Toe 21

[F2012] Morning arrives, and with it a nicely prepared breakfast as well. The farmers load up Sohl with some cinnamon (not enough for trading, but more than enough for personal use), and from there it's not too long before you arrive at the stairs leading up to the next floor.
Wrench takes a deep, exultant breath. "That floor was great."
Yin: "Yeah, overall not a bad one. Let's hope that trend continues!"
Sohl checks the dot matrix to see if it has any news for them…
Wrench pulls on the stairwell door a few times. It's a little stuck from the damp, but - she flashes a smile over her shoulder. "C'mon, gimme another cakewalk."
PseudoGM: It'll seem even nicer as soon as you open the doorway leading to [F2012]. Not that the layout is particularly bad or anything - it seems to be you're pretty typical forest floor, with trees and small critters as far as the eye can see. No, what makes this floor a little less desirable is that when you open the door you can detect faint traces of miasma in the air.
Wrench wrinkles her nose. She hunches a bit lower.
Wrench: "…Y'might wanna hang back until I got the route. There's a leak."
Harino: "…That's not good."
Sohl: "Whoof."
Sohl: "Make big steps, 'cause if you're gone longer than an hour, we'll need to find ya'."
Yin covers her mouth and takes a couple large steps back from the door.
Yin: "Be careful!"
Wrench flexes an arm. "Y'see these? I'll be fine. It's you little punks that gotta be careful."
Wrench slips out to blaze the trail.
Wrench rolled 5d6 and got 3, 6, 6, 2, 1 ( Total: 18 ) for Navigation
Sohl grins.
Shuu: Shuu closes his eyes for a few moments as Wrench leaves "Hundred are pretty miasma resilient, still never a good idea to see it leaking in"
Harino: "Never is certainly the right word…"
Wrench returns.
Wrench: "Full,"
Wrench: "On,"
Wrench: "Breach."
Wrench flips the double bird in the vague direction of 'deeper into the wilderness'.
Sohl rubs his hat a bit deeper into his forehead and groans.
Wrench: "Hate to say it, but duty to repair."
Shuu takes a very deep sigh
Shuu: "Yep"
Harino: "This is going to suck majorly, isn't it?"
Shuu turns to look at the rest of the party "We'll have to go, this is extremely important… I can't tell you that it's safe at all for you, me and Wrench have resilience but not that much, won't tell you what to do exactly but just… Keep it in mind"
Sohl: "-yyyyyyyyyyyep! We'll just have to use the buddy system."
Sohl: "See your buddy go down, commence extraction. And we're all buddies."
Yin: "You wouldn't happen to have any rope on you, maybe Sohl?"
Sohl nods. "Never leave home without fifty feet'a hemp rope."
Wrench: "Oh, yeah, Harino, this is gonna be some proper trash, lemme tell ya."
Sohl: "And tent poles, and uh… kinda light on hooks, actually."
Sohl: "Need to make a lasso end."
Wrench: "Anyway, if any of y'all pass out or -" Wrench gives Yin a skeptical look "- whatever, I'll haul you out."
Wrench: "Just…" She spits, a little, and begins leading the way.
Sohl hefts his pack and hustles, keeping a bit closer than usual.
Shuu: Shuu goes along after Wrench, this is going to be bad
PseudoGM: It's not as bad going as you'd expect - the miasma inside of the tower is pretty light so it's less like you're drowning in smog and more like someone's older brother was trying to ht box a room and it started leaking out. Which is still annoying but on the whole managable.
PseudoGM: After a while though you do manage to make it to a particular part of the wall that Wrench found. And it turns out that when she said 'breach' it was in both senses of the words meaning: not only has miasma breached into the Tower, but… well… now that Wrench has removed its camoflauge, that's *undoubtedly* a door in the tower wall that leads outside.
Shuu: "A door?"
