Toe 29

[F2031] The best rest always comes after a long night at an Inn you didn't have to pay for, doesn't it? And two nights in a row, at that! … It's unlikely that'll happen again for a while. At any case. Harino found a listing for a job to check up on some machines two floors up who've been sending back weird corrupted data, since you're heading up anyway. The stairs to the next floor up are a bit further away than they usually are.
Harino: "Wonder if you two will be able to fix them, or if they'll just end up scrap after trying to kill us yet again."
Sohl: "Is it me-" he muses, between bites of something called a 'quesadilla' "-or are machines seeming to be messing up more and more?"
Wrench forms up with the rest of the party at the edge of town. She'll probably do some scouting in a moment.
Wrench: "I mean,"
Shuu can be found appreciating a mug of hot cocoa in the morning, he seems to have woken up earlier than anyone else. "Machiens are in fact messing up more and more"
Wrench: "They're more useful to me as scrap."
Shuu: "It really depends on the machine, for what's worth. If it's some more haywire maitenance bots…"
Harino giggles softly, her tail swishing back and forth. "That's true, isn't it?"
PseudoGM: Hmm… I wonder! Well in any event, you makes it to the stairs and [F2032] before too long. The dot matrix is flickering a bit erratically when you get there.
Yin tosses the core of the apple she finished into a composter bin and hops up lightly, "Well good thing there's a maintenance crew right on this floor."
PseudoGM: On the other side of the doors, it's a bit more… yellow than normal. It's been a while since you've seen a savannah floor, hasn't it? Warmer than the last couple of floors you've been on, too
Wrench shakes her fur out a little with a flick of her tail and a wag of her shoulders. She snorts.
Wrench: "Least it's dry."
Shuu takes a deep breath as he crosses his arms "Being thankful for small miracles"
Sohl tips the brim of his hat down. "Stay cool, everyone!"
PseudoGM: Before too long though, you see a group of robots approaching you. One's a bit more heavier looking than the others. And they stop about a hundred yards out from the party and silently look in their direction.
Sohl: "Hello, friendly robots!" he says, hopefully.
PseudoGM: The center one turns to the right, then the left, before all of their eyes light up red. "HOSTILE DETECTED. COMBAT UNIT ENGAGING IMMEDIATELY."
Sohl: "Aw, dang." He slumps a bit. "Update: there's weird, corrupted robots on this floor too."
PseudoGM: …One of these days that won't happen. You're sure of it.
Shuu: "That's… Unusual behaviour, though"
[Round 1]
Shuu: "Notice the hesitation?"
PseudoGM: Shuu!
[OOC] Shuu: Oh, no
[OOC] Shuu: SHIT
[OOC] Shuu: I forgot my init
[OOC] Shuu: Goddammit
Sohl: "I suppose they didn't try to shake us down first, which is… an improvement?"
PseudoGM: That's ok you can still be first today
Harino: "I wonder why exactly we pinged as Hostiles? You know, other than us all being heavily armed?"
Wrench: "Well, I'm pretty hostile." She draws her gun.
Shuu considers for a moment- He disappears, reappearing just above Artillery A, right first glowing a bright black "No hiding" he slams it on the Artillery, bouncing it off the floor to the front row [Graviton Fist]
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 40 ( Total: 40 ) for 90/50
Shuu rolled 3d6+16 and got 6, 5, 5 ( Total: 32 )
Shuu slams it down for [32] damage and sends it to the front row
PseudoGM: It flails at it's sent forward, before it rights itself. "PREPARE TO INIATE PROTOCALL: MEAT TENDERIZATION"
PseudoGM: The largest of the robots moves forward, slamming into Shuu. [Front And Center]
PseudoGM: Wait
PseudoGM: not shuu that would be stupid as hell.
PseudoGM: I mean Harino.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 ) for 80, S4
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 5 ( Total: 17 )
PseudoGM: Hitting her for 17 physical and inflicting Short Challenge II!
PseudoGM: Atrillery A finished righting itself, then begins [Heavy Shelling - Pin Combo]ing the front row.
