Toe 08

[F2004] You made it up to the next floor last night pretty late and didn't have much of a chance to get a good look around, but with the morning comes an opportunity for a better survey of the surrounding area. There's still a decent bit of greenery, but it's a lot more grass open fields, and a lot less heavily forested area than the last couple of floors have been Every once in a while there's signs of old buildings that've long since been torn down, and what little is left of them have been overtaken by various plants and vines.
Shuu: "An… Abandoned floor?"
Wrench: "Happens all the time," Wrench explains.
Harino stretches in the morning light, eyeing the surroundings. "Maybe we can ask at the next town."
Wrench: "Pipe gets cut off. or weather shifts, or the miasma leaks in…"
Wrench: "Everybody has to move on out."
Sohl: "Not surprising that some floors consolidated into others. I guess the term is 'migrate' in this case, though?"
Shuu: "Always sad" he says, lookin at a nearby ruin
Shuu looks ahead, then "I suppose we better get moving, though. Let's try to find those stairs"
Yin: "Doesn't look like Miasma here. Everything is too lively" Yin says sheilding her eyes from the light as she looks out over the field. "Just very quiet here"
Sohl: "An empty floor's a traveller's friend."
Sohl: "Bet the ruins are all picked clean, though."
Sohl: "Could probably have a look see if we wanted, buuuuuuuuut…"
PseudoGM: It's certainly a lot easier to move through the floor without all those trees in the way and being able to see a few miles ahead of you at once, definitely.
Harino pats the hilt of one of her katanas. "I doubt we're lucky enough that it's entirely empty, though."
Shuu: "Something always settles in, yes" he surveys the horizon for a likely direction for the stairs "Perhaps if we pass by anything interesting on our way, Sohl"
Sohl: "Eyes on the bushes and tumbleweeds, though."
Sohl: "They're the bits still around to ambush us! Heh!"
Wrench: "Hey," Wrench says, flashing a look at Sohl. "We fought dirt."
Yin surveys the far wall for signs of the next stairwell, commenting "Honestly, I'm surprised there's no small town being rebuilt at all… Figure open space like this would be snapped up for farming or other uses. It seems arable. Very suspicious"
PseudoGM: Admittedly, a couple of stones pulling themself free from the ground and assaulting you probably wouldn't be the strangest thing that's ever happened happened in the tower… but it seems like that's not on the docket for today. Travel through this floor is by and large easy going.
PseudoGM: After a couple of hours the air in the field feels a little off all of the sudden, though it's hard to place your finger on what it is exactly.
Shuu: "Hrm… I've the feeling something is likely to try attacking us at this point"
Sohl sniffs, sniff-sniff, snifffffffffffff.
[OOC] Yin: Does it smell like Ozone?
Shuu: "Or I hope it is that simple at least"
Sohl: "Hrmmmmmmm. Magic's all backed up."
PseudoGM: Ozone? Not in particular. Nothing really looks or smells different, there's just a strange feeling in the air that makes the hair on the back of your next stand on end.
Sohl: "Buncha' the 'bad blood' so to speak, has all nestled into one area."
Sohl: "We're likely to run into some bad spirits, some gruelin' juju."
Shuu: "Hrm… Do you think it's a tower fault or just… Local wildlife, so to say"
Wrench: "People coulda done it. They say mistakes linger, and hatred sticks around."
Sohl: "Heh, why not both! Would explain why the city up and deserted."
[OOC] Yin: Can I roll insight to get a bead on what's going on?
Sohl crosses his arms. "If'n y'all can give me a little while and watch my back, I can clear some of this up."
Yin: "Maybe we should bunker down for a bit till whatever's in the air passes"
Sohl: "Not sayin' it'll solve any and all problems on this floor, but at least the stink of paranoia won't follow us. Probably."
Shuu: "Hrm… Anything that helps the place is good to have"
Harino: "It's worth a shot, anyway? Maybe."
Shuu: "You have your time"
PseudoGM: Yin: It's not super your field, but what Sohl's mentioned give you a good starting point. Due to the nature of the mystical side of the town, emotions wind up getting caught in certain spots and anchored to it. Seems like that's what's going on right here - it's particularly thick and doesn't seem to be disapating like it normally should.
Sohl looks about for any small landmark - a waist high stump or even just a gathering of rocks. Something as a symbolic base to funnel things through.
PseudoGM: There's still a little bit of two sides of a building that used to exist right over there!
Sohl nods in approval, lowering the brim of his hat as he trudges over towards the errant corner. As he moves, he produces some incense from a pouch, some small bits of wiring, and a tinderbox.
