Toe 28

[F2017] The way back down to town was pretty fast, with a route already in mind from last time, and three and a half additional combatants in tow. It's pretty eventful by in large. And within two days, you're back! Though it's late and Aronace insists that he let you pay for the Inn, to make up for Sohl's disapointment with not being able to ride the cargo elevator.
PseudoGM: In the morning and after an especially hearty breakfast, he leads you to the far edge of town, near the wall.
Wrench scratches her chin. "So."
Sohl affects a double arm stretch! "So!"
PseudoGM: "I know it's around here somewhere…" He seems to be eyeing one segment of the wall in particular with sighing. Esma pulls out her PDA a few moments later and begins tappign at it, before holding it towards the wall.
Sohl: "I'm excited!"
Shuu has the look of someone who haven't slept quite as much as he should, his left arm has a few more gold inlays on it. He looks at Yin, raising an eyebrow "One may become jealous of this capacity of yours" he says with a grin, then looks at the wall
PseudoGM: After a few moments it begins to beep, and a small green light on the wall turns on. "Ahah! Whatever would I do without you, Esma?" "Likely end up in house arrest under your grandfather's orders for nine months out of the year." "Haha, isn't that the truth."
Yin now stockier, stripeless, and slightly blue tinged grins and gestures to the holsters on her hips. One with a nice stubby shotgun and the other a nice sharp dagger, "It's nice to try new things."
Sohl: "Nice loadout!"
PseudoGM: "Ah, would that we all had your people's flexability!"
Wrench cracks her back a little, stretching. Which is sort of a pun.
PseudoGM: Aronace then pulls out a sefaragis from a pocket inside of his coat and holds it up to the wall. The green light extends a bit, sweeping over the jewel in the center of the pendent-like thing, and beeps a few more times.
PseudoGM: He then inserts it into a newly opened hole in the wall, waits for a moment as the wall beeps again. And then a section of the wall begins to rumble and opens up.
PseudoGM: "And here we go!"
PseudoGM: Inside there's a much, much smaller elevator. Maybe space for ten people tops, if they all crowded in very tightly.
Wrench squeezes in first, meaning somebody gets a faceful of rat. She acts completely oblivious to this.
Sohl: "Heh heh heh. Good stuff- oof-" He gets a tail in the face, but quickly recovers with an arm wave.
Shuu will be fine with tanking the ratness if necessary, he IS the other large volume occupant after all
Yin: "Neat gadget you have. Is it just for the elevator?" Yin nods towards the pendant
Yin squeezes into a corner and tries to make 'less' of herself
PseudoGM: "That's the only real practical purpose it serves, yes. Otherwise they're mostly just " status symbol "," He airqoutes with a sigh.
Wrench does, in fact, thwap Sohl with her tail. Shuu's her height, though.
Sohl ambles on in, trying to situate his back towards a corner (because his pack is also back there and he wouldn't want to hit anyone with it!).
PseudoGM: "Alright. Well, it's been fun! When you're ready to go, just push that up arrow button inside, and it'll take you on up to the next town. If anyone happens to see you coming out of it and asks what in blazes you're doing… just tell them to check the logs."
Shuu: "Alright, thank you"
Sohl: "Will do. Hope we didn't leave any scars!"
PseudoGM: He laughs.
Yin seeing they are not being joined by the other party, stops attempting to become one with the wall. "Thanks for the lift"
PseudoGM: He gives a wave, and after the button is pressed the doors shut again. There's a dim red light inside so it's not completely dark, at least, and a few seconds later the gears begin to move and you slowly start to assend.
Sohl: "Someone want to do the honors?"
Shuu push buttan
Shuu: "Certainly"
Wrench sniffs the air a little bit. Her ears perk up. She crouches a little bit lower.
PseudoGM: There's probably a bit more rattling than you'd like too.
Sohl: "…kind of a bit unnerving without a window or somethin'."
Sohl: "But I suppose I can't complain about the travel time!"
PseudoGM: One… two… three… four…
PseudoGM:
Wrench: "See, I knew those elves were good for something."
Harino: "No kidding, I've never been in one of these before…"
PseudoGM: eight… nine…
Shuu: "It's certainly fast"
PseudoGM:
PseudoGM: …thirteen… fourteen.
Yin: "Any idea what floor he sent us to, exactly?"
PseudoGM: It shakes before coming to a stop with a loud groan. It takes another minute before the doors automatically open back up. Looks like you're here?
Sohl: "Maybe the title card will tell us as soon as we exit!" he says, before exiting.
Wrench strolls out, pushing past Harino.
[F2031]
Shuu heads on outside, looking around. A town, as he mentioned?
PseudoGM: You can see a town in the far distance. It looks like it's twice as big as the one you just left.
Harino huffs a bit at being squeezed past before exiting herself, looking around. "Well, I guess we're moving up in the world? Saved a couple weeks, at least."
PseudoGM: Most of the buildings go all the way up to the ceiling! There's people outside! Looks like there's three water towers! Hell, there's even an if-ys enclave it looks like.
Shuu chuckles at Harino, and leaves after her "This is a big city"
Sohl: "Oh ho ho! A man could make quite the livin' usin' this as a base…"
Wrench: "See that, Harino?" She flexes. "Diplomacy."
Yin: "Looks like we're definitely beyond the farming floors." Yin eyes the arrow button before stepping out to join everyone else, "I wonder if we could ride any further without one of those toys he had."
