Toe 04

[F2001] With the morning, coming the sound of rumbling from outside of the enclosed park area. It's a distant sort of rumbling though, like something heaving moving far off. Otherwise, it's been nice and peaceful.
Sohl has the coffee already brewing.
Sohl: "That's a bit of foresight for ya'. We'll need this kick to kick whatever made that noise. Or get around it, heh!"
Shuu sits on a bench, having spent a good deal of the night doing general maitenance work around the park. He stares in the distance
Shuu: "Yeah, i've a feeling it's going to be getting in our way"
Harino does some cooldown stretches after her morning practice. "…Yes, that's just a little ominous."
Yin sits up, stretching and sniffing for the coffee.
Wrench puts her gun back together with a ra-chunk-chunk. She leans against it, stroking her chin. "Well, when y'all ready."
Yin: "I'm hoping the nice park is sign of this floor being overall simpler to traverse. But it is just a hope"
Harino: "You wouldn't happen to have any cream or sugar for that coffee, would you?"
Sohl downs a cup- there's one cube of sugar available for every cup, but creamer is only in your dreams- and shakes off the sleep, with a 'BLUHBLUHBLUHBLUHBLUH' and shake of the head. He rights his hat and stands up.
Sohl: "Haven't run across good powdered creamer in a while, and the liquid stuff, ho ho, well, that went bad seeeeveral floors back."
Wrench: "I mean, hell, who knows?" Wrench peers off into the distance. "Maybe we'll wrestle a cow into camp sometime. Could luck out."
Harino makes a slightly displeased face at the lack of cream, but does take the sugar cube with her cup. "…Ah. That makes sense."
Shuu drinks his share of coffee, it's likely less than anyone else's "Wasn't one of the floors supposed to have dairy production?"
Wrench flashes a grin at Shuu. "Well, we'll eat like kings then."
Shuu: "Indeed"
Shuu stands up and stretches "Well, let's hope this floor is doing better than the previous ones. I'm set to go"
Wrench hunches her shoulders and slips out from the park, ready to blaze the trail. [Navigation]
Yin finishes her coffee with semireligious reverance. "I'm ready as well. Thanks for the supply sharing Sohl"
Wrench rolled 4d6 and got 5, 4, 2, 3 ( Total: 14 ) for 2 + 1 + 1
Sohl triple-extinguishes the campfire. "Don't mention it~!"
Harino nods her thanks after finishing her cup, then finishes getting her gear together. "All set."
Yin: "Did you find any good paths while you were out foraging last night Wrench? Or maybe a sign to the next stairwell?"
PseudoGM: After opening the gates and stepping out onto the floor proper: well, it's a lot less forested, that's for sure. It looks like a large chunk of the area has been turned into a dumping ground. Most of the stuff doesn't really look broken, just old or worn down, or not quite working right. There's signs that people ocassionally come down to sift through the junk and scavange and salvage various parts. There's a few different pathways leading between the large piles of chunk and the still forested areas near the edges of the tower, but neither really looks more appealing than any other.
Wrench turns back over her shoulder to look at Yin - "Eh, I got a hunch."
Sohl: "Ho hooooooooo… man. If only I had a cart!"
Yin looking around at the junk "Well… that's better than nothing. Sohl, you knew what the park was, but why is the park here among all this???"
Sohl tilts his head back, and takes a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath.
Sohl: "No idea!"
Yin: "Very strange"
Sohl: "I'm pretty sure there's a mundane reason for all the trashpiles."
Harino: "Maybe we can ask at the next town."
Sohl: "Laziness, or some sort of interfloor skirmish, or maybe there's a secret trash chute!"
Wrench: "Answer's simple." Wrench says. "Designers thought the towers needed a lot of park. Turns out it needs a hell of a lot more trash disposal."
Shuu looks at the trash piles
Shuu: "It's laziness"
Shuu: "Nobody wants to operate the recycling centers anymore"
Shuu: "Quite a few are broken down and, well… If people don't move through floors constantly, how's things going to get to them, yes?"
Shuu looks at the path ahead "Look at this tower, it's a sealed environment. It can't survive without recycling" he stops for a moment "Then again, who knows the plans of it's creators?"
Wrench picks up a busted lamp for a moment, squints at it, and tosses it back onto the pile.
Sohl: "Shuu…" He slowly walks to a stop, the brim of his hat lowered. "Are you suggesting we find the fabled blueprints of yore?"
PseudoGM: Probably just needed to seal that crack in the glass but… yeah, you don't wanna lug that around all day.
Shuu: "Ahaha, we may just have to depending on how difficult the problem wit hthe core is"
Shuu: "Or it might just be lying around in the same room, who knows"
Sohl: "Oh, so they actually exist?" He perks up.
Shuu: "I never said they did"
PseudoGM: As you wander between the piles of junk you do start to notice that there's logic to it all though - that one's mostly bulbs, that one's chunks of metal, over there are old house radios, piles of gears there… They've kept it organized, at least.
