Toe 15

[F2010] Morning arrives. It's probably a little confusing waking up in the small, capsel style rooms until you remember where you are. There's a hearty breakfast being serves down in the open common area with fresh fruits and pasteries. Yesterday Harino got a fair bit of information on a jump - basically checking out the water treatment plant on this floor and clearing it out of some gremlins that broke into it along with some warning on the different kinds. Wrench even managed to turn up a map of the place, too.
Shuu: "The water treatment plant, huhn… Why did the goblins take that place over?"
[OOC] Shuu: *gremlins
Harino shrugs. "My guess is either they're being annoying, or they saw something shiny."
Wrench lays the map out on the table. (( http://storagebin.wdfiles.com/local-files/tower-of-eternity/Water%20Treatment%20Plant.png ))
Wrench: "Monsters will nest in the damnedest places. Had to muck out a duwasp nest from a heat exchange once."
Yin looks over the map "Maybe it's another neglected outpost? I doubt anyone has been keeping it up."
Shuu looks at the map "I wish I understood monsters a little better…" he checks it over "Imagine we're not taking the front entrance?"
Wrench: "Don't think so. Bet they've got it barricaded. We might as well keep the element of surprise for a tiny bit."
Yin nods in agreement. "Surprise is good."
Shuu: "Good start means a good end, yes?" he looks "Any idea what's in this containment area?"
Harino shakes her head. "All I heard about was the various types of gremlins that might be holed up in there, I'll tell you guys all about them on the way."
Wrench crosses her arms and leans back, pushing her feet up against the table. You know, big ol chair-tilt kind of lean back. "Somethin' horrible, Shuu."
Shuu: "Let's be cautious in that area, then"
Wrench: "But if we're cleaning the place out, we have to check it, right?"
Shuu: "That's generally what's in containment areas, sadly"
Shuu: "I just hope it's not too much of a hassle"
Yin: "Alright," Yin stretches as she leans back from the table, surprisingly unchanged after the rest in town, "The sooner we get the place cleared, the sooner we can figure out what's gone wrong and fix it. I'm ready"
Shuu nods, he stands up still holding a some bread "Agreed. Shall we, then?"
Harino: "Might as well get to it."
Wrench leans forward and rolls the map up. "Might as well."
PseudoGM: While it's still technically part of the town, it's quite a bit of a ways out, a bit past the outskirts and near one of the corners of the floor. On the upside, there's a road that leads out there, so it's still easier going than normal. The building is pretty big - very nearly goes up to the ceiling, and the only reason it doesn't is some giant pipe vents coming out of the top and then through the wall.
PseudoGM: It's pretty easy to see why just busting through the front entrance might not be the greatest idea as you're walking past the large windowed doors - There's two large mecha gremlins watching it very intently, along with one of the secruity guard robots and another gremlin rooting around in desks at random.
Shuu: "At least they have some mind for security…"
Wrench sniffs the air and takes the lead, slipping past the doors on the way to the side entrance through the drains, flashing a rude gesture in the general direction of them while they're undercover.
PseudoGM: There's a few more of those pipes near the ground level on the sides of the buildings, and Wrench leads you over to one in particular with both a loose grating, which appears to not currently be of use either.
Shuu looks at the piping "Unused filter output, huhn? Good idea"
Wrench gnaws the grating off its rusted hinges and sets it down to one side. "Open pfs-sesame, babe."
PseudoGM: It's a bit of a squeeze for Wrench and Shuu both, but they're probably used to that from their jobs anyway. After a bit of crawling through the pipe and pushing through another loose grating, you find yourself in a large open hallway, with passages leading both north and south.
Shuu crawls along in a somewhat awkward position (what is going on with that arm) and nearly slithers out the other end, falling on a lump for a moment before he straightens himself "Those markings are gremlin groups?" he points to the map
Wrench squints at them as she assembles her gun. "Could be water stains."
Yin: "To the computers or deal with what's in containment?" Yin asks in a hushed whisper while keeping a look out for wandering gremlins
Wrench looks up at the rafters - power's off, yeah?
Shuu: "Hrm… Let's check the containment area. Better not to leave the most potentially dangerous area to when we're low on resources"
Harino: "Could check the generators after that, too."
Wrench: "Let's bust right through."
PseudoGM: It's mostly off? Every once in a while it flicks on before turning off again, but you can stil hear the beeping of some machines running despite that.
PseudoGM: Sounds like North then!
