, 17, so one hit
Aleith|DM: was that including CA?
Aleith|DM: from dazed?
[OOC] Gerald: oh, it was not
Gerald` rolled d20+8 and got 16 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM: that’s +2 anyway
Aleith|DM: so the first still doesn't hit
Aleith|DM: let me check something anyway but roll damage
Chandrasekhar seems remarkably unfazed and a little impressed.
[OOC] Gerald: I thought CA was roll to hit twice? or am I thinking of 5e
[OOC] Phyllis: 5e
[OOC] Gerald: oh my bad
Gerald‘ rolled 2d8+5 and got 2, 6 ( Total: 13 ) for Ongoing 5 and Slowed (Save Ends)
d6: 3 [Total: 3]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 16
[OOC] Phyllis: +2 to-hit here and sometimes opens up conditionals, like SNEAK ATTACK
Aleith|DM: CA is +2
Aleith|DM: And Prone has -2 to attacks anyway
Aleith|DM: so they cancelled out
Aleith|DM: 16 damage!
Aleith|DM: and oh god she’s still dazed right
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Aleith|DM rolled d10 and got 7 ( Total: 7 )
Aleith|DM: actually that was 20 feet of stairs you rolled down, take 7 falling damage since you failed the acrobatics check, Gerald.
[OOC] Gerald: not all at once!
[OOC] Gerald: there was landings :E
Aleith|DM: And it was still one turn
Aleith|DM: one move
Gerald: "I'm OKAY by the way!!!"
Phyllis: "Good to know!"
Aleith|DM: Sokana disappears, reappearing at the bottom of the ladders. Then mumbles, "you idiots! What's happening with…" before she staggers again.
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Gerald: "I'll cover you in a sec Ernst!! Keep up the good work!!!"
Ernst smiles at Sokana as he blasts her with a Spike Wire. "Surprise." [Force]
Ernst rolled d20+4 and got 4 ( Total: 8.0 ) for Vs fort
Aleith|DM: Miss!
[OOC] Ernst: Fuck what does that do on miss
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for save
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Phyllis double moves, walking downstairs. "You've got this, Zane."
[OOC] Phyllis: Stairs are difficult terrain or
Aleith|DM: yeah
[OOC] Phyllis: how do i not break zane's legs if i jump down too
[OOC] Garrett: are you sure you don't want to acrobatics down them like gerald
Aleith|DM: need to be trained
[OOC] Phyllis: gerald's legs
[OOC] Garrett: you don't need to be trained to fall down them like he did
Aleith|DM: just no acrobatics roll to try and reduce damage
Aleith|DM: you take 1d10 per 10 feet and fall prone
Phyllis just double moves then gosh!
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Gerald:20 Sokana:19 Ernst:17 Phyllis:15 Garrett:10 Halfling B:8 Chandra:7 Zane:7 Saboteur A:4 Saboteur B:4 Halfling A:3
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Garrett‘ rolled 2#1d20(1) and got 10 ( Total: 10 ) for death save, weakened save
Also rolled 2#1d20(2) and got 2 [Total: 2]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 12
Aleith|DM: No change!
Aleith|DM remembers to uncheck Halfling A
Aleith|DM: Halfling B stabs at Zane again!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 5 ( Total: 11 )
Aleith|DM: Missing!
Aleith|DM: Chandra, Zane?
Ernst calls up to Chandra. "Hop on down let’s get seven of us down here!"
Zane sidesteps, pulls a dagger, and slashes at Nebin! [, Sift, Quick Swap (free) draw dagger, Minor action apply Bloodroot Poison, Poison Dagger)
Zane rolled d20+8 and got 15 ( Total: 23 ) for vs AC
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Zane rolled 1d4+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12.0 ) for dagger damage, +6 Poison damage, Attack Finesse, Dazed (save ends) -4 to first save
Also rolled 1d8 and got 7 [Total: 7 (High), Avg: 7.00]
Total: 19.0, Avg: 4.50
Chandrasekhar goes THUNK right on top of some poor bastard:
Phyllis calls up: "Zane, finish with that one quick."
Aleith|DM: 19 damage! BLoodied!