Shuu: "I sure as hell hope they do, I want to imagine the creators of the tower were at intelligent"
Yin: "There's no way they'd still be around. Wouldn't they have fallen apart by now?"
Shuu: "Depends on storage" he looks at the piles around as they move "Hrm… Someone's keeping this organized"
Harino: "I wonder if someone or something is organizing all of this?"
Shuu: "Automated, you think?"
Wrench raises a hand. Her ears are perked up. "Hold up."
Sohl stops!
Shuu halts, stares inquisitively
Yin takes a few extra steps before seeing the hand. She freezes and beings looking around, whispering "What is it?"
Wrench: "That thumping's between us and the stairs. It's a war machine - construction rig, automaton, loaded for bear for defense."
Wrench: "These alleys are pretty tight, so… don't want it roaring through a pile of junk and surprising us. Gonna get some height and take line of sight on it, maybe figure out how we're gonna engage."
Wrench clambers up some junk, sliding through a busted-open dryer to haul herself up to the top of a pile, looking to scout out, from height, where that thing is.
Yin: "You think these piles are sturdy enough…?
Wrench pauses to peer out from a rotting cabinet, poking her face out from it, claws grasping the edge tightly, tail flicking. "No."
PseudoGM: Hmm…. oh, there it is. Looks like it came to a stop in one of the more wide open areas a couple of miles out here. …. Looks like it's using a blow toarch to try and melt down one of the metal piles now?
Sohl reflexively does that readied-crouch-stance.
PseudoGM: With a bit of squinting you can barely make out a monkey sitting on top of it, and there's some kind of ordinal circling around it.
Wrench perches atop an antennae, almost-snapping it with her weight, levelling her massive gun, training it towards the distance. She takes the shot. "Incoming."
Wrench: BANG.
Sohl: "Oh boy!" He scrambles for some bit of cover!
PseudoGM: A few seconds later there's a loud crash as the scrap metal goes flying in all direction and the blow toarch shuts off. You see the monkey start bouncing around frantically, before the war machine stands fully upright, then turns and starts lumbing in your direction after letting off a klaxon.
Yin: "Did you get it?!"
Harino: "That racket sounds like she didn't get enough of it."
Wrench levels her gun for another shot, the antennae she's perched on - well, wrapped around, really - swaying with the massive kick.
Wrench: "Just wait till it gets in range."
PseudoGM: It looks like it tries to follow a path towards you for a little bit, then seems to decide against it and just starts cutting a path direction through a pile and starts closing in on your location in a hurry. You've got enough time to get into a decent formation to intercept it, and then it's ontop of you.
[OOC] PseudoGM: Round 1
PseudoGM: The little Ordinal trailing behind it - a repair sentry you can tell now that its closer - rolls up behind the Warmachine with a wrench in hand, then gives it a good [Wack].
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 23 ( Total: 23 )
PseudoGM: And the Warmachine gains Short K-Power!
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin: Thumbing through her book, Yin looks up at the large machine and uses her Sixth Sense [Q] to get a better feel for it.
Wrench: "Guessin it hates lightning."
PseudoGM: The Warmachine is W: Air.
Yin rolled d100 and got 65 ( Total: 65 ) for Pointing with a grand gesture, she pushes a blast at it with Shooting Star
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness!
Yin rolled d10+24 and got 6 ( Total: 30 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 30]!
Yin: Shooting Star is unsealed!
PseudoGM: Harino?
Harino follows up with a flashy slash at the war machine! [Rally Strike, C-Air]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 53 ( Total: 53 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 8 ( Total: 18.0 ) for +2 Drive to Harino, Shuu, and Sohl
PseudoGM: Looks like it's got some [Heavy Plating] - [15]!
PseudoGM: The Warmachine comes to a stop and begins buzzing loudly, before reaching an arm to its back and pulling something free, which it then tosses to the ground behind it. A moment later a Laser Turrent unfold and sets itself up.
PseudoGM: It then swivels around and lets off a blast at Harino -
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 68 ( Total: 68 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled d6+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 12 air damage to her!
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 2d4 and got 4, 4 ( Total: 8 ) for fire water earth air
Sohl waves a hand up and behind him, and pink motes begin to fall around Harino, not unlike cherry blossoms (not that you know what those are, or maybe you do, idk). They heal her wounds, and then he flicks his wrist toward the large machine- the blossoms turn into pink streaks and get into its circuitry! [Petal Shower] [C-Rush]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 83 ( Total: 83 ) for 25
Sohl rolled 1d10+14 and got 6 ( Total: 20 ) for HP recovered
[Long Shock to the Type-E Warmachine!]
Harino nods her thanks; that blast rather hurt.
PseudoGM: It wobbles for a bit, before leaning forward and slamming a massive fist into Shuu. [Attack - Air Combo]
PseudoGM rolled d100+15 and got 95 ( Total: 110 ) for 80
PseudoGM: But it goes wide.
