Toe 03

[F2000] Light filters in through the outside windows a bit earlier than the tower lights would normally. It's a little weird, having that dull tinted green light hit any light sleepers first, but before too long the normal lights come around as well.
Wrench snorts and snores and snarls and pulls herself upright.
Yin with a loud grumble at the lights, Yin sits up and stares dazedly around the camp
Shuu is staring out the window as people wake up "It's beautiful, in a very unique way, isn't it" he says, to the first one that wakes up
Sohl affects a wide, double-armed stretch and yawn as the natural light washes over the party. He blearily blinks a few times, a warm smile growing on his face, before wiping the sleep from his eyes.
Yin: Beautiful is not exactly the word that first comes to mind for me.
Wrench: "Sure," Wrench says.
Shuu: "Guess I just think too much about it"
Harino stretches languishly before hopping to her feet, her tail swaying as she readjusts her rumpled clothing. "It's something, anyway…"
Sohl: "Still is basically like nothin' you'll ever see inside the tower."
Wrench: "Y'ever been out there?"
Sohl: "Unless something -really- diabolical rests on floor one, or floor ten thousand!"
Sohl shakes his head. "No guarantee I wouldn't just lose cohesiveness and dissipate into the outside miasma! I don't know if that's a thing that actually happens, though. Pretty sure it doesn't."
Shuu stands up slowly "A couple of times"
Shuu: "I mean i'm a maxwellian, it's what we're made for (I think)"
Wrench: "S'what I'm made for." Wrench thumps her chest, fist cracking on her taut jumpsuit. "And lemme tell ya, it isn't so pretty without the glass in the way."
Yin whips her head around. "You've been OUTSIDE the Tower?! Is it like that everywhere?" She asks as she gestures outside of the window.
Yin: I didn't think you could even get out of the tower anymore. What with the Miasma and all.
Shuu: "Pretty much, but"
Shuu: "I mean"
Wrench: "Hundred are made for outside-Tower work. Patching seals, weather-proofing. I mean, I haven't done so much of it, but…" She walks away, abandonng the topic, squinting at the trail ahead. [Navigation.]
Shuu: "Maxwellians and Familiars are sort of resilient, if you have radiation shielding" he nods to Wrench "And yeah, as she said"
Shuu: "Nobody can stay out forever, though"
Wrench: "Me and my kin are Miasma-proof. That and the great bodies are what we got goin' for us."
Wrench rolled 4d6 and got 3, 6, 4, 6 ( Total: 19 ) for 2 + 1 + 1
Shuu: "You do indeed have quite a great body, Wrench"
PseudoGM: You could technically open up the hatch you camped out next to right now, if you wanted to. It might make you sick, but you COULD.
Shuu is 100% certain that is Inadvisable and does not even mentions
Harino: "Yeah, well you couldn't pay me enough to go out there, if even just a bit of exposure is what gave my ancestors these…"
Harino flickers her ears and wags her tail in demonstration.
Wrench: "Damn right I do. Could probably arm-wrestle your arm off."
Shuu ponders for a moment, looks at Harino, decides not to make the joke then looks at Wrench "I don't doubt, given the gear you carry. I'll try not to get in an arm wrestling match with you, then"
Shuu looks at Wrench as she looks at the paths ahead, then looks towards the ceiling
Yin readjusts her backpack and looks out the glass one more time before hurrying after Wrench.
Sohl hefts his back, gives a third extinguishing splash to the campfire, and hustles after the leading Hundred.
Wrench does, in fact, climb up the nearby wall, scouting out, perched on a bit of rebar as she appraises the situation. She calls down:
Wrench: "Thinkin on it. We got a dilemma."
Yin: "What do you see?"
Wrench scurries back down.
Harino shakes her head, making sure her katanas are clear in their sheaths as she follows after. "What's that?"
Shuu looks up at Wrench "What happened"
Wrench: "Blockade in one direction, road's all torn and pitted up - don't know what caused the damage - in the other."
Wrench: "If anybody's got a line to run, I say we should break west. If we had some explosives - like, a clearance charge? - I'd say east."
Wrench: "Since we don't, our amateur maintenance crew's looking at trouble."
Yin: "A bloackade like from the Sentries?"
Wrench nods. "Yeah, like that. Beefier, though. I don't fancy my chances at scaling it direct, though I might be able to rip through."
Shuu considers "I don't think any of us is carrying any breaching equipment"
Sohl: "Mm… it's been done before, which is to say- maybe we should think we should find another way."
Sohl: "Although… explosives?"
Sohl grins at the party. "Pretty sure a big enough charge of magic would work too, ya' think?"
Shuu looks at Sohl "Think you can pull that off?"
Wrench shrugs. "Could try it."
Wrench: "If we don't get it in one blast, it's gonna be long, tiring work, though."
Sohl: "Hah!" He shakes his head. "Wouldn't be me."
Sohl turns to Yin and presents a presenting hand!
Shuu taps his forehead twice "What did you mean with a line, by the way"
Sohl: "It'd be the one who's got a lot of burst!"