Zane: "Fine!" [Ap]
Zane just stabs him in the eye with the shortsword and is done with it. [MBA]
Zane rolled d20+8 and got 7 ( Total: 15 )
Aleith|DM: Down he goes!
Chandrasekhar rolled d20-3 and got 16 ( Total: 13 )
Zane: "Done!"
Phyllis: "And get down here!" (( you still have a move left right ))
Aleith|DM: okay so that should be acrobatics but they have the same check and I'm just going to say you're fine, you don't even fall prone! Roll your attack!
Zane: "What about Garrett?"
Chandrasekhar shouts in Elvish, and strikes Sokana. [Valorous Smite]
Chandrasekhar rolled 1d20+8 and got 7 ( Total: 15 ) for vs. AC
Phyllis: "He'll live, and he's got greater chances of it if we finish off the handmaiden."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 5 ( Total: 11 ) for OA from engineer
Aleith|DM: Hit due to CA for Chandra!
Aleith|DM: Miss for engineer :(
Gerald: "I'm on it!!!"
Chandrasekhar rolled 2d8+4 and got 2, 3 ( Total: 9 ) for I think I get a damage boost for some reason but idfk??? also both saboterus are voked to me now get dunked
[OOC] Ernst: That's with my +4 from the eye right?
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Nope so add +4 to that lol
Aleith|DM: Nope okay 13 damage!
Aleith|DM: Sokana is no longer dazed!
Aleith|DM: Saboteur B strikes at Chandra! [Wrench Smash]
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 18 ( Total: 24 )
Aleith|DM rolled d12+3 and got 4 ( Total: 7.0 )
Aleith|DM: 7 damage, and Chandrasekhar is tossed away! [Slide 2]
Aleith|DM: He then shifts behind Ernst.
Ernst: "You're in heavy armor how does that even WORK?"
Aleith|DM: Saboteur A moves to flank Ernst and swings at him!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 20 ( Total: 26 ) for +2 CA, -2 Mark
Aleith|DM: Smashing for 15 damage!!!
Gerald: "If that sound was something heavy getting thrown around, the answer is MOMENTUM, Ernst!!"
VWRRRRSH [7 radiant]
[OOC] Aleith|DM: 7!
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Gerald:20 Sokana:19 Ernst:17 Phyllis:15 Garrett:10 Halfling B:8 Chandra:7 Zane:7 Saboteur A:4 Saboteur B:4 Halfling A:3
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Chandrasekhar: "FACE ME!" He roars - something primal, something blurry-at-the-edges, like rays of the sun.
Gerald‘ stands back up, shifts over to the ladder hole as part of a [Nimble Strike] at the Eladrin! NO NOT THE NICE ONE, THE BAD ONE!
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+8(1) and got 8 ( Total: 16 )
Also rolled 2#d20+8(2) and got 17 [Total: 25]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 41
Gerald` rolled d8+5 and got 3 ( Total: 8 )
d6: 6 [Total: 6]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 14
[OOC] Gerald: 18 total from eye
Aleith|DM: She drops!
Gerald: "Boom! Gotcha covered!"
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Chandrasekhar nods decisively.
Phyllis calls from above the hole to the engine deck: "Brace yourself if you can, Ernst."
Ernst takes a minor action to use Curative Admixure on himself. [+11 HP]
[OOC] Phyllis: Maybe second wind for another surge and some extra defenses? … from what I’m about to do? :D
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: Oh Srasama.
Ernst uses second wind on top of that for 7 more HP.
[OOC] Ernst: EoT
Phyllis steps over the edge, peers over, and sees the remaining engineers right in range for [Sleep].
Phyllis rolled 3#d20+5(1) and got 12 ( Total: 17.0 ) for Ernst then engineers
Also rolled 3#d20+5(2) and got 13 [Total: 18.0 (High), Avg: 13.00]
Also rolled 3#d20+5(3) and got 9 [Total: 14.0 (Low), Avg: 9.00]
Total: 49.0, Avg: 11.33
[OOC] Phyllis: vs Will
Aleith|DM: Hits all around!
[OOC] Phyllis: Orb of Imposition] on Ostman.
Aleith|DM: Slowed (SE), unconcious if failed save?
Aleith|DM: Garrett!
