toe-02

[F1999] The lights have just finished their morning proceedure and gotten back up to full brightness, leaving anyone potentially still asleep much less reason to stay as such.
Shuu is sitting, simple as that, still resting his back against one of the fences. Just staring upwards in silence waiting for people to wake up
Yin stretches and rubs her neck, the backpack pillow less than satisfactory. "Morning everyone," she mumbles looking around the camp
Sohl takes care to extinguish the campfire twice, and cover it up with dirt. He leaves the rock circle as-is, and quickly rolls up his bedding. Before you know it, his pack is hefted onto his shoulders and he's ready to go!
Sohl: "G'mornin!"
PseudoGM: That's probably not a great idea actually, as you discovered the first time you tried to do that that the fences have electricity corsing through them and shock the heck out of anything that touched them - to keep the monsters from messing with the relay.
Harino strolls over and picks up her pack, doublechecking her swords in her sheaths after some light morning exercises.
Shuu nods at Sohl "Ah, good morning" he stands up slowly, for a moment the sound of his leg pistons is kind of loud, but then they're gone "Always difficult to start up in the morning" he doesn't even needs to pick anything up, it's been attached to his body since he went to sleep "Particularly when you forget those are electrified fences"
Wrench growls something gutteral and pulls herself in a circle, wheeling to her feet with a a roll of her shoulders and a slap of her tail to the ground. Bleary-eyed.
Yin: "Do we have a map of this floor to get to the next town or are we heading straight to the next stairwell?" Yin is checking the contents of her bag making sure nothing spilled out in the night and shifting things to lay more comfortably.
Sohl: "Eheheh! You ain't kiddin. When we make it to the next town, I'll see if I can trade about for some coffee beans."
Shuu pulls up his backpack and checks "Maps are hard to come by, I don't think I have one for this floor"
Shuu: "Hrm… Next we run into a town we should see if we can get maps for the higher floors… I have no hope of such, however"
PseudoGM: Wrench is still passingly familiar with the area, even if she doesn't come up this way terribly often, at least.
Sohl: "We'll give it the good ol' wanderer's 'try'."
Wrench grumbles something nonverbal and shakes her back out.
Sohl: "Still a ways to go yet, hope everyone doesn't mind campin'."
Yin after fidgeting with the pack a bit more Yin stands, hauling it to her shoulder. "Well I suppose we should head out then once eveyone is good and awake. You ok Wrench?"
Shuu: "Not a morning person, I imagine"
Shuu looks at Sohl "It's what I expected out of this trip"
Yin: "Camping is good. And cheaper than inns…"
Sohl: "Heh. That's actually something I was mulling about while nodding off last night."
Harino: "I imagine we'll be doing a lot of camping in the future, yes."
Sohl: "This your first crew you've recruited, Shuu?"
Wrench grumbles a few times, stares with red eyes at Yin, and then manages: "…Fine."
Shuu: "Recruited, yes"
Shuu looks out in the distance, looks up at the ceiling trying to see what direction the stairwell for the next floor should be
PseudoGM: It's sort of hard to tell with all the trees in the area, though being in a clearing helps. After a bit of squinting… it's probably that column out in the north west. Not much else it could be.
Yin looks at the electrified fence "You can undo that from in here, right?"
Yin: "though… i suppose it would be a design flaw to have to trap yourself in here like that. There have been dumber designs though"
Wrench looks at Yin, then at the fence. "Got a switch. We leave it on." She stretches. It's impressive - she's even taller than she usually is, arching up like that.
Shuu looks at Yin "You can turn it off, yeah. There's also a handle to open it from the inside"
Wrench squints at the northwest column. [Navigation 2 + 1 + 1]
Wrench rolled 4d6 and got 3, 6, 4, 3 ( Total: 16 )
Wrench: "We're gonna cut straight through. Gonna be quick. Gonna be, uh, spicy."
Shuu: "Now that's not omnious"
Shuu: "Any idea of the dangers of the way" he says, despite the fact he's actually already starting to head in that direction, hopefully Wrench picks up on it and takes lead
Wrench: "Security's got a glitch. We'll be busting through. Practically a public service, thinning em out, like."
Yin: "Sounds like fun? Lead the way"
PseudoGM: Perhaps even more so than you think, considering the diretion Wrench moves out in looks almost like a proper trail.
Wrench hefts her cannon up and pushes forward a bit. "Zap em or something, probably," she offers.
Shuu shakes his head slightly "Security fault?"
Harino: "What kind of security are we talking about here?"
Wrench: "Sentry drones."
Sohl: "Mechanical, and not personnel! That's good at least."
Wrench smiles a very jagged smile. "When the personnel get glitchy, it's even messier."
Yin hurries to follow, so as not to get lost "Sentries for what? What would they guarding here?"
Shuu: "I would imagine any amount of infrastructure"
Wrench: "Nothin', maybe." She holds a heavy branch out of the way of everyone else as they pass underneath it.
Shuu: "Sentry drones, huhn? They're not that bad"
Wrench: "Just a stray mark on the blueprints when the level was coming up, made a bunch of em think it's super high importance when it's just trees and plate."