Sohl sets up the wiring bits in a circle pattern with gaps between them, filling in the gaps with sprinkles of incense. He chips a bit of the wall off with the edge of his axe, and places it in the center.
Wrench crouches nearby, and does a few diagnostics on her gun. She doesn't say a word, just gets ready.
Harino keeps a watch out, both inwards and outwards, her ears perked up with alertness, her tail lashing from being on edge.
Sohl: "Nananumubu, nananumubu… ol-rehganala mubulu…"
Sohl lights the incence, causing it to spark and alight blue, and the flame travels the circumference of the circle, sparking the rest of the incence and causing the wiring to glow. Curious motes slowly glob forth from the surroundings.
Sohl: "'s a good reaction!" He turns his head to look at the party, smiling wide. (You can see something white smiling at you- his teeth? Weird how you don't usually see them.)
Sohl: "They're comin'."
PseudoGM: Shortly after Sohl begins his ritual the air feels… lighter? Cleaner? It's still hard to put a finger on it exactly, but whatever was the cause of the unease is almost unnoticable after about ten minutes. Almost. You can still sense a distinct 'something' a bit ahead of you.
Sohl: "Life's a lot easier when you can compress all your problems into three-to-five hittable problems."
PseudoGM: It's right about that time when you notice three incredibly beat up, vaugely humanoid robots with exposed and sparking wiring running in your direction, and the bad-feeling seeminly hot on their heels.
Sohl: "So let's meet 'em head on."
Shuu raises an eyebrow "I see. Alright, let's charge in, then"
Yin pulls the large spellbook from her pack and readies a spell for casting
PseudoGM: One of the robots seems to notice you and begins to emit a kind of creaky, buzzing noise that it almost certainly wasn't intentionally designed to make, and the bad-feelings behind them begin to form a solid, dark colored blood.
[OOC] PseudoGM: Round One] - Looks like Harino's up first!
Harino has a wry grin as she eyes them. "Now, this is something we can smash!" And puts words to actions as she draws both of her katanas, slamming both of them into Bot A! [OD: Weight of the World]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 ) for 80/10
PseudoGM: Hits!
Sohl: "This oughta' be interesting! A'int many caravans willing to take on spirits!"
Harino rolled 2d10+20 and got 6, 9 ( Total: 35.0 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 35]!
Harino then follows that up by slashing right through it and hitting one of those solid… somethings in the back. [Dashthrough on Bot A and Dread A]
Harino rolled 2d100 and got 40, 87 ( Total: 127 ) for 80/10
[OOC] Harino: 1 LP on the second target
PseudoGM: Two hits!
Harino rolled 1d10+11 and got 9 ( Total: 20.0 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 20] [20]!
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Shuu draws his axe "I suppose exorcisms can get pretty physical too?" he muses, then tosses his axe at Glitched Bot A. He runs after the axe as it flies- The axe flies past the robot as Shuu jumps on top of the robot, he lands with both feet, and kicks heavily the robot into the ground for [8] damage as he propels himself into the air, the axe tears a hole in space that he dives into.
Shuu He finally reappears behind the party [Q - Crashing Exit] [Distort]
PseudoGM: Yin!
Yin: With a sharp inhalation of breath, Yin looks with magically enhanced sight at Glitched bot A with [Q] Sixth Sense
PseudoGM: It's W: Air!
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for And with an exhalation of that same breath brings down a crackling bolt of elemental electricity
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness!
Yin rolled 1d10+24 and got 10 ( Total: 34 ) for ((quicken 1))
[OOC] PseudoGM: 34]!
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 2d4 and got 4, 1 ( Total: 5 ) for fire water earth air
Sohl flicks the air mote at Glitched Bot B! [Wind 0 - TrueStrike 6 Air Damage]
Sohl then readies his axe and attacks Glitched bot A! [Attack]
[OOC] PseudoGM: 11]!
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 ) for 80
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
PseudoGM: And down goes A, before it can even act. [KO]!
PseudoGM: Glitched Bot B erratically approaches Harino, then attempts to [Shatter] her defenses!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 86 ( Total: 86 )
PseudoGM: But does not.
PseudoGM: Bot C runs up and [Attack - Launch Combo]s her instead!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 36 ( Total: 36 )
PseudoGM rolled 2d6+6 and got 3, 5 ( Total: 14 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 14 physical damage.
PseudoGM: Lingering Dread B extends a shadowy tendril towards the party, before the air around Harino starts to turn into water. [Drown]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled 1d8+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 16 water damage and inflicting Long Chill.