Phyllis finishes by conjuring a [AP->Phantasmal Assault] on Jenner!
Garrett‘ rolled 2#1d20(1) and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for death save, weakened save
Also rolled 2#1d20(2) and got 5 [Total: 5]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 19
Phyllis rolled d20+5 and got 2 ( Total: 7.0 ) for vs Will
Aleith|DM: No change, miss!
Aleith|DM: Chandra, Zane?
Zane is patching up his good buddy.
[OOC] Phyllis: Slowed (Save ends), and Unconscious (Save Ends) on first failed savings throw, yes. And Ostman takes a -2 to the first save.
Aleith|DM: Heal check, Zane?
[OOC] Garrett: if you’re not trained in heal you're just as likely to put poison on your bandages >:|
Zane rolled d20+0 and got 20 ( Total: 20 ) for DC 15
[OOC] Zane: I AM A SIMPLE COUNTRY DOCTOR MOTHERFUCKERS
Aleith|DM: Stabilized him!
Zane: "Alright that's better."
Zane sprints toward the stairs.
Chandrasekhar moves in on Ostman and hits him with a [Virtuous Strike].
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+8 and got 19 ( Total: 27 ) for vs. AC
Chandrasekhar rolled d8+8 and got 4 ( Total: 12 ) for +4 from eye of doom
Aleith|DM: Bloodied!
Chandrasekhar then slaps Divine Challenge on Ostman to keep it active since Sanction will wear off.
Aleith|DM: Ostman strikes at Chandra in retaliation!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 3 ( Total: 9 )
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM rolled d20-2 and got 2 ( Total: 0 ) for save
Aleith|DM: ….
[OOC] Phyllis: Unconscious (Save Ends)] :D
Aleith|DM: He falls asleep!
Aleith|DM: Jenner strikes at Ernst!
Phyllis: "My apologies if you start to feel drowsy, Ernst."
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 10 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM: barely missing!
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Gerald:20 Sokana:19 Ernst:17 Phyllis:15 Garrett:10 Halfling B:8 Chandra:7 Zane:7 Saboteur A:4 Saboteur B:4 Halfling A:3
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Ernst: "Honestly, I think that's the getting bashed in the head with a wrench a few times, Phyllis."
Gerald‘ [Reload]s one of his two guns, designateds B as his [Quarry], then shifts over a bit more as part of his [Nimble Strike] against … A I guess??
Gerald` rolled 2#d20+8(1) and got 18 ( Total: 26.0 )
Also rolled 2#d20+8(2) and got 5 [Total: 13.0 (Low), Avg: 5.00]
Total: 39.0, Avg: 11.50
Gerald` rolled 2d8+8 and got 6, 2 ( Total: 16 )
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for save
Aleith|DM: Hit!
Aleith|DM: wait double hit right
Aleith|DM: 16! Bloodied!
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Gerald: "All yours!"
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Gerald:20 Ernst:17 Phyllis:15 Garrett:10 Chandra:7 Zane:7 Saboteur A:4 Saboteur B:4
Ernst rolled d20+0 and got 17 ( Total: 17 )
Aleith|DM: well, you won’t be slowed after your turn
Ernst blasts Jenner with an Ethereal Chill. On top of that anyone who attacks Ernst until next turn takes 2 damage!
Ernst rolled d20+4 and got 5 ( Total: 9.0 )
[OOC] Ernst: Or not.
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis!
Phyllis conjures an image of Ernst's robot to zap at Jenner, throwing her off her game. [Phantasmal Assault]
Phyllis rolled d20+5 and got 1 ( Total: 6.0 ) for vs will!
Aleith|DM: Miss! And he's a guy.
Aleith|DM: Garrett is stable.
Aleith|DM: Chandra? Zane?
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for weaknened bitch
Gerald: "You can do it, Chan!"
Phyllis: "Finish the sleeping one off?"
Gerald` gives Phyllis a briefly bewildered look.
Gerald: "I thought we were taking them alive??"
Zane shifts onto the ladder, drops ten feet to the engine… [acrobatics check DC 15]
Zane rolled d20+9 and got 8 ( Total: 17 )
Chandrasekhar moves in and finishes this - [Virtuous Strike] vs. Jenner!