Wrench: "Road's all pitted with chasms and fissures. Be taking some risks hopping over it, basically. I'd wanna secure a rope to keep anyone from falling."
Wrench: "But instead, we'd be taking our chances."
Yin: "Uh well I mean, I've never blown anything up before like that, but I can try"
Wrench: "First time for everything, babe. Let's go."
Shuu: "Hrm… I could navigate that with some degree of ease but I doubt we're all equipped for that"
Shuu: "On Yin's hands it is"
Wrench breaks east, leading the way.
Harino cocks her head to the side, considering. "Well, I could try making my way through that way, or I could help with the barricade also?" (( Strength 3 and Agility 3 ))
Wrench flashes a grin at Harino. "If you can cut through in one stroke, I'd be real impressed."
Shuu: "I think we'll have better chances at the barricade"
Sohl: "Might be a good idea, Harino!"
Sohl: "Some sort of 'magic and muscle' technique, a dual… somethingorother."
Harino grins back, drawing both of her katanas and twirling them before resheathing then. "Won't know until I try."
Yin: "Will probably be very helpful if I can't outright take it down"
PseudoGM: Alright, barricade way it is!
Yin: "So to the barricade and away from the dangerous drop offs. Any view on a number of hostiles Wrench?"
Wrench: "Hell if I know. We'll get company."
Harino: "And then we'll smash it?"
Wrench nods as she pushes along the trail. "Damn right. Love ya, babe."
Yin: "Seems counter intuitive for a maintenance crew, but simple plans are hard to beat!"
PseudoGM: A few hours of wandering later, it seems like you'll be dealing with the barricade first, at least. You can see it from a bit of a ways out - there's a lot more metal to this one, and a lot of it's been melted or welded together, and it
PseudoGM: s been building up for long long that it's peeking out from above the tree tops this time.
Shuu looks up at the top of the barricade "How long have they been building this?"
Wrench crosses her arms. "Too damn long."
Yin: "Geeze you weren't kidding about it being beefier"
PseudoGM: More than a few decades at least, judging from the coloration.
Wrench: "I don't kid on scouting, lady."
Sohl: "Practically a landmark…" He strokes his beard.
PseudoGM: It's hard to tell exactly how thick it is it, since you can't really see the ends, but you're reasonably confident it'd take some effort in order to blast through it. Of course, trying to climb up and over it's an option too.
Harino softly whistles, her ears drooping as she looks at it. "Yes, that's much bigger than I was expecting." She shakes her head and then pats the hilts at her side. "But we won't know until we try."
Yin looking up the large wall, "Maybe we should try the other path after all… Or see if there might just be a way around. Any idea how wide it is?"
Wrench: "We're not getting around it." Wrench states, matter-of-factly.
Sohl rolled 4d6 and got 1, 4, 2, 4 ( Total: 11 ) for lore
Sohl thinks harder. [-2 LP] 4->5 4->5
PseudoGM: You can see the barricade extending in both directions without end, at least.
Shuu looks at the barricade "It's uneven, we could climb but that's extra dangerous…" he looks up, there's any attack ports up there that they could use to get into it?
PseudoGM: (You had to take a pretty signifigant detour to get here, Wrench has been avoiding the center of the floor while guiding you)
[OOC] Yin: Is there an easily visable door or gate?
[OOC] Yin: or is it a seemingly solid wall all the way across
PseudoGM: Hmm. After a bit of scanning around the area… doesn't look like any doors, gates, windows, or even smaller drop hatches or arrow slits. Whoever made it wasn't concerned with being able to pass or see through it.
Shuu: "Well, we'll have time to cut through, at least. They don't seem like they expected to use this as a fortress, just a big wall"
Wrench: "Just the stupidest thing. Harino, you wanna show off?"
Shuu walks closer to the wall and taps it, to get a feel for how dense it is "Just concentrate fire on it, I guess? There's no need to do anything larger than a passage for us"
Shuu: "You should go ahead, yes"
Yin: "I guess this as good a spot as any then"
Yin rolled 4d6 and got 6, 5, 6, 2 ( Total: 19 ) for Sorcery to blast a hole in the barricade
[OOC] Yin: -3 LP to make all of them successes
PseudoGM: No need for that, you already have three out of the needed two successes
[OOC] Sohl: ice you don't get it, yin is looking to -annihilate a mountain-
Harino nods, getting ready to draw them again, when she sees Yin getting ready. "…We'll see if I'm needed first, I guess?"
[OOC] Yin: I won't use them if they won't help
PseudoGM: So, Yin's basically got the perfect spell for this already - Hunter Beam! When it's in unsealed mode, it keeps getting more and more potent the longer you focus the beam on a single target and place, right? It takes a little while to bore a hole through it, and you're a bit tired from using one spell for that long at a time - but in about ten minutes Yin's got a pretty sizable chuck of the barricade melted away.
PseudoGM: Wrench'll probably need to crouch to get through, but once it cools a little you can pass without issue.
Yin looks to Harino woozily. "The plan was might and magic right?"