Shuu: "This is worse than I thought"
PseudoGM: It's closed at the moment, but inspecting it a little closer you can tell that the sealing around the outside has degraded and isn't functioning properly.
Shuu gets on closer and checks, are there signs that someone went in or out? Then again that'd be more Wrench's job
Sohl: "Whoa."
PseudoGM: It's definitely in use.
Wrench: "So…"
Wrench: "I mean, they must have punched right through the outer cladding. Can't just reseal it if they still want to use it."
Sohl: "Who'd do something so crazy?" He turns and looks at SHuu.
Shuu: "Worn out of use…" he sighs "I don't know, Sohl"
Shuu: "… Do we want to check to see if there's someone outside?" he thinks for am oment "Wrench can you see if they left any trail as to where they went to?"
Sohl: "I'm more of an expert of uh… what's -in- the tower. I guess… we'd just need a lot of rope? And strong hands?"
Wrench: "Yeah, I can, Shuu. Lemme…" She crouches down, tail flicking, and inspects for tracks. [Survival, yeah?]
PseudoGM: Towards both set of stairs, you're pretty sure.
Wrench: "…Hrrrmph. Okay."
Wrench: "I want you guys to get to a safe distance."
Wrench: "This is above our paygrade - we're gonna need to make a report to the Familiars. This is a construction rig kinda proble."
Shuu: "Looks like it"
Wrench: "But they won't come if they don't know how bad it is, and they won't come if it's not safe."
Wrench: "So I'm gonna get that door open and take a look."
Shuu: "Be careful, okay?"
Shuu moves the rest of the party to the Minimum Safe Distance
Yin gives Wrench plenty of room to work with.
Wrench steels herself and forces the door open.
Sohl hustles way the fuck back.
PseudoGM: It takes a bit of effort, but eventually you get it popped open and the first immediate thing you see is a catwalk grafted onto the side of the tower, wide enough for a fully geared person to comfortably walk along.
Wrench closes the door behind her, as much as she can, and walks out along the catwalk, honestly boggling at it. Out into the sky, like a mooring dock?
PseudoGM: Following along it with your eyes, it seems like it goes along the wall for a few feet, before it starts to switchback its way up the tower a small distance. It's then that you notice there are these…. bulbs? Capsols? Huts? Things attached to the outside of the Tower as well, with more scaffolds connecting them together.
PseudoGM: With some squinting… you think… you might see something moving around up there too?
Wrench levels her gun and shoots a "Warning Shot" into the roof of one of the capsules. Then she scrambles back inside and closes the door behind her.
Wrench: "COMPANY! Ambush positions!"
Shuu: Shuu is startled, what? Either way he moves out of sight of the doorway "Alright, alright"
Sohl: "Right!" He draws his axe and scurries into a bush!
PseudoGM: You briefly hear something that sounds like a siren go off before you slam the door shut.
Yin springs to her feet, panicked "What's going on out there?!"
Wrench scurries up into the treetops, herself.
Wrench: "They've got emplacements. Built up a whole dealio on the outside of our walls."
Wrench: "Only shot we've got at sealing this one is hurting em bad enough that they pull up stakes and leave."
PseudoGM: There's a weird groaning noise coming room the wall…
Wrench is real quiet up there, with gun real ready.
Yin finds her own hide and readies a spell.
Harino shakes her head, glad she already stretched as she gets her katana ready.
Sohl quietly shushes a curious mote.
PseudoGM: And a minute later a large section of the wall, much more than just the door, falls forward and onto the ground. There's a rush of wind as the pressure inside and outside o the tower equalize and miasma seeps inside. Hope you've got a mask or scarf or something at the very least.
PseudoGM: Hovering in the air where the wall fell forward, there's a large, strangely armored…. balloon? With a few people in strange suits and glass helmets with strange looking guns manning it.
PseudoGM: And you can feel them gathering up ambient magical energy to attack!
[Round 1]
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for GED vs Ballon- 80/35
PseudoGM: Hits the resistance!