PseudoGM: Wrench?
[OOC] Sohl: not 'cool' ice
Wrench loads a magnetic stake into her gun and fires it through Dread A! As it lances through, it arcs to a few spots in the air - [C-Air] [Gravity Gear]
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for C80
Wrench rolled 1d8+14 and got 2 ( Total: 16.0 )
Wrench: Striking for 16 damage and Slow 1! Wrench quickens 3!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 16]!
Wrench: ALSO: I totally forgot to Overdrive, so she TOTALLY shoots up the place! …But doesn't get the attachment bonus to it, obvs. [OD - Desperado]
Wrench rolled 4d100 and got 62, 80, 97, 22 ( Total: 261 ) for bots dreads 80
[OOC] Wrench: -2 LP for the hit!
PseudoGM: Hits!
Wrench rolled 1d8+16 and got 8 ( Total: 24.0 )
Wrench: Shooting up the field for 24 physical damage!
PseudoGM: Lingering Dread A makes a groaning noise before excess debris from the ceiling begins to fall on her. [Bury - Rush Combo]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 76 ( Total: 76 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled d8+13 and got 2 ( Total: 15 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 15 earth damage and Slow 3ing her right back down!
Sohl: "Ahah, how rude!"
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round one!
[OOC] PseudoGM: Round 2]!
PseudoGM: Harino's still on top for another round.
Harino sheathes one of her blades as she takes a read on Bot B [Overdrive Read], before following up with slash with her remaining katana! [Rally Strike]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 47 ( Total: 47 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 6 ( Total: 16.0 )
PseudoGM: The Bots charge quickly, and when they do they lets off two random attacks!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 16]!
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 ) for Shooting star vs Bot B
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness!
[OOC] Yin: C:Rush
PseudoGM: Doing so also causes the robot to [Fragment] and bit: -2 Drive!
Yin rolled 1d10+26 and got 2 ( Total: 28 ) for Yin pulls down another bolt onto the already damaged contraption.
[OOC] PseudoGM: 28]!
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Shuu cracks his knuckles and jumps back, vanishing. He appears suddenly from above the Lingering Dread A "Be cleansed" he crashes down on top of the apparition landing with both of his feet on it, he raises up his axe and brings it down before jumping back in formation [Warp Strike]
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 ) for 90/20
PseudoGM: Crit!
Shuu rolled 3d8+27 and got 6, 4, 7 ( Total: 44 )
Shuu strikes for massive [44] damage
[OOC] PseudoGM: 44]! That's more than enough to destroy the robot outright. [KO[!
PseudoGM: oh wait the dread,
Yin: "Nice!"
PseudoGM: …The shadowy blod dissapates into nothingness instead of a robot exploding, then! [KO Still]
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for fire water earth air
Sohl dashes between Shuu and Harino, splaying his hands out to the side, and bursts them both with a quick blast of healing! [Quick Direct Heal E-Air - True Healing for 8 Each]
Sohl then rushes up to strike Glitched Bot B! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 98 ( Total: 98 ) for 80
Sohl spends 2 LP to hit!
Sohl: !Roll 1d6+12
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 13]!
PseudoGM: Bot B respondes by attempting to [Shatter] Sohl!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 50 ( Total: 50 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled 1d8+12 and got 7 ( Total: 19 )
PseudoGM: Hitting for 19 physical damage and inflicting Short K-Shatter II!
PseudoGM: Bot C then runs up and [Attack - Launch Combo]s Sohl!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 30 ( Total: 30 ) for 80/20
PseudoGM rolled 2d6+16 and got 2, 1 ( Total: 19 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 19 physical damage as well!
PseudoGM: The remaining Lingering Dread gestures towards Shuu as the air around him turns to water. [Drown - Rush Combo]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled 1d8+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 18 water damage, Suppressing his Drive by -2, and inflicting Long Chill all at once!
PseudoGM: Wrench?
Wrench ducks down and reloads. [Q - Clip Explosion] [Defend] [Reload!] She punts a battery core at the crowd, and - POW! [5] to all.
PseudoGM: Dang, that's only the end of round two?
[OOC] PseudoGM: Round 3] Yin's in the lead now!
Yin rolled d100 and got 96 ( Total: 96 ) for Shooting star vs. Bot C
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness, causing it to Fragment! -2 Drive.
Shuu quickly raises both arms as he's covered in water "Ooh, stop it-" as it covers him he winces badly, shuddering "Ugh, water, really…" [W: Water]
Yin rolled 1d10+22 and got 5 ( Total: 27 ) for seeing bot B on it's way out, Yin brings lightning down once more to put the last of the robots down as well.