PseudoGM: Wrench!
Shuu watches as the fist lands wide off "A bit too big aren't you"
Wrench trains a shot at the Repair Sentry. She holds it for a moment - a magnetic hum and a blue glow runs through her gun before she takes the shot. [C-Earth] [Gravity Gear]
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 21 ( Total: 21 ) for C80
PseudoGM: Hits!
Wrench: The shot embeds itself into the Repair Sentry - a solid metal stake, that begins to thrum and buzz, and then, cherry-blossom light arcs from it down into the warmech, and - bits and pieces of junk hover up from every pile, weighing the whole thing down!
Wrench rolled 1d8+14 and got 1 ( Total: 15.0 )
Wrench: For 15 physical damage to the Repair Sentry. The Repair Sentry is Slowed 2! Other targets are Slowed 1!
PseudoGM: I'll take care of slowing monsters, just so there's no confusion btw.
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Shuu draws his axe and with a heavy motion throws it towards the Repair Sentry! He runs after the axe- The axe misses the sentry but opens up a tear in space behind it, Shuu jumps and lands a flying kick in the Repair Sentry, jumping after his axe in the tear. He vanishes, reappearing behind the party [Q - Crashing Exit] [Distort]
Shuu True Strikes the Sentry for [8] Physical, btw
[OOC] PseudoGM: 8]!
PseudoGM: The Monkey looks around a bit, before taking a [Shot - Air Combo] at Harino!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled d6+10 and got 4 ( Total: 14 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 14 physical damage and Slow 2ing her!
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round 1!
[OOC] PseudoGM: ROUND 2
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin , moving more quickly with the spells coursing through her, unleashes a torrent of water with Mirage Bubbles at the Repair Sentry and its whole row, hopefully to bring it down and keep it from assiting the big machine.
Yin rolled d100 and got 49 ( Total: 49 )
PseudoGM: Everything's neutral to water!
Yin rolled 1d8+10 and got 7 ( Total: 17 ) for to the row
PseudoGM: The Repair Sentry gives the Warmachine a little [Tune-Up]!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 )
PseudoGM: Cleansing the Shock from it, and giving it a Bubble (20) to boot!
PseudoGM: Sohl!
Sohl Frowns Deeply.
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for fire water earth air
Sohl: "HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"
Sohl raises his hands above his head, and up float three motes: two water and one air! They circle and circle and converge onto a point- transforming to a ball of crackling lightning! Sohl pitches his arms forward, and the ball flies over to the back row of the enemies and splits into two, zapping the Repair Sentry and Monkey Marksman! [Quick - Storm Rod]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 ) for 25
Sohl -1 LP to burst!
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness on the Sentry!
Sohl: !Roll 1d10+15 ; Air Damage, +5 more to sentry
Sohl rolled 1d10+15 and got 7 ( Total: 22 ) for Air Damage, +5 more to sentry
Sohl then barrels into the Type-E Warmachine! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for 80
Sohl does not crit that because lol bubble.
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18 )
PseudoGM: Which makes it a bit [Frantic - Gains Long H-Power], but still deals damage just fine. [27] [22]! [1], and the Bubble pops!
PseudoGM: Harino?
Harino shines as she draws her second katana, slamming the both of them into the Warmachine! [Overdrive: Weight of the World]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 41 ( Total: 41 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 2d10+20 and got 6, 7 ( Total: 33.0 )
PseudoGM: Hits for a whopping [30] damage!
Harino then follows that up with a second smashing strike! [Strike Down, C-Launch]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 56 ( Total: 56 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 1d10+14 and got 5 ( Total: 19.0 )
PseudoGM: I definitely don't remember combos, but I assume that's the -5 Drive one?
[OOC] Harino: +4 damage, still -2 drive
PseudoGM: Aha.
PseudoGM: The Warmachine goans as it stumbles back a bit, nearly throwing the monkey on top of it off before it steadies itself. After a second there's a hissing noise, before large plate of metal begin to fall off as it jetison some [Dead Weight].
[OOC] PseudoGM: Warmachine no longer has any Armor, but…
PseudoGM: It then lifts a leg up slowly and attempts to [Crush] Harino!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 44 ( Total: 44 ) for 80/20
PseudoGM rolled d10+15 and got 2 ( Total: 17 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 17 physical damage and inflicting Short K-Shatter II!
PseudoGM: The laser turret then follows it up with another blast.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 50 ( Total: 50 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled d6+10 and got 6 ( Total: 16 )
PseudoGM: Dealing another 16 air before weakness!
PseudoGM: Wrench?
Wrench spins her gun around and salutes. "Stepped RIGHT into my trap…!" [OD - Desperado] [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXnfxVKhBG4]
Wrench springs off of her perch and lands on the war machine, firing shot after shot directly up into the air, each with a magnetic hum and an air-blurring kick. She hops off as she hits the other side of the machine, skidding to a stop, turning around -
Wrench rolled 4d100 and got 34, 40, 32, 8 ( Total: 114 ) for C80 Warmech Repair Sentry Marksman Turret
PseudoGM: Hits aplenty!