Shuu sighs "They're obistinate, if nothing else"
Harino: "That does sound like the kind of thing that would get overlooked in something of this size…"
Sohl: "Mmm…"
Sohl: "Sure!"
Shuu: "If they think something's important here, best we can do is deal with them as we move along"
Shuu: "Here's hoping they don't have a deployment station here, that'd make them relentless"
Wrench shrugs. "Nothing to do but punch through."
Yin checks that she has easy access to her spell tome and looks around uselessly into the brush for any sign of more aggression.
Harino: "If we have to carve a path, well, it almost certainly won't be the last time."
Sohl: "It's a great public service, really."
Sohl: "It might allow other groups to have an easier time of things, help promote travel a bit!"
Sohl: "We're repairing this tower one issue at a time, eh?"
Yin: "Maybe, if we pass through a town, they'll reward us for that service even!" Yin laughs
Shuu: "
Shuu: "Ahaha, that would be wonderful"
Shuu: "But yes, perhaps it'll also help travel"
Shuu is idly looking around as they walk, he has no hope of catching anything trying to sneak at them, but new places are always interesting
PseudoGM: It's a lot like the floor below it - lots of high trees, solid dirt on the ground. You can tell that you're following what used to be a trail of pathway through the forest, but hasn't been mantained in decades and has a fair bit of overgrowth covering it now.
PseudoGM: There's still monkies in the area of course, as well as the dust bunnies. On ocassion to happen to spot some red sphere things quickly moving along the ground, and the bats you can sort of make out on the ceiling look a bit funny, but you can't really place your finger on it.
Shuu: "More monkeys"
Shuu: "Want to make a bet they're going to be a problem at some point?"
Sohl: "More than they have been?
Wrench: "Sucker bet."
Yin: "That sounds like a fool's bet."
Shuu: "Indeed a sucker bet"
Yin: "maybe we can ward them off someway though, if the lower floor was any indication of their craftiness"
PseudoGM: After a few hours, you can spot a structor in the distance. It looks like fallen trees, bits of scrap metal, dirt and leaves have all been pilled up into a barricade of some sort? It opens up in the center, through where the tail passes through, and seem to extend in either direction for quite a while.
Shuu stops for a moment and crosses his arms
Shuu: "A barricade, really?"
Sohl adjusts the brim of his hat (because it's so wide, this involves a bit of bending and reaching). "Hrm… I didn't recall any damming animals about this area…"
Shuu: "I imagine that we'll have to deal with some sort ambush at the moment"
Harino: "Or something demanding a toll to pass."
Wrench continues along, straight through, turning back to give Shuu a look just for a moment. "As I said: straight through."
Shuu: "It's just so obvious, though" he walks on ahead "Okay whoever's waiting do come out soon, now will you?"
Wrench: "Robot tolls are pointless. They just heap it somewhere or burn it all up or something."
Sohl redoubles his stride, hunching up a bit in a defensive posture, sliding his glowing eyes this way and that.
PseudoGM: Don't you hate it, Shuu, when you know something dumb is going to happen, but don't see it fast enough to react to it in time?
Shuu finds it incredibly annoying, yes
PseudoGM: You get that feeling in the pit of your stomach particularly strong this time, as the ground collapses below the group as you start passing through, and fall into a shallow pit. Which it them met with joyful shrieks from monkies in the trees, and an obnoxious, metallic laugh.
[OOC] PseudoGM: The group's starting the next fight Slow 2d, since Wrench missed that little detail when she was planning out her route
Sohl: "Augh- Shuu this isn't that funny…"
Yin jumps up after landing on her back, looking around wildly at the sides of the pit "A pit trap?! I didn't know monkeys could dig"
PseudoGM: "WaHahAha! FooLIsh invADers!" A brass statue looking creatures walks up to the edge of the pit, looking down into her.
Shuu blinks as the floor gives in, he drops on the floor with surprising grace "I really knew this was going to happen"
Wrench snarls and levels her cannon.
Shuu looks up "Oh, great. An ordinal"
PseudoGM: "NotHINg getS PasT Us!" Another two appear flanking it, before their eyes start lighting up at Wrench. "WarNING waRNinG wArnING!"
Harino picks herself up from landing in a crouch, glaring up at the creatures. "That's a little more foresight than I was expecting."
Shuu sighs, backflips out of the pit and pulling out his axe "Okay, let's get this little fight out of the way"
Yin pulls the large book out of a pocket in her bag and begins flipping through the pages once again
Wrench wipes spit off her muzzle and glares at the machines. "My gun's gonna feast on your innards, y'damn runts."
PseudoGM: "ReLEAse thE tuRRets!" "TUrretS enGAGing!"
Sohl busily pushes himself up to a standing position and draws his axe!
PseudoGM: One of the reaches behind its back, grabbing two rifles and - just - kind of throws them into the air as the Ordinal begins sliding down the edge of the pit.
PseudoGM: A few seconds later two of the monkies that had been observing from the trees drop down and pick the rifles up and begin fiddling with them - almost like they know how they work - then point them down at the party???