PseudoGM rolled 3d100 and got 61, 9, 43 ( Total: 113 ) for 80, S4
Harino partly blocks it! [-10]
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 7 ( Total: 19 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 19 physical to Shuu, Harino and Sohl, and Short Shocking them all!
PseudoGM: Yin?
Harino …and uses her last block on that. [-5] for herself.
Yin: "Time to rock!" [OVERDRIVE!] With the energy borrowed from Shuu, Yin is once again wrapped in the inky darkness that makes up the shape of her War Body: this iteration appearing familiar-small, bouncy, and shining eyes peeking out from the dark, wispy, dwarvish face! With a burst of brightly colored sparks and an excited giggling, Yin takes a shot at the Assault unit currently shelling her
Yin: front line.
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for Interrogate vs Assult A (80/5)
PseudoGM: Hits! It's…. Weak to Air, unsurprisingly!
Sohl: "Wow! What a cuter, smaller form!"
Shuu: "I agree I feel like hugging you like that"
Yin rolled 1d8+14 and got 5 ( Total: 19.0 ) for Yin mines drawing a blade before tossing the sparking elemetal saber toward Harino!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 19]!
[OOC] Yin: K power II added
PseudoGM: Sohl!
[OOC] Yin: +2 from the charm before I forget that too!
Sohl rolled 2d4 and got 3, 4 ( Total: 7 ) for f w e a
[OOC] PseudoGM: 21] then!
Sohl generates a Water mote [Passive - Filter] before sucking up the residual Air magic in the- well, air, to create a healing [Breeze] for himself and Shuu! [C-Air]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 85 ( Total: 85 ) for 25
[OOC] Sohl: even at short shock that hits
Sohl rolled 1d8+17 and got 6 ( Total: 23 ) for HP healing to both, generates an Air Mote
Sohl then uses the created Air motes and the Water mote to create two thunderclouds that zap Assault A and Artillery A! [Q, Storm Rod]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 ) for 25
Sohl bursts that. [-1 LP]
PseudoGM: The Assault is Weak! The Artillery Resists!
Sohl rolled 1d8+17 and got 1 ( Total: 18 ) for you can +/-5 at your leisure
Sohl winks at the camera! [Turning Wheel] [Got That LP Back]
[OOC] PseudoGM: 23][13]!
PseudoGM: Artillery C fires a shell into Shuu! [Shoot - Rush Combo]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 ) for 80, S4
PseudoGM: But only barely scratches him for 4 physical!
Shuu swiftly draws his axe and blocks the shell with it [1] "I see we're finally reaching these levels. Fine."
PseudoGM: Assault B then moves in, attemting to give Shuu an [Uppercut - Rush Combo]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 ) for 80, S4
PseudoGM rolled d8+16 and got 5 ( Total: 21 )
PseudoGM: Hitting for for 21 physical, and Pushing him into the back row!
PseudoGM: Harino?
Shuu blocks the blow with his right arm but is still sent flying backwards "So that's what it feels like, okay"
Harino smirks and lashes out at the Protector, in a snap! [Precision Strike, C-Launch+5]
Harino rolled 1d100+15 and got 68 ( Total: 83.0 ) for 100/10
PseudoGM: Hits!
Harino rolled 1d10+14 and got 10 ( Total: 24.0 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 21]! Looks like it's actually armored.
PseudoGM: Wrench?
[OOC] Harino: Wait that's +5 more since I forgot the +5 of the Momentum itself…
[OOC] PseudoGM: 26]!
Wrench cracks her shoulder, levels her gun, and [Q - Trick Shot] fires a fan of [Magnetic Stakes] at the Protector, Artillery B, and Assault A!
Wrench rolled 3d100 and got 63, 80, 36 ( Total: 179 ) for 50/10 Protector Artiller B Assault A
[OOC] Wrench: -5 LP, 3 hits
Wrench flips up into the air as the magnetic discharge crackles. [C-Air!]
Wrench rolled 1d6+20 and got 5 ( Total: 25.0 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 22][25][25]!
