Toe 30

[F2032] Morning comes the same as it ever does. Lights slowly growing brighter, Wrench grumbling about something or other, Shuu starving off into the distance, and Yin and Harino wairing for Sohl to prepare breakfast. Once that's done with, though, it's not too long before you reach the stairs up, and make your way through them.
Wrench flicks her tail as she ascends the stairs. She sniffs the air a little.
Wrench: "Anyone feel something big moving, or is it just me?"
[F2033] Another fairly plain looking low grass lands type of floor. You can sense something strange coming from the north east though, which is the direction you were investigating the day before.
Sohl: "Hmmmmmm?" He perks up an ear (but you can't tell, it's under a swirling black mass and a hat).
Sohl: "Now that y' mention it…"
Sohl: "It's definitely… somethin' weird."
PseudoGM: It's more of a feeling, deep in your bones… but somethings definitely off.
Yin pauses, feeling for a rumble "Sort of? I think the air feels heavy"
Sohl grips the straps of his pack, pulling it a bit onto him, a defensive posture.
Harino frowns, her ears lying flat atop her head, tail raised up in irritation. "…Yeah."
Wrench rocks back and forth as she climbs the stairs. "Well, I'll protect you. I mean, at least the cute girls."
Wrench: "And Sohl, who heals me."
Wrench: "And Shuu, who's my excuse to-"
Wrench shrugs.
PseudoGM: (Shuu almost definitely gives Wrench a suspicious look at that, but is too afraid to ask if I know Julian as well as I think I do…)
Sohl gives Wrench a suspicious look at that! But then nods.
PseudoGM: The floor is surprisingly free of the normal fauna that tends to roam about it, as you make your way north east. Particularly unsettingly, once you realize what it was, is the lack of birds making any sort of noise.
Wrench twitches her whiskers and hunches a little lower, nosing forward through the brush. "Well."
Wrench: "We'll find out."
Sohl runs a hand through his beard. "Awful quiet. But I suppose I should count blessings, as at least it's less likely we'll get ambushed…?"
Harino: "…Don't jinx us, please."
PseudoGM: And then, eventually, you come to a wide open clearing. Well, mostly clear. … Clear in some sense of the word, and not others? What I'm getting at is: That sure is a big ass hold spilling into the void, just kind of sitting there,
Yin: "Feels like something has chased everyone off." Yin looks off towards the far wall, "Don't people at least have to travel through here to get supplies between floors?"
Wrench: "The hell."
Sohl: "Depends on the 'people.'"
[OOC] PseudoGM: hole^
Yin picks up a rock and makes move to throw it into the void
PseudoGM: Goes through…. seems to hit… ground, or something, then rolls further inside of it. … Looks like it goes back quite a ways.
Sohl: "Yeah, if the unsettlin' -feeling- wasn't enough, it also looks really creepy too."
Sohl: "Was somethin' once here and then disappeared or… what?"
PseudoGM: Hard to tell… might have a better idea if you got closer.
Yin squares her shouldres and marches up to the tear in space, only hesitating a little.
Yin: "Uh… actually anyone have rope? In case I can't get out myself"
Wrench gives Yin an "are you kidding me" look.
Wrench: "Oh, yeah. I do."
Wrench tosses Yin the head of her grappling hook.
Yin wraps it around her waist and secures it to her belt before giving everyone a thumbs up "Unless anyone has a better idea… Anyone?" She is obviously stalling.
Sohl: "Good luuuuuuuuuuck!" He calls. "It's from a dwarf, so you know that'll actually influence your luck!"
PseudoGM: You put a foot inside the hole and - place it down. There's a floor! It's not the most solid thing, kind of squishy like loose sand, but it supports your weight. Step, step, step.
PseudoGM: Yin heads further inside the tunnel, eventually disappearing from sight of the party.
Yin: "Ok. Here goes!" Yin steps fully into the void
PseudoGM: Inside: It's hard to see. The light bends and distorts in weird ways around you, but you can probably conjure a small flame with your latent sorcery skills to give yourself some light.
Sohl mutters a short prayer.
Yin: You all hear Yin give a loud yell and the rope suddenly loses all it's slack in Wrench's hands
Sohl: "Welp,"
Sohl: "Rest in peace." He tips the front of his hat down.
Wrench dives in after. (Holding the other end.)
Sohl: "…naw just kiddin'!" He charges in!
PseudoGM: You charge in for a few yards…
Yin is tryinbg to control her giggles as everyone rushes into the shadowy room
Yin: "Sorry, I couldn't help myself."
PseudoGM: …Doesn't look like there's anything around except for Yin.
Sohl looks around, and-
Sohl: "Aw, ahahahahah."
Harino shakes her head, having also followed. "…Not funny."
Sohl: "Dang we just got pranked, ahahahah!"
Yin makes sad eyes at Harino "Not even a little?" She leans on the invisble wall that she found and is standing next to. "Too bad. I'll have to try harder next time."
Wrench strolls up to Yin and thwacks her on the backside.
Wrench: "Y'little punk."
PseudoGM: There DOES in fact appear to be an invisible wall of some kind there, you're not getting prank comboed at least.
Sohl: "Honestly though, everythin' okay? Even though… not bein' able to see much a'int exactly 'okay'…"
PseudoGM: …Sohl recognizes it as a seal for keeping the void out. Well, kind of. It's always all backwards, and seem to be… keeping mortals for going past it, rather than creatures of the void?
PseudoGM: (So it seems like they could still easily slip past it and enter the tower… but it's preventing you from going further into the tunnel…)
Sohl runs a hand along the 'wall', pushes against it slightly.
Sohl: "Oh hey, we're bein' warded against."
Sohl: "We can probably break it down…" [Mysticism]
Yin rubs the spot Wrench whacked before sticking her tongue out in her direction.
PseudoGM: …Huh, that's unexpectedly strong. Roll it.
Sohl rolled 4d6 and got 6, 2, 3, 6 ( Total: 17 )
PseudoGM: …But you're a trained exorcist, and it crumbles to dust with a few moments of you exerting your power upon it.
Sohl: "What a horrifyin' thought to the people behind this."
Sohl: "…well, people, gremlins, voidbeasts, abyssmaids, what have you."
Sohl: "That we just sorta busted in the door!"
Harino: "So, time to ruin their day?"
PseudoGM: The tunnel extends a little further past this point, then seems to intersect with another one - you've got pathways leading both east and west. And you can hear odd sounds coming from both directions.
PseudoGM: …But we'll get back to that next week!

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License