[OOC] Shuu: Oh when you said 'shallow pit' I was kind of expecting like 40~50cm tall
Shuu shakes his head "You are so annoying…"
PseudoGM: Well, it's not terribly deep in either case, you'll be able to pull yourselves out once these things aren't in you way.
PseudoGM: Rogue Sentry B is the first one to make it to the group, and lets off a [Rocket Punch] at Shuu!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 )
[OOC] Harino: I guess Driftin Quicken 2 cancels out the Slow 2
PseudoGM: Oh right
PseudoGM: I'm not actually posting the stats/inits anymore so the obvious place to ask about that is gone.
Shuu grabs the flying punch with his left hand, and throws it back where it came from
PseudoGM: You can quicken/slow yourself as desired whenever you see me gen the init list in the program from now on I guess, Rein.
PseudoGM: (Use the arrows by the sides of the name in the middle to move it up/down)
[OOC] Harino: Duly noted, I was mostly asking to make sure you hadn't done it for me yet.
PseudoGM: I had not no.
[OOC] Shuu: You could probably drop a "Turn end/start" marker in here, btw
[OOC] Sohl: yeah a textual round counter
PseudoGM: Probabably yeah, I'll figure something out.
PseudoGM: Monkey Marksman glances down, then [Takes Aim] at Shuu! [Gains Short Lucky II at the start of next round, and deals large bonus damage if it attacks Shuu]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 64 ( Total: 64 )
PseudoGM: Yin!
[OOC] Yin: Overdrive!
Yin: With a flash of bright light, in the place where Yin once stood with hand out and spell ready, swirls instead a roiling pillar of dark, black fog. As you watch it coalesces into a humanoid figure again, as tall as Wrench though not so broad of shoulder and limbs that are much, much too long. Elemental light can be seen flashing in an internal storm and it cocks it's head toward the enemy.
Yin: A maw forms in the otherwise featureless region where a face should be and the once-Yin smiles wickedly. Soundlessly it lifts an elongated hand, unleashing a torrent of white hot magic that rips out and across the enemy with an intensity as yet unseen. Muffled cackling can be heard bubbling up from deep within the smoke
Yin: Casting [Hunter Beam] with Air Combo Long Burning at [Rogue Sentry A]
Yin rolled d100 and got 11 ( Total: 11 )
PseudoGM: The Sentry's seem unphases, though the Monkies share a quick, nervous look with one another at Yin's sudden transformation.
Sohl: "Whoa!" He ducks for cover from the Hunter Beam!
PseudoGM: Rogue Sentry's are Resistant to fire damage!
Yin rolled 1d10+15 and got 1 ( Total: 16 )
[OOC] Yin: Burst adds 3 right???)
PseudoGM: Yup!
[OOC] Yin: Ah, +2 for Elemental Power
[OOC] Yin: Sorry, numbers
Shuu looks at Yin as they transform "Whoa" he takes a step to the side "Been a while since i've seen that"
Sohl: "Ahahaha, I've only heard of it!" he half-chuckles and coughs, working his way to his feet.
PseudoGM: Ah, taking the earlier advice of grabbing the E-Power and Focus II for that warbody as well? That'd be +5 then, since II power level.
PseudoGM: Wich means [16] total, after buffs and resistance.
PseudoGM: "UnclEAn uNCLEan!" The Sentry begins to flail around, on fire.
PseudoGM: Harino!
[OOC] Yin: Seemed like solid advice, yeah
Harino hops up towards the edge of the pit, katana lashing out at Sentry B! [Strike Down]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 9 ( Total: 19.0 ) for -2 Drive
[OOC] PseudoGM: 19]! [-2 Drive]!
PseudoGM: The Sentry glares at Harino before it begins ti radiate a red aura. [Redline] [+Long K-Power, Long K-Guard]
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 )
PseudoGM: Sentry A, still on fire, dashes forward at Harino, slamming a [Rocket Fist - Fire Combo] into her!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 )
PseudoGM: But is easily parried.
PseudoGM: Shuu?
Harino hops back, batting it away.
Shuu points his axe forward, then swipes it upwards and in an arc all the way behind him, drawing in with the movement the leftover fog of Yin's transformation. On the entire arc of the swing a distortion appears, he steps back into the distortion, his very image turning the same [Distort] [C-Recovery]
[OOC] Shuu: That's it btw
PseudoGM: Actually Sentry B didn't do that I'm dumb………….
PseudoGM: Monkey Marksman B [Takes Aim] at Yin! [Short Lucky II next round, and deals bonus damage against Yin next round]
PseudoGM: Sentry *C*, right now, is the one that uses [Redline] and gets buffs.
PseudoGM: Sohl?
Sohl rolled 2d4 and got 4, 1 ( Total: 5 ) for fire water earth air Gen
Sohl sends a wind mote colliding into Rogue SEntry B! [Wind 0 - True Strike 6 Air Damage] He then follows up with a strike on the same sentry! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 66 ( Total: 66 ) for 80
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 5 ( Total: 17 )
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness!
[OOC] PseudoGM: 11] [17]!