Wrench: Striking all three targets for 25 physical damage and Slow 1! Wrench quickens 3!
Harino also True Strikes the Protector for another 5 air?
[OOC] PseudoGM: 10]!
PseudoGM: The final assult runs up and gives Harino an [Uppercut - Pin Combo]!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 ) for 80, S5
PseudoGM rolled d8+16 and got 4 ( Total: 20 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 20 physical and inflicting Long Exhaust!
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round one!
PseudoGM: Save your favorite momentum and end the others, Yin!
[Round 2]
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Shuu: "Alright, let's try this new upgrade out" he drops his axe and spreads open his arms "Go, Oro Funnels!" something shoots out of his back- Five funnel-like objects fly off and start floating above him [OD - Oro Funnels] [https://youtu.be/SdqvZPiKYik]
Shuu grins, raising up his left hand as the golden inlays glow and space distorts around him, and he lowers his arm pointing at Assault A, firing a beam of golden energy that strikes through the Assault, and arcs back through Artillery A for [8] damage and then to his hand where he catches it [Tactical Driver] [Void Batteries] [Q - Crashing Exit]
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 86 ( Total: 86 ) for 100/25
Shuu rolled 1d8+12 and got 5 ( Total: 17 )
Shuu strikes the Assault for [17] Water damage
[OOC] PseudoGM: 8][17]!
PseudoGM: Atrillery A fires off another salvo of [Heavy Shelling], this time into the back row
PseudoGM rolled 3d100 and got 40, 26, 70 ( Total: 136 ) for 80, S4
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 16 physical to Wrench, Shuu and Yin!
PseudoGM: While the Protector continues to be [Front And Center] in Harino's face.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 18 ( Total: 18 ) for 80 S4
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 16 physical and reapplying Short Challenge II.
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for Keep it Up vs Assault Mk. VII A (80/5)
PseudoGM: Crits!
Yin rolled 2d8+12 and got 8, 7 ( Total: 27.0 ) for Another shower of bizarrely colored sparks and a loud bang hits the same assault target. Afterward Yin turns with a solemn nod to Harino before dissolving into giggles and bouncing up to give her a morale boosting hi-five ((C:Air- cleanse all negative statuses from an ally))
PseudoGM: The slug tears through the center of the robot! [KO]!
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for f w e a
Sohl combines the two Earth motes he has and channels them into the ground, sending a spike of energy that juts up in front of Artillery A! [Q, Earth]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 26 ( Total: 26 ) for 25
PseudoGM: Neutral!
Sohl rolled 1d8+10 and got 6 ( Total: 16 ) for earth damage
[OOC] PseudoGM: 16]!
Sohl then follows up with an axe strike on Artillery A! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 51 ( Total: 51 ) for 80
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 5 ( Total: 17 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 17]!
PseudoGM: Wrench?
Wrench kicks out the tripod for her gun and guns down the field, spraying hot lead across all targets! [OD - Desperado]
Wrench rolled 4d100 and got 2, 26, 91, 1 ( Total: 120 ) for 80/10 Protector AssaultA B ArtilleryB
PseudoGM: Hundred Strikes Again
[OOC] Wrench: errr… um, wait, I miscounted. Anyway I crit the protector and Artillery B but miss Artillery A without spending LP, probably?
[OOC] Wrench: -2 LP tho, obvs.
PseudoGM: Yes.
Wrench: N…normal crit damage is +4 +1d right
PseudoGM: yes.
Wrench rolled 1d6+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18.0 )
Also rolled 2d6+16 and got 2, 1 [Total: 19.0 (Low), Avg: 1.50]
Total: 37.0, Avg: 3.00
[OOC] PseudoGM: 19][18][18][19]!
Wrench kicks out a Clip Explosion [5]! and defends and reloads!
PseudoGM: by which I mean [16] for that first one, then a follow up of [2][5][5]!
PseudoGM: Sohl?