Shuu whistles "You are actually amazing, Yin"
Harino giggles a little, moving over to help Yin stay steady. "Only if needed; looks like magic was enough."
Yin gives Shuu two thumbs up and leans greatfuly on Harino, "Glad to be helpful"
Shuu looks at the opened hole, and starts moving through it "Time to see what's across"
Yin: "It look a while so I would not surpised if there was an alarm sounded"
Wrench crouches and pushes her way through.
Harino helps Yin through the hole once it's cooled down enough. "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."
Sohl ambles on through with little trouble!
Yin nods and slips through the hole
Sohl: "Well… just don't go idly pickin' at things in this makeshift tunnel, here."
PseudoGM: On the other side… no sign of the sentries yet. The forest isn't quite as dense over here either, so it's relatively easy to pick up the pace and make sure if there are some around, they don't see you crawling out of the new hole.
Sohl: "Y'might have gotten a chunk of misama to the face! We should put up a 'do not enter' sign or something at the end, keep out less-hardy travellers."
Yin: "Should we make a break for the trees?"
Sohl waves off the question. "Oh, nah, we're out of the worst of the danger, now." Pauses, and then goes- "Oh, but I guess that spectacle may have attracted attention…"
Shuu: "I'd rather we move faster, this doesn't seems like a place that's under watch"
Wrench just hits the trail, pushing onwards.
PseudoGM: And you're in the clear. There's a fair bit more walking to be done though, as the party continues to circle around the center of the floor. Looks like the stairs here where on the complete far side of the floor - something that doesn't actually happen as often as one might thing.
Yin , having caught her breath again, follows closely behind "Thanks for the hand Harino"
Shuu: "I wonder most stairways aren't this far apart from each other"
Shuu: "It would make more sense than how they are as it is"
Wrench: "Floorplans are supposed to be unpredictable."
Sohl: "Oh, well, that's on account of the monsters, yeah."
Harino: "You're welcome."
Sohl: "We made pretty good time today, though!"
Sohl: "Even as draining as it was."
PseudoGM: More walking, and walking, and walking… Honestly it's probably a good thing you got a bit of an earlier start this morning, since the light are already most of the way through the process of dimming down to nighttime mode before the stairwell leading upward finally comes into view.
Yin: "Stairs! Hopefully the next floor will have less… trees. Or at the very least less blockades"
Shuu: "Less day-long marches, too"
PseudoGM: The area for a few miles around it looks like it's been pretty well cleared out too. No trees, no grass, not even dirt. Just steel floor, leading upto it, with more than a few dents and char marks cover it. Every so often you'll see different pattersn of magical glyphs and sigils carved into the ground, too, as well a huge lightly glowing magical circle along one of the far walls (which gets easier to see the darker it gets, even in the distance).
Sohl rubs some dirt off of the brim of his hat in thought. "Guess the floor sentry isn't that much of a gardener…"
Shuu: "Hrm… Terrain that's been blasted, a barricade, and now this"
Shuu: "I imagine something quite dangerous is prowling this place"
Wrench gives a startled look at Shuu - "Hell, didn't even think of that."
Shuu: "And the barricade was perhaps not meant to halt travellers, but whatever it is going on here"
Shuu: "I just thought of it myself"
Wrench: "Yeah, if there's a warcrawler still moving, we…" She unholsters her gun before advancing into the badlands.
Wrench: "Yeah, but you not thinking of it is regular, me forgetting to raise the point is embarrassing."
Sohl: "The barricade really -is- more of a, uh… 'historical curiosity' more than anything."
Sohl: "The whole 'pockets of miasma' thing wasn't really a joke."
Sohl: "But, I mean, maybe a rogue sentry. Eyes peeled and brims up!"
PseudoGM: It's actually kind of weird stepping off of the grass and dirt and onto the metal. Not that stepping on metal itself is weird just - not having those couple of feet of earth underfoot makes then distance up to the ceiling feel all kinds of wrong.
Yin: "Something is feeling more and more off about this whole place. Let's hurry"
Harino: "No argument here."
Shuu watches carefully around as they proceed "Damaged terrain is always omnious"
PseudoGM: About two thirds of the way there, Shuu happens to step on one of the glyphs as the group is walking along, and it lights up
Wrench: "Look alive, boys!" Runes out, gunes out.
PseudoGM: And then keeps lighting up, until a near blinding pillar of light errupts from it and up towards the ceiling, while making a strange, howling noise.
Yin looks at the now errupting rune. ((Is it a similar setup to our previous campsite?))
Shuu looks down, immediately jumps back, covering his eyes from the light "Summoning rune?"
PseudoGM: A handful of them are similar, but a whole bunch more of them are unfamiliar, Yin, like the only Shuu stepped on.
PseudoGM: A few moments later you hear a skeeching noise from the ceiling, then hear two dull thuds as something slams into the ground, following by three bats swooping down towards the party. They more or less look like normal bats, but three times the size… and… well… one of the arms is about ten times the size of the over, and covered in muscle.
[OOC] PseudoGM: ROUND ONE
Sohl warily judges the bats and raises his axe in defense. "That… what kind of monstrocity is that!"