PseudoGM: Wrench!
Sohl: "Aha! Lucky!"
Wrench takes a step forward, slams her foot down, and points her cannon forward. "Like I said…" She cranks the handle on it, and with a loud ka-chunk, the barrel pops open, splaying open like solar panels. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXnfxVKhBG4]
Wrench: "PUNCH! STRAIGHT! THROUGH!"
Yin nods, grin still slashed across it's face
Wrench fires one - two - three - four shots, one after the other, cranking the handle each time with a massive ka-chunk, right into the far wall of the pit. There's a loud, horrific rumbling…
Wrench: …And it explodes outwards, debris claymoring into all the enemies, sending even the monkeys scattering! …And, oh, hey, making an easy ramp for later. [OD - Desperado]
Wrench rolled 5d100 and got 10, 52, 51, 1, 83 ( Total: 197 ) for 80 apiece Sentry ABC Monkey AB
PseudoGM: "aRTillERY striKE!" "ARtiLleRy StrIKe!!"
Sohl dives for cover again!
PseudoGM: Hit x4, Miss x1!
[OOC] Wrench: -3 LP, scoring a critical vs. Sentry A and Monkey A, and landing the hit against Monkey B.
Wrench rolled 2d8+22 and got 6, 3 ( Total: 31.0 )
Also rolled 1d8+17 and got 8 [Total: 25.0 (High), Avg: 8.00]
Total: 56.0, Avg: 5.67
Wrench: Hitting for 31 critical 25 normal!
Wrench thumps her cannon against the ground, and the… entire barrel falls off, hissing smoke and steam.
Shuu: "That is some pretty heavy artillery there:
Wrench dashes forward and, as Sentry B is still pulling himself upright, she rests the remnant of her gun on its shoulder, lining up a shot at Marksman B! [C Pin!] [Scope!]
Wrench rolled 1d100 and got 32 ( Total: 32 ) for C100
Wrench rolled 1d8+14 and got 2 ( Total: 16.0 )
Wrench: Shooting it for 16 damage! She's… not taking many more shots with no gun, though.
[OOC] PseudoGM: 16]!
PseudoGM: The Sentries have mostly regaining their barings by this point, but the monkies are still freaking out a fair bit.
PseudoGM: And that's the end of round one! Overdrives are crazy.
[OOC] PseudoGM: ROUND TWO
PseudoGM: Rogue Senty dashes fowards to [Attack] Sohl!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 15 ( Total: 15 )
PseudoGM rolled d8+10 and got 2 ( Total: 12 )
PseudoGM: Hitting for 12 physical damage!
Sohl had just gotten back to his feet (again (again)) and barely gets his guard up for the blow- but it still lands!
PseudoGM: Monkey A recenters itself just in time to fire off a shot at Shuu. [Lead Poisoning]
Dicebot:// Modifier Error: Unable to parse -30 in d100-30
PseudoGM: //Boo

PseudoGM rolled d100-30 and got 71 ( Total: 41.0 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled 2d6+20 and got 6, 5 ( Total: 31 )
PseudoGM: Nailing him for 31 physical damage, and inflicting Long Toxin!
PseudoGM: Yin!
Yin rolled d100 and got 87 ( Total: 87 ) for The smoke-Yin claws at the air, arms blurring slightly with the movement and blasting air toward [Monkey Marksman B] ((Shooting Star, combo with rush for +4 damage. Quicken +1))
[OOC] Yin: What range do spells miss in?
Shuu sidesteps the attack with ease, he's not where the monkey thinks he is [-2 LP]
PseudoGM: Over 100
PseudoGM: It's hard to miss with them.
Shuu: "Give it up, you can't hit me like this"
PseudoGM: Magic Is Good.
Yin rolled d10+16 and got 4 ( Total: 20 ) for Air damage
[OOC] PseudoGM: 20]!
[OOC] Yin: +2 from Perceptive if they're weak to it
PseudoGM: They're neutral to wind!
PseudoGM: And feel free to click up your turn marker if you want to quicken yourself.
PseudoGM: Harino!
Harino grins as she pulls out her second katana, dashing forward to smash them both into Sentry B. "I hear you, Wrench!" [Overdrive: Weight of the World]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 9 ( Total: 9 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 3d10+24 and got 6, 3, 3 ( Total: 36.0 )
Wrench howls: "HELL YEAH!"
[OOC] PseudoGM: 36]! The Sentry sort of digs into the ground as the lights in its eyes die out. [KO]!
Harino then twists and slashes deeply at Sentry A as a follow-up! [Strike Down, self C-Launch]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 62 ( Total: 62 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 1d10+14 and got 1 ( Total: 15.0 ) for -2 Drive
[OOC] PseudoGM: 15]! [-2 Drive]!
PseudoGM: The Sentry pins around from the force of the blow, then strikes back at Harino! [Attack - Rush Combo]!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 8 ( Total: 8 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled d8+10 and got 5 ( Total: 15 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 15 physical damage and Slowing her 1!
PseudoGM: Shuu!