PseudoGM rolled d10r1+17 and got 5 ( Total: 22.0 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 22]! K-Shattered as some of the armor plating falls off the front of the balloon!
[OOC] Yin: Dangit
[OOC] Yin: Thanks Ice
Wrench: Yin's running Masterwork - that's Long K-Shatter II, since burst. Right?
[OOC] Yin: So I am!
PseudoGM: Init List incase the server eats it: Yin / War Balloon / Wrench / Shuu / Sohl / Harino / Second Action
[OOC] Wrench: I have everything else memorized, but if anyone still has it up, what was my drive?<3
[OOC] Sohl: 13/18
[OOC] Yin: I show 13/18
[OOC] Wrench: ty
PseudoGM: Aha.
PseudoGM: K-Shatter II then!
[OOC] Yin: Also, M-Earth
[OOC] Yin: up for grabs
[OOC] Wrench: I'll take it~
Dicebot:// Adding earth
PseudoGM: //One of the people on board starts shouting out orders as Yin's spell rips through it. [Defend - Jury-rigging] Gains a Bubble(10) and Cleanses the K-Shatter!

PseudoGM: Wrench?
Sohl: "Aw, well, a support crew -is- worth their weight in creds!"
Wrench drops from the treetops, slams a stake into her gun, and fires an AA shot, out of nowhere, right into the side of the balloon's cladding. It hums and crackles like lightning. [Magnetic Stake] [C-Earth]
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 83 ( Total: 83 ) for 80/10
[OOC] Wrench: -1 LP!
Wrench rolled 1d6+15 and got 6 ( Total: 21.0 )
Wrench: Hits for 22 physical damage and Slows 2!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 7]!
PseudoGM: Shuu?
Shuu appears out of nowhere, above the baloon "Go down!" he punches it, with a fist encased on dark energy! [From Beyond] [C-Earth]
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 ) for 90/20
PseudoGM: Hits!
Shuu rolled 1d8+10 and got 8 ( Total: 18 ) for Long E-Shatter, Short K-Shatter II
Shuu falls to the ground and quickly returns to his battle position "What are they even doing…"
[OOC] PseudoGM: 13]!
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 3d4 and got 4, 4, 1 ( Total: 9 ) for f w e a
Sohl lobs an Air mote at the balloon! [Q, Wind 0 - True Strike 6 Air Damage]
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness! [7]!
[OOC] Sohl: so… 11?
[OOC] Wrench: it's defending :<
[OOC] Sohl: D:
[OOC] Sohl: plus another 3 for long e-shatter
PseudoGM: ohright. [9]!
Sohl charges forward and does a hop, striking at the bottom of the balloon! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 43 ( Total: 43 ) for 80
Sohl rolled 1d6+18 and got 3 ( Total: 21 ) for added k-shatter II
[OOC] PseudoGM: 16]!
PseudoGM: Harino?
Harino jumps up and slams her katana into it! [Whallop, C-Pin]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 ) for 70
Harino rolled 1d10*2+10*2 and got 8 ( Total: 36.0 ) for plus K-shatter damage x2?
[OOC] PseudoGM: 31]!
[OOC] Harino: Didn't actually add the K-shatter damage yet, so how much more is that? 6 or 12?
PseudoGM: lets say 6
[OOC] Sohl: heresy
PseudoGM: There's a bunch of yelling in a language you're not really familiar with, before a [Flamethrower - C1] pops up from the balloon and lets loose a torrent of flames mainly on Harino,
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 )
PseudoGM rolled d8+17 and got 1 ( Total: 18 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 18 fire damage to Harino, and True Striking Shuu and Sohl for 10 fire damage.
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round one!
[Round 2]
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin: Overdrive! (War Body- Long Liberation I, Short Focus I, and Short Elemental Power I)
Yin: Yin’s form dissolves into the fluid shape of the [War Body], arcane energy crackling around its fingertips, powering up the next spell!