[OOC] Wrench: -1 LP for a critical to the turret!
Wrench: The magnetic stakes looming in the air arc, connected by an electric glow, hovering in the air -
Wrench: Which then anchor onto the stakes still embedded into the war machine, lifting the entire assemblage up and slamming it back down!
Wrench rolled 1d8+15 and got 3 ( Total: 18.0 ) for non-turret, then turret
Also rolled 2d8+20 and got 1, 6 [Total: 27.0 (Low), Avg: 3.50]
Total: 45.0, Avg: 3.33
Wrench: 18 18 18 27!
Wrench races back to her place in the formation, buzzing the Repair Sentry with shots along the way. [Desperado->C-Rush] [Semi-Auto]
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 49 ( Total: 49 ) for C80
Wrench rolled 1d8+14 and got 5 ( Total: 19.0 )
PseudoGM: Wrench, isn't your gun only two ammo…?
Wrench: C-Rush. <3
Wrench: No ammo consumption!
PseudoGM: Oh right that shoots without ammo consumption doesn't it
PseudoGM: Nice.
[OOC] PseudoGM: 19]!
Wrench: Oh, and everything on the field is Slowed 1, except the Repair Sentry, which is Slowed 2.
PseudoGM: This displeases me.
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Shuu stares at the warmachine before him "Alright, you're in the way" he steps back a bit as he distortion around him instead gathers in his right fist, turning in a black mass. He dashes forward towards the Type-E Warmachine, trailing energy from his right fist as he does so, he leaps "Gravion fist" and punches it directly in it's center of mass- The impact is tremendous shaking the
Shuu air and rattling the machine, sending it flying backwards despite it's raw size [From Beyond]
Shuu rolled 1d100-15 and got 13 ( Total: -2.0 ) for 90/30
Shuu strikes for [15] damage, the impact moving the machine to the back row and inflicting Long E-Shatter
Shuu recoils from the impact of his own strike, flipping back into the front row
PseudoGM: I mean,
PseudoGM: if you don't wanna roll dice I'm OK with taking the minimum value for damage.
Shuu rolled 1d8+15 and got 5 ( Total: 20 )
[OOC] Shuu: THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TEST WITH STATIC NUMBERS
[OOC] Harino: critting adds a second dice
[OOC] Shuu: YOU INCITE BAD HABITS
PseudoGM: Here let me help you lol
Shuu rolled 1d8+20 and got 4 ( Total: 24 )
[OOC] Shuu: THERE
PseudoGM rolled 2d8+14 and got 8, 5 ( Total: 27 )
PseudoGM: Is your actual damage on a crit wiht that move.
[OOC] Wrench: GJ Ice <3
[OOC] PseudoGM: 27]!
[OOC] Shuu: ?? Crit's +4 not +5? Okay
[OOC] Sohl: thank you icecylee you are a true friend
PseudoGM: A crit is +1 die, +4 static damage, yeah.
[OOC] PseudoGM: OK
PseudoGM: The Warmachine takes a few second to right itself after skitting to a stop, then holds up the arm with its [Flame thrower - Pin Combo] and lets it rip all over the front row!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 46 ( Total: 46 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled 2d8+15 and got 8, 5 ( Total: 28 )
Sohl stands resolute against the flames! This smoke does not billow! [R: Fire]
PseudoGM: Dealing 28 fire damage for Shuu, Harino and Sohl!
PseudoGM: The Monkey looks around, then [Takes Aim] at Sohl!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 20 ( Total: 20 )
PseudoGM: It'll do big damage next round!
PseudoGM: The Warmachine then finishes off the round by [Attack - Fire Combo]ing Harino!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 72 ( Total: 72 )
PseudoGM rolled d8+19 and got 8 ( Total: 27 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 27 physical damage!
[OOC] Harino: -1 LP to have it miss
PseudoGM: And that's the end of the round!
[OOC] PseudoGM: ROUND 3]!
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin shouting a word of thanks to Sohl for the heads up, begins blasting the Repair Sentry with her more powerfull Shooting Star!
Yin rolled d100 and got 90 ( Total: 90 )
Yin rolled d10+22 and got 9 ( Total: 31 ) for air damage((extra 3 added because it hasn't acted yet))
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness, causing it to flail around [Frantic - H-Power upgraded to II] as its blasted. [31]!
PseudoGM: Sohl!
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for fire water earth air
Sohl first fixes up Harino with a swelling of magical energy! So much swells, that an extra mote pops out! [Swell]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 83 ( Total: 83 ) for 25
Sohl rolled 1d10+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 )
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
[OOC] Sohl: restore 13 hp
PseudoGM: Mmm, free essance.
PseudoGM: Harino!