Shuu takes a short sprint, jumps and bouncess off the wall to the back wall, wall-jumps again bringing himself above the pit, he spins vertically midair as he slashes a rift below him and drops into it. A moment passes, and a rift appears behind Monkey Marksman B and Shuu comes out of it with the full energy of his momentum, driving it into the pit and right into the ground [Warp Strike]
Shuu rolled 1d100-15 and got 68 ( Total: 53.0 ) for 90/20
Shuu rolled 2d8+22 and got 5, 2 ( Total: 29 )
Shuu strikes it down for [29] damage
PseudoGM: The monkey attempt to block the strike with its rifle, but it's snapped in half, before sending the creature flying. [KO]!
PseudoGM: Okay that means I'm on… Sentry C now
PseudoGM: Oh hey I even figured out where I was on the init list before leaving, go me.
PseudoGM: Sentry C lets off a [Rocket Punch] on Shuu, now that he's done bouncing around!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 99 ( Total: 99 ) for 80
PseudoGM: Glitchy indeed. :(
PseudoGM: Sohl!
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 2 ( Total: 2 ) for fire water earth air EssGen
Shuu watches as it veers entirely off course
PseudoGM: "hAxxX!"
Sohl flicks a water mote into Sentry A [Water 0 - True Strike 6 Water Damage] and follows up with an axe strike! [Attack]
Sohl: !Roll 1d100 ; 80
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 42 ( Total: 42 ) for 80
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 2 ( Total: 14 )
Shuu: "Ugh… No it's just your own lack of quality"
[OOC] PseudoGM: 6] [14]!
PseudoGM: Wrench!
Wrench runs up to the fallen sentry and digs it back out of the ground a little, pulling its head off and slamming her gun down onto its trunk. She ducks behind some fallen debris to… make a few adjustments. [Defend!] [Reloading!] [Just borrowing some parts…]
PseudoGM: And that's the end of the round!
[OOC] PseudoGM: ROUND THREE
PseudoGM: Yin's at the top of the init list now!
Yin rolled d100 and got 28 ( Total: 28 ) for Yin twists around, clawing towards [Rogue Sentry C] and blasting air towards it instead after noting their earlier demonstrated weakness ((Shooting Star, combo with rush for +4 damage. Quicken +1))
Yin: Spend a luck to burst
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness!
Yin rolled d10+23 and got 3 ( Total: 26 ) for Air damage
[OOC] PseudoGM: 26]!
[OOC] Yin: That has the weakness factored into it all
PseudoGM: Monkey A levels its gun at Harino and gives her some [Lead Poisoning]!
[OOC] Yin: But not the burst dang it
PseudoGM: +3 more then!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 19 ( Total: 19 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled d6+10 and got 5 ( Total: 15 )
PseudoGM: Dealing 15 physical damage and inflicting Long Toxin!
PseudoGM: Sentry A rushes forward, giving a [Rocket Punch] to Sohl!
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 100 ( Total: 100 ) for 80
PseudoGM: Not a single one of those connected……
PseudoGM: It then burns enough that it topples over unceremonously.
[OOC] PseudoGM: OK]!
PseudoGM: Harino!
Sohl blinks as the fist flies past him and then as the robot faceplants.
Sohl: "Yep, I'll take it!"
Harino grimaces as she feels the Toxin seeping in, before dashing forward and slashing at the remaining Sentry. [Rally Strike, C-Air]
Harino rolled 1d100 and got 52 ( Total: 52 ) for 80/10
Harino rolled 1d10+10 and got 9 ( Total: 19.0 ) for +2 Drive to Harino, Shuu, and Sohl
[OOC] PseudoGM: 19]!
PseudoGM: Shuu!
[OOC] Harino: Oh, I think that's -2 because of K-Guard, sadly
[OOC] PseudoGM: 17] yes.
Shuu considers the opponents before him. He takes a step back and does a simple slash behind him as he does so, moving into the distortion [Distort]
PseudoGM: Sentry C attempts to [Rocket Punch] Harino! Sometimes attacks land on her.
PseudoGM rolled d100 and got 63 ( Total: 63 ) for 80
PseudoGM rolled d8+14 and got 6 ( Total: 20 )
PseudoGM: Finally, finally hitting for 22 physical damage!
PseudoGM: Wrench!
Wrench: (hm hm-)
Wrench ducks back out, toting her brand-new cannon - with fancy brass barrel! - and fires a blaze of shots every-which way! [Wild Shot]
Yin ducks
[OOC] Wrench: …Activating Lion Bracelet, ofc!
Wrench rolled 2d100 and got 77, 69 ( Total: 146 ) for 100 Marksman Sentry
Sohl dives for cover yet again!!! Too much dirt is eaten this battle
Wrench rolled 1d8+20 and got 6 ( Total: 26.0 )
Wrench: Hitting both for 26 physical damage!
[OOC] Wrench: Oh C90 actually. Anyway, We Still Good.
Shuu backsteps and gets closer to the wall "I'll imagine that's a measured assault"
[OOC] PseudoGM: 26][26]! The Sentry starts wobbling erratically and lets out a strange, brassy sound.
Sohl picks himself up from the ground. "Whoof… okay."