[OOC] PseudoGM: 27]!
PseudoGM: Harino?
Harino follows up by slashing at Bot C with a flourish! [C-Air Rally Strike]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 91 ( Total: 91 ) for 80/10
[OOC] Harino: 2 LP to hit
Harino rolled 1d10+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16.0 ) for +2 Drive to Shuu, Harino, and Sohl
PseudoGM: Harino I am trying to make less drive, not more. :( [16]!
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Shuu considers for a moment. He tosses his axe skywards and points at the Glitched Bot C "Didn't think i'd try this unpowered at any point, but here we are now" he makes a fist as dark energy gathers on it. He then runs at the Glitched Bot C and punches it hard enough to send it barrelling into the back row as the axe falls from the sky into Glitched Bot B for [5] Fire damage
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for 90/20 [From Beyond]
PseudoGM: Crits!
Shuu rolled 2d8+15 and got 5, 4 ( Total: 24 )
Shuu strikes Bot C for [24] damage and Push and Bot B for [5] Fire
[OOC] Shuu: The 5 fire is weapon ability, btw
[OOC] PseudoGM: 24]! [5]! Bot B burst into flames, and after a small explosion stops working. [KO
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for fire water earth air
Sohl flicks his fire mote at the remaining Bot C! [Fire 0 - Truestrike 5 Fire Damage]
PseudoGM: Boom! Another tiny explosion takes out the last robot. [KO]
Sohl then conjures up a healing [Breeze] for himself and Harino!
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 )
Sohl rolled 1d10+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18 ) for HP recovery
PseudoGM: Wrench?
Wrench fires a blaze of [Semiauto] [C-Rush] shots at the Dread!
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 90 ( Total: 90 ) for 80/20
Wrench: But she misses!
PseudoGM: …!
PseudoGM: The Lingering Dread attempts to [Bury] Wrench once more.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled d8+13 and got 1 ( Total: 14 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 14 earth damage and Slow 1ing her to the bottom!
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round 3!
[OOC] PseudoGM: Round 4] - Yin's up!
Yin rolled d100 and got 34 ( Total: 34 ) for Phoenix tail vs. the lingering dread
Yin: -1LP to burst
PseudoGM: Burst! But it's R: Fire.
Yin: 2d12+10; ((-5 applied)) Seeing the last remaining shadow of dread Yin closes her book with a snap in one hand and with her other conjures a long lash of flickering fire that she uses to try to banish the Lingering Dread
Yin rolled 2d12+10 and got 10, 11 ( Total: 31 ) for ((-5 applied)) Seeing the last remaining shadow of dread Yin closes her book with a snap in one hand and with her other conjures a long lash of flickering fire that she uses to try to banish the Lingering Dread
PseudoGM: Good rolls. [31]!
PseudoGM: Harino?
Harino follows up with a simple [Attack]!
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for 80/10
PseudoGM: Crits!
Harino rolled 2d10+14 and got 3, 9 ( Total: 26.0 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 26]!
PseudoGM: Shuu?
Shuu: "You do linger, don't you?"
Shuu rushes in to swing his axe at it [Attack]
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 79 ( Total: 79 ) for 90/20
Shuu rolled 1d8+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11 )
PseudoGM: The spirit lets out a low, howling sort of noise in Sohl's direction. [11]!
Shuu strikes simply for [11] Physical Melee damage "Be gone already"
PseudoGM: Sohl??
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for fire water earth air
Sohl eats the Earth mote that just showed up [Pure Mana] and strikes the spirit! [Attack[
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for 80
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 18]!
[OOC] PseudoGM: KO]!
PseudoGM: The air around you seems to go stale, then flicker for a fraction of a second. And then it's perfectly clear again, and the unease you've been feeling seems completely gone.
[OOC] PseudoGM: +15 XP
Sohl takes a deep, close-eyed breath, holds it, and exhales with a happy "-hyaaaaaaaaa."
Wrench shoulders her gun. "This place is… clean!" She looks at Sohl. "You gonna say somethin like that?"
Harino lets out a breath, her ears settling down and her tail wagging lazily as she sheathes her blade. "That's much better." [+12 HP from Indomitable]
Sohl: "I was gonna say, 'rest in peace!'" He chuckles. "But I thought it'd be too on-the-nose."