Shuu: "Unlikely, I want to bet it's locked"
Shuu: "It doesn't really make sense, to me, but looks like a thing that'd be done"
PseudoGM: It does seal itself shut after about two minutes, and it's hard to tell where the doors even where when it closes back up.
Shuu crosses his arms as he stares at the sealed door
Shuu: "For how well made the doorways are, the system could have used way better stability"
Shuu shrugs "Oh well"
Shuu: "Shall we go to the town, then, and verify what the current state of things is?"
Sohl: "Mm-hmm!" He heads cityways!
PseudoGM: As you make it towards the city limit proper, a familiar on tread waves four arms dangerously in your direction. "Halt! Halt! Stop, I said!"
Wrench: "Ha ha yeah whatever."
Wrench keeps going.
PseudoGM: "RRRRR!" It whirls after Wrench, slamming two of its tiny mechanical hands into the back of each of Wrench's knee caps. "Go no further, villians! You're under arrest!"
Shuu blinks "Hold on"
Shuu looks down at the familiar "What is going on?"
PseudoGM: "Villians, curs! NE'R DO WELLS!"
PseudoGM: "To the point: THIEVES!"
Shuu blinks
Shuu: "Thieves of what, if you would explain?"
PseudoGM: "I've caught you now! No longer shall our abodes be thefted upon!"
Harino: "…Wrench, what did you do?"
Wrench stumbles a little after the familiar slams into her legs. She spins around and picks up the familiar by the closest thing to the scruff of its neck.
Wrench: "Literally nothing."
PseudoGM: It flails all of its arms while its treads spin wildly.
PseudoGM: "If it wasn't you then why, pray tell, did you FLEE from my FEARSOME VISAGE, villian?!"
Shuu crosses his arms at the familiar
Sohl tilts his head and blinks. "Well, that's the problem, innit?"
Shuu: "Have you ever seen a Hundred stop"
Sohl: "It's -too- fiercesome."
Shuu: "Just, you know, asking"
Sohl: "Anyone would run!"
Wrench gestures to Shuu with the same hand she's holding the familiar by. "This guy gets it."
PseudoGM: It makes a vaguely irritated whirring noise.
PseudoGM: "Three houses, utterly RANSACKED last night! And now! Five HEAVILY ARMED stranges APPEAR from where NO ROADS lead!"
Shuu: "If you would verify the priority elevator logs, you will see that we have come from one such"
Shuu: "That said, houses fully ransacked, you say?" he closes his eyes for a moment "Maybe we want to look into that?"
PseudoGM: It pauses for a moment. "…Why would bandits have priority elevator access…?"
Shuu: "They would not, clearly"
Yin: "A question for the ages."
PseudoGM: "To the phone house then, charlatons!" It gestures with a claw further inside the side, still hanging from Wrench's hands.
Shuu: "… Mind leading the way, Wrench?"
Sohl: "(Did we get conscripted into being detectives?)" he asides.
Yin gives him a thumbs up
Harino: "(…Maybe? It could be a nice break from the exploring.)"
Wrench does, in fact, lead the way. (She's still holding him.)
PseudoGM: It gestures where to turn, and a few blocks later you arrive at the phone house. The dwarf at the counter inside raises an eyebrow as the door opens and Wrench enters with the familiar.
PseudoGM: "What did you do this time…?" "INVESTIGATING, my good clerk!"
PseudoGM: "Prepare five CELLS to JAIL these FIENDS when their bluff is called!"
Shuu: "We heard some thefts had been happening, and wondered if you needed any assistance"
PseudoGM: The familiar flails around with more force until Wrench drops it, then zooms through a small floor near the ground inside the back. The clerk looks at the familiar, then the party, then sighs.
Shuu: "It's a familiar, those things happen"
PseudoGM: "Ah, that so? We just posted a job about it on the watch board, as a matter of fact. Sorry about the uh…" He gestures vaguely in the direction the familiar left in.
Sohl: "Eh! Saved us a trip to the job board!"
PseudoGM: "Well, I suppose that works out rather nicely then."
PseudoGM: "Anyway… yeah. You all seem new in town. There's been a string of burglaries over the last week, and whoever it is has been getting a bit faster at it. Seems like they hit three houses last night, and the familiars have been goin' absolutely nuts since they found out."
Wrench: "So, what are they stealing?"
PseudoGM: "Seems like it's pretty much just jewelry. Only thing that's really easy to pawn off on rich idiots, y'know?"
Shuu: "At least not something weird. Still up to help, anyway"
Yin: "Anything special about the houses they already hit?"
Sohl: "Yeah, we can take a look around."
PseudoGM: "ALAS AND ALACK, I'VE BEEN RUN AFOWL! THEY…. THEY'RE IN THE CLEAR!" You can hear the familiar wail through the walls.
PseudoGM: "Not as far as we could tell, but like… our familiars are mostly good at repairs, and the guardmen we got at fighting monsters… not so much investigating crimes."
Harino giggles a little, shaking her head. "Best place to start would be the latest houses, I guess?"
PseudoGM: "I can mark on the map which places've been hit for you though, one sec." And he disappears under the counter, rummaging through stuff.
Wrench: "Well, I'm always willin' to sniff around a little."
Shuu: "So we know where to start, which is good"
Sohl rubs his chin from over his beard, pacing a bit in thought.
Sohl: "(…well, I bet a city this big has some kinda' black market, too…)"
PseudoGM: Returns a bit later with a map of the citoes layout, and a handful of buildings marked with Xs. "Here ya go."