Phyllis: "You know what I mean. The enchantment won’t keep them under for long, just knock them out properly."
Zane: … and lands on top of the engine, Moving to join his friends.
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+8 and got 1 ( Total: 9 )
Gerald: "Oh."
Aleith|DM rolled d10-8 and got 3 ( Total: -5.0 )
Ernst: "Did we want to keep one of them alive for interrogation?"
Aleith|DM: Zane lands on his feet fine
[OOC] Aleith|DM: oh right Hop Down is a thing
[OOC] Ernst: Wait nm we don't kill
Zane: "Probably. … I didn't."
[OOC] Gerald: /me stops typing more bewildered response
Chandrasekhar: "We bring them all in. Justice will be served."
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: I assume I missed
Aleith|DM: you missed
Phyllis: "What Chandra said."
Chandrasekhar [Divine Challenge] -> Jenner, anyways.
Aleith|DM rolled d20+0 and got 16 ( Total: 16 ) for save for Saboteur A
Aleith|DM: He wakes up! at the end of his turn though…
Aleith|DM: Jenner gives a fearful shout and swings at Chandra!
Aleith|DM rolled d20+6 and got 17 ( Total: 23 )
Aleith|DM rolled d12+3 and got 9 ( Total: 12.0 )
Aleith|DM: 12 damage and pushes him away!
Ernst: "I was kind of hoping they'd swing at me again and get blasted to the ground."
Aleith|DM: Battle order: Gerald:20 Ernst:17 Phyllis:15 Garrett:10 Chandra:7 Zane:7 Saboteur A:4 Saboteur B:4
Aleith|DM: Gerald?
Gerald‘ [Reload]s, [Nimble Strike]s Ostman! That’s +2 to hit a prone target, right?
Aleith|DM: Not for ranged!
Aleith|DM: -2 for ranged!
Gerald: oh my god you're the worst!!!
Dicebot: Modifier Error: Unable to parse -6 in 2#d20-6
Gerald‘ rolled 2#d20+6(1) and got 12 ( Total: 18 )
Also rolled 2#d20+6(2) and got 18 [Total: 24]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 42
Aleith|DM: Hits!
Gerald` rolled 2d8+5 and got 8, 2 ( Total: 15 )
d6+4: 5 [Total: 9]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 24
Aleith|DM: He’s down!
Gerald: "Okay I got him Phyllis!!!"
Aleith|DM: Ernst?
Ernst smiles at Jenner. "Better luck next time." His robot blasts him in the back with a Static Shock.
Ernst rolled d20+4 and got 2 ( Total: 6.0 ) for vs reflex
[OOC] Ernst: God damnit
Aleith|DM: Miss!
Aleith|DM: Phyllis?
Ernst rubs his forehead. "I need to get that adjusted."
Gerald‘ coughs into his hand, awkwardly, giving Ernst a sympathetic look from above.
Gerald: "It was um. A nice line though!"
Ernst: "I’m more mad about the wire honestly."
Phyllis doubles the image of the robot swinging again. [Phantasmal Assault]
Phyllis rolled 1d100 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for d20+5 vs Will
Aleith|DM: That's a 2
Aleith|DM: for 7
[OOC] Phyllis: w/e that's a 2 so nope
Aleith|DM: Garrett…
Aleith|DM: Chandra, Zane!
Garrett‘ rolled 1d20 and got 5 ( Total: 5 ) for sorry it’s a habit now
Zane: "Oh for gods sake." And he smacks jenner behind the ear with the pommel of his shortsword. [MBA]
Chandrasekhar clonks with the flat of his blade. [Enfeebling Strike just in case the MOTHERFUCKER gets another turn]
Zane rolled d20+8 and got 3 ( Total: 11 )
Chandrasekhar rolled d20+8 and got 2 ( Total: 10 )
Gerald‘ is uh.
Gerald` is VERY LOUDLY
Gerald` not laughing.
Gerald: "Don’t worry guys, you got this!!!"
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: JESUS ALEITH
Aleith|DM: The saboteur looks left, looks right, looks ahead. And drops the wrench.
Gerald: "See!"
Aleith|DM: He raises his hands slowly and surrenders.