Sohl: "That's why you never skip 'other half of your wings' day!"
Harino draws one of her katanas. "The kind of monstrosity that won't live much longer?"
Yin: "And how is it not just flying in circles from the imbalance!?"
PseudoGM: The red shapes sort of unfold, looking like three magnets stuck together and sort of moving like catepillers. After a few seconds to shake themselves out, they start warmbling, and the air in the immediate area begins to warm up. Shuu even bursts into flames! [Spark]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 74 ( Total: 74 ) for 80
PseudoGM: Short Burning!
PseudoGM: The other creature begins to hum as the pillar of flames explodes briefly and intensely. [Fwoosh!]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 95 ( Total: 95 ) for 100/25
Shuu blinks, as he ignites "What the-" he starts patting himself down
PseudoGM rolled d6+15 and got 4 ( Total: 19 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 19 fire damage!
[OOC] Shuu: To everyone I presume?
PseudoGM: To Shuu.
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin withdraws her large grimoire once again as she assesses the closest bat with her [Q] Sixth Sense.
Shuu then shields himself from the explosion with both arms "I see"
PseudoGM: The Bat's WeaK to Air!
Dicebot:// Multiple Dice Error: Unable to parse D100 in D100
[OOC] Shuu: small d
[OOC] Shuu: Don't worry ain't nobody judgin'
Yin rolled d100 and got 45 ( Total: 45 ) for She then unleashes an Unsealed blast of [Shooting Star] attempting to force it to the ground.
Yin rolled d10+23 and got 2 ( Total: 25 ) for quicken 1
[OOC] PseudoGM: 25], as it slammed into the ground!
PseudoGM: //Harino?

PseudoGM: The other two bats make angry sounding noises as Yin as they land and flex their larger arms.
Yin: "Uhhh… Shoo bats"
Harino dashes forward to slash at Bat A while it's down! [Rally Strike, C-Air]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 31 ( Total: 31 ) for 80/10
PseudoGM: Hits!
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12.0 ) for +2 drive t oHarino, Shuu, and Sohl
[OOC] PseudoGM: 12]!
Shuu grins, and spreads his arms wide as a halo of light appears behind his back "Alright, advanced drive active!" he pulls out his axe and takes a ready stance "Thanks, Harino"
PseudoGM: It reels back for a second, then darts around to the side - ultimately can't find the opening it's looking for - then crouches down before laying into Shuu with an [Uppercut - Fire Combo]!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 60 ( Total: 60 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled d8+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 18 physical damage and inflicting Short Curse to Shuu! The force of the strike then spreads out past him, True Striking Harino and Sohl each for 4 physical, as well.
PseudoGM: Wrench!
Wrench dashes in to a crouch by Harino's side, firing a blaze of shots at her target, Bat A. [Semiauto] [C-Rush!]
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 81 ( Total: 81 ) for C80/20
Shuu gets uppercutted by a bat, on fire "This feels just slightly ridiculous"
[OOC] Wrench: Do I Get Part Online If I Miss?
[OOC] Wrench: -1 LP doesn't matter
Wrench rolled 1d8+16 and got 3 ( Total: 19.0 )
Wrench: Hitting for 19 physical damage!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 19]!
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Shuu takes a step back, the Burly Bat A [Q - Crashing Exit]
Shuu then spins around once and tosses his axe at the Burly Bat A, and rush after it! The axe flies right past and ahead the bat, tearing a spatial distortion behind it, Shuu on the other hand jumps and lands a flying kick on the bat, and flies right past it and into the distortion himself True Striking it for [8] Physical damage. [Distort]
[OOC] PseudoGM: 8]!
Shuu seems to just reappear in the party's back row "Ow, still"
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 2d4 and got 4, 3 ( Total: 7 ) for fire water earth air
Sohl sends an air mote flying into Bat A! [Wind 0] [True Strike 6+5 damage from weakness!]
Sohl then goes rushing at that same bat with an axe strike!! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 84 ( Total: 84 ) for 80
Sohl [-1 LP]
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
PseudoGM: You very nearly miss, but then it slips at just the right moment for your axe to connect, and connect it does.
[OOC] PseudoGM: KO
PseudoGM: Burly Bat B hops forward, punching at Sohl. [Attack]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 76 ( Total: 76 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled d6+8 and got 6 ( Total: 14 )
PseudoGM: Hitting for 14 physical!
PseudoGM: It then hops back a few times, looking [Impatient - +2 Drive when Bats don't combo!]
PseudoGM: Bat C then rushes in, jabbing at Sohl as well. [Attack - Launch Combo]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 71 ( Total: 71 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled d6+14 and got 1 ( Total: 15 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 15 physical!
Sohl sidesteps that blow! [-1 LP]
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round one!
PseudoGM: Shuu is very briefly no longer on fire!
Shuu is happy for the round ending because he was pretty mezzed up there for a second
PseudoGM: I say briefly, because as soon as it dies out, Red Rollar B begins to humm loudly as sparks kick back up once again. [OD - Bonfire]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for 100
PseudoGM: Inflicting Short Burning II on Shuu, before exploding those flames into a larger pillar of flames. [Fwoosh!]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM: Burst!