Yin: "Maybe on the nose, but it's not any less true. It feels a lot more peaceful"
Shuu kneels down and looks at the crashed robots "It's good we helped put those things to rest either way" after a moment he stands back up again "It does feel cleaner now, though, yes"
Yin looks around the fields with a slight smile "It's actually kind of nice here, even with all the ruins"
Sohl nods, raising the brim of his hat.
Sohl: "I doubt people'll move back, even it bein' clean and all."
Sohl: "But at least we've made life a little easier for anyone comin' or goin'."
Shuu: "Indeed"
Harino nods her head. "That's very true."
Shuu looks ahead "Let's get going, then. Think we've done everything we could here"
PseudoGM: Odds are good it'll help someone out, somewhere, at some point. For now though, the path ahead is open and clear. Even going at a more leisurely pace that normal, you still manage to hit the next stairwell leading up a little bit before nightfall.
PseudoGM: F2005 seems to be a return to the forestest type of floor, though it's still a bit thinner than some of the others. Bizzarely, when you entered the stairwell you're pretty sure you were closest to the NE corner of the tower, but you seem like you're closest to the south end now?
Sohl: "Y'know…" He puts a gloved hand up near where his chin should be.
PseudoGM: In either case, it doesn't seem like there's much in the way of monsters in the immediate area, and it seems like there's a couple of apple trees nearby, so it might not be a bad place to set up camp for the night.
Yin: "Back into the trees" Yin says stretching and resettling her pack on her shoulders
Sohl: "Wouldn't the tower be kinda…"
Sohl: "Lopsided?"
Wrench: "Who says it ain't?"
Sohl: "Not me, for one. I'd then go, 'but then how does it not fall over!' But it seems silly askin' that question now, and not at any other given time in our existence."
Shuu: "I've the impression it kind of is, however, I think the stairwells aren't all just straight upwards"
Harino tilts her head at the thought. "…Either that, or there's some sort of teleportation we're not even noticing…?"
Shuu heads over to a nearby apple tree, he picks one up and hands it over to Yin "We got a good stop here, though"
PseudoGM: It's certianly not the first time something like that's happened now that you think about it. It's generally nowhere near as noticable though.
Yin nods her thanks to Shuu before taking a bite. "Looks nice and safe, yeah"
Sohl: "About that time, yeah."
Yin tilts her head in thought "Maybe the tower is built like stacked blocks that are sort of off set and balanced around a core pillar?"
Sohl: "Fresh apples, too! Wonder if'n any are good enough for me to do something with 'em."
Shuu: "If the tower's design were modular it would make sense"
Yin: "The apples are very tasty, so maybe Sohl." Yin snags a couple more to add to her rations as everyone starts to set up camp.
Sohl: "Only one way to find out." He begins to set up camp.
Sohl rolled 4d6 and got 5, 1, 3, 5 ( Total: 14 )
Wrench rolled 4d6 and got 6, 5, 6, 5 ( Total: 22 ) for definitely hunting
[OOC] Wrench: !!!!!!!
PseudoGM: Yeah there's a decent amount of them Sohl, have [+2 Ration]s on top of that.
The campfire is well circled with stones and everything looks good. [The night passes uneventually] He's able to make an applesauce with some cinnamon and a mixture he whips up in a small pot. [+20 HP]
Yin: "Delicious!"
PseudoGM rolled 2d6+10 and got 1, 6 ( Total: 17 )
Wrench returns and tosses the rifle to Yin, sets down a bag containing some loot she found, and drops from her shoulder an entire deer. Looks like she pounced it. "Alright, we're eatin' like kings tonight. Just lemme…"
Wrench: …It's messy, but there's food enough for everyone tonight. Whoever's lowest can take the spare ration, but make sure to eat it next time. It won't keep!
Yin catches the rifle in both hands so as not to drop it.
Sohl has a pack newly filled with apples so he'll pass on the extra ration.
Yin: "I think this will be pretty usefull soon" she says as she straps it onto her pack so that it won't drop. "Thanks Wrench"
Julian looks at Wrench's catch "Good job, Wrench"
Harino wags her tail at the thought of deer and that applesauce. "This is the best camping dinner yet."
Sohl: "Good work on the fresh kill!"
Wrench flashes a smile. You know, nobody heard a gunshot.
Yin: "I'll take the spare rations for tomorrow, if no one else wants the leftovers"
Sohl: "Go nuts!"
Yin nods her thanks, "Practiacally a feast tonight!"
Sohl finishes off the last of his venison with a dunk and swirl in the last of his applesauce, then rolls back to rest his head on his bedroll. He'll clean his mug in the morning……
Yin: "Good idea." Yin follows Sohl's lead, using her backpack as a pillow and drifting off

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License