Gerald: "He's not resisting arrest anymore!"
Gerald: "Good job, team!"
Aleith|DM: <span style="color: #008000;">(</span>Good job!<span style="color: #ff0000;">)</span>
Gerald: "Wait, where's Garrett?"
Phyllis: "Upstairs, near the bedroom."
Phyllis goes to check on him, speaking of.
Zane: "No longer bleeding to death, by the way."
Ernst pushes past the others not even waiting to gloat. He heads up the ladder and uses his other encounter free heal on him.
Gerald‘ reloads his guns, woowee, that was exciting.
[OOC] Ernst: Healign Surge Value +4, it doesn’t use your surge I preload
Zane looks out the window for the goddamn Duchess.
Aleith|DM: She's long gone
Aleith|DM: Along with that shadow.
Chandrasekhar binds the saboteur, his unconscious friend, and binds the Eladrin with gold. Businesslike.
Aleith|DM: And it was a big shadow.
Zane: "Fuckin' //royalty//."
Chandrasekhar: "…so. Difficult to get along with."
Garrett‘ rouses, but doesn’t open his eyes.
Garrett: "…y'all get them?"
Aleith|DM: And….the anthem is still going strong. Probably for another couple of minutes.
Aleith|DM: Judging by the current verse.
Gerald: "What happened anyway?"
Zane slaps some cuffs on Ilton. "Cutting her throat. Sorry, Chandra. She crossed the line."
Phyllis: The engineer will live, at least if they don't suffer any more wounds. [Eschatologist]
Ernst looks over him and nods. "Should have seen me. Had the fey bitch and two engineers attacking me all at once."
Garrett‘ grins. "Good on ya’."
Garrett: "Party still going on?"
Ernst offers Garrett a hand to get up. "That said you should rest. Nah, they're detained."
Chandrasekhar: "The Duchess? I imagine you'll be able to get a warrant for that." He seems sad.
Garrett‘ takes the hand and rolls to a sit, then a stand.
Gerald: "The Duchess?"
Chandrasekhar: "You know, everyone assumed the king would name her his heir. Why would she…"
Garrett: "I got just the place for a rest." He hobbles over to the locked bedroom door and gives it a sharp jab with his dagger.
[OOC] Garrett: like on the lock not just… stabbing the door
Zane: "Yeah, she was behind this."
Gerald: "Oh."
Gerald: "I should probably go let Deltl know, huh?"
[OOC] Aleith|DM: *Delft
Phyllis takes a second to exhale and recompose herself, then heads upstairs. "I’ll join you on that, Gerald."
Gerald‘ slings his guns over his shoulders and goes running up the stairs!
[OOC] Garrett: he totally said Deltl
Zane: "Politely inform him there was a situation and ask him to join us."
Chandrasekhar takes a good long stare at the Eladrin, surprised that it’s not someone he knows, shaking his head. Why is she even here?
Phyllis: "Keep the perpetrator alive, Zane."
Ernst lets out a deep sigh before rubbing his head. Those wrenches hurt. He sits down on the stairs. The others can deal with the interrogation.
[OOC] Chandrasekhar: I'm assuming Zane was talking about cutting the Duchess' throat
[OOC] Phyllis: oh
[OOC] Garrett: sometimes you gotta ask.
[OOC] Phyllis: works either way
Zane: he totally was yeah
Chandrasekhar: "…are you all right, Ernst? You held out against the saboteurs by yourself, that was… impressive."
Ernst grins at Chandrasekhar. "I'd be giving my family a bad name if two engineers and some fey could take me down."
Aleith|DM: Garrett: The room is empty, window's open. Bed's ruffled. "
Garrett‘ sniffs and takes a flop onto the bed.
Chandrasekhar grins back, can’t help it. Okay, the rookies can stay.
Ernst blinks before shaking his head. "Not that I don't want to chat, but I just remembered I left that useless engineer downstairs." He goes down and tries to stabilize them.
Ernst rolled d20+7 and got 17 ( Total: 24.0 ) for Heal check
Aleith|DM: He'll be good, though he's going to have a killer headache.
Aleith|DM: Gerald comes back with not only the assistant chief inspector, but Minister Lee as well….

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License