PseudoGM: Sohl!
Sohl: "Time to tidy up a bit."
Sohl raises both hands above his head, pushing back the brim of his hat somewhat. The wind whips up, and motes of all the elements begin to draw forth from the ground, the air, the sparks abound- everywhere! The magic is everywhere, if you know where to look! [OVERDRIVE - Elemental Circle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aYso7j8wsw ]
The motes coalesce into a big bright ball of energy that spreads into a flat circle! This disc slams down on our heroes- passing through them, healing their wounds!
Sohl: !Roll 1d100 ; 25 burst
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 75 ( Total: 75 ) for 25 burst
Sohl rolled 1d8+10 and got 3 ( Total: 13 ) for restore HP to everyone
Sohl rolled 1d4 and got 4 ( Total: 4 ) for fire water earth air ESsGen
Sohl pops the newly created Air essence into his mouth! Yum! [Pure Mana - +5 MP] He then strikes at the remaining Sentry with newfound vigor! [Attack]
Sohl rolled 1d100 and got 74 ( Total: 74 ) for 80
Sohl: !Roll 1d6+12
Sohl rolled 1d6+12 and got 4 ( Total: 16 )
PseudoGM: It makes one last sputtering noise before toppling over. [KO]!
PseudoGM: And that's the end of the round!
PseudoGM: We're on… round… FOUR I'm pretty sure.
PseudoGM: With Yin at the top of the init list!
Yin rolled d100 and got 55 ( Total: 55 ) for Yin turns towards the last monkey, stalking like a predator and casting [Hunter Beam]
PseudoGM: Hits the weakness!
Yin rolled d10+19 and got 9 ( Total: 28 )
[OOC] Yin: Fire, I think that's the total mods…)
[OOC] Yin: Oh, and long burning combo again, but i don't think it wil matter
[OOC] Sohl: don't let ice 1% us, Always Burning
[OOC] Yin: Shooting Star and Hunter Beam are both in Witch Mode
PseudoGM: {28]! The Monkey lets out a screetch as the rifle in its hand explodes, then flings it away as it run off into the forest. [OK]!
Shuu looks at the last remaining opponent fleeting "Did they actually train the monkeys to fire, is the question"
Shuu: "Looked plenty loyal too, staying after the handlers went down"
PseudoGM: … [+15 EXP]!
Sohl: "They got a few shots off, so they were used to it, I guess."
Sohl dusts off his clothes. "Beyond just wearin' plates as armor."
Harino wipes her blades clean before resheathing them, and starts to climb properly out of the pit. "Hopefully that's the last of them."
Sohl: "We had bigger bangs, though! Y'all are pretty incredible!"
Shuu hops at the wall, bounces off of it and partway through the bounce fires the small thrusters he has in his feet, landing at the top of the pit. He looks around for something to help people out, or maybe just helps them out as they climb the debris left by Wrench
Yin: The billowing smoke appears to collapse in onto itself as the adrenaline of the fight disappates leaving the same small Yin you've been traveling with standing there. The smoke wafts away in the breeze leaving no trace. "They seem more than trained. I'd say they were down right intelligent"
Shuu: "We did have all of our best ready to go off at the start"
Wrench slams her fists together and levels her gun over her shoulder, climbing up the far edge of the pit.
Wrench: "We ain't stoppin' now." [L0 -> L1!]
Yin heads over to the side and holds up a hand for a boost to get out
Sohl ambles up the side of the pit, probably with a bit of assistance from Shuu. It's not that he can't climb, but… the brim of his hat keeps smooshing down, covering his eyes somewhat…
Wrench hauls Yin up. Hup!
Shuu: "I would suggest five minutes to make sure everyone's in good state, though." he says, pulling Sohl up
Shuu: "After we clear the barricade, mind"
PseudoGM: A cursory glance around the area doesn't turn up any other Sentry's, and what few monkies remain are high up in the trees, giving you your space.
Sohl: "Oh, yeah, no problem." He casts a healing [Breeze] around himself and Harino.
Yin: "I'm great!" Yin is practically floating and looks energized from the fight
Sohl rolled 1d10+12 and got 2 ( Total: 14 )
Shuu looks at the barricade, stares at the monkeys so they get the idea he's not up for more games, then nods to himself "As soon as the healers give it the go ahead we continue, then"
Sohl: "I think we mostly walked outta there better than we went in! Turns out the best way to throw a punch is to make sure your fist stays on your wrist!"
PseudoGM: There's a large pile of junk a bit off to one side - broken down machines, guns that don't look like've worked for years, random carboard and metal boxes both. There's not a whole lot of interest there, but you do manage to turn up x1 [Flashbang] that still looks in working order, and x1 [Tonic] which hasn't gone bad, yet.
Sohl: "Geheheh!"
Shuu: "I mean, there's a reason you don't see any Maxwellian doing that"
Shuu: "Those brass fools are really dumb"
Harino nods her head towards Sohl, then glares at the monkeys up in the trees before looking over at the baricade. "Just because none of you got hit by them…"
Sohl ruffles through the piles… "Ooh, yes… some of this is still good, hrmrmrmrmrmmm…."