Sohl then puts a hand on Harino and blasts some direct healing into her! [Q - Direct Heal]
[E-Earth]
[+8 HP True Healing and Bubble (8)]
Harino nods to Sohl before slashing at the Warmachine, her blade sparkling! [Hero Saber]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 73 ( Total: 73 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 1 ( Total: 11.0 ) for True Heals Harino for 10
[OOC] PseudoGM: 11]!
PseudoGM: The Repair Sentry brandishes its wrench, then gives the Warmachine a [Wack].
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 85 ( Total: 85 )
PseudoGM: Wait
PseudoGM: not wack, a tune up.
[OOC] Sohl: r u sur
PseudoGM: Those are very different abilties
PseudoGM: Yes, because [Tune-Up] cleanses the E-Shatter and gives it a Bubble (20)!
PseudoGM: Wrench!
Wrench slams open the side vents on her gun, ejects the control rod, and kicks it towards the enemies [True 5 Phys to All] before ducking behind a wrecked car to replace it. [Defend] [Reload!]
PseudoGM: The Repair Sentry makes a noise you're *almost certain* is a curse as it tips over and begins smoking, while also obliterating the bubble.
[OOC] PseudoGM: 5] [KO] [1, pop!] [5]!
Wrench licks her snout. "Y'see that babe? That's what they call <span style="font-weight: bold" >clutch</span>."
PseudoGM: The Warmachine unleashes its [Flamethrower] upon the front row once again!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 1 ( Total: 1 )
PseudoGM rolled d8+18 and got 6 ( Total: 24 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 24 fire damahe to Shuu, Harino and Sohl!
PseudoGM: The laser turret humms, barely functioning, before blasting Harino.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 74 ( Total: 74 )
PseudoGM rolled d6+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12 )
PseudoGM: Hitting for 12+weakness air damage!
PseudoGM: Shuu?
Shuu shields himself, though now he's quite badly wounded "Why did they load up a construction robot with this setup"
Sohl aims his axe at the marksman monkey. "We'll have to interrogate that'n!"
Shuu very simply delivers an overhead slash on the Warmachine, sending a wave of fire towards the Laser Turret
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 6 ( Total: 6 ) for 90/20
Shuu rolled 2d8+10 and got 5, 5 ( Total: 20 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 20]! [5], I think?
Shuu strikes for [24] damage the Warmachine and True Strikes the Laser Turret for [5] fire damage
PseudoGM: The turret suddenly bursts into flames! [KO]!
PseudoGM: The Warmachine winds up… then gives a massive punch to Harino! [Slug]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 76 ( Total: 76 )
PseudoGM rolled d8+18 and got 3 ( Total: 21 )
[OOC] Harino: -1 LP to miss
PseudoGM: Nearly hits, but winds up scatting junk into the air instead!
PseudoGM: The monkey makes an angry noise at the warmachine, before leveling its gun at taking a shot at Sohl. [Lead Poisoning]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 )
PseudoGM rolled 2d6+20 and got 4, 1 ( Total: 25 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 25 physical damage and inflicting Long Toxin.
Sohl bullet times the hell out of that shot! [-2 LP]
Sohl: "Whoa!! Whoa-whoa!"
Sohl: "You almost nicked my hat!"
PseudoGM: "Reee!!!"
Harino: "Heavens forbid they damage your hat."
PseudoGM: The Warmachine does another wind up, attempting to [Crush - Pin Combo] Harino once again!!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 13 ( Total: 13 ) for 80/20
PseudoGM: WHAM, crit!
Sohl: "…'s one of my favorite hats!"
[OOC] Harino: -1 LP so that doesn't CRIT
PseudoGM rolled 1d10+19 and got 4 ( Total: 23 ) for no crit.
PseudoGM: HItting her solidly for 23 physical damage, and sending her flying into the back row!
PseudoGM: And that's the end of the round!
[OOC] PseudoGM: ROUND 4
PseudoGM: Yin!
Yin focuses her efforts, hurling wind magics at the looming War Machine again with Shooting Star and hoping to bring it down into the junk piles!
Yin rolled d100 and got 78 ( Total: 78 )
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness!
Yin rolled d10+22 and got 2 ( Total: 24 ) for air damage((extra 3 added again, because it hasn't acted yet))
[OOC] PseudoGM: 24]!
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl: "Ack! I've failed ya', Harino…"
Sohl: "But we're not ready to give up yet!"
Sohl stomps a foot forward and raises his arms above his head again, and motes of all flavors, colors, and elements spring forth from the land, the trash, the metal, the air! They swirl about the party! [OD - Elemental Circle!] [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aYso7j8wsw ]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 ) for 25
Sohl rolled 1d8+10 and got 3 ( Total: 13 ) for HP restoration to everyone
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for fire water earth air
Sohl flicks the air mote at the Warmachine! [Wind 0 - 6 air plus weakness]
[OOC] PseudoGM: 11]!