[OOC] Shuu: What even
[OOC] Shuu: A 4?!
PseudoGM rolled d6+18 and got 2 ( Total: 20 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 20 fire damage!
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin attampts to douse the [Red roller B] and keep them from throwing more fire at Shuu, casting Mirage Bubbles
Yin rolled d100 and got 69 ( Total: 69 )
Shuu tries dodging the flames, but has literally no luck with that "Okay, ITake it you don't like me"
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness!
[OOC] Yin: oh it targets 2, both rollers then
Yin rolled 1d6+7 and got 4 ( Total: 11 ) for 10+7 from hitting the weakness
PseudoGM: ….[21] [21] I think!
PseudoGM: Red Roller B decides that Water Is Bad, and Yin should be on fire as well. [OD - Bonfire]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 ) for 100
PseudoGM: And set Yin aflame! Short Burning II!
PseudoGM: It then explodes the flames into a much larger and destructive pillar of fire. [Fwoosh]!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for 100/25
PseudoGM rolled d6+15 and got 6 ( Total: 21 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 21 fire damage to Yin, too!
PseudoGM: Harino?
Wrench: (Pin Please, if available!)
[OOC] Harino: Oh look, that even has a Water combo.
Harino dashes forward and slashes hard at Burly Bat B! [Strike Down, C-Water]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 29 ( Total: 29 ) for 80/10
PseudoGM: Hits
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 8 ( Total: 18.0 ) for -5 Drive
[OOC] PseudoGM: 18]! [Suppressed]!
PseudoGM: Wrench!
Wrench hops into the air and trains her gun onto Burly Bat B, locking on with the [Scope] while it's smacked into place - "Right on target, babe!"
[OOC] Wrench: C-Pin
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 67 ( Total: 67 ) for 100/20
Wrench rolled 1d8+14 and got 6 ( Total: 20.0 )
Wrench: Shooting it for 20 physical damage!
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Shuu puts his axe down on the ground "Alright, that's a lot of very dangerous foes" he spreads his arms wide as the halo on his back grows brighter "Releasing limiters" he brings both of his hands forward as sparks of dark energy gather in between his palms forming a black sphere "Go, Degenerator Cannon" he flicks the sphere gently in the middle of all the enemies. The sphere begins to
Shuu suck everything up harder and harder until they brings all the foes crashing down in the center and against eachother. It compressed them for a while before finally giving up and exploding with massive force, sending them all scattering back again dealing [12] Supreme damage to all enemies [OD - Degenerator Cannon] [https://youtu.be/qu1uRmk_4WY]
[OOC] PseudoGM: 12] [12] [12] [12]!
Shuu simple tilts himself backwards as he disappears, reappearing above the Red Roller A, he comes crashing down on it with his right fist, bringing it into the ground before he disappears, reappearing in the front row again [Warp Strike]
Shuu rolled 1d100-15 and got 65 ( Total: 50.0 ) for 90/20
Wrench: (Diiiid you mean to defend instead of taking all that damage<3)
[OOC] Shuu: Hrm
[OOC] Shuu: Actually I should shouldn't I?
PseudoGM: Don't stop him Wrench… he's on fire…!
Shuu is actually on fire, it would probably be better just to chill out in the back row and take the chance his system's cooling off from his super form and [Defend]
PseudoGM: That's fine too, I guess.
PseudoGM: Sohl!
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for fire water earth air
Sohl: "Here, let me help you out some more!" He runs up to Shuu, and puts a gloved hand on one of the burnt places. With a loud "HI-YAAAAAAAAA!" there's a burst of healing sent into Shuu! [Quick, Direct Heal] [+Water Essence]
[+16 HP to Shuu]
Sohl then weaves his hand about and conjures a healing [Breeze] to Shuu and Yin!
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 ) for 25
Sohl rolled 1d10+12 and got 10 ( Total: 22 )
Restoring 22 HP to both!
Shuu nods to Sohl, as the halo of light behind his back dims and vanishes "Thanks, I needed that"
PseudoGM: Bat B winds up, before darting forward and slamming an [Uppercut - Fire Combo] into Harino's jaw!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 87 ( Total: 87 ) for 80
PseudoGM: But goes wide! And slows itself in the process.
PseudoGM: Bat C jumping after it, giving Harino a punch of its own [Attack - Launch Combo]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 5 ( Total: 5 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled d6+14 and got 2 ( Total: 16 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 16 physical!
PseudoGM: And that's the end of the round! Yin's not burning anymore!
PseudoGM: Red Rollar B spins in place, sending [Spark]s flying towards Harino.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 86 ( Total: 86 ) for 80
Wrench kicks out a tripod for her gun and flashes a grin. [M-Water, please!]
[OOC] Yin: And full health again! Hooray!
[OOC] Wrench: Oh Huh Yin's About to Witching Hour
PseudoGM: Yin?
Yin: Overdrive!