Shuu looks north, he draws out his axe "Alright, let's go"
PseudoGM: Alright. As you head up, you enter an area with dim red lights on. There's a large number of different tanks in the area, though most seem empty. The machinery in this area seems like it's still functioning… which is readily apparently because you see a smaller gremlin standing on one of the panels randomly pushing at buttons. There's a larger one that's gnawing on a moitor, along with two others that look bored and covered in metal.
Shuu stands there, staring. Waiting for the opening gunshot to indicate it's time to charge
PseudoGM: One of the metal ones noticed you after a couple of moments and lets out a grunt, followed by the other three turning to face the party and making surprised nosies.
Wrench crouches behind one of the empty tanks, lines up, and - oh, she missed her chance!
PseudoGM: And by two metals I mean one metal and tow hungries,
PseudoGM: obviously.
[Round One]! The Metal Gremlin starts battles with Long Energize II! The Curious Gremlin starts battles with Long Liberation!
PseudoGM: The Curious Goblin glances around, before pulling a panel off the side of the machinery, reaches it hand inside, then pulling a [Sparking Thing] out! It then tosses it at Hungry Gremlin A! [+2 Drive, Short K-Power II]!
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin rolled 2d4 and got 3, 1 ( Total: 4 ) for essance for sohl- FWEA
Yin activates her mystics bead, generating a spark of air momentum!
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 92 ( Total: 92 ) for Divine arrow vs. Curious gremlin
Yin: -1LP
PseudoGM: Hits!
Yin rolled 1d10+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 ) for Eyeing the heavily armored gremlin, Yin takes aim at the little one pushing buttons and lets off a Divine arrow (C:Air). The light from the arrow fragments and lodges into each enemy
[OOC] Yin: That's me
[OOC] PseudoGM: 13]!
PseudoGM: Hungry Gremlin breaks away from the monitor it was chewing on, and attempts to sample Harino instead! [Rip&Tear]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 14 ( Total: 14 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled 1d8+15 and got 2 ( Total: 17 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 17 physical and inflicting Long K-Shatter!
Harino partially blocks it with her shield! [-5]
PseudoGM: And also causes the metal on your shield and weapon to heat up somehow, in the process? [Combo: Air] Inflicts Long Burning, as well!
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Yin rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for FWEA
Yin: Sohl consumes a mote of fire and Direct Heals[Q] Harino for 8HP and cleanses her of her burning!
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for Axe vs. Hungry Gremlin A
PseudoGM: Crits!
[OOC] PseudoGM: +1 die and +4 damage
Yin rolled 2d6+12 and got 2, 5 ( Total: 19 ) for He rushes the hungry goblin and bashes him with a blow from his axe!
PseudoGM: And then axes have a special property where they deal +4 damage on round where you activate [Q] abilities, so he hits for a solid [23]!
PseudoGM: Hungrey Gremlin leaps on top of Harnio, attempting to help the other gremlin gnaw through her armor. [Attack]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 47 ( Total: 47 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled 1d8+17 and got 2 ( Total: 19 )
PseudoGM: Hitting for 19 physical!
PseudoGM: Wrench?
Wrench adjusts her bracelet and pops out of cover, firing a [Magnetic Stake] into Hungry Gremlin A!
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 27 ( Total: 27 ) for C80
PseudoGM: Hits!
Wrench: It strikes through, sparking and flashing, anchoring him to one of the full containment pods behind him. [-2 LP for Critical]
Wrench rolled 2d6+24 and got 3, 6 ( Total: 33.0 )
Wrench: Hitting for 33 physical damage and Slow !
Wrench: Slow 1.
[OOC] PseudoGM: 33]!
PseudoGM: Harino?
Harino follows up by slamming her katana down on Hungry A! [Whallop, C-Pin]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 56 ( Total: 56 ) for 70
PseudoGM: Hits!
Harino rolled 1d10*2+10*2 and got 6 ( Total: 32.0 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 32]!
Wrench: "Harino, you know you're my favorite, right?"
Harino: "Umm, maybe?"
PseudoGM: The Metal Gremlin shakes itself as it shimmers slightly, before dashing forward and leaping into the air, bringing both hands together before laying into Harino with a [Heavy Hit]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 25 ( Total: 25 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled d8+18 and got 2 ( Total: 20 )
Wrench ducks behind cover as the gremlin CLANGS into Harino.
Wrench: "Just checkin'!"
PseudoGM: Dealing 20 physical damage, and inflicting Short Shock and Slow 2!
PseudoGM: Shuu?