Harino is sent flying… and can't quite get back to her feet. "…I'm not dead yet." [Shout, Short K-Power & Short E-Power, and +1 Drive to Wrench]
Sohl then rubs his hands together and holds them over Harino… there's a warmth surrounding her, and she is given the pep to stand back up! [Warm]
[OOC] Harino: or not
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 ) for 25
Sohl rolled 1d10+18 and got 10 ( Total: 28.0 ) for revived with this much HP
PseudoGM: And Harino's back on her feet!
Yin cheers for Sohl and seeing Harino stand again! "That was too close to being really bad!"
Sohl: "We're doin' out best!"
Harino picks herself back up, before rushing into the fray, slamming her blades into the Warmachine before hopping back into the front row! "Thanks for the help!" [Dashthrough, C-Air]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 59 ( Total: 59 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for 1d10+13
Harino rolled 1d10+13 and got 6 ( Total: 19.0 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 19]!
PseudoGM: The Warmachine teeter back and forth for a few second, before sliding to one side and collapsing into a heep.
PseudoGM: A moment later a monkey rolls out from inside of it, looking around confused, before spotting the party and dart off into the junkyard. [KO]!
PseudoGM: Harino!
[OOC] Harino: I just killed it… You mean Wrench?
PseudoGM: That is exactly what I attempted to type, yes.
PseudoGM: Wrench!
Wrench draws in the motes of elemental energy, and then fires a blaze of shots directly towards the Marksman. [C-Water+4] [Q-Lion Bracelet] [Wild Shot]
Wrench rolled 1d100-30 and got 62 ( Total: 32.0 ) for 70/20
[OOC] Wrench: -1 LP, For Hundred Reasons
PseudoGM: Hits!
Wrench rolled 1d8+23 and got 5 ( Total: 28.0 )
[OOC] Wrench: 28 physical!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 28]! The gun goes flying out of the monkeys hand as the barrel shatters. It blinks twice, then lets out a shreek before frantically jumping off the remains of the war machine and chasing the other monkey further into the junkyard.
[OOC] PseudoGM: KO
[OOC] PseudoGM: +14 EXP]!
Wrench whistles sharply. "Takes care of that."
Shuu puts his axe on his back "That was genuinely difficult"
Sohl hunches forward, hands on knees, trying to catch a breath he's been holding in. "Haaaaaaah… they're just -unusually- supplied!"
Shuu walks over to the remains of the warmachine "I wonder if it was built just for this floor"
Shuu: "A strange place to put a park in, if that was the case"
Sohl casts a Breeze for Shuu and Harino!
Sohl rolled 1d10+12 and got 9 ( Total: 21 )
Sohl rolled 1d10+12 and got 8 ( Total: 20.0 ) for another one
Yin pats Sohl on the back. "Unusually is a way to describe it. I'd say insanely so"
Harino winces before sheathing her katana. "It's definitely a good thing we all teamed up, I'll say."
Wrench ruffles Harino's ears as she waltzes past her, tail flicking happily. She's whistling.
Shuu shakes his head "Well, nothing to do but continue, then"
Sohl digs around in the wreckage of the warmachine a bit, to see if there's anything good to salvage!
Wrench puts her hand on the back of Sohl's coat, drags him away, and - "Leave it to me."
Wrench rolls up her sleeves, pops a hatch on it, squirms inside, and soon enough there's nuts and bolts and junk flying out of it as she roots through it.
Harino huffs at the ruffling, giving an annoyed glare at Wrench's back, though her tail's wagging some in the aftermath of a good fight.
Sohl: "Whoop!" He's dragged back with little resistance.
PseudoGM: Looks like most of its insides are still perfectly fine - the armor coating saw to that. So you've got a lot of spare parts for your gun. There's still a bit of fuel from the flame thrower you could siphon out too if you got something to put it in, which you could definitely sell off in town…
PseudoGM: And an old cred stick? Looks like it's got… 245 on it, after from fiddling to get it to display properly. Which works out to [+49C] for everyone.
Wrench finally bursts out of the top in a shower of junk, packs full, grinning like a fool. She'll divvy up the credit later - probably should get it in bills - but hey, might as well mark +49C now.
Wrench rolled 2d6+10 and got 4, 5 ( Total: 19.0 )
Wrench fills an empty six-pack full of fuel. Huh, you thought she was just toting that around for nostalgia?
PseudoGM: Whatever works!
Wrench cracks her knuckles and arches her back, stretching all the way out as she continues onwards. Yup, good mood.
Yin turns towards the others while Wrench fiddles with the mech "Hopefully there's a town nearby although I can't imagine there would be on this floor with that thing stomping around"
PseudoGM: On this floor…? Doesn't look like it. With the mess Wrench and the Warmachine made though, you can see you've more or less got a straight shot at the stairs from here, and the rest of the floor sounds clear.
Sohl: "Yeah, there's one pretty close. Not -here-, but close" !
Shuu: "Good, I think we're due for some better rest and a ressuply"
Harino: "I hope so, that was really rough."