Yin focuses all her energy into a whirling orb of oily smoke, resealing all her spells and causing a Witching Hour! She hurls this orb into the enemy back line where it errupts into a torrent of elemental force, hitting Roller A for 12 Supreme damage and roller B for 8 supreme damage!
PseudoGM: Ah -
PseudoGM: that move probably isn't worded as good as it could be!
PseudoGM: If the extra hits target new enemies, they do the full 12 too. They only deal 4 if you try and double tap, to keep single target damage from ballooning too much.
Yin: should it be 16 to one and 12 to the other?
PseudoGM: So you can do 12 to three, or 16 to one and 12 to the other, or w/e
PseudoGM: (or 20 to one)
Yin: 16 to A and 12 to B!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 16] [12]!
PseudoGM: And the normal action!
Yin: Yin also whips up an new spell hurling more Mirage Bubbles at both Roller A and B!
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness!
Yin rolled 1d8+17 and got 6 ( Total: 23 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 23] [23]!
PseudoGM: They're both [KO]d! Though still, uh, sparking and radiating heat.
PseudoGM: …And then Red Roller A [Explodes]
PseudoGM rolled 5d6 and got 2, 5, 5, 3, 2 ( Total: 17 )
Also rolled 2d6 and got 3, 6 [Total: 9]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 26
PseudoGM rolled d8+10 and got 3 ( Total: 13 )
PseudoGM: The pillar of flames juts out of it from a weird angle, which manages to clip Burly Bat C for [13] damage!
PseudoGM: Harino!
Harino 's blade shines as she slashes at Bat B! [Hero Saber]
Sohl raises his guard a bit, wary of the remaining fallen roller… but there's still a fight to be had!
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 36 ( Total: 36 ) for 80*10
PseudoGM: Hits!
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 7 ( Total: 17.0 ) for self-True healed for 10
[OOC] PseudoGM: 17]!
PseudoGM: Wrench!
Wrench fires a blaze of shots upwards, and a rain of junk-mingled icicles crash down on the remaining enemies! [Wild Shot] [C-Water]
Wrench clicks her [Lion Bracelet] into place first, shunting more power in-
Wrench rolled 2d100 and got 94, 71 ( Total: 165 ) for 90/20 (-30) Bat B C
[OOC] Wrench: -1 LP for the hit!
PseudoGM: Two hits!
Wrench rolled 1d8+20 and got 8 ( Total: 28.0 )
[OOC] PseudoGM: 28]!
Wrench: Inflicting 28 physical damage to both of them!
PseudoGM: Bat C managed to crawl out a moment later but it doesn't look like B managed to. [KO]
PseudoGM: Shuu?
Shuu looks at the final enemy, he picks up his axe again, but there's some old, worn-out charm wrapped around his left wrist. He slashes at the air once, opening a tear in space, and jumps inside [Q - Wrought Clover]
Shuu appears under the final Burly Bat suddenly, delivering his own uppercut out of nowhere, but with a large axe instead of his fist [Warp Strike]
Shuu rolled 1d100 and got 23 ( Total: 23 ) for 90/20
Shuu will strike with maximum force! [1 LP]
PseudoGM: Crit!
Shuu rolled 2d8+26 and got 2, 5 ( Total: 33 )
Shuu strikes with tremendous force for [33] damage and flies through the air, landing back in the front of the party
PseudoGM: Pretty sure that should have one more die
Sohl: "Everyone's really lettin' loose!"
Shuu rolled 1d8 and got 3 ( Total: 3 ) for I thought it was 1s8 base, whoops
[OOC] Shuu: That's [36]
PseudoGM: Sohl!
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 1 ( Total: 1 ) for fire water earth air
Shuu: "That's just how things work out for us, it seems"
Sohl pops the Earth mote into his mouth! [Quick, Pure Mana - +5 MP] He then attacks the remaining bat! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 80 ( Total: 80 ) for 80
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 1 ( Total: 13 )
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round three!
PseudoGM: The other red roller finally seems to have reached its burst point too, and [Explode]s!
PseudoGM rolled 5d6 and got 3, 6, 5, 1, 4 ( Total: 19 )
d6: 6 [Total: 6]
[OOC] Sugarlips: Grand Total: 25
PseudoGM rolled d8+10 and got 8 ( Total: 18 )
PseudoGM: Flames shoot out at strange angles, nailing Shuu and Bat C both for 18 fire damage!
PseudoGM: …Which killed the bat. [KO]!
PseudoGM: …Seems clear now. [+15 EXP]!
Yin laughs at the irony for the bat, getting killed by it's comrade.
Wrench spins her ground. "One way to clean shop. Let's get going."
Wrench: "Place gives me the creeps."
Shuu shields himself with his arms again "Yes, let's go"
Shuu: "Before something else decides to find out my melting point"
Sohl: "What a dangerous lot, yes. I'll patch us up a bit."
Sohl conjures a Breeze for Shuu and himself.