Yin: "(Would make sense, though I don't know if someone would really need a black market for just mundane jewelry.)"
PseudoGM: The familiar comes back out rom its tiny door and slips past the party, giving Wrench a dirt look as it does. "I venture off once more to find the root of this SIN!"
Sohl: "Happy trails!" he calls after the familiar.
Shuu: "Hope he doesn't do anything too reckless"
Sohl then turns back to the party and studies the map. "Hmm, hmm-hmm. Doesn't look to hard to get to."
Shuu looks at the map "Let's get going, then"
Sohl: "Thanks again," he calls to the dwarf.
PseudoGM: Harino makes sure to pick up the job posting slip before you leave, that way you can avoid any more encounters like the one with the familiar when you run into people during the course of your investigation. Most of the places are easy enough to get into, and after explaining what's going on the home owns let you inside to look around.
PseudoGM: This is probably a good time to make some skill checks to Figure Something Out!
Wrench sniffs the air and starts prying about. Oops, she's under the floorboards.
Sohl burns a bit of incense in a miter, waves it around a bit, checking for spiritual activity! [Mysticism]
Sohl rolled 4d6 and got 1, 6, 1, 6 ( Total: 14 )
Shuu starts looking around the house, he follows Sohl, picking up information as he goes silently for now (will wait to roll until others are satisfied)
[OOC] Sohl: I suppose question 1 is [Is there a mystical force afoot?]
Yin talks to the home owner, to get a read on the situation [Insight]
PseudoGM: There is! You can detect the faint traces of illusion magic having been used in all of the buildings, though it's got an unusually thick shadow-y presense to it.
Yin rolled 4d6 and got 6, 1, 1, 5 ( Total: 13 )
[OOC] Sohl: [What class of entity is it?]
PseudoGM: Hmm… they're not quite dopplegangers, not quite illusions? It's hard to place exactly, but you get the impression there's shadows being controlled by another, more mundane being.
Yin: She tries to get an idea of what is exactly is missing and what rooms were targeted?
PseudoGM: The rooms by in large seem like they were designated studies, and places where people would tend to keep lock boxes. It seems like only jewelry has gone missing, and specifically, only pendents with large gemstones seem to be missing.
[OOC] Yin: Are these home owners Alloci?
PseudoGM: No, there don't seem to be any Alloci on the floor actually. Though with some questioning you do find out that they've all had a loose connection to an alloci house in recent generational memory.
PseudoGM: (Not necessarily the same house, but some house all the same.)
Wrench whistles sharply from out in the alleyway adjacent.
Sohl: "Feelin' like this is relevant to things we recently saw-" !
Sohl jogs out towards the sound of the whistle!
Shuu looks at that direction, follows Sohl "Indeed, bit of a coincidence, but they're definitely searching"
Wrench: An access hatch, the rust on its hinges recently broken.
Wrench: "Found somethin'."
Shuu kneels down to look
Shuu: "Yep, definitely something"
Shuu: "Sounds like our thief has his own secret path"
Sohl: "It'd be kind of a tight fit, unless you were a familiar……….."
Wrench: "You get your shoulders through, it opens up great just past."
Wrench: "I mean,"
Wrench: "As much fun as I have blamin' stuff on familiars."
Shuu: "Hrm… I'm with Wrench"
Shuu: "Let's go see what we can find inside there" he makes his way inside first!
Sohl narrows his eyes. "I'm keepin' my options open."
PseudoGM: This one's wide as far as access tunnelts go, so there's a little bit of room to maneuver around at least.
PseudoGM: Inside it goes two different ways, but Wrench and Sohl are both easily able to pick up the track and head down what should be the correct path.
PseudoGM: …Alright the further along this thing you go the more crapped it feels… and it's kind of hot since the air circulation sucks… but you're not exactly forced to crawl. … Unless you're Wrench, I mean.
Sohl has an okay time! It's the trade-off to occasionally taking a tail to the face.
Wrench isn't so much crawling as scurrying.
PseudoGM: …And after about ten minutes it opens up into a wide, open space! Huh, that's weird.
PseudoGM: You know what else is weird?
Shuu stretches out once they're finally out in the open. What else is weird?
PseudoGM: The bed roll. And the stack of canned food, and tiny portable stove. And the pack full of clothing.
PseudoGM: That's not stuff that's supposed to be in an access tunnel.
Sohl: "This is -terrible- urban planning!"
Shuu crosses his arms
Shuu: "So… Ambush?"
Sohl: "Ambush!"
Wrench roots through the pack and sniffs it.
Shuu looks around, any nice places to hide while they wait for the owner of the things Wrench is rummaging through to show up?
PseudoGM: For most intents and purposes it's just a big, laregly empty room. But you could like, press up against the walls flanking the pathway entrance into it pretty easily…?
PseudoGM: Someone more trained in Stealth could probably work out some specifics and coordinate things.
[OOC] Sohl: how many exit points are there
PseudoGM: Just the one.
Shuu has no training in that, sadly
Yin rolled 4d6 and got 4, 2, 2, 2 ( Total: 10 ) for [Stealth]
[OOC] Yin: All Yin manages to do is sneak into the room after you
PseudoGM: I uh. Yeah, the part of the wall near the entrance collapsing probably isn't going to help.
[OOC] Wrench: gosh spend the 2 LP on that to get another success
[OOC] Sohl: I can hide in the bedroll
[OOC] Yin: Yeah, you're not wrong. -2LP
PseudoGM: …Alright… you got it back into place. … It doesn't collapses again when you pull your hands away. It's fine. It's fine.