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 ) for AUM Vs War ballon (C-Pin, Auto hit)
Harino blocks with her shield [-10] and triggers the Long Shock from the Lantern Shield!
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness!
Yin rolled 1d10r1+22: (1, 1, 8) [Total: 30.0 (High), Avg and got 8.00
[OOC] PseudoGM: 30]!
PseudoGM: Wrench?
Sohl: "Y'all in trouble now!"
Wrench: "Ain't that the truth." Wrench spins her gun around and holsters it on her back, and breaks into a dash. [O.D: Ferocity - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIdHMrNvHQ]
Wrench jumps onto the deck of the war balloon. She bites one of the crew members in the neck and hurls another off the side.
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 ) for 90/20
[OOC] Wrench: -1 LP!
PseudoGM: to make it… a 24?
Wrench: … [-2 LP!]
PseudoGM: OK
Wrench rolled 3d6+18 and got 4, 6, 5 ( Total: 33.0 )
Wrench strews havoc to the tune of 33 physical damage, short K-Shatter I, and Slow 1!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 33]! And some debuffs for your follow up.
Wrench clicks her bracelet into place and fires a blaze of Semi-Auto shots into the balloon from below.
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for 80/30
Wrench rolled 1d6+17 and got 6 ( Total: 23.0 )
Wrench: For 23 physical damage!
Wrench scurries back inside.
[OOC] PseudoGM: 23]!
PseudoGM: Shuu?
Wrench: Oh, and that's another Slow 1.
Shuu doesn't draws his axe out this time, instead he draws out his second weapon, his sword "Who are you idiots to leave the door open…" he raises the blade up as the halo of light on his back flares up "Dimension Cutter!" he runs up and his old thrusters come to life with renewed vigor as he delivers a passing slash on the War Balloon, vanishing as he does so. Then a second slash,
Shuu leaving a glowing trail, and another, and another until five glowing trails have formed in the shape of a star. Shuu reappears above the Balloon "Finishing Strike!" and hurls the blade down [OD: Dimension Cutter]
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for 90/70
Shuu rolled 2d8+14 and got 2, 3 ( Total: 19 ) for Oh well I wasn't hidden, no matter.
[OOC] PseudoGM: 19]!
Shuu then reappears behind the party, resheathing his blade as another shockwave strikes the Balloon [Q - Crashing Exit] [Options, Options]
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 69 ( Total: 69 ) for 100/25
[OOC] PseudoGM: 8]!
PseudoGM: …Sohl?
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for f w e a
Shuu is also getting that [C-Rush] on Options, Options, effect is next turn
Sohl pops an Air mote into his mouth and grabs two fire motes with his hands- he pitches them both at the balloon in a helix pattern, and then spits the Air mote at the flurry! [Q, Inferno]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 ) for 25
Sohl grins and gestures with his Sorcerer's Wand! [-1 Charge - +1 Potency Die]
Sohl rolled 2d6+18 and got 6, 5 ( Total: 29 ) for added e-shatter
[OOC] PseudoGM: 29]!
Sohl then follows up with a hopping axe strike! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 83 ( Total: 83 ) for 80
Sohl hits! [-1 LP]
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 3 ( Total: 15 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 15]!
PseudoGM: Harino?
Harino grimaces as she wonders just what a war party can do [Overdrive Read] before hopping up and smacking it again! [Lode Strike, C-Launch+5]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 82 ( Total: 82 ) for 80/10
[OOC] Harino: -1 LP, is this starting again? >_<
Harino rolled 1d10+16 and got 1 ( Total: 17.0 ) for Short Curse II and Short Challenge II
[OOC] PseudoGM: 17]! Short Cursed and Challenged!
PseudoGM: As for the OD… you can feel it in your bones, Harino. It's the [Nova Regulus], probably in exhaust mode.