Harino winches, bringing her shield up to absorb some of that. [-10]
Shuu: "I suppose I got the mopup now, then" he draw his axe and flips backwards, throwing his axe towards the and disappearing. The axe arcs in the air until it's above the enemy formation- Shuu reappears above it, he spins in the air once and kicks downwards, starting a freefall, and plants his right foot on the hilt of the axe, bringing it down as a meteor [Explosive Entry]
Shuu rolled 2d100 and got 62, 50 ( Total: 112 ) for 90/20
Shuu strikes down with explosive force on Hungry Gremlin A and the Curious Gremlin while burning shockwaves scatter to the remaining enemies
Shuu rolled 1d8+10 and got 7 ( Total: 17 )
Shuu strikes Hungry A and Curious for [17] Physical, Metal for [5] Physical and Hungry B for [8] Fire from his weapon ability
Shuu flips back into the party's formation
[OOC] Shuu: Uhn, wait, that'd be also another [8] on the Curious
[OOC] Shuu: Since one on each row
[OOC] PseudoGM: 17][17][5] [8][13]! The Hungry Gremlins are W: Fire!
PseudoGM: As the Gremlins are flung off of Harino from the force of Shuu's blow, the hungry gremlin begins snapping it's jaws at the air as if it's eating something…? [Gains Long Fire Absorption II]
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round one!
[Round 2]!
Wrench scratches her chin as she spins her gun around, preparing to line up her next shot. "Hmm… that's a lot of points, but I think Harino's still on top."
PseudoGM: The Curious Gremlin pulls out another [Sparking Thing: Rush Combo] and tosses it to the Hungry Gremlin! [+2 Drive, Short K-Power II, +10HP]
PseudoGM: Yin!
Shuu: "I'll be honest, when has it going she really has it going
Yin: Overdrive!
Yin rolled 1d10+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 ) for ((Earth)) An avatar of bright green light glows and swirls around Yin, obscuring her within the ethereal figure of Tan-Y-Vull, the Foolish Boar. With a gesture and a stomp of her foot it leaves her, charging into the enemy ranks in the shape of a huge, tusked creature- ravaging across each enemy before dissipating into flickering motes of light.
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 97 ( Total: 97 ) for Lightning vs Metal Gremlin
PseudoGM: Hits the resistance on the Metal Gremlin, that that grounds it and causes it to lose it's Energize! [11][16][16]!
Yin rolled 1d10+14 and got 1 ( Total: 15 ) for ((Air)) With a slight smell of ozone the shards of arrow in each other gremlin shatters, hitting each of them with the force of this attack!
PseudoGM: The Hungry Gremlin and Curios Gremlin are both resistant to air! [15][10][10]!
PseudoGM: Sohl!
Yin rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for FWEA
Yin: Sohl hits the Curious Gremlin with a [q]uick snap of an Earth mote, inflicting short K Shatter on it
[OOC] Shuu: Anyway
Yin: Then he pushes Warmth over Harino- Cleansing her of her Long K shatter!
PseudoGM: Debuffs and Cleanses!
[OOC] Yin: I'm done with Sohl I think
Harino: "I'm sorry Wrench, but I'm going to have to say I think Sohl's my favourite."
Wrench: "We got a proper lady on our hands."
PseudoGM: Okay. Hungry Gremlin A decides that Sohl is making its life difficult, and leaps over to [Rip&Tear: Air Combo] him instead this time!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 56 ( Total: 56 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled d8+16 and got 3 ( Total: 19 )
Wrench tries to jam the canister attachment onto the barrel of her gun, but it won't quite fit. She frowns. She snorts.
PseudoGM: Dealing 19 physical damage, and inflicting Long K-Shatter and Long Burning both to the dwarf!
[OOC] Yin: -3 from armor?
PseudoGM: Yup, armor effects physical damage.
[OOC] Yin: Also, the CG has Short k shatter as well
Wrench awkwardly half-latches it onto the barrel of her gun and dashes forward, hammering her gun against the Metal Gremlin until the damn thing finally jams into mostly-place. She triumphantly gives the Metal Gremlin another whack with her gun - it goes off. [Canister Shot]
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 75 ( Total: 75 ) for C80/10
Wrench rolled 1d6+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12.0 )
PseudoGM: yeah. It's just WAY too much effort for me to mark down the shorts on the cards and then have to individually remove them at the end of the round, so I only bother with the longs.