PseudoGM: Really, it's fine.
PseudoGM: …Anyway,
PseudoGM: You've got a couple hours to kill until you find out if your suspect returns to their base of opporations at night. On the upside you've got room to stretch out in here, and Sohl's probably got some playing cards to pass the time with.
Shuu is definitely going to end up super bored, that's fine, that's part of the job, sadly
PseudoGM: And time passes.
PseudoGM: A few hours later you do, eventually, hear the sound of some footsteps approaching.
Sohl teaches the classic game of Gin, without, sadly, any gin…
Sohl sucks in some breath and scrunches down, axe already drawn…
PseudoGM: They stop a few paces away from the entrance for a few moments, making a curious noise before continuing to walk inside.
Shuu stays silently, waiting until the person gets inside, who is it?
PseudoGM: It's a driftin lady wearing dark cloathing, and a blacker cloak than you've ever seen before. She doesn't notice something off until she's already well into the room and near the cans of food, before freezing and slowly turning around.
Shuu: "Mind telling us what exactly you are looking for, ma'am?"
Sohl: "Oh, I didn't know this seat was taken."
PseudoGM: "Dinner, what's it to you?"
Shuu: "One would imagine driften don't consume gemstones"
Shuu looks at Harino "Unless some do?"
Harino: "Uh, not to my knowledge, no."
PseudoGM: "Ah…" she glances around, taking note of the various weapons on the party. "Bounty hunters or something?"
Sohl: "Maintenance crew, actually." He tips the brim of his hat. "We clean up messes."
Shuu: "Roaming maitenance crew, indeed"
PseudoGM: She gives Harino and Wrench a dubious look.
PseudoGM: "What's that got to do with eating gemstones…?"
Shuu: "Well, as the case may be, it seems someone's stealing gemstones around this floor lately"
Shuu: "And, well, the entire circumstances led us here, right now"
PseudoGM: "Don't see how exactly that relates to - aw, you know what."
Sohl sniffs the driftin (not harino) for SPIRITS.
PseudoGM: "Lets just cut the crap, shall we? I'm a thief, you're a rag tag group of whatever the fuck the familiars hired to find me. I'm too hungry to deal with all this beating around the bush."
Sohl: "a-HAH!"
Shuu: "Oh, alright"
PseudoGM: As Sohl behind to sniff she throws her cloak backwards, and four blobs of shadow fan out behind her, taking on her outline.
Shuu: "To be honest I was really improvising badly there, i'm not really good at this kind of thing"
PseudoGM: "So lets just get to the part where I send ya running and be done with it."
Shuu: "Hrm… Shadow beasts…"
Sohl: "Aw, well, when Wrench didn't immediately blast her upon touchin' down I figured we were jawjackin'."
[Round 1]
Shuu: "Where'd you get them?"
Yin nods "Makes sense. Seemed like an awfully nice coat for a squatter." She loads two slightly glowing shells into her new shotgun.
PseudoGM: "Years of training!" She shouts, as Phantom B [Collapses] part of the roof on Shuu.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 85 ( Total: 85 ) for 100/25
Harino grins as she draws one of her katanas. "Now this is more my style."
PseudoGM rolled d8+10 and got 7 ( Total: 17 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 17 earth damage and inflicting Short K-Shatter II!
PseudoGM: By which I mean phantom D, obviously.
PseudoGM: Phantom C then sending a [Shadow] in Sohl's direction
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 )
PseudoGM rolled d8+15 and got 3 ( Total: 18 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 18 water damage.
PseudoGM: Yin?
Shuu smacks the roof fragment out of the way with his left arm [R: Earth] "Really, now?"
Shuu: "Because they're awfully supicious
Sohl: "You think those shadows…?"
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 5 ( Total: 5 ) for Keep it up vs The Phantom Theif (80/5)
Shuu: "I am very certain those shadows are, indeed, the same kind of shadow beasts he was seeing"
Shuu: "Probably related to the core as well"
PseudoGM: "What?"
PseudoGM: "It's shadow magic, ya idiot. Fuckin' Maxwellian, always thinkin' they know what shit is even though the jackasses duno what they even is."
PseudoGM: Crits!
Shuu: "Hrm… Ah, just your kind of magic?"
Shuu: "That's fine, then"
Yin rolled 2d8+12 and got 6, 5 ( Total: 23.0 ) for ((Crit!)) Yin casually raises her new firearm and sends a loud blast roaring into the thief before offering Shuu a quick hand up and brush off to make him feel a bit better!
Shuu: "To be honest one particularly bad… Fault… In this tower is related to a form of shadow beast"
[OOC] Yin: Uh, cleanse the Shatter
Shuu: "I imagined it might have been related to your current capacities, might as well not be"
PseudoGM: She clicks her teeth as Yin fires, then holds up a hand - as the bullet impacts her palm, one of the shadows behind her recoils and takes damage instead. [-1LP] [23]!
PseudoGM: "Feh, I doubt anything I done has hurt this tower any."
PseudoGM: Phantom A sends a [Shadow] into Yin in responce!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 ) for 100/25
Sohl: "The tower's dyin', thief!"
PseudoGM rolled d8+15 and got 7 ( Total: 22 ) for Water Combo!
PseudoGM: Bursting for 22 water damage and inflicting Long Curse.