PseudoGM: The Balloon… [Defend]ing away the Curse and gaining a Bubble(10), then sets off its [Flamethrower - C2] on Harino!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled d8+14 and got 7 ( Total: 21 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 21 fire damage and inflicting Long Burning.
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round 2!
Harino partially blocks that. [-5]
[Round 3] Bubble(10) on it!
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin tilts her head to the side, analyzing the injured ship, then sketches UX, aimed at Harino!
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 ) for UX at Harino
PseudoGM: Shuu?
[OOC] Yin: Long burning saved with UX in chronicle, +MP
Shuu pulls out his charm from wherever he keeps it, wrapping it around his right hand as he draws his axe. He tosses the axe up in the sky and disappears. He reappears above the War Balloon, grabs his axe and spins in the air "New get out of here!" and tosses it with meteoric force [Warp Strike] [C-Fire] [Q-Wrought Charm]
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 ) for 90/20
Shuu will strike with apocalyptice for! [-3 LP]
Shuu rolled 3d8+33 and got 7, 3, 8 ( Total: 51 ) for Wrought Charm has LP effect x2, +1 damage/LP spent from Slayer's Charm
PseudoGM: THat's a lot of damage. [41]!
PseudoGM: Wrench?
Shuu lands on the ground, and picks up his axe that made it's way through the machine of war, returning to his position in party
Wrench defends, reloads, and kicks a [Clip Explosion] for 5 physical damage at the war balloon!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 5]!
PseudoGM: Harion?
Harino slams her blade into the War Balloon! [Strike Down, C-Launch]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 1d10+14 and got 7 ( Total: 21.0 ) for -2 Drive
[OOC] PseudoGM: 21]!
PseudoGM: And Sohl?
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse in 1
Yin rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
Yin: //Sohl flicks a bright mote of Fire for [9]!

[OOC] PseudoGM: 9
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 33 ( Total: 33 ) for Axe attack!
Yin rolled 1d6+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 ) for He runs up and smashes his axe against the War Ballon!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 16]!
PseudoGM: The War Balloon lets of a series of attacks, first a [Spike Magnet - C2] into Harino, then a [Flamethrower - C1]!
PseudoGM rolled 2#d100+15(1) and got 37 ( Total: 52 )
Also rolled 2#d100+15(2) and got 21 [Total: 36]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 88
PseudoGM rolled 1d8+14 and got 3 ( Total: 17 )
d8+14: 3 [Total: 17]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 34
PseudoGM: Dealing 17 air damage to Harino while True Striking Wrench for 14 air, then dealing 17 fire damage to Harino and True Striking Shuu and Sohl for 10 fire.
[Round 4]!
PseudoGM: Yin?
Shuu tries his best to shield himself from the fire "Didn't honestly think we'd deal with an attack during this travel"
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 ) for Yin terminates the current spells with IX! (Excluding UX)
Yin: !Roll 1d10r1+20; GED LOD AUM IX! IX resonates in the air before blasting into the side of the War Baloon bolstered by the previous spells (Air damage!)
Dicebot:// Dice Sides Error: Unable to parse 10r1 in 1d10r1+20
PseudoGM: //gotta !sugar that

Yin rolled 1d10r1+20 and got 2 ( Total: 22.0 ) for GED LOD AUM IX! IX resonates in the air before blasting into the side of the War Baloon bolstered by the previous spells (Air damage!)
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness for [22]!
PseudoGM: Wrench?
Wrench fires a shot!
Wrench rolled 1d6+14 and got 4 ( Total: 18.0 )
Wrench: For 18 physical damage!
PseudoGM: The shot peirces through the balloon, and it behind to rapidly deflate. [KO]
[OOC] PseudoGM: +22 EXP
[OOC] Shuu: Question: Did they blow the door out of it's hinges?
PseudoGM: No, the door is still fine…. inside of the section of the wall they blew out.