Shuu: "They were quite insistent on striking you down, Harino. You'd think they'd focus on Yin or even me"
Shuu: "I wonder what part of their programming tripped that much aggression"
Harino: "Well, the robots would have had to get through us to get to the ones behind us… which seems to include you half the time."
Shuu looks at Sohl, kneels down to look at the loot "A lot of trash… There's alwys a lot of trash, huhn…"
Shuu: "That is true"
Sohl: "Ah, well, one man's trash is another man's tonic!"
Shuu: "Ahaha, I imagine so, Sohl"
Shuu stands up again "It's always bothered me, though, that there's always so much trash. Oh well, no use dwelling on it"
Shuu: "Shall we, then?"
Yin: "yes, let's"
Sohl stands from his crouch. "Punchin' straight through, right, right!"
PseudoGM: Phew!
Yin: "I know it was a bit of a joke, but we may actually have done some good clearing that mess out for any nearby denizens. That seems overly calculated and too consistant"
Sohl: "Hm? Who's jokin'?" he says with a smile.
PseudoGM: Strangely, the trail from the barricade to the stair well is actually a bit clearer - seems like the Sentries have been stomping up and down the pathway pretty frequently since they set up shop on this floor.
Shuu looks at the trail as they move along "Did those sentries come from the upper floors?"
Sohl: "Possible…"
Sohl: "Or are you asking if they move between floors regularly?"
PseudoGM: And, eventually, you arrive at the stairwell leading up to [F2000]. This one's even harder to open up than the last - need to give it a good shoulder check before it actually pops open.
Sohl: "The latter… well it'd be really weird, wouldn't it?"
PseudoGM: The lights aren't as flickery though, which I guess is something!
Shuu: "Given the state of this door"
Shuu: "I was wondering if it was regular, but they seemed to have been patrolling this path"
Shuu: "It just feels strange"
Yin: "Yeah, the door suggests not unless they've found another path"
Wrench tackles the door open.
Harino: "I rather doubt there's other paths between floors. Unless you count the cargo elevator."
Shuu waits until Wrench is done forcing it open, he inspects it closer. Bent? Rusted? Either way he just wants to see if he can resolve this
Sohl: "Man, if I only knew of ANY other paths. It'd be a huge help!"
Sohl: "I guess such a thing would attract a lot of attention, though."
Yin shrugs. "Little beasties like little warrens. Who knows though"
PseudoGM: Little of both, though more so the rust than the dent.
Sohl: "In any case," he clears his throat before beginning to ascend the stairs, "-we're making incredible time, given the resistance."
Shuu applies bit of oil, the dent will have to be lived with "Okay sorry just gimme a second here- There we go"
Shuu: "Not sure why but this door annoyed the hell out of me"
Shuu: "But, yes, we are"
Shuu looks up the stairwell
Shuu: "Shall we move on, then?
Harino: "Of course."
Wrench: "Let's."
Yin heads up the stairs
Sohl: "Could it be…" He turns to look down the stairs at Shuu, "-that you have a fondness for broken things?"
Shuu: "I am part of the maintenance team, yes"
Wrench cackles with laughter.
Shuu: "Despite the fact it doesn't look like it on most days"
[F2000] … You'd think there's be some kind of monument or landmark or *something* on a floor like this, but… well. You're mostly just met with more and more forest, as far as the eye can see when you open the door up.
PseudoGM: The clearing around the stairwell is pretty wide though, and you can seem remnents of a camp ground that likely hasn't seen use in ages.
PseudoGM: Though…
Yin: "Well that's a bit anticlimactic. Was hoping for some sign of humanity again"
Shuu: "This may be the point in which they stopped caring, I imagine"
PseudoGM: After taking a few steps out and looking around a bit, there is one notable feature that you don't see too often - there's actually an access hatch to the outside of the Tower nearby (looks like you're right up against the wall now, which is weird since you weren't on the way up), and a couple of large, reinforced windows looking out into the sky.
Wrench laughs, nudging Shuu in the side.
Wrench: "You picked your crew a little bit choicier, we could take a shortcut."
Wrench: "Not that I'm complainin'."
Sohl: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. If it was just a bit later, I'd recommend campin' out right here."
Shuu looks at the access hatch "Yeah. Then again I don't think anyone would like to do that"
Sohl: "This kinda view… there's many that don't get to see somethin' like this for all their lives."
Harino tilts her head, peering out one of the windows.
PseudoGM: And for anyone that does look out: a dull, brown sky, as far as the eye can see. Below you are sickly green colored clouds block your view of the surface, and you can jsut barely make out strange faint yellow and purple wisp floating about aimlessly.
Sohl: "A'int it somethin'!"
Shuu looks at the wisp for a while, are those things common? Either way it's outside, nowhere they're going to go anytime
PseudoGM: Yeah, you've definitely seen them before.
Harino lets out a breath, shaking her head. "All this time later, and it's still just as miserable out there as the stories tell."
Shuu: "Maybe if we find a way to stop killing ourselves inside here, we might find a solution for out there"
Sohl: "Ho? That's a curious statement."