Shuu: "So do I, to be honest. But if, say, you had acquired this particular skillset from a different source such as a form of artifact you had found? Then it would have been a hint as to the origin of the problems"
Wrench: "Shuu's a professional."
PseudoGM: Phantom B attempts to [Collapse] some debris on Sohl!
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 100/25 in d100/25
PseudoGM: //er

PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 54 ( Total: 54 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled d8+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11 ) for Water Combo!
Sohl: "Ooooooooooooooooow-" [W:Earth]
PseudoGM: Dealing 11 earth damage, and inflicting Short K-Shatter II, and Short K/E-Falter.
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 2d4 and got 1, 4 ( Total: 5 ) for f w e a
Sohl plucks a Fire Mote out of thin air and combines it with the other fire and air motes he just generated! He throws three fireballs at the enemies- striking the Phantom Thief and Phantoms A and B! [Q, Inferno]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 39 ( Total: 39 ) for 25
Sohl rolled 1d6+7 and got 4 ( Total: 11 ) for applied e-falter
Sohl then conjures up a healing [Breeze] [C-Air+3] for himself and Yin!
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 68 ( Total: 68 ) for 25
PseudoGM: The Thief is neutral, and the Phantoms are weak!
Sohl rolled 1d8+15 and got 4 ( Total: 19 ) for HP recovered, generates an Air mote
[OOC] Sohl: 11 to thief, 16 to phantoms :3
[OOC] PseudoGM: 11][16][16]!
PseudoGM: Wrench?
Wrench locks and loads her gun, firing a Magnetic Stake at the thief!
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 ) for 80/10
[OOC] Wrench: -2 LP!
PseudoGM: "Tch, one of ya."
PseudoGM: Hits!
Wrench rolled 1d6+17 and got 6 ( Total: 23.0 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 23]!
Wrench: For 23 physical damage, and Slow 1! I bet Slow 1 still hits the Thief.
PseudoGM: Harino?
Harino hmms as she looks over the Phantom Thief [Overdrive Read] before slashing her with a flourish! [Rally Strike, C-Air]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 7 ( Total: 17.0 ) for +2 Drive to Harino, Sohl, and Shuu
[OOC] PseudoGM: 17]!
PseudoGM: Shuu?
Shuu sighs, and shrugs. He draws his axe and in a single motion throws it upwards, taking a step backwards and vanishing. The axe hits the ceiling with a metallic clunk- And Shuu grabs it, having appeared out of nowhere, and throws it down towards Phantom A. He falls down beside it, grabs it and returns to position [Warp Strike]
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 ) for 90/50
[OOC] Shuu: Whoa. Using 1 LP
Shuu rolled 2d8+23 and got 6, 5 ( Total: 34 )
Shuu strikes really vehemently for [34] damage
PseudoGM: The Phantom thief is glad she didn't shunt more damage around as Shuu slams into it for [34]!
PseudoGM: She then gestures towards it, siphon off an additional 2D from it as her turn starts [It's Mine, Anyway], then runs forward and thrust five different fists into Sohl's face at once. [Illusion Fist]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 89 ( Total: 89 ) for 80
PseudoGM: But none of them seem to connect!
Sohl: "Whoa- whah- yow- ho- haiiiiii- safe!" He slides back into formation!
PseudoGM: "…Damn dwarves and their luck." She spits to the side.
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round one!
Sohl: "Luck had nothin' to do with that one, I tell you what."
PseudoGM: Save A Momentum and destroy the other, Yin!
[OOC] Harino: Oh I didn't get anything from Overdrive Read
PseudoGM: Oh whoops I missed that since I was skimming when I sat back down.
PseudoGM: Yeah, when that bar charges, she's just going to go nuts and unlease three techniques.
[OOC] Yin: Done
[Round 2]
PseudoGM: Phantom B blast Shuu with [Shadow]s!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 50 ( Total: 50 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 3 ( Total: 15 )
PseudoGM: For 15 water damage!
PseudoGM: Phantom C buffets him with more [Shadow]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled d8+15 and got 7 ( Total: 22 ) for water combo!
PseudoGM: Dealing 22 water and inflicting Long Curse.
PseudoGM: Yin?
Shuu blinks, he can't dodge the first shadow, nor the second either but he tries to block as well as he can which is not very well [W: Water]
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 ) for Pacesetter vs Thief (80/5)
Shuu gets buffeted, hard. "Alright, so you can actually hit hard"
Yin: -1LP, Ouch
PseudoGM: Swing and a mi - hits!
PseudoGM: (Don't forget you 6 curse damage!)
Yin rolled 1d8+10 and got 7 ( Total: 17.0 ) for C:Rush Yin cheers on Wrench, Harino, and, Shuu- kicking them all into a higher gear!((Damage added. And I forgot my charm last round, apllied now while I can))
[OOC] Wrench: You're gonna wanna get SOHL with that actually
[OOC] Shuu: Take Sohl instead of me, yeah
[OOC] Yin: [OK]
PseudoGM: With those three selected instead, they zoom on up past Phantom B.
[OOC] PseudoGM: 17]!
PseudoGM: "Hng."
PseudoGM: Phantom A hurls another [Shadow] into Shuu!
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 100/25 in d100/25
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 ) for d100/25
PseudoGM rolled d8+15 and got 1 ( Total: 16 )
PseudoGM: //Burting for 16 water damage!

PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl: "Yeah just slam your most damaging attack into a single ally so that they die!"