PseudoGM: There's more hollaring in that language you can't exactly parse, and a few of the strangely suited balloon operators hop out of it as it lightly crashes into the ground, with one of them pulling a walkie talkie out and shouting something loudly into it.
[OOC] Yin: I think the blew out the wall to get the ballon in here. Are there any survivors?
PseudoGM: There's another rush of air, along with mild spatal distortions similar to the ones that activate when Shuu uses his powers,
Sohl: "Oi!" He points his axe at the shouter- and the distortions!
Shuu blinks "They're going to retreat!" not like he minds them retreating he just wants the door sealed again
Yin fades back to herself, though the misty shape of her War Body takes longer than normal to dissapate in here. "Oh Gods, what now?!"
PseudoGM: and then a moment later a massive Maxwellian - about a foot taller than Shuu, with silver plated shoulder guards and weilding a massive greatsword set aflame - slams into the ground between the party and the war balloon.
Shuu stares up at her, taking a couple of steps back "It's you"
PseudoGM: "Fall back! I'll hold them off!" The suited people quickly gather a few things, before running towards the breach.
PseudoGM: "…Shuu?!"
Shuu: "Lenna, hi" he sort-of smiles "What exactly is going on here?"
PseudoGM: She shifts one foot back, readjusting her stance to a more defensive one rather than offensive, but the flaming sword still pointed towards the party.
PseudoGM: "…What are you doing here?"
Shuu: "This exact moment? Fixing a miasma leak"
Harino: "In general? Uh, climbing the tower?"
Sohl: "…fixin' an even bigger hole, now!"
Shuu: "In general? We're going up the tower, to the core… To figure out what is going on and fix it, and maybe remember what I lost at that moment"
PseudoGM: She sighs. "Dammit. I knew that shitty strip wasn't going to work as a decent seal long term…"
Shuu: "Don't mind letting them off the hook if we can patch up the door, for what's worth"
PseudoGM: Then a frown. "Ah… you could say I'm doing the same, I guess. Suppose neither of us really got over that… event, huh?"
Shuu shakes his head slightly "How could I? Especially when… When whatever happened went as far as stealing my memories?"
Shuu: "I suppose you're making your way from the outside with their help?"
PseudoGM: The flames on the sword die down, and she slings it over her shoulder. "…Something like that."
PseudoGM: "…Actually I guess I could tell you…"
PseudoGM: "…I'm planning on helping them steal the core."
Shuu crosses his arms "Stealing the core?"
Shuu: "Isn't the tower dependant on it?"
Sohl: "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh I have existential objections to that!"
Yin: "…Is that possible?"
PseudoGM: She rolls a shrug to Shuu, then glances over at Sohl. "Why's that?"
Sohl: "I kinda live here!"
PseudoGM: "Did you even KNOW that thing existed before you met Shuu?"
Shuu: "As he said, doing so would be… Considerably reckless, and particularly endanger the people of the Tower"
Sohl: "Doesn't matter, does it?"
Shuu: "But, you know… I can't even be sure the tower really depends on it as it is…"
PseudoGM: "It does matter! Why would you assume it's some key component to the Tower's function if no one's ever heard about it before and you don't even know what it is…?"
Wrench looks at her claws.
Sohl: "Wrong again!"
Wrench: "You know what?"
Shuu: "So, can I ask one thing? I won't try to stop you from getting there, but just don't do anyting that'd endanger the people that live here"
Sohl: "Society depends on gravity without knowin' what it is!"
Shuu: "Can you do that?"
Wrench: "You seal up this breach, we'll handle the core when we get there."
Shuu: "And yeah, we're going to have to seal this up right whatever way we go about it"
PseudoGM: Lenna levels a flat, blank stare in Sohl's direction.
Sohl: "I know the tower's an incredibly complex series of interweaving systems that, yeah, I defintely don't fully understand."
Sohl: "But I'm also willin' to bet you don't either" !