[OOC] Sohl: already went
PseudoGM: oh right
PseudoGM: quicken
PseudoGM: And slowing targets…
PseudoGM: Harino!
Shuu: "They're not as resilient as I thought"
Shuu: "Well, it was a good startup test anyway"
Harino considers for a moment, examining the Assault's systems [Overdrive Read] before slamming her katana into the Protector! [Strike Down, C-Water]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 ) for 80/20
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12.0 ) for -5 Drive
PseudoGM: When the assault ODs… it'll punch two people!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 9] and Suppressed A Lot!
PseudoGM: Atrillery B takes a [Shot - Rush Combo] at Shuu!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 47 ( Total: 47 ) for 80, S4
PseudoGM rolled d8+15 and got 1 ( Total: 16 )
PseudoGM: Nailing him for 16 physical and Slow 3!
PseudoGM: Assault B then moves in to [Uppercut - Pin Combo] Sohl!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 ) for 80, S5
One of the funnels quick moves to intercept the shot- Though the impact still sends the drone flying against Shuu it's enough to prevent a direct hit "Ack- And here I was enjoying the high"
PseudoGM rolled d8+16 and got 3 ( Total: 19 )
PseudoGM: Punching him for 19 physical and Long Exhaust!
PseudoGM: …And that's the end of round two! Yin, do your thing with the momentum.
Sohl: "Whoof!! I'm not lookin' to take another nap, you metalheads!"
[Round 3]
PseudoGM: Yin, you're up first too!
Yin: Yin activates her Mystic's Beads: Generating a small mote of water that floats in the air around her!
Yin: She then sends that away before creating a globe of congeled Fire between her harnds and lobbing it at the artillery in the back row
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 ) for Molotov Cocktail vs Artilery B
PseudoGM: Good thing you don't really need to aim too much with a molotov, huh?
PseudoGM: …Hits the weakness too!
Yin rolled 1d6+6 and got 3 ( Total: 9.0 ) for (Combo earth to light a nice patch of grass on fire for the enemy line to stand in)
[OOC] PseudoGM: 14]!
[OOC] Sohl: plus another +3 due to maverick momentum gen bonus
[OOC] Shuu: No that's a Liberation-fed combo
[OOC] Shuu: I don't think Maverick bonus applies if you don't eat an actual momentum
[OOC] Sohl: Anytime the Maverick generates Momentum, it's +3 better than listed. > mystic beads
[OOC] Shuu: Nope the Mystic Beads is Fire for me
[OOC] Shuu: Or, wait, water
[OOC] Sohl: whoops mb
[OOC] Sohl: I misread!
[OOC] Sohl: continue :>
[OOC] Shuu: In wihch I can't remember my own combos but ye
PseudoGM: Haha
[OOC] Yin: Corrected it
[OOC] Yin: I made fire with the Moltov as well, so all good
PseudoGM: The PROTECTOR continues to be [Front And Center] for Harino!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 ) for 80, S4
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 5 ( Total: 17 )
PseudoGM: Hitting her for 17 physical and Short Challenge II!
PseudoGM: Shuu?
[OOC] Harino: -1 LP to dodge
PseudoGM: Scratched for 4 then :(
[OOC] Sohl: LP DODGES SHOULD IGNORE SCRATCH DAMAGE
Shuu nods, and points at Harino. One of his funnels stops just above her right shoulder, making an holographic marker on enemy weak spots for her, granting Short Lucky
[OOC] Harino: Is Scratch reduced by Armor? Well that'd be reduced from greatsword anyway…
PseudoGM: yes
PseudoGM: They're just follow up true strikes now
Shuu then lightly taps the water mote towards the enemy "Funnels, that one" he points at the Assault, the remaining drones fire through the water- The beams of light scatter into a refracted shower of energy, as they take turns firing through the mote at the Assault he then takes a step back and vanishes. The funnels keep attacking as Shuu reappears above the Assault "Let's go!" they
Shuu stop firing the moment Shuu impacts [Warp Strike] [C-Water+3]
Shuu rolled 1d100-15 and got 60 ( Total: 45.0 ) for 90/50
Shuu rolled 3d8+38 and got 7, 3, 1 ( Total: 49 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 49]!!