Shuu tanks one more hit "That really is annoying, i'll let you know"
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for f w e a
PseudoGM: "Uh, yeah?"
Shuu: "Good, you're smart not just lucky"
Sohl nabs that newly formed Earth mote and runs next to Shuu- with a palm thrust and shout, there's a burst of healing energy and a protective Bubble! [Q, Direct Heal M-Earth] [+8 True Healing] [Bubble (8)]
Sohl then conjures up cherry blossoms that begin to fill up the room! They swirl around Shuu, healing his wounds, while others turn into pink lances that streak towards the Thief's joints! [Petal Shower] [C-Rush+3]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 45 ( Total: 45 ) for 25
Sohl rolled 1d8+17 and got 8 ( Total: 25 ) for HP healed
[Long Shock to Phantom Thief]
PseudoGM: "Fuckin HATE elementalist-!"
Shuu: "There are advantages to working in groups"
PseudoGM: Wrench!
Wrench: "Focus fire?" Wrench limbers up and plants her gun down, kicking out two legs down from the sides to support it. It starts to hum and crackle.
[OOC] Wrench: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIdHMrNvHQ ] "Don't make me laugh!" [OD - Desperado
Sohl: "They're smart about that, too! They got that damage shiftin' technique, and knows how to focus fire…"
Wrench rolled 5d100 and got 99, 62, 81, 91, 31 ( Total: 364 ) for 80/10 Thief Shadows A B C D
[OOC] Wrench: -5 LP For all hit
Wrench rolled 1d6+15 and got 3 ( Total: 18.0 )
PseudoGM: "The shi -"
[OOC] PseudoGM: 18]x5!
Wrench fires a blaze of shots at the field. Then she rips the entire barrel housing off of the gun - it's glowing red hot - and hurls it into the field, while it explodes!
[OOC] Wrench: 5]x5!
PseudoGM: Phantom A evaporates! [KO]
Wrench grabs a replacement out of her pack and bolts it on in a flash. [Defend!] [Reload!]
Shuu: "She does that"
Sohl: "Nowhere to run!"
PseudoGM: Harino?
PseudoGM: "May've miscaculated this one…"
Wrench: (Oh, and they're all Slowed 1.)
PseudoGM: Lol.
[OOC] Sohl: lmao
Harino lashes out quickly at the Phantom Thief! [Precision Strike]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 ) for 100/10
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 10 ( Total: 20.0 ) for Harino has +10 crit vs her
[OOC] PseudoGM: -1LP - Phantom Guard] She blocks the slash with a hand, and Phantom D recoils. [20]!
PseudoGM: Sohl!
[OOC] Sohl: mmmmmmmmmmmmm nope
PseudoGM: Hmm
PseudoGM: oh
PseudoGM: Right
PseudoGM: Wrench defending always throws me off
PseudoGM: Even though I should be used to that by now.
Wrench defends a lot.
PseudoGM: Phantom B fires off another [Shadow] at Shuu!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for 100/25
[OOC] Sohl: don't forget ur bubbl
PseudoGM rolled d8+15 and got 5 ( Total: 20 ) for many bursts
PseudoGM: For 20 water!
Shuu sidesteps, it strikes against the barrier but still strikes hard "Yep"
PseudoGM: Shuu?
Shuu throws his axe at Phantom B! He rushes right after- The axe flies, but Shuu instead drives a clothesline into it for [8] True Strike! He keeps on running into the spatial tear the axe opened, vanishing into it and appearing behind the party [Q - Crashing Exit] [Tactical Driver]
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 100/25 in 1d100/25
Dicebot:
Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 100/25 in 1d100/25
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 ) for Ooops, burst
Shuu does Burst
PseudoGM: "Hmm…"
[OOC] Wrench: I would like that short lucky please, for reasons
[OOC] Shuu: Alright!
PseudoGM: //She rolls her arm around her shoulder, then lurches forward and grabs Sohl by the collar -

Sohl: "Wat-"
PseudoGM rolled d100+15 and got 85 ( Total: 100 ) for 80 [Circle Throw]
PseudoGM: - Which turns into shadow and slips through her fingers.
PseudoGM: She growls in irritating while jumping back.
Sohl dusts off his collar.
PseudoGM: and draining 2D from Phandom B.
Sohl: "(…I think she likes me!)"
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round 2!
PseudoGM: Yin can Save A Momentum and trash the others.
[Round 3] starts with Shuu buffing someone.
[OOC] Yin: Saving Earth!
PseudoGM: And Yin's up first now!
Yin: Yin activates her Mystic's Beads!- Making an Air for later
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 ) for Secret Weapon- Earth!
Yin mimes drawing a sword from her belt which materializes in her hand in the form of a semi-opaque, crackling saber. With a shout she tosses it to Harino, "You know how to use these best!" [Grants ally long Elemental Saber] C:Earth Yin then flicks her hands as though cleaning them off and flings earth motes at the entire enemy party! [True Strike for 6 earth]
PseudoGM: The Thief is Resistant to earth, and the phantoms are neutral! [1][6][6][6]
PseudoGM: Phantom D reaches out with a [OD - Tendril] for Sohl…!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled d6+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 11 water damage and inflicting Long Exhaust! It then attempts to [Collapse] stuff on him.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 60 ( Total: 60 ) for 100/25
Sohl: "Hauuuuuuuuugh- oof ow oof!"
PseudoGM rolled d8+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 11 earth and inflicting Short K-Shatter II and Short K/E-Falter as it water combos!