PseudoGM: "I mean, sealing up the wall's fine. Only reason it got blasted down was one of you… you I'm assuming…" She gestures vaguely towards Wrench, "Opened fire from below… but."
Wrench sniffs. "Huh, is that what happened…?"
PseudoGM: "I wouldn't claim *I* fully well know how the Tower works, either, but *they* know what the core actually is, and what it *COULD* be doing, rather than being locked up, sealed away and forgotten."
Sohl: "The dantali, is the 'they'?"
Shuu tilts his head "Care to share that information?"
PseudoGM: …All this new exposure to the miasma… especially in combat… is starting to take it's toll on most of you…
PseudoGM: "Yeah, the Dantali."
PseudoGM: "They call it a devil stone, which is a weird name for a sacred object I guess… but maybe not so weird considering the Alloci summoned demons and devil consultant to build the tower in the first place…"
Sohl strokes his beard. "Some would say that's quite the matter of definition."
PseudoGM: "But anyway. The devil stone. It's a sacred object of worship and power. Safe guarded by the Dantali for centuries. Until the Alloci stole it from them when the miasma came. Which was a really shitty thing to do considering…"
Yin: "Do they have any evidence of that or is that just what they say? They didn't exactly jump at the chance to build the tower if I'm remembering my history lessons."
PseudoGM: "That the devil stone can be uses to errect a barrier that prevents the spread of miasma… and could have been used to get rid of it entirely had it been used properly… if the Alloci hadn't been so intent on taking over the damn world in a way no one could fight back against them."
Wrench: "Alright, my pals are gettin' woozy." She levels her gun. "So I'm cutting this short."
Wrench: "Seal your damn breach or I'm callin' the Familiars down on this floor."
Wrench: "You screw up another entryway the same way, I'll do it again."
Wrench: "We clear?"
Sohl: "Thank you, Wrench." He leans against a bush.
Shuu puts a hand on his forehead "Wrench, really?" he sighs "We better get to sealing that before someone loses it, one way or another"
Wrench shrugs. "They got a damn construction rig out there. They can do it."
Shuu starts heading towards the doorway, examining it over to see what could be done "They also don't really know how to do it since if you'll remember they tried before and it failed, as she commented"
PseudoGM: A long pause, followed by a sigh. "They've got records in their underground bunkers, from before the world was lost. Just think about it, Shuu. I'll look you up later. Don't want to overstay my welcome from the Hundred." Another glance around to make sure the Dantali got out - seems like they did, and even managed to drag out the ballon
Shuu: "So, okay we can probably leave the heavy work with them but can we try to find a better way to seal up this door?
PseudoGM: Then she tosses her sword into the air, which vanished, and she activats her jump jets and flys out of the hole in the wall.
Shuu: "I'll definitely keep it in mind, Lenna. Good luck out there"
Sohl waits until she's out of sight, then he starts taking deep, slightly uncontrolled breaths.
Sohl: "(Yeah I definitely am not up for another fight right about now…)"
PseudoGM: It's starting to get to Shuu too, now. That's a *lot* of miasma rolling in.
Shuu groans
Wrench: "Yeah, we gotta get out of here. Let's hope they patch up the damn thing and I'll report it next chance we get."
Harino: "I'm with… Wrench. Let's get… out of here."
Wrench: "They'll take a breach this big seriously and do it right. Not our job."
Shuu: "Close door, patch with tape" he turns to the rest of the party "Y'all get away" he looks at Wrench "Just to hold the intrusion a little bit so it doesn't settles into the lower floor before the familiars get here"
Wrench: "Who's the fuckin' Hundred here." She gets out her toolkit and does, indeed, do the crappy patch job Shuu is recommending, down to lifting the fallen wall back into place.
[OOC] Wrench: This is probably a Strength check followed by a Mechanisms check, right?
Yin: "Well, she seems… interesting?" Yin stumbles a bit, suddenly dizzy, and thinks twice about walking over to examine the hole. "Any idea where the stairs are?"