Shuu puts his axe back on his back and looks at the direction of the stairwell "This seemed like it was a defense mechanism, however"
Shuu: "I wonder for what reason"
Sohl rolled 1d10+12 and got 6 ( Total: 18 )
PseudoGM: Being a little more careful not to step on any of the symbols on the ground this time, you get to the stairwell without anything else jumping out to kill you.
Harino lets out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding once they reach the stairwell. "All clear now, I hope."
Sohl: "Wonder if the glyphs at the downward stairs were someone setting up a similar trap, but… got scared away by something?"
Yin: "Maybe. Either way, we'd probably be best to watch out for them up these stairs as well"
PseudoGM: Like the last two doors it needs a bit of a shove to pop it open from all the unuse. The stairs are in better condition at least. Lights seem like they're not flicking quite as much as the last floor, either.
Shuu takes a moment to look at the door "Must be an effective trap, I imagine" he looks up the stairwell "Better condition, I wonder what the difference is. Still bad, though"
PseudoGM: There's a few more glyphs inside, but they're just a standard monster alarms and miasma wards you're all pretty used to seeing. (well, most of you are used to seeing, anyway)
PseudoGM: But none of those strange ones from outside
Yin pauses briefly before heading up the stairs to try to sketch a couple of the odd runes into her book for her notes.
Yin: "Maybe we can find out more as we go higher"
Sohl: "Find the person who plopped 'em all down, sit down for an interview, all- 'hey! Why'd you make travellin' such a hassle!
Harino: "Can't hurt to ask."
Shuu: "A good idea, Sohl"
Sohl wipes some dust off of a guardrail above the stairs. "Eh, maybe they're doing it to prevent monster migration. 's why I can think that you'd put them right on or next to the stairwells."
PseudoGM: Up, up, up…! Hm. Nope, no more wards. Pushing open the door, you're greated to a fairly nice looking, almost park-ish type area. There's a few benches set up, and a few small ponds with even smaller fish inside of them spread out around the area. Some old vending machines that look like they haven't been stocked in a few decades are along the walls. Near the center of the park area there's a large stone, which has ring of gylphs etched into its center.
Sohl: "But, well, if monsters are migrating, there may be bigger problems afoot."
Yin: "Well that's a refreshing surprise"
Shuu blinks "Now this is a nice place"
PseudoGM: There's even some brick walls set up around the park area, with a pathway leading to a gate that presumably leads into the floor proper.
Shuu: "As with everything, somewhat forgotten, but still"
Yin: "Makes the moster ward theory a bit more plausible as well if they're trying to keep them out of here"
Sohl rumbles a deep, slow laugh.
Sohl: "This place… is hallowed."
Shuu looks at Sohl "What do you mean?"
Sohl ambles forward a bit, almost running a hand on the stone, but stopping short.
Sohl: "Shuu, you mentioned somethin' about the core of the tower bein' damaged."
Sohl: "So- where is the core?"
Shuu just points straight to the ceiling "Pretty high up"
Shuu: "Half a mind of mine to say it's the highest floor, but the precise coordinates of the core are forgotten, one would imagine on purpose"
Shuu: "Which is stupid, in my opinion, but it is what it is"
Sohl turns around, putting hand to chin and tapping his foot in thought.
Sohl: "The inscription here is an old… old, old, old dwarven prayer."
Shuu: "I would be surprised if any of you even knew the core existed" he blinks, stares at Sohl "Oh?"
Sohl: "It doesn't quite translate to a modern tongue."
Sohl: "But it's a… heck I guess it'd be bittersweet reminder about what happens when one dies, returning to the aether." He grins widely. "A lot more relevant for dwarves back in the day."
Sohl: "But also, even in death, the flow of the aether must continue, and life, and death, must go on."
Yin looks around the park "Sohl, is this a graveyard of sorts then?"
Shuu: "An interesting prayer…"
Sohl: "Y' gotta keep putting one foot in front of the other, to avoid stagnation."
Shuu: "I think a piece of wisdom most seem to have forgotten those days"
Sohl shakes his head. "Nah, nothin' quite like that. It's actually chock full of magic."
Sohl: "A large part of the tower's construction isn't just physical, but magical too. An area like this is a, uh…" He waves a hand in circles, searching for the words.
Sohl: "I guess it'd be like a relay, or junction, or… crossroads of sorts."
Sohl: "The magics of the tower kinda flow through it and places like this help ensure that the magic keeps flowin'."
Shuu moves closer to the stone "I see, this must work like an elevator station"
Sohl: "Heh! I guess it's almost like a heart, pumpin' the blood through."
Sohl: "That's probably the best way to think about it."
Shuu looks around, how badly maintained is this area?
Yin: "A node for the magical energies"
Sohl: "Thinkin' of the tower as its own being. With multiple hearts."
Sohl: "Anyway." He brings his hands up to the shoulder straps of his pack, sort of bracing himself within them. "That's why your talk about a 'core' of the tower bein' damaged interested me."
Sohl: "'cause I've never really heard of such a thing, aside from these here places."
PseudoGM: Actually now that you mention it there's a goat wandering around the park, Shuu.