Wrench: Hitting the Metal Gremlin for 12 physical damage and Slow 1! Shrapnel bites into the Curious Gremlin for 5+3 physical damage! (+3 Boosted by Shatter.)
[OOC] PseudoGM: 12][8]!
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Wrench: (I think we double-slowed the metal gremlin, Harino is still a lil slower)
PseudoGM: Oh
PseudoGM: Shuu got the turn advantage then!
[OOC] Shuu: Wait what
[OOC] Shuu: Me again?!
PseudoGM: The round hasn't been that fast
PseudoGM: but yes
Shuu blinks, spins around and cleaves an opening in space behind him, stepping on it [Distort]
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 ) for I REMEMEMBERD TO CHECK FOR BURSt
PseudoGM: !
Shuu still didn't, though
PseudoGM: The Metal Gremlin looks around, before taking up a defensive stance! [Harden] [Long K-Power & Long K-Guard]!
PseudoGM: Harino?
Harino dashes forward, slashing through both the Hungry and Curious gremlins before hopping back to the front row! [Dashthrough, C-Air]
Harino rolled 2d100 and got 98, 24 ( Total: 122 ) for 80/10
[OOC] Harino: 2 LP to hit with the first, one more to crit the 2nd
PseudoGM: 14's still > 10…?
[OOC] Harino: …oh right. Ignore the 3rd LP, I'm not mathing tonight
PseudoGM: Hits!
Harino rolled 1d10+15 and got 8 ( Total: 23.0 ) for +3 to 2nd one for K-shatter, I think?
[OOC] PseudoGM: 23][26]!
Harino also takes advantage of her [Speed] Passive on LP expenditure to Hasten 2
PseudoGM: Almost but not quite a KO, looks like.
PseudoGM: Ah, there's the init advantage.
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round two!
[Round 3]!
PseudoGM: The Curious Gremlin roots around in machinery a bit before, before pulling out a [Regulator Valve: Rush Combo], glancing at ti for a moment, before chucking it in the Metal's direction. [+2 Drive, Long E-Guard, +10HP]
PseudoGM: Yin!
Yin lifts her bow and fires off a [quick] Reflex Shot, embedding a second arrow into the plating of the Metal Gremlin and hitting it for 4 physical damage
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 86 ( Total: 86 ) for Freeze vs Metal Gremlin- expending both arrows
PseudoGM: Neutral!
Yin rolled 1d10+26 and got 10 ( Total: 36 ) for Then Yin calls into being water from the air around the Gremlin, attempting to capsize it under water on dry land
[OOC] PseudoGM: 1][33]!
PseudoGM: Sohl!
Yin rolled 1d4 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for FWEA
Yin: Sohl absorbs a dancing mote of fire ([Q] Pure mana, +5 MP)
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 ) for Axe vs. Curious Gremlin
PseudoGM: Oh wait wrong moster, the metals are W: Water, so that did [1][38]!
Yin rolled 1d6+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 ) for Sohl rushes up and slashes the little goblin with his axe!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 13]!
[OOC] Yin: yay!
PseudoGM: Or rather….
PseudoGM: Sohl can't actually get to the curios gremlin! The metal and hungry are both blocking his path! [Melee weapons can't attack across rows]
[OOC] Yin: Oh yeah, rows are a thing… Can I transfer that attack to the last hungry Gremlin?
PseudoGM: So Sohl's gotta hit one of them instead.
PseudoGM: yup! [13]
[OOC] Yin: Sorry
PseudoGM: It's okay. Sohl plays a lot different from Yin, so no worries.
[OOC] Yin: I get a quick at the end of turn, right?
PseudoGM: Not extactly,
PseudoGM: he can use them at the start OR the end, but still only gets one a turn.
[OOC] Yin: Ah I see. nevermind then, I'm done
PseudoGM: Hungry Gremlin then retaliates in kind, chewing on Sohl in responce to the axe. [Attack: Water Combo]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 79 ( Total: 79 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled d8+14 and got 3 ( Total: 17 )
PseudoGM: Hitting for 17 physical! The Hungry Gremlin recovers [+10HP]
PseudoGM: Wrench!
Yin: Sohl is chewed on in addition to the burning flames licking up his clothes!
[OOC] Harino: You could spend one of Sohl's luck to make that miss, Yin
[OOC] Yin: YES!
PseudoGM: No damage, no heals then!
[OOC] Yin: -1 LP to keep that gremlin from healing
PseudoGM: OH right
PseudoGM: The Gremlin should have also Overdrived,
PseudoGM: Which involves more chewing on Sohl. [OD - Consume]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 16 physical damage! So 13 in practise… [+6HP] for the Gremlin!