Shuu delivers a decisive [49] damage, bouncing back to the front row
PseudoGM: It staggers back from the blow, large chucks of its outer armor having been blown apart.
PseudoGM: Wrench?
Wrench fires a [Roaring Carbine] shot at the Protector! …It's a little deafening.
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 ) for 80/10
[OOC] Wrench: C-Launch+5!
PseudoGM: Hits!
Wrench rolled 1d6+24 and got 2 ( Total: 26.0 )
Wrench: Inflicting 26 physical damage and Short K-Shatter II!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 23], K-Shatter II!
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for f w e a
Wrench: …And Slow 1.
Sohl eats that newly-generated Earth mote [Pure Mana] and attacks the Protector! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 74 ( Total: 74 ) for 80
Sohl rolled 1d6+18 and got 6 ( Total: 24 ) for included k-shatter II
[OOC] PseudoGM: 21]!
PseudoGM: Harino!!
Harino sheathes her katana as she takes a stance [Full Attack], before rushing forward and slashing through both the Protector and the remaining Artillery bots! [Dashthrough, C-Launch]
Harino rolled 2#1d100-15(1) and got 59 ( Total: 44.0 ) for 80/20 for the first, 80/10 for the second
Also rolled 2#1d100-15(2) and got 1 [Total: -14.0 (Min), Avg: 1.00]
Total: 30.0, Avg: 30.00
PseudoGM: Hit, Crit!
Harino rolled 2d10+14 and got 4, 10 ( Total: 28.0 ) for First is damage to Protector, second is extra damage to the Artillery from the crit, so take the total for that one! Both positions are swapped!
Also rolled 1d10+4 and got 4 [Total: 8.0 (Low), Avg: 4.00]
Total: 36.0, Avg: 6.00
[OOC] Shuu: 28/32
[OOC] PseudoGM: 31][36]!
PseudoGM: The Protector's sliced in half, and falls to either side of Harino! [KO]
Harino grins as that annoyance is gone before hopping back into position with her friends.
PseudoGM: Artillery B lets off a salvo of [Heavy Shell]ing into the front row!
PseudoGM rolled 3d100 and got 71, 67, 19 ( Total: 157 )
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 7 ( Total: 19 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 19 physical to Shuu, Harino and Sohl!
PseudoGM: …And then the flames consume it. [KO]
PseudoGM: Assault B lets off an [Uppercut - Rush Combo] on Harino!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 38 ( Total: 38 ) for 80, S5
PseudoGM rolled d8+16 and got 1 ( Total: 17 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 17 physical and Pushing her into the back row.
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round three!
PseudoGM: Yin, pick you're favorite momentum, then…
[Round 4]
PseudoGM: You're up first!
Yin: Seeing the state of the remaining bot, Yin stops to reload her weapons, before abruptly coming to a stop, walking up to the Assault unit, and pointing a finger gun in its face [Q: Hold up!]
PseudoGM: "?!"
Yin: She holds out a hand expactantly.
PseudoGM: It whirrs in confusion for a few seconds, then its eyes glow bright red, inviting destruction. [K-SHATTER II]
Sohl: "Ahahahah! Ahaha! That's great!"
Wrench: "It picked the hard way!"
Sohl: "We're totally the toll takers now.
Yin lets the hammer of the finger gun fall then gets back into line
[OOC] Yin: [Defind: reload] and that's me
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Shuu looks at the remaining robot "The hard way it is" he hefts up his axe and rbings it down on it! [Attack]
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 ) for 90/20
Shuu rolled 1d8+16 and got 8 ( Total: 24 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 24]!
PseudoGM: Wrench??
Wrench shoots it! [Attack]
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 ) for 80/10
Wrench misses!
PseudoGM: It crackles!!