PseudoGM: Phantom C reaches out with a [OD - Tendril] for Harino!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled d6+10 and got 5 ( Total: 15 )
PseudoGM: Inflicting 15 water and Long Exhaust on her, before hurling a [Shadow] at Shuu!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 2 ( Total: 14 )
PseudoGM: For 14 water damage!
Shuu brings his left first to bear and punches the shadow away [1 LP]
Harino partly blocks it with her shield. [-5 plus R:Water]
PseudoGM: Wrench?
Wrench reaches into her pack and pulls out a massive rocket, and unfolds her gun a little to even fit it inside. Her aim wavers a little.
Wrench: And then she smiles. [Q - Trick Shot]
Wrench fires a rocket shot right into the middle of the three phantoms!
Wrench rolled 3#1d100-15(1) and got 12 ( Total: -3.0 ) for 50/10
Also rolled 3#1d100-15(2) and got 17 [Total: 2.0 (Low), Avg: 17.00]
Also rolled 3#1d100-15(3) and got 26 [Total: 11.0 (Low), Avg: 26.00]
Total: 10.0, Avg: 18.33
[OOC] Wrench: -1 LP
[OOC] Wrench: Oh, sorry. Bunker Buster.
[OOC] Wrench: C-Earth!
[OOC] Yin: Reasons
Wrench rolled 2d6+29 and got 4, 6 ( Total: 39.0 )
PseudoGM: That sounds Bad For Phantoms.
PseudoGM: Yeah,
Wrench: Hits the three phantoms for 39 physical damage!
PseudoGM: That was Bad For Phantoms.
Wrench: Wrench's gun starts smoking, and -
Wrench hits it. It seems like it's holding together. [Reclaim]
Wrench: Also, Slow 1.
[OOC] PseudoGM: 39]x3!
PseudoGM: Two of the phantoms are blown away! [KO]
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for f w e a
[OOC] Sohl: phantom C sure has a lot of hit points
PseudoGM: idk what you mean
Sohl eyeglints and hurls two Earth motes at Phantom C! [Q, Earth]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 76 ( Total: 76 ) for 25
Sohl rolled 1d8+7 and got 3 ( Total: 10 ) for applied e-falter
[OOC] PseudoGM: KO]!
Sohl then goes after the Phantom Thief! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 17 ( Total: 17 ) for 80
Sohl rolled 1d6+9 and got 5 ( Total: 14 ) for axe bonus, applied k-falter
[OOC] PseudoGM: 14]!
PseudoGM: Harino?
Harino winds up [Full Attack] before slamming her blade at the Phantom Thief! [Whallop]
Harino rolled 1d100-30 and got 92 ( Total: 62.0 ) for 40/10, Revenge Drive
[OOC] Harino: -3 LP
Harino rolled 3d10+25 and got 4, 1, 2 ( Total: 32.0 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 32]!
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Harino also does 5 True Strike earth damage from the element saber, I think?
[OOC] Yin: Yeah, but she's R:Earth
[OOC] PseudoGM: 1] more, as she resists.
PseudoGM: But yes
[OOC] Harino: It's not like there's any other targets
Shuu cracks his knuckles "Let's see how you like being the focus of a strike pile now" he throws his axe upwards and towards the Phantom Thief, and with a backstep vanishes. He reappears behind her, his right fist glowing with a dark energy he slams her against the ground- He grabs his axe as it flies in his direction and does a single, powerful sweep sending her flying towards a wall
Shuu [Warp Strike]
Shuu rolled 1d100-15 and got 13 ( Total: -2.0 ) for 90/50
Shuu rolled 3d8+28 and got 3, 1, 6 ( Total: 38 )
Shuu strikes for [38] damage, then repositions himself
[OOC] PseudoGM: 38]!
PseudoGM: "Guhhh!"
PseudoGM: "Rah! Fuck this!" She throws her cloak off as the air distorts around her. [OD - Triple Threat]!
PseudoGM: She runs up and punches Shuu as hard as she can [Illusion Fist]
PseudoGM rolled d100+15 and got 97 ( Total: 112 ) for 80
Sohl: "You have to hit with the actual fist, not the illusion, by the by."
PseudoGM: Sighs, before attempting to grab him instead - [Circle Throw]
PseudoGM rolled d100+15 and got 48 ( Total: 63 ) for 80
Shuu sidesteps "You're just being vengeful now"
PseudoGM rolled d12+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 13 physical damage and Suppressing his Drive -4 as she earth combos, as Shuu gets pushes into the back row and lands on top of Wrench, True Striking her for 12 physical as well.
PseudoGM: She then whirls around and [Grapple]s Sohl.
PseudoGM rolled d100+15 and got 5 ( Total: 20 ) for 80
Shuu will not allow that, he grabs her wrist and counter-throws her off instead [2 LP]
PseudoGM rolled d8+15 and got 5 ( Total: 20 ) for Rush Combo
[OOC] Sohl: as much as I want to spend 7 LP to dodge that I won't
PseudoGM: Dealing 20 physical damage and inflicting Long Taunt, while gaining a Bubble(20).
[OOC] Sohl: is that before or after kshatter 2
PseudoGM: Before, so 26
PseudoGM: Which was not the exact sequence of actions she had been planning but it seems like missing that first attack threw off her rythm and sent her into a blind rage.
PseudoGM: And thats the end of round…. 3.
PseudoGM: Yin, save a momentum then act!