PseudoGM: Oh, no. That's… that's way too much wall to lift. When you go over there to check, though, you can be pretty sure you see some people with tools coming down at least.
Shuu didn't mean to tell Wrench not to do this, she's the only one that can
PseudoGM: …It's kind of slow going moving out, though Shuu and probably whip up some make shift mask/filters to make walking easier while Wrench supports the rest of the group, since carrying *people* is defintiely within her bounds.
Wrench leaves it to the Dantali, then. (I mean, if they're gonna handle their breach, that's what she wanted.) Picks up Sohl and Harino and hauls.
PseudoGM: The air does get a bit cleaner the closer to the stairs you get through, which happened to be in the opposite direction of the leak.
Yin follows close behind Wrench, resisting the urge to hold onto her tail like a lead.
Shuu offers a hand to Yin, or will carry her if that's the case
Shuu: "Really hate this miasma business"
PseudoGM: …And once you get inside the stairwell, Wrench and Shuu can set up a makeshift seal for it, to keep the miasma from spreading any futther. Which helps a lot with the whole being able to breath and your body not feeling like it's melting thing.
Yin: "I think I can make it." She smiles at Shuu, "Thank you though"
Sohl reclines on the stairs. "Ohhhhhh stairs, stairs. We're always so happy to see 'em in one form or another."
Wrench: "Well, that was horrible."
Shuu: "In more ways than one"
Harino: "No kidding…"
Sohl: "Yeah… I really gotta work on my rhetoric."
Shuu looks up for a moment "We'll need to go back down to get the Familiars first before we keep going up"
Yin: "Any chance there might be some to report to on the next floor up?"
Shuu: "Don't remember right now"
Sohl: "It's alright… we can take 5, or however long it takes, and then head back down and report it."
Sohl: "Not like we have to keep pickin' a fight with 'em each time we pass by."
Sohl: "Unless they just take out a whole set'a degrees in the wall, which…" He flops back onto the stairs.
Wrench: "Actually," Wrench says.
Wrench: "They got a construction rig. They'll seal it right this time, 'cause they know why they got caught."
Wrench: "Maybe we shouldn't report it."
Shuu: "Hrm… If they're doing the job, then i'm fine with it"
Sohl: "Deferrin' to y'all!"
Shuu: "Let's leave it to them"
Sohl points at Harino, [Quenching] her thirst for HP! [+18 HP]
Yin thinks it over, then gives a sharp nod. "Yeah, you're right."
PseudoGM: Well, that was exciting, huh? I assume no one's too keen on sleeping in the stairwell, so when you eventually check on the next floor… … … …
Wrench: Yeah, sleeping in the stairwell is a good way to get murdered by a monster.
PseudoGM: There's no miasma. Actually the floor in general seems oddly tranquil. There's a lot of flat grass land, preppers with flower beds here and there and a few small ponds scattered around.
Wrench sniffs the air. "Well, seal's holding up here, at least."
Shuu whistles as he looks around "A garden floor, and a well maintained one at that"
Harino: "Looks really nice, at least."
Sohl: "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that air!"
Shuu looks at a nearby pond "We could camp nearby there, water avaiable if necesasry too"
Sohl: "Yep, yep yep… perfect place to camp."
Sohl: "Oh, and… don't step on the flowers!" And he walks toward the pond.
Yin flops onto a nice soft looking spot, breathing deeply. "Muuuuch niceer up here."
Sohl rolled 6d6 and got 2, 2, 6, 6, 6, 4 ( Total: 26 ) for survival
[OOC] Shuu: The roll agrees
It is indeed a good place to camp. [The night passes uneventfully.] A sprig of mint and a bit of fizzy drink later, and the miasma aftertaste is almost gone! …almost. [+4 MP] [+4 MP] [+10 HP]
Sohl [-1 LP] to turn the 4 into a 5.
PseudoGM: Almost.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License