PseudoGM: The walk to the staircase probably takes a little longer than normal, given mild exhaustion from the fight, but you still make it there before too long. And this door actually opens up pretty easily - and it's the first time you've ever seen the lights in the stairwell not flicker!
Sohl: "Hey, it's workin' alright!"
Harino: "Maybe it's actually maintained if people are coming down here to sort through the junk?"
Wrench: "Sweet civilization!"
Shuu tilts his head, nods "Though maitenance has been better the higher we go"
Yin: "Maybe the machines were keeping people from coming down. Might be why the park hadn't been properly tended to."
PseudoGM: And popping open the door at the top…! Yup, that's definitely a town. The stairwell going down actually seems to be right in the middle of it - there's a phone booth pretty nearby, and you can see buildings stretching out for a few miles all around you.
Sohl: "Ha-hah! What a sensible place to build a town!"
Shuu blinks "That probably explains it, smack middle of the town"
Shuu: "Awlways unexpected, indeed, Sohl"
Harino: "I guess that's their dumping ground down there, then. Not sure about that machine, though…"
Sohl: "Disposal, burning, compacting…"
Sohl: "We may have made life worse for everyone here!"
Yin: "But maybe better for the lower floors if people can mmove more freely?"
PseudoGM: Even with just a curory glance around Sohl can spot all the important thing though - There's obviously an [Inn] here, and you can see the [Shrine] nearby the phone booth, actually. [General Store]'s over there… looks like there's even a [Magic Store] and an [Enchanters], as well!
Sohl: "Hmm… want to give Floor 1998 a call and let them know what's up?"
Shuu stares at the phone boot "Do you know someone there? Just to avoid a blind call"
Shuu: "I mean I can always call the support line but just to be polite"
Sohl: "A blind call is a conversation with a friend you don't know yet, Shuu."
Wrench flags down a Familiar to cash out the credit stick into bills. "Hey! Hey!"
Wrench: BY WHICH I MEAN:
Wrench fills up everybody's credit from the looted stick, making sure everyone gets [+49C.]
[OOC] Wrench: But you marked it already.
Wrench tosses it over to a Familiar once it's empty, though.
Yin: "Wait Wrench, I still owe you, you and Sohl both, for all the food!"
Harino makes sure to transfer 5C back to Wrench before unhooking, to cover the tuna rations from the first town.
PseudoGM: "Huhwha - ?!" It bounces it a few times before finally catching it and giving Wrench a Look.
Shuu crosses his arms looking around "How about we check on the prices of that Inn and proceed to groceries? I think we all would like to have better supplies for the next stretch"
Sohl: "Hey, if you find somethin' that'll give you an extra punch, spend it on that and we'll call it even!"
Sohl: "And don't forget to buy some rations!"
Wrench cleans out her ear, bashfully looking away as Harino transfers it back. "Sheesh, you're really gonna settle up for that? Sure."
Sohl: "…however I -could- use that 4 credits so, sure!"
Yin makes sure to also give 5 to Wrench and 10 to Sohl for all the food, leaving herself enough to stock up with now.
PseudoGM: Looks like the Inn's going for the standard rate - [20C for a Full Rest].
Wrench heads off to the general store and unloads her salvage. "Torchfuel. And one let me tell you fine battery, right here…" [+19C] [+19C]
PseudoGM: "Oh nice, we were just starting to run low on that. You got yourself a deal!"
Wrench: "Sounds good. We're heading up, so we'll be pickin' up rations. You stock any local maps?"
PseudoGM: "Hrrm. Up, you said? Yeah, we got maps. The one right above us is actually kind of a huge maze with a lot of little critter's runnin' around it. Some over ambitious Maxwellian a couple years back spent a few weeks meticulously maping the place out though. Still got a few copies of it left, if you're interested in buying on."
Shuu looks over Wrench's shoulder "That would be good, how much for it?"
Wrench snorts. "Got me by the balls on that one, wouldn't wanna be wandering around blind."
PseudoGM: "Used to sell 'em at a premium, but the chief got kinda cheesed at that so they're goin' for the standard rate for detailed floor plans - 40C."
Shuu looks at Wrench "Split?"
Wrench: "Deal." She puts in 20C for it.
Yin makes a point to buy some of her own rations: -5 credits/ +5 rations
Shuu covers the other 20C
Sohl heads around to purchase some rations, make various small, easy-to-carry ingredients for future camping… also books a room at the Inn.
Harino will definitely be asking around the town about any troublesome monsters that should be hunted down in the floors above, while doing her own shopping.
Harino and checking out the contracts on the board by the phone booth.
PseudoGM: The Driftin manner the phone booth waves excitedly at Harino when he noticed her looking over the contract board. "Hey, hey! I don't recognize you! That means you're a traveller, right? And a trained one, judging from the swords?"
Wrench buys a fancy looking Toolkit [50C] and a whole pile of rations. [10 for 10C.]
Harino: "Yes, that's right. Just came from the floors below, heading upwards tomorrow most likely."