[Round 4]
Yin: Yin acts [Q]uickly, Pulling Shuu out of danger and taking his place ([Q] Row Switch: One ally can dash if another retreats and [Q] Drive Switch: Transfer 2 Drive from one ally onto another. Thanks to Double Switch)
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 50 ( Total: 50 ) for Yin draws her shiny new dagger, "It's Go Time!" (80/20)
PseudoGM: You don't actually OD now!
PseudoGM: Which is actually a good thing since it would be entirely wasted here….
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 ) for Spirit Strike (80/20) ((My bad, read the wrong line))
PseudoGM: Hits!
Yin rolled 1d6+8 and got 1 ( Total: 9.0 ) for Grants Sohl Short E-Power and Short E-Guard
[OOC] PseudoGM: 9]!
PseudoGM: Wrench,
Wrench fires a [Roaring Carbine] shot at the Thief!
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 ) for 80/10
[OOC] Wrench: C-Launch!
Wrench rolled 1d6+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16.0 )
Wrench: Hitting for 16 physical damage and Short K-Shatter II!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 16]!
PseudoGM: She goes flying back into the wall, then slums down.
[OOC] PseudoGM: KO
[OOC] PseudoGM: +30 EXP
[OOC] Sohl: are you sure she doesn't stand up with 1%
PseudoGM: Yes.
PseudoGM: you can roll the damage if you want though,
PseudoGM: just to see what it would have looked like
[OOC] Sohl: due to the bubble she had which should have made yin do 1 damage
PseudoGM: to briefly live the dream -
PseudoGM: Oh
PseudoGM: yeah actually you're right.
PseudoGM: at 3%!!
PseudoGM: now the dream is reality hachi
Sohl eats whatever mote he just generated [Q, The HP Ruse WAS A DISTRACTION Pure Mana] and he attacks! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for 80
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 22]!
PseudoGM: NOW she's down for the count!
PseudoGM: for real!!
Shuu walks over to the thief, kneels down beside to inspect her shadow cloak "Is this just… Your average magic, Sohl?"
Sohl: "Average magic, I wouldn't know- there's a kinda difference between 'magic' and 'spiritual beings…'?"
Sohl: "Yin could probably tell you better, but I -could- figure if there's some kind of spirit behind all this."
Yin: "We should probably not let her keep this" Yin comes over to inspect the cloak
Yin rolled 4d6 and got 1, 3, 5, 4 ( Total: 13 ) for Sorcery
PseudoGM: The cloak's just a clock. With really impressively dark dye.
Sohl rolled 4d6 and got 2, 3, 4, 1 ( Total: 10 ) for mystics
PseudoGM: Nothing magical at all about it, that was all the driftin.
Sohl [-1 LP]
Wrench walks over to the thief and crowds her, kneeling down, turning her by the chin to look her in the face.
PseudoGM: That wasn't a trick, there's really nothing magical about it!
Wrench: "So."
Wrench: "Y'under arrest."
[OOC] Sohl: yeah but like [is her soul partially held by a faraway entity] or something
PseudoGM: Oh.
Shuu nods to himself "So that qwas a pretty mundane problem, thankfully" he picks her up, rather carefully actually "Come on, let's go"
PseudoGM: No, not at far as you can tell. The magic remnents you were picking up before seem to be coming from inside of her, but it's definitely her own… lets go with essense.
Sohl: "That's our thief. I mean, just spiritually confirmin' it, 'n all."
PseudoGM: As for Yin: it's better than average magic, most people can only summon stuff with OD equvilant actions. But there's nothing particularly unusual beyond that, and you can think of a few other people you've seen do similar things before.
PseudoGM: There's no sass in responce to Wrench, kind clocked out. Guess that counts as not resisting arrest…?
Wrench slings her over the shoulder and marches her back to the clink.
PseudoGM: You find a few of the pendents in her pockets though, (and the rest where in her belongings, which you found earlier, of course.)
Harino: "At least she hadn't pawned them off yet… or at least most of them?"
Yin: "Hmmm. Becareful with those." Yin says as she lets the claok drop, "Don't want any unecessary Alloci brands."
Shuu was going to carry her but if Wrench is going to be doing it… He lets her "Let's go, however. I'm quite tired of waiting (and tkaing hits)"
PseudoGM: The dwarf at the desk and different familiar than the one from earlier glance at one another as you return to the phone house, then to Wrench.
PseudoGM: "Wow, that was fast." "Better than we could have hoped for!"
Harino shrugs. "We're good at what we do?"
Sohl: "We clean up messes."
PseudoGM: "You manage to find all the jewelry, too?"
Shuu: "IF not at all at least most of it"
Sohl: "Can probably interrogate her upon waking if she fenced some of it."
PseudoGM: "Dang." "Impressive!"
PseudoGM: "Uh, I guess I'll… hm. Actually go let the Elder know we got the thief, Dazen. They'll know where to hold her." The familiar gives a salute, then zooms out the door.
Sohl: "You're welcome!"
PseudoGM: "As for you guys, uh… Hand me over a credit stick and I'll transfer 100G over to you for a job well done. Can give you a little voucher for the Inn to let you stay the night, since you did it so damn cast and got the stuff back too."
Sohl: "Yeah! That's the stuff!"
Shuu: "Nice" he hands over a stick "I'll be honest, I could use that inn stay"
PseudoGM: And before too long you're all 20G richer, and have a free Inn stay to boot! Enjoy it! [Full City Functions Available, Too]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License