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl: "I can do this now or later, it's all good!" He sharply whistles, and motes of all kinds rise up from the dry savannah! They rain over the party not unlike a spring shower! [OD - Elemental Circle] [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aYso7j8wsw] [Sorcerer's Wand - +1 Die]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 ) for 25
Sohl rolled 2d6+10 and got 3, 5 ( Total: 18 ) for HP restored to everyone
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for f w e a
Sohl cleanses his Exhaust with a burst of healing energy [Q, Direct Heal E-Fire] [+8 HP] and then attacks! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 74 ( Total: 74 ) for 80
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 5 ( Total: 17 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 23]!
PseudoGM: And down it goes! [KO]
[OOC] PseudoGM: +30 EXP
Wrench scurries over to the scrap and starts rooting through it, ripping it to pieces. She replaces a few of her gun's parts, at least.
Shuu sighs, the funnels gather behind him again returning to his back as he sheathes his axe "Well, that was quite exhilirating"
PseudoGM rolled d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Harino shakes her head, stretching after sheathing her blade. [+15 HP from Indomitable]
PseudoGM rolled 2d6+6 and got 2, 3 ( Total: 11 )
PseudoGM: …Looks like one of the mother boards is still okay… could pawn it for 11G, probably.
Shuu: "But, hrm…" he kneels down beside a broken robot, looking it over… Is there some sign of… External tampering?
Yin stretches up to her current normal height with a crack of her back before scooting over to stamp out the flames licking through the dry savanah grass
PseudoGM: It's… hm. Kind of weird? Operation?
Shuu is definitely going to [Operations]
Shuu rolled 6d6 and got 3, 3, 6, 2, 2, 6 ( Total: 22 )
[OOC] Shuu: The question is "Was it externally tampered?" really. It's not in the list of possibible questions but still. Plus not doing what I shouldn't, that's two successes
PseudoGM: Okay, yeah, you kind of recognize this. There's definitely extrna tampering. But it's not the code that's been messed with, it's more like the processor is reading the code they run off of incorrect? It reminds you a lot of what happened to the robots near the void.
PseudoGM: Well not so much the robots - you're pretty sure the gremlins hijacked them -
Sohl lets the rest of the party rummage through the wreckage while he casually walks around the outside of their activity, keeping a lookout.
PseudoGM: But rather, the computers and machinery inside of the plant.
PseudoGM: That was all weird and flicker-y.
PseudoGM: and not working right
Shuu furrows his brows as he looks over the machines "There's been damage to the processors, not just any damage, corruption on the instructions"
Shuu: "I saw this before, remember the water treatment plant? The computers there had suffered the same kind of damage"
PseudoGM: There's a pair of warthogs looking over the group curiously now, Sohl, but not much around here aside from that
Shuu: "Say, Sohl and Yin, you're better with this. But that kind of… Void the gremlins were coming out of"
Shuu: "Can it scramble machinery?"
Sohl: "Hm?" He doesn't take his eyes off the warthogs, but he does stop pacing.
Yin looks around for any sign of another spatial distortion. "You'd think something like that would be hard to miss."
Sohl: "Well…"
PseudoGM: You've never really thought about it too much since you tend to mostly just seal it up but… Yeah, considering the warping effect it has on space/time it's not too strange that it could bend robot code in odd ways.
Sohl thinks on it. "The void works in mysterious ways."
Sohl: "It could very well scramble machinery, but there's not a lot of study on the effect, yeah?"
Shuu stands up, crossing his arms
Sohl: "Mostly because, uh, most people don't survive voidtouched robot attacks. But this seems like a good time!"
Sohl ambles on over to the wreckage.
PseudoGM: Nothing you can see here at least, Yin.
Shuu: "There's another pocket of void around here"
Shuu: "Or at the very least, near their maitenance zone"
Harino: "Well, didn't we get a job to check on machinery sending back weird data on the next floor up? Maybe it's related to that."
Yin: "I'd say that's highly likely, Harino. Maybe the bots were spit out here from a different floor? We should probably track it down and seal it, either way"
Sohl: "Very possible!" He starts examining the remains, now knowing that there's -some- kind of weirdness with them.