Yin approaches the window and looks out over the bleak scene a pensively and with a look of deep thought on her face.
Shuu: "Rather than being halfway through the forest by the time the lights dim how about we take advantage of the old camp in here?"
Harino: "…Now that would certainly be something."
Sohl nods. "Half the works' done for us anyway."
Sohl: "Also better to have a clear mind when goin' through the rest of this. Forest 's a bit thicker on this floor."
Yin: "So we might as well"
Shuu: "Just a hopeful statement, Sohl" he's heading back to the camp "Hope no more traps tomorrow"
PseudoGM: Sohl: looking around a bit more, it looks like at some point someone had actually started placing down defensive sigils and warning glyphs around the access hatch and camp site, but then got bored and stopped about a third of the way through?
Harino: "We'll just have to keep a better eye out tomorrow."
Sohl scratches in his chin area. (The beard sort of obscurs it. Plus the rolling darkness. Honestly, your mind is filling in a lot of the gaps.)
Yin turns away from the window rejoining the conversation at hand, albeit distractedly "Well now we'll be able to see if the time inside matches the time on the outside! That's pretty exciting" she says as she pull sout her book to write in once again.
Sohl rolled 6d6 and got 2, 6, 3, 4, 5, 1 ( Total: 21 ) for 2d6 + 2 survival + 1 previous camp
Wrench: "It don't." Wrench says, as she stalks off into the woods.
Wrench rolled 4d6 and got 6, 2, 1, 2 ( Total: 11 ) for 2 + 1 + 1
Sohl spends a luck to turn that 4 into a 5.
PseudoGM: Wrench is right - it doesn't. It actually gets dark outside about an hour and a half sooner than the lights inside start to dim, which gives Wrench just enough time to rustle some stuff up before the articial lights low themselves.
Sohl finishes setting up the campfire, leaving the sigils intact and bracing themselves well against intruders. [The night passes uneventfully]. For dinner, he makes a small sauce-paste mixture of peanuts, garlic, a few flakes of something red, and some dark brown liquid. It gives the evening meals a little bit of spicy kick! [Everybody restores +4 MP] [Everybody restores +4 MP]
Wrench stalks back as it gets dark, a surly look in her eyes. "Can-openers at the ready, boys and girls."
PseudoGM: Though it doesn't seem like it gets properly dark outside, more that it turns into a hazy sort of purple color and isn't as bright anymore. Some more dingy grey colored clouds seem to float a little lower, coming into view from ahead as well.
Shuu: "I've a pretty big one here" he says, patting his axe "Don't worry"
Wrench: "Sniffed somethin' out in the bushes. Had to double back so don't it trace me back to camp."
[OOC] Wrench: No Forage Today. Everybody eat 1.
Sohl: "Mm… then this is just what the rations will need!" He passes the paste around.
PseudoGM: As for the symbols around the area… well, you've got time to inspect them while camp preperations are happening, especially Yin.
Yin rolled 4d6 and got 5, 6, 4, 2 ( Total: 17 ) for insight to figure if they were for a more specific purpose or designed to guard against a certain enemy
PseudoGM: It takes you a bit to figure out what exactly it reminds you of since it's been so long since you've seen one in person. Someone was definitely in the process of setting up a Sanctuary here though, but it looks like they had to abandon the project. No good clues at to why though, since the ambient magical energies in the area seem pretty stable (even more stable than they were on the
PseudoGM: two previous floors)
Harino shrugs a little, cracking open one of her cans of tuna, appreciative of the extra bits from Sohl.
PseudoGM: If you had to guess, probably a Dantali attack from outside and then they jsut moved on to a different location.
Sohl gives Yin another bindle of rations for the day.
Yin: "hmmm… Someone wanted this to be a Sanctuary… Dantali… Wrench any mor specific idea what was following you around?"
Yin takes the rations sheepishly and greatfully. "I will pay you back in full"
Wrench snorts - she's already curled up for sleep. "Nope. Smelled like blood. Wasn't gonna get close enough to find out more."
Yin: "Maybe we should post guards up tonight?"
PseudoGM: This was all ages and ages ago, of course. (Your best guess is a Dantali attack, because them breeching the walls is why *most* outside access hatches exist.)
Shuu: "Probably just a hunter, but wise anyway"
Yin: "I can be first if need be. Anything to pull my weight"
Sohl: "Keep up that powerful blastin' and I'll feed ya' all day!"
Shuu: "After that last fight, Yin, I don't think you have anything to prove, in all honesty"
Yin looks at her feet, embarrassed. "Thank you"
Shuu: "Well, do just poke me whenever it would be my turn, I don't rest too deeply as you might surmise"
Yin nods and sets up a space where she can comfortably keep watch on the trees. "I'll change over and wake you in a few hours"
Sohl rolls out his bedroll and lies on his side, idly looking out the window. He dozes, eyes lulled to sleep by the dark brown skies.
PseudoGM: It's definitely an odd experience, sleeping near those larger windows and having what little outside light there is filtering in. Odd, but not… wholely unpleasent.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License