PseudoGM: "Oh man, perfect! And you're looking for a contract, right?"
Shuu also acquires a set of Rations x5 [5C], he is ALSO going to acquire a Slayer's Charm [10C]… After the Full Rest, please
Harino nods her head, both ears standing at full attention. "Again, correct."
Yin goes to the shrine to make an offering and buys some incense while there, but not before following Sohl's lead and booking a room at the Inn. -25 credits, but Rat's charm is reactivated
PseudoGM: "Thank god! Okay so there's this trader from 2038 here, right? I guess he was bringing a caravan down this way, and they *almost* made it through the maze upstairs just fine, but near the stairwell they got ambushed by the Hobgoblin. And I guess it stole this like, super fancy pants heriloom watch from him? And he's been being a HUGE pain in the ass trying to get us to send anyone available up there to get it back for him. But uh… not really anyone around at the moment suited for that kinda work."
Wrench gets her booking. And out back in the alley, she does the traditional offering to her Slayer's charm: A little bottle of cheap whiskey, a little bottle of cheap medicine, poured together, mingled in the dirt. [-20G and -3G.]
PseudoGM: "So at this point he's up to offering a whole flippin' 60C for the safe return of the watch. You've save my ears a LOT of pain if you'd pick up that contract…!"
Shuu safely stores the charm somewhere safe as he goes over to book a room, he watches Wrench go off for the offering "(Always a hassle)"
Harino nods. "Sounds good to me; knowing our luck we'd run into in anyway."
PseudoGM: "Wooo! You're a life saver."
PseudoGM: He quickly goes through the motions of filling out the contract, then hands it over to Harino. "You can hand it over to whoever once you find it too, in case you don't wind up coming back this way. Guy already said he'd pay for any shipping costs."
Shuu will actually take the chance to find somewhere selling some gas, he goes to whoever supplies kitchens with some and wrangles getting a little bit to recharge the flamer on his axe [2C]. On the process he walks by the phone booth, watching Harino discussing something with another driftin
Harino: "All right, that takes care of my only worry."
Shuu waits until Harino seems done, goes over to her "That looked serious"
Harino blinks, looking over at Shuu. "Oh, I forgot to mention I regularly take some monster-hunting contracts for extra money; looks like someone lost an important watch to this Hobgoblin on the next floor, and since we're going there anyway…"
Shuu: "Aha, I see"
Shuu: "It's a good job, people need that"
Shuu: "I'll keep an eye should we run into it"
Harino: "Yeah, and the client'll even pay for shipping it down, so no need to go return it before actually heading upwards."
Shuu: "Nice"
Harino will also pick up some rations [-5C], grab an inn room [-20C], and make some prayers to the shrine in the morning. [-3C]
PseudoGM: On the whole, it's a pretty nice little town, and people are friendly. Most of the vendors will talk at you for a while if you let them - they're always excited to see new faces - and you can get anything else you might need without too much hassle. The meal serverd at the Inn is pretty nice too, when was the last time your beef stew had real beef in it? And the beds are fluffy and comfortable. It's nice to get a proper nights rest, after all that exploring!
Shuu likes a fluffy bed! Even if his body is pretty hard. "This is quite a nice town"
Sohl eats his fill of beef stew, and plays a bit of info-exchanging with the innkeepers and other guests. Such as, 'what was with the floor below,' or 'anyone else been through lately,' or 'what's the local headache like?'
Harino is very pleased with some real meat, yes!
PseudoGM: People go down there all the time, it sounds like. Most of the stuff down there is still in various states of usable, so it's not like they can just throw stuff out, right? But when things get replaced by newer stuff, it's not like there's much room for the old junk, so the floor below's been used as a big storage shed, more or less. People'll go down there to find spare parts if there's any need for them.
Sohl: "Hm hm, hm hm!"
Sohl: "Well… some of those spares are well beyond melted and gone, now!" He then tells the story of the machine and the monkeys.
Yin: Before settling in for the night Yin wanders around the town on her own for a for a while, chatting with everyone who's willing and making notes in her book. Eventually she makes her way back towards the phones booths, stepping up to the Driftin operator and asking to make a call.
PseudoGM: Sohl's story get a LOT of wide eyes and shocked looks, before a few rounds of applause.
PseudoGM: From the sound of things, people knew there HAD been a warmachine down there, but were all pretty sure it was missing more than a few parts to be functional. People start throwing around a few theories, before settling on one stating that the sentry probably went haywire and started devoting itself to patching up the warmachine because… well… uh. Who knows why ordinal ever do anything they do.
PseudoGM: The monkies are a common pain in the ass though, and you gets some laughs and back pats for beating them up and scaring them off.
Sohl: "Well, they -did- fix it…"
PseudoGM: The Driftin's a lot less excitable with Yin, now that his biggest problem is delt with… probably. Still friendly enough though and makes some light conversation while getting the line set up, then shows you to the room with your call on it.
Yin: After her call she heads to the inn to join everyone else for the night

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License