PseudoGM: Wrench?
Wrench kicks open a panel in the walls and rips something out to replace a few blown fuses in her gun. For purely unrelated reasons, there's a short in the ceiling and some debris rains down, hitting all enemies for 5 damage.
[OOC] Wrench: Defend] [Reload] [Clip Explosion
[OOC] PseudoGM: 2][3][3]!
PseudoGM: The curious goblin teeters over and gets KOd from the debris.
PseudoGM: Harino?
PseudoGM: by which I ment [2][5][5] obv
Yin high fives Wrench for the totally-not-calculated accident
Wrench doesn't leave Yin hanging. Pow!
Harino slams her blade into the Metal Gremlin! [Strike Down, C-Water]
Harino rolled 1d100-15 and got 37 ( Total: 22.0 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 10 ( Total: 20.0 ) for -5 Drive
[OOC] PseudoGM: 17]! [-5 Suppression]! The Metal Gremline growls in indignation at Harino.
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Shuu looks at the remaining foes, looks at the metal gremlin "Don't be angry, she does that to everyone" he repeats his previous performance! Less fire on it, however [Explosive Entry]
Shuu rolled 2d100 and got 80, 76 ( Total: 156 ) for 90/20
PseudoGM: Hits!
Shuu rolled 1d8+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12 )
Shuu strikes both for [12] Physical damage
[OOC] PseudoGM: 9][12]!
PseudoGM: Which is exactly enough for the [KO]!
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round three!
[Round 4] Only one left!
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin lifts her bow and fires her last glowing arrow at the last gremlin
Yin: uh
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 ) for Divine arrow vs. Hungry Gremlin
Yin rolled 1d10+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 13]!
PseudoGM: Sohl!
Yin rolled 1d4 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for FWEA
Yin: Sohl causes a [Swell] of mana, healing Harino and generating more essance
Yin rolled 1d8+12 and got 2 ( Total: 14 ) for healing
Yin rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for FWEA
Yin: He then hurls a little [Inferno] of air and fire motes at the Hungry Gremlin!
Yin rolled 1d6+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11 ) for Fire
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 16]! Which is enough to KO before it can get another hit in.
[OOC] PseudoGM: +12 EXP]!
PseudoGM: The red lights in the room flicker once, and the machinery around you is sparking a bit. But the coast seems clear now.
Wrench scurries up to one of the containment pods and wipes some grime off of it with the back of her hand, inspecting what could possibly be inside.
Shuu sighs, and sheathes his axe before looking around "Whatever was here isn't here anymore" he goes over to look at the broken machinery, is there any way to discern what it could be about?
PseudoGM: Well, water mostly. It doesn't look CLEAN, but there's nothing else in it.
Wrench: "So it's not really a containment area, it's more like…" Wrench sucks on her lower lip for a moment.
Wrench: "…A container area."
Shuu: "Probably contained dirty water for treatment or examination?"
PseudoGM: Shuu: lots of stuff for directing what water goes where, switches for emergency shuts off and emergency diversions, something about heating protocals and a bunch of other stuff concerning disposal.
Yin: "Or maybe what was in the water before has been let out. Did your contact say anything else had been seen wandering around, Harino?"
[OOC] Yin: +5 MP for winning from Will- for the record
PseudoGM: With some fiddling around you can figure out how to open up some of the containers from the tops too but… there's not really any reason to do that. And they probably have people more familiar with the systems for general repairs.
Shuu: "This controlled the water flow, heating, disposal systems"
Shuu: "In the end this was just containment for dirty water, which, is good"
Shuu: "There's nothing weird going on here"
Harino shakes her head. "Just a whole lot of different gremblins and repurposed security bots."
Shuu: "Hrm… Want to clear the main computer area first, then, before we restabilish power?"
Shuu: "I think clearing up the generator last would be a good idea, on the chances any more automated defenses come up when the power's stable"
Wrench: "Not a chance they'd be on our side, huh? Figures."
Shuu: "They're already failing and sided with gremlins"
Shuu: "There's a chance anything offline now didn't get repurposed, I don't want to risk otherwise"
Wrench: "Figures." Wrench takes a brief seat against a wall.
PseudoGM: From this room, looks like you can either head further north, or double back down south to reach the main computers… But we'll get to that next week!
Harino: "Clear the computer room, get to the generator, head back and see if you two can reprogram defences or something?"

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License