Shuu looks at the goat
Shuu: "I wonder why they built a park here, given how important it is"
Shuu: "Even more, I wonder why it's been handed back to nature in such a manner"
Sohl: "It's all part of it, I'd say. Look at how easy it is to navigate!"
Sohl: "Sometimes, life is kind."
PseudoGM: …Aside from the goat keeping the grass managable though it doesn't look like anyone's been through here in a while. (As incidated by the empty and dusty vending machines.)
Shuu shakes his head "They'd completely forgotten, though"
Shuu: "Nobody's doing maitenance in this area, it's forgotten"
Sohl: "Oh yeah?"
Harino: "I imagine no one's been through the area for a while, considering the past stairwells, too."
Sohl heads over to one of the vending machines and digs around in his pack… he leaves behind a day's worth of rations, the kind he's held on before he reached F1997… something a bit older. (And not just because it's staler!)
Shuu clenches his left fist "Even if the very park is part of the relay's design, this isn't… This place has been left behind and forgotten"
Shuu: "They've been giving up on maitenance left and right. No doubt if this place fails the lower floors end up cut off, maybe there's failsafes but why count on them? They're there for emergencies not for… This"
Shuu looks around "We better move on… Or no, rather, I think we better wait here for the night"
Shuu: "It's been far too long as it is, we're probably all tired. And… I guess I feel like doing at least a little bit of cleanup here"
Shuu looks at the benches, the entire setup to the park (is there a fountain, perhaps?) "This looks like the kind of place you'd have a picnic at, too, shouldn't be difficult to find a suitable area"
Yin: "It seems safe enough around here either way. I wouldn't mind sticking around and making this place nice again"
Sohl: "Thaaaaaaaat's the spirit."
Wrench: "Sure. I'll see if I can't get a beer out of the vending machine."
Sohl: "Should probably still set up a solid perimeter- you're not wrong that this place hasn't seen physical use in a while, but… heck, we just up and changed that, didn't we! Let's not invite too much trouble…" He idly murmurs as he begins to set up camp.
PseudoGM: There's DEFINITELY a fountain, Shuu.
PseudoGM: And it's actually still working, too!
Shuu knew it! At least there's some good water to be had!
PseudoGM: So yeah, go ahead and set up camp. The goat will let you know if you try and go anywhere it doesn't want you.
Sohl rolled 4d6 and got 3, 5, 5, 3 ( Total: 16 )
Camp is easy to set up, and the quietness of the area doesn't work against them. [The night passes uneventfully.] In the morning, Sohl might wake up one of the late risers with the sound of grinding, as he grinds up some coffee beans and uses some of the fresh water to make some good coffee. [+4 MP]
Shuu actually wants clean the place up a little bit and repair it, make sure the walls aren't crumbling (too bad) and check to see if there's any intrusion countermeasures and other such things. If anything just make this place look nicer, he'll skip on some sleep for that
Wrench opens the gate. "Gonna slip out and scout. See what I can get."
Wrench rolled 4d6 and got 3, 2, 6, 4 ( Total: 15 ) for 2 + 1 + 1
Wrench rolled 2d6+10 and got 6, 3 ( Total: 19.0 )
Wrench returns before dark. "Trashyard." She's tossing a battery - the label faded, but the contacts pristine - up and down in her hand. "Sniffed this out, though." [Scored a mint-condition battery, worth 19G.]
Sohl: "Hey, nice find!"
Yin: "Neat! Any sign of a town or people living on this floor while you were out?"
Wrench checks her bag - and curses - and starts patching up a hole in it. "Hmph. Not before it started getting dark. We'll see."
Shuu offers up to Wrench a small sewing set. It is, in fact, designed for those with Very Large Hands. "Too bad we don't have better mapping anymore"
Sohl passes out a number of rations. "Hopefully we -are- gettin' close to someplace, though."
Shuu picks up one "We're always getting close to somewhere, isn't it?"
Wrench eats from her own rations, in fact. "Yup."
Harino breaks out one of her cans of tuna, lounging on one of the benches. "I guess there's some logic to that."
Shuu: "It's just a funny platitude" he sits down on a bench this time "But I do believe the town floors aren't too far apart at least"
Yin takes one of the rations that Shol has on offer, nodding her thanks.
Sohl: "Mm, well… think positive! And remember positive- yeah, I'm pretty sure we're only one or two away, now."
Yin: "I hope you're right. I'd love to sleep in a real bed again. And keeping one shape too long gets… itchy."
Sohl finishes off a handful of dried cherries and nuts.
Wrench snorts. "Y'need me to scratch your wings?"
Yin looks dubiously at Wrench's claws "Thnaks, but also, no thanks"
Harino can't help but giggle to herself at Yin's refusal.
Shuu looks at Yin, looks at Wrench, and starts laughing
Wrench leans back and finishes off her rations. "So, y'can't be that itchy."
Sohl: "Geheheh!"
Yin waves her hand vaguely grinning at everyone else's good humor, "That's not exactly the right word for it anyway, but it conveys the idea"
PseudoGM: …All in all, it's a pretty pleasent evening. Who knows what the morning'll bring, though!

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License