PseudoGM: Its faint now, but you can feel some lingering traces on what's left of the scraps, Sohl.
Shuu: "Aha, yes. That is the likely cause, Harino"
[OOC] Sohl: should I bother rolling
PseudoGM: Naw.
Harino nods her head. "Best to get paid extra for what we'd probably end up doing anyway."
Sohl: "Yep, it's voids."
Sohl stands up, dusting off his hands.
PseudoGM: It feels more like the gremlin void, than, say, that dragon you encountered on the beach or the Driftin from yesterday.
PseudoGM: (Which are a bit more like dwarf shadow)
Yin turns to the Hundred digging through the scrap metal "Hey Wrench, any chance the robots left tracks in all this grass? We might be able to figure out at least a general idea of where they came from."
PseudoGM: …Come to think of it, how DO the treaded robots get from one floor to another?
Sohl: "Gremlins, too, I bet."
Shuu figures it's another needlessly hidden elevator
PseudoGM: That is a good guess.
Sohl: "…I'm not sure if robots can travel through void portals, and I really hope they can't!"
Shuu: "I don't think they're doing that either, it's probably more mundane"
Shuu: "Perhaps more silly"
PseudoGM: …But yes, Wrench CAN follow a trail made by very heavy, sthompy robots over the savannah.
Yin: "A slide system, obviously!" Yin says with a laugh. "But on a more serious note, they may not have made the trip willingly? It may also be related to why we were seen as hostiles."
PseudoGM: And it leads you you directly to a wall! You probably wouldn't have known what to look for a week ago either, but you do notice another one of those weird sensor's that your Alloci friend used to open a hole in the wall, nearby where the tracks stop,
Wrench does, indeed, lead them there!
Harino: "Huh, wonder how they trigger it?"
Shuu: "Likely it's designed to open for the automated systems"
PseudoGM: …Not that you can get it to open up without a sefaragis, of course.
Yin knocks on the wall panel. "Too bad there's no Alloci here. Unless. you think you could force it, Shuu?"
Shuu: "It probably doesn't needs a medallion for them, and opens on it's own" he looks at Yin, looks at the wall
Shuu has absolutely no hope, but, still it's worth at least checking out. Anything that looks like might be a weak spot or perhaps access to it's internal systems?
PseudoGM: None of the acsess pannels you'd expect on a public system. With a couple minutes of searching you can find the seams in the wall but… well, it'd be one hell of a feat of strength to pry it open.
Shuu: "Hrm… Yeah, we're a vehicle-mounted hydraulic press here"
Shuu: "Can't force it open, and the systems are tied to that medallion and whatever form it uses to connect, it's very well shielded"
Wrench shrugs. "Looks like a big ol case of not our problem right now."
Sohl: "Looks like we're still doing this the hard way."
Shuu: "Pretty much, seems like we'll have to track them on higher floors"
PseudoGM: On the bright side, you can see the stair well leading up from here.
PseudoGM: The area near the base of it is just about perfect for camping, too.
Shuu looks at the stairs from where he stands "Well… This look as good a place as any"
Shuu: "And it's going to be dark soon"
Sohl: "Way ahead of ya'!"
Sohl rolled 7d6 and got 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 6, 5 ( Total: 27 ) for survival
[OOC] Yin: Dats a lotta dice
PseudoGM: That sure was a lot of 3s, Sohl.
[OOC] Sohl: it's the 3rd strongest number
[OOC] Sohl: …wiat no
Sohl sets up camp near the base of the stairwell, using a previous party's firecircle. [The night passes uneventfully.] He was able to get some new spices at this last town, and also a jar of 'salsa!' [+4 MP] [+4 MP]
Sohl [-1 LP to self]
Sohl also casts a breeze on Shuu and Harino. [+13 HP]
Yin beds down and starts scribbling into her notebook while there's still light in the early evening.
Wrench kicks back and naps.
PseudoGM: Delicious salsa. Not as good of a rest as the free inns, but it'll too. Tomorrow… you get the feeling you'll be in for some Excitement.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License